PDA

View Full Version : 2006 Live DRAFT Thread

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Rastak
04-29-2006, 06:47 AM
I started JSO last year so in keeping with that tradition.....IT'S DRAFT DAY!

Man I love draft day....the day teams draft some stiffs we think will be pro bowlers and sometimes actually finds one. Packers draft will be facinating to watch while Minnesota has quite a few 1st day picks.....should be a fun day.

FavreChild
04-29-2006, 07:21 AM
Is it too early for a bloody mary? :mrgreen:

ND72
04-29-2006, 07:24 AM
oh baby i'm pumped. gotta finish packing, head up to appleton by 930, sit back with a couple cocktails when Pauly starts the draft and watch it on a GINORMOUS screen. And this year, when i'm eatting lunch, the Packers will be selecting!!!!

Rastak
04-29-2006, 07:33 AM

It is unfortunately. However, it is noon right now somewhere in the world.

Fritz
04-29-2006, 07:58 AM
I wish I could be in Green Bay for the draft. However, I'll be watching my daughter play soccer in Detroit instead...and stealing away to the truck to listen to the radio and hope that they announce TT has traded down with Oakland or Buffalo and STILL gets AJ Hawk.

MJZiggy
04-29-2006, 08:05 AM

Gotta have your morning juice. :cool:

Rastak
04-29-2006, 08:23 AM
Well, I'm armed with Sportingnews warroom and ESPN insider so I'll post player BIOs during the draft unless I get bored silly doing it or if this place is empty.

GBRulz
04-29-2006, 08:31 AM
Rastak - you forgot to make this an "OFFICIAL" thread :wink:

I will be watching until I have to go to a wedding later today :sad:

Rastak
04-29-2006, 08:34 AM

Is it me or did Mad screw up the board color scheme?

MadtownPacker
04-29-2006, 08:36 AM

Is it me or did Mad screw up the board color scheme?

Isnt it fixed now?

Scott Campbell
04-29-2006, 08:52 AM
From the Rumor Mill at ProFootballTalk.com:

POSTED 7:43 a.m. EDT, April 29, 2006

STRIKE THREE FOR LENDALE

The Los Angeles Daily News reports that former USC running back tested positive during an NFL-administered drug test, citing multiple unnamed sources.

"(The NFL) ain't worried about it," White said on Friday. "The issue's been addressed."

Although the Daily News cites several sources who claim that the positive test occurred at the February scouting combine, White's name wasn't on the list that was circulated to teams on or about April 21. The only two players listed on that, um, list were LSU defensive tackle Claude Wroten and Missouri State kicker Jon Scifres.

Indeed, information regarding the positive results at the combine typically isn't disseminated the day before the draft.

"If it's out, it's got to be a combine test," a source with knowledge of NFL drug testing told the Daily News. "Some teams also give their own tests but those are at individual workouts and no one releases those."

Regardless of when the sample was collected, White is officially scuh-rewed.

White showed up for his pro day on April 2 and engaged in no activities beyond the 225-pound bench, in which he threw up an abysmal 15 reps.

Strike one.

He later disclosed that he has a torn hamstring, as diagnosed by a chiropractor. Though it was suggested in some media reports that White would get confirmation from a medical doctor with a specialty regarding hamstring injuries, confirmation never came.

Strike two.

Positive drug test?

Caught looking. Strike three.

The only question now is whether White takes his medicine like a man -- or whether he throws the bat at someone.

Rastak
04-29-2006, 09:17 AM
From the Rumor Mill at ProFootballTalk.com:

POSTED 7:43 a.m. EDT, April 29, 2006

STRIKE THREE FOR LENDALE

The Los Angeles Daily News reports that former USC running back tested positive during an NFL-administered drug test, citing multiple unnamed sources.

"(The NFL) ain't worried about it," White said on Friday. "The issue's been addressed."

Although the Daily News cites several sources who claim that the positive test occurred at the February scouting combine, White's name wasn't on the list that was circulated to teams on or about April 21. The only two players listed on that, um, list were LSU defensive tackle Claude Wroten and Missouri State kicker Jon Scifres.

Indeed, information regarding the positive results at the combine typically isn't disseminated the day before the draft.

"If it's out, it's got to be a combine test," a source with knowledge of NFL drug testing told the Daily News. "Some teams also give their own tests but those are at individual workouts and no one releases those."

Regardless of when the sample was collected, White is officially scuh-rewed.

White showed up for his pro day on April 2 and engaged in no activities beyond the 225-pound bench, in which he threw up an abysmal 15 reps.

Strike one.

He later disclosed that he has a torn hamstring, as diagnosed by a chiropractor. Though it was suggested in some media reports that White would get confirmation from a medical doctor with a specialty regarding hamstring injuries, confirmation never came.

Strike two.

Positive drug test?

Caught looking. Strike three.

The only question now is whether White takes his medicine like a man -- or whether he throws the bat at someone.

I have a dark green backround, almost impossible to read.

Hmmmm, this isn't going to be easy.....

Rastak
04-29-2006, 09:29 AM
I guess it's vmware and IE until Mad wakes up.

Charles Woodson
04-29-2006, 09:31 AM
UGHH damnit it is it just me or does time seem to freeze about an hour and a half before the draft?

Rastak
04-29-2006, 09:32 AM
UGHH damnit it is it just me or does time seem to freeze about an hour and a half before the draft?Yes it does....

from PFT:

EAGLES EYEING A MOVE BACK TO THE TOP TEN?

Multiple sources have mentioned to us that the Philadelphia Eagles are looking at trading back into the top ten in order to swoop down on Florida State DT Broderick Bunkley.

Mentioned as possible trade partners are the Raiders (who hold the 7th pick,) the Bills (one pick behind Oakland at 8th overall,) and possibly the Lions (9th overall who may want to add more first round wideout busts to the roster with a later pick.)

gbpackfan
04-29-2006, 09:32 AM
are you guys listening to AM620!

A deal with the saints is close!

Rastak
04-29-2006, 09:33 AM

A deal with the saints is close!For what, Walker or the #2?

imscott72
04-29-2006, 09:34 AM

A deal with the saints is close!

Yeah we need more info..Is 620 available on the net?

gbpackfan
04-29-2006, 09:35 AM
GUYS!

The pack and saints are going to switch first round picks! According to sources the deal is very close. Not for sure though. But they are working it out now.

GB gives up our 1, 3rd round pick and Javon and we get REGGIE!

gbpackfan
04-29-2006, 09:36 AM
I think wtmj.com?

Bill Michaels broke in and reported it a few minutes ago!

I SWEAR TO GOD. I AM NOT MAKING THIS UP!

Charles Woodson
I like that we keep our 2nd, but idk. If reggie is a bust, i will do more than slash TT's tires

imscott72
Ok, I've got 620 on my laptop here. Lets see what they say..Huh, what are they talking about? Hurricanes??

gbpackfan
04-29-2006, 09:37 AM
It is some tour show, but they break in from time to time with updates

Bush is the man!

Rastak
04-29-2006, 09:37 AM
GUYS!

