Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official Bears At Packers Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
    So the Bears are favored? A big yeah right to that.
    What’s your opinion on the Charles Martin body slam of MaMahon?

    As an aging Millennial who grew up witnessing the Mobsters stink like donkey shit season after season, I never realized that that hit ended Mahahon’s season - and fucked the Mobsters’ Super Bowl dream.

    That hit alone, Martin’s name deserves to be implanted inside Lambeau Field along with greats like Bert Favor. Hahahaha.
    I don’t want a battle from beginning to end
    I don’t want a cycle of recycled revenge

    Comment


    • #17
      • Statistical Gap: Bears dominate in offense and defense:
      • - Yards gained: Chicago 492 vs Green Bay 199
      • - Rushing: Chicago 232 vs Green Bay 63
      • - Third-down defense: Bears 0-for-7 vs Packers 8-for-19
      ​Saw this gem. APB is probably right....I can afford to bet more.
      The only time success comes before work is in the dictionary -- Vince Lombardi

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by Anti-Polar Bear View Post

        What’s your opinion on the Charles Martin body slam of MaMahon?

        As an aging Millennial who grew up witnessing the Mobsters stink like donkey shit season after season, I never realized that that hit ended Mahahon’s season - and fucked the Mobsters’ Super Bowl dream.

        That hit alone, Martin’s name deserves to be implanted inside Lambeau Field along with greats like Bert Favor. Hahahaha.
        Is he still alive? MiLF should invite him to the sidelines for Sundays game.
        The only time success comes before work is in the dictionary -- Vince Lombardi

        Comment


        • #19
          Rob Demovsky
          @RobDemovsky

          Same O-line look as yesterday. Kevin Zeitler seemingly trending towards making his debut on Sunday vs. the Bears.

          https://x.com/RobDemovsky/status/210...738590/video/1​
          I can't run no more with that lawless crowd
          While the killers in high places say their prayers out loud
          But they've summoned, they've summoned up a thundercloud
          They're going to hear from me - Leonard Cohen

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by bobblehead View Post
            • Statistical Gap: Bears dominate in offense and defense:
            • - Yards gained: Chicago 492 vs Green Bay 199
            • - Rushing: Chicago 232 vs Green Bay 63
            • - Third-down defense: Bears 0-for-7 vs Packers 8-for-19
            ​Saw this gem. APB is probably right....I can afford to bet more.
            Mobsters are playing a backup QB. Packers at home in a divisional game. OL appears to have gotten their shit straight. If the offense quits dropping and excreting out rocks, it’s gonna be as awesome as the Wu-Tang Clan.

            I am leaning toward taking the Packers at +110. How much depends on how I do this week playing poker.
            I don’t want a battle from beginning to end
            I don’t want a cycle of recycled revenge

            Comment


            • #21
              Bill Huber
              @BillHuberNFL

              Jager Burton is back after dealing with back spasms yesterday. Three players aren’t practicing: Chris Brooks, Jacob Monk and Aaron Banks.
              ​
              I can't run no more with that lawless crowd
              While the killers in high places say their prayers out loud
              But they've summoned, they've summoned up a thundercloud
              They're going to hear from me - Leonard Cohen

              Comment


              • #22
                HUIsYD3W0AAZr9E?format=jpg&name=large.jpg
                I can't run no more with that lawless crowd
                While the killers in high places say their prayers out loud
                But they've summoned, they've summoned up a thundercloud
                They're going to hear from me - Leonard Cohen

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by Anti-Polar Bear View Post

                  Mobsters are playing a backup QB. Packers at home in a divisional game. OL appears to have gotten their shit straight. If the offense quits dropping and excreting out rocks, it’s gonna be as awesome as the Wu-Tang Clan.

                  I am leaning toward taking the Packers at +110. How much depends on how I do this week playing poker.
                  Go all in betting on the Packers. Maybe you'll win back some of your poker losses.

                  I clicked "like" on your Charles Martin post. McMahon was a damn drugged out hippie. If the body slam didn't get him, his drug habit probably would have.
                  What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by texaspackerbacker View Post

                    McMahon was a damn drugged out hippie. If the body slam didn't get him, his drug habit probably would have.
                    Don't talk that way about a former Packer!

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by texaspackerbacker View Post

                      Go all in betting on the Packers. Maybe you'll win back some of your poker losses.

                      I clicked "like" on your Charles Martin post. McMahon was a damn drugged out hippie. If the body slam didn't get him, his drug habit probably would have.
                      Hippie? Drug addict?

                      Unreported broken neck, yes. A drunk maybe. Addiction to painkillers from injuries, yes. But mostly he has symptoms of dementia from playing football on astro turf in the 1980s. Remember when you read Astro Turf you should think asphalt covered by carpet and a pad.

                      Here: https://www.espn.com/chicago/nfl/sto...early-dementia

                      What you should not do, is have spinal fluid drained to deal with depression by having a chiropractor manipulate your neck vertebrae.
                      Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Pierre Strong signed to 53.
                        I can't run no more with that lawless crowd
                        While the killers in high places say their prayers out loud
                        But they've summoned, they've summoned up a thundercloud
                        They're going to hear from me - Leonard Cohen

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          This from ACME:

                          ”Green Bay has the second-most penalties in the NFL, the most dropped passes, and the most fumbles.”

                          Those kinds of things don’t get fixed overnight. I am not optimistic about this game. Again, it’s reminiscent of being a Packer fan in the 70’s and 80’s. You watch them and just shake your head.
                          "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

                          KYPack

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by Anti-Polar Bear View Post

                            Mobsters are playing a backup QB. Packers at home in a divisional game. OL appears to have gotten their shit straight. If the offense quits dropping and excreting out rocks, it’s gonna be as awesome as the Wu-Tang Clan.

                            I am leaning toward taking the Packers at +110. How much depends on how I do this week playing poker.
                            The OL that couldn't be relied on for anything longer than a 2.5 second release by Love? MiLF is pretty good. He adapted to the OL sucking ass, it didn't improve. Bears will have 150 rushing minimum. They will probably not get as many head shots on Love as last year, but he better not hold the ball for long.

                            The only way we win this game is if we start Jennings and have him take out Booker just to show them we aren't pussies. Then he can get ejected like Booker never was for his cheap hits and we can bring in someone who can block. Seriously if we aren't in 5 fights on the first 6 plays this game will be over before it starts. Show some pride ffs.
                            The only time success comes before work is in the dictionary -- Vince Lombardi

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by Joemailman View Post
                              Dominique Yates
                              @RealDYates

                              Starting #Packers offensive line during drills: LT: Jordan Morgan LG: Laken Tomlinson C: Sean Rhyan RG: Kevin Zeitler RT: Anthony Belton​
                              The guard combination is an indictment of Guter. yes, Banks would've been "preferred" as a starter, but I think they knew from training camp on that the guy was going to be iffy in terms of health. Yet they waited until the offensive line imploded before signing Tomlinson and Zeitler, both of whom were available all summer.

                              And as ACME has pointed out, it's not as if this line will be good. They'll be merely below average, which will be a step up from how horrible they were the first three games.

                              Ron Wolf would be stomping mad at this.
                              "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

                              KYPack

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Courtney Cronin
                                @CourtneyRCronin

                                Kyle Monangai is OUT for the Packers game, per Ben Johnson. His toe injury is a bigger concern than the team initially realized. Monangai saw a specialist and is currently in a boot. He will not practice today.​
                                I can't run no more with that lawless crowd
                                While the killers in high places say their prayers out loud
                                But they've summoned, they've summoned up a thundercloud
                                They're going to hear from me - Leonard Cohen

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X