PDA

View Full Version : OFFICIAL BRETT THE LIVING LEGEND THREAD

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46

Harlan Huckleby
10-23-2008, 08:53 PM
Was interesting to listen to; still not happy Favre spoke to Millen though.

You just need to get past your Favre hatred.

I think this latest incident turns out to be a giant snoozer. My guess is that it was not a big deal, but people can spin it any which way depending on their bias. There is no good information one way or another to fairly evaluate it.

Nothing has changed in Favre Land since July.

Some people think the team screwed over Favre, some think the team accomodated him enough and had a right to make a business decision.

Almost nobody's attitude has changed sinced July, people take sides on every incident based on how they view the above question.

cpk1994
10-23-2008, 08:57 PM
Was interesting to listen to; still not happy Favre spoke to Millen though.

You just need to get past your Favre hatred.

I think this latest incident turns out to be a giant snoozer. My guess is that it was not a big deal, but people can spin it any which way depending on their bias. There is no good information one way or another to fairly evaluate it.

Nothing has changed in Favre Land since July.

Some people think the team screwed over Favre, some think the team accomodated him enough and had a right to make a business decision.

Almost nobody's attitude has changed sinced July, people take sides on every incident based on how they view the above question.Actually, Harv, there have been a number of people who have changed their stance on Favre over this, so your last statement isn't entirely true.

HarveyWallbangers
10-23-2008, 09:00 PM
Actually, Harv, there have been a number of people who have changed their stance on Favre over this, so your last statement isn't entirely true.

If you ever confuse me with Harlan again, I'll kill ya.

http://www.davejenkins.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/02/francis.jpg

Harlan Huckleby
10-23-2008, 09:06 PM
Actually, Harv, there have been a number of people who have changed their stance on Favre over this, so your last statement isn't entirely true.

Not too many, Woody.

I've gone a little soft on Favre in this latest dust up, but I'm still pretty much a Ted Thompson groupie.

cpk1994
10-23-2008, 09:09 PM

http://www.davejenkins.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/02/francis.jpgOops, my bad! :oops:

cpk1994
10-23-2008, 09:11 PM

Not too many, Woody.

I've gone a little soft on Favre in this latest dust up, but I'm still pretty much a Ted Thompson groupie.Come on, if you are going to misidentify me, you could have at least called me Merlin. :lol:

Zool
10-23-2008, 11:20 PM

http://www.davejenkins.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/02/francis.jpg

Lighten up Francis

GrnBay007
10-23-2008, 11:52 PM
I read something from a Packer fan that I feel is most appropriate during this time. It's no fluff piece and pretty much gives a heart-felt summary. I think people on both sides of the Favre drama can relate to. I found this on Packerpalace and it's not a news article so I think it's ok to post here. The author's name is Ray.

"After stewing in this for a day or so, I gotta say under no circumstances am I willing to throw Brett under the bus, I just can't. I look at it now as our most beloved player, at least since the sixties, and the player who loves the name brand of Green Bay Packers more than anyone since the sixties, is, in effect, a jilted lover, and I can dig that, and I love him for it. I will never forget that virtually the first thing he said in a New York press conference was I will always be a Packer, gave me chills. Add to that his being the prime ingredient that made it safe for me to go to work in Chicago on Monday mornings, and that in the financial district, pretty much the heart of the Bear lair, to see Bear fans go from intentionally mispronouncing his name, to outright envy of him to the point where their outlook changed to the only problem with him is the team he plays for, obviously all of us could go on and on about the thrills he gave us, I really must stress look at it as the sad end of a very intense love affair, (but one that nearly doubtlessly, even in light of this, will eventually be restored to inferno status)which nearly all of us have endured I guess, and ask yourself where your own sense of reasoning was at that time. Pretty skewed I will wager.

I admit even though it means better draft choices I have not exactly rooted for Brett as a Jet, the worst part of me wanted to see him get injured in that first game, after all, I am jilted myself and have been a Packer backer since before Brett was born. In closing I will say I don't think Brett is close to being washed up, near as I can tell he go this hard til he is 43, wish it was as our backup or starter, but I have every confidence that TT will use whatever draft choice it is as I believe he always does, and that is intelligently. To those who want to toss TT under the bus, I will bet that when his tenure in Green Bay is over, he will say that was bar none the most difficult thing he had to do, it might not seem like it, but a heart beats in that guy to, he really understands what fits in Green Bay, and surely understood nobody ever fit like Brett Favre, but somebody had to make a decision and sign the damn papers."

GBRulz
10-24-2008, 12:03 AM
Wow, that's an excellent read. You're right, just about everyone, regardless of how you feel about the situation, can relate to that some way or another.

Pacopete4
10-24-2008, 02:26 AM
I read something from a Packer fan that I feel is most appropriate during this time. It's no fluff piece and pretty much gives a heart-felt summary. I think people on both sides of the Favre drama can relate to. I found this on Packerpalace and it's not a news article so I think it's ok to post here. The author's name is Ray.

"After stewing in this for a day or so, I gotta say under no circumstances am I willing to throw Brett under the bus, I just can't. I look at it now as our most beloved player, at least since the sixties, and the player who loves the name brand of Green Bay Packers more than anyone since the sixties, is, in effect, a jilted lover, and I can dig that, and I love him for it. I will never forget that virtually the first thing he said in a New York press conference was I will always be a Packer, gave me chills. Add to that his being the prime ingredient that made it safe for me to go to work in Chicago on Monday mornings, and that in the financial district, pretty much the heart of the Bear lair, to see Bear fans go from intentionally mispronouncing his name, to outright envy of him to the point where their outlook changed to the only problem with him is the team he plays for, obviously all of us could go on and on about the thrills he gave us, I really must stress look at it as the sad end of a very intense love affair, (but one that nearly doubtlessly, even in light of this, will eventually be restored to inferno status)which nearly all of us have endured I guess, and ask yourself where your own sense of reasoning was at that time. Pretty skewed I will wager.

I admit even though it means better draft choices I have not exactly rooted for Brett as a Jet, the worst part of me wanted to see him get injured in that first game, after all, I am jilted myself and have been a Packer backer since before Brett was born. In closing I will say I don't think Brett is close to being washed up, near as I can tell he go this hard til he is 43, wish it was as our backup or starter, but I have every confidence that TT will use whatever draft choice it is as I believe he always does, and that is intelligently. To those who want to toss TT under the bus, I will bet that when his tenure in Green Bay is over, he will say that was bar none the most difficult thing he had to do, it might not seem like it, but a heart beats in that guy to, he really understands what fits in Green Bay, and surely understood nobody ever fit like Brett Favre, but somebody had to make a decision and sign the damn papers."

If he goes hard that long, and is who he keeps being... why did someone have to sign the papers? Why, for all he's done and how great he really is as a QB in the NFL, did we have to basically "give" him away? Why would we ever give a guy away at the age he's at, out playing young talent, why would we give that away. We can make a case where as Arod needed to play, but was QB play really our problem for the past 10 years? Ask yourself that... I mean if the Packers organization, in any year could have put together a full team around this guy... EVERYONE, not just some, but EVERYONE who is a fan of football would be talking about the most athletic, most talented player to ever play the game....

if only he had played for the 49ers, steelers, cowboys, or patriots i guess... because those teams had actual TEAMS... not just a few stellar players... they had TEAMS that won SB's. Favre put together the greatest numbers the game might ever see with so-so teams other than his 3 years from 96-98. People fail to understand that, but guess what... Favre does understand that... and at age 39, he's bitter at the packer organization not only for TT being a douche to him, but for all the things in the past that they never gave him as a player and that was fucking talent.... he won with offensive players that wont be known by people in the next 20 years... he set records with people that say... "who's that".... he is the best that will ever play this game, and im not afraid to say it... he did it with class and dignity and he's been shit on by a horrible franchise that did nothing for him in the long run... shame on you Green Bay Packers.. Brett does not thank you for Ray Rhodes or Mike Sherman or TT.... he hates u for it! ..... and I do too..

bobblehead
10-24-2008, 03:16 AM
what excuse did I make for him?

I consider everyone of your posts to be sorry excuses, on par with:

My dog ate my paper.
The sun got in my eyes.
I didn't know it was plugged in.
I'm just a stupid college kid.

Etc, etc, etc.....

Don't forget:

I meant to pull out (now please send my baby momma a check every month)

LEWCWA
10-24-2008, 04:15 AM

If he goes hard that long, and is who he keeps being... why did someone have to sign the papers? Why, for all he's done and how great he really is as a QB in the NFL, did we have to basically "give" him away? Why would we ever give a guy away at the age he's at, out playing young talent, why would we give that away. We can make a case where as Arod needed to play, but was QB play really our problem for the past 10 years? Ask yourself that... I mean if the Packers organization, in any year could have put together a full team around this guy... EVERYONE, not just some, but EVERYONE who is a fan of football would be talking about the most athletic, most talented player to ever play the game....

if only he had played for the 49ers, steelers, cowboys, or patriots i guess... because those teams had actual TEAMS... not just a few stellar players... they had TEAMS that won SB's. Favre put together the greatest numbers the game might ever see with so-so teams other than his 3 years from 96-98. People fail to understand that, but guess what... Favre does understand that... and at age 39, he's bitter at the packer organization not only for TT being a douche to him, but for all the things in the past that they never gave him as a player and that was fucking talent.... he won with offensive players that wont be known by people in the next 20 years... he set records with people that say... "who's that".... he is the best that will ever play this game, and im not afraid to say it... he did it with class and dignity and he's been shit on by a horrible franchise that did nothing for him in the long run... shame on you Green Bay Packers.. Brett does not thank you for Ray Rhodes or Mike Sherman or TT.... he hates u for it! ..... and I do too..

Wow that is pretty extreme! I would like to clarify that I think Rodgers is developing nicely into his job. He has really shown me something. The guy has really made some big boy throws! Also I love to watch Brett play more than any other player period! Bar none! The guy has been a pleasure.....We can debate whether it was time to go forever, it doesn't really matter, he is gone. I would rather he finished in Green and Gold, but I don't get to make those decisions. The thing that gets me is some around here seem to want to desecrate all he has been to This franchise to validate their opinions...that sucks! You can be of the mind that it was time to go and still be a fan of his. All of you who shit on him at every turn are pretty sad! Now I don't bash TT(think he has done a great job) Don't bash Rodgers(think he has been stellar), but I do bash the few blowhards around here who can't handle being a Favre fan as well as a Packer fan.

Bossman641
10-24-2008, 06:56 AM

PacoPete I have a question for you.

If you could have had Favre for 1-2 years (however many he would have played) but then Rodgers would have signed elsewhere and we'd be starting from sratch with either Flynn, Brohm, a draft pick, or FA would you have done that?

