PDA

View Full Version : 2019 Other Games Thread

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7

pbmax
10-06-2019, 01:16 PM
Question still stands, had they chosen to enforce anthem participation, what would the penalties be?

We are way past that.

mraynrand
10-06-2019, 01:17 PM
Safety - fuck you Giants.

Made lemonade from lemons right there.

Rastak
10-06-2019, 01:18 PM
Show me the lack of customers from that year. Barely made a blip. Trends did not change.

They were avoiding headlines.

Doing things on purpose to undermine your employers if effective or not show you to be a shithead of an employee and when you find yourself unemployed you should not be surprised.

mraynrand
10-06-2019, 01:19 PM
Question still stands, had they chosen to enforce anthem participation, what would the penalties be?

2 day seminar given by Calliendo

Day 1: As Doctor Phil
Day 2: As Jim Rome

Rastak
Made lemonade from lemons right there.

Yup, nobody's gonna say it was a great idea to fumble on the 3!

RashanGary
Hopefully he watched some Reggie tape during the mini-bye.

On his sack, a TE chip blocked him 5 yards out. I kept my mouth shut because after the 5 yard error, he ran right into the 300 pound tackle and threw him backward. But we should never see him run away from a TE like a scared little girl again. It’s absolutely unacceptable for anyone other than a CB or smaller safety.

pbmax
10-06-2019, 01:21 PM
yes, to save their product.

Don't agree with this. Avoiding being shamed with news stories about their games that weren't their preferred type of story.

Revenues, attendance and viewers didn't change for the trends. Was part of a down cycle for the entire TV landscape.

mraynrand
10-06-2019, 01:21 PM
On his sack, a TE chip blocked him 5 yards out. I kept my mouth shut because he ran right into the 300 pound tackle and threw him backward. But we should never see him run away from a TE like a scared little girl again. It’s absolutely unacceptable for anyone other than a CB or smaller safety.

I didn't review that play, but sometimes guys get caught off balance.

I recall a time ('95, regular season game) when Edgar Bennett decleated Charles Haley with what was supposed to be a chip block before he went out in a dump off pattern. It was glorious.

pbmax
10-06-2019, 01:22 PM
Doing things on purpose to undermine your employers if effective or not show you to be a shithead of an employee and when you find yourself unemployed you should not be surprised.

How is Eric Reid not still undermining his employers?

mraynrand
10-06-2019, 01:22 PM
Ironic

Falk (Columbo) gets picked off by McCloud

mraynrand
10-06-2019, 01:24 PM

What's he doing exactly? I do know the NFL and networks are ignoring any Anthem crap on purpose.

Kap got blacklisted because he's the ringleader and they're sending a message.

Rastak
10-06-2019, 01:26 PM

He is, I'd launch his ass straight to the unemployment office. But the NFL is not fair. If you are marginal you are out. If you are good you might be in.

I'm gonna be honest, I'd have simply said players come out AFTER the anthem from now on. If you leave the locker room before you are supposed to go to the sidelines you are disqualified from the game. Simple.

RashanGary
10-06-2019, 01:26 PM
I didn't review that play, but sometimes guys get caught off balance.

I recall a time ('95, regular season game) when Edgar Bennett decleated Charles Haley with what was supposed to be a chip block before he went out in a dump off pattern. It was glorious.

I may have exaggerated when I said I can’t come up with a reason for his play. He’s clearly trying to avoid blocks instead of beat them. It’s shocking because he’s so big and strong, I just can’t believe he’s still trying to go around tight ends.

Rastak
10-06-2019, 01:27 PM
How about the Pats barely ahead of the Skins.

mraynrand
10-06-2019, 01:28 PM
Don't agree with this. Avoiding being shamed with news stories about their games that weren't their preferred type of story.

Revenues, attendance and viewers didn't change for the trends. Was part of a down cycle for the entire TV landscape.

I agree that the downtrend in TV landscape had nothing to do with the protests. Owners thought differently; they were getting/perceiving heat - stadium attendance, advertisers, etc. Many of those guys are smart business guys. Consistent negative press is not something to stand pat with. That's what I think they were reacting to.

mraynrand
10-06-2019, 01:29 PM
How about the Pats barely ahead of the Skins.

Marshmallow Outhouse

pbmax
10-06-2019, 01:30 PM
He is, I'd launch his ass straight to the unemployment office. But the NFL is not fair. If you are marginal you are out. If you are good you might be in.

I'm gonna be honest, I'd have simply said players come out AFTER the anthem from now on. If you leave the locker room before you are supposed to go to the sidelines you are disqualified from the game. Simple.

My point entirely. This was an entire self imposed error. Any compromise could have been had, including the one they eventually reached all by themselves.

mraynrand
10-06-2019, 01:30 PM
It’s shocking because he’s so big and strong, I just can’t believe he’s still trying to go around tight ends.

He's pretty green still. Let the coaching happen; i suspect he'll come around.

pbmax
10-06-2019, 01:31 PM
I agree that the downtrend in TV landscape had nothing to do with the protests. Owners thought differently; they were getting/perceiving heat - stadium attendance, advertisers, etc. Many of those guys are smart business guys. Consistent negative press is not something to stand pat with. That's what I think they were reacting to.

Some are smart business guys, some are heirs and some are panicky. Not hard to overwhelm common sense with panic.

Rastak
10-06-2019, 01:35 PM
Some are smart business guys, some are heirs and some are panicky. Not hard to overwhelm common sense with panic.

Plus there is nothing whatsoever positive about it.

I will say the NFL could have fixed it right away with my earlier suggestion. For such a profitable business it blows my mind how many times they step on their own dick.

mraynrand
10-06-2019, 01:36 PM

Well, if you're asking me if they handled it well, that's another issue. Took way to long to figure out how to address it.

I still don't know what 'common sense' says is correct. People in the country have strong and contrary feelings about protesting the national anthem, but perhaps they should know the demographics of their audience/consumer off the bat.

pbmax
10-06-2019, 01:38 PM
On his sack, a TE chip blocked him 5 yards out. I kept my mouth shut because after the 5 yard error

You have literally been talking about this since it happened, starting in the Game Day thread. How long did your silence hold?

mraynrand
10-06-2019, 01:41 PM

I will say the NFL could have fixed it right away with my earlier suggestion. For such a profitable business it blows my mind how many times they step on their own dick.

I'm not sure that would have worked. There were strong forces supporting the protests. Like PB says, that makes owner panicky too - threats from advertisers, etc. from both sides can cause paralysis.

pbmax
10-06-2019, 01:41 PM

Could have been much more positive. You already had that group with Torrey Smith and the other guy working on these issues.

You give the players who are hurt the out, you spend the money they eventually pledged to groups such as the Smith group and you put CK on the board with a vote for who gets funding.

The answer is so obvious and its been done so many times (see concussion committees) that the refusal to get to this point quickly is baffling.

Rastak
10-06-2019, 01:42 PM
Seems Teddy is doing OK for the Saints today. Although I have a dislike for the team he's a great dude and and glad to see him have some success.

pbmax
10-06-2019, 01:44 PM
I'm not sure that would have worked. There were strong forces supporting the protests. Like PB says, that makes owner panicky too - threats from advertisers, etc. from both sides can cause paralysis.

They panicked mostly about outsiders getting involved and inflaming tensions.

Rastak
10-06-2019, 01:44 PM

Maybe, take away the stage and take the short term heat while avoiding long term bullshit would be my thought. I guess I don't know what sort of short term backlash they would have faced.

RashanGary
10-06-2019, 01:51 PM
I’m a conspiracy theorist. I think the entertainment industry, including the NFL, doesn’t have to compete or win. They are handed financial success through legal crushing of any opponent. What’s left is a sneakily legislated monopoly with the impression to the outside that it’s a business.

Then the industry is used to bring racial tension and other tensions to keep the herd of sheep distracted.

mraynrand
10-06-2019, 01:52 PM
I’m a conspiracy theorist. I think the entertainment industry, including the NFL, doesn’t have to compete or win. They are handed financial success through legal crushing of any opponent. What’s left is a sneakily legislated monopoly with the impression to the outside that it’s a business.

