PDA

View Full Version : 2006 Live DRAFT Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10

Bretsky
04-29-2006, 06:32 PM
Dammit; Ravens just drafted OG Chris Chester. He'd have been my 2nd pick at OG as the player who could step in immediately and start after Davin Joseph.

I'm learning we should never expect name guys with TT as he seems to enjoy plucking the smaller school/ less known players.

Merlin
04-29-2006, 06:33 PM
Wouldn't be a bad thing only he isn't Ron Wolf and even Mike Sherman had a better eye for late draft talent then TT. He has passed on players that the Packer's need NOW to get players that won't pan out for a few years...

RashanGary
04-29-2006, 06:34 PM
Thompson believes he can find players. He spends a ton of time and searches far and wide. I think we're goign to get some reallly good players. If not; I'm off of thompsons band wagon.

He needs at least 4 starters and Hawk to be a star.

RashanGary
04-29-2006, 06:35 PM
What happened to the bears 1st...

I'm at work.. I hate this.

Fosco33
04-29-2006, 06:37 PM

I'm at work.. I hate this.

Traded down for picks.

Merlin
04-29-2006, 06:37 PM
Traded down with Buffalo to #42:

Danieal Manning S ABILENE CHRISTIAN

Joemailman
04-29-2006, 06:38 PM
Dammit; Ravens just drafted OG Chris Chester. He'd have been my 2nd pick at OG as the player who could step in immediately and start after Davin Joseph.

I'm learning we should never expect name guys with TT as he seems to enjoy plucking the smaller school/ less known players.

Maybe TT will make it up to you by taking Calhoun and Bernstein.

Rastak
04-29-2006, 06:38 PM

I'm at work.. I hate this.F'ing Bears justr took Hester out of Miami...DAMN IT....

Anti-Polar Bear
04-29-2006, 06:39 PM

Maybe TT will make it up to you by taking Calhoun and Bernstein.

I would prefer Brandan Williams and Calhoun, both could still be around in the 3rd.

Tony Oday
sweet Th Bears took a WR and it wasnt Stovall :)

Cmon this guy has some speed and is HUGE third round baby!

Homer Jay
Wouldn't be a bad thing only he isn't Ron Wolf and even Mike Sherman had a better eye for late draft talent then TT. He has passed on players that the Packer's need NOW to get players that won't pan out for a few years...

As soon as I see that the Packers used one of their third round picks for a punter I will believe Sherman had a better eye for talent at any point in the draft. Because we haven't heard of somebody doesn't make them bad picks. The Packers have gotten much better in the last week. IMO

Merlin
Bernstien is a SAFE pick. However I think you could grab him in the 4th. Calhoon would be a safe pick @67 for a PR/KR and potnetially a situational WR.

Scott Campbell

Sherman? Players like James Lee? And BJ Sander?

Rastak
04-29-2006, 06:40 PM

Cmon this guy has some speed and is HUGE third round baby!You won't be so happy when you play against him....sort of was hoping Hester would slide a bit.

Merlin
04-29-2006, 06:41 PM
[As soon as I see that the Packers used one of their third round picks for a punter I will believe Sherman had a better eye for talent at any point in the draft. Because we haven't heard of somebody doesn't make them bad picks. The Packers have gotten much better in the last week. IMO[/quote]

Yup I agree, but NOT today. The punter debacle was a joke, just like Hawk and a a friggin Tackle and the #16 rated WR in a week WR class for Walker....

Joemailman
04-29-2006, 06:41 PM
Bernstien is a SAFE pick. However I think you could grab him in the 4th. Calhoon would be a safe pick @67 for a PR/KR and potnetially a situational WR.

I didn't mean Bernstein now. He's definitely a late round pick.

Anti-Polar Bear
04-29-2006, 06:42 PM

Thompson? Players like Terrence Murphy? Both Lee and Sanders were drafted higher than Murphy.

Deputy Nutz
04-29-2006, 06:42 PM
Richard Marshall is a good pick for Carolina.

Merlin
04-29-2006, 06:43 PM

And who is a bust from Thompson last year? According to how we are drafting, everyone but Collins....
[/quote]

Joemailman
04-29-2006, 06:44 PM
The more I read about Colledge, the more I think he could be a guard. His 10, 20 amd 40 times are comparable than Davin Joseph. TT probably sees him as someone who can play guard or left tackle.

Bretsky
04-29-2006, 06:45 PM
Tank, maybe Merlin.....might like the thread I just started regarding second rounders. Even though we are trading from spots where legit starters are there, I still expect TT to draft instant contributors in round 2. Are we ? ahhhh

Bretsky
04-29-2006, 06:46 PM
The more I read about Colledge, the more I think he could be a guard. His 10, 20 amd 40 times are comparable than Davin Joseph. TT probably sees him as someone who can play guard or left tackle.

why they'd pass on Chris Chester for this guy blows my mind away

Scott Campbell
Thompson? Players like Terrence Murphy? Both Lee and Sanders were drafted higher than Murphy.

Both Lee and Sanders were drafted lower than Murphy.

Merlin
I don't think Bernstein will last past the 4th, apparently people aren't thinking to highly of Orr or Williams either. Who knows, maybe they don't think that highly of him, I know FB's in the NFL are an unusual position to draft high.

mngolf19
04-29-2006, 06:47 PM

Cmon this guy has some speed and is HUGE third round baby!You won't be so happy when you play against him....sort of was hoping Hester would slide a bit.

Hester is a CB and special teams player. Of which he is more a SP player than CB.

Rastak
04-29-2006, 06:48 PM

Hester is a CB and special teams player. Of which he is more a SP player than CB.Yees indeed and could nbe a very fine one at that..just didn't wan't see him in Green Bay or Chicago.....

Merlin
04-29-2006, 06:49 PM
Popinga, Manning, Underwood, Montgomery, Coston....all instant successes....

Deputy Nutz
Because Chris Chester has very little starting experience, for that matter very little experience on the offensive line. He is a work in progress. I guess when it becomes important for a guard or a center to run 40 yards in under 5.00 seconds. He is athletic, but its going to take him a while to produce. I think Colledge is a more complete player at this point.

Fritz
"Because we haven't heard of somebody doesn't make them bad picks."

How true. I didn't hear anybody cheering about Nick Collins, and now he's one of our posters and a starting safety with an excellent future.

Trust TT.

Anti-Polar Bear
04-29-2006, 06:50 PM

Both Lee and Sanders were drafted lower than Murphy.

Which means thompson fucked up more? See the logic? :wink:

mngolf19
04-29-2006, 06:50 PM
We want Hodge and a QB, Rastak! Focus man, focus! And more OL is never a bad thing.

Fritz
04-29-2006, 06:51 PM
Tank, there is no logic in your posts. Only blind hatred.

But I still like reading your ranting.

Anti-Polar Bear
04-29-2006, 06:52 PM

Not true. You just refuse to believe what i writes.

