PDA

View Full Version : The Official 2010 NFL Draft Thread

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

swede
04-22-2010, 07:59 PM
How many picks will Denver have now?

Tarlam!
04-22-2010, 07:59 PM
Clausen must be feeling like Brady and Aaron, right about.......NOW!

pbmax
04-22-2010, 08:00 PM
So much for the theory that McCloughan took attitude risks that Singletary didn't like. They jumped up for Davis.

Gosselin isn't faring well, but at least I picked Joe Haden to the Browns for the Rat Mock Draft Extravaganza.

swede
04-22-2010, 08:02 PM
Seattle: Okung and Thomas?

Lucky!

Rastak
04-22-2010, 08:02 PM
Anyone watching NFL network? Now I know why they are called the big uglies.....

Rastak
04-22-2010, 08:03 PM
Seattle: Okung and Thomas?

Lucky!

Opportunistic......

edit: Ok, lucky.

Brando19
04-22-2010, 08:03 PM
Anyone going to be pissed if Bryant is our pick at 23?

Tarlam!
04-22-2010, 08:04 PM
Pierre whatever?

imscott72
04-22-2010, 08:04 PM
Another trade?

Rastak
04-22-2010, 08:05 PM
Thomas to Seahawks....

Analysis
Read & React: Recognizes what's coming quickly and has the speed to get to the spot to make a play. As a safety, he was a bit overaggressive, biting on play-action and underneath routes which leaves cornerbacks on an island.

Man Coverage: Needs technique work before making the move to cornerback. Backpedal is high and slow, and lags in recovery on double moves and catching up to receivers running quick outs or square-ins. Has the speed to turn and run with receivers.

Zone Coverage: Attacks throws in front of him and has good range as a safety. Can make the interception or a big hit to separate the man from the ball. Makes quarterbacks pay for late throws over the middle, baiting them into making poor decisions. Excellent hand-eye coordination.

Closing/Recovery: Very good burst and closing speed to the ball. Wins most battles for the ball in the air. Slow to plant and drive in coverage but can close when the play is in front of him. Recovers from false steps to get back to receivers.

Run Support: Willing to support the run. Flies into the action at full speed, pounding backs in the open field. Will overpursue and fail to break down, missing tackles. Will struggle to get off receiver or lineman blocks.

Tackling: Inconsistent as a tackler in space despite good statistics. Larger receivers and tough running backs run through his tackles in space. Ends up riding big receivers for a few yards before bringing them down. A special teams force in college and will be used there in the pros.

Intangibles: Heady, hard-working player on the practice field and in the weight room. Directs secondary and knows teammates' assignments. Father Earl Thomas, Sr., is a pastor.

imscott72
04-22-2010, 08:05 PM
Ugh there goes Thomas..

Rastak
04-22-2010, 08:06 PM
From PFT.com

Posted by Mike Florio on April 22, 2010 9:02 PM ET
As it turns out, those rumors of quarterback Tim Tebow being a top-15 pick could be sort of accurate.

A team that held a top-15 pick may get him.

Sam Farmer of the Los Angeles Times, who is sitting a row in front of the PFT contingent at Radio City Music Hall, just said that the Broncos supposedly are sliding back with a plan to pick Florida quarterback Tim Tebow.

channtheman
04-22-2010, 08:06 PM
Is there any place that outlines all these trades?

Rastak
04-22-2010, 08:07 PM

Not nearly quick enough....a couple years ago I think nfl.com had a page.

swede
Pete Carrol gets a shot at Mays and takes Earl Thomas.

Hmmmm

Sparkey
LOL ESPN listed Jim Sorgi as a key acquisition for the Giants! :lol:

Rastak
04-22-2010, 08:08 PM
Derrick Morgan here?

channtheman
04-22-2010, 08:09 PM
LOL ESPN listed Jim Sorgi as a key acquisition for the Giants! :lol:

Saw that too!

I think the Seahawks just picked up a great player.

Lurker64
04-22-2010, 08:09 PM
I would guess 'Spoon to the Giants. They really wanted McClain, but really need an MLB and ther's a lot of mediocrity after those two.

pbmax
04-22-2010, 08:10 PM

Not nearly quick enough....a couple years ago I think nfl.com had a page.
PFT has them. Its post by post though

Rastak
I wonder if Taylor Mays falls to 30......he'd actually be an ok fit in a tampa 2.

pbmax
I would guess 'Spoon to the Giants. They really wanted McClain, but really need an MLB and ther's a lot of mediocrity after those two.
D Line if I had to bet.

Sparkey
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/draft-tracker?GT1=39002#round=1&team=ALL&school=ALL&position=ALL

channtheman
04-22-2010, 08:11 PM
ESPN also lists Aaron Rouse as a loss! :lol:

Rastak
04-22-2010, 08:12 PM
Wow Pierre-Paul......

Analysis
Pass rush: Lined up on both sides of the defensive line (and stood up as an outside linebacker) and has the length, effort and closing speed to be a very good pass rusher. Has the height, length and excellent vertical jump to clog passing lanes. Gets to the pocket in a hurry against most tackles, but struggles to turn the corner against better linemen because of a lack of flexibility. Flashes ability to beat tight ends with quickness but is not consistent. Very raw in his pass-rush technique -- only capable of going outside and can bull rush effectively against lesser competition. Does not get off blocks to offer a secondary rush. Dances on the edge, even when running backs meet him to chip. Not effective on twists.

Run defense: Only fair change-of-direction agility for his size; he ends up on the ground too often when ballcarriers elude him. Uses his length and good effort to grab running backs coming through the hole if not engaged. Hustles to plays run away from him or downfield when fresh, but isn't fast enough to chase down running backs or mobile quarterbacks from behind. Does not know how to use his hands to get off blocks from tackles or tight ends. Often on the sideline in short-yardage situations because can't get low or stand his ground against strong tackles.

Explosion: Explodes out of his stance when rushing the passer out of a three-point stance, especially if the quarterback does not change up the snap count. Little pop into his man's jersey playing against the run game and typically was dominated by NFL-caliber tackles.

Strength: Lacks functional strength to hold up against NFL tackles, whether attempting a bull rush or stacking his man to play the run. Loses his balance when attempting to disengage on stretch plays. Easily knocked off his feet running in space. Limited stamina shows up late in games through less hustle and lost strength after initial contact.

Tackling: Drag-down tackler who uses his hustle and length to his advantage when in position to make a play. Will take a big shot at a ballcarrier if vulnerable, but is not really an explosive tackler. Is evaded too easily in the backfield because he lunges and lacks the flexibility to break down and quickly change direction.