Then the industry is used to bring racial tension and other tensions to keep the herd of sheep distracted.

? distracted from what exactly?

pbmax
10-06-2019, 01:52 PM

Huge problem in baseball and basketball. Harder to say about NFL.

Though I think Washington doesn’t actually care what it’s record is.

pbmax
10-06-2019, 01:55 PM
Read option fake pitch has not worked with inside handoff twice. Both times pitch man was open. Maybe pitch it Chase?

Rastak
10-06-2019, 01:56 PM
I see Da Bears are trying to back in the game.

Anti-Polar Bear
10-06-2019, 01:59 PM
Maybe, take away the stage and take the short term heat while avoiding long term bullshit would be my thought. I guess I don't know what sort of short term backlash they would have faced.

Talk about stage. If an abominable capitalist doesn’t want his players protesting inside a stadium, well then, he should buy his own fucking stadium.

Publicly funded stadiums, the new Metrosexual Dome for example, are perfect avenues for the protestations of societal maladies.

pbmax
10-06-2019, 02:00 PM
Bears are back it! TD from a Chase Daniels rollout.

Rastak
10-06-2019, 02:00 PM
Talk about stage. If an abominable capitalist doesn’t want his players protesting inside a stadium, well then, he should buy his own fucking stadium.

Publicly funded stadiums, the new Metrosexual Dome for example, are perfect avenues for the protestations of societal maladies.

Better yet, simply decree the paid staff sit their ass in the locker room since they can't show proper respect.

RashanGary
10-06-2019, 02:01 PM
? distracted from what exactly?

Working 40, 50, 60 hours per week. The cabal doesn’t have castles and mansions unless the herd builds it. The whole point is to keep us working. It’s like a horse plowing a field.... you need to keep the horse just healthy enough to keep plowing.

The way people think and process, it’s a little different than most animals, but the goal is the same, to exploit what they have, which is intelligent work force.

Rastak
10-06-2019, 02:01 PM
Bears are back it! TD from a Chase Daniels rollout.

Gonna be close I bet.

Rastak
10-06-2019, 02:03 PM
Dalvin Cook is good.

pbmax
10-06-2019, 02:03 PM
Huge contested catch on that drive. Basically a prayer answered by Bears WR Miller I think.

Bears fans in London have themselves a GB sucks sign.

RashanGary
10-06-2019, 02:05 PM
Because of the nature of the human mind and our ability to join together and collectively say, NO..... religion, education, entertainment need to be used to keep the people blind and unsuspecting. And scared and angry and distracted. Anything to make sure they don’t question the endless grind that is benefiting a very small few.

pbmax
Better yet, simply decree the paid staff sit their ass in the locker room since they can't show proper respect.

Now hold on. Paying disrespect is a time honored tradition in public. Disagree all you want with the point or venue but nothing more American than making a public stink.

Rastak
Knowledgeable fans!

Rastak
10-06-2019, 02:07 PM
Now hold on. Paying disrespect is a time honored tradition in public. Disagree all you want with the point or venue but nothing more American than making a public stink.

Sure, burn the American flag in the street and see how far that gets you. It's simply a poke in the eye at the country, nothing more nothing less to me.

Rastak
10-06-2019, 02:09 PM
Man, Rhodes landed right on Sheppards head when they came down. OUCH!

pbmax
10-06-2019, 02:09 PM
Sure, burn the American flag in the street and see how far that gets you. It's simply a poke in the eye at the country, nothing more nothing less to me.

Fair enough. Can’t argue when you know that is where you are coming from.

pbmax
10-06-2019, 02:11 PM
Trevor Davis with another play. Swing pass out of backfield.

pbmax
10-06-2019, 02:14 PM
Trevor can’t save Raiders offense. RB blew blitz pickup on 3rd down. Cohen with huge punt return back to red zone.

Mack made a play on second down with big pressure.

pbmax
10-06-2019, 02:15 PM
Bears in lead

Rastak
10-06-2019, 02:15 PM
Fair enough. Can’t argue when you know that is where you are coming from.

I'm fine with the debate, although it's hit and miss for me. Clearly there are major issues we need to address. The dude who got gunned down from behind in Carolina was pathetic and beyond wrong. However, they erected a shrine to a guy who attacked a cop in my city here even though the body cam and an eye witness corroborated everything.

People believe whatever they want, facts be damned......ok, all done with discussion although it was interesting. Good dialog I guess and good to hear your thoughts PB.

Rastak
10-06-2019, 02:16 PM
Bears in lead

Dang, Bears not laying down.

pbmax
10-06-2019, 02:16 PM
Anyone believed the Pats have a problem on offense?

19-7

pbmax
10-06-2019, 02:22 PM
Davis with big kickoff return. He just doesn’t have some basic football sense. Came to compete stop when he realized he wasn’t getting the corner on the kicker and then got clobbered trying to loop back

Rastak
10-06-2019, 02:22 PM
Giants go for it on 4th - sack.

pbmax
10-06-2019, 02:26 PM
Giants go for it on 4th - sack.

Good. Got them in FF.

pbmax
10-06-2019, 02:28 PM
Davis may have fumbled a possible TD.

Bear punched it out peanut style.

Rastak
10-06-2019, 02:30 PM
Davis may have fumbled a possible TD.

Bear punched it out peanut style.

Tillman? Great player.

pbmax
10-06-2019, 02:32 PM
Tillman? Great player.

Yep.

Davis had both arms over ball and he drove for TD but too if ball was open and the ouch hit it square.

Anti-Polar Bear
10-06-2019, 02:36 PM

No one is disrespecting the pawns (soldiers) of the Capitalist Establishment.

An addict has to be aware that an addiction exists in order for him to annihilate the addiction. Likewise, societal maladies exist. Kneeling inside publicly funded stadiums with millions watching on TV provides great awareness of societal maladies.

Not surprising, those at the wrong side of the civic rainbow are against the protests. Bigots don’t wanna annihilate societal maladies.

Rastak
Giants did a nice job on the 3rd and long. Held off the blitz.

Rastak
No one is disrespecting the pawns (soldiers) of the Capitalist Establishment.

An addict has to be aware that an addiction exists in order for him to annihilate the addiction. Likewise, societal maladies exist. Kneeling inside publicly funded stadiums with millions watching on TV provides great awareness of societal maladies.

Not surprising, those at the wrong side of the civic rainbow are against the protests. Bigots don’t wanna annihilate societal maladies.

LOL, never change Tank.

pbmax
10-06-2019, 02:39 PM
Bears offense looks Packer-esque now. 3 straight scoring drives then holding on first down.

Then Daniel throws a pic but gets it back on roughing the passer.

Rastak
10-06-2019, 02:41 PM
That Bears game look interesting........still hangs in the balance.

ThunderDan
10-06-2019, 02:44 PM

My great, great, great ..... grandfather fought in the Revolutionary War. He fought so he didn’t have to stand when the king or the flag went by. Know your history before you state absolutes that aren’t true.

Rastak
10-06-2019, 02:45 PM
My great, great, great ..... grandfather fought in the Revolutionary War. He fought so he didn’t have to stand when the king or the flag went by. Know your history before you state absolutes that aren’t true.

Sure overthrow the regime and install a monarchy......that works too....King Trump has a ring to it.

edit: As a life long republican I'd have to consider leaving.

falco
10-06-2019, 02:46 PM
Sure overthrow the regime and install a monarchy......that works too....King Trump has a ring to it.

um....what? that's kind of the opposite of what Dan was saying

Rastak
10-06-2019, 02:47 PM
um....what? that's kind of the opposite of what Dan was saying

I could have misunderstood the point.

edit: Alcohol enables this.

falco
10-06-2019, 02:48 PM

i guess as could I

ThunderDan
10-06-2019, 02:50 PM

edit: Alcohol enables this.

The point is he fought for freedom. Not to have to stand for the flag of the new country.

Rastak
10-06-2019, 02:55 PM
The point is he fought for freedom. Not to have to stand for the flag of the new country.

That's fair enough and kind of exactly what I was thinking. If you hate your government and want to see it replaced with a new system it makes perfect sense to piss on it.

falco
10-06-2019, 02:57 PM
That's fair enough and kind of exactly what I was thinking. If you hate your government and want to see it replaced with a new system it makes perfect sense to piss on it.

i hear ya, but seems like a big difference between exercising the hard won right to not suffer under tyranny and trying to topple our democracy.

