View Full Version : Official 1st Round Of The 2015 NFL Draft Thread

Pages : 1 2 [3]

pbmax
04-30-2015, 10:58 PM
LOL what is JUCO heard that 4 or more times tonight on tv

Junior College.

3irty1
04-30-2015, 10:59 PM
OK, I concede on Tramon. He went somewhere else first (Jags) and Packers snatched him up. But you have to count a UDFA who starts as a rookie for the team that signed him as a GM/scouting win.

That's a coaching staff win. They get the credit for fixing what every team in the league saw as too many flaws to draft.

mraynrand
04-30-2015, 11:00 PM
i WAS SO HAPPY mELVIN gORDAN WENT TO THE COLTS LETS JUST HOPE HE QUITS FUMBLING

wha?

pbmax
04-30-2015, 11:00 PM
He's 5' 11(7/8)" according to Scout.com. That's taller than Tramon and he goes 196, so that's heavier too.

Scout.com has him at 5' 11", but Combine numbers say 5' 10" and 7/8.

pbmax
04-30-2015, 11:01 PM
That's a coaching staff win. They get the credit for fixing what every team in the league saw as too many flaws to draft.

OK, but the scouting department had to get the guy in the door, didn't they? UDFA is just a free market draft.

wpony
04-30-2015, 11:02 PM
LOL Oh ok duhwhat do you think we really need next I would love to get perryman no matter if we had to move up to get him we we his mean streak hardd hitting and sacks

smuggler
04-30-2015, 11:02 PM
5'11" is tall enough. He has a 38 inch vert...

pbmax
04-30-2015, 11:04 PM
Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 23m23 minutes ago
Randall said more teams liked him at corner than safety (about 12 to 8 by his recollection)

pittstang5
04-30-2015, 11:04 PM
Jimmie Ward. Spot on. When was he taken? Randall seems like a Jimmie Ward that can actually cover.

Actually heard someone mention on a radio show I was listening to today comparing Rabdall to Ward. I didn't see this coming - packers taking him

mraynrand
04-30-2015, 11:05 PM
OK, but the scouting department had to get the guy in the door, didn't they? UDFA is just a free market draft.

Geezeopete. The Packers are a team, dammit. It's everyone working together, everyone playing their assigned role to perfection to create a sum that is greater than it's parts. Except Bostick.

wpony
04-30-2015, 11:06 PM
what do you mean that there were mean more fumbles last season but we got alot of yards also because Gordan is a fantastic runnier and I think San Diego will be the right place for him sorry for typos and sentences not making to much seance to my night pills for my back and some times it looks like i can not read the kydbd.

mraynrand
04-30-2015, 11:06 PM
Randall said more teams liked him at corner than safety (about 12 to 8 by his recollection)

Sure he says that NOW.

mraynrand
04-30-2015, 11:07 PM
what do you mean what there were mean time last season we got alot of shots because Gordan fumbled but I loved gordan but I( bet that's why he was second runner was his fumbles

Relax, have a drink. He went to San Diego, right?

pittstang5
04-30-2015, 11:08 PM

Gordon went to San diego

pbmax
04-30-2015, 11:13 PM
Even at safety, he said he played a lot of man coverage because of blitz-heavy scheme

COVER 0

Jersey Al - ALLGBP ‏@JerseyAlGBP 18m18 minutes ago
If you think about it, Demarious Randall is the Jarrett Bush replacement. Aggressive, plays safety and corner, ST gunner, etc. #Packers

THERE YOU GO RED

Damarious Randall ‏@RandallTime Mar 20
My Combine Workout ... http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-combine/0ap3000000480358/2015-Combine-workout-Damarious-Randall …

mission
04-30-2015, 11:16 PM
This dude does NOT look like a safety to me. Probably can play any position in the secondary. Still raw but great feet.
Not stiff like Burnett and long like HHCD.

