Brady WhatsHisFace from Notre Dame
RGIII
Steny Hoyer
DeShone Kizer
One of them has to be a McCown
Colt McCoy
oh, Holmgren, ah, Seneca Wallace I think

Not even half

That's not half bad. Or all bad, considering the QBs.

Anti-Polar Bear
03-18-2018, 01:21 PM
"You can always manipulate the cap." ~ paraphrase of Tank

Contra that with the Cowboys:

Mike Tanier @MikeTanier
Still paying $9 million in dead Romo bucks. Also have $16.5 mil in Dez and $7 mil in what's left of Witten. Slap the franchise tag on Tank, and there's no wiggle room for upgrades

Mike Tanier @MikeTanier
The #Cowboys SHOULD be a team trying hard to upgrade so they can win during their cheap QB window (like the Rams). Bad spending habits of the past, mixed with loyalty/indecision about a few veterans, have really hamstrung them.

And this doesn't even cover the shenanigans they played with Tyson Smith to get his cap numbers down. I think Smith is on year 4 of a 25 year deal. All possible because Tyson Smith was handing out money to his family faster than it was coming in. If not for that team friendly deal, they would be in worse shape.

According to spotrac, the Cowboys currently have about $8 M of cap bucks. Take away Lawrence's franchise tag of $17 M, and they sit dandily at $25 M. Point is, once they sign Lawrence to an extension (or cut or trade him), they should have more than enough bucks to cook the cap.

Hopefully they cut Dez and he signs with the Packers.

pbmax
03-18-2018, 03:48 PM
According to spotrac, the Cowboys currently have about $8 M of cap bucks. Take away Lawrence's franchise tag of $17 M, and they sit dandily at $25 M. Point is, once they sign Lawrence to an extension (or cut or trade him), they should have more than enough bucks to cook the cap.

Funny thing about the franchise tag. Its not all under the team's control.

And by the time this is done, if they get some cap room, all the FAs will be gone and the process repeats next year.

woodbuck27
03-18-2018, 04:29 PM

I am trying to picture Dez Bryant as a Packer.

It is hazy... mmmm hazy ...it is really hazy. :-)

pbmax
03-18-2018, 04:32 PM
Adam Schefter @AdamSchefter
Another good day to be Nick Foles: the Super Bowl MVP is due a $3 million roster bonus today.

Field Yates @FieldYates
Other notable roster bonuses due today: Jaguars LB Telvin Smith ($8M), Colts QB Andrew Luck ($6M), Packers OT David Bakhtiari ($6M) and Giants QB Eli Manning ($5M).

pbmax
03-18-2018, 06:37 PM
The best League.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VFl_jSXI3dg

mraynrand
03-18-2018, 08:03 PM
^^^^ listen to that teletype roll!

Guiness
03-18-2018, 08:12 PM
I might get half:

Manziel
Anderson
Brady WhatsHisFace from Notre Dame
RGIII
Steny Hoyer
DeShone Kizer
One of them has to be a McCown
Colt McCoy
oh, Holmgren, ah, Seneca Wallace I think

Not even half

Well, there are the two currently on the roster - Kessler and Hogan.

Don't forget the reigning SB winning coach, Pederson. Or the SB winner, Dilfer. Or the 4 time pro bowl winning QB Jeff Garcia.

smh. Snakebitten doesn't start to cover it.

pbmax
03-18-2018, 08:49 PM
You know Al is thinking "I called the Miracle on Ice and now its G****** USFL highlights"?

mraynrand
03-18-2018, 11:18 PM
Well, there are the two currently on the roster - Kessler and Hogan.

Don't forget the reigning SB winning coach, Pederson. Or the SB winner, Dilfer. Or the 4 time pro bowl winning QB Jeff Garcia.

smh. Snakebitten doesn't start to cover it.

Yeah, but Thomas didn't come on until 2007 with Brady Killer (Quinn). He got guys like Weeden and Campbell. And almost every year, the third or fourth QB on the roster at the start of the season is your season-ending starter against Pittsburgh. It was really uncanny. Real NFL studs like Thaddeus Lewis and Connor Shaw.

woodbuck27
03-19-2018, 08:33 AM
http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/nfl/374584/patriots-deal-for-krwr-cordarrelle-patterson?ls=roto:OAK:topheadlines

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000921973/article/raiders-trade-wr-cordarrelle-patterson-to-patriots

Raiders trade WR Cordarrelle Patterson to Patriots

By Edward Lewis NFL.com

Published: March 18, 2018 at 06:41 p.m. Updated: March 18, 2018 at 08:58 p.m.

Comment woodbuck27

Tom Brady's a new toy on offense.

This looks like a fill move as longtime as FA special teams ace Matthew Slater visited the Steelers this weekend (per ESPN News).

Cordarrelle Patterson, well known for his electrifying kick returns and world-class speed as a wideout, is an underrated special teams player. The last time the Pats acquired an Oakland Raider WR turned out pretty well for Randy Moss and New England.

woodbuck27
03-19-2018, 11:15 AM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000922000/article/colts-gm-freeagent-price-tags-pushed-focus-to-draft

Colts GM: Free-agent price tags pushed focus to draft

By: Kevin Patra ...Around the NFL writer

Published: March 19, 2018 at 09:17 a.m. Updated: March 19, 2018 at 09:44 a.m.

Comment woodbuck27:

Here's a Colts GM that buys into 'the Ted Thompson School of Thought' and how to see Free Agency.

mraynrand
03-19-2018, 11:59 AM
Here's a Colts GM that buys into 'the Ted Thompson School of Thought' and how to see Free Agency.

Or pretty much any other team that has a franchise QB (and more) pulling in major $$$.

woodbuck27
03-20-2018, 01:05 AM
GreenBay Packer Nation

3 mins ago. ·

Any Late night owls out there?

As per James Jones on NFL Network, Morgan Burnett is expected to sign with the Steelers tomorrow.

https://www.facebook.com/GreenBayPackerNation/photos/a.10153249796545993.1073741834.94648975992/10156039384715993/?type=3&theater

Guiness
03-20-2018, 09:24 AM
Yeah, but Thomas didn't come on until 2007 with Brady Killer (Quinn). He got guys like Weeden and Campbell. And almost every year, the third or fourth QB on the roster at the start of the season is your season-ending starter against Pittsburgh. It was really uncanny. Real NFL studs like Thaddeus Lewis and Connor Shaw.

So Dilfer and Garcia were before Thomas – my Browns history is far from comprehensive. I give you then Jake Delhomme, former Pro Bowler and World Bowl champion. But also a guy Wikipedia tells me once lost his starting job to Matt Moore.

pbmax
03-20-2018, 10:26 AM
Or pretty much any other team that has a franchise QB (and more) pulling in major $$$.

You will not then be surprised that the Rams have money for everyone.

Fritz
03-20-2018, 06:20 PM
For now.

Bretsky
03-20-2018, 08:45 PM
You will not then be surprised that the Rams have money for everyone.

MY WAIT IS ALMOST OVER for another RAM RUN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I spent years of torture and suffering cheering for Vince Ferragamo, Wendel Tyler, Jack Youngblood, Pat Haden, and even Willie Joe Namath to guide them by Dallas and win a Super Bowl. In reality my intense hatred for the Dallas Cowbody is probably why the Rams were my second favorite team at an early age when GB sucked year after year.

Greatest Show on Turf had a great Super Bowl; Now the Rams traded for TWO of the TOP 5 CB's in the NFL in terms of QB rating against that QB. And they gave up next to nothing but did take on character risks.

Da RAMS on paper on f'ckin scary

mraynrand
03-20-2018, 11:01 PM
^^^ Flipper Anderson!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t8514rVvPrc

pbmax
03-21-2018, 07:48 AM
Oh I was rooting for the Rams in the Super Bowl versus the despised Steelers.

Unfortunately, it turned out like every Steeler home game where somehow all the breaks went their way and they cruised to a win.

It is nice to know that one franchise can get to the Super Bowl with a CFL QB and an Arena League QB.

Fritz
03-21-2018, 12:20 PM
Lions sign Luke Wilson, whom some here preferred to the expensive Jimmy Graham.

pbmax
03-21-2018, 12:41 PM
Rams beating the Danny White Cowboys was a lot of fun too.

pbmax
03-22-2018, 09:26 AM

Another blockbuster trade: Giants trading DE Jason Pierre-Paul and a 2018 fourth-round pick to Buccaneers for a 2018 third-round pick and a fourth-round pick, source tells ESPN.

call_me_ishmael
03-22-2018, 09:54 AM
I know the high salary is prohibitive in many cases and it's why draft picks are so valuable, but wow, you can really get a pretty legit player these days for very little in draft equity. A 4th round pick for JPP? Sure the salary is high, but if you've got the cap room, you're pretty unlikely to get a player that makes JPPs impact for a 4th rounder.

mraynrand
03-22-2018, 10:17 AM

Another blockbuster trade: Giants trading DE Jason Pierre-Paul and a 2018 fourth-round pick to Buccaneers for a 2018 third-round pick and a fourth-round pick, source tells ESPN.

I disagree. This is more like a VideoTime trade:

http://dinosaurdracula.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/02/3-3.jpg

pbmax
03-22-2018, 10:29 AM
I know the high salary is prohibitive in many cases and it's why draft picks are so valuable, but wow, you can really get a pretty legit player these days for very little in draft equity. A 4th round pick for JPP? Sure the salary is high, but if you've got the cap room, you're pretty unlikely to get a player that makes JPPs impact for a 4th rounder.

Many teams have over valued their draft picks.

woodbuck27
03-22-2018, 10:50 AM
Lions sign Luke Wilson, whom some here preferred to the expensive Jimmy Graham.

I like that Guy. I like the money he signed for or $2.5 K is highly civilized.

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/detroit-lions/luke-willson-12439/

woodbuck27
03-22-2018, 10:51 AM

The GIANTS are having a solid Off Season so far.

woodbuck27
03-22-2018, 01:57 PM
https://nflmocks.com/2018/03/21/ndamukong-suh-cancels-free-agent-visit-oakland-raiders/

Ndamukong Suh cancels free agent visit with Oakland Raiders

By Sayre Bedinger23 hours agoFollow @sayrebedinger

pbmax
03-26-2018, 09:04 AM
Another example of the Commish (and his committees) not learning lessons from the past. He is dead on that the rule is written to make sense on replay, not live time.

“Is that going to be harder for the official in real time to make that call consistently? And are we going to have more plays go to replay? Because it feels like this new rule is geared more toward replay than real time officiating on the field,” Blandino said.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/03/26/dean-blandino-new-catch-rule-could-lead-to-more-replays/

pbmax
03-26-2018, 01:47 PM
Interesting. Repped I would if I could.

JS Comments @JSComments
I don't wish Cousins any harm, but it would be interesting to see him suffer an injury

woodbuck27
03-27-2018, 10:42 AM
https://nflmocks.com/2018/03/21/ndamukong-suh-cancels-free-agent-visit-oakland-raiders/

Ndamukong Suh cancels free agent visit with Oakland Raiders

By Sayre Bedinger23 hours agoFollow @sayrebedinger

Right now with the NY Jets withdrawing from the N. Suh Sweepstakes' it looks (right now) like the LA RAMS are the likely destination for Suh's services.

Wait I just checked:

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/5593/ndamukong-suh

Rams signed DT Ndamukong Suh, formerly of the Dolphins, to a one-year, $14 million contract.

woodbuck27
04-02-2018, 11:47 AM
@MikeGarafolo ...Mar 30

" Vikings are signing WR Kendall Wright, sources tell me and @TomPelissero. Had 59 catches for the Bears last year, now heads to their NFC North rival as a target for Kirk Cousins. "

woodbuck27
04-02-2018, 11:51 AM
Ian Rapoport@RapSheet

Defensive back depth: The #Bills have signed CB Phillip Gaines. ... The #Raiders signed veteran CB Leon Hall.

