PDA

View Full Version : Official 2020 Free Agency Thread

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4

bobblehead
03-19-2020, 12:15 PM
He's better than Daniels. He's a 5 time pro bowler. Probably has 1-2 good years left. This is a salary dump move for TEN, probably to keep Henry.
https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/C/CaseJu00.htm

Don't think GB has much cap room left, will be dumpster diving for vet minimums from here.
I'm ok with them keeping Taylor for depth, his contract isn't awful and they might be able to trade him for a late Day 3 pick. Who knows, maybe they try him at RG to challenge Turner.

Or maybe he reclaims his job at LG while "the center" moves to RT.

bobblehead
03-19-2020, 12:21 PM
I think Gute's plan is to stock up via the draft. He'll have to do a whole lot better than his first draft, which produced Jaire Alexander and a bunch of guys. His second draft looks better - Savage and Elgton Jenkins, maybe Sternberger plus a backup OLB/DT named Gary.

So far I have seen a decent CB and a really good G for 2 drafts worth of talent. I have seen 2 guys earn their FA money, while 2 definitely didn't and amos is somewhat close to earning it. I miss Ted.

pbmax
03-19-2020, 12:43 PM
I don't see us missing anyone on that list. Bulaga is likely to be the only guy we miss.

Given health histories, I am worried about not have Tramontana. Also don't want to lose Swervin' Ervin.

wist43
03-19-2020, 01:25 PM
So far I have seen a decent CB and a really good G for 2 drafts worth of talent. I have seen 2 guys earn their FA money, while 2 definitely didn't and amos is somewhat close to earning it. I miss Ted.

I think Savage and Keke are players; and, I like the RB Williams from last years draft.

2018, Alexander and Scott are legit. Jury is still out on St. Brown. Jackson is middling, Valdez-Scantling has produced some. Moore was a whiff.

Oren Burks was a huge whiff... he should be cut this year.

Throw in his FA work, and I think Gute is light years better than Ted.

pbmax
03-19-2020, 01:28 PM
I think Savage and Keke are players; and, I like the RB Williams from last years draft.

2018, Alexander and Scott are legit. Jury is still out on St. Brown. Jackson is middling, Valdez-Scantling has produced some. Moore was a whiff.

Josh Jackson? More disappointing than middling.

Not sure about KeKe either. Savage will be good. Not Collings sideline to sideline speed, but at a minimum not a hole in the deep middle of the defense.

mraynrand
03-19-2020, 02:06 PM

It's interesting that he's become pretty valuable on special teams. Packers have kept guys in the past only for that purpose. Notably Marcus Wilson, Travis Jervey, and Janis Joplin.

mraynrand
03-19-2020, 02:08 PM
Savage will be good. Not Collings sideline to sideline speed, but at a minimum not a hole in the deep middle of the defense.

His guidance tracking software went south after the injury. Hopefully he gets an upgrade along with the physical recovery.

pbmax
03-19-2020, 02:08 PM
It's interesting that he's become pretty valuable on special teams. Packers have kept guys in the past only for that purpose. Notably Marcus Wilson, Travis Jervey, and Janis Joplin.

You forgot Ann and Nancy Wilson.

mraynrand
03-19-2020, 02:11 PM

That's quite a pair, if you get my drift...

mraynrand
03-19-2020, 02:14 PM

I could have mentioned Jarrett Bush, but I only do that to annoy the Skinbasket. Since he ain't here, what's the point.

pbmax
03-19-2020, 03:03 PM
I could have mentioned Jarrett Bush, but I only do that to annoy the Skinbasket. Since he ain't here, what's the point.

I thought Skin's bugbear was Atari Bigby? The big hitter who mostly whiffed :)

I thought someone else was not enamored of Bush's gift(s).

pbmax
03-19-2020, 03:08 PM
We meet again, for the last time Buzz Lightyear!

Mike Garafolo @MikeGarafolo
#Rams are also releasing LB Clay Matthews, source says

Tom Silverstein @TomSilverstein
There is an option at ILB for the #Packers. Should have re-signed him for that a year ago. Wouldn't be an expensive signing if they can convince him to come back.

smuggler
03-19-2020, 03:10 PM
I'd be happy to have Clay back if the price is right. We could do much worse at ILB. His best days are behind him, but he played pretty well with Donald with the Rams. Missed time but from a broken jaw, which is a more flukey injury.

pbmax
03-19-2020, 03:12 PM
ig: josinaanderson @JosinaAnderson
I’m told S Will Redmond has agreed to terms with the #Packers, per source.

Joemailman
03-19-2020, 03:41 PM
Todd Gurley released.

call_me_ishmael
03-19-2020, 03:43 PM
How do the Rams have such fucking cap problems? They have a garbage system QB, never shoulda paid that homeboy.

Hot take: Any QB that isn't truly elite should be paid like a backup or on a rookie deal. Never would I ever sign a shit player like Rams Fuckface to a decent sized contract. You ain't winning with that guy slingin' the rock unless your team is chalk full of talent.

smuggler
03-19-2020, 04:02 PM
Counterpoint: Pats 2018 trophy and Peyton Manning Broncos ring when both QBs played like shit.

run pMc
03-19-2020, 04:37 PM
How do the Rams have such fucking cap problems? They have a garbage system QB, never shoulda paid that homeboy.

Hot take: Any QB that isn't truly elite should be paid like a backup or on a rookie deal. Never would I ever sign a shit player like Rams Fuckface to a decent sized contract. You ain't winning with that guy slingin' the rock unless your team is chalk full of talent.

Rams have cap problems because everybody on their team is getting paid. Jalen Ramsey, Aaron Donald, Jared Cook, Brandin Cooks, Gurley, Fowler... just a crazy roster. Gurley's got an arthritic knee and he'll never be the same. The contract extension they gave him was crazy money, and Goff got a fat contract on smoke mirrors, and a very good year last year. He's not an elite QB, he's a middling QB with a great arm. Doesn't handle pressure anywhere near as good as the best QBs do.

There are a lot of mediocre QBs getting paid a truckload of money.

texaspackerbacker
03-19-2020, 04:50 PM
Sign Clay Matthews! He'd be more of a "Swiss Army Knife" than Fackrell ever was, and almost certainly cheaper. And I say that as somebody who always had a high opinion of Fackrell.

Deputy Nutz
03-19-2020, 05:00 PM
Fuck Clay Matthews

SkinBasket
03-19-2020, 06:02 PM
Fuck Clay Matthews

You would have choked on his dick 7 years ago with a smile on your face.

SkinBasket
03-19-2020, 06:05 PM
I thought Skin's bugbear was Atari Bigby? The big hitter who mostly whiffed :)

I thought someone else was not enamored of Bush's gift(s).

Someone here still loves my memory. But yeah, I kind of hated them both. But if I had to chose one to die from Kung flu, it would be Partial. Then Bigby. Then Oprah. Then probably Bush.

Joemailman
03-19-2020, 06:14 PM
Todd Gurley II

@TG3II
Damn I got fired on my day off�� #QuaratineAndChill

3:29 PM - Mar 19, 2020

Deputy Nutz
03-19-2020, 06:26 PM
You would have choked on his dick 7 years ago with a smile on your face.

You motherfucker, you have always known how I felt about Clay Matthews

gbgary
03-19-2020, 07:54 PM
As someone who has passed the Wisconsin CPA exams, believe me when I say that the cap can always be cooked.

sure. cut players and move money like they did with rodgers earlier. the smiths are good candidates for this.

Bretsky
03-19-2020, 08:29 PM
Someone here still loves my memory. But yeah, I kind of hated them both. But if I had to chose one to die from Kung flu, it would be Partial. Then Bigby. Then Oprah. Then probably Bush.

f'ck; I thought this guy died or was permanantly living at B@@by bars. How's it hangin Skin ?

Bretsky
03-19-2020, 08:31 PM
Probably not that cheap but I'd love to do it. This dude screams Gooter Guy to me. Great athlete. Still young. Great production with Andy Luck. If he'd do 1 year, 10M fully guaranteed I would do it in a second.

Hot take: I think it's an easy argument to make that the Packers today are worse than they were in January. I'd like to see a few mid-market moves now that the crazy money stuff is largely over.

I wonder if Ebron has a SHIT attittude.

WHY would the Bears sign F'ckin Jimmmmmy for eight mil a year over Ebron ????????/

Bretsky
03-19-2020, 08:35 PM
Given health histories, I am worried about not have Tramontana. Also don't want to lose Swervin' Ervin.

I want Tramon too; And Ervin is a minimum wage guy we should bring back

QBME
03-19-2020, 08:38 PM
Fuck Clay Matthews

Amen.

Bretsky
03-19-2020, 08:39 PM

Burks probably made more plays than MVS last year; maybe 2 to 1; both of them suck at this point. Jackson as a second rounder is not as bad at Beconman at pick 12 but both are shit stains so far. Gute's FA work is better then Ted's cause he takes some swings to offset the weaknesses. But his drafts....ok at best.

Tony Oday
03-19-2020, 08:54 PM
CMIII at ILB and Ebron at TE.

texaspackerbacker
03-19-2020, 08:58 PM
CMIII at ILB and Ebron at TE.

