PDA

View Full Version : THE draft thread (2013 version)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9

pbmax
04-27-2013, 12:44 PM
I will bet dollars to doughnuts that both those OL move to Guard and someone will try to unseat EDS at center. The first guy might get some backup time at Tackle.

Unless either Sherrod or Bulaga or not actually healthy.

Bretsky
We need to dig up some old draft threads.

that would be fun
You would fine I hated the Aaron Rodgers pick.....loved the AJ Hawk pick, wanted Michael Crabtree, was not excited about Derrick Justine Harrel Sherrod, and was luke warm at best on Nick Perry

woodbuck27
I'm guessing Starks is probably gone now.

Even as we post Starks is calling his MOM and informing her of an impending move>>>

Mom there's an upside...

I'll no longer be eating out at Applebee's.

Bretsky
04-27-2013, 12:45 PM
Per JSO - They traded away their fifth round, 146th overall pick and their sixth round, 173 overall pick.

probably a good deal for GB

Bretsky
If Lacy is an injury prone medical wreck this pick is even better

run pMc
Relax - America has 400 million FA's to choose from.

LOL true. Just getting a little punchy from too much coffee and TT drafting RB's. This has been a nutty draft, which I suppose is typical Thompson.

Now if he can do something about

OLB behind Perry (he'll probably just bring in 4 UDFA's)
WR since we lost two and JJones will be a FA
DT since Pickett is about 94 years old and Raji will be a FA
and maybe S since Burnett is the closest thing we have to that

Bretsky
04-27-2013, 12:46 PM
I will bet dollars to doughnuts that both those OL move to Guard and someone will try to unseat EDS at center. The first guy might get some backup time at Tackle.

The reason I liked Schwenke so much is his ability to excel at Center first and could play OG. I'm not a fan of EDS

Bretsky
04-27-2013, 12:47 PM
SAN FRANCISCO.....just picked Marcus Lattimore....................

RashanGary
I love this draft!!

Time to draft Rontez Miles and make my draft week :) :)

woodbuck27
The Damn 49ers do it again>>>

WR Quinton Patton is now a 49er>>That team is killing this draft.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2013/profiles/johnathan-franklin?id=2539326

Badgerinmaine
04-27-2013, 12:48 PM
Good place for him. They can afford to wait for him to rehab. I'm happy for him.

Bretsky
04-27-2013, 12:48 PM

For the most part San Fran is making this draft their bitch....all these picks....they are doing whatever they want..and they added a 3rd nxt yr

run pMc
04-27-2013, 12:49 PM

+1

I think Tretter will be the competition for EDS. It sounds like people expect Bakhtiari to move inside to guard (I do too) but I wouldn't be surprised if he's going to compete for a spot as backup swing tackle. I could see it as an insurance/depth pick.

Brandon494
What the hell? J.Franklin?
Does Thompson think Ross and Boykin are going to be the answer at WR? I get drafting OL, but draft a WR already!

We did pretty well without Jennings for most of last season and Aaron Rodgers was our 2nd leading rusher last season. TT knows what he is doing, a good running game takes the pressure off of Rodgers which is something he has yet to have in his career.

wist43
Franklin is okay player - doesn't improve us much, as we already had Harris.

I don't like Lacy much, but he's probably better than Cedric Benson, but not by much.

How do those 2 picks catch us up to the bullies?? They're roster churning replacements for bottom feeder guys that TT has on the conveyor belt out of town; and for bottom feeder replacement guys - Benson and Harris look a lot like Lacy and Franklin.

Even if they're okay players - it's a waste - b/c Benson and Harris produced good enough. Why spend a 2nd and a 4th+ on players who are about the same as the guys they're replacing - while at the same time, you have other areas of the roster that are a complete joke??

Bretsky
04-27-2013, 12:50 PM
I love this draft!!

u r drunk on the homer juice today :)

Give me your pimp job on Rontex Miles.............what does he offer ?

Going into the draft I'd have said our defense kind of sucks. I still think it does. We need help there

wist43
04-27-2013, 12:51 PM
Absolutely love the 49er's draft

Just took Marcus Lattimore - wow are they doing an awesome job!!

RashanGary
04-27-2013, 12:51 PM
Sherry is in trouble. Will be curious to see if that fucker is in good shape.

woodbuck27
04-27-2013, 12:52 PM
The Damn 49ers do it again>>>

WR Quinton Patton is now a 49er>>That team is killing this draft.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2013/profiles/johnathan-franklin?id=2539326

Then the buggers come back with this pick three picks after Patton:

49ers (Compensatory Selection)

RB Marcus Lattimore, ... 5'11" 221.... South Carolina GRADE 74.9

Their Locker room certainly won't stink.

Bretsky
04-27-2013, 12:53 PM
Franklin is okay player - doesn't improve us much, as we already had Harris.

I don't like Lacy much, but he's probably better than Cedric Benson, but not by much.

How do those 2 picks catch us up to the bullies?? They're roster churning replacements for bottom feeder guys that TT has on the conveyor belt out of town; and for bottom feeder replacement guys - Benson and Harris look a lot like Lacy and Franklin.

Even if they're okay players - it's a waste - b/c Benson and Harris produced good enough. Why spend a 2nd and a 4th+ on players who are about the same as the guys they're replacing - while at the same time, you have other areas of the roster that are a complete joke??

TT clearly thinks they don't need to stack players in D at the top of the draft to get stronger up front; many of us I think thought that was a given after watching our defense the past couple years.

RashanGary
04-27-2013, 12:53 PM
u r drunk on the homer juice today :)

Give me your pimp job on Rontex Miles.............what does he offer ?

Going into the draft I'd have said our defense kind of sucks. I still think it does. We need help there

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nrqfAgHo82o

I like that he makes plays from the deep middle. He comes down, fills, and makes big plays without having to be moved around or taking bad risks. His big plays were just big plays from the traditional spot. Some of the other guys made a lot of plays where they were allowed to do whatever they wanted. This guy made them naturally. REminds me of Collins.

wist43
04-27-2013, 12:54 PM
I love this draft!!

Wow, just wow... what are you lookin at??

Lacy is Benson, Franklin is Harris, and the man-boobed guys are just more man-boob guys in the Caleb Schlauderaff mold - WTF??

The islamic guy might be okay - but the rest of the guys are roster churning picks.

Bretsky
04-27-2013, 12:54 PM

And they just got Patton too; scary outstanding draft for San Fran and when they fleeced the Titans they picked up a 3rd next yr too

Bretsky
04-27-2013, 12:56 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nrqfAgHo82o

I like that he makes plays from the deep middle. He comes down, fills, and makes big plays without having to be moved around or taking bad risks. His big plays were just big plays from the traditional spot. Some of the other guys made a lot of plays where they were allowed to do whatever they wanted. This guy made them naturally. REminds me of Collins.

He looks good.............TT owes it to you.....for sprinking the kool aide so hard when we had DL help there that IMO could have provided immediate help to a weak unit..........so well

I'm on board....go get this guy for JH

woodbuck27
04-27-2013, 12:56 PM

The 49ers are so solid to win the Super Bowl next season it's simply sick.

They just have to get it done.

Biggest question mark in my mind >>>QB >>>> after their temperamental HC.

Their HC>>> contributes to bad kharma as I view him.

woodbuck27
04-27-2013, 12:59 PM
Wow, just wow... what are you lookin at??

Lacy is Benson, Franklin is Harris, and the man-boobed guys are just more man-boob guys in the Caleb Schlauderaff mold - WTF??

The islamic guy might be okay - but the rest of the guys are roster churning picks.

The Islamic guy David Bakhtiari ??? Ohh Nooo OK >>> WTF >>>

He'll carry: the dy no mite !!

woodbuck27
04-27-2013, 01:02 PM
The Islamic guy will carry:

the dy no mite !!

http://images.nationalgeographic.com/wpf/media-live/photos/000/667/cache/boston-bombing-muslim-hate-crimes_66787_600x450.jpg

They look so peaceful.

Always>>> Check under their coats...

rbaloha1
04-27-2013, 01:04 PM
Smart o-linemen drafted as opposed to Barbre

pbmax
04-27-2013, 01:05 PM
OK Bahktari sounds like he is going to play Tackle first and then possibly Guard if Campen can be believed. Tretter has spent all offseason working as Guard and Center.

rbaloha1
04-27-2013, 01:05 PM
The 49ers are so solid to win the Super Bowl next season it's simply sick.

