PDA

View Full Version : Official 2020 Free Agency Thread

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4

Deputy Nutz
03-05-2020, 12:12 PM
Also second team all american doesn't go for shit in the NFL. Chris Orr had a fantastic season, had better stats then Brooks and he wasn't even invited to the combine.

GB-Brandon
03-05-2020, 12:42 PM
I truly don't give a fuck about your opinion as you don't have to give two shits about my opinion on Brooks, it truly wasn't my point. If it was that easy to target guys coming out of college then why even have a draft? Teams are all going to try to move up to the second or third pick in this draft to get a QB because they can't predict what other teams are going to do. Now you are talking about a possible 2nd or 3rd round guy with 60 some odd picks to go around. The only sure way to get Brooks is to draft him a round earlier than what he is predicted to go. So if you want him with the 30th pick then say so.

This of course depends on what you read or who you listen too or possibly your own personal projection. I’m seeing an overall consensus mostly having him as a ”2nd round talent”. Walter Football actually has him mocked to us in 2nd round so it’s not like I’m off my rocker here.

https://walterfootball.com/draft2020_2.php

Also, I’ve never posted anything anywhere wanting the Packers to draft Brooks in 1st round.

GB-Brandon
03-05-2020, 12:43 PM
Also second team all american doesn't go for shit in the NFL. Chris Orr had a fantastic season, had better stats then Brooks and he wasn't even invited to the combine.

I like Orr a lot as well and is definitely worth a look by the Packers.

GB-Brandon
03-05-2020, 12:57 PM
The bottom line is you can only pay so many players with the salary cap in play. The key is being able to find some guys on “rookie deals” that can fill holes and produce now. It’s just how the whole thing is set up so if your a “contending team” with “An Aging Franchise QB” your gonna draft need somewhat over value.

If they draft “Any LB” and reach a bit but he helps us win a Super Bowl I really don’t care if they picked him several spots ahead of where he was supposed to go.

Our window is shrinking so go get the guys you NEED NOW!

pbmax
03-09-2020, 04:52 PM
Field Yates @FieldYates
The Raiders have released starting LB Tahir Whitehead, per source.

The move clears nearly $6M in cap space in advance of free agency.

Gotarace
03-09-2020, 05:00 PM
Field Yates @FieldYates

This gives the Raiders over 55 million of free cap space...they should be players in Free Agency this year.

Cheesehead Craig
03-10-2020, 07:51 AM
This gives the Raiders over 55 million of free cap space...they should be players in Free Agency this year.

Clearing up space for Littleton

run pMc
03-10-2020, 09:13 AM
Field Yates @FieldYates

Cheaper replacement for Martinez while Gute drafts the other LB?

Joemailman
03-10-2020, 01:40 PM
Cheaper replacement for Martinez while Gute drafts the other LB?

I read that he has coverage issues, and his role was diminished late in the season. Opposing teams completed 52 of 66 passes for 668 yards and 6 TD's when targeting his man in 2019. 348 yards were YAC. Passer rating 0f 139. Blitzed 25 times with 1 hurry and 1 sack. Led team with 108 tackles and had 6 TFL.

texaspackerbacker
03-10-2020, 08:33 PM
I'm betting we re-sign Martinez for about $8.5-9 million per season with a larger than normal amount guaranteed - both for incentive reasons and for cap reasons. I don't expect any expensive FA signings or first or second day ILB draft picks.

wist43
03-10-2020, 09:03 PM
I'm betting we re-sign Martinez for about $8.5-9 million per season with a larger than normal amount guaranteed - both for incentive reasons and for cap reasons. I don't expect any expensive FA signings or first or second day ILB draft picks.

I don't think Martinez is worth that, and I want to improve the position.

Unfortunately, this is not the year to be looking for an ILB. Draft is thin, and so is FA.

smuggler
03-11-2020, 12:11 PM
On the NFL forum I lurk, every damn team is pining for Littleton. Can't imagine front offices feel much differently. Even with $27mil in cap space, I can't see us winning the bidding war for him. And C.J. Moseley got like $17m/year last year in Free Agency. A lot of numbers suggest Littleton's season was better entering free agency and the salary cap is supposed to jump quite a bit after next year or when the new CBA is approved. He's about to be a very rich man.

RashanGary
03-11-2020, 03:43 PM
DJ Reader would be a good pickup. 25 years old. Would open Clark up a bit to really rush the passer through the prime of his career. Would bump Lowry, Lancaster, Keke and Adams into really part time roles, where they belong.

run pMc
03-11-2020, 04:07 PM
DJ Reader would be a good pickup. 25 years old. Would open Clark up a bit to really rush the passer through the prime of his career. Would bump Lowry, Lancaster, Keke and Adams into really part time roles, where they belong.

He might, except he's in line for a big raise - just as Kenny Clark is too. Sportrac is expecting him to get a contract worth 11.9 million a year. I'd worry about Kenny first, then look cheaper. Lowry is already on his 2nd contract, so I think Russ Ball will argue not to tie up too much cap into any one position. Adams and Lancaster are definitely on the bubble and Keke is going to be looked to for a jump. (I think Keke has showed as much as Adams already.) Wouldn't shock me if they took a DL if all the starter-worthy OTs and ILBs are gone by pick 30.

pbmax
03-11-2020, 08:02 PM
Charles Robinson
#Cowboys’ Byron Jones’ market *starts* at $16-$17 mil per season, according to teams I’ve spoken to. And that’s without factoring in whether it’s an Oklahoma land rush for him. Conservative market on #Packers RT Bryan Bulaga is projecting to be $12 mil per. RTs about to get paid.

smuggler
03-11-2020, 08:12 PM
I'm happy for Bulaga to make it big in Free Agency. Go out and eat up as much cap as you can, big guy!

call_me_ishmael
03-11-2020, 08:36 PM
Cap is gonna sky rocket next year. I bet they work it out with Bulaga Whale.

Joemailman
03-11-2020, 10:31 PM
Jimmy Graham to be released tomorrow.

Jimmy Graham

@TheJimmyGraham
The last 2 years have certainly been interesting! A lot of memories, friendships and humbling moments that I will carry with me into the next opportunity. Thank you for the support during our exciting run this year toward that ever so elusive ring.

The Shadow
03-11-2020, 11:28 PM
I think Nick Kwiakowski would be an excellent free agent pickup. Combine that with another D. Lineman free agent + a 1st round WR & we aree in business.

Joemailman
03-12-2020, 09:12 AM
FA LB Christian Kirksey visiting Packers. http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001105967/article/christian-kirkseys-travels-take-him-to-visit-packers

Kirksey had good years in Cleveland in 2016 and 2017 before missing most of 2018 and 2019 with injuries. https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/K/KirkCh00.htm Kirksey played for Mike Pettine in Cleveland his 1st 2 years.

run pMc
03-12-2020, 12:06 PM
FA LB Christian Kirksey visiting Packers. http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001105967/article/christian-kirkseys-travels-take-him-to-visit-packers

Kirksey had good years in Cleveland in 2016 and 2017 before missing most of 2018 and 2019 with injuries. https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/K/KirkCh00.htm Kirksey played for Mike Pettine in Cleveland his 1st 2 years.

I like that they brought him in. Kirksey is (well, was) a very good player. If he can stay healthy and they structure his contract with game-day roster bonuses he could be a steal.

I also like Kwiatkoski better than Trevathan at this point. There are some rumblings that Kwiatkoski could get a hefty contract because of several interested teams...I guess we'll find out.
Littleton will cost too much money. If they aren't going to pony up for Blake or Schobert, they probably aren't for Littleton.

Nothing on Tahir Whitehead...I'm thinking he's on the downside of his career and Gute/Ball don't want a guy like that.

RashanGary
03-12-2020, 12:53 PM
Tire check on a decent, productive player with recent injury history....

Kirksey, if healthy, at 3M, beats the fuck out of blake at 10M

run pMc
03-12-2020, 03:32 PM

Absolutely. There was a time when Kirksey was looked at as a draft day gem and a potential cornerstone for that defense. The medical is a big concern but if he checks out I'd be curious what kind of contract he eventually gets.
Nigel Bradham is out there too. There will be LBs out there in FA, the question is whether there are any where the price is worth the production. With FA you often overpay. :(

They'll still need to draft a LB.

pbmax
03-12-2020, 09:00 PM
Ian Rapoport @RapSheet

Sources: The #Bears have agreed to terms with LB and team leader Danny Trevathan on a 3-year extension. Some work before the league year officially opens with a key piece of their team

Joemailman
03-12-2020, 09:02 PM
Ian Rapoport @RapSheet

Sources: The #Bears have agreed to terms with LB and team leader Danny Trevathan on a 3-year extension. Some work before the league year officially opens with a key piece of their team

So Kwiatkowski will be out there.

texaspackerbacker
03-12-2020, 10:24 PM
If Kirksey is healthy and could be signed for $3 million or so a season, yeah that would be a good choice. That's a couple of big ifs, though. Otherwise or even with Kirksey, I'd still rather have Martinez for $8.5 or 9 than any of the others mentioned.

bobblehead
03-13-2020, 11:02 AM
They should target a slightly bigger ILB who put up ordinary combine numbers and has slipped despite great college production. ILB is an instinct position sort of like RB. Sure, you would like Patrick Willis, but if you surround a lesser athlete who has instincts with talent you can get by. Then keep Greene healthy and try to find a guy similar to him as well.

mraynrand
03-13-2020, 11:07 AM

that's the key, as always. APRH

HarveyWallbangers
03-13-2020, 11:58 AM
Yes to resigning Kenny Clark this offseason. Whatever the market dictates.
No to Bryan Bulaga at over $10M/year.
No to Cory Littleton at $15M/year.
No to Austin Hooper at $10M/year.
Yes to Christian Kirksey on the cheap.