+ 1 to that

Fosco33
03-19-2020, 09:19 PM
Hell no to cm3

smuggler
03-19-2020, 11:07 PM
What is with all the CMIII hate? I am more on the side of the hall that don't want to sign him, but he made $3mil last year. It's not exactly a big risk.

mraynrand
03-20-2020, 12:06 AM

Why do I still love you? Why do I still hate you?

https://external-content.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=http%3A%2F%2F4.bp.blogspot.com%2F_cIEJkD82e60%2 FTKUq2M0wGeI%2FAAAAAAAAD8o%2FjC2I2fK6E5M%2Fs1600%2 FAkbar-and-Jeff.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

Zool
03-20-2020, 12:39 AM

This Beetlejuice MFer shows up after you say his name. Hows things basket o'skin.

texaspackerbacker
03-20-2020, 01:01 AM
What is with all the CMIII hate? I am more on the side of the hall that don't want to sign him, but he made $3mil last year. It's not exactly a big risk.

He only made $3 million? And presumably could be signed for less this year? Absolutely we should sign him.

I ask too, what's with all the hate? He didn't really part on bad terms; He pretty much lived up to the relatively big contract he had.

RashanGary
03-20-2020, 01:25 AM
I hope clay manages to get 8.5 more sacks. 100 gives him a barely outside shot at the HOF

pbmax
03-20-2020, 07:51 AM
The problem with Matthews at ILB has been covered before.

1. First, he is given credit for the turnaround of that 2014 defense. But Perry getting to start opposite Peppers was a larger reason, Perry was a stone wall against the run that year and his decent pressure on the edge made Matthews crashing into the backfield on blitzes work better on pass rush.

2. He isn't a particularly instinctual player and prefers to anticipate or guess and chase. Hence his problems with anything that looked like an option. That isn't a good trait at ILB. Especially since his running mate would be the guy with speed to get to the outside. You might be able to counter them both to death.

3. He sometimes prefers to run around blockers, which can cause multiple problems inside if you don't get home.

That said, he is a big body and was at times willing to take on guys. He is also willing to chase and his speed is good. If he was willing to plug some gaps and let Kirksey roam, he might help. But I wonder if $3 mil could get you someone more fitted to the position.

pbmax
03-20-2020, 07:53 AM

I loved the dozens of attempts to come up with a nickname for Bigby to mock his reputation as a hitter.

pbmax
03-20-2020, 09:23 AM
New from JSOnline and PackersNews: Ha Ha Clinton-Dix to reunite with Mike McCarthy, sign with Dallas Cowboys https://ift.tt/3abDFsc #Packers

SudsMcBucky
03-20-2020, 10:49 AM
I wonder if Ebron has a SHIT attittude.

WHY would the Bears sign F'ckin Jimmmmmy for eight mil a year over Ebron ????????/

I have heard reports that he is a terrible locker room guy.

texaspackerbacker
03-20-2020, 01:33 PM
I think you're giving Perry too much credit and Matthews too little, pbm. If we signed Matthews now, he wouldn't be an every down player barring injuries. He would basically be doing what Fackrell did - a little of this, a little of that. In his last year or two with the Packers, I liked him a lot better at ILB than OLB. I think it's safe to say, though, he'd be better than Fackrell either place - for a year or two anyway.

pbmax
03-20-2020, 02:47 PM
I think you're giving Perry too much credit and Matthews too little, pbm. If we signed Matthews now, he wouldn't be an every down player barring injuries. He would basically be doing what Fackrell did - a little of this, a little of that. In his last year or two with the Packers, I liked him a lot better at ILB than OLB. I think it's safe to say, though, he'd be better than Fackrell either place - for a year or two anyway.

He was a mess inside early. He admitted he just wasn't familiar with the position or his keys. It took him the bye week to get somewhat straightened out. Ask Nutz, sometimes he was just running around back there. But he could hold his ground, chase and pursue. He also wasn't afraid to jump across the line looking for a TFL.

But the run D improved almost immediately with Perry out there. Perry was a disappointment overall for a #1, but he has his strengths. He could hold an edge like no one else. He was almost the rare two gapping 3-4 OLB. Perry made the run D better and when Matthews got comfortable, that D climbed all the way to average by the end of the year.

pbmax
03-20-2020, 04:59 PM
Ian Rapoport @RapSheet
Source: The #Steelers are signing TE Eric Ebron to a 2-year deal worth $12M. Another target for Big Ben.

Bretsky
03-20-2020, 06:45 PM
Ian Rapoport @RapSheet
Source: The #Steelers are signing TE Eric Ebron to a 2-year deal worth $12M. Another target for Big Ben.

DAM

DEAR GOOTER..............

DELANIE WALKER is better than anybody on our roster even though he is old

Joemailman
03-20-2020, 07:18 PM
Not just old, but been hurt the last 2 years. Before that he was probably one of the top 10 TE's in the NFL. Have to wonder if he's got much left. I'd be okay with signing him as long as there's little guaranteed money.

smuggler
03-20-2020, 07:46 PM
His ankle injury was devastating. The kind of injury that a lot of young guys never recover from. He suffered it two years ago. Dude's done, most likely.

Joemailman
03-20-2020, 10:18 PM
Danny Vitale going to Patriots.

smuggler
03-20-2020, 10:23 PM
Vitale was an interesting talent, but even in our offense fullbacks don't get used. Sad to see him go, but it won't impact the offense too much.

pbmax
03-21-2020, 07:30 AM
Maybe, but losing Vitale just seems like losing a valuable piece of offensive talent. Underused and probably a failure of the offense.

pbmax
03-21-2020, 07:30 AM
Adam Schefter @AdamSchefter
Emmanuel Sanders had appealing NFC options. Sanders spoke with the Dallas Cowboys and the Green Bay Packers, but preferred to wind up with the New Orleans Saints, where he land d a two-year, $16 million deal worth up to $19 million.

Deputy Nutz
03-21-2020, 09:24 AM
That's just to pricey of a tag for the Packer right now. They will have to get better at wide receiver through the draft and with guys they currently have on the roster

Bretsky
03-21-2020, 09:29 AM
I have heard reports that he is a terrible locker room guy.

That would make sense; 6MIL/yr is a good value for Ebron IMO. Dude seems to have very natural talent

Bretsky
03-21-2020, 09:30 AM
Perriman would not be a bad signing

wist43
03-21-2020, 10:24 AM
Perriman would not be a bad signing

I was wondering about him... has he been linked to anyone yet??

Joemailman
03-21-2020, 10:38 AM
Another guy is Taylor Gabriel. Wouldn't count against in comp pick formula as Bears released him. Had 2 concussions last year so that may be hurting him. Limited to 9 games last year.

Bretsky
03-21-2020, 01:18 PM
I was wondering about him... has he been linked to anyone yet??

Have not hear anything on him; wonder what he'll get..5MIL/Yr ?

Joemailman
03-21-2020, 01:22 PM
There are reports that Bucs are now focused on bringing back Perriman now that they have the Brady contract settled.

Bretsky
03-21-2020, 01:35 PM
There are reports that Bucs are now focused on bringing back Perriman now that they have the Brady contract settled.

https://dairylandexpress.com/2020/03/19/green-bay-packers-5-affordable-free-agents-remaining/

Gotarace
03-21-2020, 02:21 PM
https://dairylandexpress.com/2020/03/19/green-bay-packers-5-affordable-free-agents-remaining/

Tyler Ervin RB/KR
Tyler Ervin was a midseason addition that provided the Packers with a huge and much-needed boost in the return game. But as the season progressed he also became a versatile weapon in LaFleur’s offense being used out of the backfield, on jet sweeps and lining up out wide.

At the NFL Combine, LaFleur talked about the importance of having a third running back option in 2020 and Ervin can provide them with someone who isn’t going to be expensive, he knows the offense and with his skill set, he can be a matchup nightmare for opposing defenses.

With the complete Shit Show the Return Game was without him you would thing this would be a Priority Signing.

pbmax
03-21-2020, 04:35 PM
Would you rather have: the two-year, $13 million roll of the dice on Kirksey. He is gettin $4 million guaranteed.

OR

Nick Kwiatkoski joined Las Vegas from Chicago with a three-year, $21 million contract. That’s $7 million per season with $13.5 million guaranteed.

HarveyWallbangers
03-21-2020, 05:03 PM
Would you rather have: the two-year, $13 million roll of the dice on Kirksey. He is gettin $4 million guaranteed.

OR

Nick Kwiatkoski joined Las Vegas from Chicago with a three-year, $21 million contract. That’s $7 million per season with $13.5 million guaranteed.

Tough one. Probably Kwiatowski. That number was lower than I expected. I do like the Kirksey signing over the rest though. He has as much or more potential than the other ILBs. Just hope he stays healthy.

red
03-21-2020, 06:40 PM
Emmanuel Sanders had appealing NFC options. Sanders spoke with the Dallas Cowboys and the Green Bay Packers, but preferred to wind up with the New Orleans Saints, where he land d a two-year, $16 million deal worth up to $19 million.

Damnit!

texaspackerbacker
03-21-2020, 07:52 PM
I'm glad we went with Kirksey over Kwiakowski.

Also, no way we should pay big for Sanders or any FA WR when there are so many good WRs in the draft this year.

Patler
03-21-2020, 09:00 PM

OR

Definitely Kirksey:

- better player
- shorter commitment, less guarantee, more flexibility
- no more expensive on a per year basis
- glowing endorsement from Joe Thomas:

“The respect that I have for Kirko goes beyond just what he is as a player. And I think he’s a fantastic player,” Thomas said about the new Packers talent. “He’s not your biggest linebacker, but he’s one of the biggest hitters I’ve ever been around. He’s so bright. He’s so smart. He was always the quarterback of that defense. He’s played for Mike Pettine in that defense before, so he’s got incredible familiarity, and I think that was a big reason why they were excited to sign him because they know he’s going to be a great fit.”

pbmax
03-22-2020, 07:51 AM
Definitely Kirksey:

- better player
- shorter commitment, less guarantee, more flexibility
- no more expensive on a per year basis
- glowing endorsement from Joe Thomas:

I like Joe Thomas, but I am not sure how impartial he is as an evaluator.

