PDA

View Full Version : Official NFL Draft Day 2 Thread

Pages : 1 2 [3]

Bretsky
04-24-2020, 10:08 PM
This place is suddenly dead, too much alcohol? That would be my reason. Vikings on the clock, Packers in about 5 picks.

Excitement has been Gutebaganized

RashanGary
04-24-2020, 10:10 PM
They overdrafted him here; what was Rashan Gary's RAS last year ? Not comparing the two. Gary was another Gutebag pick. But I'm not signing any praises here. He's fine, but many others there would have helped us more.

That RB is a football purists dream! Stop it!!!

Bretsky
04-24-2020, 10:10 PM
Cowboys just killing this draft. I never thought Lamb would be there in the 1st round, Diggs was a solid zone corner in the 2nd round, and Gallimore is a DL that I like a lot. Ugh!

Yup they are killing it. Dan Patrick was discussing how Dallas had Lamb at the 6th best player in the draft and they shit themselves when he slipped

Bretsky
04-24-2020, 10:11 PM
That RB is a football purists dream! Stop it!!!

He's got the measurables....aka.....Rashan

HarveyWallbangers
04-24-2020, 10:12 PM
The Vikings are now drafting guys I don't like. Not sure if that is a good thing or bad thing. The Jason Spriggs clone at OT and the CB with 4.64 speed.

RashanGary
He's got the measurables....aka.....Rashan

He's a thug!!!! A bus!

Deputy Nutz
Pats move ahead of the Packers again.

Joemailman
04-24-2020, 10:13 PM
Adam Trautman a possibility for Packers?

HarveyWallbangers
04-24-2020, 10:14 PM
Asiasi is a guy I really like. He was the consensus #8 TE. I had him much higher. Maybe the best all around TE in this class. NE makes him the second TE taken. I was hoping he might fall and we could snatch him later. Kmet, Trautman, Harrison Bryant, and Asiasi are about the only TEs that I had major interest in. Hopkins would be there also, but he has below average hands.

Bretsky
04-24-2020, 10:15 PM
TRADE the pick and call it a night. Pick up a 4th and another 6th

Duvernay ?

Guiness
Why is Goddell still announcing the picks¿
Someone with a little more energy would be good, and he certainly looks like he doesn't want to be doing this any longer

texaspackerbacker
damn

Bretsky
04-24-2020, 10:16 PM
TRADE the pick and call it a night. Pick up a 4th and another 6th

Duvernay ?

NOW THAT SHIT IS FUNNY

About 60 seconds after I type in his name Baltimore drafts him.

Deputy Nutz
04-24-2020, 10:17 PM
Duvernay is gone. I liked him, so did Texaspackerbacker, god rest his soul

He is alive!!!

Bretsky
damn

Gutebag wasn't drafting him any ways Tex; in the words of TT we're fine there :))

RashanGary
Why is Goddell still announcing the picks¿
Someone with a little more energy would be good, and he certainly looks like he doesn't want to be doing this any longer

His monotone is maddening. I agree.

Deputy Nutz
04-24-2020, 10:18 PM
Peoples-Jones!

HarveyWallbangers
04-24-2020, 10:18 PM
WR Tyler Johnson, Gandy-Golden, Nutz's guy Peoples-Jones, or Proche
OT Lucas Niang, Ben Bartch, Prince Tega, or Charles
DT McTelvin Agim, Leki Fotu
ILB Troy Dye, ADG, Malik Harrison
CB Bryce Hall, Reggie Robinson, Troy Pride, Darnay Holmes

Deputy Nutz
04-24-2020, 10:19 PM
Ravens crushing this draft, on paper.

RashanGary
I don't really want a developmental OL or DL, but that's probably what were getting

jmbarnes101
Niang or the Liberty WR? I think I’d be okay with either.

Bretsky
Peoples-Jones!

ya, this is probably it for sure

RashanGary
WR Tyler Johnson, Gandy-Golden, Nutz's guy Peoples-Jones, or Proche
OT Lucas Niang, Ben Bartch, Prince Tega, or Charles
DT McTelvin Agim, Leki Fotu
ILB Troy Dye, ADG, Malik Harrison
CB Bryce Hall, Reggie Robinson, Troy Pride, Darnay Holmes

ILB would be cool

Deputy Nutz
I only like Peoples-Jones because I know how much the pick would cause Bretsky to lose his shit.

RashanGary
04-24-2020, 10:20 PM
ya, this is probably it for sure

I've learned from Gary. I'll throw a fit with you!

Bretsky
04-24-2020, 10:20 PM
Ravens crushing this draft, on paper.

They've sent us the Thank you cards for round one.

On paper they are getting a ton of players many in here wanted

Deputy Nutz
04-24-2020, 10:21 PM
Niang, or the Prince.

