PDA

View Full Version : OFFICIAL BRETT THE LIVING LEGEND THREAD

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 45 46

SnakeLH2006
10-22-2013, 05:02 AM
Yeah, that was kool..!
He looks like he's aged 6 years in 3 years, clearly drinking more beer than water

Holy shit ya...he's looking 60 now. I mean hey he had grey hair and was in his early 40's with the Vikes but I guess his Karma of cheating on Deanna caught up with him, as he can only drive so far on his lawn tractor to get away now. Damn..he looks like Don Shula...or Fritz :shock::

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-gameday/0ap2000000265810/Favre-reflects-on-return-to-Lambeau

George Cumby
10-22-2013, 07:09 AM
Yeah, that was kool..!
He looks like he's aged 6 years in 3 years, clearly drinking more beer than water

Look.

New kid.

Welcome. How long have you been lurking?

Don't accept anything from Harlan.

Rutnstrut
10-22-2013, 11:03 PM
Holy shit ya...he's looking 60 now. I mean hey he had grey hair and was in his early 40's with the Vikes but I guess his Karma of cheating on Deanna caught up with him, as he can only drive so far on his lawn tractor to get away now. Damn..he looks like Don Shula...or Fritz :shock::

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-gameday/0ap2000000265810/Favre-reflects-on-return-to-Lambeau

I bet he could still kick your ass.

Fritz
10-23-2013, 02:01 PM

I am a sexy beast. An aging, balding, graying beast, but a sexy one nonetheless.

MJZiggy
10-23-2013, 07:30 PM
I am a sexy beast. An aging, balding, graying beast, but a sexy one nonetheless.

You, yes. Him, less so.

Guiness
10-24-2013, 07:52 AM
And St-Louis calls him!

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/10/24/rams-call-brett-favre-but-hes-not-returning/

hoosier
10-24-2013, 08:17 AM
St Louis should be concentrating on tanking and accumulating high draft picks.

KYPack
10-24-2013, 08:38 AM
And St-Louis calls him!

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/10/24/rams-call-brett-favre-but-hes-not-returning/

Fish is losing it.

I wonder if this is for real?

At least this time, I'd have a helluva lot less angst about Brint coming back.

It'd be more like a sick curiosity.

Man, I was pissed when he joined the Queens.

Now, I think it's more adding to that goof's Huck Finn legend

Joemailman
10-24-2013, 09:23 AM
Fish is losing it.

I wonder if this is for real?

At least this time, I'd have a helluva lot less angst about Brint coming back.

It'd be more like a sick curiosity.

Man, I was pissed when he joined the Queens.

Now, I think it's more adding to that goof's Huck Finn legend

Fish will have Brady Quinn backing up Kellen Clemens, so in a way you can't blame him.

It took a lot to convince Favre it was time to retire, but that last season in Minny did the trick.

Fritz
10-24-2013, 11:46 AM
St Louis should be concentrating on tanking and accumulating high draft picks.

I believe they are. They did call a 44 year old retired quarterback, didn't they?

woodbuck27
10-24-2013, 12:23 PM
Hello Packerrats. I hope your all doing well.

Brett Favre has retired from the NFL.

Coming back wouldn't have been worth the pain.

Ed woodbuck27

ThunderDan
10-24-2013, 12:28 PM

Ed woodbuck27

HE'S BACK!!!!!

Welcome back Woody!

woodbuck27
10-24-2013, 12:45 PM
HE'S BACK!!!!!

Welcome back Woody!

Thank You ThunderDan.

Mae and I spent 3 months at my country home near Hoyt, New Brunswick, Canada.

The only exception for going online has been to post my picks in the Pro PIckem. I have alot of work to do towords being up to speed there. I'm back at my home (Greenfield Park, Quebec, Canada) located near Montreal, Quebec and online again so hoping to improve my results. Your doing well....keep up the good results. Esoxx is lining up as the first two time Champion. He's IMO the man to beat.

Stay on him. LOL.

Ed woodbuck27

Pugger
10-24-2013, 12:53 PM
I believe they are. They did call a 44 year old retired quarterback, didn't they?

Maybe Fish should call Jeff Garcia. I heard Jeff called Cleveland looking for work. :lol:

KYPack
10-24-2013, 01:51 PM
Maybe Fish should call Jeff Garcia. I heard Jeff called Cleveland looking for work. :lol:

I saw Garcia on TV last weekend. He looks around 50 yrs old.

Brint was on a sports talk show this pm.

He said "No one personally called me about playing"

That means St Lou talked to Bus Cook.

KYPack
10-24-2013, 02:09 PM
At 2pm, he signed a contract to play with the Rams.

At 3 pm, he retired again.

Bossman641
10-24-2013, 04:11 PM

Ed woodbuck27

Hey WB, welcome back. Hope you had a good vacation. What are you thinking of this injury-riddled year thus far?

Infamous
10-24-2013, 08:48 PM
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE come back!

Infamous
10-24-2013, 08:55 PM
Look.

New kid.

Welcome. How long have you been lurking?

Don't accept anything from Harlan.

hahahaha...Ive been lurking for about a month now...who else should I avoid?

Infamous
10-24-2013, 08:59 PM
WOW! This thread was started a full five years ago!

George Cumby
10-24-2013, 10:03 PM

Ed woodbuck27

WOODY! Good to see you!

George Cumby
10-24-2013, 10:04 PM

Me.

SkinBasket
10-25-2013, 08:20 AM
I had a dream last night that Rodgers got injured or dead or something, so Bert came back to save us and threw like 15 straight passes to start the game, completing one. Obviously my dream was not accounting for loss of possession on downs, but rather focused on how impotent our once great hero had become. I kept thinking, "why don't we just run Lacy?" It was painful, and it's just unfortunate it won't happen in real life.

Whatever happened to Deanna anyway? Is she still alive?

Pugger
10-25-2013, 09:11 AM
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE come back!

Woodbuck is back! ;-)

KYPack
10-25-2013, 10:37 AM
I had a dream last night that Rodgers got injured or dead or something, so Bert came back to save us and threw like 15 straight passes to start the game, completing one. Obviously my dream was not accounting for loss of possession on downs, but rather focused on how impotent our once great hero had become. I kept thinking, "why don't we just run Lacy?" It was painful, and it's just unfortunate it won't happen in real life.

Whatever happened to Deanna anyway? Is she still alive?

What were you wearing?

Deanna has been given the option by God of going straight to heaven or hanging down here.

Upnorth
10-25-2013, 10:48 AM

Good to see a new poster, and George is a teddy bear fwiw. MOst of this group is harmless unless you take things to seriously. Just watch out for General Grammer if you have not mastered the english language or just dont put much effort into it (like myself). I am hoping Literate Lady (ziggy) takes him down a few pegs.

Guiness
10-25-2013, 10:52 AM
What were you wearing?

No pants I'm sure.

Patler
10-25-2013, 10:54 AM

Stay away from Madtown. He has this fantasy about being the owner of this site. The real owner is a guy named "Joe".............

denverYooper
10-25-2013, 10:58 AM
Stay away from Madtown. He has this fantasy about being the owner of this site. The real owner is a guy named "Joe".............

What ever happened to Joe? Haven't seen him around in a while :).

red
10-25-2013, 11:38 AM
Good ole bert can't remember things anymore

too many shots to the head

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/favre-admission-memory-loss-sad-familiar-chorus-former-152640503--nfl.html

Teamcheez1
10-25-2013, 11:56 AM

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/favre-admission-memory-loss-sad-familiar-chorus-former-152640503--nfl.html

I contend he started forgetting things much earlier, like where to throw a pass without it being intercepted.

I think Jack Daniels and Jim Beam also took their toll on his memory.

MadtownPacker
10-25-2013, 12:33 PM
I told you guys I'm just the farmhand here. The patron will be back someday but for now I am to tend to the farm and it's animals.

LP
10-25-2013, 12:38 PM
I contend he started forgetting things much earlier, like where to throw a pass without it being intercepted.

I think Jack Daniels and Jim Beam also took their toll on his memory.

Don't forget the painkillers.

denverYooper
10-25-2013, 12:43 PM
Don't forget the painkillers.

And the Syphilis.

As for the suspicion I express in this book, that human beings are robots,
are machines: It should be noted that people, mostly men, suffering from
the last stages of syphilis, from locomotor ataxia, were common spectacles
in downtown Indianapolis and in circus crowds when I was a boy.
Those people were infested with carnivorous little corkscrews which
could be seen only with a microscope. The victims' vertebrae were welded
together after the corkscrews got through with the meat between. The
syphilitics seemed tremendously dignified-erect, eyes straight ahead.
I saw one stand on a curb at the corner of Meridian and Washington
Streets one time, underneath an overhanging clock which my father designed.
The intersection was known locally as "The Crossroads of America.
This syphilitic man was thinking hard there, at the Crossroads of America,
about how to get his legs to step off the curb and carry him across Washington
Street. He shuddered gently, as though he had a small motor which
was idling inside. Here was his problem: his brains, where the-instructions
to his legs originated, were being eaten alive by corkscrews. The wires
which had to carry the instructions weren't insulated anymore, or were
eaten clear through. Switches along the way were welded open or shut.
This man looked like an old, old man, although he might have been only
thirty years old. He thought and thought. And then he kicked two times like
a chorus girl.
He certainly looked like a machine to me when I was a boy.

QBME
10-25-2013, 12:45 PM
And the Syphilis.

Vonnegut?

hoosier
10-25-2013, 01:11 PM
The victims' vertebrae were welded
together after the corkscrews got through with the meat between...

The meat in between?!? Thank god he didn't decide to describe the progress of tertiary syphilis. Then you would have had to find an Al Davis thread to put it in.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Tertiary_syphilis_head.JPG

denverYooper
10-25-2013, 02:23 PM
Vonnegut?

The one and only.

Infamous
10-25-2013, 06:11 PM
SAD!

My dad is experiencing dementia. I had "debate" with pals about whats the best form of malady to suffer from; one of a mental nature or physical nature..for me its a no-brainer (pun intended). I would hate to not be able to wash myself but there would be more angst if I couldn't hold a convo because of a cognitive disability. Its a close one though b/c physical could mean no sex or maybe loss of vision and sense of taste!!!

Thoughts??!!

And question: why do people on this site call Favre bert or some other dismissive name?

Kiwon
10-25-2013, 08:34 PM

This one excerpt from Favre's radio interview is all over the Internet now. It fits so nicely with the latest cause celebre campaign from the activists posing as journalists in Sports media today ("Darn it! If only we could get Brett to say that the 'Redskins' moniker was racist. We'll get him to admit it next time!").

Count me skeptical if Favre is the go-to spokesman for player safety. Favre's field play speaks for itself but his character is of a diva, drama queen whose favorite topic is himself. If it kept the spotlight on him, I think he'd willingly play along with today’s cause-driven journalists that are convinced that "this much is clear; we may just now be getting a glimpse of the true impact of decades of previously unspoken-about head injuries."

Uh, yeah, you get that information with medical advances.

You also get that every player that stepped on the field realized he could be hurt and made the choice to do so AFTER putting on protective equipment. Was it adequate enough with the knowledge at that time? Maybe or maybe not. That's worthy of debate.

What's not debatable is that athletes CHOSE to play a sport for money. They decided to put their bodies at risk and they are responsible for their decision. And due to material science progress, if better protective equipment exists today that didn’t exist decades ago, it doesn’t make those players VICTIMS simply because they did not have access to it.

As for Favre's memory, it seemed to be good with pretty girls and their phone numbers. Hello? If his memory is so now impaired do you think he’d be calling the offensive plays for his local high school team?

My guess is that Brett doesn’t remember his girl’s high school games because he was joking around and jawing the whole time. Far-fetched, right? Distracted people forget lots of things. Ever get a phone call while driving? It’s impossible to stay actively focused on everything at once. That slow car in front of you that you change lanes to pass? Yeah, he or she was talking on the phone.

No doubt, Favre’s previous injuries related to his choice of professions will affect him as he ages but if he were not a VERY healthy 44-year old the Rams would never have considered having him as their QB. That’s just reality.

Infamous
10-26-2013, 06:59 AM
Now the Rams are saying they were just joking when they reached out for Favre's services!!!? Comedy

HarveyWallbangers
10-26-2013, 01:05 PM
SAD!