They just have to get it done.

Biggest question mark in my mind >>>QB >>>> after their temperamental HC.

Their HC>>> contributes to bad kharma as I view him.

Yup. The Packers is ball control running the clock.

woodbuck27
04-27-2013, 01:06 PM
What the hell? J.Franklin?
Does Thompson think Ross and Boykin are going to be the answer at WR? I get drafting OL, but draft a WR already!

TT has a thing in for the 49ers HC Jim Harbaugh.

OK Jim (Harbaugh)... it's your turn to win a Super Bowl... I'll back down Ted Thompson

Brandon494
04-27-2013, 01:07 PM
I could see us taking DeVonte Christopher WR 6'1" 200 from Utah if we do go with WR with our next pick.

rbaloha1
jesse williams to seattle

Bretsky
GREAT PICK IMO BY SEATTLE
you took my guy

rbaloha1
04-27-2013, 01:13 PM
Toilolo just got picked.

Another guy i liked

HarveyWallbangers
04-27-2013, 01:13 PM
Tretter is projected to play OC, so I feel better about that. NFL Network had him listed at OT. I'll trust Thompson got the right OC, for now.

Bretsky
04-27-2013, 01:15 PM
Tretter is projected to play OC, so I feel better about that. NFL Network had him listed at OT. I'll trust Thompson got the right OC, for now.

If he is our center then I too am on board with the pick
I'm still not overly thrilled with the OT but maybe Sherrod isn't turning out

Had we known we could get Franklyn in round four....I wonder if we'd have thought twice about Lacy

pbmax
04-27-2013, 01:16 PM

At 6' 4", 307, he is a pretty good sized Center. In his interview with media he said he worked at Guard and Center since the end of the season.

esoxx
04-27-2013, 01:16 PM
Bahktari seems like a Don Barclay type with better feet. I could see him at RT or G, but LT seems a long shot with his frame. That's not who you want protecting "The Franchise" on the blind side.
Of course, you probably don't want the Marshmellow protecting that blind side either and that's the rub. I see the two OL picks as versatile/interchangable parts on the interior with an eye towards the future, as they're not going to pay Sitton or Lang when their deals are up.

rbaloha1
04-27-2013, 01:17 PM
If he is our center then I too am on board with the pick
I'm still not overly thrilled with the OT but maybe Sherrod isn't turning out

Had we known we could get Franklyn in round four....I wonder if we'd have thought twice about Lacy

Completely different type of running back.

Thunder and Lightning

Bretsky
04-27-2013, 01:18 PM
Bahktari seems like a Don Barclay type with better feet. I could see him at RT or G, but LT seems a long shot with his frame. That's not who you want protecting "The Franchise" on the blind side.
Of course, you probably don't want the Marshmellow protecting that blind side either and that's the rub. I see the two OL picks as versatile/interchangable parts on the interior with an eye towards the future, as they're not going to pay Sitton or Lang when their deals are up.

Insurance draft picks on the OL; you just pissed on my fire........lol..........especially when there was a S and DL guy I really liked to contribute immediately

woodbuck27
04-27-2013, 01:18 PM
OK this is madness:

TT just traded his Rd. 5 Pick #146 to the next AFC Super Bowl contender the Denver Broncos!!

He traded down for what? A Towel Boy?

Bretsky
04-27-2013, 01:20 PM
TT traded down again ? interesting....hopefully he got a five and another six

woodbuck27
04-27-2013, 01:20 PM
OK this is madness:

TT just traded his Rd. 5 Pick #146 to the next AFC Super Bowl contender the Denver Broncos!!

He traded down for what? A Towel Boy?

Do they have too much Bud (not Light) in the Packers War Room?

Get them some fricken' coffee.

woodbuck27
04-27-2013, 01:21 PM
TT traded down again ? interesting....hopefully he got a five and another six

He's losing it B.

woodbuck27
04-27-2013, 01:22 PM
jesse williams to seattle

Why not? Someone has to compete with the 49ers.

rbaloha1
04-27-2013, 01:27 PM
Why not? Someone has to compete with the 49ers.

boy if this works out for seattle and the packers d-line gets waxed again watch out.

woodbuck27
04-27-2013, 01:29 PM
Ohh Great.

TT is lining up to go either RB or OL again:

Maybe?

OC David Quessenberry, San Jose State

denverYooper
04-27-2013, 01:30 PM
This makes sense. My guess is, based upon his methodical approach, is that he will trade up if they really like a player and trade down if there isn't one that stands out.

To add to that, my understanding is that the GB staff uses a tier system where they have pools of players ranked in a certain tier. That and they spend a lot of time before the draft working out possible scenarios so that they have an idea of what they would like to do. If they are on the clock, they have several players with similar grade, and they know that they are very likely to get one of those players even if they move down X number of spots they'll pull the trigger. Old-style value charts be damned.

woodbuck27
04-27-2013, 01:36 PM
boy if this works out for seattle and the packers d-line gets waxed again watch out.

TT has gone DE >>> RB >>> OT >>> OT and RB.

We had primary need at SS and then 34 OLB >>>SILB. No response from TT for those needs and we're in 1/3 of Round Five.

KYPack
04-27-2013, 01:38 PM
According to NFL channel, GB is shopping Starks.

Wist, Woody, & RB.

Quit crying like babies.

Let's wait until somebody pulls on a jock before you condemn the GBP draft staff.

I'd like to see more D, but there is nobody posting that knows more than the pro's do.

Certainly none of you boys, that's fer sure.

The Browns have drafted two guys, the Jet's are fucked up, the Pack is in fine hands.

woodbuck27
04-27-2013, 01:39 PM
Ohh Lord.

The SAINTS picked >>>and this is hilarious>>>

Kenny Stills. He looks awesome with his tatoo's in a dress.

The thing is he's a decent WR too. I don't think Green Bay has a proper jewelry store for his needs....dress code.

Is DRAG >>> big in Green Bay?

woodbuck27
04-27-2013, 01:43 PM

Wist, Woody, & RB.

Quit crying like babies.

Let's wait until somebody pulls on a jock before you condemn the GBP draft staff.

I'd like to see more D, but there is nobody posting that knows more than the pro's do.

The Browns have drafted two guys, the Jet's are fucked up, the Pack is in fine hands.

The problem is ... KY.

TT >>> isn't >>> drafting.

He's 'mostly' trading.

Come on man. He's certainly looking like he wants to be elsewhere than in the War Room today.

woodbuck27
04-27-2013, 01:52 PM
SS

Tony Jefferson, (FS) but decent size at 5'11" 213 Oklahoma

Motta, Zeke Motta SS ... 6'2" 213 ... Notre Dame

Bacari Rambo, SS, Georgia

SILB >>> A.J. Klein, Iowa State

rbaloha1

Wist, Woody, & RB.

Quit crying like babies.

No one is crying. Fans just like everyone else.

Please also scold your other sons as well.:???:

Carolina_Packer

Wist, Woody, & RB.

Quit crying like babies.

Thank you voice of reason! It's useless to get so upset. If you can't do anything about it, don't get upset.

wist43
04-27-2013, 01:53 PM
The players you excluded have a higher chance if becoming solid starters than your final hit rate. By excluding them you artificially lowered the hit rate.

Nobody wants him to include rounds 1-3. What he did was include players in rounds 4-7 that were cut while excluding players still on the team from the same draft and also in rounds 4-7.

If you are correct about the intent of wist's post, then he would need to analyze the success rate of round three to show a comparison. There are several other problems. For example, the concept of dividing the analysis into rounds is fundamentally flawed. A pick at the end of round three is closer to a pick in round four than it is to a pick at the beginning of round three. You could try to analyze the difference in the success rate between number of picks the packers traded down. Then you could look at the success rate of the picks they gained.

In any event, it is probably not worth figuring out b/c there are simply too many variables to make a reasonable analysis.

Ok wist, you asked for a statistics expert, so I am wasting 5 mnutes.

They are all right and you are wrong in this case. You have selectively eliminated data that may not support your hypothesis. This is very similar to a global warming alarmist. I may be remembering incorrectly, but JH said the hit rate was something like 22% if you eliminate the entire drafts, so if you had 4 question marks the correct way of doing it would be to use the previous years rates, then apply a 22% X 4 unknowns for one 88% confidence "hit".