Bretsky
04-24-2020, 10:21 PM
I only like Peoples-Jones because I know how much the pick would cause Bretsky to lose his shit.

another underachieving f'ck from Michigan :))

RashanGary
04-24-2020, 10:22 PM
It's frustrating that less than half of our 1-3 round picks pan out. How can you study that hard and still get it wrong half the time

Bretsky
04-24-2020, 10:22 PM
value wise, it's gotta be OL

So we're probably taking somebody in the secondary

I want to trade the pick and just call it a day til tomorrow

Deputy Nutz
04-24-2020, 10:23 PM
Did anyone see the Browns coach adjust his shaft on camera? It was awesome

Bretsky
04-24-2020, 10:24 PM
It's frustrating that less than half of our 1-3 round picks pan out. How can you study that hard and still get it wrong half the time

Rodgers has been carrying this team on his back for too long.

Bretsky
04-24-2020, 10:25 PM
WOW

54 Percent of plays at WR were taken from undrafted WR's for Green Bay; crazy stat

RashanGary
I liked the Titans last year. Bet on them a few times cuz I thought they were underrated. Not sure they're gonna improve tho. Lost some good players. Added a few in the draft. But they seem to be about equal to a year ago

Bretsky
just trade it

Rastak
04-24-2020, 10:26 PM
TE to the Pack

Deputy Nutz
I am going to say Troy Pride from ND

Bretsky
Joshiah Deguardiola. Interesting.

RashanGary
Asiasi is a guy I really like. He was the consensus #8 TE. I had him much higher. Maybe the best all around TE in this class. NE makes him the second TE taken. I was hoping he might fall and we could snatch him later. Kmet, Trautman, Harrison Bryant, and Asiasi are about the only TEs that I had major interest in. Hopkins would be there also, but he has below average hands.

Josiah ******

What u think? Good for Love a few years from now?

Deputy Nutz
04-24-2020, 10:27 PM
What a fucking reach

RashanGary
just trade it

Lol!!!!!!!

George Cumby
FML

RashanGary
What a fucking reach

You watched him??

Deputy Nutz
04-24-2020, 10:28 PM
H-Back

Bretsky
04-24-2020, 10:28 PM
What a fucking reach

This might be our best pick so far

SMBASS
04-24-2020, 10:29 PM
This has become criminal.

Bretsky
04-24-2020, 10:29 PM
WHO WANTS TO BE IN CHARGE OF POSTING EACH TEAM ROUNDS 1-3 picks ? Would be fun to compare.

Deputy Nutz
04-24-2020, 10:31 PM
You watched him??

I hate the word reach. I think he offers some positional flexibility as a y-off, some inline blocking, or as a sniffer.

Newsflash, the Packers board doesn't match mine.

RashanGary
Packers want to run the ball

Joemailman
JOSIAH DEGUARA
TE, Cincinnati

CONF American Athletic - East JERSEY #83 CLASS RS Senior HT 6'3" DOB 02/14/1997 WT 245 lbs

PROS: Versatile blocker and receiver. Can win both in-line and flexed as a receiver with experience running routes to all levels of the field. Like his route pace and timing - showcases a strong understanding of reading coverage and adjusting on the fly. Vertical route running skills are excellent. Does well to execute seamless vertical cuts and selling them. Good balance and posture as a route runner. Has proven to be an effective seam-busting target with excellent ball skills. Natural tracking and adjusting skills to the football in the air. Hands are soft and secure. Illustrates the ability to consistently catch the football outside of this frame while tightly holding on through contact. Finds success working in space as a positional blocker. Overall blocking effort is outstanding. Has enough juice, decisiveness and physicality to be effective after the catch. Outstanding competitor.

CONS: Modest physical traits in terms of size, length and athletic ability - fairly ordinary across the board. Needs to get stronger to find success blocking in the trenches at the next level. He competes hard but his lack of strength, length and consistency staying square are limiting as a blocker. Not a true above the rim guy that is going to extend his catch radius vertically or a candidate for jump ball opportunities.

BEST TRAIT - Competitive Toughness

WORST TRAIT - Pedestrian Physical Ability

RED FLAGS - None

NFL COMP - Tyler Conklin

Pop on Josiah Deguara’s tape and you will immediately appreciate his competitive toughness. Whether it’s exchanging power in the trenches, competing with the ball in his hands, trailing plays as they elongate down the field to hit a block or busting his ass to tackle an intercepting defender, he brings the juice. Deguara brings a balanced skill set to the table in terms of blocking and receiving where he’s been productive on both fronts in college. The challenge with Deguara and forecasting him at the next level is that he has pedestrian physical gifts and isn’t dominant in any one area. With that said, his proficiency in multiple areas profiles him well as a TE2 that should provide valuable depth and meaningful special teams contributions to his NFL team. His ceiling is modest but his floor is high. .

pittstang5
This has been the most laughable Packer draft ever. Who the hell is this TE...I had to do a google search for him cause none of the draft prospect sites I had open had him listed.

Deputy Nutz
04-24-2020, 10:32 PM
I assume they are shifting towards more what Lafluer was installing in Tennessee.

GB-Brandon
04-24-2020, 10:33 PM
A Vitale replacement in round 3?

We don’t even have a no.2 receiver but yet we’re drafting 2nd option RB’e and H-backs with top picks. Not to mention a back up QB.

