PDA

View Full Version : OFFICIAL BRETT THE LIVING LEGEND THREAD

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46

pbmax
07-14-2014, 04:30 PM
favre has done nothing since leaving to try and earn back any respect with the fans and people of green bay and wisconsin. no golf outings no charity events in the state, no team related activities no nothing.

on the there hand, he has tried his best to piss in the face of the packers and their fans by giving other teams our game plans and by plotting to go to one of our arch rivals to stick it to us

no doubt, what he did for the team when he was here was amazing, and yes, he is still probably my all time favorite packer (next to #66). but at his point, unless he swallows his pride and accepts that he acted like a giant douchebag and asks packer fans to forgive him...

then i have no problem waiting until he's dead and buried before we retire #4

i don't even care if there's a ceremony. just put #4 up there next to #92 one night in the middle of the night without any fanfare and call it good

last thing we need to do is stroke his or his families ego anymore then we already have

He did move in that direction in one of his last interviews. Acknowledging mistakes, etc.

But it would be better forgotten because he is not likely to offer an explanation that would satisfy those who might still be holding out. Move forward.

Just Jeff
07-15-2014, 05:33 AM
If one person is arguing with a group of people over and over, that person is either a misunderstood genius or an asshole. Your delusions and assumptions do not equal fact. You have a long history of assholism and for that you get a very very short leash.

I think I get it. There was another poster who dared to disagree with your precious point of view. You call him Tank. I don't know the poster. I wasn't a member here when this guy was. Check the IP addresses or some such mod/admin type thing. Not the same person. News flash. There are millions of people who think that TT was the bad guy in the divorce. That makes me, Tank and millions of others. Get over it.

BTW, I am also not Hitler, Obama or Cliven Bundy

Teamcheez1
07-15-2014, 08:29 AM
I think I get it. There was another poster who dared to disagree with your precious point of view. You call him Tank. I don't know the poster. I wasn't a member here when this guy was. Check the IP addresses or some such mod/admin type thing. Not the same person. News flash. There are millions of people who think that TT was the bad guy in the divorce. That makes me, Tank and millions of others. Get over it.

And those millions of people had to swallow their pride when the Packers won a Superbowl with Rodgers, which would have never happened with an aging Favre.

Zool
07-15-2014, 09:16 AM

Yup lots of people disagree with me and with Thompson. Only one however refers to him as a homosexual and that's you. News flash, being an asshole is not disagreeing or having a discussion. It's just being an asshole. That's also you.

KYPack
07-15-2014, 09:55 AM
Coldplay is the worst band I've ever heard in my life.

JustJeff
07-15-2014, 10:54 AM
It is "petty and ignorant" just because they do not feel about it the same way that you do? ReallY?

Hi Patler, I wanted to chime in and make sure you know that someone is using my avvy and an alteration of my screen name. It's not me.

JustJeff
07-15-2014, 10:59 AM
Yup lots of people disagree with me and with Thompson. Only one however refers to him as a homosexual and that's you. News flash, being an asshole is not disagreeing or having a discussion. It's just being an asshole. That's also you.

I am fairly certain that you're dealing with the poster whose been banned from several sites.

As I mentioned to Patler, he's using an alteration of my screen name and my avatar from www.PackersNews.net

Freak Out
07-15-2014, 12:02 PM
I am fairly certain that you're dealing with the poster whose been banned from several sites.

As I mentioned to Patler, he's using an alteration of my screen name and my avatar from www.PackersNews.net

I like the 2015 Draft War room. :)

Guiness
07-15-2014, 12:18 PM
If one person is arguing with a group of people over and over, that person is either a misunderstood genius or an asshole. Your delusions and assumptions do not equal fact. You have a long history of assholism and for that you get a very very short leash.

Well thought out, concise and to the point. Who are you and what have you done with Zool :sad:

Just kidding - thanks for putting the dufus in his place. Well, that would be assuming he will pay any attention at all, but I'm pretty sure he's found his stride and it's all just :trll: at this point. There seems to have been a bit of a personality change over the last little bit, or maybe it's just in this thread.

Notable of course was how he brought up mention of an IP address so quickly...