Still, health is my main point. if he plays most games, he was a good investment. If he is not healthy, they are much worse off.

I am not in gbgary's camp that considers Rodgers contract a death sentence and they also spent big to fix pass rush last year. But I am not sure signing risky starters is the best move now. Run defense can be had on the cheap. But a truly effective 3 down ILB is going to cost you and I wonder if a back loaded contract wouldn't have been a better move overall for the short term.

The more I think about this, the more I think they might be expecting internal improvements on the offense and go ILB in the draft.

Bretsky
03-22-2020, 09:30 AM

Still, health is my main point. if he plays most games, he was a good investment. If he is not healthy, they are much worse off.

I am not in gbgary's camp that considers Rodgers contract a death sentence and they also spent big to fix pass rush last year. But I am not sure signing risky starters is the best move now. Run defense can be had on the cheap. But a truly effective 3 down ILB is going to cost you and I wonder if a back loaded contract wouldn't have been a better move overall for the short term.

The more I think about this, the more I think they might be expecting internal improvements on the offense and go ILB in the draft.

Packers were reportedlyone of three team in on Sanders +

pbmax
03-22-2020, 11:53 AM
Packers were reportedlyone of three team in on Sanders +

Yeah. But they also talked to Kwiaktoski and Littleton. Though the Sanders report is the only one I have read that might be interpreted as then having agreed to his numbers or made an offer and then dropped out.

So their budget might force their draft hand. They can't even get Goodson back and call it an ben hand with room for improvement from a healthy Kirksey. They are down starting bodies.

pbmax
03-22-2020, 12:41 PM
Who is his agent?

Field Yates @FieldYates
Breaking down Jimmy Graham's two-year, $16M deal with the Bears: $6M signing bonus, $3M 2020 base salary (guaranteed). 2021: $6.9M base salary, $100K workout bonus. Plus incentives to up the ante and a rare no-trade clause.

Evan Silva @evansilva
Trading *up* for Mitch Trubisky
Mike Glennon for $20 million a year
Nick Foles for a fourth-round pick
Jimmy Graham for $8 million a year and a no-trade clause (wtf?)

The #Bears specialize in bidding against themselves.

run pMc
03-22-2020, 01:06 PM
I wouldn't have wanted Sanders at that price. He'll be a decent fit as a proven vet and the #2 to Michael Thomas (who will pretty much garner double coverage). A vet WR might help them out (a rookie WR is gonna struggle) if ESB and MVS don't make a leap, but I don't like any of the options out there. Perriman is a half-season wonder, and Robby Anderson will cost a lot for what he does. Taylor Gabriel is a little guy and those kind of receiver break down fast (and I think he's starting to). It's still relatively early -- there will be cuts and trades and someone might shake loose. All these WRs in the draft will have teams evaluating their current WR group and looking for ways to improve their price : production : potential

I don't know what Ryan Pace and the Bears saw in Jimmy that made them offer him a contract like that. I don't think anyone else was going to offer that kind of money, and Jimmy's a good guy but he's not going to produce the kind of numbers he did 5 years ago. They have a ton of TE's - maybe they are trying to raise the competition or something. They have a couple of TEs (e.g., Dax Reymond) who could be decent developmental guys, so I really don't know. They whiffed on Adam Sheehan (who was a risk/reach as a R2 pick from a small school) and Trey Burton has been hurt, but I think their issue is at QB & OL, not WR/TE. With their defense I certainly wouldn't count them out, but I wonder what their roster is going to look like in a year or two when the contracts start to add up and they have to cut/renegotiate because the production on guys slips or injuries mount. I guess they are counting on huge jumps in the cap, which is possible under the new CBA.

The Kirksey vs. Kwiatkoski question is a good one. I'm 50/50 on that one, mostly because Kirksey has been hurt. He's not a small guy (6-2, 235) for ILB but I don't know if those are freak accidents or if he's breaking down. He passed his physical and if he's healthy and MLF's regimen can keep him that way he's a much better signing at that price than Kwiiatkoski (who I like a lot). Interesting fact: Nick's nearest comparable on playerprofile is....Christian Kirskey.
https://www.playerprofiler.com/nfl/nick-kwiatkoski/

Fritz
03-23-2020, 12:52 PM
Who is his agent?

Field Yates @FieldYates
Breaking down Jimmy Graham's two-year, $16M deal with the Bears: $6M signing bonus, $3M 2020 base salary (guaranteed). 2021: $6.9M base salary, $100K workout bonus. Plus incentives to up the ante and a rare no-trade clause.

Evan Silva @evansilva
Trading *up* for Mitch Trubisky
Mike Glennon for $20 million a year
Nick Foles for a fourth-round pick
Jimmy Graham for $8 million a year and a no-trade clause (wtf?)

The #Bears specialize in bidding against themselves.

I thought the recent JSO article about how free agency moves would reshape the NFC North in the Bears' favor was ridiculous. So getting Nick Foles and his big contract to replace Trubitchsky, for whom they mortgaged the future, and signing a 30 year old Robert Quinn but letting Leonard Floyd go makes them the favorite in the NFC North? What?

smuggler
03-23-2020, 02:01 PM
Their biggest issue is, and has always been QB. If Foles is reasonably capable as a starter, they may make the playoffs. If he shows glimpses of 2013 or 2017, they may take the division. But those are pretty big ifs.

That said, they have very little draft capital this year in the most meaningful rounds of the draft and they do not have a particularly good O-line. It seems more likely they'll go 4-12 than 12-4.

bobblehead
03-23-2020, 02:45 PM

But you (and many here) think injury is fluky and unpredictable. I think it has to do with preparedness, but if it is fluky (and honestly, some are) then we should assume he and Blake have a similar chance of suffering injury NEXT season. If that is the case, we got a bargain.

call_me_ishmael
03-24-2020, 01:02 AM
I think the Packers signed somebody and haven't announced it yet. The players keep tweeting out the "eyes" emoji. Low key reminds me of when they signed Julius Pepperoni. Although I truly don't think anyone knew that was happening and I don't recall any eye emojis. Man that was a great surprise to wake up to.

smuggler
03-24-2020, 03:27 AM
Yeah, I think it's Tramon.

Tony Oday
03-24-2020, 09:08 AM
If it isn't a WR then I could care less.

pbmax
03-24-2020, 02:12 PM
Ian Rapoport @RapSheet

The #Seahawks are signing WR Phillip Dorsett on a 1-year deal, source said. A former #Patriots WR has a new home.

pbmax
03-24-2020, 05:59 PM
Tom Pelissero @TomPelissero
The #Packers are expected to sign WR Devin Funchess, per sources. A big body on the perimeter for Aaron Rodgers.

WHY?

wist43
03-24-2020, 06:53 PM
The #Packers are expected to sign WR Devin Funchess, per sources. A big body on the perimeter for Aaron Rodgers.

WHY?

I'm with ya on that one... why??

Joemailman
03-24-2020, 07:15 PM
I'll be interested to see what the money is. If healthy, he's an upgrade over Kumerow and MVS. He's just never lived up to his billing though, with just 1 good season.

Teamcheez1
03-24-2020, 07:44 PM
I'll be interested to see what the money is. If healthy, he's an upgrade over Kumerow and MVS. He's just never lived up to his billing though, with just 1 good season.

This just shows me that Kumerow, ESB, MVS, and Funchess are all competing for a limited number of roster spots. Throw in at least 2 draft picks and UDFA's along with Adams, and you have 8-9 guys competing for 5-6 slots.

Patler
03-24-2020, 08:17 PM

WHY?

Wasn't he a tight end for much of his college career?
Might they be thinking of a hybrid WR/TE role for him?

Otherwise, he doesn't excite me much.

Joemailman
03-24-2020, 08:28 PM
Wasn't he a tight end for much of his college career?
Might they be thinking of a hybrid WR/TE role for him?

Otherwise, he doesn't excite me much.At the combine he weighed over 230 and there was talk of him as a TE.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2015/profiles/devin-funchess?id=2552458

Has mismatch-caliber size, but lack of vertical talent and below-average hands might negate the size to an extent. Funchess was used outside and inside at Michigan and had success from the slot. He has the feel of a hybrid player who can be a big guy at wide receiver or a mismatch nightmare as a move tight end with more weight on his rangy frame.

texaspackerbacker
03-24-2020, 08:29 PM
I'll go with the "why?" also. If he get him, I hope he is damn cheap. I really didn't want a FA WR signed. I still want a speed guy drafted about the second or third round. I'll be rooting for MVS, ESB, and Kumerow to step up and beat this guy for spots. Is Allison for sure gone?

I don't recall Funchess playing TE in college, but maybe. If he switches to TE, I might be less negative about this move.

GB-Brandon
03-24-2020, 09:27 PM
Good signing with Funches!!! Good upside potential in our system. Rodgers will be hands down the best QB he has ever had.

Got Get Reagor and Cephus now and we’ll be set!

HarveyWallbangers
03-24-2020, 09:43 PM
Funchess is underwhelming, but he does have a 800 yard, 8 TD season. Newton's accuracy has been pretty spotty the last few years and probably hasn't helped his efficiency numbers.

mraynrand
03-24-2020, 10:45 PM
Funchess is used to grabbing passes thrown low and behind. Also can relate to Rodgers re: broken collarbone. With Geronimo likely out the door and MVS on thin ice, prob need a versatile big guy.

smuggler
03-24-2020, 11:36 PM
Gotta think Funchess is replacing Graham, rather than Lazard. I have to admit, this is the Gute signing I am least optimistic about. I will wait to see the contract details, but on the surface it raises more questions about the Front Office than it answers about the roster...