Intangibles: Has relatively little experience on the football field. Played at three schools in three years because of academic issues. No character red flags.

OS PA
04-22-2010, 08:13 PM
Biggest bust ever- JPP, 1 year of D1 football.

swede
04-22-2010, 08:13 PM
gbpackerfan picked JPP in the Packer mock at 14. JPP goes 15. Nice job.

Rastak
04-22-2010, 08:14 PM
Maybe Titans take Dan Williams? They need a DE though......

Rastak
04-22-2010, 08:15 PM
Biggest bust ever- JPP, 1 year of football.

Don't present him with the "Gholstan" award just yet.

Tarlam!
04-22-2010, 08:15 PM

Dunno for sure, but I suspect you're right. This is one career I'll be watching

Sparkey
04-22-2010, 08:16 PM
Derrick Morgan will go to the Titans.

OS PA
04-22-2010, 08:16 PM

He wouldn't be a first rounder if he hadn't been able to do backflips. Those handsprings jumped him into the spotlight.

hoosier
04-22-2010, 08:17 PM
I wouldn't be totally shocked to see Pittsburgh take Clausen.

swede

What time is it Tarlam?

pack4to84
rumor Packers trying to move up

Lurker64
I like this "Tyson Alualu" and "Ryan Matthews" and "JPP" thing, it means more good players are going to fall to us. (I do love Alualu, but I had him going after we pick).

Rastak
04-22-2010, 08:18 PM

He wouldn't be a first rounder if he hadn't been able to do backflips. Those handsprings jumped him into the spotlight.

NFL radio guys down on the pick but Gil Brandt likes him as a top 10 guy....we'll see.

imscott72
Are we moving up? NFL Network thinks so..

swede
Derrick Morgan

In the PRMock Mazzin had Tennessee taking a DE and Morgan was already gone. Good call Mazz

Tarlam!
So much for the "TT is trading up 11 spots" rumor, I guess?

Rastak
04-22-2010, 08:19 PM
Morgan goes to Titans, Dan Williams still there.....

Analysis
Pass rush: Good initial burst off the snap but is inconsistent in that area. Flashes an explosive first step to cross the tackle's face and good flexibility to get under the pass blocker's reach to get the advantage. Good spin move back inside to compliment his speed rush. Long arms and good leg drive for the bull rush. Can push the tackle into the pocket, rip to disengage and close to make the play. Alert defender that locates the ball quickly and adjusts his pass rush technique based on the down and distance. Learning to get his hands up to close passing lanes. Made significant improvements in this area as a junior and might be just scratching the surface of his potential.

Run defense: An underrated component to his game. Good size and strength to hold up against the run. Gives an impressive initial jolt to the tackle to separate. Good lateral agility and balance to string out the play and keep containment. Good pursuit laterally and downfield to bring down the runner from behind.

Explosion: A bit inconsistent in this area, but demonstrates an explosive first step when he's allowed to pin his ears back and rush the passer. Good initial pop to jolt the pass blocker onto his heels for the bull-rush and running game. Can disengage quickly with an explosive shove.

Strength: Has good strength and is improving use of hands to stack and control the offensive tackle. Struggles with leverage, at times, especially as he tires. Too often stands up rather than moves forward as the game goes on, negating his power. Good hand and arm strength to drag down ball-carriers as they attempt to run past him.

Tackling: Good body control to adjust in space and make the secure tackle against elusive ballcarriers. Reliable wrap-up tackler that brings his hips and can make impact takedowns. Good strength for the drag-down tackle when engaged with the blockers. Good hustle laterally and downfield.

Intangibles: Alert, intelligent player that is consistently the last of the defensive linemen to settle into his three-point stance as he tries to diagnose the upcoming play. High effort player that teammates and coaches point to as a leader on and off the field. Has never missed a game in his collegiate career.

Tarlam!
04-22-2010, 08:19 PM

What time is it Tarlam?

3:18 am

Rastak
04-22-2010, 08:20 PM

For whom though?

Sparkey
04-22-2010, 08:20 PM

What time is it Tarlam?

3:18 am

Brost! :glug:

Sparkey
04-22-2010, 08:21 PM
Iupati to the Niners

Pouncey to the Steelers

OS PA
04-22-2010, 08:22 PM
Not trying to be racist, but no white players have been drafted yet. Conspiracy? :roll: :wink:

Rastak
9er's take a second OL.....Iupoti

Analysis
2008 GAME

Arizona and Idaho State … Sat out the Vandals first two games while recovering from surgery performed due to a late 2007 shoulder injury.

San Diego State … Iupati graded a career-best 97%, as he posted eight knockdowns, along with two touchdown-resulting blocks … The left guard cleared a path used by Troy Vital for a fourth quarter 2-yard touchdown run … With 7:13 left in the game, he capped an 8-play, 74-yard series when he drive defensive end Ernie Lawson to the ground, creating a cutback lane used for a 12-yard scoring scamper by Princeton McCarty … Head to Head Competition-DT#99-Ernie Lawson (6:03-303)-No tackles … Iupati Offensive Impact-The left guard recorded eight knockdowns with two touchdown-resulting blocks and one down-field block, grading 97% … Helped the team gain 182 yards rushing, 169 yards passing and generate 351 total yards on 74 plays.

Nevada … The junior was credited with eight more knockdowns … In the third quarter, his slip block let him get out and stop the backside pursuit from defensive end Dontay Moch, giving QB Nathan Enderle time to throw a 10-yard touchdown to slot receiver Eddie Williams … Head to Head Competition-DT#94-Mundrae Clifton (6:02-293)-No tackles … Iupati Offensive Impact-The left guard recorded eight knockdowns with one touchdown-resulting block and one down-field block, grading 91% … Helped the team gain 24 yards rushing, 292 yards passing and generate 316 total yards on 75 plays.

Fresno State … For the third-straight game, Iupati did not allow his blocking assignment to record any statistics … In the fourth quarter, a 60-yard 6-play drive ended when the left guard shoved defensive tackle Mark Roberts out of the way on a 2-yard touchdown run by Deonte Jackson … Head to Head Competition-DT#99-Mark Roberts (6:04-302)-No tackles … Iupati Offensive Impact-The left guard recorded nine knockdowns with one touchdown-resulting block, grading 90% … Helped the team gain 215 yards rushing, 237 yards passing and generate 452 total yards on 78 plays.

red
my god guys. baluga might fall right into our laps

by my count no teams until our pick need a OT

imscott72

For whom though?