Patler
07-15-2014, 03:07 PM
Hi Patler, I wanted to chime in and make sure you know that someone is using my avvy and an alteration of my screen name. It's not me.

I have been wonder since your avatar and screen name appeared here a few weeks ago. The personality was different here than there. I haven't been at the other site much recently, and I've been meaning to drop you a note just to check. I think I have had some rational discussions with you there, not so much with the "new" JJ here!!!

Thanks for clarifying.

Just Jeff
07-15-2014, 03:33 PM

Well a google search of "ted thompson gay rumors" show how you're wrong about me being the only one, yet I didn't say that at all. i was saying that if its fair game to speculate on what Favre did or said and use it against him, then there are things out there that OTHERS have said about TT that are fair game as well. Again. I don't pretend to care about or believe that I will change your opinion about the nasty divorce and you won't change mine. And just as I'm not the only person that has uttered, repeated or been made aware of TT sexuality rumors, I am also not the only person that feels that more of the blame for the divorce is on Packer management. The biggest difference is that I don't feel that you're an asshole for being wrong about it.

Oh BTW, you thinking that it was Favre's fault and me thinking it was management's is in fact the very definition of disagreeing, asshole status notwithstanding.

JustJeff
07-15-2014, 03:56 PM
Well a google search of "ted thompson etc etc etc
Wow, Bus, just wow.

MadtownPacker
07-15-2014, 03:58 PM
Why you guys fucking with JustJeff? Just cuz he disagrees with you bitches? WTF is his skin dark that you treat him so?

MadtownPacker
07-15-2014, 04:00 PM
Hmm I'm tempted to think this is the real guy based on that sig.

pbmax
07-15-2014, 04:00 PM
Why you guys fucking with JustJeff? Just cuz he disagrees with you bitches? WTF is his skin dark that you treat him so?

All these posters are from your head, aren't they Mad?

pbmax
07-15-2014, 04:01 PM

Its the guy with space in his name we are having trouble understanding.

MadtownPacker
07-15-2014, 04:04 PM
All these posters are from your head, aren't they Mad?
I have wondered that myself sometimes.

Just Jeff
07-15-2014, 04:41 PM
OK, I'll fess up. I met tank at a Cabrito roast in Nuevo Vallarta. I hated our former QB and I had strong feelings for Ted. After drinking shots of tequila, in the colors of the Mexican flag, I lost track of almost 6 months time. When I can to my senses (albeit limited) Farve was on the Vikings and my predilections had changed. For that I am sorry. My sexual compass had been distorted too, and I placed fatheads of Favre in many inapropriate places. I can't explain my epiphany and during lucid moments, I can see my confusion and the fact that the Favre haters are correct and that I'm wrong. I travel to the same place in Mexico, each year, it the hopes of finding my way back from my delusional journey. But unlike Josh Baskin, I have not found my Zoltar and it pains me daily.

Guiness
07-15-2014, 05:54 PM

And the Sheriff rides into town! You da man!

woodbuck27
07-15-2014, 06:45 PM
OK, I'll fess up. I met tank at a Cabrito roast in Nuevo Vallarta. I hated our former QB and I had strong feelings for Ted. After drinking shots of tequila, in the colors of the Mexican flag, I lost track of almost 6 months time. When I can to my senses (albeit limited) Farve was on the Vikings and my predilections had changed. For that I am sorry. My sexual compass had been distorted too, and I placed fatheads of Favre in many inapropriate places. I can't explain my epiphany and during lucid moments, I can see my confusion and the fact that the Favre haters are correct and that I'm wrong. I travel to the same place in Mexico, each year, it the hopes of finding my way back from my delusional journey. But unlike Josh Baskin, I have not found my Zoltar and it pains me daily.

I'm trying to imagine a high grade tequila drink layered ..... Green and White and Red.

Barrtenderrr...Ahhhalll hab annnutherrrr.

KYPack
07-16-2014, 10:52 AM
Man, this one is confusing.

I can usually spot Tanky by his familiar stench, but my nostrils are a little clogged on this deal.

pbmax
07-16-2014, 11:23 AM

I can usually spot Tanky by his familiar stench, but my nostrils are a little clogged on this deal.