My dad is experiencing dementia. I had "debate" with pals about whats the best form of malady to suffer from; one of a mental nature or physical nature..for me its a no-brainer (pun intended). I would hate to not be able to wash myself but there would be more angst if I couldn't hold a convo because of a cognitive disability. Its a close one though b/c physical could mean no sex or maybe loss of vision and sense of taste!!!

Thoughts??!!

And question: why do people on this site call Favre bert or some other dismissive name?

I think I'd rather have the physical go out over the mental--assuming you mean when I'm much older. Bert stems from the "We'll never forget you, Bert" quotes/shirts that came out when Favre signed with Minnesota.

Little Whiskey
10-26-2013, 01:43 PM
WOW! This thread was started a full five years ago!

So have you read all 5 years worth of posts in this thread? It's a good pr history lesson.

red
10-26-2013, 03:12 PM
I think I'd rather have the physical go out over the mental--assuming you mean when I'm much older. Bert stems from the "We'll never forget you, Bert" quotes/shirts that came out when Favre signed with Minnesota.

i'd rather be nuts

people that lose their minds rarely remember that they have lost their minds

being broke down physically means you have to sit there and suffer until you get put out of your misery

Joemailman
10-26-2013, 04:46 PM
i'd rather be nuts

So, nobody's told you yet?

channtheman
10-26-2013, 05:24 PM
i'd rather be nuts

being broke down physically means you have to sit there and suffer until you get put out of your misery

I agree. I figure if I had to pick between physical and mental, I'd like to be blissfully unaware rather than crippled. And if I'm instead an asshole with Alzheimer's, whatever, I won't know enough to know I'm being an asshole.

red
10-26-2013, 05:40 PM
So, nobody's told you yet?

nope, and i don't care

true story. my great grandmother was in the old folks home because she had lost it. my mom and grandmother go to visit her one day. my great grandmother is go on and on about all the crazy people around the place and how just a little while ago some crazy woman was running up and down the halls butt naked with everyone in the hospital chasing after her. hooping and hollering and making all kinds of ungodly noises.

the doctors came in and pull my mother and grandmother out in the hall and let them know that they had a rather unpleasant incident with my great grandmother right before they arrived and they had just finally got her clothed and back in to bed again

yeah, i could do that

red
10-26-2013, 05:41 PM
I agree. I figure if I had to pick between physical and mental, I'd like to be blissfully unaware rather than crippled. And if I'm instead an asshole with Alzheimer's, whatever, I won't know enough to know I'm being an asshole.

exactly!!!

Joemailman
10-26-2013, 06:16 PM
Maybe Favre will say he doesn't remember having ever played for the Vikings.

red
10-26-2013, 07:16 PM
Maybe Favre will say he doesn't remember having ever played for the Vikings.

maybe he'll blame the whole vikings episode on concussions

why else would anyone willing go there to play?

Joemailman
10-26-2013, 07:58 PM
maybe he'll blame the whole vikings episode on concussions

why else would anyone willing go there to play?

They could be brainwashed. Or Minneapolis could have more than one Applebee's. Or they could think the Vikings have a better placekick holder.

pbmax
10-27-2013, 10:48 AM
Man, was this the wrong thread to mis-post to.

SnakeLH2006
10-29-2013, 05:46 AM
Man..I was the biggest Favre fan growing up..seeing all his games..the successes and failures. It took Snake a bit to come to grips with ARod as the starter but man that dude is the man..and I couldn't be happier. It's sad to see Favre look like this:

http://media.zenfs.com/en/blogs/sptusnflexperts/USATSI_5589308-001.jpg

As he looks like this:

http://blogs.southflorida.com/citylink_dansweeney/2005-10-2-george-bush.jpg

But really has acted like Hulk Hogan being out the spotlight for so long and needing media attention:

http://www.memegeneokerlund.com/media/created/vycdqm.jpg

Iron Mike
10-29-2013, 09:27 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=60H9X0mYH70

Freak Out
10-30-2013, 11:40 AM
Love this thread.

denverYooper
10-30-2013, 12:16 PM
:jig:

denverYooper
10-30-2013, 12:22 PM
Love this thread.

I will say this... it is a fantastic inside look at the process that a dedicated fanbase goes through when a team gets rid of a popular player. The angst, the emotion, the infighting -- it's all captured in these pages.

denverYooper
10-30-2013, 12:23 PM
SOLDIER!

Freak Out
10-30-2013, 06:49 PM
I miss Mobb......

George Cumby
10-30-2013, 11:59 PM
I miss Mobb......

There were some really good posters back in the day. Speaking of which, has Rand left?

KYPack
10-31-2013, 06:27 AM
nope, and i don't care

true story. my great grandmother was in the old folks home because she had lost it. my mom and grandmother go to visit her one day. my great grandmother is go on and on about all the crazy people around the place and how just a little while ago some crazy woman was running up and down the halls butt naked with everyone in the hospital chasing after her. hooping and hollering and making all kinds of ungodly noises.

the doctors came in and pull my mother and grandmother out in the hall and let them know that they had a rather unpleasant incident with my great grandmother right before they arrived and they had just finally got her clothed and back in to bed again

yeah, i could do that

That's what the old ones do.

Both my father-in-law and my buddy's dad did similar stuff. Nothing as cool as running around nude in the old folks home, but similar antics. I visited him one day and he told me about some crazy old guy who drove his car to the mall and got lost. The director of the joint later informed me that the crazy old guy that did that WAS my father in law. They tell you that so if you hear about the story, you'll think it was somebody else. Even though they are addled, they still think that you are stupid and easily fooled.

MadtownPacker
10-31-2013, 10:05 AM
I will say this... it is a fantastic inside look at the process that a dedicated fanbase goes through when a team gets rid of a popular player. The angst, the emotion, the infighting -- it's all captured in these pages.
Maybe one day it will fill a book. I'm guessing this thread will die in like 10 years when Rodgers meets his future replacement.

Infamous
11-04-2013, 07:10 AM
Im thinking Luck will wind up being better than Favre, maybe Montana too!

red
11-04-2013, 07:36 AM
Im thinking Luck will wind up being better than Favre, maybe Montana too!

but we do all agree he has some inbred in him right?

i mean, people with normal non brother-sister parents just don't talk like that

green_bowl_packer
11-04-2013, 07:45 AM

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view3/1240951/deliverance-o.gif

Infamous
11-05-2013, 02:18 PM

HAHAHAHA

Infamous
11-05-2013, 02:20 PM
This is PERF time to call upon ol gunslinger! "Arms of a blacksmith...!"

Freak Out
11-05-2013, 02:28 PM
Not....the old gunslinger has hung up his spurs for good. Thankfully.

woodbuck27
11-05-2013, 02:30 PM
With the loss of Aaron Rodgers and the _Packers slipping to 5-3 and tied with the Bears and Lions in the NFCN.

What a perfect time for a Favre back to Packers rumor.

What a perfect time for real healing.

woodbuck27
11-05-2013, 02:32 PM
Not....the old gunslinger has hung up his spurs for good. Thankfully.

I can see Favre now saying:

" I'm feeling pretty good. "

Freak Out
11-05-2013, 02:41 PM
Calling Scott Campbell! :)

woodbuck27
11-05-2013, 03:03 PM
Calling Scott Campbell! :)

Favre is done but ... my ohh my:

What a story that comeback, in real terms, would be.

It certainly seems as if he's physically sound (in solid shape) but for the contact?

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/2013/10/12/brett-favre-football-family-coaching-mississippi/2973891/

Brett Favre finds family, football fix in Mississippi

Lindsay H. Jones, USA TODAY Sports 12:29 p.m. EDT October 13, 2013

" Yes, he is indeed in perhaps the best physical condition of his life, on par with even his fittest days as a 20-something NFL superstar quarterback.

Favre is back to his playing weight, 220 pounds, thanks to a cardio regimen that includes 5-mile runs or long bike rides nearly every morning. His right arm hasn't lost much velocity, either, said Oak Grove players who have seen him sling it in practice.

Bus Cook, Favre's longtime agent, wasn't kidding when he said recently that Favre probably could still play in the NFL if he wanted to. But there is no want to."

GO PACK GO !

red
11-05-2013, 05:06 PM
how long before we hear bus cook tell the media that "unnamed representatives" from the packers made an inquiry about his client?

woodbuck27
11-05-2013, 05:29 PM
how long before we hear bus cook tell the media that "unnamed representatives" from the packers made an inquiry about his client?

http://fansided.com/2013/11/05/brett-favre-packers-reunion-wont-happen/

Brett Favre, Packers reunion (in aftermath of the Aaron Rodgers injury) won’t happen

By Josh Sanchez - Nov 5th, 2013 at 10:51 am

" As soon as the Green Bay Packers watched quarterback Aaron Rodgers go down with an injury to his left collarbone, there was immediately concern about what the Packers would do if Rodgers was forced to miss significant time.

One of the ridiculous rumors was that the Packers would reach out to future Hall of Famer Brett Favre, but don’t get your hopes up for any kind of reunion.

According to Gabe Neitzel of ESPN Milwaukee, who reached out to Favre’s agent Bus Cook, the veteran quarterback is retired."

NOTE: Nothing new here. For the rest of this story please click on the LINK above

Infamous
11-06-2013, 06:45 AM
On Mike and Mike QB guru Jon Gruden just said the Pack should phone Brett...it really is amazing how much of an icon he had/has become despite his gaffes (had disturbing vision of the 4th and 26 game/OT nonsense only 3 points scored after the 1st quarter!!!)

denverYooper
11-06-2013, 08:26 AM
On Mike and Mike QB guru Jon Gruden just said the Pack should phone Brett...it really is amazing how much of an icon he had/has become despite his gaffes (had disturbing vision of the 4th and 26 game/OT nonsense only 3 points scored after the 1st quarter!!!)

It sounded like he had tongue halfway in cheek when he said it.

Patler
11-06-2013, 08:34 AM
Anyone who seriously thinks Favre should be an option must not have watched his last year in MN, before he was injured.

Guiness
11-06-2013, 09:06 AM
It sounded like he had tongue halfway in cheek when he said it.

or halfway somewhere in Favre's posterior

George Cumby
11-06-2013, 10:40 AM

Repped

MadtownPacker
11-06-2013, 12:58 PM
On Mike and Mike QB guru Jon Gruden just said the Pack should phone Brett...it really is amazing how much of an icon he had/has become despite his gaffes (had disturbing vision of the 4th and 26 game/OT nonsense only 3 points scored after the 1st quarter!!!)Is that you Mobb?

woodbuck27
11-06-2013, 01:29 PM
Anyone who seriously thinks Favre should be an option must not have watched his last year in MN, before he was injured.

OK I'll bite.

Seneca Wallace (since 2010) or Brett Favre (2010) = a toss up ?

Nope. I'd take Brett Favre yesterday over Seneca Wallace today.

Let's see how we all feel come next Sunday evening. The Packers are going to have to fight for their collective lives to defeat the Philadelphia Eagles with Seneca Wallace under center. This next game will be a true measure of the strength and depth of our team.

Incidently some favourable good news. Vegas has us as early week 1.5 point favourites over the Eagles.

GO PACKERS !

Rutnstrut
11-06-2013, 03:40 PM
OK I'll bite.

Let's see how we all feel come next Sunday evening. The Packers are going to have to fight for their collective lives to defeat the Philadelphia Eagles with Seneca Wallace under center. This next game will be a true measure of the strength and depth of our team.

Incidently some favourable good news. Vegas has us as early week 1.5 point favourites over the Eagles.

GO PACKERS !

Absolutely, Favre now is still 1000 times the QB Wallace ever was on his best day. That said, it's crazy that some people have to keep dredging this up, then they criticize Favre for not being able to let go.

red
11-06-2013, 03:51 PM
Absolutely, Favre now is still 1000 times the QB Wallace ever was on his best day. That said, it's crazy that some people have to keep dredging this up, then they criticize Favre for not being able to let go.

how can you honestly say that favre is 1000 times better right now?

the last time we saw him play he was absolute shit. 11 TDs, 19ints, a career lows completion %.

many people were even thinking he got benched at the end of the season the whole injury story was just a cover. and now he hasn't played in 3 years

how the hell can anyone truthfully cay favre is better then anyone at this point

bart starr is still alive, he was good when he played for us, age doesn't matter

lets give bart a call

Rutnstrut
11-06-2013, 04:37 PM
how can you honestly say that favre is 1000 times better right now?

the last time we saw him play he was absolute shit. 11 TDs, 19ints, a career lows completion %.

many people were even thinking he got benched at the end of the season the whole injury story was just a cover. and now he hasn't played in 3 years

how the hell can anyone truthfully cay favre is better then anyone at this point

bart starr is still alive, he was good when he played for us, age doesn't matter

lets give bart a call

Favre at his worst is still better than Wallace at his best, and Wallace is far from his best these days. In the very least Favre still has a more powerful arm than Wallace and he's 11 years older. Starr probably has a better arm than Wallace also.