Rastak
10-06-2019, 02:57 PM
From the gamecast it seems the Bears are on their heals....

Anti-Polar Bear
10-06-2019, 02:58 PM
I had TE #87 and RB #28 of the Raiders on My Mastery Mockery of a Draft.

Rastak
10-06-2019, 02:59 PM
Anthony Barr was not fucking around today.

ThunderDan
10-06-2019, 03:02 PM

All I will say is wow and move on. If not standing during a song with a flag near by is pissing on your country you are so thin skinned it is unbelievable.

RashanGary
10-06-2019, 03:03 PM
I feel like there is a conspiracy against bears. Bet there’s a holding real soon.

Rastak
10-06-2019, 03:04 PM
i hear ya, but seems like a big difference between exercising the hard won right to not suffer under tyranny and trying to topple our democracy.

Who is exactly suffering under tyranny here? Depending on your perspective I can see different answers but alot of the answers I wouldn't agree with.

RashanGary
10-06-2019, 03:06 PM
I hope that’s sweat on keys backside and not pee

Rastak
10-06-2019, 03:07 PM
Bears are trying to win it.....

Rastak
10-06-2019, 03:08 PM
Not trying real hard.

RashanGary
10-06-2019, 03:08 PM
Turdbisky looking better all of a sudden

RashanGary
10-06-2019, 03:10 PM
Maybe it’s the traveling. This bear defense just flipped script and look completely different than the first 4 weeks. Hicks out isn’t going to help them. All 4 north teams have a shot at the division this year.

Rastak
Turdbisky looking better all of a sudden

I was surprised Daniels looked as good as he did.

Rastak
Maybe it’s the traveling. This bear defense just flipped script and look completely different than the first 4 weeks. Hicks out isn’t going to help them. All 4 north teams have a shot at the division this year.

I agree with you on this. Gonna be tight.

Rastak
10-06-2019, 03:13 PM
Ravens are in overtime...they are not impressing me.

mraynrand
10-06-2019, 03:13 PM
Failcons!

mraynrand
10-06-2019, 03:14 PM
Not trying real hard.

lol.

pbmax
10-06-2019, 03:18 PM
Hail Mary time it is.

If I have to see Bears win on a bet or see the Bears travel a few thousand miles to lose, I’ll take the loss on both sides. :)

ThunderDan
10-06-2019, 03:20 PM
Wow, what a punch out by the Ravens DB.

ThunderDan
10-06-2019, 03:26 PM
Ravens kicked game winning FG in OT.

mraynrand
10-06-2019, 03:35 PM
Carolina better w/o Cam!

pbmax
10-06-2019, 09:14 PM
Mason Rudolph done got blowed up by the Ravens. He will be overnight in the hospital for evaluation. Got him in the chin and bounced his head sideways sharply and quickly. Had the arm salute going on as he fell to the turf.

Not sure the offensive lineman shaking his chest are helping much.

Someone is probably going to get into trouble for this as the cart wasn't working properly to take him off the field. So they walked him off the field without immobilizing him. And now he is overnight in the hospital.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FC51pSyZBpM

RashanGary
10-06-2019, 09:15 PM
Brissett playing a damn good game so far

ThunderDan
10-06-2019, 09:20 PM
Mason Rudolph done got blowed up by the Ravens. He will be overnight in the hospital for evaluation. Got him in the chin and bounced his head sideways sharply and quickly. Had the arm salute going on as he fell to the turf.

Someone is probably going to get into trouble for this as the cart wasn't working properly to take him off the field. So they walked him off the field without immobilizing him. And now he is overnight in the hospital.

According to half time show of tonight’s game, Rudolph is already at home for the night.

RashanGary
10-06-2019, 09:20 PM

He looks like Mary’s brother in “something about Mary.” “Don’t touch my ears!!”

RashanGary
10-06-2019, 09:45 PM
Mahomes beat up.

RashanGary
10-06-2019, 09:46 PM
Chiefs looking mortal.

RashanGary
10-06-2019, 10:02 PM
Damn. Colts playing tough.

RashanGary
10-06-2019, 10:03 PM
I could see Colts winning a SB with Brissett. He’s never gonna be a top paid guy but he’s damn good. That extra money can go to a stud OL or two.

RashanGary
10-06-2019, 10:05 PM
Colts shoving it down KCs throat. Damn

pbmax
10-06-2019, 10:36 PM
He looks like Mary’s brother in “something about Mary.” “Don’t touch my ears!!”

Good to hear. The news report I read updated itself to include the overnight part.

pbmax
10-06-2019, 10:37 PM
Hmmm. Colts are apparently pretty good.

pbmax
10-06-2019, 10:41 PM
Chiefs fans also left with some time left on the clock.

call_me_ishmael
10-06-2019, 11:31 PM
Why does anyone play this game?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FC51pSyZBpM&feature=player_embedded

Sure, they moneys good. I'd get in, get paid, get out as fast as possible.

RashanGary
10-06-2019, 11:43 PM

Thomas jawed him. He’s fine.

mraynrand
10-07-2019, 06:13 AM

I haven't seen a guy go down sack o' potatoes like that since Deion Grant

pbmax
10-07-2019, 04:40 PM
Its a Choose Your Own Adventure thread starring Mason Rudolph's soggy melon:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EGTcDqsUYAAhw3T?format=jpg&name=large

Joemailman
10-07-2019, 04:42 PM
As I get older, I appreciate the large print.

mraynrand
10-07-2019, 04:56 PM
Fortunately our founders established the amendment process so that under the 25th amendment there is a back-up cart available in case the first cart is unable to perform it's duties.

pbmax
10-07-2019, 05:11 PM
Fortunately our founders established the amendment process so that under the 25th amendment there is a back-up cart available in case the first cart is unable to perform it's duties.

You try to get a majority vote of principal officers of the relevant departments while in Pittsburgh and Rothliesberger will just keep shouting until you hear his knock knock joke.

George Cumby
10-07-2019, 06:47 PM
You try to get a majority vote of principal officers of the relevant departments while in Pittsburgh and Rothliesberger will just keep shouting until you hear his knock knock joke.

And there, my friends, you see the violence inherent in the system.

mraynrand
10-07-2019, 07:59 PM
I know Baker Mayfield wants to be like Favre, but throwing picks is probably not the best trait to emulate.

mraynrand
10-07-2019, 08:00 PM
Blue Emo got absolutely torched on the opening run.

Joemailman
10-07-2019, 08:05 PM
I know Baker Mayfield wants to be like Favre, but throwing picks is probably not the best trait to emulate.

So you're saying dick pics are better than throwing picks?

pbmax
10-07-2019, 10:20 PM
So you're saying dick pics are better than throwing picks?

One costs money, the other the game.

pbmax
10-07-2019, 10:21 PM
Folks on this here board who were betting on Kitchens or Monken (hand raised) as HC or coordinator don't have much to lean on so far this year.

mraynrand
10-07-2019, 11:09 PM
Dick pick from Richard Sherman tonight.

RashanGary
10-08-2019, 12:20 AM
Glad I got in early on my 49ers to win NFC bet. I got 49ers, Packers and Cowboys early when Saints, Rams and Eagles we’re run away favorites. Those bets looking better every week.

RashanGary
10-08-2019, 02:21 PM
Watching the Steelers game. The theatrics when rudolf got knocked out was too much. Dude got hit in the jaw and knocked out. Back in the day they gave a guy smelling salts and he was back in the game 2 plays later. They make it out like he almost died. Wtf.

Zool
10-08-2019, 02:23 PM
Watching the Steelers game. The theatrics when rudolf got knocked out was too much. Dude got hit in the jaw and knocked out. Back in the day they gave a guy smelling salts and he was back in the game 2 plays later. They make it out like he almost died. Wtf.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dave_Duerson#Death

Cheesehead Craig
10-08-2019, 06:23 PM
We need these guys to replace Joe Buck and Troy Aikman.

https://youtu.be/F83EvuMrfgo

ThunderDan
10-10-2019, 07:41 PM
Marshmallow gives up easy sack of Brady. Looks the same as when he was a Packer.

