PDA

View Full Version : OFFICIAL THREAD about "NOTHING"

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

Tyrone Bigguns
05-31-2009, 11:23 PM
Bretsky's dream has finally come true. On match.com, a woman just winked at me. A straight woman...???!?!?! wtf?

Have you ever met anyone from those online dating things? I think I'd be too chicken....paranoid to meet someone that way.

My friend, Jen, met a guy thru match....golfing buddies to start as he was new in town. Couple of weeks later he was interested in more.

Couple of months later they were engaged.

Happily married.

Harlan Huckleby
05-31-2009, 11:52 PM
Bretsky's dream has finally come true. On match.com, a woman just winked at me. A straight woman...???!?!?! wtf?

Have you ever met anyone from those online dating things? I think I'd be too chicken....paranoid to meet someone that way.

The best dating site on the internet is right here at packerrats.com

if you don't find a nice man here, you aren't trying. Or maybe you are one of those fussy types who won't date a married man.

Scott Campbell
06-01-2009, 10:00 AM
Or maybe you are one of those fussy types who won't date a married man.

Some of my wives were like that at first.

GrnBay007
06-05-2009, 04:25 PM
June is always a rough month. Got all these projects you want to do around the house now that the weather is nice and try to squeeze them in on weekends, but yet get invited to all these graduation parties and stuff. This weekend a family cookout, two baseball games and two graduation parties.....and any spare time spent at work because I have a huge report due on Wed. next week and this week I was swamped...it was one of those weeks where you ended up further behind on Friday then you were on Monday. ugh! :? Remember back when you were a kid and summers were full of fun and laziness? lol

Brando19
06-05-2009, 09:49 PM
Wife and I are just settling down in our new home. Kinda hectic, but we're getting there. I HATE CURTAINS! They're so expensive and I hate hanging them.

MJZiggy
06-06-2009, 11:56 AM
Wife and I are just settling down in our new home. Kinda hectic, but we're getting there. I HATE CURTAINS! They're so expensive and I hate hanging them.

Try making them once...

I did the Race for the Cure this morning. Fun stuff but I was up and out earlier than normal. You'd think the metro system would have figured out how to do this by now, but they schedule track maintenance and then run 6 car trains on the day of the biggest race of the year. WTF?

Fritz
06-06-2009, 12:07 PM
I was out at the Relay for Life last weekend. It had been a few years since I'd gone; it was good to get back to it.

As for the dating sites, I tried one. It works pretty well - I dated someone for eight months, but it's over now. Still, she was/is a very nice person. The whole thing, though, takes a lot of time. It's like having a second job.

Still, it's kinda cool to see/meet people you know are interested. It's like - and this sounds awful, I know - shopping for a mate. Cept you don't of course buy them...they have other sites for that sort of thing.

Which leads to a question. Guys in the States can apparently buy a bride from Russia or the Phillipines or wherever. Can a woman buy a husband that way, too?

MJZiggy
06-06-2009, 12:21 PM
I don't know of anywhere to buy a husband, unless you count the daylaborer areas over by the Home Depot...

Tyrone Bigguns
06-06-2009, 12:50 PM

And you wonder why i make comments on your posts. :oops:

Scott Campbell
06-06-2009, 01:16 PM
Wife and I are just settling down in our new home.

Congrats Brando. First home?

Bretsky
06-06-2009, 02:33 PM
Would it be bad to say I'm liking people less every day ?

Bretsky
06-06-2009, 02:35 PM
I don't know of anywhere to buy a husband, unless you count the daylaborer areas over by the Home Depot...

on TV they always had mail order Russian/Swedish Maids. I'd like to buy one of those.

We have a very big house that seems next to impossible to keep clean; if the maid is good I think my wife might even go for it. She even said the high mini skirt was just fine :!: :lol:

Bretsky
06-06-2009, 02:37 PM
I was out at the Relay for Life last weekend. It had been a few years since I'd gone; it was good to get back to it.

As for the dating sites, I tried one. It works pretty well - I dated someone for eight months, but it's over now. Still, she was/is a very nice person. The whole thing, though, takes a lot of time. It's like having a second job.

Still, it's kinda cool to see/meet people you know are interested. It's like - and this sounds awful, I know - shopping for a mate. Cept you don't of course buy them...they have other sites for that sort of thing.

Which leads to a question. Guys in the States can apparently buy a bride from Russia or the Phillipines or wherever. Can a woman buy a husband that way, too?

RELAY FOR LIFE; GREAT CAUSE

Don't we all buy wives along the process ? One might even argue the purchase process is infinite :lol:

GrnBay007
06-06-2009, 02:56 PM
RELAY FOR LIFE; GREAT CAUSE

:tup:

Don't we all buy wives along the process ?

:butt:

As I've become more independent, I've always thought the best spouse would be someone like a Packer coach. They work longggg hours so you can do your own thing with no hassle but yet they would be around when you "need" them. :twisted:

The free Packer tickets would be an extra nice bonus!

.....and if anyone mentions Ted Thompson is free-----> :butt: :evil:

Scott Campbell
06-06-2009, 03:20 PM

Best investment I've ever made.

Bretsky
06-06-2009, 06:22 PM

Best investment I've ever made.

Were all seven of them good investments ?

Just wondering if you wanted to return one of the hottest ones ? :lol:

MJZiggy
06-06-2009, 06:32 PM
From all I've heard and seen, you need to keep the one you've got, honey. :tup:

Administrator
06-06-2009, 06:47 PM

Congrats on the new home!

Bretsky
06-06-2009, 06:53 PM

Congrats on the new home!

Yes, CONGRATS.

That is awesome !!!

Little Whiskey
06-06-2009, 07:05 PM

now go buy a new car. detroit made.

Tyrone Bigguns
06-06-2009, 07:27 PM

Congrats Brando. First mobile home?

fixed

Bretsky
06-06-2009, 07:34 PM

fixed

Trying to be an asshole to Brando ?

If HH is the pot stirring rat, you might be the pot shot rat

Administrator
06-06-2009, 07:38 PM

fixed

Don't do this again. No reason for that.

Brando19
06-06-2009, 09:27 PM
I've had it with Ty's bullshit posts. Grow up.

Thanks Scott, Bretsky and Admin. Yes it's my first home. I was renting an apartment for a while, but was just approved for a loan to purchase my first home. That's why I haven't been posting much lately. Hopefully things will get back to normal soon.

Bretsky
06-07-2009, 10:46 AM

Thanks Scott, Bretsky and Admin. Yes it's my first home. I was renting an apartment for a while, but was just approved for a loan to purchase my first home. That's why I haven't been posting much lately. Hopefully things will get back to normal soon.

ILLEGAL; you cannot announce your departure in a thread about nothing :!:

Congrats again on the home

Bretsky
06-07-2009, 10:47 AM
I have to do some work today

My job has resulted in going from an optimist to a realistic pessimist

Once saw everything as glass half full and now I'm a bit gun shy

retailguy
06-07-2009, 01:18 PM

Congrats on the house! Getting a new house is cool in any environment!

I'm thrilled for you and your wife! enjoy.

You can't leave! Somebody has to update us on the WV Mountaineers!

Harlan Huckleby
06-07-2009, 01:49 PM

fixed

Don't do this again. No reason for that.

No reason for what?

Its just a stupid joke, hundreds of which are made here daily, and this one just happened to cross some particular sensibility you have.

I HATE censorship and threats of censorship.

In another thread, Scott Campbell refered to me as a homo, and the worst kind of homo. I sobbed for 45 minutes. Where was the censor to protect my feelings from this angry personal attack?

I friggin hate censorship - did I mention that? Ty got called-out here because the Admin doesn't like him. Or perhaps he messed with a cherished value of home-ownership.

In another thread, a threat is made to kill critisism of monitors, because they are volunteers and therefore a protected class.

What the fuck!? Are people here really so sheepish to accept such a rule?

I hate censorship. It always leads to favoritism, and unless there are very clear guidelines, it just reflects the emotions and opinions of the person doing the censoring.

Packerrats was unusual because it tolerated a wide range of personalities and senibilities. Now it is on the path to a bland, typical sports forum. Which I understand is fine with most people, but I find a bit lame. Unless somebody is tearing things up, leave um alone.

Administrator
06-07-2009, 02:06 PM
No reason for what?

Its just a stupid joke, hundreds of which are made here daily, and this one just happened to cross some particular sensibility you have.

In another thread, Scott Campbell refered to me as a homo, and the worst kind of homo. I sobbed for 45 minutes. Where was the censor to protect my feelings from this angry personal attack?

I friggin hate censorship - did I mention that? Ty got called-out here because the Admin doesn't like him. Or perhaps he messed with a cherished value of home-ownership.

In another thread, a threat is made to kill critisism of monitors, because they are volunteers and therefore a protected class.

I hate censorship. It always leads to favoritism, and unless there are very clear guidelines, it just reflects the emotions and opinions of the person doing the censoring.

Packerrats was unusual because it tolerated a wide range of personalities and senibilities. Now it is on the path to a bland, typical sports forum. Which I understand is fine with most people, but I find a bit lame.