Scott Campbell
04-29-2006, 06:52 PM

The constant screw-ups have lots of entertainment value too.

mraynrand
04-29-2006, 06:53 PM
TT is using sound strategy. Accumulate picks and take guys early that can play the game. You can take your chances with "measurables" in later rounds. I think Millen is going to be sorry taking Sims and the undisciplined 'roamer' from Nebraska. Millen has to stop drafting guy who look good in the weight room (or keep it up and screw his team over - benefits the Packers)

Merlin
04-29-2006, 06:54 PM
Well if you are going to rate his draft last year, he got 1 starter. This year he HAD the chance to get at least 2. Instead he traded Walker (which was stupid because he is a whining child that needs a time out) and then takes the picks and doesn't pick up another starter let alone a WR for Walker (Lelie or Stallworth). Apparently he has no confidence in the players he selected last year. SEE: Coston, Wittacker (OL), Manning, Popinga (LB)...

RashanGary
04-29-2006, 06:55 PM
We need 2 starters right away and at least 2 or 3 more to develop over the next couple years.

Fritz
04-29-2006, 06:56 PM
Thank you mraynrand. Millen seems to have his head permanently stuck up his arse. I'll take Hawk, Colledge and Jennings over Sims and Bullocks. Same with the Queens' draft. Would anybody here take the Queens's draft in exchange for the Packers'? I think not. Same with da Bears.

We'll have to come back to this in three years. In fact, on Monday I'll start a thread looking back at the draft three years ago. Shermy's last. We'll be able to measure that one.

outflow
04-29-2006, 06:56 PM
Well if you are going to rate his draft last year, he got 1 starter. This year he HAD the chance to get at least 2. Instead he traded Walker (which was stupid because he is a whining child that needs a time out) and then takes the picks and doesn't pick up another starter let alone a WR for Walker (Lelie or Stallworth). Apparently he has no confidence in the players he selected last year. SEE: Coston, Wittacker (OL), Manning, Popinga (LB)...

That is an interesting take. I'm still saying they should have taken Chad Jackson.

Bretsky
04-29-2006, 06:59 PM

That is an interesting take. I'm still saying they should have taken Chad Jackson.

I would not argue with that.

Anything less than 3 quality starters to add to this 4-12 team is unacceptable. I think Jackson might have came right in and started from day one.

Deputy Nutz
04-29-2006, 06:59 PM
I pretty much guarantee that Colledge will start the very first game of the season for the Packers.

Scott Campbell
04-29-2006, 07:00 PM
SATURDAY, April 29, 2006, 6:49 p.m.

By Dave Heller
Second-round analysis

From NFLDraftCountdown.com:

On Daryn Colledge: "Can play either tackle or guard and will help give Brett Favre the protection he needs."

On Greg Jennings: "Fills a big need since both Javon Walker and Terrence Murphy are no longer with the team."

From NFL Draft Class:

On Colledge: "Solid pick for the Packers, who needed a light, versatile lineman to fit their scheme. Grade: B"

On Jennings: "Very nice pick, Green Bay's having a solid draft. Jennings will be Javon Walker's eventual replacement. Grade: B "

Yahoo! Sports' Charles Robinson:

On Colledge: "Colledge really improved his stock leading up to the draft, and is a quality tackle to develop down the line. Could be a full-time starter in a year. He buried Mathias Kiwanuka a few times in protection drills at the Senior Bowl and got scouts buzzing."

On Jennings: "Jennings is a guy that will be able to fill the multi-dimensional role left open by the unfortunate development with last year's second round pick, Terrence Murphy. Jennings can return punts and could develop into a good No. 2 option next to Donald Driver now that Javon Walker is in Denver. He doesn't have great speed, but he finds ways to be a playmaker."
Right-click to get URL suitable for linking

Fritz
Again, we'll see in about two or three years. I'm curious if Greg Jennings has punt return ability. That would be cool.

Anti-Polar Bear
I echo, Chad Jackson shoudve been drafted.

Rastak
We want Hodge and a QB, Rastak! Focus man, focus! And more OL is never a bad thing.

I can't focus, I drank about 6 pints this afternoon....LOL....I agree on Hodge and a QB for sure though....

Merlin
We're up soon....who's it gonna be?

I would take any one of these:
Demetrius Williams WR
Maurice Stovall WR
Taitusi Lutui OG
Rob Sims OG
Erik Meyer QB
Matt Bernstein FB

mraynrand
04-29-2006, 07:01 PM
"Well if you are going to rate his draft last year, he got 1 starter."

That's a pretty limited way of looking at last year. Should Rodgers have started over Favre? Should Murphy have started after suffering a career ending injury? Should Popp have played with a snapped ACL? Stick around - a number of those guys will end up starting. If you expect all the rooks to start, then you muct think your current squad is the worst team in the NFL. Look carefully around the league and ask how many rooks on average start and how well teams play that start a lot of rooks.

outflow
04-29-2006, 07:01 PM

I would not argue with that.

Anything less than 3 quality starters to add to this 4-12 team is unacceptable. I think Jackson might have came right in and started from day one.

true that homey

Homer Jay
04-29-2006, 07:03 PM
[As soon as I see that the Packers used one of their third round picks for a punter I will believe Sherman had a better eye for talent at any point in the draft. Because we haven't heard of somebody doesn't make them bad picks. The Packers have gotten much better in the last week. IMO

Yup I agree, but NOT today. The punter debacle was a joke, just like Hawk and a a friggin Tackle and the #16 rated WR in a week WR class for Walker....[/quote]

Well Scout.com has him rnked as the # 6 WR. I found a couple others at 6 and one at 9. The only place I saw him listed any lower was at 16. Of course they had players listed in alphabetical order so that doesn't reall count. Can you tell me where you saw Jennings rated as # 16?

Merlin
04-29-2006, 07:04 PM
"
That's a pretty limited way of looking at last year. Should Rodgers have started over Favre? Should Murphy have started after suffering a career ending injury? Should Popp have played with a snapped ACL? Stick around - a number of those guys will end up starting. If you expect all the rooks to start, then you muct think your current squad is the worst team in the NFL. Look carefully around the league and ask how many rooks on average start and how well teams play that start a lot of rooks.

Not really if you look at the positions we are talking this year. We have what 7 LB's on the roster already???? And 10 OL?

Fritz
04-29-2006, 07:04 PM
"Well if you are going to rate his draft last year, he got 1 starter."

True words, mryaynrand. Let's see, in two years, how that draft turned out. And you can't hold Murphy against TT. There was no way to know he'd be injured. I expect that either Coston or Whitticker will turn out, as will either Underwood or Gado. That means three players would have come out of that draft. Three starters. That's almost as many as Shermy got in three years (he got four starters in three years).

Merlin
04-29-2006, 07:05 PM
Fox Sports

Scott Campbell
04-29-2006, 07:05 PM
Well Scout.com has him rnked as the # 6 WR. I found a couple others at 6 and one at 9. The only place I saw him listed any lower was at 16. Of course they had players listed in alphabetical order so that doesn't reall count. Can you tell me where you saw Jennings rated as # 16?

Honestly, who cares where all these websites have these guys rated? Ted's not getting paid big bucks to make sure that his draft board is perfectly aligned with USA Today's.

Merlin
04-29-2006, 07:06 PM
Gado was undrafted. Picked up off someone's practice squad.

Homer Jay
04-29-2006, 07:06 PM

Honestly, who cares where all these websites have these guys rated? Ted's not getting paid big bucks to make sure that his draft board is perfectly aligned with USA Today's.

Thats kinda my point. But I'm not the one who said Jenning was the # 16 rated wide reciever.