I like both Kwiatkowski and Schobert. If they can get one for around the price that Adrian Amos cost last year, then do it.

call_me_ishmael
03-13-2020, 01:47 PM
How good would Linval Joseph look at DE for us? That big boy looks like he could hold an edge.

smuggler
03-13-2020, 02:15 PM
Our boy Hunter Henry was franchised tagged by the Chargers today. Austin Hooper's price just went up and it more or less guarantees that we will have neither. Sadness.

pbmax
03-13-2020, 03:45 PM
Tennessee Titans @Titans
#Titans release Delanie Walker and Ryan Succop

Roster Moves Newspaper » https://bit.ly/3aTVJXL

pbmax
03-13-2020, 03:55 PM
Ian Rapoport @RapSheet\
More cuts today: The #Chargers have released veterans DT Brandon Mebane and LB Thomas Davis, while the #Bengals released LT Cordy Glenn after trying to trade him.

Adam Schefter @AdamSchefter
Vikings officially released DT Linval Joseph and CB Xavier Rhodes.

texaspackerbacker
03-13-2020, 04:51 PM
I wouldn't mind the Packers going after Linval Joseph.

Cheesehead Craig
03-13-2020, 06:38 PM
Signing WR Robbie Anderson is getting some play when he mentioned in an interview he wouldn't mind playing for Green Bay. That would sure make that WR corps look a hell of a lot better. It would be about 12-14 mil/yr.

Bretsky
03-13-2020, 07:52 PM
Signing WR Robbie Anderson is getting some play when he mentioned in an interview he wouldn't mind playing for Green Bay. That would sure make that WR corps look a hell of a lot better. It would be about 12-14 mil/yr.

He'd be a nice mix with Devante. Then send MVS, Allison, and Whitewater Jesus right to the XFL....well...if they can make a XFL team

smuggler
03-13-2020, 08:10 PM
I think we might actually get a little more out of MVS this year, if he stays healthy. His knee injury really impacted his game. He's not great, but you could do a lot worse at WR4.

Bretsky
03-13-2020, 08:12 PM
I think we might actually get a little more out of MVS this year, if he stays healthy. His knee injury really impacted his game. He's not great, but you could do a lot worse at WR4.

He'd look better as WR 5 or 6

texaspackerbacker
03-13-2020, 08:55 PM
I don't want Anderson. It wouldn't be smart to pay big money to a FA WR when there are so many good ones in the draft.

Bretsky
03-13-2020, 09:26 PM
I don't want Anderson. It wouldn't be smart to pay big money to a FA WR when there are so many good ones in the draft.

By that logic I assume you want a free agent ILB then ???

texaspackerbacker
03-14-2020, 12:53 AM
As I've said several times, I want to see the Packers retain Martinez - hopefully for slightly less than the max amount. I don't want a rookie starting, and probably Litttleton would be the only FA upgrade, and he's probably too expensive.

Bretsky
03-14-2020, 03:54 AM
As I've said several times, I want to see the Packers retain Martinez - hopefully for slightly less than the max amount. I don't want a rookie starting, and probably Litttleton would be the only FA upgrade, and he's probably too expensive.

Tex, it's free agency; we can't have it both ways. So you want them to pay Martinez 10 MIL or More ? I want them to sign a bunch of people for deals too; but it rarely happens

smuggler
03-14-2020, 11:42 AM
The Bears LB (Kwiatkowski) is probably about in line with Blake and should cost quite a bit less. If they're going to spend $12mil/yr on Blake, they should just pay $15 for Littleton.

texaspackerbacker
03-14-2020, 12:39 PM
Tex, it's free agency; we can't have it both ways. So you want them to pay Martinez 10 MIL or More ? I want them to sign a bunch of people for deals too; but it rarely happens

I'm talking $8.5 or 9, not 10 or more, but either way, you can structure it to be cap friendly. For example, $54 for 6 years, $15 million bonus, $1, 4, 5, 7, 10, and 12 million per year. That would be just a $3.5 cap hit the first year and $6.5 the second year.

For that money, I'd rather have Martinez than anybody mentioned other than maybe Littleton. Also signing Kirksey for about $3 million if he's healthy would be good. Then we could get by without drafting an ILB in any early round.

When you say "sign a bunch of people", what do you mean - what positions? I don't want a WR FA; I'd rather not get Hooper as a TE; Other than that, O Line? D Line? Yeah, I'd be all for spending some money for either. In any of those cases, you can structure a nice cap friendly contract.

run pMc
03-14-2020, 02:00 PM
Ian Rapoport @RapSheet\
More cuts today: The #Chargers have released veterans DT Brandon Mebane and LB Thomas Davis, while the #Bengals released LT Cordy Glenn after trying to trade him.

Vikings officially released DT Linval Joseph and CB Xavier Rhodes.

Does Mebane have anything left in the tank? He was a terror back in the day for the Seahawks.

Cordy Glenn will have plenty of interest. I think he was at odds with ownership (surprise, Bengals) all season IIRC.

I imagine they will try to resign Joseph and Griffin. Don't think Rhodes will be back... I could see him playing for MIA. Everyone knew the day was coming when the Vikings were going to have to disassemble and rebuild that defense -- it was aging and pricey (Kendricks, Barr, Rhodes, Smith, Joseph, Griffin, Hunter... that's a lot of expensive contracts).

run pMc
03-14-2020, 02:05 PM

I like both Kwiatkowski and Schobert. If they can get one for around the price that Adrian Amos cost last year, then do it.

Mostly agree.

Only thing I'd quibble with is about signing Kwiatkoski 4y/$37M when people are balking at Blake for $10M/yr (rightly so IMO). I'd be reluctant to go above 4/30 w/ 10Mguaranteed for him or Schobert.

Bretsky
03-14-2020, 02:25 PM
I'm talking $8.5 or 9, not 10 or more, but either way, you can structure it to be cap friendly. For example, $54 for 6 years, $15 million bonus, $1, 4, 5, 7, 10, and 12 million per year. That would be just a $3.5 cap hit the first year and $6.5 the second year.

For that money, I'd rather have Martinez than anybody mentioned other than maybe Littleton. Also signing Kirksey for about $3 million if he's healthy would be good. Then we could get by without drafting an ILB in any early round.

When you say "sign a bunch of people", what do you mean - what positions? I don't want a WR FA; I'd rather not get Hooper as a TE; Other than that, O Line? D Line? Yeah, I'd be all for spending some money for either. In any of those cases, you can structure a nice cap friendly contract.

I shoujld have not used that phrase. My comment was you assumed we could get Martinez for a deal. I also said I'd love to sign others for deals too but bargain shopping is a rarity among good players in the NFL

With that being said, I would have loved to see them sign Greg Olson or Delaney Walker (on the cheaps) or Hooper. I'd also take a ILB and OL IF we can get a deal somewhere. Ditto for a WR.. But I doubt we get anybody on the cheaps

texaspackerbacker
03-14-2020, 05:32 PM
It depends what you mean by a deal. I don't think we get a hometown discount or like that, but I do think the $10-12 million number going around is a slight exaggeration - that and like I said, any contract can be structured to be cap friendly with a sizable bonus which also makes it more attractive to the guy signing. All that and I like Martinez better than most of the alternatives, and I sure don't want a rookie out there being our defensive signal caller.

As for those TEs, they don't impress me much. I'm inclined to favor going with what we have at TE. Somebody said - and apparently it's true - that Tonyan was a disappointment because he played hurt all year. There's a decent hope that he will be a lot better. And Sternberger - who I've generally been negative about, was a 3rd round pick, and some people think he could have a break out year too.

And I strongly doubt there will be any cheap WRs that would be upgrades from what we have.

ThunderDan
03-14-2020, 06:49 PM

Why would Martinez sign that peice of shit contract? Cut him after year 4 years and it is only 4 years 32 million.

Tony Oday
03-14-2020, 07:35 PM
Sign Hooper and Cooper and start printing the Super Bowl Shirts!

pbmax
03-14-2020, 09:57 PM
Tex the predicted salary for Blake is 5 years and $57 million.

You aren’t going to put him on a six year deal for $19 mil in first two years

Also, you can’t prorate that bonus over six years, five only.

texaspackerbacker
03-14-2020, 10:15 PM
I wasn't aware that you can only prorate a bonus for 5 years. Also, predicted or not by whoever, I'm predicting a little less than that.

But if it's 5 years and $57 million you want, then make it that. Make it $20 million bonus and $1, 5, 8, 10, 13 million for the 5 years. That would still only be $5 million against the cap the first year and 9 million the second year.

And that same general structure can be done for whoever we might sign - cap friendly and attractive to the player. Martinez is only 26. I doubt whether he would worry too much about the prospect of getting cut after four years, and the only way the contract burns the team is if he gets hurt and/or declines a lot in his performance - neither of which seems all that likely based on his age and injury history.

call_me_ishmael
03-14-2020, 11:59 PM
Sign Hooper and Cooper and start printing the Super Bowl Shirts!

I don't want Hooper, but I'd love to have Cooper. Sign Cooper in FA, draft a receiver in R2, boom, the offense is fixed. If you can find a bargain MLB and thick boi at DE, get the super bowl hype started.

pbmax
03-15-2020, 08:00 AM
I wasn't aware that you can only prorate a bonus for 5 years. Also, predicted or not by whoever, I'm predicting a little less than that.

But if it's 5 years and $57 million you want, then make it that. Make it $20 million bonus and $1, 5, 8, 10, 13 million for the 5 years. That would still only be $5 million against the cap the first year and 9 million the second year.