Bulaga maybe? I don't think he falls to us at 23.

Tarlam!
04-22-2010, 08:23 PM
That really sucks!

Sparkey

For whom though?

Bulaga maybe? I don't think he falls to us at 23.

Falcons
Texans
Bengals
Patriots
Packers

channtheman
Not trying to be racist, but no white players have been drafted yet. Conspiracy? :roll: :wink:

Sam Bradford's black!? :wink:

OS PA
04-22-2010, 08:24 PM

Well, only half white. It's all a conspiracy, racist teams aren't picking Bulaga because he's white.

swede
04-22-2010, 08:25 PM
Edit: Never mind

I had Iupati going to Steelers with next pick.

Tarlam!
With the Packers facing Suh twice a year, we desperately needed Iupati. Please Lord, let Pouncey make it to 23!!

Rastak

Well, only half white. It's all a conspiracy, racist teams aren't picking Bulaga because he's white.

It's because he's a big ugly dude maybe.....

Tony Oday

I hope the Packers set that right ;) Bulaga would be awesome.

OS PA
Damnit, there's my pick. I wanted the big road grater on our team. 49ers now have a strong left side.

Fred's Slacks
04-22-2010, 08:27 PM
I am officially getting my hopes up for Bulaga now at 23.

Tony Oday
04-22-2010, 08:28 PM
If we get Bulaga...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ElBdIjs7vvc

fast forward to 1:10 :)

Rastak
Boooooooooooooo

imscott72
With the Packers facing Suh twice a year, we desperately needed Iupati. Please Lord, let Pouncey make it to 23!!

Doesn't seem to TT like to him to draft a C.

Tony Oday
04-22-2010, 08:29 PM
Boooooooooooooo

Favre not coming back ;)

Welcome back Ras! Thought I was the only person in MN that lurked here anymore!

Rastak
Steelers take Pouncey...

Analysis
Pass blocking: Adept at the shotgun snap. Good quickness and accuracy in firing the snap back and catching the defensive tackle. Stout at the point of attack. Quick, accurate hand placement and impressive strength to handle the bull rush. Big and strong enough to handle the nose guard one on one. Good lateral agility and balance to handle quicker defensive tackles. Keeps his head on a swivel and looks to help his teammates.

Run blocking: Rare combination of size, leverage and power as a drive blocker. Stays low and gets under the pads of his opponent to move him off the line of scrimmage. Very good combination blocker; capable of helping out the guard initially on the double-team and releasing to get to the second level. Good quickness, balance for the trap block. Plays with some nastiness. Looks to pancake his opponent when he feels he's off-balance. Good effort to sustain. Finishes the block.

Pulling/trapping: Not often asked to pull from the center position in this offense, but was asked to do this some as a freshman at right guard. Quick out of his stance and has the straight-line speed and balance to get out in front of the back. Good recognition to find his target and has the body control to adjust to the smaller opponent. Can be a punishing trap blocker. Good quickness and explodes into his opponent to knock him out of the play.

Initial Quickness: One of his best traits. Capable of making the accurate snap and still get his hands up quickly to catch the defensive tackle without losing much ground. Explosiveness as a trap blocker is impressive.

Downfield: Good, not great, speed to get to the second level. Good balance and agility to hit the moving target. Hustles downfield and looks for someone to hit.

Intangibles: Intelligent. Made all the line calls for Gators. Showed his toughness by starting in the 2009-10 Sugar Bowl only hours after receiving four bags of IV fluids and being treated for kidney stones. Underwent a CT scan that showed no obstruction in his kidneys and was cleared to play. Identical twin, Mike, plays right guard for the Gators and elected to return for his senior season.

Lurker64
Good, now the Packers won't get Iupati or Pouncey.

RashanGary
Just got home. My boys Alualu and Matthews are already gone. Shit.

Tarlam!
04-22-2010, 08:30 PM
Damnit, there's my pick. I wanted the big road grater on our team. 49ers now have a strong left side.

I'm with you, dude. 100%.

Rastak
Boooooooooooooo

Favre not coming back ;)

Welcome back Ras! Thought I was the only person in MN that lurked here anymore!

No, the Vikings hall of famer will be back!

I did like Pouncey.

OS PA
Falcons pick Baby Bulaga?

imscott72
04-22-2010, 08:31 PM
Boooooooooooooo

I'm ok with him gone. I'm getting jacked up for Bulaga now..

Tarlam!
Good, now the Packers won't get Iupati or Pouncey.

What's wrong with you, man? These guys are pro bowlers next season.

rbaloha1

That clip of Graham beating Bulaga scares me -- stiff with poor knee bend.

Please tell me I am wrong.

Sparkey
Weatherspoon

Rastak
04-22-2010, 08:32 PM
Falcons take versatile LB Weatherspoon....

nalysis
Read & React: Good instincts and reaction speed -- knows the game and plays very fast. Reads plays quickly. Easily identifies screen and bootleg and takes away the open check-down receiver in the flat. A bit overzealous against the run. Will take false steps, bite on play-action and run past the ball in the backfield.

Run defense: Very good chase defender who comes downhill in a hurry, especially if the play goes east-west. Scrapes down the line and finds the opening to attack the running back. Physical but tries to avoid linemen in traffic, picking his way through to the ball. Spies the quarterback to prevent long runs on scrambles, and will beat them to the corner from the middle. Usually takes the right chase angle, but is quick enough to recover if the ballcarrier cuts back. Will take on fullback and lineman blocks inside, but does not have the size or punch needed to regularly disengage. Also has troubles getting off run blocks from larger receivers.

Pass defense: Recognizes routes in zone coverage, and is quick enough to lay a lick on receivers coming into his area. Gets deep in his drop and covers a lot of ground. Good enough change-of-direction agility in space to stick with receivers on the edge and run with backs and tight ends over the middle. Runs down the seam with almost any receiver. Natural athlete with very good hand-eye coordination for the interception or pass breakup. Uses quickness and hands to avoid cut blocks by receivers in space. Will face matchup difficulties against taller, faster tight ends at the next level.

Tackling: Wraps up elusive ballcarriers in space. Can line them up for the explosive tackle if given the chance. Pounds receivers coming over the middle, using his shoulder to lay them out. Will overpursue plays or hit a hole before the runner has reached it, opening a cutback lane. Relies on hitting with his shoulder, which will be an issue at the next level. Undisciplined breaking down in space, allowing elusive runners to go around him.