HarveyWallbangers
03-25-2020, 01:41 AM
Gotta think Funchess is replacing Graham, rather than Lazard. I have to admit, this is the Gute signing I am least optimistic about. I will wait to see the contract details, but on the surface it raises more questions about the Front Office than it answers about the roster...

I doubt the deal is for much money. My guess is that this is a low risk roll of the dice.

For the Cephus fans, Funchess was almost as slow as Cephus at the combine, but he ran 4.48 at his Pro Day. (I don't trust Pro Day times.) He doesn't get a lot of separation, but it's not like watching Mike Williams looking like he's pulling a trailer. He has good ball skills and makes a ton of difficult catches. He's had drop issues, but his catches have a high degree of difficulty and I think it's more correctable than MVS and his complete lack of ball skills. He's similar to Lazard in a lot of ways.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zx9GAOYkBWE

Anti-Polar Bear
03-25-2020, 04:00 AM
Why Funchess? He's an upgrade over the Sloth is a good enough reason.

Looks like a poor man's, black man's Jordy Nelson. Excels at the slant. Can do the back shoulder.

run pMc
03-25-2020, 07:32 AM
They'll sign him because he's cheap and he's a veteran so he won't take as long to get up to speed with the playbook and the pro game. With practices and camps affected by COVID-19 that's important.
He also pushes the other middling guys and gives them another option. Agree with others saying he's like Lazard and that there will be 8+ guys playing for 5 spots. He's not a TE, but he might run some of the routes Jimmy ran when they split him out wide.
He's only 25 so he's in his prime, but he is what he is at this point: a #3 WR who replaces Allison and competes with Lazard/MVS/ESB for time.

pbmax
03-25-2020, 08:04 AM
I don't think the trend of big wide receivers is doing this offense any favors. I hope its not a new cutoff line that they will call analytics.

pbmax
03-25-2020, 08:15 AM
One thing to note about Funchess: his catch percentages are terrible. In 2018, he ranked 64th in the NFC, bringing in just 55.7% of the throws his way. In ’17, he ranked 56th in the NFC at 56.8%.

Teamcheez1
03-25-2020, 08:53 AM
I don't think any of the Carolina receivers had high catch percentages with the QB's they had throwing to them.

This is a low risk move. Funchess will either play more like a hybrid TE/WR (we're not really stocked at TE or WR), or he will have an opportunity to beat out one of our pedestrian receivers. It's a win/win move to create some competition.

Deputy Nutz
03-25-2020, 09:36 AM
I think the Packers offense likes big physical receivers to play the Y-off or a "tight" to the emolos type of slot for blocking in the Packers zone scheme. I don't know much about him, but whatever. The Packers are active in free agency, he isn't gonna cost much

pbmax
03-25-2020, 10:09 AM
I think the Packers offense likes big physical receivers to play the Y-off or a "tight" to the emolos type of slot for blocking in the Packers zone scheme. I don't know much about him, but whatever. The Packers are active in free agency, he isn't gonna cost much

Could be, but this is more than the coach and his offense. Shannahan's offense used Gabriel as slot receiver and they weren't worried about his size for blocking.

This is Gute and he mentioned it before he had to accommodate a new offense with LaFleur coming in. The GM is sold on this approach.

smuggler
03-25-2020, 11:13 AM
In the video Harvey posted above you can see why the Panthers are done with Cam. His ball has no zip whatsoever. Watching Rodgers throw and then Cam back to back is like putting the ball in slow motion. Granted Rodgers is the extreme example, but (drops aside) I don't worry about any Panther's catch percentage with Cam throwing. He consistently turned open opportunities into contested catch attempts because he's got the noodle arm.

I feel a bit bad for him, but it was his style of play that did it. Everyone was saying that from the day he was drafted.

That said, I'm still not too thrilled with signing Funchess.

pbmax
03-25-2020, 12:19 PM
Jeremy Fowler @JFowlerESPN
Before agreeing to terms with Devin Funchess, the Packers also showed interest in Demarcus Robinson, an intriguing second-wave option with 449 yards/4 TD and a ring with KC last year.

Fritz
03-25-2020, 12:22 PM
Before agreeing to terms with Devin Funchess, the Packers also showed interest in Demarcus Robinson, an intriguing second-wave option with 449 yards/4 TD and a ring with KC last year.

Funchess did indeed play tight end most of the time at Michigan.

Yawn. Anther guy whose hype was bigger than his production.

pbmax
03-25-2020, 12:31 PM
At this point, I would not be surprised if they were converting him.

Fritz
03-25-2020, 12:32 PM
Back to tight end? Or H-back?

pbmax
03-25-2020, 12:45 PM
Back to tight end? Or H-back?

I just expect to be disappointed with the offensive plan from the GM perspective. He surprised me with Elgton LEEEEROY Jenkins, but otherwise I haven't been thrilled.

And there is nothing in this world more disappointing than an offseason position switch*. College or pro.

I know he is handicapped by vets and had to help the D first. But waiting is boring from a fan's point of view.

*Less so in college (Watt, Shields) but mostly seems like a letdown at all times.

pbmax
03-25-2020, 12:51 PM
IT COULD ALWAYS BE WORSE

Peter Bukowski @Peter_Bukowski

For all the talk about consistency, hands and drops:

Devin Funches career drop rate: 7.2%
Robby Anderson career drop rate: 8.6%

HarveyWallbangers
03-25-2020, 01:26 PM

Robinson would have been intriguing, but he has some character concerns.

HarveyWallbangers
03-25-2020, 01:28 PM
Funchess did indeed play tight end most of the time at Michigan.

Yawn. Anther guy whose hype was bigger than his production.

He was actually pretty productive at TE for Michigan (700+ yards and 6 TDs).

Deputy Nutz
03-25-2020, 03:00 PM
Could be, but this is more than the coach and his offense. Shannahan's offense used Gabriel as slot receiver and they weren't worried about his size for blocking.

This is Gute and he mentioned it before he had to accommodate a new offense with LaFleur coming in. The GM is sold on this approach.

I think it is a match up thing. Big receivers that can block a little, throws a wrench into how defenses want to personnel it. Also, not all zone schemes are the same.

texaspackerbacker
03-25-2020, 03:44 PM

I hope you're right, but I have to think as somebody said, it's a long shot that they make him a TE.

If the Packers keep Funchess, dump Allison, and draft one WR in the early rounds, that leaves a total of 10 receivers - 6 WRs, 3 TEs, and him. That's doable, but I still think we didn't need Funchess.

run pMc
03-25-2020, 04:45 PM
Robinson would have been intriguing, but he has some character concerns.

Yeah. He could be a sneaky-good signing for the right team. I'm guessing the baggage you're alluding to was the deciding factor, that or the contract being sought.

The theme with Gute's signings are guys who have had at least one prod season, gotten hurt, and are out to prove their way back. If they stay healthy they could all be pretty good band-aid signings, but the draft is where is matters for cheap, young production.

run pMc
03-25-2020, 04:49 PM
I hope you're right, but I have to think as somebody said, it's a long shot that they make him a TE.

If the Packers keep Funchess, dump Allison, and draft one WR in the early rounds, that leaves a total of 10 receivers - 6 WRs, 3 TEs, and him. That's doable, but I still think we didn't need Funchess.

I don't think he'll be a TE. I also don't think he moves the needle that much, but if you consider it a swap of Funchess for Allison, it's not a bad move.
With abbreviated/cancelled camps a Day 1 or 2 rookie WR will be far behind on the learning curve, and if coach don't trust you, you don't play (Hello, Dexter Williams and Oren Burks). Funchess should be able to absorb the playbook faster and is used to the pro game.

HarveyWallbangers
03-25-2020, 05:01 PM
Might be an interesting depth chart. One of the rookies would have to have the ability to play in the slot though.

Davante Adams
High Draft Pick
Allen Lazard
Devin Funchess
ESB (I've been much higher on ESB than MVS for awhile, ESB has the physical attributes but can actually play football)
Midround Draft Pick

red
03-25-2020, 06:36 PM
I think it is a match up thing. Big receivers that can block a little, throws a wrench into how defenses want to personnel it. Also, not all zone schemes are the same.

Big slow receivers that can’t get separation, and a QB that won’t throw to a WR unless they are very very wide open

Seems like the GM and QB are on different pages

texaspackerbacker
03-25-2020, 06:57 PM
Anybody know how much we signed him for? I Googled "Funchess contract", and the only thing that came up was that he signed for $10 million for 1 year last year with the Colts. I sincerely HOPE the Packers didn't pay more than a tiny fraction of that.

HarveyWallbangers
03-25-2020, 09:08 PM
Big slow receivers that can’t get separation, and a QB that won’t throw to a WR unless they are very very wide open

Seems like the GM and QB are on different pages

Rodgers threw it to Lazard in tight coverage. He does so with Davante and did so with others (Jordy, James Jones). I don't think it's the coverage so much as who is on the receiving end. If Funchess shows that he'll come down with balls in tight coverage (and he's done so in the past), it might not be that big of issue.

pbmax
03-26-2020, 12:12 AM
Rodgers threw it to Lazard in tight coverage. He does so with Davante and did so with others (Jordy, James Jones). I don't think it's the coverage so much as who is on the receiving end. If Funchess shows that he'll come down with balls in tight coverage (and he's done so in the past), it might not be that big of issue.