Scott Campbell
04-29-2006, 07:07 PM
True words, mryaynrand. Let's see, in two years, how that draft turned out. And you can't hold Murphy against TT. There was no way to know he'd be injured. I expect that either Coston or Whitticker will turn out, as will either Underwood or Gado. That means three players would have come out of that draft. Three starters. That's almost as many as Shermy got in three years (he got four starters in three years).

Gado was a FA pickup. Montgomery has as good a chance to become a starter as any of those guys.

Anti-Polar Bear
04-29-2006, 07:07 PM
Even before the injure, Murphy suffers from an undiagnosed neck condition. Obviously, Thompson did not do his homework. Therefore, the polar bear is to blame for the drafting of Murphy.

Merlin
04-29-2006, 07:08 PM
Gado was a FA pickup. Montgomery has as good a chance to become a starter as any of those guys.

I like Montgomery, I wonder where they found a helmet to fit that HUGE head of his???

Scott Campbell
04-29-2006, 07:08 PM
Even before the injure, Murphy suffers from an undiagnosed neck condition. Obviously, Thompson did not do his homework. Therefore, the polar bear is to blame for the drafting of Murphy.

Dang Tank. God was the only one who knew about that.

Thompson didn't do his homework??? You're just being silly.

CyclonePackFan
04-29-2006, 07:10 PM
Looks like the Vikings just traded up...

Merlin
04-29-2006, 07:11 PM
It's an odd injury and I feel bad for the guy. I thought he was going to be another Driver for sure, even faster with his speed. Speaking of that, we haven't replaced him in this draft yet either! If Fergeson wouldn't have opened his mouth last year and say "I can be the #1 WR", then I wouldn't be so hell bent on getting rid of him, but how can you with Walker gone and this draft??

Scott Campbell
04-29-2006, 07:12 PM
I'd like to add the TE Pope here.

mngolf19
Got our QB, now lets get Hodge.

mraynrand
"Even before the injure, Murphy suffers from an undiagnosed neck condition. Obviously, Thompson did not do his homework. Therefore, the polar bear is to blame for the drafting of Murphy."

APB - I don't know if you just hate TT and it's affecting your ability to think or whether you don't know about stenosis. Essentially, it isn't a condition you can diagnose without special tests, like MRIs, that aren't normally warrented without symptoms. There was nothing previous to suggest this in Murphy. Many people live with stenosis their whole lives and never know it. Up to 20-40% of the population might have this 'condition.' What would motivate foorball players (and the foorballplayers association) to submit themselves to MRI screening? Clearly TT is not at fault. Move on.

Anti-Polar Bear
04-29-2006, 07:13 PM

TJ Ford of the Bucks suffers from a similar condition. The Bucks knew about it before they drafted him. Football is a more physical game; fact that the Thompson inner circle failed to diagnosed it reflects their inablity to evaluate players.

CyclonePackFan
04-29-2006, 07:14 PM
Calhoun could be an interesting pick here, else a DE or LB

Scott Campbell
04-29-2006, 07:16 PM
TJ Ford of the Bucks suffers from a similar condition. The Bucks knew about it before they drafted him. Football is a more physical game; fact that the Thompson inner circle failed to diagnosed it reflects their inablity to evaluate players.

Which superior NFL staffs did diagnose it?

Homer Jay
Tank, even for you thats absurd. No doctor was able to diagnose it, but Thompson should have known? Come on, at least try to be realistic.

Scott Campbell
TJ Ford of the Bucks suffers from a similar condition. The Bucks knew about it before they drafted him.

Really? I didn't know that. Source?

Anti-Polar Bear
04-29-2006, 07:18 PM
APB - I don't know if you just hate TT and it's affecting your ability to think or whether you don't know about stenosis. Essentially, it isn't a condition you can diagnose without special tests, like MRIs, that aren't normally warrented without symptoms. There was nothing previous to suggest this in Murphy. Many people live with stenosis their whole lives and never know it. Up to 20-40% of the population might have this 'condition.' What would motivate foorball players (and the foorballplayers association) to submit themselves to MRI screening? Clearly TT is not at fault. Move on.

Using this logic, then I guess its not Sherman's fault that he signed Joe Johnson, since Sherman didnt anticipate Johnson getting injured; just as Thompson didnt anticipate Murphy getting injured.

Fosco33
04-29-2006, 07:18 PM
Lendale White is now an Eagle - trade with Titans.]

Nevermind - I read that wrong.

Sparkey
04-29-2006, 07:19 PM
Pack picks Abdul Hodge @ 67

GREAT PICK

CyclonePackFan
With the 67th pick in the draft, Green Bay selects:

Abdul Hodge, ILB, Iowa

Deputy Nutz
Is it me, or when the Packers select they go to a fucking comercial?

Annoying.
Looks like the Packers are ready to pick

Abdul Hodge!!!

Awesome!

Merlin
04-29-2006, 07:20 PM
I think that's a safe pick here.

Merlin
04-29-2006, 07:21 PM
Well I'm out, I don't think we have anymore day 1 picks do we?

CyclonePackFan
I'd like the pick if he wasn't a fucking Hawkeye bastard.

God dammit TT.

Anti-Polar Bear
TJ Ford of the Bucks suffers from a similar condition. The Bucks knew about it before they drafted him.

I thought you are from Wisconsin. Dont you follow the bucks? I am too lazy to look it up. Look it up for urself. the Info is on the Internet.

CyclonePackFan
04-29-2006, 07:22 PM

We've got 2 more

outflow

haha. Two more dude.

Deputy Nutz
2 more picks in the 3rd round.

Homer Jay

Two more.

Bretsky

I thought you are from Wisconsin. Dont you follow the bucks? I am too lazy to look it up. Look it up for urself. the Info is on the Internet.

IF THEY PICKED ABDUL HODGE THIS IS A GREAT PICK !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Merlin
04-29-2006, 07:23 PM
Must have wrote the numbers down wrong. When do we pick again?

Nevermind, I wrote down 175 ana 193. Smart.....DUMBAZZ!!!!

Scott Campbell
04-29-2006, 07:23 PM

Tank can't back this up. Imagine that.

Can anyone else confirm that the Bucks knew about Ford's condition prior to the draft?

Is it because they gave him a MRI, or was it widely disclosed?

Fritz
04-29-2006, 07:24 PM

Thank you, Scott. NOBODY knew. They don't test for narrowed spinal columns. Yet.

Pack just picked Abdul Hodge. GREAT pick. A GREAT pick. This is turning out to be one kick ass draft. Whether Tank likes it or not.

Anti-Polar Bear
04-29-2006, 07:25 PM

Tank can't back this up. Imagine that.

Can anyone else confirm that the Bucks knew about Ford's condition prior to the draft?

Is it because they gave him a MRI, or was it widely disclosed?

They gave him an MRI. He got hurt at Texas.

BF4MVP
HODGE!!!!!!!! WOW!!! I wanted that guy as a possible SECOND round pick!!! Now we got him in the third, that's a STEAL!!!

I wouldn't be surprised if he started for us! I think he is an inside backer, so we can move Barnett outside.

Bretsky

Thank you, Scott. NOBODY knew. They don't test for narrowed spinal columns. Yet.

