04-28-2007, 04:21 PM
meachum to the saints

Bretsky
Saints just got a VERY good WR

Meachem will be dynamic

Guiness
Off to work folks. I'll try and drop in later.

hurleyfan
I was kinda hoping TT would've done some trades to grab Meacham..

Lurker64
04-28-2007, 04:22 PM
Not sure I heard much about him... is he worthy of #16 ?

Apparently the word is that if he wasn't injured last year, he would have been a top 10 pick, and that several other NFL teams were interested in him. So probably. We don't know where he would have gone if we didn't take him, but the other guys that we (the message board) were interested in didn't go particularly soon after we picked, so we weren't really out of line with the rest of the NFL's thinking it seems.

hurleyfan
04-28-2007, 04:24 PM
Not sure I heard much about him... is he worthy of #16 ?

Apparently the word is that if he wasn't injured last year, he would have been a top 10 pick, and that several other NFL teams were interested in him. So probably. We don't know where he would have gone if we didn't take him, but the other guys that we (the message board) were interested in didn't go particularly soon after we picked, so we weren't really out of line with the rest of the NFL's thinking it seems.

Thanks "Jurko"
after the dust settles, I'll get time ot poke around and get the scoop on him!

What did Kiper & the boys say?

Lurker64
04-28-2007, 04:26 PM
What did Kiper & the boys say?

They very were surprised we didn't go offense, but acknowledged that Harrell was a good player and was likely good value.

hurleyfan
04-28-2007, 04:28 PM
I see Lynch went to the Bills.. no surprise there I guess..

Any surprises so far? I see Quinn dropped a LONG way! Was he in the draft room with lots of cameras on him?

BooHoo
04-28-2007, 04:29 PM
I am surprised by our first pick. So weren't the sports announcers on ESPN.

imscott72
04-28-2007, 04:29 PM
Hey guys and girls. I don't have a lot of time, but wanted to stop in and say hi. I was not happy about our first pick, but as I read more about him I'm becoming more ok with it. I desperately want to see some offense added with our 2nd pick however. What do you guys think of Anthony Gonzalez? Not too tall, but sounds like a good kid with a strong work ethic.

2007 NFL Draft Prospect - Scouting Report
Gonzalez is another guy who was overshadowed by college teammates(in his case QB Troy Smith and fellow WR Ted Ginn Jr.) at Ohio State and needed to showcase his talents in the off-season. Gonzalez did not astound at the NFL Combine, but he bounced back with a solid pro day at OSU to put his stock back on the rise. He was thought to be one of the fastest receivers outside of Ginn, but a 4.44 in the 40-yard dash still isn't too shabby. In addition to Gonzalez's solid on-field performances at pro day, Bengals receiver's coach Mike Sheppard said, "He was the best interview at the combine." Gonzalez is also as fundamentally sound as they come. He runs great routes, especially at intermediate distances, has sure hands, and is surprisingly effective at picking up extra yards after contact. Gonzalez progressed each year at Ohio State and should continue to do so at the next level. Such optimism looks like it could warrant a second round pick for Gonzalez.

Rastak
04-28-2007, 04:30 PM
Pats on the clock.....hmmmm.....Olsen?

Brainerd
04-28-2007, 04:30 PM

Any surprises so far? I see Quinn dropped a LONG way! Was he in the draft room with lots of cameras on him?

Lol. Yep.

GrnBay007
04-28-2007, 04:31 PM

No, after it got a bit "uncomfortable" they let him go to a private room with no media.

Charles Woodson
04-28-2007, 04:31 PM
Hey guys and girls. I don't have a lot of time, but wanted to stop in and say hi. I was not happy about our first pick, but as I read more about him I'm becoming more ok with it. I desperately want to see some offense added with our 2nd pick however. What do you guys think of Anthony Gonzalez? Not too tall, but sounds like a good kid with a strong work ethic.

2007 NFL Draft Prospect - Scouting Report
Gonzalez is another guy who was overshadowed by college teammates(in his case QB Troy Smith and fellow WR Ted Ginn Jr.) at Ohio State and needed to showcase his talents in the off-season. Gonzalez did not astound at the NFL Combine, but he bounced back with a solid pro day at OSU to put his stock back on the rise. He was thought to be one of the fastest receivers outside of Ginn, but a 4.44 in the 40-yard dash still isn't too shabby. In addition to Gonzalez's solid on-field performances at pro day, Bengals receiver's coach Mike Sheppard said, "He was the best interview at the combine." Gonzalez is also as fundamentally sound as they come. He runs great routes, especially at intermediate distances, has sure hands, and is surprisingly effective at picking up extra yards after contact. Gonzalez progressed each year at Ohio State and should continue to do so at the next level. Such optimism looks like it could warrant a second round pick for Gonzalez.

I think hes a lil overrated and that he actually benifited from have Ginn, prove is the national championship game, Ted was out, and Gonzalez should have stolen the show but instead didnt step up

Rastak
04-28-2007, 04:32 PM

No, after it got a bit "uncomfortable" they let him go to a private room with no media.

Smart move by the NFL, as I mentioned earlier.....

hurleyfan

"Shades" of Aaron Rogers right!!

imscott72
Another guy I like is FB Brian Leonard.

Playing in a Rutgers' backfield with Ray Rice forced Leonard into relative obscurity last season, but the fullback will be remembered on draft day. Leonard should be a Day 1 pick and he could (although it's a longshot) sneak into the first round if he performs at the combine like he did during Senior Bowl week. Leonard can do it all out of the backfield; run, catch, and block. Rutgers used him primarily in blocking schemes for Rice last year, so Leonard saw his receptions and carriers decrease dramatically. That's why Leonard could fly under the radar and turn out to be a super sleeper for some NFL team who has done their homework. Leonard has soft hands and is blessed with outstanding speed for a 235-pounder. Don't be surprised to see him run a 4.5 at the combine. Not only will the team that selects Leonard get an all-around great football player, but they will also be getting an all-around great guy. Leonard won the 2006 Draddy Award, given for outstanding play on the field, academic success, and community leadership. This hidden gem might not be so hidden come April 29.

BooHoo
Yes, I am thinking Olsen to Pats.

Charles Woodson
04-28-2007, 04:33 PM
wait 49ers traded with the pats

imscott72
04-28-2007, 04:34 PM
Hmm 49ers take Pats pick. Who are they after?

BallHawk

I'd rather have LeRon McClain.

Lurker64
Anybody know what the Niners got for the Pat's pick here? The 49ers are really the wildcard of this draft.

Joemailman
Joemailman checking in. Was listening to ESPN Radio when Harrell was chosen. One of the analysts said Harrell might have been a top 10 pick if not for the injury. TT is rolling the dice here believing he is getting a top 10 player with the 16th pick. Hope he's right. I know some are wondering why TT didn't trade down. He used up most of his 15 minutes, so he apparently was trying to do that. But hey, what would draft day be without a little ranting? :D

Charles Woodson
04-28-2007, 04:35 PM
49ers take joe staley

Rastak
Trade! Pats deal a pick to San Fran and Joe Staley is the guy....

Joe Staley
OT | (6'5", 306, 4.81) | CENTRAL MICHIGAN

Scouts Grade: 92

Strengths: Displays outstanding agility for an offensive tackle prospect. Has good initial quickness, takes good angles to blocks and generally gets into good position. Plays with a good motor, does an adequate job of locking onto defender's frame and is relentless once in position. Possesses great range and pulls well. Possesses good lateral mobility and flashes the ability to reach defensive tackles lined up inside of him. Plays under control in space and can adjust to the moving target at the second level. Gets set quickly and uses long arms to ride edge rushers past the pocket. Possesses good lateral mobility, can redirect inside after starting outside and is capable of countering double moves when plays with sound technique.

Weaknesses: While he has added weight to frame, he is still somewhat lean for his tall frame and isn't going to overwhelm defenders at the point of attack. Doesn't deliver a violent initial punch, doesn't roll hips into blocks and isn't going to knock defenders back. Lacks ideal lower body strength and is going to have problems driving defenders off the ball. Doesn't always get great knee bend in pass set and is vulnerable to bull rushers. Still needs to improve his hand-placement in pass pro.

Overall: Staley played in 11 games as a tight end during his true freshman year in 2003, catching 11 passes for 130 yards and one touchdown. In 2004 he was converted to right tackle where he started all 11 games for the Chippewas. Staley again started all 11 games in 2005, this time at left tackle, and did not allow a sack. He again started all 14 games at left tackle in 2006.
Staley is a converted tight end who has gained more than 70 pounds since stepping on campus at Central Michigan as a true freshman in 2003. He isn't a powerful drive blocker and he must continue to improve his overall strength. What impresses us most; however, are Staley's outstanding feet and mobility. It's rare to find an offensive lineman with such quick feet and 4.8-second speed in the 40-yard dash. Staley held his own early in the 2006 season against top-competition (Boston College and Michigan), which helps considering most of his playing time came against mid-major defenders. While he's far from a finished product, we think Staley has enough upside and proven skills to warrant a late-first round selection in the 2007 draft.

* Player biographies are provided by Scouts Inc.

Bretsky
Joe,
The team behind GB traded down; TT just liked this guy too much.

So who is Baltimore taking ??

HarveyWallbangers
04-28-2007, 04:36 PM
Staley was a guy that I thought would be a really good fit for Green Bay. Very athletic. Kind of a Chad Clifton, but not quite as big. Didn't think he ranking and where we drafted would matchup though.

hurleyfan
Will Olsen stick around much longer??

Rastak
Wow, Pats got a 4 this year and next years SF #1. ......yikes....

Charles Woodson
04-28-2007, 04:37 PM
Joe,

im saying ethier Ben Grubbs, or Justin Blaylock

imscott72
04-28-2007, 04:38 PM

I'd rather have LeRon McClain.

hmm, I know nothing of McClain..

Lurker64

Holy crap, that's a lot.

HarveyWallbangers
I like Leonard--mainly because he can be a platoon guy with Morency and a FB starter. Plus, the way he catches the ball is a good fit for Green Bay.

superfan

Did that also include the Niners 2nd this year?

imscott72
04-28-2007, 04:39 PM

My goodness. Two #1's for the Pats again next year...Amazing...

BooHoo
04-28-2007, 04:40 PM
SF appears to have given up a lot.

retailguy
04-28-2007, 04:41 PM

But they didn't use the no. 1 this year, so, it's not AGAIN, it's IN PLACE OF....

PaCkFan_n_MD

Holy crap, that's a lot.

Not really, its kind of like using their next years first this year.

Charles Woodson
Pats also have 4 6th roundes this year and 2 4ths

imscott72
04-28-2007, 04:42 PM
I like Leonard--mainly because he can be a platoon guy with Morency and a FB starter. Plus, the way he catches the ball is a good fit for Green Bay.

Yeah I think he'd be a great fit for our 2nd pick...Other than Gonzalez, I don't really care for many of the WR's left for our 2nd pick. Rice is to raw and will need a couple yrs to get going.