Harlan, stupid jokes are fine, if both parties are ok with the joke. In this case, they aren't. Brando has repeatedly asked Ty to stop and he's refused. That's not a joke. This is a continuation of a long standing feud. I thought it ended about 3 weeks ago, but, no, we had to see one more potshot. (that in itself is very disappointing). If the only reason you are here is to "insult" other people you don't know, please leave. You are not welcome here.

We can tolerate every kind of personality. It isn't about that, and it is dirty pool to make that accusation. I don't see anyone stifling opinions or debate. But calling other people names, and harassing them after they've been asked to stop? Uncalled for - exactly as I called it.

If you see that as lame, that's ok by me, but in my world, you're wrong. In this case what Ty did was lame. No other way I'm interested in looking at it.

Brando19
06-07-2009, 02:33 PM

Congrats on the house! Getting a new house is cool in any environment!

I'm thrilled for you and your wife! enjoy.

You can't leave! Somebody has to update us on the WV Mountaineers!

Thanks RG! We're very excited. I'm not leaving...I've just been real busy here lately and I'll hopefully be able to get on here more once everything gets settled down. The Mountaineers aren't going to be as good as last year....Pat White is now a Miami Dolphin. Noel Devine is a name to remember though...going to be the next Devin Hester in the NFL.

Partial
06-07-2009, 02:44 PM
Noel Devine is a guy I've had my eye on since before his Freshman year. Guy is a stud!, but I know he's had some problems off-the-field. Hopefully he keeps it together and goes on to have a great last two years, because he'll be a #1 or #2 pick if he keeps his head clean.

Harlan Huckleby
06-07-2009, 02:45 PM
Brando has repeatedly asked Ty to stop and he's refused. That's not a joke.

IF that's the case, I agree, sorry for jumping on your ass.

IF somebody says they aren't interested in the back-and-forth anymore, the other person should leave them alone.

Joemailman
06-07-2009, 02:52 PM
Noel Devine is a guy I've had my eye on since before his Freshman year. Guy is a stud!,

Can't believe you would just dump Skinbasket like that.

Scott Campbell
06-07-2009, 03:40 PM
Scott Campbell refered to me as a homo, and the worst kind of homo.

.......sorry for jumping on your ass.

I'm trying harder to not be so judgmental.

falco
06-07-2009, 06:07 PM
sucks to be bretsky right now, that's for sure.

Administrator
06-07-2009, 07:00 PM
Brando has repeatedly asked Ty to stop and he's refused. That's not a joke.

IF that's the case, I agree, sorry for jumping on your ass.

IF somebody says they aren't interested in the back-and-forth anymore, the other person should leave them alone.

Thanks for this Harlan. I appreciate it. Had I known you didn't read about their little feud, I wouldn't have jumped on you either.

Not hard feelings! Know I'm trying damn hard to be fair (as fruitless an exercise as that might be).... :wink:

Deputy Nutz
06-07-2009, 07:45 PM
Noel Devine is a guy I've had my eye on since before his Freshman year. Guy is a stud!, but I know he's had some problems off-the-field. Hopefully he keeps it together and goes on to have a great last two years, because he'll be a #1 or #2 pick if he keeps his head clean.

He is a bit small.

Partial
06-07-2009, 07:46 PM

He is a bit small.

Agreed. He is a little guy.

Brando19
06-07-2009, 08:09 PM

He is a bit small.

Agreed. He is a little guy.

He is a little guy. I don't know if he'll be a starting RB in the NFL...but he's so fast he's sure to be a great return man. When he was backing up Slaton at WVU year before last, he was averaging 14 yards a carry for a while! He works out every summer with Deion Sanders (says he practically raised him.) I believe he'll be a round 1 pick, like Partial said.

Deputy Nutz
06-07-2009, 08:19 PM
he is listed at 5-8 175 pounds and is a back in the veer offense, sure he is fast, but unless he puts on about 25 pounds of muscle he won't be a first round pick.

Barry Sanders was a squat 5-7 he had huge thighs and legs, and he ran with a style that has never been matched. He wasn't afraid of lowering the shoulder and gaining the tough yards either. I just hate it when guys compare small backs to Barry Sanders.

Reggie Bush, aint no Barry Sanders.

Barry Sanders was a freak

Brando19
06-07-2009, 08:20 PM
I sure hope the Magic can come back and beat the Lakers in this series. I'm a Cavs fan (LeBron fan actually) and I can't stand the Lakers...so I'd rather see the Magic win em a championship.

Brando19
06-07-2009, 08:21 PM
he is listed at 5-8 175 pounds and is a back in the veer offense, sure he is fast, but unless he puts on about 25 pounds of muscle he won't be a first round pick.

Barry Sanders was a squat 5-7 he had huge thighs and legs, and he ran with a style that has never been matched. He wasn't afraid of lowering the shoulder and gaining the tough yards either. I just hate it when guys compare small backs to Barry Sanders.

Reggie Bush, aint no Barry Sanders.

Barry Sanders was a freak

Agreed, Barry Sanders is a once in a lifetime player. Anyone that can make a name for themselves on the Detroit Lions is unreal.

Tyrone Bigguns
06-07-2009, 11:37 PM
No reason for what?

Packerrats was unusual because it tolerated a wide range of personalities and senibilities. Now it is on the path to a bland, typical sports forum. Which I understand is fine with most people, but I find a bit lame.

Harlan, stupid jokes are fine, if both parties are ok with the joke. In this case, they aren't. Brando has repeatedly asked Ty to stop and he's refused. That's not a joke. This is a continuation of a long standing feud. I thought it ended about 3 weeks ago, but, no, we had to see one more potshot. (that in itself is very disappointing). If the only reason you are here is to "insult" other people you don't know, please leave. You are not welcome here.

We can tolerate every kind of personality. It isn't about that, and it is dirty pool to make that accusation. I don't see anyone stifling opinions or debate. But calling other people names, and harassing them after they've been asked to stop? Uncalled for - exactly as I called it.

If you see that as lame, that's ok by me, but in my world, you're wrong. In this case what Ty did was lame. No other way I'm interested in looking at it.

Potshot? How so? Are you suggesting that those in mobile homes are lesser? I certainly didn't say that in my post.

But, as i earlier posted, you still have no answer to my questions. I have been called gay, transgendered, etc....repeatedly by Kiwon..yet i see no admonishment. Where is the justice?

Partial
06-07-2009, 11:39 PM
Did you ask him to stop? Also, you certainly were implying something. Don't play innocent.

Tyrone Bigguns
06-08-2009, 12:05 AM
Did you ask him to stop? Also, you certainly were implying something. Don't play innocent.

Stop? No.

Are you suggesting that people don't purchase mobile homes? Are you suggesting that I would look down upon a mobile home owner? Ty lives in a cardboard box....he dreams of a mobile home.

Deputy Nutz
06-08-2009, 12:14 PM
I buy, sell, and finance mobile homes, I have a nice one for sale, make a deal for ya. PM for all that want to live on the Southside of Milwaukee. Franklin, nice!

SkinBasket
06-08-2009, 12:34 PM
I buy, sell, and finance mobile homes, I have a nice one for sale, make a deal for ya. PM for all that want to live on the Southside of Milwaukee. Franklin, nice!

I was in your neighborhood last night. Over at a place next to the Airport Lounge. The Port of Hamburg. Or the Haus of Hamburg. It wasn't exactly clear. One of the guys I was with worked the doorman at the Lounge down to $10 for 4 of us, but then one guy couldn't go because his wife punched him in his fucking face last time he saw boobies. I was a little disappointed he wasn't willing to make a stand for his dignity. All that walking back and forth between the bar and the boob club was wasted. Our bowling highlights were still playing at Doreens.

Partial
06-08-2009, 12:59 PM

Franklin is growing with lots of mcmansions. People are buying mobile homes out there?

Deputy Nutz
06-08-2009, 01:06 PM

I was in your neighborhood last night. Over at a place next to the Airport Lounge. The Port of Hamburg. Or the Haus of Hamburg. It wasn't exactly clear. One of the guys I was with worked the doorman at the Lounge down to $10 for 4 of us, but then one guy couldn't go because his wife punched him in his fucking face last time he saw boobies. I was a little disappointed he wasn't willing to make a stand for his dignity. All that walking back and forth between the bar and the boob club was wasted. Our bowling highlights were still playing at Doreens.

You took somone else to Doreen's?

SkinBasket
06-08-2009, 01:15 PM

You took somone else to Doreen's?

Childhood friends. We were looking for food at 11pm on a Sunday. Doreen's didn't have any. They didn't have any other customers either. Don't get jealous. We'll have to go somewhere to consummate our deal.

Partial
06-08-2009, 02:39 PM
hey Nutzy I'm legitimately intrigued so please answer my question :D

Partial
06-08-2009, 03:22 PM
For those interested, Safari 4 is unbelievably fast and now out of beta. It looks really bad in the Windows UI, though, imo.

Tyrone Bigguns
06-08-2009, 05:05 PM

It is good that you sell them in Wisco, as people in West Virginia are far too good to ever live in them.

Bretsky
06-08-2009, 07:15 PM

Stop? No.