You are not going to convince the "won't thrown into tight windows" crowd of anything.

Its not just a belief system, its a complete life makeover.

mraynrand
03-26-2020, 12:18 AM
I’m going on record as being very excited about this signing. Rodgers is gonna put the fun back in Funchess. He will be a beast. Packer fan will enjoy to the tune of 900 and 8 TDs.

Tony Oday
03-26-2020, 08:28 AM
I’m going on record as being very excited about this signing. Rodgers is gonna put the fun back in Funchess. He will be a beast. Packer fan will enjoy to the tune of 900 and 8 TDs.
Agreed

call_me_ishmael
03-26-2020, 10:22 AM
Funchess probably signed a minimum contract. I'm not convinced he makes the squad.

texaspackerbacker
03-26-2020, 12:44 PM
I hope you're right, CMI, but a 26 year old coming off a $10 million contract and an apparently non-debilitating injury, it seems like he could command more than a minimum contract.

red
03-26-2020, 01:05 PM
I’m actually with Tex, a guy that made 20 million last year was injured, and is young, isn’t going to be playing for the minimum his year

I bet it’s a lot closed to 10 a year then people think

HarveyWallbangers
03-26-2020, 01:18 PM
I’m actually with Tex, a guy that made 20 million last year was injured, and is young, isn’t going to be playing for the minimum his year

I bet it’s a lot closed to 10 a year then people think

I bet it’s under $5m/year.

run pMc
03-26-2020, 01:50 PM
Last year Funches was on what amounts to a prove-it 1 year $10M contract. He played one game, so he didn't prove much. The contract will be well under $5M. I'm guessing it's in the $1-2M range which is what Allison got last year IIRC. Like the others, it's a stopgap signing designed to give the team flexibility going into the draft.

Upnorth
03-26-2020, 04:26 PM
Anything less than 4 is a bargain imo. In that price range this signing has high upside.

Bretsky
03-26-2020, 07:13 PM

I was guessing 3 to 4

texaspackerbacker
03-26-2020, 10:07 PM
I hope ya'all are right ...... but that then would beg the question, what's wrong with him that his market value would drop so much?

smuggler
03-26-2020, 10:10 PM
Maybe he realizes that his best chance at a long-term contract is by going somewhere he can succeed. Rodgers does have some appeal, in that respect.

He hasn't been reasonably productive in about two years.

call_me_ishmael
03-26-2020, 10:13 PM
The beat writers and bloggers all thought it’d be a minimum or close to it. Certainly nothing prohibitive. He’s not a very productive player but I do like his stature and athletic numbers I guess. Time will tell.

HarveyWallbangers
03-26-2020, 11:41 PM
I honestly don't think his production has been that bad. He was a TE for much of his college career, so most thought there'd be a learning curve for him. He's still only 25. If he stays healthy, I'd be shocked if he wasn't one of our top 3-4 receivers (depending on how Lazard progresses).

First two years, he didn't start much. Produced about 400 yards and 5 TDs. Kind of what was expected.

His third year was the only year he started 16 games, and he had 840 yards and 8 TDs for a team that didn't even throw the ball 500 times on the year.

2018 there were a lot of mouths to feed. D.J. Moore was drafted and got a lot of targets. Curtis Samuel came into his own. Greg Olsen was still on the team (although he missed almost half of the year). Most importantly, that was the year they started throwing to McCaffrey. McCaffrey caught 107 balls that year.

Last year he played one game. Supposedly, he looked in good in training camp and had locked down the WR2 spot.

https://www.colts.com/news/free-agent-pickups-devin-funchess-justin-houston-making-early-impacts

"Here's a guy who is big and long; typically you see that kind of receiver, you don't think of him as being a great route runner," Reich said. "But what Devin has shown me in the first week is he's got a skillset where he's an excellent route runner, he can run all the routes — he can do it all."

"What is unique about Devin is he can create separation," Colts offensive coordinator Nick Sirianni said. "He has that, 'Hey, I can create this length away from the defense. Or I can get space away from the defense and then quarterback – not only that, the defense is in my back because I got out of my break so quick. Now you can put it wherever you want because I am so long.' So that is a very unique thing that Devin has."

"I couldn't be more pleased about Devin," Reich said. "(I'm) just very excited about incorporating him into what we do offensively."

smuggler
03-26-2020, 11:46 PM
It'd be amazing if he could put up 800/8. I'd be happy to admit I was wrong.

Bretsky
03-26-2020, 11:48 PM
It's a low risk solid signing. He's way better than Allison and Whitewater Jesus. He might be our second best WR on the current roster when healthy. I think we should go WR in round one; a whole slew of WR's are going off the board by pick 60 IMO and we'll be stuck with another project

Bretsky
03-26-2020, 11:49 PM
Devante Adams
Mims or Jaegor
Funchess
The Lizard
St James
Ceephus

LOOKS GOOD TO ME

pbmax
03-27-2020, 08:10 AM
Going through some recent deals and seeing new #Panthers WR Seth Roberts got $3.75 million on a one-year deal negotiated by
Roberts cashed in before the receiver market crashed. Good timing.

Jeremy Staring @JeremyStaring
Anything on Funchess?

They are guarding those numbers like you wouldn’t believe. We’ll get them eventually. Actually heard they’re still working out final details so that’s part of the reason for the delay.

YOU COULD INTERPRET THIS AS HE SIGNED FOR A BARGAIN, BUT THEY ARE DRESSING UP THE BACK END OF THE DEAL TO LOOK BETTER EVEN IF ITS FUNNY MONEY

pbmax
03-27-2020, 08:18 AM

If its not, they will need to move some money around.

pbmax
03-27-2020, 08:29 AM
Aaron Wilson @AaronWilson_NFL
Tyler Ervin (Packers) one-year, $1.047 million, veteran salary benefit, $137,500 signing bonus, $910,000 salary

SWERVIN' ERVIN IS BACK!!

Fritz
03-27-2020, 08:36 AM
Tyler Ervin (Packers) one-year, $1.047 million, veteran salary benefit, $137,500 signing bonus, $910,000 salary

SWERVIN' ERVIN IS BACK!!

Good. No more dicking around with some sixth round bug-eyed rook who returned three punts for Moorehouse State.

I also like the X factor Ervin brings to that offense.

pbmax
03-27-2020, 08:40 AM
Good. No more dicking around with some sixth round bug-eyed rook who returned three punts for Moorehouse State.

I also like the X factor Ervin brings to that offense.

Absolutely.

Bretsky
03-27-2020, 10:00 AM
Absolutely.

Now let's get T Williams back as well !!!!!!!!!!

red
03-27-2020, 10:42 AM

SWERVIN' ERVIN IS BACK!!

bout fucking time

this should have been done on day 1 imo

smuggler
03-27-2020, 12:15 PM
Ervin had to see what his market was like before he signed the vet minimum deal.

texaspackerbacker
03-27-2020, 12:18 PM
I guess I'm lukewarm satisfied that Ervin is re-signed. At least he was cheap. I think the only reason people have a high opinion of him is the crap that came before him and after Davis who was much better.

Regarding Funchess, if in fact he did come cheap, I guess I'm fairly pleased with that signing too. It's just that we are right back in that same old situation: a cluster of let's say moderately good receivers after Adams, all fairly similar/not very fast (except maybe MVS), all just good enough that it would be shame to cut them, but not yet quite high quality enough to be legitimate 2nd or 3rd receivers.

There are enough outstanding WRs in this draft, and we need D Line and maybe O Line enough that we shouldn't take a WR in the first round, maybe not even the second. My personal choice would be to draft Devin Duvernay - who I am convinced is gonna be a quality NFL receiver - in the 3rd round or maybe even second if it's necessary. The only others I like as well are Mims and Reagor, and it's looking like we would need to use our #1 pick to get them.

This is the free agency thread. I see the Cowboys signed Dontari Poe, after already getting Gerald McCoy. I couldn't find the amounts they signed for, but I sure wish the Packers had gotten one or the other of those - assuming the price was reasonable.

pbmax
03-27-2020, 12:24 PM
Rob Demovsky @RobDemovsky
KR/RB Tyler Ervin's one-year contract with the Packers:
Total cash: $1.047 million.
Signing bonus: $137,500.
Base salary: $910,000.
Salary cap charge: $887,500*.
*Qualifies for veteran salary/salary-cap benefit reduction.

https://es.pn/2WUBqFI

mraynrand
03-27-2020, 01:01 PM
Good. No more dicking around with some sixth round bug-eyed rook who returned three punts for Moorehouse State

As a former resident of this lovely KY town, I find your inverted parochial insults demeaning.

run pMc
03-27-2020, 02:50 PM
Ervin is a good signing; he's not Aaron Jones but they can use him in some packages. He ran a 4.41 40, so if they figure out the outside zone run and use him there occasionally that could be fun.

Funchess should be a low-cost signing because he was hurt. He immediately competes with Lazard for the #2/3 WR spots. Context for how the GB receivers were sans Adams: 400 yards and 5TDs would have put Funchess in the same neighborhood as Lazard.

How many yards do each skill group need to get receiving? 2800 for WR, 800 TE, 600 RB? If that's even in the ballpark, and you assume Adams gets 1000 that leaves 1800 for the other 4 or maybe 5 WRs, and I doubt Kumerow gets that many - if he makes the team.

pbmax
03-27-2020, 02:58 PM
As a former resident of this lovely KY town, I find your inverted parochial insults demeaning.