Pack just picked Abdul Hodge. GREAT pick. A GREAT pick. This is turning out to be one kick ass draft. Whether Tank likes it or not.

WAITING FOR ESPN TO DISCUSS; STILL HAVEN'T EVEN SEEN IT YET.

WHY IN THE H@LL DOESN"T ESPN SHOW ALL THE PICKS WHEN THEY HAPPEN ?

Homer Jay
04-29-2006, 07:26 PM
# 75 and # 93

Bretsky
04-29-2006, 07:26 PM
HODGE!!!!!!!! WOW!!! I wanted that guy as a possible SECOND round pick!!! Now we got him in the third, that's a STEAL!!!

I wouldn't be surprised if he started for us! I think he is an inside backer, so we can move Barnett outside.

BARNETT HODGE HAWK

GREAT COMBO FOR THE FUTURE

Rastak
04-29-2006, 07:27 PM
Got our QB, now lets get Hodge.Missed it, gotta check who it is....damn, wife came down and I missed it all.....

Anti-Polar Bear
04-29-2006, 07:27 PM
I am sure the NFL gives MRA at the Combine. Read Brandon Williams, Jonanthan Orrs, and Owen Daniels web bloggs on JSONLINE. They talked about having to go through a dozen or so medical tests.

Bretsky
04-29-2006, 07:28 PM
# 75 and # 93

WE'RE UP SOON

IS LEONARD POPE STILL THERE ?

IF HE IS HE"D BE A GREAT PICK.

Merlin
I heard that the Viking Fans on the ESPN board are commiting mass suicide right now.

Fosco33
It's time to take Williams or Calhoun damnit! I hope Chad Jackson doesn't feel like the non Chambers pick from years past.

Scott Campbell
04-29-2006, 07:29 PM
I am sure the NFL gives MRA at the Combine. Read Brandon Williams, Jonanthan Orrs, and Owen Daniels web bloggs on JSONLINE. They talked about having to go through a dozen or so medical tests.

I saw Ford's referred to as a pre existing condition somewhere else. I follow the Jazz. I've been down on the Bucks since Jim Fitzgerald sold the team.

Anti-Polar Bear
draft brandon williams at #75, thompson!!!

Sparkey
McCargo would be a nice pick here or Pope

CyclonePackFan
McCargo would be a nice pick here

lol

Rastak

BARNETT HODGE HAWK

Nice picks guys.....

Bretsky
04-29-2006, 07:30 PM
It's time to take Williams or Calhoun damnit! I hope Chad Jackson doesn't feel like the non Chambers pick from years past.

LEONARD POPE
BRYAN CALHOUN
BRANDON WILLIAMS
DEMETRIUS WILLIAMS
MAURICE STOVALL

Merlin
04-29-2006, 07:30 PM
Vikings so far:
Chad Greenway LB
Cedric Griffin CB
Ryan Cook C
Tarvaris Jackson QB

Guess I shouldn't complain about TT!

jklowan
04-29-2006, 07:31 PM
please

Bretsky
04-29-2006, 07:31 PM
DANG LEONARD POPE IS OFF THE BOARD

Fritz
04-29-2006, 07:32 PM
"WAITING FOR ESPN TO DISCUSS; STILL HAVEN'T EVEN SEEN IT YET.

WHY IN THE H@LL DOESN"T ESPN SHOW ALL THE PICKS WHEN THEY HAPPEN ?"

Because ESPN sucks, Bretsky.

And you are I are in hog heaven - Abdul Hodge to the Pack!!

I repeat: would anybody (but Tank) on this forum trade the Packers' draft class so far for anyone else's in the division??

jklowan
post a list of whos left again, top 100 picks

Rastak
Vikings so far:
Chad Greenway LB
Cedric Griffin CB
Ryan Cook C
Tarvaris Jackson QB

Guess I shouldn't complain about TT!I like Greenway alot, I think Hawk is better but I've heard more than one pundit declare Greenway a better play (probably dummies)...Griffin was a good pick...not sure about the other two.

Say how's the guy from the north pole.... :wink:

Merlin
I like that Stovall, big WR, almost TE Size.

Bretsky
please

Hey JK,

Welcome to the forum; who do you want TT to take ? Brian Calhoun might be a nice pick here.

Merlin
04-29-2006, 07:33 PM
I only liked Griffin out of that bunch, the QB...who tha hell is he?

Scott Campbell
04-29-2006, 07:33 PM
Former Viking Robert Smith called the Green Bay Packers the most improved team since last season on ESPN radio.

jklowan
04-29-2006, 07:35 PM
Is giles still available

packrulz
04-29-2006, 07:35 PM
Calhoun would be great.

BF4MVP
04-29-2006, 07:36 PM

BARNETT HODGE HAWK

Yep it is!

Bretsky
Is giles still available

I THINK SO; WONDER WHY. Great talent but he's not that quick so many have wondered if he'd fit out zone blocking scheme or not.

Scott Campbell
SATURDAY, April 29, 2006, 7:31 p.m.

By Dave Heller
Brian Calhoun

ESPN's Mel Kiper has former UW running back Brian Calhoun listed as his best player available here early in the third round (pick 73 up).

Bretsky
ONE MORE PICK TO GB

Scott Campbell
04-29-2006, 07:37 PM
SATURDAY, April 29, 2006, 7:25 p.m.

By Cliff Christl
Packers pick another linebacker

The Packers selected middle or inside linebacker Abdul Hodge of Iowa with their first of three third-round draft choices. Hodge stands 6-foot, weighs 234 pounds and runs a 4.75 40-yard dash. He had over 100 tackles in each of the last three seasons.

Bretsky
04-29-2006, 07:38 PM
ABDUL HODGE

Over 400 Tackles in College FB
Well disciplined and instinctive
Loved studying film per ESPN

He's a Playa !!!!

Scott Campbell
SATURDAY, April 29, 2006, 7:21 p.m.

By Cliff Christl
Philbin on Colledge
What did Joe Philbin, the Packers' offensive line coach, like most about Daryn Colledge, the offensive lineman drafted by the Packers in the second round?

His quickness, athleticism and durability, said Philbin. Colledge started 52 straight games in college.

jklowan
giles is it

Bretsky
THOSE DIRTY FUCKIN LIIIIIOOONNNSSSS

CyclonePackFan
GOD DAMMIT THE LIONS TOOK CALHOUN

Sparkey
Calhoun to the Lions

Scott Campbell
04-29-2006, 07:39 PM
SATURDAY, April 29, 2006, 7:18 p.m.

By Cliff Christl
Robinson on Jennings

Greg Jennings, the wide receiver from Western Michigan drafted by the Packers in the second round, ran mostly short routes last season -- screens, slides and snags, etc. -- according to Jimmy Robinson, the Packers' wide receivers coach. But Robinson said Jennings ran deeper routes in a different system earlier in his career.

One of Jennings' strengths is his run-after-the-catch ability. Robinson said Jennings had a knack for making tacklers miss and also showed the ability to break tackles.

Rastak
I only liked Griffin out of that bunch, the QB...who tha hell is he?Tarvaris Jackson
QB, Alabama State

War Room analysis
Strengths: Has good speed and size. Has a strong arm and can get the ball downfield. Is mobile and athletic, and can work out of the pocket. Is an excellent runner. Led his conference in passing efficiency.

