Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Packers Sign Veteran Guard Laken Tomlinson

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Packers Sign Veteran Guard Laken Tomlinson

    GREEN BAY, Wis. -- The Green Bay Packers have added some much-needed offensive line help by signing veteran guard Laken Tomlinson, according to the NFL Network's Ian Rapoport and Mike Garafolo.

    Tomlinson, 34, had been on the Dallas Cowboys' practice squad.
    ​
    The 2015 first-round pick has played in 173 career games but none since Week 17 of last season.
    I can't run no more with that lawless crowd
    While the killers in high places say their prayers out loud
    But they've summoned, they've summoned up a thundercloud
    They're going to hear from me - Leonard Cohen

  • #2
    Jacob Westendorf
    @JacobWestendorf

    He’s a veteran, pointed out to me by @by_JBH that he’s almost exclusively played LG, so he’ll probably play right tackle. (That’s a joke, I think?) Not a savior, and was on a PS for a reason. Maybe raises the floor over the trinity of terror that has been GBs LG spot.​
    I can't run no more with that lawless crowd
    While the killers in high places say their prayers out loud
    But they've summoned, they've summoned up a thundercloud
    They're going to hear from me - Leonard Cohen

    Comment


    • #3
      He's probably a bit below average at this point. That makes him miles above whoever the Packers have been putting there. They need to do the same for RG. Tackles are probably harder to come by, but hopefully they can find something. This shit-show has to end now.
      2025 Ratpickers champion.

      Comment


      • #4
        If he starts ahead of Burton, I must be missing something. I thought for a first start it wasn't terrible. And his fill-in work last week was good. Monk looks shakier to me.

        But maybe this is about cohesiveness and getting calls right.
        Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by pbmax View Post
          If he starts ahead of Burton, I must be missing something. I thought for a first start it wasn't terrible. And his fill-in work last week was good. Monk looks shakier to me.

          But maybe this is about cohesiveness and getting calls right.
          Both PFF and Andy Herman gave Burton the lowest score of any Packer. Wasn't Burton playing some RG in training camp? Maybe they want him to eventually replace Monk.
          I can't run no more with that lawless crowd
          While the killers in high places say their prayers out loud
          But they've summoned, they've summoned up a thundercloud
          They're going to hear from me - Leonard Cohen

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Joemailman View Post

            Both PFF and Andy Herman gave Burton the lowest score of any Packer. Wasn't Burton playing some RG in training camp? Maybe they want him to eventually replace Monk.
            Man I just did not see it that way but I cannot say I saw all his snaps through my fingers. There were also the tackles and Monk to watch and worry about.

            We've been here before. Colledge and Spitz nearly went to the 2007 SB as rookies (or near rookies anyway). The youngsters will grow even if some (Spitz) don't pan out long term.

            Let's also remember the idea that a PS signing is going to step in and start soon is likely a pipe dream. That is depth and maybe options eventually. Still haven't signed Zeitler.
            Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

            Comment

            Working...
            X