Pacopete4
10-24-2008, 06:59 AM

If you could have had Favre for 1-2 years (however many he would have played) but then Rodgers would have signed elsewhere and we'd be starting from sratch with either Flynn, Brohm, a draft pick, or FA would you have done that?

Bossman, I know we don't get along but yes. We have a 2nd round pick in Brohm who like Rodgers slipped thru the cracks to us and a guy whos won a national championship. You give Favre this year and next and by that time, MM has them groomed to take over as well and this problem of letting Favre walk, never happens. I really would've been ok with that, and thats just my opinion on it.

Bossman641
10-24-2008, 07:17 AM

Bossman, I know we don't get along but yes. We have a 2nd round pick in Brohm who like Rodgers slipped thru the cracks to us and a guy whos won a national championship. You give Favre this year and next and by that time, MM has them groomed to take over as well and this problem of letting Favre walk, never happens. I really would've been ok with that, and thats just my opinion on it.

Fair enough, was just wondering

Zool
10-24-2008, 07:30 AM

I think the problem is Thompson and Coach Mac had a pretty good idea what they were getting in Rodgers and didnt want to roll the dice on another guy developing.

My person problem with it is, we would have spend Feb-April this year again wondering if Favre was going to retire again. Admittedly I was a little nervous about how the QB play would pan out this year, but that has been put to rest. Now if we could just get a DT or 2.....I'm looking at you Harrell. Get off the bench.

cpk1994
10-24-2008, 07:33 AM

If you could have had Favre for 1-2 years (however many he would have played) but then Rodgers would have signed elsewhere and we'd be starting from sratch with either Flynn, Brohm, a draft pick, or FA would you have done that?I know you asked someone else, but Id like to take a crack at it anyway. I wouldn't have done it(big shock). Why you ask? Becuase I refuse to waste 5 years developing a guy for someone else. Especially a guy a 1st rounder was spent on. Also, by going with Rodgers, you now have 3 QB's form wihich you hope one becomes a long term starter. If Rodgers excels, I trade Brohm, if Rodgers flops and Brohm or Flynn excel in his place, I trade Rodgers. Basically I have many options to play with and most likely one of them will get me my long term starter. Just like TT increasing the number of his draft picks to make your chances better of hitting on someone, I keep these 3 QB's.

Fritz
10-24-2008, 07:51 AM

Paco, are you even a Packer fan? You're saying it's not just TT - it goes back to Mike Sherman and Ron Wolf, too? Wolf after all hired Rhodes and did not step down as GM until mid-2001 or so.

I think a person can be a Favre fan and a Packers' fan. No problem. But you seem to just hate the Packers as an organization.

Bossman641
10-24-2008, 07:52 AM

I think the problem is Thompson and Coach Mac had a pretty good idea what they were getting in Rodgers and didnt want to roll the dice on another guy developing.

My person problem with it is, we would have spend Feb-April this year again wondering if Favre was going to retire again. Admittedly I was a little nervous about how the QB play would pan out this year, but that has been put to rest. Now if we could just get a DT or 2.....I'm looking at you Harrell. Get off the bench.

Agreed

As big an unknown Rodgers was to the rest of the NFL, at least the coaching staff had a good idea of what they had in him, and they've been correct so far. While I believe MM is very good at developing QB's there's no way we can sit and say for sure that Brohm will turn out.

For me it would have been a lot more difficult to see Rodgers on another team for the next 10 years knowing the Packers had spent years developing him then it is to see Favre on the Jets for a year or two. But again, that's just me, and I know others will feel differently.

Scott Campbell
10-24-2008, 07:53 AM
... he set records with people that say... "who's that"....

Don't ever disrespect Ahman Green again.

Scott Campbell
10-24-2008, 07:55 AM
.... shame on you Green Bay Packers.. Brett does not thank you for Ray Rhodes or Mike Sherman or TT.... he hates u for it! ..... and I do too..

There. You've said it. You hate the Packers. That's been my point all along. That's why you get the same respect from me as dabaddestbear - because you're a troll.

Freak Out
10-24-2008, 11:48 AM
.... shame on you Green Bay Packers.. Brett does not thank you for Ray Rhodes or Mike Sherman or TT.... he hates u for it! ..... and I do too..

There. You've said it. You hate the Packers. That's been my point all along. That's why you get the same respect from me as dabaddestbear - because you're a troll.

Paco you need some help boy....hate Mike Sherman and Rhodes? They did the best they could and failed....that's it. They didn't try and destroy the team. I'll argue that Sherman had a great team for a short time and really had a shot at the SB....but we fell short for a number of reasons...on of them being Favre.

It's time to move on.

PackerTimer
10-24-2008, 01:14 PM

I wonder if he thanks them for the milions upon millions of dollars they paid him? :?:

th87
10-24-2008, 03:56 PM
In case anyone cares, the transcript of Favre's Presser is here. It's good to get his side of the story. The very last question intrigues me. I want to know the answer - who released the info and why. What did Favre know and when did he know it?

http://blogs.jsonline.com/packers/archive/2008/10/22/the-favre-transcript.aspx

Justin Harrell has provided the best analysis of this question. The Packers hired a media savvy politician to help them. Politicians are wonderful twisters and understand how to get people on your side. He thought the Packers found out and they are the source. Makes as much sense as anything else. :idea:

I wonder what Favre is paying ESPN to be his mouthpiece.

most likely nothing..Of course not. ESPN loves to suck up. carry water and kiss Favre's ass. The guy could commit murder and ESPN would be railing at injustice, calling Favre the victim. ESPN is total garbage.

ESPN = Disney

Brett Favre = Disney Movie

Dennis Quad = Brett Favre

All this = $$$$$$$$$$$$$$

This is the smartest thing you've ever said.

Scott Campbell
10-24-2008, 06:54 PM
Brett Favre's arm, game come up short

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/jets/2008/10/21/2008-10-21_brett_favres_arm_game_come_up_short.html

BY RICH CIMINI
DAILY NEWS SPORTS WRITER

Wednesday, October 22nd 2008, 9:57 AM

Brett Favre's curiously conservative play has some speculating problem is his arm and not Jets' brain trust.

The Brett Favre insider-trading story has created quite a buzz around the NFL, raising a semi-related question: If an opposing player shared secrets about Favre and the Jets' offense, what would he say?

Actually, the Raiders provided some insight into that question, and there was nothing secret about it. They did it in broad daylight. Just check out the game tape and you will see that, in the overtime period of Sunday's game, the Raiders stacked the line of scrimmage, basically daring Favre to beat them with his arm - absolute heresy.
PHOTO GALLERY: RAIDERS DOWN JETS IN OVERTIME

Deploying safety Gibril Wilson as a linebacker, the Raiders put eight men in the box on seven of the 14 plays (mostly on first and second down), leaving the Jets' receivers in man-to-man coverage. Quarterbacks live for those situations, especially a gunslinger such as Favre, but he - and the coaches - played it safe. The situation screamed for a play-action pass.

Instead of attacking downfield, they ran eight times into the teeth of the defense, resulting in three punts, an eventual loss and heavy criticism of conservative play calling. Maybe the Raiders were on to something.

Only two of Favre's 34 pass attempts in regulation traveled more than 20 yards in the air, a shockingly low number for a big-armed passer. Maybe, just maybe, the big arm is hurting. There is circumstantial evidence. Many of his throws lacked the usual velocity, especially the 8-yard pass to Jerricho Cotchery that was intercepted in the end zone - a ball ... that ... took ... forever ... to ... get ... there.

Perhaps Favre still was feeling the effects of a big hit from the previous week, when the Bengals' Jonathan Fanene crashed into the quarterback's fully extended arm, a play vaguely reminiscent of the one that wrecked Chad Pennington's rotator cuff. Favre got up slowly, rotating his arm as if to test the shoulder.

CBS showed a clip of the Fanene hit during the Oakland game, with the announcers raising the issue of a possible injury. They said Favre told them it was just "wear and tear on a 39-year-old body." When Dick Enberg chimed in, he quoted Favre as saying his arm was "sore."

At the start of the second quarter, Favre took another punishing shot. The camera caught him wincing as he made a shaking-out-the-sting motion. Maybe that explains why the Jets opted for a nickel-and-dime attack for the second straight week. If not, the coaching staff needs to take a hard look at the matter, because Favre's personality isn't suited to being a nickel-and-dime passer.

The Jets did take one shot in overtime - a wide-open Chris Baker fell down at the Oakland 32 - but it wasn't enough. Favre is averaging only 6.77 yards per attempt, 22nd in the league, far behind his predecessor. The weak-armed Pennington stands fourth at 8.12, an indictment of the Jets' passing game, which, except for the Cards, hasn't scared anyone. There's no need to panic if it's the game plan. If it's the shoulder, well, that's panic-worthy.

The Shadow
10-24-2008, 08:56 PM
Dennis Quad = Brett Favre

Dianna Ross = Brett Favre

:D :D :D :D

mraynrand
10-24-2008, 09:29 PM
"especially the 8-yard pass to Jerricho Cotchery that was intercepted in the end zone - a ball ... that ... took ... forever ... to ... get ... there. "

That's not a very good article - the receiver fell down on this play. The ball was moving plenty fast. It doesn't take forever to travel 15 yards. Still, there could be something to the story. Very conservative play calling indeed.

KYPack
10-24-2008, 09:35 PM
I heard some chatter on sports radio (Fox affliate mebbe) that there were rumors in NY that Brett was hurting. There are reports of both arm and leg troubles. I've looked around and haven't seen anything to confirm that info.

Anyone else hear this or hear that it's BS?

Zool
10-24-2008, 09:57 PM
I just keep seeing him be tentative on some pass plays. I dont think he's got that comfort level yet. He still throws rockets on some plays, but others he's not quite sure what anyone other than Coles will be doing.

Scott Campbell
10-25-2008, 10:58 AM
From PFT:

E:60 GETS EXCLUSIVE ACCESS TO DEANNA
Posted by Mike Florio on October 24, 2008, 8:40 p.m.

Before the other day, we used to receive on a semi-regular basis e-mails from ESPN’s P.R. department touting upcoming shows and other assorted stuff that they wanted people in the media (and us) to know about.

On Friday, another ESPN P.R. e-mail was distributed. But, this time around, we weren’t on the list.

A member of the media forwarded to us the e-mail hyping the next episode of ESPN’s E:60, which will include an exclusive interview with Mrs. Brett Lorenzo Favre.

Hyped as the “first national television interview by Deanna Favre (wife of NFL legendary quarterback Brett Favre) since her husband was traded from the Green Bay Packers to the New York Jets,” it’s the first item mentioned on the list of show subjects.