1:36 PM - 29 Mar 2018

Meanwhile the Green Bay Packers do .... nothing. It sure looks like the same Ole Same Ole and FA and the Green Bay Packers.

Is TT still in charge? :idea:

woodbuck27
04-02-2018, 11:55 AM
Ian Rapoport@RapSheet ... Mar 29

" WR Kaelin Clay is signing with the #Bills today, back where he started 2017."

woodbuck27
04-02-2018, 11:59 AM
Ian Rapoport@RapSheet

" A possible Odell Beckham Jr trade was broached publicly this week, but it wasn’t the first time it became a topic for the #Giants. I’m told they got their first trade offer right after the viral pizza video came out. It was real low and they said "����

KYPack
04-03-2018, 10:53 PM
To Hell with Belichick-ism.

The FA freaks on here need our GM to take up Ram-ism.

They needed corners, they went and got Marcus Peters and Aquib Talib.

Suh to shore up their DLine.

Now to get a top flight WR, they traded their 1 for Brandin Cooks from the Patriots.

There's your all in team for this off season.

Lesee if it flies.

Their top pick is now in the third round.

mraynrand
04-03-2018, 11:07 PM
Now to get a top flight WR, they traded their 1 for Brandin Cooks from the Patriots.

that's a great trade - Brady can't throw that far anymore anyway. Draft another tight end and pick up a quick, small, slow white receiver off the scrap heap and bingo cheat is in another Super Bowl. They prob. need a pissed off/cast off running back too, but I don't know who is available.

Joemailman
04-04-2018, 06:16 AM
I wonder if the Patriots just became the favorite in the Jordan Matthews sweepstakes.

pbmax
04-04-2018, 08:20 AM
I wonder if the Patriots just became the favorite in the Jordan Matthews sweepstakes.

Did he visit there?

Patler
04-04-2018, 08:58 AM

Must be something "less than meets the eye" with Cooks.

In 2014, the Saints gave up their 1st (#27) and 3rd (#91) to move up just seven spots (to #20) to draft him.
In 2017, the Saints gave Cooks and their 4th (#118) to NE for the Patriot's 1st (#32) and 3rd (#103).
NE picked up Cooks' fifth year option after trading for him.
Now NE has reportedly given him and their 4th (#136) to the Rams for their 1st (#23)and 6th (#198).

Three teams stepped up to get him, but two of the teams have been willing to part with him after getting him.

KYPack
04-04-2018, 09:10 AM

In 2014, the Saints gave up their 1st (#27) and 3rd (#91) to move up just seven spots (to #20) to draft him.
In 2017, the Saints gave Cooks and their 4th (#118) to NE for the Patriot's 1st (#32) and 3rd (#103).
Now NE has reportedly given him and their 4th (#136) to the Rams for their 1st (#23)and 6th (#198).

Three teams stepped up to get him, but two of the teams have been willing to part with him after getting him.

Me too, on this one.

He looks like a top flight WR, but why won't anybody keep him?

My neighbor is a huge Saints fan, he moaned like hell when they traded Cooks to Boston.

Something must be up, but damned if I know what it is.

mraynrand
04-04-2018, 09:19 AM
^^ Yep Cooks has talent, and the trade values show that teams all agree. He sure does wear out his welcome quickly.

From Profootballrumors.

https://www.profootballrumors.com

A year after acquiring him from the Saints, the Patriots shipped wide receiver Brandin Cooks and a fourth-round pick to the Rams in exchange for first- and sixth-round picks. Let’s take a look at some of the reaction to and fallout from the blockbuster deal:

Before trading him to Los Angeles, the Patriots engaged in extension talks with Cooks, reports Mike Florio of Pro Football Talk. However, those discussions stalled as the two sides were simply too far apart. Cooks is scheduled to earn $8.459MM in 2018 under the terms of his fifth-year option, but he’s likely looking for at least $14MM annually on a new deal. The Rams, for their part, have reportedly already expressed interest in extending Cooks’ contract, and Adam Schefter of ESPN.com tweets that Los Angeles is “intent” on doing so. Florio, however, indicates there is as of yet no timeline for a long-term pact to get done.
The Rams and Patriots had discussed a possible Cooks trade for more than a month, well before Los Angeles ever contacted the Giants regarding fellow wideout Odell Beckham Jr., according to Schefter (Twitter link). Los Angeles preferred Cooks, and the price tag — New York is reportedly looking for at least two first-round picks in exchange for OBJ — likely played a role in that stance. Talks between the Patriots and Rams heated up on Monday when head coaches Bill Belichick and Sean McVay worked at the same coaching clinic, and those talks ultimately led to a trade on Tuesday, per Schefter (Twitter link).
Los Angeles finally acquired Cooks on Tuesday after attempting to land him from the Saints last year, as Rams general manager Les Snead tells Peter King of TheMMQB.com. The Rams did not hold a first-round pick a season ago while the Patriots did, allowing New England to make the better offer for Cooks. Los Angeles, meanwhile, discussed a deal involving then-franchise-tagged cornerback Trumaine Johnson, but the talks never gained traction. For what it’s worth, the Rams actually tried to trade Johnson twice in 2017: once for Cooks, and once in exchange for a second-round pick, tweets Ian Rapoport of NFL.com.
The Patriots never viewed Cooks as a true No. 1 wide receiver, per Rapoport (Twitter link), and quarterback Tom Brady is “not sad” about the trade. While Cooks topped 1,000 yards receiving in his lone New England campaign, he wasn’t a perfect fit for the Patriots’ offense, says Rapoport. Theoretically, New England could shift back to a more horizontal offense based around incumbent receivers Julian Edelman and Chris Hogan now that Cooks is no longer in town.
Although the Rams have now eschewed a hypothetical Beckham trade in favor of acquiring Cooks, the “frenzy” surrounding the mercurial Giants receiver doesn’t figure to subside, as Ralph Vacchiano of SNY writes. Still, a Beckham deal remains “highly unlikely,” as Los Angeles’ payment for Cooks doesn’t come anywhere close to what New York would want in exchange for Beckham.

pbmax
04-04-2018, 10:09 AM
Sounds like the Patriots would have been fine with him at a given number, but didn't want him at a top of the market number. That is pretty par of the course for them.

Saints completely revamped their offense.

I don't know if he is some kinda unsolvable problem, but he might not be dominant enough, despite his physical traits, that people want to commit FA market numbers to him or build an offense around him.

Zool
04-04-2018, 02:00 PM
that's a great trade - Brady can't throw that far anymore anyway. Draft another tight end and pick up a quick, small, slow white receiver off the scrap heap and bingo cheat is in another Super Bowl. They prob. need a pissed off/cast off running back too, but I don't know who is available.

How about Fat Eddie?

mraynrand
04-04-2018, 02:21 PM
How about Fat Eddie?

That crossed my mind. But it would be really hard for Eddie to get into football shape licking dollar bills and slapping 'em on plexiglass.

Fritz
04-04-2018, 02:49 PM
How the mighty have fallen. Now he's just "Fat Eddy," like the kid you went to elementary school with.

Guiness
04-04-2018, 04:02 PM

Lesee if it flies.

Last time I remember a team winning the off-season championship this convincingly was when Washington went out and got Haynesworth :-)

Bretsky
04-04-2018, 06:00 PM

Cooks was not a Brady Fave

Cooks wants big $$$$$$$ and he wasn't going to get it from Hoody Genius

So they got value and may draft the top WR with that pick.

QBME
04-04-2018, 07:18 PM

Lesee if it flies.

Yup....Rams are going all-in for this season. Low cost/high performing youngsters that are going to cost a boat load in the next couple of years, balanced by high(er) priced mercenaries in the short term.

You know who is really getting screwed by the Ram's moves? I'll bet my bottom dollar the Chargers are wringing hands and chanting "Oh woe is us, WTF were we thinking?" (Besides the $$$'s.)

KYPack
04-05-2018, 08:59 AM
Last time I remember a team winning the off-season championship this convincingly was when Washington went out and got Haynesworth :-)

Yup. A few years later Tampa did a similar move and flopped badly. It's really a question of integrating all those new guys into new personnel groups. That's a big job. The likelihood that all these guys blend smoothly is pretty remote.

George Cumby
04-05-2018, 10:49 AM
How about Fat Eddie?

Rand said “angry” not “hungry” or “goofy”.

George Cumby
04-05-2018, 10:50 AM

Lesee if it flies.

I always read Ky’s posts in John Facendas voice.

mraynrand
04-05-2018, 11:13 AM

If you can do that, I know where you can make some real money.

gbgary
04-05-2018, 11:44 AM
Did he visit there?

yes

KYPack
04-05-2018, 01:24 PM

So does Tank.

Because Facenda is dead.

pbmax
04-06-2018, 02:22 PM
CB available.

Los Angeles Rams @RamsNFL
#LARams Release CB Kayvon Webster

Fritz
04-07-2018, 11:03 AM
Who the hell is Kayvon Webster? My gosh, I'm getting old. I can't keep up with all these players any more. Is he as good as Herb Waters?

Teamcheez1
04-07-2018, 12:00 PM
Thomas Davis of the Panthers suspended for the first four games of the season due to PED's. Don't feel one bit sorry.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/23054320/thomas-davis-carolina-panthers-suspended-4-games-violating-ped-policy

woodbuck27
04-09-2018, 11:42 AM
Ian Rapoport

Verified account @RapSheet .......6h6 hours ago

" Big evaluation week for the #Browns: Their local pro day is today, which will likely feature all the #OSU top prospects among others. On Thursday, #Wyoming QB Josh Allen visits, and #Louisville QB Lamar Jackson is scheduled for a visit Friday. "

It looks to me like Teh Browns will Pick at QB for their NO. 1 Pick as they should.

We're doing our Packerrats Mock Draft right now; and have covered the Browns NO. 1 and 4 Picks in 'Brown Dreamworld Fashion'.

Here it is:

Picks

1 Cleveland Browns -- Sam Darnold, QB, USC
2 New York Giants -- Bradley Chubb, DE, NC State
3 New York Jets -- Baker Mayfield, QB, Oklahoma
4 Cleveland Browns -- Saquon Barkley, RB, Penn State
5 Denver Broncos -- denverYooper
6 Indianapolis Colts -- Justin Harrell
7 Tampa Bay Buccaneers -- Cheesehead Craig
8 Chicago Bears -- Harvey's Wallbangers
9 San Francisco 49ers -- yetisnowman
10 Oakland Raiders -- esoxx

pbmax
04-09-2018, 03:19 PM
Thomas Davis of the Panthers suspended for the first four games of the season due to PED's. Don't feel one bit sorry.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/23054320/thomas-davis-carolina-panthers-suspended-4-games-violating-ped-policy

Someone wrote that Thomas Davis is having a bit of an identity crisis. Someone is impersonating him, apparently:

Aaron Nagler @AaronNagler
The headhunting hit on @tae15adams was "out of character." This, after the hit on Russell Shepherd in Tampa was "out of character." I'm now told the mistake referenced below is "out of character." How many "out of character" episodes until it's just...your character?