The pack and saints are going to switch first round picks! According to sources the deal is very close. Not for sure though. But they are working it out now.

GB gives up our 1, 3rd round pick and Javon and we get REGGIE!Hmmm, that might not be a bad deal....win/win. The Saints get a 3 in a deep draft, they get Walker and probably Hawk.

Packers get the next coming of Sayers if the experts are right.

imscott72
04-29-2006, 09:38 AM
I think wtmj.com?

Bill Michaels broke in and reported it a few minutes ago!

I SWEAR TO GOD. I AM NOT MAKING THIS UP!

Wow I'd do that in a second. This rocks if true. I had a feeling we might package Javon in a trade to move up. Mr Favre would friggin love this...

Anti-Polar Bear
04-29-2006, 09:39 AM
I am starting to look like a genius. I predicted that Packers will draft Bush, just last nite!

gbpackfan
04-29-2006, 09:41 AM
Tank,

You predicted we would get Moss.

You predict a ton of crap!

Throw enough sh*t on the wall and some of it will stick, right?

imscott72
I am starting to look like a genius. I predicted that Packers will draft Bush, just last nite!

Ok, ok lets play devils advocate here. What if we do draft Bush? What do we do with Gado, Green, and Poop? I say Batman gets traded for an 07 pick?

Anti-Polar Bear
If we draft Bush, he plays behind Green, at least for 1 year.

Anti-Polar Bear
04-29-2006, 09:43 AM
Only Green can claim that he is both thunder and lightning. The rest is either THunder OR lightning. Ahman Green is that GOOD.

Rastak
04-29-2006, 09:43 AM
If we draft Bush, he plays behind Green, at least for 1 year.Word is he's not an every down back so you work him in with Green....poop could be the 3rd down guy and maybe you trade Gado.

Or you run Gado Bush and cut Green after camp.

Anti-Polar Bear
04-29-2006, 09:45 AM
Tank,

I said I want us to get Moss and Huff.

I said I think Thompson will trade up to get Bush.

Big diference.

Of course, i could be wrong.

imscott72
04-29-2006, 09:45 AM

I agree we work him in, but we still have more than we need at the position. Maybe Davenport gets traded, but I hate to see Gado rot on the bench as a #3 back..

imscott72
04-29-2006, 09:46 AM
Tank,

I said I want us to get Moss and Huff.

I said I think Thompson will trade up to get Bush.

Big diference.

Of course, i could be wrong.

Yeah he did say that. I read it last night. I also thought we'd package Javon in a deal with the Aints. Lets see if it materializes.

Rastak
04-29-2006, 09:47 AM

I agree we work him in, but we still have more than we need at the position. Maybe Davenport gets traded, but I hate to see Gado rot on the bench as a #3 back..Yea, it might be best to just cut Green.

Anti-Polar Bear
04-29-2006, 09:47 AM

I agree we work him in, but we still have more than we need at the position. Maybe Davenport gets traded, but I hate to see Gado rot on the bench as a #3 back..

Yeah, if Bush is a pack; Either Davenport or Gado is the odd man out. I dont really know. I will be mad if thompson trades or cut Green.

Scott Campbell
04-29-2006, 09:49 AM

ROFL

Anti-Polar Bear
04-29-2006, 09:50 AM

I agree we work him in, but we still have more than we need at the position. Maybe Davenport gets traded, but I hate to see Gado rot on the bench as a #3 back..Yea, it might be best to just cut Green.

Rastak, you are just saying that cos you want to see green as a vikes. You probably is sick of seeing Green beat you guys eveythime.

The metro dome should be named the Ahman Green Dome; green has tons of sucess there.

imscott72
04-29-2006, 09:51 AM

Yeah, if Bush is a pack; Either Davenport or Gado is the odd man out. I dont really know. I will be mad if thompson trades or cut Green.

I'd rather have Gado over Green. Ahman has taken a beating on that frame of his, who knows how his health will hold up this year. Youth over age..Gado has nice potential imo...I guess I'd be ok with Green, Gado, Bush on the depth chart. All three getting carries to keep fresh..

Rastak
04-29-2006, 09:52 AM
Tank, I'm looking at it objectively. Gado has a huge upside and Davenport is a solid 3rd down guy...Gado/Bush makes more sense than Green/Bush in my opinion.

imscott72
04-29-2006, 09:53 AM
More news coming in from TMJ. Sounds like this is really taking shape..Javon, our 1st, and what pick? I missed that. They didn't our 2nd did they?

Rastak
04-29-2006, 09:54 AM
More news coming in from TMJ. Sounds like this is really taking shape..Javon, our 1st, and what pick? I missed that. They didn't our 2nd did they?

someone said your 3

Tarlam!
I hate to rain on this parade, but I don't think Bush is that great. I hope we take Hawk at #5 and let Javon ROT IN RETIREMENT HELL!

Anti-Polar Bear
Tank, I'm looking at it objectively. Gado has a huge upside and Davenport is a solid 3rd down guy...Gado/Bush makes more sense than Green/Bush in my opinion.

I think a Green/Bush combo would give the Pack more. Kidda like Bush/White, although Green is no White, hes more like Walter Payton. Green is just damn good.

imscott72
04-29-2006, 09:55 AM

someone said your 3

Ok, that sounds better. I wouldn't be happy about giving up our high 2nd. A 3rd is alright..

Rastak
I hate to rain on this parade, but I don't think Bush is that great. I hope we take Hawk at #5 and let Javon ROT IN RETIREMENT HELL!Good morning/afternoon tarlem....I wish they'd do that too ....

Kiwon
JW, our 1st and 3rd for the #2 pick (Reggie Bush).

Rastak
04-29-2006, 09:56 AM

Doesn't it seem the Saints get the better end of this deal? Unless Bush is unbelieveable in the NFL....then I guess it's cool for GB.

Scott Campbell
04-29-2006, 09:57 AM
Ripped from JSO:

Bill Michaels reports on wtmj radio at 9:50am Packers trade JW #5 and 3rd round pick to NO for #2 and will take Bush.

Michaels says source within Packers.

Charles Woodson
04-29-2006, 09:58 AM
Dont know if this is true,

But a buddy of mine said that on ESPN he said that he heard, is walker and driver for lelie and the 15th pick

Dont know if this is true th, but still, i dont like it much

Anti-Polar Bear
04-29-2006, 09:59 AM
Ripped from JSO:

Bill Michaels reports on wtmj radio at 9:50am Packers trade JW #5 and 3rd round pick to NO for #2 and will take Bush.

Michaels says source within Packers.

At first I wasnt attrached to Bush, but after watching some of his hightlight films, i fell in love.

Though I love Green more.

imscott72

Doesn't it seem the Saints get the better end of this deal? Unless Bush is unbelieveable in the NFL....then I guess it's cool for GB.

Sure its a risk, but Bush looks like a real deal to almost everyone. Can everyone be wrong? If he indeed does turn out to be Marshall Faulk like, how can you not do this deal?

RashanGary
Our first, second and Walker....Hmm........I think that is just enough to get it done....