Weaknesses: Lack of competition is a concern after playing at the Division I-AA level. Doesn\u2019t show ideal pocket passer awareness and often makes poor choices. Will need technique work.

Bottom line: Jackson has the tools to be a tough and aggressive quarterback at the next level. He was dominant at the small school level but must improve for the next level. He is worth a gamble as a late Day 2 pick.

Dan Pompei analysis
Has a strong arm, and eludes pressure well. Reminds some of the Falcons' Michael Vick at times. Makes things happen. Gets flustered into some bad throws, and can be erratic. Will have a learning curve to master a pro offense. Shows questionable ability to read coverages, follow progressions and manage a game. Played well in the East-West Shrine Game. Has not faced elite competition.
No. 7 on Pompei's QB rankings

Fosco33
FUCKING BEARS TOOK CALHOUN!

Homer Jay
I really hate it when former Badgers get picked in the North Division. Now I have to hope he isn't great.

Bretsky
giles is it

I'll support that. Hey, how'd ya hear about Packerrats ?

Pope and Calhoun off the board so I'm bummed.

Still some good WR's; not sure about the TE's left.

Giles a nasty OG

MadtownPacker
ABDUL HODGE

Over 400 Tackles in College FB
Well disciplined and instinctive
Loved studying film per ESPN

He's a Playa !!!!

They just said he has more tackles then greenway. Damn and theres still 2 more to go?
Wheww, TT loaded up on picks.

Joemailman
04-29-2006, 07:41 PM

Let me offer my condolences...

jklowan
Is everyone holding there breath?

Fosco33
FUCKING BEARS TOOK CALHOUN!

NFL Network had it wrong - but just as bad... the Lions that is.

CyclonePackFan
04-29-2006, 07:42 PM
Jason Spitz

Sparkey
04-29-2006, 07:42 PM
Packers pick Jason Spitz

Bretsky
04-29-2006, 07:43 PM
JASON SPITZ OG

GOOD PICK; The ESPN Analyst actually predicted GB would pick this guy and he'd be a nice fit in the zone blocking scheme. Truth be told I think I like our round 3 picks better than round 2. Things are shaping up fine.

Fosco33
04-29-2006, 07:44 PM
Saints wanted Favre back in January - but the Pack said no way. Talks did occur within the Saints.

Anti-Polar Bear
as i am found of saying, thompson fucked up with that pick. Brandon Williams should be the choice.

CyclonePackFan
Jason Spitz, Louisville (6-3½, 313; 5.45)
He had a complete workout at the Combine. He ran two 40s in 5.41 and 5.49 seconds. He also ran the short shuttle in 4.56 and the three-cone drill in 7.82. In addition, he had a 28½-inch vertical jump, an 8-foot-6 broad jump and 25 bench presses. He started six games at right guard in 2002, then started at left guard the past three seasons. He played center during spring practice in 2005. He's a strong, smart, competitive player with good work habits. He's an average athlete who won't wow you with his body (arms only 31¼ inches).

Fosco33
04-29-2006, 07:45 PM
JASON SPITZ OG

GOOD PICK; The ESPN Analyst actually predicted GB would pick this guy and he'd be a nice fit in the zone blocking scheme. Truth be told I think I like our round 3 picks better than round 2. Things are shaping up fine.

I'm gonna call TT the Dam Repairer. The holes are filling up!

Bretsky

Let me offer my condolences...

Thanks; but the Packers don't select Badgers anyways so I'm happy for Calhoun. It would have been interesting to see if they'd have taken Calhoun, who was a great pick there and best available. My guess would be that they would have passed.

Merlin
Jason Spitz....Don't know anything about him, awefully high for a Guard. 6'3 303 from Lousiville. Looks like they are looking at him for a Center

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/draft/prospect?contentId=5528256

Homer Jay
04-29-2006, 07:46 PM
Who would have guessed Tank wouldn't like the pick?

Bretsky
04-29-2006, 07:47 PM
as i am found of saying, thompson fucked up with that pick. Brandon Williams should be the choice.

But Tank, give TT credit in that Abdul Hodge was a great pick.

Merlin
04-29-2006, 07:48 PM
Thanks; but the Packers don't select Badgers anyways so I'm happy for Calhoun. It would have been interesting to see if they'd have taken Calhoun, who was a great pick there and best available. My guess would be that they would have passed.

Who was the QB in the 80's we got from Wisconsin that sucked? Randy White?

Joemailman
04-29-2006, 07:49 PM

Actually, Tank is wrong so much I'd be nervous if he liked our picks.

Bretsky
Jason Spitz....Don't know anything about him, awefully high for a Guard. 6'3 303 from Lousiville. Looks like they are looking at him for a Center

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/draft/prospect?contentId=5528256

GREAT ANALYSIS I'M GOING TO PASTE IN HERE

OVERVIEW
Spitz is a versatile and physical athlete who can play both guard positions, in addition to having experience at center. An intelligent lineman who recognizes coverages and has great field awareness, he is perfectly capable of calling blocking assignments. He is also one of the strongest players on the team, boasting a 585-pound squat, and competed in organized weightlifting during his high school days.

Spitz was a first-team All-First Coast selection by the Florida Times-Union as a two-way lineman at The Bolles High School. He finished his senior season with 10 quarterback sacks and 56 tackles, earning second-team All-State honors from the Florida Times-Union. He began his prep career at Wilson High School, recording 50 tackles and a pair of sacks as a junior. He was a member of the Bolles High weightlifting squad with a 425-pound bench press and 650-pound squat. He also lettered in track, advancing to the regional level as a junior in the shot put and discus.

Spitz redshirted in 2001 at Louisville. He took over right guard duties in the second game of the 2002 season, starting six times before he suffered a knee injury that sidelined him the rest of the season. He came back to start every game at right guard in 2003, earning All-Conference USA second-team honors.

The Cardinals experimented with Spitz at center during 2004 fall camp, but he went on to start every game at right guard. He again earned second-team All-Conference USA honors as a junior. He continued his string of consecutive starts to 39, playing in every game at left guard as a senior. He closed his career as a first-team All-Big East Conference choice.

ANALYSIS

Positives: Wide-bodied type with a thick chest, wide shoulders and hips, thick arms and legs and natural strength...Uses his strong upper body to gain movement off the snap...Strong drive blocker who can roll defenders and strike with good leverage and pad level...Has adequate quickness for the short area pulls and traps...Best when working in-line, as he is very active with his hands, delivering a punishing punch to shock and jolt defenders...Also is effective at using those hands to control his man without holding much...Has a good feel for coverages, quickly picking up blitzes and stunts...Best in drive blocking, as he is a physical fist fighter who can create a new line of scrimmage for the ground game.

Negatives: Might be a better fit at center than guard, as his feet seem to die when he has to run into the second level and he lacks the loose hips and change of direction agility to do an effective job of breaking down in space...His upper body strength is sometimes negated, as he's more of a waist bender, struggling to drive through when he gets too high in his stance (slides off blocks)...Gets his base too narrow working in the second level, causing him to overextend and lose balance in attempts to target linebackers...Lacks the lateral agility to be effective in his pass set, as he is slow to get into position.