So did ESPN’s handling this week of the controversial story regarding the subject of the interview’s husband had anything to do with the exclusive access ESPN received to Mrs. Favre? Though we think the truth is much more complex than that, we wouldn’t be shocked to learn that it was at least a factor in the business considerations that should never arise when making journalistic decisions.

Scott Campbell
10-25-2008, 10:59 AM
Brett has been catching a lot of flack for sniping at the Packers. I sincerely hope he hasn't delegated that task.

Fritz
10-25-2008, 11:34 AM
Seriously Scott, do you think Deanna will just politely decline to discuss the Packers' treatment of her husband?

Scott Campbell
10-25-2008, 11:43 AM
Seriously Scott, do you think Deanna will just politely decline to discuss the Packers' treatment of her husband?

I think declining comment would be the smart thing to do. It appears to be working for Ted. I think if she pours more gas on the fire, it's going to turn more people against Brett.

Honestly, I think Brett is the only one who can fix this. The Packer's can't do anything about it.

Once he moves beyond the events of last summer, and confines his recollection of Green Bay to the good times he enjoyed there, then fences can begin to mend. As long as he stays bitter, this thing will continue to be ugly.

Fritz
10-25-2008, 12:11 PM
I agree with you, absolutely. It's just that I'd be surprised - even shocked - if Deanna Favre did not get in at least a few rips on the Packers, and more specifically against TT.

I can't imagine her talking only about how she loves New York and the good reaturants and shops, and how Brett is so happy playing football again, or discussing Man-genius's play calling.

Scott Campbell
10-25-2008, 12:15 PM
I think she's responsible for many of the good decisions in his life. Hopefully she will put her respect of Brett's legacy ahead of hard feelings about the split. I guess we'll see.

If you let a good PR person like FavreChild craft their message, it could be a golden moment for them. If she's talking just because they're still mad at Ted, then the Favre's will get skewered.

Bretsky
10-25-2008, 12:18 PM
I'd love to spend a day with Deanna and get her whole take on this; she's a very level headed woman who has not always seen eye to eye with her hubby. Read her book; very intelligent take on his stay in Green Bay and how she viewed his career while fighting through the challenged of life and cancer

If she lays into TT that would mean more to me than hearing BF do it.

I continue to believe we are nothing but ignorant if we think we know the whole story.

Scott Campbell
10-25-2008, 12:24 PM
I continue to believe we are nothing but ignorant if we think we know the whole story.

Perhaps. I won't claim to know exactly how it all went down. But I doubt any truth could change what's going on now. Brett is getting killed in the media for not getting over it. Ted gets to sit there and just say "we wish Brett the best" while letting Brett self destruct all on his own.

Brett needs to get out of the gutter, and stay out of the gutter. Then his approval rating will start to come around.

Scott Campbell
10-25-2008, 12:30 PM
If she lays into TT that would mean more to me than hearing BF do it.

I highly doubt there's anything she could say to change people's minds. What you're talking about his her trying to win the Brett vs. Ted argument. I'd rather see her try to move beyond it and become a peacekeeper.

Chevelle2
10-25-2008, 01:06 PM
DON'T SHOOT THE MESSENGER

But I recently read a rumor on another forum, that at the beginning of LAST season, Packer scouts and staff rated Rodgers ahead of Favre, but because of the streak and the PR hit they would have taken, Favre got the nod.

Rodgers was rated ahead of Favre due to pass accuracy, mobility, the physical fitness (for lack of better term) that Rodgers arrived at camp with, along with the gaining support and confidence of his teammates.

Just passing along what I heard.

GrnBay007
10-25-2008, 02:37 PM
Brett is getting killed in the media for not getting over it. Ted gets to sit there and just say "we wish Brett the best" while letting Brett self destruct all on his own.

Getting killed in the media is a HUGE overstatement, IMO.

Any yeah, Ted is sitting there. Who felt they needed to hire a political pressman during this whole thing? That should tell you something in itself.

cpk1994
10-25-2008, 03:00 PM
Brett is getting killed in the media for not getting over it. Ted gets to sit there and just say "we wish Brett the best" while letting Brett self destruct all on his own.

Any yeah, Ted is sitting there. Who felt they needed to hire a political pressman during this whole thing? That should tell you something in itself.How about a guy that knmew he would get ripped to shreds becuase they decided to stick with Rodgers. A guy who knew anything he said would be twisted. Favre should have hired him first. This Fliescher thing is blown out of proportion because of who he was previously employed by.

GrnBay007
10-25-2008, 03:22 PM
How about a guy that knmew he would get ripped to shreds becuase they decided to stick with Rodgers. A guy who knew anything he said would be twisted. Favre should have hired him first. This Fliescher thing is blown out of proportion because of who he was previously employed by.

LOL Maybe Favre didn't think he ever had to put a "slant" on things. He is who he is. Those that appreciate what he did in the past for the GB Packers understand that and appreciate it. Introducing anything with political background/slant to the NFL teams is complete BS. Sports should be above all that CRAP.

Scott Campbell
10-25-2008, 03:49 PM

Any yeah, Ted is sitting there. Who felt they needed to hire a political pressman during this whole thing? That should tell you something in itself.

And which way has the tide turned since that hiring? I see the tide turning further against Brett. Though I guess I'm biased, but so are you. I think there may be clues to which way the tide is turning even on this forum. Nutz and Partial seemed to find it harder to defend Brett after this latest episode. Those guys were solidly in Brett's corner before. I think there was far more media support for Brett even a month ago. And you never heard a peep from Jets players about Brett needing to just let it go. So that's why I think the tide may be turning against him.

What Ted and the Packers need to do isn't exactly rocket surgery. Stay out of the gutter. Continue to wish Brett well as he ridicules you for giving him a locker and being socially awkward.

In the end, none of it matters. Both sides need to move beyond it. Ted and the Packers appear to be beyond trying to beat Brett, and just want to move forward. Brett appears to still be trying to beat the Packers - to his detriment.

This whole thing will end once Brett decides to end it. IMO

Scott Campbell
10-25-2008, 03:58 PM
Those that appreciate what he did in the past for the GB Packers understand that and appreciate it.

I guess that's one take. But I think there are those of us who appreciate what he did in the past for GB, and don't want to see him squander his legacy and all of the goodwill he spent 17 years accumulating. It's like watching a loved one do damage to themselves. Are you going to enable the behavior by excusing the gaffes, or try to help them stop?

Brett can still fix all of this very easily.

Scott Campbell
10-25-2008, 04:05 PM
He is who he is.

I agree completely. The problem is that he's not who he was. He was a Packer, now he's a Jet. He was gracefully retired, now he's awkwardly hanging on. He was beyond reproach, now you've got every little monkey awaiting his next screw up. He had all of Wisconsin in the palm of his hand, now he's got some number less than that in the palm of his hand. He had the complete respect of all of his teammates, now he's got Chuck Woodson questioning his character.

Like it or not, his stock has fallen. And that's what sucks. Figuring out who to blame appears to be an exercise in futility.

Bretsky
10-25-2008, 08:44 PM

Any yeah, Ted is sitting there. Who felt they needed to hire a political pressman during this whole thing? That should tell you something in itself.How about a guy that knmew he would get ripped to shreds becuase they decided to stick with Rodgers. A guy who knew anything he said would be twisted. Favre should have hired him first. This Fliescher thing is blown out of proportion because of who he was previously employed by.

could not disagree more; I think ever since they hired the political twister Green Bay has used the media like a pawn. They are dam good now and always one step ahead.

I think the homers sweep the twister hire under the rug and ignore that it ever happened.

If TT was the one who looked to sign him on he was the best free agent signing since Charles Woodson

Scott Campbell
10-25-2008, 08:57 PM
Expect to see the worst of me more often.

Like here?

MJZiggy
10-25-2008, 09:01 PM

could not disagree more; I think ever since they hired the political twister Green Bay has used the media like a pawn. They are dam good now and always one step ahead.

I think the homers sweep the twister hire under the rug and ignore that it ever happened.

If TT was the one who looked to sign him on he was the best free agent signing since Charles Woodson

I don't know, as far as I can tell, team management has kept themselves completely out of this latest fiasco. They haven't said a word except a few player quotes from the locker room interviews. I don't thing Ari manages what the players say in the locker room.

KYPack
10-25-2008, 09:09 PM
"exactly rocket surgery."

OK SC

WTF is "rocket surgery." anyhow?

Harlan Huckleby
10-25-2008, 11:34 PM
Those that appreciate what he did in the past for the GB Packers understand that and appreciate it.

Who are those who appreciate that he did in the past?

Are you saying those who supported the PAckers in their decision to go with Rodgers rather than Favre don't appreciate what Favre did in the past?

And whiile I got you on the line, who exactly are the "haters" who you regularly refer to? What does it take to get into that club?

I hear a lot of hate in you towards TT, and it is totally unjustified, the way I see things.

FavreChild
10-26-2008, 12:02 AM
If you let a good PR person like FavreChild craft their message, it could be a golden moment for them. If she's talking just because they're still mad at Ted, then the Favre's will get skewered.

Still waitin' for that call. I think Bus does the Favre's PR. Yeah.

cpk1994
10-26-2008, 12:19 AM

And which way has the tide turned since that hiring? I see the tide turning further against Brett. Though I guess I'm biased, but so are you. I think there may be clues to which way the tide is turning even on this forum. Nutz and Partial seemed to find it harder to defend Brett after this latest episode. Those guys were solidly in Brett's corner before. I think there was far more media support for Brett even a month ago. And you never heard a peep from Jets players about Brett needing to just let it go. So that's why I think the tide may be turning against him.

What Ted and the Packers need to do isn't exactly rocket surgery. Stay out of the gutter. Continue to wish Brett well as he ridicules you for giving him a locker and being socially awkward.

In the end, none of it matters. Both sides need to move beyond it. Ted and the Packers appear to be beyond trying to beat Brett, and just want to move forward. Brett appears to still be trying to beat the Packers - to his detriment.

This whole thing will end once Brett decides to end it. IMOExactly. Remember TT's statement "We are trying to protect Brett's legacy"? Brett obviously doesn't because he is the only one doing damage to it, not TT.

Patler
10-26-2008, 03:24 AM

So Fleischer was involved politically at one point. So what? He now has a public relations consulting firm that specializes in sports media relations. Here is his website:
http://www.fleischersports.com/home.php

The Packers hired him as a consultant for one month, August. His time was up long ago. I have seen nothing about any ongoing retention of his services, just the one month gig, but I suppose it might have continued.