KYPack
10-10-2019, 09:25 PM
Marshmallow gives up easy sack of Brady. Looks the same as when he was a Packer.

Yup TD. I can't believe that dude got a starting gig w/ the Pats.

pbmax
10-11-2019, 08:15 AM
I just played Craig's video. I might investigate the SAP channel on Monday. I had been going mute with closed captions prior to this to avoid having a meltdown.

pbmax
10-11-2019, 08:17 AM
The NFL is going to have to bring back those veterans who figured out what a catch was. Because pass interference is a mess right now.

https://twitter.com/CharlesRobinson/status/1182496907630972930

mraynrand
10-11-2019, 08:20 AM
The NFL is going to have to bring back those veterans who figured out what a catch was. Because pass interference is a mess right now.

"By the time we get to the playoffs, you’re going to need to have tied him to a chair and put him on the train tracks like Looney Tunes."

mraynrand
10-11-2019, 08:22 AM

Crap like this basically confirms it: the refs are saying "FU, we don't get PI wrong. Stop throwing your damn red flags."

pbmax
10-11-2019, 08:43 AM
Crap like this basically confirms it: the refs are saying "FU, we don't get PI wrong. Stop throwing your damn red flags."

Its like home plate umpires and strike calls.

"We have thousands of examples of you calling low and off the plate as a strike. You need to stop."

"Judgement call. They all looked like a strike to me."

ThunderDan
10-12-2019, 08:06 AM
Its like home plate umpires and strike calls.

"We have thousands of examples of you calling low and off the plate as a strike. You need to stop."

"Judgement call. They all looked like a strike to me."

The funny thing to me was it was 35-14 near the end of the game. Just fucking called it the PI that it was and no one cares. You could have reversed that call and shown exactly the type of plays that should be reversed.

mraynrand
10-12-2019, 08:29 AM
The funny thing to me was it was 35-14 near the end of the game. Just fucking called it the PI that it was and no one cares. You could have reversed that call and shown exactly the type of plays that should be reversed.

My Guess: They don't want the calls 'perfectly' correct, necessarily. They want the coaches to stop throwing red flags. The NFL is pushing the line that the PI review is ONLY for outrageous blown calls that decide games. Not for ordinary blown/close calls that happen as the game goes along. They don't want the authority of the refs on the field to be questioned as much, so they do not want to review or reverse close calls, even if the refs technically got them wrong. So right now it seems that they are 'retraining' the coaches not to throw the flag; effectively by not reversing obvious calls, they are punishing coaches for throwing the flag. Eventually gettin hit over the nose with a rolled up newspaper should stop the coaches from urinating on the field.

RashanGary
10-12-2019, 10:23 AM
I think they’re just saying there is grey area, close calls real time and they’re just gonna stick with the refs judgement on any close call.

pbmax
10-12-2019, 10:27 AM
My Guess: They don't want the calls 'perfectly' correct, necessarily. They want the coaches to stop throwing red flags. The NFL is pushing the line that the PI review is ONLY for outrageous blown calls that decide games.

The Sons of Mike Renfro silently weep. Its been the goal all along, but remains elusive.

George Cumby
10-12-2019, 01:53 PM
We need SkyNet to take over NFL officiating.

mraynrand
10-12-2019, 02:02 PM
We need SkyNet to take over NFL officiating.

Fuck you, Asshole.*

*how is this any different?

pbmax
10-12-2019, 03:24 PM
In the greatest NFL Preview issue ever (1979), Byron Donzis (http://letmegooglethat.com/?q=who+was+byron+donzis) predicted that pari-mutual betting would be available to fans during games at the stadium on a hand held device. Like a ticket window at the horse track.

That technology now resides on your phone. Let fans vote on whether a repay should be instituted.

No I don't care of the Jags don't get a review of one of their plays for the next 3 years.

Fritz
10-12-2019, 03:59 PM
The fans are already wrecking the sport.

Rastak
10-13-2019, 01:05 PM
Vikings are beating the Green piss out of the Eagles.

mraynrand
10-13-2019, 01:12 PM
Vikings are beating the Green piss out of the Eagles.

spoke too soon?

mraynrand
10-13-2019, 01:12 PM
The fans are already wrecking the sport.

I'm sorry

mraynrand
10-13-2019, 01:16 PM
Houston has Coutees.

Rastak
10-13-2019, 01:17 PM
spoke too soon?

I think they have a two TD lead still if I am not mistaking. Plus when I said it they were. Their DBs are basckups and I can see why....terrible. Wentz is pretty good but it's gonna be uphill for them unless they pull out 2-3 huge big plays.

Rastak
10-13-2019, 01:23 PM
Browns beating Seattle......slightly surprised.

Rastak
10-13-2019, 01:32 PM
Eagles with a fake FG - you get cute you get beat. Not sure I agree - of course if you score you are a genius but I would rather have the points.

Rastak
10-13-2019, 01:57 PM
Vikes got a phantom interference call. I'll take it.

Rastak
10-13-2019, 02:04 PM
Ok, place is dead with Packers playing Monday, adios, enjoy the Sunday football!

Fritz
10-13-2019, 03:40 PM
Ok, place is dead with Packers playing Monday, adios, enjoy the Sunday football!

Last I saw, Seattle was ahead of the Brownies. Ugh. Dislike those Seahawks.

pbmax
10-13-2019, 04:42 PM
Last I saw, Seattle was ahead of the Brownies. Ugh. Dislike those Seahawks.

Couldn’t believe Cleveland was favored when I saw it.

MadScientist
10-13-2019, 04:49 PM
Jets proving that running up a big first half lead against the Cowboys is just a normal thing.

ThunderDan
10-13-2019, 04:54 PM
Cowgirls playing with no energy.

mraynrand
10-13-2019, 05:00 PM
lol @ Cowgirls and Failcons

mraynrand
10-13-2019, 05:06 PM
Couldn’t believe Cleveland was favored when I saw it.

"That Baker Mayfield is just like Brett Favre. Now how about that Brett Favre? Favre is like the most Favre-like Favre player we've ever seen in the NFL. Favre isn't the greatest QuarterBack ever, but he's the most Brett-Favre-like quarter back ever. I mean errr-rrargh-shraw-ggrrr Brett Favre. Mayfield may just be the closest to Favre of every non-Favre player to date. Just look at him throw that ball like Favre, and scramble, and throw touchdowns. Now, he throws picks too, but so did Favre, trying to makes plays and rrrr-grrr, muhguhrrrr, favrrrggg, Brett Favre..."

https://cdn-s3.si.com/images/John-Madden-Getty-8.jpg

Teamcheez1
10-13-2019, 06:18 PM
Referees are giving the game to Dallas at the end of the game.

Teamcheez1
10-13-2019, 06:33 PM
How sweet to see Dallas lose to the Jets!

pbmax
10-13-2019, 06:50 PM
Can't wait to hear how Skip blames this on the Packers.

Teamcheez1
10-13-2019, 07:00 PM

There is almost nothing better than watching Shannon Sharpe eviscerate Skip Bayless on their Monday morning show.

Radagast
10-13-2019, 07:10 PM

If I accidentally put the channel on wrong and Bayless is on my screen, I race to change the channel before I get sick or throw something at my TV. Not only do I detest that waist of space, but refuse to allow him to accumulate any ratings points due to me. Hopefully someday we will not ever hear from that annoying germ again. That's my opinion of Bayless with the bark still on.

Cheesehead Craig
10-13-2019, 08:20 PM

He's just saying how great Dak is for almost overcoming huge deficits. I don't get the logic of falling short to the winless Jets somehow makes you great. But that's Skip.

pbmax
10-13-2019, 09:07 PM
Steelers always put a whooping on someone when you least expect it.

RashanGary
10-14-2019, 01:14 AM
I had a good betting week

Had a parlay with Texans over chiefs and Steelers over Chargers
Had saints beating jags
Had a bet on just the Steelers beating chargers

Lost one. I made a small 1.15 bet to win $100 on a 5 part parlay.