If you include the "known" misses you should also include .88 "hit" for your unknowns....or eliminate ALL of those draft picks.

By eliminating the most likely to succeed (only ones who still might) while counting the 100% flops you skew your stats and mislead.

You might be closer to accurate then the others, but you are still way off by effectively eliminating nearly one full "hit" while allowing in numerous "misses".

Ok, see you all in another year or so.

Edit: You also have not shown the success percentage of picks 1-3 which may be of a low enough rate to make TT's trades smart. If he effectively gave up 20 spots, you have to show the likely success rate of that to truly understand the effectiveness of what he did. This is why I hate statistics, because so much of it is subject to the input. We have as many as 3 names that people dispute with you who should be on the list. Many would argue that Matt Flynn should be on the list. And so on and so on.

I think wist is saying that by leaving the 3rd round, GB lowered the chance of netting a quality starter substanually. Why would he include rounds 1-3, if he is trying to show how many players from rounds 4-7 turned into quality players. He could show how much better TT is at finding quality starters in round 1-3, though. I think wist isn't being generous enough to some of the players in those rounds though. I count 13 that made to me some sort of quality contribution to the team......

I have him at about 29% in rounds 4-7 and about 75% in rounds 1-3, so I understand his point of taking a player in the 3rd round and not aquiring picks.....alas my standards are lower. I give credit to say Colledge, as he made alot of contribution. Wist would say the dude sucked and was a wasted 2nd round pick....

UUUUUUUUUUUUURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!! !

I swear to GOD, you guys need to go back to school!!!!!!!!!

-------------------------------------------------------

The hit rate is not - it is not 22% if the criteria I set for my analysis is to acquire a solid starter - which is 3 players (Sitton, Lang, and Bishop) - which is 6.67%.

If the criteria you want to set is that the guy made the roster and had a cup of coffee in the league - then be my guest and make your own hit/miss list based on coffee consumption.

I don't even include Starks b/c he's contributed in a handful of games - but is the poster child for "fart in the wind SB win". My criteria was that they be at least a full-time starter, and solid contributor - in the starting lineup.

That's what we need guys!!! We need, at a minimum, solid starters to be coming out of these rounds - we're not getting them. We have gotten 3 quality starter out of 48 picks. That's the current tally.

My point in putting that list together is we are not likely to find the caliber of players necessary to keep pace with the bullies on the block in the lower rounds. IT'S JUST A STATISTICAL FACT!!!!

By saying we need starters, not only starters but at least red-chip starters... by that criteria, TT is batting 1 for 48 (Sitton).

1 for 48. That is a hit rate of 2.08%

--------------------------------------------------------

Note: I shouldn't have included Crosby in the numbers. Just as in FF, who gives a shit about a kicker.

Taking Crosby out of the data set altogether drops the number from 45 to 44 (I'm still going to take House, McMillian, and Daniels off of the 47, b/c they are complete unknowns).

So, taking Crosby off gives you 1 out 44 red-chip hits (Sitton) = 2.27%

And 3 out of 44 - starters (Sitton, Lang, Bishop) = 6.82%

The rest do not fit my definition of a solid starter - which we need much more often out of these rounds if we are going to live by the draft alone.

wist43
04-27-2013, 01:55 PM
Thank you voice of reason! It's useless to get so upset. If you can't do anything about it, don't get upset.

I'm taking my kids to the park - the temp is almost to 60!!!

Saw a bud (not the 4-20 kind) on a shrub today :)

woodbuck27
04-27-2013, 01:57 PM

Noone is upset>>>Maybe just a tad surprized.

This is a draft not a give away at a Rummage sale>>> a benevolent Society Venture?

No TT It's the College DRAFT. It's a draft man. A place/time for now and this season and our teams future.

A time to draw closer to your competition >>> embrace it (them) with gifts.

NO ! TT !!

TT !!! NO !!!

Draft Man>>>don't water down the watered down wine.

There is 'the Voice of Reason' and certain common sense.

TT is having a miserable draft to this point in time and there's not enough quality air down there to even get a decent breath.

He's traded himself down into DRAFT HELL.

wist43
04-27-2013, 01:58 PM
OK Bahktari sounds like he is going to play Tackle first and then possibly Guard if Campen can be believed. Tretter has spent all offseason working as Guard and Center.

It's usually what they do... try 'em at T until they fail there. Coach 'em up for a year at G - then cut 'em for Ted's next 6th round draft choice.

Rinse. Repeat.

Gunakor
I'd love to see Kevin Reddick @159

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2013/profiles/kevin-reddick?id=2539271

Carolina_Packer

Saw a bud (not the 4-20 kind) on a shrub today :)

Have fun!

wist43
04-27-2013, 01:59 PM
Noone is upset>>>Maybe just a tad surprized.

This is a draft not a give away at a Rummage sale>>> a benevolent Society Venture?

No TT it's a draft man>> a place to draw closer to your competition NOT embrace it with gifts.

lol... too funny wood

KYPack
04-27-2013, 01:59 PM
The problem is ... KY.

He's 'mostly' trading.

Come on man. He's certainly looking like he wants to be elsewhere than in the War Room today.

I dunno.

Before the draft everybody said this crop was thin on top, but had a lot of depth.

Thompson's draft strategy maps to that kind of talent distribution, but people keep chirping like baby robins when he executes the shit.

Yeah, I'd like to see some help on D, but if it wasn't there, whaddya gonna do?

wist43
04-27-2013, 02:00 PM
I'd love to see Kevin Reddick @159

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2013/profiles/kevin-reddick?id=2539271

Ted is gonna trade back - need more 7th rounders.

run pMc
04-27-2013, 02:00 PM
The problem is ... KY.

He's 'mostly' trading.

LOL it sure seems that way.
Actually, as I start to look at the picks, it's becoming clearer this draft is about becoming more physical and increasing the competition throughout the roster. Tretter will compete with EDS, who only signed the 1 year tender and isn't a sure thing. Bakhtiari will push the tackles and probably guards. (Quick trivia: who is was the backup at LG or RG last year?) At running back, Benson and Grant sure aren't coming back, and Starks/Green have been put on notice. Jones will push Neal and Wilson for time.

Viewed from that context, what TT is doing isn't terrible. I'd like still to see him upgrade the competition at other spots and improve the depth, but that's probably why he keeps trading for more picks.

I just hope there are players worth taking by then...would you say that's the concern, woodbuck?

rbaloha1
04-27-2013, 02:02 PM
I dunno.

Before the draft everybody said this crop was thin on top, but had a lot of depth.

Thompson's draft strategy maps to that kind of talent distyribution, but people keep chirping like baby robins when he executes the shit.

When the d-line is getting dominated fans are going to ask why certain players were not selected.

gbgary
04-27-2013, 02:05 PM
Pack are up...

wist43
04-27-2013, 02:06 PM
I dunno.

Thompson's draft strategy maps to that kind of talent distyribution, but people keep chirping like baby robins when he executes the shit.

There were a ton of good defensive players that TT spit on for the purpose of acquiring more 6th and 7th round picks.

No excuse for what TT has done these 3 days... I'm beginning to think that McKenzie, Dorsey, and Schneider were the voices of reason in TT's ear, and with those guys gone, TT is running up and down the halls with a bubble blaster.

Even if these guys make the roster, and eventually progress to having a role on the team - that's 2-3 years down the line... while this year, all TT is doing is pushing his previous crop of ne'er-do-wells off the roster.

So while TT is drafting guys today, in hopes that they will contribute in 3 years; SF, Minn, Sea, et al are reloading their guns and leaving us for dead.

Bretsky
on the clock; AJ Kline off the board shortly after we traded our last pick

It would be kind of funny if we went QB here......

wist43
Pack are up...

$100 says TT trades back, for 7th this year, and 6th next year :)

run pMc
04-27-2013, 02:07 PM
$100 says TT trades back, for 7th this year, and 6th next year :)
tempting bet. I think he goes DL.

woodbuck27
04-27-2013, 02:07 PM

Saw a bud (not the 4-20 kind) on a shrub today :) Wist43>>Enjoy the rest of your day at the park with your kids.