RashanGary
04-28-2007, 04:42 PM
Joe,

Interesting observation. He did say in his press conference that he didn't want to move back too far. I think he felt that he had to stay put to get a talented player that he could not have gotten later.

imscott72
04-28-2007, 04:43 PM

But they didn't use the no. 1 this year, so, it's not AGAIN, it's IN PLACE OF....

I realize that, but if they didnt have two #1's this year, that deal wouldn't be possible. It's no secret why the Pats are good every year. The draft is where its at. Daniel Snyder take a lesson.

Charles Woodson
04-28-2007, 04:43 PM
So do you guys think TT trades down in round 2?

RashanGary
04-28-2007, 04:45 PM

I like him too. He's a Special Teamer, he can play fullback and I think some of his biggest contributions outside ST's is going to be as a 3rd down back.

What do you want in a 3rd down back?

1st and formost a guy who can pass pro
2. A guy who can catch the ball out of the backfield
3. A guy who can run a little when you need him too.

imscott72
04-28-2007, 04:46 PM
I'm amazed that Greg Olsen is still on the board. You think because loud mouth Rosenhaus is his agent has somethin to do with it? :D

BallHawk

LeRon McClain is arguably a better receiver than Leonard. Nobody's heard of him, that's why I think TT might pick him. He will be the best FB out of this draft.

superfan
Ravens take OG Grubbs.

Bretsky
04-28-2007, 04:47 PM
Joe,

Interesting observation. He did say in his press conference that he didn't want to move back too far. I think he felt that he had to stay put to get a talented player that he could not have gotten later.

Yes, TT clearly like Harrell.

He stated he had some chances but didn't want to move back too far; Cleveland also stated they contacted every team after pick 12.

Cleveland gave up their first round pick next year (probably a high one) to move up for Quinn.

I'm a bit surprised TT didn't jump at that.

Rastak
Ben Grubbs
OG | (6'2", 311, 5.18) | AUBURN

Scouts Grade: 91

Strengths: Possesses adequate height and bulk. Not massive, but a thick, sturdy build. Displays impressive quickness, body control and overall mobility. Fires out of his stance quickly and shows good initial pop at the point of attack. He displays the agility to consistently reach the second-level as a rune blocker and he also does a good job of hitting the moving target in space. He has a quick set in pass pro and shows the ability to mirror and slide with more athletic pass rushers. Versatile and durable performer throughout his career. Continues to improve with more experience at the position and still has much room to grow.

Weaknesses: Lacks a massive build and will give up some ground to bigger, stronger bull rushers. Also will have some trouble getting a surge vs. two-gap run plugging types. Shows room to improve in terms of his footwork, hand-placement and angles.

Overall: Grubbs was redshirted in 2002 while practicing as a defensive tackle. He was converted to a blocking tight end before the 2003 season and appeared in nine games. Grubbs then moved from tight end to guard before spring practice in 2004 and became the Tigers' starter for 13 games that season. He returned as a starting guard for the entire 2005 season (12 games) as well. Grubbs started all 13 games at left guard in 2006.
Grubbs was a bit of a late-bloomer that spent time at defensive tackle and tight end before finding a home at offensive guard for Auburn. He emerged as one of the most dominant interior offensive linemen in the country in 2006, displaying ideal quickness, power and toughness. Grubbs is the premier guard prospect in the 2007 class and he's worth drafting late in the first round.

imscott72

LeRon McClain is arguably a better receiver than Leonard. Nobody's heard of him, that's why I think TT might pick him. He will be the best FB out of this draft.

Do you have a bio on McClain? I can't fine too much on him..

RashanGary
I'm amazed that Greg Olsen is still on the board. You think because loud mouth Rosenhaus is his agent has somethin to do with it? :D

I just think he's junk and teams know it. He was pretty healthy and he never got more than 5 or 600 yards in a season. That is pathetic for a 1st rounder.

hurleyfan
04-28-2007, 04:48 PM

San Diego prolly won't take him, but da Bears may..

HarveyWallbangers
04-28-2007, 04:48 PM

Good trade for them, but they did give up one of their two #1's this year to get that extra pick next year.

HarveyWallbangers
04-28-2007, 04:49 PM

Beat me to it.

BallHawk
Checking out for now. Be back in a few hours.

Rastak
Scouts inc....26 & 27

26. Dallas Cowboys
Pick acquired from Philadelphia
The pick: Anthony Spencer, DE, Purdue
Scouts take: Dallas' reputation for taking defensive players continues with the selection of Spencer who capitalized on an impressive senior season by moving into the first round. Spencer is an explosive up-the-field player who has excellent initial quickness and closes well once he turns the corner so he should make an immediate impact rushing the passer. He's also big and tough enough to develop into an effective run stopper. However, this isn't a great pick. First off, Spencer isn't big enough to line up at defensive end in a 3-4 scheme and he may not be athletic to develop into an every-down outside linebacker. More importantly, the Cowboys have far more pressing needs.

27. New Orleans Saints
The pick: Robert Meachem, WR, Tennessee
Scouts take: Defensive tackle is the top need for the Saints and Alan Branch was still on the board. Linebacker is the second greatest need and David Harris was still on the board. Corner is the third greatest need and Chris Houston was still available. And didn't New Orleans find a pretty decent receiver on the second day of the draft last year? The point is the Saints should have addressed their needs on the defensive side of the ball before taking advantage of a deep receiver corps. At least they picked up a talented receiver. Meachem has the speed to stretch the field and open up the underneath routes for Marques Colston. He can also produce after the catch. However, Meachem isn't a great route runner and he needs to get more physical or corners will have some success

BooHoo
04-28-2007, 04:50 PM
How much time do teams get in the second round?

Lurker64
04-28-2007, 04:51 PM

That, and NFL teams probably expect their TEs to be willing to block somebody.

Rastak
04-28-2007, 04:52 PM

I think it's 5 minutes....at least I hope so.....LOL

imscott72

10 mins I believe...5 for every round after..

HarveyWallbangers
I don't want to take a FB high--unless it's somebody like Leonard who can also split with Morency at HB. That's real value there. I've read that Leonard is exceptional catching the ball, and over 200 receptions in college is hard to argue with.

Charles Woodson

Lets hope not nearly as much as in the 1st

RashanGary
04-28-2007, 04:53 PM
Good pick for dallas. I like Spencer a lot.

RashanGary
04-28-2007, 04:54 PM
I don't want to take a FB high--unless it's somebody like Leonard who can also split with Morency at HB. That's real value there. I've read that Leonard is exceptional catching the ball, and over 200 receptions in college is hard to argue with.

I think stud STer, starting FB and 3rd down back is enough contribution for the 2nd round.

I don't think he has to take 1st or 2nd down RB snaps to be worth the pick.

Joemailman
04-28-2007, 04:54 PM

Le’Ron McClain FB 6'1 256 Alabama 4.86
By: Robert Davis

McClain was not used as much of a rushing threat during his career, as he has just 37 carries in his career. He was utilized quite a bit as a receiver though. As a sophomore in 2004, he caught eight passes for 55 yards and three touchdowns. As a junior, he hauled in 18 balls for 140 yards and two touchdowns. In 2006, McClain had 19 receptions for 166 yards and three touchdowns.

McClain is a built like a tank. He isn’t really short, but he has a massive frame, topping 260 pounds. He is a load to bring down in short yardage situations because of his girth and power. As a blocker, he shows the ability to pick up a defender and seal off the hole for his RB. McClain’s best asset is his ability out of the backfield as a receiver. He shows soft hands and could provide quite a boost as a outlet receiver.

Although he is tough to bring down, he is not a great rushing threat. He lacks the speed and quickness to hit a hole, and in the NFL, will not be able to just steamroll defenders to pick up the yardage.

McClain is a solid fullback prospect. He doesn’t have very good agility or speed, but he is a load and has excellent hands out of the backfield. He’s only a day two prospect, but he could provide a role as a receiver and blocker in the NFL.

superfan
04-28-2007, 04:55 PM
greg olsen putting on a Bears hat -- looks like the bears will take him after the chargers pick.

Rastak
04-28-2007, 04:56 PM
Bears per the NFLN have talked with Olsen and will pick him depending what San Diego does....

RashanGary
Just FB would bother me but that 3rd down position is like 20% of the snaps at RB and then he gets all the FB snaps and ST's too..

imscott72

Le’Ron McClain FB 6'1 256 Alabama 4.86
By: Robert Davis

McClain was not used as much of a rushing threat during his career, as he has just 37 carries in his career. He was utilized quite a bit as a receiver though. As a sophomore in 2004, he caught eight passes for 55 yards and three touchdowns. As a junior, he hauled in 18 balls for 140 yards and two touchdowns. In 2006, McClain had 19 receptions for 166 yards and three touchdowns.

McClain is a built like a tank. He isn’t really short, but he has a massive frame, topping 260 pounds. He is a load to bring down in short yardage situations because of his girth and power. As a blocker, he shows the ability to pick up a defender and seal off the hole for his RB. McClain’s best asset is his ability out of the backfield as a receiver. He shows soft hands and could provide quite a boost as a outlet receiver.

Although he is tough to bring down, he is not a great rushing threat. He lacks the speed and quickness to hit a hole, and in the NFL, will not be able to just steamroll defenders to pick up the yardage.

McClain is a solid fullback prospect. He doesn’t have very good agility or speed, but he is a load and has excellent hands out of the backfield. He’s only a day two prospect, but he could provide a role as a receiver and blocker in the NFL.

Well just based on the bio's, I think Leonard brings more to the table. McClain might be had in the 3rd..

green_bowl_packer
04-28-2007, 04:57 PM
Olsen's on the field and you know it's a pass play because he can't block worth a lick, then you put a hurtin' on Rex. Let them have him, no big loss.

superfan
04-28-2007, 04:58 PM
Chargers take WR Craig Davis, LSU. Not my highest rated remaining WR, so I like that from GB's perspective.

Rastak
04-28-2007, 04:59 PM
Chargers take Craig Davis

Craig Davis
WR | (6'1", 207, 4.44) | LSU

Scouts Grade: 82

Strengths: Possesses intriguing physical tools, including above average size and very good speed. Can stretch the field vertically and shows the acceleration to consistently get over the top of defensive backs in man-to-man coverage. He reaches top speed quickly and shows the ability to separate right away. His hands are much improved. Shows the ability to pluck on the run and can make the tough catch in traffic. He gives a good effort as a downfield blocker in the running game. He continues to improve with more experience and could be a "diamond in the rough" from the 2007 class.

Weaknesses: Still has room to improve as a route runner. Needs to get in and out of breaks quicker. Also needs to show more savvy setting up defenders and finding soft spots in zone. Not the toughest receiver. Can be a bit hesitant when working over the middle. Fast on a straight-line but not overly elusive. Durability was a problem early in his career. Missed time in 2003 with a broken right elbow and in 2005 with a concussion.