This is beyond a disaster. If anyone here doesn’t believe the rebuild and re-set has started then you will never get it.

Bretsky
I hate the word reach. I think he offers some positional flexibility as a y-off, some inline blocking, or as a sniffer.

Newsflash, the Packers board doesn't match mine.

Honestly it seems like a lot of the NFL GM's draft boards are very similar to yours. Just not Green Bay's

Deputy Nutz
I mean if I did the grading nonsense that people flock to after the draft I would give the Packers a D, but I don't do support that.

RashanGary
04-24-2020, 10:34 PM
That's a high pick for a RB and a high pick for a H back.

Lafleur wants to run the ball outside and mix in those boots real bad.

Gonna be interesting to see if they can put it together. You can envision some real nifty run/pass looks with the versatility, but you can envision it all flopping too.

GB-Brandon
They passed on Niang for a Fucken H-Back.

Yep. Rodgers is getting traded. There going to some power run game formation. Love will be playing sooner then later.

#4-12

Bretsky

We don’t even have a no.2 receiver but yet we’re drafting 2nd option RB’e and H-backs with top picks. Not to mention a back up QB.

This is beyond a disaster. If anyone here doesn’t believe the rebuild and re-set has started then you will never get it.

All three picks and what we gave up for them or where they were picked at are laughable.

ELIOTT WOLF ANYBODY ????????

George Cumby
Packers want to run the ball

Yup.

Smidgeon
04-24-2020, 10:35 PM
Now this feels like a Ted draft.

Finally, one that makes no sense. Back to the formula that works.

Actually laughed out loud on that one.

Well, it was an involuntary half-snort.

RashanGary
04-24-2020, 10:35 PM

I think it's more a shift to a new offensive philosophy. Sternberger and this 3rd round H back better pan out.

Bretsky
04-24-2020, 10:36 PM
I mean if I did the grading nonsense that people flock to after the draft I would give the Packers a D, but I don't do support that.

Well I give you a lot of credit; a lot of your analysis is spot on with where other GM's are taking these guys

It's like Gutebag is on coke or something; he's just out there.

Once upon a time we had a competent TT and a lot of great scouts. I think they are gone

GB-Brandon
04-24-2020, 10:36 PM
Rodgers does not fit what these guys want to do.

Rastak
04-24-2020, 10:37 PM
They passed on Niang for a Fucken H-Back.

Yep. Rodgers is getting traded. There going to some power run game formation. Love will be playing sooner then later.

#4-12

They can't trade him this year and you know it. Next year, perhaps.

GB-Brandon
04-24-2020, 10:38 PM
Yeah and everyone told me I was overeating yesterday:

This is worse then some of Thompson’s worst drafts.

Bretsky
04-24-2020, 10:38 PM
I think it's more a shift to a new offensive philosophy. Sternberger and this 3rd round H back better pan out.

We have so many flippin if's on this roster and we're hanging them all out to dry

IF if plus if plus if plus if plus if plus if all magically improve from within we'll be fine there

Bretsky
04-24-2020, 10:39 PM
F'ckin Ravens. I LOVE their draft

GB-Brandon
04-24-2020, 10:39 PM
They can't trade him this year and you know it. Next year, perhaps.

Yep. Next year he is gone. This team will be lucky to win 8 games this year and it will only go down from there.

esoxx
04-24-2020, 10:40 PM
This kid has a chance to contribute this year on special teams.

Special teams just got slightly better.

Maybe

Deputy Nutz
You can't really judge the last two picks right now. They could turn into complete studs. The Love pick is tough to wrap your head around as he was the 4th qb on just about everyone's board and the the QB board isn't all that deep or great this year.

GB-Brandon
F'ckin Ravens. I LOVE their draft

Yeah, Harrison would of filled another hole but we need an H-Back.

It’s laughable. It’s like there throwing the draft.

Bretsky
Patrick Queen and Maliq Harrison
JK Dobbins and Devin Duversay
and Justin Madubuike

They can shut the draft down now

Rastak
04-24-2020, 10:41 PM
Yep. Next year he is gone. This team will be lucky to win 8 games this year and it will only go down from there.

We shall see if they play any games. I think they may. Gonna be an interesting year.

mraynrand
04-24-2020, 10:41 PM
This kid has a chance to contribute this year on special teams.

Special teams just got slightly better.

Maybe

He has better knees than Jimmy Graham.

RashanGary
04-24-2020, 10:42 PM
Alexander/King/Amos/Savage gonna evolve into a cohesive group. The young guys up front too. Kirksey and company at ILB is a bit of a worry.

I like the defense being more sturdy as they evolve into a veteran group for the most part. But injuries could kill that too.

Offense is starting to show a new mold. Big, blocking WRs. A high pick H back. A very high pick for a zone runner. Sternberger. We gon be running the ball. That looks obvious. Let's see how it goes .

GB-Brandon
04-24-2020, 10:43 PM
Out of 3 rounds of drafting the only real impact they have created is some Dillion bowling ball runs.

Not enough to compete. Like I shared Gute wasn’t the right guy for this job. It’s over.