It's nothing but madness here with TT now....unless he's got something really big inside of him.

woodbuck27
04-27-2013, 02:10 PM
Cornelius Washington or Ryan Swope or Jordan Poyer>>are decent but he went with :

FS Micah Hyde, Iowa 6'-0" 197 lbs

Bretsky
04-27-2013, 02:10 PM
I dunno.

Thompson's draft strategy maps to that kind of talent distribution, but people keep chirping like baby robins when he executes the shit.

It was there; we just chose to go elsewhere

red
04-27-2013, 02:14 PM
does anyone have any kind of clue as to what the fuck we're trying to do as a team?

i just got home. saw we drafted two interior o-lineman neither of who was named barrett jones (who was available)

we take another fucking running back

and now i read that we're trying to trade bishop. who the fuck is suppose to replace him?

time to drink

woodbuck27
04-27-2013, 02:16 PM
Cornelius Washington or Ryan Swope or Jordan Poyer>>are decent but he went with :

FS Micah Hyde, Iowa 6'-0" 197 lbs

No too >>> Zeke Motta SS 6'2" 213 lbs From Notre Dame

No too >>> Tony Jefferson FS 5' - 11 " 213 lbs From Oklahoma

Bretsky
04-27-2013, 02:16 PM
Hyde is your classic tweener. He has the ability to cover but does not have the speed to really be an elite cornerback and it shows up on tape. His 2011 tape is much better than his 2012 in my opinion and I believe that has more to do with how Iowa used him during his senior year. He uses his hands well and loves to jam. He can play off in zone or at the LOS in press. His height and length allow for him to make plays on the ball but I would not claim he is a ballhawk in anyway. Hyde wraps up on tackle frequently but he is also a Sheldon Brown-esque hitter at the cornerback position. He is in on a majority of plays, both long range and in the box.

While he does use contact to his advantage, Hyde will have to adjust his form in the NFL. Too many times during games, he relied on sneaky holds that got by on college referees but will likely be called at the next level (just ask DRC). Hyde is big for a cornerback but tends to rely too much on his ability to hit and ignores using patience to wrap up opposing wide receivers. He does tend to get abused by speedy wide receivers in coverage and is likely a slot cornerback at the next level. I do believe he will be very good at covering tight ends. I do worry about his ability to make mental errors, but as I have stated before it is hard to know what coverage responsibilities he had.

Overall, I think Hyde would be a solid addition as a dime or nickel cornerback. Much like Purdue's Josh Johnson, he has a great background in special teams and is the type of hitter Eagles fans crave. He could carve out a role as a backup free safety if he adds a bit more weight (probably around 10 pounds, which will be easy). His tweener status may hurt him in the draft.

rbaloha1
04-27-2013, 02:17 PM
Corner from iowa taken by the pack.

Looks like a safety to me. Mayock says reminds of Grover. Mayock likes ball skills.

Teamcheez1
04-27-2013, 02:17 PM
There were a ton of good defensive players that TT spit on for the purpose of acquiring more 6th and 7th round picks.

No excuse for what TT has done these 3 days... I'm beginning to think that McKenzie, Dorsey, and Schneider were the voices of reason in TT's ear, and with those guys gone, TT is running up and down the halls with a bubble blaster.

Even if these guys make the roster, and eventually progress to having a role on the team - that's 2-3 years down the line... while this year, all TT is doing is pushing his previous crop of ne'er-do-wells off the roster.

So while TT is drafting guys today, in hopes that they will contribute in 3 years; SF, Minn, Sea, et al are reloading their guns and leaving us for dead.

I'm sure glad you know exactly how all of these players are going to turn out. It saves me a lot of time.

rbaloha1
04-27-2013, 02:18 PM
http://www.nfl.com/draft/2013/profiles/micah-hyde?id=2539240

Listed as a free safety -- bye bye md jennings

woodbuck27
04-27-2013, 02:19 PM
does anyone have any kind of clue as to what the fuck we're trying to do as a team?

i just got home. saw we drafted two interior o-lineman neither of who was named barrett jones (who was available)

and now i read that we're trying to trade bishop. who the fuck is suppose to replace him?

time to drink

red sorry man.

It's a freakin' mess.

Ted needs a loooooong vacation.

If anyone on this board is ever going to claim that TT always goes BPA.I'll flat out inform that poster that he's/she's full of it.

This draft definitely disproves that long term BS.

I can hear it now.TT's board. TT's grading.

Sure.

Bretsky
04-27-2013, 02:19 PM
another pass rushing olb off the board to Washington in Jenkins for FSU

Bretsky
04-27-2013, 02:20 PM

time to drink

DITTO

Bretsky
04-27-2013, 02:22 PM
RYAN SWOPE---Texas A&M WR.......I am game

I fear a QB is coming

rbaloha1
04-27-2013, 02:23 PM
Hyde is an aggressive run defender.

Maybe can spy on a qb or chase the pitchman.

woodbuck27
04-27-2013, 02:24 PM
I'm sure glad you know exactly how all of these players are going to turn out. It saves me a lot of time.

It's a free service too. :five:

rbaloha1
04-27-2013, 02:24 PM
DITTO

yes -- tough guys that can play.

Bretsky
04-27-2013, 02:25 PM
Gun...nice to see ya in here............I would love Kevin Reddick here as well

KYPack
No one is crying. Fans just like everyone else.

Please also scold your other sons as well.:???:

Sons?

There'll be some serious DNA work done before I cop to that shit!

wist43
This draft is really gonna set us back...

It's becoming pretty obvious that Schneider, Dorsey, and McKenzie were the brains behind TT's previous drafts - this is TT's first draft without the training wells there to support him, and he's fallen flat on his face.

Just a disaster of a draft.

rbaloha1
DITTO

its time for a scolding from dad LOL:-)

rbaloha1
04-27-2013, 02:26 PM
Sons?

There'll be some serious DNA work done before I cop to that shit!

KY you have been around for awhile.

Bretsky
2 Punters off the board....

Gunakor
RYAN SWOPE---Texas A&M WR.......I am game

I fear a QB is coming

I still like Reddick, ILB from North Carolina. Especially if the rumors are true that Ted is shopping Bishop.

Brandon494
04-27-2013, 02:27 PM

time to drink

I'm guessing we are trying to protect our $110 million dollar man by taking pressure off him with a solid running game and an improved O-line. I do hope the rumors about Bishop on block are not true because he was dearly missed last season I thought.

Gunakor
04-27-2013, 02:27 PM
Gun...nice to see ya in here............I would love Kevin Reddick here as well

Thanks, good to see you too

rbaloha1
04-27-2013, 02:28 PM
This draft is really gonna set us back...

It's becoming pretty obvious that Schneider, Dorsey, and McKenzie were the brains behind TT's previous drafts - this is TT's first draft without the training wells there to support him, and he's fallen flat on his face.

Just a disaster of a draft.

Disagree

1. Addressed the running game with backs and o-linemen

2. Got 2 defenders that should help against read option plays, etc.

3. Upgraded overall team toughness mindset.

Bretsky
While I was not buying into TT doing this, I was game for the 569 concept in which we loaded up on defense again this year. It just hasn't happened so TT must feel better about this defense than I do.

woodbuck27
DE/OLB C. Washington or WR Ryan SWOPE ....or

Chase Thomas... OLB ... 6'3" 244 Fr. Stanford

Michael Mauti ... ILB .... 6'2" 243 Fr. Penn St.

Gunakor
04-27-2013, 02:29 PM
Mauti is too injury prone. Don't want him at all.

wist43
04-27-2013, 02:30 PM
I still like Reddick, ILB from North Carolina. Especially if the rumors are true that Ted is shopping Bishop.

Seriously, how is Hawk still on the team??

Trade Bishop, run Raji out of town on a rail... I guess Capers has convinced TT we don't need a front 6 let alone 7 guys.

Seven guys at the LOS before the snap?? My Goodness, what you do with all those guys??

rbaloha1
I'm guessing we are trying to protect our $110 million dollar man by taking pressure off him with a solid running game and an improved O-line. I do hope the rumors about Bishop on block are not true because he was dearly missed last season I thought.

Certainly would have helped against dive plays.

