PDA

View Full Version : 2020 Wide Receivers

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5

GB-Brandon
09-24-2020, 04:54 PM
This is exactly the type of game that will show what we need more of. Rodgers will hopefully once again will us to a “W” but it will be very clear what we need to add.

We won’t have to have these ridiculous mindless discussions and debates any longer!!!!

GB-Brandon
09-24-2020, 04:57 PM
The defense might have to win this one for us!!!

RashanGary
09-24-2020, 05:50 PM
This is exactly the type of game that will show what we need more of. Rodgers will hopefully once again will us to a “W” but it will be very clear what we need to add.

We won’t have to have these ridiculous mindless discussions and debates any longer!!!!

Lol! It's gonna be funny if the offense tears up a solid defense without Adams. Will that stop you from bringing it up?

GB-Brandon
09-24-2020, 06:27 PM
Lol! It's gonna be funny if the offense tears up a solid defense without Adams. Will that stop you from bringing it up?

Well I suppose so because who is going to be the third guy in three receiver sets?

I’m assuming it will be Malik Taylor and if they can make it work with Lazard, MVS and Taylor then “No” there would be no reason to bring in anyone else.

I’m thoroughly going to enjoy this game!!!

GB-Brandon
09-24-2020, 06:28 PM
I have the Packers winning but I gotta admit I’m a little nervous!

RashanGary
09-24-2020, 06:37 PM
Well I suppose so because who is going to be the third guy in three receiver sets?

I’m assuming it will be Malik Taylor and if they can make it work with Lazard, MVS and Taylor then “No” there would be no reason to bring in anyone else.

I’m thoroughly going to enjoy this game!!!

Pretty sure it's Swerv. Probably a little more 2TE. Which isn't bad considering how well Jones and Williams are running. Sort of opens 12 up for some nice looks as the run game puts pressure on the D.

A game and a season have some things in common. You can end up in worst case scenarios and best case. A fumble and interception early sure wouldn't be good for our run game, which would make Adams loss all the more fatal. However, a fumble or intervention the other way early and the 2TE package starts becoming a weapon.

Two good teams. I have no predictions really. It could roll up either way if one of the defenses comes up with turnovers. And both defenses can do that.

RashanGary
09-24-2020, 06:55 PM
Brees isn't going to want to be behind in the 4th quarter. Neither is Rodgers. Neither team is really built to come back without their top receivers

GB-Brandon
09-24-2020, 06:57 PM
Pretty sure it's Swerv. Probably a little more 2TE. Which isn't bad considering how well Jones and Williams are running. Sort of opens 12 up for some nice looks as the run game puts pressure on the D.

A game and a season have some things in common. You can end up in worst case scenarios and best case. A fumble and interception early sure wouldn't be good for our run game, which would make Adams loss all the more fatal. However, a fumble or intervention the other way early and the 2TE package starts becoming a weapon.

Two good teams. I have no predictions really. It could roll up either way if one of the defenses comes up with turnovers. And both defenses can do that.

The Saints front seven should be able to neutralize our running game or at least slow it down. Yours and Bobble’s and a lot of people’s boys are going to have to win this thing. Yes, that means Lazard and MVS!!! You wanna be a “BiG BOY”, well time to put on the BIG BOY PANTS!!!!

#NO EXCUSES!!!!!!!!

GB-Brandon
09-24-2020, 07:10 PM
Our “HERO’S” need to come through!!!!!!!

GB-Brandon
09-24-2020, 07:12 PM
Fitting that Gute and all his failures to fortify the position come down to this prime time game. Now if he fails to address it after this he needs to be ran out of town immediately!!!!

texaspackerbacker
09-24-2020, 11:44 PM
The "situation"? First of all, Davante Adams is not definitely out for the game. He played several snaps and played well after his injury, so it would seem fairly likely he plays. Secondly, based on clear and obvious observation of performance plus stats after two games, the Packer receiving corps even other than Adams is excellent. If there really was a "situation" in the eyes of the staff, they woulda done what so many of us expected and called for in the draft. I'll yield to the people that engineered a 13-3 record last year and two impressive wins so far this year.

sharpe1027
09-25-2020, 08:50 AM
:beat::beat:

Upnorth
09-25-2020, 09:43 AM

Unless anyone you dont think cuts mustard steps up. Then we are back to more spam and absolutes posts like this one....

Upnorth
09-25-2020, 09:45 AM
I won't be surprised to see a bunch of 2 te 2 rb sets with lots of presnapmotion. Unfortunately their secondary isn't young like the last two

bobblehead
09-25-2020, 01:06 PM
San Francisco has been decimated by injuries. That could happen to any team and even the Packers. They are very beatable now. Has nothing to do with how i graded their roster. Rams are my new favorite to win this division.

Tampa Bay- I still expect them to be in the mix. Loaded roster and new system with Brady. We play them so we’ll see. Will have to most likely beat them in playoffs too.

New Orleans- Bobble’s big hero and “Secret favorite QB” looks to have fallen off at age 41. They probably still have enough talent to make the playoffs. I no longer see them as being one of the “Top Dawgs”.

Dallas- Another case of lot’s of injuries but with that offense I expect them to win their division. I actually have them beating Seattle this weekend “+192” as my upset special. They will be someone to reckon with come January with that offense.

Philadelphi- lots of injuries but I think their done anyways. They have major issues on defense. Wentz looks absolutely horrible. I’d be surprised if they are even in it come a few weeks. They get Cincinnati then they go Niners, Steelers and Ravens. Looks like a great opportunity to trade for Desean Jackson as they will probably be looking to unload.

Overall the Packers have a chance like always with Aaron Rodgers. I’ve clearly stated what I think they should do to improve their chances. Injuries will most certainly keep coming our way as well. Lot of ball left to be played.

LOL at all your excuses. I never said Brees won't regress, this year or last. I said that the last 3 years and for his career he was better than Rodgers. That stands.

In the meantime keep making excuses as to why you had 5 picks and none of them are 2-0. Certainly doesn't seem like an elite list.

bobblehead
09-25-2020, 01:08 PM
So why are people challenging me about teams that I graded “before season” that have been ravaged by injuries? I’m pretty good but I don’t have a Fucken crystal ball of who is going to get hurt. Geez!!

Cuz excuses are like assholes. When I told you MVS had a bad ankle last year you wouldn't accept excuses. You are like every jack off I have ever met. Makes excuses, but doesn't accept them. Loser.

bobblehead
09-25-2020, 01:44 PM
Once again I’m living in a world where Adams, Lazard and MVS all don’t stay healthy. If you look around the league it’s not hard to see. We have to keep this offense humming. Having Jackson in the rotation and there to safeguard against injury I believe is worth it. Jackson doesn’t drop wide open TD’s either. That’s for sure!!!

So at this point your concern is the 4th WR on the roster isn't starting quality. Got it.

bobblehead
09-25-2020, 01:50 PM

How is Rodgers going to will us to a W on the road against a serious SB contender when we are NOT serious SB contenders? I'm confused by your "logic"

Anti-Polar Bear
09-25-2020, 01:56 PM
You are like every jack off I have ever met. Makes excuses, but doesn't accept them. Loser.

I take offense in this statement.

GB-Brandon
09-25-2020, 02:06 PM
How is Rodgers going to will us to a W on the road against a serious SB contender when we are NOT serious SB contenders? I'm confused by your "logic"

Because he is Aaron Rodgers!!! “That’s How.” He has been doing it for years!!!

Upnorth
09-25-2020, 02:10 PM
Because he is Aaron Rodgers!!! “That’s How.” He has been doing it for years!!!

I have never seen a qb will a team to a win. It is a team. Wins are not qb stats. You are into analytics (based on your pff posts) so you should know better than that. Or you are suffering from confirmation bias.

GB-Brandon
09-25-2020, 02:26 PM
I have never seen a qb will a team to a win. It is a team. Wins are not qb stats. You are into analytics (based on your pff posts) so you should know better than that. Or you are suffering from confirmation bias.

I have most certainly seen a QB cover up MASSIVE roster deficiencies and put a team on his back to claim victory over and over!!

His name is “Aaron Rodgers”.

Spaulding
09-25-2020, 03:34 PM
I have most certainly seen a QB cover up MASSIVE roster deficiencies and put a team on his back to claim victory over and over!!

You seem to forget though based on your posts that it's a team sport. Rodgers isn't Rodgers if the line doesn't hold up it's end of the bargain, the receivers don't run their routes correctly or get open and catch the ball, the back doesn't chip the blitzer, etc.

Rodgers certainly has the ability to elevate the play of those around him and make the hard throws seem easy, but he's not without his warts in his tendency to hold the ball too long, avoid INT's at all costs (obviously the opposite of Favre). He's also had bouts of inaccuracy the past few years as well which raises concerns of his decline.

No one player is above the team. Gute's drafts have been questionable but cannot be judged in the short term. His FA signings so far seem to be above average with Z playing like an All-Pro and Preston playing quite well as well but on lower level (although asked to perform coverage responsibilities makes it harder to gauge his impact). Amos has been serviceable and at least an upgrade over what we had prior.

The calls for firing him for not given Rodgers another WR is laughable when under his term we seem to going in the right direction:

(2018) 6-9-1
(2019) 13-3
(2020) 2-0

What does a GM need to do (beyond filling your fantasy of what you say is a true #2) to be considered a good GM.

If it's based on scoring points, the Packers lead the league in points for game. Passing yards per game - we're 5th. Rushing yards per game - we're 1st.

Definitely reeks of a need for a #2 receiver.

GB-Brandon
09-25-2020, 03:49 PM
You seem to forget though based on your posts that it's a team sport. Rodgers isn't Rodgers if the line doesn't hold up it's end of the bargain, the receivers don't run their routes correctly or get open and catch the ball, the back doesn't chip the blitzer, etc.

Rodgers certainly has the ability to elevate the play of those around him and make the hard throws seem easy, but he's not without his warts in his tendency to hold the ball too long, avoid INT's at all costs (obviously the opposite of Favre). He's also had bouts of inaccuracy the past few years as well which raises concerns of his decline.

No one player is above the team. Gute's drafts have been questionable but cannot be judged in the short term. His FA signings so far seem to be above average with Z playing like an All-Pro and Preston playing quite well as well but on lower level (although asked to perform coverage responsibilities makes it harder to gauge his impact). Amos has been serviceable and at least an upgrade over what we had prior.

The calls for firing him for not given Rodgers another WR is laughable when under his term we seem to going in the right direction:

(2018) 6-9-1
(2019) 13-3
(2020) 2-0

What does a GM need to do (beyond filling your fantasy of what you say is a true #2) to be considered a good GM.

If it's based on scoring points, the Packers lead the league in points for game. Passing yards per game - we're 5th. Rushing yards per game - we're 1st.

Definitely reeks of a need for a #2 receiver.

We’re gonna find out soon enough!!

GB-Brandon
09-25-2020, 03:53 PM
And Yes, “Analytics!!!!!!!”

http://twitter.com/PFF/status/1309561069367709697

Spaulding
09-25-2020, 04:33 PM
And Yes, “Analytics!!!!!!!”

http://twitter.com/PFF/status/1309561069367709697

He's definitely playing at All-Pro/MVP level and it shows with the effectiveness of the offense. However the jury is still out on whether we need another good receiver or if Lazard and MVS are able to progress and play at higher levels this year without Allison and Graham muddling the number of targets.

GB-Brandon
09-25-2020, 07:38 PM
He's definitely playing at All-Pro/MVP level and it shows with the effectiveness of the offense. However the jury is still out on whether we need another good receiver or if Lazard and MVS are able to progress and play at higher levels this year without Allison and Graham muddling the number of targets.

Yeah, Brian Gutekunst left us hanging for one of the biggest games of the season. He has been reckless with his roster building and now it might cost us in a huge game!!

GB-Brandon
09-25-2020, 08:02 PM
Brian Gutekunst is Sooooooo Great yet he is winning mostly with Thompson’s guys!!

In three years he has basically developed Jaire and Jenkins!!!

#NotGoodEnough!!!

And he wants to run Rodgers off. What a Loser!!

texaspackerbacker
09-25-2020, 08:19 PM
If I thought Gutekunst wanted to "run Rodgers off", I'd be right there with you in hating on him. I don't think it's that way, though. I can't explain what seems to be a monumental blunder drafting Love. Motivation for Rodgers is a pretty shaky reason, but it's the best I can come up with.

As for what Gutekunst has brought in, in addition to Jaire and Jenkins - two likely all pros this season, he has brought in the Smiths and Gary, Amos, Sullivan, and Savage on D, and Lazard, Valdez-Scantling, and Tonyan on O. That's a helluva lot of contributing players in my book.

GB-Brandon
09-25-2020, 08:38 PM
If I thought Gutekunst wanted to "run Rodgers off", I'd be right there with you in hating on him. I don't think it's that way, though. I can't explain what seems to be a monumental blunder drafting Love. Motivation for Rodgers is a pretty shaky reason, but it's the best I can come up with.

As for what Gutekunst has brought in, in addition to Jaire and Jenkins - two likely all pros this season, he has brought in the Smiths and Gary, Amos, Sullivan, and Savage on D, and Lazard, Valdez-Scantling, and Tonyan on O. That's a helluva lot of contributing players in my book.