The Packers were not the only NFL team to use Fleisher in some way. He was also hired by the Saints to do the same sort of player instruction as he did for the Packers:

Former White House press secretary Ari Fleischer will meet with the Saints today as a media relations consultant.

Fleischer, who now works extensively in sports communications, has been invited to meet with several NFL teams this offseason, including the Green Bay Packers during the middle of the Brett Favre saga. The league has made a push to improve media relations by mandating that teams provide players and coaches with some form of media training during camp.

"I decided to hire Ari to speak to our team because I felt he provided the best all-around plan for media training, and our players would get an opportunity to dialogue with a guy that would bring some interesting insight and stories to the presentation," said Greg Bensel, the Saints' vice president of communications, who added that Fleischer has been in such demand that it was difficult to work him into the schedule.

Patler
10-26-2008, 03:50 AM
It strikes me that Favre should take some advice from his old friend, Reggie White.

White's departure from the Eagles was with very hard feelings. He felt they didn't do enough to try to keep him, etc., etc. Basically he was not on speaking terms with the owners for several years, and had some very critical things to say about them. He made some accusations of being run out of Philly, of the team starting rumors about him, etc. (Sound familiar??)

Anyway. some years later, I think after he retired, White and the Eagles officially "made up". White commented that he was blinded at the time to the difficult decisions that teams have to make with respect to players, and doing what is best for the team in the long run, even when it involves great players. He said he finally understood why the Eagles had to let him go. It was really no ones fault, just a situation that had to be dealt with.

I wish someone would remind the Favres of this.

th87
10-26-2008, 05:05 AM
I decided to go back and watch:

1. Favre's retirement PC:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kACbVGsWN74

2. Favre's interview on Letterman:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AjLZCtlVu64

3. Favre's interview with Greta:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EBc2aHH943U
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRRXTdZfJ90

In light of what we know today, it is very interesting to see what was said. Certain sentences seem to have a lot more meaning today than they did then.

My take is that Favre is a sincere person, and EXTREMELY emotional, where those emotions may get in the way of better judgment from time to time.

When he retired, he looked very sincere in doing so. It did not look like he was forced into a decision, or forced to step down, or urged in that direction by TT. Not only did he say so, I saw a man, who, at the time was done with football. He wanted out, and was saying goodbye to the game and the fans. The retirement seemed 100% genuine and authentic.

The Letterman interview was interesting. To paraphrase: "By the time training camp comes around, something's bound to happen." The way he delivered it, it seems like this concept was on his mind, and gave a little "Oh whoops!" type grin. This tells me that he was definitely thinking about a comeback, but it hadn't materialized yet in his mind, so there was no use dwelling on it.

Between that point, and the Van Susteren interview, things began to snowball. Rumors flew that he wanted to come back, and Favre sent text messages denying this.

Then the Susteren interview. It is here where Favre lost many, many points in my book. He alleges that TT and MM wanted a decision from him before he was technically ready. But based on what I said above about the retirement speech, I have trouble buying this assertion. He looked completely done, and thought it over in his head. What do indecisive people generally do? Do they make a hasty decision, or do they go back and forth, and then finally come to a decision? I don't believe a "thinker" like Favre would choose to make that big of a decision in his life without being sure about it.

But let's assume he's telling the truth. That he was forced to make a decision before he was ready. What was his reason for not making the Packers wait on him? That he didn't want to be a disruption? That's what he insinuated. But then isn't going on Greta and demanding a release MUCH MORE of a disruption? It just doesn't add up.

He also said that MM said he would've let him wait until training camp. So then why not just ask for more time? He said that they talked every week. If they're that close, then what would stop Favre from requesting a little bit more time? Is their communication that bad that this simple request could be denied? I don't buy that either.

And what was so wrong with being a backup? He skipped the entire off-season planning session after he retired. They'd changed some things. Why is that so insulting? He could've come back, gotten up to speed, and if the team deemed it advantageous, he could've been elevated to starter. But instead, he was hell bent on leaving. And why was competing for a starting spot such a disgusting concept?

So in sum, I think Favre sincerely retired, but began to miss the game. He was confused as to how to proceed, and let Bus Cook turn the Packers into his enemy by feeding his emotional brain with rhetoric, which turned him from Anakin into a mini Darth Vader. We'd never seen that level of animosity prior to the events of this summer.

RashanGary
10-26-2008, 08:27 AM
I sum it up this way:

The Packers have a very strong belief in off-season commitment.

They wanted more from Brett Favre this offseason, partly because they believe so strongly in it and partly because if he said, "no", they finally feel strong enough at the position to move on.

Rather than showing up to the offseason work, Favre retired. Mostly he retired because he felt he couldn't give any more. From there he started talking to people in the sport and previously in the sport. He began to feel that demand on him was unfair and that he had earned the right to take offseasons off if he so deemed. Chilly and company told him so. Att his point the Packers heard he was interested in coming back. They said they'd talk. Brett now feels pissed and is like, "no thanks, guys, I'm good" knowing he's going to wait till TC to get the time off. This pisses the McCarthy off as he is being jerked around so a guy can have the off season off.

Now McCarthy sets it in stone, in his mind and to his players. At this point they were excited about Aaron Rodgers and, quite frankly, didn't want Brett back. Brett sensed this and/or was told this and he became first hurt, then angry to protect his ego. Rather than going along iwth the typical parting of ways he got very pissed off. He believed he was bigger than Ted and wanted to force his way back with basically complete control of the team.

The Packers stood behind Ted.

Favre eventually gave up and the trade was on.

Favre is hurt, but moving on is no reason for him to be pissed off. He had his chance. He chose not to. The Packers moved on, choosing 100% of Aaron over half of Brett.

Here we are. It's really not something to hate and fight over, but people on both sides are doing it.

LP
10-26-2008, 09:49 AM
And why was competing for a starting spot such a disgusting concept?

I think there may have been a little voice in the back of Brett's head telling him that he might not win a legitimate competition. Of course his ego would never let him admit it.

I also think the Packers were pretty sure he would get beat and were hoping to save him the embarassment.

OK, now everyone tell me how Brett Favre could never lose a legitimate competition to Aaron Rodgers.

MJZiggy
10-26-2008, 10:04 AM
No, LP, I don't have a whole lot of evidence to prove it, but something tells me you're right. There's also the fact that if he didn't win the competition, many fans would never accept it anyway.

Hell, they won't even accept the trade, imagine the furor if Brett Favre got benched!

GBRulz
10-26-2008, 12:25 PM
The furor if Favre got benched? Um, ok. Most of all here even agreed that we would be in a much better situation if he was our backup if Rodgers went down, instead of Flynn/Brohm.

falco
10-26-2008, 12:30 PM
The furor if Favre got benched? Um, ok. Most of all here even agreed that we would be in a much better situation if he was our backup if Rodgers went down, instead of Flynn/Brohm.

if you are implying that there wouldn't be a furor, I disagree 100%.

in respect to favre being a backup in GB, I actually think that would be a worse situation for the team overall (chemistry and long term stability) if farve was here

GBRulz
10-26-2008, 12:33 PM

in respect to favre being a backup in GB, I actually think that would be a worse situation for the team overall (chemistry and long term stability) if Favre was here

Then we will just agree to disagree! :wink: I just know that I would feel a helluva lot better if Rodgers went down that we had Favre to back him up. The problem is, Favre would never have it that way, so the point pretty much becomes moot.

Iron Mike
10-26-2008, 12:35 PM

in respect to favre being a backup in GB, I actually think that would be a worse situation for the team overall (chemistry and long term stability) if Favre was here

Like anyone could even know that, Napoleon.

http://www.funtalking.com/images/wallpaper_kiphead.jpg

GBRulz
10-26-2008, 12:37 PM
Favre just got nailed...wonder if he will return to the game?

arcilite
10-26-2008, 12:42 PM

he didn't get nailed.

from what i saw he fell down, but due to how his legs/arms were he couldnt brace himself for a fall and fell hard on his back if you get what im saying?

Iron Mike
10-26-2008, 12:42 PM

Dan Dierdorf explained it as Favre fell down of his own accord.....I saw it as Favre bounced off of Faneca after he stepped forward to throw.

Are he and I watching the same game?? :roll:

arcilite
10-26-2008, 01:07 PM
wow he is playing horrible

MOBB DEEP
10-26-2008, 01:39 PM
wow he is playing horrible

QFT

MOBB DEEP
10-26-2008, 02:51 PM
thank God for washington

MOBB DEEP
10-26-2008, 02:57 PM
BOO YAH

MOBB DEEP
10-26-2008, 02:59 PM
how many 4th quarter comebacks is that now???

MOBB DEEP
10-26-2008, 03:03 PM
...plus bills lost too,,,,

YES!!!

Cheesehead Craig
10-26-2008, 03:56 PM
That was a hell of a catch by Coles. The look on his face showed that even he didn't believe he caught it.

I gotta say though, those Jets cheerleaders were hot!

TennesseePackerBacker
10-26-2008, 04:54 PM

Yes, against the mighty Chiefs! Favre played horrible against a bad team...My guess is we get a 3rd round draft pick.

packerbacker1234
10-26-2008, 05:07 PM

mraynrand
10-26-2008, 05:54 PM
funny game. Favre had about five bad passes and they were almost all the same - bad playcalling and bad judgment by Favre. Otherwise he played pretty well. It the JETS hadn't been playing such a crappy team, they would have gotten blown out. Those 'up for grab' passes of Favre seem to follow the same pattern as the ones he threw at GB - a bit of desperation, a bit of wanting not to get hit, and a whole lot risky. They do seem to be much more frequent. Finally, there were some clear passes where you cold see his arm strength was not up to Favre par.

b bulldog
10-26-2008, 06:23 PM
Rodgers is clealy the better QB NOW. Emphasis on now!

Chevelle2
10-26-2008, 09:29 PM
Jets won DESPITE Favre. Had Favre not thrown those picks, KC wouldn't have scored all those points.

Interception #1: Interception is returned to the NYJ 38. The Chiefs take advantage of the shortened field (thanks to Favre) and score a TD.

Interception #2: the Chiefs punt.

Interception #3: the Chiefs return it for a TD.

So that's 14 points. But if you don't want to lay the 1st TD on Favre's shoulders, because it could have been 10 points with a field goal, we'll split the difference and call it 12 points on Favre's shoulders.

24-12 = 12.

12 points solely because of Favre.

gex
10-26-2008, 10:22 PM
Jets won DESPITE Favre. Had Favre not thrown those picks, KC wouldn't have scored all those points.

Interception #1: Interception is returned to the NYJ 38. The Chiefs take advantage of the shortened field (thanks to Favre) and score a TD.