Just imagine if your name was Jeff.

MadtownPacker
07-16-2014, 01:09 PM

It's that or some bad cutter in your crank.

KYPack
07-16-2014, 02:16 PM
It's that or some bad cutter in your crank.

Baby laxative goes bad?

This one's got me faked out.

When they went Just Space Jeff, then Just no space Jeff, I was like Jarrett Bush on a double move.

Faked out.

Guiness
07-16-2014, 02:39 PM
Baby laxative goes bad?

When they went Just Space Jeff, then Just no space Jeff, I was like Jarrett Bush on a double move.

Faked out.

God forbid someone show up with a nick like Lowenbraü, you'd never be sure if you were reading my insightful posts, or the rantings of some drooling mouth breather.

I just realized something: this thread is why the Romper Room is dead!

pbmax
07-16-2014, 06:22 PM
I cannot THINK of a better episode to illustrator ALL the facets of Brett Favre's public persona (and his ability to distract you from one while focusing on the others) than this latest kerfuffle over letting your son play football. Don't get distracted by the media pissing contest, come back for that fun. The real gem is at the end.

First, Brett reiterates that he would not allow his son to play football (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/07/15/favre-would-hesitate-to-let-a-son-play-violent-sport-of-football/), a position he somewhat more tentatively revealed in November (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/11/17/favre-would-be-leery-of-letting-a-son-play-football/).

Florio thinks Favre isn't qualified (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/07/16/favre-others-without-sons-arent-in-position-to-say-what-theyd-let-sons-do/) to give an opinion because his kids are girls.

Deadspin points out the obvious (http://deadspin.com/brett-favre-unqualified-to-discuss-safety-of-football-1605994728), that perhaps being a parent and therefore being aware of incremental risks of childhood (biking, learning to drive, soccer, lightning) in addition to 20+ years actual experience playing football might just give Brett the bona fides that Florio believes he lacks. Yet this takedown doesn't even begin to touch upon the more delectable hypocrisy of Florio. He believes only parents of boys should weigh in on the matter because outsiders to the strange world of boys (like Favre) will only encourage helicopter moms to prevent sons from playing football. Of course, when Florio says only the boy's parents should weigh in, he is really talking about just Dad.

However, everyone reporting this as a Florio stupidity (and before it was Florio stupidity it was Michael David Smith stupidity (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/07/15/favre-would-hesitate-to-let-a-son-play-violent-sport-of-football/), oddly Florio had fewer qualms in his own take on the first November story (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/11/17/favre-would-be-leery-of-letting-a-son-play-football/)) is completely missing the point. Favre has indeed doubled down on the position that he would not allow his sons to play football because of the risks. But he is also endorsing a new drug from a pharma company that is trying to get FDA approval to conduct clinical trials of a new concussion treatment. That is how you have your cake and eat it too my friends.

http://www.wdam.com/story/26015727/brett-favre-endorses-new-concussion-drug?autostart=false

He is on the Sports Advisory Board for Prevacus, the maker of the drug seeking FDA approval. Whether he is compensated for that position isn't mentioned, but it would complete the circle of Favre mania.

gbgary
07-16-2014, 07:14 PM
who cares what he thinks about kids playing football. i wish people would stop asking him shit. as for coming back and getting the number retired...i think he could care less whether it happens or not. i think the Packers, and/or the nfl, are driving this bus.

Joemailman
07-16-2014, 07:22 PM
I do find it rather odd that Florio would say that a player who had at least one concussion, and who may be dealing with related symptoms, is not qualified to say whether he would let a son play football.

KYPack
07-17-2014, 08:59 AM
Good call!

It appears Favre is not "ready" so there'll be no retiring of his number this year. And that's fine - I ain't ready, either.

But wouldn't it be cool if Favre had a press conference next year, saying he was ready to have his number retired...then changed his mind at the beginning of training camp, then hinted he maybe wanted to have his number retired after all, then about the second game of the season..

I meant to comment on this one when it was posted. I'm not quite "there" on BLF yet, either.