ThunderDan
11-06-2013, 04:48 PM
Favre at his worst is still better than Wallace at his best, and Wallace is far from his best these days. In the very least Favre still has a more powerful arm than Wallace and he's 11 years older. Starr probably has a better arm than Wallace also.

It is assertions like this that are stupid. We all know that BF was the better QB over his whole career but 3 years later at 43 who knows?

Just to prove you wrong:

BF - 26/44 281y 2TDs 6INTs 53.5 QBR STL Playoff Game
BF - 17/32 153y 0TDs 2INTs 40.2 QBR Bears-Pack 2007

woodbuck27
11-06-2013, 05:02 PM
It is assertions like this that are stupid. We all know that BF was the better QB over his whole career but 3 years later at 43 who knows?

Just to prove you wrong:

BF - 26/44 281y 2TDs 6INTs 53.5 QBR STL Playoff Game
BF - 17/32 153y 0TDs 2INTs 40.2 QBR Bears-Pack 2007

I don`t believe that when Brett Favre is selected as a first ballot HOFer he`ll be remembered for those very poor outings.

What rings strange to me is why would anyone ... moreso ... a Green Bay Packer fan? It`s crap like that that always burns my ass as a Packer fan viewing other Packer fans.

It`s stuff like that that spells it out clearly. `

That if Brett Favre ever seriously considered any attention or offer to consider a return to the Green Bay Packers. He`d be sadly mistaken in terms of any gratitude on behalf of those Packer fans that for the most part hold no sense of real appreciation for all he gave to the Green Bay Packers as the dedicated and resilient QB and competitor that he was.

ThunderDan
11-06-2013, 05:59 PM
I don`t believe that when Brett Favre is selected as a first ballot HOFer he`ll be remembered for those very poor outings.

What rings strange to me is why would anyone ... moreso ... a Green Bay Packer fan? It`s crap like that that always burns my ass as a Packer fan viewing other Packer fans.

It`s stuff like that that spells it out clearly. `

That if Brett Favre ever seriously considered any attention or offer to consider a return to the Green Bay Packers. He`d be sadly mistaken in terms of any gratitude on behalf of those Packer fans that for the most part hold no sense of real appreciation for all he gave to the Green Bay Packers as the dedicated and resilient QB and competitor that he was.

I doubt he'll be remembered for those games either. That isn't what I said. Rutnstrut said "Favre at his worst is better than Wallace at his best." I picked two games I clearly remember as a Packer fan where Favre played like crap. Yes even HOF QBs are going to have crap games. ARod had one a couple of weeks ago. I will remember that also.

Yes I have a good memory and instead of "Creating the Myth" that is BF I will remember who he really was, both the good and the bad. I will remember the Super Bowl win and then the Super Bowl loss the next year. I will remember the OAK game after his dad died and the 2007 playoff game against the Giants. I will remember that GB had a chance to win any game that BF started. I will remember all the come from behind fourth quarter victories and all the fourth quarter INTs that sealed a loss.

When BF goes into the HOF he will be remembered as having the most wins, yards and TDs of any QB. He will be remebered for 3 MVPs in a row and a Super Bowl victory. He will be remembered as an Iron Man.

He will also be remebered by having the most INTs of any QB and how he left GB.

That is who BF is.

red
11-06-2013, 08:41 PM
nicely put TD

woodbuck27
11-06-2013, 10:32 PM
I doubt he'll be remembered for those games either. That isn't what I said. Rutnstrut said "Favre at his worst is better than Wallace at his best." I picked two games I clearly remember as a Packer fan where Favre played like crap. Yes even HOF QBs are going to have crap games. ARod had one a couple of weeks ago. I will remember that also.

Yes I have a good memory and instead of "Creating the Myth" that is BF I will remember who he really was, both the good and the bad. I will remember the Super Bowl win and then the Super Bowl loss the next year. I will remember the OAK game after his dad died and the 2007 playoff game against the Giants. I will remember that GB had a chance to win any game that BF started. I will remember all the come from behind fourth quarter victories and all the fourth quarter INTs that sealed a loss.

When BF goes into the HOF he will be remembered as having the most wins, yards and TDs of any QB. He will be remebered for 3 MVPs in a row and a Super Bowl victory. He will be remembered as an Iron Man.

He will also be remebered by having the most INTs of any QB and how he left GB.

That is who BF is.

Yup. I misunderstood your position and former response. :-o

Good return response ThunderDan. I remember all of those times as well and many many more. Brett Favre is hardly any Pro athlete that a fan could forget easily.

Patler
11-07-2013, 01:23 AM
OK I'll bite.

GO PACKERS !

For me, it has nothing to do with Seneca Wallace. Even if Wallace is terrible, I don't want Brett Favre back. My recollection is he was not very good in 2010. As Red mentioned, there was much talk about whether he should be benched, and if the Vikings would end his streak in that way.

Now, he is three years older.

I remember Johnny Unitas trying to play a final year with the Chargers, and Willie Mays playing a final year with the Mets. It was sad watching formerly great players who had deteriorated so much. Neither belonged in their game anymore. I'm not a big Favre supporter, but I also have no interest in seeing him embarass himself or the team.

I would rather see what Scott Tolzien can do.

Fritz
11-07-2013, 06:16 AM
We're all freaking out because Seneca Wallace didn't look very good, but neither did Matty Flynn when he came in against Detroit in 2010. But the next week he looked better.

I think Seneca Wallace is a back up because he's not that good, and we've been spoiled, so for Packer fans he looked awful. But he'll be better this week.

No back up is going to satisfy a Packer fan, because Packer fans have gotten used to superior QB play over the past twenty years.

Infamous
11-07-2013, 07:28 AM

HAHAHAHAHA

Pugger
11-07-2013, 11:24 AM
We're all freaking out because Seneca Wallace didn't look very good, but neither did Matty Flynn when he came in against Detroit in 2010. But the next week he looked better.

I think Seneca Wallace is a back up because he's not that good, and we've been spoiled, so for Packer fans he looked awful. But he'll be better this week.

No back up is going to satisfy a Packer fan, because Packer fans have gotten used to superior QB play over the past twenty years.

I too think we'll see better play from Wallace on Sunday. All we need Seneca to do is get us thru these next 4 games with a couple of wins. If we can play .500 ball until Rodgers returns we'll be okay.

woodbuck27
11-07-2013, 12:02 PM

I get four games early Sunday but not Philly @ Green Bay; so I'll likely go to NFL.Com for the feel of this game. With Detroit @ Chicago. How huge is this game for our teams playoff hopes?

HUGE !!

As Packer fans we need to see an entire team effort ... a gritty performance and an excellent game plan and with Seneca Wallace's arm as we saw it this week; that takes away any deep routes. This has to be Seneca Wallace's time as an NFL QB. MM has to go to our strength and use his horses...his RB's. Right now our depth chart at RB shows:

RB - 1. Eddie Lacy 2. James Starks 3. Johnathan Franklin

Over the next four games these three men have to remain healthy/active. For any chance our running game must stand up. We need to get men back off injury and some luck on that front in terms of less heat there. The injuries have ben cruel to us.

GO PACKERS !

Infamous
11-10-2013, 12:33 PM
I too think we'll see better play from Wallace on Sunday. All we need Seneca to do is get us thru these next 4 games with a couple of wins. If we can play .500 ball until Rodgers returns we'll be okay.

Call Favre..........................not now, but RIGHT NOW!! Geez!

Rutnstrut
11-10-2013, 03:41 PM
Pretty sure even a 44 year old Favre would have lasted longer than Wallace.

woodbuck27
11-10-2013, 03:50 PM
Pretty sure even a 44 year old Favre would have lasted longer than Wallace.

It's time for a longer look at Scott Tolzien.

MM has to start him at New York next week.

Rutnstrut
11-10-2013, 03:54 PM
It's time for a longer look at Scott Tolzien.

MM has to start him at New York next week.

Absolutely, I'm not lobbying for Favre. Just adding to the argument that Favre even now is still better than Wallace.

denverYooper
11-10-2013, 03:58 PM
Tolzien is the new Favre. It's just too damn bad he didn't rally the team to a 4th quarter comeback. That would have been some shit.

red
11-10-2013, 04:00 PM
Tolzien is the new Favre. It's just too damn bad he didn't rally the team to a 4th quarter comeback. That would have been some shit.

he would have had to keep his team in the game for him to be able to attempt a comeback

Teamcheez1
11-10-2013, 04:05 PM
Absolutely, I'm not lobbying for Favre. Just adding to the argument that Favre even now is still better than Wallace.

Sure. A guy who is 44 years old, hasn't played a game in 3 years, and the last time I remember seeing him on the field, was playing the worst football of his career.

How many QB's are playing in the league that are 40+, even as a back-up? No disrespect to Mr. Favre, but even he knows the game has passed him by.

Infamous
11-11-2013, 07:15 AM
Sure. A guy who is 44 years old, hasn't played a game in 3 years, and the last time I remember seeing him on the field, was playing the worst football of his career.

How many QB's are playing in the league that are 40+, even as a back-up? No disrespect to Mr. Favre, but even he knows the game has passed him by.

"ARMS OF A BLACK SMITH!" competes in triathlons daily!

Upnorth
11-11-2013, 08:29 AM
Blue 52 blue 52, how many times do I have to tell you I ordered 52 lbs of kentucky blue grass to reseed my lawn.

Rutnstrut
11-11-2013, 09:10 AM

My point was that Favre more than likely wouldn't have torn a vag muscle doing nothing like Taco did.

bobblehead
11-11-2013, 09:47 AM
My point was that Favre more than likely wouldn't have torn a vag muscle doing nothing like Taco did.

My guess is that out of the NFL, Mr. Favre has discovered the wonders of HgH and strict dieting and would be splendid for 4 games. I was happy he was shown the door, thought he was an asshat, but given the options, I would welcome him back.

red
11-11-2013, 09:50 AM
My guess is that out of the NFL, Mr. Favre has discovered the wonders of HgH

my guess is favre has discovered the joys of high school girls at the high school he's coaching at

ThunderDan
11-11-2013, 10:47 AM

Except that wasn't your argument. It was that Favre at his worst is better than Wallace at his best.

Rutnstrut
11-11-2013, 11:42 AM
Except that wasn't your argument. It was that Favre at his worst is better than Wallace at his best.

I guess we'll never know as Favre is retired and Wallace has a vagina injury that will probably keep him out forever.

KYPack
11-11-2013, 11:44 AM
my guess is favre has discovered the joys of high school girls at the high school he's coaching at

Yeah.

I've been worried about that, too.

red
11-11-2013, 01:47 PM
Yeah.

I've been worried about that, too.

in unrelated news, mark chmura recently bought a house down in that area because he "wanted to be closer to his buddy, and maybe take up coaching"

Packers4Glory
11-11-2013, 01:54 PM
who cares if Favre had a poor season in 2010. the year before he was a legit MVP candidate. Lots of things went downhill that year for the Vikes. That doesn't mean in 2012 Favre wouldn't have put up a much better season.

woodbuck27
11-13-2013, 06:23 AM
OFFICIAL BRETT THE LIVING LEGEND THREAD

Started by MOBB DEEP.

Has any member any knowledge/anything on the creator of this thread...... The Packerrat member known as MOOB DEEP ?

red
11-13-2013, 07:55 AM
well, i know he was cook, as shit

Infamous
11-19-2013, 05:54 AM
Oh my goodness favre looked ancient on Matt Lauer!! I tried to download pic but couldn't figure out how in timely fashion

Infamous
11-19-2013, 05:55 AM
OFFICIAL BRETT THE LIVING LEGEND THREAD

Started by MOBB DEEP.

Has any member any knowledge/anything on the creator of this thread...... The Packerrat member known as MOOB DEEP ?