So that's 14 points. But if you don't want to lay the 1st TD on Favre's shoulders, because it could have been 10 points with a field goal, we'll split the difference and call it 12 points on Favre's shoulders.

24-12 = 12.

Chevelle2 = troll

cpk1994
10-26-2008, 10:25 PM

Yes, against the mighty Chiefs! Favre played horrible against a bad team...My guess is we get a 3rd round draft pick.and that came after an abysmal performace against the mighty Raiders. Horrible performances against two of worst teams in the NFL won't make the Jets fans too confident.

GrnBay007
10-26-2008, 10:40 PM

Yes, against the mighty Chiefs! Favre played horrible against a bad team...My guess is we get a 3rd round draft pick.and that came after an abysmal performace against the mighty Raiders. Horrible performances against two of worst teams in the NFL won't make the Jets fans too confident.

Makes you happy though, doesn't it?

Chevelle2
10-26-2008, 10:53 PM

24-12 = 12.

Chevelle2 = troll

Why, because you can't handle the facts?

Harlan Huckleby
10-26-2008, 11:15 PM
http://intheouter.net/wp-content/uploads/2006/05/img_fewgoodmen.jpg

YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH!

Partial
10-26-2008, 11:18 PM

24-12 = 12.

Chevelle2 = troll

I can accept the facts, disagree with them, and still think you're a troll.

You came in here just to throw fuel on the fire. Did you contribute anything noteworthy? No. Did you contribute anything other than flamebait? No. What was the positive contribution to make this place better, exactly?

If you cannot answer that question, then you are a troll and should leave.

Harlan Huckleby
10-26-2008, 11:21 PM
jeez, Chevelle just offered some opinions, and he even went so far as to back them up. (a step I never take, myself.)

his opinion may be irritating to Favre fans, but big whup.

The honor of "troll" requires repetitive, grinding action.

BallHawk
10-26-2008, 11:26 PM
TROLL MODE: INITIATED

bret Farve is an old washed up fag.

mY moM can throw a ball father than he can.

Ted Thompson cAn beat any1 on here up.

i'D rather have Kyle Orton than Farve.

cpk1994
10-26-2008, 11:29 PM

Makes you happy though, doesn't it?Since it is the Jets, I don't care. I am more interested in rooting on ARod and the Packers, my favorite team, over having feelings over one of the other 31 teams in the NFL not named Bears or Vikings.

cpk1994
10-26-2008, 11:31 PM

24-12 = 12.

Chevelle2 = troll

I can accept the facts, disagree with them, and still think you're a troll.

You came in here just to throw fuel on the fire. Did you contribute anything noteworthy? No. Did you contribute anything other than flamebait? No. What was the positive contribution to make this place better, exactly?

If you cannot answer that question, then you are a troll and should leave.The hypocisy in the above post blows my mind.

GBRulz
10-26-2008, 11:32 PM
you sure put a lot of effort into a subject that you don't care about.

Harlan Huckleby
10-26-2008, 11:32 PM
:lol:

Freak Out
10-26-2008, 11:33 PM
I heard some talking head (ESPN) say that KC is the youngest team in the NFL and the Jets/Favre almost lost to them...weren't the Packers the youngest team last year and almost went to the SB? Fucking schmuck. The Lions almost won this weekend...wonders never cease.

GrnBay007
10-26-2008, 11:33 PM

Makes you happy though, doesn't it?Since it is the Jets, I don't care. I am more interested in rooting on ARod and the Packers, my favorite team, over having feelings over one of the other 31 teams in the NFL not named Bears or Vikings.

Then why waste your time flaming another QB? Seems silly, doesn't it? But yet you continue to do it.

Chevelle2
10-26-2008, 11:34 PM
I heard some talking head (ESPN) say that KC is the youngest team in the NFL and the Jets/Favre almost lost to them...weren't the Packers the youngest team last year and almost went to the SB? Fucking schmuck. The Lions almost won this weekend...wonders never cease.

I thought we were the youngest team, for the 3rd year in a row?

cpk1994
10-26-2008, 11:36 PM
you sure put a lot of effort into a subject that you don't care about.Only if that subject is Favre's continual trashing of the Packers organization. But the subject was the Jets and Favre's performance. I offered my opinion. That is hardly any effort.

cpk1994
10-26-2008, 11:37 PM

Then why waste your time flaming another QB? Seems silly, doesn't it? But yet you continue to do it.I merely offerd my opinion of how I think the Jets fans feel based on the facts of the last two weeks. How is that flaming?

GrnBay007
10-26-2008, 11:41 PM
I merely offerd my opinion of how I think the Jets fans feel based on the facts of the last two weeks. How is that flaming?

I'm sure the Jets fans appreciate your concern. :roll:

Freak Out
10-26-2008, 11:45 PM

I thought we were the youngest team, for the 3rd year in a row?

That's what I thought as well....these guys are pro's and unless they just give up like the Bengals they have a chance to win any week.

gex
10-26-2008, 11:47 PM
you sure put a lot of effort into a subject that you don't care about.

:bclap: :bclap: :bclap: :bclap: :bclap:

cpk1994
10-26-2008, 11:58 PM
I merely offerd my opinion of how I think the Jets fans feel based on the facts of the last two weeks. How is that flaming?

I'm sure the Jets fans appreciate your concern. :roll:I don't really care, and you avoided my question so I will assume you either don't have an answer or you were wrong.

HarveyWallbangers
10-27-2008, 12:01 AM
I don't really care, and you avoided my question so I will assume you either don't have an answer or you were wrong.

Most (not all, but most) of these people have done a good job of keeping the Favre posts to this thread, so I think you could return the favor by staying out of this thread.

cpk1994
10-27-2008, 12:07 AM
I don't really care, and you avoided my question so I will assume you either don't have an answer or you were wrong.

Most (not all, but most) of these people have done a good job of keeping the Favre posts to this thread, so I think you could return the favor by staying out of this thread.Why? I merly offered an opinion of what I thought Jets fanas might be feeling following Favre's bad performances against the two worst teams in the NFL. Then I asked 007 how I could be flaming with that post and got total avoidance of the question with a smart ass answer. It is becoming very clear that the mere thought that a post is negative in the Favre thread is verboten and that is just pathetic.

Bossman641
10-27-2008, 06:44 AM

Most (not all, but most) of these people have done a good job of keeping the Favre posts to this thread, so I think you could return the favor by staying out of this thread.Why? I merly offered an opinion of what I thought Jets fanas might be feeling following Favre's bad performances against the two worst teams in the NFL. Then I asked 007 how I could be flaming with that post and got total avoidance of the question with a smart ass answer. It is becoming very clear that the mere thought that a post is negative in the Favre thread is verboten and that is just pathetic.

Just let them continue to gloat about a win over the Chiefs. I didn't see anything wrong with your posts, but critique of Favre is off limits in this thread.

Fritz
10-27-2008, 07:00 AM
Favre played like Favre sometimes plays.

GBRulz
10-27-2008, 07:48 AM
you sure put a lot of effort into a subject that you don't care about.Only if that subject is Favre's continual trashing of the Packers organization. But the subject was the Jets and Favre's performance. I offered my opinion. That is hardly any effort.

Yes, I know. When it comes to negativity, it comes very easy for you and therefore, no effort is required. Not just with Favre, but I remember you completely throwing M3 under a bus, too. Don't remember the exact words, but calling him a piece of shit and not having any balls, doesn't seem too far out of the equation.

Nobody here is denying that Favre had another horrible game yesterday. Personally, I think he is hurt more than we know. I also believe the coaching is less than stellar in Jetland, something he was really able to benefit from under M3.

The Jets fans appreciate your sincere concern and also your Miss Cleo like attempt to predict what they are thinking.

GBRulz
10-27-2008, 07:58 AM
Just let them continue to gloat about a win over the Chiefs.

I must have missed that. Who here was gloating over the Jets win over the Chiefs?

GrnBay007
10-27-2008, 08:19 AM
From NFL Fan House....the Favre's have joined the blogging revolution! In the most recent post, Deanna, Brett's wife, writes that her husband isn't a vindictive jerk, which should come as news to Ted Thompson, Mike McCarthy, and the sports media (obvious exclusion: Peter King, BFF Esq.)

Via the Family of Favre:
"... [M]ost hurtful are those media reports who would like you to believe that Brett is eaten up with bitterness over his split with the Packers. Still feeling some grief, sure... but not bitterness. Yes, in the beginning, Brett was angry and hurt with the way things ended, but how could he not be? Brett gave most of his career (and his adult life) to the Packers. ...

Brett does not, in any way, hold a vendetta against his former team ... But that has not stopped some from scrutinizing his every move and blaming him for so many things that simply are not true. ... Because of this, lately, my heart has been so heavy. It is very hard to watch the daily toll this has taken on Brett."

mraynrand
10-27-2008, 08:37 AM
Brett does not, in any way, hold a vendetta against his former team ... But that has not stopped some from scrutinizing his every move and blaming him for so many things that simply are not true. ... Because of this, lately, my heart has been so heavy. It is very hard to watch the daily toll this has taken on Brett."

Oh for chrissakes, I think I am going to cry. "My Brett...." If this is really taking a toll on Favre, he needs to get over it. He was vindictive:

Favre said of his desire to play for the Vikings. “Maybe that was a little bit of vindictive nature, or whatever, competitive nature, whatever,” Favre said. “I think in the end, that was probably the wrong motive and I realized that was not going to happen.”

-------

The last thing we need is Deanna Favre blogging about "Her Brett..." Bleccchh.

pbmax
10-27-2008, 10:12 AM

Most (not all, but most) of these people have done a good job of keeping the Favre posts to this thread, so I think you could return the favor by staying out of this thread.
I haven't been reading this thread (you got me, I stopped by to see what people were saying about three INTs and the comeback win), so I may have missed this discussion, but isn't the Official Favre thread stuff self defeating?

If all Favre news belongs in here, isn't some of it going to be critical? Alternatively, if critical Favre news gets its own threads, isn't that stuffing the ballot box, so to speak?

What really should be banned is comments that contain personal shots. Chevelle's post about the points Favre helped the Chiefs score seems legitimate. The next ten posts decrying trolls and haters is unreadable (that includes the retorts by Chevelle and cpk, I am not taking sides). Partial's definition of a troll post is good, and Chevelle's initial point does not seem to fit in its parameters.

If you want to take a shot at someone, start a thread about me changing my season long held position that the defense is single-handedly killing this team (read: Packers not Jets) (and mostly run defense). Looking through the stats, I am now equally worried about why we haven't generated more offensive points (forget the return TDs). And I blame the run game; O Line, RBs, second half playcalling and QB/WRs in that order.