Fritz basically hit for the cycle there. In turn he insulted:

1. Late round draft picks
2. Draft process placing little value on seldom used positions
3. Morehead the college
4. Morehead the town
5. Drafting by athletic traits not tape

One sentence, 18 words.

Bretsky
03-27-2020, 06:23 PM
Fritz basically hit for the cycle there. In turn he insulted:

1. Late round draft picks
2. Draft process placing little value on seldom used positions
3. Morehead the college
4. Morehead the town
5. Drafting by athletic traits not tape

One sentence, 18 words.

Well we'd have been WAY better off letting Fritzy make our #12 pick that Guteass

Joemailman
03-27-2020, 07:19 PM
Well we'd have been WAY better off letting Fritzy make our #12 pick that Guteass

You really think Drew Barrymore would have got the Packers to the Super Bowl?

Bretsky
03-27-2020, 07:20 PM

At least she's bring us some joy and if not she would have some value in a trade

mraynrand
03-27-2020, 11:41 PM

Fritz ‘drafting’ Drew is more like March Madness.

pbmax
03-28-2020, 11:11 AM

Radio broadcast would have been much more fun. She is a riot compared to Larry and Wayne.

jklowan
03-28-2020, 02:48 PM
So it appears this is a very good signing, imho, low risk high return possible

Packers signed WR Devin Funchess to a one-year, $2.5 million contract.

The signing is official. The deal includes a $1 million signing bonus, $1.2 million base salary, $50,000 workout bonus and $15,625 for each game active. Finally, another $3.7 million is available in incentives, meaning Funchess can make up to $6.25 million. It's not quite the type of money that would indicate a locked-in role. Still, all hope is not lost for Funchess (turns 26 in May) just yet. He's flashed the type of contested-catch ability that should serve him well as Aaron Rodgers' potential No. 2 pass-game option. 2019 was a waste due to bad injury luck, but previously Funchess played in 61-of-64 regular season games with the Panthers from 2015-2018. While most of us would've preferred a Robby Anderson signing here, Funchess carries a sneaky-high ceiling entering 2020.

pbmax
03-28-2020, 03:21 PM
So it appears this is a very good signing, imho, low risk high return possible

Packers signed WR Devin Funchess to a one-year, $2.5 million contract.

The signing is official. The deal includes a $1 million signing bonus, $1.2 million base salary, $50,000 workout bonus and $15,625 for each game active. Finally, another $3.7 million is available in incentives, meaning Funchess can make up to $6.25 million. It's not quite the type of money that would indicate a locked-in role. Still, all hope is not lost for Funchess (turns 26 in May) just yet. He's flashed the type of contested-catch ability that should serve him well as Aaron Rodgers' potential No. 2 pass-game option. 2019 was a waste due to bad injury luck, but previously Funchess played in 61-of-64 regular season games with the Panthers from 2015-2018. While most of us would've preferred a Robby Anderson signing here, Funchess carries a sneaky-high ceiling entering 2020.

That is $1 million out the door immediately, and $1.5 million ($1.2 mil base, $50K workout and $250K weekly roster) payable only if he survives the year. Is he a vested vet? Is his $1.2 mil base guaranteed first week of season if he is on roster?

Not bad. But they will need to move some cap around assuming nothing else changes.

mraynrand
03-28-2020, 04:43 PM
I bet you could get away will giving that kind of money to a below average QB like Tom Brady and still win some Superbowls with your defense.

Bretsky
03-28-2020, 05:00 PM
I bet you could get away will giving that kind of money to a below average QB like Tom Brady and still win some Superbowls with your defense.

Or draft a dam good QB and win the big show on his first cheap contract like Russell Wilson and Myhommmmes

texaspackerbacker
03-28-2020, 08:53 PM
Glad to hear we got Funchess cheap. Now let's get what we really need, a speed guy in the 3rd or maybe 2nd round - I say again, Duvernay is my choice.

Bretsky
03-28-2020, 08:55 PM
Glad to hear we got Funchess cheap. Now let's get what we really need, a speed guy in the 3rd or maybe 2nd round - I say again, Duvernay is my choice.

Why do you like him more than Mims or Raegor ? Just curious

call_me_ishmael
03-28-2020, 09:12 PM

Curtis Samual is available for trade. I’d trade a 4th for him in an instant. Keep acquiring speedy quick guys when they can get quality value.

Bretsky
03-28-2020, 09:25 PM
Curtis Samual is available for trade. I’d trade a 4th for him in an instant. Keep acquiring speedy quick guys when they can get quality value.

Is Samuel really that good ? I want Jaegor/Mims/Duvernay AND my boy Ceephus !!!!!!!

call_me_ishmael
03-28-2020, 10:19 PM
Is Samuel really that good ? I want Jaegor/Mims/Duvernay AND my boy Ceephus !!!!!!!

I think he could be a playmaker. He's in a weird spot because I could easily imagine him playing the exact same spot at Christian McCaffrey. I think he'd be an exceptional third running back or change-of-pace guy. He was so fast at OSU.

I would be fine drafting another receiver or two high as well. WR, OT, DL.

Bretsky
03-28-2020, 10:25 PM
I'd draft two WR's and if there is a high upside TE like the ND guy I'd jump at him too.

It'd be sweet if we got Jonathan Taylor and Ceephus.....lol....I know..pipe dream

texaspackerbacker
03-28-2020, 11:49 PM
Why do you like him more than Mims or Raegor ? Just curious

Because I think he might still be there in the 3rd, and for sure in the 2nd - that and I think he is about 98% as good as those other two - maybe better based on college performance. I want a D Lineman in the 1st round because we need that more, and there is far less depth of talent at D Line. I'd prefer going after an O Lineman in the second, same reason.

pbmax
03-29-2020, 11:27 AM
Lions agreed to terms with former Packers’ WR Geronimo Allison.

LET'S REMEMBER SOME OTHER GLORIOUS SOLUTIONS FOR THE PACKERS WR DEPTH

Jarrett Boykin

NOW YOUR TURN! http://pfref.com/tiny/cwh18

Bretsky
03-29-2020, 12:04 PM

Jarrett Boykin

THIS IS GREAT NEWS........................bubyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy yyyyeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Can they take Whitewater Jesus too ? ???????????

Bretsky
03-29-2020, 12:05 PM

Jarrett Boykin

GOTTA make room for CEEPHUS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! hahaha

Fosco33
03-29-2020, 12:09 PM
Cephus will be decent! He’s had such a rough childhood and is a good guy despite the jersey chaser bs.

mraynrand
03-29-2020, 12:09 PM

LOLOLOLOLOLOINS

Bretsky
03-29-2020, 12:25 PM
Cephus will be decent! He’s had such a rough childhood and is a good guy despite the jersey chaser bs.

completely on board; I hope GB drafts him. And if not Green Bay I hope he goes to a winning organization with an elite QB to get him the ball

texaspackerbacker
03-29-2020, 12:27 PM
I didn't hate Allison quite as much as some of ya'all, but I'm glad he's gone too.

Not so with MVS, ESB, or Kumerow though.

Teamcheez1
03-29-2020, 12:59 PM
I didn't hate Allison quite as much as some of ya'all, but I'm glad he's gone too.

Allison reached his ceiling very quickly which wasn't very high. Funchess will be replacing one of MVS, ESB, or Kumerow when the dust settles.

run pMc
03-29-2020, 02:24 PM

Jarrett Boykin

Ryan Grant, we hardly knew ye.

pbmax
03-29-2020, 02:50 PM

Jarrett Boykin
Ryan Grant
Jake Kumerow
Antonio Chatman

NOW YOUR TURN!

Bretsky
03-29-2020, 03:21 PM

Allison just has a very very low ceiling

Ditto for Whitewater Jesus. He is what he is. A below average speed try hard guy who will float around at a number six for teams that have talent at WR

Upnorth
03-29-2020, 07:15 PM
So looks like funchess deal can be worth up to 6.25 million. 1 mil signing, 1.2 base, most of the rest incentives. If he sucks he is cheap cheap, if he is awesome he is a cheap 6.25. Massive upside contract.

mraynrand
03-29-2020, 07:35 PM

Jarrett Boykin
Ryan Grant
Jake Kumerow
Rod Gardner

NOW YOUR TURN!

pbmax
03-29-2020, 08:55 PM

Jarrett Boykin
Ryan Grant
Jake Kumerow
Antonio Chatman
Rod Gardner
Andre Thurman!

NOW YOUR TURN!

Joemailman
03-29-2020, 09:40 PM

Jarrett Boykin
Ryan Grant
Jake Kumerow
Antonio Chatman
Rod Gardner
Andre Thurman!
Taco Wallace!

NOW YOUR TURN!...

Bretsky
03-29-2020, 10:18 PM
Isn't the Tampa Bay WR still out there ? I'd have given him a try

mraynrand
03-29-2020, 10:39 PM

Jarrett Boykin
Ryan Grant
Jake Kumerow
Antonio Chatman
Rod Gardner
Andre Thurman
Taco Wallace
Mark Clayton!

NOW YOUR TURN!

smuggler
03-29-2020, 11:39 PM

Jarrett Boykin
Ryan Grant
Jake Kumerow
Antonio Chatman

NOW YOUR TURN!

Unfair to Chatman lol
Shaky Smithson

Zool
03-30-2020, 01:10 AM
I can't believe no one has said Taco Wallace

pbmax
03-30-2020, 07:36 AM

Jarrett Boykin
Ryan Grant
Jake Kumerow
Antonio Chatman
Rod Gardner
Andre Thurman
Taco Wallace
Mark Clayton
Shaky Smithson!
Brett Swain!