That would be moi!!

woodbuck27
11-19-2013, 06:50 AM
That would be moi!!

Come on Man.... :-?

Seriously !???

KYPack
11-19-2013, 06:54 AM
That would be moi!!

Who is the greatest cornerback in Packer History?

woodbuck27
11-19-2013, 07:06 AM
Who is the greatest cornerback in Packer History?

Hint:

His last name begins with the letter 'A'.

KYPack
11-19-2013, 08:47 AM
Hint:

His last name begins with the letter 'A'.

Nope.

It was Mike McKenzie, according to Mobb Deep.

woodbuck27
11-19-2013, 08:59 AM
Nope.

Ahh shoot KY ... you gave that up too soon.

Scrap that post ASAP !!

By the way...nice move this past week in the Pro Pickem 13-2 record and 112 CP's ... **aggressive** and impressive (** New York Giants).

Nice calls with Oakland, Miami and ** Carolina.

**Sad the way it is now with the Packers but the Pro Pickem requires prudence over homerism.

denverYooper
11-19-2013, 09:12 AM
That would be moi!!

Sittin' pretty.

KYPack
11-19-2013, 09:45 AM
Ahh shoot KY ... you gave that up too soon.

Scrap that post ASAP !!

By the way...nice move this past week in the Pro Pickem 13-2 record and 112 CP's ... **aggressive** and impressive (** New York Giants).

Nice calls with Oakland, Miami and ** Carolina.

**Sad the way it is now with the Packers but the Pro Pickem requires prudence over homerism.

Yeah, I shudda played that one out.

Well I've picked the most winners, but don't seem to weight 'em right.

Mobb was a funny duck.

He would only be Black Centric about certain guys.

He had him some SERIOUS Favre love.

His first post is still a hoot, sounds like it was written by a little kid.

denverYooper
12-06-2013, 10:14 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Ba2kybvCYAAHAIY.jpg:large

denverYooper
12-06-2013, 10:21 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Ba2uj6zCYAA11do.jpg:large

woodbuck27
12-06-2013, 10:55 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Ba2kybvCYAAHAIY.jpg:large

That man...has he been hunting?

Bretsky
12-07-2013, 06:54 AM
That man...has he been hunting?

http://www.nbc15.com/home/headlines/Favre-helps-coach-prep-team-to-state-title-234881781.html

woodbuck27
12-07-2013, 07:13 AM
http://www.nbc15.com/home/headlines/Favre-helps-coach-prep-team-to-state-title-234881781.html

Good for Brett Favre.

Favre lost many BIG games. Noone will ever take away the fact he helped get his teams there.

So many NFL wins as a starting QB.

So much time spent far away from his real home...family...real friends.

Now he can recoup some of that. Now he can take all he knows about winning and losing back to the game he has loved...loves.

Football.

Brett Favre ... Green Bay Packer QB 1992-2007

255 straight NFL Regular Season Games as a Green Bay Packer.

http://www.nfl.com/player/brettfavre/2500606/careerstats

woodbuck27
12-07-2013, 02:57 PM
I'm watching a feature on NFL.Com RE: the TOP TEN Dallas Cowboys and Troy Aikman comes in at #6 and they comment on his decade of Boys football and from 1990 to 199 Aikman recorded a fabulous they said 90 wins.

In a consecutive 10 year period; starting in his first year as an NFL starting QB, as a Green Bay Packer 1992-2001 Brett Favre recorded a total of ? wins ? :

I was so shocked that I had to check this number a couple of times. I mean it's a BIG number for a 10 year run from beginning as a starting QB in the NFL. Favre started with the Packers without a huge hitch. He was a winner out of the gate.

103 WINS !

Let's >>> GO >>> BIGGER !

In a ten year period from 1995 (When Favre was ALL WORLD) to 2004. :

Brett Favre led the Green Bay Packers to 109 WINS !

The Green Bay Packer Record over that same period was: 109 W - 51 L and a 0.681 winning percentage.

That 10 season period included 8 x seasons with a minimum '10' wins. One '8' and one '9' win season.

How many QB's in NFL History compare better in the regular season over their best consecutive ten years?

Who are they? I'll start with:

Tom Brady 2003-12 (116 Wins) and 9 seasons with a min. 10 wins.

Peyton Manning 2001-10 (115 Wins) and 9 seasons with a min. 10 wins.

Others?

How bout those Favre led Packers !

Infamous
12-30-2013, 02:54 AM
Nope.

MAC THE GREAT!!!! BRING BLACK MAC!! hahahaha.........those were the days!!!!

JSOnline was the starting point!

Infamous
12-30-2013, 02:57 AM
He would only be Black Centric about certain guys.

He had him some SERIOUS Favre love.

His first post is still a hoot, sounds like it was written by a little kid.

right right and right!

SO many off topic convos were had too; politics race religion

Infamous
12-30-2013, 03:00 AM
I do wonder if Lord Favre cheers for the Pack and if he should/can? Interesting this week bc he is pals with harbaugh, not so much with fatboy mccarthy'nem

denverYooper
12-30-2013, 08:17 AM
I do wonder if Lord Favre cheers for the Pack and if he should/can? Interesting this week bc he is pals with harbaugh, not so much with fatboy mccarthy'nem

I don't know, but Bishop had some cryptic tweets yesterday indicating that he was pulling for the G.

SOLDIER!

woodbuck27
12-30-2013, 10:33 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Ba2uj6zCYAA11do.jpg:large

Favre looks like Kris Kristofferson in that photo. He looks like Richard Gere in more recent photos when he's cleaned up.

So ... can he sing and act?

Fritz
12-30-2013, 10:51 AM
We know he can act.

KYPack
12-30-2013, 05:05 PM

Are you really Mobb?

If so, welcome back.

MadtownPacker
12-30-2013, 05:18 PM
Are you really Mobb?

If so, welcome bLack.
Fixed

gbgary
12-30-2013, 06:08 PM
Are you really Mobb?

If so, welcome back.

cool!

woodbuck27
12-30-2013, 06:28 PM
We know he can act.

https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTCW4fJRIo6woqINsyiv3uI291OPEBm9 wM0yiuqe9Hi_AC72RiXCQ

What's dat sherrrr sayin'. I luv Bret Fuuurrve.

woodbuck27
02-22-2014, 10:50 AM
http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/thaw-in-the-air-for-brett-favre-packers-b99211274z1-246641491.html#ixzz2u44tU3Tt

Thaw in the air for Brett Favre, Packers

Feb. 21, 2014

GO PACK GO !

mraynrand
02-22-2014, 11:19 AM

LORD FAVRE! The poster who started the whole kerfuffle!

BRING BLACK MOBB!

OS PA
03-05-2014, 04:02 PM
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1980939-brett-favres-grey-beard-and-muscles-are-completely-out-of-control

http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/article/media_slots/photos/001/413/511/f7d38c023ba5ddb4a781d09ef4c17028_original.jpg?1393 956934

pbmax
03-05-2014, 04:31 PM
Must be cold in Mississippi too.

red
03-05-2014, 04:38 PM
theres something not right about his arms

i remember a picture from last year where ones of his arms looked freakishly deformed

in this picture, he looks ripped beyond all believe, but he was never all that buffed or ripped when he was playing

mraynrand
03-05-2014, 09:46 PM
He could be Russell Crowes' understudy

Joemailman
03-05-2014, 09:48 PM
Can he skin Grizz?

pbmax
03-05-2014, 10:17 PM
He looks like Popeye.

woodbuck27
03-06-2014, 12:53 AM
He looks like Popeye.

He looks like someone you wouldn't want to mess with.

He's in seriously good shape.

mraynrand
03-06-2014, 08:08 AM
I have no doubt that F'er could walk onto an NFL field next fall and win a game. He'd throw three picks, but he'd win the game.

Cheesehead Craig
03-06-2014, 08:32 AM
If he can play a 3 technique DT, I'd say bring him back.

Rutnstrut
03-06-2014, 12:11 PM
theres something not right about his arms

i remember a picture from last year where ones of his arms looked freakishly deformed

in this picture, he looks ripped beyond all believe, but he was never all that buffed or ripped when he was playing

I read somewhere that he's turned into a fitness freak, works out 7 days a week and hits it hard.

denverYooper
03-06-2014, 02:34 PM
He chops a lot of wood these days.

MadtownPacker
03-06-2014, 04:07 PM
Damn the old man is yoked! Probably can throw through a wall now.

Joemailman
03-06-2014, 06:20 PM
Damn the old man is yoked! Probably can throw through a wall now.

Maybe Jenn will take a 2nd look.

red
03-06-2014, 06:49 PM
Maybe Jenn will take a 2nd look.

maybe his forearms look so big because of jenn, can't imagine things have been all nicey-nicey at home since croc gate happened

i know my forearms are pretty big

Fritz
03-06-2014, 07:38 PM
maybe his forearms look so big because of jenn, can't imagine things have been all nicey-nicey at home since croc gate happened

You crack me up, red.

gbgary
03-07-2014, 12:48 AM
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1980939-brett-favres-grey-beard-and-muscles-are-completely-out-of-control

http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/article/media_slots/photos/001/413/511/f7d38c023ba5ddb4a781d09ef4c17028_original.jpg?1393 956934

getting himself ready to take over as 'Ragnar the Viking.'

mraynrand
03-07-2014, 01:54 AM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-m76imvwHNhc/UFuwTDugbVI/AAAAAAAAAC4/sVqRc_XVuLc/s1600/Casper.jpg

woodbuck27
03-07-2014, 02:24 AM
getting himself ready to take over as 'Ragnar the Viking.'

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQYteIgcSH2H1b_JU_DiIPEeN7wYSyoe IVNry8shtPIJlBR7cltug

I think it's a lot like this: Kenny Rodgers.

pbmax
03-07-2014, 07:52 AM
Hopefully it doesn't turn into this

http://i1.ytimg.com/vi/G8_EfOizrpw/hqdefault.jpg

RUnuts
03-07-2014, 01:36 PM
He's going for a tryout on Duck Dynasty.

Fritz
03-07-2014, 05:27 PM
I think he's getting his own show - Dick Dynasty.

bobblehead
03-07-2014, 08:10 PM
This is the fucking best this thread has been in 500+ pages!!!!

woodbuck27
03-22-2014, 06:44 AM
http://vimeo.com/60488925

"Last Day at Lambeau" (2012) Online Screener

from StoryFirst Media PRO ... 1 year ago

" A documentary that will be of great interest to football fans in general and Packer fans in particular, Last Day at Lambeau chronicles the adoration and contempt that millions of sports fans feel toward pro football star Brett Favre. The film depicts the divorce of Favre and the Green Bay Packers in 2008 and concludes with Favre's last game at Lambeau Field on October 24, 2010."

GO PACKERS ! GO PACK GO !

pbmax
04-02-2014, 11:48 AM
Chris B. Brown ‏@smartfootball 1h
I love these Jon Gruden stories about Brett Favre when he was with Packers. I vividly remember both of these plays: http://youtu.be/5Mu4ImS3dlM?t=11m43s …

Gruden with Manziel at QB Camp talks Favre.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Mu4ImS3dlM&feature=youtu.be&t=11m43s

Smidgeon
04-02-2014, 01:30 PM
Chris B. Brown ‏@smartfootball 1h
I love these Jon Gruden stories about Brett Favre when he was with Packers. I vividly remember both of these plays: http://youtu.be/5Mu4ImS3dlM?t=11m43s …

Gruden with Manziel at QB Camp talks Favre.

Yeah, those behind the scenes stories are pretty special.

Rutnstrut
04-03-2014, 11:14 AM
Can you imagine all the cool stories all of Favres past coaches probably have?

Smeefers
04-15-2014, 03:56 PM
http://espn.go.com/blog/green-bay-packers/post/_/id/8966/green-bay-packers-tried-to-have-brett-favre-reunion-last-year

More hoopla about favre and the packers getting back together, but this was my favorite part

"Perhaps Favre’s return could take place this coming season, considering he reportedly will not return to his role as offensive coordinator at Oak Grove High School, which won the Mississippi 6A title last fall."

He's retiring again!

Or is he?

Freak Out
04-15-2014, 04:15 PM
Can Favre play ILB?

mraynrand
04-15-2014, 05:39 PM
Can Favre play ILB?

with how ripped he is, you betcha! Better than hanging out at the Broke Spoke.

