Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Shocking...Favre silent on long term Jet deal

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Shocking...Favre silent on long term Jet deal

    I found this not too surprising. Brett unsure to commit to more than 1 season.
    ______

    CLEVELAND — Only at the end, after he had said all the right things about being excited for the opportunity, after he had held up the jersey in the unfamiliar shade of green, after he had revisited all that had gone wrong in Green Bay, did Brett Favre admit to just how fragile his new union with the Jets is.

    “Was this just a one-year commitment?” someone asked as Favre walked out of the room.

    “We’ll see,” he responded, disappearing into the locker room.

    -digital dean

    No "TROLLS" allowed!

  • #2
    How would you have liked for him to answer that question, Dean? I mean the guy is there less than 24 hrs and the press is already starting in with questions like this.

    Comment


    • #3
      The nerves are frayed everywhere.

      Go Pack go!
      "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

      KYPack

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by GBRulz
        How would you have liked for him to answer that question, Dean? I mean the guy is there less than 24 hrs and the press is already starting in with questions like this.
        Yea, he was walking out when someone throws a question at him. Do people expect a detailed answer? In addition, he just got there. Wouldn't it make sense to see how things go with a new team and new city before making any long term decisions?

        Comment


        • #5
          NEWSDAY

          Favre May Retire!
          [QUOTE=George Cumby] ...every draft (Ted) would pick a solid, dependable, smart, athletically limited linebacker...the guy who isn't doing drugs, going to strip bars, knocking around his girlfriend or making any plays of game changing significance.

          Comment


          • #6
            I remember the GB media respecting FAvre and always asking nice, friendly questions.

            He's going to be in for a rude awakening when he shows up at his press conference and gets grilled by relentless New Yorkers when he throws 3 picks in one game.
            Formerly known as JustinHarrell.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by JustinHarrell
              I remember the GB media respecting FAvre and always asking nice, friendly questions.

              He's going to be in for a rude awakening when he shows up at his press conference and gets grilled by relentless New Yorkers when he throws 3 picks in one game.

              And Brett never shirked a question, or never placed the blame on someone else..............unlike some QB's. He'll do just fine with the NY press.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by GBRulz
                How would you have liked for him to answer that question, Dean? I mean the guy is there less than 24 hrs and the press is already starting in with questions like this.
                Should have elaborated more...

                just illustrating that the NY media is a lot more of a piranha tank than GB.
                -digital dean

                No "TROLLS" allowed!

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by JustinHarrell
                  He's going to be in for a rude awakening when he shows up at his press conference and gets grilled by relentless New Yorkers when he throws 3 picks in one game.
                  Yeah...he never experienced calls for Mark Brunell in Green Bay.

                  JH, you are as much of a drama queen as Favre is.
                  My signature has NUDITY in it...whatcha gonna do?

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by packinpatland
                    Originally posted by JustinHarrell
                    I remember the GB media respecting FAvre and always asking nice, friendly questions.

                    He's going to be in for a rude awakening when he shows up at his press conference and gets grilled by relentless New Yorkers when he throws 3 picks in one game.

                    And Brett never shirked a question, or never placed the blame on someone else..............unlike some QB's. He'll do just fine with the NY press.
                    OF course Favre didn't. He had Mike SHerman do that for him when he was here.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by cpk1994
                      OF course Favre didn't. He had Mike SHerman do that for him when he was here.


                      He said he makes some and misses some. It will be interesting to see how long the New Yorkers buy that when they're losing.
                      Formerly known as JustinHarrell.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        NEWSDAY

                        Favre may be a Lizard
                        PackerRats Thompson D. Yahoo Fantasy Football Champ 2019,
                        PackerRats Thompson D. Yahoo Fantasy Football Champ 2018,
                        PackerRats Pick'Em 2016-17 Champ + Packers year Survival Football Champ 2017,
                        Rats Yahoo Fantasy Football Champ 2013,
                        Ratz Survival Football Champ 2012,
                        PackerRats1 Yahoo Fantasy Football Champ 2006.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          If he makes it that far.
                          Lombardi told Starr to "Run it, and let's get the hell out of here!" - 'Ice Bowl' December 31, 1967

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by JustinHarrell
                            I remember the GB media respecting FAvre and always asking nice, friendly questions.

                            He's going to be in for a rude awakening when he shows up at his press conference and gets grilled by relentless New Yorkers when he throws 3 picks in one game.
                            I think you guys should be a little more concerned with how A-Rod is letting little kids get under his skin.

                            But Rodgers said he hears things off the field, too.

                            "I understand it to some point if I put myself into a Favre fanatic's shoes," Rodgers said of getting booed. "The things I can't understand, the things I really take personally, is when I'm driving up to the (parking lot) gate and punching in my punch code and somebody says ‘F.U.' to me. That kind of bothers me. Or when a little kid is yelling swear words at me. That kind of gets to me. The boos, they expect a high level of play and they miss Brett Favre. I understand that. But the ‘F.U.' and the little kids saying swear words to me, I don't understand that."

                            Rodgers said it's happened to him about a half dozen times. Asked how he responds to such things, he said:

                            "What can you do. Do people really feel better about themselves after they say stuff like that to me? It's disappointing. I'm not too dumb, I'm not going to say anything back to them. It's not my style, it's against my religion. The boos I can understand those, the other stuff I can't. I can't really understand that. It's not very classy."


                            That is not a very good omen. If a little kid can rattle him in the parking lot, what happens when a 250 linebacker starts yelling in his earhole after nailing him on a blitz? Not only that, do you really think its smart for him to be offering up tidbits of bulletin board material before he even gets to his first league start?
                            Always respect your opponent, even when you're kicking the crap outta him.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by JustinHarrell
                              He said he makes some and misses some. It will be interesting to see how long the New Yorkers buy that when they're losing.
                              Someone hasnt stopped drinking that hatorade. What a drama queen.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X