Vernon Davis
De Meco Ryans VS Reggie Bush
Davin Joseph

Scott Campbell

I essense, that's what Ted would be saying with this trade. He must think Reggie is the next coming of Barry Sanders.

Kiwon

I'm scared to criticize TT today. Some will be anointing him the second coming of Lombardi.

Tarlam!
04-29-2006, 10:00 AM
I don't believe we let Driver slide after his perormance last season. He was the only guy on offense. And Samkon the Great...

imscott72
04-29-2006, 10:00 AM
Dont know if this is true,

But a buddy of mine said that on ESPN he said that he heard, is walker and driver for lelie and the 15th pick

Dont know if this is true th, but still, i dont like it much

Walker and Driver?? No way...Bullshit...I'll never believe that one...We don't even want Lelie..

Scott Campbell
04-29-2006, 10:01 AM
I'm scared to criticize TT today. Some will be anointing him the second coming of Lombardi.

I'm no historian, but I never thought Vince's reputation was built upon draft day trades.

Charles Woodson
Man how i wish we had another 2nd. cause we could do it this way

1st Bush

2nd Best LB, Carpenter? HOward? Ryan?

other secound, D. Joseph

imscott72
Our first, second and Walker....Hmm........I think that is just enough to get it done....

Vernon Davis
De Meco Ryans VS Reggie Bush
Davin Joseph

Our 1st and 2nd is too steep because we have the first pick in the 2nd. Our 3rd is much more appropriate.

Anti-Polar Bear
04-29-2006, 10:02 AM

I'm no historian, but I never thought Vince's reputation was built upon draft day trades.

Thompson is no lombardi, hes not even as good as Sherman.

imscott72
04-29-2006, 10:05 AM

Come on Tank. It's way too early to judge TT. Lets see what kind of team we field in September before we throw him under the bus.

Scott Campbell
04-29-2006, 10:05 AM

ROFL

Sherman the GM?

Anti-Polar Bear
04-29-2006, 10:06 AM

Come on Tank. It's way too early to judge TT. Lets see what kind of team we field in September before we throw him under the bus.

ive seen enough...of 4-12.

Scott Campbell
04-29-2006, 10:08 AM
From PFT:

POSTED 9:59 a.m. EDT, April 29, 2006 - by TechGuySean

EAGLES EYEING A MOVE BACK TO THE TOP TEN?

Multiple sources have mentioned to us that the Philadelphia Eagles are looking at trading back into the top ten in order to swoop down on Florida State DT Broderick Bunkley.

Mentioned as possible trade partners are the Raiders (who hold the 7th pick,) the Bills (one pick behind Oakland at 8th overall,) and possibly the Lions (9th overall who may want to add more first round wideout busts to the roster with a later pick.)

Anti-Polar Bear
04-29-2006, 10:08 AM

ROFL

Sherman the GM?

yep; GMs, like coahes, are judged by win and loss. Sherman was a winner. Nuff said.

imscott72
04-29-2006, 10:12 AM

ive seen enough...of 4-12.

4-12 was 90% Sherman and bad luck injuries. Sure TT could have re-signed Whale and Marco, but he didn't and now we lots of cap room. Did we have enough to get to the Bowl with those 2? I highly doubt it. The jury is out on TT until later this year imo...

Scott Campbell
04-29-2006, 10:14 AM
yep; GMs, like coahes, are judged by win and loss. Sherman was a winner. Nuff said.

Of course he was Tank. In fact, he was judged to have done such a great GM job for the Packers that he's now been promoted to offensive line coach with the expansion Houston Texans.

packrulz
04-29-2006, 10:14 AM
Bush can do it all, run, catch return kicks, a dynamo from anywhere on the field. TT drafted Super MVP Shaun Alexander so he knows a good RB when he sees one. Good start to the draft!

jack's smirking revenge
04-29-2006, 10:15 AM
Don't you guys know enough not to argue this point with Tank? Many of us have tried over and over. He's a hardcore TT hater and no argument will sway him. Move on....

I'm on the patience bus. I think TT will come around with time to implement his plan. He had to correct the many errors from the Sherman regime. (No, I'm not arguing this point with you Tank and you most likely will try.)

Bush for JWalk and our 3 is a good deal, though I think the NFL would be pissed. They want Bush in a big market team with huge upside.

tyler

CyclonePackFan
04-29-2006, 10:15 AM
Morning, bitches.

Just woke up, psyched out. Ready to roll.

No Mo Moss
04-29-2006, 10:16 AM
This whole trading up thing isn't going to happen, nor should it. We will have our pick of Davis and Hawk (hopefully) GULP!

Rastak
04-29-2006, 10:17 AM
Morning, bitches.

Just woke up, psyched out. Ready to roll.
Psyched out or psyched up?

CyclonePackFan
04-29-2006, 10:18 AM
Both.

Rastak
04-29-2006, 10:18 AM
This whole trading up thing isn't going to happen, nor should it. We will have our pick of Davis and Hawk (hopefully) GULP!

Is it your gut feel that Green Bay or the Saints would refuse to pull the trigger? If I'm NO I'd do that trade in a second.

RashanGary
04-29-2006, 10:19 AM
It could happen. I don't think N.O. wants to go lower than 5 and I think they really want to dump that pick.

Kiwon
04-29-2006, 10:19 AM
OK the deal is Bush for #5 (+Walker)
Rumor from JSO:

Confirmed by New Orleans Media guy who is in contact with Saints front office.

Two problems are holding it up from being announced;

1. Bush contract demends
2. Walker contract demands for an extension

The Saints don't want to tie up 1/3 their salary on two backs. They really don't need Bush, and the $ is a big deal. The Jets have no interest, only the Lions have inquired, but that is for Vince Young. The Packers working out a deal with Bush shouldn't be an issue so it really comes down to Walker working out an extension first.

CyclonePackFan
04-29-2006, 10:20 AM

Is it your gut feel that Green Bay or the Saints would refuse to pull the trigger? If I'm NO I'd do that trade in a second.

Sadly, I'm saying the same thing. I never thought GB would pull a trade like this, but NO has to like it. Although I don't think it meets the "3 1st round picks" that they've been demanding from other teams.

RashanGary
I don't mean to be a prick but even though Rastak is a good guy I feel like an enemy is in the room every time he speaks....

You can just feel him hoping for the worste and it's annoying.

Scott Campbell

I'm a little torn. I think Reggie might be worth it, but I can't help feeling we could have traded up to the number 1 pick for less just a few days ago.

CyclonePackFan
04-29-2006, 10:23 AM
ZOMG COUNTDOWN CLOCK GO FASTER PLZKTHX

swede
04-29-2006, 10:24 AM
You think Walker and his family is a pain in the ass? Bush's family jeopardized his whole collegiate career by taking a house free from slimy "marketing group". They will be a royal entourage-size headache his whole career. He is going to want more than Mario or he won't sign anyway.

No way do I want a spoiled f*cker like this as a Packer. And to give up picks in this draft is lunacy.

imscott72
Multiple sources with the team are now saying the deal is done or very close to being done.

source:WTMJ...