Doesn't the fact that Davis is suspended mean this is not his first positive result?

woodbuck27
04-09-2018, 04:52 PM
https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/protester-eric-reid-finally-invited-to-make-his-first-free-agent-visit-of-nfl-offseason/

Protester Eric Reid finally invited to make his first free agent visit of NFL offseason

The former 49ers Pro Bowler has had a difficult time finding work over the past month

John Breech ... mugshot by John Breech ...@johnbreech

2h ago • 2 min read

Comment woodbuck27:

This could be the perfect fit.

pbmax
04-12-2018, 10:11 AM
Ian Rapoport @RapSheet
The #Browns and WR Jarvis Landry are going to agree to terms on a 5-year, $75.5M extension, sources say. He gets $47M guaranteed… crazy for those who considered him a slot receiver.

I am sure this will not come back to bite them.

mraynrand
04-12-2018, 10:57 AM
Ian Rapoport @RapSheet
The #Browns and WR Jarvis Landry are going to agree to terms on a 5-year, $75.5M extension, sources say. He gets $47M guaranteed… crazy for those who considered him a slot receiver.

He could be as dominant as Kenny Britt.

woodbuck27
04-12-2018, 01:19 PM
Ian Rapoport @RapSheet

Damn and I was such a fast and sure handed Wide Receiver in 'the Hallowed Allison Grounds'.

I was born 50 years too soon.

woodbuck27
04-12-2018, 01:47 PM
" Holy Cow Batman; the RAMS DL Upgrade and DC Wade Phillips has to be elated. " Robin

Signed FA and now Nose Tackle Ndamukong Suh and plans for him two-gapping, clogging lanes, and taking on multiple blockers Moving 3-Tech DT Aaron Donald to one-gap and them getting up field to attack quarterbacks. Add 5 -Tech DE Michael Brockers.

There's a lot there for KYPack to watch. :whaa:

" Yes Robin, that's what I deem a 'a Monster of the Midway' DL. " Batman

The RAMS will be a blast to watch next year. as will be the Cleveland Browns to see if their yeast will cause them to rise.

woodbuck27
04-12-2018, 02:08 PM
L.A. RAMS CAP

https://overthecap.com/calculator/los-angeles-rams/

Philadelphia Eagles CAP

https://overthecap.com/calculator/philadelphia-eagles

GREEN BAY PACKERS CAP:

https://overthecap.com/calculator/green-bay-packers/

Minnesota Vikings CAP:

https://overthecap.com/calculator/minnesota-vikings

AFC:

New England Patriots CAP:

https://overthecap.com/calculator/new-england-patriots/

Pittsburgh Steelers CAP:

https://overthecap.com/calculator/pittsburgh-steelers/

Jacksonville Jaguars CAP:

https://overthecap.com/calculator/jacksonville-jaguars/

Cleveland BROWNS CAP:

https://overthecap.com/calculator/cleveland-browns

pbmax
04-12-2018, 03:05 PM
He could be as dominant as Kenny Britt.

Someone posted that there have been 92 receivers with his numbers over the last few years. His 1st down per catch rate ranks 81st among them.

If you need 7 yards on 3rd and 10, he is your guy.

Cheesehead Craig
04-12-2018, 03:24 PM
Well, they had crap at the position and a lot of cap space, so why not. Did they overpay? Yeah, but it really doesn't matter right now.

pbmax
04-12-2018, 03:38 PM
A least he didn't hurt anyone in the tower behind the field.

George Kritikos @RotoHack
First picture of Jarvis Landry practicing with Josh Allen.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DamSPoPWAAIfl1Q.jpg:large

pbmax
04-12-2018, 03:39 PM
NBC Bay Area @nbcbayarea
#BREAKING: San Francisco 49ers linebacker Reuben Foster charged with felony domestic violence, according to Santa Clara County District Attorney's Office.

https://t.co/XvR6Ro0GxF

Stunned he wasn't drafted by the Bengals. Or Trent Baalke.

Maybe John Lynch doesn't know what he is doing.

mraynrand
04-12-2018, 03:45 PM
Well, they had crap at the position and a lot of cap space, so why not. Did they overpay? Yeah, but it really doesn't matter right now.

I think they want a team put together at the start of the season that any reasonable football observer could say "this team should be able to win 8 games." It has to be obvious if Hue is the problem.

woodbuck27
04-12-2018, 05:10 PM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000926234/article/seahawks-postpone-workout-for-colin-kaepernick

Seahawks postpone workout for Colin Kaepernick

By Austin Knoblauch ... Digital Content Editor

Published: April 12, 2018 at 04:54 p.m. Updated: April 12, 2018 at 05:56 p.m.

Comment woodbuck27:

RE: Ian Rapoport the Seattle Seahawks have postponed a scheduled workout (as set two weeks ago) until they know more about his stance on matters related to a) the national anthem b) his collusion lawsuit against the NFL c) his other stances against social injustice.

The Seahawks want a clear understanding on how the former San Fran 49ers signal-caller would proceed on those matters.

woodbuck27
04-12-2018, 07:32 PM
Here's the Skinny on Safety Eric Reid and he's looking for. not a Multi but rather a one Year Contract and he reveals where he hopes to land and just how much he wants to earn:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2769873-eric-reid-reportedly-willing-to-re-sign-with-49ers-on-1-year-contract

Eric Reid Reportedly Willing to Re-Sign with 49ers on 1-Year Contract

BY: SCOTT POLACEK ... APRIL 10, 2018

Reid would accept a one-year contract from the 49ers, at the same compensation he made in 2017," Florio added.

The LSU product made $5.676 million in 2017,

woodbuck27
04-13-2018, 03:35 PM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000926234/article/seahawks-postpone-workout-for-colin-kaepernick

Seahawks postpone workout for Colin Kaepernick

By Austin Knoblauch ... Digital Content Editor

Published: April 12, 2018 at 04:54 p.m. Updated: April 12, 2018 at 05:56 p.m.

Comment woodbuck27:

RE: Ian Rapoport the Seattle Seahawks have postponed a scheduled workout (as set two weeks ago) until they know more about his stance on matters related to a) the national anthem b) his collusion lawsuit against the NFL c) his other stances against social injustice.

The Seahawks want a clear understanding on how the former San Fran 49ers signal-caller would proceed on those matters.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000926325/article/seahawks-sign-freeagent-qb-stephen-morris

Seahawks sign free-agent QB Stephen Morris

By Kevin Patra ... Around the NFL Writer

Published: April 13, 2018 at 07:42 a.m. Updated: April 13, 2018 at 03:53 p.m.

Joemailman
04-14-2018, 04:57 PM
Mark Sanchez suspended 4 games for using performance enhancing drugs. He should ask for his money back.

mraynrand
04-14-2018, 05:26 PM
Mark Sanchez suspended 4 games for using performance enhancing drugs. He should ask for his money back.

Exactly. Who could ever know? Or, imagine him without the PEDs - the mind boggles.

pbmax
04-14-2018, 06:27 PM
Exactly. Who could ever know? Or, imagine him without the PEDs - the mind boggles.

If he is slower, maybe no butt fumble?

Mark, PEDs are just going to make it more obvious you stink. If you stay slow and soft, people will root for the underdog.

mraynrand
04-14-2018, 07:32 PM
Mark, PEDs are just going to make it more obvious you stink. If you stay slow and soft, people will root for the underdog.

PEDs, not viagra.

pbmax
04-15-2018, 09:50 AM
Evan Silva @evansilva
Last 10 winners of NFL Exec of Year award:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Dayzm9-UwAM9MBd.jpg:large

mraynrand
04-15-2018, 11:04 AM
Gotta love those popularity contests.

Fritz
04-15-2018, 11:35 AM
Drew Barrymore has a new TV show, and she's looking hot again. Maybe Reggie Mckenzie can bounce back, too.

pbmax
04-15-2018, 03:42 PM
Drew Barrymore has a new TV show, and she's looking hot again. Maybe Reggie Mckenzie can bounce back, too.

According to that list, you should date John Dorsey and try to get him back in GB.

pbmax
04-15-2018, 06:10 PM
I do not understand how there can be any confusion about playing defense.

https://rileykolstefootball.com/2018/04/15/nick-sabans-alabama-pass-coverages/

Triangle Coverages in Cover 7

Mod (Triangle Coverage)
Corner – The corner will begin in press alignment. The corner will be man-to-man on all #1 except when #1 breaks at 5 yards or less (e.g., shallow, 5 yard hitch). If #1 breaks at 5 yards or less, zone to deep quarter.
Apex – Take the first man to the flat. E.g., #1 if he runs a 5 yard hitch, #2 if runs out or bubble, #3 if the RB swings to the flat, etc. If #2 begins to go vertical, always reroute #2 before breaking to cover the first man to the flat.
Safety – Take all of #2 vertical. If #2 is not vertical, then bracket #1.
Hook – Depends on the call to the opposite side.
If Clamp, Cut, or Switch to opposite side: Take any #3 that will not be covered by the CB, Apex, or Safety. If none, defend the hook area deep to short.
If Mod or Box, or CC to opposite side: Man on #3.

Clamp (Triangle Coverage)
Corner – Soft (off) alignment. Man on #1 for everything except when:
#2 is out in first 5 yards, then take #2.
#1 breaks at 5 yards or less (e.g., shallow, 5 yard hitch), then zone to deep quarter.
Apex – Man on #2 except when #2 is out in first 5 yards. Then relate to #3. If no #3, then rob #1. You do not have #2 vertical.
Safety – Take #1 vertical if #2 is out in first 5 yards. Otherwise, take all of #2 vertical. If #2 is not vertical, then bracket #1.
Hook – Take any #3 that will not be covered by the CB, Apex, or Safety. If none, defend the hook area deep to short.

Cut (Triangle Coverage)
Corner – Off (soft) alignment. Take the first man to the flat. E.g., #1 if he runs a 5 yard hitch, #2 if runs out or bubble, #3 if the RB swings to the flat, etc.
Apex – If #3 releases to your side, then man on #2 for everything. If #3 does not release to your side, then man on #2 for everything except when #2 goes out to the flat, and then cut (rob) #1.
Safety – Take all of #1 vertical. If #1 is not vertical, then bracket #2.
Hook – Take any #3 that will not be covered by the CB, Apex, or Safety. If none, defend the hook area deep to short.

Switch (Triangle Coverage)
Corner – Press alignment. Man on #1 for everything.
Apex – Man on #2 except when #2 is out. If #2 is out, then rob #1 (think slant).
Safety – Bracket #2 except when #2 is under short, then rob #1. If #2 is out, then you have #2 alone man-to-man.

CC (Triangle Coverage)
Corner – Off (soft) alignment. Man on #1 with outside leverage
Apex – Man on #2 with outside leverage.
Safety – Bracket the first man inside. If no one is inside, then bracket #2 if he’s vertical, or #1 if he is not.
Hook – Man on #3.

Bracket (Triangle Coverage)
Corner – Man-to-man on #1.
Apex – Man-to-man on #2.
Safety – Bracket the deeper of #1 and #2.

Box Coverages in Cover 7

Stubbie (Box Coverage)
Corner – Press alignment. MEG (Man Everywhere he Goes) on #1.
Strong Apex – Man on #2 for everything except when #3 is out or #2 runs under. If #3 is out, then take #3 man to man. If #2 runs under, then zone off.
Hook – If #2 or #3 runs under, then match that crossing route. Otherwise, wall off the #3 from the inside and take him to safety if he goes vertical.
Safety – Take all of #3 vertical. If #3 is not vertical, then take/bracket #2 if he is vertical.
Weak Apex – Depends on call to backside.
If Meg, Cone, Dog, or Tuff to backside: Take any #2 weak. If no #2 weak, then take first crosser.
If Cut to backside: Man on #2 for everything except when #2 goes out to the flat, and then rob #1.