HarveyWallbangers
10-27-2008, 10:34 AM
Not all Favre news is on here. I see this as an oasis for the Favre groupies to express their unconditional love for all things Brett. It gives them an outlet, and it keeps much of it out of the Packers forum.

Partial
10-27-2008, 11:07 AM

I must have missed that. Who here was gloating over the Jets win over the Chiefs?

Let's not forget our far more talented Packer team barely squeeked out a win against the Chiefs last year.

They're a tough team, despite their lack of talent. Especially in KC.

Partial
10-27-2008, 11:11 AM

It's trolling because you are not contributing anything positive to the forum. We all know where you stand. You've made it perfectly crystal clear.

Is it necessary to come in here after a rough game and talk about how bad Favre is? Your comparisons are absolute bullshit. You can't compare stat for stat when Rodgers is walking onto a team with that kind of offensive fire power and Favre is taking over a 4-12 team.

Rodgers is playing great no doubt, but considering the circumstances and matching last years win total, on pace to double it is playing pretty well also.

Here's some food for thought: While many of us did not think he'd play nearly this well (myself among others), many here were against going with Rodgers for reasons other than how well he would play. Loyalty, etc.

Zool
10-27-2008, 11:45 AM
Is it necessary to come in here after a rough game and talk about how bad Favre is?

Much like the Jets/Cardinals game when Brett was once again the greatest thing since sliced bread and Rodgers was the second coming of Mephisto?

Partial
10-27-2008, 11:50 AM
Is it necessary to come in here after a rough game and talk about how bad Favre is?

Much like the Jets/Cardinals game when Brett was once again the greatest thing since sliced bread and Rodgers was the second coming of Mephisto?

This is a Favre thread after all, is it not? I don't think people went seeking out posters, quoting their posts simply to rub it in their face. Maybe Paco and CPK, but they're douchebags to begin with.

Harlan Huckleby
10-27-2008, 11:52 AM

Its a forum, not a cheering section. If the Favre Fans wanted a private room, that could have had it. But they noisely protested the idea, several said they wanted to keep Favre in everyone's faces.

There is taunting going on in BOTH directions. This week just happens to be one of Brett's interception fests.

Harlan Huckleby
10-27-2008, 11:54 AM
This is a Favre thread after all, is it not? I don't think people went seeking out posters, quoting their posts simply to rub it in their face. Maybe Paco and CPK, but they're douchebags to begin with.

Its not just a couple people looking to rub it in.

To an extent, its just to be expected. We got butt-sore Favre Fans, pissed-off Packer protectors.

Lurker64
10-27-2008, 11:55 AM
Brett does not, in any way, hold a vendetta against his former team

Well, that's certainly what he says, and that's what he wants you to believe. But neither you, nor I, know Brett Favre's private mental states. So it's impossible to say with authority whether or not Brett Farve is holding a grudge here.

It all comes down to "whether or not you believe Brett." In the past he's been both incredibly honest and straightforward in some cases, and also incredibly duplicitous to the point of issuing outright lies as statements in other cases. He's given people a lot of reasons to believe in him, and he's also given people a lot of reasons to doubt him.

I believe that you believe what you say, but I don't think that you can really be as sure as you seem to be.

Zool
10-27-2008, 11:57 AM

People certainly did but you are of a like mind with them so it doesnt bother you. To people who disagree its bothersome. Much like this is to you now. Frankly I wish both sides with STFU about it already.

Bossman641
10-27-2008, 12:32 PM

Let's not forget our far more talented Packer team barely squeeked out a win against the Chiefs last year.

They're a tough team, despite their lack of talent. Especially in KC.

Let's also not forget that game was in Arrowhead, where the Chiefs are a much tougher team. The Chiefs also weren't starting their 3rd string QB at the time and were 4-3, not 1-5.

cpk1994
10-27-2008, 02:40 PM

Yes, I know. When it comes to negativity, it comes very easy for you and therefore, no effort is required. Not just with Favre, but I remember you completely throwing M3 under a bus, too. Don't remember the exact words, but calling him a piece of shit and not having any balls, doesn't seem too far out of the equation.

Nobody here is denying that Favre had another horrible game yesterday. Personally, I think he is hurt more than we know. I also believe the coaching is less than stellar in Jetland, something he was really able to benefit from under M3.

The Jets fans appreciate your sincere concern and also your Miss Cleo like attempt to predict what they are thinking.Again, I did call out M3, but he showed me that I need to give him the benfit of the doubt before jumping to conclusions. He proved me wrong. Case closed. How about I put it this way, If it the was Packers that just barely pulled out a win over the Chiefs after losing to the Radiers, wouldn't you as a Packer fan be very concerned about the team and the rest of the season? Its hardly a stretch to believe the Jets fans are very antsy right now.

gex
10-27-2008, 03:38 PM
Dumping on Favre can be compared to everything that makes the Packers great.

I love the Packers and all the tradition, and to here the same people (trolls like cpk and chevelle)talking shit about a HUGE part of that tradition is akin to talking shit about Vince, Curly, Reggie and everyone else who played or had a part in making the Packers great.

If you have no problem trashing Favre then I bet you would never stand up to anyone trashing the other Packer greats(probably wouldn't stand your ground for anything) 8-)

cpk1994
10-27-2008, 04:09 PM
Dumping on Favre can be compared to everything that makes the Packers great.

I love the Packers and all the tradition, and to here the same people (trolls like cpk and chevelle)talking shit about a HUGE part of that tradition is akin to talking shit about Vince, Curly, Reggie and everyone else who played or had a part in making the Packers great.

If you have no problem trashing Favre then I bet you would never stand up to anyone trashing the other Packer greats(probably wouldn't stand your ground for anything) 8-)This is the most rediculous thing I have ever read. And that is saying something as I have read a lot of Tank's and Woody's ramblings.

mmmdk
10-27-2008, 04:41 PM

It's trolling because you are not contributing anything positive to the forum. We all know where you stand. You've made it perfectly crystal clear.

Is it necessary to come in here after a rough game and talk about how bad Favre is? Your comparisons are absolute bullshit. You can't compare stat for stat when Rodgers is walking onto a team with that kind of offensive fire power and Favre is taking over a 4-12 team.

Rodgers is playing great no doubt, but considering the circumstances and matching last years win total, on pace to double it is playing pretty well also.

Here's some food for thought: While many of us did not think he'd play nearly this well (myself among others), many here were against going with Rodgers for reasons other than how well he would play. Loyalty, etc.

You're a troll, at best, part. And who are 'we' ? The old pee brain JSO possé that were driven from JSO by those other bad JSO people? That's my guess.

Get a fvcking life ; you're a disgrace. Your, so called, football knowledge is textbook machiavellian behavior. Get away from your PC and get help and take a bunch of your onliners with you.

I've had it with this place & I am glad I never gave you plus others a chance in real life.

No threat! I'm 100% done with Nutty rats.

Partial
10-27-2008, 04:47 PM
OK guy.

mmmdk
10-27-2008, 04:52 PM
OK guy.

Tell your protectors to, please, erase my profile from this place. I'm going elsewhere for good.

arcilite
10-27-2008, 04:58 PM
OK guy.

Tell your protectors to, please, erase my profile from this place. I'm going elsewhere for good.

dude, its the internet.

dont take it so serious.

Freak Out
10-27-2008, 05:04 PM
It's a fucking football forum man....did someone kick you in the nuts and rape your dog? Chill.

Lurker64
10-27-2008, 05:11 PM
http://www.roflcat.com/images/cats/270911970_db35fdd4ca.jpg

GBRulz
10-27-2008, 05:12 PM
This is the most rediculous thing I have ever read. And that is saying something as I have read a lot of Tank's and Woody's ramblings.

Apparently you didn't read them in full or read the post that followed this. :wink:

mmmdk
10-27-2008, 05:23 PM
It's a fucking football forum man....did someone kick you in the nuts and rape your dog? Chill.

no it's not a football forum; my life is too valuable to spend time with machiavellian people.

I'll be at packerchatters; I already am.

I am sorry for the outburst but this forum is bonkers; I'd like to be 'set free' and not be associated with being a PR. I don't feel like PR is for me no more!

I love the town of Green Bay, Packers & will return for more games but I will not be part of PRs.

Just do it mods & peace to the rest of ya.

mmmdk
10-27-2008, 05:27 PM
This is the most rediculous thing I have ever read. And that is saying something as I have read a lot of Tank's and Woody's ramblings.

Apparently you didn't read them in full or read the post that followed this. :wink:

I've read too much on PR - this was not the last drop and I don't care about tank, part or other nutty people.

I am at packerchatters and you're welcome to chat there too.

arcilite
10-27-2008, 05:46 PM
i hate packerchatters

they have like 100 different subforums

if you have a post about a players relationship TT or something

does it go in packer news?

or player talk?

or the TT forum?

wherever you put it the mods will move it and yell and you

shits weak.

gex
10-27-2008, 05:50 PM
I think everyone should have to use Harlans goodbye speech as a template when they want to say goodbye.

ps. its a more effective goodbye if you start your own thread for it, saying goodbye on page 45 of the Brett Favre thread isn't as dramatic.

MJZiggy
10-27-2008, 06:06 PM
Well I had a legitimate question but I can see this is not the place right now. :shock: I'll post it elsewhere...

MOBB DEEP
10-27-2008, 07:39 PM

24-12 = 12.

Chevelle2 = troll

lol

MOBB DEEP
10-27-2008, 07:57 PM

The Jets fans appreciate your sincere concern and also your Miss Cleo like attempt to predict what they are thinking.Again, I did call out M3, but he showed me that I need to give him the benfit of the doubt before jumping to conclusions. He proved me wrong. Case closed. How about I put it this way, If it the was Packers that just barely pulled out a win over the Chiefs after losing to the Radiers, wouldn't you as a Packer fan be very concerned about the team and the rest of the season? Its hardly a stretch to believe the Jets fans are very antsy right now.

yes, im antsy

Harlan Huckleby
10-27-2008, 07:57 PM
I like the new 'tar.

Edgy.

MOBB DEEP
10-27-2008, 08:01 PM

no it's not a football forum; my life is too valuable to spend time with machiavellian people.

2Pac has been on here too??

MadtownPacker
10-27-2008, 08:19 PM
I've had it with this place & I am glad I never gave you plus others a chance in real life.Nice to know you where too good to hang out with us. All good cuz I like to hang with the bottom of the human barrel anyways. Just ask Harlan. When PC has given you the boot after your first big crying thread feel free to crawl back to shitty ole PR. We accept whoever and will keep your seat warm.

Besides, you eurotrash boyz can't hang with the way we Americanos party. :lol:

Scott Campbell
10-27-2008, 08:26 PM
Wow - banned twice in two days.