RashanGary
I highly doubt N.O. wants Reggie Bush....He is incredible but he has no place in N.O.

hurleyfan
04-29-2006, 10:25 AM
Wow!

Bretsky

I'm a little torn. I think Reggie might be worth it, but I can't help feeling we could have traded up to the number 1 pick for less just a few days ago.

THIS DEAL IS NOT HAPPENING; THE SAINTS WANTED TWO EXTRA #1'S FOR BUSH; WHY WOULD THEY TAKE WALKER AND A THIRD ?

swede
If this is true I'm going to be ticked off all pre-season.

5' 9" that sucked shit in the biggest game of his career.

No Mo Moss
04-29-2006, 10:26 AM
I will believe this when I actually see Bush presented with a Green and Gold jersey at Radio City. After hearing this rumor repeated over and over and over, and me saying over over and over it will never happen, either I will eat crow or this will not happen. Probably won't happen.

Scott Campbell
04-29-2006, 10:27 AM
THIS DEAL IS NOT HAPPENING; THE SAINTS WANTED TWO EXTRA #1'S FOR BUSH; WHY WOULD THEY TAKE WALKER AND A THIRD ?

I can't say if it is, or isn't happening. I'm just forwarding juicy rumors. Do with them what you will.

What the Saints say the want, and what they'll actually take may be two entirely different packages.

swede
04-29-2006, 10:27 AM
You think Walker and his family is a pain in the ass? Bush's family jeopardized his whole collegiate career by taking a house free from slimy "marketing group". They will be a royal entourage-size headache his whole career. He is going to want more than Mario or he won't sign anyway.

No way do I want a spoiled f*cker like this as a Packer. And to give up picks in this draft is lunacy.

Please let this deal fall apart.

hurleyfan
04-29-2006, 10:29 AM

Please let this deal fall apart.I can't see it happening, a lot of$$ to sign him, plus the "family baggage?"

Tarlam!
What Swede said. I don't want Reggie Bush.

I want a smash-mouth LB!

imscott72
I don't mean to be a prick but even though Rastak is a good guy I feel like an enemy is in the room every time he speaks....

Yeah I agree. Sorry Ras I think your a good guy, but your looking through purple colored glasses at all this. I don't know how you can think this is a bad deal for the Packers and great for the Saints. I think it's fair for both sides.

Rastak

You can just feel him hoping for the worste and it's annoying.I'm not your enemy Nick, don't bash my team and I won't bash yours.

Look, you CAN have an objective opinion on things right? I think Walker and #5 for #2 is a fairer deal for GB.

hurleyfan
04-29-2006, 10:30 AM
I'd like to see Vernon Davis! Help for the O

Tarlam!
04-29-2006, 10:30 AM
I say we need more players, not less. If TT nabs Bush, where is he gonna get his players from?

Scott Campbell
04-29-2006, 10:31 AM

Yeah I agree. Sorry Ras I think your a good guy, but your looking through purple colored glasses at all this. I don't know how you can think this is a bad deal for the Packers and great for the Saints. I think it's fair for both sides.

If anyone can take off the purple glasses, it's Rastak.

swede
04-29-2006, 10:32 AM

Rastak ain't your typical troll. In fact he makes ME believe we're all just one big brotherhood of man underneath the purple and green. Plus we all hate the Bears

Rastak

Yeah I agree. Sorry Ras I think your a good guy, but your looking through purple colored glasses at all this. I don't know how you can think this is a bad deal for the Packers and great for the Saints. I think it's fair for both sides.I do agree with that Scott...I try and be objective but my glasses do have a pruple tint, similar to most folks here whose wear green and gold glasses.

Scott Campbell
I'm not your enemy Nick, don't bash my team and I won't bash yours.

Now don't go gettin all crazy. Most of us still plan on bashing the Vikes.

Rastak
04-29-2006, 10:34 AM
Plus we all hate the BearsIndeed, right now they are sort of the common enemy.
The enemy of my eenemy is my friend...well, friend is way too strong...LOL

Kiwon
04-29-2006, 10:34 AM

JW, 1st and 3rd for Bush (+ huge contract and growing scandal)? Did TT undergo a personality makeover? I'm not passing judgment, just shocked at the rumors.

Rastak
04-29-2006, 10:35 AM

JW, 1st and 3rd for Bush (+ huge contract and growing scandal)? Did TT undergo a personality makeover? I'm not passing judgment, just shocked at the rumors.I think if they leave out the 3rd it's a fair deal for both sides.

Scott Campbell
Jets are supposed to be talking with NO about Bush now. This is total and utter chaos. I love it.

Fosco33
If we pulled that trade (swap, Walker and a 3rd), I'd be totally fine. Think about it - if the Pack doesn't trade we only get comps next year (maybe a 4th). So consider this a swap, 3rd and a 4th for Bush! Yes, we could keep the #5 and swap Walker for picks (almost as good if a solid player or #2 or greater).

This could be a historic day in Packerland - very exciting!

Rastak
04-29-2006, 10:36 AM
NFL draft countdown is back online......

Tarlam!
Jets are supposed to be talking with NO about Bush now. This is total and utter chaos. I love it.

Baby this is a great day for a draft!

Rastak

Yea, to be a fly on the wall......

hurleyfan
04-29-2006, 10:37 AM
Jets are supposed to be talking with NO about Bush now. This is total and utter chaos. I love it.I think The Jets have more to offer (more picks)!

imscott72
04-29-2006, 10:38 AM

Rastak ain't your typical troll. In fact he makes ME believe we're all just one big brotherhood of man underneath the purple and green. Plus we all hate the Bears

I don't even consider him a troll. I think his contributions to the board have been great. Just feels like he's rooting against us here, which of course I'm sure he is..

swede
04-29-2006, 10:39 AM
4/29/06 10:15 am

AP Report
Green Bay, Wisconsin

(From the AP)

Green Bay Police and multi-county SWAT teams have stormed the offices of the Green Bay Packers and removed Mike Ditka from General Manager Ted Thompson's office. Ted Thompson had been tied up and placed in a nearby closet. Mike Ditka was dragged from the building still holding on to a telephone and trying to trade all of Greeen Bay's 2006 draft picks for one running back.

The team hopes order can be restored before the draft begins.

hurleyfan
04-29-2006, 10:40 AM
That's funny Swede!

Fosco33
04-29-2006, 10:40 AM

AP Report
Green Bay, Wisconsin

(From the AP)

Green Bay Police and multi-county SWAT teams have stormed the offices of the Green Bay Packers and removed Mike Ditka from General Manager Ted Thompson's office. Ted Thompson had been tied up and placed in a nearby closet. Mike Ditka was dragged from the building still holding on to a telephone and trying to trade all of Greeen Bay's 2006 draft picks for one running back.

LMAO

imscott72
04-29-2006, 10:41 AM
Jets are supposed to be talking with NO about Bush now. This is total and utter chaos. I love it.I think The Jets have more to offer (more picks)!

