PDA

View Full Version : 2006 Live DRAFT Thread

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Fosco33
04-29-2006, 11:29 AM
NFL Network reported before that Young will be next. SO, announce the pick!

hurleyfan
OK Tenn, grab Young and let's move on!

Scott Campbell
Will the Titans screw up and take Young?

Deputy Nutz
04-29-2006, 11:30 AM
everything is straightened out.

Davis
Ferguson
Hawk

That is who the Packers will have to select from.

Ferguson may be off the board if the Titans take Leinart, and the Jet will then most likely take D'Brickshaw.

Partial
04-29-2006, 11:30 AM
man alive why did the texans pass on Reggie Bush? They may regret that.

Rastak
04-29-2006, 11:31 AM
everything is straightened out.

Davis
Ferguson
Hawk

That is who the Packers will have to select from.

Ferguson may be off the board if the Titans take Leinart, and the Jet will then most likely take D'Brickshaw.Hey Nutz, who do the Jet's take then?sorry, I see your last line now....

imscott72

Young or Leinart. I thought the Titans wanted Leinart. If not Leinart will prob fall to the Raiders at 7???

CyclonePackFan
There's an interesting stat...

19 of the Steelers' 22 starters on their Super Bowl team were acquired in the draft rather than FA...

Partial
04-29-2006, 11:32 AM
HAWK HAWK HAWK[/b]

esoxx
Drafting Bush was a simple formality. I still smell a trade with the Jets here. Jets take Ferguson and trade him for Bush, plus a 2 and a 3.

imscott72
There's an interesting stat...

19 of the Steelers' 22 starters on their Super Bowl team were acquired in the draft rather than FA...

That is an interesting stat. Is TT onto something when he says build thru the draft?

HarveyWallbangers
I'm perfectly happy with either Hawk or Davis. Both are major impact players that will help us immediately.

I agree, but I'm afraid it will be D'Brick, a QB, Huff, Ngata, or some other bonehead pick.

I'd be happy with Hawk or Davis, okay with D'Brick, and not happy with anybody else.

Tarlam!
04-29-2006, 11:33 AM
That would be a bad trade for NO

Bretsky

Young or Leinart. I thought the Titans wanted Leinart. If not Leinart will prob fall to the Raiders at 7???

GM wants Young and coaches want Leinart. I could see Leinart dropping to 7 and maybe even to 10; he'd have been the #1 last year hands down.

Partial
Now the real question, if Leinart drops to our second do you take him :cool:

CyclonePackFan

Will never happen, but yes, you do.

Partial
i'd be fine with that esoxx. Just so long as the Hawkster is there for us!

Anti-Polar Bear
Drafting Bush was a simple formality. I still smell a trade with the Jets here. Jets take Ferguson and trade him for Bush, plus a 2 and a 3.

Better if they trade Bush to the Packers.

Rastak
04-29-2006, 11:34 AM
HAWK HAWK HAWK[/b]Do you remember jr welterweight Aaron Pryor? Nicknamed Hawk? Before fights he'd yell

What time is it?

Everyone would yell Hawk Time!

reminds me of that....

imscott72
I'm perfectly happy with either Hawk or Davis. Both are major impact players that will help us immediately.

I agree, but I'm afraid it will be D'Brick, a QB, Huff, Ngata, or some other bonehead pick.

I'd be happy with Hawk or Davis, okay with D'Brick, and not happy with anybody else.

Nah I have faith. They won't botch this up. If Shermie was pulling the trigger here I'd be frantic. They grab one of those 2. I don't want Fergie. Too many moves would need to be made on the line to get him in there.

Bretsky

Hell no; TT made his bed last year and now he sleeps in it. For a 4-12 team with so many needs to take a QB in back to back years would only mean that our staff thinks AROD stinks.

HarveyWallbangers
Reggie Bush's highlight package is the ultimate in highlight packages. Has anybody else seen his highlights from high school? They were absolutely ridiculous.

No Mo Moss
The titans are going to take a QB, but which one. The Jets pick is the big one. Right now its looking like we will have our pick of Hawk and Davis. Win Win situation.

Tarlam!
04-29-2006, 11:35 AM
This thread needs an auto refresh button...

CyclonePackFan
This thread needs an auto refresh button...

Word.

Rastak

Better if they trade Bush to the Packers.They still could....that would give NO time to negotiate with Walker...but I think it's highly unlikely.

CyclonePackFan
Titans take Young

imscott72
04-29-2006, 11:36 AM
Wow Young?? Leinart going downnnnnnnn the board now...

Rastak
War Room analysis
Arm strength: Has prototypical size. Is big, strong and built like a rock. Shows only an adequate arm but can make most of the necessary NFL throws. Can push the ball downfield; shows good zip on passes. Grade: 8.6.

Accuracy/delivery: Has improved as a passer but remains raw. Shows good accuracy and timing. Must develop better mechanics and release point. Current sidearm delivery might lead to batted-down passes in the NFL. Sometimes throws off back foot and allows passes to float. Grade: 8.6.

Field vision: Has the size to see over any offensive line. Sees the field well; just needs to make better decisions in certain situations. Struggles to read coverage. Must become more patient, stand in the pocket and give receivers more time to get open. Sometimes tries to do too much. Has tremendous field vision as an open-field runner. Grade: 8.6.

Running ability: Is a remarkable athlete with outstanding speed and mobility. Is always a threat to run. Shows quick feet in the pocket. Excels at avoiding rushes and breaking contain with great quickness and the strength to break would-be tackles. Can turn broken plays into big gains. Is very elusive; has the speed to outrun defensive backs. Grade: 8.9.

Intangibles: Is tough, fearless and cool under pressure. Has a presence about him; has already proved he can carry a team. Needs to improve his decision-making and prove he can run an NFL-style offense. Grade: 8.8.

Bottom line: Young has steadily improved his overall game and offers both great versatility and potential, as seen in his dazzling performance in the Rose Bowl. He still has a long way to go as a passer but is sure to be a high first-round pick.

Dan Pompei analysis
Is a freakish athlete who is more dangerous as a runner than a thrower. Has a strong arm and a big, strong body. Shows somewhat inconsistent accuracy. Is a playmaker. Has an unorthodox throwing motion -- doesn't set his feet, and throws semi-sidearm. Avoids pass rushers quite well to keep plays alive. Thinks on his feet, but will make some poor decisions under pressure. Looked like the best player on the field in the Rose Bowl against Southern Cal. Will not fit into a conventional offense. Might struggle to learn pro passing game, based on poor Wonderlic Test scores. Has considerable potential, but also could be a bust at quarterback.
No. 2 on Pompei's QB rankings

RashanGary
Once again, we just found out what NFL GM's think about elite athletes and I'm fairly certain Vernon will go next.

Deputy Nutz
TITANS Take VINCE YOUNG!!!!!

Scott Campbell
man alive why did the texans pass on Reggie Bush? They may regret that.