Seahawk (Box Coverage)
Corner – MEG on #1 from an off and inside alignment.
Strong Apex – Jam #2 and play the first out from #2 or #3. If neither of #2 or #3 are out, then play #2 man-to-man.
Hook – If #3 is out, then cut off #2. Otherwise, man-to-man on #3. The Hook must stay on top of #3 if #2 is vertical since he has no help from the safety.
Safety – Bracket the deeper of #2 and #3. If both #2 and #3 are vertical, then midpoint both vertical routes.
Weak Apex – Depends on call to backside.
If Meg, Cone, Dog, or Tuff to backside: Take any #2 weak. If no #2 weak, then take first crosser.
If Cut to backside: Man on #2 for everything except when #2 goes out to the flat, and then rob #1.

red
04-15-2018, 06:17 PM
what the hell is that? the checklist for launching a nuclear strike?

red
04-15-2018, 06:20 PM
college just implemented a new kickoff rule that pretty much makes the kickoff worthless, and might eventually makes its way to the NFL

basically, the returner can call for a catch anywhere inside the 25 and it will be counted as a touchback and be placed on the 25

so no more kicking the ball high and short and forcing a shitty return (unless its us thats kicking off, because the other team always seems to return those for big gains

mraynrand
04-15-2018, 07:20 PM
college just implemented a new kickoff rule that pretty much makes the kickoff worthless, and might eventually makes its way to the NFL

basically, the returner can call for a catch anywhere inside the 25 and it will be counted as a touchback and be placed on the 25

so no more kicking the ball high and short and forcing a shitty return (unless its us thats kicking off, because the other team always seems to return those for big gains

Why not just put the ball at the 25 and be done with it? And have everyone wear panties because they're turning them into pussies anyway.

red
04-15-2018, 07:50 PM
Why not just put the ball at the 25 and be done with it? And have everyone wear panties because they're turning them into pussies anyway.

i think thats probably coming within the next few seasons

Deputy Nutz
04-15-2018, 08:07 PM
Too bad for the panty rules, I would rather see a bunch of bare pussies on the field. damn Christian Values.

mraynrand
04-15-2018, 09:51 PM
Too bad for the panty rules, I would rather see a bunch of bare pussies on the field. damn Christian Values.

There's always the Lingerie League.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/0/00/Legends_Football_League_Australia_-_%28Victoria_Maidens_vs_NSW_Surge%29_%281188948243 3%29_%28cropped%29.jpg/280px-Legends_Football_League_Australia_-_%28Victoria_Maidens_vs_NSW_Surge%29_%281188948243 3%29_%28cropped%29.jpg

FYI: And don't worry about Christian 'values' - those are going bye-bye as fast as tackle football. Enjoy your Brave New World. :)

woodbuck27
04-15-2018, 10:44 PM
i think thats probably coming within the next few seasons

https://www.i9sports.com/images/fullsite/SportPagePeeWee-5-1.jpg

and ..... finally for your added pleasure, arriving in the NFL !

http://thesportdigest.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/flag-football-sportsnic.jpg

gbgary
04-19-2018, 02:04 PM
Brandon Marshall released. not the diva dez is, has better hands, cheaper, leader.

pbmax
04-19-2018, 04:43 PM
Ben Volin @BenVolin

The Rams concluded in a study that it now takes players 3 years to get the same amount of practice time as it did in 1 year under the old CBA. It’s one reason why the draft isn’t what it used to be

Smidgeon
04-19-2018, 05:15 PM
Ben Volin @BenVolin

The Rams concluded in a study that it now takes players 3 years to get the same amount of practice time as it did in 1 year under the old CBA. It’s one reason why the draft isn’t what it used to be

Why was that called a study instead of a simple calculation?

pbmax
04-19-2018, 05:21 PM
Why was that called a study instead of a simple calculation?

Because they had to infer actual hours of practice and contact from tapes rather than the CBA because I imagine most coaches ignored the rules?

Probably an exaggeration, but not much more than a 3 to 1 practice differential between CBA deals.

woodbuck27
04-19-2018, 05:25 PM
Brandon Marshall released. not the diva dez is, has better hands, cheaper, leader.

Brandon Marshall Statistics:

http://www.nfl.com/player/brandonmarshall/2495893/careerstats

The New York Giants collect $5.16 Million$ off the CAP >>> Dez Bryant ?

http://www.nfl.com/player/brandonmarshall/2495893/careerstats

Fritz
04-22-2018, 11:16 AM
Ben Volin @BenVolin

So just stay ahead of the curve - draft these guys when they're 18 instead of 21.

woodbuck27
04-22-2018, 11:31 AM
So just stay ahead of the curve - draft these guys when they're 18 instead of 21.

So Your 'a Black aspiring to make it rich as a Pro' Pre - College athlete ....NOTE: ONE OUT OF 25 and COLLEGE WILL GO PRO

43 percent of young black athletes believe that they will eventually go pro, but the real statistics paint a much different story. In 2008, 400,000 students participated in athletics, but only one of every 25 of those students went on to compete professionally.

Depending on your team size, that means one (or none) of you will actually earn a paycheck from sports upon graduation.

The Lesson:

you can be better prepared for the future by taking care of 'the business of academics' and forget
any aspirations and Pro Sports unless your the 'Elite Athlete' and highly recruited by the best Colleges / Universities..

Fritz
04-22-2018, 12:00 PM
Woody, you crack me up. I have no idea whatsoever how what you quoted me saying is at all connected to your post that follows. But such is life in the Great White North, eh?

woodbuck27
04-22-2018, 10:38 PM
Woody, you crack me up. I have no idea whatsoever how what you quoted me saying is at all connected to your post that follows. But such is life in the Great White North, eh?

"...draft these guys when they're 18 instead of 21. " Fritz

You need to think outside the box.

I took your post and began to wonder about the minds of High School athletes and thinking they'll one day make the $Big Bucks$ as a Pro Athlete and just how realistic such aspirations are.

pbmax
05-01-2018, 06:28 PM
ProFootballTalk @ProFootballTalk
Teddy Bridgewater "healthy" and throwing, Mike Maccagnan says

This quotes around healthy are not confidence inspiring. Like learning Andrew Luck is throwing in practice, but not to receivers and only ping pong balls.

denverYooper
05-01-2018, 07:38 PM

This quotes around healthy are not confidence inspiring. Like learning Andrew Luck is throwing in practice, but not to receivers and only ping pong balls.

Is that PFT putting the quotes on?

I will continue to hope that the Vikings have seriously bungled their QB situation just as PFT continues to try to will them to success.

Cousins == Cutler II

pbmax
05-01-2018, 07:39 PM
Is that PFT putting the quotes on?

I will continue to hope that the Vikings have seriously bungled their QB situation just as PFT continues to try to will them to success.

Cousins == Cutler II

I think its PFT. It just made me cringe to read it.

woodbuck27
05-01-2018, 08:02 PM

I was throwing also ... things ..... when the Packers traded way down the Board Thursday night from Pick NO. 14 to Pick NO. 27.

I'm clearly not as enamoured with that errrr, 'movement' Vs the shot they had at 'All World Prospect', Tremaine Edmunds.

woodbuck27
05-01-2018, 08:21 PM
http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/10452/damarious-randall

The Cleveland Browns exercise DB Randall's option year ... Apr 30 - 1:17 PM

" Randall is reportedly transitioning back to his college position of free safety. The option is guaranteed for injury only. "

Joemailman
05-02-2018, 04:00 PM
Looks like they're getting close to new kickoff rules:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000931041/article/kickoffs-set-to-undergo-makeover-in-order-to-make-play-safer

While the proposed changes might not appear dramatic to the naked eye, they are to the people involved with the game. Among the differences: There will be no running start or pre-kick motion by cover teams and no wedge blocks by return squads. Also, there will be a 15-yard, non-contact zone from the spot of the kick, with the return team required to have a minimum of eight players lined up 15 yards from the ball. The expectation is that this will not only take some of the bigger linemen off the field because there will be a premium on agility and speed to operate in space, but also eliminate some of the violent collisions on the back end of the play. As described, the coverage will resemble what's normally seen on a punt than a "traditional" kickoff.

Does the 15 yard zone non-contact zone make it easier to execute on-side kicks since the return team cannot block in the first 15 yards?

Having no pre-kick motion should give return teams a bit more time to set up blocks. Will we see teams more willing to return kicks out of the end zone?

mraynrand
05-02-2018, 04:03 PM
making it more punt-like. I thought maybe they'd just go for placing the ball at the 25, but they need the extra commercial break.

pbmax
05-03-2018, 12:56 PM
:whaa:

If only a job existed in the world where people could be paid to investigate this type of claim. Plus some repository of knowledge to verify claims with a relatively low cost of entry.

I am rooting for this kid like nobodies business. And if he succeeds, I look forward to the scout, coach, Albert Breer and Cowherd stepping up to defend this analysis.

https://twitter.com/geoffschwartz/status/992093402090033152

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DcSfpiXV4AE8uqQ.jpg:large

esoxx
05-03-2018, 04:59 PM
Ridiculous

pbmax
05-03-2018, 09:51 PM
Ridiculous

I mean just think about the want that Andrew Luck and Peyton Manning grew up with which drove their desire to be great, to escape the extreme poverty as the son of an ex-NFL QB.

pbmax
05-04-2018, 07:20 AM
Evan Silva @evansilva

2017 All-Conference QBs in the Mountain West:

1st team: Nick Stevens: Invited to #Packers rookie camp on tryout basis
2nd team: Brett Rypien: Projected UDFA/7th-round pick in 2019 draft
Honorable Mention: Josh Allen: 7th overall pick in NFL draft

pbmax
05-05-2018, 11:20 PM
I don't want to root against Allen, but I will be rooting for the Browns and Broncos to fall on their faces.

Bills tried to trade up with Browns, Broncos before getting Josh Allen at No. 7

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/05/05/bills-tried-to-trade-up-with-browns-broncos-before-getting-josh-allen-at-no-7/

Football Perspective @fbgchase
12 + 22 + a 2nd for the 5th pick? Elway doesn’t understand NFL draft history if he turned this down. Don’t at me Broncos fans.

woodbuck27
05-06-2018, 01:08 AM
I don't want to root against Allen, but I will be rooting for the Browns and Broncos to fall on their faces.

Bills tried to trade up with Browns, Broncos before getting Josh Allen at No. 7

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/05/05/bills-tried-to-trade-up-with-browns-broncos-before-getting-josh-allen-at-no-7/

Football Perspective @fbgchase
12 + 22 + a 2nd for the 5th pick? Elway doesn’t understand NFL draft history if he turned this down. Don’t at me Broncos fans.

WOW!

woodbuck27
05-07-2018, 11:06 PM
http://www.atlantafalcons.com/news/transactions/article-1/Falcons-quarterback-Matt-Ryan-agree-to-terms-on-new-5-year-contract-extension/c241566e-985a-4732-989b-2c3e2179517f

FALCONS, QUARTERBACK MATT RYAN AGREE TO TERMS ON NEW 5-YEAR CONTRACT EXTENSION

Posted May 3, 2018

" Matt Ryan, 32, agreed to terms on a 5-year contract extension with the Falcons on Thursday. According to a report by ESPN's Chris Mortensen, Ryan's contract will make him the first NFL quarterback to earn $30 million per year, and his contract has $100 million guaranteed."

woodbuck27
05-14-2018, 03:56 PM
https://www.nbcsports.com/video/lions-matt-patricia-discusses-innocence-dismissed-sexual-assault-case?ls=pftvod

Where do Patricia, Lions go from here?

Mike Florio discusses the legal side of the Matt Patricia dismissed sexual assault case and where the Detroit Lions go from here.