Are you suggesting that people don't purchase mobile homes? Are you suggesting that I would look down upon a mobile home owner? Ty lives in a cardboard box....he dreams of a mobile home.

What were you trying to accomplish by changing "home" to "Mobile" home ?

Was the purpose meant to be complimentary ?

Do you not understand why somebody who you have constantly tassled with in the past would consider that an insult ?

Would you understand why many of us reading that who know how you have tassled with that specific poster would roll our eyes and consider it a potshot ?

At face value, I might think Ty is not smart and lacks sensitity so he made that statement with no bad intentions

But I think Ty is smart

Brando19
06-08-2009, 07:48 PM

It is good that you sell them in Wisco, as people in West Virginia are far too good to ever live in them.

Seriously...quit fucking with someone you know jack shit about. You have no idea about me or my fucking life. You have no idea how bad I've had it and how hard I've worked to get where I'm at. Seriously...fuck off about my home life.

Harlan Huckleby
06-08-2009, 07:52 PM
Brando,

I confess I can't figure Tyrone out on this one, he claims he wasn't being sarcastic before, it seems like he was, but who knows..

But his last comment didn't appear to have anything to do with you.

I'd suggest we all drop the subject. No need to correct the record, that will just lead to more misunderstanding and accusation.

Brando19
06-08-2009, 07:55 PM
Brando,

I confess I can't figure Tyrone out on this one, he claims he wasn't being sarcastic before, it seems like he was, but who knows..

I'd suggest we should all drop the subject. No need to correct the record, that will just lead to more misunderstanding and accusation.

His last comment didn't have anything to do with me? Harlan...I respect you, but how did that not have anything to do with me? You're smarter than that. I'm dropping it.

Harlan Huckleby
06-08-2009, 07:59 PM
You've overestimated my intelligence. :lol:

I see now your location is WV.

back away from the keyboard, Ty.

Brando19
06-08-2009, 08:00 PM

Oh...haha. I was wondering why you would think he wasn't taking a shot at me.

Bretsky
06-08-2009, 08:05 PM
People are trying to make this thread about something

Time to get out the Water Balloon Shooter !

Can I ask for some volunteer gals with while T's to step up to the front so I can try this baby out ??

Brando19
06-08-2009, 08:11 PM

Can I ask for some volunteer gals with while T's to step up to the front so I can try this baby out ??

Oooh oohh oooh....SHOOT YOUR AVATAR!!!!!!!!!

Bretsky
06-08-2009, 08:14 PM

They are left with two options

Keep your top on and it's icewater
Remove the tops and it's oil :lol: :lol:

Brando19
06-08-2009, 08:17 PM

They are left with two options

Keep your top on and it's icewater
Remove the tops and it's oil :lol: :lol:

That's easy! Remove the shirts! Someone needs to invent Xray glasses that can see through clothes. That would be awesome....until you accidentally look at an old granny bent over.

Bretsky
06-08-2009, 08:20 PM
Xray glasses........cool idea.....but I want more

I want an imagination pill.......where I can give a gal any reaction I want by just looking at her and imagining it

Think of how popular I'd be !

Deputy Nutz
06-08-2009, 08:20 PM
Brando,

I'd suggest we all drop the subject. No need to correct the record, that will just lead to more misunderstanding and accusation.

Fuck you I am trying to run a business here.

Brando19
06-08-2009, 08:24 PM
Xray glasses........cool idea.....but I want more

I want an imagination pill.......where I can give a gal any reaction I want by just looking at her and imagining it

Think of how popular I'd be !

Hmmm...do we know where we can get a patent?

Tyrone Bigguns
06-08-2009, 08:40 PM

Seriously...quit fucking with someone you know jack shit about. You have no idea about me or my fucking life. You have no idea how bad I've had it and how hard I've worked to get where I'm at. Seriously...fuck off about my home life.

Excuse me. But, this post wasn't directed at you. You continually prove my point when you can't even recognize who the post is directed at.

Please don't comment on my posts since you don't want me to comment on yours.

Furthermore i love how you play both sides...if i suggest that you might buy a mobile home..i'm insulting you. If i suggest that people from WV are too good for mobile homes....i'm insulting you. :roll:

Tyrone Bigguns
06-08-2009, 08:41 PM

THe post was clearly not directed at Brando. It was directed at someone else.

Or, if i mention WV, negatively or positive, in any post...is that directed at Brando? :oops:

Tyrone Bigguns
06-08-2009, 08:43 PM
Brando,

I know, and i was giving you some advice. As it appears that even the suggestion that WV might consider a mobile home purchase is insulting.

Please confine your sales to the midwest where they love mobile homes..and the inevitable tornado strike.

MJZiggy
06-08-2009, 09:00 PM

Why must they have a machine for even the simplest joys of life? Not that kind of machine, B.

SkinBasket
06-08-2009, 09:15 PM

Did you send Partial the brochures on your latest offerings? He was pretty insistent and you shouldn't let someone's personal views of you stand in the way of making a dollar.

SkinBasket
06-09-2009, 08:09 PM
First party congested ad servers can suck a dead donkey anus.

Zool
06-10-2009, 12:17 AM
God I hate that avatar Skin. Congrats.

Freak Out
06-10-2009, 12:23 AM
God I hate that avatar Skin. Congrats.

No shit...put a penis or vagina back up or something.

SkinBasket
06-10-2009, 10:16 AM
Fine fuckers. Since no one had a problem with my last one...

Freak Out
06-10-2009, 12:48 PM
Fine fuckers. Since no one had a problem with my last one...

That's pretty cool....Jacko actually looks more like a human in that one than he did in the other.

GrnBay007
06-12-2009, 07:10 PM
OK, this "pump me up" CD that my son made to listen to before games is kinda obnoxious. God help my retired neighbors....lol They will be happy when it gets warm enough to use the air condition. :D

SkinBasket
06-12-2009, 08:32 PM
I always pray for my retarded neighbors too.

GrnBay007
06-13-2009, 11:51 AM
Well, the "pump me up" music didn't work. ugh. Poor kid is in a batting slump. Still getting some singles, but not hitting anywhere near last year. Think mom needs a sports psych class to know how to deal with him after the games...lol Crazy how their confidence goes in the shitter after a few of those games.

MJZiggy
06-13-2009, 12:04 PM
Have you talked about the pro players and their slumps? (I think this one calls for specific players and slump-related data, though) Just so he knows he's in good company. Besides, a single is nothing to sneeze at. (odd how I picked that very moment to need to sneeze...)

Bretsky
06-16-2009, 06:23 PM
I want to meet my avatar some day

Tyrone Bigguns
06-16-2009, 06:44 PM
I want to meet my avatar some day

You can do better!

GrnBay007
06-16-2009, 10:16 PM
Have you talked about the pro players and their slumps? (I think this one calls for specific players and slump-related data, though) Just so he knows he's in good company. Besides, a single is nothing to sneeze at. (odd how I picked that very moment to need to sneeze...)

Sure, we started with the talks...lol It was time for his yearly eye exam and we found out his prescription changed quite a bit....so tomorrow he gets his new contact lens. If that doesn't help he wants to meet with one of the college BB coaches that offer 1 on 1 sessions for assistance/tips. It's pretty noticeable ...I've had parents asking me what's going on this year. Kinda funny, one mom even said maybe it has something to do with this growth spurt he had...lol He grew 3 inches from the beginning of the school year to the end.

At this level I guess the coaches aren't so concerned about technique as I wish they'd be. He had a coach 2 years ago that was awesome as far as teaching more than just conducting a practice. He probably learned more about the game that year then he did all the years before combined.

Deputy Nutz
06-17-2009, 12:00 AM
Well, the "pump me up" music didn't work. ugh. Poor kid is in a batting slump. Still getting some singles, but not hitting anywhere near last year. Think mom needs a sports psych class to know how to deal with him after the games...lol Crazy how their confidence goes in the shitter after a few of those games.

Well you said he went to a heavier bat at the coaches suggestion. Probably because he grew 3 inches. This is a big reason why he is seeing a lack of power, probably late with his swing. I am not saying to change his bat weight, but you need to make sure that he doesn't start changing his swing to make up for his lack of power. He should not be taking a longer stride. Hitting comes from the elbows down, and the hips.

He is growing right now, but at these times kids seem to be at their weakest. Muscles seem to be stressed, bones are growing.

Anyways, kids this age are too young to actually go through slumps. I played ball at his age because it was fun, I didn't stress about it, sure I hated it when I had a bad game, but their was always something else to do to take your mind away from it.

Ever hear of a "Slumpbuster"?

Deputy Nutz
06-17-2009, 12:05 AM

Sure, we started with the talks...lol It was time for his yearly eye exam and we found out his prescription changed quite a bit....so tomorrow he gets his new contact lens. If that doesn't help he wants to meet with one of the college BB coaches that offer 1 on 1 sessions for assistance/tips. It's pretty noticeable ...I've had parents asking me what's going on this year. Kinda funny, one mom even said maybe it has something to do with this growth spurt he had...lol He grew 3 inches from the beginning of the school year to the end.

