Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Antonio Freeman's son plays on the USA soccer team.

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • The halftime show was definitely made for tv.
    Spain’s defense was smothering.

    I thought the semifinal games were more entertaining.
    Game has a different vibe than a major US sporting event, but really fun.

    Comment


    • Glad Argentina didn't win. No class in defeat. Not sure they would have shown class if they'd won. Never seen a defense like Spain. They looked like they could have won with anyone in goal.
      I can't run no more with that lawless crowd
      While the killers in high places say their prayers out loud
      But they've summoned, they've summoned up a thundercloud
      They're going to hear from me - Leonard Cohen

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Teamcheez1 View Post
        The halftime show was definitely made for tv.
        Spain’s defense was smothering.

        I thought the semifinal games were more entertaining.
        Game has a different vibe than a major US sporting event, but really fun.
        I’m 60 now, and think I could have been the goalie for Spain yesterday and the outcome would have been the same.
        ​

        Comment


        • Spain was the 5th youngest team in the World Cup. They'll be on top for a while.
          I can't run no more with that lawless crowd
          While the killers in high places say their prayers out loud
          But they've summoned, they've summoned up a thundercloud
          They're going to hear from me - Leonard Cohen

          Comment


          • Originally posted by pbmax View Post

            Telemundo showed the halftime show but Coldplay seemed to be replaced by Muppets.
            The last song, We Dance, is relatable to us Pack fans - the belief in LOVE. Do you believe in Love?

            Haaland made an appearance during the halftime act.

            Madonna and Shakira are ageless. There’s something beauteous about Italianas and Latinas.

            Tons of folks hate the Bieber acoustic act, but I dig.

            Was too lazy to drive to casino to pay to print out a betting slip, so missed the game. Asleep for graveyard, burger flipping shift. Saved a few frogskins since, apparently, Spain won in OT - was gonna take Argentina in regulation.

            Who else digs Haaland? Looks like the Claymaker on ‘roid.

            I don’t want a battle from beginning to end
            I don’t want a cycle of recycled revenge

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Anti-Polar Bear View Post


              Who else digs Haaland?
              Man, once the US was eliminated, that's the dude and team I was pulling for.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Anti-Polar Bear View Post

                Who else digs Haaland? Looks like the Claymaker on ‘roid.
                Does that mean Claymaker wasn't on 'roid?

                I can't run no more with that lawless crowd
                While the killers in high places say their prayers out loud
                But they've summoned, they've summoned up a thundercloud
                They're going to hear from me - Leonard Cohen

                Comment


                • Per PFT.

                  Sunday’s game between Spain and Argentina at MetLife Stadium averaged more than 62 million viewers between Fox and Telemundo/Peacock.

                  ThIs number exceeded all NFL games for the 2025 season (including the regular-season record of 57.23 million for Chiefs-Cowboys on Thanksgiving) except the Super Bowl. It’s also more than twice the viewership for the Miami-Indiana 2025 college football championship game, which attracted 30.1 million.
                  ​

                  Comment


                  • For APB:

                    This World Cup will go down as the biggest betting event in American history -- we're talking the equivalent of ten Super Bowls," Hard Rock Bet SVP of sportsbook Neil Walsh said over email. "A sport we were once told Americans would not embrace turned into one for the history books. The whole country wanted in."

                    The final was the most-bet soccer match in the histories of BetMGM, Caesars Sportsbook and DraftKings -- by both bets and handle. BetMGM said the final outperformed every 2026 College Football Playoff game besides the championship, as well as every March Madness, NBA Finals, Stanley Cup Final and World Series game in the past year.
                    ​

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X