At the very least, they should have traded down if they didn't want Bush. Mario was a reach at #1, and they had to pay him more to boot because of his draft position.

Tarlam!
That's bad for us...I was hoping he'd still be around for us to trade with Oakland...

hurleyfan
Titans take YoungLeinert is shitting bricks!

Bretsky
VINCE YOUNG TO TITANS.

JETS WANTED FERGSUSON IMO.

AND NOW THEY MIGHT REALLY PISS THE FANS OFF IF THEY DON'T TAKE LEINART

esoxx
04-29-2006, 11:37 AM
At this pont I want Hawk too. However, I don't think TT sees LB as an area where a high pick is warranted. I see him taking someone else there and maybe a trade down where he takes Ngata. How pissed would that make everyone feel???

RashanGary
Vernon Davis goes #4....

Elite athletes make the NFL go round. Sometimes you miss but when you hit it is friggin majic.

Hawk is a top 6 guy but I really don't see him going #5 or earlier.

Deputy Nutz
Wow!! I can't believe this. The Packers will most likely have the option of Ferguson. That in my opinion is not good for the packers

CyclonePackFan
04-29-2006, 11:38 AM
Titans take YoungLeinert is shitting bricks!

I'd pay anything if Aaron Rodgers called Leinart and said "Welcome to my life."

Rastak
Once again, we just found out what NFL GM's think about elite athletes and I'm fairly certain Vernon will go next.My guess is Leinert or Ferguson.

Then your Pack is on the clock. Losing seasons suck but high draft choices are fun.

No Mo Moss
Shit who are the Jets going to take. You know right now that the Jets fans want Leinart so bad. It will be the loudest boo's ever by Jets fans.

Tarlam!
At this pont I want Hawk too. However, I don't think TT sees LB as an area where a high pick is warranted.

That was in the JSO story, too. I hope they're wrong. This LB is a one man wrecking machine!

Fosco33
If Jets take Leinert, we've got either Fergy, Hawk or Davis. This leaves more options for trades. We trade down and still get Hawk if SF wants Davis and gives us the 22nd (WR, please).

Bretsky
At this pont I want Hawk too. However, I don't think TT sees LB as an area where a high pick is warranted. I see him taking someone else there and maybe a trade down where he takes Ngata. How pissed would that make everyone feel???

NGATA would suck

imscott72
Would the Jets take Leinart? He has a lot more potential than Pennington. I'm gonna freak if we take Leinart..Dont you friggin dare TT!!!

CyclonePackFan
Shit who are the Jets going to take. You know right now that the Jets fans want Leinart so bad. It will be the loudest boo's ever by Jets fans.

Naw, remember how loud they booed when they passed on Bubba Franks? How about last year when they used their first overall pick (in the 2nd round) on a kicker?

Rastak
04-29-2006, 11:39 AM
Wow!! I can't believe this. The Packers will most likely have the option of Ferguson. That in my opinion is not good for the packersHaving the option doesn't hurt the Packers. Only taking him would be the problem. They will for sure have the choice of Davis or Hawk which is a great choice to have for Green Bay.

imscott72
04-29-2006, 11:39 AM
Once again, we just found out what NFL GM's think about elite athletes and I'm fairly certain Vernon will go next.My guess is Leinert or Ferguson.

Then your Pack is on the clock. Losing seasons suck but high draft choices are fun.

I agree. They'll take one of those 2. I'm thinking Leinart which scares me too cause I really dont want Fergie.

Tarlam!
04-29-2006, 11:40 AM
Srius radio just predicted Jets take DaBrick...

Bretsky
Would the Jets take Leinart? He has a lot more potential than Pennington. I'm gonna freak if we take Leinart..Dont you friggin dare TT!!!

I hope the Jets draft Ferguson; TT won't take Leinart.

Partial
Alright guys, if Hawk is available and we don't pick him, you all gather some word for torches, I will come pick you up! We're storming lambeau.

Viva la HAWK!!

esoxx

Better if they trade Bush to the Packers.

That would be great but TT's not trading up, not his MO. Bush will be a great back IMO. The key with Bush is he can change direction and cut without losing acceleration. Smooth as silk.

hurleyfan
04-29-2006, 11:42 AM

I hope the Jets draft Ferguson; TT won't take Leinart.JETS can't pass on Ferg, starting tackle for the next decade... Right??

Tarlam!
Bush just said on Sirius he's expecting to be traded...

Partial
Hawk is gonna fall to us it seems!! Hopefully they'll do whats necessary and take the man.

CyclonePackFan
04-29-2006, 11:43 AM
Come on Jets, trade it to someone who wants Leinart.

esoxx
Alright guys, if Hawk is available and we don't pick him, you all gather some word for torches, I will come pick you up! We're storming lambeau.

Viva la HAWK!!

Better hope Jets take Ferguson, b/c Pack will take him if he's there.

Partial
Look at DeBrick. Christ, what a beast of a man. He is the leanest offensive lineman I have ever seen!! 1992 Shaq anyone?

Scott Campbell
The JSO draft thread is now 3 pages long.

Fosco33
Just imagine what the Pack could've done if they'd lost to the Hawks... man, either Bush or load up on talent - that would've been a shot of rebuilding.

FavreChild
04-29-2006, 11:44 AM
C'mon Jets - take DA BRICK.

The boos alone will be worth it.

Besides, the don't need Leinart - they have Bollinger. :wink:

RashanGary
PLEASE TAKE D'BRICKASHAW........JETS..........

CyclonePackFan

Ooooooh...three whole pages!

Wonder where all the good posters are?

Signing up for Packer Rats = best football decision EVAR!

Tarlam!
04-29-2006, 11:45 AM

Can't believe you care! Do you miss any poster in particular from over there?

esoxx
Leinart would be a Packer if TT hadn't picked Rodgers. We'd have Thurman/Leinart vs. Rodgers/Hawk. I'd opt for the former scenario.

RashanGary
The heart of that board is right here....

I think the front page really adds credibility to this forum..I think this place could grow....

Rastak

Can't believe you care! Do you miss any poster in particular from over there?I miss SOV........

No Mo Moss
04-29-2006, 11:46 AM
This ought to be good. F*cking Jets man, I'm nervous though.

Partial
Please take Ferguson!!

Bretsky
PLEASE TAKE D'BRICKASHAW........JETS..........

AGREE; TAKE THE BRICK AND GET HIM OFF OUR OPTION LIST

RashanGary
Steve Young makes a lot of sense

Tarlam!
04-29-2006, 11:47 AM
TT picks Leinart if he's there.

Tarlam!
WE'RE ON THE CLOCK!!!!!

CyclonePackFan
Jets select...

D'Brickashaw Ferguson

esoxx
Jets take Ferguson!!!!

Partial
YES!!!

Bretsky
THANK YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU UUUUUU

imscott72
Jets take Ferguson...Whew...No Leinart!!!!! Don't do it!!!!