Smidgeon
04-24-2020, 10:43 PM
Everyone thought Collins was a major reach in the 2nd. Like Nutz said, it takes some time to judge the picks.

RashanGary
04-24-2020, 10:45 PM
Lazard, Funchess, EW and MVS are gonna play. Let's hope they develop.

Sternberger is gonna play. Let's hope he develops.

That's a really high pick for a zone runner AND another really high pick for a HBack. They better pan out.

We gonna be running the ball and using various play action, RPO and zone/boot concepts, that is clear.

George Cumby
04-24-2020, 10:45 PM
Everyone thought Collins was a major reach in the 2nd. Like Nutz said, it takes some time to judge the picks.

Yup. Three years.

MadtownPacker
04-24-2020, 10:46 PM
What if Rodgers goes down and the Love Machine comes in and goes on a tear?

https://youtu.be/GyABcyYluyw

Bretsky
04-24-2020, 10:47 PM
Out of 3 rounds of drafting the only real impact they have created is some Dillion bowling ball runs.

Not enough to compete. Like I shared Gute wasn’t the right guy for this job. It’s over.

Now I've patented that for years in here. OF COURSE, I was a big fan of Eliott Wolf and while I wanted him as our GM I'm not even sure where he is now.

I'd take him the last two days though

SMBASS
04-24-2020, 10:48 PM
Trading Rodgers for all the draft picks in the world doesn't mean crap if you're just going to continue to piss away the picks the way the Packers have over the last 5-7 years.

Bretsky
04-24-2020, 10:49 PM
Lazard, Funchess, EW and MVS are gonna play. Let's hope they develop.

Sternberger is gonna play. Let's hope he develops.

That's a really high pick for a zone runner AND another really high pick for a HBack. They better pan out.

We gonna be running the ball and using various play action, RPO and zone/boot concepts, that is clear.

I'd sure glad we have the stud fulled OL to run the ball down San Francisco and New Orleans throats

RashanGary
04-24-2020, 10:49 PM
I'm so curious to see how MLF uses the big blocking WRs who actually have some experience now, along with the deep stable of running backs, the high pick HBack and Sternberger. There's a chance it could be real hard to get a read on that type of run/pass personnel.

Deputy Nutz
04-24-2020, 10:50 PM
Dalton Keene was my guy. Good pick for the Pats.

Bretsky
04-24-2020, 10:50 PM
ON THE BRIGHTER SIDE

We gave away our 4th round pick so deep down we can relax and consider that one successful

wist43
04-24-2020, 10:51 PM
Alexander/King/Amos/Savage gonna evolve into a cohesive group. The young guys up front too. Kirksey and company at ILB is a bit of a worry.

I like the defense being more sturdy as they evolve into a veteran group for the most part. But injuries could kill that too.

Offense is starting to show a new mold. Big, blocking WRs. A high pick H back. A very high pick for a zone runner. Sternberger. We gon be running the ball. That looks obvious. Let's see how it goes .

They're planning on playing Burks at ILB - he can't play. At all.

Lancaster is a street FA on the DL and he's our #2 DL.

We have 1 WR, and our TE's aren't going to scare anyone.

Pretty sure Gute fired himself and Lefluer with this draft.

RashanGary
I'd sure glad we have the stud fulled OL to run the ball down San Francisco and New Orleans throats

A part of it is the run/pass uncertainty. It keeps DL tentative. Keeps LBs and Safeties on their heels too, not overcommitting.

Bretsky
I'm so curious to see how MLF uses the big blocking WRs who actually have some experience now, along with the deep stable of running backs, the high pick HBack and Sternberger. There's a chance it could be real hard to get a read on that type of run/pass personnel.

They won't have to use any extra DB's to cover our guys.......haha

Deputy Nutz
04-24-2020, 10:52 PM
They're planning on playing Burks at ILB - he can't play. At all.

Lancaster is a street FA on the DL and he's our #2 DL.

We have 1 WR, and our TE's aren't going to scare anyone.

Pretty sure Gute fired himself and Lefluer with this draft.

But Lafluer makes the girls cream their jeans!

QBME

Well, if it’s over, then it’s over. We sincerely appreciate all your contributions and thank you for all your contributions. Wish you well in your future endeavors.

GB-Brandon
Good Day Today. Another Solid “F”

Bretsky
04-24-2020, 10:53 PM
A part of it is the run/pass uncertainty. It keeps DL tentative. Keeps LBs and Safeties on their heels too, not overcommitting.

We're going to have to hope teams start cutting players so Gutebag can sign some more free agents. Regardless of how cute you want to be if your talent is overmatched it won't be consistent

call_me_ishmael
04-24-2020, 10:54 PM
This is a strange draft in my opinion. Amazingly, they seem to be the one team in the NFL getting slower. They also seem to try to be the opposite of the Ravens, where they have great success because they stick to a formula. I really dislike picking all of these weirdly size/speed players from weird schools. Stick to the big few schools and get the big time players.