And that same general structure can be done for whoever we might sign - cap friendly and attractive to the player. Martinez is only 26. I doubt whether he would worry too much about the prospect of getting cut after four years, and the only way the contract burns the team is if he gets hurt and/or declines a lot in his performance - neither of which seems all that likely based on his age and injury history.

You are getting closer, that is $26 mil of $57 million in the first two years, $20 of which is fully guranteed.

But that is a deal designed to blow up in your face at the higher numbers. Packers haven't ever really signed a deal like that with anyone but a QB. More than 1/3 of that deal is fully guaranteed. I doubt they want to spend $20 mil on a bonus for an ILB. But we will see.

texaspackerbacker
03-15-2020, 09:01 AM
Wasn't Clay Matthews deal fairly similar? And arguably, Martinez is the QB of the defense.

It seems like players these days are demanding and getting bigger and bigger percentages of guaranteed money. He's young enough and has been at least healthy enough to justify it IMO.

pbmax
03-15-2020, 09:31 AM
Wasn't Clay Matthews deal fairly similar? And arguably, Martinez is the QB of the defense.

It seems like players these days are demanding and getting bigger and bigger percentages of guaranteed money. He's young enough and has been at least healthy enough to justify it IMO.

Don't remember, but they aren't goin to make him the second highest payer on the team like CMIII was.

pbmax
03-15-2020, 01:03 PM
Calais Campbell traded to Ravens for a 5th round pick. Getting a 2 year, $27 million dollar deal.

ThunderDan
03-15-2020, 01:12 PM
Don't remember, but they aren't goin to make him the second highest payer on the team like CMIII was.

5 year $65 million with 31 guaranteed was Clays contract with the Pack.

pbmax
03-15-2020, 01:51 PM
5 year $65 million with 31 guaranteed was Clays contract with the Pack.

Sounds about right. He was #2 on the cap hit parade for a while.

pbmax
03-15-2020, 01:52 PM
Ian Rapoport @RapSheet
The #Titans have agreed to terms with QB Ryan Tannehill on a 4-year deal worth $118M, source says. He gets $91M in total guarantees and $62M in fully guaranteed money. A huge payday after leading Tennessee to the playoffs.

pbmax
03-15-2020, 01:54 PM
Jeff McLane @Jeff_McLane
The NFL salary cap for 2020 is set for $198.2 million per team. The #Eagles are expected to have approx. $40 million in cap space.

Don't get excited. Everyone now has more money and the minimums go up the year so guys already under contract will get pay increases if they are on the low end. That is a lot of payers on the 53 man roster, so there is not suddenly $10 mil more of Packer cap room.

gbgary
03-15-2020, 03:14 PM
updated cap numbers...
https://twitter.com/KenIngalls/status/1239214611926319104?s=19

pbmax
03-15-2020, 03:28 PM
updated cap numbers...
https://twitter.com/KenIngalls/status/1239214611926319104?s=19

Don't hold out on us Gary!

Ken Ingalls - Packers Cap ��
@KenIngalls
·
4h
Updated Green Bay Packers 2020 Salary Cap Summary:

-Includes new CBA terms for minimum contracts, practice squad, etc. & updated $198.2M cap allocation.

Top 51 Cap Space - Current: $22,548,649

Estimated Spendable Cap Space: $9,179,440

Today's news reduced spendable by $5.3M.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/ETKR5ciWkAA5eWU?format=png&name=small

Joemailman
03-15-2020, 03:33 PM
So this new CBA is going to restrict free agency spending a little bit.

pbmax
03-15-2020, 03:59 PM
So this new CBA is going to restrict free agency spending a little bit.

I can't show you my work, but it would seem that the cap went up almost $10 mil but higher minimum salaries basically cost $15 mil.

gbgary
03-15-2020, 04:51 PM
yeah...the new CBA cost them $5+m this year. now they'll start cutting. a starter, much needed depth, will be sacrificed for maybe one impact player. they'll move some money forward too. I'm guessing they'll just use it to plug holes mostly.

Joemailman
03-15-2020, 04:54 PM
I can't show you my work, but it would seem that the cap went up almost $10 mil but higher minimum salaries basically cost $15 mil.

I think that's pretty close. I believe the Packers available cap is about 6 million less than it was right after they released Jimmy Graham.

pbmax
03-15-2020, 05:18 PM
I think that's pretty close. I believe the Packers available cap is about 6 million less than it was right after they released Jimmy Graham.

Ingalls calculated 5.3 mil less.

pbmax
03-15-2020, 05:23 PM
yeah...the new CBA cost them $5+m this year. now they'll start cutting. a starter, much needed depth, will be sacrificed for maybe one impact player. they'll move some money forward too. I'm guessing they'll just use it to plug holes mostly.

I think the only two candidates to get cut are Lane Taylor (they aren't going to pay him that much to be a backup*) and Corey Linsley. And I think Linsley stays.

* Taylor might stay if the plan is to play Turner at RT. Even if Taylor stays, might require a new deal.

smuggler
03-15-2020, 05:53 PM
While the new CBA reduced our free cap space, it did so for every team. Benefits the deep pockets teams the most, but in our tier of spenders, it should be a negligible change. And the deep pockets guys always had the capability to outspend us anyhow.

texaspackerbacker
03-15-2020, 07:57 PM
Cut Corey Linsley? Hell no. He and the new kid are about the only bright spots in the O Line.

pbmax
03-16-2020, 07:32 AM
Tom Pelissero @TomPelissero
The #Falcons plan to release star CB Desmond Trufant this week, per source.

pbmax
03-16-2020, 07:32 AM
Cut Corey Linsley? Hell no. He and the new kid are about the only bright spots in the O Line.

Patrick is fine at center, Linsley is getting older and hurt more often and he is on his much more expensive second contract. If you need the cash ....

pbmax
03-16-2020, 07:38 AM
Losing $5 mil in cap space was partially Ken Ingalls estimation error. All his numbers for 2020 cap were based off a projected $200 mil cap, and it came in at 198.

Ken Ingalls - Packers Cap @KenIngalls

Reasons why the Packers have $5M less cap to play with today than previously estimated.

1 - Top line cap allocation came in under the $200M estimate.

2 - Minimum salaries went up with the new CBA - so it costs more to pay the players.

3 - Increased practice squad size & costs.

pbmax
03-16-2020, 07:43 AM
Jason Wilde @jasonjwilde

So, when the pre-free agency negotiating period opens at 11 am CDT on Monday, the #Packers are going to be #HotAndHeavy for #Falcons TE Austin Hooper (per
@RobDemovsky) and #Rams ILB Cory Littleton (per @BillHuberSI and @VicTafur). Eager to see if #Gutey gets his guys -- again.

pbmax
03-16-2020, 07:53 AM
No surprise, but Chiefs are placing franchise tag on DT Chris Jones today, per source.

Bucs placed franchise tag on Shaq Barrett, per source.

Giants expected to place tag today on defensive lineman Leonard Williams, per source. Giants want him back and unwilling to let him leave.

red
03-16-2020, 07:54 AM
Losing $5 mil in cap space was partially Ken Ingalls estimation error. All his numbers for 2020 cap were based off a projected $200 mil cap, and it came in at 198.

Reasons why the Packers have $5M less cap to play with today than previously estimated.

1 - Top line cap allocation came in under the $200M estimate.

2 - Minimum salaries went up with the new CBA - so it costs more to pay the players.

3 - Increased practice squad size & costs.

Practice squad size and players shouldn’t have any impact on the cap

pbmax
03-16-2020, 08:01 AM
Practice squad size and players shouldn’t have any impact on the cap

Pretty sure they count against you in season. Not currently, when its the Top 51, but in September I think they do.

smuggler
03-16-2020, 08:28 AM
We signed Kirko, 2 years $16mil, so we're out of the Littleton sweepstakes.

mraynrand
03-16-2020, 08:33 AM
We signed Kirko, 2 years $16mil, so we're out of the Littleton sweepstakes.

pack was never in them. Not enough $$.

This is a good move, APRH

Joemailman
03-16-2020, 08:38 AM
Given his recent injury history, it will be interesting to see how much is guaranteed. Never missed a game his 1st 4 years though. Excellent player in 2016-2017. An upgrade if he can stay on the field.

mraynrand
03-16-2020, 08:44 AM
Hardest hit will be Tex, who was being negotiated up by Don Johnson to buy that '86 Martinez K car for 6,000.

"Tex, I got two other teams coming in to look at Martinez this afternoon..."

https://external-content.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=http%3A%2F%2Fc8.alamy.com%2Fcomp%2FBKD484%2Fthe-hot-spot-1990-don-johnson-BKD484.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

Joemailman
03-16-2020, 08:49 AM
Gutey needs to get his clocks checked. There weren't supposed to be any free agent discussions until 11:00 CT this morning. Hope he doesn't get in trouble.

mraynrand
03-16-2020, 08:58 AM
Gutey needs to get his clocks checked. There weren't supposed to be any free agent discussions until 11:00 CT this morning. Hope he doesn't get in trouble.

Is he in Iceland?

red
03-16-2020, 08:59 AM

He was one of those guys that was released, so I’m not sure if those guys are still allowed to sign when ever or not

Joemailman
03-16-2020, 09:06 AM
He was one of those guys that was released, so I’m not sure if those guys are still allowed to sign when ever or not

I forgot he was released. Probably okay then.

Joemailman
03-16-2020, 09:09 AM
Kirk Cousins getting 2 year extension from Vikings. No word on money yet.

Teamcheez1
03-16-2020, 09:12 AM

Teams were allowed to start negotiating with free agents on March 14th.

Joemailman
03-16-2020, 09:16 AM
Teams were allowed to start negotiating with free agents on March 14th.