Guiness
04-17-2014, 02:58 PM
This is the thread for stories about former NFL QBs, right? Seems like as good a place as any...

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BlcY8T2CcAAiQ2V.jpg

Mugshot of McNabb - supposedly for a 'criminal traffic citation'. AFAIK, all traffic tickets are inherently criminal offenses, but you don't generally end up getting a mugshot taken! Probably DUI, or he his someone. Kind of odd they didn't release that information.

http://ktar.com/22/1724244/Former-NFL-quarterback-Donovan-McNabb-arrested-in-Phoenix-area

woodbuck27
06-14-2014, 12:12 PM
http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/262917991.html

Brett Favre on relationship with Rodgers: 'No ill feelings. I thought we got along well'

By: Tyler Dunne of the Journal Sentinel

June 12, 2014

Green Bay ---

" We interrupt today's Aaron Rodgers Q&A with a Brett Favre update.

Naturally.

The former Green Bay Packers quarterback made an appearance on SiriusXM today. Nothing ground-breaking but he did address a few topics for the first time that were interesting. Favre talked about his return to Lambeau Field as a Minnesota Viking, his relationship with Aaron Rodgers and what it'd take for him to suit up again.

A few running highlights from his interview... " Fr. LINK

Please click on the LINK for the entire story.

woodbuck27
06-14-2014, 12:23 PM

Ehh red ...... are you "BIG" like this guy?

http://cdn.screenrant.com/wp-content/uploads/kung-fu-panda-2-furious-five.jpg

woodbuck27
06-14-2014, 12:48 PM
This is the thread for stories about former NFL QBs, right? Seems like as good a place as any...

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BlcY8T2CcAAiQ2V.jpg

Mugshot of McNabb - supposedly for a 'criminal traffic citation'. AFAIK, all traffic tickets are inherently criminal offenses, but you don't generally end up getting a mugshot taken! Probably DUI, or he his someone. Kind of odd they didn't release that information.

http://ktar.com/22/1724244/Former-NFL-quarterback-Donovan-McNabb-arrested-in-Phoenix-area

No Guiness ! :???:

Donovan McNabb news shouldn't have been placed on the Brett Favre thread but here it is just like "peanuts in the shell" at a gourmet food banquet.

Brett Favre:

Packer QB...Future HOFer...Legendary...Ironman... Leads all NFL QB's in Touchdown Pass's (508 TD's)...Leads all NFL QBs in Yards Passing (71,838 yards)....Leads all NFL QB's in Pass Completions ( 6300) .... Leads all NFL QB's in pass attempts (10,169) and....

Chipping in Leads all NFL QB's in starts by a player (298), and wins by a starting quarterback (186).

Known as one of if not the Greatest NFL Gunslingers of ALL TIME and this had a cost. He leads the NFL ALL TIME in Picks with 336...... that's one pick for every 18.75 pass's completed; one (1) pick for every 214 yards passing.

Donovan McNabb shouldn't be mentioned in the same sentence with Brett Favre little more be placed on this thread but here it is. That's the stuff that makes the world "spin'.

BZnDallas
06-14-2014, 02:28 PM
My very FIRST post in this thread EVER!

TOO SOON! There are THREE parties to this saga... TT and the Pack Org, BF, and the Fans... WE the fans aren't ready yet... I'll admit I'm not ready yet... save this supposed 'happy occasion' for a time when all THREE parties can and will enjoy it... As it stands right now, BF and TT and the Pack Org have been making amends... some fans (like my father) have forgiven him, some fans don't care anymore, and some fans (let me put this politely) just aren't ready yet... If they go through with this, this season, like I'm afraid they will, its only going to come out as a negative... When it happens, I'm scared there will be more boos than cheers and that will cast a shadow over the event when if they wait a couple more years, more fans might come around on the idea... especially if BF has some time to truly show the fans he's sorry...

My reasoning for not being ready yet are mine and mine alone, other fans may share in my reasons but I don't force them on anyone and usually only share them when asked by friends or other fans... i'm willing to share them here and understand not everybody agrees... but again they are my feelings not yours...

When I think about the situation as a whole it was a huge black eye for the organization top to bottom, especially the fans (the one party not getting paid life changing sums of money, in this love triangle)... One word keeps coming to mind... Premeditated... I realize that word is usually followed by the word murder... and in NO way am I comparing murder to the GB,BF fiasco... this isn't a situation where BF got mad once, blew a fuse, and was kicked off the team... BF thought he was GM of the team... he thought he was bigger than any one piece of the team... When he couldn't dictate who made the team and who didn't, he got angry, and his anger grew... It boiled and boiled and boiled until he couldn't take it anymore... He was BF, no. 4, the man! He took things personally and in turn made things personal... Never once thinking about the people and fan base that supported him and his family in a number of heart breaking and soul searching events. To the death of a father, the death of a brother, to a cancer diagnosis, through a pain reliever addiction and others... This wasn't just ANY fan base... this was the GREEN BAY PACKER FAN BASE... and BF and his family devised a plan to not be a member of this organization anymore... He/they tried to get traded, kicked out, retired, not retired back to retired again etc... Anything he could so he could try and find his way to a rival team so he could stick it the GB family... GB tried to smooth things over in my opinion by making concessions... (at one point allowing him to come back and compete for the starting gig, another time offering $20 million to be the face of the franchise, etc...) And that's not to say GB didn't own any fault in this either, because they have guilt as well... So eventually after enough had been enough, the most unthinkable of unthinkable things happened... BF was traded and a fan base was crushed... Even after all the drama, when the trade actually went through, there was a collective gasp, 'The gut punched felt 'round the World'... A fan base lost a family member... So after a failed attempt to play QB for the JETS, whether it was a dick pick text message or high compensation he was released... Finally his Premeditating worked, he could sign with the one team he could stick it to the Packers with...

The day I saw him walk out of the tunnel in GB in a purple uniform, was the day he officially turned his back on me... I thought to myself, while shaking my head, "I hope its worth it" Up to this point everything else could have been forgiven with a little time and space... Now would have been a great time to retire his number had he not walked out of that tunnel in purple... That didn't show me that you loved the game sir, it showed me that you are selfish, vindictive, and you don't care about the people that spent countless amounts of money, sweat and tears to support you and your family... You turned your back on me sir, now that we've had success without you and showed you life goes on without you, you want to come back like a savior in shining armor and have your number retired? NO SIR, HERE'S MY BACK!

Pugger
06-14-2014, 03:47 PM
I'm ready. Yeah, it sucked he went to MN but we got the last laugh here. He beat us twice in that first year wearing that god-awful purple but melted down in the playoffs against the Saints throwing yet another game killing INT and then got beat to hell the following season while we went on and won the Super Bowl. It appears things are thawing between the player and the team. I'm a lot more interested in the 2014 season than I am harboring grudges against past players - even players like #4.

BZnDallas
06-14-2014, 04:40 PM
I think that's a very healthy attitude to have Pug... I wish I shared it with you... LOL... I'm not the booing type of fan... If I were at the retired number game I'd probably just stand there... not cheer but not boo either... I guess what I'm trying to say is, I'd rather wait a couple more years and have more fans on board with the retiring of the number... Do we really want to have more boos than cheers when we do this? It would be embarrassing to hear more boos on TV nationally than cheers... just another black eye... I very much agree as well Pug I'm ready to focus on the 2014 season... too soon to worry about number retiring...

Just Jeff
06-14-2014, 05:21 PM
Do we really want to have more boos than cheers when we do this? It would be embarrassing to hear more boos on TV nationally than cheers... just another black eye
If you can even imagine that, you don't know Packer fans. One winning season in the 20 years prior to Favre, one losing season with him. I know there are a lot of factors, but fans aren't stupid. If you don't appreciate those Favre years, you're stupid. What happened after those years is no different than what happened when Kampman, Harris or Brown left. Who cares. When they were here, they were all fan favorites.

woodbuck27
06-15-2014, 07:42 AM
My very FIRST post in this thread EVER!

TOO SOON! There are THREE parties to this saga... TT and the Pack Org, BF, and the Fans... WE the fans aren't ready yet... I'll admit I'm not ready yet... save this supposed 'happy occasion' for a time when all THREE parties can and will enjoy it... As it stands right now, BF and TT and the Pack Org have been making amends... some fans (like my father) have forgiven him, some fans don't care anymore, and some fans (let me put this politely) just aren't ready yet... If they go through with this, this season, like I'm afraid they will, its only going to come out as a negative... When it happens, I'm scared there will be more boos than cheers and that will cast a shadow over the event when if they wait a couple more years, more fans might come around on the idea... especially if BF has some time to truly show the fans he's sorry...

My reasoning for not being ready yet are mine and mine alone, other fans may share in my reasons but I don't force them on anyone and usually only share them when asked by friends or other fans... i'm willing to share them here and understand not everybody agrees... but again they are my feelings not yours...

When I think about the situation as a whole it was a huge black eye for the organization top to bottom, especially the fans (the one party not getting paid life changing sums of money, in this love triangle)... One word keeps coming to mind... Premeditated... I realize that word is usually followed by the word murder... and in NO way am I comparing murder to the GB,BF fiasco... this isn't a situation where BF got mad once, blew a fuse, and was kicked off the team... BF thought he was GM of the team... he thought he was bigger than any one piece of the team... When he couldn't dictate who made the team and who didn't, he got angry, and his anger grew... It boiled and boiled and boiled until he couldn't take it anymore... He was BF, no. 4, the man! He took things personally and in turn made things personal... Never once thinking about the people and fan base that supported him and his family in a number of heart breaking and soul searching events. To the death of a father, the death of a brother, to a cancer diagnosis, through a pain reliever addiction and others... This wasn't just ANY fan base... this was the GREEN BAY PACKER FAN BASE... and BF and his family devised a plan to not be a member of this organization anymore... He/they tried to get traded, kicked out, retired, not retired back to retired again etc... Anything he could so he could try and find his way to a rival team so he could stick it the GB family... GB tried to smooth things over in my opinion by making concessions... (at one point allowing him to come back and compete for the starting gig, another time offering $20 million to be the face of the franchise, etc...) And that's not to say GB didn't own any fault in this either, because they have guilt as well... So eventually after enough had been enough, the most unthinkable of unthinkable things happened... BF was traded and a fan base was crushed... Even after all the drama, when the trade actually went through, there was a collective gasp, 'The gut punched felt 'round the World'... A fan base lost a family member... So after a failed attempt to play QB for the JETS, whether it was a dick pick text message or high compensation he was released... Finally his Premeditating worked, he could sign with the one team he could stick it to the Packers with...

The day I saw him walk out of the tunnel in GB in a purple uniform, was the day he officially turned his back on me... I thought to myself, while shaking my head, "I hope its worth it" Up to this point everything else could have been forgiven with a little time and space... Now would have been a great time to retire his number had he not walked out of that tunnel in purple... That didn't show me that you loved the game sir, it showed me that you are selfish, vindictive, and you don't care about the people that spent countless amounts of money, sweat and tears to support you and your family... You turned your back on me sir, now that we've had success without you and showed you life goes on without you, you want to come back like a savior in shining armor and have your number retired? NO SIR, HERE'S MY BACK!

BZnDallas That's an enormous post as you pour it out there and do so with class/control. CONGRATULATIONS Packer fan. :-)

When I Rep a post I don't often announce that to the forum. Your post is somehow special and deserves my open recognition as such.

I rate your post as a Rep + !

I'm not the BIGGEST Brett Favre fan in Packer Nation; yet I certainly cannot forget all he gave to me as a Packer fan that was great in terms of excitement. Along with that I endured the pain of disappointment "in the Brett Favre Era" that comes with pulling for a team and organization for going on six full decades. Overall I find for Favre over the way the Packers Management fumbled the ball and placing Aaron Rodgers in the position as our starting QB. Aaron Rodgers time had more than just come. His time was then ! Aaron Rodgers was certainly a smart/essential move or risk losing him in Free Agency. Aaron Rodgers was ready and he's proven that was clearly the TRUTH.

We now enjoy the Aaron Rodgers Era, yet getting back to Brett Favre and his unfortunate exit or trade from the Green Bay Packers to the New York Jets for a draft pick:

Some Packer fans and people didn't truly see Brett Favre as he existed then. Brett Favre was at the top of his game in the 2007 season and nearly won the NFL MVP award for the fourth time with his outstanding 2007 season. Going back to that time when the Packer management decided to install Aaron Rodgers as the "starting QB"; who was Brett Favre? For over a decade Favre was not only " the face of the Green Bay Packers but the face of the NFL".