Deputy Nutz
04-24-2020, 10:55 PM
There goes Davon Taylor LB from Colorado

GB-Brandon
But don’t worry anyone. We have Rashan Gary and Jordan Love to develop.

Rastak
Vikings trading out.

edit:

Courtney Cronin
@CourtneyRCronin
·
9s
The Vikings traded the 105th pick to New Orleans in exchange for Nos. 130, 169, 203, 244

Deputy Nutz
Good Day Today. Another Solid “F”

You sound like my Astronomy Professor

GB-Brandon
04-24-2020, 10:56 PM
Well, if it’s over, then it’s over. We sincerely appreciate all your contributions and thank you for all your contributions. Wish you well in your future endeavors.

So do you like watching runny shit or thick shit?

What’s your favorite kind of shit to eat?

wthigoot
04-24-2020, 10:57 PM
Vikings trading out.

edit:

Courtney Cronin
@CourtneyRCronin
·
9s
The Vikings traded the 105th pick to New Orleans in exchange for Nos. 130, 169, 203, 244

Saints going home?

Deputy Nutz
04-24-2020, 10:58 PM
So do you like watching runny shit or thick shit?

What’s your favorite kind of shit to eat?

Thats a good question, depending on the day I prefer shit from people that eat a lot of berries.

Bretsky
04-24-2020, 10:58 PM
Vikings trading out.

edit:

Courtney Cronin
@CourtneyRCronin
·
9s

WOW; that's a lot to get back

RashanGary
04-24-2020, 10:59 PM
Rick Wagner is actually an upgrade as a zone blocker to Bulaga.

Turner can zone block

Lindsley is prideful enough to be servicable

Jenkins can zone block

Bakh is prideful enough to be servicable

We have the OL to run outside zone. We have the running back now. We have an HBack who's specialty is blocking in space and Sternberger who is actually kinda fierce with his blocking attitude.

We have the WRs to seal the edges.

We are gonna see a lot more outside zone and a good amount of RPO and play action. Very diverse and unpredictable offense

Deputy Nutz
04-24-2020, 10:59 PM
Minnesota getting better

esoxx
04-24-2020, 11:00 PM
Adam Trautman off the board.

Little known fact, he is the grandson of Colonel Trautman from the movie "First Blood"

GB-Brandon
04-24-2020, 11:01 PM
Some dumbasses said -R-E-L-A-X and it was gonna get better today?

Who? With Loser GM Gute?

Deputy Nutz
Adam Trautman off the board.

Little known fact, he is the grandson of Colonel Trautman from the movie "First Blood"

All lies

Bretsky
Rick Wagner is actually an upgrade as a zone blocker to Bulaga.

Turner can zone block

Lindsley is prideful enough to be servicable

Jenkins can zone block

Bakh is prideful enough to be servicable

We have the OL to run outside zone. We have the running back now. We have an HBack who's specialty is blocking in space and Sternberger who is actually kinda fierce with his blocking attitude.

We have the WRs to seal the edges.

We are gonna see a lot more outside zone and a good amount of RPO and play action. Very diverse and unpredictable offense

WHATTT ???

RashanGary
This is moving toward that new scheme. Lafleur did a good job flexing last year cuz he didn't have the horses to run his stuff, but the offense is gonna change. That is clear. More toward the SF/Minn/old Denver look

call_me_ishmael
04-24-2020, 11:02 PM
Thats a good question, depending on the day I prefer shit from people that eat a lot of berries.

Opened thread to this. Lol what the hell did I just read ��

RashanGary
WHATTT ???

Bulaga is better pass pro, but clumsy on the move

Bretsky
Minnesota getting better

The Ravens follow your boards

Deputy Nutz
04-24-2020, 11:03 PM
Ravens gonna kill it?

For their gap scheme not a bad pick, little high for my blood.

GB-Brandon
04-24-2020, 11:03 PM
Minnesota getting better

Just about everyone getting better.

Packers “Getting Worse”

Bretsky
04-24-2020, 11:04 PM
Bulaga is better pass pro, but clumsy on the move

I like Wagner; he's a former Badger. But he's not better than Bulaga at anything IMO. Wagner is serviceable. He might stick for two years. But at his best he's average and sometimes not that good

Deputy Nutz
04-24-2020, 11:05 PM

Packers “Getting Worse”

Not my problem.

Deputy Nutz
04-24-2020, 11:05 PM
Opened thread to this. Lol what the hell did I just read ��

Better texture, and it smells better

RashanGary
04-24-2020, 11:06 PM
For a lot of years we had pass blockers as OL who were pass blockers first, second and third. Now we're going toward more balanced guys up front. We drafted an H back high and a zone runner high. It's not the shove the pass down their throats offense were used to, but let's see how it works.

Rastak
04-24-2020, 11:06 PM

Packers “Getting Worse”

How the fuck do you get worse? If the team adds nothing then they are the same, not worse.

