PDA

View Full Version : OFFICIAL BRETT THE LIVING LEGEND THREAD

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46

Gunakor
08-31-2009, 07:23 PM
He is long in the tooth ?

Just a bit.

Rastak
08-31-2009, 07:24 PM

Just a bit.

He posed it as a question? LOL.....

BEARMAN
08-31-2009, 07:28 PM

Just a bit.

OMG, ... R U the grammer patrol ? :roll:

BallHawk
08-31-2009, 07:30 PM
Are Bearman and Mobb the same person?

BEARMAN
08-31-2009, 07:33 PM
Farves arm looks ok, that was a laser throw ! :shock:

Rastak
08-31-2009, 07:34 PM

Just a bit.

Actually the punctuation patrol.....lol....

BEARMAN
08-31-2009, 07:34 PM
Are Bearman and Mobb the same person?
NO !?! :twisted:

BEARMAN
08-31-2009, 07:35 PM

Just a bit.

Actually the punctuation patrol.....lol....

LMAO ! ok, Ok, OK, u win. :oops:

red
08-31-2009, 07:40 PM
that has to be grounding

how the hell do you let allen run that wide open?

BallHawk
08-31-2009, 07:43 PM
Nice commercial.

Gunakor
08-31-2009, 07:46 PM
Nice commercial.

I got a little chuckle out of that one too.

Tyrone Bigguns
08-31-2009, 07:48 PM
3rd and 13 and they hand off to Taylor? :oops:

denverYooper
08-31-2009, 07:50 PM
Man, DeMeco Ryans is all over the place.

BEARMAN
08-31-2009, 07:54 PM
Refs protecting lord faaaaaaRve ? Bad call ! :roll:

Tyrone Bigguns
08-31-2009, 07:58 PM
nfl.com says harrison to the vikes.

vikes doubling up on the geritol.

falco
08-31-2009, 07:58 PM
Favre looking very mediocre.

rbaloha1
08-31-2009, 07:59 PM
Any one else notice taking a sack just before Ryans was going to sack him? Jim Everrett relived?

Brando19
08-31-2009, 08:01 PM

Really? I couldn't find it on nfl.com. Is it official or a rumor?

Rastak
08-31-2009, 08:04 PM

Vikings have to pick up the blitz better.....he did have a nice throw in the corner and Harvin who really should have caught it.....other than that, offense isn't impressing me. How bout that defense though!

Tyrone Bigguns
08-31-2009, 08:06 PM

Really? I couldn't find it on nfl.com. Is it official or a rumor?

Bad post. Ignore. :oops:

Brando19
08-31-2009, 08:06 PM

Vikings have to pick up the blitz better.....he did have a nice throw in the corner and Harvin who really should have caught it.....other than that, offense isn't impressing me. How bout that defense though!

Defense looks good...although they're starting to give up some plays now. Adrian Peterson is unreal. Favre would be alot worse if it weren't for the threat of Peterson.

MOBB DEEP
08-31-2009, 08:07 PM
Wow, my frat bro vonta leach sighting

Administrator
08-31-2009, 08:09 PM
great catch by daniels.

Rastak
08-31-2009, 08:11 PM
great catch by daniels.

Nice drive overall.....

Administrator
08-31-2009, 08:13 PM
great catch by daniels.

Nice drive overall.....

Much better than the 1st two or three, that's for sure. Wonder what happened to Shaub's knee? That doesn't look really good.

Vikings D looked really good until this drive. They looked confused, not sure why.

falco
08-31-2009, 08:13 PM

Agreed, the ball to Harvin was pretty.

Run defense and pass rush is scary, but coverage still looks spotty.

Both teams look pretty evenly matched, but I'm not convinced Favre is the best QB on the vikings.

Rastak
08-31-2009, 08:15 PM
great catch by daniels.

Nice drive overall.....

Much better than the 1st two or three, that's for sure. Wonder what happened to Shaub's knee? That doesn't look really good.

Vikings D looked really good until this drive. They looked confused, not sure why.

Looked like his ankle actually...not so much confused as good execution by Houston.

Administrator
08-31-2009, 08:15 PM
If you're a packer fan, the good thing in all of this is that it delays the development of Booty. Even the Vikings management probably agrees that the Viking future isn't with Jackson, and probably isn't with Rosenfels.

falco
08-31-2009, 08:16 PM
If you're a packer fan, the good thing in all of this is that it delays the development of Booty. Even the Vikings management probably agrees that the Viking future isn't with Jackson, and probably isn't with Rosenfels.

I thought they brought Favre in so he could mentor Jackson the way he did for Rodgers... :lol:

falco
08-31-2009, 08:17 PM
Nice attempt by ESPN to make a Favre highlight reel... :)

Administrator
08-31-2009, 08:17 PM
great catch by daniels.

Nice drive overall.....

Looked like his ankle actually...not so much confused as good execution by Houston.

It was a pretty drive, that's for sure. It looked initially like they were putting a brace on his knee, now they're working on his ankle. Wonder if he twisted it and got the dreaded "high ankle sprain"?

Administrator
08-31-2009, 08:18 PM
Peterson is nuts. He looks in midseason form.

falco
08-31-2009, 08:18 PM
Peterson is scary good.

Administrator
08-31-2009, 08:19 PM

I thought they brought Favre in so he could mentor Jackson the way he did for Rodgers... :lol:

As long as they keep him away from Booty, I'm fine with that. :wink:

Tyrone Bigguns
08-31-2009, 08:21 PM
Wow, my frat bro vonta leach sighting

the word is fraternity..you wouldn't call you country a c@nt would you? :wink:

falco
08-31-2009, 08:22 PM
Pretty sure Rosenfels can do the check down and errant long bombs under pressure.

Tyrone Bigguns
08-31-2009, 08:24 PM
Pretty sure Rosenfels can do the check down and errant long bombs under pressure.

But would he look spectacular doing so?

falco
08-31-2009, 08:25 PM

Ah, you're right. The glare of the lights off the chrome of Favre's walker gives his throwing motion that extra bit of luster.

HowardRoark
08-31-2009, 08:26 PM

Spectacular bombs were Friday night. A nice change of pace.

denverYooper
08-31-2009, 08:26 PM

I thought that was "giving the receiver a chance to make a great play"

MOBB DEEP
08-31-2009, 08:28 PM
boo yah...PLENTY weapons on minnys squad..favre can afford to be mediocre for 1st time in career

falco
08-31-2009, 08:28 PM
Nice play by Chester. Horrible tackle by #26.

Rastak
08-31-2009, 08:29 PM
Make 'em pay for the constant blitz.......nice!

superfan
Favre looks pretty good tonight, definitely an upgrade at the position for the Vikes. He has thrown some bullets. Not all that consistent though.

Only a two game sample from what I've seen this preseason (Favre vs Texans, Rodgers vs Cardinals), but despite Favre's relatively good play, I have no doubt that Rodgers will be the best QB in the division this season.

Nice job by Chester Taylor to get in the endzone. Vikes overall are looking strong.

Fred's Slacks
nice play by taylor.

Zool
Good run by Taylor. He'd start on quite a few other teams.

Some really fine "tackling" by Houston on that drive.

falco
I can't wait for the regular season showdown..... the intensity will be amazing.