Comment woodbuck27

The Issue here is RE: a dismissaul of a Seual Assault Charge in 1996 or 22 Years ago.

I believe this falls under the category of:

' Some Things Never Really Go Away.'

pbmax
05-14-2018, 04:22 PM
Scott Kacsmar @FO_ScottKacsmar
Kirk Cousins on 2018 Vikings could mark 22nd time since merger that a playoff team added an age-30 QB (or older) who threw at least 200 passes for his new team.

7 of the previous 21 cases involved Minnesota teams.

Scott Kacsmar @FO_ScottKacsmar
1972 Fran Tarkenton (2nd stint)
1993 Jim McMahon
1994 Warren Moon
1999 Jeff George (Cunningham benched)
2005 Brad Johnson (2nd stint; Culpepper torn ACL)
2009 Brett Favre
2013 Matt Cassel (Ponder hurt)

Pending:
2018 Kirk Cousins

wthigoot
05-14-2018, 10:51 PM
RIP Chuck Knox aka "Ground Chuck"

https://www.seattletimes.com/sports/seahawks/seahawks-needed-hard-knox-to-taste-first-success/

Knox really did make the Seahawks very popular out here. Did a lot with not much especially in the later years here when ownership was wanting to move the team to California.

It was nice to root for the Seahawks in the AFC and Packers in NFC; only conflict was if both made the SB the same year (very unlikely then). Holmgren should have not agreed to go to the NFC.

pbmax
05-20-2018, 09:19 AM
This guy is a professional suck up (no, not Belichick).

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DdlX5Q6VMAA2TNy.jpg:large

mraynrand
05-20-2018, 11:36 AM
Is that Kaepernick in the red hat?

George Cumby
05-20-2018, 01:34 PM
Is that Kaepernick in the red hat?

Yes. And on the front it says “MAGA”

mraynrand
05-20-2018, 01:47 PM
Yes. And on the front it says “MAGA”

I believe you

woodbuck27
05-27-2018, 07:52 PM
https://www.sportsnet.ca/football/nfl/terrell-owens-lands-cover-madden-19-hall-fame-edition/

Terrell Owens lands cover of Madden 19 Hall Of Fame Edition

Emily Sadler @EmmySadler ... May 25, 2018, 11:51 AM

NewsBruin
05-28-2018, 08:41 PM
I mean just think about the want that Andrew Luck and Peyton Manning grew up with which drove their desire to be great, to escape the extreme poverty as the son of an ex-NFL QB.

And Peyton, with his little brother to support.

Teamcheez1
05-29-2018, 07:21 AM
Adrian Peterson still looking for work.

Peterson, 33, mentioned the Texans and four other teams as possible fits in a recent appearance on ESPN’s NFL Live.
“You know obviously I’ve mentioned Houston a couple of times,” Peterson said. “I feel like Green Bay wouldn’t be a bad look as well. Carolina. There’s some options out there. You know Miami. Down there in [Los Angeles].

We can sign both him and Dez now that they have been linked to the Packers.

mraynrand
05-29-2018, 07:57 AM
Green Bay for Peterman? In his dreams. Pretty obvious from that blurb that he wants to go somewhere where he can be part of a team with a chance for a ring. His best fit might be joining Johnny Manzier in Canada.

Anti-Polar Bear
05-29-2018, 08:39 AM
Green Bay for Peterman? In his dreams. Pretty obvious from that blurb that he wants to go somewhere where he can be part of a team with a chance for a ring. His best fit might be joining Johnny Manzier in Canada.

Monty, Jones and Williams are all fragile. The Switch Hitter ain't the pimp he once was, but he can still gain a yard when a yard is needed, and everyone and their baby mamas know run is a-coming - something the Pack struggled with in yesteryear.

McCarthy was in KC when old horse Marcus Allen played there. The Switch Hitter could be the Packers' version of Allen. Plus, the thought of the Switch Hitter sticking it to the Queens twice a year is naturally arousing.

mraynrand
05-29-2018, 09:32 AM
^ The short yardage running game suffered far more due to poor blocking that anything else. Peterman is pretty much finished. Good Marcus Allen reference though.

pbmax
05-29-2018, 10:09 AM
Monty, Jones and Williams are all fragile.

How is Peterson's neck?

Zool
05-29-2018, 10:12 AM
How is Peterson's neck?

Not as strong as his whipping arm.

Anti-Polar Bear
05-29-2018, 01:23 PM
^ The short yardage running game suffered far more due to poor blocking that anything else. Peterman is pretty much finished. Good Marcus Allen reference though.

Not true. Not so long ago, the OL was made up of Bak, Sitton, Linsley, Lang, and Bulaga. That was a good, fat lineup. Runners still couldn't gain a yard when a yard was needed, and everyone and their baby mamas knew run was a-coming.

Sign AP to move the chain and punch in the rock. Do it, German Shepherd!

woodbuck27
05-29-2018, 02:40 PM
Not true. Not so long ago, the OL was made up of Bak, Sitton, Linsley, Lang, and Bulaga. That was a good, fat lineup. Runners still couldn't gain a yard when a yard was needed, and everyone and their baby mamas knew run was a-coming.

Sign AP to move the chain and punch in the rock. Do it, German Shepherd!

https://247sports.com/nfl/green-bay-packers/Bolt/Packers-offensive-position-grades-for-2017-season-114822445

Packers offensive position grades for 2017 season

By: BRIAN JONES Feb 7, 2:01 PM

Joemailman
05-29-2018, 07:38 PM
Damarious Randall

@RandallTime
If the Cleveland Cavaliers win the 2018 NBA finals I’ll buy everyone who retweet’s this a jersey...

10:58 PM - May 28, 2018
511K people are talking about this

How much would over half a million jerseys cost?

mraynrand
05-29-2018, 09:39 PM

If they're made in Cambodia, I'm guessing at least $100,000.

pbmax
05-30-2018, 07:56 AM

I asked for Campy Russell.

mraynrand
05-30-2018, 08:04 AM
I asked for Campy Russell.

World B. Free for me

https://media.gettyimages.com/photos/world-b-free-of-the-golden-state-warriors-waits-for-action-to-start-picture-id56838268
http://2kmtcentral.com/img/players/18/generated/8180i1.png/cache-1523907314/8180i1.png

pbmax
05-30-2018, 08:05 AM
He did play for the Cavs, but it was unclear to me if the offer was for the Cavs or for the Browns.

mraynrand
05-30-2018, 08:07 AM
He did play for the Cavs, but it was unclear to me if the offer was for the Cavs or for the Browns.

I'm gonna wear the World B Free GS uni to game three.

MadScientist
05-30-2018, 04:31 PM
Somebody must have told Randall what the cost would be, because he said that offer was in jest.

pbmax
05-30-2018, 05:29 PM
Somebody must have told Randall what the cost would be, because he said that offer was in jest.

He was close to 225K retweets :)

pbmax
05-30-2018, 05:30 PM
Joe Thomas responded in kind about jerseys for retweets if GS won. He's over 100K.

texaspackerbacker
06-01-2018, 07:30 AM
Is that ex-Packer Joe Thomas or ex-Badger Joe Thomas? The latter probably can afford it, the former not so much.

pbmax
06-01-2018, 07:49 AM
Is that ex-Packer Joe Thomas or ex-Badger Joe Thomas? The latter probably can afford it, the former not so much.

Badger Joe.

mraynrand
06-01-2018, 09:08 AM
Joe Thomas responded in kind about jerseys for retweets if GS won. He's over 100K.

Sorry, Joe
https://i.ytimg.com/vi/bKgoOCa1gjk/maxresdefault.jpg

pbmax
06-01-2018, 09:22 AM
They had it. That free throw by Hill was a complete throat clutch too.

Hell, LeBron was open after JR dribbled out with the rebound. And you knew they knew it because nothing went well for them in OT.

mraynrand
06-01-2018, 11:37 AM
Cleveland radio is going nuts over the blocking call. 1) there was no reason to review - LeBron was out of the circle and 2) even if the two refs disagree at the MOST it should have been a jump ball. Not to mention there were several other blown calls down the stretch, but whatevs - gotta come back and win one.

pbmax
06-01-2018, 01:20 PM
Cleveland radio is going nuts over the blocking call. 1) there was no reason to review - LeBron was out of the circle and 2) even if the two refs disagree at the MOST it should have been a jump ball. Not to mention there were several other blown calls down the stretch, but whatevs - gotta come back and win one.

Didn't see the play (or game) live. If replay counts for anything, it looks like a block to me. Feet and torso are moving but that might not be the standard anymore.

Hill is an 81% free throw shooter. He just gagged on that second one. Completely tentative. Weird because if you would expect him to miss on nerves, it would be the first one when still down. I almost want to believe he threw it short and had a play on with JR; he barely got the rim and you could see it in his motion.

mraynrand
06-01-2018, 01:35 PM
Didn't see the play (or game) live. If replay counts for anything, it looks like a block to me. Feet and torso are moving but that might not be the standard anymore.

Controversy is mainly that the two refs disagreed in real time. The 'call on the floor' was a charge - call of closest official with best view - but they reviewed to check if James was in circle (not even close) and essentially changed the call in review to a block. If the refs disagreed (which it looked like that on the floor), they should have jumped it. They changed the call based on the review of James 'being in the circle.' It's just bad reffing, looks suspicious, even if the call itself can be justified as blocking (it was a close call).

Hill is an 81% free throw shooter. He just gagged on that second one. Completely tentative. Weird because if you would expect him to miss on nerves, it would be the first one when still down. I almost want to believe he threw it short and had a play on with JR; he barely got the rim and you could see it in his motion.

No way to believe a play was set up. Hill gacked, and JR pulled a Webber.

pbmax
06-01-2018, 02:09 PM
NBA sounded exactly like NFL Blandinos today when they Tweeted that officials can look at the underlying call when reviewing the circle. Needs to be under 2 minutes, blah blah blah.

Replay should be banned.

pbmax
06-01-2018, 02:15 PM
Recommended: https://twitter.com/flashg88dwin/status/1002577062853398528

mraynrand
06-01-2018, 02:21 PM

holy hell - in the same thread:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DeoNK5lUcAA1eDW.jpg

mraynrand
06-01-2018, 02:29 PM
In case anyone cares:

I was trying to put James in perspective of 'best NBA players ever'

I always thought Jordan was the best I ever saw. I never really saw Wilt play or Elgin Baylor. Saw Kareem a few times in his later years. Kareem changed the game - literally, for a while. But still, there was Jordan, with his incredible ability to make plays, always make clutch shots (even if he needs to push off to get open - :)). But Then James. I don't know how much you guys watch, but as little as invested as I am in the Cavs (I really don't care if they win or not), I can't believe how unreal James is. That guy takes so many fouls that never get called. He's so strong he just shrugs contact off all the time. If he got the calls Jordan got, he'd probably average 4 points/game more over his career. Yet, he still lacks titles like Jordan. Mostly because he only rarely had the surrounding cast of Jordan. Still, Jordan. That guy was amazing. So I think of it this way: If Jordan is Spider Man, James is Venom - who is Spiderman, but with a bigger stronger enhanced physique - overall better, but lacking some little ephemeral thing that only Spiderman retains to make him able to win where Venom, who should win, does not.

pbmax
06-01-2018, 03:20 PM
In case anyone cares:

I was trying to put James in perspective of 'best NBA players ever'

I always thought Jordan was the best I ever saw. I never really saw Wilt play or Elgin Baylor. Saw Kareem a few times in his later years. Kareem changed the game - literally, for a while. But still, there was Jordan, with his incredible ability to make plays, always make clutch shots (even if he needs to push off to get open - :)). But Then James. I don't know how much you guys watch, but as little as invested as I am in the Cavs (I really don't care if they win or not), I can't believe how unreal James is. That guy takes so many fouls that never get called. He's so strong he just shrugs contact off all the time. If he got the calls Jordan got, he'd probably average 4 points/game more over his career. Yet, he still lacks titles like Jordan. Mostly because he only rarely had the surrounding cast of Jordan. Still, Jordan. That guy was amazing. So I think of it this way: If Jordan is Spider Man, James is Venom - who is Spiderman, but with a bigger stronger enhanced physique - overall better, but lacking some little ephemeral thing that only Spiderman retains to make him able to win where Venom, who should win, does not.