Joemailman
04-30-2015, 11:17 PM
Randall's vertical jump was 8th among S/DB's which might lessen concerns about height. Considered strong on 50/50 throws.

mraynrand
04-30-2015, 11:17 PM
Jersey Al - ALLGBP ‏@JerseyAlGBP 18m18 minutes ago
If you think about it, Demarious Randall is the Jarrett Bush replacement. Aggressive, plays safety and corner, ST gunner, etc. #Packers

This is hands down the stupidest comment about Randall...so far.

pbmax
04-30-2015, 11:20 PM

Yeah, I threw that in there just for red.

Joemailman
04-30-2015, 11:22 PM

Yeah but it's still early.

Carolina_Packer
04-30-2015, 11:27 PM
Gordon went to San diego

Well, perhaps with the team possibly moving to L.A., they'll also change their name to the Colts. That could get confusing.

wpony
04-30-2015, 11:31 PM
Hey Ray sorry fat fingers here that was suppose to say more not +-

mraynrand
04-30-2015, 11:31 PM
Mayock had him #1 safety. So that's two 'safeties' in a row

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000486035/article/mike-mayocks-2015-nfl-draft-position-rankings-40

George Cumby
04-30-2015, 11:33 PM
Remember that shit second round pick out of Bethune Cookman and the bum we got with that one? Fuck Ted is a moron. :roll:

How about giving the kid a chance to show what he's got? granted it's from highlight reels, but he looks fast as hell, aggressive tackler with good ball skills and great body control. It also sounds like he's got that constellation of intangibles Ted loves: smart, loves the game, leader, all that jazz.

Bretsky
04-30-2015, 11:33 PM
comparisons to Jimmy Ward and Devin McCourtey from NE......I'll take the latter

wpony
04-30-2015, 11:34 PM
Stupid old lap top that was from a earller post ansd it just reposted it :(

mraynrand
04-30-2015, 11:34 PM
Remember that shit second round pick out of Bethune Cookman and the bum we got with that one? Fuck Ted is a moron. :roll:

How about giving the kid a chance to show what he's got? granted it's from highlight reels, but he looks fast as hell, aggressive tackler with good ball skills and great body control. It also sounds like he's got that constellation of intangibles Ted loves: smart, loves the game, leader, all that jazz.

I am prejudging him. Right now I have him in the pro bowl in 2 years; all pro in 4. Gone in 5.

mraynrand
04-30-2015, 11:35 PM
Stupid old lap top that was from a earller post ansd it just reposted it :(

Probably a software problem rather than hardware. Software is eating the world.

wpony
04-30-2015, 11:38 PM
LOL thanks but I think its just brain dead LOL you think if that 1 top TE is there tomorrow when it our turn will it turn tts head

George Cumby
04-30-2015, 11:39 PM
I am prejudging him. Right now I have him in the pro bowl in 2 years; all pro in 4. Gone in 5.

Soooooooo....... A wasted pick?

wpony
04-30-2015, 11:46 PM
i just found this and thought it might be interesting

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 1h1 hour ago
The #Packers selected safety Damarious Randall from Arizona State. I’m told they view him as a cornerback.

Pugger
04-30-2015, 11:52 PM

Melvin went to San Diego.

Pugger
04-30-2015, 11:55 PM

There are highlights of his combine workout on the Packers' website now.

3irty1
04-30-2015, 11:57 PM
I get the Jimmy Ward comparisons especially as framed in the media draft coverage where both were once 3rd round picks who stood out in every predraft event. I don't think they are that similar as prospects though. Ward is more like Brandon Meriweather. A mini linebacker. Randall is more Earl Thomas. Cover skills and mega range.

HarveyWallbangers
04-30-2015, 11:58 PM
Dude perfectly hits the measurables that Ted looks for in corners.

