View Full Version : OFFICIAL THREAD about "NOTHING"

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

MJZiggy
10-04-2009, 10:38 AM
She didn't like him?

GrnBay007
10-04-2009, 10:54 AM
She didn't like him?

She liked playing with him ....for a bit, but puppy didn't know when to stop. I def don't know A LOT about dogs but our Maggie has been having accidents in the house this weekend and she never does that. Don't know if it's nerves or what...but don't want that going on. Oh, and we use a kennel for our dog when we are at work/school. Puppy has never been in one and that was a nightmare and we never did get her in there this weekend.

The puppy is 8 months old (still considered a puppy, right?) and it's sad...he's so skinny and you can tell he hasn't been treated very well. I am so hoping a co-worker will take him. Have to make that call soon. :( Keep telling myself worst case the puppy goes to the Humane Society where it should get adopted quickly.....young, cute and pretty much housebroke. He didn't have any accidents in the house but is not good about letting us know he has to go.

Bretsky
10-04-2009, 01:10 PM
Wireless network meltdown; it was all screwed up but 12 hours later after returning original new pc for another new pc it's all working.

MichiganPackerFan
10-05-2009, 09:55 AM
I just "wasted" 2.5 hours at work catching up on Saturday-Sunday posts, when I need to be getting returns done as the tax season deadline approaches. Some of the back & forth personal bs i skipped. I can't wait for kickoff. Don't have time to grill up anything great, but leftovers, chips & cheese and some High Life I bought to support my WI heritage will do nicely.

ThunderDan
10-05-2009, 11:16 AM
I just "wasted" 2.5 hours at work catching up on Saturday-Sunday posts, when I need to be getting returns done as the tax season deadline approaches. Some of the back & forth personal bs i skipped. I can't wait for kickoff. Don't have time to grill up anything great, but leftovers, chips & cheese and some High Life I bought to support my WI heritage will do nicely..

Client called this morning and wants to drop his tax stuff on Saturday. I told him to get in here ASAP and he will be lucky to get it done. Way to procrastinate for 5 3/4 months and then dump it on me with 4 business days to finish.

retailguy
10-05-2009, 11:25 AM
I just "wasted" 2.5 hours at work catching up on Saturday-Sunday posts, when I need to be getting returns done as the tax season deadline approaches. Some of the back & forth personal bs i skipped. I can't wait for kickoff. Don't have time to grill up anything great, but leftovers, chips & cheese and some High Life I bought to support my WI heritage will do nicely..

Client called this morning and wants to drop his tax stuff on Saturday. I told him to get in here ASAP and he will be lucky to get it done. Way to procrastinate for 5 3/4 months and then dump it on me with 4 business days to finish.

We have extra special discount rates for our clients who do this. Privately we call it the "Asshole Discount". Suffice it to say the last 4 days before each tax deadline was always very profitable. Since it is the same folks every year, and every deadline, they happily pay the bill, and we happily accomodate their schedule....

Two can play at that game.

MichiganPackerFan
10-05-2009, 11:28 AM

We have extra special discount rates for our clients who do this. Privately we call it the "Asshole Discount". Suffice it to say the last 4 days before each tax deadline was always very profitable. Since it is the same folks every year, and every deadline, they happily pay the bill, and we happily accomodate their schedule....

Two can play at that game.

I just do corporate now, so I'm wrapping up the state/federal project that got rolling in early June. Back when I did personal stuff that used to piss me off.

SkinBasket
10-06-2009, 05:03 PM
I'm chatting live with a helpful support person in India. Anyone have anything they want me to say?

CaptainKickass
10-06-2009, 05:18 PM
I'm chatting live with a helpful support person in India. Anyone have anything they want me to say?

Maybe ask them if they like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IhnUgAaea4M

Scott Campbell
10-06-2009, 06:08 PM

Tell them Scott said Kashmir should belong to Pakistan. And I think the faucets in the Taj Mahal were kind of cheap.

SkinBasket
10-06-2009, 06:55 PM

Tell them Scott said Kashmir should belong to Pakistan. And I think the faucets in the Taj Mahal were kind of cheap.

I gave him unfettered access to my computer to install software. Apparently I can't be trusted with such a monumental task. I was two seconds away from pulling up the brett favre picture in the GC, but he started mouse fighting me when I tried moving the cursor.

Freak Out
10-07-2009, 05:01 PM
Cage fighting Transvestites?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1218651/Thugs-attack-men-dresses--turn-cage-fighters.html

MichiganPackerFan
10-08-2009, 08:10 AM
Ever have those mornings where it seems you just can't possibly consume enough caffeine to get you going? I mean a non-Monday. You feel like you need two pieces of scotch tape to keep your eyelids open. And of course one more piece for your nose to complete the funny face...

SkinBasket
10-08-2009, 08:59 AM
Ever have those mornings where it seems you just can't possibly consume enough caffeine to get you going? I mean a non-Monday. You feel like you need two pieces of scotch tape to keep your eyelids open. And of course one more piece for your nose to complete the funny face...

2 Excedrin® Migraine and a 12 oz. Coke will cure almost anything.

SkinBasket
10-09-2009, 10:27 AM
The chances I'll ever buy an actual CD are slim to none, so I decided it's finally time to import the old CD collection onto the computer. What a pain in the ass this is going to be.

Freak Out
10-09-2009, 02:26 PM
I got a flu shot this morning and now feel like shit.

swede
10-09-2009, 03:33 PM

My strategy, as always, is to encourage my co-workers to get a flu shot so they don't make me sick.

I'm not the least little bit afraid of needles. I'm afraid of weakened strains of viruses triggering biochemical reactions in my body.

retailguy
10-09-2009, 04:06 PM

My strategy, as always, is to encourage my co-workers to get a flu shot so they don't make me sick.

I'm not the least little bit afraid of needles. I'm afraid of weakened strains of viruses triggering biochemical reactions in my body.

The "virus" in your flu shot will be dead. No way you catch the flu from a flu shot. If you get it, you were exposed before the shot.

HowardRoark
10-09-2009, 04:50 PM
The chances I'll ever buy an actual CD are slim to none, so I decided it's finally time to import the old CD collection onto the computer. What a pain in the ass this is going to be.

I have always thought that this would be a great business for a high school/college kid. Drop off a box of CDs and a computer for a few days and get it done.

mraynrand
10-09-2009, 05:00 PM

I have always thought that this would be a great business for a high school/college kid. Drop off a box of CDs and a computer for a few days and get it done.

My 12 year old daughter took care of mine - and I gave her 20 iTunes songs for her troubles.

Freak Out
10-09-2009, 05:14 PM
After having a small glass of Lagavulin aged in Pedro Ximenez casks I feel much better. It's never to early for Lagavulin.

mraynrand
10-09-2009, 05:16 PM
After having a small glass of Lagavulin aged in Pedro Ximenez casks I feel much better. It's never to early for Lagavulin.

I suppose that would do it for me too, if I knew what the hell you're talking about.

Freak Out
10-09-2009, 05:36 PM

I suppose that would do it for me too, if I knew what the hell you're talking about.

http://www.masterofmalt.com/whiskies/lagavulin-distillers-edition-1991-pedro-ximinez-finish-whisky/

This is another Scotch I love......I have to hide it from the wife.

http://www.laphroaig.com/whiskies/25yo/index.asp?expanded=25_year_old

MJZiggy
10-09-2009, 05:45 PM
It's 82 degrees on a Friday night after the worst week. My son and his bud, who he hasn't seen in weeks, are on the swingset catching up. The dogs are running around the yard and the cat is sitting at the door seriously pissed that he's an indoor cat. People are eating their non-halal halal and it's no longer my problem. There's a wonderful breeze blowing. I think I can finally relax.