But I'm a helluva a lot closer than I was in 09.

A lot of what Brett did was in keeping with his Huck Finn persona, but he still pulled some bad, petty bullshit.

That said you can't deny his greatness and accomplishments he made for the GBP.

I think the announcement of the jersey/number retirement was a political move in keeping with keeping Favre retired.

I say Ring of Honor, GBPHOF, & NFL HOF are enuff.

But I didn't think Reggie's number should have been retired, either.

There is a lifetime and forever Packer requirement for number retirement and I don't think big Reg or 4 met that criteria.

Rutnstrut
07-17-2014, 04:37 PM
I meant to comment on this one when it was posted. I'm not quite "there" on BLF yet, either.

A lot of what Brett did was in keeping with his Huck Finn persona, but he still pulled some bad, petty bullshit.

I think the announcement of the jersey/number retirement was a political move in keeping with keeping Favre retired.

There is a lifetime and forever Packer requirement for number retirement and I don't think big Reg or 4 met that criteria.

The thing is we know what Favre did, he never tried to hide it. We will never know all shit that TT and the Packer's pulled, and we never will. It's pretty damn easy to have a bad opinion of Brett when he's the only one that is telling most of the story, I'm sure there are things he leaves out. TT just doesn't have a good track record of being overly honest with fans, whether it be injuries, free agency, etc...

Fritz
07-17-2014, 06:22 PM

ya know, I feel the same way about Reggie White's # being retired. He was great and all, but came to the Pack on the downside if his career. Retiring a number should be for guys who came here young - either traded here early on or something - and stayed and stayed.

Brent was a great player, no doubt. But he wanted out....then in....then out. HOF and GBPHOF should be enough.

pbmax
07-17-2014, 09:13 PM
The thing is we know what Favre did, he never tried to hide it.

I know what you are trying to say and there may be some truth to it. But I kinda doubt Favre thought we would all know he wasn't really retired after years of speculation. That's not exactly forthright.

Scott Campbell
07-18-2014, 09:46 AM
Let's take a moment to reexamine the mountains of evidence that Ted is in fact gay.

1) He signed Arturo Freeman.

Have I missed anything?

Pugger
07-18-2014, 10:42 AM
What difference does it make what his person life is?? As long as he does his job and accumulates talent I don't give a damn if he is straight or gay.

Patler
07-18-2014, 11:51 AM
TT just doesn't have a good track record of being overly honest with fans, whether it be injuries, free agency, etc...

Do you really mean "honest" as in truthful, or do you mean "revealing" or "informative".
Unlike with Wolf, I have never caught TT being dishonest. But also unlike Wolf, who seemed to enjoy giving long narratives to the media, both truthful and not; TT simply provides very little information.

Rutnstrut
07-18-2014, 11:18 PM
Do you really mean "honest" as in truthful, or do you mean "revealing" or "informative".
Unlike with Wolf, I have never caught TT being dishonest. But also unlike Wolf, who seemed to enjoy giving long narratives to the media, both truthful and not; TT simply provides very little information.

Yes that is a lot better way of putting it than I did, thank you. Sometimes to me it seems that by being such a cold fish, TT is hiding things.

Kiwon
07-19-2014, 08:09 AM
Too funny......

Favre's on the board of directors for the Sports App named "Sqor" and pronounced "Score."

He says, "Social media can be helpful and it can be hurtful. You have to be careful what you say, but it is a good way to get your message out right way."

Yeah, when you're looking to "score" I guess sending out pics of your schlong to a hot chick gets the message out loud and clear!

http://www.usatoday.com/story/tech/2014/07/18/brett-favre-sqor-sports-app-social-media/12646919/

pbmax
07-21-2014, 01:40 PM
Ladies and Gentleman, Mark Murphy gets pantsed again.

Jason Wilde ‏@jasonjwilde 19m
On July 10, #Packers Mark Murphy said of Favre's concerns about being booed, "That is an issue. He doesn’t want it, and neither do we.”