Pass Rush/Blitz: Effective blitzer who finds a hole and explodes through it. Quick enough to elude fullbacks in the hole to get to the quarterback. Can close quickly on quarterbacks and puts on major hits. Works through blocks from tight ends on the edge and linemen or running backs inside to rush the passer. Times jumps to knock down passes on his way to the quarterback.

Intangibles: Upbeat, infectious attitude on the practice field translates as the team's emotional leader.

Sparkey
Packers trade back for someone that wants Claussen ?

rbaloha1
Is Kyle Wilson the Packer's pick? Good rtn man.

Maxie the Taxi
04-22-2010, 08:33 PM

TT drafts Claussen?

Rastak
Man, the corners are falling......maybe GB goes that route....Minnesota too.

imscott72

I'm fine with that if Bulaga is gone..

rbaloha1
04-22-2010, 08:34 PM
SI the Packers selecting Sergio Kindle. Is this a good pick?

imscott72
04-22-2010, 08:34 PM
I bet the Pats take Bulaga..Matt Light is in the last year of his contract..They have a need..

imscott72
04-22-2010, 08:35 PM

Not bad at all..

Outstanding athlete who was named high school player of the year for both offense (as a running back) and defense, something that had never been done in modern history. He can rush the passer or drop into space. Was outstanding vs. Alabama in the BCS title game.

Maxie the Taxi
04-22-2010, 08:36 PM

Some say he's the best pass rusher in the draft.

Tarlam!
04-22-2010, 08:36 PM
Is it just me or is this year going faster than normal? we're 2 hours into it, but we're already at pick 20.

Maxie the Taxi
04-22-2010, 08:37 PM
Is Barry Sanders in the house? I thought I heard his name. Maybe it was Dion.

swede
04-22-2010, 08:38 PM
In the PRMock Joemailman has Bulaga being picked by Cincy

Rastak
Texans take CB Kareem Jackson....Kyle Wilson still on the board...

Analysis
Release: Quick out of his stance; can put a move on corner if in press or flat-out fly by zone corners and safeties waiting for him at the second level.

Hands: Has small hands, but is a reliable receiver. Snatches the ball out of the air on high and wide throws, even in traffic. Uses his hands when facing the quarterback as well. Tracks the ball over either shoulder and can leap to make the catch if the pass is overthrown. Will drop one occasionally when trying to make a move before securing the ball.

Route running: Owns the foot quickness to be a two-way threat from the slot. Stops quickly and gets a good angle on inside routes. Hesitation on stop-go routes freezes defenders and allows him to explode past. Will be a major threat on crossing routes at the next level. Will need work on his hand play near the line as he will be challenged within the five-yard area. Good burst to the ball when it's in the air.

After the catch: Jitterbug on the edge on quick screens, using jump step to elude defenders. Also used on inside screens, where he can weave his way through traffic. Good body control to head upfield after making the catch toward the sideline. Tough runner for his size; will lower his head to get to first down marker (though he's not strong enough to bowl over linebackers). Vision with the ball is good, not great, will run into blockers. Good punt returner because of his hands and acceleration. Doesn't always make the first man miss, but will make teams pay for low punts and poor coverage with good speed and shifty hips in the open field.

Blocking: Willing inside blocker for the run who gets into his man's jersey. Gives good effort to sustain and has upper-body strength, but is too small to hang on for long against larger defenders. Resorts to cut block at times, but will get into the thigh of the defender to stop him from reaching the ballcarrier. Looks for someone to hit downfield to help teammates.

Intangibles: Stepped up into leadership role on offense, worked hard in the off-season to build bulk. Missed time with a right hamstring injury in 2009.

channtheman
Is it just me or is this year going faster than normal? we're 2 hours into it, but we're already at pick 20.

It seems much faster than normal to me too. I just remember that 6 hour first round a few years ago. That was just torture.

swede

Lightnig, mostly due to picks 8-12

imscott72

It's flying by yes..

superfan
Hi fellas,

Nothing like draft day - kind of a Rats posters reunion party.

I have not followed the prospects at all this year. Anybody care to give a brief breakdown on surprises this year, possibly take a few guesses at best first round pick for the Pack?

imscott72
04-22-2010, 08:39 PM
Oh no, Broncos take Pats pick..They gonna take our guy?

rbaloha1

yes. round 1 used to almost take 6 hrs.

claussen=rogers.

Rastak
What up Superfan?

Rastak
04-22-2010, 08:40 PM
Oh no, Broncos take Pats pick..They gonna take our guy?

Tebow......

Tarlam!
04-22-2010, 08:41 PM
Hi fellas,

Yo SF! Sup??

Rastak
Bengals take the TE Gresham....

Analysis
Release: Despite his height, he gets off the line quickly whether standing up or in three-point stance. Finds second gear to accelerate past linebackers. Does not face the jam often, and must learn to use his hands to defeat it.

Hands: Has worked hard to improve consistency here, and makes some very difficult catches in traffic - but still short-arms some balls and allows others into his chest. Adjusts to poorly thrown balls in any direction. Typically secures the ball before heading upfield, but gets a bit loose on occasion. Superior height and excellent vertical for his size make him a top jump ball target.

Route running: Runs short, intermediate and deep routes effectively. Smooth runner. Quicker feet than expected, and runs tight routes inside and out. Sits down in zones and presents a large target. Will use head and body fakes before planting to cut. Constantly threatens the deep seam, as teams use a cornerback to cover him. Uses his big body to shield defenders over the middle and especially in the red zone.

After the catch: Runs like a large wide receiver but is as strong as an ox after the catch. Makes defenders miss with a quick stop move and is strong enough to push oncoming tacklers by. Also able to leap defenders going for his legs. Not in the Tony Gonzalez mold for fluidity but comes fairly close. Will lean forward to run through arm tackles, sometimes requiring three defenders to bring him down.

Blocking: Effective, if not dominating, blocker in-line and on the edge when lined in the slot or in motion. On run plays he will get wide and put hands into the numbers to anchor. Latches onto defensive backs on downfield blocks, and will take them 25-30 yards downfield in front of screens. Strong enough to pancake smaller ends crashing down the line. Could be more consistent using his hands and feet to sustain. Must learn to pick up corner blitzes.

Intangibles: Proving his ability to come back from injury would be a big boost to his character grade. Team player who blocks with the same vigor he shows after the catch. Arrest for failing to appear to settle a speeding ticket in April 2009 should not have a significant impact on his draft stock.

NFL Comparison: Marcedes Lewis, Jaguars

superfan
What up Superfan?

Hi Ras!