Deputy Nutz
04-24-2020, 11:07 PM
Put draft day 2 to bed. Packers leave fans dumbfounded. ..... . . .

https://media1.tenor.com/images/da74b10b17a8191d41e03e38bcea4bd6/tenor.gif?itemid=10742417

Bretsky
04-24-2020, 11:07 PM
HOODY GENIUS HAS ABOUT THE BEST LOOKING DOG I'VE EVER SEEN..........SITTING IN HIS CHAIR WITH THE LAPTOP

mgordo
04-24-2020, 11:08 PM
4 3rd rounders for the Ravens? It feels like they had every other pick.. They killed it.

QBME
04-24-2020, 11:09 PM

Wasn’t sure how to respond, but this was outstanding!
Me thinks there is some angst management issues afoot.

Rastak
04-24-2020, 11:10 PM
Vikings have 13 picks tomorrow.......wtf is that? Seems crazy to me.

Bretsky
04-24-2020, 11:10 PM
For a lot of years we had pass blockers as OL who were pass blockers first, second and third. Now we're going toward more balanced guys up front. We drafted an H back high and a zone runner high. It's not the shove the pass down their throats offense were used to, but let's see how it works.

We don't have the offensive line personnell to do this. WE don't have the Titans OL of two years ago when MattyLaf ruined Mariotta but got the runnning game going.

RashanGary
04-24-2020, 11:11 PM
Our receivers block their asses off too. We're getting ready to run the damn ball

Bretsky
04-24-2020, 11:11 PM
Vikings have 13 picks tomorrow.......wtf is that? Seems crazy to me.

maybe you can have ours too and we'll take whoever you cut .........LOL

QBME
04-24-2020, 11:12 PM
Put draft day 2 to bed. Packers leave fans dumbfounded. ..... . . .

https://media1.tenor.com/images/da74b10b17a8191d41e03e38bcea4bd6/tenor.gif?itemid=10742417

Good Burger rules!!

Bretsky
04-24-2020, 11:13 PM
[QUOTE=RashanGary;1058222]Our receivers block their asses off too. We're getting ready to run the damn ball[/QUOT

They better cause besides Adams they don't get open

RashanGary
04-24-2020, 11:13 PM
We don't have the offensive line personnell to do this. WE don't have the Titans OL of two years ago when MattyLaf ruined Mariotta but got the runnning game going.

I really like our OL. Good veteran group. Top 10 for sure

Rastak
04-24-2020, 11:14 PM
Night guys.....see ya tomorrow.

Deputy Nutz
The best and first way to build a roster is with solid quality blocking from your receivers!

RashanGary
Pff had the Packers sixth last year. Sixth best OL

Vincenzo
04-24-2020, 11:15 PM
This is a good one:

“ Pretty sure Gute fired himself and Lefluer with this draft.”

Deputy Nutz
04-24-2020, 11:15 PM

You are the most optimistic drunk I have ever been around.

RashanGary
04-24-2020, 11:16 PM
The best and first way to build a roster is with solid quality blocking from your receivers!

It's part of outside zone runs and all runs

Bretsky
04-24-2020, 11:16 PM

Were we top 10 last year ? I honestly don't know. We might have been. We're not better. McGinnn did a nice grade out of each one of them. We have a whole lotta average on that OL. There is a really good OG fro UW Madison still out there who will be a solid OG in the NFL I think I'd take him over any of our draft picks so far...lol

Bretsky
04-24-2020, 11:18 PM
It's part of outside zone runs and all runs

Dude if you were an Eskimo you could sell yourself an ice cubs

But as an Eskimo I'm not buying your ice cube

Deputy Nutz
04-24-2020, 11:18 PM
Biadasz is so beat to shit, I am not sure how much his body has left.

wthigoot
04-24-2020, 11:19 PM
#192 from Raiders for T. Davis is now showing as Detroit. Was there a trade?

Must have been seeing things. Now it's back.

Bretsky
04-24-2020, 11:23 PM
Pff had the Packers sixth last year. Sixth best OL

Fair enough

But keep in mind we downgraded. As an OT Bulaga is probably an 8 and Wagner a 5. Assume a bit of improvement from the 2nd yr guy. Upside of the others is pretty minimal. But they'll be ok.

But our blue chip players on offense are Rodgers, Jones, and Adams. And part of Jones being elite is as a pass catcher.

So if the strategy is to take the ball out of 2 of the 3 playmakers hands more, and pound the ball and play great defense (Raven Like) and you think we have the personall for that.....I would replay....You got Gutebagged

Bretsky
04-24-2020, 11:24 PM
Biadasz is so beat to shit, I am not sure how much his body has left.

Well that's a good point; they pound their OL at the UW

KYPack
04-24-2020, 11:26 PM
J DEGUARA played very little H-Back for UC. Luke Fickell, UC head coach is a solid college coach and has me watching Cincy again. I plan on going to a UC game this fall. Deguara is a a classic in line Y. He would play in tight or sometimes in a 3 -4 yard split. He's the kind of grinder that loves to hit TE.

He had one play last season that kind of defined his play. He ran a dig route, but the QB threw a pick to the other side of the field. Deguara hustled his ass off, chased the DB and caused a fumble. UC recovered the fumble and went on to win the ball game.