Rastak, should be a good year for our rivalry. Heres to hoping Favre gets to play in Lambeau this January....

Partial
08-31-2009, 08:30 PM
Alright, the guys at ESPN need to cool the love fest. I have little tolerance for bs.

MOBB DEEP
08-31-2009, 08:31 PM
but despite Favre's relatively good play, I have no doubt that Rodgers will be the best QB in the division this season.

correction; Rodgers is best qb in entire nfc behind brees...

falco
Favre looks pretty good tonight, definitely an upgrade at the position for the Vikes. He has thrown some bullets. Not all that consistent though.

I disagree. Favre had two good throws (to Harvin in the end zone and the 3rd down conversion on the last drive). Otherwise he looks rusty to me. All the checkdowns and Taylors nice play make his stats look better than they are.

Tyrone Bigguns
Alright, the guys at BSPN need to cool the love fest. I have little tolerance for bs.

fixed

falco
08-31-2009, 08:32 PM
but despite Favre's relatively good play, I have no doubt that Rodgers will be the best QB in the division this season.

correction; Rodgers is best qb in entire nfc behind brees...

I'm going to give it a little more time, but I have a feeling you may be right.

MOBB DEEP
08-31-2009, 08:32 PM
Alright, the guys at ESPN need to cool the love fest. I have little tolerance for bs.

LOL..."great look off by favre"

been that way for years tho pal so it shouldnt bother u any longer

Tyrone Bigguns
08-31-2009, 08:33 PM

I disagree. Favre had two good throws (to Harvin in the end zone and the 3rd down conversion on the last drive). Otherwise he looks rusty to me. All the checkdowns and Taylors nice play make his stats look better than they are.

I was going to say the same thing.

Amazing how 2 people can watch the same thing and reach 2 diff conclusions.

But, then again...pretty good may not be that much of a compliment from superfan. He did say "not all that consistent."

MadScientist
08-31-2009, 08:33 PM
It's in the contract for the #3 guy to suck up to Favre. At least this guy is somewhat less annoying than Korny while doing it.

Partial
08-31-2009, 08:34 PM
How is Matt Schaub a starter. He sure does love to Chad Pennington the ball in there. OD is phenomenal. Wish he was a Packer.

MOBB DEEP
08-31-2009, 08:35 PM
Is favre done for the night?

superfan
08-31-2009, 08:35 PM

My expectations must have been lower. :) He's thrown a few bullets that have been on target, and I wasn't sure he could do that, with the reports of him having a cracked rib going into this game.

Matt Schaub back in the game. This is a bad night for me to update my fantasy rankings. I keep moving Schaub up and down.

falco
08-31-2009, 08:37 PM
Cris Carter - "that's why training camp is important"

superfan
08-31-2009, 08:38 PM

But, then again...pretty good may not be that much of a compliment from superfan. He did say "not all that consistent."

All about expectations. I was expecting lousy, he's looked like an NFL starting QB, and he hasn't thrown a pick. You guys are just spoiled after watching Rodgers. :)

Rastak

My expectations must have been lower. :) He's thrown a few bullets that have been on target, and I wasn't sure he could do that, with the reports of him having a cracked rib going into this game.

Matt Schaub back in the game. This is a bad night for me to update my fantasy rankings. I keep moving Schaub up and down.

Actually bruised ribs I'm guessing. I wasn't super impressed with the offense. They did get 17 points in a half...and the Texans didn't sniff the 50 yard line until 7 minutes left, although they then put up 10 points.

Tyrone Bigguns
Houston titans...LOL

falco
08-31-2009, 08:39 PM

All about expectations. I was expecting lousy, he's looked like an NFL starting QB, and he hasn't thrown a pick. You guys are just spoiled after watching Rodgers. :)

I think Favre will have some good games this year. I just believe that the Vikes would probably be better off with Jackson OR Rosenfels.

Had Favre been on board since the first minicamp, I might feel differently.

Kiwon
08-31-2009, 08:39 PM
Weird. Just don't like seeing Farve in purple.

He played okay. Vikes versus the Pack should be two good wars.

Rastak
08-31-2009, 08:40 PM
Weird. Just don't like seeing Favre in purple.

It's friggen weird, I'll give you that.......bizzaro world made real.

MOBB DEEP
08-31-2009, 08:40 PM
pretty good QB rating for favre this half

but lets end the nonsense/debate NOW ppl; RODGERS IS A BETTER QB THAN FAVRE IS AFTER LORD'S PLAYED TWO DECADES...duh

Tyrone Bigguns
08-31-2009, 08:41 PM

It was your terminlogy...pretty good. I haven't see anything 2nite outta favre that sage couldn't do.

Arod: ty holds no stock in the preseason. Not super impressed by beating the cards. they got on a run, but they aren't that good..and their d isn't for sure.

Much closer to eight and eight than ten and six last year.

MOBB DEEP
08-31-2009, 08:41 PM

qft...

favre done for the night?

rbaloha1
08-31-2009, 08:42 PM
Favre still displays a quick release, pocket awareness and a fast ball within the 20 yard area.

superfan
08-31-2009, 08:43 PM
but lets end the nonsense/debate NOW ppl; RODGERS IS A BETTER QB THAN FAVRE IS AFTER LORD'S PLAYED TWO DECADES...duh

Agreed. Didn't mean it as a dig on #4, just reporting on the only two games I've seen this preseason.

Rastak
08-31-2009, 08:44 PM

qft...

I would think so, yes.

MOBB DEEP
08-31-2009, 08:44 PM
Favre still displays a quick release, pocket awareness and a fast ball within the 20 yard area.

ala elway with terrell davis

2 words: game manager...

MOBB DEEP
08-31-2009, 08:45 PM

qft...

I would think so, yes.

So no more playing until week 1? I dont like that...

superfan
08-31-2009, 08:46 PM
Actually bruised ribs I'm guessing.

From WCCO.com (in Minneapolis):

Report: Favre Believes He May Have Cracked Rib

Vikings quarterback Brett Favre says he might have a cracked rib, although it didn't prevent him from starting against the Texans.

Favre told ESPN before Monday night's game at Houston that he hasn't received an official diagnosis but that taking a deep breath caused him some discomfort. He also doesn't plan to wear any kind of special padding, saying "the damage is done."

Favre didn't appear to be in any pain when he handed off to Adrian Peterson on the first play of the game, and Peterson scored on a 75-yard run.

Favre was expected to play the entire first half against the Texans. He wasn't listed on the injury report, and none of his teammates mentioned the injury before the game.

The three-time MVP signed a $25 million deal with the Vikings on Aug. 18.

rbaloha1
08-31-2009, 08:48 PM

Agreed. Favre's ego will screw it up though. Recall Sherman tried the same with Ahman Green.

Rastak
08-31-2009, 08:48 PM
I'm guessing bruised or he'd have had a flak jacket......

rbaloha1
08-31-2009, 08:49 PM
I'm guessing bruised or he'd have had a flak jacket......

Favre refuses to play with any rib protection.

]{ilr]3
Anyone else see Favre and T-Jack after Favre's 2nd sack. They cut away in a hurry but it looked like T-jack was saying something to the effect "I could have gotten away from that Biatch!"