Tramon Williams = 5'11" 194, 4.57 40, 4.20 sht, 6.95 3-cone, 37.5" vert, 13 bch
Sam Shields = 5'11" 194, 4.30 40, 4.19 sht, 6.79 3-cone, 39" vert, 15 bch
Casey Hayward = 5'11" 192, 4.47 40, 3.90 sht, 6.76 3-cone, 34" vert, 19 bch
Damarious Randall = 5'11" 196, 4.46 40, 4.07 sht, 6.83 3-cone, 38" vert, 14 bch

Note: Tramon and Sam weren't drafted and their measurables are from their Pro Days (which tend to be better than those at the Combine).

3irty1
05-01-2015, 12:08 AM
Apparently he was an All-American while playing CB in JUCO. This is the most Ted draft pick ever.

gbgary
05-01-2015, 12:15 AM
we needed a cb in the worst way and got a versatile one. ari st got him to play cb but needed him to play s. turns out he's the highest rated s in the draft. had he played cb who's to say he wouldn't have been a highly rated cb. don't think we have anything to worry about. lb or dl is next. maybe tt will move up and get one early tomorrow.

George Cumby
05-01-2015, 02:45 AM
Just watched Teds presser. Apparently, Ted thinks Randall is "a good football player", because he says so about 15 times.

Fritz
05-01-2015, 05:47 AM

This is what I've been thinking. I'm surprised it took this long for someone to mention this. One thing that stood out for me in reading and listening to reports was the kid's closing speed - his knack for the ball.

And like Collins, when TT drafted him I said "Who the f---- is that???"

Hell, none of us know if he's the next Jarrett Bush or the next reverse Leroy Butler. But I do like how very enthusiastic Ted seemed to be. More so than usual.

denverYooper
05-01-2015, 07:27 AM
Jason Wilde ‏@jasonjwilde 15m15 minutes ago
Damarious Randall measurables:
40-YD: 4.46
10-YD: 1.55
20-YD: 2.58
Bench: 14
Vertical: 38
Broad jump: 10’00”
3-Cone: 6.83

That 3 cone is nuts, isn't it?

This is another, now former, Packer:
Height: 5111
Weight: 194
40 Yrd Dash: 4.57
225 Lb. Bench Reps: 13
Vertical Jump: 37 1/2
Broad Jump: 10'7"
20 Yrd Shuttle: 4.20
3-Cone Drill: 6.95

Any guesses?

They're sorta similar, though Randall seems to be more pro ready and has better measurables overall.

denverYooper
05-01-2015, 07:33 AM
This is another, now former, Packer:
Height: 5111
Weight: 194
40 Yrd Dash: 4.57
225 Lb. Bench Reps: 13
Vertical Jump: 37 1/2
Broad Jump: 10'7"
20 Yrd Shuttle: 4.20
3-Cone Drill: 6.95

Any guesses?

They're sorta similar, though Randall seems to be more pro ready and has better measurables overall.

I see Harv beat me to it.

Fritz
05-01-2015, 07:38 AM
So who? Who was that?

pbmax
05-01-2015, 07:48 AM
Apparently he was an All-American while playing CB in JUCO. This is the most Ted draft pick ever.

Arizona State is close, but had he gone to the College of Wooster, it would have ticked all the check boxes.

pbmax
05-01-2015, 07:50 AM
So who? Who was that?

Tramontana

denverYooper
05-01-2015, 08:00 AM
Tramontana

Yep. This would look to be a replacement.

pittstang5
05-01-2015, 08:35 AM
It's all about the 3-cone

pbmax
05-01-2015, 08:47 AM
Chip Kelly's Excellent First Round Adventure

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/05/01/eagles-made-big-offer-to-bucs/

Here is his reported offer to the Bucs (one he denies making because they never talked about which players were in the deal (http://www.csnphilly.com/football-philadelphia-eagles/chip-kelly-denies-massive-trade-offer-marcus-mariota-nfl-draft)):

Per a source with knowledge of the situation, the Eagles offered the following to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers for the first pick in the draft: the 20th pick in this year’s draft; Philly’s first-round pick in 2016; quarterback Sam Bradford; and another player on the roster.

pbmax
05-01-2015, 08:50 AM
Jameis Winston posted a photo of him with his Bucs gear on after he was selected. His choice of party food, would seem to be, priceless:

https://nbcprofootballtalk.files.wordpress.com/2015/04/crab-man.png

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/04/30/jameis-winston-wins-the-internet-with-crab-leg-photo/

vince
05-01-2015, 08:54 AM
lol Ted being Ted. Didn't see that one coming. Pissing off wist, red and Bretsky didn't take long...