Jason Wilde ‏@jasonjwilde 18m
Also on July 10, Murphy said of Favre's No. 4 retirement, "I don’t anticipate having him retire a number this season, in a game this year,”

Jason Wilde ‏@jasonjwilde 16m
OK, then. Brett Favre tells @CarmenDeFalco and @Jurko64 on @ESPN1000 that he's NOT worried about being booed at @LambeauField.

Jason Wilde ‏@jasonjwilde 9m
Favre also tells @CarmenDeFalco and @Jurko64 that ex-#Packers prez Bob Harlan "spearheading the Packers Hall of Fame and jersey retirement."

MadtownPacker
07-21-2014, 02:58 PM
What difference does it make what his person life is?? As long as he does his job and accumulates talent I don't give a damn if he is straight or gay.
Exactly!! Shit if anything you want a GM who knows how to find good men for the job. Maybe the next GM should be a lady?

Guiness
07-21-2014, 03:28 PM
Ladies and Gentleman, Mark Murphy gets pantsed again.

Jason Wilde ‏@jasonjwilde 19m
On July 10, #Packers Mark Murphy said of Favre's concerns about being booed, "That is an issue. He doesn’t want it, and neither do we.”

Jason Wilde ‏@jasonjwilde 18m
Also on July 10, Murphy said of Favre's No. 4 retirement, "I don’t anticipate having him retire a number this season, in a game this year,”

Jason Wilde ‏@jasonjwilde 16m
OK, then. Brett Favre tells @CarmenDeFalco and @Jurko64 on @ESPN1000 that he's NOT worried about being booed at @LambeauField.

Jason Wilde ‏@jasonjwilde 9m
Favre also tells @CarmenDeFalco and @Jurko64 that ex-#Packers prez Bob Harlan "spearheading the Packers Hall of Fame and jersey retirement."

the hell?

Don't know if anyone would take that seriously, especially given the source. Does Harlan even have an official capacity with the team?

pbmax
07-21-2014, 03:32 PM
the hell?

Don't know if anyone would take that seriously, especially given the source. Does Harlan even have an official capacity with the team?

I am not sure. But if he didn't, he might make an excellent go between. So I don't think its far-fetched that Harlan is involved in some way.

However, the Packers need to cotton on to the fact that while they may want Brett back in the fold, he seems happy thumbing his nose at them.

Time for the lines of communication to remain open, but unused, by the Packers. When he needs the infusion of cash, he'll be back.

pbmax
07-21-2014, 04:56 PM
"I do believe time heals wounds in a lot of ways," Favre said Monday in his radio interview. "I'm fine with coming back. I know it's going to be a great ceremony when we are going to do it. It's just a matter of when. From my end, everything’s good."

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/132025/times-right-to-bring-back-favre-to-lambeau

Demo believes in that branch of religion where pushing a string is an effective tactic.

Guiness
07-21-2014, 05:18 PM
I am not sure. But if he didn't, he might make an excellent go between. So I don't think its far-fetched that Harlan is involved in some way.

However, the Packers need to cotton on to the fact that while they may want Brett back in the fold, he seems happy thumbing his nose at them.

Time for the lines of communication to remain open, but unused, by the Packers. When he needs the infusion of cash, he'll be back.

Ya, hard to tell if he has been asked to do something, or if he's behaving a bit like Wolf, can't stop sticking his nose in after he's left the building.

Favre's comment that he's NOT worried about being booed @LambeauField can be taken two ways. One, that he doesn't care if he is (I don't think I believe that) or two, he doesn't think that the anyone would ever, in a million years, boo him in Lambeau. Vegas might have shorter odds than that.

Joemailman
07-21-2014, 05:42 PM
Ya, hard to tell if he has been asked to do something, or if he's behaving a bit like Wolf, can't stop sticking his nose in after he's left the building.

Favre's comment that he's NOT worried about being booed @LambeauField can be taken two ways. One, that he doesn't care if he is (I don't think I believe that) or two, he doesn't think that the anyone would ever, in a million years, boo him in Lambeau. Vegas might have shorter odds than that.