MOBB DEEP
favre lobbying to get back in

WARRIOR

rbaloha1

WARRIOR

Let him get hurt then.

MOBB DEEP
08-31-2009, 08:50 PM

Agreed. Favre's ego will screw it up though. Recall Sherman tried the same with Ahman Green.

yes...

MOBB DEEP
08-31-2009, 08:50 PM

WARRIOR

Let him get hurt then.

lol

superfan
08-31-2009, 08:52 PM
It was your terminlogy...pretty good. I haven't see anything 2nite outta favre that sage couldn't do.

Arod: ty holds no stock in the preseason. Not super impressed by beating the cards. they got on a run, but they aren't that good..and their d isn't for sure.

Much closer to eight and eight than ten and six last year.

Yeah, maybe "pretty good" was a bit strong - especially since I consider the average Peyton Manning game "pretty good". "Decent" would have been a better choice of words.

There was a play or two where he stepped up into the pocket and fired a bullet that brought back warm fuzzies of the Favre of old.

Andre Johnson is good. And pretty nice throw from Orlovsky - even if he made the wrong throw and should have gone to the more open receiver. Poor coverage by the Vikes.

Rastak
08-31-2009, 08:54 PM
I'm guessing the fact that Carl Paymah is on the field at this point means McCauley is on the way out. I figured Paymah was signed strictly for special teams (he led the Broncos in special teams tackles the last couple years from what I heard).

Tyrone Bigguns
08-31-2009, 08:56 PM
I'm guessing the fact that Carl Paymah is on the field at this point means McCauley is on the way out. I figured Paymah was signed strictly for special teams (he led the Broncos in special teams tackles the last couple years from what I heard).

This is the type of post that belongs in a vikings forum. :lol:

Rastak
08-31-2009, 08:57 PM

This is the type of post that belongs in a vikings forum. :lol:

True dat.

edit: I mistook this as a game thread........ :D

falco
08-31-2009, 08:58 PM
When it comes to Favre and Chilly, its pretty obvious who is the pitcher and who is the catcher.

gbpackfan
08-31-2009, 08:58 PM

I couldn't agree more. The entire half I was thinking "couldn't Sage Rodentfur do this?" Kind of sad to see the old man reduced to a check down superstar.

That throw to Percy Harvin was nice. Harvin has to be able to make that catch.

superfan
08-31-2009, 08:59 PM
Looks like most of the starters are still in there on both sides of the ball.

falco
08-31-2009, 09:00 PM
I couldn't agree more. The entire half I was thinking "couldn't Sage Rodentfur do this?" Kind of sad to see the old man reduced to a check down superstar.

The difference is, Favre is just a one year rental. Even if he takes them to the big game, where are they next year? If Rosenfels is Favre's equivalent, then maybe he can be your guy for awhile.

Rastak
08-31-2009, 09:01 PM

The difference is, Favre is just a one year rental. Even if he takes them to the big game, where are they next year? If Rosenfels is Favre's equivalent, then maybe he can be your guy for awhile.

Maybe for a year or two.

superfan
08-31-2009, 09:02 PM

McCauley with the pick. :)

packerbacker1234
08-31-2009, 09:03 PM
Looks like Favre will get 1 more series. I haven't been blown away, but what I am seeing is exactly what the vikings wanted at the position: Stability.

Favre hasn't forced anything, had a nice looking pass off the tips of Harvin's fingers, and he looks just really comfortable being back in this offense.

With that decent defense and arguably the best running game in the entire NFL, people are getting it right. Game manager. That is all #4 really has to do. He'll still throw some bad picks this year, but maybe he has enough left to counter act it with some 2 minute drives to win the game, or with a few big plays.

Honestly, I understand why Favre may have wanted to go to minnesota outside of playing hte pack: They are a great fit for where he is in his career.

superfan
Wow, Favre is still in there. Why?

Partial
Favre looks pretty good so far since I've started watching, but the bspn guys are ott.

Rastak
08-31-2009, 09:05 PM

McCauley with the pick. :)

I saw that. I may have been hasty......

MOBB DEEP
08-31-2009, 09:06 PM
old man moved quick there

falco
08-31-2009, 09:06 PM
Nice play by the old man.

Partial
08-31-2009, 09:07 PM
Favre has looked pretty awesome on this drive.

gbpackfan

Maybe for a year or two.

The problem I have with the Vikings is that they refuse to stick with a QB. Sometimes you just have to go out and develop a guy. They'd start T-Jack and then pull him after a number of games. They traded for Sage and then they went out and got Favre. Stop renting guys and get a franchise QB! Yes, you may go through a rough patch for a year or two, but guys need time to develop. It just never seemed like the Vikings were 100% committed to T-Jack. Find a guy AND STICK WITH HIM!

Maybe Rastak feels differently.

MOBB DEEP
favre 11 for 15

completed last 6

BEARMAN
Faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarve of old ? Solid play, good generalship of the game, will this guy ever slow down ? :roll:

superfan
08-31-2009, 09:08 PM
I saw that. I may have been hasty......

Ehh, it's preseason, that's how it goes. Difficult to take much from these games. I doubt NFL coaches would make a roster decision based on that one bank shot pick.

Rastak

Because he likely won't play Friday and he missed offseason and camp. He needs the reps.

Partial
Vikes look pretty dominant from a ground game perspective.

falco
08-31-2009, 09:09 PM

Because he likely won't play Friday and he missed offseason and camp. He needs the reps.

That, and a nice scoring drive will help built confidence.

falco
Favre is such a dirty player. Glad he is not on our team. :lol:

MOBB DEEP
favre wreckn cats, puttn em down with crushing blocks!

MOBB DEEP
08-31-2009, 09:10 PM
Favre is such a dirty player. Glad he is not on our team. :lol:

lol...

superfan
08-31-2009, 09:10 PM

True, but still risky for a game that means basically nothing.. Especially when he is throwing crackback blocks, leading with the passing shoulder. :)

BEARMAN
08-31-2009, 09:11 PM
Took out two of them ! :shock: Cheep shot ? :shock: WTF ?

falco
I'd take out Favre now before some gives him payback.

Partial
I suspect they pull Favre now. It's getting nasty. Favre throws a dirty low block (which the guys leg bent all gross like) and then a vike just got F'n stuck. Time to pull the geizer.

MOBB DEEP
08-31-2009, 09:12 PM
Vikes look pretty dominant from a ground game perspective.

qft..

and short passing game

falco
08-31-2009, 09:13 PM
Favre will be fun to watch this year. Fo sho.

superfan
08-31-2009, 09:15 PM
Vikes have potential to really do some damage out of the AP/Harvin Wildcat this season, although I'm not sure I would want #4 spread wide in that formation. Despite his Ironman reputation.

Tyrone Bigguns
08-31-2009, 09:15 PM

funny, i was thinking the exact opposite.

dinking and dunking...fun. the vikes may win games, but BORING.

packerbacker1234
08-31-2009, 09:20 PM

funny, i was thinking the exact opposite.

dinking and dunking...fun. the vikes may win games, but BORING.