Not according to the NFL. https://operations.nfl.com/football-ops/league-governance/2020-important-nfl-dates/

mraynrand
03-16-2020, 09:21 AM
I just hope Kirko didn't sign any T-shirts.

Teamcheez1
03-16-2020, 09:25 AM
Not according to the NFL. https://operations.nfl.com/football-ops/league-governance/2020-important-nfl-dates/

You’re correct, I had googled old info. As people stated, it’s probably because he was released.

red
03-16-2020, 09:25 AM
Not sure what to make of the signing

I know nothing about the guy other then he only played 9 games over the last 2 seasons

Hopefully gutey hit another home run

bobblehead
03-16-2020, 09:35 AM
Jason Wilde @jasonjwilde

So, when the pre-free agency negotiating period opens at 11 am CDT on Monday, the #Packers are going to be #HotAndHeavy for #Falcons TE Austin Hooper (per
@RobDemovsky) and #Rams ILB Cory Littleton (per @BillHuberSI and @VicTafur). Eager to see if #Gutey gets his guys -- again.

I don't think he can sign both can he? Not enough cap space. If you do manage to sign both you lose Clark or someone else you really don't want to.

Cheesehead Craig
03-16-2020, 10:08 AM

I saw $66M for those years. $61M guaranteed. It lowered his cap hit by $10M this year.

call_me_ishmael
03-16-2020, 10:21 AM
Packers agreed to terms with former Badger Ricky Wagner. I didn't realize FA started already or at least the tampering period.

Joemailman
03-16-2020, 10:30 AM
Packers agreed to terms with former Badger Ricky Wagner. I didn't realize FA started already or at least the tampering period.

So long Bulaga.

Joemailman
03-16-2020, 10:33 AM

Wagner's another guy who had been released, so he could be signed before free agency starts.

Deputy Nutz
03-16-2020, 10:49 AM
Wagner's Deal
2 years 11 million

Kirksey
2 years 16 million

red
03-16-2020, 10:59 AM
I don't think he can sign both can he? Not enough cap space. If you do manage to sign both you lose Clark or someone else you really don't want to.

You can always find more cap

For instance, Lindsey isn’t worth the 10.5 million he’s counting against the cap right now. I think you can save 8 by dropping him

RashanGary
03-16-2020, 11:00 AM
Well, credit to gute for not going into the draft with any glaring holes on the roster

RashanGary
03-16-2020, 11:04 AM
I expect bpa in the draft now, which is nice cuz stars are what we need, not patching holes with so/so talent

Joemailman
03-16-2020, 11:05 AM
Smart move by Gutey. Limited cap space, so sign these released guys before the bidding wars start.

Joemailman
03-16-2020, 11:06 AM

For instance, Lindsey isn’t worth the 10.5 million he’s counting against the cap right now. I think you can save 8 by dropping him

Or maybe sign him to an extension that lowers the cap hit this year.

Deputy Nutz
03-16-2020, 11:11 AM
I expect bpa in the draft now, which is nice cuz stars are what we need, not patching holes with so/so talent

Well, we signed two edge rushers last year and he still went edge rusher in the draft. Kirksey is going to be paid like a starter, but on a two year deal, If a player of need falls I still suspect they fill a need before some random position. The Packers roster is very interesting right now, I could see them drafting almost any position and it making sense.

Fritz
03-16-2020, 11:12 AM

He was very underwhelming in Detroit. Meh.

So you're going to entrust Rodgers's health to a guy who underperformed in Detroit?

smuggler
03-16-2020, 11:23 AM
Wagner was better before 2019, but even still can't measure up to Bulaga. Ultimately, Wager is one of the 32 best tackles in the league, though, and we got him at a bargain price. Basically got two players for the price of Bulaga and diversified our risk for age-related play regression and injury.

smuggler
03-16-2020, 11:28 AM
Does the fact we addressed ILB and OT, two of our three biggest needs, but not TE, the other, indicate more faith in Sternberger? To be fair, between Marcedes Lewis (still unsigned), Tonyan (ERFA), and Sternberger, we have more talent at TE than ILB and RT, for certain.

Joemailman
03-16-2020, 11:44 AM
Kirksey's deal includes only 4 million guaranteed. The total contract is for 13 million, not 16 million. Of that 3.75 million are roster bonuses, so he has to stay healthy to get it all. https://packerswire.usatoday.com/2020/03/16/contract-details-for-new-packers-lb-christian-kirksey/

Joemailman
03-16-2020, 11:51 AM
https://packerswire.usatoday.com/2020/03/16/quick-takeaways-on-packers-signing-ot-rick-wagner/

The Lions decided to save $9 million in cap space by parting ways with Wagner last week. According to PFF, Wagner posted an overall grade of 59.0 in 12 games, surrendering three sacks. The decline is a significant deviation from Wagner’s norm. In 2018, 2017 and 2016, Wagner posted grades of 71.6, 75.2, and 74.0, respectively.

PFF grades aren’t gospel, but, evidently, Wagner’s decline in play over the past season had been enough for the Lions organization to feel it necessary to part ways and save money.

The Packers are taking a relatively low-risk bet that Wagner will return to form. If Wagner can rediscover the production he had just a couple seasons ago, the Packers are getting a steady hand at right tackle at a fraction of what it would cost to keep Bryan Bulaga.

It’s not difficult to see the Packers strategy in the draft. By signing a stop-gap right tackle, they’re going to find a tackle in the first few rounds of the draft, but they don’t want to be compelled into starting a rookie if they don’t have to. Wagner buys them time but at an affordable rate. And if things go really well, he can be a high-quality starting right tackle to boot.

mraynrand
03-16-2020, 11:54 AM
He was very underwhelming in Detroit. Meh.

So you're going to entrust Rodgers's health to a guy who underperformed in Detroit?

I suspect there will some competition over there at RT. Maybe Turnstile and a rookie get a chance to push Wagner.

Joemailman
03-16-2020, 12:26 PM
Austin Hooper to Browns.

HarveyWallbangers
03-16-2020, 12:32 PM

Check on Hooper. He got close to $11M/year. Kirksey came at 2y/$13M. Relatively cheap.

Joemailman
03-16-2020, 01:09 PM
Not free agency but...Texans trading DeAndre Hopkins to Cardinals for David Johnson.

smuggler
03-16-2020, 01:11 PM
Houston got fleeced. Arizona already had two better backs (well, Kenyan Drake was transition tagged, anyway) than Johnson.

Zool
03-16-2020, 01:15 PM
Not free agency but...Texans trading DeAndre Hopkins to Cardinals for David Johnson.

Big oof for Houston on that. Seems like they got fleeced. Was it partly money related?

smuggler
03-16-2020, 01:16 PM
Given his recent injury history, it will be interesting to see how much is guaranteed. Never missed a game his 1st 4 years though. Excellent player in 2016-2017. An upgrade if he can stay on the field.

2 years $13mil with $4mil guaranteed. They can cut him a year from now and it's basically 1 year $7mil

Joemailman
03-16-2020, 01:26 PM
Big oof for Houston on that. Seems like they got fleeced. Was it partly money related?

Hopkins has 3 years-39 million left on his contract. Johnson has 2 years-20 million left on his.

Tony Oday
03-16-2020, 01:26 PM
Sounds like the Pack is in on Cooper, that would be AWESOME.

Zool
03-16-2020, 01:28 PM
Hopkins has 3 years-39 million left on his contract. Johnson has 2 years-20 million left on his.

The Texans have traded wide receiver DeAndre Hopkins and a late-round pick to the Arizona Cardinals for running back David Johnson and a second-round pick, sources told ESPN's Adam Schefter.

The Texans will take on all of Johnson's salary, according to Schefter. Johnson, who signed a three-year, $39 million contract extension in 2018, has cap hits of $10.2 million in 2020 and $7.9 million in 2021.

Hopkins is owed $14 million in 2020, $15 million in 2021 and $13.9 million in 2022.

Additionally, the Cardinals also receive a fourth-round pick in this year's draft while the Texans get a second-round pick this year and a fourth-round selection in 2021, sources told Schefter.

This makes some more sense. A RB and a 2nd round pick. Still they have to be hoping that Johnson stays healthy and plays well.

Joemailman
03-16-2020, 01:37 PM

And hard to believe. I think they're down to about 15 million in cap space.

pbmax
03-16-2020, 01:48 PM

Vet minimum to help defray the dumb cost of his original all guaranteed deal. Probably.

pbmax
03-16-2020, 01:49 PM
Is he in Iceland?

Surprised Belichick hasn't booked rooms on the International Date Line before.

Joemailman
03-16-2020, 02:02 PM
Report Bears talking to Bridgewater.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/03/16/bears-are-talking-to-teddy-bridgewater/

The Mitchell Trubisky era in Chicago could be ending. At least, his era as a starter.

Per a source with knowledge of the situation, talks are underway between the Bears and Saints quarterback Teddy Bridgewater.

The initial numbers floating around (something in the range of $21 million per year) suggest that Bridgewater would be installed as the No. 1 option in Chicago. And that would be a great deal for a guy who has started six games since January 2016.

Bridgewater was 5-0 last year with the Saints, while Drew Brees was injured. A first-round pick of the Vikings in 2014, a deal with the Bears would bring him back to the black-and-blue division.

HarveyWallbangers
03-16-2020, 02:04 PM

Not a chance

HarveyWallbangers
03-16-2020, 02:11 PM
Kwiatowski to the Raiders (who had a ton of cash).

TE Hayden Hurt to the Falcons.

Shaq Lawson to the Dolphins.

Stefon Diggs tweeted "It's time for a new beginning."