At the time it happened, I thought " I hope the Pack picks him up as a CFA". I didn't think this kid would be our 3rd rnd pick, but now he is. He loves to hit and is a hustler. I'll take him. He's an old school hard-nosed football player.

HarveyWallbangers
04-24-2020, 11:30 PM
Ugh! Like Dillon, I liked Deguara more than most. He was the consensus 13th best TE by the boards I looked at. I had him 8th, and I may have had him higher if I didn't want to look like a fool. My scouting with these guys was pretty good. However, Dillon felt like third round value and we took him in the second. Deguara felt like fourth round value and we took him in the third. The draft is getting worse by the pick. Dillon might have been early, but he and Moss were my next up. I like Deguara enough, but not ahead of Trautman and Harrison Bryant.

This feels like a disaster of a draft, and the only thing to save it is Jordan Love becoming a Pro Bowl caliber QB.

Bretsky
04-24-2020, 11:33 PM
Ugh! Like Dillon, I liked Deguara more than most. He was the consensus 13th best TE by the boards I looked at. I had him 8th, and I may have had him higher if I didn't want to look like a fool. My scouting with these guys was pretty good. However, Dillon felt like third round value and we took him in the second. Deguara felt like fourth round value and we took him in the third. The draft is getting worse by the pick. Dillon might have been early, but he and Moss were my next up. I like Deguara enough, but not ahead of Trautman and Harrison Bryant.

This feels like a disaster of a draft, and the only thing to save it is Jordan Love becoming a Pro Bowl caliber QB.

good analysis

RashanGary
04-24-2020, 11:33 PM
Dude if you were an Eskimo you could sell yourself an ice cubs

But as an Eskimo I'm not buying your ice cube

Lol!!!! Look, let's see what they do!

They're very specialized pieces. A freaking HBack and a zone runner. Let's see how they put it together. And the QB is a firey competitor with all the physical tools. Let's see this shit play out. All I'm saying is it's interesting to picture fitting these guys with our guys. They can do some things

HarveyWallbangers
04-24-2020, 11:34 PM
A couple of comps for Deguara that I've heard are Delanie Walker and Kyle Juszczyk (some think he'll convert to more of an H-Back/FB type). Juszczyk was a college TE who converted to FB.

RashanGary
04-24-2020, 11:35 PM
J DEGUARA played very little H-Back for UC. Luke Fickell, UC head coach is a solid college coach and has me watching Cincy again. I plan on going to a UC game this fall. Deguara is a a classic in line Y. He would play in tight or sometimes in a 3 -4 yard split. He's the kind of grinder that loves to hit TE.

He had one play last season that kind of defined his play. He ran a dig route, but the QB threw a pick to the other side of the field. Deguara hustled his ass off, chased the DB and caused a fumble. UC recovered the fumble and went on to win the ball game.

At the time it happened, I thought " I hope the Pack picks him up as a CFA". I didn't think this kid would be our 3rd rnd pick, but now he is. He loves to hit and is a hustler. I'll take him. He's an old school hard-nosed football player.

Nice! And Dillon runs hard. Let's see how it comes together!

Bretsky
04-24-2020, 11:37 PM
Lol!!!! Look, let's see what they do!

They're very specialized pieces. A freaking HBack and a zone runner. Let's see how they put it together. And the QB is a firey competitor with all the physical tools. Let's see this shit play out. All I'm saying is it's interesting to picture fitting these guys with our guys. They can do some things

I had high aspirations to win a Super Bowl in the next three years while we have a franchise QB

We didn't take steps toward that today IMO

Time will tell; I'm just fine with a rebuild

HarveyWallbangers
04-24-2020, 11:38 PM
Who knew Love would be our best pick.

Bretsky
04-24-2020, 11:38 PM
I hope we trade our fifth round draft pick to a team who has two sixths

Bretsky
04-24-2020, 11:40 PM
Who knew Love would be our best pick.

Gutebag's career will forever be tied to a deal that pretty much everybody feels was unfair. He better be a pro bowler for his sake

RashanGary
04-24-2020, 11:42 PM
Rick Wagner usually scores about the same as Bulaga except last year.

call_me_ishmael
04-24-2020, 11:43 PM
Rick Wagner usually scores about the same as Bulaga except last year.

You dramatically under estimate how fantastic Bulaga was.

call_me_ishmael
04-24-2020, 11:46 PM
The TE pick is puzzling. He is slow like Richard Rodgers but short. He doesn't seem to have any redeeming quality that would justify a third round pick on paper. I don't see it, I guess.

HarveyWallbangers
04-24-2020, 11:55 PM
The TE pick is puzzling. He is slow like Richard Rodgers but short. He doesn't seem to have any redeeming quality that would justify a third round pick on paper. I don't see it, I guess.

He isn't that slow. He ran 4.72--which was better than average at the combine. Rodgers ran a 4.87.