Well, the last drive was pretty much killed due to penalties. But, Favre was pretty sharp. Looked pretty good scrambling and keeping plays alive, and showed some real good zip and location. The one pass to Shanco(sp?) out of the endzone that was called back due to penalty was perfect location. Anywhere else and that ball is picked.

Rastak
08-31-2009, 09:22 PM

True, but still risky for a game that means basically nothing.. Especially when he is throwing crackback blocks, leading with the passing shoulder. :)

Lame block but I'm guessing his wildcat experience is rather nil.....

Rastak
08-31-2009, 09:23 PM
Vikes have potential to really do some damage out of the AP/Harvin Wildcat this season, although I'm not sure I would want #4 spread wide in that formation. Despite his Ironman reputation.

Agree....that's the only role I'd give Jackson all year.

falco
08-31-2009, 09:24 PM

I remember him lining up out wide with the Jets last year.

Rastak
08-31-2009, 09:25 PM
Falco, didn't know that.

falco
08-31-2009, 09:26 PM
Not sure how often it happened, but I do recall seeing it once. Favre seemed to get a kick out of it.

falco
08-31-2009, 09:26 PM
So Ras, what's your take? You on the bandwagon?

falco
08-31-2009, 09:28 PM
http://deadspin.com/5097128/blame-the-wildcat-favre-is-a-wide-receiver-and-fisher-is-skydivingand-mcnabb-is-benched

Rastak
08-31-2009, 09:28 PM

Favre bandwagon? Not yet. I was iffy on it all along. Really like the run game , defense and special teams.

falco
08-31-2009, 09:31 PM

Favre bandwagon? Not yet. I was iffy on it all along. Really like the run game , defense and special teams.

Agreed. Going to be some great matchups in the north this year.

Bretsky
08-31-2009, 09:32 PM
Who is Ian Johnson playing for ? His chearleader wife is a cutie

Rastak
08-31-2009, 09:35 PM

He's fighting for the Vikings 3rd back.

Fritz
08-31-2009, 09:37 PM
I've read through the game thread stuff but have not watched the game...I keep seeing you guys say "game manager" in reference to Favre.

A twelve million dollar a year game manager? Wow.

Bretsky
08-31-2009, 09:37 PM

Took stones to propose on TV; historically the Vikings lack stones :lol:

They will probably cut him

Rastak
08-31-2009, 09:39 PM

I think he's behind Albert Young so practice squad is very likely.

Tyrone Bigguns
08-31-2009, 09:41 PM

Ty has had kidney stones...think they could use me. I got plenty of stones.

Waldo
08-31-2009, 09:53 PM

McCarthy ran it in GB in '07 with Driver. Before it was the Wildcat. Back then it was just MM being creative.

I think that his use of WR's in the backfield to block ('08 development) is a better/safer way to attack box count and matchups than the wildcat. I wonder who is gonna bust that out this year, be lauded as creative, and given credit for its creation.

BEARMAN
08-31-2009, 10:09 PM
I've read through the game thread stuff but have not watched the game...I keep seeing you guys say "game manager" in reference to Favre.

No INT's, Not great numbers, but ok, he "managed" the game well. Not the faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarve of old, but ok. :wink:

MOBB DEEP
08-31-2009, 10:41 PM
GREAT shout out favre jus gave antonio freeman (my all time fav) during presser

sheepshead
08-31-2009, 10:53 PM
Geez a Viking game thread?? Looked like the Pack offense for sure. Favre looked ok, mark my words, his career will end ON the football field the last time we will see him in a jersey will be on a golf cart!

Scott Campbell
08-31-2009, 10:58 PM
I thought he played very well tonight.

sheepshead
08-31-2009, 11:05 PM
I thought he played very well tonight.

Not too vanilla? Any rush he just collapsed. Maybe the worst D in the league. I'm not sure he is the leader of that team yet as was the case in New York. The difference here is he has less time in camp and I think there is a larger anti Favre group in the locker room then there was in NYC. It could all go well, but I just have a feeling an implosion is possible in Minneapolis.

Freak Out
08-31-2009, 11:25 PM

Chump change.....these guys want to win and if Favre stinks or get hurt early they still have Rosencrapper or Jackson to rise from the ashes.

Chevelle2
08-31-2009, 11:33 PM
Favre was 1/4 on passes over 10 yards. Teams are gonna start playing closer to the line of scrimmage, and more intermediate, and he is gonna have to start going deeper.

Fosco33
09-01-2009, 08:26 AM
It all makes sense now... :lol:

"Two weeks ago,'' Brett Favre said, walking out of Reliant Stadium late Monday night, "I was weed-eatin.' I mean, to come out here and move around this way and make a few throws, I'm pretty happy with it.''

Pugger
09-01-2009, 10:33 AM
I didn't see much of the game (hate Bf in that hideous purple getup). But I have question to those who watched it: is MN that good or is Houston that bad?? Is this the same MN team that was beaten by KC last week?

Chevelle2
09-01-2009, 10:53 AM
I didn't see much of the game (hate Bf in that hideous purple getup). But I have question to those who watched it: is MN that good or is Houston that bad?? Is this the same MN team that was beaten by KC last week?

Things that may give you a better indiciation of how the game played out:

-Houston missed alot of tackles on MIN receivers
-Chester Taylor was MINs leading receiver (shows you Favre was in checkdown mode a lot)
-Favre was 1/4 over 10 yards
-Favre managed the game well, but thats all he did, manage.

Cheesehead Craig
09-01-2009, 11:33 AM
Houston has run defense issues. New Orleans ate them up and it's a concern for them. I was pretty sure that AP and Co were going to eat them up on the ground. So it was a bad matchup for Houston to play against that good of a run team. Even taking out AP's 75 yd run, MN avg well over 4 ypc (I'm not counting Rosenfels kneeldowns at the end of the game).

mngolf19
09-01-2009, 01:03 PM

-Chester Taylor was MINs leading receiver (shows you Favre was in checkdown mode a lot)

Uh, MN beat KC last week. Berrian didn't play and he is their deep threat. Their starting RT only played the first series(albeit a good one). Backup WR's were in by 2nd qtr. Favre managing the game is all he is going to be asked to do. Don't expect many games with over 225 yds. And Chilly always goes with the vanilla offense and defense in preseason. Not much to learn from this other that Favre getting some timing down with receivers and some work in "real" conditions.

Pugger
09-01-2009, 01:17 PM

Uh, MN beat KC last week. Berrian didn't play and he is their deep threat. Their starting RT only played the first series(albeit a good one). Backup WR's were in by 2nd qtr. Favre managing the game is all he is going to be asked to do. Don't expect many games with over 225 yds. And Chilly always goes with the vanilla offense and defense in preseason. Not much to learn from this other that Favre getting some timing down with receivers and some work in "real" conditions.

:oops: My bad. I didn't see that game either. :doh:

GBRulz
09-01-2009, 06:17 PM
It makes me sick seeing him in purple, but I think he actually played very well last night. It makes me feel a little better knowing that MN has really bad receivers, though! At least from what I saw last night. One of them dropped a perfectly thrown pass that should have been a TD. I think Favre is going to suffer bc he doesn't have the elite WR corp that he had in GB his last season here.