Overall: Davis was limited early during his true freshman season of 2003 by a broken right elbow and finished the year with seven catches for 63 yards after seeing action in nine games. In 2004, he appeared in all 12 contests making eight starts, and led the Tigers with 43 receptions for 659 yards (15.3 average) and scored one touchdown. Davis played in 11 of 13 games during the 2005 season with five starts after missing some time due to a concussion. He finished the year with 35 receptions for 559 yards (16 average) and two touchdowns despite being sidelined for the Mississippi State and Florida games. In 2006 Davis started 12 of 13 games while catching 56 passes for 836 yards (14.9 average) and four touchdowns. He also added 142 yards and a touchdown on 11 punt returns during the year.
Davis has been underrated throughout most of his career and he had his best season as a senior in 2006. He has lots to offer as an NFL prospect, including great straight-line speed to go along with his adequate-to-good size and hands. Minor injuries and inconsistent route running are still concerns. He also lacks ideal toughness and elusiveness. When it's all said and done; Davis grades out as a second-tier wide receiver in the 2007 class with enough speed to warrant consideration in Round 2.

Rastak
Chargers take WR Craig Davis, LSU. Not my highest rated remaining WR, so I like that from GB's perspective.

I like it from My Viking perspective....

RashanGary
I like Jason Hill WR and Dan Banzuin DE in the 3rd if either last.

Two highly productive guys with good size and measurables to go with it.

HarveyWallbangers
04-28-2007, 05:00 PM
Jason Hill is intriguing. Sidney Rice. Who will take Dwayne Jarrett?

ND72
04-28-2007, 05:01 PM
sorry I haven't been around to talk boys, but we've been sitting here mostly in shock since pick 16.

Greg Olsen to Chicago? that's the word. OR they could take a Posluszny or Branch and keep getting scary good on defense.

interesting draft. I don't think anyone could have made this mock today. it's been wild, yet fun...I'm still not sold on Justin Harrell....but we'll see I guess.

GrnBay007
04-28-2007, 05:02 PM
Do they have less time to make their picks in the 2nd round?

imscott72
04-28-2007, 05:03 PM

Yep...10 mins I think, maybe even 5..

HarveyWallbangers
04-28-2007, 05:03 PM
Anybody else feel disappointed every year once the draft starts? Mainly because it's so time-consuming. The night before it's like the night before Christmas for adults. Then the draft happens, and you mostly wait around all day or are bitching about who was picked by your team because the guy wasn't slated to go there by the experts.

retailguy
04-28-2007, 05:04 PM
sorry I haven't been around to talk boys, but we've been sitting here mostly in shock since pick 16.

Greg Olsen to Chicago? that's the word. OR they could take a Posluszny or Branch and keep getting scary good on defense.

interesting draft. I don't think anyone could have made this mock today. it's been wild, yet fun...I'm still not sold on Justin Harrell....but we'll see I guess.

I get your perspective. I'm kinda there too. Guy seems like a great player if he stays healthy, but any way you slice it, not a big need on this team....

great for long term, but in 07? Maybe we trade a tackle with some value? Who knows anymore...?

PaCkFan_n_MD

Yes am pretty sure you only get 10 min instead of 15.

Rastak
Anybody else feel disappointed every year once the draft starts? Mainly because it's so time-consuming. The night before it's like the night before Christmas for adults. Then the draft happens, and you mostly wait around all day or are bitching about who was picked by your team because the guy wasn't slated to go there by the experts.

Yea, it drags on and on....yet it's still interesting. An odd thing for sure.

imscott72
04-28-2007, 05:05 PM

Wow Jarrett has slipped thru a bit. Unless Indy takes him, I'm surprised he slipped to the 2nd round. He's got real good size.

GrnBay007
Seems like it's been 5 hours since the Packers picked.

Rastak

Wow Jarrett has slipped thru a bit. Unless Indy takes him, I'm surprised he slipped to the 2nd round. He's got real good size.

Yea, he's a guy I hope the Vikesmay grab.

retailguy

Yes am pretty sure you only get 10 min instead of 15.

yes.

1st - 15mins
2nd - 10 mins
3rd (and lower) - 5mins.

imscott72
04-28-2007, 05:07 PM

Yea, it drags on and on....yet it's still interesting. An odd thing for sure.

It does make for a long day..Lots of commercials and BS from the commentators..

imscott72
04-28-2007, 05:08 PM

He would be a great pick for you guys, but I don't think he falls to u at 41..Never know I guess. Never thought he's fall this far..

Rastak
04-28-2007, 05:09 PM

He would be a great pick for you guys, but I don't think he falls to u at 41..Never know I guess. Never thought he's fall this far..

Agreed....I'd also like to see Gonzalez or Smith.

superfan
04-28-2007, 05:10 PM
bears take TE greg olsen.

Way to eat up all of your time, morons.

Bretsky
04-28-2007, 05:10 PM
Salisbury is a pain in the ass commenting on how it doesn't matter as the Bears should win the NFC Central by 3 games regardless

Young also gave us some more preaching about not getting offense for the QB earlier; he's did that quite a bit the past couple years.

Lurker64
04-28-2007, 05:11 PM
Olsen was drinking a bottle of VitaminWater when he got picked. I see Uhrlacher got to him early.

Rastak
Bears take Olsen....good pick....bastards!

Greg Olsen
TE | (6'5", 254, 4.51) | MIAMI (FLA.)

Scouts Grade: 93

Strengths: A fine athlete with good height and frame to add bulk. He shows good initial burst and gets into his routes quickly. He possesses excellent timed speed and will flash the ability to stretch the seam as a pass-catcher. Very instinctive as a route runner. Knows how to read coverages and is savvy when working versus man-to-man. He shows the soft hands to make tough catches in traffic. Catches the ball well on the run and will avoid it getting into his pads. Does a good job of catching in traffic and gets upfield quickly. Gives a good effort as a blocker. A wall-off type blocker that gets out of his stance quickly, displays good feet and generally does a good job of getting in position. He also has served as Miami's long-snapper and has some value in that regard if necessary

Weaknesses: Lacks ideal bulk and needs to get bigger. Also must improve his overall strength. He does not show an explosive upper body power or the base to anchor. Too much of a "finesse" blocker. Will struggle to generate a push when working in-line at the next level. Excellent timed speed but needs to prove he can become a consistent seam-stretching threat. The vast majority of his collegiate production came from short-to-intermediate routes. He has of a history of durability issues, including a shoulder injury in 2003, a broken wrist in 2004 and a concussion in 2005.

Overall: Olsen originally signed with Notre Dame and attended some preseason practices there before enrolling at Miami in time for the 2003 fall semester. He was redshirted after suffering a shoulder injury on the scout team. In 2004 Olsen appeared in nine games (two starts), missing three contests because of a broken wrist. He finished the year with 16 catches for 275 yards (17.2 average) and one touchdown and was also the team's long snapper before the wrist injury. Olson started all 12 games in 2005 and earned honorable mention All-ACC honors after catching 31 passes for 451 yards (14.5 average) and four touchdowns. In 2006, he started all 11 of the 12 games he played in (missed Duke due to concussion) and recorded 38 catches for 444 yards (11.7 average) and one touchdown, garnering first team All-ACC accolades.
Olsen needs to improve his bulk, strength and overall blocking skills. While he has proven to be a reliable weapon in the past, Olsen dropped some passes he should have caught as a junior and he also missed a game due to a concussion. With all that said; Olsen's athleticism and potential playmaking ability as a receiver makes him the premier tight end prospect in the 2007 class.

GrnBay007
Way to eat up all of your time, morons.

LOL
they enjoy wasting our time.

retailguy
04-28-2007, 05:12 PM
saw this on KFFL....

Patriots | Team interested in C. Brown?
Sat, 28 Apr 2007 08:38:19 -0700

Mike Reiss, of the Boston Globe, reports the New England Patriots have made preliminary contact with free-agent RB Chris Brown (Titans).

Isn't he about the last man standing in the RB lineup?

packers11
04-28-2007, 05:14 PM
saw this on KFFL....

Patriots | Team interested in C. Brown?
Sat, 28 Apr 2007 08:38:19 -0700

Mike Reiss, of the Boston Globe, reports the New England Patriots have made preliminary contact with free-agent RB Chris Brown (Titans).

Isn't he about the last man standing in the RB lineup?

Damn you Buffalo!!!

Bretsky
04-28-2007, 05:15 PM
Salisbury is a pain in the ass commenting on how it doesn't matter as the Bears should win the NFC Central by 3 games regardless

Young also gave us some more preaching about not getting offense for the QB earlier; he's did that quite a bit the past couple years.

HarveyWallbangers
Damn you Buffalo!!!

???

Pittman, Irons, Leonard, Brandon Jackson, Darius Walker. Hoping we can get one of those guys.

esoxx

You just need to rationalize it and you'll be fine, that's what most do.

My initial reaction was didn't like the pick and I'm not going to rationalize it with reasons why I should be fine with it.

He wasn't BPA and it wasn't at a position with obvious need. Plus the injury factor. At least a trade down there would have been fine.

Still don't like the pick and circumstances of it but hope he's a player.

Bretsky
04-28-2007, 05:16 PM
WR or RB or TE round two ?

packers11
04-28-2007, 05:16 PM
Even if he turns out to be a good DT... We have SOOOO many DT's... Thats what really frustrates me... T.T should have traded down and then grabbed Reggie NELSON :?

retailguy
04-28-2007, 05:18 PM
WR or RB or TE round two ?

You got a magic 8 ball? If so, you'll be just as accurate as anyone else. 8-)

superfan
04-28-2007, 05:19 PM
Longest first round in history of the draft. :roll:

Lurker64
04-28-2007, 05:20 PM
Why are they cheering the length of the draft? WHY!

Also, too bad Gonzalez is gone. I liked him.

superfan
Colts take WR A. Gonzalez.

Shocked they didn't go with Stocco. :)

Rastak
Colts take Gonzalez....DAMN IT!

Anthony Gonzalez
WR | (6'0", 193, 4.44) | OHIO STATE

Scouts Grade: 88

Strengths: Drives off the line, changes directions well and is a crisp short-to-intermediate route-runner. Shows good awareness and settles into soft spots when reads zone. Is tough and isn't afraid to go over the middle. Extends arms and catches ball away from frame. Shields defenders from the ball, shows good focus and can make the tough catch in traffic. Has excellent body control and can adjust to passes thrown outside frame. Wastes little motion turning upfield after catches and has good top-end speed. Runs hard, stays balanced and flashes the ability to pick up yards after contact. Uses hands fairly well, plays with a wide base and sustains blocks once in position. Has some experience returning kicks and can contribute on special teams. Steadily progressed at the collegiate level and should continue to improve with experience.

Weaknesses: Frequently worked out of the slot at Ohio State and there is some concern about ability to get a clean release against press coverage. Doesn't have great bulk and can get pushed around by physical corners. Quicker than fast and doesn't show a second gear when tracking the ball down field. Lacks ideal elusiveness and isn't much of a homerun threat after the catch. Though has adequate leaping ability, isn't very tall and should have some problems competing for jump balls. Lined up opposite Ted Ginn Jr., who often drew attention away from him, at Ohio State and has yet to prove can be a No. 1 receiver.