Not many guys go from college safety to nfl corner. His Senior Bowl practice tape on Packers.com looks really good. Great agility. Special teams production.

Passed up all the ILB's... I thought Kendricks and Anthony fit what the Packers would be looking for at that spot. I think McKinney is a rich man's Barrington with more straight line speed and size so I'm hoping he doesn't drop. It would be a surprise I'd say to see Kendricks or McKinney drop to the bottom of round 2. Perryman or Dawson could more likely be available. Either one of those guys would be great at that spot, though someone should probably start scouring the class of big safeties with a rugby background who Ted will be looking to convert to ILB.

hoosier
05-01-2015, 08:59 AM
Chip Kelly's Excellent First Round Adventure

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/05/01/eagles-made-big-offer-to-bucs/

Here is his reported offer to the Bucs: the 20th pick in this year’s draft; Philly’s first-round pick in 2016; quarterback Sam Bradford; and another player on the roster

Kelly can't be serious. Amounts to two mid-first round picks and two players to be named later in exchange for first overall. And if you remove Bradford the offer actually looks a little better. Mike Ditka may have been dumb but at least he knew what it took to move up to that spot.

oldbutnotdeadyet
05-01-2015, 08:59 AM
Jameis Winston posted a photo of him with his Bucs gear on after he was selected. His choice of party food, would seem to be, priceless:

https://nbcprofootballtalk.files.wordpress.com/2015/04/crab-man.png

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/04/30/jameis-winston-wins-the-internet-with-crab-leg-photo/

I loved his post pick interview about looking forward to meeting and playing with his new team, and looking forward to becoming a better player, etc. It woulkd be cool if one of these guys was honest and said I am looking forward to making more money than my entire home state.

hoosier
05-01-2015, 09:01 AM
Philip Rivers going nowhere. And he has one more reason not to want to uproot his family from SD: he and his wife expecting their 8th child.

Yikes, go forth and pop-u-late.

red
05-01-2015, 09:18 AM
slept on it, still not happy

at best we just drafted a developmental project in the first round

pbmax
05-01-2015, 09:22 AM
Albert BreerVerified account
‏@AlbertBreer
Per sources, the Titans communicated to the Eagles last night that they'd have to top the Robert Griffin III deal to get Marcus Mariota.

denverYooper
05-01-2015, 09:23 AM

2011/12 shows us how bad it can be when you're too thin on the back end. The best way to negate the Packers biggest edge (Passing game/Rodgers deep ball) is to give those back right away.

mraynrand
05-01-2015, 09:51 AM

Aim low, shoot low, miss low. Try optimism, just for yuks.

smuggler
05-01-2015, 09:52 AM
How did fellow developmental pick Jordy Nelson turn out?

pbmax
05-01-2015, 10:05 AM
How did fellow developmental pick Jordy Nelson turn out?

He's gritty and faster than you think. Long strider, lunch pail, coachable kind of kid.

Guiness
05-01-2015, 10:29 AM
I get the Jimmy Ward comparisons especially as framed in the media draft coverage where both were once 3rd round picks who stood out in every predraft event. I don't think they are that similar as prospects though. Ward is more like Brandon Meriweather. A mini linebacker. Randall is more Earl Thomas. Cover skills and mega range.

+1

Guiness
05-01-2015, 10:42 AM

Two ways to look at that - kind of funny, and tells you he can poke fun at himself, which is good. The other way though is that it's a big arrogant FU because he walks away while his school could still end up in trouble over the whole thing - the entitled elite athlete.

He's saying all the right things, so it looks like the first. A lot of people thought Cam Newton was a spoiled brat too.