You judge a man by his “Actions!!!!!!” So while many are running to this Bullshit False Narrative to save face that Gute drafted Love to motivate Rodgers the fact remains they thought Rodgers was “Too Difficult to Deal With” and “He was Regressing!” I really wish I could disclose more!!!! More shall be revealed!!!

Most of the guys you listed are playing like “JAG’S” right now. However; the sample size is small so I haven’t given up on any of them.

GB-Brandon
09-25-2020, 08:54 PM
Gute walked into probably one of the best situations of all time. Thompson left him a “Gold Mine Of Opportunity” with remaining talent, picks, and cap space.

This should be a Fucken Dynasty!!!!

GB-Brandon
09-25-2020, 09:07 PM
This Jackass managed to fuck it up!!!!

GB-Brandon
09-25-2020, 09:27 PM
I got news for ya Mr. Gutekunst!!!

Michael Jordan was a little difficult to deal with too!!!

Fucken Deal with it!!!!

Joemailman
09-25-2020, 09:55 PM
Do you enjoy talking to yourself?

texaspackerbacker
09-25-2020, 11:35 PM
You judge a man by his “Actions!!!!!!” So while many are running to this Bullshit False Narrative to save face that Gute drafted Love to motivate Rodgers the fact remains they thought Rodgers was “Too Difficult to Deal With” and “He was Regressing!” I really wish I could disclose more!!!! More shall be revealed!!!

Most of the guys you listed are playing like “JAG’S” right now. However; the sample size is small so I haven’t given up on any of them.

For the record, I was throwing out that motivation line - half facetiously but still talking about it - long before the media and others started saying it. You say “Actions!!!!!!”? The intent or not, it certainly worked that way.

Bringing in the 11 names I mentioned is pretty powerful “Actions!!!!!!” .

The main thing I've been saying all along, though, is that the powers that be apparently don't see our "needs" as near as urgent as you, Brandon, and some other in here do. And the way this season is shaping up, early results say they were right.

GB-Brandon
09-26-2020, 12:14 AM
For the record, I was throwing out that motivation line - half facetiously but still talking about it - long before the media and others started saying it. You say “Actions!!!!!!”? The intent or not, it certainly worked that way.

Bringing in the 11 names I mentioned is pretty powerful “Actions!!!!!!” .

The main thing I've been saying all along, though, is that the powers that be apparently don't see our "needs" as near as urgent as you, Brandon, and some other in here do. And the way this season is shaping up, early results say they were right.

It’s Bullshit!! Nobody trades up in the first round to draft a quarterback to motivate a HOF QB. It’s the dumbest thing ever. Rodgers was already working on some things before the draft and tweaking some things. If you want to believe that fairy tale and that everything and everyone is gonna go happily ever after then fine.

Brian Gutekunst is gonna go down as the worse GM ever when this thing finally all plays out. Believe what you want.

texaspackerbacker
09-26-2020, 01:30 AM
13-3 last year, a good chance for even better this year, that's what I want to believe.

yetisnowman
09-26-2020, 01:59 AM
This Brandon dude has kinda killed this board for me. I don't even necessarily disagree with him that much. But the insanely repetitive assertions and inability to understand how quotation marks work are pretty insufferable. People quote him all the time since he accounts for half the forum's activity, so ignore doesn't solve it.
Bravo dude.

Upnorth
09-26-2020, 08:19 AM
This Brandon dude has kinda killed this board for me. I don't even necessarily disagree with him that much. But the insanely repetitive assertions and inability to understand how quotation marks work are pretty insufferable. People quote him all the time since he accounts for half the forum's activity, so ignore doesn't solve it.
Bravo dude.

I agree. I think from now on if I feel the need to respond to some of his spam I will just do it in a private message and just leave the drivel alone here. It's unfortunate for the repetitive spam becausechecdid bring some good things to the table.

I am looking forward to today's game. If Adams is out Lafluer will need to get creative because CB is not a weakness on the Saints. It will be a test of his creativity and our oline.

Joemailman
09-26-2020, 08:59 AM
I am looking forward to today's game. If Adams is out Lafluer will need to get creative because CB is not a weakness on the Saints. It will be a test of his creativity and our oline.

Don't get ahead of yourself. The game is tomorrow night. :-)

Through the 1st 2 games, Rodgers had targeted WR's 44 times and TE's 6. I think that changes this week. All of the passing TD's Saints have given up were against safeties and linebackers.

bobblehead
09-26-2020, 10:32 AM
I take offense in this statement.

Apologies. But you entertain me so I can't give you that crown.

bobblehead
09-26-2020, 10:36 AM
Bravo dude.

At this point, yes, his content is same old same old. He is boring...sort of like clown shoes are funny the first time, but after that....

He hasn't ruined it for me, I just engage him less now that I have proven him wrong at every turn and he has to change his narrative. That entertained me...once.

bobblehead
09-26-2020, 10:37 AM

Whatever you say Clown Shoes. That is my new nickname for you. Clown Shoes.

Edit: Where is Mad...we need to change his avatar to a big old pair of clowny goofy red shoes.

GB-Brandon
09-26-2020, 11:53 AM
Whatever you say Clown Shoes. That is my new nickname for you. Clown Shoes.

Edit: Where is Mad...we need to change his avatar to a big old pair of clowny goofy red shoes.

And we’re all well aware what side of this your on!!!

If anyone deserves the mess that is coming it is you!!!

Edit: Where is Mad.... we need to change his avatar to a big Drew Brees picture!!!

Joemailman
09-26-2020, 12:52 PM
I’ve been watching this front office closely for 20 plus years. The regression over the last ten has been pathetic. I don’t need to think about much anymore!!!!

Gute walked into probably one of the best situations of all time. Thompson left him a “Gold Mine Of Opportunity” with remaining talent, picks, and cap space.

This should be a Fucken Dynasty!!!!

So if you think the front office had been regressing for 7 years before Gute became GM, why do you think he walked into one of the best situations of all time?

bobblehead
09-26-2020, 01:19 PM
So if you think the front office had been regressing for 7 years before Gute became GM, why do you think he walked into one of the best situations of all time?

If you change 4 quarters for a dollar how do you make profit....VOLUME!! And clown shoes.

GB-Brandon
09-26-2020, 03:30 PM

Its simple. Thompson didn’t use Free Agency enough to complete the rosters and was way to conservative. Then enter “The Monster Gute” with the loaded deck of resources and he hasn’t hit the mark.

He hasn’t really developed shit in 3 years other then Jaire and Jenkins and in process has tried to run our HOF QB off and has caused collateral damage!!!

Upnorth
09-26-2020, 04:44 PM

But the logic of 10 years of incompetence resulting in an amazing situation 3 years ago will fly right over the head of the child.

Bretsky
09-27-2020, 04:37 PM

Elite QB

sharpe1027
09-27-2020, 10:39 PM
Bravo dude.

He went on my ignore list and it helped. First time ever I've used the feature. Ridiculously trollish and boring. Not worth our time.

GB-Brandon
09-27-2020, 10:41 PM
Elite QB

Plus picks Plus $.

Joemailman
09-28-2020, 12:11 AM
Great. Lazard should have no problem operating as the No.1 this week and beating consistent double coverage then!!!

I’m gonna have my popcorn ready!!!

How was the popcorn?:drma:

GB-Brandon
09-28-2020, 12:27 AM
How was the popcorn?:drma:

I think I’ve posted enough about it. It was really a great win. The Packers haven’t had to many big wins lately where they beat a good team on the road. Now, the fans weren’t there but within the scope of how things are it really was a great team effort.

RashanGary
09-28-2020, 12:29 AM
Boy that One7 coverage ain’t no joke ������

MVS twitter post. 12 said he got the over/under treatment tonight. Saints must really be dumb fucks for bracketing a #4 trash receiver, eh. Or maybe he’s one of the top deep threats in the league and the saints don’t want him to just run by their guys like he’s done his whole career

Joemailman
09-28-2020, 12:47 AM
MVS twitter post. 12 said he got the over/under treatment tonight. Saints must really be dumb fucks for bracketing a #4 trash receiver, eh. Or maybe he’s one of the top deep threats in the league and the saints don’t want him to just run by their guys like he’s done his whole careerTheir plan I suppose was to bracket MVS and then count on their other corner to win his matchup with Lazard. Lazard destroyed that game plan. Last week Lions bracketed Adams and Jones destroyed them. Week 1 Davante Adams had 14 catches. Packers offense can attack you in a lot of different ways.

GB-Brandon
09-28-2020, 12:49 AM
I mean I understand when you have a QB that can throw “20 yard no look passes” on a dime with pin point precision it’s easy to jump to the conclusions that any warm body will do on the receiving end but I would tread lightly with that approach.

Too much at stake.

RashanGary
09-28-2020, 12:49 AM
Their plan I suppose was to bracket MVS and then count on their other corner to win his matchup with Lazard. Lazard destroyed that game plan. Last week Lions bracketed Adams and Jones destroyed them. Week 1 Davante Adams had 14 catches. Packers offense can attack you in a lot of different ways.
MVS has a handful of deep bombs too. They’re carving teams up. With the receivers.

GB-Brandon
09-28-2020, 01:32 AM
Its week 3. Teams are losing guys left and right. Looks like the Seahawks lost Chris Carson today for the season. What if we lose Aaron Jones? Then what? What’s your big Fucken plan then? There will certainly be more pressure on the receiver group at that point. I can tell you that much for sure.

Adams is great! Lazard is okay. MVS is a piece you can use in certain situations and then hope he catches the ball. There is nothing after that. The drop off is dramatic. My opinion remains the same that to not be prepared with so much at stake is rather reckless!

You guys can have your own opinion. It’s gonna play out the way it’s gonna play out. I hope Gute does something. It’s not a slap towards Lazard or MVS or anybody on this forum. I want the Packers to win a Super Bowl and I know how this shit rolls and how quickly this all can change. A couple injuries or Rodgers doesn’t play at Super Man Elite Level and the whole things stalls and it could of been prevented.

To count on warm bodies as receivers and 20 yard no look throws with perfect accuracy as the gold standard for 16 games and a playoff run might be a little far fetched. We’ll see. Hoping for the best either way. It’s getting close to our last chance so makes sense to me to cover all the bases.

You want to be Fucken Ignorant. Be Ignorant!!

RashanGary
09-28-2020, 02:07 AM
I’d like better:

DTs
Edge depth
ILBs
Safeties
Corners
OL
Running backs
Quarterbacks
Tight ends
And
Receivers

You’re not saying anything profound, Brandon. Get over yourself

GB-Brandon
09-28-2020, 02:38 AM
I’d like better:

DTs
Edge depth
ILBs
Safeties
Corners
OL
Running backs
Quarterbacks
Tight ends
And
Receivers

You’re not saying anything profound, Brandon. Get over yourself

Yet I’ve had several friends that are fans of other teams texting me tonight and joking and asking when we were gonna get a WR. Lol. Then there like “keep doing what your doing and don’t get one”. Lol. “Stay undermanned”. LOL. “We don’t wanna see Aaron Rodgers with another real weapon”. “FUCK NOOOOOOO!”

“They’d probably have to call Rodger Goodell and change the Rule Book”. Lol.

So, I’ve made my point right or wrong. People are tired of hearing me jaw on about it. I’m done talking about it. If other people want to ask me a question or something I will reply but that’s pretty much it. Like I’ve posted I’ve just about had my fill of Brian Gutekunst as this whole thing winds down. We’ll see how long he can keep it together with hardly any of his picks really working out and relying on Thompson’s older players. His FA signings in year two aren’t looking as good either.

Its long term sell and time to get out while you can. As soon as Rodgers leaves it’s over anyways.

Spaulding
09-28-2020, 08:22 AM
He went on my ignore list and it helped. First time ever I've used the feature. Ridiculously trollish and boring. Not worth our time.

Thanks for the heads-up on the ignore feature. Looking at the board now without the constant repetitive and known it all posts is like putting on glasses for the first time. It's gold Jerry, pure gold.

Joemailman
09-28-2020, 09:45 AM
Rodgers passer rating when targeting Lazard: 157.1. 13-17, 254, 2 TD

Last night: 6-8, 146, 1 TD

SudsMcBucky
09-28-2020, 09:57 AM
Bravo dude.

This is pretty much me, too.

Upnorth
09-28-2020, 10:15 AM
At the start of the season many (myself include)d had the Saints as a top 5 team with great depth includingbthere wrs. I think last night proved we had better receiver depth than many gave us credit for. It's certainly better than the Saints.

Vincenzo
09-28-2020, 10:21 AM
Bravo dude.
Oh he ain’t that bad. C’mon now, how hard can it really be to skip over someone’s opinion you don’t really agree with or find annoying. I’m not denying the fact that some people can be insufferable but as my wife says, just look at Seinfeld as an example of the quirkiness of people. That entire cast is about the character’s quirks. My point is, it’s pretty much human to have some level of imperfection, but it all boils down to what you can tolerate.
In the end, the guy is a hard core Packer fan, so cut him some slack. Heck, if he was in the room before a game you’d hand him a cold beer and brat.

run pMc
09-28-2020, 10:38 AM
Its week 3. Teams are losing guys left and right. Looks like the Seahawks lost Chris Carson today for the season. What if we lose Aaron Jones? Then what? What’s your big Fucken plan then? There will certainly be more pressure on the receiver group at that point. I can tell you that much for sure.