Overall: Gonzalez was redshirted for the 2003 season. In 2004 he appeared in eight games, notching three starts, and finished the year with eight catches for 179 yards (22.4 average) and two touchdowns. Gonzalez played in all 12 games (starts?) in 2005 and caught 28 passes for 373 yards (13.3 average) and three touchdowns. He started all 13 games in 2006 and recorded 51 catches for 734 yards (14.4 average) and eight touchdowns. During his final three seasons (2004-'06), Gonzalez also returned 11 kicks for 135 yards.
Gonzalez doesn't make enough big plays for a prospect with his kind of speed, but he has the makings of an excellent possession receiver in the NFL. He runs great routes, fights for the ball while it's in the air and has excellent hands. Gonzalez could come off the board as early as the second round.

retailguy

gotta make room for the extra 200 commercials that the NFL and ESPN sold...

TennesseePackerBacker
04-28-2007, 05:22 PM
Damn you Buffalo!!!

???

Pittman, Irons, Leonard, Brandon Jackson, Darius Walker. Hoping we can get one of those guys.

No Darius Walker, I'm really hoping for Pittman over Irons

BooHoo
04-28-2007, 05:22 PM
It is a money making event. Next year it might be even longer.

BooHoo
04-28-2007, 05:23 PM
Indy got a great receiver.

PaCkFan_n_MD

8-)

retailguy
It is a money making event. Next year it might be even longer.

If they go 20 minutes per pick they can get in an extra 10 commercials on each pick... :x

Rastak
04-28-2007, 05:25 PM
Cards deal up to pick # 33....interesting....

superfan
Wow - one hour and 20 minutes longer than last year.

BooHoo
Why only 20 minutes. Make it 30 minutes and we can do an overnighter!

pbmax
04-28-2007, 05:26 PM
Hello everyone, can't say I expected that one. But unlike some posters, I like strengthening the position they selected. Can't comment on the guy as I have never seen him play, but consider this:

Pack Rush D
YPAtt - 4.1 - 13th in league
Att - 441 - 10th
Fum - 9 -12th tied with 7 others

Pass D
Opp QB Rtg - 75.4 - 8th in league
YPA - 5.9 - 14th
Sacks - 46 - 4th
Int -23 - 3rd

This jibes with my memory of the Pack Run D being less than overwhelming last year. While several people have mentioned the Pack are deep here, possibly set, I think, inside especially, it was a weak point, along with Saftety, SAM and Defensive backfield coach.

I like picking a DT, I hope this guy can play. The Pack D allowed 22.9 points per game last year. Thompson improved the Pass D by a wide margin last year, but Run D is still average.

retailguy
04-28-2007, 05:26 PM
Why only 20 minutes. Make it 30 minutes and we can do an overnighter!

Overnight commercials are too cheap! They could slide the third round to day 2 though! :P

superfan
04-28-2007, 05:27 PM
Cards traded up to take DT Alan Branch.

Rastak
04-28-2007, 05:28 PM
Cards take Branch.....good pick for round 2....

Alan Branch
DT | (6'5", 324, 5.07) | MICHIGAN

Scouts Grade: 93

Strengths: A massive two-gap interior defender with excellent height, bulk and strength. He possesses a massive frame and is able to occupy two blockers in the run game. He shows good initial quickness for his size and typically does a solid job of playing with leverage for such a tall guy. He shows good balance and body control for his size. He gives a great effort on most plays and shows better than average stamina for his massive frame. He can take over a game when he's fresh and gets his motor running. He is more of a two-gap fit, but he often times will disrupt plays in the backfield by using his quickness, size and strength to penetrate. He is a powerful tackler with impressive wrap-up skills for his size. He displays the ability to collapse the pocket with a powerful bull rush. He's versatile and has experience playing NT, DT and DE in three-and-four man fronts.

Weaknesses: Lacks ideal explosiveness. He's quick for his size but lacks the speed and closing burst to consistently make an impact as a pass rusher in the NFL. He's mostly a one-dimensional bull rusher type. He needs to improve his arsenal of pass rush moves. He has room to improve in terms of using his hands to play off of blocks. Durability is only a minor concern after missing two games due to a knee injury in 2005.

Overall: Branch appeared in all 12 games as a true freshman in 2004 seeing time at defensive tackle, defensive end, and on special teams registering five total tackles, two tackles for loss, and two sacks. In 2005, he played in all 12 games starting the final 10 contests and recorded 31 total tackles, 10 tackles for loss, five sacks, one fumble recovery, and one forced fumble, again seeing action at both defensive tackle and end. Branch settled into a starting spot at defensive tackle for all 13 games in 2006 and finished the season with 25 total tackles, six tackles for loss, two sacks, one interception, three fumble recoveries, and two forced fumbles earning First Team All-Big Ten accolades.
Branch is losing some momentum as the draft nears. He elected to bolt school early after his most productive season as a junior and he also showed good mobility for his size at the combine. There's no question that Branch possesses the rare physical tools to make an impact in the NFL, but he takes too many plays off on film and he wasn't overly impressive during private interviews with some teams. It also didn't help matters when he showed up at Michigan's on-campus workout in noticeably worse shape than he was a few weeks earlier at the combine. More than anything, there's a concern that Branch is capable of gaining too much weight and becoming even less motivated once he collects a paycheck at the next level. While Branch is too talented to fall out of the first round, it wouldn't be surprising if 19-year old Amobi Okoye (Louisville) winds up as the first defensive tackle taken in the 2007 NFL draft.

BooHoo
04-28-2007, 05:29 PM
Branch really slipped. At least in some mock drafts.

Rastak
Lions trade down to Buffalo.....

TennesseePackerBacker
Hello everyone, can't say I expected that one. But unlike some posters, I like strengthening the position they selected. Can't comment on the guy as I have never seen him play, but consider this:

Pack Rush D
YPAtt - 4.1 - 13th in league
Att - 441 - 10th
Fum - 9 -12th tied with 7 others

Pass D
Opp QB Rtg - 75.4 - 8th in league
YPA - 5.9 - 14th
Sacks - 46 - 4th
Int -23 - 3rd

This jibes with my memory of the Pack Run D being less than overwhelming last year. While several people have mentioned the Pack are deep here, possibly set, I think, inside especially, it was a weak point, along with Saftety, SAM and Defensive backfield coach.

I like picking a DT, I hope this guy can play. The Pack D allowed 22.9 points per game last year. Thompson improved the Pass D by a wide margin last year, but Run D is still average.

Thanks for the stats, I can just imagine how many tackles Hawk and Barnett will rack up with Harrell or Pickett drawing a double-team every snap.

Lurker64
04-28-2007, 05:31 PM
Bills got their LB in Posluszny. Good pick for them.

PaCkFan_n_MD
04-28-2007, 05:32 PM
TT is going to pick some guy I never heard of brfore in round 2. :)

GrnBay007
04-28-2007, 05:33 PM
oh well, Coors has had some decent commercials. That last one with the pregnancy test was kinda funny.

TennesseePackerBacker
04-28-2007, 05:33 PM

I wish Jarrett would slip to 47, but I highly doubt it'll happen.

Rastak
04-28-2007, 05:34 PM
Bills got their LB in Posluszny. Good pick for them.

Hmm...NFLN didn't even announce it....this is too much like ESPN

Rastak
04-28-2007, 05:35 PM
Bills pick:

Paul Posluszny
OLB | (6'1", 238, 4.63) | PENN STATE

Scouts Grade: 90

Strengths: Possesses good height, adequate bulk and room on frame to get bigger. He is one of the most instinctive linebackers in this year's class. Plays the game with tremendous intensity and toughness. Displays adequate speed and athleticism. Diagnoses plays as quickly as any linebacker in the country and takes outstanding angles in pursuit. He makes plays from sideline-to-sideline versus the run. Possesses adequate-to-good fluidity in hips. Has great range in zone coverage and will be able to match up versus most running backs in the NFL one-on-one. Displays excellent instincts and closing burst as a pass rusher. He's a natural leader with tremendous overall intangibles. Few work harder and respect the game more than him. Very good student, as well.

Weaknesses: Size is adequate but not elite, especially for teams that project him as a SLB in the NFL. May need to add some bulk to frame in order to hold up in the NFL. Effective in coverage, but lacks ideal ball skills and does not make many big plays in that facet of the game. Durability is an issue after knee injury in 2005-'06 Orange Bowl.

Overall: Posluszny played in eight games as a true freshman in 2003, recording 36 total tackles, 2.5 tackles for loss, one interception, and one fumble recovery. He then started all 11 games at outside linebacker in 2004 finishing the year with 104 total tackles, 12 tackles for loss, three sacks, one interception, and one forced fumble. In 2005, Posluszny became a first team Associated Press All-American after starting every game (12) and registering 116 total tackles, 11 tackles for loss, and three sacks. Posluszny tore two ligaments in his right knee during Penn State's victory over Florida State in this year's Orange Bowl, but the injury did not require surgery. He returned to start all 13 games in 2006, finishing with 116 total tackles, 9.5 tackles for loss, three sacks, and two forced fumbles, earning him first team All-American honors, an All-Big Ten first team (coaches) selection, and the Bednarik Award as the nation's top defensive player.
Posluszny is a throwback-type linebacker with very good physical tools and even better intangibles. He started slowly as a senior but he returned to form once he adjusted to his new position (from WLB in a 4-3 to ILB in a 3-4) and became more comfortable with a smaller knee brace. He possesses adequate size and speed, but his rare instincts and ferocious mentality are what make him a special player. Posluszny seems to fit best on the outside but he displays enough promise to play inside or both in the NFL, depending on the scheme. Regardless, he projects as one of the top-three linebackers in the 2007 class and should come off the board in the middle of the first round.

retailguy
04-28-2007, 05:36 PM

this is about the only sure bet you'll make today.

Lynx4Ben
04-28-2007, 05:36 PM
I just got the call from Mr. Thompson. I am being selected in the second round by the Packers.

retailguy
04-28-2007, 05:37 PM
I just got the call from Mr. Thompson. I am being selected in the second round by the Packers.

West end janitor, right?

Rastak
04-28-2007, 05:39 PM
Scouts inc 28-31

28. San Francisco 49ers
Pick acquired from New England
The pick: Joe Staley, OT, Central Michigan
Scouts take: Most people felt Staley wouldn't be available at this pick and the 49ers were wise to trade up to get him because Baltimore likely would have taken him with the next pick. Staley is a former tight end who has the quick feet to redirect in pass protection and the quickness to prevent edge rushers from turning the corner. He's also big and tenacious enough to develop into an effective drive blocker once he gets a little stronger, learns to keep his hips under him and use his hands. With him in the fold, the 49ers can start him on the left side and move Jonas Jennings to the right side, where he is a slightly better pick. The odd man out is Kwame Harris, who hasn't panned out since San Francisco took him in the first round of the 2003 draft.

29. Baltimore Ravens
The pick: Ben Grubbs, G, Auburn
Scouts take: The Ravens may have taken Staley if he stayed on the board, but don't feel too bad for them. Grubbs is the best available guard and he is a great fit for the offense. Though Grubbs needs to work on his hand placement and footwork, it should come as little surprise considering his history. He lined up at defensive tackle during his true freshman season and moved to tight end the next year before moving to guard. His progress thus far should make the Ravens optimistic about progression and he's already capable of moving into the starting lineup. Grubbs is a powerful drive blocker who can open up holes in short-yardage situations and is always looking to put defenders on their backs. Baltimore should also be confident about his ability to hold up in pass protection because he has excellent quickness.