MOBB DEEP
09-02-2009, 03:49 PM
WOW...lord favre's debut in purple at prime time was the highest rated pre season game EVER on espn! The game rated a whoping 6.0 :shock:

Folk talk about how sick they are of him but cant get enough. Must see TV

Golic said he's "going to go out on a limb and say people didnt tune in to watch matt schaub!" LOL

Scott Campbell
09-02-2009, 04:04 PM
And Chilly always goes with the vanilla offense and defense in preseason.

Vanilla. Exactly how I'd describe Favre in the wildcat.

mission
09-02-2009, 04:14 PM

Couldn't think of a better description myself ... 3rd quarter no less!

MOBB DEEP
09-02-2009, 06:53 PM
Chilly says lord will not play in last preseason game v cowpukes...

DAYUM...!

MOBB DEEP
09-02-2009, 06:54 PM

Couldn't think of a better description myself ... 3rd quarter no less!

LOVE the avatar atlien and that lil gesture they do...priceless imo

MOBB DEEP
09-02-2009, 07:02 PM
It makes me sick seeing him in purple, but I think he actually played very well last night. It makes me feel a little better knowing that MN has really bad receivers, though! At least from what I saw last night. One of them dropped a perfectly thrown pass that should have been a TD. I think Favre is going to suffer bc he doesn't have the elite WR corp that he had in GB his last season here.

Think again GB; Berrian avgd about 20 yrds a reception, harvin is a flat out stud, and the TE rivals keith jackson (my frat brother)....and im assuming lord will be using chester quite a bit in the short passing game while "managing" the offense

MOBB DEEP
09-02-2009, 07:05 PM
oh snap, LT just said he's the best back in NFL b/c All Day peterson has to come out on passing downs and cant run routes, etc

i like em both

mngolf19
09-02-2009, 07:40 PM

It's one play. I'm sure the fact that they never ran it before and didn't have Harvin before had nothing to do with that. :roll:

MOBB DEEP
09-02-2009, 07:50 PM

oh, and favre hater tarkenton states that vikes are most talented team in ENTIRE nfl

i think pats tho

Tyrone Bigguns
09-02-2009, 07:55 PM

Think again GB; Berrian avgd about 20 yrds a reception, harvin is a flat out stud, and the TE rivals keith jackson (my frat brother)....and im assuming lord will be using chester quite a bit in the short passing game while "managing" the offense

1. Nobody uses the term elite around berrian, regardless of ypc. One season of 20 ypc and less than 50 receptions doesn't make you elite.
2. Harvin. You dont' call a rookie a flat out stud, until they have proven it. If harvin is a flat out stud, then Jennings is an out of this world HOF.
3. Listen, you arent' in college anymore, and nobody cares about who your frat brother was. Not to mention that unless you actually were in the same chapter it sounds ridiculous. If KJ doesn't recognize you on the street, stop talking as if you know him or that your fraternal bond is strong.

Please let us know about your "brother" Vince when he is mailing it in again, when shaq drops a few, or they aren't cheating on their wives like McNair or Justice.

Lastly, q-dogs suck.

4. Shiancoe rivals KJ. Statements like that show why you couldn't be an alpha phi alpha. Ty thinks you may have struggled to make that 2.5 gpa necessary for membership.

SMACKTALKIE
09-02-2009, 11:42 PM

1. Nobody uses the term elite around berrian, regardless of ypc. One season of 20 ypc and less than 50 receptions doesn't make you elite.
2. Harvin. You dont' call a rookie a flat out stud, until they have proven it. If harvin is a flat out stud, then Jennings is an out of this world HOF.
3. Listen, you arent' in college anymore, and nobody cares about who your frat brother was. Not to mention that unless you actually were in the same chapter it sounds ridiculous. If KJ doesn't recognize you on the street, stop talking as if you know him or that your fraternal bond is strong.

Please let us know about your "brother" Vince when he is mailing it in again, when shaq drops a few, or they aren't cheating on their wives like McNair or Justice.

Lastly, q-dogs suck.

4. Shiancoe rivals KJ. Statements like that show why you couldn't be an alpha phi alpha. Ty thinks you may have struggled to make that 2.5 gpa necessary for membership.

Go easy Ty. You only need a 2.25 to be a member of a Greek organization.

Tyrone Bigguns
09-03-2009, 02:14 AM

Lastly, q-dogs suck.

Go easy Ty. You only need a 2.25 to be a member of a Greek organization.

Q-dogs require a 2.5, but Ty heard that frat brother Keith Jackson and MJ made a tearful plea for Mobb.

"let mobb in, DAYUM!!"

MOBB DEEP
09-04-2009, 06:04 AM

Lastly, q-dogs suck.

lol...i like the knowledge....u forgot to mention jordan whoring around chi-town, thus divorce

now, if u dont leave me alone i will LeGarrette Blount you chump : :lol:

]{ilr]3
09-04-2009, 08:08 PM
Pretty much old news by now and I am not sure if it was posted elseware so I will post it here.

Favre was fined $10000 for his Crack Back block on Eugene Wilson

Brandon Underwood was fined $5000 for his helmet to helmet hit on a defenseless player.

I dont want to get into personal issues about either of these players. I am only posting this about what players in general must think about this. What the hell man! I am not getting paid for these frinkin games and you want to fine me how much? WTF man! :shock:

MOBB DEEP
09-05-2009, 07:55 AM
Over at PurplePride.org (yal should check it out since I dont know how to post link) one poster says that Favre went to a Lil Wayne concert with AD, Chester Taylor, and Mckinney. Hard to believe! But if he's reversing the trend of the so-called alienation of the yutes, it will bode well for their chemistry

Im so excited for this season that I keep telling cats at my gym "10 more days, 7 more days, it's almost time...."

So many compelling stories

mraynrand
09-05-2009, 12:11 PM
I think it was a Bruce Wayne concert. Pretty lame.

http://www.listphile.com/Six_Degrees_Kevin_Bacon/Adam_West/image/adam-west.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GcgSRc2ekPE

Fritz
09-05-2009, 02:08 PM
I think it would be hugely entertaining to go to an Adam West concert.

MOBB DEEP
09-09-2009, 07:26 PM
Favre says that he WILL NOT jeopardize minny's success by trying to contiune his consecutive starts streak if he's hobbled and that he may not be able to play in all 16 reg season games. He says that he will "absolutely" sit out a game if he's not healthy enough to suit up...no I in team....U go boy...

63% of pollsters feel that he will NOT start every game this year...

Very interesting when you consider his legacy of toughing it out regardless

I wonder if he would sit out game at lambeau...

BallHawk
09-09-2009, 07:31 PM

Considering that half the reason he came back is so that he could stick it to the Packers.....no.

Rastak
09-09-2009, 07:33 PM

Considering that half the reason he came back is so that he could stick it to the Packers.....no.

Ballhawk, did he have anything else interesting to say when he told you that was half the reason?

MOBB DEEP
09-09-2009, 08:02 PM

Ballhawk, did he have anything else interesting to say when he told you that was half the reason?

:lol:

Ras, whats up with mangini waiting SO long to name starter at QB?

falco
09-09-2009, 08:14 PM
Roger Goodell, did he have anything else interesting to say when he told you that was half the reason?

Fixed...

I always wanted to do that! :lol:

MOBB DEEP
09-09-2009, 08:20 PM
Favre says that his current team is "as talented" as the '96 packer squad?!