Adams is great! Lazard is okay. MVS is a piece you can use in certain situations and then hope he catches the ball. There is nothing after that. The drop off is dramatic. My opinion remains the same that to not be prepared with so much at stake is rather reckless!

WUT R WE GUNNA DO IF WEE LOOSE ROGERS?? OMG U GIYES! WE SHULDA DRAFTED A QB. OH WAIT...

JFC, you're complaining about WRs that are producing because it doesn't fit your narrative. Yes, they could have drafted a WR, and I would have liked to see them do so, but WR and RB depth is NOT the problem with this team. Defense is.

If Jones goes down, they start using more AJ, Jamaal and Ervin. They aren't Aaron Jones, but you don't draft a RB in R2 to ride the bench forever, and Jamaal may not be dynamic but he is tough and dependable.

If your friends are laughing because GB put up almost 40 AGAIN with backups and Day3 WR picks, I would think they are laughing at NO. GB is putting up numbers on offense at a historic rate.

The narrative isn't holding up, and at this point it's obviously just trolling. Maybe try switching to how they should've drafted a stud ILB or DT in R1 instead.

hoosier
09-28-2020, 10:55 AM

You guys can have your own opinion. It’s gonna play out the way it’s gonna play out. I hope Gute does something. It’s not a slap towards Lazard or MVS or anybody on this forum. I want the Packers to win a Super Bowl and I know how this shit rolls and how quickly this all can change. A couple injuries or Rodgers doesn’t play at Super Man Elite Level and the whole things stalls and it could of been prevented.

To count on warm bodies as receivers and 20 yard no look throws with perfect accuracy as the gold standard for 16 games and a playoff run might be a little far fetched. We’ll see. Hoping for the best either way. It’s getting close to our last chance so makes sense to me to cover all the bases.

You want to be Fucken Ignorant. Be Ignorant!!

I am really pissed at the Saints for not stocking the receiver position. Take away Michael Thomas and what do they have? An old TE and a QB-turned-gimmick-specialist??? Wasting the last years of Drew Brees's career!!!!
You want to be hysterical? Be hysterical!

bobblehead
09-28-2020, 12:46 PM
MVS twitter post. 12 said he got the over/under treatment tonight. Saints must really be dumb fucks for bracketing a #4 trash receiver, eh. Or maybe he’s one of the top deep threats in the league and the saints don’t want him to just run by their guys like he’s done his whole career

You know I've been on the MVS bandwagon, but a real man doesn't make a passive excuse like this...and thats what it is. He needs to grow up. Say they did some things he didn't counter well enough. Admit he needs to do more. Get some first downs. He did the right thing for the team and took that double down field to open up team mates. He doesn't need to talk about it, the coaches know it. Rodgers knows it. The smarter fans know it. Its a tad immature to talk about it.

bobblehead
09-28-2020, 12:47 PM
I mean I understand when you have a QB that can throw “20 yard no look passes” on a dime with pin point precision it’s easy to jump to the conclusions that any warm body will do on the receiving end but I would tread lightly with that approach.

Too much at stake.

Oh clown shoes. You're so silly. You make me smile.

bobblehead
09-28-2020, 12:53 PM
Yet I’ve had several friends that are fans of other teams texting me tonight and joking and asking when we were gonna get a WR. Lol. Then there like “keep doing what your doing and don’t get one”. Lol. “Stay undermanned”. LOL. “We don’t wanna see Aaron Rodgers with another real weapon”. “FUCK NOOOOOOO!”

“They’d probably have to call Rodger Goodell and change the Rule Book”. Lol.

So, I’ve made my point right or wrong. People are tired of hearing me jaw on about it. I’m done talking about it. If other people want to ask me a question or something I will reply but that’s pretty much it. Like I’ve posted I’ve just about had my fill of Brian Gutekunst as this whole thing winds down. We’ll see how long he can keep it together with hardly any of his picks really working out and relying on Thompson’s older players. His FA signings in year two aren’t looking as good either.

Its long term sell and time to get out while you can. As soon as Rodgers leaves it’s over anyways.

We mock you, and JHs point is that there is no perfect team. Every team has holes and every team would like improvement at the #4 WR spot. The NFL has a salary cap and a punish the winners draft. I hammered Gutes for several moves. I applaud him when he gets it right.

You need to drop the mantra. Its boring and people are tuning you out. You need to offer fresh takes from time to time. You married yourself to a bad narrative (we aren't a serious contender) and now you can't bring yourself to admit you were wrong. Be a grown man. Admit that the offense which is TOP IN THE NFL right now has enough weapons. If you are relegated to arguing that the 4th WR isn't good enough...well, we all agree, it could be better. To bemoan the few holes on the roster over and over as if you are smarter than everyone else...well, that is boring.

bobblehead
09-28-2020, 12:57 PM
Oh he ain’t that bad. C’mon now, how hard can it really be to skip over someone’s opinion you don’t really agree with or find annoying. I’m not denying the fact that some people can be insufferable but as my wife says, just look at Seinfeld as an example of the quirkiness of people. That entire cast is about the character’s quirks. My point is, it’s pretty much human to have some level of imperfection, but it all boils down to what you can tolerate.
In the end, the guy is a hard core Packer fan, so cut him some slack. Heck, if he was in the room before a game you’d hand him a cold beer and brat.

I agree Vince. I give Brandon a lot of shit, but when I'm in GB in December, maybe I'll sit down with him and buy him a beer. I don't hold grudges over an online forum. Besides, he might shock us, admit this team is pretty good and start to enjoy the ride. He didn't run and hide the minute he was wrong about everything, so there is hope for him. That is what grown ups do. Admit mistakes, learn from them, and move on...sort of like Alan Babre. Still waiting for his breakout.

bobblehead
09-28-2020, 01:00 PM
I am really pissed at the Saints for not stocking the receiver position. Take away Michael Thomas and what do they have? An old TE and a QB-turned-gimmick-specialist??? Wasting the last years of Drew Brees's career!!!!
You want to be hysterical? Be hysterical!

Was waiting for someone to pick up on this. Thank you Hoosier. But Brees is so good he took what he had and turned in a great game. Thank god Gutes put together a better D than the saints did.

Tony Oday
09-28-2020, 01:08 PM
Love the WR corp on this team and the TEs are going to be great this year.

Dillon and Williams can take up the slack if need be.

The best part is the line is playing great!

Defense is built to stop the pass but man against a dink and dunk passer like Brees they HAVE to press at the line more.

GB-Brandon
09-28-2020, 02:05 PM
I’m simply not going to respond to all of this rhetoric individually. I never said the Packers weren’t a good football team. I’ve made decent sized wagers for the Packers to win 2 out of three of their games with just cramming them in ML in a big parlay in Lions game and much more confidence in Saints and Queens. I have been completely transparent. For some of these fools to think that I would do this while rooting against Packers receivers is just crazy!!!

I’ve explained thoroughly what I believe the Packers should do and why. I don’t think it’s all that hard to grasp. While it does NOT GUARANTEE the Packers a Title I once again believe it gives the Packers the best possible chance. The defense sure in the hell isn’t going to be the difference and just about any other team would give Rodgers much more then the Packers have.

End of Story!!

GB-Brandon
09-28-2020, 02:07 PM
But go ahead and continue to “switch the narrative up” and play possum etc etc.

Bossman641
09-28-2020, 02:27 PM
What do you expect us to do about the WR's. Ya, I was pissed the way the draft went and argued that they overly valued positions that no other teams value. I've been pleasantly surprised with the WR's so far but still fear they'll end up costing us. Until that happens time to enjoy the ride.

GB-Brandon
09-28-2020, 03:01 PM
What do you expect us to do about the WR's. Ya, I was pissed the way the draft went and argued that they overly valued positions that no other teams value. I've been pleasantly surprised with the WR's so far but still fear they'll end up costing us. Until that happens time to enjoy the ride.

Gute can exercise and make a trade before the trade deadline. I know I have thrown some bigger names around but even a mid-range target would really be a good insurance policy with so much on the line.

I think we can all agree that AR12 and the offense are going to have to take us to the promise land this year. The defense may flash but it is far from a shut down defense. Is everyone really comfortable with the thought of a playoff game with possibly Darrius Shepherd or Malik Taylor out there in January?

I'm Not and if it comes to that and we fail I'm done FOREVER! I will never forgive them!!

RashanGary
09-28-2020, 03:05 PM
We’re the patriots comfortable with marshmallow at LT or the Chiefs with breshawn breeland at corner? This is the salary cap NFL, clown shoes

GB-Brandon
09-28-2020, 03:14 PM
We’re the patriots comfortable with marshmallow at LT or the Chiefs with breshawn breeland at corner? This is the salary cap NFL, clown shoes

the Chief have MASSIVE WEAPONS!!!! They can line just about anyone up at corner you FOOL!!! They already won one Super Bowl doing exactly what I am talking about!!!!!!! Thanks for pointing it out!!!!!!

We have the cap space. Quit running for excuses and grasping for straws!! Re-sign one of our dudes or Win a Super Bowl?

Fall Short yet again and actually WEAR CLOWN SHOES or CAPTURE GREATNESS?!!!!!!

Your the only Clown I know!!!

GB-Brandon
09-28-2020, 03:16 PM

"We Almost Got to the Top Of That Hill Daddy"

"We'll Get her next time"

Save it!!!!!!

GB-Brandon
09-28-2020, 03:39 PM
The Packers might be the most arrogant franchise ever. That's what this has morphed into. It's rather disgusting. They run around and chase their own tale trying to build a team with little to no clear vison. They stumble into this Generational talented QB which was a gift from the heavens and I believe Vince himself. They then completely misuse him for the better part of ten years. They make matters worse trying to throw him out the back door while trying to hang him out to dry. Then it fucken FAILS and all the little lemmings that were on board with replacing him are running back picking up all the fresh grapes again!!! THEY WERE THE MOTHERFUCKERS THAT ARE CLOWNS THAT WERE WRONG!!! So they gotta run around and try to convince everyone that we have this "ALL-Star Studed Receiving Corp" and the that the Minnesota Vikings are so so so talented every week. Mindless fucken narratives!!!! A cesspool of bad karma is building!!!!!

I'm getting a little to busy for the BULLSHIT!!!!

https://youtu.be/vzB0WNWbKxE
'

Joemailman
09-28-2020, 03:47 PM
I thought the Packers depth at WR going into the summer was pretty good. But then Funchess opted out and St. Brown got hurt. I still think if they can get St. Brown back they're in decent shape. But I agree with Brandon you don't want to go into a playoff game with a situation like they had last night where Shepherd or Taylor are the #3 WR.

GB-Brandon
09-28-2020, 05:00 PM

This hits close to home so I will respond. I have actually been to two of the NFC Champ losses and I will share that one actually left me so distraught that I ended up in a psych ward. I don't normally even share this but the emotional roller coaster experience of what i witnessed was one of my most difficult in my entire life. I know it is just a football game but the attachment at that time while in the moment is hard to explain while being there in the present. I have still to this day have never watched the replay of that game.

So now I smell "Blood In The Water" and "Opportunity'. I see a major flaw where we could come up short yet again so I don't give a flying fuck if we can't re-sign kevin king next year or have to let Preston Smith go to help ensure that we don't fall short again!! We need to use every means necessary and seize this opportunity and learn from the past. Not repeat the same mistakes again.

Both these players aren't playing up to getting paid big $ anyways. Lets use it to shore things up with AR12 and leave no margin for error. The defense is most likely going to have to be re-tooled all over again anyways with P.Smith, Amos and King and others. Fuck It. Lets ride AR12 To Glory while we can!!!

GB-Brandon
09-28-2020, 05:27 PM
Sometimes the best way to manage the cap is creating an environment where you have several players fighting to get new contracts and keep their own contracts because there is only so much $ to go around.

Having this scenario where everything is always "Perfectly Covered" cap wise can kind of create a comfy environment where players get a little to comfy.

I prefer to press the cap and create competition for contracts and keeping contracts. That's how Belichick does it!!! He'll send your ass down the road in a second!! Same with the Seahawks!

Vincenzo
09-28-2020, 05:29 PM
The 2010 Championship took the sting out of the 15-1 Packers getting punched in the mouth by the Giants in 2011 in front of our fans at Lambeau. I know it was painful but I don’t care what you say.
The most painful, shit the bed playoff loss was the one where the Pack had it wrapped up in the NFC Championship game vs Seattle only to lose it in OT. It was that Bostick blunder that cost us a Super Bowl appearance.
That was one of the most painful losses any fan could endure. I don’t like even thinking about it!

GB-Brandon
09-28-2020, 05:37 PM
The 2010 Championship took the sting out of the 15-1 Packers getting punched in the mouth by the Giants in 2011 in front of our fans at Lambeau. I know it was painful but I don’t care what you say.
The most painful, shit the bed playoff loss was the one where the Pack had it wrapped up in the NFC Championship game vs Seattle only to lose it in OT. It was that Bostick blunder that cost us a Super Bowl appearance.
That was one of the most painful losses any fan could endure. I don’t like even thinking about it!