30. San Diego Chargers
The pick: Craig Davis, WR, LSU
Scouts take: Davis projected as an early second-round pick, so this is a bit of a reach but all-and-all a good pick. Though he is a raw route runner, Davis made great strides at the collegiate level and there's no questioning his natural ability. He reaches his top speed quickly and he has the second gear to run past defensive backs. A playmaker with the ball in his hands, he can create after the catch and return punts as well. And oh yeah, he fills the Chargers' greatest need. While Davis really isn't a ready-made No. 2 receiver, he could be San Diego's best receiver by the opening game of the season.

31. Chicago Bears
The pick: Greg Olsen, TE, Miami
Scouts take: The best available tight end is if off the board and the Bears filled one of their more important needs, but be weary of calling this is a great pick. Chicago should be excited about Olsen's ability to stretch the field and give their young quarterback a legitimate threat over the middle. Though he should also take advantage of the Bears' commitment to the run setting up the play-action, Olsen is a mediocre blocker at best. If he is to play an every-down role, he'll have to get a lot stronger at the point of attack and a lot tougher. Until he does, he should strictly be a situational receiving tight end.

BooHoo
04-28-2007, 05:39 PM
You mean George Thompson your next door neighbor?

Joemailman
04-28-2007, 05:40 PM
My brother is going to a dinner-dance with his wife but wants me call him on his cell when the Packers pick. This could be interesting...

Rastak
04-28-2007, 05:41 PM
Tampa grabs Sears....

Arron Sears
OG | (6'3", 319, 5.42) | TENNESSEE

Scouts Grade: 85

Strengths: An experienced and versatile offensive lineman prospect. From 2003-'05, he logged 13 starts at left tackle, six at right tackle, four at right guard, and one at left guard -- that was prior to starting all 13 games at left tackle in 2006. He displays good short-area quickness for such a wide-body lineman. Shows good quickness out of his stance and does a good job of reaching the second level as a run blocker. He has the size to engulf smaller defenders at the point of attack. He typically gets in good position and walls defenders off in the ground game. Show above average quickness in his pass pro set for a player his size. Is a natural knee bender with the lateral mobility to mirror-and-slide effectively.

Weaknesses: Lacks ideal height as an offensive tackle. He has had some trouble keeping his weight in check in the past. Gets sluggish late in games, at which time his mobility suffers significantly. He is big, thick and strong but lacks explosive power to jar defenders with his initial punch. Does not seem physical enough at times and fails to consistently finish defenders off as a run blocker. While he is quick for his size, he occasionally will overextend and struggle to recover. He must learn to play with better balance. Has had some minor durability issues in the past -- toe injury and two ankle injuries. He also has a "red flag" for character after admitting to receiving illegal gifts from a furniture store and being forced to return them.

Overall: Sears played in seven games as a true freshman in 2003, earned one start at right tackle against Mississippi State, but left that game with an ankle injury that forced him to miss the next two contests. He started 12 of 13 games in 2004 (held out of the starting lineup vs. Georgia with ankle injury), spending time at both tackle positions, as well as right guard. In 2005 Sears was selected to the All-SEC first team by the coaches and Associated Press after he started all 11 games and logged time at guard and both tackle positions. Sears started all 13 games at left tackle for the Vols as a senior in 2006, when he was named second-team All-American and consensus first-team All-SEC.
While Sears' versatility increases his draft value, his best chance of pushing for a starting job right away in the NFL may be at guard, not tackle. Regardless, Sears ranks among the top-10 offensive linemen in this year's class, which should land him a spot in the second round.

BooHoo
04-28-2007, 05:43 PM
My brother is going to a dinner-dance with his wife but wants me call him on his cell when the Packers pick. This could be interesting...

Makes perfect sense to me.

packers11
04-28-2007, 05:43 PM
why wouldn't they grab Dwayne... They need help at WR... weird...

VermontPackFan
04-28-2007, 05:44 PM

Just like he did last year with G.Jennings & the year before with N.Collins...lets hope he keeps finding good players.

GrnBay007
04-28-2007, 05:47 PM

Does his wife like you?

....wait, I mean did she used to like you? :P

Lurker64
04-28-2007, 05:47 PM
Eagles take a QB in the 2nd, and it's not someone I've heard of. Wow.

I'm sure McNabb loves this.

TennesseePackerBacker
04-28-2007, 05:48 PM
Kevin Kolb :lol: system qb? I watched their bowl game and a game or two against CUSA competition, didn't really impress me

Rastak
04-28-2007, 05:49 PM
Eagles take

Kevin Kolb
QB | (6'3", 218, 4.85) | HOUSTON

Scouts Grade: 71

Strengths: Possesses a very good combination of size, arm strength and mobility. He has adequate height and is well-built. He shows above average arm strength with good zip on the deep out and on vertical throws. Shows good overall touch and knows how to lead his receivers on quick slants and crossing routes. Shows better accuracy in short-to-intermediate passing game than he does in the vertical passing game. He is an effective passer on the run. When on time with his delivery, he can fit the ball into tight spots that many other prospects in this class simply can't hit. He shows good initial quickness and vision as a runner. He lacks explosive speed but is very much a threat to run. He is a tough, competitive and instinctive runner, who will break some tackles and find the first-down marker. He is intelligent and picks things up quickly. Coaches speak highly of his work ethic, leadership and dedication. He also has been extremely durable and has great experience.

Weaknesses: Comes from a passer-friendly spread offensive scheme in college. He's intelligent but his NFL learning curve could be steep -- he has almost no experience in a pro-style scheme and he's coming from the mid-major collegiate level. His decision making can be erratic and he must learn to do a better job of protecting the football. He has a bit of a wind-up delivery and will need some mechanical work in order to speed up his release. He also has a bit of a three-quarter delivery and will have too many passes batted down at the line of scrimmage, as a result. He is a streaky passer that will lose the "strike zone" at times. His deep ball sails too often. He still has room to improve in terms of finding "hot reads" and beating the blitz with his arm.

Overall: Kolb started all 13 games as a true freshman and was named Conference USA Freshman of the Year and selected to the All-Conference USA Third Team. He finished the season completing 61-percent of his attempts for 3,131 yards, 25 touchdowns and just six interceptions. In 2004, Kolb again started every game (11) and tallied 2,766 passing yards with a 56-percent completion percentage, threw 11 touchdown passes, and six interceptions. He returned for his third-consecutive year as Houston's starter in 2005 (12 contests) and was named to the C-USA third team, when he completed 60.5-percent of his passes for 3,258 yards and 19 touchdowns, and 15 interceptions. In 2006, Kolb was named the C-USA Player of the Year after he completed 67.6-percent of his attempts for 3,809 yards, 30 touchdowns, and just four interceptions during the 14-game season. Over the course of his career, he also rushed for 751 yards and 21 touchdowns.
Kolb hasn't consistently played against top competition in college (C-USA) and he also comes from a passer-friendly spread-offense, which generates some legitimate concerns regarding his transition to the NFL game. Even with that in mind, we believe Kolb is one of the more underrated prospects in the 2007 NFL draft class. He possesses a fine combination of size, arm strength and mobility, and he has great experience as a four-year starter. Kolb has enough upside to warrant consideration late on Day 1 or early on Day 2.

MasonCrosby
04-28-2007, 05:50 PM
i'm hoping for a receiver this round...

Rastak
04-28-2007, 05:52 PM
Chargers trade up for Chicago's current pick.....hmmmmm

Lurker64
04-28-2007, 05:54 PM
Weddle goes to the Bolts. Looking more likely that we pick Offense in this round.

PaCkFan_n_MD
04-28-2007, 05:54 PM
Dam :( I like Weedle.

Rastak
04-28-2007, 05:55 PM
Chargers take Eric Weddle...

Eric Weddle
S | (5'11", 203, 4.48) | UTAH

Scouts Grade: 81

Strengths: An athletic and versatile defensive back prospect. Plays the game with excellent instincts and aggressiveness. Plays bigger than size indicates and is not afraid to throw his body around. He has a tremendous motor and gives a great effort on every play. He takes excellent angles in pursuit and is a wrap-up tackler in space. He diagnoses plays quickly and takes few false steps. He has adequate range in zone coverage and is a playmaker when the ball is in the air. Times his jumps well and shows excellent ball skills. He shows great willingness to contribute in any means possible and coaches rave about his intangibles. He has been extremely versatile and should find ways to contribute in the NFL on special teams. Very reliable hands , sound decision-making and good vision as a return specialist.

Weaknesses: Lacks ideal "NFL measurables". He has decent height and below-average bulk. Speed is adequate but not good. He does not show ideal quick-twitch athleticism. Will have some many limitations in coverage at the next level. Does not show the change-of-direction skills or burst to hold up one-on-one versus slot receivers. Lacks the size and brute strength to consistently match up as an in-the-box strong safety type. Also lacks the speed and explosiveness to project as a fulltime return specialist at the next level.

Overall: Weddle earned freshman All-American recognition as a true freshman in 2003, playing in all 12 games (started the final nine games) at cornerback and recording 60 total tackles, 4.5 tackles for loss, four sacks, three interceptions, four pass breakups, four forced fumbles, and one fumble recovery. He started 11 games (did not play vs. Arizona; knee) at strong safety in 2004 and finished the season with 75 total tackles, 4.5 tackles for loss, one sack, four interceptions, five pass breakups, and one fumble recovery. In 2005, Weddle was the Mountain West Conference Defensive Player of the Year after starting all 12 games, splitting time between strong safety and cornerback, and registering 78 total tackles, 11 tackles for loss, four sacks, four interceptions, 12 pass breakups, one fumble recovery, and three forced fumbles. He also returned 24 punts for 154 yards (6.4 average), punted twice for 46 yards, and held for the field goal team in 2005. Weddle started all 13 games in 2006, appearing at cornerback, safety, quarterback, running back, holder, and punt returner, and recorded 64 total tackles, 2.5 tackles for loss, one sack, one forced fumble, three fumble recoveries, and seven interceptions. In addition, he scored eight touchdowns, two on interception returns, one on a fumble return, one on a pass, and five rushing, helping him earn his second straight Mountain West Defensive Player of the Year award, and a consensus All-American selection.
Weddle gets the most out of his physical tools and he is one of the most versatile prospects in the 2007 class. He has experience at every position in the defensive backfield and every offensive skill position, while also performing as the return specialist and holder on special teams in college. Weddle plays the game with great enthusiasm, instincts and toughness, which should allow him to carve a niche in the NFL as a versatile defensive back and special team's contributor. However, in order to emerge as a starter at the next level he must overcome a lack of ideal size and natural fluidity. Regardless, Weddle is the type of player that coaches love having on their team and he should find a way to contribute in several areas. He projects as a second or third round pick in the 2007 draft.

PaCkFan_n_MD
04-28-2007, 05:55 PM
Srill some nice WR's

Rastak
04-28-2007, 05:57 PM
Wow, teams are sure throwing around future picks......

