Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official Packers Destroy Bears More F****** Banjo Thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Official Packers Destroy Bears More F****** Banjo Thread

    Jordan Love 25-31, 367, 2 TD, 137.5 passer rating.

    Marshawn Lloyd - 2 TD

    Christian Watson - 6 catches, 143 yards, 2 TD

    Matthew Golden - 6 catches, 123 yards

    DDS - 1 sack, 2 TFL, 1 PD

    Xavier McKinney - 2 INT

    Packers defense forces 5 turnovers

    Packers outgain Bears 428-246

    Discuss
    I can't run no more with that lawless crowd
    While the killers in high places say their prayers out loud
    But they've summoned, they've summoned up a thundercloud
    They're going to hear from me - Leonard Cohen

  • #2
    Will they show up next week?

    Comment


    • #3
      I have not broken this down, but the Packers do show signs of being very young with the trouble they have had on the road. Home cooking works much better especially for the offense.

      Today, 4 penalties for 25 yards.
      Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

      Comment


      • #4
        Deep shot after deep shot. I think we found our identity.
        The only time success comes before work is in the dictionary -- Vince Lombardi

        Comment


        • #5
          The first sign of life, spunk, grit, whatever throughout an entire game since Parsons' injury. I wasn't sure they could find it.

          As a survivor of the 1970s and '80s I caution against over jubilance. Now they have to sustain what they showed today and build further on it.

          Comment


          • #6
            Dud: Tex - X got all the picks, but Nixon had a(nother?) great game. Tex detests Nixon. Don’t think Nixon’s name was mentioned once - sign of a shutdown corner!

            Stud: Tex - Bunch of punks calling for a Packer loss. Tex asserted confidently: go all-in on the Packers.

            Dud: Moi - This milksop merely put $40 on the Packers. Losing $60 on shit college football parlays on Saturday fucked with my head a bit, I reckon. Go all-in on the Packers, Tex said. Shoulda heeded the wise man.

            Yeah, keep fucking.
            I don’t want a battle from beginning to end
            I don’t want a cycle of recycled revenge

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by bobblehead View Post
              Deep shot after deep shot. I think we found our identity.
              It worked because that was the weakness in the Bears defense. They've struggled when trying to do that against other teams.
              2025 Ratpickers champion.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by bobblehead View Post
                Deep shot after deep shot. I think we found our identity.
                What’s different from the rest of the season other than connecting?

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by MadtownPacker View Post
                  What’s different from the rest of the season other than connecting?
                  Time to make the throw.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Patler View Post
                    The first sign of life, spunk, grit, whatever throughout an entire game since Parsons' injury. I wasn't sure they could find it.

                    As a survivor of the 1970s and '80s I caution against over jubilance. Now they have to sustain what they showed today and build further on it.
                    Cowboys at home next week. If they can get to 4-2 and then get Parsons, and maybe Jacobs back, things could get interesting.
                    I can't run no more with that lawless crowd
                    While the killers in high places say their prayers out loud
                    But they've summoned, they've summoned up a thundercloud
                    They're going to hear from me - Leonard Cohen

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by MadScientist View Post

                      It worked because that was the weakness in the Bears defense. They've struggled when trying to do that against other teams.
                      Yeah hasn’t worked so well. I do feel Love was letting it loose earlier and so the more confidence. He trusted his receivers early and it paid off.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Bobble, did the line move this week? CBS has Packers covering +1.5 but all week I saw Packers +2.5 on Yahoo.
                        Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Patler View Post

                          Time to make the throw.
                          Appeared Love was getting his passes off quicker. The ball was ahead of WRs a few times where they might have made the play on the run. Last couple weeks seemed they had to slow down and the defense was able to make the play.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Smack missing an XP and two FGs is not good....at home. Rookies pains, but that can hurt the Pack when we need him to make kicks.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Anybody who didn't see this WIN coming doesn't have enough faith in what we have, not to mention that old fundamental principle: THE BEARS STILL SUCK.

                              Not to say I told ya'all so, but I TOLD YA'ALL SO!!!!!!

                              As I also said - over and over again, mediocre O Line play makes little or no difference if the skill players play with skill. Love was great today with maybe less horrible than sometimes but still very mediocre protection from the line. The running game got a little bit today, which is a lot more than what they got in earlier games. The O Line I suppose gets a little bit of credit for that, but in many cases, Lloyd and Strong and late in the game Johnson got a good part of their yardage despite not much opening of holes by the line. No matter, we won anyway, and we usually would even with this kind of line play, which face it, wasn't significantly better than what we've seen all year.

                              As I've also said over and over, not so much in here, but yelling at the screen, "damn, LaFleur, don't just run it into the line or throw those shitty little sideways passes. THROW IT DOWN THE FIELD!" He did, and it worked great - of course.

                              And while I'm bragging, I'll eat some crow too. Keisan was fairly decent today, still not great, but I'll say marginally good. And the guy who was starting to be another D villain in my eyes, McKinney finally came through big. Of course it helps to be going against a crappy rookie and a washed up veteran QB, and also to be playing with a nice lead.

                              Smack? If he had to have a bad game, this was the time for it. I think he'll still be fine. I suspect some weird swirling winds had something to do with his problems.
                              What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X