Rastak
04-29-2006, 11:48 AM
D'Brickashaw Ferguson
T, Virginia

War Room analysis
Run blocking: Has good height with the frame to add more bulk. Packs a powerful punch that jars and reroutes defenders. Shows a great first step and takes the correct angles. Reaches and hits moving targets. Plays with leverage. Lacks great lower-body strength. Needs to play meaner. Grade: 8.0.

Pass blocking: Has an outstanding wingspan and good initial pop. Sets quickly. Rarely lets his man get to the quarterback. Can handle outside rushers. Can redirect and mirror and slide against double moves. Has a strong upper body but must strengthen lower body to struggle less against bull rushes. Grade: 8.8.

Initial quickness: Is the most athletic prospect at the position. Has standout quickness. Comes out of stances quickly and wins most battles in first few steps. Sets well in protection. Keeps his balance. Grade: 8.7.

Strength: Has outstanding wingspan. Strong upper body comes with strong hands, which he uses well when punching. Lacks great lower-body explosion; must develop more power. Grade: 8.5.

Mobility: Is athletically gifted. Is quick and hustles all the time. Works to get out on linebackers. Takes good angles as a sound open-field blocker. Needs to bulk up without losing mobility. Grade: 8.7.

Bottom line: A starter since his freshman season, Ferguson has outstanding experience in a strong conference. On the field, he just needs to add about 20 pounds and continue to develop his lower-body strength. Off the field, he is as good as it gets -- an honors student and youth minister. He has what it takes to be an elite NFL player and should be the first offensive tackle drafted in '06, as high as the top five.

Dan Pompei analysis
Is a pure left tackle with excellent pass protection ability -- quick footwork and great balance. Bends at the knees nicely, and has long arms. Uses hands well. Can reach linebackers on the second level. Is capable of handling speed rushers. Appears gangly at times, but shows excellent coordination for a man his size. Understands leverage, but must get stronger to become a better run blocker. Has the frame to carry more weight. Isn't as highly regarded as previous left tackle prospects like Orlando Pace, Tony Boselli and Jonathan Ogden, but isn't far behind. Is ready to start in the NFL.
No. 1 on Pompei's OT rankings

CyclonePackFan
Ahh, we get the pick of Davis and Hawk.

I'll be happy with either, more so with Hawk.

HarveyWallbangers
Still could be a trade between NO and the Jets.

Fosco33
WOW

So, I say we trade down w/ SF or Oakland and pick up some more first rounders. I mean, Leinert is a valuable pick!

RashanGary
YES.YES.YES.YES.YES.YES.YES.YES YES.YES.YES.YES.YES.YES.YES.YES YES.YES.YES.YES.YES.YES.YES.YES YES.YES.YES.YES.YES.YES.YES.YES YES.YES.YES.YES.YES.YES.YES.YES YES.YES.YES.YES.YES.YES.YES.YES YES.YES.YES.YES.YES.YES.YES.YES YES.YES.YES.YES.YES.YES.YES.YES YES.YES.YES.YES.YES.YES.YES.YES YES.YES.YES.YES.YES.YES.YES.YES YES.YES.YES.YES.YES.YES.YES.YES YES.YES.YES.YES.YES.YES.YES.YES YES.YES.YES.YES.YES.YES.YES.YES YES.YES.YES.YES.YES.YES.YES.YES YES.YES.YES.YES.YES.YES.YES.YES YES.YES.YES.YES.YES.YES.YES.YES

THANK YOU JETS

MadtownPacker
Damn, NO Leinhart please!!!!!!!!

New article on PR homepage:

http://packerrats.com

Tarlam!
That's it, we take Linnie.

Best player available, and TT is rumored to not like LB in the 1st.

Scott Campbell
Packers talking to St. Louis about trading pick.

No Mo Moss
Alright atleast we know that it won't be Brick. Here we go.

esoxx
This completes my predicted trade scenario with Saints for Bush. They take Leinart otherwise.

HarveyWallbangers
Ahh, we get the pick of Davis and Hawk.

I'll be happy with either, more so with Hawk.

Unless they pick somebody else.
:evil:

Partial
This is the first time the jets fans have not booed like crazy. Odd, considered they just passed up broadway Matt

imscott72
04-29-2006, 11:49 AM
Davis or Hawk???? Which one?? Either one rocks!!!! No friggin Leinart!!!

RashanGary
I think we've got Vernon Davis...

I will warm up really quickly to Hawk though.

Bretsky
HEY GUYS,

Would love to here your criticisms or thoughts on my draft day analysis on the homepage. www.packerrats.com.

Mad just posted my story.

B

Homer Jay
Now.......Gentlemen (and ladies) start your engines!

I'm still in favor of Hawk, I'm OK with Davis and please no qb.

CyclonePackFan
ZOMG COMMERCIAL H4X!!! EVERY FRICKIN' YEAR!!!

HarveyWallbangers
1) Hawk
2) Davis

Anybody else will be a disappointment.

Rastak
04-29-2006, 11:50 AM
Packers talking to St. Louis about trading pick.Are you serious?

imscott72
04-29-2006, 11:50 AM

Where did u hear this? It's not being reported on TMJ..I was thinking they might trade tho. Or they'll draft Leinart for the Raiders and trade down...Hawk will still be there at 7..

esoxx
04-29-2006, 11:51 AM
Odds Pack trades down here: 40%
Odds Pack takes Davis: 20%
Odds Pack takes Hawk: 15%
Odds Pack takes Leinart: 5%
Odds Pack takes Huff: 5%
Odds TT loses his mind and makes a reach pick here: 15%

No Mo Moss
WOW

So, I say we trade down w/ SF or Oakland and pick up some more first rounders. I mean, Leinert is a valuable pick!

If I'm Al Davis I know that the Pack and the niners aren't going to take a QB in conseecutive picks in consecutive years. I think he stays put and still gets leinart.

mngolf19
Trading could help Pack in long run, but the next couple years.... :roll:

Anti-Polar Bear
[ trade for bush, or Moss!!!!

Scott Campbell

Where did u hear this? It's not being reported on TMJ..I was thinking they might trade tho. Or they'll draft Leinart for the Raiders and trade down...

ESPN Radio.

HarveyWallbangers
04-29-2006, 11:52 AM
Odds Pack trades down here: 40%
Odds Pack takes Davis: 20%
Odds Pack takes Hawk: 15%
Odds Pack takes Leinart: 5%
Odds Pack takes Huff: 5%
Odds TT loses his mind and makes a reach pick here: 15%

My odds:
Davis = 45%
Hawk = 40%
Trade down = 10%
Somebody else = 5%

RashanGary
You know the one mother fudging GM to take the whole damn clock is Ted *mother fudgin* Thompson.....

Damn it.......

Scott Campbell
Talking for over 15 minutes. The Rams want VD.

Deputy Nutz
Ferguson goes to the Jets. This is one screwy draft.

Trade Rodgers and take Leinart? Crazy talk, but hey anything can happen at this point.

Trade with Oakland, Trade with Oakland!!!!

MadtownPacker
04-29-2006, 11:53 AM
Please trade down TT!!!