The ephemeral thing he lacks is a great GM.

Not in love with basketball enough to watch too much regular season (Giannis is fun though) but I am always there for the playoffs. Same with NHL.

Zool
06-01-2018, 03:21 PM
The thing he lacks is the killer instinct. He didn't take a shot in OT last night until about the 2:30 mark. You think Jordan or Kobe would have let their team shoot at all over the first half of OT?

As to the fouls, he also gets phantom calls when driving and never ever gets called for pushing his defender 6 feet away. In every sport, blaming the refs for a loss is a loser mentality.

pbmax
06-01-2018, 06:40 PM
The thing he lacks is the killer instinct. He didn't take a shot in OT last night until about the 2:30 mark. You think Jordan or Kobe would have let their team shoot at all over the first half of OT?

As to the fouls, he also gets phantom calls when driving and never ever gets called for pushing his defender 6 feet away. In every sport, blaming the refs for a loss is a loser mentality.

He won two playoff games this year with last second shots. Its not killer instinct.

woodbuck27
06-01-2018, 07:56 PM

As I looked at this LINK this popped into my head:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMHZh5XlOVA

woodbuck27
06-01-2018, 08:35 PM
http://jetlaggin.com/the-worst-nfl-draft-picks-in-football-history/?utm_source=OUTBRAIN&utm_campaign=81529&utm_term=Bleacher+Report+-+NFL

THE WORST NFL DRAFT PICKS IN FOOTBALL HISTORY

woodbuck27
06-01-2018, 09:19 PM
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2778321-jamal-lewis-making-most-of-post-nfl-life-and-preparing-for-darker-days-ahead?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=newsletter&utm_campaign=nfl

Jamal Lewis Making Most of Post-NFL Life—but Preparing for Darker Days to Come

By: TYLER DUNNE ... MAY 29, 2018

ATLANTA — " The emptiness is inevitable, inescapable and, sometimes, fatal. Once pro football is through with you, count on it spitting you back out into society a concussed and confused man, searching for purpose.

Jamal Lewis remembers the feeling well. "

Please click on the LINK for the rest of this story.

woodbuck27
06-01-2018, 09:45 PM
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2778322-dez-bryant-deletes-instagram-comment-listing-49ers-as-team-he-wants-to-play-for?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=newsletter&utm_campaign=nfl

Dez Bryant Deletes Instagram Comment Listing 49ers as Team He Wants to Play For

BY: SCOTT POLACEK ... MAY 28, 2018

texaspackerbacker
06-01-2018, 10:17 PM

How did this thread get bounced into basketball? I can't say anything one way or the other about bad calls in this game, as I really stopped giving a shit about the NBA when the Bucks went out.

I will say, though, Zool, you are dead wrong about blaming the refs or complaining about calls being a "loser mentality". There certainly are bad calls, and the damned NBA is probably the worst major sport pro or college for a pattern of bad calls - obvious bias against some teams and players and for others. For a long long time, the Bucks were victimized more than probably any other team. The past season or two, things haven't been quite so bad, but it's still there certain times against certain teams the league wants to succeed.

pbmax
06-02-2018, 07:51 AM
The thing he is missing is Scottie Pippen.

Zool
06-02-2018, 07:46 PM
Just do a quick google of LeBron James quits playoffs. You’ll have all the video evidence you need.

pbmax
06-03-2018, 08:56 AM
Just do a quick google of LeBron James quits playoffs. You’ll have all the video evidence you need.

Eddie House, Dan Gilbert and Skip Bayless. The Jeopardy $200 answer to the question, "Who are three people whose opinions I don't care about?"

He's won 3 championships, one with a team that shouldn't have made it out of the conference semi-finals. The second best player (Love) missed that championship. He dragged a TERRIBLE Cavs team to the final with the Spurs.

Gilbert has the same problem the Bucks do; the idiot owners cannot get out of their own way (Jason Kidd? refuse to hire the GM you have been grooming for 2 years?) and hire competent people.

We should move this to the Bucks thread. I have never been there, do we have a Bucks thread?

pbmax
06-03-2018, 09:11 AM
https://twitter.com/NFLFootballOps/status/1002980668089831425

We have video of the NFL's new helmet rule with video and Davante Adams and Danny Trevathan are on there in the ejection section, which seems FAR more clear.

The section on just the penalty comes up with a Colts player where it looks like he is trying to cut down a falling ball carrier (bad form, too late, but he seems to be looking for an easy way out) which points out some of the mundane plays that will draw flags.

Joemailman
06-03-2018, 09:12 AM
The NBA sucks. This thread blows. We have a Bucks forum here.

pbmax
06-03-2018, 09:22 AM
The NBA sucks. This thread blows. We have a Bucks forum here.

You are being dumb. NBA playoffs are great. The only thing they lack is that they are not the NHL playoffs.

pbmax
06-03-2018, 09:25 AM
Patriots and Belichick coaching tips:

http://www.espn.com/blog/new-england-patriots/post/_/id/4813709/shea-mcclellin-two-years-with-patriots-the-best-of-my-career

1. Reduce volume of information for players.
2. Present game plan (again, it seems) 30 minutes before game to players. To concentrate on big picture.
3. Work smarter, not just harder (OK, that one you could have picked up in a seminar at the airport Sheraton)
4. Has Shea Mcclellan retired? Because he seems to be campaigning for a job as Patriot player personnel development.

Joemailman
06-03-2018, 09:40 AM
McClellin is not officially retired, but is prepared for possibly never playing again because of concussions. http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/23637806/shea-mcclellin-prepared-move-playing-career-cumulative-effect-concussions

1. Reduce volume of information for players.

Pettine has talked about players reaching a "saturation point". You throw information at players, but when you get to a point where you sense they can't absorb any more, you have to take a step back.

https://packerswire.usatoday.com/2018/01/11/creativity-multiplicity-and-attitude-should-propel-mike-pettines-packers-defense/

According to Bedard, Pettine believes in what he calls the “sponge theory,” a philosophy based on feeding the players more and more content until you get “feedback,” meaning the players have been saturated with as many calls and adjustments possible before it affects communication, aggressiveness and – most importantly – execution.

In Silverstein’s report, Pettine allegedly has simplified his system based on his time with the Seahawks, a team who’s notorious for its simple Cover 3 system.

“One of the rules we had was you never wanted to be limited by your least intelligent player,” Pettine said, via Bedard’s story. “You have to do it that way because if you have a guy that can be elite but he can’t be cluttered.”

texaspackerbacker
06-03-2018, 09:46 AM
I just hope Pettine doesn't simplify things too much. The scheming of Capers - which may or may not have been too complicated - probably was the only thing keeping our D from being even worse in the past, given the overall mediocrity of talent. I hope talent is good enough now to justify the simplifying, but even optimist that I am, I wouldn't bet on it.

Maxie the Taxi
06-03-2018, 10:09 AM
I just hope Pettine doesn't simplify things too much. The scheming of Capers - which may or may not have been too complicated - probably was the only thing keeping our D from being even worse in the past, given the overall mediocrity of talent. I hope talent is good enough now to justify the simplifying, but even optimist that I am, I wouldn't bet on it.Time will tell. Some of us have been calling for a KISS system for quite a while. Pettine's KILL system sounds like the answer. I think you've always overestimated Capers and his "scheming." First of all, if a player fails in Capers' scheme, is it lack of talent or lack of knowledge of the scheme? If a "scheme" fails, is it because the players didn't execute properly or because the scheme was old and tired? When you read stories about opposing QB's knowing which Packers were going to blitz, you have to suspect that maybe Capers' and his schemes were old and tired. Like I said, time will tell. I'm expecting the Packers D to be top 10 this year.

texaspackerbacker
06-03-2018, 10:31 AM
Yeah, and I bet those people correlated very well with the Capers haters and the defenders of Ted Thompson. I remember the bad ol' days of plain vanilla D, which handicapped the Packers even when they had good D talent and really messed things up when we did not. I'm not saying Pettine will go back to that, but my take on it is he will (hopefully) have just as good scheming as Capers combined with better teaching so as to eliminate the confusion. If Capers' blitz schemes were all that predictable, you'd think opponents woulda just shut up about it instead of telling the world.

Maxie the Taxi
06-03-2018, 11:35 AM
Yeah, and I bet those people correlated very well with the Capers haters and the defenders of Ted Thompson. I remember the bad ol' days of plain vanilla D, which handicapped the Packers even when they had good D talent and really messed things up when we did not. I'm not saying Pettine will go back to that, but my take on it is he will (hopefully) have just as good scheming as Capers combined with better teaching so as to eliminate the confusion. If Capers' blitz schemes were all that predictable, you'd think opponents woulda just shut up about it instead of telling the world.The world already knew.

pbmax
06-03-2018, 11:49 AM
I think both the complexity and the varying level of talent are major contributors to the problems of the last few years.

There is no reason to have communication breakdowns as often as they have them. Everyone and their beat writer brother is talking themselves into circles about whether it was young players last year that caused the confusion (both Randall and seemingly Martinez all but said Jones was unreliable) or the defensive structure.

But the confusion was evident going back to the much earlier days of Tramontana and Charles. So young players (a problem if you work under Ted) only explain part of the problem.

That is inexcusable.

More in question, to me, is Tramontana's claim last week that Capers system was outdated. I believe it if Tramon meant that adapting the baseline Capers' defense to modern offenses meant almost unending adjustments. Much less sure of he means the defense can't work. Its not rocket science to determine how you are getting beat. But rebuilding your defense to eliminate the obvious complexity and shortcomings has defeated great men before.

The base 3-4 that worked so well in 09 and 10 had a monster front (Pickett, Raji, Jenkins, Kampman, Jolly, Green, and I am sure I am omitting a couple). Without Jolly and Green, the duo of Pickett and Raji got less and less effective especially, it seemed, when they switched to the over front with Raji as a 3 tech (sometimes a 5). This was also the time at which they switched to a nickel and the majority time base defense.

gbgary
06-03-2018, 03:54 PM
mychal kendricks signs with cle.

mraynrand
06-03-2018, 03:55 PM
I think you have to keep it short because some people’s attention spans are

Maxie the Taxi
06-03-2018, 04:09 PM
The base 3-4 that worked so well in 09 and 10 had a monster front (Pickett, Raji, Jenkins, Kampman, Jolly, Green, and I am sure I am omitting a couple). Without Jolly and Green, the duo of Pickett and Raji got less and less effective especially, it seemed, when they switched to the over front with Raji as a 3 tech (sometimes a 5). This was also the time at which they switched to a nickel and the majority time base defense.If Adams comes around, Clark steps up, Wilkerson has some of his old self left and one of the rookies (Sheehy?) turns into something, this group could rival that Pickett, Raji group.

Joemailman
06-03-2018, 07:25 PM
If Adams comes around, Clark steps up, Wilkerson has some of his old self left and one of the rookies (Sheehy?) turns into something, this group could rival that Pickett, Raji group.