I disagree. Yeah they have more picks, but we have Walker who was a first rounder and already has shown what he can do at this level. I say we have the leverage here..

Kiwon

I have to laugh a little. His family can't be any worse that Snoop Dogg and his 30-member strong crew that started a fight in London's Heathrow Airport. One loser was shouting when he was arrested, "This is how it goes down in LA!"

Agreed. No 'Tude tolerated in GB. Only "Packer people" can apply.

hurleyfan
ESPN isn't showing a THING! Still with frikin sprts center!

packrulz
http://images.packers.com/draft/2006/cam/unavailable2006.jpg

CyclonePackFan

AP Report
Green Bay, Wisconsin

(From the AP)

roflcakes

Fosco33
04-29-2006, 10:42 AM
I like NFL Network more and more every year. I'm gonna flip back and forth with ESPN and make a determination on better commentary. Thanks DirecTV.

hurleyfan
04-29-2006, 10:42 AM

I disagree. Yeah they have more picks, but we have Walker who was a first rounder and already has shown what he can do at this level. I say we have the leverage here..Can't argue, but Walker is coming of major injury..Wondering if he's that much healed??

Scott Campbell
04-29-2006, 10:43 AM

NB - put up a poll quick. What's whiter, Thompson's shirt or his hair?

imscott72

Where is this cam?

Fosco33
Saints are talking more with the Jets it seems... do we mortgage the future?

Rastak
04-29-2006, 10:44 AM
I like NFL Network more and more every year. I'm gonna flip back and forth with ESPN and make a determination on better commentary. Thanks DirecTV.
I have two tuners on my cable box so I'll setup espn on one and nfl network on the other....one button to flip between them.

Anti-Polar Bear

damn, i didnt know stone cold steve austin is part of the packers scouting department. Check out the guy in the backgournd

hurleyfan
Saints are talking more with the Jets it seems... do we mortgage the future?I say no! We can get a great player @ #5 if this deal doesn't work..

swede
04-29-2006, 10:45 AM
I wonder who the bald dude is in the back?

He's the guy you always see at the aiport picking up visiting coaching candidates or prospective Free Agents.

Gotta mow the lawn. Don't mess anything up while I'm gone.

rdanomly

Where is this cam?

http://www.packers.com/draft/2006/cam/

packrulz

Where is this cam?

Packers.com

No Mo Moss
04-29-2006, 10:46 AM
There is no way we trade up for Bush. I can't believe this rumor persists.

FavreChild
Who do the Saints take at #4 if this trade with the Jets goes through - QB?

Rastak
Who do the Saints take at #4 if this trade goes through - QB?Hawk I think....

Anti-Polar Bear

NB - put up a poll quick. What's whiter, Thompson's shirt or his hair?

Big surpise. Like you didnt know THompson is the Polar Bear.

FavreChild
04-29-2006, 10:47 AM

That's what I'm afraid of...

But then we can take Davis. I don't want Bush.

Fosco33
04-29-2006, 10:47 AM
At least the NFL Network is doing the real pre-draft - an intro to all the top prospects. No love from ESPN!

Rastak
04-29-2006, 10:48 AM

That's what I'm afraid of...

But then we can take Davis. I don't want Bush.They might take Ferguson instead.

Bretsky
from WWW.FANBALL.COM

April 29, 2006 11:27 AM
We've got Bush!?
The News
In what would be one of the biggest draft day blockbusters since Mike Ditka traded his entire draft for the rights to select Ricky Williams, the Packers are reportedly close to completing a deal, ironically enough with the Saints, to move up to the second overall pick. That, of course, would enable them to draft Reggie Bush. This trade has not been officially confirmed, nor has it apparently been finalized. But WTMJ Radio in Milwaukee is reporting that, in the deal on the table, the Packers would send their first rounder (the fifth pick in this year's draft) plus a third round pick and Pro Bowl wide receiver Javon Walker to the Saints.
Our View
We don't know quite how to put this, but this is kind of a big deal. Packers' fans will be running around their houses high-fiving inanimate objects and Brett Favre will have his offseason "statement" move if this comes to fruition. Assuming it does, the Packers are clearly better off with the explosive Bush on the Tundra than the collection of injury-prone backs they currently have on the roster. It will be interesting to see what they do with Ahman Green, Najeh Davenport, and Samkon Gado. There's not room for all of them. As for the Saints, this would be the best scenario because they already have a good running back in Deuce McAllister. Now they would get a bona fide stud (assuming he is recovered from last year's ACL injury) to go with Joe Horn and catch passes from Drew Brees. Plus, they only move down a couple spots and can still get a guy like A.J. Hawk to buttress their defense.

imscott72

Or Davis..How about Ferguson? What is their tackle situation?

Rastak
04-29-2006, 10:50 AM

Or Davis..How about Ferguson? What is their tackle situation?Ferguson or Hawk is my guess.....

imscott72
04-29-2006, 10:50 AM
from WWW.FANBALL.COM

We've got Bush!?
The News
In what would be one of the biggest draft day blockbusters since Mike Ditka traded his entire draft for the rights to select Ricky Williams, the Packers are reportedly close to completing a deal, ironically enough with the Saints, to move up to the second overall pick. That, of course, would enable them to draft Reggie Bush. This trade has not been officially confirmed, nor has it apparently been finalized. But WTMJ Radio in Milwaukee is reporting that, in the deal on the table, the Packers would send their first rounder (the fifth pick in this year's draft) plus a third round pick and Pro Bowl wide receiver Javon Walker to the Saints.
Our View
We don't know quite how to put this, but this is kind of a big deal. Packers' fans will be running around their houses high-fiving inanimate objects and Brett Favre will have his offseason "statement" move if this comes to fruition. Assuming it does, the Packers are clearly better off with the explosive Bush on the Tundra than the collection of injury-prone backs they currently have on the roster. It will be interesting to see what they do with Ahman Green, Najeh Davenport, and Samkon Gado. There's not room for all of them. As for the Saints, this would be the best scenario because they already have a good running back in Deuce McAllister. Now they would get a bona fide stud (assuming he is recovered from last year's ACL injury) to go with Joe Horn and catch passes from Drew Brees. Plus, they only move down a couple spots and can still get a guy like A.J. Hawk to buttress their defense.

Too bad we can't package Green or Gado in this deal instead of our 3rd..

CyclonePackFan
04-29-2006, 10:51 AM

Or Davis..How about Ferguson? What is their tackle situation?

The Saints have a couple of good tackles, but Willie Roaf has been around. Tackle is a need, but LB is DEFINATELY a need. There's been a lot of talk that the Saints really want Hawk, but they don't think he's worth a #2. If the Jets trade for him, I bet Hawk goes at #4

Scott Campbell
04-29-2006, 10:52 AM

Gado might be worth more than a 3rd at this point.

CyclonePackFan
from WWW.FANBALL.COM

We've got Bush!?
The News
Our View

Why not the Davenpooper?

jack's smirking revenge
Rastak rocks. Great poster. I live in Queenland and have to deal with crazy VIkings fan all the time. Be happy that we got Rastak.