Edit: Raiders on the clock

Joemailman
04-28-2007, 05:57 PM
Will Bears take Jarrett? Good eventual replacement for Muhammad.

Lurker64
04-28-2007, 05:58 PM

What did the Chargers give up for the Bears pick?

Rastak
04-28-2007, 05:58 PM

I would hope he wouldn't make it past Minnesota........

Lurker64
04-28-2007, 05:59 PM
Raiders take Miller, looking increasingly likely that we'll go back or receiver in this round and get a TE late (Spaeth or Chandler maybe?)

Rastak
04-28-2007, 05:59 PM

Don't have the exact picks but when NFLN detailed it , it sounded pretty one sided...I'll have to dig up the details....

MadtownPacker
04-28-2007, 06:01 PM
The truth is alot of these guys arent getting picked early because they just arent that great. I think TT can do alot in the next 3 rounds to stock the cupboard and strengthen the team. I bet he gets one of the RB Harvey mentioned. Then maybe he gets Fresno St WR Paul Williams in the 3rd if he hasnt traded for Moss.

RashanGary
Crap, our 16 was damn near a complete suprise. The only picks Thompson has EVER made that sort of made sense have been Hodge and Hawk. It'll be interesting to see who we pick.

Joemailman

I would hope he wouldn't make it past Minnesota........

My bad. Bears were on the clock but traded the pick.

Charles Woodson
04-28-2007, 06:03 PM
oakland takes zach miller

MasonCrosby
04-28-2007, 06:04 PM
atlanta takes justin blalock... maybe we can get rice this round

Lurker64
04-28-2007, 06:04 PM
Atlanta takes a guard. I wonder how many of their ZBS guys we'll be able to sign when they get cut.

pittstang5
04-28-2007, 06:05 PM
That's it! ESPN is pissing me off, there going to commercial when Atl just put in their pick. WTF?

What's everyone watching - NFL channel any better? I hate Mayock though

outflow

Yeah and must be driving the polar bear nuts

Charles Woodson

#62, #93, #167 and a 3rd in 2008.

Brohm
04-28-2007, 06:06 PM
Bears got picks #62, #93 and #167 as well as a 2008 3rd in their trade with SD.

Charles Woodson
Bears got picks #62, #93 and #167 as well as a 2008 3rd in their trade with SD.
ha beat ya

Lurker64
Fins got John Beck. That's a good pick, he might be better than Quinn in the longrun.

Bolts got fleeced though, that's ridiculous.

Rastak
Zach Miller
TE | (6'4", 256, 4.87) | ARIZONA STATE

Strengths: A gifted receiver with good initial quickness and athleticism for the TE position. Displays good awareness and will find soft spots in zone coverage. Shows enough burst to separate from some LB's as a route runner. He does a good job of getting open quickly in the short-passing game. Displays soft hands and will look the ball in when working in traffic. Displays the ability to make the tough catch and hold onto the ball when taking a big hit. He can adjust to the poorly thrown ball. Shows good quickness and vision to gain yards after catch. Projects as a TE/H-back tweener type in the NFL. Takes solid angles as a blocker and will do a good job of walling off defenders in space. Gives good effort as a blocker.

Weaknesses: Instinctive and athletic as a receiver but lacks ideal top-end speed. Will not be able to consistently stretch the seam in the NFL. Lacks ideal bulk and doesn't have much room left on his frame to grow. He seems to be at maximum bulk, which may explain some of his durability issues. He's not an overly physical blocker. Gets good positioning in space but doesn't show the lower-body strength to drive defenders out of the way. He also lacks explosive upper body power to jar defenders at the point of contact.

Overall: Miller started all 12 games as a true freshman in 2004, when he set a school record for tight ends with 56 receptions and 552 yards with six touchdowns. He had shoulder surgery before the 2005 season but returned to start 10 games, he missed two games that season (Northwestern and Oregon State) due to an ankle sprain, and finished 2005 with 476 yards and four touchdowns on 38 catches. In 2006, he was selected to the PAC-10 first team and was a finalist for the 2006 John Mackey Award (college football's top tight end) after starting all 13 games catching 50 passes for 484 yards (9.7 average) and four touchdowns.
However, he is a proven weapon as a receiver and he displays soft hands to emerge as a reliable target in the NFL. However, his lack of elite speed will prevent him from becoming a premier seam-stretching receiver in the NFL. Furthermore, Miller has durability issues and must improve his bulk/strength in order to match up better as an in-line blocker. When it's all said and done, Miller should be the second tight end selected (after Olsen) in the 2007 class, most likely in Round 2.

Brohm
04-28-2007, 06:07 PM
Miami: John Beck QB, BYU

Rastak
Justin Blalock
OG | (6'3", 320, 5.1) | TEXAS

Scouts Grade: 88

Strengths: Plays with a mean streak, delivers a powerful initial punch and flashes the ability to knock defenders back. Possesses outstanding size, engulfs undersized defenders at the point of attack and can wear defenders down over the course of a game. Possesses good lower body strength, keeps driving legs once in position and flashes the ability to drive defenders off the ball. Has a quick first step, takes good angles to blocks and flashes the ability to get into position at the second level. Uses hands well and does a good job of passing assignments off when picking up blitzes and line stunts. Possesses good upper body strength, extends arms once in position and rides edge rushers past the pocket. Gets adequate knee bend in pass set and can hold ground working against bull rushers. Can line up at guard and is versatile.

Weaknesses: Doesn't play with great leverage and isn't as effective when comes out of stance too high. Lacks elite range and is going to have problems turning the corner when asked to pull. Loses balance at times, has problems redirecting quickly and is vulnerable to double moves.

Overall: Blalock was redshirted in 2002 (practiced at guard) but then stepped right into the starting right tackle slot as a redshirted freshman in 2003, started all 13 games, and was named a First Team Freshman All-American. In 2004, he was named to the All-Big 12 First team by the coaches after starting at right tackle for the entire season (12 games). Blalock was once again an All-Big 12 First Team selection in 2005 and started all 13 games for the National Champions giving him 30 consecutive starts over the past three seasons. As a senior in 2006 he started all 12 games, the first six at right tackle and the final six at right guard due to Cedric Dockery's season-ending injury. Blalock was a consensus first-team All-America selection in 2006.
Blalock lacks ideal athleticism, which will likely prevent him from playing tackle in the NFL. He also has room to improve in terms of his footwork. However, he is a powerful drive blocker that should be able to hold his own in pass protection as a starting guard at the next level. He also has exceptional experience and intelligence. Blalock is a late-first round or early-second round talent.

Brohm
Damn I'm slow :oops:

RashanGary
04-28-2007, 06:08 PM
I like Kenny Irons. Everything I read sounds like he has great vision and knows when to hit a hole. That is key in our scheme.

We'll see I guess.

Rastak
04-28-2007, 06:08 PM
John Beck
QB | (6'2", 215, 4.76) | BYU

Scouts Grade: 86

Strengths: Displays good touch, timing and accuracy as a passer. He has a quick release and does a very good job of getting rid of the ball quickly in the underneath passing attack. He possesses adequate arm strength. Gets decent RPM's on the deep-out route. He has a very smooth and relaxed throwing motion. Keeps the ball high while dropping and shows a compact and quick delivery. He possesses adequate foot-quickness when avoiding the rush. Shows good pocket awareness and will buy many second-chance passing opportunities with his feet. He has made significant improvements in terms of his decision making skills. Mechanics continue to improve and he is showing more accuracy as a passer during his senior season. He has good intangibles, including competitiveness and toughness. Is intelligent and is able to digest things quickly. He is a high-character person and hard working football player.

Weaknesses: Lacks prototypical NFL quarterback size. Possesses below average height and decent bulk. He has had some durability issues in the past, including a concussion vs. USC in 2003. He will need to improve his bulk and strength in order to hold up physically in the NFL. Has some trouble seeing over his offensive line as a pocket passer at times, he has a bit of a low release point and has too many passes batted down. Will struggle to consistently find passing windows as a shorter quarterback in the NFL. Benefits from playing in a passer-friendly spread offensive scheme. His arm strength is adequate but his deep ball has a tendency to sail. He does not make a lot of vertical throws in his collegiate system. He gets outside the pocket and shows some mobility at his level, but he does not display the initial quickness or speed to be considered a potential threat as a runner or scrambler at the next level. Spends much of his time working out of the shotgun and he will need to adjust to taking snaps from under center and reading defensive coverage while dropping in the NFL. He shows adequate accuracy when throwing on the run but is far more effective when rolling right than he is when rolling left. He is an older prospect that will turn 26 (August 21, 1981) prior to rookie season in 2007.

Overall: Beck served a Church mission in Lisbon, Portugal from 2000-2002 before arriving at BYU. He saw action in eight games, starting four as a true freshman in 2003, passing for 864 yards, five touchdowns, and five interceptions. He started 10 of BYU's 11 games in 2004 and passed for 2,563 yards, with a 56-percent completion percentage, and 15 touchdowns compared to eight interceptions. Beck staved off Matt Berry for the fulltime starting rights in 2005 by throwing for 3,709 yards, 27 touchdowns, and 13 interceptions with a 64.5 completion percentage in 12 games, which earned him an All-Mountain West first-team selection. In 2006, he started all 12 he played, missing one (Utah State) due to a sprained ankle. He finished that season throwing for 3,885 yards, 32 touchdowns and eight interceptions while completing 69.3-percent of his attempts and was named the Mountain West Offensive Player of the Year.
Beck's lack of ideal size and athletic ability limits his NFL upside, and his age is also unattractive. However, Beck displays adequate arm strength and he can throw on the run. He has a quick release and good touch, timing and accuracy as a passer. There's also a lot to like about his mental makeup; he displayed toughness and competitiveness throughout his career, especially when playing several games on an injured ankle as a senior. As it stands right now, Beck grades out as a fringe first-day prospect in the 2007 class.

Rastak
04-28-2007, 06:09 PM
Vikes on the clock....Jarrett or Smith would make me happy....

mngolf19
04-28-2007, 06:10 PM
Steve Smith or Kalil, Ras?

RashanGary
I just saw that Harrell had a 9' broad jump. That is pretty impressive for a guy who goes 6'4" 310lbs

Rastak
Wow, Vikes traded down 3 spots........

TennesseePackerBacker
vikings trade down to atlanta

Rastak
04-28-2007, 06:11 PM
Steve Smith or Kalil, Ras?

Either guy works for me ...I wonder what they got for moving down.....

TennesseePackerBacker
04-28-2007, 06:12 PM
Leonard might make it to 47, just seems like that'd be a Thompson draft pick.

HarveyWallbangers
San Diego gave Chicago a great deal. I can't say that I'm happy about that. They gave up their 2nd, a 3rd this year, a 3rd next year, and another pick for that 2nd round pick. I like Weddle, but that can't grade very well on the pick value chart.

Rastak
Shoot, Houston is still there, that would be a good pick....

Rastak
04-28-2007, 06:13 PM
San Diego gave Chicago a great deal. I can't say that I'm happy about that. They gave up their 2nd, a 3rd this year, a 3rd next year, and another pick for that 2nd round pick. I like Weddle, but that can't grade very well on the pick value chart.