That would be the one I was referring too.

texaspackerbacker
09-28-2020, 08:35 PM
I thought the Packers depth at WR going into the summer was pretty good. But then Funchess opted out and St. Brown got hurt. I still think if they can get St. Brown back they're in decent shape. But I agree with Brandon you don't want to go into a playoff game with a situation like they had last night where Shepherd or Taylor are the #3 WR.

I never had any hope for Funchess - couldn't understand why they even signed him. I think/hope St. Brown will be back soon. I was never as negative about Shepherd like a lot of people, and Taylor, I don't know much about am anxious to see what he can do.

sharpe1027
09-28-2020, 11:15 PM

It IS really really easy to skip his opinion. So easy it's almost like the site does it for me.

I'd hand him a cold beer, but he's probably more of a whiteclaw guy. I still don't have to read his posts, and I can say as much. I think he's just made up a fake personality to mess with people. Whatever floats his boat.

GB-Brandon
09-28-2020, 11:34 PM
It IS really really easy to skip his opinion. So easy it's almost like the site does it for me.

I'd hand him a cold beer, but he's probably more of a whiteclaw guy. I still don't have to read his posts, and I can say as much. I think he's just made up a fake personality to mess with people. Whatever floats his boat.

Well if you must know I’m actually more of a Grey Goose on the Rocks type of a guy. As far as this fake personality stuff which has come up a few times I really don’t know what to say other then this is me. My brother has told me before that I could write a book but probably nobody would believe it but oh well. I can’t think of why someone would spend so much time on a social Packer forum if they weren’t a real Packer fan.

I do have Game Day Party’s from time to time and I don’t discriminate from new fans attending. I can assure you that “The Brandon” is pretty much what you see here which is a Loud Mouthed Opinionated Packer Fan!!!

Upnorth
09-29-2020, 07:29 AM
So last year Lazard was our #2 after not being on the roster to start the season. This year he looks legit and has drawn comparision to Colton for body type and style.

Mvs is a legit #3 take the top off deep threat.

I guess my question is are we maybe better at wr than any of us thought?

I dont thinnnk anyone saw it as a strenght going into the season but a few of us thought we were about 16th to 24th in the league. Are we actually top half or maybe even touching top 1/3rd??

Fritz
09-29-2020, 08:08 AM

I would say that you could kinda see loss in 2011 coming. That defense was like butter.

That Seattle game was definitely an all-time heartbreaker. Were you around for the 4th-and-26 debacle against the Iggles? That one hurt. That team had the defense and the running game to go all the way. They'd have crushed Carolina the next week, if only Shermy had gone for it on fourth down late in the game instead of punting.

GB-Brandon
09-29-2020, 09:45 AM
So last year Lazard was our #2 after not being on the roster to start the season. This year he looks legit and has drawn comparision to Colton for body type and style.

I dont thinnnk anyone saw it as a strenght going into the season but a few of us thought we were about 16th to 24th in the league. Are we actually top half or maybe even touching top 1/3rd??

All bullshit aside the Packers offense has obviously surpassed pretty much everyone’s expectations thus far and not adding more receivers through the draft or other means hasn’t been needed “YET“ through 3 weeks of the season. However; we simply can’t come to the conclusion and say Gute was right or Gute was wrong or I was right or I was wrong at this point being 3 weeks into the season. We have a long way to go. Lazard is going to be fine as long as he can stay healthy. MVS is still kind of a mixed bag. The big worry for me like I keep saying is the drop off after Adams and Lazard. Maybe they can get some depth with St. Brown. If that’s the case then things can most likely keep rolling but it’s far from a slam dunk.

Without having an “All-Star TE” I’d still really like to see Gute be aggressive here and bring in another competent WR to secure the rotation. This doesn’t mean going out and trading a 1st round pick for OBJ but rather getting someone at that mid-range level at the very least. My fear is having to rely on Shepherd or Taylor come playoff time’and potentially costing us.

bobblehead
09-29-2020, 11:22 AM
All bullshit aside the Packers offense has obviously surpassed pretty much everyone’s expectations thus far and not adding more receivers through the draft or other means hasn’t been needed “YET“ through 3 weeks of the season. However; we simply can’t come to the conclusion and say Gute was right or Gute was wrong or I was right or I was wrong at this point being 3 weeks into the season. We have a long way to go. Lazard is going to be fine as long as he can stay healthy. MVS is still kind of a mixed bag. The big worry for me like I keep saying is the drop off after Adams and Lazard. Maybe they can get some depth with St. Brown. If that’s the case then things can most likely keep rolling but it’s far from a slam dunk.

Without having an “All-Star TE” I’d still really like to see Gute be aggressive here and bring in another competent WR to secure the rotation. This doesn’t mean going out and trading a 1st round pick for OBJ but rather getting someone at that mid-range level at the very least. My fear is having to rely on Shepherd or Taylor come playoff time’and potentially costing us.

We are a forgiving group here. I will take it easy on you if you become rational and a valuable poster. However if you continue to pretend you though Lazard was anything other than the shit that you called him all offseason I will call you clown shoes.

Here is how a post from you should read:

I admit I was wrong about the WR room. Lazard and MVS have turned out to be very valuable weapons. Hell, even sans Adams the WR did a stellar job against a good Saints defense. I would still like one more solid WR on the roster, but a team can't have everything. What a great start for the offense that I thought would be handicapped by lack of WR talent and instead has broken every 3 week record like ever in history. VIVA LA PACKERS. Rodgers is playing great and its a great time to be a packers fan!!!

If you posted something like that we would all gain a lot of respect for you. But instead you try to pretend you were on the Lazard wagon and the only issue you had was our #4 WR.

texaspackerbacker
09-29-2020, 11:26 AM

Uh, actually I did say we were fine with WRs going into the season, although Lazard has surpassed even my expectations. MVS has been very good, but I expected that. Get St. Brown back too, and we are outstanding in that area. And the TEs - where I did think we were deficient - are shaping up pretty well too.

Upnorth
09-29-2020, 11:41 AM
Uh, actually I did say we were fine with WRs going into the season, although Lazard has surpassed even my expectations. MVS has been very good, but I expected that. Get St. Brown back too, and we are outstanding in that area. And the TEs - where I did think we were deficient - are shaping up pretty well too.

So you actually thought receivers were a STRENGHT on the team? Fine to me does not equal strenght.

texaspackerbacker
09-29-2020, 12:00 PM
So you actually thought receivers were a STRENGHT on the team? Fine to me does not equal strenght.

hahahaha I guess it depends what you mean by strength. I watched a thing on YouTube yesterday of Packer great moments, and the thing that struck me the most was how many "superstar" Packer WRs left as free agents or whatever and then floundered with other teams - Jennings, Jones, Jordy, you could even include that current tire salesman. To me, that says it's all about the QB throwing to them making them seem better than they are - Favre or Rodgers.

So if you want to paint a fine line between "fine" and "strength", yes, I thought we were fine with Davante, Lazard, Valdez-Scantling, and St. Brown coming back even before the season, and I'll upgrade that to "strength" now, Strength being defined as maybe top 5 or so in the league.

run pMc
09-29-2020, 01:08 PM
IIRC Tex has been saying that we are good enough at WR. I don't recall him saying it was a weakness or a strength necessary, but good enough to get the job done. So far, he's been right.

IMO they are exceeding expectations so far.

I was one who was in favor of drafting 1-2 WR's; I figured Adams isn't getting any younger and after him it's a lot of hoping. Lazard seemed pretty good last year and I figured he'd be at least a solid #3. Signing Begelton and Funchess somewhat mitigated the WR draft issue, but I'd still like to see them get more young talent in the pipeline to develop. While you can find the occasional diamond in the rough like Lazard, I don't think you can rely on stocking your WR room with UDFAs...they still need to occasionally spend some draft capital on a WR. They did that 3 years ago, but they need to do it again. The J'Mon Moore pick stings.

It's been proven that you can get pretty far with ok WRs if you have a great QB. Favre and Rodgers have done it...many other QBs have too.
Having stud WRs and a great QB just makes the offense that much more dangerous. I think ultimately that's an argument we all agree on, but harping on it over and over doesn't really accomplish anything.

Upnorth
09-29-2020, 01:18 PM
My point was not to harp but find out where we are now fromyour observation actions. Text said top 5.
Im more top 10 with h Adams. Maybe top 7 but I want more consistency from mvs and just more time to review lizard.
My biggest take away though is we are better than expected

GB-Brandon
09-29-2020, 01:25 PM
We are a forgiving group here. I will take it easy on you if you become rational and a valuable poster. However if you continue to pretend you though Lazard was anything other than the shit that you called him all offseason I will call you clown shoes.

I admit I was wrong about the WR room. Lazard and MVS have turned out to be very valuable weapons. Hell, even sans Adams the WR did a stellar job against a good Saints defense. I would still like one more solid WR on the roster, but a team can't have everything. What a great start for the offense that I thought would be handicapped by lack of WR talent and instead has broken every 3 week record like ever in history. VIVA LA PACKERS. Rodgers is playing great and its a great time to be a packers fan!!!

If you posted something like that we would all gain a lot of respect for you. But instead you try to pretend you were on the Lazard wagon and the only issue you had was our #4 WR.

Since you refuse to let it die.

Per PFF

Devante Adams 80.4

Allen Lazard 67.7

Tyler Ervin 62.9

Darrius Shepherd 55.5

MVS 53.9

Malik Taylor NG

I see two receivers that have proven they can be trusted. Adams and Lazard. Ervin isn’t an every down weapon. MVS more of the one trick pony that is exactly what i projected. If i missed the mark on anyone it was Lazard being able to make more explosive plays down field which i did not account for. This is a good thing. However; I still don’t believe this receiving Corp is built for a 16 game schedule plus a playoff run. Have I been wrong for 3 games? Sure!! I’ll take it. I will post for the last time that i believe they need to add someone else to the rotation for good measure. Especially if St. Brown isn’t going to pan out.

As far as “You Can’t Have it All” is total Bullshit!! Go tell that to the Chiefs!! Once again it’s a “Willingness”. The Packers made other decisions they deemed more important!!

GB-Brandon
09-29-2020, 01:36 PM
Aaron Rodgers PFF 95.6

Let’s not fool ourselves here!!!!

GB-Brandon
09-29-2020, 01:39 PM
You put Ryan Tannehill in this offense and all these “Great Receivers” you think you have die a “Slow Death”

GB-Brandon
09-29-2020, 01:42 PM
But I’m sure someone will tell me that PFF is full of crap and Rodgers rating is too high and Lazard’s and MVS’s should be higher!! LOL

GB-Brandon
09-29-2020, 01:43 PM
People deserve Jordan Love!!!!!

Bottom line!!!!!

GB-Brandon
09-29-2020, 01:44 PM
Part of me can’t wait till they get it!!!

Yep, sell the house. There will be no more Super Bowls!!!

SudsMcBucky
09-29-2020, 02:21 PM
People deserve Jordan Love!!!!!

Bottom line!!!!!

You're preaching to the wrong choir on this song. I don't recall ONE Packerrats poster in "love" with the pick.

Upnorth
09-29-2020, 02:29 PM
You're preaching to the wrong choir on this song. I don't recall ONE Packerrats poster in "love" with the pick.

Sweet pun. Also I think you are rendering it right.

GB-Brandon
09-29-2020, 02:41 PM
Oh no! There was people trying to defend the pick etc etc saying “We’re so loaded we don’t need anybody else”. “Rodgers is regressing”, “This Is how we roll”, “Part of me wants Rodgers Gone” etc etc etc etc. Just a combination of a lot of nonsense and denial that I don’t even care to even dig up. There was definitely people defending Gute though one way or another and even some excitement over the pick. I really don’t care to re-live it.

Yet people want to hold me down to the fire over this receiver thing like it’s life or death because Allen Lazard had a good game! The clear story here is Rodgers is playing like an MVP QB and Mercedes Lewis is catching TD passes!!! All I’m saying is you gotta keep the machine going and if you get all the way down to Darrius Shepherd it might Fucken stop!!!

call_me_ishmael
09-29-2020, 02:51 PM
Brandon homie can you just condense your posts to 1/10th as much? For real. This is a miserable place with you spamming every fucking thread.

GB-Brandon
09-29-2020, 02:56 PM
Brandon homie can you just condense your posts to 1/10th as much? For real. This is a miserable place with you spamming every fucking thread.

Don’t worry. I’m getting ready to stop posting period. Tired of this shit!!!!

Bunch of double talk bullshit!

GB-Brandon
09-29-2020, 03:35 PM

Where is your big “formal apology or confession” for basically having second thoughts about Aaron Rodgers and basically thinking the Packers should move in a different direction?

I’m a very forgiving person. Geez!!!

texaspackerbacker
09-29-2020, 03:46 PM
I'll settle for top 7, upnorth - until St. Brown comes back anyway. If he plays up to expectations and/or Malik Turner amounts to much, then maybe top 5. I was all for going to 4 and even 5 WR sets and de-emphasizing TEs. Now, though, with Tonyan getting good and Sternberger showing signs of not being a big nothing, that might be less necessary.