Rastak

Where did u hear this? It's not being reported on TMJ..I was thinking they might trade tho. Or they'll draft Leinart for the Raiders and trade down...

ESPN Radio.They must be looking for Cutler......they know Minnesota may trade up.

edit: Ah, Davis makes sense too.

imscott72
You know the one mother fudging GM to take the whole damn clock is Ted *mother fudgin* Thompson.....

Damn it.......

I have no prob with TT taking the 15 mins. Much better than a knee jerk reaction pick..I have a feeling we're trading down..Hope I'm wrong. i want Davis or Hawk...

No Mo Moss
04-29-2006, 11:54 AM
[ trade for bush, or Moss!!!!

Give it up.

Deputy Nutz
My heart is pounding.

Just say no to Davis.

Bretsky

Trade Rodgers and take Leinart? Crazy talk, but hey anything can happen at this point.

Per TMJ GB indicated 7-8 impact star players so they'd prefer to stay there.
If Davis and Hawk are rated about same, and Oakland even offered a 3rd GB would take it. But I don't think they will beause they KNOW

GB and SF are not taking Leinart.

imscott72
04-29-2006, 11:55 AM

I think the Raiders stand pat. They know us and the 49ers aren't taking a QB 2 years in a row. Leinart should be there for them at 7. Thats how I would think if I was Al Davis anyhow.

CyclonePackFan
04-29-2006, 11:55 AM
"You can get bums off the highway to play guard"

I think the Packers would disagree.

Bretsky
04-29-2006, 11:56 AM
AJ HAWK AJ HAWK AJ HAWK AJ HAWK AJ HAWK AJ HAWK AJ HAWK AJ HAWK

CyclonePackFan

WHAT HE SAID ------------------^

Rastak
"You can get bums off the highway to play guard"

I think the Packers would disagree.That was pretty funny.....

Scott Campbell
B,

Did you hear something, or are you just chanting?

FavreChild
04-29-2006, 11:57 AM
Will Hendu tells it like it is - we don't "need" Davis.

Good job on the Grail Tail, Bretsky.

Partial
04-29-2006, 11:57 AM
William Henderson is an extremely well-spoken man. I am so glad he is back!!

HAWK HAWK HAWK.

Hawk him!
He got Hawk'd!
AAAA JJJJJ HAWWWWKKK!!!

Rastak
04-29-2006, 11:58 AM
3 mins to go.........

Bretsky
04-29-2006, 11:58 AM
B,

Did you hear something, or are you just chanting?

CHANTING; I WAS DOING THE SAME THING WITH ODELL THURMAN WHEN TT PICKED RODGERS LAST YEAR

FritzDontBlitz
04-29-2006, 11:59 AM
wow, now i see where all the real packer people went.

hurleyfan
A Trade in the works?

Tarlam!
Linnie is a loser. He lost his #1 draft status in a year and he blew thze Rose Bowl.

That's why we take him.

Partial
This is a really good draft. Exponentially better than the past couple years at the top. Every single guy drafted so far is awesome and will probably be pro-bowlers for many years to come.

imscott72
I'm 60-40 on Hawk/Davis.. We could use both bigtime...Hawk even more so...

Rastak
William Henderson is an extremely well-spoken man. I am so glad he is back!!

HAWK HAWK HAWK.

Hawk him!
He got Hawk'd!
AAAA JJJJJ HAWWWWKKK!!!
I was just glad he spoke very highly of the Vikings coaching staff when he had no reason to...he chose to return to Green Bay purely out of loyalty to the franchise...

Bretsky
Will Hendu tells it like it is - we don't "need" Davis.

Good job on the Grail Tail, Bretsky.

Thanks FC

CyclonePackFan
IT'S A.J. HAWK!!!

imscott72
Here we go!!!!! HAWK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MadtownPacker
04-29-2006, 12:00 PM
MIGHTY WHITEY!!!!!!!!!!

Bretsky
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS SSSS

esoxx
Alright!!!!

hurleyfan
YES

RashanGary
Nice pick...

packrulz
It's so nice to be picking #5.

imscott72
I'm happy!!!!!!!! TT didn't screw it up!!!!!!

Tarlam!
YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH I knew I'd be wrong!!!!

Rastak
What time is it? Hawk Time! Nice pick guys....

A.J. Hawk
OLB, Ohio State

War Room analysis
Against the inside run: Is a tackling machine. Is an old-school, blue-collar player with elite speed and athleticism. Shows great football instincts. Attacks the line of scrimmage, is physical at the point of attack and uses hands well to shed blockers. Must strengthen lower body and bulk up to hold ground against NFL linemen. Grade: 8.4.

Against the outside run: Shows great open-field speed and range. Is quick to diagnose plays and takes great angles to the ball. Uses hands well to fight through traffic. Shuts down cutback lanes in pursuit. Wraps up and explodes through tackles. Grade: 8.5.

Blitz/coverage:: Shows great blitz instincts and explosiveness. Is disruptive and relentless in the backfield. Shows a closing burst as a pass rusher. Matches up well with tight ends and running backs on underneath zones but lacks the smooth hips to turn and run with them in man-to-man coverage. Has great recovery speed. Grade: 8.6.

Run/pass recognition: Excels in this area. Rarely takes false steps. Shows superior awareness and football intelligence. Always is in position to make plays. Grade: 8.5.

Pursuit/tackling: Is tenacious; never stops hustling. Makes sideline-to-sideline plays but always stays under control. Shows stiff hips, reducing ability to make quick cuts; compensates with elite speed and superior positioning. Is aggressive but rarely goes for highlight-reel hits; is more likely to go for reliable, wrap-up tackles than risk missing plays. Grade: 8.4.

Bottom line: Hawk is the most complete linebacker in the 2006 draft. He is a force against the run, is relentless in pursuit, is a disruptive pass rusher and has the ball skills to make plays in coverage. He is a natural playmaker whose presence must be accounted for on every play. He is versatile and can play in either a 4-3 or 3-4 but is at his best when protected by defensive tackles and free to chase the ball. Hawk should be the first linebacker drafted as a potential top-five pick overall.

Dan Pompei analysis
Superior prospect can play outside or inside. Excels at taking on and coming off blocks. Is physical and intimidating as a hard-hitting defender. Is tough and mean. Shows great leadership skills. Has a nose for the ball. Sniffs out screen passes. Neither overplays nor overpursues. Trusts schemes. Covers plenty of ground with good speed. Has great body control. Shines as a blitzer. Factors in on almost every play. Lacks only ideal height.
No. 1 on Pompei's OLB rankings

Deputy Nutz
HAWK HAWK

Partial
04-29-2006, 12:01 PM
YES!!!! YES!!! FINALLY!!

THEY MADE THE RIGHT CHOICE!!!

COLLINS, how can you not say that he is a FREAKISH ATHLETE. LOOK AT THAT GUY. He's a fucking MANIAC!