At this level I guess the coaches aren't so concerned about technique as I wish they'd be. He had a coach 2 years ago that was awesome as far as teaching more than just conducting a practice. He probably learned more about the game that year then he did all the years before combined.

Eyes are key, gotta have them to hit.

Anyways my nephew is on a U-11 team. they have like one practice a week and then have a short practice before games. This is ridiculous, sure they play 3 or 4 times a week but the fundamentals are just plain lacking. It is pretty sad actually. No bunting, no team chemistry on the field, guys are not in the right spot, poor positioning, that sort of things. Coaching isn't real good either.

GrnBay007
06-17-2009, 12:49 AM
Well you said he went to a heavier bat at the coaches suggestion. Probably because he grew 3 inches. This is a big reason why he is seeing a lack of power, probably late with his swing. I am not saying to change his bat weight, but you need to make sure that he doesn't start changing his swing to make up for his lack of power. He should not be taking a longer stride. Hitting comes from the elbows down, and the hips.

Well, the coach that suggested it was his coach from last season's all star team...not his current coach. And it's funny you mentioned late in his swing because a dad mentioned tonight he was early in his swing. Because he overheard that, he's now wondering if it's not because of the heavier bat and swinging early to overcompensate. I don't see a longer stride. In fact I've wondered if it's not too short. That's one of the reason's I'd like a different coach to take a look at him. Lord knows I don't know what the heck I'm talking about but I absolutely do know there is a big difference from his batting the last two years compared to this year. With all the cutting they do in HS starting out in Freshman year, I just want to get this thing solved now.
I don't know, he's hitting pretty good in the batting cage with the heavier bat.

He is growing right now, but at these times kids seem to be at their weakest. Muscles seem to be stressed, bones are growing.
So there might me some truth to what that mom was suggesting tonight? You've seen this type of thing?

Anyways, kids this age are too young to actually go through slumps. I played ball at his age because it was fun, I didn't stress about it, sure I hated it when I had a bad game, but their was always something else to do to take your mind away from it.
Well, I only called it a slump because this year is so different from what he was doing the last two years. It's pretty weird. And yeah, he only stresses about it for a day and he seems to be back at it. But you know from playing, sometimes that stuff gets in your head and makes matters worse.

Ever hear of a "Slumpbuster"?

Never heard of it. But you have posted about boys going through puberty so I'm a lil scared to ask. Will this require me to wash his bedding more than once per week? :oops: :P

GrnBay007
06-17-2009, 12:58 AM

Anyways my nephew is on a U-11 team. they have like one practice a week and then have a short practice before games. This is ridiculous, sure they play 3 or 4 times a week but the fundamentals are just plain lacking. It is pretty sad actually. No bunting, no team chemistry on the field, guys are not in the right spot, poor positioning, that sort of things. Coaching isn't real good either.

What's a U-11 team?

I've been very disappointed with the amount of practices they've had this season. They started later then every other team and once the season got going they didn't even have practices. I just think that's wrong. With the talent they have on that team they should be in first place in the league. They are in third place. The errors being made on the field are due to not practicing together. If a coach holds regular practices and wants to yell at them for errors that's cool, but if you don't practice then do you really have any right to holler and act all disappointed? nope!!

SnakeLH2006
06-17-2009, 02:33 AM
The errors being made on the field are due to not practicing together. If a coach holds regular practices and wants to yell at them for errors that's cool, but if you don't practice then do you really have any right to holler and act all disappointed? nope!!

We need to pracrtice more. 007, we haven't had enough practice. On game day Snake would hope you won't holler and be all disappointed, yet we won't know till game day will we? Edit: I hope you still holler. :shock: :oops:

Deputy Nutz
06-17-2009, 10:05 AM
keep his stride short and his swing compact and he will be fine.

Batting cages, everyone can hit in the batting cage because of the lack of pressure, and the batting cages don't throw junk.

Slumpbuster, you might have to just forget about the college coach and take him to a college campus's coed dorm.

Freak Out
06-17-2009, 11:27 AM
Nothing wrong with some slumpbuster action......how old is this boy again? :lol:

GrnBay007
06-17-2009, 11:43 AM
Nothing wrong with some slumpbuster action......how old is this boy again? :lol:

13 :shock:

Scott Campbell
06-17-2009, 11:56 AM

There have been a lot of good ideas thrown out there. Getting your 13 year old laid isn't one of them.

Zool
06-17-2009, 01:12 PM

There have been a lot of good ideas thrown out there. Getting your 13 year old laid isn't one of them.

Put yourself in that position. Might sound like a good idea to you at 13.

Scott Campbell
06-17-2009, 03:00 PM

Put yourself in that position. Might sound like a good idea to you at 13.

Hey, at 13 the French Foreign Legion sounded like a good idea too.

Freak Out
06-25-2009, 05:18 PM
Stoned marsupials....

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/8118257.stm

GrnBay007
06-27-2009, 02:34 AM
Saw Saving Abel tonight. Good show.

GrnBay007
06-27-2009, 02:12 PM
Off to my son's baseball tournament. Baseball weather is FINALLY here. Sunny and 90 degrees.

Brando19
06-28-2009, 11:21 AM
I just watched the movie Taken. Damn good movie.

Bretsky
06-28-2009, 04:50 PM
what a weekend

our first dog's (age 13) health took a terrible turn for the worse ...and after some painful discussions among family and the vet we put him toward peace. Tough to explain that to a 8 and 5 year old daughter :(

Scott Campbell
06-28-2009, 05:04 PM
Oh man, I'm very sorry B. I've got a 13 year old too, and wonder almost weekly when her day will come. My girls are a bit older, but I don't think it'll be any easier.

Brando19
06-28-2009, 06:06 PM
That sucks, B. I have a 13 year old cat (at my parents home) and he is starting to feel like mush when you pick him up. We recently got a Black Lab puppy and I'm so attached to her...I couldn't imagine losing her. Hope your kids are ok.

SkinBasket
06-28-2009, 07:41 PM
I buried the family dog when I was 14. It was winter so I just rolled a couple of heavy rocks on her, but it's the thought that counts, right?

Brando19
06-28-2009, 08:46 PM
I buried the family dog when I was 14. It was winter so I just rolled a couple of heavy rocks on her, but it's the thought that counts, right?

:lol: Let's just hope you didn't bury her in Pet Cemetary.

GrnBay007
06-28-2009, 10:45 PM

Dang! Looks like it was his vision. Put the new contacts in and has been hitting like crazy! :D

Spent the weekend at tournament games. They won tonight so Tues. night will be the championship game.

Brando19
06-29-2009, 10:48 PM
I still can't get used to "The Tonight Show with Conan O'Brien". He's hilarious...but I miss Jay. I hope his new show in the fall does well.

Bretsky
07-02-2009, 10:33 PM
finally taking a day off Friday

Partial
07-02-2009, 10:39 PM
finally taking a day off Friday

Lucky guy; enjoy it! You should take the fam to the US bank fireworks. They're off the hook!

Bretsky
07-02-2009, 10:49 PM
At least they are good for something :) j/k

Are they in Milwaukee ??

Partial
07-02-2009, 10:52 PM
At least they are good for something :) j/k

Are they in Milwaukee ??

Yep, they're at the lake front so a bit of a drive for you guys but I think you guys would have a lot of fun

MJZiggy
07-07-2009, 07:12 PM
Got the first tomatoes in from the garden today--and the wild ones have finally sprouted. The peas resprouted too. If only the carrots and lettuce would have germinated I could have salad for dinner.

Brando19
07-07-2009, 07:16 PM
Got the first tomatoes in from the garden today--and the wild ones have finally sprouted. The peas resprouted too. If only the carrots and lettuce would have germinated I could have salad for dinner.

I was a lil' bit jealous til you mentioned peas. yuck.

MJZiggy
07-07-2009, 07:18 PM
If it makes you feel any better, only one of the pepper plants is producing anything and it's only flowering so far. The herbs are going nuts though. Fresh oregano, chives thyme and lemon basil on the pasta. MMMMmmmm.

Brando19
07-07-2009, 07:25 PM
If it makes you feel any better, only one of the pepper plants is producing anything and it's only flowering so far. The herbs are going nuts though. Fresh oregano, chives thyme and lemon basil on the pasta. MMMMmmmm.

I want a garden!!!! :D

MJZiggy
07-07-2009, 07:28 PM
You can have some of mine. I hate raw tomato.

Bretsky
07-07-2009, 07:28 PM
I want to plant a garden of girls who luv girls

I'd spend all my time outside watching their parts grow

MJZiggy
07-07-2009, 07:38 PM
You already have two to watch grow. (those girls have daddies too ya know)

Bretsky
07-07-2009, 07:40 PM
You already have two to watch grow. (those girls have daddies too ya know)

Those girls don't need to grow; they need to stay young and innocent !

Freak Out
07-07-2009, 07:41 PM
Damn it's hot here now....for Alaska that is. Low 80s during the week. :shock:

Palin has been raptured so we know the end is near.

Tyrone Bigguns
07-07-2009, 07:41 PM
You can have some of mine. I hate raw tomato.

One more thing we have in common, my love!!!