Guiness
05-01-2015, 10:51 AM
And like Collins, when TT drafted him I said "Who the f---- is that???"

Ya, but until now he's done that for 2nd and later round picks - he stepped up his game by taking a guy in the first no one had ever heard about!

Taking a JUCO guy? Sheesh, how could that possibly work out? :whist:

At first glance, you'd think this guy would've been there for the Pack's 2nd round pick, but I remember interviews with other GMs after the draft TT took Collins in. More than one said they had Collins ranked much higher than the 4th or 5th the pundits did, and it was no big surprise he was taken there.

pbmax
05-01-2015, 11:22 AM
There is so much more to the crab legs story!

shaun king @realshaunking · 2h 2 hours ago
If people only knew how STUPID they sound killing this kid over that picture smdh

I was seated at the table right next to jameis at the mike alstott charity auction, when captain keith asked jameis to help him auction off

This huge king crab he had flown in for the event. Captain keith is from the deadliest catch show. I wasnt sure how jameis was gonna

shaun king @realshaunking · 1h 1 hour ago
Handle the request, but it didnt faze the young man at all he simply said ok sure, we r here to help the alstott foundation right.

That same captain keith in a gesture of thanks sent jameis and his family 25lbs of king crabs legs for his draft event last night.

Thats the backstory behind last nights picture for those of you who need to seriously have some self evaluation done

Smidgeon
05-01-2015, 11:49 AM
PFT is predicting that only two more ILBs go in Round 2:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/category/rumor-mill/

pbmax
05-01-2015, 12:29 PM
PFT is predicting that only two more ILBs go in Round 2:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/category/rumor-mill/

Smidge, you should start the official Round 2 and 3 thread with that.

mraynrand
05-01-2015, 12:45 PM
There is so much more to the crab legs story!

If people only knew how STUPID they sound killing this kid over that picture smdh

I was seated at the table right next to jameis at the mike alstott charity auction, when captain keith asked jameis to help him auction off

This huge king crab he had flown in for the event. Captain keith is from the deadliest catch show. I wasnt sure how jameis was gonna

Handle the request, but it didnt faze the young man at all he simply said ok sure, we r here to help the alstott foundation right.

That same captain keith in a gesture of thanks sent jameis and his family 25lbs of king crabs legs for his draft event last night.

Thats the backstory behind last nights picture for those of you who need to seriously have some self evaluation done

Remember before twitter, when you could write complete sentences and paragraphs?

mraynrand
05-01-2015, 12:47 PM
I completely missed the joke there. I though Winston was announcing he has the crabs. Then at least he was being kind to the ladies.

pbmax
05-01-2015, 12:52 PM
I completely missed the joke there. I though Winston was announcing he has the crabs. Then at least he was being kind to the ladies.

There is a market opportunity for an app (software!) to bundle a Twitter conversation into something readable. Storify does OK, but it still not satisfactory.

I don't think the audience for it is big enough that you would be set for life (mainly professionals conversing over Twitter), but its definitely there. Twitter doesn't help because they have severely limited their API.

mraynrand
05-01-2015, 02:29 PM
There is a market opportunity for an app (software!) to bundle a Twitter conversation into something readable. Storify does OK, but it still not satisfactory.

I don't think the audience for it is big enough that you would be set for life (mainly professionals conversing over Twitter), but its definitely there. Twitter doesn't help because they have severely limited their API.

what does this have to do with Crabs?

red
05-01-2015, 03:06 PM
what does this have to do with Crabs?

theres a new app out there that announces to all the other people in the bar you just walked into, just exactly what std's you have

you can also take a pic of someones face and it will scan the world std database

mraynrand
05-01-2015, 04:28 PM
theres a new app out there that announces to all the other people in the bar you just walked into, just exactly what std's you have

you can also take a pic of someones face and it will scan the world std database

Instagram negative? Instagram positive?

HarveyWallbangers
04-29-2016, 01:42 AM

Remember the consternation! This was regarding Randall last year.