Thread: Official 2024 NFL Draft Thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    After watching some more film and the fact that he skipped agility drills at his pro day I agree. I actually no longer want him at 25. I was a fanboy until recently, but the OL depth and talent level means I will be disappointed if they draft anything else when we pick.

DeJean is probably a safety in the NFL and while we have a need, I don't want to use a 1 on a guy who hasn't played the position a ton. I would love him at 41 though as his size, athleticism and straight line speed would make for a good safety.
    I'm not a fanboy, but I'd be okay with him at 25. But okay if they go in another direction.

I'm starting to wonder if Gute might be higher on Edgerrin Cooper than a lot of people are expecting. He drafted Quay Walker higher than a lot of people expected too.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    I'm not a fanboy, but I'd be okay with him at 25. But okay if they go in another direction.

I'm starting to wonder if Gute might be higher on Edgerrin Cooper than a lot of people are expecting. He drafted Quay Walker higher than a lot of people expected too.
    Agree. I'm ok if they go with either Cooper: Dejean or Edgerrin. Seems like Cooper Dejean is a 50/50 shot to be gone by 25.

They brought EC in for a Top 30, and he fits their need and profile: young, athletic, etc. They need OL depth, but they have their likely starters under contract, so picking a LB at 25 is on the table for sure.
    Personally, if they take EC I'd prefer they trade down and somewhere in the 30-35 range, or hope he falls to them at 41. I think 25 is a bit rich for E.Cooper, but by then all the true R1 prospects are likely to be gone.

I'm at the point where I'm 'BPA all the way'. Draft doesn't line up with their needs, so just pick the best players/talent. With all the picks they have, they should be able to fill the roster holes that way and then thru the 2nd wave of FA and cuts.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post

Quay made sense in the end. He has special measurables. The way he moves for a guy his size...I just hope halfwit can get the most out of him.

I will say this about DeJean. If they draft him to play safety he could be the next Nick Collins. His size, tackling, speed and instinct all play well. I won't be upset if they pick him I guess, I just really want a dominant OL. The game is still won in the trenches unless you have Patrick Mahomes.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.