So who's on your wishlist? Are you on the Claussen bandwagon? Or maybe a CB?

I've been a KFAN addict for years, but I have now discovered that 1500 has switched formats to ESPN, kind of like it.

For you non Twin-Citians, the above refers to local sports talk radio.

Freak Out
04-22-2010, 08:42 PM
Back in.....just opened a Stone Smoked Porter. :)

Sparkey
Dez Bryant to Denver ?

channtheman
TT's gonna take Clausen.

Tony Oday
What up Superfan?

Hi Ras!

I've been a KFAN addict for years, but I have now discovered that 1500 has switched formats to ESPN, kind of like it.

PA is the shyt!

OS PA
Broncos get Bulaga here, Packers draft Dez Bryant?

Freak Out
WTH?

superfan
Hi fellas,

Yo SF! Sup??

Wow, Tarlam! Sup, baby? Still alive and European? How's air travel treating you these days?

Bossman641
You've gotta think Bulaga will be there. Denver has Clady. I honestly would not be surprised if TT passed on him though.

Brando19
Dez Bryant to Denver here...then in a couple picks...Tebow to Denver.

OS PA
04-22-2010, 08:43 PM
Or Broncos get Dez Bryant here.

Hello Brian Bulaga.

Freak Out
Dez Bryant to Denver ?

Got to be.

Rastak
What up Superfan?

Hi Ras!

I like Tebow, Clausen, McCoy.....LOL

Give me a guy with potential to be what you guys already have.......

Sparkey
Well Bulaga is there as is Hughes ?

Maxie the Taxi
04-22-2010, 08:44 PM

On my third Miller High Life and I'm an old man. :)

Rastak
Broncos take Demarious Thomas....

Analysis
Release: Adequate lateral quickness and good upper-body strength to defeat press coverage. Long-strider with good build-up speed to eat up the cushion. Doesn't possess a clear second gear to accelerate and separate.

Hands: Strong, generally secure hands. Too often allows the ball into his pads on shallow routes, though he does a good job of securing. Good jump-ball candidate due to his height and leaping ability. Times his jumps well and high-points the ball, showing good hand-eye coordination to make the reception while competing for position. Good to very good body control to contort in space for a receiver of his size. Will leap, catch the ball and continue twisting so that when he hits the ground he's in position to keep running downfield instead of back toward the quarterback. Like a lot of bigger receivers, only has marginal overall flexibility to reach the low pass despite his long arms.

Route running: A significant area of concern. Not asked to run many pro-style routes in this offense. Most often used on simple go, drag or quick screens designed to get him one-on-one against smaller corners. May not have the suddenness in changing directions to generate separation against NFL defensive backs. Has to do a better job of coming off the line hard to sell his route when his team runs the ball. Can tip off his opponents by his effort to get downfield off the snap.

After the catch: One of his better areas. While far from nifty in the open field, shows some vision to set up his blocks and cut back against the grain, a strong stiff-arm and legitimate speed when he's in stride. Good balance and body control to sneak down the sideline for a receiver of his size. Tough for any cornerback to bring down one-on-one.

Blocking: Not the physical dominator one might think considering his size. Certainly has the strength to control his defender, but is far too inconsistent in this area; mostly due to inconsistent effort.

Intangibles: Nicknamed "Bay-Bay," which is why the back of his uniform reads "B. Thomas." Mother and grandmother went to jail for cocaine trafficking, eventually lived with his uncle, a preacher, who put him on a good life path.

pittstang5
Anyone else scared about taking Bulaga....why die he fall

If hat is TT's pick.

pbmax

That clip of Graham beating Bulaga scares me -- stiff with poor knee bend.

Please tell me I am wrong.
I think Ferentz said he was coming off an injury in that game and was much better in the Bowl Game.

red
holy shit, baluga is there

IMO the #2 LT in the draft

pbmax
04-22-2010, 08:45 PM
So much for the Denver Tebow rumor.

Rastak

4th Sierra nevada pale.....

superfan
What up Superfan?

Hi Ras!

PA is the shyt!

Mostly agree, although I liked him more when he was a relative nobody. I'm a big Canterbury guy and like his calls at the track. He's a bit annoying as play by play guy.

I find myself bouncing back and forth between KFAN and 1500 depending on the time of day and who is on. Despite the homerism I still like PA.

wist43
Well, who's the pick guys???

Maxie the Taxi
Anyone else scared about taking Bulaga....why die he fall

If hat is TT's pick.

Shades of Tony Mandarich. :(

pbmax
04-22-2010, 08:46 PM
Trade down? Its almost a smorgasboard of players that have dropped that folks were rooting to drop.

Freak Out
Crazy.

Green Bud Packer
here we go

Brando19
Kyle Wilson here. Maybe Taylor Mays.

swede
Why would Denver jump us for that player?

Freak Out
OK guys......who is it? :lol:

Tarlam!
Bulaga or OLB....

imscott72
04-22-2010, 08:47 PM
TT's gonna take Clausen.

Don't say that shit..

Green Bud Packer
Baluga or trade down

Bossman641
Hughes, Bulaga, Kindle, Wilson, trade down?

Lot of options.

superfan

My three favorite beers - Guinness, Newcastle, High Life. Go figure.

imscott72
OK guys......who is it? :lol:

Better be Bulaga..

Rastak
Kyle Wilson here. Maybe Taylor Mays.

Wilson would work.

OS PA
Billy Belichick gets lucky and can draft Dez Bryant after trading down.

Packers pick Bulaga or trade down for someone who wants Clausen or Dez?

pbmax
Defense. Then up in Round 2 for Saffold.

Freak Out

Great choice.....have you had the Life and Limb?

Gunakor
Bulaga looks mighty good right here. Didn't think he'd still be around. Kyle Wilson is still on the board too, but I don't think we can pass up a top OT again considering he fell right into our lap.

Lurker64
Saffold?

Tony Oday
04-22-2010, 08:48 PM
Trade down!!! c'mon!

Freak Out
Man but the CB would be nice.

Maxie the Taxi

High Life is my everyday drinking beer. Guinness my out to dinner beer. You got good taste, Super. :)

Rastak
04-22-2010, 08:49 PM

Great choice.....have you had the Life and Limb?

I've risked it but never drank it.

imscott72
Trade down!!! c'mon!

I don't see the point in trading down when a solid OT is right there for us to take..

Freak Out
T minus three minutes.....

Rastak
Saffold?

Could be, safer than Campbell and Brown.

superfan
Why would Denver jump us for that player?