Brandon, I'm just as negative about the content of your posts as a lot of others in here. I'm not, however, opposed to your style or the plethora of posts like a lot of others are. The place would be pretty dead without it. I've never put anybody on "ignore" - I don't even know how to do that. Anybody not liking anybody else's posting can either compete with it or just shut up and manually ignore you.

sharpe1027
09-29-2020, 05:51 PM
I'll settle for top 7, upnorth - until St. Brown comes back anyway. If he plays up to expectations and/or Malik Turner amounts to much, then maybe top 5. I was all for going to 4 and even 5 WR sets and de-emphasizing TEs. Now, though, with Tonyan getting good and Sternberger showing signs of not being a big nothing, that might be less necessary.

Brandon, I'm just as negative about the content of your posts as a lot of others in here. I'm not, however, opposed to your style or the plethora of posts like a lot of others are. The place would be pretty dead without it. I've never put anybody on "ignore" - I don't even know how to do that. Anybody not liking anybody else's posting can either compete with it or just shut up and manually ignore you.

Each to his own. I can use the automatic ignore feature and mention how much I like it. If you don't like me saying so, you can take your own advice and manually ignore me.

GB-Brandon
09-29-2020, 05:54 PM

Yeah, I suppose I could start posting pictures of my dogs and other things?

GB-Brandon
09-29-2020, 06:07 PM

The thing is I’ve never complained one time about anybody’s posting style or number of posts or whatever etc etc. I may think what their saying is crazy or whatever but I’ve never viciously attacked anyone on here. Now i might of bit back a few times. If anyone has been challenged multiple times or ganged up on in this forum it’s been me. If people wanna be “WEAK” then let them be “WEAK”. Rather not waste my time with them anyways.

sharpe1027
09-29-2020, 06:22 PM
The WRs have benefited greatly from an improved Rodgers relative to the past few years. They've also shown an ability to get themseles open, making it easier for Rodgers. It's a team sport, and you can't completely separate play of a particular group.

GB-Brandon
09-29-2020, 06:29 PM
The WRs have benefited greatly from an improved Rodgers relative to the past few years. They've also shown an ability to get themseles open, making it easier for Rodgers. It's a team sport, and you can't completely separate play of a particular group.

It is. I’ve been impressed with the offensive line too and picking up blitzes. It’s A cumulative effect of several things. I’d agree.

Everything is just clicking right now.

RashanGary
09-30-2020, 08:43 AM
Defenses scheme to stop Adams because he’s so productive.
They scheme to prevent the deep ball because it’s so effective and back breaking
They scheme to stop the run because if they didn’t we’d have 12 minute drives ending in 7 all game long and that is the absolute worst thing for any defense to give up because by games end, they’re so tired they just cave and coordinators know that.

After that, something has to give. And it’s those shallow routes to the TEs. It doesn’t take much for a guy to run open, catch an easy pass and take if for 12.

RashanGary
09-30-2020, 09:08 AM
If anything, the 2020 Packers is showing people who believe it takes 4 or 5 deep at the WR position, that with a run game, there are other ways to have a truly legendary offense.

Upnorth
09-30-2020, 09:09 AM
After the first 3 games of the season it has become clear to me that while we could use another receiver what is of much more importance and deserves a 44 page thread is dl and ilb. That is how we will lose games that is our true weakness. That is what we should have drafted instead if love.

SudsMcBucky
09-30-2020, 09:14 AM
After the first 3 games of the season it has become clear to me that while we could use another receiver what is of much more importance and deserves a 44 page thread is dl and ilb. That is how we will lose games that is our true weakness. That is what we should have drafted instead if love.

When I heard the Pack traded up, I wasn't thinking WR. I really thought they moved up to get Patrick Queen.

RashanGary
09-30-2020, 09:17 AM
After the first 3 games of the season it has become clear to me that while we could use another receiver what is of much more importance and deserves a 44 page thread is do and ilb. That is how we will lose games that is our true weakness. That is what we should have drafted instead if love.

Loves career is yet to be spoken for. But yes, this is much more of a concern than davante Adams, lazard and 83.

Joemailman
09-30-2020, 09:31 AM
Rodgers passer rating when targeting Lazard is 157.1. That is the highest rating in the NFL for any receiver with 10 or more targets. Lazard has 13 catches. 2 for TD's. 11 for 1st downs. So there have been no inconsequential catches.

Passer rating when targeting Adams is 140.0. That is 6th for receivers with 10 or more targets. Adams has 17 catches. 2 for TD's. 10 for 1st downs.

Passer rating when throwing to Tonyan is 145.3. That is the highest among TE's although that's only on 8 targets. Highest rating with 10 or more targets Jordan Akins at 136.3.

Joemailman
09-30-2020, 09:39 AM
When I heard the Pack traded up, I wasn't thinking WR. I really thought they moved up to get Patrick Queen.

I thought the same thing. Ravens probably did as well.

GB-Brandon
09-30-2020, 03:06 PM

This is fine but the defense is more then one piece short. There was a “Sum of Mistakes” made in completing the process. Burks was chased by drooling over an RAS chart. His tape clearly didn’t match. It went further sideways with the Gary pick where they should of taken Jeffery Simmons and matched him next to KC. Then it was compounded with the trade up for Savage where they could of sat pat and got Juan Thornhill who I believe is a better fit for this defense. This year if they went ILB I liked Jordyn Brooks better who had 91.3 run grade last year in college at Texas Tech who the Seahawks took. I suppose Queen would of been okay but I prefer Brooks.

I do expect Kamal Martin to help which was a good pick by Gute when he is able to come back.

So when i look at all of this I would rather complete the offense with the one remaining piece rather then just try to plug a hole in a defense where the vision got twisted yet again in building it.

GB-Brandon
09-30-2020, 03:14 PM
Both Jefferson and Aiyuk have been key contributors for their teams thus far. There had been no doubt about it.

GB-Brandon
09-30-2020, 03:16 PM
Aiyuk on that pitch play in this offense and slant plays over the middle with corner routes would be lethal!!!

Even Wide Receiver screens!!

GB-Brandon
09-30-2020, 03:17 PM
Nobody can sit here and tell me our offense wouldn’t be more explosive with either of those guys!!!

Zool
09-30-2020, 03:20 PM
Listen....clown shoes....You are literally driving people away with these posts. This is not a maybe thing, it's a for sure thing. If you want this board to die, keep on posting about something of which no one can do anything about. Until you have a job with the Packers, you are powerless. You're just standing there pissing into the wind. Go do something else with your life. This is insane.

GB-Brandon
09-30-2020, 03:24 PM
If we had Jeffery Simmons next to Kenny Clark with Jordyn Brooks and Kamal Martin Running clean then I would be excited and jacked up about this defense.

Unfortunately, we’re not even close to that!!

GB-Brandon
09-30-2020, 03:26 PM
Listen....clown shoes....You are literally driving people away with these posts. This is not a maybe thing, it's a for sure thing. If you want this board to die, keep on posting about something of which no one can do anything about. Until you have a job with the Packers, you are powerless. You're just standing there pissing into the wind. Go do something else with your life. This is insane.

Well what’s the difference with someone saying we should of drafted Queen?

It’s a total double standard?

Sounds like Donald Trump last night!!!

GB-Brandon
09-30-2020, 03:28 PM
People can impose there will and bully and i have to agree with it.

Got it!!

Zool
09-30-2020, 03:34 PM
Well what’s the difference with someone saying we should of drafted Queen?

It’s a total double standard?

Sounds like Donald Trump last night!!!

You mean SHOULD HAVE DRAFTED QUEEN. FFS man. The difference is, you have said all of the same things 6000 times over the last 5 months. Just fucking stop.

Zool
09-30-2020, 03:34 PM
People can impose there will and bully and i have to agree with it.

Got it!!

THEIR WILL

GB-Brandon
09-30-2020, 03:36 PM
If it isn’t about critical thought and “the why” and “the how” and it’s just gonna be a bunch “atta boy homerism” then it’s not worth my time anyways.

I resign.

Go have A Party!!!

Upnorth
09-30-2020, 03:55 PM
This is fine but the defense is more then one piece short. There was a “Sum of Mistakes” made in completing the process. Burks was chased by drooling over an RAS chart. His tape clearly didn’t match. It went further sideways with the Gary pick where they should of taken Jeffery Simmons and matched him next to KC. Then it was compounded with the trade up for Savage where they could of sat pat and got Juan Thornhill who I believe is a better fit for this defense. This year if they went ILB I liked Jordyn Brooks better who had 91.3 run grade last year in college at Texas Tech who the Seahawks took. I suppose Queen would of been okay but I prefer Brooks.

I do expect Kamal Martin to help which was a good pick by Gute when he is able to come back.

So when i look at all of this I would rather complete the offense with the one remaining piece rather then just try to plug a hole in a defense where the vision got twisted yet again in building it.

I see what you are saying and while I agree one piece will not fix the d, one more wr would not guarantee we have that much b etter of an o. I think a tackle for the future to replace bak makes substantially more sense than another wr given what we have seen thus far. I did want a wr at draft time but now I see ot, nt and ilb are all places of much greater need than wr. Even apb's precious Metcalf (who I think is a future allpro) would have less impact on this team than someone to stop the dam run.

Zool
09-30-2020, 03:55 PM
If it isn’t about critical thought and “the why” and “the how” and it’s just gonna be a bunch “atta boy homerism” then it’s not worth my time anyways.

I resign.

Go have A Party!!!

Should "of" happened a long time ago.

GB-Brandon
09-30-2020, 04:09 PM
I see what you are saying and while I agree one piece will not fix the d, one more wr would not guarantee we have that much b etter of an o. I think a tackle for the future to replace bak makes substantially more sense than another wr given what we have seen thus far. I did want a wr at draft time but now I see ot, nt and ilb are all places of much greater need than wr. Even apb's precious Metcalf (who I think is a future allpro) would have less impact on this team than someone to stop the dam run.

Sorry dude. I can’t deal with all JackAss’s and constant bullying and whining like little bitches on here.

Peace!!!

bobblehead
10-04-2020, 10:09 PM
I Completed my evaluation of the Seahawks today and as far as I am concerned you can take them off the list. They aren't winning no Super Bowl this year and probably won't even make the playoffs. Big drop off this year for Seattle and I have them finishing 3rd in their division.

I miss Clown Shoes. He needs to come back.

run pMc
10-05-2020, 09:13 AM

to see what crow there will be to eat? Let's list them Peter King style

(1 ) As posted elsewhere, SEA at 4-0 has an 82% probability of making the playoffs... and don't forget, they expanded it to 7 teams per conference.

(2 ) Lazard was -- with very small sample size - the most efficient WR in the league. He was turning into a solid #2 -- beyond my expectations, and with increased talent at RB/WR (and thus less reliance on WR).

(C ) GB's offense starting the season at a blistering if not historic pace.

(4.ii) Zool et al., pointing out the misspellings and grammar errors.

RashanGary
10-05-2020, 10:36 AM
I saw a porn once where an asian girl was crying after, saying, ”you destroyed my butt”

Brandon is the antithesis of that. His got turned inside out but he's pretending it doesn't bother him :lol:

Maybe instead of clown shoes, we can call him ”contented yet prolapsed anus.”

Joemailman
10-05-2020, 10:53 AM
It's all Gute's fault. Had some good discussions with Brandon in he run up to the draft. Then on draft day, Gute drafted Love and didn't draft a wide receiver. Brandon kind of lost his mind. A tragic tale, really.

texaspackerbacker
10-05-2020, 11:46 AM
I hadn't noticed he was gone hahahahaha.

Guiness
10-05-2020, 12:09 PM

Just looked at his post count and saw it's only 1700. I swear those were all done in the past 14 days, I figured he had at least 10K posts at the rate he's going.

Guiness
10-05-2020, 12:21 PM

I'm not as sold on Metcalf. I think he's a talent, but don't think he will hold up. Reminds me of David Boston - well maybe that's not right because he was a steroid problem and I don't think there's any indication of that with Metcalf. Maybe a more athletic Marques Colston? He lit it up for a few years but faded.

Guiness
10-05-2020, 12:36 PM

if you say his name two more times I reserve the right to punch
https://www.reddit.com/r/beetlejuicing/

SudsMcBucky
10-05-2020, 12:38 PM
I'm not as sold on Metcalf. I think he's a talent, but don't think he will hold up. Reminds me of David Boston - well maybe that's not right because he was a steroid problem and I don't think there's any indication of that with Metcalf. Maybe a more athletic Marques Colston? He lit it up for a few years but faded.

That was the main concern I had with Metcalf coming out of the draft. He just looked to me like he was completely roided up based on his build and didn't want to get stuck with another player that had to quit them once joining the NFL. We've seen how that played out before.

bobblehead
10-05-2020, 12:59 PM
It's all Gute's fault. Had some good discussions with Brandon in he run up to the draft. Then on draft day, Gute drafted Love and didn't draft a wide receiver. Brandon kind of lost his mind. A tragic tale, really.