Taysom Hill give first round tender. Should be returning to Saints.

Joemailman
03-16-2020, 02:12 PM
Spotrac reporting that Nick Kwiatkowski has singed a 3 year deal with Raiders.

I won't call them Las Vegas yet because there are reports that virus could delay the construction of new stadiums in Las Vegas and Los Angeles.

texaspackerbacker
03-16-2020, 02:16 PM
Kirsey at $16 million for 2 years definitely isn't cheap. If it's really $13 million, that's more believable but still maybe too much. They better have good reason to believe he will snap back to what he was a couple years ago. The article I read seemed to indicate the Packers were still in the hunt for Littleton, and I'm not convinced yet that they will give up on Martinez.

Wagner is a bargain too - if and only if they have good reason to believe he will be like he was before last season.

I hope they don't even consider Amari Cooper for the price he will likely go for.

The Bears would stupid IMO if they signed Bridgewater to replace Trubiskey, but then the Bears are generally stupid - a large part of the reason they still suck.

Houston seems to be batshit crazy to make the deal they made for David Johnson - giving up one of the top two or three WRs in the league. On the other hand, it's a great year to draft WRs, and they badly needed a good RB.

If Kwiakowski signs with the Raiders, that could mean the Packers are a stronger possibility for Littleton, as the article I saw had the Raiders and Packers as the top two going after him.

HarveyWallbangers
03-16-2020, 02:18 PM
Kirsey at $16 million for 2 years definitely isn't cheap. If it's really $13 million

It is.

Joemailman
03-16-2020, 02:28 PM
Almost 4 million of Kirksey's contract is a roster bonus based on number of games played. So to get all 13 million he'll need to stay healthy.

pbmax
03-16-2020, 02:31 PM
So does Wagner mean no Veldheer?

Joemailman
03-16-2020, 02:33 PM
So does Wagner mean no Veldheer?

Probably. At least until after the draft.

ThunderDan
03-16-2020, 02:37 PM

Or they can go to him and say you need to restructure for less or we are cutting you. Happens all the time.

pbmax
03-16-2020, 02:43 PM
There are multiple reports that the Bears are NOT pursuing BridgeH2O, but are pushing a QB to compete with Pubert.

Ed Werder @WerderEdESPN
Source: #Bears are focused on acquiring Andy Dalton or Nick Foles - both veteran quarterbacks who have played for either Matt Nagy or members of coaching staff. There’s a sense in the organization that Mitchell Trubisky should be forced to compete for the starting position.

pbmax
03-16-2020, 02:53 PM
Packers were apparently interested.

Jonathan Jones @jjones9
Green Bay, Washington and Cleveland are in play for TE Austin Hooper, per sources. He's going to get paiddd

pbmax
03-16-2020, 02:56 PM
:D

June 6th, 2019

Michael David Smith @MichaelDavSmith
If we're considering age and contract (which we always should when evaluating players), Mitch Trubisky is already the top QB in the NFC North and it's not even close. And I say that as someone who stands by my criticism of Ryan Pace for trading up for him.

Joemailman
03-16-2020, 03:04 PM
Tweet
See new Tweets
Conversation
Brad Biggs
@BradBiggs
#Bears are working to make a deal happen with Teddy Bridgewater. #Bucs have also expressed interest.

Tom Brady could play a role in it all. If Brady goes to #Chargers or stays with #Patriots, Tampa might emerge as frontrunner for Bridgewater.

Buckle up.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/03/16/bears-reached-out-to-jaguars-about-nick-foles/

As the Bears talk to Teddy Bridgewater about a starting job, they’re talking to the Jaguars about Nick Foles.

Per a source with knowledge of the situation, the Bears have reached out about the Super Bowl LII MVP.

Foles signed a four-year, $88 million deal last year with the Jaguars. A Week One broken collarbone opened the door for Minshew Mania, and by the end of the season it had become clear that the Jaguars are all in with the sixth-round pick from Washington State.

If the Jaguars trade Foles, don’t expect them to pay any portion of his salary, like the Dolphins did last year with Ryan Tannehill. Foles is due to make $15.125 million this year, $14.875 million in 2021, and $20 million in 2022. He received a $25 million signing bonus and a $5 million salary last year from the Jaguars.

A trade to the Bears would reunite Foles with former Chiefs assistant Matt Nagy, whose time with Foles also includes the quarterback’s rookie season in Philadelphia. Foles played in three games during his one season with the Chiefs, generating a passer rating in excess of 100.

Foles also beat the Bears in the 2018 postseason, upsetting Chicago at Soldier Field in a wild-card game that ended with a notorious double-doink.

The news comes at a time when the Bears also are talking to Teddy Bridgewater‘s camp, something that PFT reported and Brad Biggs of the Chicago Sun-Times has confirmed.

pbmax
03-16-2020, 03:10 PM
That Biggs tweet is from 2 hours ago. These are an hour old. Possible they don't know anything and the teams are just trying to keep all options open.

Dan Wiederer @danwiederer
The phones are active in the NFL world right now and the Bears, per a source, are reaching out to the Bengals and Jaguars re: trade possibilities for Andy Dalton or Nick Foles.

Brad Biggs @BradBiggs
Bridgewater could be headed to #Bucs or #Chargers -- basically whichever team doesn't land Tom Brady.

pbmax
03-16-2020, 03:13 PM
Ian Rapoport @RapSheet
Blockbuster: The #49ers are trading Pro Bowl DL DeForest Buckner to the #Colts, sources say, in exchange for a first-round pick. A massive deal for both teams, with one of SF’s key players on the move.

Ian Rapoport @RapSheet
The #Colts are giving DL DeForest Bucker a huge extension worth $21M, source said. And Indy continues to invest in defense.

THAT IS $21 MIL PER YEAR

Kenny Clark is gonna get lots and lots of money.

pbmax
03-16-2020, 03:16 PM
To me, sure looks like Packers will be drafting a WR now.

mraynrand
03-16-2020, 03:16 PM
Not a chance

+1

Smidgeon
03-16-2020, 03:31 PM

Fingers crossed.

Fritz
03-16-2020, 03:32 PM
Austin Hooper to Browns.

Well,if they wanted him, I'm glad Green Bay didn't sign him.

call_me_ishmael
03-16-2020, 03:43 PM
https://twitter.com/DeanlsReal/status/1239605774529290243

So let me get this straight....

Bill O’Brien has turned
- DeAndre Hopkins
- Jadeveon Clowney
- 2020 4th rounder (131st overall)

Into
- Gareon Conley
- David Johnson
- Jacob Martin
- Barkevious Mingo
- 2020 2nd rounder (40th overall)
- 2021 4th rounder

Oofff

Joemailman
03-16-2020, 04:55 PM
Browns also signed LT Jack Conklin. 3 years, 42 million, 30 million guaranteed, 20 million in 2020.

Joemailman
03-16-2020, 05:17 PM
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/category/rumor-mill/

Case Keenum and the Browns have agreed to a three-year, $18 million contract with $10 million guaranteed, Adam Schefter of ESPN reports.

Big V is now Big Money.

According to Adam Caplan of SiriusXM NFL Radio, Eagles tackle Halapoulivaati Vaitai just got a five-year, $50 million deal from the Lions.

Vaitai replaces previous big-ticket free agent Rick Wagner at right tackle for the Lions, which proves the cyclical nature of the early stages of free agency.

Vaitai made 20 starts in four seasons, but was stuck without a job with the Eagles, as Andre Dillard will move into the left tackle spot with Jason Peters reaching free agency. They have Lane Johnson on the other side, so Vaitai was destined to leave.

The Giants are making a “strong push” to sign linebacker Blake Martinez, Matt Lombardo of NJ.com reports.

The Packers’ signing of Christian Kirksey signaled an end to Martinez’ time in Green Bay.

Martinez, 26, led all linebackers with 114 solo tackles last season.

Teamcheez1
03-16-2020, 05:22 PM
I saw the article on NJ.com that he (Martinez) "would fill a void in the Giants’ defense for a playmaking outside linebacker who can generate pressure on the quarterback." My eyes must deceive me.

Joemailman
03-16-2020, 05:26 PM
I saw the article on NJ.com that he (Martinez) "would fill a void in the Giants’ defense for a playmaking outside linebacker who can generate pressure on the quarterback." My eyes must deceive me.

Well, in a 4-3 defense, he would have to cover less ground than he did in Pettine's defense where he was often the only ILB on the field. It might be a better fit for him.

run pMc
03-16-2020, 06:32 PM
DeAndre Hopkins is a beast. Murray will be happy - they have Larry, Hopkins and Kirk for their top 3 WR now.

HOU will be drafting WRs. David Johnson could resurrect his career in HOU (they needed a RB) and he can play all 3 downs but I think O'Brien's dealings are going to bite him. Who does Watson throw to? Fuller, Coutee, and Stills are all ok but none of them are #1's.

The Kirksey signing seemed pricey until the details came out -- there are a lot of incentives and bonuses built into it. If he returns to form from 2 years ago he's a much better LB than Martinez.
Signing Wagner doesn't really wow me - he's going to hold up better over a season than Veldheer in theory. He's been pretty healthy through his career and you know he'll be excited to play for the home state team. I don't think he's better than Bulaga, but he's younger and healthier. That right side of the OL isn't what it was but better skill position players might mitigate that. They've trotted out worse OL than Wagner.

Both GB signings are moderate FA signings that provide some vets who can start and provide roster flexibility going into the draft. They'll still probably draft an OT and an ILB, but they aren't pressured to reach for one and have a little time to develop whomever they do draft.

I'd rather they extend Kenny Clark than sign Cory Littleton or Amari Cooper. I don't think their performance will match their price.