Freak Out
10-09-2009, 05:46 PM
It's 82 degrees on a Friday night after the worst week. My son and his bud, who he hasn't seen in weeks, are on the swingset catching up. The dogs are running around the yard and the cat is sitting at the door seriously pissed that he's an indoor cat. People are eating their non-halal halal and it's no longer my problem. There's a wonderful breeze blowing. I think I can finally relax.

Let the damn cat out.

MJZiggy
10-09-2009, 05:49 PM

Let the damn cat out.

I don't want him catching any non-halal birds.

GrnBay007
10-09-2009, 06:07 PM

Grab a cocktail and relax!! :D

MJZiggy
10-09-2009, 06:17 PM

Grab a cocktail and relax!! :D

Stellar idea! Just popped open a bottle of Spatlese--never had it before and it is wonderful!

Iron Mike
10-09-2009, 08:51 PM
There's a wonderful breeze blowing. I think I can finally relax.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nRFZUB3NzGs

HowardRoark
10-10-2009, 07:23 AM
There's a wonderful breeze blowing. I think I can finally relax.

I woke up to snow all over the yard. It is too early.

Scott Campbell
10-10-2009, 09:00 AM

Or scanning pictures.

SkinBasket
10-10-2009, 09:31 AM

Or scanning pictures.

I think people do do that. Or they used to before people stopped buying CDs. That and now all you do is put the disc in and the software does the work for you. Music management software made it possible for even old people to burn CDs themselves without understanding what they were doing.

Partial
10-10-2009, 11:01 AM
Midas to do brakes on car: Probably 400.

Pop and I doing them in an hour: 75 dollars for rotors and ceramic brake pads.

Win.

My car is 8 years old now and hasn't had a single problem as I run mobile 1 in it and it's a civic. I'm hoping that I can get 15 years out of it, then treat myself to a Honda Pilot.

Scott Campbell
10-10-2009, 01:18 PM
Midas to do brakes on car: Probably 400.

Pop and I doing them in an hour: 75 dollars for rotors and ceramic brake pads.

Partial's blood curdling screams when they fail coming down a hill - priceless.

:lol:

I'm just kidding. We just had my truck done. The dealer wanted $400. Pep Boys wanted $300. So good for you for saving some loot.

retailguy
10-10-2009, 01:35 PM
People have repair work done at the dealer? :shock:

I had no idea.

GrnBay007
10-10-2009, 08:04 PM
Watching the Iowa/Michigan game.

GO HAWKS!!!!

swede
10-11-2009, 12:44 AM

Let the damn cat out.

Remindsme of a story:

Two unmarried sisters shared a house together and lived a very sheltered life. They never entertained men or frequented places containing men. They frowned upon off-color humor or racy, scandalous talk, and they even made sure that their female cat stayed inside, safe from marauding tomcats.

And then one of the sisters met a man, fell in love, got married, and went on a honeymoon. After a liitle more than a week the other sister received a post card. It said:

Dear Sister,

Am having an amazing time. Will be home in another week.

PS: Let the damn cat out!

Freak Out
10-12-2009, 08:39 PM
Why the hell did we pay people not to work today?

MJZiggy
10-12-2009, 08:54 PM
So I could have an easy commute for once?

retailguy
10-12-2009, 09:11 PM

Before it became politically incorrect, we used to celebrate the discovery of this country, even after we knew it was not historically accurate....

retailguy
10-12-2009, 09:13 PM
So I could have an easy commute for once?

I would personally like to thank you and the rest of the mass transit crowd. Your energy conservation leaves enough fuel for me to continue to drive to work by myself. I'm very grateful. Thank you so much.

MJZiggy
10-12-2009, 09:15 PM
It's actually faster. Except maybe for today. I probably could have used the drive too.

falco
10-12-2009, 09:16 PM

Before it became politically incorrect, we used to celebrate the discovery of this country, even after we knew it was not historically accurate....

wow, i don't even know where to go with this one RG. :lol:

SkinBasket
10-12-2009, 09:18 PM
I wish nutz was better at Gears of War.

Deputy Nutz
10-12-2009, 09:25 PM
How many times do I have to beat Street Fighter IV in front of you to show you how small your pecker is.

GrnBay007
10-12-2009, 09:26 PM
Just got home from shopping for the accessories for my daughter's homecoming dress. Talk about anxiety! When did homecoming dresses stop being cute and become sexy looking? :shock: :(

Freak Out
10-12-2009, 09:27 PM
Just got home from shopping for the accessories for my daughter's homecoming dress. Talk about anxiety! When did homecoming dresses stop being cute and become sexy looking? :shock: :(

Long ago.

Deputy Nutz
10-12-2009, 09:28 PM

When you became a mom.

But really, sex is getting younger and younger

retailguy
10-12-2009, 09:32 PM

Long ago.

Homecoming dresses have always been sexy. You used to want to be sexy, then you justified that by saying sexy was "cute". Now that it's your daughter, you are out of excuses.

Earlier this fall, we were in Kohl's picking out a jacket for our 13 year old. A young boy walked by and actually walked into a display checking her out....

I looked at him, and told him it would be a good idea if he started running... Never saw him again. :D

GrnBay007
10-12-2009, 09:32 PM

When you became a mom.

LOL...true!!

Yeah well, we're ok in that department. ....and hoping for another 3.5 years! :D

MJZiggy
10-12-2009, 09:35 PM
I just got a commitment for 6-8. HA!

Deputy Nutz
10-12-2009, 09:40 PM

When you became a mom.

LOL...true!!

Yeah well, we're ok in that department. ....and hoping for another 3.5 years! :D

That is not what I mean. The mainstream is selling it to girls at a younger and younger age. It is very hard when sex is pushed and bombed on these kids. This begins peer pressure, attention from young men, peck order established.

GrnBay007
10-12-2009, 09:43 PM
That is not what I mean. The mainstream is selling it to girls at a younger and younger age. It is very hard when sex is pushed and bombed on these kids. This begins peer pressure, attention from young men, peck order established.

Very, very true!!

SkinBasket
10-12-2009, 09:45 PM

Very, very true!!

nutz is very in tune to the lives of young girls. He reads Twilight.

Freak Out
10-12-2009, 09:47 PM

Very, very true!!

That's the kiss of death...almost like asking for a pizza stone from your girlfriend. :)

Deputy Nutz
10-12-2009, 09:50 PM

Very, very true!!

At least I don't read it outloud to my wife and vise versa.

falco
10-12-2009, 09:51 PM

Very, very true!!

for shame

SkinBasket
10-12-2009, 09:58 PM

Very, very true!!

for shame

You've never heard my interpretive version of Twilight before.

falco
10-12-2009, 10:02 PM

if it puts me to sleep better than CSPAN i'm in.

SkinBasket
10-12-2009, 10:05 PM

if it puts me to sleep better than CSPAN i'm in.

The best thing is, you don't even need to change the words, just how you read them. That book is just one giant pornographic eruption waiting to happen and I'm a tectonic plate with a literary omnipresent erection.