Texans over chiefs
Texans chiefs under 55.5
Saints over jags
Titans over broncos
Steelers over Chargers

Mariota screwed me out of $100. Only lost a dollar though. Still, pisses me off. I like to win them all.

Radagast
10-14-2019, 04:11 AM
I don't gamble, but I've been around those that did. Football and a few other sports were their primary focus. Cards and Poker were also their world. I've played in my time in a lot of poker games, but with friends and for very low stakes. I learned early on that the bookies and the casinos hold all of the advantages and out to take your money. While winning is great, loosing can clean you out.

I will do a friendly dollar or five dollar handshake bet on a football game with my brother or a close friend, but nothing more as bad feelings can come sometimes from poor losers. So I never bet in larger denominations. I don't look down on those that place large bets as that is their business and not mine.

Also, some believe that the Raiders move to Las Vegas will not go well. It is a well known gambling center, but as much or more gambling goes on in LA and NY and other cities, yet player bribery and/or gambling has not been a serious worry. Such things have and will happen again regardless of the sports teams home city. Players/management need only look to how Baseball has dealt with Pete Rose. Rose got caught and has been held up as an example of how even a hands down HOF player can ruin his carrier/reputation.
Las Vegas has the hotels, restaurants, and soon the stadium to make it work. The gambling and shows and attractions of the city will just go to sweeten the experience. I wonder just how long it will take for basketball or baseball to show up there as well.

Cheesehead Craig
10-14-2019, 11:14 AM
The Rams and Chiefs no longer look like the the dominating teams everyone thought they were.

For me the MVP race is between Russell Wilson and DeShaun Watson. Dark horse candidate right now is Lamar Jackson.

call_me_ishmael
10-14-2019, 11:40 AM
I think I was the only one here loving Deshaun Watson before the draft. He is the truth. Honestly - ARod sort of closer to the middle of the pack than top tier these days. As a whole, I think QBs get better and better every few years. The early education and training is just so much better these days presumably. Probably a combination of film study, practice habits, etc. But it seems crazy to me that *most* QBs don't bust anymore and are typically capable of winning some games.

I don't fear for the Packers after ARod. In fact, I think there's a good chance that they'll be better and end up with a "better" quarterback for today's NFL.

Watson
Mahomes
Wentz
Goff to a lesser extent
Darnold looks darn promising

2013 - 2015 was horrible but outside of that, pretty darn good lads.

Anti-Polar Bear
10-14-2019, 12:34 PM
Watson makes alotta good plays but he seems prone to throwing in a few uncool plays here and there.

Threw 2 boneheaded picks into double coverage against Kansas City. The GNA I was sitting next to at the bar was like, “See, shit like this is why blacks shouldn’t play QB.” I was like, “Yo, Favre used to do shit like that, too!” GNA was like, “Favre’s a hillbilly; ain’t much differences between a country road hillbilly and a ghetto gangster - they’re all ignorant, uneducated, brainwashed, working-class egotists.” I was like, “Ironic, you’ve just defined GNA!”

Anyways, the more I watch Mahomes plays, which isn’t much coz I’m boycotting the NFL, the more he reminds me of a young Great Arm of Butte, moreso than a young Gunslinger.

Joemailman
10-14-2019, 12:43 PM
I think I was the only one here loving Deshaun Watson before the draft. He is the truth. Honestly - ARod sort of closer to the middle of the pack than top tier these days. As a whole, I think QBs get better and better every few years. The early education and training is just so much better these days presumably. Probably a combination of film study, practice habits, etc. But it seems crazy to me that *most* QBs don't bust anymore and are typically capable of winning some games.

I don't fear for the Packers after ARod. In fact, I think there's a good chance that they'll be better and end up with a "better" quarterback for today's NFL.

Watson
Mahomes
Wentz
Goff to a lesser extent
Darnold looks darn promising

2013 - 2015 was horrible but outside of that, pretty darn good lads.

The Packers will have a huge decision to make if Rodgers doesn't start looking like an above average QB as the season goes on,and into next year. Hundley and Kizer have convinced a lot of people the Packers HAVE to make this work with Rodgers. I'm not so sure. I'm of the opinion that that Rodgers and McCarthy had devised an offense that only Rodgers could run effectively, so they had no chance when Rodgers was out. The McVay/Shanahan/Lafleur offense is very different though. It is much simpler for a QB to run with much less emphasis on the QB making last second adjustments. In fact, I suspect it was designed specifically so that you don't need a Rodgers or Brees or Brady to run it effectively. I don't believe now that if the Packers didn't have Rodgers, that we would see a repeat of the 1970's horror show.

Some will say that other than Adams, the Packers don't have the receivers you need. But there are a number of teams who are passing the ball better than the Packers who don't have one receiver as good as Adams, much less two. A QB who is making 30+ million needs to be better than the middle of the pack QB that Rodgers has been since his 2017 collarbone injury.

call_me_ishmael
10-14-2019, 01:53 PM
I do wonder what has changed in the college game. So in the late 2000s and early 2010s we saw an awful lot of QB busts. It was often mentioned how the spread offense was just making things too easy for a QB in college and they didn't need to make all of the throws that they'd need to make in the NFL.

Now that the NFL is wide open and more about *quick/twitchy* players getting the ball in space - often via short to mid range routes - I wonder how much you really need to have the big time arm talent vs just being very accurate. Of course, Wentz and Mahomes have all-world arm talent so clearly it still plays a factor.

So what has changed in the past 5 years that the average QB that reaches the NFL in the first round is generally able to be effective?

Is it that the NFL looks more like college?

Is it a simplified scheme and simplified set of reads?

Is it that the defenses are simplifying?

Is it that everything that's interesting has already been recorded on tape and effectively schemed around?

Is it that they're just better players and more prepared skilled athletes from superior preparation from an early age?

Is the high school game changing to schemes that are closer to what the players would be playing in the big leagues?

Something somewhere seems to have changed to me.

call_me_ishmael
10-14-2019, 01:57 PM
The Packers will have a huge decision to make if Rodgers doesn't start looking like an above average QB as the season goes on,and into next year. Hundley and Kizer have convinced a lot of people the Packers HAVE to make this work with Rodgers. I'm not so sure. I'm of the opinion that that Rodgers and McCarthy had devised an offense that only Rodgers could run effectively, so they had no chance when Rodgers was out. The McVay/Shanahan/Lafleur offense is very different though. It is much simpler for a QB to run with much less emphasis on the QB making last second adjustments. In fact, I suspect it was designed specifically so that you don't need a Rodgers or Brees or Brady to run it effectively. I don't believe now that if the Packers didn't have Rodgers, that we would see a repeat of the 1970's horror show.

Some will say that other than Adams, the Packers don't have the receivers you need. But there are a number of teams who are passing the ball better than the Packers who don't have one receiver as good as Adams, much less two. A QB who is making 30+ million needs to be better than the middle of the pack QB that Rodgers has been since his 2017 collarbone injury.

Great post Joe. I tend to agree with you and I am anxious to see the situation play out and get some clarity.

pbmax
10-14-2019, 02:19 PM

Rodgers does have old QB disease, where he want a WR that will make adjustments with him and not be only beholden to his WR coach. But with dreck plus Aaron Jones (no Adams), he was pretty efficient last week. His fifth week in this system.

Packers pass offense ranks 9th in passing according to Football Outsiders. In a new system, with some talent deficiencies and remnants of poor form on short balls and a lack of touch on long balls, he is distinctly better than average. Not 2011, but pretty good. Almost as impressive as LaFleur and Rodgers seeming to come to some sort of agreement, is Rodgers getting himself straightened out on shorter throws and a new willingness to throw over the middle. He is not the easiest person to work with I suspect, but he is working to improve.

The QBs ahead of him are: Wilson, Mahomes, Prescott, Stafford, Bortles/Minishew, Brady, Garapollo, Wentz.

Wilson and Minishew are in run heavy systems where a pass is a stunner. Prescott is passing more this year with a new passing game coordinator, but as its been less of a surprise and they have played better teams, his level of success has dropped.

The others are first round picks except JimmyG, who was drafted in the 2nd (and traded for a second).