Teamcheez1
03-16-2020, 07:24 PM
The Bears just signed Jimmy Graham to a 2 year $16M contract with $9M guaranteed. I think we can cover this TE.

Joemailman
03-16-2020, 07:32 PM
The Bears just signed Jimmy Graham to a 2 year $16M contract with $9M guaranteed. I think we can cover this TE.

They overpaid, but he is better than anybody they've got at that position.

Cheesehead Craig
03-16-2020, 08:26 PM
The Hopkins trade is moronic for Houston. I have no idea how they can spin this to sound good for them. Good on AZ for taking advantage.

Bretsky
03-16-2020, 08:50 PM

LIKE KIRK COUSINS, and RYAN TANNEHILL..........F'ckin JIMMMMMMMMMMMYYYYY just keeps robbing people

Joemailman
03-16-2020, 08:59 PM
LIKE KIRK COUSINS, and RYAN TANNEHILL..........F'ckin JIMMMMMMMMMMMYYYYY just keeps robbing people

Not that surprised though. It's a bad year at TE both in free agency and the draft. Some guys are bound to be overpaid.

Bretsky
03-16-2020, 09:48 PM

Maybe Gooter can grow some stones and trade up for a Superstar...ask...CeDee Lamb

smuggler
03-16-2020, 09:53 PM

Wouldn't Greg Olsen have been preferable? Why didn't they attempt to bring him in when he was cut loose from Carolina? Maybe they did....

Bretsky
03-16-2020, 09:57 PM
WOW WOW

VIKINGS JUST GOT A RANSOM FOR DIGGS FROM BUFFALO

Bretsky
03-16-2020, 09:58 PM
1st 5th 6th in 2020

4th in 2021

GOOD JOB VIKES; you just fleeced the Bills

smuggler
03-16-2020, 10:05 PM
Christ what a haul.

ThunderDan
03-16-2020, 10:08 PM
Draft picks are worth a lot more in my opinion going forward with the new CBA. The cost of superstars will be crippling going forward. Teams are going to have to get more first contract talent to be contenders.

smuggler
03-16-2020, 10:22 PM
Vikes have picks 23 and 25 and might end up trading Anthony Harris for another high (2nd or 3rd round) pick. They have done a good job improving their situation in the last week.

Fosco33
03-16-2020, 10:22 PM
Diggs for a 1st would’ve been a steal w/ this draft. Then it’s bills giving away the farm.

And amari 5 yr - 100m. How are they gonna compete with paying Dak and Zeke. That’s like 60-65m a year for those 3. Lol

Cheesehead Craig
03-16-2020, 10:23 PM
1st 5th 6th in 2020

4th in 2021

GOOD JOB VIKES; you just fleeced the Bills

All depends. If the first rounder is a bust, they got the short end. I don't think it's a fleecing.

HarveyWallbangers
03-17-2020, 12:29 AM
Blake Martinez to the Giants - 3y/$30M
Randall Cobb to the Texans - 3y/$27M

Anti-Polar Bear
03-17-2020, 03:51 AM
Draft picks are worth a lot more in my opinion going forward with the new CBA. The cost of superstars will be crippling going forward. Teams are going to have to get more first contract talent to be contenders.

Wrong.

The 17th game and the a 14 teams playoffs are gonna garner even more frogskins from the networks. The capitalist pigs would love to pay all the players the minimum-wage, but paying superstar vets of NFL wars won’t be “crippling”.

run pMc
03-17-2020, 07:13 AM
Vikings trade Stefon Diggs to Buffalo for 4 draft picks. Insanity. That's a good trade for Minnesota with this being a bumper crop of WRs and all the retooling they have to do. Wouldn't be surprised if they use picks to trade up or double dip on CB since Zimmer likes them.

pbmax
03-17-2020, 07:42 AM
Wouldn't Greg Olsen have been preferable? Why didn't they attempt to bring him in when he was cut loose from Carolina? Maybe they did....

He signed in Seattle I thought.

pbmax
03-17-2020, 07:43 AM
Blake Martinez to the Giants - 3y/$30M
Randall Cobb to the Texans - 3y/$27M

Giants play a 4-3. If he's not in the middle, he might thrive. Lower cost than I expected.

pbmax
03-17-2020, 07:44 AM

Why more crippling than now?

pbmax
03-17-2020, 07:52 AM
Peter Bukowski @Peter_Bukowski

According to the fine cap work from @KenIngalls the Packers have a hair under $2 million in spendable cap space left.

Cutting Lane Taylor would free up $4 million.

Packers would need ~$5.5 million available for a Robert Woods trade. Makes you think.

SudsMcBucky
03-17-2020, 07:56 AM
Brady not returning to Pats. Bucs for sure, now?

https://twitter.com/TomBrady/status/1239895697207549952/photo/1

pbmax
03-17-2020, 08:00 AM
Mike Clay @MikeClayNFL
The Bears now lead the NFL in tight ends under contract:

Jimmy Graham
Trey Burton
Adam Shaheen
Demetrius Harris
Ben Braunecker
Jesper Horsted
J.P. Holtz
Eric Saubert
Dax Raymond

THOUGHT FOR SURE MCCARTHY WAS IN DALLAS

pbmax
03-17-2020, 08:01 AM
Amari Cooper intends to re-sign with the Dallas Cowboys on a 5-year, $100 million deal, league sources tell ESPN.

THERE HE IS

pbmax
03-17-2020, 08:05 AM
I AM GLAD FOR RANDALL. BUT BILL O'BRIEN IS SMOKING CRACK

James Jones @89JonesNTAF
The #Texans have agreed to terms with WR @rcobb18 on a 3-year $27M deal with $18.75 guaranteed #Texans @nflnetwork

texaspackerbacker
03-17-2020, 08:19 AM
Do we see other teams fussing around and worrying about cap space? Hell no. You just do what you need to do to get the job done.

That being said, the two posts above concern my second and third favorite teams, and all I can say is damn, I'm sure glad it wasn't my favorite team doing stupid shit like that.

A large part of going 13-3 was being smart - actually more like not being stupid. The other major factor was luck. If the Packers had been a little more smart and a little less stupid, of course - mostly during the Ted Thompson years, we'd be riding even higher than we are, assuming luck was with us.

mraynrand
03-17-2020, 08:59 AM
Do we see other teams fussing around and worrying about cap space? Hell no.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V8lT1o0sDwI

ThunderDan
03-17-2020, 09:01 AM
Why more crippling than now?

With the increase in minimum salary, there is "less" money left for the bigger contracts. If you have 3 Superstars taking up $75,000,000 and 30 guys making league minimum at $30,000,000 you only have $100,000,000 on so to sign your 20 2nd contact and starters remaining. You pay your OL and there is $50,000,000 to sign your remaining 15 starters.

mraynrand
03-17-2020, 09:04 AM
Brady not returning to Pats. Bucs for sure, now?

https://twitter.com/TomBrady/status/1239895697207549952/photo/1

Belichick rn be like:

https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-kbtLrcD16Nk/XPO28tsnuZI/AAAAAAABjHw/qsRzMFht-fIUrmonYDww6shBE4PLHuaygCLcBGAs/s1600/barr_bottle.gif

Joemailman
03-17-2020, 09:37 AM
I AM GLAD FOR RANDALL. BUT BILL O'BRIEN IS SMOKING CRACK

James Jones @89JonesNTAF
The #Texans have agreed to terms with WR @rcobb18 on a 3-year $27M deal with $18.75 guaranteed #Texans @nflnetwork

The knives are out for Bill O'Brien. https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2881303-deandre-hopkins-trade-is-proof-that-bill-obrien-must-be-stoppedhttps://bleacherreport.com/articles/2881303-deandre-hopkins-trade-is-proof-that-bill-obrien-must-be-stopped

Joemailman
03-17-2020, 09:58 AM
Packers sign Jake Kumerow 1 year 675,000.

Deputy Nutz
03-17-2020, 10:33 AM
The Patriots wanted to go another direction than 42 year old Brady. I am not sure how well it will work out for either side. There is now QB in waiting for the Pats. Brady is about done, I don't know how a 17 game season will play out for him

Joemailman
03-17-2020, 12:03 PM
Panthers signing Bridgewater. Reports 20 million per year. Cam Newton given permission to seek trade.

mraynrand
03-17-2020, 12:18 PM
Panthers signing Bridgewater. Reports 20 million per year. Cam Newton given permission to seek trade.

Who’s in the market for an inaccurate QB?

Joemailman
03-17-2020, 12:21 PM
Bears signing DE Robert Quinn to 5 year 70 million contract. Bears are releasing Leonard Floyd.

Anti-Polar Bear
03-17-2020, 12:33 PM
Packers sign Jake Kumerow 1 year 675,000.

Praise white Jesus and the real moorish Jesus. I was worried the Packers had signed the Sloth.

gbgary
03-17-2020, 12:55 PM
after yesterday's hole plugging, and today's tenders, they're down to $1.49m...that's before any cuts or money moving.

https://www.packerforum.com/proxy.php?image=https%3A%2F%2Fpbs.twimg.com%2Fmedi a%2FETVCklNXQAAK7ML%3Fformat%3Dpng%26name%3Dsmall&hash=f9fa54976ff31a47d00d1f58ac23caac

mraynrand
03-17-2020, 01:09 PM
after yesterday's hole plugging, and today's tenders, they're down to $1.49m...that's before any cuts or money moving.

https://www.packerforum.com/proxy.php?image=https%3A%2F%2Fpbs.twimg.com%2Fmedi a%2FETVCklNXQAAK7ML%3Fformat%3Dpng%26name%3Dsmall&hash=f9fa54976ff31a47d00d1f58ac23caac

You can be in charge of posting the signs at the Lambeau entrances: “Abandon hope, all ye who enter”

texaspackerbacker
03-17-2020, 01:38 PM
I just heard on ESPN that Blake Martinez signed with the Giants.