MichiganPackerFan
10-13-2009, 01:45 PM
Anyone ever feel like going back to work after taking a long weekend off is like a bad monday with double the amount of evil?

MJZiggy
10-13-2009, 06:33 PM
I wouldn't know. I worked yesterday.

Partial
10-13-2009, 10:31 PM
I thought I was a genius for thinking of producing a fireproof NAS storage solution. Turns out they already exist. What will they think of next?

GrnBay007
10-14-2009, 10:54 PM
Odd! My daughter doesn't seem thrilled with the idea of me volunteering to work at the Homecoming dance! :?: :twisted:

SkinBasket
10-15-2009, 10:05 AM
My kid really likes Airwolf. At first I was kind of apprehensive, but Airwolf's awesomeness overcame that right quick.

http://mortystv.com/showcards/airwolf.jpg

Deputy Nutz
10-15-2009, 10:37 AM
My kid really likes Airwolf. At first I was kind of apprehensive, but Airwolf's awesomeness overcame that right quick.

Your kids need to be taken away from you. There was nothing awesome about that show. your kid is now plagued for life having watched that show, he is now damned like the rest of us.

Zool
10-15-2009, 11:03 AM

Your kids need to be taken away from you. There was nothing awesome about that show. your kid is now plagued for life having watched that show, he is now damned like the rest of us.

You NEVER say anything bad about Stringfellow Hawk. I might just kill you now.

Deputy Nutz
10-15-2009, 12:15 PM
Stringfellow Hawk is as gay as Thunderdan.

Freak Out
10-15-2009, 04:05 PM
I want a free coat.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,566503,00.html?test=latestnews

SkinBasket
10-16-2009, 11:58 AM
I hope mraynrand comes back.

Freak Out
10-16-2009, 01:39 PM
I hope mraynrand comes back.

He left?

SkinBasket
10-16-2009, 01:45 PM
I understand and get the message. Good bye.

Haven't seen him since. But I think everyone here has a little Harlan in them, so hopefully he'll be back for the post game chat.

Tyrone Bigguns
10-16-2009, 01:55 PM

Haven't seen him since. But I think everyone here has a little Harlan in them, so hopefully he'll be back for the post game chat.

:shock:

Freak Out
10-16-2009, 01:56 PM

Damn.....I missed that. Sad to see him go...even though he's told me to fuck off many times. :lol:

Tyrone Bigguns
10-16-2009, 02:11 PM

Damn.....I missed that. Sad to see him go...even though he's told me to fuck off many times. :lol:

He'll be back, like a dog returning to his vomit.

MJZiggy
10-16-2009, 10:42 PM
Tomorrow is Saturday and I need a "to do" list--not the smallest item is to get some major stuff together for the school yard sale next weekend. If you want any of my junk, come on down!

HowardRoark
10-16-2009, 10:48 PM
If you want any of my junk, come on down!

Umm, is this legal in Maryland?

retailguy
10-17-2009, 12:11 AM
If you want any of my junk, come on down!

Umm, is this legal in Maryland?

unless you charge for it... :twisted:

retailguy
10-17-2009, 12:13 AM
Odd! My daughter doesn't seem thrilled with the idea of me volunteering to work at the Homecoming dance! :?: :twisted:

all the more reason to go! :D

MJZiggy
10-18-2009, 09:03 PM
My cat talks in his sleep...and the older dog snores. It's oddly noisy around here at night.

MJZiggy
10-21-2009, 08:00 PM
While I'm on the cat theme, it was a challenging day today, and last night an old boyfriend showed up in my e-mail (someone here called that one perfectly), so when I got home and sat my tired self down, my sweet little (ok, huge) cat hauled his ass onto my lap, leaned himself against my chest, purred REALLY loud and pressed his head into my hand. And I felt better.

Deputy Nutz
10-21-2009, 08:15 PM
I once punched a cat square in the face. Last time I will own a cat.

MJZiggy
10-21-2009, 08:18 PM
He didn't purr loud enough for you?

Deputy Nutz
10-21-2009, 08:24 PM
He didn't purr loud enough for you?

He tried to eat my wife. It was a big fuckng cat.

MJZiggy
10-21-2009, 08:27 PM
Well you're not supposed to bring a lion home...

Deputy Nutz
10-21-2009, 08:44 PM
Well you're not supposed to bring a lion home...

b
a
r
n

c
a
t

Bretsky
10-24-2009, 08:51 AM
B'Day party almost done; seven girls slept here last night
This is not how I imagined this.

I pictured one wife, a couple little boys...and well...maybe an occasional gal or two :lol:

MJZiggy
10-24-2009, 09:01 PM
In the last 10 days I've seen two movies: The Invention of Lying and Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs. Meatballs made more sense (we decided it was weird but ultimately entertaining). Ratbirds, he he.

Little Whiskey
10-25-2009, 11:36 AM
B'Day party almost done; seven girls slept here last night
This is not how I imagined this.

sounds like you got exactly what you wanted for your b-day!

MJZiggy
10-25-2009, 09:24 PM
If anyone's familiar with apple butter, I just got handed a case of the stuff. That's like a lifetime supply in this house.

Partial
10-26-2009, 01:11 AM
Tonight I learned that the Postal Service and Death Cab for Cutie share a lead singer. Two of the best bands around for quality background music while getting things done.

Tyrone Bigguns
10-26-2009, 04:54 AM
Tonight I learned that the Postal Service and Death Cab for Cutie share a lead singer. Two of the best bands around for quality background music while getting things done.

Welcome to 2003! Nice to have you here!

Postal Service do a money remake of the cheesetastic Phil Collins Against all Odds."

Damn, was Rachel Ward hot in that flick. Sigh.

MJZiggy
10-26-2009, 06:54 PM
It's late October. Why is there a mosquito in here?

Scott Campbell
10-26-2009, 06:58 PM

Because that's where the blood is.

retailguy
10-26-2009, 07:22 PM

that poor mosquito is going to starve at ziggy's house. :P

Brando19
10-27-2009, 05:23 PM

Gross.

MJZiggy
10-27-2009, 07:43 PM
My favorite pink breast cancer awareness Packers hat has disappeared. It went missing right around the time Harlan did. I smell something fishy!

Tyrone Bigguns
10-27-2009, 07:56 PM
My favorite pink breast cancer awareness Packers hat has disappeared. It went missing right around the time Harlan did. I smell something fishy!

Must..not...make.....joke...must...hold...back....

Deputy Nutz
10-27-2009, 08:45 PM

Deana Favre wanted back.

MJZiggy
10-27-2009, 08:48 PM
Well she took the wrong one, dammit. She coulda had the brand new one with the tags still on it that was hanging on the hook (for some reason the strap in back is different and catches in my hair). This was my soccer mom, yard work, hiking, Ravens watching sweaty hat. NOT replaceable.

Deputy Nutz
10-27-2009, 08:49 PM
Well she took the wrong one, dammit. She coulda had the brand new one with the tags still on it that was hanging on the hook (for some reason the strap in back is different and catches in my hair). This was my soccer mom, yard work, hiking, Ravens watching sweaty hat. NOT replaceable.

that hat must stink, nobody would want that.

MJZiggy
10-27-2009, 08:50 PM

Except me. Now what the hell am I supposed to wear to Ravens games???