Any fan that can talk football across the board, and gives respect to other teams, is a true gamer. I don't like the Vikes, but I respect them. Gotta respect your enemy.

tyler

Anti-Polar Bear
04-29-2006, 10:53 AM
if thompson trade green or cut green, he gonna regret it.

Scott Campbell
04-29-2006, 10:53 AM
POSTED 11:49 a.m. EDT, April 29, 2006 - by TechGuySean

SAINTS AND JETS TALKING.

ESPN's Sal Paolantonio is now reporting that New York and New Orleans are discussing a deal for the 2nd overall pick. No information as to what the parameters may be regarding a trade but we'll stay on top of this as the Draft starts moving into gear.

Scott Campbell
04-29-2006, 10:54 AM
I don't like the Vikes, but I respect them. Gotta respect your enemy.

tyler

Well, I'll have a lot more respect for them if they ever win a Superbowl.

:D

CyclonePackFan
04-29-2006, 10:55 AM
Is anybody hearing this bullshit from Leinart?

We're out here at the Today show...freezing our butts off...it's about 30-35 degrees out :cry: :cry: :cry:

imscott72
Ugh sounds like the trade fell thru per WTMJ and Larivee. The Saints want to keep bush. Maybe a smokescreen?

Rastak
from WWW.FANBALL.COM

We've got Bush!?
The News
Our View

I'd do that deal in a minute if I were NO.

I wonder what the Jets are offering...surely not a pro bowler and a 3.

No Mo Moss
Who do the Saints take at #4 if this trade with the Jets goes through - QB?
Hawk

imscott72
04-29-2006, 10:56 AM
from WWW.FANBALL.COM

We've got Bush!?
The News
Our View

Why not the Davenpooper?

They wouldn't bite on Poop..Gado prob more than Green..

Rastak
I don't like the Vikes, but I respect them. Gotta respect your enemy.

tyler

Well, I'll have a lot more respect for them if they ever win a Superbowl.

:D
Sadly it will never happen...the football gods hate them.

CyclonePackFan
from WWW.FANBALL.COM

We've got Bush!?
The News
Our View

Probably their 2 1st rounders this year and their 1st rounder next year...

hurleyfan

We're out here at the Today show...freezing our butts off...it's about 30-35 degrees out :cry: :cry: :cry:UGH, just watched it!

Anti-Polar Bear
so if walker is traded, who is good enough to replace him? I say trade the rest of the packers picks for Randy Moss.

Fosco33
04-29-2006, 10:57 AM

We're out here at the Today show...freezing our butts off...it's about 30-35 degrees out :cry: :cry: :cry:

The guys got sleep issues - how many times did he say, "I'm tired"?

CyclonePackFan
04-29-2006, 10:57 AM
from WWW.FANBALL.COM

We've got Bush!?
The News
Our View

Why not the Davenpooper?

They wouldn't bite on Poop..Gado prob more than Green..

I know...I just want to get rid of Davenport...no team in their right mind would bite on someone with his injury history

Scott Campbell
04-29-2006, 10:58 AM

LOL

You're the Viking version of Wist. It's time for you to come join us as a Packer fan.

Kiwon
Deal's off with NO.

imscott72
from WWW.FANBALL.COM

We've got Bush!?
The News
Our View

Sure Green is a pro bowler, but also very injury prone. We really don't know how is injury is going to turn out this year. I'd rather unload him than our 3. Sounds like its a moot point anyway now.

Partial
04-29-2006, 10:59 AM
I don't want them to trade up. I want them to stay put and take Hawk if he's there. If he's not, trade down and get Huff. That would really, really suck though. Sorry about the late start today men, i had quite the night

Rastak

LOL

You're the Viking version of Wist. It's time for you to come join us as a Packer fan.Not really, every year I'm confident they will get there, I just never think they'll win it!

Wist thinks the team will be sub 500 all the time...... :smile:

HarveyWallbangers
What the f*ck is going on with the colors. I can't read links or anything. I can barely read the posts.

Bretsky
Deal's off with NO.

Heck we don't even know if there ever was a deal; but I don't believe NO wants to keep Bush.

If he comes to GB I've already patented the presidency for the

"Bush lovin club "

CyclonePackFan
04-29-2006, 11:00 AM
IT'S DRAFT TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !

Rastak
What the f*ck is going on with the colors. I can't read links or anything. I can barely read the posts.Harvey, it's screwed up with firefox...fire up internet exploder.....

Fosco33
NFL Network reported that Titans take Young w/ #3!

Bretsky
What the f*ck is going on with the colors. I can't read links or anything. I can barely read the posts.

In here; I'm not having any issues.

HarveyWallbangers
04-29-2006, 11:01 AM
Should be interesting. Don't have time to read all of the posts, and I won't be on here most of the time, but what's the consensus?

Are we doing the Dragons picks in a separate thread?

Scott Campbell
04-29-2006, 11:02 AM
ESPN just reported that NO will not trade the pick, and will take Bush.

No Mo Moss
04-29-2006, 11:02 AM
What's up with Deter Sprockets announcing the top players, pretty stupid intro.

Bretsky
04-29-2006, 11:03 AM
Should be interesting. Don't have time to read all of the posts, and I won't be on here most of the time, but what's the consensus?

Yes, Nutz said he would email me the picks and I should announce them to all can blame me.

FavreChild
Sorry about the late start today men

Ahem. :wink:

Rastak
Why don't the asshole Texans announce the fucking pick, he's already signed......I hate this.

CyclonePackFan
Why don't the asshole Texas announce the fucking pick, he's already signed......I hate this.

Suspense, ratings, all that bullshit.

imscott72
04-29-2006, 11:04 AM

Yeah what is going on with the Dragons? No color probs for me..

hurleyfan
Why don't the asshole Texas announce the fucking pick, he's already signed......I hate this.They have to go through this bullshit?!?

No Mo Moss
So I'm watching this in High Def and ESPN isn't even broadcasting the draft in hd. What a rip.

Scott Campbell
04-29-2006, 11:06 AM
Why don't the asshole Texas announce the fucking pick, he's already signed......I hate this.They have to go through this bullshit?!?

TEXANS STALLING?

Current speculation around the league is that Houston will sit on the first pick for almost the full 15 minute time limit allotted to them in order to throw a bone to both the snore leader ESPN and the NFL Network as they begin broadcasting at 12:00am EDT today and give them more time to show commercials.

In addition to that, the general consensus we're hearing is that the Saints will take almost a quarter hour themselves as they field all sorts of calls in an effort to get the best value for a trade if they decide to hold off on signing Reggie Bush.

If all of this goes down as expected we might not hear Reggie Bush's name called until close to 1:00pm today.

Partial
It also looks bad in Safari (webkit browser).

Homepage looks great!

Anyway, I am all but convinced I will leave this day angry. They aren't going to take Hawk, or make the effort to get Bush. They will rue the day. They're either going to take DeBrick (I think he's 6th on my big board) or Davis (not the rare talent so many people are hyping him to be). Overall, I am NOT a happy camper with the news this far.