Anti-Polar Bear
03-17-2020, 01:49 PM

Ty Snow, or his whatever his name is (lb they drafted in the 7th last year), can mimic Martinez at a lot less frogskins.

Martinez’s Kung Fu ain’t anything extraordinary. I’d pop open a 2005 bottle of Twenty Four by Charles Woodson, but I drunk it already in the aftermath of that abomination, Mr. Hyde, signing with Buffalo.

run pMc
03-17-2020, 01:50 PM
Bill O'Brien is smoking crack...although for what the Bills gave up for Diggs you wonder.
Ryan Pace might be as well - depending on how that contract for Quinn is structured. He's a good player and an upgrade over Leonard Floyd in the pass rush, but if he doesn't make it to year 3 of that contract it will look ugly, and given he'll be 30 in May he's already in/past his prime. The Bears extended Eddie Jackson and kept Trevathan, and have TEs Graham and Burton on big contracts.

Pace and Nagy are probably done if they don't win at least 8 games, right?
What about Floyd as Fackrell's replacement? :P

run pMc
03-17-2020, 01:53 PM

Yep. 3/$30M. Good player, good guy, but isn't worth $10M IMO.

mraynrand
03-17-2020, 02:41 PM
Pace and Nagy are probably done if they don't win at least 8 games, right?:P

A playoff win might not be enough.

Joemailman
03-17-2020, 03:07 PM
Colts signing Philip Rivers. About 25 million per year.

Gotarace
03-17-2020, 05:07 PM
Fackrall to the Giants...1 year 4.6 million

Joemailman
03-17-2020, 05:55 PM
Bulaga to Chargers.3 years 30 million.

Gotarace
03-17-2020, 06:35 PM
https://twitter.com/i/status/1240001048191930368

Joemailman
03-17-2020, 07:20 PM
Brady expected to sign with Bucs. He'll be playing for Bruce Arians and will have a better group of receivers than he's had in NE for a long time. This could work if Brady has anything left.

Joemailman
03-17-2020, 09:42 PM
Rob Demovsky
ESPN Staff Writer
Packers will be in good shape for next year's compensatory draft picks. Nick Korte, who tracks potential comp picks for OverTheCap.com, believes they're in line to receive two 2021 fourth-round picks after losing LB Blake Martinez (Giants) and RT Bryan Bulaga (Chargers) plus a sixth rounder for OLB Kyler Fackrell (Giants). Their two signings -- Christian Kirksey and Rick Wagner -- don't count against them because they were cut by their former teams and thus not true unrestricted free agents.

Rob Demovsky
ESPN Staff Writer
No surprise here but the Packers will retain Allen Lazard on the exclusive rights free agent tender, per a source. Started the year on the waiver wire. Ended the season as WR2 for Aaron Rodgers.

Rob Demovsky
ESPN Staff Writer
The Packers also tendered CB Chandon Sullivan as an exclusive rights free agent, according to a source. He played the fourth-most snaps among their corners (32.9 percent) last season.

Rob Demovsky
ESPN Staff Writer
The Packers also have tenderer exclusive rights free agent DT Tyler Lancaster, according to a source. He played the third-most snaps among Green Bay D-linemen (38.1 percent) last season..

Bretsky
03-17-2020, 09:56 PM

I'm happy for BB

He was one touch M'fcker

texaspackerbacker
03-17-2020, 10:52 PM
I'm glad too that Bulaga got the money from somebody else. "one touch M'fcker"? That sounds more like Spriggs or House or some others we've had - one touch and the pass rusher is gone. :-)

call_me_ishmael
03-17-2020, 11:39 PM
Brady expected to sign with Bucs. He'll be playing for Bruce Arians and will have a better group of receivers than he's had in NE for a long time. This could work if Brady has anything left.

I don't get it though. Doesn't Bruce Arians love a QB with a gigantic arm? Brady can barely throw the ball anymore compared to his peers. As good as the talent around him is, I don't see this one working out.

call_me_ishmael
03-17-2020, 11:40 PM
Fackrall to the Giants...1 year 4.6 million

Packers shoulda matched this. Good deal. Maybe Sackrell wants to play more.

call_me_ishmael
03-17-2020, 11:41 PM
Colts signing Philip Rivers. About 25 million per year.

Best team in the AFC now if Phil can get it up?

pbmax
03-18-2020, 09:13 AM

Cap coming in a bit below projection has pushed some of these deals down. More stunned Martinez didn't hit it bigger.

pbmax
03-18-2020, 09:22 AM
Zach Kruse @zachkruse2

Bryan Bulaga was one of the most underrated members of the Packers' sustained run of success. Tough as nails. Respected by everyone. Awesome pass-blocker. Overcame three major injuries over his 10 years in Green Bay and was as good in 2019 as he's ever been.

pbmax
03-18-2020, 09:37 AM
Packers have three comp picks so far.

Martinez is a 4th, Bulaga is a 5th. Fackrell is a 6th.

pbmax
03-18-2020, 09:43 AM
Field Yates @FieldYates
Effective after 4 PM EST today, teams can release players with a post-June 1 designation, which would allow them to spread dead money over two seasons. That will afford teams more money on the 2020 cap as they continue to work through free agency.

Could be the trigger for Lane Taylor to go. Then Snacks Harrison, Linval Joseph, Margus(?) Hunt available for no comp pick cost.

call_me_ishmael
03-18-2020, 10:01 AM
Zach Kruse @zachkruse2

Bryan Bulaga was one of the most underrated members of the Packers' sustained run of success. Tough as nails. Respected by everyone. Awesome pass-blocker. Overcame three major injuries over his 10 years in Green Bay and was as good in 2019 as he's ever been.

It'll be interesting to see how much of his deal is guaranteed. He is a great Packer who will be missed.

Joemailman
03-18-2020, 10:04 AM
Packers have three comp picks so far.

Martinez is a 4th, Bulaga is a 5th. Fackrell is a 6th.

Why is Martinez a 4th and Bulaga only a 5th? Position rank?

pbmax
03-18-2020, 10:08 AM
Why is Martinez a 4th and Bulaga only a 5th? Position rank?

Not sure. I think there is a playing time component to these as well so I doubt the numbers are set in stone. With only 32 comp picks, if any bigger deals are signed, it could push people down too. At one point, BB as a 4th rounder.

https://overthecap.com/draft/

texaspackerbacker
03-18-2020, 12:29 PM
Field Yates @FieldYates
Effective after 4 PM EST today, teams can release players with a post-June 1 designation, which would allow them to spread dead money over two seasons. That will afford teams more money on the 2020 cap as they continue to work through free agency.

Could be the trigger for Lane Taylor to go. Then Snacks Harrison, Linval Joseph, Margus(?) Hunt available for no comp pick cost.

Sounds good. Cut Taylor and get Joseph, first choice, Snacks, second choice.

call_me_ishmael
03-18-2020, 12:40 PM
I would love Joseph on our line. Love it so much. Totally changes the D if he is the same player he was historically in Minnesota.

Keep raiding the discount bin and stock up on those comp picks to make a big swing for Trevor Lawrence next year haha!!

Joemailman
03-18-2020, 12:51 PM
Bears trading a 4th round pick for Nick Foles.

pbmax
03-18-2020, 12:55 PM
i
Bears trading a 4th round pick for Nick Foles.

That is almost a sensible price.

For a guy making a BOATLOAD of money.

His cap numbers are $21, $26 and $27 million in the next three years and $15 mil is guaranteed this year. Woof.

pbmax
03-18-2020, 12:59 PM
Group thinking on Twitter has swayed to Lane Taylor NOT getting cut with post-June 1 designation because he just doesn't have that much bonus money to push forward. Not much more savings at all.

pbmax
03-18-2020, 01:15 PM
mayor of section 509 @BovHahn
Spin zone: the Bears traded 4 draft picks to move up one spot in 2017 to draft a bridge QB between Mike Glennon and Nick Foles. Wooooooooooooof

♫Bear down, Chicago Bears, make every play clear the way to victory;
Bear down, Chicago Bears, put up a fight with a might so fearlessly.
We'll never forget the way you thrilled the nation with your T-formation.
Bear down, Chicago Bears, and let them know why you're wearing the crown.
You're the pride and joy of Illinois, Chicago Bears, bear down.♬

Joemailman
03-18-2020, 01:18 PM
i

That is almost a sensible price.

For a guy making a BOATLOAD of money.

His cap numbers are $21, $26 and $27 million in the next three years and $15 mil is guaranteed this year. Woof.

Actually, it's not that bad for the Bears. Reason is, Jax has to eat all the signing bonus money. Spotrac is showing Jax with 18.75 million dead money due to Foles. Cap hit for Bears will be 15, 20, 20.

pbmax
03-18-2020, 01:19 PM
Actually, it's not that bad for the Bears. Reason is, Jax has to eat all the signing bonus money. Spotrac is showing Jax with 18.75 million dead money due to Foles. Cap hit for Bears will be 15, 20, 20.

Damn, I was ready to gloat for two weeks.

pbmax
03-18-2020, 01:19 PM
Mike Garafolo @MikeGarafolo
#Chargers have agreed with former #Vikings DT Linval Joseph on a two-year, $17 million deal with another $2 million in incentives, sources say.

Joemailman
03-18-2020, 01:24 PM

Don't worry. It's the Bears acquiring a QB. You know how this will turn out.