Bretsky
10-27-2009, 10:18 PM

Except me. Now what the hell am I supposed to wear to Ravens games???

EZ ANSWER
nothing

nekked zigster :!:

SkinBasket
10-29-2009, 02:56 PM
Decent pirated software is getting harder and harder to find. Since most video encoding/authoring software out there sucks dirty monkey balls and "the man" has bought up every free reliable conversion tool that used to be out there, I really need to make sure something works before I pay real money for it.

Tyrone Bigguns
10-29-2009, 05:16 PM
Decent pirated software is getting harder and harder to find. Since most video encoding/authoring software out there sucks dirty monkey balls and "the man" has bought up every free reliable conversion tool that used to be out there, I really need to make sure something works before I pay real money for it.

You wouldn't have these problems if you bought a Mac.

Partial
10-29-2009, 05:18 PM

The man speaks the truth. iMovie is included fo' free, or you could upgrade to Final cut if you're serious. Are you encoding or cutting video?

HowardRoark
10-29-2009, 05:33 PM

http://mvictors.com/WordPress/images/2009/image_thumb62.png

Tyrone Bigguns
10-29-2009, 05:45 PM

The man speaks the truth. iMovie is included fo' free, or you could upgrade to Final cut if you're serious. Are you encoding or cutting video?

Hook, line, and sinker.

HowardRoark
10-29-2009, 06:36 PM
Happy Halloween

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8AEe1f74vC0

MJZiggy
10-29-2009, 06:38 PM
A man on the train had gas so bad that I caused me to get up early and wait by the door for my stop. :flm:

Scott Campbell
10-29-2009, 08:48 PM
A man on the train had gas so bad that I caused me to get up early and wait by the door for my stop. :flm:

Carpet bombed in an enclosed train car? What did you do to him?

MJZiggy
10-29-2009, 09:02 PM
Nothing, but he looked quite uncomfortable when I turned to apologize for stepping on his foot in my haste... :lol:

SkinBasket
10-29-2009, 09:20 PM

Both. I'm burning various file types of porn and compiling family videos.

Partial
10-29-2009, 09:26 PM

Handbrake (http://handbrake.fr/) will work for the encoding. It's a free piece of software built around the FFMpeg platform (I'm pretty sure). I use it to rip DVDs and convert them into H264 compressed vids. It can do a bunch of crap.

I don't know anything about cutting video.

retailguy
10-29-2009, 09:34 PM

I didn't realize that it was THAT easy to sit by myself on a crowded train.. :idea:

thanks for the idea.

Tyrone Bigguns
10-30-2009, 04:58 AM

I didn't realize that it was THAT easy to sit by myself on a crowded train.. :idea:

thanks for the idea.

Either that, or you could try talking with folks.

MichiganPackerFan
10-30-2009, 07:42 AM

PLEASE tell me they're not combined... :shock:

GrnBay007
10-30-2009, 10:41 PM

Bretsky
10-31-2009, 05:07 AM
Kids Halloween Party today
I've been losing weight and reflecting more on the meaningful things in life
Saw a couple college buddies last night and had Fish as the famous Fireside out of Fort Atkinson

I may go back to bed now and dream about mutliple chicks; it seems that the best dreams come in the second round of sleep in that last couple hours

retailguy
10-31-2009, 09:05 AM

thanks for the idea.

Either that, or you could try talking with folks.

I leave the tough stuff to you. You have a way about you....

Scott Campbell
10-31-2009, 10:09 AM
I've been losing weight and reflecting more on the meaningful things in life.

Skinamax marathon?

MJZiggy
10-31-2009, 03:49 PM
After getting a case of apple butter at our block party last week, courtesy of the local realtor, I came home today to find a jar of apple butter on the front step. I think it's officially become a lifetime supply.

Bretsky
11-01-2009, 10:02 AM
Went to a Halloween party last night; my wife was a sexy pirate while I was a tourist...gave me the perfect reason to take some great pix of all the young gals who were hooking up with other girls last night

Bretsky
11-01-2009, 01:19 PM
My recovery time after a strong night out of drining sucks

I use to be good for several nights in a row

MichiganPackerFan
11-01-2009, 02:10 PM
After getting a case of apple butter at our block party last week, courtesy of the local realtor, I came home today to find a jar of apple butter on the front step. I think it's officially become a lifetime supply.

If I had your address, I'd drop a couple jars off for you too :D

MJZiggy
11-01-2009, 02:18 PM
Wanna open a stand at Obama's farmers market?

Bretsky
11-01-2009, 02:20 PM
Wanna open a stand at Obama's farmers market?

Goverment subsidized so everything is pennies on the dollar :lol:

MJZiggy
11-01-2009, 02:27 PM
Got 'em for free--no way not to make a profit.

Partial
11-02-2009, 12:17 AM
Hulu is the greatest thing on the internet. Watching television on Hulu is an infinitely better experience than watching it via time warner cable, and still pretty far ahead of Dish Network (they have way better boxes than TW).

Partial
11-02-2009, 12:41 AM
Can you buy contacts online without a prescription? I know my prescription but its 13 months old, so legally expired by one month. I don't want to have to pay for another exam. My sister tried to do this but they called her eye doctor to verify her prescription and it was expired. I wonder if that was just that store, though.

Also, what are the best contacts these days? My current contacts are really crappy and dry out and irritate my eyes after like 8 hours. I've heard a lot of good stuff about the acuvue oasis. Any thoughts on the matter?

My new job has shitty optical insurance. The coverage amount is fine but its supported only at really crappy places like Stein optical and shit. Historically I've always worn Nautica or Ralph Lauren glasses. Now if I wanted to go that route they'd be like 350 bones. So, instead, I'm getting some Guess glasses from the mall. They'll be about 100 bucks and don't look as nice, but I guess they'll have to do. I'm not some pretentious dude but I must say the quality of eye doc I have access to now is a huge step down.

I really want my own apartment. I do not really want roommates but I also don't want to waste the money on a place by myself. Life is more complicated as an adult and it greatly bothers me. I would almost feel guilty renting a nice place at this stage of my life knowing I'm still paying off debt and don't have an emergency fund established yet. I don't know why I feel this way but it just doesn't seem right to rent a place by myself.

Bretsky, any word on them extending the tax credit for first time home buyers?

MJZiggy
11-02-2009, 06:04 AM
No. Every place will call. That's the law.

Scott Campbell
11-02-2009, 08:13 AM

I think they extended it, and not just for first timers. If you've been in your home for X years you'll get $6500. Can't remember what X is.

mraynrand
11-02-2009, 09:47 AM
Life is more complicated as an adult and it greatly bothers me.

Get used to it. 5 Cents please.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_XS_XW-pAwys/SYscXQQ1L9I/AAAAAAAAAGk/BLI1ssBS3hk/s200/psych-supp-peanuts.jpg

Little Whiskey
11-02-2009, 06:44 PM
Life is more complicated as an adult and it greatly bothers me.

just wait till you have kids, a wife, and a mortgage.

retailguy
11-02-2009, 07:14 PM

I think they extended it, and not just for first timers. If you've been in your home for X years you'll get $6500. Can't remember what X is.

It hasn't been extended yet, but they're talking about it. Here's the proposal...

http://blogs.wsj.com/developments/2009/10/29/qa-the-home-buyer-tax-credit-extension/

MichiganPackerFan
11-05-2009, 07:46 AM
Great quote from Jon Stewart:
"I celebrated Thanksgiving in an old-fashioned way. I invited everyone in my neighborhood to my house, we had an enormous feast, and then I killed them and took their land."