I felt that the Green Bay Packer organization and much of the fan base ignored or didn't fully appreciate one outstanding quality of Favre's that any truly great Pro athlete must possess. Favre's outstanding will and passion for his sport (football); his strong desire to win and to achieve as no one else ever had. Favre also had a weakness. His desire to feel wanted in Green Bay and moreso strongly appreciated. Did such lead to a bruised ego?

I don't believe so as all he desired was to paly football and his outstanding 2007 season merited that position.

Did Favre take the Packer managements decision to go with Aaron Rodgers, personally? I don't feel it had a lot to do with Aaron Rodgers. It had to do with a conflict between Favre and managements position and not selling out to all Favre wanted. It came down to him not getting what he so desired. Such often leads to selfishness and indignation? Favre is after all human and emotional.

The bottom line as I viewed it was this:

Favre exerted his rights as a Pro football player to extend his career and pursue a desire of excellence that he worked so hard to raise to a certain high level? Like many Pro athletes of extreme prowess, Favre got back to ignoring when it was time to truly allow himself to just let go. His desire to continue exceeded any real will to retire.

I'm watching Peyton Manning to see if he does better than Brett Favre as he continues to position himself to surpass many (all of) Favre's NFL passing records.

Sometimes a man's ego can be his own worst enemy. Isn't ego related to extremes in terms of talent/skill and success?

Brett Favre left the game of football (NFL) leaving a certain imprint on the history of the NFL and level of excellence in the game of football. Brett Favre is a no brainer first time eligible inductee into the NFL Hall Of Fame in 2016.

It would be incredibly embarrassing to the outstanding history and reputation of the Green Bay Packer organization to go on ignoring Brett Favre and his certain right to be honored in Green Bay, as the tremendous Packer he was. Simply get it done or enter him in the Packer HOF and retire his number 4. [B]

It's time to get this one out of the way and done RIGHT. To move to the future clearly by dealing with the past correctly and honorably.

To not get that done will be viewed forever as "sour grapes" and a perpetual black eye to the Green Bay Packers and it's "most important" history.

All ego's need to take a rest on this issue. Why? Simply because that position is best. That position serves the HISTORY of the GREEN BAY PACKERS FIRST AND FOREMOST. That's far bigger than any one member of Packer Nations gripe/dashed ego.

Any position otherwise lies with the individual and his/her struggle to cope with all that it has been. I wish y'all luck and that. As Packer fans we have more important bait to cut. :-)

Brett Favre should be honoured and certainly appreciably by the Green Bay Packers organization no later than by the mid way point of the 2015 Season. I hope that all parties understand the gravity of ignoring getting this done.

[B]GO PACK GO ! GO PACKERS !

channtheman
06-15-2014, 10:43 PM
I'm pretty much over being upset with Favre. Time heals and just like I can't remember what I ate for lunch, I can't even remember why we were mad at him. I sorta forgot he even played for the Vikings for a bit there. If they have to, maybe the Packers can put Favre4Ever on the jumbotron before they bring him out and let us all remember the fun loving young Bert cracking jokes on teammates, coaches, and refs alike.

pbmax
06-15-2014, 11:00 PM
Just have the comeback at the Midway Motor Lodge by invitation only, guaranteed enthusiastic reception. You get an invite after writing a paean to Brett in five pages. Or after 10,000 posts in one thread on a message board.

Rutnstrut
06-17-2014, 12:46 AM
Can Favre play ILB?

Maybe just have him come in and heckle Clay every time he gets a hangnail and wants to sit out.

Pugger
06-17-2014, 08:51 AM
Maybe just have him come in and heckle Clay every time he gets a hangnail and wants to sit out.

Yeah, Clay hates playing. He should have just taped up that thumb and got his ass back out there. :roll:

woodbuck27
06-17-2014, 09:05 AM
Yeah, Clay hates playing. He should have just taped up that thumb and got his ass back out there. :roll:

That thump injury of Clay Matthew III's might concern every Packer fan.

It might end his career as we knew it.

Just Jeff
06-17-2014, 12:34 PM
That thump injury of Clay Matthew III's might concern every Packer fan.

It might end his career as we knew it.

When you say "as we know it". Is that to mean that now he will play more or less than the 8 games or so a year, we've come to know?

Rutnstrut
06-17-2014, 12:49 PM
When you say "as we know it". Is that to mean that now he will play more or less than the 8 games or so a year, we've come to know?

Come on now, the thumb injury is to blame for all the other years also.

pbmax
06-17-2014, 01:06 PM
Wrong thread. In ability to read data in a chart belongs in a thread Patler will see.

BZnDallas
06-17-2014, 06:40 PM
Preciate the love Woodbuck. As for JJ, I'm not sure if you know bud, but the Green Bay Packer fan base is worldly. That means its really big covering many countries and many people. I for one don't have a lot of faith in human beings. As a collective whole, we are destroying the planet we live on. Too many people in one place at one time and bad things happen. The individual on the other hand is brilliant and yadda yadda yadda. My point here being with a fan base being as large as the one we all are apart of (lets not forget that, and start with childish name calling), there are bound to be crazies out there possible of making a spectacle out of what should be a glorious occasion. That's all I'm trying to say. I'm not a boo'er, I'd probably turn my back, but I have a better option. I just won't leave Dallas and fly up to GB to catch that game. (somewhere the individual being brilliant is coming back into focus)

PS. IF alcohol is involved, it only makes it worse!

woodbuck27
06-19-2014, 11:23 AM

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clay_Matthews_III

Career highlights and awards

4× Pro Bowl (2009, 2010, 2011, 2012)

2× All-Pro (2010, 2012)

woodbuck27
06-19-2014, 11:33 AM
Preciate the love Woodbuck. As for JJ, I'm not sure if you know bud, but the Green Bay Packer fan base is worldly. That means its really big covering many countries and many people. I for one don't have a lot of faith in human beings. As a collective whole, we are destroying the planet we live on. Too many people in one place at one time and bad things happen. The individual on the other hand is brilliant and yadda yadda yadda. My point here being with a fan base being as large as the one we all are apart of (lets not forget that, and start with childish name calling), there are bound to be crazies out there possible of making a spectacle out of what should be a glorious occasion. That's all I'm trying to say. I'm not a boo'er, I'd probably turn my back, but I have a better option. I just won't leave Dallas and fly up to GB to catch that game. (somewhere the individual being brilliant is coming back into focus)

PS. IF alcohol is involved, it only makes it worse!

RE: Brett Favre's eventual big day and "possible" boo's from some Packer fans:

My position is this and I take nothing away from how sensitive (nervous) Brett Favre may now or then be and some Packer fans booing in Lambeau Field as Brett Favre is introduced and honored:

So what if that really does happen. There are idiots / bad guys in every crowd.

Fritz
06-19-2014, 11:38 AM
I'm ready. Yeah, it sucked he went to MN but we got the last laugh here. He beat us twice in that first year wearing that god-awful purple but melted down in the playoffs against the Saints throwing yet another game killing INT and then got beat to hell the following season while we went on and won the Super Bowl. It appears things are thawing between the player and the team. I'm a lot more interested in the 2014 season than I am harboring grudges against past players - even players like #4.

This is a healthy attitude, and it's one I wish I shared. I think I'll get there, but for me, it's going to take a little longer. I still have a very sour taste in my mouth from the summer of 2009 and thereafter, when Favre retired, then thought about unretiring, then re-affirmed his retirement, then unretired and turned training camp into a zoo, a circus, freak show (deliberately, to some extent, I believe). The "THANKSTED" purple jersey one of his family wore - was it his daughter? - to a game. The calling of Matt Millen to provide some insight into the Packer offense. All of that still turns me off.

I'll get over it. Yes, it's all started to fade. But it's going to take a little longer for me. Give it another two or three years, I say. At least for me.

So for me it's not the same as when Kampman left, or when others left, because those people didn't do the kinds of things Favre did.

But I will get over it. The dude was a very, very good player for a long stretch of time, and he was entertaining and gutsy. When he played he was the best Packer QB since Bart Starr - we were very lucky to see a talent like his in the green and gold. I just wish he'd handled things differently.

woodbuck27
06-19-2014, 11:42 AM
This is a healthy attitude, and it's one I wish I shared. I think I'll get there, but for me, it's going to take a little longer. I still have a very sour taste in my mouth from the summer of 2009 and thereafter, when Favre retired, then thought about unretiring, then re-affirmed his retirement, then unretired and turned training camp into a zoo, a circus, freak show (deliberately, to some extent, I believe). The "THANKSTED" purple jersey one of his family wore - was it his daughter? - to a game. The calling of Matt Millen to provide some insight into the Packer offense. All of that still turns me off.

I'll get over it. Yes, it's all started to fade. But it's going to take a little longer for me. Give it another two or three years, I say. At least for me.

So for me it's not the same as when Kampman left, or when others left, because those people didn't do the kinds of things Favre did.

But I will get over it. The dude was a very, very good player for a long stretch of time, and he was entertaining and gutsy. When he played he was the best Packer QB since Bart Starr - we were very lucky to see a talent like his in the green and gold. I just wish he'd handled things differently.

If it's any help.

We aren't perfect.

Favre wasn't perfect. Favre "overall" did try very hard to be so.

Favre never sold out.

BZnDallas
06-19-2014, 08:22 PM

+1

esoxx
06-19-2014, 10:49 PM
I'm still waiting for Carroll Dale to come correct after bolting to the Vikings in '73.

Smidgeon
06-20-2014, 09:57 AM
I just don't care anymore. Five years is ancient history in the NFL.

pbmax
06-20-2014, 11:41 PM
I just don't care anymore.

My sentiments agreed with your first sentence and didn't bother to read the rest.

woodbuck27
06-24-2014, 05:46 AM
My sentiments agreed with your first sentence and didn't bother to read the rest.

I'm simply waiting to see this honoring of Brett Favre's career in Green Bay done properly. I mean with some deserved class ASAP.

Favre was traded by Ted Thompson to the New York Jets.

After that has nothing to do with what Favre did as a Green Bay Packer which was all about more than most every other QB ever did over the period that he was a Packer than any other QB ever did with any other NFL team.

** Favre was one of the finest NFL QB's considering regular season games.

** No QB ever passed for more yards, receptions and most importantly TOUCHDOWNS.

** Few NFL players in history generated as much excitement and made as many big plays as a true gunslinger.

** No NFL player ever demonstrated more endurance and considering he was an NFL QB puts emphasis on that fact.

** Favre is a LOCK as a first ballot NFL HOFER.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/08/03/the-pro-football-hall-of-fame-classes-of-2012-and-beyond/

The Pro Football Hall of Fame classes of 2012 and beyond

Posted by Michael David Smith on August 3, 2011, 4:25 PM EDT

another perspective on that topic:

http://www.sportsonearth.com/article/55201434/talents-like-michael-strahan-jerome-bettis-will-eventually-be-enshrined-in-the-pro-football-hall-of-fame#!209ey

Patler
06-24-2014, 07:34 AM
I could not care less if there ever is a ceremony or not, but it has nothing to do with Favre or anything that has happened since his last game as a Packer. I simply see little or no need to have these types of events. He did his job very well and was paid extremely well for doing it. That should be enough. I simply can't get into all the honors we, as a society, bestow on those who entertain us.

Pugger
06-24-2014, 09:06 AM
I'm simply waiting to see this honoring of Brett Favre's career in Green Bay done properly. I mean with some deserved class ASAP.

Favre was traded by Ted Thompson to the New York Jets.

After that has nothing to do with what Favre did as a Green Bay Packer which was all about more than most every other QB ever did over the period that he was a Packer than any other QB ever did with any other NFL team.

** Favre was one of the finest NFL QB's considering regular season games.

** No QB ever passed for more yards, receptions and most importantly TOUCHDOWNS.

** Few NFL players in history generated as much excitement and made as many big plays as a true gunslinger.

** No NFL player ever demonstrated more endurance and considering he was an NFL QB puts emphasis on that fact.

** Favre is a LOCK as a first ballot NFL HOFER.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/08/03/the-pro-football-hall-of-fame-classes-of-2012-and-beyond/

The Pro Football Hall of Fame classes of 2012 and beyond

Posted by Michael David Smith on August 3, 2011, 4:25 PM EDT

another perspective on that topic:

http://www.sportsonearth.com/article/55201434/talents-like-michael-strahan-jerome-bettis-will-eventually-be-enshrined-in-the-pro-football-hall-of-fame#!209ey

Do you truly believe the Packers with the present management would not do this with dignity and class?