SkinBasket
10-27-2008, 08:27 PM
Wow - banned twice in two days.

You've gained heroic status. did they take your avatar as punishment?

Harlan Huckleby
10-27-2008, 08:29 PM
he dumped the avatar when I said I liked it.

just a gut response, i'm sure.

Scott Campbell
10-27-2008, 08:29 PM
I may have been too naughty.

MadtownPacker
10-27-2008, 08:30 PM
Wow - banned twice in two days.Wow, yet you keep magically posting. I always get a big laugh when someone makes a post complaining how they where banned.

Scott Campbell
10-27-2008, 08:33 PM
Yeah, yeah, yeah. You can make me disappear. You can probably make me re-appear too. It's like magic.

So do you want the story, or not?

SkinBasket
10-27-2008, 08:34 PM
I am at packerchatters and you're welcome to chat there too.

And you're welcome to go fuck yourself there too.

Scott Campbell
10-27-2008, 08:35 PM
The avatar just said "Banned" in black and orange. Must be a swear word in Spanglish because he yanked it pretty quick.

MadtownPacker
10-27-2008, 08:37 PM
Yeah, yeah, yeah. You can make me disappear. You can probably make me re-appear too. It's like magic.

So do you want the story, or not?Yes I can but do I do it? Think about that one. That is the difference between you and me.

What story? Did you snitch on us about something? :lol:

Scott Campbell
10-27-2008, 08:39 PM
I'm informed via PM that technically I was not banned. I was "de-activated".

I guess I stand corrected!

:lol: :lol:

Deputy Nutz
10-27-2008, 08:40 PM

That would be me. Sorry

MadtownPacker
10-27-2008, 08:41 PM
You are still here now and if you just go back to your routine of being a prick we can forget about this mess. Until the FBI comes crashing in. I dont know why you Whiteys call the cops so fast.

Scott Campbell
10-27-2008, 08:43 PM
You are still here now and if you just go back to your routine of being a prick we can forget about this mess. Until the FBI comes crashing in. I dont know why you Whiteys call the cops so fast.

Lets see how feel that once you hear the story.

SkinBasket
10-27-2008, 08:43 PM

That would be me. Sorry

And then I raped nutz while watching the Jets game.

MadtownPacker
10-27-2008, 08:44 PM

Lets see how feel that once you hear the story.Lets hear it then. Right now, be a man a tell everyone what you did.

SkinBasket
10-27-2008, 08:44 PM

Stop with the cock tease and tell us.

Harlan Huckleby
10-27-2008, 08:45 PM

Stop with the cock tease and tell us.

ahh, who gives a fuck about this lovers spat.

Save it for your memoirs.

Scott Campbell
10-27-2008, 08:46 PM
Oh, don't get yourself all lathered up - it's not much. Just a little practical joke.

Scott Campbell
10-27-2008, 08:47 PM
Lets hear it then. Right now, be a man a tell everyone what you did.

........says the paranoid guy who pulled my av down and banned.........uhhhh.......deactivated......me twice..

Scott Campbell
10-27-2008, 08:48 PM
And you fucked up my quote feature too. Bastard!

Scott Campbell
10-27-2008, 08:49 PM
So I penned 2 emails.

Deputy Nutz

First Tank, then Partial, next it was Harrell, now Campbell. All these people that get pissy and then claim to be banned.

Who am I missing on this list?

Scott Campbell
Both were from Mrs. Sarah Campbell - mother of 14 year old Scott Campbell.

SkinBasket
10-27-2008, 08:51 PM

First Tank, then Partial, next it was Harrell, now Campbell. All these people that get pissy and then claim to be banned.

Who am I missing on this list?

Partial should be banned again. Those were the golden days.

Harlan Huckleby
10-27-2008, 08:51 PM
addressed to "Brett, care of NY Jets". Ya, go on.

GrnBay007
10-27-2008, 08:53 PM

LOL
....well, it is Brett the Jet thread, after all. :wink:

MadtownPacker
10-27-2008, 08:56 PM
And you fucked up my quote feature too. Bastard!Moron, you disabled BBCode in your profile. But feel free to cry about it.

Scott Campbell
10-27-2008, 08:56 PM
To whom it may concern:

I came home from work last Thursday to find my son Scott on our computer looking at pornography on your website. He's only 14 years old. Needless to say, I'm not too thrilled and won't be patronizing your establishment anymore. And neither will my neighbors...blah, blah, blah.....

I included B's lesbo link from the GC:

http://www.packerrats.com/ratchat/viewtopic.php?t=2384&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=40

I included a screen capture with the PR logo and the lovely lesbians in all their glory. And my login and password.

Scott Campbell
10-27-2008, 08:58 PM

LOL

Nah, just to Marty's Boston Crab, and a similar one to the Packers PR department asking why there's a Tory Humphrey interview on a porn site.

Harlan Huckleby
10-27-2008, 08:58 PM
this is so stupid it's funny

Ziggy and Nutz having seizures in the GC. Madtown declaring condition Orange.

Scott Campbell
10-27-2008, 08:59 PM
And you fucked up my quote feature too. Bastard!Moron, you disabled BBCode in your profile. But feel free to cry about it.

Oh. Well I am a moron as charged on that count.

But you still banned.......uhhhh........"de-activated" me twice, and took down my new av. And deleted a bunch of posts. That's ok - I don't mind.

Harlan Huckleby
10-27-2008, 08:59 PM
Nah, just to Marty's Boston Crab, and a similar one to the Packers PR department asking why there's a Tory Humphrey interview on a porn site.

oh shit, that WAS kinda dumb.

Deputy Nutz
10-27-2008, 09:00 PM
To whom it may concern:

I came home from work last Thursday to find my son Scott on our computer looking at pornography on your website. He's only 14 years old. Needless to say, I'm not too thrilled and won't be patronizing your establishment anymore. And neither will my neighbors...blah, blah, blah.....

I included B's lesbo link from the GC:

http://www.packerrats.com/ratchat/viewtopic.php?t=2384&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=40

I included a screen capture with the PR logo and the lovely lesbians in all their glory. And my login and password.

What the fuck is your problem. You are probably just fucking around and all but Why fuck with everyones shit?

This shit is low even if you are pulling a pretty fucked up joke.

Scott Campbell
10-27-2008, 09:00 PM
this is so stupid it's funny

Thank you for helping me with the idea. I couldn't have done it without you.

MadtownPacker
10-27-2008, 09:01 PM

LOL

Nah, just to Marty's Boston Crab, and a similar one to the Packers PR department asking why there's a Tory Humphrey interview on a porn site.Wow, way to go champ!!

So you photoshopped an image onto a page huh? Clever, but you know we here would never allow porn. 8-)

Harlan Huckleby
10-27-2008, 09:01 PM
and it seemed like such a good idea at the time. sorry.

Scott Campbell
10-27-2008, 09:02 PM
That must be a hood thing. Deny, deny, deny......

Anyway, it's just a little joke. They probably didn't even bother to look at it.

Deputy Nutz
10-27-2008, 09:03 PM
Fuck you Harlan.

I told you all to stop fucking around, but you cocksuckers just wouldn't leave shit alone, I asked you all to leave my Garbage Can alone, but no, look at what you burden me with.

Scott Campbell
10-27-2008, 09:04 PM
Clever, but you know we here would never allow porn. 8-)

Well they had my login and password from 7:30 this morning, up until you banned me.

MadtownPacker
10-27-2008, 09:05 PM

Oh. Well I am a moron as charged on that count.

But you still banned.......uhhhh........"de-activated" me twice, and took down my new av. And deleted a bunch of posts. That's ok - I don't mind.Uhh, a mod took your ass out Saturday and you deserved it. Your new av?? False advertising. Deactivated twice? Looks like u are still posting arent you? In fact I am the one who insisted on reactivating you after Saturday.

Scott Campbell
10-27-2008, 09:07 PM
In fact I am the one who insisted on reactivating you after Saturday.

Thanks. I couldn't have done it if you left me banned.

MadtownPacker
10-27-2008, 09:07 PM
Clever, but you know we here would never allow porn. 8-)

Well they had my login and password from 7:30 this morning, up until you banned me.Yes, I am sure they are dying to log on to PackerRats. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tell us the truth, did you call Matt Millen??? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Scott Campbell
10-27-2008, 09:08 PM
Tell us the truth, did you call Matt Millen???[/size] :lol: :lol: :lol:

Not unless he hunts Mexicans. :lol:

SkinBasket
10-27-2008, 09:11 PM
Hey, you guys remember when mmmdk left? Good times.

MadtownPacker
10-27-2008, 09:13 PM
In fact I am the one who insisted on reactivating you after Saturday.

Thanks. I couldn't have done it if you left me banned. No problemo but damn, I have never met someone so proud to have turned traitor on people who have discussed football and life side by side with him for years.

Scott Campbell
10-27-2008, 09:14 PM
Geez - can't you take a little joke?

Scott Campbell
10-27-2008, 09:16 PM
No problemo but damn, I have never met someone so proud to have turned traitor...........

Are you really that gullible?

MadtownPacker
10-27-2008, 09:16 PM
Geez - can't you take a little joke?http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v739/SweetLooly/cat-traitor.jpg

GBRulz
10-27-2008, 09:19 PM

I'm considering following the euro, myself.

Scott Campbell
10-27-2008, 09:19 PM
I have never met someone so proud to have turned traitor on people who have discussed football and life side by side with him for years.

You told me to go to hell. So I brought you back a little souvenir.

Scott Campbell
10-27-2008, 09:22 PM
Ok, so you guys do understand I didn't send anything - right? I was just playin around a little to see if we could get Mad to pucker a little.

I know - its childish. But you gotta understand - every day is April 1 in Campbell land.

Scott Campbell
10-27-2008, 09:23 PM
He probably didn't fall for it. I'm gonna have to try harder next time. Maybe Harlan can help me.

Deputy Nutz
10-27-2008, 09:24 PM

Well fucky you too.

Harlan Huckleby
10-27-2008, 09:25 PM
I blame all this trouble on BRett Favre. IF he would have stayed retired, none of this shit would have happened.

There is no peace in Mudville tonight.

Scott Campbell
10-27-2008, 09:26 PM
I blame all this trouble on BRett Favre. IF he would have stayed retired, none of this shit would have happened.

You got any ideas for an encore?

SkinBasket
10-27-2008, 09:27 PM

Well fucky you too.

Please. It's not like this is the pregnancy thread. Now I'm going to have to spend half my day tomorrow reliving those good times.

Scott Campbell
10-27-2008, 09:28 PM
Damn it got quiet.

MJZiggy
10-27-2008, 09:29 PM
Shhhh. We're trying to read the pregnancy thread here.