GrnBay007
11-05-2009, 10:28 AM
It hasn't been extended yet, but they're talking about it. Here's the proposal...

http://blogs.wsj.com/developments/2009/10/29/qa-the-home-buyer-tax-credit-extension/

Any idea what this means.....

Who gets the credit, and how much can they claim?
"First-time home buyers are eligible for up to $8,000 on the tax credit, which is the same as the current credit. The Senate version of the bill creates a new credit of up to $6,500 for homeowners who have lived in their homes for five years. That provision would start on Dec. 1".

5 years. Do they mean less than 5 years?

MichiganPackerFan
11-05-2009, 10:41 AM

"First-time home buyers are eligible for up to $8,000 on the tax credit, which is the same as the current credit. The Senate version of the bill creates a new credit of up to $6,500 for homeowners who have lived in their homes for five years. That provision would start on Dec. 1".

Im not experienced in this area of tax, but I would assume it's 5 years or more to be eligible for the reduced credit. That way there's a credit to get new people into the market and a credit to create stimulus among those who have been in their homes for a while.

GrnBay007
11-05-2009, 12:44 PM

Im not experienced in this area of tax, but I would assume it's 5 years or more to be eligible for the reduced credit. That way there's a credit to get new people into the market and a credit to create stimulus among those who have been in their homes for a while.

That would stink. Dec. 1st I will be in my home 4.5 yrs.

MichiganPackerFan
11-05-2009, 12:55 PM

That would stink. Dec. 1st I will be in my home 4.5 yrs.

They credit would only apply if you were purchasing a new home. Generally those laws are laid out to include ownership of five years or more (you would be eligible in June) and required period of time where it is your principle residence, similar to the exclusion of gain on a principle residence. Again, I haven't read the bill and I haven't seen that it passed (although a version of it likely will). Chat with your CPA and make sure you have the right period of time under your belt before you buy!!! These are my thoughts and NOT TAX ADVICE!!!

MichiganPackerFan
11-06-2009, 07:57 AM
The hypocrisy cracks me up:

"Mr Bono tear down this wall."
ANDREAS LINTZ,
a 24-year old German student, after U2 erected a 12ft barrier in Berlin's city center to keep out non-ticket holders to a concert held in honor of the 20th anniversary of the fall of the Wall

http://img.timeinc.net/time/quotes/2009/11/1106_bono.jpg

http://www.time.com/time/quotes/0,26174,1935910,00.html

GrnBay007
11-10-2009, 03:22 PM
On vacation this week and got a nice start on my x-mas shopping on an out of town shopping trip yesterday. :bclap:

mraynrand
11-10-2009, 03:58 PM
On vacation this week and got a nice start on my x-mas shopping on an out of town shopping trip yesterday. :bclap:

Not another bender in the Quad Cities?

Freak Out
11-10-2009, 04:33 PM
Rock Island will never be the same...... :cry:

retailguy
11-11-2009, 07:47 AM
Rock Island will never be the same...... :cry:

everybody knows that Keokuk is the party capital of Iowa... :lol:

GrnBay007
11-11-2009, 08:25 AM
:butt:

All 3 of you!!!!

:P

GrnBay007
11-12-2009, 12:29 PM
Crazy!! Staining my deck in November. Nothing like waiting till the last minute, eh? lol In my defense, hard to get these big projects done in the summer with getting time away from work and kids in sports. It's all clean and ready to go....got about a 2.5 hr window today with temps at 60 and sunny. May need a massage tonight!! :P

MJZiggy
11-12-2009, 06:41 PM
Could someone please explain to me why cats are so obsessed with yarn (of which I have an abundance here) and toilet paper (ditto)?

Freak Out
11-12-2009, 07:09 PM
Speaking of cats......Spike the friendly cat that lives down the alley has been MIA for about three weeks now. He used to visit everyday.......

MJZiggy
11-12-2009, 07:20 PM
He found better food? Wound up in the pound? You can always go check...(but then you'll wind up with a cat and won't be able to come out for Dogfish....)

Freak Out
11-12-2009, 07:30 PM
He found better food? Wound up in the pound? You can always go check...(but then you'll wind up with a cat and won't be able to come out for Dogfish....)

He never ate...even when we offered it. He had a home for food he just wanted the company and attention.

I think he got four wheeled or the eagle got him. :cry:

GrnBay007
11-12-2009, 11:48 PM
Went to a parent/coaches meeting tonight for football next year (starting pretty early). Man, can't believe my baby boy will be a freshman next year. Strength and conditioning will start in May and mini camps first of July. Didn't think to ask how they handle any overlap with baseball. Signed up to be a parent rep. Nobody could explain exactly what the duties are so I'm guessing it's a little bit of everything. Also signed up this year for parent rep for woman's varsity golf for my daughter. Hope my damn job doesn't get in the way of this fun stuff!!! :D

Bretsky
11-13-2009, 12:14 AM
Taking a much needed day off tomorrow to get away from work and spend time with the kids and better looking half.

GrnBay007
11-13-2009, 12:24 AM
Taking a much needed day off tomorrow to get away from work and spend time with the kids and better looking half.

Nice!! Gotta do that ...probably more often then we all do. Now don't be putting the kids to work and being all bossy...lol :wink:

MJZiggy
11-14-2009, 08:05 AM
Could someone please explain to me why cats are so obsessed with yarn (of which I have an abundance here) and toilet paper (ditto)?

No, really. I accidentally left a rather large ball out and woke up to a new "living room rug." I know knitting is fun, but he's just not that good at it even if he does have built in needles.

Freak Out
11-17-2009, 07:45 PM
Where the hell are all the 5870 video cards? Why did ATI even bother releasing hardware when they couldn't get the Chinese to make it for them?

Zool
11-17-2009, 08:32 PM
Where the hell are all the 5870 video cards? Why did ATI even bother releasing hardware when they couldn't get the Chinese to make it for them?

ATI has a faster chip currently but their driver support is horrible. They release an update weekly at least.

SkinBasket
11-17-2009, 08:47 PM
Speaking of dorky things, I just tore down my CECHA01 PS3, replaced the PSU, and took apart the BR drive to remove a disc and reset the drive to "unloaded" status. Amazingly enough, it works now. Now it's off to ebay.

Freak Out
11-17-2009, 09:18 PM
Speaking of dorky things, I just tore down my CECHA01 PS3, replaced the PSU, and took apart the BR drive to remove a disc and reset the drive to "unloaded" status. Amazingly enough, it works now. Now it's off to ebay.

I bow to your tyranny. :worship:

Freak Out
11-18-2009, 11:55 AM
I love being ill.....I love it so much I think I'll fill my Neti Pot with some MEK to flush my throbbing inflamed sinus cavity.....or just head to the sauna.

Freak Out
11-20-2009, 06:08 PM

ATI has a faster chip currently but their driver support is horrible. They release an update weekly at least.

So you can't buy a 5870 because of chip shortages but they go ahead and release the 5970? Vaporware at it's finest. ATI driver support has always been dicey....I ran a 4870 for awhile and I hated the fact that you needed the control center, a driver loader or some such thing as well as the driver.