Look, we all flip out, call someone a name and act like an ass at some point. You own it and move on. Brandon can be a poster we all interact with, but his a) Government sized over reaction and b) refusal to admit he was wrong, kind of ruined him.

run pMc
10-05-2020, 04:39 PM
That was the main concern I had with Metcalf coming out of the draft. He just looked to me like he was completely roided up based on his build and didn't want to get stuck with another player that had to quit them once joining the NFL. We've seen how that played out before.

The injury history, specifically the neck injury, worried me. Also, his agility numbers were not great. Seemed like a straight line burner, and you can find those lower. He'd have been terrible in a M3 offense, maybe a little better fit with MLF. He's a good fit for SEA's deep play action passing.
He has also surprised with better route running than I expected him to have at this point in his career.

I also thought of him as another David Boston type. I am not completely sold on him, but as a mid/late R2 pick he's turned out to be decent so far.

Bretsky
10-05-2020, 08:53 PM

Have you watched him a lot this year ? He looks like a beast

Guiness
10-05-2020, 09:47 PM
Have you watched him a lot this year ? He looks like a beast

Agree 100%, he's lighting it up right now, I don't think it will continue.

RashanGary
10-05-2020, 10:52 PM
That one might take a minute to heal.

RashanGary
10-05-2020, 10:57 PM
Adams back after bye. Six more games without lizard. Looking good.

RashanGary
10-05-2020, 11:00 PM
Adams
Big Bob
MVS

Jones
Williams

Stergberger
Mercedes
Dillon
Shep
Taylor

I think 12 and company can make an offense hum until lizard is back

bobblehead
10-06-2020, 08:59 AM
Ya think Flower left Adams inactive to make a point? I doubt he would risk a game over it, but if one wanted to prove to their QB that you can move the ball in this offense with a variety of weapons I would say the last 2 weeks made the point. Or maybe he did it just to show Brandon that he knew what he was doing all along.

call_me_ishmael
10-06-2020, 09:22 AM
I can't remember where I heard it but I think it was on the local news after the game that the Packers offense is on a historic pace not matched by any team ever. Pretty cool, although still very early obviously. It is definitely looking like many of us, myself included, under-estimated what we had and the ability to scheme peeps open.

Matt LaFleur seems like a really good coach to my untrained eye.

RashanGary
10-06-2020, 09:23 AM
Ya think Flower left Adams inactive to make a point? I doubt he would risk a game over it, but if one wanted to prove to their QB that you can move the ball in this offense with a variety of weapons I would say the last 2 weeks made the point. Or maybe he did it just to show Brandon that he knew what he was doing all along.

Definitely not. 12 is a good guy. Hard headed but you don’t have to make points like that. Conversations work. The 4 minute offense is beautiful. It used to be a dick measuring contest where fat mike had to prove that he could run the ball to finish a game. And now it’s an, “exploit whatever risks the defense is taking” 4 minute offense. Similar to patriots over all of these years, the best team with a lead I’ve ever seen (patriots that is).

But we’re looking like that kind of offense now! So that’s good!

Zool
10-06-2020, 09:31 AM
The 4 minute offense is beautiful. It used to be a dick measuring contest where fat mike had to prove that he could run the ball to finish a game. And now it’s an, “exploit whatever risks the defense is taking” 4 minute offense.

This nails my feelings on the O this year and even some of last year. Fat Mike always wanted to impose his will on the other team. Show them that they can't stop what we want to do. That's just stupid. If they aren't good at stopping something, do that thing. Flower having Rodgers is sometimes making this team play 3D chess against a D playing checkers.

Having 2 backs who can catch like Williams and Jones is basically a running play with Rodgers at QB.

Also, was Rodgers still hurt last season? His accuracy was suspect in quite a few games last year. This year, he is ridiculously accurate. Even the throws he "misses" are still catchable.

Joemailman
10-06-2020, 09:35 AM
It's fun watching an offense that regards backs as weapons in the passing game instead of just safety valves. This offense is starting to look a lot like the 49ers last year. If healthy, could be better though because of Rodgers over Jimmy G.

Joemailman
10-06-2020, 09:39 AM
This nails my feelings on the O this year and even some of last year. Fat Mike always wanted to impose his will on the other team. Show them that they can't stop what we want to do. That's just stupid. If they aren't good at stopping something, do that thing. Flower having Rodgers is sometimes making this team play 3D chess against a D playing checkers.

Having 2 backs who can catch like Williams and Jones is basically a running play with Rodgers at QB.

Also, was Rodgers still hurt last season? His accuracy was suspect in quite a few games last year. This year, he is ridiculously accurate. Even the throws he "misses" are still catchable.

I think Rodgers was healthy last year. I just think his footwork was terrible. I suspect going back and looking at 2010 film made him realize that.

RashanGary
10-06-2020, 10:10 AM
I think Rodgers was healthy last year. I just think his footwork was terrible. I suspect going back and looking at 2010 film made him realize that.

Early in the season some of the meeting with the broadcast groups, they talked about how Rodgers worked on getting his lower body stronger after all of the leg injuries over the years. Rodgers talked a little bit about it in the press conferences too. It was in relation to what he changed to make his game more like when he was at his peak.

I suspect he has lingering strength loss from all of the injuries over the years. He did squats and more weighted work to get back close to 100. I also suspect he focused a little on fundamentals but he’s a little secretive about some of that because it’s his tricks for being the best and doesn’t want to help anyone. He just suptly says he changes some things but won’t get into it.

texaspackerbacker
10-06-2020, 10:56 AM

I think it was out of not so subtle disrespect for the Falcons.

run pMc
10-06-2020, 11:23 AM

Agree 100%.
His footwork and fundamentals look much better to my untrained eye. He still makes ridiculous throws sometimes, but I've seen a better effort to get his feet set, shoulders square, etc.
I've also noticed he's better this year on getting the ball out quickly and on rhythm. There's much less running around the sandlot than 3 seasons ago. Part of that is scheme, part of that is the QB.

Also -- he's throwing into the middle of the field more.

Finally, Lazard + Tonyan >>> Allison + Graham. They were so bad that one could argue MVS + Lewis > Allison + Graham.

gbgary
10-06-2020, 11:59 AM
it's about the system. the system doesn't require elite wr's or qb's...although having those is a big plus. again...it's about the system...and the system is working great! everyone involved, everywhere on the field. the versatility these guys have (rb's, te's, wr's) is a key factor.

Guiness
10-06-2020, 03:03 PM
So have we decided if we're concerned about WRs or not? Asking because Mohamed Sanu is an FA again after being released by SF when Deebo came back.

Have to think he's done, I wonder what happened there. He is 31, just slowed down maybe?

Joemailman
10-06-2020, 03:32 PM
I think Sanu's probably done. With Adams coming back, I think Packers are okay. At whatever point they get Lazard and ESB back I think they'll be better than average.

run pMc
10-07-2020, 11:48 AM
So have we decided if we're concerned about WRs or not? Asking because Mohamed Sanu is an FA again after being released by SF when Deebo came back.

Have to think he's done, I wonder what happened there. He is 31, just slowed down maybe?

Sanu was never a burner -- IIRC he was a 4.6 guy even at Cincy. He was a crafty runner with good hands and quickness. My guess is he's even slower/less quick now, and SF is stocked with younger, faster, cheaper players. That Sanu hasn't stuck on NE and SF lately doesn't say much positive about his prospects. I think MLF might be able to scheme him some production, but I also think it's more likely they like the guys they have plus Adams/Lazard/EQ will be back soon.

RashanGary
10-07-2020, 12:18 PM
Adams back immediately
Lazard 6 more games max (considering we were 4 without Adams last year, these 6 will go fast)
MVS a clearly improved player. Almost servicable underneath now with elite deep ball talent as a perfect compliment to Adams and Lazard.
Big Bob looks like a solid #4 if not #3 or even 2.

EQ, Swerv, Jones, Williams, and maybe even Jace...... We have a bunch of #5s on the roster. Zero worries about weapons for 12.

bobblehead
10-07-2020, 12:31 PM
it's about the system. the system doesn't require elite wr's or qb's...although having those is a big plus. again...it's about the system...and the system is working great! everyone involved, everywhere on the field. the versatility these guys have (rb's, te's, wr's) is a key factor.

Agree, but will add an obvious point. This is a superior system with a HoF QB. Its almost unfair to have the best system with a now top 3 QB again. Where as I thought Rodgers played top 10 last few years, he is back to top 3 this year, and that coupled with top system...well, 4-0 speaks for itself. Oh, and throw in top 7-8 RB and top 5 WR when healthy.

Anti-Polar Bear
10-07-2020, 12:33 PM

Not completely true.

Mike Sherman’s son-in-law also runs a carbon copy of the Shanahan-McVay offense, and he hasn’t won shit with the system.

It’s mostly about the players, especially the QBs. The Ninners were a bottom feeder the year ‘Polo was on the IR. Went to the Orange Bowl the next year.

texaspackerbacker
10-07-2020, 02:03 PM
The fact is, it's all about Aaron Rodgers.

gbgary
10-07-2020, 04:14 PM

they're only now running the system because rodgers finally bought-in. last years passing mess wasn't the system. it was the WCO that rodgers was clinging to. this system schemes players open and requires an arm to get it there on time. rodgers always had the arm...he just didn't want to run it. he's running it now and it works great. every once in a while rodgers can't fight the urge to hold it and it shoots the wheels off the play. almost got him hurt. he's using the middle of the field now...where TE's make their living. he's throwing to guys only marginally open again. last year he'd ignore it. the buy-in came a year late but at least it happened. it will buy him another year in GB (2021).

gbgary
10-07-2020, 04:28 PM
Not completely true.

Mike Sherman’s son-in-law also runs a carbon copy of the Shanahan-McVay offense, and he hasn’t won shit with the system.

It’s mostly about the players, especially the QBs. The Ninners were a bottom feeder the year ‘Polo was on the IR. Went to the Orange Bowl the next year.

garapolo isn't elite, neither is goff, or matt ryan now. the qb doesn't have to be. winning shit isn't always about offense either. D matters. injuries, luck, matchups, weather, etc.
rodgers is benefitting from the system and the team is benefitting from his buy-in. he looks great out there again.

bobblehead
10-08-2020, 08:22 AM

The fact is that when you have a HoF QB its MOSTLY about him. Not all though. If it was all about Rodgers what happened the last 4-5 years?

Don't turn into Brandon on us Tex. Rodgers is the most important player on the field, not the only player on the field.

texaspackerbacker
10-08-2020, 11:05 AM
I was that way long before Brandon came along. The difference, though, is I don't knock the team in general (with a couple of exceptions hahahaha), and I certainly don't foresee negative outcomes for the Packers.

Yes, I will agree, though, ALL is hyperbole. A very strong MOSTLY, though, is really accurate.

sharpe1027
10-09-2020, 04:32 PM
I was that way long before Brandon came along. The difference, though, is I don't knock the team in general (with a couple of exceptions hahahaha), and I certainly don't foresee negative outcomes for the Packers.

Yes, I will agree, though, ALL is hyperbole. A very strong MOSTLY, though, is really accurate.

So surrounding him with offensive talent is a low ROI. They should focus almost entirely on drafting and signing players for the defense.

Sparkey
10-09-2020, 07:51 PM
Begelton signed back to the practice squad. After getting some game play, a feel for the speed of the nfl, will be interesting to see how/if that helps him out it all together.

KYPack
10-09-2020, 08:49 PM
Begelton signed back to the practice squad. After getting some game play, a feel for the speed of the nfl, will be interesting to see how/if that helps him out it all together.

Do people think he is a special guy or somethin'?

Joemailman
10-09-2020, 09:16 PM
Do people think he is a special guy or somethin'?

Maple sucking moose humpers do.

Upnorth
10-09-2020, 09:51 PM
Maple sucking moose humpers do.

While I do like to suck on some maple syrup from time to time (pancakes fn rule boyz) we don't hump moose. Those things will fuck you up. Very few animals are more dangerous. But man they taste good. Best wild meat imo.

Also i want bagelman to succeed with the pack just so the stamps don't get him back. And don't you forget it you butter guzzling bald eagle raper

run pMc
10-11-2020, 05:49 PM
So surrounding him with offensive talent is a low ROI. They should focus almost entirely on drafting and signing players for the defense.

I'm going to assume this is sarcasm.
They should draft BPA of course ;)

sharpe1027
10-11-2020, 09:24 PM
I'm going to assume this is sarcasm.
They should draft BPA of course ;)

If we assume the success of the offense is almost entirely about Rodgers and not how good the rest of the players might be, that leads to the crazy logic in my post.

Rodgers is having a good year because of the quality of the players around him, not despite the quality. Having quality in the offensive huddle makes a big difference.

Fosco33
10-12-2020, 10:40 AM
Why did we let this guy go in camp?

Travis Fulgham's last two months:
* August 9th: waived by the Lions
* August 10th: claimed by Packers
* August 19th: waived by the Packers
* August 20th: claimed by the Eagles
* October 4th: catches game-winning TD
* October 11th: 10 catches, 152 yards, 1 TD and counting

run pMc
10-12-2020, 11:07 AM
If we assume the success of the offense is almost entirely about Rodgers and not how good the rest of the players might be, that leads to the crazy logic in my post.