Spitz is a strong, physical player with some nice nastiness to his game. He knows how to use his upper body strength to maul and not only knows everybody's assignments, but is smart and alert enough to make line calls. With that upper body power, field vision and lack of hip snap and change of direction agility, he might be a better fit for center than guard at the pro level.

Spitz has enough functional quickness for the short pull, but his feet die when having to run long distances. He gets his base too narrow and takes poor angles in second level pursuit. He has the strength to drive defenders back, but bends more at the waist and struggles to redirect.

When he gets high in his stance, he will fall off his blocks. Spitz is more of a fist fighter who works better in a phone booth, as he struggles to break down in space, getting off-balance and overextending in attempts to neutralize linebackers. He can really pop defenders with his hand punch, but lacks the slide agility to get back quickly in pass protection.

Spitz just looks too stiff and slow the further he gets from the line of scrimmage to be effective on pulls and traps. He is very combative and will shock a defender with his hand punch. But he lacks the lateral agility and feet to move down the line and is best served anchoring at the point of attack. A team can get more production out of this late round project at center than they will at guard

CyclonePackFan
JASON SPITZ OG

I'm gonna call TT the Dam Repairer. The holes are filling up!

Green Bay needs:

OL - Colledge, Spitz
LB - Hawk, Hodge
DE -
WR - Jennings

Still need depth at DE, another WR or two, probably a DB and an RB

Homer Jay
Close. Randy Wright.

Anti-Polar Bear

Dunno much about Hodge. Heard of Greenway, but not sure about Hodge. Isnt he a FB turned LB or something?

Bretsky
04-29-2006, 07:50 PM

Who was the QB in the 80's we got from Wisconsin that sucked? Randy White?

Randy Wright, and he was going to be an OK backup til he tore his knee apart in the Bears game.

Then we passed on Al Toon, Troy Vincent, Chris Chambers....ok I'll stop now

Anti-Polar Bear
04-29-2006, 07:51 PM

Actually, Tank is wrong so much I'd be nervous if he liked our picks.

I'd like a pick if the polar bear draft the player i like. Sometimes i dont think Thompson knows what hes doing.

Bretsky

Dunno much about Hodge. Heard of Greenway, but not sure about Hodge. Isnt he a FB turned LB or something?

No I'm pretty sure he was a 4 year Hawkeye starter. Incredible production, student of the game. A Kampman type attitude and work ethic at LB

Merlin
I still think we need to get Bernstien. He would fit right in after Henderson retires. I really like seeing Henderson in ESPN too.

Homer Jay
04-29-2006, 07:52 PM
I think by sometime Tuesday ESPN will get around to interviewing somebody from Green Bay.

Merlin
04-29-2006, 07:53 PM
The Packer's are funny that way. If you look over the years they are kind of discrete during the draft. TT is REALLY a mums the word kind of guy. Never would have thought he would have taken a 2nd for Walker.

CyclonePackFan
04-29-2006, 07:53 PM

No I'm pretty sure he was a 4 year Hawkeye starter. Incredible production, student of the game. A Kampman type attitude and work ethic at LB

As much as I hate Iowa, Ferentz produces some good LBs and his players always seem to have great work ethic. Hodge should be fine, might need a year to develop as a backup

Fritz
04-29-2006, 07:55 PM
Don't we need a tight end? anybody know anything about who's left? I was hoping we'd draft the Pope, but he was chosen a few picks before, so Spitz is fine. If nothing else we've got numbers. Between Whitticker, Coston, Wells, White, Colledge and Spitz there have got to be two NFL guards and a center. Law of averages. And they range from a second to a seventh round pick.

Next pick...#93. Then another tomorrow at 104.

packrulz
How about DE Victor Adeyanju

Joemailman

Actually, Hodge had more tackles than Greenway.

RashanGary
04-29-2006, 07:56 PM
Favre has some pull that is for sure...Two Day 1 Gaurd = Favre is god in GB

Fritz
04-29-2006, 07:57 PM
Man, this is where the professionals take over. Everybody duked it out on Packer forums everywhere for months - who to take with that first round pick? But successful NFL teams come from GM's who know their business just as much or more in the middle and later rounds. And I trust TT on that. Much more than I trusted Shermy. Much more.

packrulz
04-29-2006, 07:57 PM
Favre has some pull that is for sure...Two Day 1 Gaurd = Favre is god in GB

& a WR

Murphy37
04-29-2006, 07:58 PM
I'm back brothas. I like the picks of LB and OG while I was gone. I wouldn't mind seeing one more WR in the near future. If I keep drinking, I'm gonna be seeing double soon. I think that means I wouldn't mind seeing two more WR's? Are they twins?

RashanGary
Thanks for clarifying that :)

Homer Jay
I kinda like Dominique Byrd from USC for a tight end.

RashanGary
04-29-2006, 07:59 PM
Did they say where Hodge is gonna play?

mngolf19
04-29-2006, 08:00 PM
To be honest with you, I like the Packers draft and the Vikes draft. And even agree with the Bears picks in their limited draft so far. Lions are the only ones blowing it. See an opportunity for the North to improve greatly this year.

Homer Jay
Nobody on ESPN has had time to talk about any Green Bay picks.

CyclonePackFan

Everything I've heard says Hodge is too small for the MLB spot in the NFL. He'll probably take Paris Lenon's spot as backup OLB for a while.

Bretsky
04-29-2006, 08:01 PM
Don't we need a tight end? anybody know anything about who's left? I was hoping we'd draft the Pope, but he was chosen a few picks before, so Spitz is fine. If nothing else we've got numbers. Between Whitticker, Coston, Wells, White, Colledge and Spitz there have got to be two NFL guards and a center. Law of averages. And they range from a second to a seventh round pick.

Next pick...#93. Then another tomorrow at 104.

FRITZ,

You know before the draft I noted it was pipe dreams to think we had starters between the guys we seemed to be couting on. Based on TT's trade downs and picks I think he probably agreed. He picked two guys that have more talent than the guys we were depending on to start for us this year; should be interesting to see how the numbers shake out.

Bretsky
04-29-2006, 08:02 PM

Everything I've heard says Hodge is too small for the MLB spot in the NFL. He'll probably take Paris Lenon's spot as backup OLB for a while.

We have Barnett and Hawk as legit NFL starters; I wouldn't be at all surprised if Hodge beats out Ben Taylor/Robert Thomas.

Anti-Polar Bear
04-29-2006, 08:03 PM
Man, this is where the professionals take over. Everybody duked it out on Packer forums everywhere for months - who to take with that first round pick? But successful NFL teams come from GM's who know their business just as much or more in the middle and later rounds. And I trust TT on that. Much more than I trusted Shermy. Much more.

I trusted Sherman more than I trust Thompson. Sherman always knew what he was doing; he went after what he wants. Thompson likes to sit back and wait for players to come to him. If Thompson is really straight, no wonder he is single; still waiting for the wind to blow a chick to him.

Oh, one more thing, i trusted Sherman more because he was a winner.

RashanGary
04-29-2006, 08:03 PM
I think Thompson may have reached for a few picks.....It seems like he grabbed for needs on a few of those.

Fritz
04-29-2006, 08:04 PM
The mantra is always that competition is good. And there will be competition. I wonder if Whitticker could go from starter to homeless guy?

