Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread: The ugly truth

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by get louder at lambeau View Post
    Well, I don't see how I could have gotten by with any less than four. Maybe if I switched some of them out for "vagina" or "twat"?
    Well, according to the young Black Kids at the gym, "sissy ass bitch" has eclipsed 'pussy' as the male urban insult.

So whip a couple of them on him.

Course, it might not work on a Mexican.
    Last edited by KYPack; 06-10-2011 at 03:22 PM.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by HowardRoark View Post
    Hey Billy Bob, I think the word is "don't."

MMmmm hmmmm, I rekin'

"Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Campbell View Post
    I personally learned a lot from this entire exercise - like how to still torture the shit out of Woody without saying anything overtly offensive.
    And you eventually turned him away from the Dark Side. "There is good in you, Woodbuck, Brett Favre has not driven it from you fully. Let go of your hate..."
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by retailguy View Post
    I think it works on Chrome and maybe some versions of IE. It doesn't work on Firefox, except when you create a new post.

Yes it does.
    "Greatness is not an act... but a habit.Greatness is not an act... but a habit." -Greg Jennings

Quote Originally Posted by Guiness View Post
    Maybe, but I happen to agree with TD on this. Leaves a bad taste in your mouth.

I've butted head with RG in these forums (some time ago, pre-Joe) and would've been pretty pissed off if I'd been reprimanded for doing so by the admin, only to later find out he was the admin.
    I was going to let this go by, but think I need to address it. Your point is fair, and you're entitled to have it.

None of us are perfect, and I'm certainly not. But this forum has been around for 5 years, and I'd been a moderator for about 4 of those years. So there are lots of potential items that you can point to and say "that guy screwed up again". Sometimes you'll be correct, and sometimes you'll be whining and sniveling.

In the above cases, you're looking at a snapshot in time. It is ONE post. I rarely yelled at someone for ONE offense. Usually, these things built for days and weeks. Without the benefit of hindsight, I don't remember the circumstance, and even using search, you won't have the whole background that could have been going on for days, or weeks.

In any event, it's my record, and if you find fault with it, that's actually just fine with me. We've had about 600k posts here, so however you want to do the math, that's a lot of potential for error. So, if a few dozen of these complaints show up, or hell, even a hundred, I'll be fine with it. 999 out of 1,000 times you make the right call. That one time? Sometimes you fuck it up pretty good.

A good thing with Joe, that I personally liked - When no one knew I was Joe, I was able to post here and give my opinion and even get into an argument sometimes. No one pulled the "moderator" card. You know, when I post something, someone tells me I'm an idiot, I respond, and they trot out the "You can't talk that way to your posters when you're a moderator!" line. Even though the whole debate had zero to do with moderating. I didn't miss that, AT ALL.
    Last edited by retailguy; 06-10-2011 at 04:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MJZiggy View Post

Yes it does.
    Could someone send me a screen shot of that "more" field? I swear I don't see it.

I leave for a few months, and all hell breaks loose.

There's probably too much anxiety about lack of posting going on. As someone said, football forums need football. I've been over at Football's Future, and it's pretty dead there too.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Quote Originally Posted by KYPack View Post
    Schnike!

When things get boring as hell, PR becomes the most interesting Packer forum in the world!

Mad got burned out on running the forum and figured out a ruse to get away from it for a bit. RG agreed to play along and took the charge while acting as “Joe” (Blow?) phantom owner/administrator.

Who can blame either one of ‘em? Hell, I burned out from just posting and took a whole season off. I wasn’t ragged at anybody or had any huge feuds with posters. I just had a bellyful of the Favre/draft posts. That shit didn’t interest me, so I took a break. Everybody needs to focus on the real world and take time off every once in awhile.

I’ve always felt running one of these small forums is one of the most taxing tasks in the world. For the time, money, and resources expended managing a football or other special interest forum, the admin could run little business site that would actually make that person some jing. Not much, but a helluva lot more than running a Packer forum gets ya.

I’ve long pondered how to help the people that run Rats. I don’t wanna be a moderator, an admin (I’d fuck that up) or a cheerleader or any of that shit. I also agree with Mad that it’s bullshit to sell ads, or sell coffee mugs, or give away mouse pads. (PackerAddict already made abject fools of themselves trying to pull that one off). I long ago came to the conclusion that I didn’t really know how to help, but would as long as it didn’t require any time, effort or money on my part.

We need a Packer forum with all the personalities, viewpoints, and opinions of the cast of characters that we have on here. Sometimes posters become such insane douchebages that it is maddening. Partial and Ty were such pains in the balls that it was ridiculous. What can you do with wackjobs like that? If you are the admin, you can’t hit the ignore button.

Maybe I’ll put in for one of the multiple Identity jobs. I’d like to get in a fight with Ty as one personality, then ban his ass as “Miguel”, Mad’s asshole cousin from Guadalajara, who has recently purchased the site.

Yeah, that’s the ticket.

Let’s keep this joint running. I make no promises of anything, but I vote let’s keep it runnin’.
    You're freakin' kidding me, right? You're a goddamn football genius and you don't know how to help?
    "Greatness is not an act... but a habit.Greatness is not an act... but a habit." -Greg Jennings

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    I leave for a few months, and all hell breaks loose.

There's probably too much anxiety about lack of posting going on. As someone said, football forums need football. I've been over at Football's Future, and it's pretty dead there too.
    No, it was dead the whole time you were gone. All hell broke loose in anticipation of your return. It's like a reunion in this thread. Is there like an RSS feed for forum drama or something?