Bretsky
Kevin Reddick TT...............get er done

wist43
04-27-2013, 02:31 PM
Disagree

Did max spike your kool-aid??

wist43
04-27-2013, 02:32 PM
Kevin Reddick TT...............get er done

You're as hopelessly optimistic as I am terminally pessimistic.

rbaloha1
While I was not buying into TT doing this, I was game for the 569 concept in which we loaded up on defense again this year. It just hasn't happened so TT must feel better about this defense than I do.

the o-line is also an issue. tt's board showed better prospects on the o-line and rb at the time of selection.

Bretsky
Jordan Poyer...CB
Cornelius Washington DL

also still there

Hope it is NOT Tyler Bray

rbaloha1
04-27-2013, 02:33 PM
Did max spike your kool-aid??

just wait

wist43
04-27-2013, 02:33 PM
TT's pick??

Ray Manzerek, musician, The Doors

rbaloha1
04-27-2013, 02:34 PM
josh boyd dt is the pick

gbpackfan
04-27-2013, 02:34 PM
There is your DT

rbaloha1
04-27-2013, 02:35 PM
http://www.nfl.com/draft/2013/profiles/josh-boyd?id=2539263

denverYooper
04-27-2013, 02:35 PM
The experts love Franklin. One expert said he was #2 RB on his board behind Lacy. Another said he was the reincarnacion of Warrick Dunn. Thunder and Lightning with Lacy/Franklin. RB position has been completely overhauled. Starks is done. Harris as the lone holdover (possibly Green, if he stays healthy). I like the pick.

Exactly what I was thinking, Harv.

rbaloha1
04-27-2013, 02:36 PM
One gapper that needs to add bulk.

woodbuck27
04-27-2013, 02:37 PM
Disagree

1. Addressed the running game with backs and o-linemen rbaloha1

Yes and to 2. and 3. that remains to be seen.

TT has totally ignore our needs at ILB and again at **SS OLB.

** Nick Perry meeehh! His attitude sucks. Has he ever been happy in Green Bay? He has one more season to prove that he is.

He has to turn that around>>> be a Green Bay Packer. Get focused.

Finally TT goes to DT! Thank Goodness.

He took DT Josh Boyd Fr. Mississippi ....6' - 3" 310 lbs at Pick #167 in the Fifth round.

I looked at this fella and he's not a bad prospect.

Bretsky
04-27-2013, 02:38 PM
he looks like a body and a need pick to me; not a lot to get excited about but he's a body to compete. There are still some nice pass rushers out there IMO

Brandon494
04-27-2013, 02:39 PM
Strengths
Has ever-churning legs that continually keeps his feet moving while engaged to press the pocket and when chasing ballcarriers down the line. Flashes a burst off the line, keeps pad level low. Maintains leverage, holds up at the point. Displays a nice swim move to beat blockers. Flashes the quickness to attack gaps on zone runs and spin off blocks to get into plays when singled up.

Weaknesses
His average size can be an issue when facing stronger, longer interior offensive linemen (not to mention strong doubles) who can land their punches to send him backwards. Does move to his sides very well, lacks agility. Doesn't display the speed to pursue. Scouts aren't sure if Boyd can be a true three-technique, either, meaning he'll be limited to a one-gap nose tackle role.

rbaloha1
04-27-2013, 02:39 PM
he looks like a body and a need pick to me; not a lot to get excited about but he's a body to compete. There are still some nice pass rushers out there IMO

not bpa?

woodbuck27
04-27-2013, 02:40 PM
TT's pick??

Ray Manzerek, musician, The Doors

Good Lord>>>Is he alive still?

Bretsky
04-27-2013, 02:41 PM
IMO there are better players out there. I think BPA is a cliche all GM's use.....and implement it sometimes

If he can help at all we need serious help....but he looks like another jag to throw into the mix

Carolina_Packer
04-27-2013, 02:43 PM

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2013/profiles/david-bass?id=2540277 (David Bass very productive in D2, and could project as an OLB)

rbaloha1
04-27-2013, 02:45 PM
Boyd has enormous legs with some power.

Bretsky
04-27-2013, 02:46 PM
I know.....I think we can find pluggers with limited upside as minimum wage free agents...which TT always likes to explore.
I'd rather see some high upside pass rushers here because there are still some out there as well as a couple ILB prospects.
I pounded the table for guys like Brandon Williams and Jessie Williams because they seemed to be a strong level of talent above the much that we're left with now

pbmax
04-27-2013, 02:46 PM

Wist, Woody, & RB.

Quit crying like babies.

The NFL network will soon have half the team on the auction block if Ted trades down again.

wist43
04-27-2013, 02:47 PM
He wasn't very good at the Senior Bowl... got handled pretty easily just about every snap I watched.

Boyd fits the Packer criteria for DT's - can't get off blocks, can't hold up to double teams, can't 2-gap, and is underpowered.

He'll likely make the team b/c there isn't much competition - then TT will draft another version of Boyd in 2 years, and he will be moved off the roster.

Bretsky
04-27-2013, 02:48 PM
David Bass.............Beast mode

Just like every year, a few small schoolers break onto the scene and perform very well on an equal playing field. Bass is one of these prospects, as he was the most consistent pass rusher at the East-West Shrine game. The senior broke two records during his final year at Missouri Western State breaking the school's career sack (39.5) and consecutive starts (50). When asked the one word to describe himself, Bass answered "beast".

Bass immediately started as a freshman in all 12 games, finishing with 47 tackles, 9.5 for loss and 6.5 sacks. In 2010, Bass put up similar numbers in the same 12 starts, with 47 tackles, 10.5 for loss, and eight sacks. His production only went up, with 14.5 sacks in 12 starts as a junior on 20 tackles for loss. Bass' 14 starts in 2012 were a career high and tallied 11.5 sacks.

rbaloha1
04-27-2013, 02:49 PM
He wasn't very good at the Senior Bowl... got handled pretty easily just about every snap I watched.

Boyd fits the Packer criteria for DT's - can't get off blocks, can't hold up to double teams, can't 2-gap, and is underpowered.

He'll likely make the team b/c there isn't much competition - then TT will draft another version of Boyd in 2 years, and he will be moved off the roster.

gotta love your optimitism

rbaloha1
04-27-2013, 02:50 PM
David Bass.............Beast mode

Just like every year, a few small schoolers break onto the scene and perform very well on an equal playing field. Bass is one of these prospects, as he was the most consistent pass rusher at the East-West Shrine game. The senior broke two records during his final year at Missouri Western State breaking the school's career sack (39.5) and consecutive starts (50). When asked the one word to describe himself, Bass answered "beast".

Bass immediately started as a freshman in all 12 games, finishing with 47 tackles, 9.5 for loss and 6.5 sacks. In 2010, Bass put up similar numbers in the same 12 starts, with 47 tackles, 10.5 for loss, and eight sacks. His production only went up, with 14.5 sacks in 12 starts as a junior on 20 tackles for loss. Bass' 14 starts in 2012 were a career high and tallied 11.5 sacks.

dad another one of your sons is chirping.

Gunakor
04-27-2013, 02:50 PM
I'd rather see some high upside pass rushers here because there are still some out there as well as a couple ILB prospects.

Reddick is the only ILB prospect remaining that I'm at all impressed with. Mauti is good, but he gets hurt and misses games due to injury every season. Everyone else is too undersized @ 230 pounds.

woodbuck27
04-27-2013, 02:51 PM

At best I simply hope that he's a substitutional guy.

When we analyze this draft after the Eddie Lacy pick. At that point TT was looking very decent. We'll see what sure looks like a GIANT sellout in terms of the more known talent out there fr this draft. I like what he did even up to the 3rd pick.After that he should have gone BPS SS,SILB,34OLB.

Coming back to the RB as he did isn't ugly... but why? I know that he's ( Jonathan Franklin) the 2nd or 3rd ranked RB; and some analysts say...2nd BPA RB... in this draft.

Where will TT/MM use Jonathan Franklin after Eddie Lacy? Trade him!?

TT has been in far too much of a trading mood in this draft and not using those picks to possibly move back up the board.

It's always trade down>>> over and over. What's that about?

Wasn't there better options available at that pick for TT in terms of our need? The BPA thing was moot or down the tubes too at that point.

wist43
04-27-2013, 02:52 PM
Where are they going to play him??

Does he just move CJ Wilson off the roster??