Fosco33
Safe.... I would've been okay with more picks.

mngolf19
Well here's to you picking 5th again next year.

Deputy Nutz
I am the happiest man in the World!!!!!!

FritzDontBlitz
thompson's pick.

aj hawk.

thomspon drafts are always defensive minded.

i'm cool with it, although i would have loved to have vernon. te is still rich enough to grab a good te in later rounds, so we'll see....

imscott72
Boot Barnett's butt to the outside!!!!

mngolf19
Definitely the correct pick though in taking Hawk.

Scott Campbell
04-29-2006, 12:02 PM
With this pick, I think it's safe to say there won't be any trade talks for him.

imscott72
Niners will take Davis..Leinart to the Raiders...

Partial
Fuck yeah!

I am juiced!! They just added a future defensive player of the year. Shit yes!

esoxx
Bretsky, congratulations on breaking your draft day #1 pick skid!!! Now stop putting so many "SSSSSSS" in your yes posts, you're screwing up the page format! lol

Deputy Nutz
04-29-2006, 12:03 PM
I think Brett is really going to like this pick. Brett is about leadership and the Packers just got one of the best leaders in this draft. Smart hard nose football player. I think Hawk would play this game for free.

esoxx
04-29-2006, 12:04 PM
Now let's pick Davin Joseph in round 2 and turn this mother out!!!!!

Deputy Nutz
McGinn is an idiot!!!

imscott72
Now....What do we do with the 2nd pick??? Any predictions???

gbpackfan
Dont forget the walker trade for more picks. I am very happy

Anti-Polar Bear
bullshit, bulllshit, everything is fucking bullshit? AJ fucking Hawk??? This guy is the fucking slowest LB ive ever seen. This is a fucked up pick but a fucked up GM. Shit. Just shit.

CyclonePackFan

Tamba Hali or Davin Joseph

RashanGary
04-29-2006, 12:05 PM
I think the people saying Hawk could very likely be a HOFer at LB are right on....He has it all and then some.

Sparkey
Bretsky, congratulations on breaking your draft day #1 pick skid!!! Now stop putting so many "SSSSSSS" in your yes posts, you're screwing up the page format! lol

Now the question is who slides into round two.........

What does everyone want the pack too do with their 2nd pick ?

imscott72
Now let's pick Davin Joseph in round 2 and turn this mother out!!!!!

I'd be all for that...

Rastak

You still think that's likely today?

esoxx
I think Brett is really going to like this pick. Brett is about leadership and the Packers just got one of the best leaders in this draft. Smart hard nose football player. I think Hawk would play this game for free.

Nutz, could you imagine if Brett was 10 years younger and he got Hawk? Favre on the O side, Hawk on the D side. Blood & guts glory would be ours!

Tarlam!

Thanks. I had forgotton!

Partial
Tank when he is DPOY you'll be singing a different tune. TANKS GONNA GET HAWK'D!

Bretsky
FYI; Here is my article recently posted in packerrats.com. I can't believe it happened.

Draft Day has come

April 29th, 2006 - The most important day in the last 15 Years for Packer football is here. The last time Green Bay had a pick this high was 15 years ago when Ron Wolf chose Terrell Buckley from Florida State over the local icon Troy Vincent and OT Bob Whitfield. While Buckley was clearly the wrong pick, Ron Wolf did find a few gems in that draft in Robert Brooks, Edgar Bennett, and Mark Chumura.

So far Ted Thompson has produced only one playmaker in his first draft, the Green Bay Packers must count on him to do better. As witnessed by our first losing season at the helm of Brett Favre, and our worst record since 1991, the Green Bay Packers need difference makers, and then need them now.

Regardless of the route Ted Thompson goes, on this historic draft day the Green Bay Packers should be adding the most talented college player since 1998 when Sterling Sharpe was selected with the seventh overall pick.

Assuming that Green Bay stays in the top 7, the Packers should be selecting between Matt Leinart, Vince Young, DeBricksaw Ferguson, Michael Huff, Vernon Davis, and AJ Hawk. Which route should they and will they go?

A few hours will tell, but here is the take from the Grail. Had Green Bay selected my man Odell Thurman last year and accumulated the same record, Ted Thompson and Green Bay fans would be salivating over the possibility of getting a franchise QB in Vince Young or Matt Leinart. But seriously, we are a 4-12 team that can’t afford to draft two first round QBs in a row. Ted Thompson made his bed by drafting Aaron Rodgers in 2005; he has to sleep in it. For a team as in need of talent as any team in the National Football League, Thompson would be admitting he made a dreadful mistake with Rodgers by going this route, and that won’t happen this early.

Michael Huff could be a very good player in the NFL. He knocks some people around, he can play multiple positions, and he has the speed to be an effective blitzer. He’d be a solid option if the Packers trade down, but frankly he just isn’t as good of an all around player as Ferguson, Davis, or Hawk.

DeBricksaw Ferguson is truly an intriguing option. He’s seems NFL ready to contribute immediately; unfortunately it’s at one of the few positions where the Packers already have two very good offensive tackles. Tauscher has stated he wants no part of moving to Guard and the guards are so strong this year Green Bay would be better served going that route in round two or three. When Green Bay selects, Ferguson might be the best available player on the board, but it won’t be by much as Hawk and Davis are rated closely. While it wouldn’t surprise me, the Grail says pass.

When I think of Vernon Davis, I’m awe. I’ve been watching drafts for over 20 years and Vernon Davis is the most talented TE ever to come out of college. I can envision him creating mismatches everywhere. LB’s can’t cover him. His speed and size will make it tough for a safety, and he’s too big for most CBs. But then my suspicions kick in as well. He’s put on over 20 pounds of muscle mass the past year, and was considered a top 15-20 pick six months back based on his college production. But those numbers he put up show freakish potential. Flashing back, I remember the last time I was amazed at the body shape and numbers and called somebody freakish in 1989. If only we’d have taken Barry Sanders or Deion Sanders. After today, Vernon Davis may be a Packer, and the Grail thinks he’s one of their two top options.

Being a Badger fanatic, I will admit I’ve vehemently hated AJ Hawk, and I’ve detested watching him tear Wisconsin up the past four years. AJ Hawk will at worst be a Dan Morgan like player and it would not surprise me at all if he’s a NFL team’s Urlacher. With AJ Hawk, a team will get a fiery and intense leader, a playmaker, and an immensely talented winner all packaged in one. AJ Hawk will be a Pro Bowl player.

From the Grail’s corner, the real debate is whether to go with the freakish potential of Vernon Davis or the most NFL ready player in AJ Hawk. Either would be the most talented addition on draft day in about the last 20 years. I flash back to the last guy I claimed had freakish potential, and note that the Green Bay Packers haven’t had a fiery and inspirational leader who can also walk the walk at the LB’ing position for nearly 40 years now. I see all those Nitschke uniforms at Lambeau Field on game day. I envision the announcers yelling, He Got HAWK’D !

Yes, I have it, the Grail’s corner endorses AJ Hawk as the top pick for the Green Bay Packers.