MJZiggy
07-07-2009, 07:42 PM
Too late Ty. I've met my soulmate. (If I only knew his name...)

Bretsky
07-07-2009, 07:42 PM
Why are there not multiple Farrah Faucett tributes ???

MJZiggy
07-07-2009, 07:46 PM
Because you can't look away from a train wreck.

Tyrone Bigguns
07-07-2009, 07:58 PM

That could be Ty...you don't know Ty's name.

MJZiggy
07-07-2009, 08:06 PM
Were you in DC last week?

HowardRoark
07-07-2009, 08:08 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CB_Vu1DjDU8

Tyrone Bigguns
07-07-2009, 08:13 PM
Were you in DC last week?

Does Astral Projection count?

MJZiggy
07-07-2009, 08:17 PM
Only if you understand what prosecco and the Dalai Lama have to do with one another.

Tyrone Bigguns
07-07-2009, 08:23 PM
Only if you understand what prosecco and the Dalai Lama have to do with one another.

This is something you discussed with a guy whose name you don't know?

It is served at functions he is feted at?

Brando19
07-07-2009, 09:08 PM

Is your name Waldo Gizmo?

Bretsky
07-07-2009, 10:20 PM
My annual budget for Bretsky hair cuts is $25; I have not paid for one yet this year

Tonight my wife was very tired but agreed to cut my hair. She didn't touch a scissors. That worried me; needless to say I have a military hair cut with a Andy Reid stomach to boot :lol:

Bretsky
07-07-2009, 10:23 PM
haircuts remind me of when I was in college; I use to go accross the street on University Avenue to Cost Cutters. Absolute hottie cut my hair every time; I think she was full time. I was shy then.

I chickened out asking her to sleep with me.....ah......or go out to a drinking party so we could mess around later. What was I thinking. I was a college dude in shape then; she'd probably have jumped at the chance.

Bretsky
07-07-2009, 10:25 PM
My job is frustrating; I don't think Obamanomics is doing nearly enough to help the housing market. The 8,000 tax credit is something...but all these special modification plans means to help people in trouble out IMO just delay the problem from blowing up

Bretsky
07-07-2009, 10:25 PM
Satellite Radio is awesome; channel 99 is the best non sports channel. Anybody know what channel that is ?

Partial
07-07-2009, 10:26 PM
haircuts remind me of when I was in college; I use to go accross the street on University Avenue to Cost Cutters. Absolute hottie cut my hair every time; I think she was full time. I was shy then.

I chickened out asking her to sleep with me.....ah......or go out to a drinking party so we could mess around later. What was I thinking. I was a college dude in shape then; she'd probably have jumped at the chance.

I've been to that cost cutters. Toppers next door to it now. Good times.

Two hair cuts ago I got an absolute babe doing it. She was a knockout and had a nice laugh, and was very flirty with me. I gave her a 4 dollar tip on an 11 dollar haircut. I went back again hoping to get her only to end up with an old lady. Bummer.

Bretsky
07-07-2009, 10:27 PM

I've been to that cost cutters. Toppers next door to it now. Good times.

If only I could go back and do it all again :!:

Bretsky
07-07-2009, 10:31 PM
In listening to channel 99 on Satellite Radio the other day....the hottie came up with the question....

what if you never met your spouse ? Where do you think you'd have ended up doing ?

In the thread about nothing, I enjoy pondering that question.

I think I'd live in a more modest house but I would probably owe little to nothing on my home. I think I'd probably have partied another five years, and then looked for a much younger gal to settle down with....or I'd still be partying. I'd be in much better shape. In the eternal quest for a partner, I always stayed in shape so less opportunities were eliminated. Sounds terrible, but I got out of shape after marriage....and it really went to crap after I tore my ACL.

Bretsky
07-07-2009, 10:35 PM
My July resolution was to give up pop for a month and see how it goes; I talked to a Mary Kay rep who's a hottie who said she gave up pop cold turkey and dropped some pounds and felt much healthier. I decided to try. Told everybody I was doing it...which helps me stick to my goal. For a while there I was probably drinking fountain pop that equalled 5-6 cans a day.

Now I'm drinking about a gallon of water a day instead. I feel more healthy once I make it through the morning w/o caffeine. I hate coffee

Partial
07-07-2009, 10:37 PM
My July resolution was to give up pop for a month and see how it goes; I talked to a Mary Kay rep who's a hottie who said she gave up pop cold turkey and dropped some pounds and felt much healthier. I decided to try. Told everybody I was doing it...which helps me stick to my goal. For a while there I was probably drinking fountain pop that equalled 5-6 cans a day.

Now I'm drinking about a gallon of water a day instead. I feel more healthy once I make it through the morning w/o caffeine. I hate coffee

Good for you. I hope you were at least drinking diet! Soda is really bad for you, but I can't help but suck down a bottle or two of diet code red basically every day.

Bretsky
07-07-2009, 10:43 PM

Good for you. I hope you were at least drinking diet! Soda is really bad for you, but I can't help but suck down a bottle or two of diet code red basically every day.

Yes, always diet pepsi or diet coke

But my hot young doctor lectured me last time and noted the ingredients in diet pop make it equally as bad as normal pop. She's down with all of the modern studies..etc.....UW MAD grad as well.

Deputy Nutz
07-08-2009, 12:17 AM

Yes, always diet pepsi or diet coke

But my hot young doctor lectured me last time and noted the ingredients in diet pop make it equally as bad as normal pop. She's down with all of the modern studies..etc.....UW MAD grad as well.

The chemicals in Diet Soda are water retainers. You are probably better off drinking the new/old pepsi made with regular sugar, called cane sugar. Your body can actually digest cane sugar and break it down.

I gave up SODA, for about a year, I drank a lot of ice tea and water. I got stressed and then went bonkers on the soda, I am or was like a bad addict with the stuff. I am going to try and leave it all behind again. See if I can hold off longer than a year

Freak Out
07-08-2009, 04:44 PM
At a farmers market in Portland on Sunday I bought apricots from one of the most beautiful girls I've ever seen.....looked like Scarlet Johansson but not as chunky. The kind of girl that drives men to war.......

Tyrone Bigguns
07-08-2009, 04:48 PM
At a farmers market in Portland on Sunday I bought apricots from one of the most beautiful girls I've ever seen.....looked like Scarlet Johansson but not as chunky. The kind of girl that drives men to war.......

THank god she wasn't selling oil...or we coulda been in trouble.

ThunderDan
07-09-2009, 01:58 PM

I gave up alcohol and soda the year I did the Ironman. I also dropped close to 40 pounds and got down to 205 working out an average of 20+ hours per week.

After training so hard I have lost all desire to workout post-Ironman and that was almost 5 years ago. I have put back on 30 pounds.

MJZiggy
07-09-2009, 05:38 PM
I'm trying to figure out where that fine line is between wanting to know more and stalking...

Shyness is annoying.

Tyrone Bigguns
07-09-2009, 05:46 PM
I'm trying to figure out where that fine line is between wanting to know more and stalking...

Shyness is annoying.

Are you a buck-toothed girl in Luxembourg?

MJZiggy
07-09-2009, 06:05 PM
No, I'm a girl with a where and a why, but not a who or a when. Too much information leading to a dead end--either way, I don't seem to be able to get the result I want.

Tyrone Bigguns
07-09-2009, 06:08 PM
No, I'm a girl with a where and a why, but not a who or a when. Too much information leading to a dead end--either way, I don't seem to be able to get the result I want.

You missed the joke.

Hint:

Shyness is nice, and
Shyness can stop you
From doing all the things in life
That you'd like to

Shyness is nice, and
Shyness can stop you
From doing all the things in life
That you'd like to

So, if there's something you'd like to try
If there's something you'd like to try
Ask me - i won't say "no" - how could i ?

Are you saying that you are interested, but he doesn't seem to be reciprocating? Or doesn't he know you are interested?

Have you tried calling him and inviting him over for some Harvey's Bristol Cream?

MJZiggy
07-09-2009, 06:17 PM
Nice thought Ty, but he is definitely reciprocating, the problem is that I run into him by chance and while I know WHERE he is, can't seem to predict WHEN he'll be there. Last time I saw him I was too shy to give him my card. Now I can't find him except that I know where his office is...just don't know his name to drop a note.

Tyrone Bigguns
07-09-2009, 06:28 PM
Nice thought Ty, but he is definitely reciprocating, the problem is that I run into him by chance and while I know WHERE he is, can't seem to predict WHEN he'll be there. Last time I saw him I was too shy to give him my card. Now I can't find him except that I know where his office is...just don't know his name to drop a note.

Say what? He is reciprocating? How so? And, if he is..then what is the problem?

Are you counting a smile as reciprocating?

Is he unable to communicate his desire to spend some time with you?

Where do you run into him by chance...elevator, cafeteria, parking garage?

Sounds like you are going to have to be aggessive and sneaky..and semi stalk. Perhaps a personal day off...to wait for him outside his building or parking garage..where you just accidentally bump into him. Ty is assuming that his office is the "where" that you know about.

Or you can just wait till another random encounter...but, you have to be mentally prepared to make the move.

MJZiggy
07-09-2009, 06:58 PM
The office is down a side street--no bumping into him there without being obvious.