So...
- we've drafted a Benson clone to replace him - Lacy
- we've drafted a Harris clone to replace him - Franklin
- we've drafted a CJ Wilson clone to replace him - Boyd

Look out Frisco - we be bad!!!!

Bretsky
04-27-2013, 02:54 PM
Josh Boyd....not a wow player....but nice backup in NFL....strong dude...fits zone..per mel kiper...good guy to throw into the mix

wist43
04-27-2013, 02:57 PM
IMO there are better players out there. I think BPA is a cliche all GM's use.....and implement it sometimes

If he can help at all we need serious help....but he looks like another jag to throw into the mix

That's all you're gonna get down here in these lower rounds - the hit percentage for blue-chip and red-chip players is not good.

TT passed up numerous chances to draft potential difference makers who could move into the lineup and upgrade us immediately at a position - but he doesn't do that. He says he wants to draft guys that will be good 2-3 years down the line.

Who knows, maybe frisco will come back to us in 3 years... and the Islamic guy will actually be in our starting lineup, woo hoo!!!

pbmax
04-27-2013, 02:57 PM
Joe Whitt spoke to media about Hyde not Perry so that would seem to mean CB not safety, at least initially.

wist43
04-27-2013, 02:58 PM
Josh Boyd....not a wow player....but nice backup in NFL....strong dude...fits zone..per mel kiper...good guy to throw into the mix

I wonder if he's fast enough to read the back of Colin Kapnerfuckers jersey as he's high-steppin into the end zone??

Bretsky
Ryan Swope just got drafted
bummer

rbaloha1

do not underestimate this guy.

pbmax
04-27-2013, 02:59 PM
Ryan Swope just got drafted
bummer

Is that the guy with concussion concerns?

Bretsky
04-27-2013, 03:00 PM
That's all you're gonna get down here in these lower rounds - the hit percentage for blue-chip and red-chip players is not good.

TT passed up numerous chances to draft potential difference makers who could move into the lineup and upgrade us immediately at a position - but he doesn't do that. He says he wants to draft guys that will be good 2-3 years down the line.

Who knows, maybe frisco will come back to us in 3 years... and the Islamic guy will actually be in our starting lineup, woo hoo!!!

There are still a few nice pass rushers left Wist...IMO.....but we've ignored pass rushers after Datone Jones...IMO...you can never have enough guys to rush the passer in the NFL

rbaloha1
04-27-2013, 03:00 PM
I wonder if he's fast enough to read the back of Colin Kapnerfuckers jersey as he's high-steppin into the end zone??

there are posters who think the defense is just fine

wootah
04-27-2013, 03:01 PM
Just been reading up in this thread; some highly enjoyable stuff, guys :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BgtiEsmBPB4

Carolina_Packer
http://www.nfl.com/draft/2013/profiles/chase-thomas?id=2539314 This guy is intriguing. Pass rush guy named Chase. I like it. It wold give the Pack a draft choice from Cornell and Stanford. At least we'd know they are intelligent.

RashanGary
Packers hearing my prayers. Another zone corner to go with Hayward from last year.

Bretsky
04-27-2013, 03:02 PM
David Quessenberry just got drafted.....nice pick in round 6. some development but a nice ceiling and a guy who can play multiple spots.

Badgerinmaine
04-27-2013, 03:04 PM
National Football Post on Josh Boyd: http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/college_player_scouting_report.html&player=40136
He was #1 on National Football Post's late round sleepers list. http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/10-late-round-sleepers-who-could-surprise-Part-I.html
Quote from the latter:
"Although he lacks the explosiveness and premier speed to get backfield penetration to make tackles consistently behind the LOS, he is able to use his quickness of the ball and strength to press the gap to disrupt blocking schemes. Additionally, he has surprising playing speed chasing down ball carriers along the LOS in pursuit. I expect Boyd will be a late round selection, but if he can become more consistent playing with leverage he could develop into a quality starter."

Bretsky
04-27-2013, 03:07 PM

don't think so...he's been productive...compared to Brandon Stokely....ran 4.33 40.......he's a guy who I think could make the team and be a 4

RashanGary
04-27-2013, 03:08 PM
do not underestimate this guy.

What do you know of him?

rbaloha1
04-27-2013, 03:09 PM
National Football Post on Josh Boyd: http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/college_player_scouting_report.html&player=40136
He was #1 on National Football Post's late round sleepers list. http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/10-late-round-sleepers-who-could-surprise-Part-I.html
Quote from the latter:

Sounds legit. Better than Wilson and Wynn.

Hopefully another Jolly.

rbaloha1
04-27-2013, 03:10 PM
What do you know of him?

Look at the film against SEC competition.

Badgerinmaine
04-27-2013, 03:12 PM
Yup. He's apparently had a number of them in college. This story talks about one of them:
http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/college_sports/college_football/article/Swope-nets-200th-grab-then-injured-3946840.php

Badgerinmaine
04-27-2013, 03:14 PM
Sounds legit. Better than Wilson and Wynn.

Hopefully another Jolly.
Hmmm. Hopefully another Jolly minus the dope.

rbaloha1
04-27-2013, 03:19 PM
Hmmm. Hopefully another Jolly minus the dope.

look we are desperate

Brandon494
04-27-2013, 03:23 PM
I didn't mind the pick, continue to get strong on both lines.

run pMc
I like the Boyd pick. Some scouts had good things to say about him. He'll be a decent interior depth guy, and at 6-3 300# he'll probably add weight and he's a bigger guy than Daniels. I thought we needed another DT and he'll apprentice this year behind Pickett and Raji.

woodbuck27
There my Sleeper RB Latavius Murray Univ. Central Florida just went to Oakland.

I enjoyed watching that man run the ball. I hope he does well.

and there goes 'Speedy' WR Ryan Swope to another team that's having a solid draft >>>the Arizona Cardinals.

run pMc
04-27-2013, 03:24 PM
At least we didn't draft another RB.

Brandon494
I hope we pick up a blocking FB with one of our later picks.

Badgerinmaine
So it turns out Micah Hyde was busted in October during Iowa's bye week for public intoxication.
Does this A. Make you worry about character issues
or B. Make you think "He'll fit right in in Green Bay"?:glug:

Badgerinmaine
04-27-2013, 03:25 PM
I didn't mind the pick, continue to get strong on both lines.
I totally agree.

woodbuck27
04-27-2013, 03:29 PM
David Quessenberry just got drafted.....nice pick in round 6. some development but a nice ceiling and a guy who can play multiple spots.

Solid value pick where he was taken.

woodbuck27
04-27-2013, 03:31 PM
So it turns out Micah Hyde was busted in October during Iowa's bye week for public intoxication.
Does this A. Make you worry about character issues
or B. Make you think "He'll fit right in in Green Bay"?:glug:

It makes me thing that the Scouting Dept. can be suspected of not doing it's job.

Badgerinmaine
04-27-2013, 03:37 PM
DB coach said he knew about it but wasn't worried.

woodbuck27
04-27-2013, 03:43 PM
I hope we pick up a blocking FB with one of our later picks.

We have four picks left;

DE or DT

Another RB

Another Pick at OL

NO .... to Backup QB.

TT gets Graham Harrel mixed up with Justin Harrell and often thinks of him with 'a sigh'. Gets Justin mixed up with another Harrell.

TT >>>MM.

"Ohh Mike ... is that our backup QB?"

Mike McCarthy: "No Ted your confused with this guy." Hands Ted his laptop.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Justin_Harrell

That leaves >>> A tall skinny WR NOT a TE... as Jermichael Finley is a sensative fella.

Bretsky
04-27-2013, 03:49 PM
Solid value pick where he was taken.

yup...nice pick in the sixth...that OT better work out well cause we left serious DL talent on the table there

Badgerinmaine
04-27-2013, 03:51 PM
Pack about to go on the clock

Bretsky
04-27-2013, 03:53 PM
Jordan Poyer...Joe Krueger....ah, who the hell knows

woodbuck27
04-27-2013, 03:53 PM
This guy:

CB Jordan Poyer, Oregon State

34 OLB David Bass, Missouri Western

WR (not a terrific fit) Da'Rick Rogers, Tenn Tech

Better:

DE but better fit in a 4-3 'D' Cornelius Washington, Georgia

Badgerinmaine
04-27-2013, 03:54 PM
Cornelius Washington already went to Chicago.