Good question. No way TT would have taken that guy. Wait, TT is nothing if not unpredictable. Eh...

Maxie the Taxi
04-22-2010, 08:50 PM
Claussen.

Gunakor
No trade, pick is in.

Tony Oday
Trade down!!! c'mon!

I don't see the point in trading down when a solid OT is right there for us to take..

hehe just trying to get you riled up! ;) I want Bulaga...but I see a trade down here if there is someone that wants too.

Freak Out
Claussen.

The high lifes were spiked!

Gunakor
04-22-2010, 08:51 PM
Awesome!

Tony Oday
Hell yeah!

channtheman
First white guy other than Bradford?

imscott72
YESSSSSSSSSSS

swede
Bulaga without a trade up!

Lurker64
Good pick.

Maxie the Taxi
04-22-2010, 08:52 PM
Claussen.

The high lifes were spiked!

But they were good!

superfan

High Life is my everyday drinking beer. Guinness my out to dinner beer. You got good taste, Super. :)

Hear you loud and clear. Also, Newcastle and Guiness are good winter beers, High Life is a good summer beer. Goes well with the taste of grass in the mouth after mowing two feet of lawn. :lol:

Bulaga! No complaints here.

red
wow

awesome

that couldn't have gone any better for us IMO

OS PA
Baby Bulaga in the green and gold,
he pass protects and he grates the road,
Rodgers behind, and Jennings goes long
and the big Bulaga on the line.

Rastak
Bulaga to packers...

Analysis
Pass blocking: Takes a strong angle on kick slide, keeps knees bent, head up, and arm extended to keep defenders at bay. Very difficult to get off his blocks if he's mirroring. Has a strong punch. Tends to lunge against inside moves, lacks great recovery speed and can be beaten by secondary rush. Slow to recoil once extended. Hesitates when defenders let up. Gets bull rushed into the pocket by strong ends because he allows their hands into his chest, but typically anchors before reaching the quarterback. Must improve his arm-bar to keep rusher out of the pocket. Inconsistent quickness after the first step in his kick slide makes him susceptible to giving up the edge to quicker pass rushers.

Run blocking: Good positional blocker, well-coached on how to get correct angles. Capable in zone scheme, has a strong combination of agility and strength. Turns his man out of the hole and seals the edge. Attacks defenders in short yardage situations, strong enough to lock on and sustain, even against large ends. Gets low to drive near the goal line.

Pulling/trapping: Isn't asked to pull or trap a lot in Iowa's zone system, but has the quick feet needed to work behind the line and burst through the hole. Usually hits a target on the move and sustains.

Initial Quickness: Brings a very strong punch and pop to his opponent when run blocking, especially for a left tackle. Adequate quickness to pass set from two-point stance.

Downfield: Excellent mobility to get to the second level and beyond. Keeps feet moving and hands strong after initial contact, sustains well against linebackers and safeties. Mirrors quicker players in space. Adjusts to players coming from any angle. Gives effort downfield to block on runs and pass plays.

Intangibles: Considered a very competitive, smart and hard-working leader up front. Fought to return from thyroid condition during 2009. Cleans up piles and defends teammates on the field.

pbmax
Please do not be Robert Gallery.

Maxie the Taxi
wow

awesome

The guy better produce.

MJZiggy
Interesting. We have the 23rd pick in 2005 and Rodgers falls to us. This year we have the 23rd pick, and another player falls.

imscott72
04-22-2010, 08:53 PM
wow

awesome

Yep. Another Hawkeye on board..

steve823
04-22-2010, 08:53 PM
Wow great pick.

I wonder if theres a chance we make a move and also get Hughes. It might be similar to what TT did last year to get 2 impact players.

STill I'm reallyyy happy we go Bulaga

Tony Oday
04-22-2010, 08:54 PM
BOOYA!!!!! "I love the cold" Bulaga! Time to get my son a new jersey :)

Tarlam!
04-22-2010, 08:55 PM
Interesting. We have the 23rd pick in 2005 and Rodgers falls to us. This year we have the 23rd pick, and another player falls.

Wasn't Rodgers 26th? I know I should never question you, but, my mind is working at 4am, darl'-

pittstang5
Wow great pick.

I wonder if theres a chance we make a move and also get Hughes. It might be similar to what TT did last year to get 2 impact players.

STill I'm reallyyy happy we go Bulaga

That would be too good to be true.

wist43
Well... why did he drop??? :?:

channtheman
04-22-2010, 08:56 PM

Wasn't Rodgers 26th? I know I should never question you, but, my mind is working at 4am, darl'-

24th I thought.

Tarlam!
BOOYA!!!!! "I love the cold" Bulaga! Time to get my son a new jersey :)

Isn't that a great brand of Caviar?

gbgary
not sexy but a huge need filled.

pbmax
Rogers was 24th.

pittstang5

Rodgers went 24th

Tony Oday

Because instead of investing too much money in scouts TT has been hiring private investigators to tail all the GMs and he said he will make the pictures public if they take him :)

swede
04-22-2010, 08:57 PM

TT didn't trade out of the first round in consideration of the biggest Aussie Packer fan in Europe.

pittstang5

Love the pick...but that's what worries me.

gbgary

new conference about to start. maybe they have some insight.

Rastak
04-22-2010, 08:58 PM

I think you are ruining the vibe....... :D

Seems like a good pick.

Hey, Pats trade out.

red
i bet bulaga starts at LG from day one and backs up both tackles, with an eventual move to LT

pbmax
Iowa lineman rep. Ferentz gets as much out of them as there is to get. Game tap vs. Graham, looked bad but coming off injury. Previous Iowa lineman have underperformed, sort of a Tedford QB vibe for another Rodgers parallel.

Rastak
Cowboys trade up for Mays or Bryant?

Brando19
04-22-2010, 08:59 PM
Uh oh...is Dez Bryant a Cowboy?

Tarlam!
24th I thought.

Boy, are you gonna get it! You made zero apologetic prelude to contradicting her. You're fucked!

Rastak
Cowboys take Dez Bryant

Analysis
Release: Inconsistent getting out of stance quickly, especially if not the first option on the play, but has enough strength and wiggle at the line to beat press coverage. Not likely to run past NFL corners, but can lull defenders to sleep at times and then use his size to gain separation. Lacks elite top-end speed or a breakaway gear, but finds a burst when needed.

Hands: Makes exceptional catches in traffic, extending his arms and snatching the ball from the air with his large hands. Adjusts to wide, high or low throws well. Superior vertical and hand strength to win the jump ball. Double-catches and allows the ball into his chest too often, which may be an issue playing with NFL quarterbacks with strong arms.