So unless you expect the Packers to spend the 1st or 2nd round pick on a QB, Rodgers will be back next year. Kizer is not going to make this work. Boyle maybe, but it'll take another year minimum before they are convinced.

pbmax
10-14-2019, 02:46 PM
I do wonder what has changed in the college game. So in the late 2000s and early 2010s we saw an awful lot of QB busts. It was often mentioned how the spread offense was just making things too easy for a QB in college and they didn't need to make all of the throws that they'd need to make in the NFL.

Now that the NFL is wide open and more about *quick/twitchy* players getting the ball in space - often via short to mid range routes - I wonder how much you really need to have the big time arm talent vs just being very accurate. Of course, Wentz and Mahomes have all-world arm talent so clearly it still plays a factor.

So what has changed in the past 5 years that the average QB that reaches the NFL in the first round is generally able to be effective?

Is it that the NFL looks more like college?

I think NFL has moved toward college after a lot of NFL offense move to college after Bill Walsh. The WCO was a hard install for college under the best of circumstances. Also hard to find a statuesque QB to stand in and throw it.

There was already pressure to have an alternative (options) when the NCAA limited practice time and number of scholarships. Then the pressure was really on an offense you could install and fool the defense with in a short time frame.

NFL shortened the offseason about the same time as teams and there analytics were telling them that waiting for the next Elway was a losing proposition. You were playing a superior team strategy with a weak hand. So for various reasons (Kaepernick, RGIII and others) the idea of making the offense simpler for the O players started to catch on. High salaries for draft picks probably helped push people along (no one wants to wait while playing a premium for a QB to learn the offense for 2 years) ben though this pressure was lessened by the 2011 CBA.

Now that young QBs are cheaper, offenses that are ready for them to run are even more in demand.

pbmax
10-14-2019, 03:04 PM
I suspect the Packers do something about the QB position in the draft. But unless its early, I don't think Rodgers is going anywhere for 2 additional years.

mraynrand
10-14-2019, 03:30 PM
I suspect the Packers do something about the QB position in the draft. But unless its early, I don't think Rodgers is going anywhere for 2 additional years.

Even if it's early, he won't go right away. No matter what people try to tell me, these first year guys generally can't run NFL offenses all that well. Some of course can, but most don't. But $$$ says they play.

Joemailman
10-14-2019, 03:44 PM
The others are first round picks except JimmyG, who was drafted in the 2nd (and traded for a second).

So unless you expect the Packers to spend the 1st or 2nd round pick on a QB, Rodgers will be back next year. Kizer is not going to make this work. Boyle maybe, but it'll take another year minimum before they are convinced.Gutekunst worked under Wolf and Thompson. So I wouldn't be surprised at some point to see Gutekunst spend a 1st or 2nd round pick on a QB. I don't know enough about the 2020 QB class to say whether it's likely to be that early.

pbmax
10-14-2019, 05:09 PM
For comparison's sake:

Aaron Schatz @FO_ASchatz
The struggling Patriots offense ranks 7th in DVOA after Week 6. Take out their best game, against Pittsburgh, and they would rank 19th. But Week 1 sure seems recent enough to me that it should still matter!

texaspackerbacker
10-15-2019, 08:36 AM
Seriously? Talk of dumping Rodgers? How idiotic can you get?

The Packers O Line had one of their better games, but still, just about anybody other than Aaron Rodgers would have been hopeless. The Lions pass coverage was very decent, and our receivers were just ok to put if charitably. Our running game is a half step above ok now - why? Because of Aaron Rodgers and the threat of him making plays.

Lists of QBs who are better? Seriously? How dumb can you get? Those guys throw interceptions - and I don't mean the kind that bounce off a receiver's chest or face. Do some of you fools not comprehend how many games are lost by the team seemingly playing better, but throwing interceptions? The only QBs playing on the same level - maybe - with Rodgers right now are Mahomes and maybe Russell Wilson, and he didn't have a very good game this week. Stafford looked decent this game, but he has a long history of throwing it to the other team. All of those "grass is greener" guys mentioned have games where by skill or luck, they don't throw interceptions, but not consistently. And conveniently in this bunch of stupid "aging" comments about Rodgers, Tom Brady wasn't even mentioned hahahahaha. He still comes damn close to being as good as Rodgers, and he's how much older?

Somebody said maybe Rodgers will still be around for two more years? Like that's something special? Sheeeeeesh! I'd be damn surprised if he isn't playing and playing at a high level for another 4 or 5, and I wouldn't be shocked at all if he plays well into his forties.

run pMc
10-15-2019, 10:10 AM
Aaron Rodgers turns 36 in about 6 weeks. Favre played until 41 and most think his Ironman record won't be broken. The rules changes help QB longevity, but with the injuries Rodgers has had I think he can play another 4-5 years at most. Really it's a matter of how well he can play by that time.
I could see them taking a QB late in the next draft and developing them slowly so that by the time Rodgers hits 38 the young guy has a grasp of the offense and can read a defense. If they can't find someone they like (there are some good QBs in the next draft) then they will have to probably draft with a higher pick in a subsequent draft. The alternatives are let Rodgers play out the string and hope they get lucky (which CHI has shown can take decades) or pull a Vikings and sign a high priced vet a la Cousins.

That Joe Burrow kid out of LSU is climbing the draft boards, for example, but I think he'll likely go R1 because QBs get overdrafted.

I will say that Rodgers is playing better -- in each of the last few games he's made a couple of wow throws, and I don't recall any of the WTF one-hop throws like he had last year...and this is despite playing with a washed up Graham, MVS, and a bunch of UDFAs.

Gotarace
10-15-2019, 11:28 AM
I would be surprised to see the Packers burn a high draft choice on someone who will sit most of their Rookie Contract on the Pine...Isn't that how teams are rebuilding and stacking their roster playing the new kid at QB while his contract isn't that much of a blow to the Cap? The German Shepard has glaring holes to fill before worrying about Aarons replacement the next few years.

mraynrand
10-15-2019, 01:31 PM
It all depends where they pick and who is there. If a franchise level guy drops to them you have to take em. Even a guy you think will be an above average stranger is worth the pick. You want to have that guy on the roster even if he doesn’t play for a year or two. And given injuries and age he will play sooner than later.

Just don’t break the draft bank on a guy....

texaspackerbacker
10-15-2019, 01:37 PM
No No No. We do NOT have glaring holes to fill - that was last year when we were in such sad shape at OLB and Safety. We certainly could do like we did when Rodgers fell to us in the draft and take somebody in the next draft. I don't think we will, and even more so, I don't think we should. First of all, the star college QBs don't always translate to star pro QBs, although it's a pretty good bet. Secondly, even though we took most of Rodgers' rookie contract to get make him a starter, that doesn't mean it is necessary or even a good idea. Somebody stated - correctly - in some thread that QBs nowadays are becoming starters, usually good starters earlier in their careers than in the past. Doing that, you get a couple more years on the cheap when you can use your cap money elsewhere. I like that idea. Lastly, we have so many people in here who seem to prefer a run-first type offense; That being the case, maybe it would be logical to go with a game manager or a running QB - somebody like Lamar Alexander.

Regardless, IMO it's way too soon to make a decision or take any draft-type action on this matter.

pbmax
10-15-2019, 02:15 PM
No No No. We do NOT have glaring holes to fill - that was last year when we were in such sad shape at OLB and Safety. r.

Still need a OT, ILB and a D Lineman. Though those lineman sure looked better last night.

Is this a week the coordinators get to talk to the press? Maybe Pettine gets the question about run defense last night versus the eagles game.

run pMc
10-15-2019, 02:56 PM
Still need a OT, ILB and a D Lineman.

and a WR :P

Re: run D I think Denver found something, Philly copied it, and after that Pettine got it fixed. The bulk of the rushing yards MIN got were on the long run by Cook. Agree it would be good to hear his thoughts. He's a quality DC.

texaspackerbacker
10-15-2019, 06:15 PM
Still need a OT, ILB and a D Lineman. Though those lineman sure looked better last night.

Is this a week the coordinators get to talk to the press? Maybe Pettine gets the question about run defense last night versus the eagles game.