Rodgers is having a good year because of the quality of the players around him, not despite the quality. Having quality in the offensive huddle makes a big difference.

I certainly think an above-average QB makes a huge difference, and can carry the surrounding players. I 100% agree having quality surrounding players makes a difference. Bahk > Marshmellow, Jordy > MVS, etc. They do need to draft some more talent to help Rodgers.

I also think they need some help on D, but there are some who think TT/Gute have spent a lot of high round draft capital on defense and it hasn't paid the expected dividends.
Since 2015 they've spent R1 & R2 picks on Randall, Rollins, Kenny Clark, King, Josh Jones, Jaire, Jackson, Gary, and Savage.
The only offensive players picked in 1st two rounds during that time were Spriggs, Jenkins, Love, and Dillon.

Patler
10-12-2020, 11:25 AM
Why did we let this guy go in camp?

Travis Fulgham's last two months:
* August 9th: waived by the Lions
* August 10th: claimed by Packers
* August 19th: waived by the Packers
* August 20th: claimed by the Eagles
* October 4th: catches game-winning TD
* October 11th: 10 catches, 152 yards, 1 TD and counting

One of the problems with the preseason held this year. The Packers never had much of a chance to evaluate him. They only had him for a week, and let him go when they needed roster spots for players coming off the "covid-hold" list.

Freak Out
10-12-2020, 11:50 AM
While I do like to suck on some maple syrup from time to time (pancakes fn rule boyz) we don't hump moose. Those things will fuck you up. Very few animals are more dangerous. But man they taste good. Best wild meat imo.

Also i want bagelman to succeed with the pack just so the stamps don't get him back. And don't you forget it you butter guzzling bald eagle raper

Here in Alaska moose kill more people than the bears do.

sharpe1027
10-12-2020, 02:13 PM
I certainly think an above-average QB makes a huge difference, and can carry the surrounding players. I 100% agree having quality surrounding players makes a difference. Bahk > Marshmellow, Jordy > MVS, etc. They do need to draft some more talent to help Rodgers.

I also think they need some help on D, but there are some who think TT/Gute have spent a lot of high round draft capital on defense and it hasn't paid the expected dividends.
Since 2015 they've spent R1 & R2 picks on Randall, Rollins, Kenny Clark, King, Josh Jones, Jaire, Jackson, Gary, and Savage.
The only offensive players picked in 1st two rounds during that time were Spriggs, Jenkins, Love, and Dillon.
I agree with the general sentiment that a QB can have the most impact of any other position, but success or failure is too often attributed solely to the QB. The difference between Rodgers with a great supporting cast and Rodgers on a crap team is meaningful. I'd say Rodgers on a team with mediocre support would be a worse offense than a fair number of QBs who instead had a really good supporting cast. Put them all on equal footing and I think Rodgers might be the best, with only a couple in consideration.

run pMc
10-13-2020, 12:01 PM
If you believe this, Chase Claypool might have been on their wish list in R2.
https://www.acmepackingcompany.com/nfl-draft-2020-packers/2020/10/13/21513031/packers-bank-on-receiver-depth-but-questions-linger-about-draft

I agree the MLF offense doesn't require stud WRs nearly as much as MM's, but I think they need to look at continually improving the receiving talent and hope they draft a WR.

HarveyWallbangers
10-13-2020, 12:48 PM
ESB back in the mix. Hopefully, he's fully healthy. I'm excited to see what he can bring. He's a good fit for LaFleur's offense -- even though he was drafted before the coaching hire.

run pMc
10-13-2020, 01:08 PM
Yeah, I liked the ESB pick at the time and am hopeful he can recover from his injuries and be productive. The clock is ticking though - he's been hurt more than he's played at this point, and I worry his development will be affected.
I think he could be better than MVS; a faster Lazard even. Several things have to go his way for that to happen.

theeaterofshades
10-13-2020, 01:29 PM

Best steak I've ever had was moose. It is #1 on my dream hunt list.

theeaterofshades
10-13-2020, 01:31 PM
Thought on his brother Amon-Ra St Brown coming out of USC next draft. He is one I would target

Upnorth
10-13-2020, 02:11 PM
Best steak I've ever had was moose. It is #1 on my dream hunt list.

We have a couple that like to stare I've the fence at my sheep. Dumb looking but graceful animals.

texaspackerbacker
10-13-2020, 03:59 PM
Has St. Brown been practicing this week? Or is this just speculation? I too hope he is back and healthy.

Joemailman
10-13-2020, 04:40 PM
Has St. Brown been practicing this week? Or is this just speculation? I too hope he is back and healthy.

He practiced yesterday. Today is day off.

RashanGary
10-15-2020, 12:19 AM
Lizard inching closer to a return as well!

Joemailman
10-15-2020, 12:55 AM
ESB is not listed on the injury report.

RashanGary
10-15-2020, 09:08 AM
ESB is not listed on the injury report.

Neither is kamal Martin. Probably the IR players practicing in the 3 week to return window, by rule, don’t have to be listed

Joemailman
10-15-2020, 09:15 AM
Neither is kamal Martin. Probably the IR players practicing in the 3 week to return window, by rule, don’t have to be listed

You're right, because they're not on the roster as of now.

Joemailman
10-21-2020, 12:24 PM
Packers lose a wide receiver!

Matt Zenitz
@mzenitz
Source: The Washington Football Team is expected to sign former Alabama wide receiver Robert Foster.

Will be signed to the team's active roster. He'd spent the beginning part of this season on the Packers practice squad after two seasons with the Bills.
8:10 PM · Oct 20, 2020

GB-Brandon
10-21-2020, 12:28 PM
Robert Foster is a guy I thought they would of brought up over Shepherd. Very talented player that played at Bama. He was the no.1 receiver coming out of high school. Had a little tape at Buffalo. Better then what Shepherd has ever put out there. Very confusing to me to say the least why he didn’t get a chance.

GB-Brandon
10-21-2020, 12:33 PM
We’re getting ready to die the slow death of what I talked about coming into the season as this group of weapons was not set up to endure a 16 game schedule. It’s run the ball or bust!!! If teams can shut our run game down and make us one dimensional then we’re stuck in the mud with the supporting cast remaining left in place.

Upnorth
10-21-2020, 12:59 PM
It's not run or die. It's the possibility of run to scheme open receivers or die for the o. Pre snap motion is the gas line for this offensive (spelled correctly this week) engine

bobblehead
12-14-2020, 11:42 AM
Someone is getting a bit too annoying crowing about his gambling prowess(despite posting a losing record and giving picks that have lost money) and needs a little humility.

SERIOUS CONTENDER UPDATE:

San Francisco Oh my...Brandon doesn't accept excuses and neither do I. This team is an epic failure this year.
Tampa Bay Well, at least they are hanging on to a wildcard birth. Claim to fame...beat non contender Packers.
New Orleans Just decided they like playing on frozen tundra so dropped a game to "serious contender" Eagles.
Dallas Fat mike...hey M3....Is Brandon right? Does a loaded WR room make you a "serious contender"? Asking for a friend.
Philadelphia Not even leading a division where NO ONE has a winning record.

Non serious contender update. Packers have #1 seed. Rams likely to end up with #2 seed. Seattle is tailing off and actually not looking like a serious contender.

bobblehead
12-14-2020, 11:44 AM
https://2.bp.blogspot.com/-fcMIa3cVUr0/UEIwQR-YHkI/AAAAAAAAAu0/CFdekGEtx9A/s1600/Clown-Shoes.jpg

Joemailman
12-14-2020, 12:26 PM
Fraudshow!
https://static.clubs.nfl.com/image/private/t_new_photo_album/f_auto/packers/zbokqfykykbgbljuuyrx.jpg

RashanGary
12-14-2020, 03:40 PM
LOL!!!!!!!

The idea that 23 year old receivers are maxed out and there was going to be no improvement is just weird. How the fuck do people think like that after 30 years of watching guys get better usually into their mid 20s and sometime like Adams even into the late 20s.

HarveyWallbangers
12-14-2020, 03:54 PM
Guys get better, but let's not crown MVS yet. He was just coming off some games with awful drops and his production was plummeting. He may never have another game as efficient as this one.

At this point, he gives us what no other WR on the roster does though. Deep speed.

bobblehead
12-18-2020, 10:28 AM
Guys get better, but let's not crown MVS yet. He was just coming off some games with awful drops and his production was plummeting. He may never have another game as efficient as this one.

At this point, he gives us what no other WR on the roster does though. Deep speed.

MVS is the ultimate roller coaster ride. He showed talent this week in mid range routes and even caught the ball away from his body. I think the coaches (and rodgers) like his work ethic and attitude as they keep going back to him. If Rodgers didn't like the kid someone else would have been getting the reps by now.

He won't ever be Adams, but I am seeing a kind of Will Fuller arc to his career. Hopefully he avoids the juice (or avoids getting caught). Certain posters who are wrong about everything think Fuller is the better player. Meh...fuller is in his 5th year and finally cracked 700 yards for the first time. He is hurt quite often. He drops a lot of passes also. MVS is probably set up for just as good of a career to be honest. His numbers are comparable, he plays through minor injuries, and he is just as productive as Fuller. Again, 2 years behind Fuller in development and looks to be a similar player already.

run pMc
12-18-2020, 02:58 PM
Lazard and MVS are good at their roles. I'd like to see them draft & develop another Davante. His contract is up next year and Father Time will eventually get him.
Also having another player to challenge a defense would make life easier for Rodgers and the rest of the offense.

Will Fuller is better than MVS, when he's on the field. Thing is, he's not on the field nearly as much.
https://stathead.com/football/pcm_finder.cgi?request=1&sum=1&player_id1=ValdMa00&player_id2=FullWi01&p2yrfrom=2016&p2yrto=2018
For his salary, I'm glad Gute didn't trade away a R2 or R3 for half a season of him...suspension or no. The additional production wouldn't be worth the cost, and the bigger problem is on defense.

Fritz
12-19-2020, 12:16 PM

I thought that when they drafted Encyclopedia St.Brown that he had similar speed to MVS. I thought they were kinda twins - tall, rangy, fast, undeveloped.

Was I wrong? I keep waiting for them to send Equanimity St. Brown deep.

Joemailman
12-19-2020, 12:21 PM
MVS was faster in his 40 time. 4.37 to 4.48. 4.48 is more Greg Jennings speed. Above average but not elite

hoosier
12-19-2020, 02:22 PM
Here in Alaska moose kill more people than the bears do.

Here on the continent it's deer.

smuggler
12-19-2020, 03:17 PM
MVS was faster in his 40 time. 4.37 to 4.48. 4.48 is more Greg Jennings speed. Above average but not elite

Yes, but Jennings was a much more dynamic runner. MVS is not really going to juke anyone out of their socks or make those subtle against-the-grain cuts to turn a 12 yard catch into a 62 yard touchdown. Look at what Adams just did against the Leos. That's the kind of stuff those players do, and MVS is not that kind of player.

GB-Brandon
12-21-2020, 02:52 PM
If anyone feels confident in this receiving Corp heading into postseason then it’s “False Confidence.” Remember what i said a long long time ago. This whole thing is going to come down to a 3-8 or a 4-6 etc etc in January.

If you guys think a plethora of “WR Screens” is gonna get it done I want some of what you have in your cup!!!

To me it appears the playbook is “Shrinking” and that’s due to a lack of overall talent!!!!

run pMc
12-21-2020, 05:41 PM
Yes, but Jennings was a much more dynamic runner. MVS is not really going to juke anyone out of their socks or make those subtle against-the-grain cuts to turn a 12 yard catch into a 62 yard touchdown. Look at what Adams just did against the Leos. That's the kind of stuff those players do, and MVS is not that kind of player.

Jennings was a completely different kind of receiver than MVS. Quicker, better hands, better route runner. MVS is more like Corey Bradford than Jennings.
GJ was for late-career Favre/early-Rodgers what Davante is now. They could stand to find another in the draft to develop.

As for the 2020 GB WRs, they've done enough to contribute mightily to a Top 5 DVOA offense. That will get you into the playoffs in most cases. Whether they can stop opposing offenses will be the question.

I'm not a fan of those WR bubble screens - teams have sniffed those out on film at this point.

falco
02-28-2021, 11:14 AM
Average per carry is important, because its usually a good measure of better backs. Its not fool proof and backs can only do so much. But as a pure runner, get me the maximum yards, ypc isn't a bad measure. It tells you Jones is a better runner than Williams, even if Williams has other skills.

But to decide to run on first down at a higher than League average, you either have to outperform the D, hard if they are expecting run (and I don't think the Packers are that great at run blocking) OR you have to really believe in the 2nd down run/pass option you are going to setup to call.

Everyone is expecting more run out of La Fleur with Dillon and Daguerrotype, but I expect more passing out of this offense. Especially passing that is not out of 11 personnel running Rodgers offense. Not because La Fleur is fed up or Rodgers is declining, but because they aren't built for it anymore at WR.

:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

bobblehead
02-28-2021, 11:20 AM
I miss Pb and his stubborn streak. We indeed ran more and more effectively. We prioritized it and it led to a Rodgers MVP season. We abandon it with the Owl on the line and it likely cost us a Lombardi Trophy. You know who didn't abandon the run? Tom Brady. Ever. In his entire career.

RashanGary
02-28-2021, 11:39 AM
I miss Pb and his stubborn streak. We indeed ran more and more effectively. We prioritized it and it led to a Rodgers MVP season. We abandon it with the Owl on the line and it likely cost us a Lombardi Trophy. You know who didn't abandon the run? Tom Brady. Ever. In his entire career.

This is true and while Brady is overrated in some ways, he’s still underrated in others. Guy knows how to attack a defense, including using the run game.

texaspackerbacker
02-28-2021, 12:05 PM
If MVS can get over his drops, I'll take him anytime over Jennings. And I'm betting MVS does get over his drops.

Brady ain't even close to Rodgers in quality for one gigantic reason: tendency to throw interceptions. Using the run is a dubious quality in anybody, and it is almost always on the coach, not the QB, and more specifically, it is based on circumstances. It's stupid to stick with the run if the run ain't working. Passing at least gives a team a puncher's chance if your O Line can't dominate the D.

red
02-28-2021, 06:37 PM
Is anyone else forgetting about funchess?

If he can shake off the rust he becomes our 2nd best wr

texaspackerbacker
02-28-2021, 08:42 PM
Hell no. Funchess at his very best falls way short of Lazard, Valdez-Scantling, probably St. Brown, and maybe even worse than Taylor. Signing Funchess was a mistake. The best thing we can do now is not compound that by keeping him.

call_me_ishmael
02-28-2021, 09:23 PM
If MVS can get over his drops, I'll take him anytime over Jennings. And I'm betting MVS does get over his drops.

Brady ain't even close to Rodgers in quality for one gigantic reason: tendency to throw interceptions. Using the run is a dubious quality in anybody, and it is almost always on the coach, not the QB, and more specifically, it is based on circumstances. It's stupid to stick with the run if the run ain't working. Passing at least gives a team a puncher's chance if your O Line can't dominate the D.

Over Greg Jennings, one of the league's top #1s during his prime? MVS, a guy who wouldn't be better than a #4 or #5 on most rosters in the league??

You understand that when Rodgers got the record for most passes without an INT, he passed Brady, right? https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2810009-packers-aaron-rodgers-breaks-tom-bradys-record-for-most-passes-without-an-int

Bretsky
02-28-2021, 09:42 PM
Over Greg Jennings, one of the league's top #1s during his prime? MVS, a guy who wouldn't be better than a #4 or #5 on most rosters in the league??

Tex, that post was temporary insanity. Greg Jennings was about the best route runner I've seen in Green Bay not named Sterling Sharps and Devante Adams.

texaspackerbacker
03-01-2021, 12:43 AM

You understand that when Rodgers got the record for most passes without an INT, he passed Brady, right? https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2810009-packers-aaron-rodgers-breaks-tom-bradys-record-for-most-passes-without-an-int

5'11" and a 4.48 forty compared to 6'4" and a 4.37 forty. I never had as high an opinion of Jennings as some other people. When he signed with the Vikings, I said good riddance, and I didn't expect him to be worth what they paid him - which he wasn't.

wist43
03-01-2021, 02:28 AM
5'11" and a 4.48 forty compared to 6'4" and a 4.37 forty. I never had as high an opinion of Jennings as some other people. When he signed with the Vikings, I said good riddance, and I didn't expect him to be worth what they paid him - which he wasn't.

Jennings was lightyears better than MVS - no comparison.

Upnorth
03-01-2021, 05:56 AM
Tex I don't know what you are smoking
On the field Jennings had driver as his #2 most of his packers career and nelson as a #3 for a couple years.
Saying you would take mvs over Jennings implies you might say you would take mvs over driver if you follow the logic.

It's nice to talk about wrs in a wr thread btw.

sharpe1027
03-01-2021, 07:35 AM
I was fine with him going because he wanted out and the Vikings overpaid for a small WR on the wrong side of 30.

To be fair, he still led the Vikings in receiving yards. He had Matt Cassel and Christian Ponder throwing him the ball. You think MVS would do well with those clowns throwing him the rock? If so, you just made a great case to get rid of Rodgers...:)

run pMc
03-01-2021, 07:42 AM
Jennings >> MVS as a WR. As a straight line athlete I'd pick MVS, but GJ was a far superior WR.

Look at their numbers -- MVS finally surpassed GJ's rookie yards this year, and if you compare their age 25 or 26 seasons it's not even close. He's #9 on the GB WR list all time with 6500+ yards and 53 TD in 7 seasons. That's a pretty dang good WR.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/J/JennGr00.htm
https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/V/ValdMa00.htm

Zool
03-01-2021, 09:35 AM
I'd take Billy Schroeder over any of them.....also Taco Wallace.

King Friday
03-01-2021, 12:37 PM
Jennings was a way better receiver than MVS... ain't even close. However, the gap between MVS and Jennings is probably less than between Jennings and Adams. Jennings was a very good receiver on a team with Driver and Nelson. Adams is the best receiver in the league... Jennings was never near to that level. If MVS can grab 50 catches a year and get 8-10 TDs, he would be close to Jennings' equal because of the rate deep speed he brings to the offense.

Fritz
03-01-2021, 01:47 PM
My God...I agreed with Tex in this thread that Funchess is a nothing burger, and I agreed with Wist that Jennings is so much better than MVS that it's laughable.

The apocolypse is well nigh.

texaspackerbacker
03-01-2021, 01:52 PM
Tex I don't know what you are smoking
On the field Jennings had driver as his #2 most of his packers career and nelson as a #3 for a couple years.
Saying you would take mvs over Jennings implies you might say you would take mvs over driver if you follow the logic.

It's nice to talk about wrs in a wr thread btw.

I also always thought Donald Driver and later Nelson and even James Jones were better than Jennings. Driver v MVS? Driver was also very athletic although nowhere near as fast. Keep in mind, all you Jennings lovers who disagree, I'm not speaking of MVS as-is. I qualified it by saying IF he stops with the drops, which is really is only shortcoming.

Comparing somebody from the past with somebody from the present is always shaky, but I'm fairly confident that by the time MVS is done, he will be considered as good or better than Jennings.

Zool
03-01-2021, 01:56 PM
My God...I agreed with Tex in this thread that Funchess is a nothing burger, and I agreed with Wist that Jennings is so much better than MVS that it's laughable.

The apocolypse is well nigh.

Well we don't know about Funchess, but if he were fantastic, he would have signed somewhere for more money and years.

MVS being anywhere near Jennings is silly.

These 2 statements are just logic. They don't need analyzation.

Upnorth
03-01-2021, 02:32 PM
I also always thought Donald Driver and later Nelson and even James Jones were better than Jennings. Driver v MVS? Driver was also very athletic although nowhere near as fast. Keep in mind, all you Jennings lovers who disagree, I'm not speaking of MVS as-is. I qualified it by saying IF he stops with the drops, which is really is only shortcoming.

Comparing somebody from the past with somebody from the present is always shaky, but I'm fairly confident that by the time MVS is done, he will be considered as good or better than Jennings.

If he quits the drops he is a game changer. How often does a receiver find there hands in year4?

Bretsky
03-01-2021, 02:44 PM
Jennings iMO was a notch above Driver and Jordy. And to be honest I'm bias'd toward driver as he was about my favorite Packer.

I put a hug value on when your team gets deep in the red zone, which WR can run the great route to get open in short space. That guy was Jennings. Remember the route Antonio Brown ran on us for the TD ? Not many can do that. Jennings had elite route running skills and it was a HUGE loss when he left.

And I think he regrets leaving. He went into Show me the Money mode when GB offered him nearly as much and he had a really really good gig here and was with a winner.

Bretsky
03-01-2021, 02:46 PM
I do hope MVS continues to improve and becomes the solid to stellar #3 option (along with the Lizard) and we get a legit #2 so the two former players I mentioned see the #3 and #4 cover talent form the other team.

sharpe1027
03-01-2021, 02:55 PM

I agree. If in the future MVS becomes a better WR than Jennings already was, he will end up being better than Jennings.

HarveyWallbangers
03-01-2021, 03:59 PM
Ranking the recent Packers WRs is hard--even going back to Antonio Freeman. Before that, James Lofton and Sterling Sharpe were clearly the best since Don Hutson.

My rank of the Packers WRs since Sharpe:

1) Adams
2) Jordy
3a) Jennings
3b) Driver
5) Freeman
6) Cobb
7) Brooks
8) Jones

Javon Walker would probably be in the top 5, if he didn't get greedy and get himself sent packing. Still hard to believe Bill Schroeder had three 900+ yard seasons.

It might be a sacrilege to have Driver ranked so low. He was good, but a bit overrated in team annuls. Jordy had four1250+ yard and three 13+ TD seasons. Driver didn't have one 1250 yard season or even a 10 TD season.

Bretsky
03-01-2021, 05:07 PM
Ranking the recent Packers WRs is hard--even going back to Antonio Freeman. Before that, James Lofton and Sterling Sharpe were clearly the best since Don Hutson.

My rank of the Packers WRs since Sharpe:

1) Adams
2) Jordy
3a) Jennings
3b) Driver
5) Freeman
6) Cobb
7) Brooks
8) Jones

Javon Walker would probably be in the top 5, if he didn't get greedy and get himself sent packing. Still hard to believe Bill Schroeder had three 900+ yard seasons.

It might be a sacrilege to have Driver ranked so low. He was good, but a bit overrated in team annuls. Jordy had four1250+ yard and three 13+ TD seasons. Driver didn't have one 1250 yard season or even a 10 TD season.

I think I might put Jennings over Jordy....but very close.....otherwise I'm right there..........wait...is Cobb really better than Brooks ?

Joemailman
03-01-2021, 06:38 PM
If he quits the drops he is a game changer. How often does a receiver find there hands in year4?

James Jones improved later than that.

Prior to the 2012 season, Jones had been a solid but flawed receiver in his first five years in the NFL. Considering that Jones was usually the third or fourth option in the passing game in those previous seasons, flaws are somewhat expected for a player at his spot on the depth chart. The biggest issue in Jones' game had always been drops. He dropped 20.51 percent of the passes thrown his way in 2009, 10.71 percent in 2010 and 13.64 percent in 2011. But everything changed for Jones in 2012, starting with a drastic improvement in consistency catching the ball, dropping only 4.48 percent.

red
03-01-2021, 07:48 PM
I think I might put Jennings over Jordy....but very close.....otherwise I'm right there..........wait...is Cobb really better than Brooks ?

brooks was better then freeman hands down

injuries destroyed his career just like sharpe

i would go

adams
jennings
jordy
brooks
driver
freeman

jordy and brooks are very close imo

remember brooks almost made us completely forget about sterling sharpe. the year after we lost sterling, brooks put up insane numbers. then came the injuries

texaspackerbacker
03-01-2021, 11:35 PM
Assuming Don Hutson and the Lombardi era WRs and Lofton and maybe Jefferson are left out of the equation, Adams is probably #1. I'd put Sharpe, Freeman, Brooks, Nelson, and Driver in pretty much that order ahead of Jennings, and James Jones about equal with him in terms of overall quality.

HarveyWallbangers
03-02-2021, 02:32 AM
Assuming Don Hutson and the Lombardi era WRs and Lofton and maybe Jefferson are left out of the equation, Adams is probably #1. I'd put Sharpe, Freeman, Brooks, Nelson, and Driver in pretty much that order ahead of Jennings, and James Jones about equal with him in terms of overall quality.

Sharpe > Adams

sharpe1027
03-02-2021, 02:37 AM

Antonio Freeman wasn't much of a physical specimen at WR in terms of height or 40 time. Why do you put him so high and Jennings so low?

sharpe1027
03-02-2021, 02:40 AM
Sharpe > Adams

There were legit discussions as to who was better at the time, Rice or Sharpe. I could see the argument if you discount Sharpe for having a shortened career.

Upnorth
03-02-2021, 06:05 AM
1) Sharpe
2)Adams
3) nelson
4 Brooks
5) Jennings
6) driver
7) Freeman.
I want to put driver higher. And I think his leadership in the wr room is what made arods elite group so diverse and deadly, but based from what we saw on the field I can't.
Man I hope we have to add mvs or lizard as #8 by 2022

red
03-02-2021, 07:10 AM

so you're just gonna ignore the fact that jennings, nelson, driver and jones all player together for many seasons and that jennings was the clear #1 during that time with the best stats?

run pMc
03-02-2021, 07:39 AM
no James Lofton? Really?

Joemailman
03-02-2021, 07:45 AM
Give Driver his due. From 2005-2007 he led the Packers in receiving and was over 1200 yards each time. Then Jennings took over as #1 from 2008-2010. From 2002 2009 Driver was over 1000 yards 7 out of 8 years. Jennings years of 2008-2010 were the only years he was over 1000 yards. Jennings may have been more talented than Driver, but overall Driver had the more productive Packer career.

Joemailman
03-02-2021, 07:47 AM
no James Lofton? Really?

This whole discussion started with Harvey listing his top Packer WR's since Sharpe.