ND72
04-29-2006, 12:06 PM
wow guys....i love you all... :lol:

imscott72
bullshit, bulllshit, everything is fucking bullshit? AJ fucking Hawk??? This guy is the fucking slowest LB ive ever seen. This is a fucked up pick but a fucked up GM. Shit. Just shit.

Tank put the friggin bowl down dude. You gotta be outta your mind to knock this pick..

Partial
B, great article! What a day so far!!! Our dream has come true!!!

Joemailman
A.J. will be the first real leader we've had on this defense since leroy Butler.

packrulz
Packers D will be badass this year!

HarveyWallbangers
This is the first time ever that the Packers have picked the guy I wanted. YES!

Let's pick up Davin Joseph in round 2. Let's trade Javon Walker for a 2nd round pick, and grab a WR with that pick or in round 3.

hurleyfan

Tank put the friggin bowl dude. You gotta be outta your mind to knock this pick..Well, Tank didn't disappoint!

Rastak
04-29-2006, 12:07 PM
This is the guy I was worried about.....he'll be outstanding (as will Hawk)

Vernon Davis
TE, Maryland

War Room analysis
Hands: Has soft hands and catches the ball well. Is a tenacious receiver. Has a big vertical leap. Wins jump balls and makes acrobatic catches. Grade: 8.3.

Patterns: Has a great understanding of the passing game. Knows how to beat man and zone coverage. Has elite speed for the position. Can stretch defenses but is willing to play in short and intermediate zones. Can turn short routes into long gains. Excels at running routes. Shows the burst to create separation in open field. Grade: 8.5.

Run after catch: Speed makes him a scoring threat any time he touches the ball. Is elusive; makes defenders miss. Can outrun most defenders. Grade: 8.5.

Release: Is quick off the line and shows the burst to keep defenders away. Sometimes struggles if defenders lock on. Combination of quickness and athleticism creates mismatches. Grade: 7.9.

Blocking: His only weakness. Gets to the second level quickly but struggles to hit linebackers. Has great strength but does not use hands well and has trouble at the point of attack. Must improve technique. Would work best as an H-back or "move" tight end who won't need to block. Grade: 7.6.

Bottom line: A super athlete, Davis has prototypical size, strength and outstanding speed for his position. His playmaking ability is a result of great instincts, good attitude and a strong work ethic. With his physical attributes and skills, Davis, an early-entry junior, is the top tight end in this class and a potential top 15 pick.

Dan Pompei analysis
Is one of the best tight end prospects ever. Is a physical freak who had an incredible pre-draft workout for scouts, coaches and GMs. Has rare athleticism. Is fast and explosiveness and very quick. Runs excellent routes. Is smooth in and out of breaks. Causes matchup problems. Shows outstanding ball skills. Is tough, and will fight for the ball. Gets yards after the catch. Can block at the point of attack, but isn't a killer blocker. Shows good balance and quick footwork as a blocker. Works hard. Is a tad shorter than ideal.
No. 1 on Pompei's TE rankings

FritzDontBlitz
ss marquand manuel.
dt ryan pickett.
cb charles woodson.
drafting lb aj hawk at #5.

our defense just went off the charts improvement-wise.

from one former linebacker to another: well done, teddy bear......

GBRulz
HA ! did you guys see the camera on the Packers Draft Day Party at Lambeau with the kid with the #84 jersey on...put a paper over Walkers name and it said TRADER!

AWESOME PICK TT

Partial
Davis seems extremely happy :-)

imscott72

I'd be happy with Mangold if he falls into the 2nd round...

Anti-Polar Bear
Tank when he is DPOY you'll be singing a different tune. TANKS GONNA GET HAWK'D!

More likely every one will get HUFF-ed.

Bretsky
I think the people saying Hawk could very likely be a HOFer at LB are right on....He has it all and then some.

Glad you are on board the Hawk Train Nick

B

Rastak
HA ! did you guys see the camera on the Packers Draft Day Party at Lambeau with the kid with the #84 jersey on...put a paper over Walkers name and it said TRADER!

AWESOME PICK TTWould have been funnier if he put traitor....

CyclonePackFan
04-29-2006, 12:08 PM

Forgot about Mangold, I don't think he'll drop though.

mraynrand
Can someone explain to me what happens if Hawk can't cover the deep middle in the dime? What if Barnett is actually faster and better than Hawk? If so, then TT just blew a #5 pick on a guy that will play 2of3 or 3of4 plays on defense. They had better be certain that this guy can stay on the field every down or it's a terrible pick.

RashanGary
ND,

You're info was extemely accurate. Remind me to listen to every thing you say next season...

Nutz..Bretsky...Partial....everyone....Great call on Hawk..This is one of the best days I can remember as a fan..This is the best player I've ever seen GB get. I was so young when we brought in Reggie and Brett that it doesn't count.

CyclonePackFan
04-29-2006, 12:09 PM

I really hope he wasn't just an idiot who can't spell "traitor"

GBRulz

I think that was is point ! But in a "nice" way, lol. but yeah I agree

esoxx
Gotta run guys, check back in later. Tank, give Hawk a chance. This should be a day of celebration, not pessimism.

Partial
Davin Joseph or one of the ILBs. Or Leinart if he's there :lol:

RashanGary
OMG...

I just picutured the defense....

Fosco33
04-29-2006, 12:10 PM
I want a WR or OG with #2. I want to trade Walker for a late #2 and take Calhoun straight up (or a WR if he's gone). I'm a homer :lol:

imscott72

Forgot about Mangold, I don't think he'll drop though.

He might. Sure helps to have the 1st pick in the 2nd round! I'd be happy with Mangold or Joseph for sure..

No Mo Moss
TT made a great choice. Either waywe win . I think it was a good pick, TT didn't get cute. Hawk has a football name to boot.

Fosco33
04-29-2006, 12:11 PM

Let's pick up Davin Joseph in round 2. Let's trade Javon Walker for a 2nd round pick, and grab a WR with that pick or in round 3.

I'm thiking along the same lines here. What's your scoop on Joseph, Harv?

Scott Campbell
SATURDAY, April 29, 2006, 12:05 p.m.

By Cliff Christl
It's Hawk

The Green Bay Packers might not have drafted an athlete in the class of the top four picks in the draft -- Mario Williams, Reggie Bush, Vince Young and D'Brickashaw Ferguson -- but they got maybe the safest pick in the draft.

Barring injury, Hawk figures to be a solid, reliable starter for years to come. But will he be another Brian Urlacher or just another Chris Spielman? That's the key question here.

If Hawk becomes the player that Urlacher is, he could be the cornerstone of a top-ranked defense. If he's no better than a Spielman or even a Dan Morgan of Carolina, it will likely prove to be a wasted opportunity to have drafted a special athlete.

GBRulz
ok, I want a WR or an OL next round.... prolly won't get to see it though, got a wedding to go to

Partial
no mo moss just got HAWK'D!!

I can see it now!!