No surprise; he said pretty much said the same thing last year in NY...

Of course that speaks to parity and as we pack fans know it takes more than talent; last years GB team returned nearly ALL the starters from the nfccg squad...

MJZiggy
09-09-2009, 08:24 PM
He said the very same thing the last few years in GB. I don't put too much stock in that statement any more.

falco
09-09-2009, 08:25 PM
He said the very same thing the last few years in GB. I don't put too much stock in that statement any more.

In this case, he could be right. They don't have Reggie White, and they certainly don't have 1996 Brett Favre, but their defense is solid and Peterson is a force on his own.

Rastak
09-09-2009, 08:26 PM

I thought he went 13-3 last time he said that...... :lol:

MJZiggy
09-09-2009, 08:34 PM
...and 8-8 and 4-12.

MOBB DEEP
09-09-2009, 08:38 PM

MJ, funny thing is i think he REALLY believs it tho

Chevelle2
09-09-2009, 08:49 PM
And Favre throws another coach under the bus....

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/09/09/favre-says-mangini-should-have-benched-him/

Rastak
09-09-2009, 08:55 PM

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/09/09/favre-says-mangini-should-have-benched-him/

If you read all of what was ACTUALLY said it sounded like a mutual decision to continue to play him. The player is always going to want to play and thus put a positive spin on his condition so it's up to the coach to sit somebody's ass down if he's hurt. That's kind of universal, wouldn't you say?

Chevelle2
09-09-2009, 09:03 PM

If you read all of what was ACTUALLY said it sounded like a mutual decision to continue to play him. The player is always going to want to play and thus put a positive spin on his condition so it's up to the coach to sit somebody's ass down if he's hurt. That's kind of universal, wouldn't you say?

"I felt like I was doing the team more harm because I was missing on some throws."

What is sounds to me is that if this guy had an ounce of humility, and if he had an ounce of knowledge of what it means to be a good teammate (he lost it somewhere between 98 and now) he should have told Mangini not to play him.

And sidenote, why is he bringing up all these excuses? Almost as if he is regretting his return.....shoulder, cracked rib, now this...

Fritz
09-09-2009, 09:07 PM
I did read the whole thing Rastak, and I disagree with you. The whole I-was-real-receptive-to-sitting-but, whether followed by "we decided" or "I decided" or "he decided" is a clear attempt - to me - to suggest that really, it wasn't on him.

And in a way he's right. It's not supposed to be up to him to decide. But it wasn't supposed to be up to Favre to decide when he ran back in one game during Shermy's tenure after getting knocked out practically. He threw a TD and we all lauded him, but he made the decision. If I recall correctly, Sherman didn't even know Favre had gone back out til he saw him on the field. So Favare has, in the past, seemed willing to make the decision himself.

In addition, the standard line - the one Mangini took - is to not single anyone out particularly, to not push anything off on anyone. Favre's wilingness to explain his side, as he has done so, so many times before, smacks to me of someone who wants to make it known that, well, things really aren't his fault. His lil' ol' me act is wearing thin for me.

Rastak
09-09-2009, 09:11 PM
What I read was that Mangini felt he was the best chance to win and they agreed he'd give it a shot.....

Look, I have no idea what was said....I know no normal human being runs out and has surgery for the fuck of it so I'm guessing he was actually hurt as reported.

My bottom line Chevelle is that it's the COACHES job to sit an injured player....as in a guy like AJ Hawk last year.

Did any of you guys blame Favre when he was half assed with the busted thumb or when he ran out with a concussion and threw a TD before Sherman finally figured out he hadn't been medically cleared to return to the game?

Not on JSO. The coach needs to be the man to sit a guy. We'll see if Chilly has the seeds to do it if needed.

edit: Fitz, I have no idea if this dude is making a bunch of excuses, I only know that the coach has to shut him down and he ended up having surgery.

I also know he cries like Dick Vermeil......

Iron Mike
09-09-2009, 09:15 PM

Only if he did the Batusi:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z1RqxHQOG7w
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=exhNT2_bHs8

MOBB DEEP
09-09-2009, 09:40 PM
whoa...i dont know who he is any more

just SHUT UP!

Pugger
09-10-2009, 05:47 PM
Tonight on BSPN someone said the Jets could get a fine for not reporting Favre on their weekly injury list last year. I can't think of any reason for Favre to admit this to reporters, unless he was planting an excuse if he plays poorly this season. I truly think Favre is throwing the Jets under the bus in this instance. :?

MOBB DEEP
09-10-2009, 06:08 PM
Favre just doesnt think before speaking. He's all in the news now for something thatg took place LAST YEAR... im not sure it its his fault or the medias since they take eveything he says and runs with it

Now he's sayn that he's not where he should be chemistry wise with Berrian...duh, u missed camp big guy...reminds me of the issues he had with coles last year!

Just SHUT UP!

MOBB DEEP
09-10-2009, 06:28 PM
This cat on jim rome justg said favre is just trying to set it up so that he can avoid practicing all week and just play the games as well as creating an exit strategy...lol

mraynrand
09-10-2009, 06:39 PM

Only if he did the Batusi:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z1RqxHQOG7w
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=exhNT2_bHs8

Holy Harlan Hijinks, Batman! I think that's Harlan in the second video!

Tyrone Bigguns
09-10-2009, 06:52 PM
All Ty can say is i read mangini's quotes...classy.

Bert Favre: not so classy.

Brett is a teenager, needs someone to tell him what to do. How old is he again?

I like how plays it off that he knew he was hurting team and he was receptive to not playing, but the brain trust basically went with him, as if Brett calmly said to them, "guys, i'm really hurting, i think it is best that i sit and see if i can heal...we are what, 8-3 right now, we just knocked of the last undefeated team...so, i think i should take it easy...see how i feel in a week or two and be strong for the last 3 games and the playoffs....what?...no, you want me to start...well, i don't know...i really dont' think it is best, but if you guys do..well, i'll suck it up for the good of the team."

BTW, Ras...i got additives that will get you 20% better mileage. Don't need that...well, i got some pills that will increase your dick (i know it is already large, but..can it ever be to large). Don't need that...well, i know tons of horny girls that want to me you. Don't want that...how about a Ph.D....only 50 bucks..increase your earning power.

MOBB DEEP
09-12-2009, 08:28 AM

C'mon Ty, u shouldnt pile on. Tannenbaum admitted HE was at fault NOT lord.....

RashanGary
09-12-2009, 08:36 AM
I could see Favre setting up an exit strategy. At the very least, he's setting up an excuse.

Favre is all about himself. If that team starts going down, Favre will not go down sticking with his guys. He will not go down with dignity. He will become a cancer. He will quit on that team.

Right now, the only thing saving Favre from total disaster is the Vikings DL and AP staying healthy. Gus Frerotte is good enough to lead that team to the playoffs. If Favre as good as Frerotte though? We'll find out.

Fritz
09-12-2009, 08:44 AM
Favre just doesnt think before speaking. He's all in the news now for something thatg took place LAST YEAR... im not sure it its his fault or the medias since they take eveything he says and runs with it

Now he's sayn that he's not where he should be chemistry wise with Berrian...duh, u missed camp big guy...reminds me of the issues he had with coles last year!