Partial
11-20-2009, 06:42 PM

So you can't buy a 5870 because of chip shortages but they go ahead and release the 5970? Vaporware at it's finest. ATI driver support has always been dicey....I ran a 4870 for awhile and I hated the fact that you needed the control center, a driver loader or some such thing as well as the driver.

Omega drivers.

Freak Out
11-20-2009, 07:00 PM

Omega drivers.

Ya...I've used them but it shouldn't have to come down to that.

Partial
11-20-2009, 07:06 PM

Omega drivers.

Ya...I've used them but it shouldn't have to come down to that.

Agreed 100%.

retailguy
11-20-2009, 08:49 PM
just buy a mac. then your only choice will be apple. but you'll only be fighting with 8% of the market.

Partial
11-20-2009, 08:57 PM
just buy a mac. then your only choice will be apple. but you'll only be fighting with 8% of the market.

You'll have graphics drivers that work, though. After all, the device is useless without drivers, and it is not worth it when you have to spend time fighting with it week after week installing updates.

Freak Out
11-20-2009, 09:37 PM

You'll have graphics drivers that work, though. After all, the device is useless without drivers, and it is not worth it when you have to spend time fighting with it week after week installing updates.

I'm going to buy a pro after they release the new chipset in 2010....prolly the 15 incher. I have a bunch of windows rigs already and I can write it off so why not spend a little extra. :)

Partial
11-20-2009, 11:42 PM

I'm going to buy a pro after they release the new chipset in 2010....prolly the 15 incher. I have a bunch of windows rigs already and I can write it off so why not spend a little extra. :)

Nice! You're going to love it! Hopefully they have the Quad chips in them instead of the dualies. Quad core MBP would be sweet!!

Freak Out
11-24-2009, 11:41 AM
Damn.....cops are using tasers on 10 year old kids now.

MichiganPackerFan
11-24-2009, 12:16 PM

Damn, I wish I had thought of that. Must be tough taking care of a loud and obnoxious child.

Seriously though - link?

Freak Out
11-24-2009, 01:03 PM

Damn, I wish I had thought of that. Must be tough taking care of a loud and obnoxious child.

Seriously though - link?

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,575494,00.html?test=latestnews

MichiganPackerFan
11-24-2009, 01:26 PM

Seriously though - link?

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,575494,00.html?test=latestnews

After getting my share of my mothers sudden backhands from the front seat as a child (all well deserved, i'm sure), how bad can a taser be? If the taser was worse, that mother needs to hone her backhand technique. Maybe hire a tennis pro to help her work it out.

MJZiggy
11-24-2009, 07:26 PM
My mom never touched us. She just turned around and looked. And we shut up. Because if Dad pulled that car over...*shudder*

gex
12-02-2009, 09:49 PM
Secret Girlfriend on comedy central is awesome with a lotta hot chicks and ( just for B) lesbians too!

MJZiggy
12-05-2009, 11:11 AM
First snowfall of the year. Big fat fluffy flakes makes it look like a post card out there. It's very pretty from in here...

Brando19
12-05-2009, 08:55 PM
We had our first snowfall of the year today, as well. 4-5 inches. It was my two dogs first snow...they didn't know what to think. I don't think there's an inch of my yard without a dog track...haha...they were balls to the wall when we let them out this morning.

Partial
12-05-2009, 08:56 PM
We had our first snowfall of the year today, as well. 4-5 inches. It was my two dogs first snow...they didn't know what to think. I don't think there's an inch of my yard without a dog track...haha...they were balls to the wall when we let them out this morning.

Awesome, wish you had a video. I <3 watching dogs freak out. It's hysterical when they're like what the heck is this wite stuff.

Brando19
12-05-2009, 09:00 PM

Awesome, wish you had a video. I <3 watching dogs freak out. It's hysterical when they're like what the heck is this wite stuff.

Haha...no doubt...I'll have to post some pics when I get them on my computer and figure out how to post them. I love watchin dogs freak, too. Every dog has it's own personality....that's for sure.

GrnBay007
12-05-2009, 10:50 PM
Every dog has it's own personality....that's for sure.

lol yup. My dog (a female) gets all weird about the snow...doesn't like it. She tries to sneak in a pee pee on the deck rather then go through the snow to the yard to do her business. Biotch! :P

GrnBay007
12-05-2009, 11:04 PM
Got a 3 month membership for my son for a facility with indoor batting cages. Pricey but am very pleased so far. Added bonus of a personal coach working with him compliments of someone I work with. That part was free and he's an awesome coach.

It's amazing how different sports are now. My older brother excelled in baseball, basketball and mainly football (scholarships and the works) and back then there were no sports camps and all the extras they have now....and if there were, we didn't know about it.

Freak Out
12-07-2009, 07:08 PM
It's on Moondoggie...

http://www.prh.noaa.gov/hnl/pages/SRF.php

Should be some crazy surfing the next few days.

Bretsky
12-07-2009, 08:53 PM
Every dog has it's own personality....that's for sure.

lol yup. My dog (a female) gets all weird about the snow...doesn't like it. She tries to sneak in a pee pee on the deck rather then go through the snow to the yard to do her business. Biotch! :P

Chicks are difficult

Bretsky
12-12-2009, 07:43 AM
Taking Taylor to her last session of Basketball today; he's a bit of a heartbreaker. Tall girl with no interest whatsover. Praying the light turns on some day.

Freak Out
12-14-2009, 12:33 PM
This could turn ugly....the Hello Kitty Fembot.

http://www.engadget.com/2006/10/05/uncanny-valley-2-hello-kitty-edition/

oh.oh....

http://www.kokoro-dreams.co.jp/english/robot/act/der2.html

Bretsky
12-15-2009, 07:28 PM
Tiger Woods was bamming a dozen women on the side and they all thought they were his one mistress

HOW CAN a guy put up with 12 women ????????

Scott Campbell
12-15-2009, 07:50 PM
Tiger Woods was bamming a dozen women on the side and they all thought they were his one mistress

HOW CAN a guy put up with 12 women ????????

Is that a rhetorical question?

Bretsky
12-15-2009, 08:00 PM
wife is sending out business postcards; she remembered the old Seinfeldt show when George's girlfriend died from licking too many envelopes. I reminded her the life insurance was sub par; she said I could go for the money this time with a chick. I let her know no way............I'd go young.

MJZiggy
12-15-2009, 08:07 PM
Go for the money. With her gone, you're gonna need a nanny.

Tyrone Bigguns
12-15-2009, 08:26 PM
wife is sending out business postcards; she remembered the old Seinfeldt show when George's girlfriend died from licking too many envelopes. I reminded her the life insurance was sub par; she said I could go for the money this time with a chick. I let her know no way............I'd go young.

Go for the money, it is the only way you are gonna attract a young chick.

Freak Out
12-15-2009, 10:31 PM
Well....he lives in Wisconsin and from what I've seen they come pretty cheap. :lol:

SnakeLH2006
12-17-2009, 10:27 PM

Go for the money, it is the only way you are gonna attract a young chick.