NO PLZ KEEP BUSH!!! WE NEED THE HAWKSTER.

hurleyfan
ESPN sucks! Start the freaking thing already! We all know Mario is # 1

Rastak
04-29-2006, 11:07 AM
So I'm watching this in High Def and ESPN isn't even broadcasting the draft in hd. What a rip.LOL, I just switched from NFL network 2 seconds ago and said the EXACT same thing.

Partial
04-29-2006, 11:08 AM
If NO keeps Bush, I will be the most ecstatic man in the world. If Hawk is there and they pick Davis, I will become so anti-TT I will look Tank look like a TT apologist!!

Bretsky
It also looks bad in Safari (webkit browser).

Homepage looks great!

Anyway, I am all but convinced I will leave this day angry. They aren't going to take Hawk, or make the effort to get Bush. They will rue the day. They're either going to take DeBrick (I think he's 6th on my big board) or Davis (not the rare talent so many people are hyping him to be). Overall, I am NOT a happy camper with the news this far.

NO PLZ KEEP BUSH!!! WE NEED THE HAWKSTER.

This will ruin my article I emaiiled for the head page recommending Hawk.

But as I've stated many times, the Packers always disappoint Bretsky; I fully expect them to take Vernon Davis.

No Mo Moss
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

No Mo Moss
04-29-2006, 11:09 AM
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Suzy, Suzie you so good, can I kiss you. Can I kiss you Suzie!

hurleyfan
what happened to the page WIDTH??

imscott72
If NO keeps Bush, I will be the most ecstatic man in the world. If Hawk is there and they pick Davis, I will become so anti-TT I will look Tank look like a TT apologist!!

I have no prob with them picking Davis over Hawk. We can use offensive weapons as well as defensive.

CyclonePackFan
"Mario Williams, what were your first thoughts after signing with the Texans"

"I'd have to say, holy shit, I'm fucking rich! I can't believe that I went to a school like East Buttfuck State University that's only known for basketball, was able to pad my stats against the shitty teams in the ACC, had a good workout, and was ranked higher than a player from Reggie Bush who's from a proven winner like USC! Too bad I have to live in Dallas, because any Texans fan within 100 miles of Houston is gonna want to egg my house for screwing their franchise out of Reggie Bush."

Seriously, I'm not even a Texans fan, but when I move down to Houston in two weeks I might egg Williams' house on general principle.

Scott Campbell
04-29-2006, 11:10 AM
Already talking about Lienart dropping like a rock. A stunning turn of events considering he was the consensus number 1 last year.

Think that'll effect guys coming out early?

Rastak
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Suzy, Suzie you so good, can I kiss you. Can I kiss you Suzie!Have another beer Joe Namath...that was some funny stuff when that happened.

imscott72
what happened to the page WIDTH??

Yeah this sucks!! Change it back whoever did this!!

hurleyfan
04-29-2006, 11:11 AM
Someone please shut that assole Irving!

Deputy Nutz
McGinn is so full of shit. He is the worst reporter in Wisconsin. What an ass

Vernon Davis, or D'Brickshaw Ferguson. Moron. Shock value is all he is about.

Scott Campbell
Edit your ZZZZ's NoNo. You've screwed up the page.

Bretsky
PER TMJ word is that NO is going to keep Bush

Partial
Ahhh the smell of courtney brown is in the air.

Rastak
Already talking about Lienart dropping like a rock. A stunning turn of events considering he was the consensus number 1 last year.

Think that'll effect guys coming out early?Not sure, interesting development....word on KFAN in the twin cities is the Vikes may trade up for Cutler....but if Leinert drops to 9 or 10?

Hmmmm........

Tags is up!

Bretsky
04-29-2006, 11:12 AM
BRING IT ON BRING IT ON BRING IT ON

imscott72
04-29-2006, 11:12 AM
Finally the #1 pick is on the clock..Make the friggin pick already...

Rastak
04-29-2006, 11:13 AM

Think that'll effect guys coming out early?Not sure, interesting development....word on KFAN in the twin cities is the Vikes may trade up for Cutler....but if Leinert drops to 9 or 10?

Hmmmm........

Tags is up!WHAT, the damn Texans just went on the clock. They better not sit for 15......

Anyway, draft is now underway!!!

Partial
04-29-2006, 11:14 AM
If they draft DeBrick or Davis and Hawk is there I will be incredibly dissapointed.

If Hawk is gone, i'd settle for Davis, but would rather trde down for Mike Huff and an extra second.

There is no point in addressing tackle now. Every year a few great tackles come out. They can add one when necessary.

Fosco33
Finally the #1 pick is on the clock..Make the friggin pick already...

Just did it...

Bretsky
HE GOT HAWK'D
HE GOT HAWK'D
HE GOT HAWK'D
DO IT TTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT TTTTTTT

imscott72
Ok #1 pick done..Here we go fellas!!!! Whats gonna happen??

Rastak
Cool........now the fun begins...NO on the clock.

CyclonePackFan
LISTEN TO THE BOOS!

You'd think the Texans took Ashlee Simpson!

Rastak
04-29-2006, 11:15 AM
They take Bush.

No Mo Moss

I i did, but Rastak quoted me so it's still the same. Ras can you delete my quote.

Scott Campbell
ESPN admits the delays are their fault, and not the fault of the teams.

CyclonePackFan
"Overrated *clap clap clap-clap-clap*...Overrated *clap clap clap-clap-clap*...Overrated *clap clap clap-clap-clap*...Overrated *clap clap clap-clap-clap*...Overrated *clap clap clap-clap-clap*..."

lollerskates.

Partial
04-29-2006, 11:16 AM
[quote=imscott72]Ok #1 pick done..Here we go fellas!!!! Whats gonna happen??

ROFL!

hurleyfan
Next....

Partial
[quote=imscott72]Ok #1 pick done..Here we go fellas!!!! Whats gonna happen??

ROFL!

Rastak
04-29-2006, 11:17 AM
Have another beer Joe Namath...that was some funny stuff when that happened.[/quote]

Partial
HAWK HAWK HAWK HAWK!!

Rastak

I i did, but Rastak quoted me so it's still the same. Ras can you delete my quote.done

No Mo Moss

I i did, but Rastak quoted me so it's still the same. Ras can you delete my quote.

hurleyfan
04-29-2006, 11:18 AM
Will ESPN go to commercial when the Packers are on the clock this year??

imscott72
04-29-2006, 11:18 AM
They take Bush.

Yeah I agree. That doesn't mean a trade won't still happen later...

Bretsky
04-29-2006, 11:20 AM
They take Bush.

IF YOU ARE ON THE PC be sure to go to 620wtmj.com as well. You can listed to draft coverage over the PC as well. So when ESPN is on commercial, or they aren't covering well you get the website feed as well.

No Mo Moss
04-29-2006, 11:20 AM
Will ESPN go to commercial when the Packers are on the clock this year??
Every year man. I was thinking that too.

imscott72
04-29-2006, 11:21 AM
They take Bush.