Route running: Capable of sinking his hips and running crisp crossing and out-routes. Head fake gains him some room down the seam, where he is a regular threat. Uses his hands and long arms to separate on comebacks as well as down the sideline. Gets lazy and rounds off out-routes when defenders give cushion. Gets a lot of opportunities to run after the catch on quick step-back throws. Works to come back for his quarterback at times, but needs to improve his consistency there.

After the catch: Better elusiveness, vision and balance than expected given his size. Has a burst after tucking away the ball and will lower his shoulder and carry defenders for a few yards. Uses his well-defined upper body to shield defenders on slants and stiff-arm to keep corners at bay. Not always as physical a player as you'd expect for his size. Hears footsteps over the middle and dances instead of running over smaller defenders in space. Good elusiveness and vision as a college punt returner, but lacks the quickness to avoid NFL special teams coverage units. Must secure the ball when running in space as he holds it out away from his frame.

Blocking: Can be dominant when the effort is there, using his strength to latch onto smaller defenders. Often out-quicked on the edge, missing blocks by not moving his feet. Needs to move his feet after initial contact to sustain. Inconsistent finding a block downfield if the back breaks into the open. Doesn't search out blocks when the play is run away from him.

Intangibles: No major character concerns, but questions abound about his consistency, maturity and work ethic. Suspension for lying to NCAA should not hurt his stock if he takes responsibility for his actions.

NFL Comparison: Roy Williams, Cowboys

imscott72

Bryant I bet..

Green Bud Packer
good pick agree w/ red starting lg

Tony Oday
Another WR to get in trouble in Dallas! booya

gbgary
dez bryant...from right here in desoto.

channtheman
04-22-2010, 09:00 PM
I'm happy for Bryant. Probably his dream to play for the Cowboys and now he gets to.

Fred's Slacks
Iowa lineman rep. Ferentz gets as much out of them as there is to get. Game tap vs. Graham, looked bad but coming off injury. Previous Iowa lineman have underperformed, sort of a Tedford QB vibe for another Rodgers parallel.

Also talk that he's not athletic enough and not long enough arms to be a LT. I disagree.

Rastak
Looks like Clausen might be there at 30.

Green Bud Packer
04-22-2010, 09:01 PM
Romo's smiling

Brando19
04-22-2010, 09:02 PM
Green Bay LOVES them some white offensive linemen!

swede
Let's trade up!

Tony Oday
USA! USA! USA!

Green Bud Packer
04-22-2010, 09:03 PM
T.T. will regroup and come out firing tommorrow

Maxie the Taxi

I agree. I hate to say it, but we may live to regret this pick. I'm thinking Ross Verba. Hope I'm wrong.

Tarlam!
TT didn't trade out of the first round in consideration of the biggest Aussie Packer fan in Europe.

You kill me, Swede! I bet at the Sheraton Frankfurt, they're open and watching the draft. They do every game each year. I'm too old to be driving home at 6 am!

superfan

Chilly loves the smokescreen (Harvin, 2009). I saw something about "Vikes will not take a QB in first round" creeping along the bottom of the screen earlier tonight. Similar situation this year?

steve823
04-22-2010, 09:04 PM
For the people who were wondering why Bulaga fell ..

Bulaga slipped due to concerns about his arm length, lack of difference-making upside, and possibly a thyroid condition that cost him three games last season.

Still we got a GREAT pick here

rbaloha1
Bulaga is a guard. Bye Bye Colledge.

Brando19
Broncos are back in the first round...Tebow???

mngolf19

I don't know how to feel about that?

Green Bud Packer
the guy played 3 positions at iowa he'll be fine

pbmax
04-22-2010, 09:05 PM
What has Belicheck done to convince people to trade with him? Packers did last year, now twice with players they weren't looking at likely going at the pick.

wist43

I think you are ruining the vibe....... :D

Seems like a good pick.

Yeah, reality begs to ask questions :wink:

Hope it's a good pick though :)

superfan
Tebow before Claussen?!?

OS PA
Timmy "The Tooth" Tebow!!!!

Tony Oday
Wow Tebow above Claussen?!

Green Bud Packer
04-22-2010, 09:06 PM

I don't know how to feel about that?

Brady Quinn ruined it
for this guy

gbgary
look at all the bronco hats in the tebow house. :shock:

Lurker64
Someone needs to take the drafting responsibilities away from Josh McDaniels. He's out of control.

channtheman
What has Belicheck done to convince people to trade with him? Packers did last year, now twice with players they weren't looking at likely going at the pick.

The two times we traded with Belichick I think we've gotten the better of him. He took Chad Johnson and we too Jennings. Last year we got Matthews, and they got who?

Tony Oday

lol they bought tons of different teams ;)

Gunakor
Bulaga is a guard. Bye Bye Colledge.

Bulaga is a tackle. But I agree, he'll probably be playing guard this season until Cliffy or Tausch get injured.

Rastak
04-22-2010, 09:07 PM
Tebow to the Broncos!

Analysis
Accuracy: A bit inconsistent on intermediate throws that require zip. Throws some beautiful passes in tight windows, but also has a tendency for "wobbly" throws, making his passes a tougher catch than pure spirals. Typically leads his receivers, but still too often forces them to alter their routes.

Arm Strength: Prototypical arm strength. Can make every NFL throw. Can zip short and intermediate passes and flashes touch and trajectory on deeper throws. Only occasionally asked to throw true deep balls in this offense, but has the arm strength to do so.

Setup/Release: Some real concerns in this area. Takes snaps in the shotgun, meaning he'll need significant refinement in his drop-back at the next level. Quick, active feet necessary to eventually excel in this area. Drops the ball to his hip before winding up to release the pass. Struggled with pass rushers knocking the ball out of his hands, as well as tipping off defensive backs who can read where he's going with the long wind-up.

Reading Defenses: Only asked to make a few reads in this offense before having the green light to run. Seems to be a cerebral player who understands defenses and will scan the field to locate the open receiver.

On the Move: At his best as a runner and has rare vision with the ball in his hands from the quarterback position. Can anticipate holes in the defense and shows the burst to get past the initial wave of defenders to gain yards in chunks.

Intangibles: Perfectly suited to Urban Meyer's system, but there are some questions as to how Tebow's skills translate to the NFL. Good size and strength for the position. Rare toughness. Natural and charismatic leader.