Yea, no kidding....

Lurker64
04-28-2007, 06:13 PM

41 to 44 is only a 30 points difference. Maybe an extra sixth?

TennesseePackerBacker
04-28-2007, 06:14 PM
Shoot, Houston is still there, that would be a good pick....

:evil: reminds me so much of Carrol it's scary

RashanGary

Holy Crap!! that sounds awfull

Joemailman
Oakland hasn't take a WR. Are they keeping Moss?

Rastak

41 to 44 is only a 30 points difference. Maybe an extra sixth?

Sounds about right...

MasonCrosby
04-28-2007, 06:16 PM
got your man rastak, they took houston

Rastak
Houston to ATL......

Chris Houston
CB | (5'9", 185, 4.32) | ARKANSAS

Scouts Grade: 90 Selected by: Atlanta Falcons
Round: 2
Pick (Overall): 9(41)

Strengths: Is strong for his size and possesses excellent straight-line speed. Is physical in coverage and has consistently proven capable of matching up one-on-one versus bigger receivers. Does a fine job in press-man coverage; he possesses good upper-body power with long arms. Displays very smooth hips and the speed to turn-and-run with most receivers vertically. Also shows good closing burst when coming forward and knocks down a lot of quick throws underneath. He has very good leaping ability and can challenge for the jump ball.

Weaknesses: He has room to improve in terms of his recognition. He will open his hips too late at times and too early at other times. He lacks ideal ball skills and knocks down some passes he should intercept. Doesn't show as much interest in run support as he should. He is satisfied to let his teammates make plays versus the run instead of going out of his way to get involved. He's more physical in coverage than he is in run support. He needs to do a better job of getting off blocks and with his pursuit angles. Misses too many open-field tackles.

Overall: Houston arrived at Arkansas in 2003 and was redshirted. In 2004, he played in eight of 11 games (four starts), missed two games due to an ankle injury, and recorded 21 total tackles including 2.5 for loss, one pass defended, and scored a touchdown on a blocked punt. Houston saw action in all 11 games in 2005 (started the final nine filling in for an injured starter) amassing 20 total tackles, one tackle for loss, eight passes defended, and one forced fumble. In 2006, he started all 14 contests finishing the year with 45 total tackles, 1.5 tackles for loss, three interceptions for 129 yards (one touchdown), 13 pass breakups, and two forced fumbles gaining All-SEC recognition.
Houston is a fast-rising prospect that bolted after his outstanding junior season. While it was his first as a fulltime starter, Houston did play in 33 games with 27 starts during his three-year career at Arkansas. He has room to improve in terms of his ability zone-coverage skills and as an open-field tackler. However, he possesses a very good combination of speed, strength and athletic ability. He is an instinctive and tough cover corner that held his own in man-to-man coverage versus top-flight wide receivers in 2006 (USC's Dwayne Jarrett, Tennessee's Robert Meachem and LSU's Dwayne Bowe). But he also showed his weaknesses in a forgettable matchup versus South Carolina's Sidney Rice. Regardless, Houston projects as a late first round or early second round pick in a weak 2007 cornerback class.

Brohm

Holy Crap!! that sounds awfull

Ditka must be working as a draft consultant for them.

Rastak
04-28-2007, 06:17 PM
got your man rastak, they took houston

That's OK, they need a WR BAD........

TennesseePackerBacker
04-28-2007, 06:17 PM
Rice, Jarrett, Leonard, Smith 4 good playmakers still left, I'm sure i'm leaving someone out though

TennesseePackerBacker
04-28-2007, 06:18 PM
Indy moving up to take Harris?

pittstang5
04-28-2007, 06:18 PM
I'm sure i'm leaving someone out though

Yeah, the guy that TT is going to take.

Lurker64
04-28-2007, 06:19 PM
Man, everybody's trading in the second round. What did the colts give up?

HarveyWallbangers
04-28-2007, 06:19 PM
Oakland hasn't take a WR. Are they keeping Moss?

I think so. They have 11 picks (two 3rd, two 4th, two 5th, and two 7th round picks), so it's not like they need more middle round picks.

Brohm
04-28-2007, 06:20 PM
Still have to sign all those pics :P

RashanGary
Take all of our combined guesses at players over the last month or two...

Do you think anyone guessed correctly on even one pick this year? We'll find out but I'll bet we didn't hit too many; even collectively.

I'm a draft nerd just like the rest of you guys but it always amazes me when people come out with these 7 round mocks and act like they have any credibility.

mngolf19
Ras, I see the Vikes with another 4th. Is that what they got from Atl?

packers11
Still have to sign all those pics :P

Thats very true... And do they want Randy next to a rookie qb???

hmmm...

Rastak
04-28-2007, 06:22 PM

Been surfing around and haven't found it...why the hell doesn't the NFLN tell us what the terms are on all trades?

HarveyWallbangers
04-28-2007, 06:22 PM
Not one rumor has come to fruition. I wouldn't hold your breath that the Moss rumors will be any different.

Rastak
04-28-2007, 06:23 PM
To the Colts...

Tony Ugoh
OT | (6'5", 301, 5.06) | ARKANSAS

Scouts Grade: 82

Strengths: Possesses good height and adequate bulk. Still has room on his frame to add 10-15 pounds. He displays an extremely strong upper-body. He knocks defenders back with initial pop and uses his strong arms and hands to sustain blocks once locked on. His body weight is well-proportioned and he displays good balance. He lacks downfield mobility as a run blocker but he does show good short-area quickness. He looks much more natural when working laterally and backwards than he does when attempting to reach the second level. He has a quick set in pass pro and uses his powerful punch to jar defenders initially. He also shows the ability to shuffle laterally when working against double moves on the perimeter.

Weaknesses: Lacks ideal athleticism as a left tackle prospect but will need to add some bulk to his frame to fit the traditional mold of a right tackle in the NFL. Shows quickness in the short-area but lacks ideal foot speed and will struggle to reach the second-level as a run blocker at times. He is high-cut and is not a natural knee bender in pass pro. He is still a bit raw and will not get away with sub-par footwork in the NFL like he did in college. Must learn to play with more consistent leverage. There's also concern that he doesn't show a great love for the game of football and needs a fire lit under him in order to get full effort.

Overall: Ugoh arrived at Arkansas in 2002, appeared in the season's first two contests against Boise State (9/7) and South Florida (9/14) before suffering a knee injury and receiving a medical redshirt. In 2003, he saw action off the bench in eight of 13 games, including the final seven, as a redshirt freshman. Ugoh then started 10 of 11 contests at left tackle in 2004, only missing the Georgia game (10/23) after passing kidney stones earlier that week. In 2005, he started all 11 games at left tackle. Ugoh continued to anchor the Arkansas offensive line in 2006 with starts in all 14 contests at his left tackle spot.
Ugoh shot up draft boards thanks to a strong senior season. He possesses very good size, a powerful upper body and adequate mobility. However, he lacks ideal lower-body strength, plays too high at times and comes with a reputation of lacking passion for the game of football. If he works hard at the next level he can be molded into a good starter -- most likely by bulking up and playing right tackle. However, he is a bit of a boom-or-bust prospect in our opinion, which is why we don't feel comfortable giving him anything higher than a second-round grade.

Rastak
04-28-2007, 06:24 PM
Lions then the Vikings on the clock.....

MasonCrosby
if jarret or smith is availabe, looking more and more like they will be, does TT take one?

Brohm
Think Detroit will take Stanton?

RashanGary
04-28-2007, 06:25 PM
QB's are always a risk but I think Stanton has as much of a chance as any of them. I think that was a pretty good pick.

pittstang5
Think Detroit will take Stanton?

they just did

MasonCrosby
and detroit has their qb for the future...drew stanton

Rastak

I think they may have nabbed another 4th from looking at ESPNs draft tracker.....

Charles Woodson
Hmm, didnt USC have a decent amount of 1st rounders last year? none this year

Bossman641
04-28-2007, 06:26 PM
Drew Stanton to Calvin Johnson for the next 10 years? I know these are the Lions, but that combination still scares me. I'm a big Stanton fan.

TennesseePackerBacker
What happens if Woodley falls to 47? I couldn't see Thompson picking another d-lineman, but you never know..

mngolf19

I think they may have nabbed another 4th from looking at ESPNs draft tracker.....

That's what I saw, that is a great trade.

Rastak
Stanton to Lions....good pick....

Drew Stanton
QB | (6'3", 226, 4.75) | MICHIGAN STATE

Scouts Grade: 87

Strengths: Possesses adequate height and good bulk. Has a strong arm and can make all the NFL throws. Gets good zip on deep out routes. Shows good timing and touch as a passer. Consistently is able to drop the ball in-between LB's and DS's. Also does a good job of leading his WR's to soft spots in zone. Sells pump-fakes and play-action fakes well. He is a mobile QB and is a threat to run. He throws the ball effectively on the run. Gets his shoulders square and shows good accuracy rolling to both sides. Has quick feet to avoid the rush and the speed to turn the corner as a runner. Is a dual-threat QB who can be very dangerous when he breaks contain. Shows some elusiveness as a runner. Also is a tough, competitive runner who knows where the first-down marker is when he takes off to run. A fiery leader; he is one of the toughest and most competitive prospects in this draft class. Intelligent and hard-working  both as a student and in film study. Possesses good overall intangibles.

Weaknesses: Inconsistency is the biggest issue. He must improve his overall decision making skills. He also has had a tendency to go in the tank after making a mistake. Still a bit unpolished as a pocket passer. Needs to improve his footwork. He comes from a relatively simple offensive scheme that does not require a lot of difficult coverage or progression reads. He also lacks experience throwing the ball vertically. Has become more patient in the pocket but still must improve in that area. Spends a lot of time in the shotgun and will need to adjust to making more reads on drops at the NFL level. Has had durability issues throughout his career.

Overall: Stanton redshirted in 2002. He played in all 13 games, primarily on special teams, as a redshirt freshman in 2003. He injured his knee, which required reconstructive surgery in the off-season, covering a punt in the first quarter of the Alamo Bowl that season. In 2004, Stanton started seven of the 10 games that he played in (limited by a separated shoulder), completing 64.1-percent of his attempts for 1,601 yards, eight touchdowns, and six interceptions. He also rushed for 687 yards on 96 attempts scoring five touchdowns to earn an honorable mention All-Big 10 selection (coaches and media). Stanton started all 11contests in 2005 despite suffering a hand injury late in the year, completed 66.7-percent of his throws for 3,077 yards with 22 touchdowns compared to 12 interceptions, and rushed for 338 yards and four touchdowns on 121 carries, receiving another honorable mention accolade (media). In 2006, he started the 11 games he played in (missed Penn State) and threw for 1,807 yards, 12 touchdowns, and 10 interceptions while completing 61-percent of his attempts. Stanton also carried 110 times for 445 yards and five more scores that year.
Stanton has been an inconsistent performer throughout his career. He makes some questionable decisions and he struggles to recover from mistakes. He comes from a system that does not require many vertical throws or NFL-style reads, and durability remains a big concern regarding Stanton's pro potential. On the flipside, Stanton possesses all the physical tools to eventually emerge as a dynamic starting quarterback in the NFL, including the size, arm strength and athletic ability. He also shows ideal toughness and competitiveness. In our opinion, Stanton shows enough potential to warrant consideration as the third quarterback taken in the 2007 class.

