Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: GOAT Packer QB

Here's the man.

Quote Originally Posted by Harlan Huckleby View Post
    Here's the man.

Men.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by Rutnstrut View Post
    You do know the AR has agreed with this way of thinking now that he's the "old man" in the QB room?
    I'm not really bothered by this attitude.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    I'm not really bothered by this attitude.

Me either. But some of the Favre haters love to bring it up. People can say "it's a business" when players go to another team. Well it's a business move or self preservation if these guys don't want to teach their replacement everything they know. Plus the best teacher is actual experience. So let them learn through doing.

When they draft a QB #1, they’re looking to replace you sooner than later. It’s a competition and you really can’t expect a guy to go nuts training the next guy who is kicking him out the door - unless you work for Disney...

Shutdown Corner Rat HOFer Anti-Polar Bear's Avatar
    Have y’all forgotten 4’s iron man streak? An argument could be made that the streak by itself makes 4 the GOAT. Ain’t no fuckin QB in Hades is gonna play that many str8t games if he’s fragile and his game is an abomination.

I stand by my indebunkable argument: Unless 12 wins another ring in the Green and Gold, 4’s the 🐐.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Oday View Post
    Favre didnt single handedly do anything. Reggie signing here did.
    Yep. And in my opinion Judas/Mr. Interception lost a lot of important games so he can pound sand up his ass...'for obvious reasons'.

Quote Originally Posted by Harlan Huckleby View Post
    In the universe of Packer fan opinion Favre is the top dog. Common sense must say that this is right view: it's most common.

I agree with your opinion, though. I was just a little puzzled why Packerrats is so much more pro-Arod than rest of greater Wisconsin. Maybe we have uncommon good sense. Or we're a bunch of Favre grudge holding wankers.
    I am proud to be an anti "I lose the most important games because I throw STUPID interceptions' and will be for a long long time....by the way...I didn't see Lynn Dickey as a choice? he was my guy when I was a kid.......

Quote Originally Posted by ZachMN View Post
    I am proud to be an anti "I lose the most important games because I throw STUPID interceptions' and will be for a long long time....by the way...I didn't see Lynn Dickey as a choice? he was my guy when I was a kid.......

Lynn Dicky was every bit as talented as Dan Fouts - perhaps even a better, more accurate deep ball. If Dicky had been 1)Healthy and 2) with a consistently decent organization he'd have been a shoo-in HOF QB.

BTW, I met Paul Coffman a few years back (Lynn was nearby but I didn't get to meet him) and I thought he was Mark Murphy! (I'm 6'3" and Paul is older now, so he's kinda shrunk - just over 6 feet tall, thin and bald). But a great, nice guy. Part of that great offense under Bob Schnelker.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by Rutnstrut View Post
    You do know the AR has agreed with this way of thinking now that he's the "old man" in the QB room?
    Which comment are we talking about? Rodgers said he understood the not wanting to mentor a replacement, but he hasn't behaved in the same way with his backups. Of course, there hasn't been a first round pick yet, so that case hasn't been tested.

He has also said he understood how Favre seemed apart from the team due to age. But rather than retreat into a separate office and hold his weekly media availability in the press room, Rodgers is still in the locker room and going out of his way to greet his younger teammates. Rodgers again doing things his own way.

You don't have to approve of either method or choice, but Rodgers hasn't behaved like Favre to his teammates yet.
    Last edited by pbmax; 09-15-2018 at 03:38 PM.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti-Polar Bear View Post
    Have y’all forgotten 4’s iron man streak? An argument could be made that the streak by itself makes 4 the GOAT. Ain’t no fuckin QB in Hades is gonna play that many str8t games if he’s fragile and his game is an abomination.

I stand by my indebunkable argument: Unless 12 wins another ring in the Green and Gold, 4’s the ��.
    And he now said he would never let his kids play football.
    Quote Originally Posted by 3irty1 View Post
    This is museum quality stupidity.

Blog Entries
    I'd say it's AROD for sure; he could excel in any system.

If Favre played for Lombardi I think he might have been traded away to Australia....lol
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    I'd say it's AROD for sure; he could excel in any system.

If Favre played for Lombardi I think he might have been traded away to Australia....lol
    thats a really good point