Green Bud Packer
John elway he's not

gbgary

lol they bought tons of different teams ;)

they must have. lol

red
denver trades up again for tebow?

hello LA jaguars

gbgary
04-22-2010, 09:08 PM
why is ted so pink?

pack4to84
http://www.packers.com/draft/2010/av/
TT speaking right now

Green Bud Packer
Claussen to the Queens please

Rastak
LOL....Denver pays a 2, 3 and a 4......he better be good.

mngolf19
Tebow said on ESPN today that he already knew who was going to pick him.

superfan
Wondering if Denver sees Clausen as Cutler 2.0 and chose to go with Tebow instead.

channtheman
04-22-2010, 09:09 PM
Arizona take Claussen?

Tony Oday
04-22-2010, 09:10 PM
Tebow gets a year or TWO behind Orton/Quinn...circa AR :)

Green Bud Packer
Wondering if Denver sees Clausen as Cutler 2.0 and chose to go with Tebow instead.

wouldn't doubt it

superfan

Wow, interesting. If true, makes sense considering Denver trading back...

Rastak

Not sure......Gruden liked Clausen but many think he's a jerk. He's tough and seems to be able to bring his team back while playing hurt.....not a big arm but accurate.

Bossman641
04-22-2010, 09:11 PM
Someone needs to take the drafting responsibilities away from Josh McDaniels. He's out of control.

How many times has he traded already? I still don't understand why they leapfrogged us to take the wr.

hoosier

He was doing pretty well for himself until the Tebow pick. I guess even a blind pig finds an acorn now and then.

swede

It cost Denver a 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th to pick him

red
04-22-2010, 09:12 PM
Arizona take Claussen?

good call

Lurker64
Okay, I have watched the draft closely for many years. But trading a 2, a 3, and a 4 in a historically deep draft to get Tim Tebow is one of the most idiotic draft moves I have ever seen.

superfan

Not sure......Gruden liked Clausen but many think he's a jerk. He's tough and seems to be able to bring his team back while playing hurt.....not a big arm but accurate.

i've heard comparisons between Clausen and Losman, but then again I haven't paid much attention this year...

channtheman
04-22-2010, 09:13 PM

He was doing pretty well for himself until the Tebow pick. I guess even a blind pig finds an acorn now and then.

Blind squirrel?

Rastak
Arizona take Claussen?

good call

Would make sense.

swede
Okay, I have watched the draft closely for many years. But trading a 2, a 3, and a 4 in a historically deep draft to get Tim Tebow is one of the most idiotic draft moves I have ever seen.
Apparently they promised him they were going to take him. the entire family had Bronco hats.

pbmax

Chilly loves the smokescreen (Harvin, 2009). I saw something about "Vikes will not take a QB in first round" creeping along the bottom of the screen earlier tonight. Similar situation this year?
But by draft week, everyone had smoked out Chilly's screen.

Ted talking. Liked him, got info from Ferentz (coaches that have worked with him) and feedback was good. He will be exclusively at tackle, not guard. Coaches will decide L versus R.

Not overly concerned about trouble with speed. Iowa zone experience not a factor. Very little debate over pick.

Like his attitude, finisher, in love with football. Good Packer experience with Iowa players, and other Iowa lineman, not just the heralded ones, have played well in the NFL.

superfan
04-22-2010, 09:14 PM

It cost Denver a 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th to pick him

That's insanity. Since when did Ditka take over the war room in Denver?

Tarlam!
LOL....Denver pays a 2, 3 and a 4......he better be good.

I think this guy will be great - if he gets the Aaron Rodgers treatment of sitting for 3 years. I understand TT not grabbing him, but, I think he's gonna be great.

Bossman641
Was never a big tebow fan in college cause I was so sick of seeing Florida win championships, but I wish him the best in the nfl.

Green Bud Packer
04-22-2010, 09:15 PM
charlie brown to zona?

Tony Oday
04-22-2010, 09:15 PM

Ted talking. Liked him, got info from Ferentz (coaches that have worked with him) and feedback was good. He will be exclusively at tackle, not guard. Coaches will decide L versus R.

Not overly concerned about trouble with speed. Iowa zone experience not a factor. Very little debate over pick.

Like his attitude, finisher, in love with football. Good Packer experience with Iowa players, and other Iowa lineman, not just the heralded ones, have played well in the NFL.

damn I am excited Bulaga!!!!

superfan
04-22-2010, 09:16 PM

Thanks, PBMax. I'm starting to get the warm fuzzy feeling about the pick now.

Rastak
04-22-2010, 09:17 PM
Cards take Dan Williams....

Analysis
Pass rush: Relies on good to very good power as a bull rusher to collapse the pocket. Uses a swim move effectively, but lacks the burst and lateral agility to be a consistent factor in the pass rush. Works hard, but has only phone booth quickness. Requires an open lane to close. Alert defender that gets his hands up in the passing lanes.

Run defense: Greatest asset to the defense due to his build, strength and ability to locate the football. Good burst off the snap to explode into the offensive lineman. Tough to move off the line of scrimmage, as he naturally sprawls his feet, keeps his pads low and has the upper-body strength to hold up even to double-teams. Strong hands and an effective swim move to disengage. Natural candidate to move to nose guard. Keeps his head up and finds the ball. Only phone booth quickness, but hustles laterally and even downfield in pursuit.

Explosion: Good initial burst off the snap. Good upper-body strength to shock his opponent and quickly separate. Needs a lane to gather momentum and provide a big hit, but can deliver a jarring blow when he gets one.

Strength: Arguably his best trait. Low center of gravity due to a thick, wide lower body which helps in the leverage battle up front. Good use of hands and good upper-body strength to stack and shed in the running game. Relies on his strength as a bull rusher to collapse the pocket from the interior. Slides off blocks to make the play at or near the line of scrimmage.

Tackling: Enough strength to slow and even pull down some runners with one arm as he remains engaged with the blocker. Brings his weight with him as a hitter, resulting in some big collisions. Provides enough pop that he doesn't have to wrap up to knock down most ballcarriers, but improved in doing so as a senior. Good vision to locate the ball and can redirect surprisingly well at his size. Hustles laterally and downfield to make the tackle from behind.

Intangibles: Re-dedicated himself after the hiring of Lane Kiffin. Was moved to the nose and his draft stock "skyrocketed" as a senior. Was characterized by Monte Kiffin as a "undrafted free agent" based on film before the 2009 season … Has struggled maintaining his weight in the past. Has been as heavy as 357 pounds and ballooned to over 340 during the off-season last year. Played at 320-325 this season … Majored in legal studies and has aspirations to be a lawyer after his football career is over.