Don't forget that touchdown machine, Ol' Alligator Arms Dean Lowry.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9B1bUQw-tk0

pbmax
06-04-2018, 08:56 AM
If Adams comes around, Clark steps up, Wilkerson has some of his old self left and one of the rookies (Sheehy?) turns into something, this group could rival that Pickett, Raji group.

The weird part is that they were run dominant for 2 years and pass rush was OK. The 2-4-5 nickel emphasized pass rush from people other than DL and it worked for a while, but the run D fell part. Then they ran out of edge rushers. I don't think there was a Top 10 D that could have been constructed out of the personnel from the '12-'13 years. Still unsure why the '11 defense fell apart completely.

Still doesn't excuse communication issues though.

run pMc
06-04-2018, 09:00 AM
Don't forget that touchdown machine, Ol' Alligator Arms Dean Lowry.

LOL watching that play. Winston reminds me of Hundley there for some reason. As for Lowry, he got beat pretty good on the play and was lucky. A delayed blitz by Ryan and a nasty spin by Clark set that up on a plate for him.

Clark could really have a good year -- he's a young and ascending player IMO. Seems like Pettine is going to lean on the DL to provide pressure more, so maybe the OLB depth is less of an issue.
Really curious about Adams. They liked him enough to spend a R3 pick on him and seems like he's a good athlete for his size...but he was hurt/invisible last year so maybe that's a redshirt for him. They'll need him to show up this year.

run pMc
06-04-2018, 09:09 AM
I agree on the communication issues -- they shouldn't happen. I think some of those guys are better at making checks and calls on the fly -- it seemed Burnett was better than HaHa, for example.
Charlie Peprah could get things done back there -- he was smart and had some experience. M.D. Jennings or Jerron McMillian were not the answer back in the day.

I got the impression the safeties are making the calls in the secondary, not the CBs. I recall seeing some issues with people getting lined up or covering the right person.
I'm not overly surprised Jones had issues last year as a rookie trying to learn S and LB while drawing flags as a gunner. Thank goodness they finally pulled him from ST, but he'll have a lot to prove this year.

woodbuck27
06-04-2018, 09:52 AM
Time will tell. Some of us have been calling for a KISS system for quite a while. Pettine's KILL system sounds like the answer. I think you've always overestimated Capers and his "scheming." First of all, if a player fails in Capers' scheme, is it lack of talent or lack of knowledge of the scheme? If a "scheme" fails, is it because the players didn't execute properly or because the scheme was old and tired? When you read stories about opposing QB's knowing which Packers were going to blitz, you have to suspect that maybe Capers' and his schemes were old and tired. Like I said, time will tell. I'm expecting the Packers D to be top 10 this year.

Yes we need to see OPPONENTS PLAY Green Bay with 'their eyes wide open'; bring back the mauler hard tackling 'D' we used to see and not the head spinning what should I do pathetic 'D' we've seen for the past six Seasons.

We're now aware that once a star defender leaves Green Bay he excels in a better Defensive System Defensive backs the went into the AFC and Buffalo and Safety Micah Hyde and The LA Chargers and CB Casey Hayward.

Should the blame be with the GM Ted Thompson or the DC Dom Capers and his Defensive Backfield Coaches or the man that retained DC Dom Capers far too long and (still retained some of the defensive coaches going into the 2018 Season; or Head Coach Mike McCarthy.

Mike McCarthy needs his comfort Zone. We're still seeing that status quo exists today with his hires and the Packers Coaching Staff. We know he blamed TT for not giving him the talent he needed to make a bigger impact and be a certain Super Bowl contender by comments he's made after the completion of the 2017 Season. We saw Packers HC Mike McCarthy Fire arguably the best Position Coaches we had in DL Coach Mike Trgovac ( I think he went to the Oakland Raiders) and **come on...Scott McCurley – Assistant Linebackers Coach who Coached an NFL leading tackler LBer Blake Martinez and was with the Packers in his Coaching Career for a dozen Seasons .

** Subsequently the Packers brought back Scott McCurley

https://247sports.com/Bolt/Green-Bay-Packers-reportedly-bring-back-assistant-coach-Scott-McCurley-113937717

Report: Packers bring back assistant coach Scott McCurley

By: BRIAN JONES Jan 19, 1:52 PM

It's stuff like this that makes me happy that MM is reporting directly to the Packers President and CEO Mark Murphy. I would keep MM on a very short leash. He's certainly erratic. Without Aaron Rodgers he's be tending Bar somewhere in Greater Pittsburgh and wringing about 300 lbs and charming customers with all his Coaching exploits in the NFL.

Ghessh but MM is and will remain as Packer Head Coach absolutely THE WEAKEST LINK.

Count on it !

Joemailman
06-07-2018, 05:22 PM
Julian Edelman getting 4 game suspension for PED's. http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/23725064/new-england-patriots-wr-julian-edelman-facing-four-game-suspension

The Shadow
06-08-2018, 11:55 AM
The Packers defense will have a Pettine patina to it.

pbmax
06-08-2018, 02:40 PM
Julian Edelman getting 4 game suspension for PED's. http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/23725064/new-england-patriots-wr-julian-edelman-facing-four-game-suspension

Tom Brady is a drug dealer!

TB12!

denverYooper
06-08-2018, 04:52 PM
Tom Brady is a drug dealer!

TB12!

I had a conversation with a co-worker recently about this and how legendary it would be if the TB12 system were tied to PEDs.

pbmax
06-09-2018, 08:04 AM
I had a conversation with a co-worker recently about this and how legendary it would be if the TB12 system were tied to PEDs.

You can't play past 40 and not have a plan, of course.

That health guru of his (Alex Guerrero) that is involved with TB12 has to be near the top of shakiest people to hang on to a player since Paul Hornung was playing and hanging out in casinos.

The cynic in me has been turned into a hopeful 8 year old hoping he gets indicted for something so I can see pictures of the Grit Room in a court filing: https://www.mensjournal.com/health-fitness/the-secrets-of-tom-bradys-personal-trainer-w479755/

Its not a healthy way to live.

gbgary
06-10-2018, 09:50 AM
You can't play past 40 and not have a plan, of course.

That health guru of his (Alex Guerrero) that is involved with TB12 has to be near the top of shakiest people to hang on to a player since Paul Hornung was playing and hanging out in casinos.

The cynic in me has been turned into a hopeful 8 year old hoping he gets indicted for something so I can see pictures of the Grit Room in a court filing: https://www.mensjournal.com/health-fitness/the-secrets-of-tom-bradys-personal-trainer-w479755/

Its not a healthy way to live.

interesting article. "the inflammation-causing axis of evil: peppers, mushrooms, and tomatoes." geesh...i put salsa on everything. :whist:

pbmax
06-10-2018, 01:18 PM
interesting article. "the inflammation-causing axis of evil: peppers, mushrooms, and tomatoes." geesh...i put salsa on everything. :whist:

I will say this: I know people with auto-immune diseases that do much better avoiding wheat, tomatoes and dairy in some cases.

My suspicion is that underlying these cases is a disease itself (celiac, lupus, OA, RA) or specific traits (carrying one of the genes for a disease that is not fully expressed). So the advice is probably not applicable to all (or even most) but can help specific groups. Buts its a common phenomenon that people reading and advocating this stuff ignore the population its speaking about.

wthigoot
06-10-2018, 02:34 PM

If Clark steps up and Adams comes around, the D-Line group could be really good.
If Adams steps up and Clark comes around, the WR group could be really good.

George Cumby
06-10-2018, 02:50 PM
If Clark steps up and Adams comes around, the D-Line group could be really good.
If Adams steps up and Clark comes around, the WR group could be really good.

Huh.

New kid.

That’s good. This place needs new blood. Someone with a different perspective that we can mock, denigrate and ignore.

Don’t be afraid.

Except of Harlan. And Skinbasket.

Please stay. You are special and we want to get to know you.

pbmax
06-10-2018, 08:52 PM
Please stay. You are special and we want to get to know you.

Now you are making it weird.

George Cumby
06-10-2018, 09:15 PM
Naw. Woody took care of that long ago.

I’m making it uncomfortable.

Fritz
06-12-2018, 03:19 PM
I have some candy in the back of my rusty white van.

pbmax
06-12-2018, 03:31 PM
I have some candy in the back of my rusty white van.

This is news?

Upnorth
06-12-2018, 07:45 PM
This reminds me of my awesome seduction technique from grade 8. Failed every time.

Fritz
06-13-2018, 10:43 AM
This is news?

Well, Drew Barrymore is aware.

In other NFL news, the Leos' new coach, Patricia, is having his team run wind sprints when they fugg up, like a bunch of high school freshmen. Hmmm.

pbmax
06-16-2018, 02:35 PM
This strikes me as worrisome: Todd Haley: Browns May Have Best QB Room I’ve Worked With (https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/06/16/todd-haley-browns-may-have-best-qb-room-ive-worked-with/)

I think it means that M3 and Todd Haley are attending the same coach speak clinics in the offseason.

mraynrand
06-16-2018, 03:59 PM
This strikes me as worrisome: Todd Haley: Browns May Have Best QB Room I’ve Worked With (https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/06/16/todd-haley-browns-may-have-best-qb-room-ive-worked-with/)

It's a nice room. Newly renovated with excellent couches, workspaces, and linked interactive displays. Also a top tier beverage center.

The Shadow
06-16-2018, 07:22 PM
Room great. Quarterbacks not so much.

woodbuck27
06-17-2018, 09:32 AM
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2780796-antonio-brown-explains-social-media-posts-talks-pressure-am-i-really-free?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=newsletter&utm_campaign=nfl

Antonio Brown Explains Social Media Posts, Talks Pressure: 'Am I Really Free?'

TIMOTHY RAPP ...JUNE 12, 2018

"... He also suggested that NFL players who don't speak up for themselves during their career are more likely to face mental-health issues later in life.

"As a player, you have to start expressing things to get it out of your head," he said. "I think the more you bottle stuff up and don't express yourself, that’s where these players have problems. But we don't talk about the players who don't play anymore, the guys who can't remember anything because their whole careers they were taught to hold stuff in. We can't really express ourselves at this level."

Brown's concerns off the field have not translated to a lack of production on it. The six-time Pro Bowler caught 101 passes for 1,533 yards and nine scores in 2017, his fifth straight season with at least 100 receptions, 1,250 receiving yards and eight or more touchdowns.

Pro Football Focus ranked him as the No. 7 player in all of the NFL last season and the top wide receiver...."

woodbuck27
06-17-2018, 10:24 PM
Naw. Woody took care of that long ago.

I’m making it uncomfortable.

Canucks are weird and how come? Just ask The POTUS !

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/YZAWEqU0rlQ/maxresdefault.jpg

gbgary
06-18-2018, 12:33 PM
Failed every time.

good answer.

Teamcheez1
06-21-2018, 10:48 AM
Terrell Owens wants to join the Packers.

We might as well bring Jerry Rice in for a tryout and bring Driver back.

The Shadow
06-21-2018, 12:08 PM
Terrell Owens wants to join the Packers.

We might as well bring Jerry Rice in for a tryout and bring Driver back.

Too bad Don Hutson is no longer available.

Fritz
06-21-2018, 02:10 PM
Boyd Dowler and Carroll Dale are available. Then we can finally find out whether Starr or Rodgers is the greatest Packer QB ever.

ThunderDan
06-21-2018, 03:50 PM
Tom Brady was working out in his back yard today. I have an inside source.

Joemailman
06-21-2018, 05:25 PM
Jameis Winston expected to be suspended 3 games.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/23866542/tampa-bay-buccaneers-quarterback-jameis-winston-suspended-first-three-games

The NFL is planning to suspend Tampa Bay Buccaneers quarterback Jameis Winston the first three games of the season for violating the league's personal conduct policy, per league sources.