Just Jeff
06-24-2014, 12:06 PM
Do you truly believe the Packers with the present management would not do this with dignity and class?
I could see the locker on the 50 yard line, displayed with dignity and class. Then after the breaking of the champagne bottle on the locker, a Fed Ex employee, taking the locker and delivering to to Favre, with dignity and class.

I needed a hanky to get through that post. Sorry for being so emotional.

Scott Campbell
06-24-2014, 02:15 PM
The thing I miss most about Favre is Jenn Sterger. And Crocs.

RashanGary
06-24-2014, 03:24 PM
The thing I miss most about Favre is Jenn Sterger. And Crocs.

Lmfao.....

gbgary
06-24-2014, 10:13 PM
he can piss off as far as I'm concerned.

woodbuck27
06-25-2014, 10:11 PM

I don't imply in any way that's even remotely the case.

My concern is the disgruntled Packer fan (the odd Packer fan) that just has to make some issue hardly connected with the outstanding contribution that Brett Favre made to the Green Bay Packers and Packer Nation.

woodbuck27
06-25-2014, 10:12 PM
I could see the locker on the 50 yard line, displayed with dignity and class. Then after the breaking of the champagne bottle on the locker, a Fed Ex employee, taking the locker and delivering to to Favre, with dignity and class.

I needed a hanky to get through that post. Sorry for being so emotional.

Ohh boy :-)

woodbuck27
06-25-2014, 10:14 PM
I could not care less if there ever is a ceremony or not, but it has nothing to do with Favre or anything that has happened since his last game as a Packer. I simply see little or no need to have these types of events. He did his job very well and was paid extremely well for doing it. That should be enough. I simply can't get into all the honors we, as a society, bestow on those who entertain us.

Hi Patler:

How then do we as Green Bay Packer fans deal with the precedence RE: Great Packers players being honored?

Patler
06-26-2014, 09:04 AM
Hi Patler:

How then do we as Green Bay Packer fans deal with the precedence RE: Great Packers players being honored?

Good Morning Woodbuck!

Why do we have to?

What do other businesses do to honor the great visionaries, developers, business minds, creators, inventors, researchers, etc. that they employed? Mostly, they don't. A few perhaps, but they are the truly unique. Yet in sports, every franchise has a few if it's a young franchise, more if it's a bit older; or dozens if its an old franchise that are considered unique. Realistically, many may have been better players, but most were also lucky to be in circumstances that benefited them beyond perhaps similarly talented players at other times in the franchise, or similarly talented players on other teams.

I'm just not big into the number retiring thing, etc.

pbmax
07-11-2014, 06:13 PM
http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/brett-favres-no-4-wont-be-retired-this-season-b99308648z1-266649911.html

Retirement ceremony will not happen this year as the people involved are afraid of booing. Put aside the question of how much people will boo, this cannot be the first time MurphCo and FavreInc thought of this if they were discussing dates last year. Which might mean all the previous blather about trying to setup a date was VERY VERY premature.

They apparently had not even discussed what kind of reception might occur. Which means Murphy has all the public relation sense of a skunk, to publicly raise the possibility of the event happening but not having thought of anything else other than the appropriate date.

Now about the booing. Tom Oates at the State Journal Tweeted that Packer fans should be ashamed of themselves that MurphCo need be afraid of them. This is trolling of the highest order as the people still reading Oates in the paper and caring about his opinion are PRECISELY the hard-bitten fans that didn't want Favre to go in the first place and were mad when he ended up in Minnesota rooting for other teams to make the playoffs. Oates is also an idiot for thinking people shouldn't feel free to boo.

I agree with Tanier on this:

Michael Tanier @MikeTanier · 9h
If #Eagles fans did not boo @donovanjmcnabb 's return, #Packers fans sure as hell won't boo Favre.

There will be a few boos. They will then be drowned out in a sea of cheers. Running the highlight reel alone will remind people how the accomplishments compare to the disappointment over his leaving.

Which takes me back to MurphCo. Unless he is running some kind of double switch, make fans beg for a retirement ceremony and hoping they bully the still-mad-at-Favre crowd into silence, he is utterly useless.

All Favre needed to do to soften the reception was make an appearance this spring or summer. Go to the Badgers Sweet Sixteen or Final Four games with Rodgers. Attend the WI Sports Awards. Appear at McCarthy's fund raiser for the AmFam Children's Hospital. Attend Jordy's softball game or the MACC Fund Night With Aaron Rodgers. Go to one of the four Golf Outings with Packers or Badgers in attendance or make an appearance with Bart Starr to open a Piggly Wiggly. A couple of self-deprecating jokes later, everyone remembers the goofy good guy. Don't bother to explain yourself.

Problem solved. Fans primed to be happy. Run the highlight reel (seriously, that reel could run for 2 and a half hours) and get prepared to be deafened. If Brett cannot be roused to do that small step, then why are we still discussing this?

Joemailman
07-11-2014, 06:44 PM
http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/brett-favres-no-4-wont-be-retired-this-season-b99308648z1-266649911.html

All Favre needed to do to soften the reception was make an appearance this spring or summer. Go to the Badgers Sweet Sixteen or Final Four games with Rodgers. Attend the WI Sports Awards. Appear at McCarthy's fund raiser for the AmFam Children's Hospital. Attend Jordy's softball game or the MACC Fund Night With Aaron Rodgers. Go to one of the four Golf Outings with Packers or Badgers in attendance or make an appearance with Bart Starr to open a Piggly Wiggly. A couple of self-deprecating jokes later, everyone remembers the goofy good guy. Don't bother to explain yourself.

Problem solved. Fans primed to be happy. Run the highlight reel (seriously, that reel could run for 2 and a half hours) and get prepared to be deafened. If Brett cannot be roused to do that small step, then why are we still discussing this?

I agree with this. Favre is hanging out in Mississippi waiting for people in Green Bay to like him again. He needs to come to Green Bay and remind people why he was such an overwhelmingly popular figure. The last memories people have of Favre aren't good ones. He needs to be proactive in changing that.

Cheesehead Craig
07-11-2014, 08:29 PM
Because a month can't go by without bumping this thread.

That alone is reason enough to retire the number and get it over with.

Joemailman
07-11-2014, 11:03 PM
Because a month can't go by without bumping this thread.

That alone is reason enough to retire the number and get it over with.

You don't think retiring Favre's number will retire this thread, do you?

Just Jeff
07-12-2014, 06:10 AM
The last memories people have of Favre aren't good ones.
If that's your take on it, the "people" you are referring to are pretty petty and ignorant. I don't know any of those people, except the few that post here.

Patler
07-12-2014, 08:28 AM
I think the ceremony will happen whenever Favre is ready for the ceremony to happen. He isn't yet, so it won't.

pbmax
07-12-2014, 08:33 AM
If that's your take on it, the "people" you are referring to are pretty petty and ignorant. I don't know any of those people, except the few that post here.

I can introduce you to others if you would like.

pbmax
07-12-2014, 08:36 AM
I think the ceremony will happen whenever Favre is ready for the ceremony to happen. He isn't yet, so it won't.

Funny how that works, isn't it?

Murphy should have taken more notes from Thompson and Harlan and fewer from Sherm.

Just Jeff
07-12-2014, 09:34 AM
I can introduce you to others if you would like.

I'm married. Not looking to be introduced to any more petty and ignorant people.

Patler
07-12-2014, 09:45 AM
The last memories people have of Favre aren't good ones.

My last (football) memory of Favre is a very, very good one.
Dressed in purple, throwing another end-of-playoff-game interception.
Very pleasing, indeed!

Patler
07-12-2014, 09:50 AM

It is "petty and ignorant" just because they do not feel about it the same way that you do? ReallY?

Just Jeff
07-12-2014, 10:10 AM
It is "petty and ignorant" just because they do not feel about it the same way that you do? ReallY?

No its petty for the reasons others have stated. Both sides made a business decision. That's why the NFL is a business. No one cares about who's feelings got hurt by their personal decisions. BTW the Beatles broke up. I hate Yoko and will boo her at her Rock and Roll HOF induction.

Its ignorant because with Favre we had ONE losing season. Before Favre, we had ONE winning season for something like the prior 16 years.

Patler
07-12-2014, 12:12 PM
No its petty for the reasons others have stated. Both sides made a business decision. That's why the NFL is a business. No one cares about who's feelings got hurt by their personal decisions. BTW the Beatles broke up. I hate Yoko and will boo her at her Rock and Roll HOF induction.

Its ignorant because with Favre we had ONE losing season. Before Favre, we had ONE winning season for something like the prior 16 years.

I suspect for those who are still offended by the affair it goes well-beyond the business decisions involved. I suspect they remain offended by some of the following and other acts that occurred after the break-up:

- Favre working behind the scenes against the Packers (e.g. advising the Lions & others).
- Favre's other comments to players & others long after the separation (even years).
- Favre exhibiting a moral compass as a 40 year old more like that of an 18 year old.
- Favre continuing his abandonment of the fans even after his actual retirement.
- Favre's cold attitude toward Rodgers, a fan favorite who is not to blame for anything.
- Favre's continued tepid attitude toward all things Packers, even the fans who still support him.

For some there are plenty of reasons to dislike Favre the individual, who showed and continues to show himself to be much different than the image he portrayed as a Packer. These have nothing to do with the business decisions involved, and none are obviated by the success he had on the field as a Packer. Some are disappointed because they can never have the same pride in #4 that they once did, because (for them) he is too far from the man they thought he was.

If they want to remain offended, so be it. I see those people as no more wrong in their feelings than others who deify Favre in spite of it all.

pbmax
07-12-2014, 01:11 PM
I'm married. Not looking to be introduced to any more petty and ignorant people.

So your spouse satisfied the quota?

:lol:

woodbuck27
07-12-2014, 01:56 PM
I suspect for those who are still offended by the affair it goes well-beyond the business decisions involved. I suspect they remain offended by some of the following and other acts that occurred after the break-up:

- Favre working behind the scenes against the Packers (e.g. advising the Lions & others).
- Favre's other comments to players & others long after the separation (even years).
- Favre exhibiting a moral compass as a 40 year old more like that of an 18 year old.
- Favre continuing his abandonment of the fans even after his actual retirement.
- Favre's cold attitude toward Rodgers, a fan favorite who is not to blame for anything.
- Favre's continued tepid attitude toward all things Packers, even the fans who still support him.

For some there are plenty of reasons to dislike Favre the individual, who showed and continues to show himself to be much different than the image he portrayed as a Packer. These have nothing to do with the business decisions involved, and none are obviated by the success he had on the field as a Packer. Some are disappointed because they can never have the same pride in #4 that they once did, because (for them) he is too far from the man they thought he was.

If they want to remain offended, so be it. I see those people as no more wrong in their feelings than others who deify Favre in spite of it all.

Why any Packer fan especially one as astute as you Patler would allow all that to set you on "offend" amazes me when this is really all about the Pro Sporting World where almost anything goes. Brett Favre is simply a mere human being who made obvious mistakes and at the same time gave so much to Packer Nation that was far more positive.

End of story.

woodbuck27 ..... a devout Brett Favre supporter and damn proud to admit that as a very long standing Green Bay Packer fan of 55 years plus and counting.

Just Jeff
07-12-2014, 02:35 PM

And on the other side
-TT offers this "diety" a locker to retire
-The trade him to a team that was a wasteland, even thought they got a worse pick from the jets than they would have gotten from MINN
-TT takes wee in the bum

I could give a rats ass about the above or your above. ON THE FIELD................. End of story.

Patler
07-12-2014, 03:42 PM
And on the other side
-The trade him to a team that was a wasteland, even thought they got a worse pick from the jets than they would have gotten from MINN
-TT takes wee in the bum

I could give a rats ass about the above or your above. ON THE FIELD................. End of story.

I was distinguishing the acts that occurred surrounding the "divorce" from other acts I referenced. For TT you revert back to what he did at the time Favre was lying to the media, lying to the team, lying about the team and undermining everything other than his desire to get out of GB. But, none of that matters, because:.....