Just SHUT UP!

Do you have a link for this?

And as for Ty's quote - "not so classy" - that's not piling on. That's his observation as to how Favre handled this thing. And it's a pretty reserved comment, to boot.

And true, in my estimation.

Tyrone Bigguns
09-12-2009, 01:16 PM

C'mon Ty, u shouldnt pile on. Tannenbaum admitted HE was at fault NOT lord.....

No, that isn't what tannenbaum admitted to.

Favre, like usual, threw the jets under the bus.

Rastak
09-12-2009, 01:24 PM
"I'll take responsibility for that," said Tannenbaum. "As general manager of this team I should've handled that differently and listed him on the report.

Tyrone Bigguns
09-12-2009, 01:31 PM
"I'll take responsibility for that," said Tannenbaum. "As general manager of this team I should've handled that differently and listed him on the report.

Exactly. Thanx for proving my point.

the issue isn't listing...the issue is that Favre is lying about being receptive to sitting down.

MJZiggy
09-12-2009, 01:34 PM
Since when does the GM make that list? I thought that was the coach's responsibility.

Rastak
09-12-2009, 01:56 PM

the issue isn't listing...the issue is that Favre is lying about being receptive to sitting down.

LOL....that's outstanding.....I counter that you proved my point regarding global warming.....

What the fuck are you talking about?

Tyrone Bigguns
09-12-2009, 01:59 PM

LOL....that's outstanding.....I counter that you proved my point regarding global warming.....

What the fuck are you talking about?

Read bert's quote. then read the my post..the one that mobb responded to.

Ask yourself why i labeled brett not classy. Why fritz said that was being charitable.

You are a bit off on this one.

MOBB DEEP
09-12-2009, 03:12 PM

I can understand your point and can admit that he did. However, you HAVE to admit it wasnt intentional; he just talks too darn much. Just SHUT UP brett

MOBB DEEP
09-12-2009, 03:15 PM

Just SHUT UP!

Do you have a link for this?

No link; thats what John Clayton said

And to ME it would be classless only if he did it intentionally or as a way to set up an excuse. And we cant read his or any other person's mind! Mere conjecture; which is fine in USA too...

MOBB DEEP
09-12-2009, 03:22 PM
Brett Favre effect = nearly 60 % of the country will get Minny @ Browns game on fox....LEGEND

Great to see UM putting a beating on Irish

Tyrone Bigguns
09-12-2009, 04:12 PM

I can understand your point and can admit that he did. However, you HAVE to admit it wasnt intentional; he just talks too darn much. Just SHUT UP brett

You are an apologist. How do you know it was intentional? Not like he hasn't thrown people under the bus before..javon, campen, etc.

I can MAYBE give you the unintentional under the bus...but, i'll never give you the lie. There is no way Bert was receptive to sitting down..not after they just beat the last undefeated team, were 8-3 and he was the toast of the country.

I'll tell you what a woman said to me after i tried to explain after i hurt her feelings (work situation) when i said it wasn't my intent.."intentions don't matter, actions do."

Intentions are subject to interpretation by others. They can be questioned/disputed. The can also languish, never acted upon. Actions are people stepping up, attempting to walk their talk. While action itself is admirable, few people follow through and act with attention to outcomes. It is the outcomes of our actions that matter most. We know who we are and what we mean to do -- but it is the outcomes of our intentions and actions that determines what we mean to others.

“It’s not who you are underneath, it’s what you do that defines you.”

Tyrone Bigguns
09-12-2009, 04:13 PM
Brett Favre effect = nearly 60 % of the country will get Minny @ Browns game on fox....LEGEND

WHat game are you watching? LOL

Even when UM was up, ND was killing them offensively.

MOBB DEEP
09-12-2009, 05:18 PM

WHat game are you watching? LOL

Even when UM was up, ND was killing them offensively.

Yeah, I was switchn back and forth with the Jets/Cards game from last season...UM looking in control NOW tho...

MOBB DEEP
09-12-2009, 05:20 PM

You are an apologist. How do you know it was intentional? Not like he hasn't thrown people under the bus before..javon, campen, etc.

I can MAYBE give you the unintentional under the bus...but, i'll never give you the lie. There is no way Bert was receptive to sitting down..not after they just beat the last undefeated team, were 8-3 and he was the toast of the country.

I'll tell you what a woman said to me after i tried to explain after i hurt her feelings (work situation) when i said it wasn't my intent.."intentions don't matter, actions do."

Intentions are subject to interpretation by others. They can be questioned/disputed. The can also languish, never acted upon. Actions are people stepping up, attempting to walk their talk. While action itself is admirable, few people follow through and act with attention to outcomes. It is the outcomes of our actions that matter most. We know who we are and what we mean to do -- but it is the outcomes of our intentions and actions that determines what we mean to others.

Too esoteric for us jockish , dumb-as-rocks Ques TY....u sound like my Queen; makes sense that you used a female co-worker's sensibilities to illustrate :lol:

Tyrone Bigguns
09-12-2009, 05:41 PM

Too esoteric for us jockish , dumb-as-rocks Ques TY....u sound like my Queen; makes sense that you used a female co-worker's sensibilities to illustrate :lol:

Illustrate: No, that was me explaining.

Just read the last quote and think about it.

Or, remember the old maxim..the road to hell is paved with good intentions.

Or, for you, since you talk about church...is it enough for you to read and think about jesus...or are you suppose to act.

MOBB DEEP
09-12-2009, 06:13 PM
you almost jinxed the wolverine

i understood what you were sayn man..

but jesus/god knows your heart whereas man doesnt know your heart OR intent oft times; thus, we judge each other more harshly than god does (e.g., "classless," traitor, scum, media whore, etc..)

favre (lord) is a saint so stop judging him..... :)

MOBB DEEP
09-12-2009, 06:15 PM
Yo, did nixon REALLY say that in your sig?

Tyrone Bigguns
09-12-2009, 06:21 PM
you almost jinxed the wolverine

i understood what you were sayn man..

but jesus/god knows your heart whereas man doesnt know your heart OR intent oft times; thus, we judge each other more harshly than god does (e.g., "classless," traitor, scum, media whore, etc..)

favre (lord) is a saint so stop judging him..... :)

jesus may know your heart, but he still asks you do stuff. What would jesus say about someone who thought about doing good deeds but never got around to doing any?

If favre is a saint, is it wrong of me to hope he dies on the field so he really can become a saint?

MOBB DEEP
09-12-2009, 06:32 PM
GNR...LOL...

Tyrone Bigguns
09-12-2009, 06:45 PM
Yo, did nixon REALLY say that in your sig?

Yup.

Kinda makes repubs head explode....abortion, nixon....obama...connect the dots. :wink:

MOBB DEEP
09-12-2009, 07:41 PM
Fav all-time rapper KRS-ONE once said on song Aw Yeah, "You know, Im kinda glad nixon died....Aw Yeah"

Now I know Y...he he...

Tyrone Bigguns
09-12-2009, 07:52 PM
Fav all-time rapper KRS-ONE once said on song Aw Yeah, "You know, Im kinda glad nixon died....Aw Yeah"

Now I know Y...he he...