MasonCrosby
it really does amaze me how much crap these analysts spew... i mean if the lions would have taken quinn they'd have loved it, and now they take stanton and it's so wonderful and such a perfect pick...

Rastak
04-28-2007, 06:27 PM

That's what I saw, that is a great trade.

Works for me!!!!

Brohm
04-28-2007, 06:27 PM
All these picks trading hands, you would think TT would partake in the festivities.

TennesseePackerBacker
04-28-2007, 06:28 PM
I just wish I'd get to see some teams GM rip in to Kiper atleast once today.

Rastak
04-28-2007, 06:28 PM
it really does amaze me how much crap these analysts spew... i mean if the lions would have taken quinn they'd have loved it, and now they take stanton and it's so wonderful and such a perfect pick...

It is a good pick, and even better considering they got CJ in round one....

MasonCrosby
04-28-2007, 06:29 PM

It is a goods pick, and even better considering they got CJ in round one....

i know, i just love how the analysts twist and spin everything, when in the first round they were cutting down Miami and Detroit for passing on Quinn...

mngolf19
Sidney Rice!!

Brohm
Yeah the Lions got the "best player in the draft" and their future QB that can sit behind Kitna.

Millen must be stashed in a trunk in the parking lot somewhere.

TennesseePackerBacker
04-28-2007, 06:30 PM
Sidney Rice!!

nice pick-up, considering SC didn't have any real quarterback his whole time there, he's got talent.

Brohm
04-28-2007, 06:31 PM
Hmm, Jarrett or Leonard...or some obscure small school guy to send people in a tizzy :P

Rastak
Sidney Rice!!

Yup.....cool.

Sidney Rice
WR | (6'3", 200, 4.55) | SOUTH CAROLINA

Strengths: Possesses an outstanding frame. Is tall with long arms and big hands. Is a fluid and smooth athlete, especially for his size. He looks effortless as a vertical route runner and is deceptively fast. He does a great job of tracking the ball down in the air. Adjusts well to the poorly thrown pass. Displays excellent balance and body control, especially when working the sideline. He possesses outstanding hands. Will pluck on the run and does a good job of catching the ball away from his pads. He can consistently catch the ball over his head. Also climbs the ladder quickly and will win most battles for jump balls. A terrific red zone weapon.

Weaknesses: He is lean and must add bulk to his frame. Lacks ideal strength and will get pushed around on occasion. Lanky frame and multiple "nicks" are reason for durability alert. Never suffered a major injury but he has had some minor injuries in the past, including hyperextend left knee and broken left finger in 2004, as well as broken left thumb in spring of 2006. Lacks ideal initial burst and will take too long getting into his routes at times. He is somewhat unpolished as a route runner. Needs to learn to set defenders up better in man-coverage and to sell his fakes more consistently.

Overall: Rice was redshirted for the 2004 season after hyper-extending his knee in warm-ups before the Georgia game. He suffered a finger injury that required surgery prior to the 2005 season which caused him to miss the opener against Central Florida. Rice then played in and started the remaining 12 contests as a redshirt freshman, catching 70 balls for 1,143 yards (16.3 average) and 13 touchdowns, earning consensus first-team All-SEC accolades. He was sidelined for the final week of spring practice in 2006 because of a broken left thumb. In 2006 he returned to start all 13 games, and caught 72 passes for 1,090 yards (15.1 average) and 10 touchdowns while being names to the All-SEC second team.
Rice could have benefited from another year at the collegiate level, as he still needs to get stronger and improve his route-running consistency. However, he is a natural playmaker with a good combination of height, speed and athletic ability. Rice projects as an early second-round pick.

mngolf19
Well, it won't be Jarrett

TennesseePackerBacker
Jarrett gone to Carolina, looks like we're either going RB or CB now

MasonCrosby
04-28-2007, 06:32 PM
i may put a hole in the ceiling from an overjoyous uppercut if we take jarrett... :P

MasonCrosby
Jarrett gone to Carolina, looks like we're either going RB or CB now

dang, spoke too soon...

Guiness
Wow, I missed 20 picks, and 20 pages of threads! Good average guys!

That Chicago trade looks good for them :(

Damn! I see Minn took Sidney. I wouldn't have minded him. Hope we take Irons or Bush now.

packers11
i may put a hole in the ceiling from an overjoyous uppercut if we take jarrett... :P

to late... carolina took him

pittstang5
04-28-2007, 06:33 PM
OK TT, just take Leonard...I know you want to.

Bossman641
04-28-2007, 06:34 PM
Please let us take Rice. It's time to get some offensive weapons.

Rastak
Jarrett to Carolina.....

Dwayne Jarrett
WR | (6'4", 219, 4.63) | USC

Scouts Grade: 89

Strengths: Possesses outstanding size. Is tall with a solid build and good overall strength. He is a fluid athlete for his size. Shows the ability to sink his hips and get in and out of breaks without gearing down. He uses his frame to effectively shield defenders from the ball. He has big, soft hands. Adjusts well to the ball and does a great job of catching the ball over his shoulder. Can pluck on the run and makes many spectacular catches in traffic. Not afraid to go over the middle. Will secure the ball and hold onto it when taking the big hit. He is a tough runner after the catch; will drag smaller defenders for yards after initial contact. He's a huge weapon in the red zone. Wins most jump-ball situations. Will give a decent effort as a blocker and displays the size and strength to hold his blocks once locked on.

Weaknesses: Lacks ideal top-end speed. Does not separate from man-to-man coverage as well as a No. 1 receiver in the NFL should and he makes a lot of catches in traffic as a result. He does not display a second-gear to run away from defenders after the catch. Focus needs to become more consistent. There's some speculation regarding his work ethic being inconsistent. Minor character concerns due to NCAA violations in summer of 2006. Durability has been somewhat of an issue. He missed nearly three full games due to a separated shoulder early in 2006 season. He also suffered a mild-concussion vs. Cal in 2006.

Overall: Jarrett appeared in all 13 games as a true freshman in 2004, started the final eight contests, and caught 55 passes for 849 yards (15.4 average) and 13 touchdowns. In 2005, he played in all 13 games with 12 starts and finished the season with 91 catches for 1,274 yards (14 average) and 16 touchdowns. Jarrett was declared ineligible by the NCAA for a brief period of time during the summer of 2006 when it was discovered that his roommate Matt Leinart's father was paying a portion of his rent. He was also detained by police on August 15th of that summer after receiving a ride to practice in a car that officers were investigating. In 2006, the first team All-PAC Ten selection started 11 out of the team's 13 games, missing the Washington State contest with a sprained shoulder and playing in but not starting the Washington game, and hauled in 70 passes for 1,015 yards (14.5 average) and 12 touchdowns.
Jarrett has shown the ability to take over a game thanks to his outstanding size, hands and athletic ability. However, Jarrett lacks elite speed and he still has too many lapses in focus. Minor durability and character alerts shouldn't affect his draft stock significantly. He will never be an elite No. 1 receiver in the NFL, but he can become a quality No. 2 possession receiver if used properly. If so, Jarrett will become a good value for the team that selects him in the bottom-half of the first round.

MasonCrosby
smith or leonard please

mngolf19
04-28-2007, 06:35 PM
Please let us take Rice. It's time to get some offensive weapons.

Rice is gone Boss

MasonCrosby
04-28-2007, 06:37 PM
and now it's our turn...btw this interview between jarrett and keyshawn johnson is painful

TennesseePackerBacker
here it comes, wonder how many WTF's we'll get?

Joemailman
Pittman to be Pack pick?

Bossman641
Damn, I turn around for a minute. Now what?

mngolf19
and now it's our turn...btw this interview between jarrett and keyshawn johnson is painful

So Keyshawn sucks at this too.

Rastak
04-28-2007, 06:38 PM
Woodley to Steelers....

LaMarr Woodley
DE | (6'1", 266, 4.67) | MICHIGAN

Scouts Grade: 84

Strengths: Possesses good bulk for his shorter frame and excellent top-end speed. He is at his best when turned loose up-the-field. Does a good job of finding the ball and quickly disengaging in order to pursue. He never gives up on a play and he displays an outstanding motor. He has improved his strength and did a much better job anchoring when teams ran at him as a senior in 2006. He shows excellent first-step quickness and is extremely disruptive as a pass rusher. He is a powerful tackler with a mean streak. Impact player that always seems to be in on the big play.

Weaknesses: Lacks ideal height. Has trouble stacking at the line of scrimmage versus taller, bigger offensive tackles. He has experience dropping into coverage but he's far more effective when turned loose up-the-field. He's a bit stiff in the hips and might not be fluid enough to make the move to linebacker in the NFL. Minor durability issues after missing time in 2005 with forearm injury.

Overall: Woodley played in all 13 games (two starts) at defensive end during his true freshman season in 2003 and finished the year with 23 total tackles, four tackles for loss, and two sacks. He then played in 12 games (10 starts) at outside linebacker in 2004, registering 70 total tackles, 16 tackles for loss, four sacks, and three forced fumbles. In 2005, Woodley played in 11 games (eight starts) at "rush linebacker" but missed time in three games with a forearm injury. For the year, he recorded 48 total tackles, 12 tackles for loss, five sacks, one fumble recovery, and three forced fumbles. Woodley started all 13 games in 2006 making 36 tackles, 16.5 tackles for loss, recording 12 sacks, forcing four fumbles, and recovering four fumbles, including one he took 54 yards for a touchdown against Notre Dame (9/16).
Woodley is a 'tweener that played defensive end in a 4-3 scheme and outside linebacker in a 3-4 scheme at Michigan. He lacks ideal height and will struggle taking on blocks from bigger offensive tackles as a traditional DE in a 4-3. He also lacks the hip-fluidity to consistently drop in coverage with any regularity as a 3-4 outside linebacker. The key for Woodley is to land with a team that will mask his weaknesses by using him as a one-gap DE. To his credit, Woodley bulked up and became much stronger versus the run in 2006. He also displays the speed, power and vicious mentality it takes to succeed at the next level. Despite his lack of a natural fit, we still think Woodley is worthy of consideration in the bottom-half of Round 2.

Bossman641
04-28-2007, 06:38 PM

Glad I'm not the only one who couldn't wait for that interview to end.

Bossman641
04-28-2007, 06:39 PM
Is this too early for Pittman?

Rastak
04-28-2007, 06:39 PM
Pack on the clock...who the heck knows?

TennesseePackerBacker
04-28-2007, 06:40 PM
hmmm a trade could be brewing

MadtownPacker
04-28-2007, 06:41 PM
Has to be offense. TT must value his life at some point!

pittstang5
Is Michael Griffin still available?

Guiness
*Cue Jeopardy music*

Does anyone have a clue what the answer to the question "Green Bay Packer's second round pick in 2007" is?

My guess? He trades out of it!