The difference between you and me is that not only do I not give a rats ass about how the saga ended, what he has done since, what type of person he has proven to be, at this stage I no longer give a rats ass about what he did on the field. He had a job, he did it pretty well, and he was paid commensurate with his performance.........................End of story.

Why must he receive more?

Guiness
07-12-2014, 04:52 PM
Patler sums it up pretty well. I'd add his behavior and motivation in making his way to Minnesota. It was not a business decision, it was a desire for revenge against the Packers franchise, and I have a hard time with that. I'd say the Jets were the ones royally screwed on that, he really strong armed them.

And really JustJeff? You're going to call TT gay? Kind of hard to take your argument seriously when you do that.

Pugger
07-12-2014, 07:19 PM
I was distinguishing the acts that occurred surrounding the "divorce" from other acts I referenced. For TT you revert back to what he did at the time Favre was lying to the media, lying to the team, lying about the team and undermining everything other than his desire to get out of GB. But, none of that matters, because:.....

The difference between you and me is that not only do I not give a rats ass about how the saga ended, what he has done since, what type of person he has proven to be, at this stage I no longer give a rats ass about what he did on the field. He had a job, he did it pretty well, and he was paid commensurate with his performance.........................End of story.

:clap:

Pugger
07-12-2014, 07:20 PM
Patler sums it up pretty well. I'd add his behavior and motivation in making his way to Minnesota. It was not a business decision, it was a desire for revenge against the Packers franchise, and I have a hard time with that. I'd say the Jets were the ones royally screwed on that, he really strong armed them.

I for one am glad Ted traded #4 to the Jets. Without that pick we don't have Clay.

Cheesehead Craig
07-12-2014, 07:57 PM
You don't think retiring Favre's number will retire this thread, do you?

Hell no. I just think it's time to get this done and "rip the Band-Aid" off. The waffling on this number retirement is similar to Favre's annual retirement. So I guess this is appropriate.

pbmax
07-12-2014, 11:02 PM
They should retire Ted's number before Brett's. Ted made the better Decision.

Dan Gilbert wishes he was Ted Thompson. :lol:

Just Jeff
07-13-2014, 07:01 AM

Who's asking him to receive more? Not me. The post is in reference to Murphy trying to give him more and fumbling through the means to do so.

Just Jeff
07-13-2014, 07:04 AM
And really JustJeff? You're going to call TT gay?
If you are more comfortable with alternative lifestyle, I can live with that euphemism

Fritz
07-13-2014, 07:50 AM
Hell no. I just think it's time to get this done and "rip the Band-Aid" off. The waffling on this number retirement is similar to Favre's annual retirement. So I guess this is appropriate.

Good call!

It appears Favre is not "ready" so there'll be no retiring of his number this year. And that's fine - I ain't ready, either.

But wouldn't it be cool if Favre had a press conference next year, saying he was ready to have his number retired...then changed his mind at the beginning of training camp, then hinted he maybe wanted to have his number retired after all, then about the second game of the season..

Pugger
07-13-2014, 08:40 AM
Who's asking him to receive more? Not me. The post is in reference to Murphy trying to give him more and fumbling through the means to do so.

How did Murphy fumble through this?

pbmax
07-13-2014, 10:48 AM
How did Murphy fumble through this?

He let it be known publicly that they were at the date booking stage. Which could easily have been under discussion. But he had not secured a commitment to doing it this year from Favre (I am assuming that if Favre had flat backed out after committing, we would have heard different leaks - but that is just a guess).

So when the backpedal occurred, he is forced to either reveal that the talk of scheduling was premature or he has to cover for both sides which is what he chose to do with his statement. He blamed the fans for his poor negotiating skill.

By my count, that is twice Favre has made him look extraordinarily foolish in public. I think the Packers want this too badly to back out over fan concerns, though to smooth them over, they might need #4's cooperation.

Its time to say this: "Brett Favre is the toughest QB the League has ever seen. He is also among the most accomplished with a Super Bowl win and three MVP awards. We are extremely proud of his accomplishments with the Green Bay Packers and stand ready, at any time, to retire his jersey. We would love to adhere to tradition and do it before his certain HOF induction, but the time must be right for Brett and his family. He will know when he is ready. The number is in the book.

P.S. We just signed Ted to a four year extension."

Its possible Murphy's accommodation will work and Brett will come around. But that is not where my money would line up.

Joemailman
07-13-2014, 11:19 AM
I wouldn't be surprised if the NFL has been putting some pressure on Murphy to get this done before Favre's HOF induction. They may not want a perceived Favre/Paclers rift to be what everybody is talking about at the induction. If so, Murphy may have felt pressured to explain why it may not happen by then.

Patler
07-13-2014, 02:02 PM
He let it be known publicly that they were at the date booking stage.

Did he, or was it just more conjecture by sports columnists? To be honest, I flat out don't remember.

Patler
07-13-2014, 02:08 PM

Huh? My comments stemmed from your reference to certain fans being "petty and ignorant" if they did not respond well to the event.

pbmax
07-13-2014, 03:56 PM
Did he, or was it just more conjecture by sports columnists? To be honest, I flat out don't remember.

Well you might have me there. I was fairly certain, but don't recall the context. I will need to find it.

Zool
07-14-2014, 08:29 AM
As always, arguing with Tank is like arguing with a 10 year old. His entire argument is always "nuh uh!" and then reverting to homosexual remarks about Thompson. I've got about 2 more posts like this before this next account is banned.

BZnDallas
07-14-2014, 09:17 AM
As always, arguing with Tank is like arguing with a 10 year old. His entire argument is always "nuh uh!" and then reverting to homosexual remarks about Thompson. I've got about 2 more posts like this before this next account is banned.

Vegas put the over/under at 5 more posts...

I love the fact that people (and JJ isn't the only one) that will say something like "stop taking what BF did so personal" but will use the argument that he did so much for the organization. That is kind of the point. He did so much for an organization that has such a community base and feel to it. (Ever been to a game at Lambeau?) Knowing the history of the Green Bay Packers and knowing what happened in 'the divorce' with BF, how could you NOT take it more personal? I can understand if you've cooled off already and have maybe even forgiven him. But to not have felt any anguish or disgust over this whole debacle and obvious black eye to the GBP organization, how can you call yourself a true fan?

I'm not questioning anybody's fan-dom here, don't get me wrong. That's not my place. All i'm saying is it is pretty obvious why people are still not ready and to act like you're so much better of a fan b/c this whole ordeal didn't phase you. Ain't nobody got time for that. Get down off your pedestal and stop trying to act better than anybody else. We're on the damn intra-web after all and nobody really gives a shit what anybody else thinks on here anyway.

But after all is said and done, "Do what you do playboy, and chase that money!"

Just Jeff
07-14-2014, 12:03 PM

If people can talk about Favre sexting, I don't see how TT gets a free ride. The issue is about how two people handled a very divisive situation. BOTH are fair game. I don't understand, other than your predilections, how one side feels that they have the right to bring up whatever they want, and yet gasp in horror when the other side does the same.

You won't convert me to your perspective and I don't fool myself that you will come to my side. If that's the basis for banning someone, so be it.

Zool
07-14-2014, 12:06 PM
If one person is arguing with a group of people over and over, that person is either a misunderstood genius or an asshole. Your delusions and assumptions do not equal fact. You have a long history of assholism and for that you get a very very short leash.

Patler
07-14-2014, 12:30 PM
If people can talk about Favre sexting, I don't see how TT gets a free ride. The issue is about how two people handled a very divisive situation. BOTH are fair game. I don't understand, other than your predilections, how one side feels that they have the right to bring up whatever they want, and yet gasp in horror when the other side does the same.

What did Favre's sexting have to do with his split from the Packers? Why does bringing that up make TT actions in dealing with Favre fair game? Did TT do something that made Favre photograph his penis in retaliation?

Until you brought it up, I specifically avoided Favre's acts related to his disagreements with Thompson, McCarthy and Murphy. He could hate them all he wants, but retaliating against hsi former team mates and shunning both his former team mates and Packer fans is not part and parcel of that. Exhibiting the moral character he did is not part and parcel of that either.

Things Favre did relating to the departure were the lies, upstaging, purposeful obfuscation, making a zoo of the start of training camp and particularly Family Night, making it a ridiculous national story by his actions with the media, etc. I brought up none of those, because I wanted to focus on things that fans may resent even apart from the direct breakup.

ThunderDan
07-14-2014, 12:39 PM
And on the other side
-TT takes wee in the bum

TANK for sure.

Anyway to address point 2 which I did about 250 pages ago.

You don't trade a QB of BF's ability to your rival unless you are getting the Hershel Walker or Ricky Williams deal and then probably not.

ThunderDan
07-14-2014, 12:43 PM
Funny that everyone forgets that the NY Jets made the AFC Championship in 2009 and 2010 with Mark Sanchez at the helm.

BF may have had a better chance at a title in 2009 & 2010 staying in NY.

Guiness
07-14-2014, 01:52 PM
Things Favre did relating to the departure were the lies, upstaging, purposeful obfuscation, making a zoo of the start of training camp and particularly Family Night, making it a ridiculous national story by his actions with the media, etc. I brought up none of those, because I wanted to focus on things that fans may resent even apart from the direct breakup.

Family Night? What happened there, I don't remember. I thought TT and MM kept him off the field and away from the team after he flew into town?

hoosier
07-14-2014, 01:52 PM
Funny that everyone forgets that the NY Jets made the AFC Championship in 2009 and 2010 with Mark Sanchez at the helm.

Good point, except that at that point Favre seemed to be motivated by spite more than anything else, and he couldn't stick it to TT by winning with the Jets. How else to explain the way he completely fell apart at the end of 2008? Hard to make it through the grind of sixteen games on the will to win alone. If BF had stayed with the Jets he might have brought them down in comparison to what Sanchez did. :-)

Patler
07-14-2014, 02:41 PM
Family Night? What happened there, I don't remember. I thought TT and MM kept him off the field and away from the team after he flew into town?

Flying in a chartered jet, he arrived just as the event started at the stadium. Coincidence? I think he did it to be as big of a distraction as possible. Of course, there was an army of media there, and it was "leaked" that he probably would show up at the field. I have been told by some who were there, that shortly after his box had activity in it, and people were straining to see if he was there, which, of course, he wasn't.

It seemed to me that he did everything he could to make that night about him, and not the team.

red
07-14-2014, 03:40 PM
favre has done nothing since leaving to try and earn back any respect with the fans and people of green bay and wisconsin. no golf outings no charity events in the state, no team related activities no nothing.

on the there hand, he has tried his best to piss in the face of the packers and their fans by giving other teams our game plans and by plotting to go to one of our arch rivals to stick it to us

no doubt, what he did for the team when he was here was amazing, and yes, he is still probably my all time favorite packer (next to #66). but at his point, unless he swallows his pride and accepts that he acted like a giant douchebag and asks packer fans to forgive him...

then i have no problem waiting until he's dead and buried before we retire #4

i don't even care if there's a ceremony. just put #4 up there next to #92 one night in the middle of the night without any fanfare and call it good

last thing we need to do is stroke his or his families ego anymore then we already have

ThunderDan
07-14-2014, 03:44 PM
Good point, except that at that point Favre seemed to be motivated by spite more than anything else, and he couldn't stick it to TT by winning with the Jets. How else to explain the way he completely fell apart at the end of 2008? Hard to make it through the grind of sixteen games on the will to win alone. If BF had stayed with the Jets he might have brought them down in comparison to what Sanchez did. :-)

Ughh, I just looked up Sanchez career stats.

2009 - 63.0 Rating, 12 TDs and 20 INTs

He got has QB rating up to 75.3 in 2010.

His career QB rating is 71.7 with 68 TDs and 69 INTs.

hoosier
07-14-2014, 04:00 PM
Ughh, I just looked up Sanchez career stats.

2009 - 63.0 Rating, 12 TDs and 20 INTs

He got has QB rating up to 75.3 in 2010.

His career QB rating is 71.7 with 68 TDs and 69 INTs.

Yup, he's the early Terry Bradshaw of the new millennium, without the arm strength and without the benefit of a late spike in productivity after the rules changes in '78.

Pugger
07-14-2014, 04:02 PM

Of course he could have but this was all about going to MN and sticking it to MM and TT, not just winning a title.