Brad Johnson's career comes to an end when he gets HAWK'D!

Deputy Nutz
Mangold or Joseph? That is the question in round two. Expect Mangold to drop.

Tamba Hali or Kiwanuka in round 2? Make a choice.

Rastak
OMG...

I just picutured the defense....I think they'll be pretty solid next year on defense.

CyclonePackFan
04-29-2006, 12:12 PM
Mangold or Joseph? That is the question in round two. Expect Mangold to drop.

Tamba Hali or Kiwanuka in round 2? Make a choice.

I don't like Kiwanuka. Reminds me of Jamal Reynolds.

Iron Mike
Interesting how the video of Hawk after the pick showed him taking down Vince Young!!!! :twisted:

Fosco33
Someone please post the defense in standard formation.

packrulz
I like Tamba Hali in the 2nd.

Bretsky
04-29-2006, 12:13 PM
ss marquand manuel.
dt ryan pickett.
cb charles woodson.
drafting lb aj hawk at #5.

our defense just went off the charts improvement-wise.

from one former linebacker to another: well done, teddy bear......

GREAT POINTS FRITZ; WISH WE'D SEE YA MORE IN HERE.

imscott72
Last year Oklahoma lost three offensive linemen to the NFL. The best prospect of them all though, may have been left behind. Davin Joseph was a standout guard on the Oklahoma line. He has started 24 consecutive games at right guard entering this year. He moved outside to left tackle this year because of his experience.

Joseph is the ideal guard. He is strong and is a very good run blocker. He can dominate at the point of attack and open up massive holes in the running game. Davin also shows the athleticism and ability to block on the move. As a pass blocker, he displays the quickness and footwork to keep his quarterback on his feet.

Moving to left tackle should be a short stay for Joseph. He does not have the athleticism to remain there in the NFL. He is definitely a guard prospect at the next level.

There’s not much to dislike about Joseph. His shortcomings at tackle are not as important at guard, where he is a standout NFL prospect. He is arguably the top guard in the draft, and should be one of the first three guards selected in April. Since guards are not put at a premium, he probably won’t hear his name called too early, but the early second round is not out of the question.

Partial
I think they'll be infinitely better if they add one of the top two ILB's and move Barnett to the outside. That would be HUGE. Legitemate top 10 defense!!

Rastak
Not Harvey but here you go.....

Davin Joseph
G, Oklahoma

War Room analysis
Run blocking: Has adequate bulk and average height. Plays with great leverage and body control. Finishes blocks. Has a mean streak. Consistently hits moving targets on the linebacker level. Must improve footwork but moves swiftly in open field. Grade: 7.4

Pass blocking: Is aggressive. Shows natural knee bend and slides smoothly into sets. Lacks a massive frame but has long arms. Mirrors and slides well with pass rushers. Must improve blitz recognition. Grade: 7.4

Initial quickness: Shows outstanding initial quickness. Rarely loses a one-on-one matchup. Gets good leverage quickly after the snap. Grade: 7.7

Strength: Is powerful and well built. Has a wide body but doesn't have a massive frame. Excels at knocking back defenders with hand punch. Grade: 7.5

Mobility: Shows great mobility and good lateral movement. Is smooth; moves well in open field. Pulls and traps well to reach linebackers. Grade: 7.6

Bottom line: Joseph, a hardworking lineman, continues to improve. He is fundamentally strong and should start as a rookie. He could be the first guard drafted and projects to be an early second-round selection with first-round potential.

Dan Pompei analysis
Played left tackle in college, but is built more like a guard. Is smart, nasty and tough. Is versatile. Picks up stunts and blitzes well. Uses hands well. Maintains separation from defenders. Plays with a good base. Can run block and pass protect equally well. Has long arms and big hands. Doesn't bend well at the knees. No. 2 on Pompei's OG rankings

Deputy Nutz
04-29-2006, 12:14 PM
Will Bobby Carpenter fall? If he does would you take him?

Fosco33
Why didn't Hawk show up?

packrulz
Maybe Detroit will get Leinart.

imscott72
04-29-2006, 12:15 PM
wow the Raiders pass on Leinart?? Whats goin on??

Fosco33
Last year Oklahoma lost three offensive linemen to the NFL. The best prospect of them all though, may have been left behind. Davin Joseph was a standout guard on the Oklahoma line. He has started 24 consecutive games at right guard entering this year. He moved outside to left tackle this year because of his experience.

Joseph is the ideal guard. He is strong and is a very good run blocker. He can dominate at the point of attack and open up massive holes in the running game. Davin also shows the athleticism and ability to block on the move. As a pass blocker, he displays the quickness and footwork to keep his quarterback on his feet.

Moving to left tackle should be a short stay for Joseph. He does not have the athleticism to remain there in the NFL. He is definitely a guard prospect at the next level.

There’s not much to dislike about Joseph. His shortcomings at tackle are not as important at guard, where he is a standout NFL prospect. He is arguably the top guard in the draft, and should be one of the first three guards selected in April. Since guards are not put at a premium, he probably won’t hear his name called too early, but the early second round is not out of the question.

Thanks! I like the sound of that.

Tarlam!
Where's Linnie gonna go??

Rastak
04-29-2006, 12:16 PM
Excellent, let the QB's drop.........

Michael Huff
S, Texas

War Room analysis
Coverage skills: Started at cornerback early in his career; can play press coverage and jam receivers at the line. Is above-average in man-to-man coverage; can contribute in subpackages and line up against slot receivers. Is a solid deep defender. Takes good angles to the ball. Grade: 8.1.

Run/pass recognition: Is an intelligent defender. Reads his keys and diagnoses plays quickly. Doesn't bite on play-action fakes. Reacts quickly and puts himself in position to make plays. Grade: 8.3.

Closing speed: Gets a great jump on the ball and packs a punch; can separate receivers from the ball. Stiff hips slow him down in transition, but closing speed helps him get back into the play. Grade: 8.1.

Ball skills: Is active when the ball is in the air; shows great body control and catches the ball at its highest point. Consistently gets a hand on the ball. Reads the quarterback's eyes. Struggles to outjump larger receivers and tight ends. Grade: 8.4.

Run support: Is a ferocious run defender with great instincts. Can make plays from sideline to sideline. Is stronger than his frame indicates and can shed blockers to get to the ball carrier. Hits like a linebacker. Is comfortable being the eighth defender in the box. Makes plays in the open field. Sometimes fills too hard and overpursues. Grade: 8.4.

Bottom line: Huff is a complete player. He has the ability to play cornerback in the NFL, but he projects much higher as a safety. He is the top safety prospect in the draft because of his versatility, and could possibly be selected as one of the top 10 players overall.

Dan Pompei analysis
NFL teams are split on whether Huff is a safety or cornerback. Has the athleticism and size to do either. Is fluid and fast. Flips his hips easily to change directions quickly. As a cornerback, would be best suited in a cover-2 scheme. Is aggressive and covers a lot of territory. Can shut down a tight end. Has the intelligence to make all the secondary calls. Is loved by coaches. Is a solid tackler, but isn't real explosive on contact. Is comparable to the Ravens' Chris McAlister.
No. 1 on Pompei's safety rankings

No Mo Moss
OMG Leinart is going to the Lions. That should be fun.