Rastak
04-29-2006, 08:04 PM
I gotta bail for a while.....good luck on the picks....I sure hope that QB the Vikes grabbed is worth trading up for....Yikes!

I know how you guys felt last year.....

RashanGary
04-29-2006, 08:06 PM
I like that OT...He looks like a stud

Scott Campbell
04-29-2006, 08:06 PM
WR Driver wants to stay in Green Bay

MILWAUKEE (April 29, 2006) -- Green Bay Packers wide receiver Donald Driver said he will be at the team's minicamp next week and is not planning any contract holdout.

In his first public comments since an ESPN report April 27that he had asked the team to restructure his contract or trade him, Driver said he had never made those statements and intended to fully honor his contract.

"I want to be a Green Bay Packer," Driver said at a charity pool tournament in Milwaukee. "I never said anything. I'm showing up for practice. Whoever said that story, they don't know anything because they never talked to me."

Driver also said he has had discussions with the Packers about a contract extension. He has two years remaining on his contract, which pays him a base salary of $1.36 million next season and $1.84 million in 2007.

The Packers open their first minicamp under new coach Mike McCarthy on May 5.

"I've never been sad in Green Bay," he said. "The media writes what they want to write. That is just part of the game. You will see me at practice on Friday."

Driver said there was no timeline on completing his contract extension and he intended to play at least the next two seasons in Green Bay.

Fosco33
04-29-2006, 08:07 PM
Williams to SF :mad:

Bretsky
04-29-2006, 08:08 PM
ANOTHER PROFANITY BASED TIRADE JUST WENT SCREAMING FROM MY MOUTH.

BRANDON WILLIAMS IS GONE

Anti-Polar Bear
Williams to SF :mad:

fuck. dammit thompson, you suck!

Murphy37
Williams gone! That's crap. We never take any Godamn Badgers. This better not come back to be a kick in the scotum.

pacfan
04-29-2006, 08:09 PM
I'm impressed with TT in this draft. We have a stud LB, another ILB for depth and competition, two more OL for depth at G/C and a WR. We still have one more pick left on the first day.

Day Two we have 1 4th, 2 5ths, and a 7th.

Much needed depth for a team that needed it. I wish we would have picked up Calhoun. We need a DL, another WR, maybe a S or another CB. So long Javon it was nice knowin' ya.

Fosco33
04-29-2006, 08:10 PM
OT - Bucks up by 8 around half on ESPN.

Anti-Polar Bear
04-29-2006, 08:12 PM
I think Jonathan Orr might still be available at 93. He is just as good as Williams, if not better; not all around, but as a receiver. I think thompson need to look at Orr now.

Bretsky
04-29-2006, 08:13 PM
There are still some very good WR's left. Might be good idea to go with one of those.

RashanGary
04-29-2006, 08:15 PM
Sherman would have traded up twice adn got 4 picks...

We have 6 on day 1 and a few more tomorrow.

Murphy37
04-29-2006, 08:15 PM
Orr stepped up a bit in his senior season. He seemed to drop a lot of passes prior to that. Anyone know his specs speed and size wise? Williams was more of a big play guy, but I'd be happy with Orr.

No Mo Moss
04-29-2006, 08:16 PM
Just got back and Wow, Hodge is a dream third rd pick. I heard robert smith say on ESPN radio that he thought the Pack are having the best draft.

Calhoun to Lions is a pain in my ass that's for sure.

Is Derek Hagan still around and Byrd the TE from USC because those would be some sick picks this late in the draft.

Bretsky
04-29-2006, 08:18 PM
Just got back and Wow, Hodge is a dream third rd pick. I heard robert smith say on ESPN radio that he thought the Pack are having the best draft.

Calhoun to Lions is a pain in my ass that's for sure.

Is Derek Hagan still around and Byrd the TE from USC because those would be some sick picks this late in the draft.

Hagan is gone; I think Byrd is still there.

I could actually go for one more trade down by TT; maybe he can drop in the third and pick up a 4th and regroup tonight ?

Fosco33
04-29-2006, 08:18 PM
Nice interview with Hawk on NFL Network. I love this pick!

Bretsky
04-29-2006, 08:19 PM
Orr stepped up a bit in his senior season. He seemed to drop a lot of passes prior to that. Anyone know his specs speed and size wise? Williams was more of a big play guy, but I'd be happy with Orr.

He's bigger than Williams and he's much faster. But he doensn't run nearly as good as patterns and he's not as consistent. I'm not convinced Orr will be that good in the NFL.

Murphy37
04-29-2006, 08:19 PM

What were the highlights?

No Mo Moss
04-29-2006, 08:22 PM
I wish I had the NFL network. F*ck you time warner cable.

outflow
04-29-2006, 08:23 PM

The reason he has the long hair is because of Pat Tillman.

He said he loves the town already. He was sitting in the locker room.

No Mo Moss
04-29-2006, 08:25 PM

When is the press conference.

Murphy37
04-29-2006, 08:25 PM

That's it, I'm growin my hair out.

Murphy37
04-29-2006, 08:27 PM
AJ's on espn right now

Anti-Polar Bear

I read about that once on USA Today. Carpenter also has long hair for the same reason.

CyclonePackFan
I'd really love to see Stovall, Haas, or Chris Kuper

FINALLY THEY'RE INTERVIEWING HAWK

No Mo Moss

When is the press conference.

Oh I see he's doinf one live that will be broadcast online at 8:45.

Bretsky
04-29-2006, 08:28 PM

I was miscounting the WR's.

They have Driver, Jennings, Boerighter, Gardner, and Ferguson.

TT might think he's OK there.

Fosco33
04-29-2006, 08:30 PM
Stovall is gone to TB.

Bretsky

MAURICE STOVALL IS OFF THE BOARD

outflow
bye bye Stovall
Might be a couple of tears shed.

Anti-Polar Bear
Oh I see he's doinf one live that will be broadcast online at 8:45.

what is the web site?

outflow
04-29-2006, 08:33 PM
Mark Schlereth or however you spell it is a tremendously large dingleberry.

MadtownPacker
04-29-2006, 08:34 PM
Just saw the Hawk and he appears to be an excellent person. He shows alot of pride for the team he finished played for and the one he's gonna play for next. This is a great draft so far!

pacfan
04-29-2006, 08:34 PM

No kidding, what a poor example of stiff hips in the history of broadcasting.

CyclonePackFan
04-29-2006, 08:36 PM
oooohhhhh...Ko Simpson might be a good pick here...

Homer Jay
04-29-2006, 08:37 PM
Schlereth hates anything not involving the Denver Broncos. I'm sure if you asked him about Walker he'd say that he will be this years MVP.

CyclonePackFan
04-29-2006, 08:37 PM
On the clock for the last time today..

MadtownPacker
04-29-2006, 08:38 PM

No kidding, what a poor example of stiff hips in the history of broadcasting.

I really enjoyed where he said "yeah he make the tackle but its for a first down". Stink needs to get his head checked. He has always hated on the Pack.

CyclonePackFan
04-29-2006, 08:39 PM
aaaaaand we traded it...

Fosco33
04-29-2006, 08:39 PM
Trade with STL

outflow
04-29-2006, 08:40 PM
Oh my god, this bit on the past Jets drafts has me crying.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Murphy37
04-29-2006, 08:41 PM
What did we trade for this time, small pox blankets and fire water? (I can get away with that comment, I'm part chippewa)

imscott72
04-29-2006, 08:41 PM
What did we get for trading this pick?