We've gotten into conversations but neither is trying to be too forward and thus never got around to names :crazy: I just haven't figured out the smooth way to purposefully hand a guy my card when it's not business...

Tyrone Bigguns
07-09-2009, 07:13 PM
The office is down a side street--no bumping into him there without being obvious.

We've gotten into conversations but neither is trying to be too forward and thus never got around to names :crazy: I just haven't figured out the smooth way to purposefully hand a guy my card when it's not business...

Where do you get in conversations then? If this has happened multiple times..then he has a problem.

You shouldn't try and pretend you know why he hasn't asked for your name..you are guessing. Perhaps he is just being friendly.

Either way, do you really want to go out with a guy who can't even ask your name..who has talked with you more than once.

Look, if you want this to happen, then you are going to have to be aggressive...and lead him, "oh, i can't believe we've met all these times and i dont' even know your first name." "wow, that is so interesting..hey, i'm going to get a expresso..you want to continue this as we walk" etc.

You can then take it from there....if you know his first name...and his office...you can leave the note.

Either that..."hey, i enjoy talking with you...i'd like to get to know more..how about x?"

GrnBay007
07-11-2009, 03:10 PM
Weekends are awesome. I love when I get a lot accomplished on a Sat. :D

MJZiggy
07-11-2009, 04:58 PM
I had a scavenger hunt with a group I belong to then we had an early outdoor happy hour with free beer and pizza. I haven't accomplished jack shit. I'm going out tonight so I won't accomplish anything tonight either. Ya need one of these every now and again.

arcilite
07-11-2009, 06:30 PM
$20 all you can drink. 8-11pm.

I'm off to put this bar out of business.

Tyrone Bigguns
07-11-2009, 06:31 PM

Apparently you are unaware of wholesale.

MJZiggy
07-11-2009, 06:38 PM

Where is that?

Tyrone Bigguns
07-11-2009, 06:42 PM

Where is that?

Is your soulmate going to be getting blottoed?

MJZiggy
07-11-2009, 07:12 PM
I don't know. I can't find him, remember?

Tyrone Bigguns
07-11-2009, 07:18 PM
I don't know. I can't find him, remember?

Wasn't a question..more of a pointing out.

He is prolly at Barnes & Noble...quietly leafing through some poetry.

MJZiggy
07-11-2009, 07:20 PM
There' s actually a pretty good chance of that...though I don't know about poetry. More likely world economies.

packinpatland
07-11-2009, 08:29 PM

I gave up alcohol and soda the year I did the Ironman. I also dropped close to 40 pounds and got down to 205 working out an average of 20+ hours per week.

After training so hard I have lost all desire to workout post-Ironman and that was almost 5 years ago. I have put back on 30 pounds.

A lot of years ago we had new neighbors move in. They were from Chicago. Another neighbor from down the street stopped by and said she wasn't sure about the new people.......thought they 'did drugs'...because they invited her in for 'a pop' :lol: I had to explain that in that other part of the country..soda is known as pop..........oh well, it was funny at the time........

packinpatland
07-11-2009, 08:30 PM
There' s actually a pretty good chance of that...though I don't know about poetry. More likely world economies.

Thought you were going out............what you doing talking to us?

packinpatland
07-11-2009, 08:31 PM

It's a good feeling...........I got all my 'chores' done by Fri nite. Today......total coasting..........

Brando19
07-11-2009, 09:40 PM

It's a good feeling...........I got all my 'chores' done by Fri nite. Today......total coasting..........

Weekends are over too quick. They should be 6 days long. :lol:

MJZiggy
07-11-2009, 11:41 PM

Thought you were going out............what you doing talking to us?

My wingman fell asleep. Great friend. Kind of a lousy wingman, though. Everyone's afraid of him at first glance.

arcilite
07-12-2009, 08:00 AM

Where is that?

McFaddens in WAshington DC.

Definitely woke up in a strange apartment this morning and had to do an Irish exit.

Had to call my roomate and I told him the street corner I was at, he looked it up on google maps and gave me directions to the closest metro stop so I could get home.

Just got home 10 mins ago lol.

MJZiggy
07-12-2009, 10:15 AM

Where is that?

McFaddens in WAshington DC.

Definitely woke up in a strange apartment this morning and had to do an Irish exit.

Had to call my roomate and I told him the street corner I was at, he looked it up on google maps and gave me directions to the closest metro stop so I could get home.

Just got home 10 mins ago lol.

Open bar'll do that to ya. Have fun sleeping the rest of it off...I hope you at least remember part of last night, and that the parts you remember were fun...

Brando19
07-12-2009, 07:53 PM
Gonna order some fruit trees this fall and start a small orchard. Any suggestions?

MJZiggy
07-12-2009, 08:00 PM
In WV? Wouldn't you want apple or cherry? I can't imagine citrus faring too well over the winter. Not sure about figs, but I think they like heat too.

Be forewarned, though, apple trees attract deer.

Administrator
07-12-2009, 09:38 PM
Why would deer be a problem?

Deputy Nutz
07-12-2009, 10:01 PM

As soon as the tree matures and blooms fruit the deer ravage it. Once the apple tree grows up big and strong, deer can reach low hanging branches, but usually just wait until they fall

mraynrand
07-12-2009, 10:07 PM
http://blog.cleveland.com/euclidsunjournal/2009/07/woman_75_charged_in_fatal_beat.html

Euclid woman, 75, charged in fatal beating of fawn
Posted by Jeff Piorkowski July 01, 2009 18:30PM

"A charge of animal abuse has been filed against a woman, 75, who allegedly beat a fawn to death with a shovel. The fawn was in her flower bed.

Animal Control Warden Ann Mills signed a warrant last week against Dorothy Richardson of Waynoka Road in the city's Indian Hills neighborhood, where deer frequently come and go.

Richardson's neighbors, including Ward 1 Councilman Christopher Gruber, were appalled by her alleged actions.

The killing took place June 15 when the woman spotted the fawn in her flowers. Richardson allegedly told neighbors the fawn wouldn't leave so she went into her garage, got a shovel, and hit the animal several times in the head.

A Waynoka Road man, in his witness's letter to the animal warden, said the fawn weighed about 25 pounds. ....

Animal abuse is a first-degree misdemeanor punishable by a maximum sentence of $1,000, and/or up to six months in jail. "

-------------

She may get more jail time than Stallworth!

Freak Out
07-13-2009, 12:28 PM
I now have 23,756 songs in my itunes library.

I'm eagerly awaiting the arrival of my new Denali Llama.

https://www.alpackaraft.com/store/index.cfm?CFID=5407892&CFTOKEN=89585202&ProductID=68&do=detail

SkinBasket
07-13-2009, 12:36 PM

As soon as the tree matures and blooms fruit the deer ravage it. Once the apple tree grows up big and strong, deer can reach low hanging branches, but usually just wait until they fall

I've been trying to convince nutz to rub his naked body all over my back yard to stop those fucking disease ridden bastards from munching on my young trees. We have very skanky deer around here, though, so that may have the opposite effect.

Freak Out
07-13-2009, 12:49 PM

I've been trying to convince nutz to rub his naked body all over my back yard to stop those fucking disease ridden bastards from munching on my young trees. We have very skanky deer around here, though, so that may have the opposite effect.

Take your gun and shoot the deer.....it's that simple. That way you'll have apples and venison.

Little Whiskey
07-13-2009, 02:02 PM
Gonna order some fruit trees this fall and start a small orchard. Any suggestions?

quite a few orchards out here by me. Apples, cherries, peaches and such. I've got a couple friends who are farmers. FYI, it is a very time consuming hobby. ie you only have so long to spray them after a rain or else they will grow a fungus that will ruin the fruit. any other questions let me know and I can gather the answers.

Also, did you know that if you take the seeds from an apple (lets say granny smith) and plant them. you may not get a granny smith apple tree. the seed will reproduce the type of tree that the pollen came from. All apple trees are made up of two tees grafted together. one to determine the fruit and the other to determine the size.

Freak Out
07-13-2009, 05:29 PM

quite a few orchards out here by me. Apples, cherries, peaches and such. I've got a couple friends who are farmers. FYI, it is a very time consuming hobby. ie you only have so long to spray them after a rain or else they will grow a fungus that will ruin the fruit. any other questions let me know and I can gather the answers.

Also, did you know that if you take the seeds from an apple (lets say granny smith) and plant them. you may not get a granny smith apple tree. the seed will reproduce the type of tree that the pollen came from. All apple trees are made up of two tees grafted together. one to determine the fruit and the other to determine the size.

We grow apples with limited succses here in South Central Alaska (other than crab apples) and all hardy/successful trees are grown from Siberian rootstock.

Tyrone Bigguns
07-13-2009, 06:29 PM

We grow apples with limited succses here in South Central Alaska (other than crab apples) and all hardy/successful trees are grown from Siberian rootstock.

Interesting. Ty was unaware that trees operated like vitis vinifera.

Brando19
07-14-2009, 04:59 PM
In WV? Wouldn't you want apple or cherry? I can't imagine citrus faring too well over the winter. Not sure about figs, but I think they like heat too.