...or just be good looking like Snake and have some cash at clubs and some personality/charisma. Chicks dig that too. Snake still does pretty well with chicks 10 years my former. I prefer that, in fact. If I'd have known the things I know now, 10 years ago when I was 19, I'd have married Tiger's wife and had better looking kids without the messy divorce......albeit with far less money and more leaked sex tapes. :shock: :lol:

SkinBasket
12-18-2009, 08:48 AM
I got the Christmas spirit and gave the waitress that remembers my son by name despite only seeing us once every 2 or 3 months a $20. I hope she doesn't blow it on meth. Actually I don't care what she blows it on to be honest. That's the true meaning of Christmas. Giving without precondition or judgment.

swede
12-18-2009, 04:55 PM
http://www.georgehart.com/bagel/bagel.html

Amaze your kids. annoy your spouse. Cut your bagel into a linked set of bagel rounds.

MJZiggy
12-18-2009, 09:14 PM
We are so doing that Christmas morning!

Iron Mike
12-18-2009, 10:05 PM
Happy Hannukah, PackerRats!!!!!

http://www.daveexmachina.com/gfx/2007/dreidel.jpg

Tyrone Bigguns
12-19-2009, 01:44 AM

how many days late? I'll wish you all a merry xmas december 30th. :oops:

HowardRoark
12-19-2009, 08:01 AM

C'mon Ty, it was a measuring error, you really don't celebrate that fairy tale, do you? I always assumed you were much more Enlightened.

MJZiggy
12-19-2009, 09:06 AM
They said if you put aluminum foil on the good chair, that cats don't like the feel of foil under their feet and will learn to stay off of it. I am currently looking across my coffee table at the cat who is getting comfy for a nap on top of the aluminum foil on my favorite chair. Ugly canvas slipcover, here we come!

Brando19
12-19-2009, 10:17 AM
HOLY CRAP! I'm totally snowed in. We got 24 inches of snow in 18 hours. My wife is stuck in town because she had to work late (she's staying at her grandmother's house) and I'm home alone with the dogs. My Kawasaki Mule bottomed out! Luckily, the power hasn't gone out yet, but we're expected to get a few more inches by nightfall. This is the worst snow we've had here in 15 years.

MJZiggy
12-19-2009, 10:25 AM
I know your pain. It left you and hit us. I'm stuck here unable to finish the Christmas shopping and my kid is stuck at his dad's house when all his friends live here.

swede
12-19-2009, 10:39 AM
They said if you put aluminum foil on the good chair, that cats don't like the feel of foil under their feet and will learn to stay off of it. I am currently looking across my coffee table at the cat who is getting comfy for a nap on top of the aluminum foil on my favorite chair. Ugly canvas slipcover, here we come!

In one of Dennis Leary's stand up routines he talks about his girlfriend's cat. In Leary's style of perpetual irritation he tells how he felt compelled to ask why there was a squirt gun on the coffee table. The girlfriend said that the cat had been climbing up the drapes. Over time, squirting the cat in the act would teach it not to climb the drapes. Leary takes a drag off his cigarette, squints against the smoke and observes that a pellet gun would steepen the learning curve.

Iron Mike
12-19-2009, 01:28 PM
I've got a Wesley Willis fixation goin' on.

http://userserve-ak.last.fm/serve/_/6327115/Wesley+Willis+wes.jpg

Rock over London.

Rock on Chicago.

Check the Jukebox.

Brando19
12-19-2009, 01:42 PM
Well my wife just managed to get home. It's so bad outside, on Interstate 77 there's been thousands of cars parked since 6 pm yesterday. My wife knows a couple that are on I 77 sleeping in their car! Crews are working to scrape the roads and hope to have them going tonight or in the morning.

MJZiggy
12-19-2009, 07:37 PM
It's a good thing I never saw Elf in the theater. But it's still snowing. I haven't seen snow like this since I left Wis. The one downfall of having a dish. It's buried. I am willing to bet, though, that in weather like this, cable's likely to be out anyway.

Brando19
12-19-2009, 08:18 PM
It's a good thing I never saw Elf in the theater. But it's still snowing. I haven't seen snow like this since I left Wis. The one downfall of having a dish. It's buried. I am willing to bet, though, that in weather like this, cable's likely to be out anyway.

I don't know...I've got over 2 feet outside and my cable is still working.

MJZiggy
12-19-2009, 10:06 PM
Ok, I turned the local news and some idiot "covering" the storm actually used the word "ginormous." Really. That's a word for forum use--not by a professional communicator.

HowardRoark
12-19-2009, 10:09 PM
Check out the ginormous hits that this 6 year old dishes out....#36.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XA7s3pQ1VFI

Tyrone Bigguns
12-20-2009, 01:00 AM

C'mon Ty, it was a measuring error, you really don't celebrate that fairy tale, do you? I always assumed you were much more Enlightened.

Has nothing to do with with whether i believe or celebrate, it is about respect.

HowardRoark
12-20-2009, 08:14 AM

Has nothing to do with with whether i believe or celebrate, it is about respect.

I applaud your new found respect, I am glad to see you have turned the page on your former attitudes. I look forward to respectful discussions with you on these subjects at some time in the future.

Tyrone Bigguns
12-20-2009, 03:59 PM

I applaud your new found respect, I am glad to see you have turned the page on your former attitudes. I look forward to respectful discussions with you on these subjects at some time in the future.

And, this post is exactly why you'll continue to get what you get.

HowardRoark
12-20-2009, 04:26 PM

Merry Christmas
http://www.imprintitems.com/sitewide/images/prod/0-drinkware-beakerandflaskmugs-beaker250ml400ml600ml1000ml2000ml_sm.jpg

Tyrone Bigguns
12-20-2009, 04:58 PM

Merry Christmas
http://www.imprintitems.com/sitewide/images/prod/0-drinkware-beakerandflaskmugs-beaker250ml400ml600ml1000ml2000ml_sm.jpg

proof positive

MJZiggy
12-22-2009, 10:19 PM
Just heard on the news talking about violations of a pregnancy policy in Iraq

"we presume the men weren't pregnant, but took part in the act that got people pregnant."

This is why I give newscasters zero credibility. To say something like that even because you think your audience is too stupid to know how men could be listed there...

Bretsky
12-23-2009, 12:19 AM
this thread about nothing seems to be taking on content overload lately so I'll leave you with a few empty thoughts and stories

My wife was upset at me for not slamming the front door to preserve our heat bill. Then she started a fire in the oven today so we had to open all of the doors and sliding doors (letting the cold blowing air into the house) to vent the smoke out. Wonder who got the last laugh on that one

My son use to be so cute in saying "ahuh" when he didn't want to do something. Now he's learned the word NO and it seems to be his favorite word. At least he's not dialing 911 anymore to cause police visits.

My older daughter who is in 3rd grade is very tall; but she's likes all the girly crap like crafty stuff.....4H...etc. How do I brainwash her to like sports ?

I took my younger daughter to a basketball game last week; she whispered that its one of her dreams to be a cheerleader. I joked that she should have bigger dreams

When I let me wife know that.........I told her the old high school saying

Those who can't play..........cheerlead

Merry Early Xmas to All and a Happy New Year !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Scott Campbell
12-23-2009, 06:00 PM
My wife was upset at me for not slamming the front door to preserve our heat bill. Then she started a fire in the oven today so we had to open all of the doors and sliding doors (letting the cold blowing air into the house) to vent the smoke out. Wonder who got the last laugh on that one.

If you're smart - she did.