Harlan Huckleby
10-27-2008, 09:31 PM

You got any ideas for an encore?

Keep that letter handy. Did Madtown mention where he got promoted?

Scott Campbell
I'm starting to think that maybe this wasn't in very good taste.

Zool
Snif...I'm mad at Mad so ban me. (took away login)

http://forumspile.com/No-Darth_Vader.jpg

Scott Campbell
10-27-2008, 09:33 PM
Snif...I'm mad at Mad so ban me. (took away login)

You were a gentleman throughout Zool. Thanks for playin.

Scott Campbell
10-27-2008, 09:38 PM
Did Madtown mention where he got promoted?

I think he got promoted to strawberries. Not sure though.

mraynrand
10-27-2008, 09:40 PM
What is all the trouble tonight? Did someone mention a blender?

Scott Campbell
10-27-2008, 09:42 PM
LOL - I'm locked out of the GC. You guys are kill'n me!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

mraynrand
10-27-2008, 09:44 PM
LOL - I'm locked out of the GC. You guys are kill'n me!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Maybe that's a blessing in disguise.

Scott Campbell
10-27-2008, 09:48 PM
Mabye. Or they might think I really sent those emails.

mraynrand
10-27-2008, 09:52 PM
I don't want to know what's going on. I just want to make sure Nutz doesn't kill me.

MOBB DEEP
10-27-2008, 09:54 PM
so this thread has turned into a chat room? no lord favre info/discussion?

HarveyWallbangers
10-27-2008, 09:55 PM
Remember when Lawyer Joe posted that he was going to send shit to people's places of employment to get them into trouble? That was some good shit. Now that was a practical joke. Jack high-tailed it.

MadtownPacker
10-27-2008, 09:56 PM
Mabye. Or they might think I really sent those emails.
Got a guy we need you to "talk" to Nicky.

http://images.askmen.com/money/mafioso_150/187_mafia.jpg

Deputy Nutz
10-27-2008, 09:58 PM
I don't want to know what's going on. I just want to make sure Nutz doesn't kill me.

You're so fucked.

mraynrand
10-27-2008, 10:00 PM

You're so fucked.

Nutz, have a drink on me:
http://img.alibaba.com/photo/101470509/Scoti_Blended_Scotch_Whisky.jpg

Deputy Nutz
10-27-2008, 10:02 PM

You're so fucked.

Nutz, have a drink on me:
http://img.alibaba.com/photo/101470509/Scoti_Blended_Scotch_Whisky.jpg

You remembered, you do care.

I love you Blenderboy!

Scott Campbell
10-27-2008, 10:10 PM
Remember when Lawyer Joe posted that he was going to send shit to people's places of employment to get them into trouble? That was some good shit. Now that was a practical joke. Jack high-tailed it.

Geez, if you really it's that bad he can just zap the posts.

HarveyWallbangers
10-27-2008, 10:12 PM
Geez, if you really it's that bad he can just zap the posts.

No, that was when we were still on JSO and Mad couldn't just delete your account for you.
:D

Scott Campbell
10-27-2008, 10:19 PM

Good grief - are we still at DEFCON 4?

Scott Campbell
10-27-2008, 10:27 PM
Uhhhh, this might not be the right time to ask this. But am I banned from the Garbage Can? Or just de-activated?

Freak Out
10-27-2008, 10:40 PM
Uhhhh, this might not be the right time to ask this. But am I banned from the Garbage Can? Or just de-activated?

Until we get high def pictures of all your sister wives your done.

Scott Campbell
10-27-2008, 10:43 PM
I wonder what this means:

Sorry, but only users granted special access can read topics in this forum.

MadtownPacker
10-27-2008, 10:45 PM

Sorry, but only users granted special access can read topics in this forum.It sounds like you're finding out what it feels like to not have everything your way.

Scott Campbell
10-27-2008, 10:48 PM

Sorry, but only users granted special access can read topics in this forum.It sounds like you're finding out what it feels like to not have everything your way.

I see. How in the world will I ever find lesbian pics on the internet again. Damn.

Anyway, so were even?

MJZiggy
10-27-2008, 10:49 PM

It means that 14-year olds can't get into the GC.

Iron Mike
10-27-2008, 10:51 PM

It means that 14-year olds can't get into the GC.

14 year-olds chronologically or emotionally??? :oops:

Scott Campbell
10-27-2008, 10:52 PM
Jesus fucking Christ. By the reaction around here, you'd think there was dead babies lying everywhere. Mad's little sphincter puckered for a couple of minutes. Big fucking deal.

What are you gonna do - spank me?

MJZiggy
10-27-2008, 10:57 PM
Ummm...you asked a question. That's literally what that phrase is intended for. You have to be 18 to access the GC, and you have to be granted access by a mod. Therefore you get that message if you haven't been granted access.

Scott Campbell
10-27-2008, 11:00 PM
I see his point, I see what you're pissed about, but why not deal with it where it started?

Uhhh,......because 14 year olds can't get into the Garbage Can?

MJZiggy
10-27-2008, 11:04 PM
You could get in there when I wrote that but you were bound and determined to make yourself out to be an ass. It appears you may have succeeded.

Scott Campbell
10-27-2008, 11:10 PM
Hmmmm.

So is this one of those things that's not going to get funnier with time?

Scott Campbell
10-27-2008, 11:49 PM
You could get in there when I wrote that but you were bound and determined to make yourself out to be an ass. It appears you may have succeeded.

Lets get back on topic - shall we?

You remind me of Brett talking about Ted. :lol:

mraynrand
10-27-2008, 11:51 PM
Hmmmm.

I'm already laughing. Does that count?

Scott Campbell
10-27-2008, 11:54 PM
Hmmmm.

I'm already laughing. Does that count?

While appreciated, it probably ain't going to be funny unless the Madman says its funny.

MadtownPacker
10-28-2008, 12:01 AM
Look youre not banned. You are still posting. No one is telling you off. If you are expecting some type of apology or penance you are mistaken. There is a big game coming up against the Titans and thats all I really give a damn about.

mraynrand
10-28-2008, 12:04 AM
Look youre not banned. You are still posting. No one is telling you off. If you are expecting some type of apology or penance you are mistaken. There is a big game coming up against the Titans and thats all I really give a damn about.

That, and your promotion.

Partial
10-28-2008, 12:23 AM
This is just 5 pages of non-sense. WTF happened with that euro chimp anyway?

GrnBay007
10-28-2008, 08:21 AM

You should have been here instead of out boozin it up Partial. :P

mraynrand
10-28-2008, 08:24 AM

You're off by about a factor of 10, but I hear ya.

gex
10-28-2008, 08:28 AM

I see. How in the world will I ever find lesbian pics on the internet again. Damn.

Anyway, so were even?

So we can talk all the shit we want about Scott in the garbage can and he won't be able to read it. cool. :D

retailguy
10-28-2008, 01:06 PM
Man, you leave for a couple of days and the shit just falls apart. Good Lord.

I never knew how important I was to this place. Without me to bitch about you guys just don't know what to do, half of you have gone psycho, and the other half always were psycho...

Relax. I'm back. Let me find a skinbasket thread to dump in the can. Then, things will be back to normal. :shock:

mraynrand
10-28-2008, 01:39 PM

I saw him hanging around

http://www.product-reviews.net/wp-content/userimages/2007/07/chim-chim.jpg

SkinBasket
10-28-2008, 02:26 PM

All that really happened was that kooky euro ran off cursing us all to oblivion. He was rather rude about it. We should find him at whatever site he's hiding at at lynch him. Well, we could if anyone cared anyway, but judging from the complete lack of reaction his meltdown and exodus created it's not going to happen.

mmmdk
10-28-2008, 05:50 PM

I saw him hanging around

You couldn't climb a tree anyway or peel a banana for that matter.

A chimp could become president of the US; chimps sure have higher IQs than warmongol Bush. This one is for rednecks only.

Is my profile being erased or what? What the fvck does it take? Just do it and continue your grotesque online lives.

falco
10-28-2008, 05:52 PM
what is going on here lately?

we need mike what's his name to come in and post a thread putting everyone on notice

mmmdk
10-28-2008, 05:55 PM

All that really happened was that kooky euro ran off cursing us all to oblivion. He was rather rude about it. We should find him at whatever site he's hiding at at lynch him. Well, we could if anyone cared anyway, but judging from the complete lack of reaction his meltdown and exodus created it's not going to happen.

I didn't curse; called some people nuts and I believe my gut feeling. Oh, you couldn't afford a ticket to Europe anyway. Just trying to move on and out of PR - if being rude is what it takes...so be it.

Goodnight and hopefully goodbye. ERASE MY PROFILE, MAD!

falco
10-28-2008, 05:55 PM
if packer rats is a family, we need group therapy

falco
10-28-2008, 05:56 PM
i firmly believe, and have for some time, that half of the posters (most likely the illustrious characters like mad, harlan, bretsky, partial, harvey, rastak, scott, etc) are all one person and just creating this drama for our entertainment

sorry to anyone who i left out

Freak Out
10-28-2008, 06:03 PM

I didn't curse; called some people nuts and I believe my gut feeling. Oh, you couldn't afford a ticket to Europe anyway. Just trying to move on and out of PR - if being rude is what it takes...so be it.

Goodnight and hopefully goodbye. ERASE MY PROFILE, MAD!

Why do you keep coming back if it bothers you so much?

MOBB DEEP
10-28-2008, 06:03 PM
jets are tied with ravens for wildcard at 4-3

LET'S GOOOOO...!!!

Deputy Nutz
10-28-2008, 06:05 PM

I saw him hanging around

You couldn't climb a tree anyway or peel a banana for that matter.

A chimp could become president of the US; chimps sure have higher IQs than warmongol Bush. This one is for rednecks only.

Is my profile being erased or what? What the fvck does it take? Just do it and continue your grotesque online lives.

Hurry Mad, trash this fucker before he posts again, he just can't resist. Packerrats is like crack to this poor, poor retard.

MJZiggy
10-28-2008, 06:05 PM
Sorry to disillusion you, falco, but I've met a number of them and can honestly tell you that each is a unique (understatement) individual.

falco
10-28-2008, 06:09 PM
Sorry to disillusion you, falco, but I've met a number of them and can honestly tell you that each is a unique (understatement) individual.

that's because your one of them ziggy... you're just one of some poor crazy guy's multiple personalities, manifested as posters on a packer message board

MJZiggy
10-28-2008, 06:13 PM
Thanks for the laugh...

mraynrand
10-28-2008, 06:15 PM
if packer rats is a family, we need group therapy

This is a job for Dr. John Holmes, MD, Ph.D.!!!!