It isn't the same. We've had low quality O Lines for a long time - good times and bad our QBs survived on mobility after being rushed horribly, and our running game sputtered most of the time due to poor blocking. It's a little bit better this year, both run blocking and pass blocking. My point, though, is we can get by without having a super quality O Line. 20 years or more of history demonstrates that. Would Aaron Rodgers be better with better pass blocking? Maybe, but it's hard to believe he could be much better. Would Jones and Williams be better with better run blocking? Maybe, but look at Ezekial Elliot and the Cowboy line ...... I don't see that much better quality there even with all those #1 draft picks. And speaking of #1 O Line picks, it is anything but sure a #1 pick is gonna be clearly better than somebody drafted lower. I said last draft, I wanted maybe 2 or 3 O Linemen taken from the 3rd to 6th round. We got one pretty good one. I'll say the same for the next draft.

ILB: We very seldom use more than one at a time; We have Burks who still may develop and be good; It would be a waste to take an ILB before about the 4th round.

As I've said many times, I really don't think we need to draft a WR early. TE on the other hand, maybe. I'm finally coming around to the point of view that Jimmy Graham is barely worth keeping and not worth the money he's paid, and Tonyan probably is not ever gonna be star quality.

I'd probably draft a D Lineman in the 1st round, but I wouldn't call that an urgent need either - not on the level of OLB and S last year. I'd also seriously consider signing a proven quality free agent D Lineman.

What Pettine would probably say is whenever you use scheme to compensate for lesser personnel, you leave something vulnerable, and occasionally, offenses find the vulnerability. If you don't compensate, then the vulnerability is the weak personnel - the D Linemen other than Clark and M. Adams. Is it coincidence that when M. Adams came back, our run defense suddenly got better? Maybe.

Bottom Line: we certainly could draft a QB in the first round, but it wouldn't be wise this soon.

Fritz
10-16-2019, 11:52 AM
Huge game for the Leos on Sunday against the Vikes, playing in Detroit City. Can they bounce back, or will they become the SOL - Same Ol' Lions?

run pMc
10-17-2019, 08:27 AM
It isn't the same. We've had low quality O Lihnes for a long time - good times and bad our QBs survived on mobility after being rushed horribly, and our running game sputtered most of the time due to poor blocking.

What isn't the same -- the need for QB vs OL? You could say OL can play well into their 30's so they should resign Bulaga, and the OL will be ok. It's not much different from arguing your QB can play until they're 40.
For the record, I'm not suggesting Gute draft someone and replace Rodgers next season. I do think Rodgers still has some good seasons left. I'm thinking they need someone to groom to be Rodgers successor and backup. Boyle is fun, but I have no faith he could win them games with their WR corps as it is. It wouldn't shock me if they kick the QB can down the road a year or two and Gute signed someone like Mariota to backup Rodgers...MLF knows him. After thinking about it, I agree drafting a guy NOW and having him sit most of his first contract is not how teams want to operate, and it's not how some of the more successful teams are doing it currently.

Also, I don't think their OL has been that bad (with the exception of last year's OG issues)... take a look at MIA's or ARI's OL. GB at least has quality OT's, a good C, and a pair of decent G's this year. I'd say they were pretty decent when they had Sitton/Lang or even Taylor/Lang at G. Bahk taking over for Clifton, Bulaga being solid... I don't think OL has been an issue -- at least in pass-pro. Rodgers holds the ball a long time, so many of the sacks and hits he takes are on him. As for running, M3 didn't emphasize it like MLF does, so I expect that's partly why they are better at it.
They aren't world-beaters, but I just don't get the criticism of the OL's performance as bad. I'd think if you considered their performance aggregated over the last 5 seasons it would come out around as #10-15th best.

run pMc
10-17-2019, 08:29 AM
Huge game for the Leos on Sunday against the Vikes, playing in Detroit City. Can they bounce back, or will they become the SOL - Same Ol' Lions?

Good question. If they can put the GB loss behind them and use it as fuel they could give a surging MIN team fits. I think MIN wins this though -- Cook is going to give them all kinds of trouble.

pbmax
10-17-2019, 08:47 PM
Mahomes looking unlikely to play versus Packers next week.

Denver’s offense isn’t so bad it makes KC’a defense look effective.

pbmax
10-17-2019, 09:58 PM
PFF
Noah Fant had 13 drops on 91 catchable passes in his career

He made 4 contested catches the past two seasons total

mraynrand
10-17-2019, 10:04 PM
How good is KC’s Spag defense? Who knows when playing Denver? With Flacco as QB, the defensive line knows exactly where he will be on every drop back - about 4-5 yards directly behind center. Just rush to that spot and Flacco will be there. Ugh. Awful football.

texaspackerbacker
10-18-2019, 12:45 AM
Mahomes is out 3 weeks minimum, more if there is ligament damage.

hoosier
10-18-2019, 08:12 AM

I always assumed SOL was shit out (of) luck. Then I saw the Same old Lions thing last week. I still like the out o' luck meme. I guess maybe this acronym pulls double duty?

mraynrand
10-18-2019, 08:15 AM
I always assumed SOL was shit out (of) luck. Then I saw the Same old Lions thing last week. I still like the out o' luck meme. I guess maybe this acronym pulls double duty?

Surely it’s intentional....

pbmax
10-18-2019, 08:16 AM

With the Lions, they are often interchangeable.

mraynrand
10-18-2019, 08:17 AM
Mahomes is out 3 weeks minimum, more if there is ligament damage.

Favre would lace ‘em up next Sunday. Kids these days....

texaspackerbacker
10-18-2019, 09:36 AM
I wouldn't rule it out hahahahahahaha.

Wait, you meant if he had a dislocated knee ...... my first thought was you meant he'd sign with K.C. in time for the Packers game hahahaha.

mraynrand
10-18-2019, 10:05 AM
my first thought was you meant he'd sign with K.C. in time for the Packers game hahahaha.

I bet he'd do it if they asked

pbmax
10-18-2019, 12:19 PM
Mahomes without much ligament damage and no fracture. No surgery needed. Minimum three weeks but back this year. Per RapSheet.

hoosier
10-18-2019, 01:51 PM
Christian Yelich shouldda been so lucky.

RashanGary
10-20-2019, 07:08 AM
Teams I like:

Titans: I’m a fan of the defense and also of their coach
Jaguars: Minshew mania!! DJ Chark do-do-do-doooo
Buccaneers: Godwin and Ronald Jones
49ere: I hate picking a threatening NFC team, but kittle might be my favorite NFL player
Texans: I heart Hopkins and Watson to a lesser degree
Giants: My sons fav team.

RashanGary
10-20-2019, 07:18 AM
I’m a fan of the titans defense. With Jeffrey Simmons coming back next year and all the cap space they have... if they somehow find a decent QB, they could be a dangerous team.

yetisnowman
10-20-2019, 11:18 AM
Pretty nice slate of games today. Bunch of critical matchups. I hope they never add games beyond 16. The schedule makes each individual game have just the right amount of weight and intensity.

Rastak
10-20-2019, 03:10 PM
Looking like the Vikes have pounded the Lions in their home stadium. Barring a nutty ending that is.

RashanGary
10-20-2019, 03:25 PM
I need Bears/Saints to stay under 38 points.

RashanGary
10-20-2019, 03:26 PM
Lots of good returners today. I need good STs coverage units from both teams!

Anti-Polar Bear
10-20-2019, 03:29 PM
Lots of good returners today. I need good STs coverage units from both teams!

The bears punter just saved you 5 points.

RashanGary
10-20-2019, 03:40 PM
I don’t know if I’ve ever seen a worse thrower than turdbisky

RashanGary
10-20-2019, 03:40 PM

I know. Thank you oddonell!

RashanGary
10-20-2019, 04:02 PM

Well, that’s not what I was hoping for.

RashanGary
10-20-2019, 04:08 PM
Offenses making me look smart. Defenses and STs making me look like a dickhead

RashanGary
10-20-2019, 04:19 PM
Cam Jordan a hell of a player

yetisnowman
10-20-2019, 04:37 PM
Marcus Peters with the 70 yd pick 6 for BAL. Wilson's first INT of the year.

RashanGary
10-20-2019, 04:41 PM
Turdbisky makes bears worst team in the north. Without a doubt.