NOW YOUR TURN!

mraynrand
03-30-2020, 07:43 AM
I can't believe no one has said Taco Wallace

Whut?

Ruvell Martin!

Phillip Epps!

pbmax
03-30-2020, 07:44 AM
Field Yates @FieldYates

Official cap space by team (teams 24-32):
24. BAL: 13,513,779
25. GB: 12,966,433
26. MIN: 12,495,443
27. SEA: 11,317,846
28. NO: 9,237,537
29. PIT: 8,667,814
30. ATL: 7,530,188
31. NE: 891,775
32. KC: 177

Upnorth
03-30-2020, 12:27 PM
Robert Ferguson?

I'm impressed by KC @177. Now that is some cap management.

smuggler
03-30-2020, 12:48 PM
It's all fun and games until you want to sign a draft pick, UpNorth.

Upnorth
03-30-2020, 02:35 PM
Draft pics, we don't need no stinking draft picks!!!

https://s.yimg.com/lo/api/res/1.2/ZTNoyioY5WfhQzU57ZS3lg--~B/YXBwaWQ9eWlzZWFyY2g7Zmk9Zml0O2dlPTAwNjYwMDtncz0wME EzMDA7aD00MDA7dz01OTI-/https://dan4kent.files.wordpress.com/2017/01/we-dont-need-no-stinkin-badges-from-blazing-saddles.jpg?w=640.cf.jpg

Zool
03-30-2020, 03:16 PM
https://i.imgflip.com/3uouhr.jpg

ThunderDan
03-30-2020, 03:24 PM
https://i.imgflip.com/3uouhr.jpg

Green Bay

pbmax
03-30-2020, 03:57 PM
Matt Schneidman @mattschneidman

Emmanuel Sanders tells @richeisen (I don't think Sanders was joking) that weather and location played a role in choosing Saints over Packers in free agency: "It's just Green Bay. That cold weather, Rich, I wasn't trying to do it."

https://twitter.com/mattschneidman/status/1244726864486240258

smuggler
03-30-2020, 06:01 PM
Some guys are country boys. Some are city boys. Sanders is the latter. Unfortunately.

texaspackerbacker
03-30-2020, 06:59 PM
Thank goodness for cold weather in that case. The Packers absolutely did not/do not need to pay big money for a FA WR.

run pMc
03-30-2020, 08:58 PM
^ HAHAHA

He's probably had enough cold weather with Pittsburgh and Denver. That's ok -- he's a decent WR but I wouldn't want a 5' 11", 33 year old WR with that contract.

pbmax
03-31-2020, 07:31 PM
Will Redmond (Packers) one-year, $750K

mraynrand
03-31-2020, 09:51 PM
Will Redmond (Packers) one-year, $750K

I’ll finally sleep through the night again.

pbmax
04-01-2020, 02:10 PM
I’ll finally sleep through the night again.

Nothing leaves fans more relaxed than solid special teams play.

pbmax
04-01-2020, 02:10 PM
Ian Rapoport @RapSheet

The #Texans are signing FA DT Tim Jernigan to a 1-year worth up to $3.75M, per his agent Bill Johnson. He gets $1.25M guaranteed. The former #Eagles and #Ravens DT has a new home.

call_me_ishmael
04-02-2020, 11:15 AM
Can we cut and resign Dynamic Dean Lowry for a 1/3 of the price? K Thx bai

pbmax
04-02-2020, 11:52 AM
Can we cut and resign Dynamic Dean Lowry for a 1/3 of the price? K Thx bai

Worse than you think.

Andy Herman @AndyHermanNFL

Malik Collins - 1 year $6 mil
Danny Shelton - 2 years $8 mil
Tim Jernigan - 1 year $3.75 mil
Andrew Billings - 1 year $3.5 mil
Shelby Harris - 1 year $3.25 mil
Derek Wolfe - 1 year $3 mi
Mike Pennel - 1 year $1.05 mil

Dean Lowry - 3 years $20.33 mil

GB misjudged the DL market.

smuggler
04-02-2020, 12:33 PM
Lowry's contract is not great, but he has a $5.2m cap number this year and a $6.3m cap number in '21, then $1.5m dead if/when he gets cut in the spring of '22

Compare that to Billy Turner, with $8m+ in each of the next three years, and a $4.5m dead cap if/when we cut him in the spring of '22.

Also, of all the players listed above, only Derek Wolfe plays the 5-technique and he's 30 years old. Our guy Lowry is 25 (will be 26 by the start of the season).

pbmax
04-02-2020, 12:48 PM
Lowry's contract is not great, but he has a $5.2m cap number this year and a $6.3m cap number in '21, then $1.5m dead if/when he gets cut in the spring of '22

Compare that to Billy Turner, with $8m+ in each of the next three years, and a $4.5m dead cap if/when we cut him in the spring of '22.

Also, of all the players listed above, only Derek Wolfe plays the 5-technique and he's 30 years old. Our guy Lowry is 25 (will be 26 by the start of the season).

Are we sure about those techniques? Lowry is often out there in a 3 man line, but I don't think he's at a 5 tech. Isn't he usually over a guard?

smuggler
04-02-2020, 01:43 PM
He probably doesn't actually play 5 all that often for Pettine. If he's on the guard's outside shoulder, then it's 3 or 4i. Point being that we're not trying to find a backup for Clark with the above contracts. We'd be trying to find a replacement for Lowry. Only Wolfe really fits the mold.

pbmax
04-02-2020, 02:39 PM
He probably doesn't actually play 5 all that often for Pettine. If he's on the guard's outside shoulder, then it's 3 or 4i. Point being that we're not trying to find a backup for Clark with the above contracts. We'd be trying to find a replacement for Lowry. Only Wolfe really fits the mold.

Not sure that any of them are ahead of Lowry, but some fit the weight and aren't nose tackles. Lotta 3 tech in there. Which, as you point out, doesn't mean they could play a 5 if they needed to occasionally. Not a lot of height there. Jenigan and Collins are both 6' 2"

pbmax
04-02-2020, 03:03 PM
Ken Ingalls - Packers Cap @KenIngalls

The Packers current 2021 compensatory draft picks look like a 4th, 5th, and 6th, per
@nickkorte's work on OverTheCap.

Bretsky
04-02-2020, 07:45 PM
Ken Ingalls - Packers Cap @KenIngalls

The Packers current 2021 compensatory draft picks look like a 4th, 5th, and 6th, per
@nickkorte's work on OverTheCap.

we always get screwed on these

That means we'll get a 5th, 6th, and 7th

pbmax
04-03-2020, 09:49 AM
Get Up @GetUpESPN
"[Amari Cooper] is the biggest disappearing act in the National Football League. ... I wouldn't have paid this turd."
—Rex Ryan

Ian Rapoport @RapSheet
What has Amari Cooper done to deserve this personal attack? He’s a hard worker, played through injuries, and is a good teammate. Rex Ryan should apologize.

Aidan_Wagner @AidanWagner9
@AmariCooper9 must have ugly feet or something

Dave Latham @DLPatsThoughts
Foot injury. Instant turn-off for Rex

pbmax
04-03-2020, 09:58 AM
Field Yates @FieldYates
Amari Cooper's five-year deal with the Cowboys is straightforward: $10M to sign, a $10M base salary in 2020, with base salaries of $20M each year from 2021-2024.

And the talk is that Dak and the Cowboys extension will average $35 mil per year for new money. Debate is about length at this point.

Bretsky
04-03-2020, 04:55 PM
Field Yates @FieldYates
Amari Cooper's five-year deal with the Cowboys is straightforward: $10M to sign, a $10M base salary in 2020, with base salaries of $20M each year from 2021-2024.

And the talk is that Dak and the Cowboys extension will average $35 mil per year for new money. Debate is about length at this point.

Will be interesting seeing the total Cap hit of Zak + Cooper + Eliott and what percentage of the cap that uses up

pbmax
04-04-2020, 09:04 AM
SAK (Swiss Army Knife) Kyler Fackrell gets a writeup in the WiSJ.

https://madison.com/wsj/sports/football/professional/after-being-forgotten-man-behind-the-smith-bros-in-green-bay-kyler-fackrell-excited-for/article_729a73db-2103-576d-9d37-955461335072.html

Basically making the case that Fackrell got more pressure on QB last year than his 10.5 sack year.

mraynrand
04-04-2020, 09:18 AM
Basically making the case that Fackrell got more pressure on QB last year than his 10.5 sack year.

Wasn't he lined up next to the baconator whenever they were both in together?

pbmax
04-04-2020, 10:54 AM
Wasn't he lined up next to the baconator whenever they were both in together?

Some of the time. He was also in the middle at ILB (mostly for coverage on pass downs) and he played some straight OLB when Smiths were both getting a breather.

wthigoot
04-05-2020, 11:37 PM

Jarrett Boykin
Ryan Grant
Jake Kumerow
Antonio Chatman
Rod Gardner
Andre Thurman
Taco Wallace
Mark Clayton
Shaky Smithson!
Brett Swain!
Phillip Epps!
Ruvell Martin!

NOW YOUR TURN!

Diondre Borel!
Tori Gurley!

smuggler
04-05-2020, 11:46 PM
Corey Bradford!

pbmax
04-06-2020, 08:11 AM
Corey Bradford!

Interesting case. Didn't he leave with an actual FA contract in hand? He did some damage unlike many others on list.

mraynrand
04-06-2020, 08:27 AM
Interesting case. Didn't he leave with an actual FA contract in hand? He did some damage unlike many others on list.