Bretsky
12-26-2009, 10:55 AM
Bretsky is going to Vegas in January; Xmas gift was a getaway planned by wife. Front Row to Frank Caliendo (I'll be wearing the Brett Favre Pro Bowl Jersey) and she got a ticket for the dance show by the Girl Next Door Chick......unfortanately the show she bought that ticket for was cancelled so we'll have to find another show with half naked girls in it

MJZiggy
12-26-2009, 10:57 AM
Bretsky is going to Vegas in January; Xmas gift was a getaway planned by wife. Front Row to Frank Caliendo (I'll be wearing the Brett Favre Pro Bowl Jersey) and she got a ticket for the dance show by the Girl Next Door Chick......unfortanately the show she bought that ticket for was cancelled so we'll have to find another show with half naked girls in it

Shouldn't be that hard to do in Vegas...Just watch The Hangover before you go...

Bretsky
12-26-2009, 11:42 AM

Shouldn't be that hard to do in Vegas...Just watch The Hangover before you go...

she got that for me on DVD; that was one of the funniest movies we ever saw

Now if you know where those nekkid hot tub parties are.....let us know.....lol

MJZiggy
12-26-2009, 01:48 PM
Why I love DC: one week ago, we got blasted with 18 inches of snow. Today, the temperature hit 55 with rain and you can see the grass in most places (except where the snow plows packed the piles hard). Parts of my herb garden are still green. Saltambocca anyone?

Bretsky
01-03-2010, 12:24 PM
now that my camera man is back in Joe we can begin recruiting checks for the Grail video........ziggy...you still in ?? :lol:

MJZiggy
01-03-2010, 12:28 PM
now that my camera man is back in Joe we can begin recruiting checks for the Grail video........ziggy...you still in ?? :lol:

If you recall, I wasn't "in" in the first place.

Joemailman
01-03-2010, 02:34 PM
Ok, I turned the local news and some idiot "covering" the storm actually used the word "ginormous." Really. That's a word for forum use--not by a professional communicator.

So...are you saying that people who frequent forums are not professional communicators?

retailguy
01-03-2010, 02:43 PM

That's not how I remember it.

MJZiggy
01-03-2010, 03:03 PM
Alzheimers is kicking in...you should have that looked at as there are medicines that can slow it down a bit. :lol:

Bretsky
01-03-2010, 03:24 PM

That's not how I remember it.

Where is Red ? I bet he backs us up too; plus that's part of the persuasion I used to try to get Joe to come back :lol:

HowardRoark
01-04-2010, 09:19 PM
What ever happened to the cabover? I never see them anymore.

http://www.roadtransport.com/blogs/big-lorry-blog/Stenberg.jpg

Scott Campbell
01-05-2010, 07:30 AM
That's all they use in Europe.

retailguy
01-05-2010, 08:27 AM
That's all they use in Europe.

Doesn't conventional wisdom then say, "It ought to be good enough for us too?"

Freak Out
01-05-2010, 10:49 AM
One year in 90 seconds.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KBtdGalL-QE

mraynrand
01-05-2010, 01:05 PM
One year in 90 seconds.

I can't believe they forced those kids to stay out in the snow for 12 straight days - and to move extremely slow at that.

Freak Out
01-05-2010, 03:13 PM
One year in 90 seconds.

I can't believe they forced those kids to stay out in the snow for 12 straight days - and to move extremely slow at that.

Norwegians are cruel.

HowardRoark
01-05-2010, 09:02 PM
http://www.wwtdd.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/5dae8b2000005dc-509_468x689.jpg

MJZiggy
01-05-2010, 09:21 PM
Why would you do that to us?

Bretsky
01-05-2010, 09:27 PM
this is the thread about nothing; that was cruel Howard

HowardRoark
01-05-2010, 09:48 PM
The old stars.....each one is a setting sun.

Iron Mike
01-05-2010, 09:58 PM
The old stars.....each one is a setting sun.

QFT.

http://www.smoothcopy.com/images/donnienow.jpg

SkinBasket
01-05-2010, 10:09 PM
http://www.wwtdd.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/5dae8b2000005dc-509_468x689.jpg

If only we had this picture as a baseline of healthy body fat during the Partial/twoseven debate, maybe they would both still be here.

swede
01-05-2010, 11:21 PM
Is that who I think she was?

Tyrone Bigguns
01-06-2010, 12:32 AM
Photochop

Bretsky
01-08-2010, 08:25 PM
Home a few hours by myself tonight and decided to break out some cookie mix......mixed it up, egged it, estimated the butter.......and oh shit....crap was way too thin and I overbuttered it badly

recovered ok though. Got the flour out and added it manually and they at least turned out.

I think I need to stick to steak and seafood

Joemailman
01-08-2010, 08:36 PM
Or hire someone to do the baking for you.

http://www.rochardsbunnyranch.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2008/02/daisy-marie-sexy-cook3-1.jpg

Bretsky
01-08-2010, 08:41 PM
Or hire someone to do the baking for you.

http://www.rochardsbunnyranch.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2008/02/daisy-marie-sexy-cook3-1.jpg

mmm

that's my cookie :lol:

GrnBay007
01-15-2010, 07:23 PM
Son went to an 80's dance tonight and dressed like Billy Idol. LOL I had a great time putting together his outfit and doing his hair!! Pure white...lol I'd post a pic here if I knew how....he looked great! When I was out shopping for stuff I was surprised at the early to mid 20 year olds that didn't know who Billy Idol is. ...weird.

arcilite
01-15-2010, 07:24 PM
Son went to an 80's dance tonight and dressed like Billy Idol. LOL I had a great time putting together his outfit and doing his hair!! Pure white...lol I'd post a pic here if I knew how....he looked great! When I was out shopping for stuff I was surprised at the early to mid 20 year olds that didn't know who Billy Idol is. ...weird.

I'd have to google Billy Idol to figure out who he is

MJZiggy
01-15-2010, 07:42 PM
http://blogs.creativeloafing.com/the941/files/2009/12/billy-idol.jpg

GrnBay007
01-15-2010, 07:49 PM

Wow! Mid 20's ? lol

It was funny. We stopped at a hair salon today to get something good to keep his hair standing up. The beautician was cutting his hair a lil bit on top to help with our mission and I was telling her the story about the people in the store last night not knowing who Billy Idol is. Well she didn't know either. The guy sitting in the chair next to us was listening....probably in his late 30's, started singing (loudly) "White Wedding". Everyone in the shop started laughing.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_YJSlvn12arw/SnYUxGBqmFI/AAAAAAAAAD0/X2PKaUUwS4A/s400/billy_idol.jpg

arcilite
01-15-2010, 07:51 PM

Wow! Mid 20's ? lol

It was funny. We stopped at a hair salon today to get something good to keep his hair standing up. The beautician was cutting his hair a lil bit on top to help with our mission and I was telling her the story about the people in the store last night not knowing who Billy Idol is. Well she didn't know either. The guy sitting in the chair next to us was listening....probably in his late 30's, started singing (loudly) "White Wedding". Everyone in the shop started laughing.

Close...23.

GrnBay007
01-15-2010, 07:52 PM
http://blogs.creativeloafing.com/the941/files/2009/12/billy-idol.jpg

LOL well, my kid didn't dress that way!!!

More like the one I posted. He's a jock so this was completely out of character, but he likes to have fun like that.

MJZiggy
01-15-2010, 07:54 PM
I'm trying to make up for Shiancoe. :oops:

GrnBay007
01-15-2010, 07:56 PM
He drew the line at eye liner though....lol Guess I don't blame him. :P