The planned suspension stems from an alleged incident with an Uber driver in Scottsdale, Arizona, in March 2016.

The league still has not notified Winston of its official decision, and the circumstances surrounding it still could lead to an increase or decrease of the three games, per sources.

Ryan Fitzpatrick is their backup QB.

woodbuck27
06-21-2018, 11:51 PM

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/23866542/tampa-bay-buccaneers-quarterback-jameis-winston-suspended-first-three-games

Ryan Fitzpatrick is their backup QB.

A good 'Pro Pickem' Heads Up.

KYPack
06-22-2018, 09:23 AM
A good 'Pro Pickem' Heads Up.

Slow down Woody, picks don't need to be in until September.

Guiness
06-22-2018, 11:14 AM

Stupid is as stupid does.

Guilty or not, what was he even doing in that situation

MadScientist
06-22-2018, 02:40 PM
Stupid is as stupid does.

Guilty or not, what was he even doing in that situation

If not guilty, he was just riding an Uber. However settling for ($950K) is believable for a grope, but way too much for shutting up a false claim.

Guiness
06-25-2018, 10:58 AM
If not guilty, he was just riding an Uber. However settling for ($950K) is believable for a grope, but way too much for shutting up a false claim.

from PFT

The Uber incident took place in March of 2016, after Banks had been accused of raping a woman in a Vanderbilt dorm room but before he had gone on trial. Banks would later be convicted and sentenced to 15 years in prison. Winston himself was accused of raping a woman when he played at Florida State, and Winston’s decision to associate with another man who was awaiting trial on a rape charge will fuel questions about Winston’s judgment.

Stupid is...

Joemailman
06-28-2018, 04:34 PM
It's official. Winston suspended 3 games. There will be no appeal as the suspension is the result of a negotiated settlement. http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000938898/article/buccaneers-jameis-winston-suspended-three-games

The Shadow
06-28-2018, 05:21 PM
With all that money on the line, how do these guys still manage to screw up? It defies all reason.

Smidgeon
06-29-2018, 12:02 AM
With all that money on the line, how do these guys still manage to screw up? It defies all reason.

Because they're still kids.

Joemailman
06-29-2018, 07:49 AM
Because they're still kids.

Is a 22 year old who molests a woman a kid, or an asshole who refises to change?

Smidgeon
06-29-2018, 08:26 AM
Is a 22 year old who molests a woman a kid, or an asshole who refises to change?

I don't absolve them of any of that.

I was answering the part implying they understand how much they can lose ("with all that money on the line"). Kids (usually) don't know how fortunate they are to be in situations where they have a lot of money to lose. That takes maturity which few at that age have, especially when they're winning college football games and are quasi local celebrities that young.

The Shadow
06-29-2018, 10:41 AM
It's a shame.

Joemailman
06-29-2018, 10:48 AM
Interestingly, according to Spotrac, Winston will only lose $124,000. That's because although his cap hit is 8 million, his base salary is only 705,000. 4.2 million is the prorated portion of his signing bonus, and he has a 3.2 million roster bonus. No wonder he's not appealing.

George Cumby
06-29-2018, 03:19 PM

Reason has little to do with human decision making.

The Shadow
06-29-2018, 05:06 PM
Reason has little to do with human decision making.

It would be a better world if it did.

smuggler
06-29-2018, 10:27 PM
A sad truth, Shadow

Joemailman
07-01-2018, 10:10 PM
Kam Chancellor apparently to retire due to neck injury he suffered last year.

The 30-year-old suffered a career-threatening neck injury last season and said in May that he would continue playing if his health permitted.

"If my body says don't play, I'm not playing. I'll listen," Chancellor told 13News Now in May. "I'm a very good listener."

On Sunday, Chancellor said the "final test" of his injury "showed no healing."

"I've played through all types of bruises and injuries at a high level. But this one, I just can't ignore," he tweeted.

MadScientist
07-02-2018, 08:22 AM
Sucks for him, but at least he can still walk.

Teamcheez1
07-02-2018, 07:35 PM
Does anyone think the Packers have any real interest in any of the supplemental draft players available, or are they jut going through the motions?

Joemailman
07-02-2018, 07:56 PM
Does anyone think the Packers have any real interest in any of the supplemental draft players available, or are they jut going through the motions?

Tony Pauline
@TonyPauline
Workout numbers for Bright Ugwoegbu/LB/Oregon St: 6007/205lbs, 4.97s/40, 4.7s/short shuttle, 7.38s/3 cone, 33 vert, 9-6 broad...

Those are terrible speed numbers for a LB. I doubt they're considering him.

Official pro day numbers for @WMU_Football CB Sam Beal:

Height: 6-0 7/8
Weight: 178 (187 in spring)
40: 4.47/4.55
Vertical: 37
Broad: 10-6
Short shuttle: 4.09
3-cone: 7.11
Bench: DNP

Had very good workout. Expected to be highest sup draft pick since Josh Gordon in 2012.

1:30 PM - Jun 28, 2018

Beal is an interesting guy. But do the Packers want to give up a pick for another rookie CB?

red
07-04-2018, 10:31 AM
Beal is an interesting guy. But do the Packers want to give up a pick for another rookie CB?

i read an article where the packers are interested in beal, but so is every other team in the NFL. all 32 teams were at his workout

same article said it might take a 2nd or 3rd round pick to get him

i have no problem adding yet another CB prospect. i'd rather have too many that can play then too few again

especially for a 200 pound LB

Fritz
07-04-2018, 11:20 AM

As long as his middle name isn't "Jessica" due to his level of wllingness to tackle.

smuggler
07-04-2018, 11:51 AM

Packers will put in a bid and probably lose. Beal is a good prospect. Every team in the league has a roster spot for him. That includes the Packers.

Joemailman
07-10-2018, 07:16 PM
LeSean McCoy being investigated by NFL for a domestic abuse violation.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000939895/article/lesean-mccoy-denies-domestic-violence-accusation

Buffalo Bills running back LeSean McCoy strongly denied a domestic violence accusation made against him Tuesday in a social media post.

"For the record, the totally baseless and offensive claims made against me are completely false," McCoy wrote on Instagram. "Furthermore, I have not had any direct contact with any of the people involved in months."

The message came hours after an unidentified user on Instagram posted a bloodied and bruised image of a woman the poster identified as McCoy's former girlfriend, Delicia Cordon. The message, which was later deleted before the Instagram account was made private, accused McCoy of being responsible for the injuries.

According to court documents, McCoy has been trying to evict Cordon from the Georgia home where the incident occurred early Tuesday morning. NFL Network's Mike Garafolo reported that McCoy was in the Miami area Tuesday working out in preparation for Bills training camp, which opens July 25.

Rutnstrut
07-11-2018, 02:47 PM
LeSean McCoy being investigated by NFL for a domestic abuse violation.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000939895/article/lesean-mccoy-denies-domestic-violence-accusation

I'm not saying he wasn't involved. But it seems a lot of these players are guilty until proven otherwise when it comes to domestic abuse. All it takes is one spiteful ex to say a few words, and a mans name is mud.

Joemailman
07-11-2018, 08:21 PM
Packers will put in a bid and probably lose. Beal is a good prospect. Every team in the league has a roster spot for him. That includes the Packers.

The NFL held its annual mid-summer supplemental draft Wednesday with two players selected, the most since 2010.

New York Giants: Sam Beal, CB, Western Michigan, third round.

Washington Redskins: Adonis Alexander, CB, Virginia Tech, sixth round.

Three players eligible for the supplemental draft not selected -- Brandon Bryant, SS, Mississippi State; Bright Ugwoegbu, LB, Oregon State; Martayveus Carter, RB, Grand Valley State -- are now undrafted free agents eligible to be signed by any NFL team. The Jets are expected to sign Bryant, a source told NFL Network's Tom Pelissero..

Teamcheez1
07-12-2018, 07:41 AM
I wonder if the Packers even considered, or put in a bid for any of the players? The Giants giving up a 3rd round pick next year for Beal next seems risky to me.

MadScientist
07-12-2018, 01:32 PM
I wonder if the Packers even considered, or put in a bid for any of the players? The Giants giving up a 3rd round pick next year for Beal next seems risky to me.

Guessing not. The only prospects were DB's and they just threw a whole bunch at that position. If the top prospect had been a linebacker of equal caliber, I'm guessing they would have jumped at it.

hoosier
07-12-2018, 02:03 PM
I'm not saying he wasn't involved. But it seems a lot of these players are guilty until proven otherwise when it comes to domestic abuse. All it takes is one spiteful ex to say a few words, and a mans name is mud.

Not counting accusations by the victim and some of her friends, I don't see anyone jumping to conclusions. Knee jerk reaction much, Rut?

EDIT: I see now that our very own Mailman, ordinarily one of the few voices of reason and purveyors of truth in this jaded group, decided that the statement that the NFL is "reviewing the matter" should be interpreted as an investigation. Rutting and Strutting is absolutely correct: that Mailman is the incarnation of a new man-hating, politically correct intolerance that threatens to destroy not only the NFL but the moral fabric of our society.

Joemailman
07-13-2018, 08:14 PM
DeMarco Murray to retire after 7 seasons. Cowboys wore him out in 2014 with 460 touches. He was going to be a free agent they didn't plan to sign, so what did they care?

Patler
07-13-2018, 09:33 PM
Former Seahawk cornerback, Brandon Browner, was arrested and charged with attempted murder.

texaspackerbacker
07-13-2018, 09:48 PM
DeMarco Murray to retire after 7 seasons. Cowboys wore him out in 2014 with 460 touches. He was going to be a free agent they didn't plan to sign, so what did they care?

You see something wrong with that?

mraynrand
07-13-2018, 10:39 PM
that Mailman is the incarnation of a new man-hating, politically correct intolerance that threatens to destroy not only the NFL but the moral fabric of our society.

The first step in recovery is admitting the problem.

Joemailman
07-14-2018, 05:51 AM
The first step in recovery is admitting the problem.

What problem?

mraynrand
07-14-2018, 07:26 AM
What problem?

Strong point. If it works for you, roll with it.

Fritz
07-14-2018, 08:07 AM
Former Seahawk cornerback, Brandon Browner, was arrested and charged with attempted murder.

That's a big step up from merely mugging Packer receivers.

run pMc
07-15-2018, 12:46 PM

https://www.theringer.com/nfl/2018/7/13/17570142/demarco-murray-retirement-means-for-nfl-running-backs
Well he got $18M guranateed so he should be ok, but he had some wear on the tires and probably was best for his health. Interesting to see how backs are/aren't valued.

smuggler
07-16-2018, 06:56 PM
Whatever team pays Bell the 3 year, 45 million is crazy.

hoosier
07-18-2018, 01:44 PM
Just think: not so very long ago, Leveon Bell and Eddie Lacy were widely viewed as having similar value to their teams. Now Lacy is just...wide.

mraynrand
07-18-2018, 01:54 PM
Just think: not so very long ago, Leveon Bell and Eddie Lacy were widely viewed as having similar value to their teams. Now Lacy is just viewed to be wide.

so close :)

gbgary
07-18-2018, 05:29 PM
revis island tipped over and capsized today.

pbmax
07-18-2018, 08:50 PM

Krakatoa!

http://i.ytimg.com/vi/NjEuB9GDZ_I/hqdefault.jpg

mraynrand
07-19-2018, 07:03 AM

Hank Johnson was RIGHT!
http://www.hotflick.net/flicks/1984_Splash/tn300/984SPL_Eugene_Levy_011.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v7XXVLKWd3Q