Be forewarned, though, apple trees attract deer.

Yes, I do want apple and cherry...but I wanted to know if you all had any suggestions on what type of apple and cherry trees...I should have stated that. Also, pear and plum trees grow excellent here in WV. They're dormant during the fall/winter.

My father in law has an orchard of apple trees and he has a deer problem. He had to put up a 10 foot fence because they were destroying his trees and his garden. I have a feeling i'll be doing the same if I start one.

Brando19
07-14-2009, 05:02 PM

Thanks for the input...if I have any other questions I'll be sure and pm you. I didn't know that about the seeds. That's very interesting.

GrnBay007
07-17-2009, 04:38 PM
Going to an outdoor Jazzfest thing tonight. Crazy weather!!! Who wants to wear a sweatshirt or jacket in JULY!!?? It's 60 here..brrrrr

Freak Out
07-17-2009, 05:03 PM

Thanks for the input...if I have any other questions I'll be sure and pm you. I didn't know that about the seeds. That's very interesting.

Just go the the closest University cooperative extension in the area. They will be able to tell you everything you will need to know.

Bretsky
07-17-2009, 05:12 PM
Going to an outdoor Jazzfest thing tonight. Crazy weather!!! Who wants to wear a sweatshirt or jacket in JULY!!?? It's 60 here..brrrrr

you'll have to do some sweet cuddling with the London babe :!: :wink:

GrnBay007
07-17-2009, 06:18 PM

sicko! :P

Little Whiskey
07-18-2009, 04:37 PM
My father in law has an orchard of apple trees and he has a deer problem.

Just wait till fall and then solve the problem.

like was mentioned before, deer and venison.

Brando19
07-18-2009, 07:12 PM

Oh I will...but there's a limit on the number of deer you can kill. I see 10-20 deer a day from my house. :shock:

MJZiggy
07-19-2009, 05:35 AM
The Hangover is awesome. (and it's hard to type with a cat on your lap who wants attention)

Little Whiskey
07-19-2009, 09:32 AM

Oh I will...but there's a limit on the number of deer you can kill. I see 10-20 deer a day from my house. :shock:

not if you have nuisance tags. then your limited by the amount of ammo you can afford and the amount of pain your shoulder can endure.

Brando19
07-19-2009, 02:06 PM

not if you have nuisance tags. then your limited by the amount of ammo you can afford and the amount of pain your shoulder can endure.

:lol: Got a point there.

Freak Out
07-19-2009, 03:02 PM
My wife talked me into going to a matinee of the latest Harry Potter film this afternoon....I love kids but I'm worried about this. Going to the digital projection FWIW......

MJZiggy
07-19-2009, 03:04 PM
What was wrong with it? I know they're supposed to get darker as they move along the series...

Fritz
07-19-2009, 06:59 PM

sicko! :P

Yes, but he's a consistent sicko. Ya gotta love Bretsky!

Freak Out
07-19-2009, 07:46 PM
What was wrong with it? I know they're supposed to get darker as they move along the series...

:lol: Ha....I was worried about the crowds of kids at the theater not the ones in the movie. There were loads of them BTW....

MichiganPackerFan
07-20-2009, 07:30 AM
It's Monday, five more days until the weekend. Monday and I have a lifelong blood-feud. To quote the legendary Charlie Brown "AAUGH!"
http://grafiqa.files.wordpress.com/2008/11/charlie_brown_lucy_football.jpg

Bretsky
07-20-2009, 05:04 PM
Monday's stink

My daughter is going to a horse riding camp

Kids are really spoiled these days

ThunderDan
07-20-2009, 09:08 PM
Went golfing with clients this afternoon. It was a great day to be outside.

SkinBasket
07-22-2009, 07:05 AM
Is it me, or does only half the shit you buy actually work like it's supposed to?

GrnBay007
07-25-2009, 05:05 PM
Going to see Shinedown and Staind tonight.....outdoor concert. Perfect weather 81 and sunny. :D

Deputy Nutz
07-25-2009, 08:08 PM
After three pretty sluggish years at the softball diamond, I have finally found my power stroke this season. 13 home runs this season in 14 games played, with well over .400 average.

I don't mean to sound like Partial, but man have I been struggling at the dish. I switched batting stances, shortened my swing, and kept my eye on the ball all the way through the swing.

I also like my new team, I am playing with guys about 6-8 years older than me, and they keep me relaxed.

Bretsky
07-26-2009, 10:32 AM
After three pretty sluggish years at the softball diamond, I have finally found my power stroke this season. 13 home runs this season in 14 games played, with well over .400 average.

I don't mean to sound like Partial, but man have I been struggling at the dish. I switched batting stances, shortened my swing, and kept my eye on the ball all the way through the swing.

I also like my new team, I am playing with guys about 6-8 years older than me, and they keep me relaxed.

I've lost my swing; if I didn't have three kids I'd be ready to be one of those coaches who organizes a killer team and travels to tourneys.

Next weekend a bar is putting on one of these painting contests where gals will have things painted over their twins. I might go

ThunderDan
07-26-2009, 11:00 AM
Had tickets to Coldplay last night at Alpine but got the stomach flu from my son and sat home puking all yesterday. :cry:

He is 2, so we will talk about his inheritance when he can hold a conversation.

mraynrand
07-26-2009, 03:20 PM
Had tickets to Coldplay last night at Alpine but got the stomach flu from my son and sat home puking all yesterday. :cry:

He is 2, so we will talk about his inheritance when he can hold a conversation.

That's weird - I had the same experience - only after seeing Coldplay. Hope you're feelin' better tho...

MJZiggy
07-26-2009, 04:25 PM
I went geocaching* today. It's combining hiking with GPS navigation to find stuff. We went out in the woods and the first new person I met was a Packer fan. That's the second time I've been kinda out in the middle of nowhere and met Pack fans. First time was on a mountain in Colorado.

*Thes is the last time I ever do geocaching where the word URBAN is not part of the description. I will now go eat ice cream until I feel better.

ThunderDan
07-26-2009, 09:53 PM
Great news tonight!!!

Get the tickets for both the Cleveland (pre-season) and Cowboy game in November.

Also, father-in-law said starting next year, tickets will flow down to my wife but have to offer a game each year to sister-in-laws family.

HowardRoark
07-26-2009, 10:32 PM
We went out in the woods and the first new person I met was a Packer fan.

Was he Bigguns? He seemed to have a thing for you, and he's got some time on his hands nowadays.

GrnBay007
07-27-2009, 12:35 AM
So Holy Cow!! ...at the concert last night I met a former Bear player. I think he was only with them in 2007, not sure though. Aaron Brandt....huge dude!! Nice looking too! :D If only I was a few years younger!! LOL ...anyway, it was fun talking to him.

MJZiggy
07-27-2009, 05:45 AM

Was he Bigguns? He seemed to have a thing for you, and he's got some time on his hands nowadays.

It was a girl who grew up in Chicago.

SkinBasket
07-27-2009, 07:02 AM

It was a girl who grew up in Chicago.

And........?

Scott Campbell
07-27-2009, 11:09 AM
So Holy Cow!! ...at the concert last night I met a former Bear player. I think he was only with them in 2007, not sure though. Aaron Brandt....huge dude!! Nice looking too! :D If only I was a few years younger!! LOL ...anyway, it was fun talking to him.

Did you at least kick him in the balls?

Scott Campbell
07-27-2009, 11:11 AM
I went geocaching* today.

Your own device, or did you borrow one?

SkinBasket
07-27-2009, 11:15 AM

I told my wife I was going to go geocache all of Vince Condella's geocaches and poop in them and leave pictures of Bart Adrian with forged signatures that read, "Best regards, Bart." Is that considered domestic terrorism?

Scott Campbell
07-27-2009, 11:29 AM
Those guys still do weather in Milwaukee????

How many of you people remember Rod Luck? I always get a laugh in San Diego when he shows up on the tube.

SkinBasket
07-27-2009, 09:13 PM
I ordered a book from Amazon today:

"Letters to Penthouse xxxiii: Lusty Hunter, Sexy Prey (v. 33)"

I feel very literal. I hope it comes with bonus materials!

MJZiggy
07-27-2009, 09:26 PM

I was in a group and a bunch of them had them. I was using someone else's for a while, but mostly I just came in behind them and found the caches.

Bretsky
07-27-2009, 09:42 PM

I was in a group and a bunch of them had them. I was using someone else's for a while, but mostly I just came in behind them and found the caches.

defintely a chick to chick activity :!: a bunch of skimpy top'd gals looking for the next Holy Grail :lol:

mraynrand
07-27-2009, 10:04 PM
Those guys still do weather in Milwaukee????

How many of you people remember Rod Luck? I always get a laugh in San Diego when he shows up on the tube.

OMG, Rod Luck - LOL. Good Night! - and better tomorrows....

Bretsky
07-30-2009, 10:24 PM
Going to a paint on bikini contest at da bar on Saturday

Can everybody do sunshine dances for me so good weather comes our way ??

I've volunteered to be a painter but they tell me you have to be a professional :evil:

Patler
07-30-2009, 10:54 PM
Going to a paint on bikini contest at da bar on Saturday

Can everybody do sunshine dances for me so good weather comes our way ??