Let us get back to what we call hip hop
And what it meant to be DJ Scott LaRock

RIP Scott.

MOBB DEEP
09-12-2009, 08:02 PM

Now I know Y...he he...

RIP Scott.

EXACTLY; i think very deeply....

You aint no spring chicken Ty

Thats circa 1987...WOW

GO BIG TEN...!!!

Tyrone Bigguns
09-13-2009, 12:47 AM

Now I know Y...he he...

RIP Scott.

EXACTLY; i think very deeply....

You aint no spring chicken Ty

Thats circa 1987...WOW

GO BIG TEN...!!!

Yep. BDP was smart.

Here's one for you...don't think you'll know it:

The CIA is looking for you
The KGB is smarter than you think
Brainwash mentalities to control the system
Using TV and movies - religions of course
Yes, the world is headed for destruction
Is it a nuclear war?
What are you asking for?

Course i liked the fun stuff as well:

First buffalo girl go round the outside
Excuse me while i dance
Ha ha ha ha
Sing along
hey dj

If you know the connection tween these 2..major props.

Sigh. Back in the day....fistfights, no guns....do anything, just don't step on my suede pumas!

mission
09-13-2009, 02:00 AM
Sigh. Back in the day....fistfights, no guns....do anything, just don't step on my suede pumas!

And sadly those days are long gone. =/

(I used to love fighting... now it's not even an option)

Tyrone Bigguns
09-13-2009, 03:27 AM

And sadly those days are long gone. =/

(I used to love fighting... now it's not even an option)

so true.

All we can do now is beat up our bitches!

Pugger
09-13-2009, 08:12 AM
Since when does the GM make that list? I thought that was the coach's responsibility.

I thought so too. Maybe BF was bringing this little item of info out because Mangini is the HC of the team that will be pounding BF's old behind into the turf today?

Packerarcher
09-13-2009, 10:06 AM

I thought so too. Maybe BF was bringing this little item of info out because Mangini is the HC of the team that will be pounding BF's old behind into the turf today?

You honestly think the Brown stains have a snow balls chance in hell of winning,much less pounding anyone into the ground.

gex
09-13-2009, 10:09 AM
All right, I get the Queen @ Browns on my local Fox for the noon game.
I'm pumped up!!
Anybody else starting The Favre,All Day, Longwell,Min. de?
Lets get this party started!! :D :D :D

Scott Campbell
09-13-2009, 10:35 AM
It was nice of the NFL to facilitate Farve's extended summer vacation with an extra pre-season game.

MOBB DEEP
09-13-2009, 10:41 AM
His teammates named Lord captain!

That's whats up...!

The Shadow
09-13-2009, 10:54 AM
ZZZZZZZZZ......................................... ..........

GrnBay007
09-13-2009, 11:24 AM
Have to say....Good Luck Brett Favre!

falco
09-13-2009, 11:26 AM

:?:

gex
09-13-2009, 11:37 AM
Have to say....Good Luck Brett Favre! :tup:

MOBB DEEP
09-13-2009, 11:43 AM
ZZZZZZZZZ......................................... ..........

Thats funny Shadow

MOBB DEEP
09-13-2009, 11:49 AM
M. Faulk is appauled that Brett missed all of camp and the team voted him captain. He says it makes him wonder whats going on with this team.

Mooch, of course, thinks it's great that they're sayn we dont care how long he's been here, he's our leader....

I agree with the latter b/c it should make brett feel good and motivated/committed. And at this point in his career he is sorta a head case...

falco
09-13-2009, 11:54 AM

Right, because wins for the other teams in our division don't affect us at all...

GrnBay007
09-13-2009, 12:15 PM

Right, because wins for the other teams in our division don't affect us at all...

Sorry, I just don't hate the guy like many do. I wish him well.

RashanGary
09-13-2009, 12:21 PM

Sorry, I just don't hate the guy like many do. I wish him well.

Ahhh, poor Brett ;) ;)

MOBB DEEP
09-13-2009, 12:26 PM
Please no negativity in the brett thread this season :wink:

GrnBay007
09-13-2009, 12:55 PM
Ahhh, poor Brett ;) ;)

:roll:

falco
09-13-2009, 01:03 PM
I don't hate Favre. I hate our division rivals.

mission
09-13-2009, 02:30 PM
Some of you are pathetic excuses for Packers fans.

If you've ever masturbated while thinking of Bert, then you really have no place here ...

MOBB DEEP
09-13-2009, 02:32 PM
DAYUM...!

ThunderDan
09-13-2009, 02:50 PM
M. Faulk is appauled that Brett missed all of camp and the team voted him captain. He says it makes him wonder whats going on with this team.

Mooch, of course, thinks it's great that they're sayn we dont care how long he's been here, he's our leader....

I agree with the latter b/c it should make brett feel good and motivated/committed. And at this point in his career he is sorta a head case...

AD is the leader of the team period. Brett being a captian is a joke.

mraynrand
09-13-2009, 02:57 PM

Agree. Won't like Favre again until he retires. Certainly, I will never wish a Viking QB 'good luck.' Never.

GrnBay007
09-13-2009, 03:12 PM

If you've ever masturbated while thinking of Bert, then you really have no place here ...

LOL are u 12? :wink:

Rastak
09-13-2009, 03:15 PM

LOL are u 12? :wink:

Drugs are a terrible thing.....

falco
09-13-2009, 03:29 PM

Agree. Won't like Favre again until he retires. Certainly, I will never wish a Viking QB 'good luck.' Never.

But that's because you are a packer fan. :lol:

mission
09-13-2009, 03:35 PM
I'm 12 and incredibly drugged up... can't even function. It's horrible.

Rastak
09-13-2009, 03:37 PM
I'm 12 and incredibly drugged up... can't even function. It's horrible.

You are lying, you ain't 12..... :wink:

MOBB DEEP
09-13-2009, 04:19 PM
Favre's presser was good stuff

Taking blame for mis ques etc...

Giving mad dap to the teammates that VOTED him captain

Said he had a "blast" today....

MOBB DEEP
09-13-2009, 04:30 PM

Mark my words Ty

And brett is endearing himself to him too....

...thus Harvin is leading the team in receptions on way to ROY

Tyrone Bigguns
09-13-2009, 06:54 PM

Mark my words Ty

What were his #s today? LOL

gonna be hard to be a flat out stud when your qb is passing like Trent Dilfer. :lol:

MOBB DEEP
09-13-2009, 06:58 PM

Mark my words Ty

gonna be hard to be a flat out stud when your qb is passing like Trent Dilfer. :lol:

Thats good... :D

mission
09-13-2009, 07:04 PM

Mark my words Ty

Cue Ravens / SB comment ...

MJZiggy
09-13-2009, 07:06 PM
I just came from there. Flacco had some nice throws but was more inconsistent than the announcers were talking about after the game. The score should have been obscene.

Tyrone Bigguns
09-13-2009, 07:09 PM

Mark my words Ty

Not relevant as we are discussing harvin, not results of the vikes.

Rastak
09-13-2009, 07:09 PM

Mark my words Ty

Nah....although I didn't realize Dilfer posted a 93.5 qb rating that regularly.

That can be the mark Rodger's shoots for...