Could someone send me a screen shot of that "more" field? I swear I don't see it.
    Hit Go Advanced and look about an inch below the group of icons to the right of the text box.

I was down in the Rat Cave when my Rat Phone started flashing, and I knew Harlan and 007 were back.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    I was down in the Rat Cave when my Rat Phone started flashing, and I knew Harlan and 007 were back.

I thought we agreed not to use "Harlan" and "flashing" in the same sentence anymore.

I always wondered why Joe was wearing a mask in his avatar. But, who is that behind the mask?

Quote Originally Posted by MJZiggy View Post
    Hit Go Advanced and look about an inch below the group of icons to the right of the text box.
    Nothing there. See my email.

Nothing there. See my email.
    Maybe there's something wrong in your settings 'cause it's not supposed to look like that.

El Jardinero Rat HOFer MadtownPacker's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by get louder at lambeau View Post
    Goddamn you're a bitchy little girl, Madtown. I've been a member of this forum for almost 2 years, and people are surprised to hear that I run Packer forums. Does that sound like I've been promoting my forums? And you're queer enough to actually remove the names of them in my post two years later? When I just complimented your site and didn't advise anyone to switch or check my sites out? What a fucking pussy you are. Holy shit. I knew you were a bitch, but wow.

You can feel free to come to my sites an advocate for Packerrats. I'm not that way. You wouldn't be the first. My sites will survive on their own merits, and if they don't, then oh well. I don't get all bent out of shape if someone mentions another website. Seriously, feel free. Your stupid bullshit has been losing you members for years, so you could use the help, and my site-that-cannot-be-named-here is more active than this one by quite a bit, year round. I honestly don't mind.

I go to four Packer forums, personally, because I like to discuss the Packers. I have mentioned and linked to Packerrats on both of my sites before. Like I said, it's a good site, even if you and retail are desperately trying to fuck it up with your own personal drama and power trips. It's a good site despite all your bullshit. Your threat of banning me "for promoting my site" is a cute little reminder of how you idiots are fucking this site up. Over-sensitive, defensive, power tripping retards trying to kill a good site. That sucks. Oh, and I know you didn't ask, that's why I said, "Just my unsolicited opinion, but I'm right, dammit." Look up "unsolicited" if you need to.

Just how stupid is your shit? Check this shit out, one PM from each of the secret identities you little comic book pussies made up to hide behind-

From "Joe" this January-

This one is from "administrator" in January of 2010-

I think it was probably retail both times, because it seems like he was the one I was probably arguing with. Pussy-ass shit, plain and simple, to use fake accounts like that. I think everyone here would agree.

Anywho, the point of my post, which one of your members thought was a "great post", while another said you could take pointers from me, but that you only got butthurt by, was that you are making your job harder by being such a controlling pussy. Just let it run itself, and stay out of the way, and maybe you won't get burnt out by it. You are making it harder than it needs to be, and you are holding the forum back with your bullshit and secret pussy shit. You are being a drama queen, and then bitching that you got burnt out by all the drama. Go figure.

Or, just keep being a pussy, ban me for hurting your feelings, and lose yet another regular poster. Your call. Mraynrand and your boy retail have both expressed that they expect you to continue to be a bitch to them for speaking the truth, so why would anyone expect any different out of you? You have created your own legacy. Good luck with that.
    First off, you are more then welcome run your mouth here and to attend the PackerRats Poster game (if there is a game to go to) this year and let me know how much of a bitch I am. Until then you aint banned unless you do what you where told wasnt cool. Thank you for the invite to piss on your carpet but that is not how I do it. I am not a fan of banning or else everyfuckingbody would be gone (I hate White people). Run your shit your way I will run mine my way. I think PackerRats is doing fine and will get better. Your site is more busy huh? I doubt it and besides, you have stupid Whiteys, mine are smart.

Dont try to convince me to not care about this bitch because it aint happening. You can keep not loving your forum(s) if you like. I should actually be paying these crackas that post here for providing me with a great group to be racist against. I could never get away with this shit offline.

But other than that why dont you let us discuss OUR site so we can fix the piece shit. So maybe you should be right and back off.

El Jardinero Rat HOFer MadtownPacker's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Whats up Foscoerelli? You damn wop. Can you whack someone for me?

Man, this has brought out big hitters like you and KY. Joemailman was actually delivering the mail until today.

Quote Originally Posted by MadtownPacker View Post
    Run your shit your way I will run mine my way.

I got the feeling you burned out last time because you got a little too full of yourself and your shit. The posters here are not your shit.

If you run this site the way you're supposed to, nobody can poach posters. If anything, the cross promotion of sites could be beneficial for both.

IMHO
    Last edited by Scott Campbell; 06-10-2011 at 07:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SkinBasket View Post
    If it weren't for your rabid breast fixation, you would have seen this was addressed.

Speaking of breasts, can we get a bouncing breasts emoticon? Damn handy, that.
    http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-sex009.gif

What the hell is going on and why the hell didn't anyone call me??? The first thing I'm gonna do is tell Tyrone to kiss my ass, then I'm gonna welcome the ass hole back because he adds some flavor...that flavor may have a hint of shit, but it's still flavor. I'm glad all this is out in the open now. I like this place with Madtown running it. By the way...since we're all coming clean here...how about we all come clean on our secret posting names? Freak Out...are really Sheepshead?