Smidgeon
03-18-2020, 01:42 PM

You can gloat longer than that. Foles is the Bears QB after all...

smuggler
03-18-2020, 01:42 PM
Bears now have two picks in the top 160 selections of the draft. They're both in the second round, but still... They desperately needed an injection of talent from this draft. And although they do have 5 picks after 160, it seems pretty unlikely to happen.

pbmax
03-18-2020, 02:39 PM
You can gloat longer than that. Foles is the Bears QB after all...

Thinking about it some more, even those lower salary numbers are pretty high after they spent the entire front end of a draft on Pubert.

pbmax
03-18-2020, 02:54 PM
Matt Schneidman @mattschneidman
#Packers who officially become unrestricted free agents at the top of the hour:

-CB Tramon Williams
-RT Jared Veldheer
-WR Geronimo Allison
-TE Marcedes Lewis
-KR/PR Tyler Ervin
-S Ibraheim Campbell
-ILB B.J. Goodson
-WR Ryan Grant
-OT Jason Spriggs

pbmax
03-18-2020, 03:01 PM
ProFootballTalk @ProFootballTalk
Broncos trade a seventh-round pick for Jurrell Casey

This is a good move. I have read some good things about this guy.

smuggler
03-18-2020, 03:15 PM
Look at his numbers. He's like Mike Daniels if Mike Daniels never got hurt or fell off a cliff.

Guiness
03-18-2020, 03:42 PM

-CB Tramon Williams
-RT Jared Veldheer
-WR Geronimo Allison
-TE Marcedes Lewis
-KR/PR Tyler Ervin
-S Ibraheim Campbell
-ILB B.J. Goodson
-WR Ryan Grant
-OT Jason Spriggs

I could've sworn they released him! I think they needed the roster spot for the backup special team gunner.

pbmax
03-18-2020, 04:07 PM
I could've sworn they released him! I think they needed the roster spot for the backup special team gunner.

He was IR but if waived, it never took. He ended up back on the roster after season.

Joemailman
03-18-2020, 04:13 PM
He was IR but if waived, it never took. He ended up back on the roster after season.

I believe he was waived/injured. After clearing waivers, he was placed on IR.

RashanGary
03-18-2020, 04:27 PM
Foles is a great pickup for the bears. That's a perfect contract, less the signing bonus for a solid veteran QB. And the defense has potential to be really good. They have a shot next year .

run pMc
03-18-2020, 04:29 PM
Look at his numbers. He's like Mike Daniels if Mike Daniels never got hurt or fell off a cliff.

He's better than Daniels. He's a 5 time pro bowler. Probably has 1-2 good years left. This is a salary dump move for TEN, probably to keep Henry.
https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/C/CaseJu00.htm

Don't think GB has much cap room left, will be dumpster diving for vet minimums from here.
I'm ok with them keeping Taylor for depth, his contract isn't awful and they might be able to trade him for a late Day 3 pick. Who knows, maybe they try him at RG to challenge Turner.

RashanGary
03-18-2020, 04:30 PM
If I had to guess at what the Packers are gonna do on the OL, I think they trade Lindsley for a conditional pick. Lowest value 6th round. Highest 5th round based on games started.

Patrick starts. Jenkins backup. Taylor backup guard.

run pMc
03-18-2020, 04:35 PM
Foles is a great pickup for the bears. That's a perfect contract, less the signing bonus for a solid veteran QB. And the defense has potential to be really good. They have a shot next year .

Foles is a good pickup and will be good in Nagy's system. What do they do with Mitch though? Are they benching him? I'm sure it will be a "competition" in camp, but management is going to want to see something for that $15M+ weight on the cap.

Quinn adds to their pass rush... they could be a very tough team next year and primed for a bounce-back. They are going all-in, as they have few draft picks (again) and many pricey veterans... that usually means a small window and then you have an old/overpriced/undertalented roster. I suppose if they fail, Pace and Nagy are gone, in which case they won't care they've mortgaged the future.

Teamcheez1
03-18-2020, 07:25 PM
From ESPN.com:

Happy NFL New Year. The following Packers are now free agents: Geronimo Allison, Ibraheim Campbell, Tyler Ervin, B.J. Goodson, Ryan Grant, Marcedes Lewis, Will Redmond, Jason Spriggs, Jared Veldheer, Danny Vitale, Tramon Williams, Malcolm Johnson.

Bretsky
03-18-2020, 09:10 PM
Packers shoulda matched this. Good deal. Maybe Sackrell wants to play more.

They wanna gift wrap the PT to da Baconman

Bretsky
03-18-2020, 09:17 PM

-CB Tramon Williams
-RT Jared Veldheer
-WR Geronimo Allison
-TE Marcedes Lewis
-KR/PR Tyler Ervin
-S Ibraheim Campbell
-ILB B.J. Goodson
-WR Ryan Grant
-OT Jason Spriggs

Saying bye to Geronimo is look overdue

Bretsky
03-18-2020, 09:18 PM
I would like to see T Williams back for another yr

smuggler
03-18-2020, 09:39 PM
Marcedes Lewis wasn't a FA for long. We brought him back. 1 year and $2.25mil

Each of the last two seasons we paid him $2.1mil

According to Spotrac, we're now rocking about $12.3 mil in cap space, or about $4.5 mil if you consider our rookies. Also, gotta say that ARod's $21.6 mil this year looks pretty damn nice relative to some other signal callers in the league.

gbgary
03-18-2020, 09:54 PM
down to $51k in spendable cap left...
twitter.com/KenIngalls/1240455433090789377?s=19 (https://twitter.com/KenIngalls/status/1240455433090789377?s=19)

Bretsky
03-18-2020, 10:48 PM
twitter.com/KenIngalls/1240455433090789377?s=19 (https://twitter.com/KenIngalls/status/1240455433090789377?s=19)

Is Eric Ebron still out there ? Think we could get him on the cheaps ??

Bretsky
03-18-2020, 10:49 PM
If I had to guess at what the Packers are gonna do on the OL, I think they trade Lindsley for a conditional pick. Lowest value 6th round. Highest 5th round based on games started.

Patrick starts. Jenkins backup. Taylor backup guard.

not in love with that idea; Linsley seems like a solid starter. We already downgraded at RT

call_me_ishmael
03-18-2020, 11:12 PM
Is Eric Ebron still out there ? Think we could get him on the cheaps ??

Probably not that cheap but I'd love to do it. This dude screams Gooter Guy to me. Great athlete. Still young. Great production with Andy Luck. If he'd do 1 year, 10M fully guaranteed I would do it in a second.

Hot take: I think it's an easy argument to make that the Packers today are worse than they were in January. I'd like to see a few mid-market moves now that the crazy money stuff is largely over.

smuggler
03-19-2020, 12:06 AM
What ended our hopes of winning in January was porous run defense and inability of receivers to get open. I don't think we've improved in the run defense, but at the very least we're getting EQ St Brown back, which may help in the passing game. Ultimately, a lot will come down to the draft and our 2nd year players (Jace) making a difference.

Anti-Polar Bear
03-19-2020, 03:55 AM

As someone who has passed the Wisconsin CPA exams, believe me when I say that the cap can always be cooked.

pbmax
03-19-2020, 07:10 AM
nm

pbmax
03-19-2020, 07:20 AM
What ended our hopes of winning in January was porous run defense and inability of receivers to get open. I don't think we've improved in the run defense, but at the very least we're getting EQ St Brown back, which may help in the passing game. Ultimately, a lot will come down to the draft and our 2nd year players (Jace) making a difference.

Yep.

I feel like we are treading water here so far. Added the ILB but lost the Swiss Army Knife and Martinez. Better speed but missing another body inside. No Goodson. No Clark signing. No DL help. No Tramon yet.

On offense, it looks like back a half step. Wagner is not Bulaga even if he requires less investment in a backup for health reasons.

Counting on ESQ and Twitter's suddenly reborn star MVS (everyone is posting video of him versus Bears and Broncos) can't be the whole plan on offense.

SudsMcBucky
03-19-2020, 08:10 AM
As someone who has passed the Wisconsin CPA exams, believe me when I say that the cap can always be cooked.

What a waste of your mathematical talents working at the BK.

Anti-Polar Bear
03-19-2020, 08:18 AM
What a waste of your mathematical talents working at the BK.

It's called alienation. Capitalists won't hire me to cook their books.

oldbutnotdeadyet
03-19-2020, 09:38 AM
So the other thing to consider is are we at the peak of player salaries and signings? The stock market seems to think so. I am not sure how we exit this coronavirus thing with anything close to the old economy or player contract levels. Maybe Packers are being REALLY smart here.

Fritz
03-19-2020, 10:16 AM
Yep.

I feel like we are treading water here so far. Added the ILB but lost the Swiss Army Knife and Martinez. Better speed but missing another body inside. No Goodson. No Clark signing. No DL help. No Tramon yet.

On offense, it looks like back a half step. Wagner is not Bulaga even if he requires less investment in a backup for health reasons.

Counting on ESQ and Twitter's suddenly reborn star MVS (everyone is posting video of him versus Bears and Broncos) can't be the whole plan on offense.

I think Gute's plan is to stock up via the draft. He'll have to do a whole lot better than his first draft, which produced Jaire Alexander and a bunch of guys. His second draft looks better - Savage and Elgton Jenkins, maybe Sternberger plus a backup OLB/DT named Gary.

bobblehead
03-19-2020, 12:12 PM

-CB Tramon Williams
-RT Jared Veldheer
-WR Geronimo Allison
-TE Marcedes Lewis
-KR/PR Tyler Ervin
-S Ibraheim Campbell
-ILB B.J. Goodson
-WR Ryan Grant
-OT Jason Spriggs

I don't see us missing anyone on that list. Bulaga is likely to be the only guy we miss.