HarveyWallbangers
04-25-2020, 12:01 AM
Honestly, I think Gutey got outsmarted in this draft. My guess is he had his eye on Brandon Aiyuk in round 1, but the 49ers outmanuevered him. Demovsky wrote that the Packers liked Denzel Mims. He got close to their spot, but Gutey didn't move up. New England traded up before our pick to take Devin Asiasi--who is a better version of Deguara IMHO. It's like other teams knew who we liked. I blame it on the virtual draft. :)

Bretsky
04-25-2020, 12:08 AM
Honestly, I think Gutey got outsmarted in this draft. My guess is he had his eye on Brandon Aiyuk in round 1, but the 49ers outmanuevered him. Demovsky wrote that the Packers liked Denzel Mims. He got close to their spot, but Gutey didn't move up. New England traded up before our pick to take Devin Asiasi--who is a better version of Deguara IMHO. It's like other teams knew who we liked. I blame it on the virtual draft. :)

Best analysis so for; I agree; I think Gutebag lost his jockstrap today. Most publications giving our round 2 pick low C range grade and round 3 in the D's noting way way too early for him.

The round one trade baffled me for Love; nobody ahead of us was taking him. Colts "apparently" wanted to move up but that does not mean we need to overpay

Bretsky
04-25-2020, 12:09 AM
TREG WINGO on NFL network just made a crack at the State of WI's expense.....joked some fans are confused upset....and the slipped in Wisconsin

oldbutnotdeadyet
04-25-2020, 05:41 AM
TREG WINGO on NFL network just made a crack at the State of WI's expense.....joked some fans are confused upset....and the slipped in Wisconsin

Day 2 draft grades are not being kind to the Packers. Not that they are correct, just saying...

The only thing that makes sense at this point is they have thrown in the towel and are building for the future. But even if that is true, I am not sure I agree with the initial pieces :huh:

mraynrand
04-25-2020, 07:37 AM

Forget about draft position and think about building an offense. Kittle was drafted in the fifth, but the dude plays like a monster. That’s what I want from one TE position in this offense. Same with the running back. Thrilled to have him. I was frustrated that they were throwing Jones into the fray on obvious running downs and he isn’t that kind of back. It mostly wastes his talents and might wear him down. Now they have a brutal steamroller. Should be a good fit. Probably need to get one of Tex’s ‘road graders’ in there at RT to make it complete.

mraynrand
04-25-2020, 07:43 AM
Honestly, I think Gutey got outsmarted in this draft. My guess is he had his eye on Brandon Aiyuk in round 1, but the 49ers outmanuevered him.

PB floated this theory in another thread. It’s an interesting theory, but they’d have to be totally in the dark that SF was moving ahead of them to get the same guy. Maybe Flower and Shanahan were chatting too much in the off-season?

I have to say, I can’t recall a team getting out maneuvered like this. Anyone else?

pbmax
04-25-2020, 11:13 AM

The effect of not having a fourth round selection.

pbmax
04-25-2020, 11:17 AM
PB floated this theory in another thread. It’s an interesting theory, but they’d have to be totally in the dark that SF was moving ahead of them to get the same guy. Maybe Flower and Shanahan were chatting too much in the off-season?

I have to say, I can’t recall a team getting out maneuvered like this. Anyone else?

Its possible they just did not like the price of moving up. Cost them a 4th to prevent teams coming back into the first to get a fifth year contract option on the only QB left with a possible first round grade.

Packers not likely to trade with Minny. Question is, who was San Fran trying to get in front of? Packers were still at 30. Miami, Baltimore were not likely to take a WR. Maybe Dolphins but they already took CD Lamb.

Someone else might have leaked that they were trying to move up I guess.

HarveyWallbangers
04-25-2020, 11:26 AM
Cowboys took Lamb.

pbmax
04-25-2020, 12:06 PM
Cowboys took Lamb.

My bad, crossed the lines on my draft sheet.

So the answer might not just have been 49ers jumping over the Packers but also the Dolphins.

Bretsky
04-25-2020, 01:15 PM
My bad, crossed the lines on my draft sheet.

So the answer might not just have been 49ers jumping over the Packers but also the Dolphins.

It was pretty dam obvious GB wanted a top tier WR and SF took the steps necessary to do what Gutebag failed it....if you think he wanted Aiyak, list most do

The real question, and MOTHERLOAD of F'ck ups by Gutebag was ?????////

THE JETS......CAPTAIN OBVIOUS....Needed a WR; everybody thought round 1-Didn't happen

HOW the F'CK do you not move up 3 picks for Denzel Mims in round 2 and jump the Jets ???

pbmax
04-26-2020, 08:37 AM
It was pretty dam obvious GB wanted a top tier WR and SF took the steps necessary to do what Gutebag failed it....if you think he wanted Aiyak, list most do

The real question, and MOTHERLOAD of F'ck ups by Gutebag was ?????////

THE JETS......CAPTAIN OBVIOUS....Needed a WR; everybody thought round 1-Didn't happen

HOW the F'CK do you not move up 3 picks for Denzel Mims in round 2 and jump the Jets ???

Gute likes big WR. No guarantee he wanted Aiyuk.

mraynrand
04-26-2020, 08:42 AM
Gute likes big WR. No guarantee he wanted Aiyuk.

EVIL!