Bretsky
04-27-2013, 03:54 PM
Tyler Bray

Bretsky
04-27-2013, 03:55 PM
David Bass...would be nice

woodbuck27
04-27-2013, 03:55 PM
This is a decent pick at WR:

WR Marcus Davis, Virginia Tech

Bretsky
04-27-2013, 03:56 PM
Like this guy too

woodbuck27
Cornelius Washington already went to Chicago.

He wasn't a good fit for us. He plays straight ahead too. Too one dimensional.

Badgerinmaine
Nate Palmer, OLB, Illinois State is the pick.

red
04-27-2013, 03:59 PM
so is it bad when nfl.com doesn't have any info on the player we just drafted?

RashanGary
04-27-2013, 03:59 PM
There's your pass rusher, B. Guy has been injured left and right through his career, but he's a talented mofo.

Bretsky
04-27-2013, 04:00 PM
http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/college/chi-nate-palmer-nfl-draft-20130427,0,4846292.story

Badgerinmaine
I'd read he visited the Packers (and Bears) earlier this month, so obviously they'd been thinking of him...but his predraft rankings weren't great. Apparently also has played DE in college. Transferred to Illinois State from Illinois.

RashanGary
Napalm mother fuckers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pEtQyqE3_1o

haha, might not even be the right guy :)

gbpackfan
04-27-2013, 04:01 PM
Packers.com has him listed as an OLB

smuggler
Had a weak 40 yard dash at his pro day, but has good agility and leaping metrics. He had a wrist injury and also transfered between programs. He's listed as being from "Illinois State" but did his Pro Day at Northwestern.

Bretsky
There's your pass rusher, B. Guy has been injured left and right through his career, but he's a talented mofo.

Yupper....I had read about him before the draft. Can't have enough pass rushers

woodbuck27
04-27-2013, 04:02 PM
Does TT hate players from Stanford?

Why not OLB Chase Thomas,Stanford?

Anyone ever check out, hear of... or otherwise scent a Nate Palmer Fr. Illinois State being picked?

Who's estatic or even mildly pleased about that pick?

Badgerinmaine
04-27-2013, 04:02 PM
Kind of a thin story on him...http://sea.scout.com/a.z?s=114&p=9&c=2&cid=1286589&nid=6601391&fhn=1 (http://sea.scout.com/a.z?s=114&p=9&c=2&cid=1286589&nid=6601391&fhn=1)

rbaloha1
04-27-2013, 04:03 PM

the same thing happened to william henderson.

remember bishop was drafted in round 6

RashanGary
04-27-2013, 04:03 PM
Damn it, any prospect without a youtube highlight reel sucks. Fuck.

wootah
04-27-2013, 04:05 PM
From the article above:

"Everybody knows how big of a Bear fan I am," Palmer said.

Badgerinmaine
04-27-2013, 04:05 PM
Had a weak 40 yard dash at his pro day, but has good agility and leaping metrics. He had a wrist injury and also transfered between programs. He's listed as being from "Illinois State" but did his Pro Day at Northwestern.
He played for Illinois State after transferring from Illinois. Illinois State probably doesn't have their own pro day, so that was one of the closer alternatives.
One piece I saw said he led the nation in hits on QBs his senior year, though that may be FCS level.

smuggler
04-27-2013, 04:06 PM
Nope. Wrongo.

MTPackerfan
04-27-2013, 04:08 PM
Interesting TE prospect. He looks like a playmaker in some of his highlights, although against weak competition. He's smooth in the open field with the ball in his hands, which you don't see too often from a TE.

that isn't the right Nate Palmer, the Packers drafted an OLB, not a TE. the video is of a guy from Norther Illinios not Illinios state

smuggler
04-27-2013, 04:09 PM
Yeah, my mistake.

rbaloha1
04-27-2013, 04:10 PM
Torched the Big Ten.

Big and fast. Locates the ball real well.

Looks like a steal.

Why was he available so late?

Badgerinmaine
04-27-2013, 04:13 PM
More on him in a story originally from Packer Report: http://min.scout.com/2/1287481.html (http://http://min.scout.com/2/1287481.html)
I like that he was Academic All-Big Ten when he played at Illinois.
Quote from the story:
As a senior captain at Illinois State, Palmer led the nation in quarterback hits (27) and piled up 7.5 sacks, 15 tackles for losses and three forced fumbles.

woodbuck27
04-27-2013, 04:16 PM

Jaysus red that's a good one...Have an awesome evening man.

This day is verrrrry strange.

Nate Palmer:

Mae tells me he's HOT! See likes his body. Mae has great taste. (-;

Coming off a 2013 wrist injury/transfer Fr. Illinois...He's a OLB/DE.

Love the versatility. 8-)

Measurements: 20 Reps... 40 = 4.70 'a Burner' ...

This man 'black man' can jump.

His Vert. = 35.5 and A broadjump of 10'- 5 "... shuttle = 4.37 and 3 cone = 6.98

So he measures up well.

and TT is rescuing him from 'Da Land of Da Bears'.

Just verified him:

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=83927&draftyear=2013&genpos=OLB

Some more...Scouts have him as 51 of 200 OLB and 593 of 2444 overall.

Badgerinmaine
04-27-2013, 04:26 PM
Palmer wore #4 in college. Hey, Brett's hasn't been back to retire his number, so maybe they'll let the kid wear it a while. ;-)

Badgerinmaine
04-27-2013, 04:27 PM
Torched the Big Ten.

Big and fast. Locates the ball real well.

Looks like a steal.

Why was he available so late?
FCS guys get overlooked, plus I think he had some sort of wrist injury.

Badgerinmaine
04-27-2013, 04:30 PM
Three picks in the 7th round...216, 224, 232. What's your pleasure?

Gunakor
04-27-2013, 04:31 PM
Three picks in the 7th round...216, 224, 232. What's your pleasure?

Kevin Reddick, Zac Dysert, Reid Fragel

woodbuck27
04-27-2013, 04:31 PM
RB ...Latavius Murray,Central Florida...The next star Raider RB. I cannot believe how much he resembles Adrian Peterson.

That man is the picture of 'Specimen'. A freakin stud.

Seriously check him out in my Mock. He's my sixth Round Sleeper pic...at #193.

Badgerinmaine
04-27-2013, 04:32 PM
From the article above:

Well, he grew up in Chicago. I think Ray Nitschke grew up a Bears fan in Illinois and seemed to enjoy taking it to the Bears twice every year...

Badgerinmaine
04-27-2013, 04:34 PM
I'm kinda surprised Dysert is still out there.

RashanGary
04-27-2013, 04:38 PM
It would be nice to draft a douche bag to replace Finley next year. Da'rick Rodgers? We're going to need someone to fight about in the off-season, no?

Badgerinmaine
04-27-2013, 04:39 PM
It would be nice to draft a douche bag to replace Finley next year. Da'rick Rodgers?
Do they get listed as DBs? :-)

RashanGary
04-27-2013, 04:44 PM
The Packers make a very predictable pick. They are on the verge of losing their only true douche bag after this season, and not many talented #1 douche bags are left in this draft. With the 10th pick in the 7th round, the Green Bay Packers select the biggest ass hole in this draft, Da'rick Rodgers.

And the atrium goes crazy, immediately breaking out in fights about morality and racism. And with that, the internet well being of Packer fans is secured for at least a couple seasons after finley.

woodbuck27
04-27-2013, 04:46 PM
Yes TT ...please look seriously at Kevin Reddick;

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=89750&draftyear=2013&genpos=ILB

23 Reps and the rest of the measurements... maybe? judged average; but he was evaluated as a mid 5th round prospect. He's been a 4 Year starter. . . . at the position of need ILB and played in the middle.

It's this...Kevin led the ACC with 18.5 TFL. Named First Team - All Atlantic Coast Conference.

Gunakor
04-27-2013, 04:48 PM
I'm very surprised Reddick lasted this long. I would've applauded Ted for the pick had he made it in the 5th.

Badgerinmaine
04-27-2013, 04:49 PM
The Packers make a very predictable pick. They are on the verge of losing their only true douche bag after this season, and not many talented #1 douche bags are left in this draft. With the 10th pick in the 7th round, the Green Bay Packers select the biggest ass hole in this draft, Da'rick Rodgers.