Yeah. Too much production. I thought of adding. Him.

Barry Smith!

smuggler
04-06-2020, 08:31 AM
For some reason I always had it that he was lost to the expansion draft, but that's not the case. He left in free agency. He joined the Texans, but had similar offers from GB and DET.

mraynrand
04-06-2020, 10:15 AM
For some reason I always had it that he was lost to the expansion draft, but that's not the case. He left in free agency. He joined the Texans, but had similar offers from GB and DET.

He had higher expectations. He was on a Driver-like path, but he never really had good hands.My two favorite plays were his deep bomb catch versus 49ers and game winning TD over the Vikings in '99.

pbmax
04-06-2020, 04:11 PM
Loved him as the 3rd WR. Every other game would just break it wide open. Almost Beebe like.

Joemailman
04-06-2020, 04:45 PM
He had higher expectations. He was on a Driver-like path, but he never really had good hands.My two favorite plays were his deep bomb catch versus 49ers and game winning TD over the Vikings in '99.

I was at that game. On 4th and 1 with :16 left Favre threw 23 yards to Bradford for the TD. Maybe the loudest I ever heard Lambeau Field.

run pMc
04-07-2020, 05:59 AM
I believe he had the last minute game winner over the Raiders to start the Ray Rhodes era as well.

Joemailman
04-07-2020, 09:23 AM
I believe he had the last minute game winner over the Raiders to start the Ray Rhodes era as well.

He scored the TD to pull the Packers to within 3 with 7:20 left. https://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/199909120gnb.htm

Favre then threw a TD to the legendary Jeff Thomason with 0:11 for the win.

pbmax
04-07-2020, 09:52 AM
Spotrac @spotrac

Nick Foles’ restructured contract with the #Bears lowers his 2020 cap hit from $15.6M to $5.3M. The new 3 year, $24M deal contains $21M fully guaranteed through 2022. The deal also contains $6M of incentives that double up as base escalators.

mraynrand
04-07-2020, 11:21 AM

Jeff Thomason. Bradford had the late TD before the winning drive.

Joemailman
04-07-2020, 02:03 PM
He scored the TD to pull the Packers to within 3 with 7:20 left. https://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/199909120gnb.htm

Favre then threw a TD to the legendary Jeff Thomason with 0:11 for the win.

Jeff Thomason. Bradford had the late TD before the winning drive.

Stop stealing my material!

pbmax
04-07-2020, 02:29 PM

Jeff Thomason had some memorable catches in a brief GB career. Let's remember some!

ThunderDan
04-07-2020, 03:15 PM
Jeff Thomason had some memorable catches in a brief GB career. Let's remember some!

I think we are done after naming the TD catch above.

pbmax
04-07-2020, 03:22 PM

Just work with me, trying to drive Joe mad.

mraynrand
04-07-2020, 04:01 PM

I gotta read the whole thread more carefully!

mraynrand
04-07-2020, 04:02 PM

lol

pbmax
04-07-2020, 05:07 PM
Twitter is down.

Run to the Hills.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86URGgqONvA

wist43
04-07-2020, 09:52 PM
Twitter is down.

Run to the Hills.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86URGgqONvA

What's twitter??

pbmax
04-08-2020, 07:24 AM
What's twitter??

A micro-blog that Mad invented.

pbmax
04-10-2020, 10:37 AM
Aaron Nagler @AaronNagler
Jesus effing CHRIST.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EVNKTNxU0AEiWO6?format=jpg&name=small

smuggler
04-10-2020, 10:50 AM
Nah.

run pMc
04-10-2020, 03:12 PM
I would NOT trade him for Watson straight up. I'd try to get some picks as well. Rodgers > Watson, but Watson is pretty good and has more seasons ahead of him than Rodgers.
Honestly, Bill O'Brien must hate the draft or want to get death threats from crazies. He's not going to have any young players on the team in two years and they will be like the Rams are now, except without any SB appearances.

mraynrand
04-11-2020, 11:42 AM
I've got some property I'd love to sell the Texans. Really, it's wetland. There are no swamps anymore.

"I would really like Randall Cobb instead of DeAndre Hopkins" - said no one ever - except the Texans

pbmax
04-11-2020, 12:30 PM
I've got some property I'd love to sell the Texans. Really, it's wetland. There are no swamps anymore.

"I would really like Randall Cobb instead of DeAndre Hopkins" - said no one ever - except the Texans

It wasn't until they acquired Brandin Cooks for a second round draft pick in a receiver rich draft that I realized Bill O'Brien is actually Hue Jackson.

run pMc
04-11-2020, 04:38 PM
^ LOL true. I mean, Cooks would probably outproduce a rookie WR drafted in R2, but in 2021 Cooks' contract is going to look less attractive if that no-longer rookie takes a Year 2 leap. Plus Cooks has like 5 concussions.

I'd rather have Hopkins and a rookie R2 WR than Cooks and Cobb.

pbmax
04-13-2020, 12:30 PM
^ LOL true. I mean, Cooks would probably outproduce a rookie WR drafted in R2, but in 2021 Cooks' contract is going to look less attractive if that no-longer rookie takes a Year 2 leap. Plus Cooks has like 5 concussions.

I'd rather have Hopkins and a rookie R2 WR than Cooks and Cobb.

Its the Schottenheimer effect: a bird in the hand is ALWYAS worth 2 in the bush.

pbmax
04-13-2020, 12:30 PM
NFL Update @MySportsUpdate
#Giants assistant GM Kevin Abrams told reporters that none of the free agents have taken physicals yet. If they don’t pass, they’ll be free agents again. #Giants agreed to terms with James Bradberry, Blake Martinez, Colt McCoy, Dion Lewis, Kyler Fackrell, among others.

Probably going to be some surprises for this reason.

Fosco33
04-15-2020, 04:35 PM
Rumor of browns trading OBJ to Vikes?

Bretsky
04-15-2020, 07:31 PM
Aaron Nagler @AaronNagler
Jesus effing CHRIST.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EVNKTNxU0AEiWO6?format=jpg&name=small

This would be a fun poll............hint........hint..............

Deputy Nutz
04-16-2020, 09:33 AM
NFL Update @MySportsUpdate
#Giants assistant GM Kevin Abrams told reporters that none of the free agents have taken physicals yet. If they don’t pass, they’ll be free agents again. #Giants agreed to terms with James Bradberry, Blake Martinez, Colt McCoy, Dion Lewis, Kyler Fackrell, among others.

Probably going to be some surprises for this reason.

Colt mcCoy is still in the league? No shit.

Teamcheez1
04-16-2020, 10:29 AM
Rumor of browns trading OBJ to Vikes?

The Vikings would have great difficulty fitting OBJ under the cap. His salary is $14M and will only go up for the next few years.

pbmax
04-16-2020, 11:36 AM

Catchers, left handed pitchers, backup QBs, long snappers and 3 point shooters. Best longevity going.

Teamcheez1
04-17-2020, 03:49 PM
Dan Graziano
@DanGrazianoESPN
·2m
Source: Bears are signing OT Jason Spriggs to a one-year deal. Former Packers second-round pick was on IR last season.

Between Graham and now Spriggs, their offense will be unstoppable. I expect Janis will be making a comeback with the Bears very soon.

pbmax
04-17-2020, 05:07 PM
Dan Graziano
@DanGrazianoESPN
·2m
Source: Bears are signing OT Jason Spriggs to a one-year deal. Former Packers second-round pick was on IR last season.

Between Graham and now Spriggs, their offense will be unstoppable. I expect Janis will be making a comeback with the Bears very soon.

All it cost them was the last TE they overpaid.

Bears releasing Trey Burton, per source.

Schefter
Trey Burton underwent off-season hip surgery and is expected to be ready well before training camp, per source. Bears still owe Burton $4 million, so it’s not likely he will cost another team very much.

smuggler
04-18-2020, 05:13 PM
Burton has offset language in his deal, so roster spot or no, he's making $4m next season.

QBME
04-18-2020, 10:40 PM

Based on name alone.

pbmax
04-21-2020, 04:16 PM
Rob Demovsky@RobDemovsky
The Packers claimed a pair of players off waivers: DT Gerald Willis and DE/OLB Jamal Davis. Both were released by the Dolphins and both were undrafted free agents in 2019. Willis originally signed with the Ravens and played in two games for Miami last... https://es.pn/2x1APrw

pbmax
04-21-2020, 04:46 PM
NFL Insider Leroy @LeroyInsider April 8th: https://twitter.com/LeroyInsider/status/1248028390201974785
Hearing a wild rumor that has serious legs. Rob Gronkowski is strongly considering returning to the NFL to play for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers with his old teammate Tom Brady. Has been training in Florida in addition to Wrestlemania. Please credit Leroy woof woof

Ian Rapoport @RapSheet April 21
The #Patriots and #Bucs have agreed to terms on a trade: Tampa gets Rob Gronkowski and a 7th rounder in exchange for a 4th rounder, sources say.

mraynrand
04-21-2020, 05:13 PM
NFL Insider Leroy @LeroyInsider April 8th: https://twitter.com/LeroyInsider/status/1248028390201974785
Hearing a wild rumor that has serious legs. Rob Gronkowski is strongly considering returning to the NFL to play for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers with his old teammate Tom Brady. Has been training in Florida in addition to Wrestlemania. Please credit Leroy woof woof

Ian Rapoport @RapSheet April 21
The #Patriots and #Bucs have agreed to terms on a trade: Tampa gets Rob Gronkowski and a 7th rounder in exchange for a 4th rounder, sources say.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-LPbs_g-5J8