Bretsky
04-29-2006, 08:42 PM
Oh my god, this bit on the past Jets drafts has me crying.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I WOULD HAVE LIKED DOMINIQUE BYRD, BUT IF TT DIDN'T IT WAS A GOOD TIME TO TRADE DOWN FOR ANOTHER PICK AND REGROUP.

Fosco33
04-29-2006, 08:42 PM
JSO is down on draft day. LMAO!

Back up. Odd.

Bretsky
04-29-2006, 08:43 PM
What did we get for trading this pick?

I'd bet it's a 4th and a 5th. I would have liked to select Byrd. TT must be happy with our Tight Ends.

Anti-Polar Bear
04-29-2006, 08:43 PM
wtf? now im gonna have to starting calling thompson "trade down" polar bear.

pacfan
04-29-2006, 08:44 PM
I guess we'll have to wait until tomorrow to find out what TT traded the other 3rd for.

Bucks are kicking piston ass right now.

Brew crew big over the cubbies.

A good day for Wisconsin.

Fosco33
We got 109 and 183 for 93.

Murphy37
I'm out for the day kids. The draft looks good on paper thus far, time will tell. Time for beers and the Bucks game. Nighty Nite

imscott72
04-29-2006, 08:45 PM
OT. Bucks destroying the Pistons!!!! Up by 21!!!

CyclonePackFan
Rams get: #93 overall
Packers get: #109 and #183

Value chart analysis:

93: 128 pts
109 + 183 = 76 +19.2 = 95.2 pts

Came out on the short end of this one...TT must have a couple people in mind he thinks will be there early tomorrow.

outflow
I'm going to see if I can get the video of the Hawk press conf.

imscott72
04-29-2006, 08:46 PM

This is TT's history. He builds thru the draft. It works, ask the Steelers..

CyclonePackFan
OT. Bucks destroying the Pistons!!!! Up by 21!!!

Thank God they didn't get swept...

imscott72

Where's it at?

pacfan
04-29-2006, 08:47 PM

Where's it at?

Milwaukee.

pacfan
04-29-2006, 08:49 PM
are teams allowed to trade compensatory picks?

retailguy
04-29-2006, 08:49 PM
are teams allowed to trade compensatory picks?

NO.

Anti-Polar Bear
04-29-2006, 08:50 PM

This is TT's history. He builds thru the draft. It works, ask the Steelers..

The Steelers got lucky. They arent good. The were lucky. Sometimes luck is enough, but i doubt luck is on the Pack's side.

Its better to be good than lucky. Im serious. If you have a good team, you win multiply champions like the cowboys of the 90s. If youre lucky, you are a one hit wonder, and nothing more.

Most of the time, good players dont last pass the 3rd rd.

imscott72
04-29-2006, 08:51 PM
Damn, Realplayer sucks. I've got video but no sound..

packrulz
04-29-2006, 08:52 PM
So TT has 2 4ths, 2 5ths, a 6th, & a 7th. I hope he can get a DE & TE tomorrow & some special teamers.

MadtownPacker
04-29-2006, 08:54 PM
So TT has 2 4ths, 2 5ths, a 6th, & a 7th. I hope he can get a DE & TE tomorrow & some special teamers.

Damn how many total for 2006? Aww just wait until tomorrow cuz the number is likely gonna go up.

packrulz
04-29-2006, 08:56 PM

Damn how many total for 2006? Aww just wait until tomorrow cuz the number is likely gonna go up.

11?

MJZiggy
04-29-2006, 09:07 PM
I'm back what'd I miss?

Just kidding. Hawk!! Awesome! Great front page. Everything looks great.

pacfan
04-29-2006, 09:14 PM
John Clayton writes that the Pack are draft day losers because of the trade for Javon Walker. He also said the second picks were projects that do nothing for Brett in the next year.

This guy is full of shit. We started out with three picks and a disgruntled WR that would NOT play for the Pack this year. By the end of the day, Javon is gone and we have a stud LB, another ILB, two OL built for the zone blocking scheme and a big WR that can go over the middle.

We have 5 picks tomorrow to fill out the special teams and find some depth for WR, DL, and maybe a kicker.

I think is Clayton is the grown-up version of Tank.

Anti-Polar Bear
04-29-2006, 09:31 PM
John Clayton writes that the Pack are draft day losers because of the trade for Javon Walker. He also said the second picks were projects that do nothing for Brett in the next year.

This guy is full of shit. We started out with three picks and a disgruntled WR that would NOT play for the Pack this year. By the end of the day, Javon is gone and we have a stud LB, another ILB, two OL built for the zone blocking scheme and a big WR that can go over the middle.

We have 5 picks tomorrow to fill out the special teams and find some depth for WR, DL, and maybe a kicker.

I think is Clayton is the grown-up version of Tank.

I agree with Clayton. Thompson acted perhaps out of desperation and traded Walker for something below value. Recall how Mike Sherman received a 2nd rounder for McKenzie, who was drafted in the 3rd rd and never has made the Pro Bowl. Walker may be coming off the injured reserve list but he's a Pro Bowler, and the good GM would’ve gotten more for him; like a 4th rounder to go along with the 2nd, or just take Lelie. Packers are thin at WR and Lelie would be an instant starter.

potsdam_11
04-29-2006, 09:34 PM
Always the great mystery, it seems. Clayton is just another putz with a keyboard, outside the first 10-15 picks the odds on any draftee making an impact slip off considerably. Moreover, the odds that any of the pundits know what the hell they are talking about, falls off even faster.

It's a crapshoot, you might find a Tauscher or Rivera, ... but probably not. TT seems to be covering the odds with quantity, which should improve the chances of GB landing some of that supposed "sleeper" talent, which lurks in the later rounds of every draft. So far, I believe it's premature to even suggest a grade, but then guys like Clayton make lots of money saying stupid things.. Nobody really gets hurt when they are wrong, so why should they stop ? Right Tank.?. :smile:

I'm not disapointed with the picks so far, they address needs that many of the experts have been screaming about for months.. So we shall see what tomorrow brings..

RashanGary
04-29-2006, 09:43 PM
I think Thompson is very thorough. He believes that he can get equal talent later. His strong suite as a GM is supposed to be his ability to scout talent. I hope it holds true.

MJZiggy
04-29-2006, 10:49 PM
Did anyone else notice that at one point this afternoon we had 73 users on? That is AMAZING!!!

Fosco33
04-29-2006, 10:57 PM
At the beginning of today, I wouldn't imagine that on 9/24/06 Hawk would be tackling Calhoun (Lions Home Game).

RashanGary
SWEET

RashanGary
How do I get my rat name to say something other than starter rat?

Fosco33
04-29-2006, 11:02 PM
How do I get my rat name to say something other than starter rat?

I think you have to ask Pepe.

And, at what level do you get a custom name? At some point, I'd like one - I could be Packer Hawk as I've called that pick (along w/ everyone else) since the beginning. I created a player in Madden 06 PS2 with his criteria and he ended up at the Packers in his third year - he's a stud ROLB. Or someone could just make one up for each person.