Bretsky

I think Carpenter will go in the 22-28 range; if he falls I'd love to see TT grab him.

It doesn't surprise me that Oakland went for Huff.

Partial
I am not going to lie, it'd be very, very cool if TT gave this defense another playmaker in round 2. They would be very, very good then (though they will still only go as far as KGB can let them. Cheers to one of the young guys being able to stop the run!!!)

Deputy Nutz
He had school, and he was sick of traveling. He wanted to spend the day with his family.

imscott72

I don't like taking LB's with the 1st 2 picks. We desperately need guards.

MadtownPacker

Just glad TT passed on him. The Pack D is gonna be sick!!!

Partial
04-29-2006, 12:17 PM
Rastak,

your player evaluations are awesome!! Keep it up!!

CyclonePackFan

Nothing's for sure, but this is what it looks like:

Woodson__________KGB____Pickett____Cole?____Kampma n________Harris

______________________Hawk_____Barnett___Taylor

________________________Manuel_______Collins

Scott Campbell

Just glad TT passed on him. The Pack D is gonna be sick!!!

Nice plug, but I beat you to it.

GoPackGo
Cardinals need a QB

GBRulz
Is Leinert going to be this years Arod?

imscott72
OMG Leinart is going to the Lions. That should be fun.

Nah I think the Cards may take him...Him being a Lion would be interesting tho..

BF4MVP
04-29-2006, 12:18 PM
HATE the hawk pick

(well, dislike it..hate is a strong word i guess cuz I'm not really givin Hawk a fair shake)

I guess I feel how all you guys did when we picked Rodgers last year..

Deputy Nutz
That was a stupid pick by Oakland. The have fucking Aaron Brooks at QB for christsakes.

Huff just isn't physical enough for the 7th pick.

packrulz
Now we get to check out AJ's HOT fiance every game. Woo-hoo!

OS PA
If Leinart had gone out for last years draft, and had been knocked just as hard as he was this year, 49ers would have taken Alex Smith and we would have been grooming Leinart, lol oh well.

Hawk is a bad mo'fer he'll bulk up for the NFL a little bit to put a little extra swagger in his sack of bricks.

I'm waiting for '07 Hawk SOLB, Poppinga MLB, Barnett WOLB

Anti-Polar Bear
Thompson has done nothing to help the offense. The fuck dismantled it, and now hes fucking trying to fix it. Walker, gone. Driver, unhappy. OL remains sihitting. Nothing is done in fa.

Now Thompson drafted Hawk.

I cant wait to write the addtion of ted is trapped in the closet.

Said Brett, "ted how is hawk supposed help us score?"
Said Ted, "my sex with Hawk is worth much much more"

Fosco33
Venkman: Human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together - mass hysteria

Homer Jay
OMG Leinart is going to the Lions. That should be fun.\\

Could he be the next Scott Mitchell?

Partial
04-29-2006, 12:19 PM
I would have no problems if TT built the OL and Defense in this draft. Spent a pick or two on a receiver/returner, but I can't say i'd be mad if we went LB, LB, DE or CB in the first three rounds.

I love draft day!!

I also love the fact the people next door(i'm at my girlfriends in madison) have been up drinking and eating since 6. Luckily they were talking about the draft when they woke me up with their loud music!

Ahhh, the joys of mifflin

Partial
04-29-2006, 12:21 PM
I wonder what Wist thinks of the draft so far. Where is wist?

HarveyWallbangers
04-29-2006, 12:22 PM

I'm thiking along the same lines here. What's your scoop on Joseph, Harv?

Joseph is the top OG in the draft, IMHO. He's a perfect fit for the system. On top of that, like Hawk, he's a first class individual and a real student of the game.

Davin Joseph
OG | (6'3", 311, 5.14) | OKLAHOMA

Joseph has been the Sooners' most dominant offensive lineman over the course of the last two seasons, including his junior season when playing on the same offensive line as Jammal Brown (Saints), who was drafted by the Saints with the 13th overall pick in 2004. Joseph has made a smooth transition to the left tackle position as a senior in 2005 but he will be a far better fit at guard in the NFL, mostly due to his lack of ideal height. Joseph can still improve his technique, but he is a hard-working and "coachable" player who should continue to improve if coached well at the next level. Otherwise, Joseph has very few flaws. He is a wide-bodied, long-armed, strong, athletic and nasty guard prospect. Joseph should quickly develop into a good starter in the NFL, which is why he is worth considering late in the second round of the 2006 NFL draft.

Fosco33
I would have no problems if TT built the OL and Defense in this draft. Spent a pick or two on a receiver/returner, but I can't say i'd be mad if we went LB, LB, DE or CB in the first three rounds.

I love draft day!!

I also love the fact the people next door(i'm at my girlfriends in madison) have been up drinking and eating since 6. Luckily they were talking about the draft when they woke me up with their loud music!

Dude, I used to live on Mifflin! I love that street :mrgreen:

Tarlam!
If Hawk's ol' teammate is still there, think of it!

Bretsky

I love draft day!!

MIFFLIN STREET ????????? IF I KNEW YOU WERE PARTYING THERE I WOULD HAVE INVITED MYSELF OVER ! I use to live on Orchard.

packrulz
04-29-2006, 12:23 PM
TT is on CH 5

Fosco33

Nothing's for sure, but this is what it looks like:

Woodson__________KGB____Pickett____Cole?____Kampma n________Harris

______________________Hawk_____Barnett___Taylor

________________________Manuel_______Collins

Thanks! You too Rastak - nice writeups. The quality here is awesome.

imscott72
I tihnk Oakland fucked up with their pick. Brooks is garbage. Oh well, doesn't hurt my feelings.

Bretsky
I wonder what Wist thinks of the draft so far. Where is wist?

He still hangs at JS once in a while; wish he'd be over here

Fosco33
04-29-2006, 12:24 PM
I tihnk Oakland fucked up with their pick. Brooks is garbage. Oh well, doesn't hurt my feelings.

I hate 'da Raidas' - let em rott.

Tarlam!

Can't blame them for listening to Tank, the NFL Guru, can ya?

OS PA
Teddy giving a Q/A right now.

Anti-Polar Bear
04-29-2006, 12:25 PM
Thank God, Huff is drafted by Oakland and not a NFC North team; Huff is the Randy Moss of defense, and now Pack wont have to worry about him. Still, that is not an excuse for why THompson should bypassed him.

:twisted:

Partial
I'm actually on Mills and Bowen but everyone is getting ready for the mifflin party today. It's getting pretty nuts out. I have seen no less than two exquisite pairs of breasts outside the window this morning! Ahh the joys of college!

GBRulz
what is TT talking about saying when trying to work out his contract it might come back to haunt him??