RashanGary
10-20-2019, 04:42 PM
Nagy doesn’t look well rested. Turdbisky not good for Nagys health

RashanGary
10-20-2019, 04:44 PM
Bears defense kind of sucks all of a sudden. Haha effect??

RashanGary
10-20-2019, 04:45 PM
Dick head bears need a turnover. Boy, that team sucks ass

RashanGary
10-20-2019, 04:48 PM
I can’t believe how bad the Bears are. They’re done.

pbmax
10-20-2019, 04:54 PM
Boo! Put Chase Daniels in!

pbmax
10-20-2019, 04:55 PM
Packers and Bears should do an NBA draft pick trade. Packers take QB and Bears take ILB and then trade ‘em.

RashanGary
10-20-2019, 05:04 PM
I don’t know how good or bad of a coach Nagy is, but if he’s good, turdbisky wrecked his career.

pbmax
10-20-2019, 05:17 PM
We need to make more fun of this Bears offense.

Erin Andrews as a brunette. Marvelous.

RashanGary
10-20-2019, 05:21 PM
Haha being haha. Don’t miss him at all

RashanGary
10-20-2019, 05:22 PM
That was literally a 2 man route concept. Haha was safety on that side. And the one guy who was running a route, haha let go. Wow. Pathetic.

pbmax
10-20-2019, 05:23 PM
SOB. Same old Bears.

esoxx
10-20-2019, 05:30 PM
Bears defense kind of sucks all of a sudden. Haha effect??

I think it has more to do with losing Akiem Hicks. Guy is a flat out stud. Huge loss

pbmax
10-20-2019, 05:31 PM
Will Lutz, former 23TacklingMachine MVP, is keeping the Bears in this game.

pbmax
10-20-2019, 05:31 PM
I think it has more to do with losing Akiem Hicks. Guy is a flat out stud. Huge loss

Agree. What is his prognosis? Haven’t read anything about him.

pbmax
10-20-2019, 05:33 PM
Agree. What is his prognosis? Haven’t read anything about him.

No surgery. Eligible to return Week 15 versus Packers.

esoxx
10-20-2019, 05:37 PM
No surgery. Eligible to return Week 15 versus Packers.

Pretty good injury, out for weeks. Big loss for da Bears

RashanGary
10-20-2019, 05:38 PM
Will Lutz, former 23TacklingMachine MVP, is keeping the Bears in this game.

Right. Bears defense isn’t playing very well against and offense without their two best players. Haha literally bailed on his assignment like we’re so used to seeing. Same old haha.

Their offense is truly, truly pathetic. Special teams bad too

RashanGary
10-20-2019, 05:39 PM
Bears are done and if they keep turdbisky after this year, they deserve whatever they get

RashanGary
10-20-2019, 06:07 PM
Bears are pathetic losers. I though their defensive performance last week was because they traveled to London and struggled with the unusual week. No. Their defense is bad and their offense is pathetic. Their season is over.

RashanGary
10-20-2019, 06:12 PM
I watch almost every game, every week and keep notes. I do not watch the dolphins.

That Bears performance was the worst performance I’ve graded in 90 games this year. Truly, truly pathetic team. I wouldnt be surprised if they lose the rest of their games.

RashanGary
10-20-2019, 06:15 PM
Clinton dix is absolute trash as well.

pbmax
10-20-2019, 06:22 PM
Bears playing run defense like Packers. Guys getting driven back, so they side step and penetrate. Miss the RB in backfield and the RB goes right through their gap.

Like Raji circa 2011-13

pbmax
10-20-2019, 06:27 PM
Why do you sign Rodgers with 2 years left?

Because this might happen otherwise.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EHW6yH1WwAERxx5?format=jpg&name=large

pbmax
10-20-2019, 06:40 PM
Trubisky demonstrating why 4th quarter quarter comebacks don’t mean a quality offense.

pbmax
10-20-2019, 06:45 PM
Bears kicking PAT down 12 in surrender.

RashanGary
10-20-2019, 07:22 PM
I’m gonna give some shit to bobble here. Your guy, Diltard is starting tonight. I bet on Cowboys so I hope he gets shredded.

RashanGary
10-20-2019, 07:38 PM
I was so pissed at the bears, I just quadriple downed on the Cowboys. Feeling good about that

RashanGary
10-20-2019, 08:09 PM
Peterson punting. Pussy

RashanGary
10-20-2019, 08:25 PM
I feel really connected to Jerry Jones tonight. When I bet on the Cowboys, me and Jerry are like best buds. His smiles feel like my own.

I still hope the Bears defense commits group suicide. I hate them and hope they die.

But Jerry Jones is warming my heart

RashanGary
10-20-2019, 08:46 PM
The Jones family really hosting a fantastic event here tonight. Impressive art work, gene Jones. A little something for everyone.

Freak Out
10-20-2019, 10:32 PM
RG is channeling Tony Montana tonight. lol

texaspackerbacker
10-20-2019, 11:43 PM
Houston got absolutely screwed by the damned officials - several calls, but primarily an insane "in the grasp" call that cost them a touchdown. The Chargers also seem to have gotten screwed by a series of bad calls on the goal line.

Cheesehead Craig
10-21-2019, 07:57 AM
The Chargers also seem to have gotten screwed by a series of bad calls on the goal line.

Like handing the ball off to Gordon.

Cheesehead Craig
10-21-2019, 08:53 AM
In other news, down in New Orleans, the chant is "Who?" Brees

RashanGary
10-21-2019, 09:03 AM
From somewhere on Twitter

NFC North QBs had career best days today:

Aaron Rodgers: 429 yards, 6 total TDs
Kirk Cousins: 334 yards, 4 TDs
Matthew Stafford: 364 yards, 4 TDs
Mitchell Trubisky: Played the full game

hoosier
10-21-2019, 09:20 AM
Houston got absolutely screwed by the damned officials - several calls, but primarily an insane "in the grasp" call that cost them a touchdown. The Chargers also seem to have gotten screwed by a series of bad calls on the goal line.

The whistle seemed to come a little quickly. But I have a hard time buying that a call made in the 2nd quarter call determined the outcome of a game. Too many variables still in place with over 30 minutes to go. Too many mistakes by Texans, including 10 penalties. Too many good plays by Brissett. The quick whistle was unfortunate but it didn't decide the game.

Joemailman
10-21-2019, 09:34 AM

It warms my heart to know that the Bears traded 3 picks in the 2017 draft so they could move up to draft Trubisky when they could have stayed at #3 and drafted either Mahomes or DeShaun Watson.

hoosier
10-21-2019, 10:12 AM
It warms my heart to know that the Bears traded 3 picks in the 2017 draft so they could move up to draft Trubisky when they could have stayed at #3 and drafted either Mahomes or DeShaun Watson.

That plus the 2017 picks they gave up turned into a bit of a haul: Alvin Kamara (#67) and two additional starters on defense: Tedric Thompson (Sea, #111) and Fred Warner (SF, 2018 third).

pbmax
10-21-2019, 10:18 AM

You have the credit the creator Rashan. That is pretty good.

pbmax
10-21-2019, 12:59 PM
Things that make the Bears QB situation wonderful:

1. First QB taken overall
2. Traded up to get him (one spot)
3. Future picks given up: Their third round pick (No. 67), one of their fourth round picks (No. 111) and a 2018 third-round pick to move up
4. Picked before Mahomes
5. Picked before Watson

pbmax
10-21-2019, 01:00 PM
Andrew Siciliano @AndrewSiciliano
Bears are the only @NFL team yet to gain 300 yards of offense in a single game this season.

pbmax
10-21-2019, 04:29 PM
Scott Kacsmar @ScottKacsmar
Most games in NFL history with 30+ attempts and < 5 YPA
1. Drew Bledsoe - 25
2. Kerry Collins - 21
3. Joe Flacco - 20
4. Donovan McNabb - 18
5. Brett Favre - 17
6. Jake Plummer - 15
6. Eli Manning - 15
8. Jim Hart - 14
8. John Elway - 14
8. Ryan Fitzpatrick - 14

Scott Kacsmar @ScottKacsmar
Trubisky had his 5th Sunday.
Sanchez and Trent Edwards had 5 in their careers.
So did Jim McMahon and Erik Kramer.