And the atrium goes crazy, immediately breaking out in fights about morality and racism. And with that, the internet well being of Packer fans is secured for at least a couple seasons after finley.
Wow...I think his three failed drug tests and forced transfer make him a great fit with the Raiders. :mrgreen:

RashanGary
04-27-2013, 04:49 PM
Yes TT ...please look seriously at Kevin Reddick;

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=89750&draftyear=2013&genpos=ILB

23 Reps and the rest of the measurements... maybe? judged average; but he was evaluated as a mid 5th round prospect. He's been a 4 Year starter. . . . at the position of need ILB and played in the middle.

It's this...Kevin led the ACC with 18.5 TFL. Named First Team - All Atlantic Coast Conference.

All ACC. . . I likes' the sound of that. The next Bishop?

Badgerinmaine
04-27-2013, 04:51 PM
I keep reading comments about him that he "lacks intensity", but I would think Kevin Greene could help intensify him.

woodbuck27
04-27-2013, 04:52 PM
Here we go...the Vikings have a chance to pick our pockets twice.

Damn those Vikings !

Two valuable 7 round picks there and BOOM ! >>> Gone !!

TT is climping out of the rubble heap to select at Pick NO. 216...With dust in his eyes...but don't fear as the Jets precede our #216 pick and that gives TT hope for a reprieve.

Gunakor
Vikings took injury plagued Mauti from Penn St. That's good, I was afraid they were gonna take Reddick right before us.

RashanGary
The Bengals and Raiders have 17 collective picks and Da'rick Rodgers is still on the board. WTF? Sounds like he's a similar talent to Dez Bryant.

woodbuck27
04-27-2013, 04:54 PM
All ACC. . . I likes' the sound of that. The next Bishop?

How's life JH...Good I hope?

woodbuck27
04-27-2013, 04:56 PM
Vikings took injury plagued Mauti from Penn St. That's good, I was afraid they were gonna take Reddick right before us.

If TT selects Reddick then for sure his men are monitoring Packerrats.

The Fear>>>the Fear.

gbpackfan
04-27-2013, 04:58 PM
Kwame Geathers is a house of a man. Might be worth a flier here.

woodbuck27
04-27-2013, 04:59 PM
CB Jordan Poyer, Oregon State ..... What is wrong with this CB?

rbaloha1
charles johnson wr

gbpackfan
Wow, Charles Johnson, he's tall and fast.

pbmax
Johnson, Charles WR 6'2" 215 Grand Valley St.

rbaloha1
http://www.nfl.com/draft/2013/profiles/charles-johnson?id=2541147

gbpackfan
04-27-2013, 05:00 PM
Pretty damn productive too

woodbuck27
04-27-2013, 05:00 PM
Ohh awesome>>> Charles Johnson...sounds like TT took a boxer.

Ohh good he's a WR from the Famous Grand Valley State ...

6' - 2 " 215 lbs 40/a blazing 4.38 (timed by TT himself)

Mae says his 3-cone is a rather poor 6.96 and he Ohh wait....makes up for it with a Verticle of >>>Even Mae is impressed >>>39.5 full inches.

Mae is estatic now and drooling with this info:

His broad jump is = 11 ' - 1 "

TT is back !!!!!!

Badgerinmaine
04-27-2013, 05:02 PM
I have a good feeling about WRs Ted takes late.

Badgerinmaine
04-27-2013, 05:03 PM
He was thinking he was going to go a lot earlier. I like what I'm reading about him here: http://www.mlive.com/lakers/index.ssf/2013/04/receiver_charles_johnsons_draf.html
Needed a fella from the western part of Michigan to replace Jennings. :-)
Here's Gil Brandt's take: http://blogs.nfl.com/2013/03/11/grand-valley-states-charles-johnson-sprints-into-draft-consideration/

gbpackfan
04-27-2013, 05:06 PM
Im actually super excited about this kid.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hAnnqcgkCfc

RashanGary
04-27-2013, 05:08 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hAnnqcgkCfc

woodbuck27
04-27-2013, 05:09 PM
Kwame Geathers is a house of a man. Might be worth a flier here.

No NO ....we don't need a house. We need a SILB.

gbpackfan
04-27-2013, 05:10 PM
No NO ....we don't need a house. We need a SILB.

Okay, Okay....no house.

Badgerinmaine
04-27-2013, 05:11 PM
Another guy who wore #4 in college...second one they took today. I know they'll never allow it, but wouldn't you love seeing Favre's face if they let one of them wear 4?

woodbuck27
04-27-2013, 05:11 PM
http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=94218&draftyear=2013&genpos=WR

TT does very decent here with a legitimate 7th Rd. pick.

He'll get his 40% chance if he's really decent.

Badgerinmaine
04-27-2013, 05:13 PM
Pack's on deck.

rbaloha1
04-27-2013, 05:13 PM
Wow!

Same build as TO when he entered the league.

Big and Fast. Why was he available in round 7?

Another Driver?

Badgerinmaine
04-27-2013, 05:15 PM
Wow!

Same build as TO when he entered the league.

Big and Fast. Why was he available in round 7?

Another Driver?
I was thinking of Driver, too. Some people don't like that he transferred schools twice, but I think the talent's there.

woodbuck27
04-27-2013, 05:17 PM
GO Tony Jefferson, FS, Oklahoma.

No it's Kevin Dorsey WR Fr. Maryland.

gbpackfan
Another WR. That a boy TT!

Badgerinmaine
Kevin Dorsey, WR, Maryland

rbaloha1
Kevin Dorsey wr

red
04-27-2013, 05:19 PM
another guy that we have no room for

rbaloha1
04-27-2013, 05:19 PM
Here's what I wrote about Dorsey: At his pro day measured in at 6-1 3/8 and impressed scouts with a 4.47-second 40-yard dash, 38-inch vertical leap and a 10-foot 10-inch broad jump. Dorsey has been training with NFL players in Atlanta. Dorsey only caught 18 passes last year - mostly because the Terrapins used three different freshmen at quarterback - but he averaged 17.3 yards per catch. The year prior he caught 45 passes for 573 yards.
by Tom Silverstein 12:19 PM

RashanGary
04-27-2013, 05:20 PM
Now, that's a strange pick. 18 catches. Just weird.

Badgerinmaine
04-27-2013, 05:21 PM
Wasn't Maryland the team that had to use a linebacker at quarterback halfway through the season because they lost 2 QBs in two weeks?

woodbuck27
04-27-2013, 05:22 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ycihnmnKWU0

Something here on this pick.

This is encouraging:

TT's 7th Rd. Pick # 224:

WR Kevin Dorsey, Fr. Maryland:

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=82487&draftyear=2013&genpos=WR

Packgator
04-27-2013, 05:23 PM
Kiper had WR Johnson going late 3rd or in the 4th round.

RashanGary
04-27-2013, 05:23 PM
Wasn't Maryland the team that had to use a linebacker at quarterback halfway through the season because they lost 2 QBs in two weeks?

I hope so

woodbuck27
04-27-2013, 05:30 PM
One to go...What a GIANT DAY for TT.

It seems to me that the one word that I'd connect to this draft is the opposite to that Famous Song:

So 'un'complicated'.

All the Packers on the current roster. Except for RB and OL are extremely relieved. Maybe some need to wring out a towel but other than that 'no real sweat'.

Their jobs safe.

woodbuck27
04-27-2013, 05:31 PM
Now, that's a strange pick. 18 catches. Just weird.

In one game>>>WOW!!

RashanGary
04-27-2013, 05:32 PM
Right, but if you see the Packers draft a bunch a couple OL and DL, you have to see the guys next to you being replaced and wonder if next season is your turn.

RashanGary
04-27-2013, 05:32 PM
In one game>>>WOW!!

Yeah. Stud :)

woodbuck27
04-27-2013, 05:34 PM
Here's the SURPRIZE for the DAY Gentleman.

Mad is offering an all expense trip for two to Kalazoo Junction in West Virginia for a wilderness canoe trip.

For the Packerrat that nails this pick...at Rd. 7 Pick #232.

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQxidJgDeqKpfBl5g3xAPZqbCcj0og6-hwgxifqqXijwcvnP0xS4Q

Good Luck !!