IF YOU ARE ON THE PC be sure to go to 620wtmj.com as well. You can listed to draft coverage over the PC as well. So when ESPN is on commercial, or they aren't covering well you get the website feed as well.

TMJ is nice, but they're way behind the live coverage on TV..good opinions being discussed tho..

RashanGary
04-29-2006, 11:21 AM
If Davis is there I have a strong inclination that he will be the pick.

No Mo Moss
04-29-2006, 11:22 AM
I think Reggie Bush can save NO from another Katrina. He'd be the first Bush to have a positive impact on the area. Oh, burn.

Bretsky
04-29-2006, 11:23 AM
If Davis is there I have a strong inclination that he will be the pick.

I agree; the Packers have a history if disappointing me . The only guaranteed thing on draft day is that Green Bay veers away from who I want.

That being said, Vernon Davis is my backup selection. Actually if they aren't drafting Hawk I'd be fine to trade down too.

RashanGary
I always thought people were taking it too far by getting attached to a player but I'll be REALLY disappointed if we don't get Vernon Davis.

Rastak
If Davis is there I have a strong inclination that he will be the pick.I agree, and I'd hate to see that...he scares me....Hawk is good but he doesn't scare me.

Deputy Nutz
Do the Jets move up? do they have the ball?

RashanGary
04-29-2006, 11:24 AM
Ras....That's why I think Davis will go #4....

Mario = Elite athlete
Davis = Elite athlete

We just found out what NFL GM's think about elite athletes.

Scott Campbell
04-29-2006, 11:25 AM
Ok, 15 minutes is way too long between picks.

Bretsky
I always thought people were taking it too far by getting attached to a player but I'll be REALLY disappointed if we don't get Vernon Davis.

Nick,
You've bounced around too much on this; come back to the bright side and endorse the Hawkster. Remember the last guy whose measurables we LOVED so much back in 89 and drafted him over three better football players we fell in love with ?

B

imscott72
Man the Saints want the Jets both 1st's and a 3rd to move up 2 spots. I wouldn't do that if I were them. Way to steep.

HarveyWallbangers
I've been flipping it between ESPN and the NFL Channel, and my wife doesn't like the ESPN broadcast. I came in here to post, and she told me to change the channel back to the NFL Channel. Funny! This is the first draft she's watched with me. She won't last too long.

CyclonePackFan
04-29-2006, 11:26 AM
Man the Saints want the Jets both 1st's and a 3rd to move up 2 spots. I wouldn't do that if I were them. Way to steep.

It's gonna take more than that. The Saints want 3 1st rounders.

Rastak
Ok, 15 minutes is way too long between picks.I know, I forgot how F'ing long that is between drafts...I think some teams need that but if all trades fall through, just make the damn pick......but don't be like the Vikes and take 17 minutes.... :shock:

imscott72
I'm perfectly happy with either Hawk or Davis. Both are major impact players that will help us immediately.

RashanGary
I guess there is a chance Davis slips because Mario is elite at THE elite position.

Davis is elite at a not so elite position.

No Mo Moss
04-29-2006, 11:27 AM
Mel Kiper's Hair looks great don't you guys think. Come on Aint's pick already.

hurleyfan

It's gonna take more than that. The Saints want 3 1st rounders.That's a steep price!

Rastak
I've been flipping it between ESPN and the NFL Channel, and my wife doesn't like the ESPN broadcast. I came in here to post, and she told me to change the channel back to the NFL Channel. Funny! This is the first draft she's watched with me. She won't last too long.
My wife would be gone already...

Scott Campbell

You didn't give here the remote - did you?

Bretsky
BUSH IS AN AIN'T

CyclonePackFan
There he went...

imscott72
Saints grab Bush...Hmmm maybe a trade later?? Jets fan are pissed!! Lmfao!!

Partial
Since Brian Urlacher is the freakish athlete, and Hawk has better combine numbers then him. I'd argue that Hawk is one hell of an athlete.

Fosco33
04-29-2006, 11:28 AM
Ziggy, you were right... now everyone's boards are 'back to normal'.

Rastak
04-29-2006, 11:28 AM
Albert Dickson/TSN
Overall grade: 8.9
Position rank: 1
225lb bench: 2
NFL comparison:
Marshall Faulk, Rams

REGGIE BUSH MEASURABLES
Height: 5-11 Weight: 202
40-yard dash: 4.33 10-yard dash:
20-yard shuttle: 60-yard shuttle:
Broad jump: 10-9 225-lb. bench: 24
3-cone drill: Vertical jump: 40
Wonderlic: 21 20-yard dash:

KEY * Recently updated Position grade increased Position grade decreased
Reggie Bush
RB, USC

War Room analysis
Inside running: Lacks the bulk to move the pile but still is effective running between the tackles. Uses great body control, quickness, elite speed and superior vision to recognize the hole and burst through the smallest crease. Is more powerful than size would indicate, and has room to add bulk. Grade: 8.4.

Outside running: Is a home-run threat every time he touches the ball. Is elusive and will bounce outside or hit the cutback lane as soon as he reaches the second level. Can shake linebackers or bounce off tacklers who don't get squared up on him. Is nearly impossible to tackle in the open field, and possesses the speed to outrun the fastest defensive backs. Grade: 8.9.

Blocking: Lacks ideal size and has limited experience in pass protection. Will struggle early in career in this facet. Shows adequate awareness against the blitz but must show better technique to get set and deliver a pop on the blitzer. Must improve leverage when taking on defensive linemen. Grade: 7.9.

Hands/routes: Is the best receiver in the running back class. Is adept at recognizing coverages. Gets open quickly, catches passes at full speed and is a dangerous runner after the catch. Is dangerous out of the slot or on the outside, and can run all the NFL routes. Can catch passes over his shoulder. Creates mismatches out of the backfield against linebackers. Grade: 9.0.

Durability: Lack of ideal size and a shoulder injury in his junior season that required arthroscopic surgery raise concerns about whether he can be an every-down back with 25-plus carries per game. Never carried the load at Southern California, sharing carries with LenDale White. Grade: 8.0.

Bottom line: Bush is the best athlete and most dangerous weapon in the draft. The team that drafts Bush will game plan to get him 30 touches per game -- running, receiving and returning kicks. He is at his best when moved around in the formation, getting him the ball in the open field. He is a franchise-caliber player whose talents will dictate the scheme and the type of personnel added to complement his skills. Bush should be the No. 1 overall pick.

Dan Pompei analysis
Is a special player with a remarkable combination of quickness, elusiveness, explosion, vision and instincts. Plays at a different speed from everyone else. Runs with abandon. Changes direction without stopping or gathering himself. Has great balance. Is almost impossible to take down in open field. Brings the complete package as a graceful runner in the Gale Sayers mold. Doesn't have ideal size and has not proved he can carry the load but plays bigger than he is. Punishes defenders at times. Makes something from nothing. Has outstanding hands and could even play wide receiver. Pass blocking is not a strength.
No. 1 on Pompei's RB rankings

imscott72
04-29-2006, 11:29 AM

LOL, mine is watching too. As soon as the Pack picks she'll be gone. Prob before that even...