I've volunteered to be a painter but they tell me you have to be a professional :evil:

I painted houses for a living while in college. That makes me a professional painter, doesn't it? :lol:

MichiganPackerFan
07-31-2009, 01:15 PM
One of the first weekends since I've been in DC that I not only don't have to work on Saturday, but also get to leave a little early today! Dear lord, why can't it be 3:30 yet so I can commute and then have beers and food and fun!!!! :alc:

Freak Out
07-31-2009, 04:07 PM
My wife is with family in Virginia this weekend and is going boating on the Potomac. I'm home alone. :twisted:

MJZiggy
07-31-2009, 05:17 PM
One of the first weekends since I've been in DC that I not only don't have to work on Saturday, but also get to leave a little early today! Dear lord, why can't it be 3:30 yet so I can commute and then have beers and food and fun!!!! :alc:

Don't use that "c" word around me! God, I hate the metro...

Bretsky
07-31-2009, 10:24 PM
My wife is with family in Virginia this weekend and is going boating on the Potomac. I'm home alone. :twisted:

Heck if I'd have known that you should have come to the paint on competition :!:

MichiganPackerFan
08-01-2009, 12:32 AM
Don't use that "c" word around me! God, I hate the metro...

Yep - hour and a half to get home today - wish people in DC could handle driving in "weather" like those of us from the midwest : (
Heard it will get so much worse when it "snows"!!!

MJZiggy
08-01-2009, 07:17 AM
It doesn't get "worse" per se when it snows, they just close the govt. and schools and still expect you at work. That said, they do have black ice here which is different from what you see in the midwest so you do have to drive differently here when the temp is near 30. It snows then melts then freezes then snows again. That said, snow doesn't hang around the way it does in Wis. A few days and it melts away.

Bretsky
08-01-2009, 12:39 PM
off to the festivities

MichiganPackerFan
08-02-2009, 12:18 AM
MJZ, are you a WI to DC transplant too?

MJZiggy
08-02-2009, 12:53 AM
By way of Florida, yes.

SkinBasket
08-03-2009, 11:20 AM
I'm going to learn vector graphics today. Then I'm going to get drunk tonight and forget it all.

Little Whiskey
08-03-2009, 01:28 PM
I was in central Missouri this past weekend for reunion. (insert missouri redneck jokes here). Cannot believe the mild temps for the weekend. low 80's, no humidity! perfect.

Freak Out
08-03-2009, 04:56 PM
I tore all the 69 year old siding off the south side of my house over the weekend and started re-sheeting it. Yee fucking ha.

Brando19
08-03-2009, 08:02 PM
I tore all the 69 year old siding off the south side of my house over the weekend and started re-sheeting it. Yee fucking ha.

Sounds fun. Shit like that can get aggrevating.

By the way...was it really 69 years old or is that your favorite number?

Bretsky
08-08-2009, 06:59 AM
My 18 month old loves remote controls and telephones

Yesterday he playing with the chordless all of a sudden we heard somebody say "Hello, Hello". What were the odds he dialed a seven digit phone number ? We yelled to our 8 year old to take the phone from him and hang up.

Immediately the phone rang again. My wife said don't pick it up but I did anyways.

A lady asked if everthing was OK; I said why ?

My son dialed 911

As smooth and suave as I sounded over the phone letting her know that all is well, she noted it was procedure to send a cop over for a friendly visit

fun fun fun

SkinBasket
08-08-2009, 07:09 AM
I know how you feel. My kid hit the "fire" button on our security system last summer and despite immediately canceling the alarm, calling the company, and calling the fire house, we still got a mandatory visit from the friendly ambulance drivers, who were grateful to drive around on such a nice day.

Scott Campbell
08-08-2009, 07:15 AM
My 18 month old loves remote controls and telephones

Yesterday he playing with the chordless all of a sudden we heard somebody say "Hello, Hello". What were the odds he dialed a seven digit phone number ? We yelled to our 8 year old to take the phone from him and hang up.

Immediately the phone rang again. My wife said don't pick it up but I did anyways.

A lady asked if everthing was OK; I said why ?

My son dialed 911

As smooth and suave as I sounded over the phone letting her know that all is well, she noted it was procedure to send a cop over for a friendly visit

fun fun fun

Sounds like profiling to me. Anybody arrested? Are you going to have a beer with the Pres?

Bretsky
08-08-2009, 07:23 AM
I was thinking of telling them my wife abused me :lol:

GrnBay007
08-09-2009, 10:13 PM
Dang! 3 separate storms passed through here today. 1 was pretty bad...city emergency alarms sounded. Very high winds. Pretty weird, my daughter and I were on the deck when it got extremely dark. It was very still and then the high winds just started out of nowhere. I hope this is it for the night. I can't sleep when it's stormy.

MJZiggy
08-09-2009, 10:15 PM
You're supposed to do other stuff when it's stormy... :oops:

Partial
08-09-2009, 11:04 PM
Dang! 3 separate storms passed through here today. 1 was pretty bad...city emergency alarms sounded. Very high winds. Pretty weird, my daughter and I were on the deck when it got extremely dark. It was very still and then the high winds just started out of nowhere. I hope this is it for the night. I can't sleep when it's stormy.

I was at work today on the 4th floor of our building, and holy crap it was crazy. The sound of the wind against the windows was freaking me out, making me think they were going to break! It was insanely windy in Milwaukee!!

Little Whiskey
08-10-2009, 09:16 AM
sure could have used some rain over here. we didn't get much, yet they have been saying it was going to rain all weekend and all day today. damn liers!!

Bretsky
08-10-2009, 05:32 PM
my 401k is coming back but work sucks

Partial
08-10-2009, 06:58 PM

You think Barry extends the home-buyer tax refund dealy?

Bretsky
08-10-2009, 08:58 PM
I would predict that he does but I'm about 52/48 sure so it's a toss up IMO

ThunderDan
08-10-2009, 09:32 PM

You think Barry extends the home-buyer tax refund dealy?

I've heard rumors that the credit might go up in 2010.

At least thats what one of my builder clients says. He's trying to unload inventory and he is getting resistance from first time buyers that the credit is going to go up so they will wait until 1/1/2010.

retailguy
08-10-2009, 09:57 PM
I saw this today:

http://albanyherald.com/Main.asp?SectionID=1&SubSectionID=431&ArticleID=5299

8/10/2009 12:04:00 PM
Builders call for extension of home buyer tax credit
To help create jobs and set the stage for a strong recovery, the National Association of Home Builders (NAHB) today called on Congress to extend and enhance the $8,000 first-time home buyer tax credit due to expire on December 1.

Specifically, NAHB is asking Congress to extend the home buyer tax credit program through November 30, 2010 and make it available to all buyers of principal residences.

"If Congress acts to extend the tax credit program, it would spur 383,000 additional home sales, including 80,000 housing starts, creating nearly 350,000 jobs over the coming year," said NAHB Chairman Joe Robson, a home builder from Tulsa, Okla. "That's good for the economy and good for America."

Although there have been some signs of economic stabilization in recent weeks, the unemployment rate is rapidly approaching double-digits. Without a concerted focus on the housing sector, which comprises more than 15 percent of the GDP, any hope for a recovery could fade.

MichiganPackerFan
08-15-2009, 07:58 AM
Heard Offspring's "Self Esteem" on my way in to work this morning. Fifteen years later that track still kicks my ass. Smash was one of the few albums that I scored early. When I came out, I thought they'd deliver some edgy, rough kick-ass rock for a couple albums and be done. Unfortunately (for the rock aspect) and fortunately (for their careers) they signed with a major label who cleaned up and polished their sounds and they've been fairly successful at making un-edgy polished pop-rock for a decade and a half. Oh well, at least "Self Esteem" and the Smash album rocked. The radio station followed that up with Nirvana's "Rape Me" which helped take the sting away from having to head in to work early on a Saturday morning.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/8/80/TheOffspringSmashalbumcover.jpghttp://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/7/7d/InUteroNew1.jpg

MJZiggy
08-15-2009, 08:17 AM
What station are you listening to?

MichiganPackerFan
08-15-2009, 08:27 AM
What station are you listening to?

DC101 this morning. Are there any other good Rock stations here? After usually hit NPR on the morning commute and DC101 on the return, but I'm getting sick of the same old songs all the time. Need more variety. I'll bet you that I can predict 5 songs I will hear when I head home!

MJZiggy
08-15-2009, 10:02 AM
None that I know of that are as heavy as 101. We used to have a nice classic rock station but it recently changed format to (you guessed it) AC. I know of one other classic rock station, otherwise, there's a Jack station out of Baltimore and one out of Winchester 92.5. We need someone with a brain and a little bit of knowledge to buy a station or two and bring back boutique radio. Yeesh.

retailguy
08-15-2009, 10:33 AM
stream pandora radio to your car. not hard if you have a blackberry/pda and a data plan.

MichiganPackerFan
08-15-2009, 10:53 AM
stream pandora radio to your car. not hard if you have a blackberry/pda and a data plan.

That's really not a bad idea.