Considering the reception he got the last 2 times he appeared at Lambeau, it's hard to imagine he thinks that.

pbmax
07-21-2014, 07:06 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/07/21/favre-denies-hes-worried-about-getting-booed-at-lambeau-field/

“I have played with other teams, but I will be remembered as a Packer,” Favre said. “I feel that. I think the true Packer backers, which there are tons out there, feel the same way. I’m not the first player to play for other teams or rivals. . . . As time goes by, that’s how I will be remembered, as a Packer, and that’s how I want to be remembered.”

If only he had started and ended with that sentiment

RashanGary
07-21-2014, 08:29 PM
I remember him as a packer, honestly. One of the best. It's over.

Pugger
07-22-2014, 06:12 AM
Exactly!! Shit if anything you want a GM who knows how to find good men for the job. Maybe the next GM should be a lady?

Maybe I should apply... :wink:

Pugger
07-22-2014, 06:15 AM
the hell?

Harlan is a Director Emeritus presently but I don't know what that entails.

Patler
07-22-2014, 07:30 AM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/07/21/favre-denies-hes-worried-about-getting-booed-at-lambeau-field/

“I have played with other teams, but I will be remembered as a Packer,” Favre said. “I feel that. I think the true Packer backers, which there are tons out there, feel the same way. I’m not the first player to play for other teams or rivals. . . . As time goes by, that’s how I will be remembered, as a Packer, and that’s how I want to be remembered.”

If only he had started and ended with that sentiment

Then, he needs to start acting like he is a Packer. He still lets contention come through. "True Packer backers"? So, while he clearly has taken years to start getting over his animosity toward the organization, any fan who holds any toward him is not a true Packer backer??? That's a bit egocentric.

He would be better served to acknowledge that many die hard Packer fans may have mixed feelings toward him, and say that he hopes they can come to accept the last years of his career and remember the many exciting times there were with him in GB.

Then, he needs to start acing like a Packer again, show up at some things, and talk like a former Packer all-in with the organization.

pbmax
07-22-2014, 07:40 AM
Then, he needs to start acing like a Packer again, show up at some things, and talk like a former Packer all-in with the organization.

Actually, that quote reminds me of the Rodgers quote in SI that could have buried him had Favre not grabbed the headlines in '08. Something like "true fans will accept me and the rest can jump off the bandwagon" or something similar.

I agree with the rest. Despite the headline this interview produced CBS has "Favre unworried about Pack fans booing return", and no matter what kind of magic wand Demovsky thinks the Packers possess, he is clearly dithering with the team and fans.

Patler
07-22-2014, 07:50 AM
Actually, that quote reminds me of the Rodgers quote in SI that could have buried him had Favre not grabbed the headlines in '08. Something like "true fans will accept me and the rest can jump off the bandwagon" or something similar.

Ya, that was one of the truly dumb things that Rodgers has said. He was quite careful and guarded during that time, but clearly screwed up when he said that. I think he tried to explain it later, didn't he? Those never go over well either.

pbmax
07-22-2014, 08:09 AM
Ya, that was one of the truly dumb things that Rodgers has said. He was quite careful and guarded during that time, but clearly screwed up when he said that. I think he tried to explain it later, didn't he? Those never go over well either.

His explanation, at least the way I recall it, was nearly as bad as the original statement. :)

You don't get to where he was (or Favre did) without a huge chip on your shoulder. I am stunned at how good today's player's are at controlling it. Only baseball, which is inventing new unwritten rules as we speak (no bunting with 2-out in 5th with 2 run lead) seems left behind.

Pugger
07-22-2014, 08:16 AM

I agree with the rest. Despite the headline this interview produced CBS has "Favre unworried about Pack fans booing return", and no matter what kind of magic wand Demovsky thinks the Packers possess, he is clearly dithering with the team and fans.

With the way some 'fans' were treating Rodgers like all of this was somehow his fault I don't blame him for speaking like that. He held his tongue pretty well most of the time during The Divorce.

pbmax
07-22-2014, 08:23 AM
With the way some 'fans' were treating Rodgers like all of this was somehow his fault I don't blame him for speaking like that. He held his tongue pretty well most of the time during The Divorce.

We don't know what kind of resistance he encountered between the Favre retirement and camp, but he did get quoted BEFORE Brett hit the fan late in the Summer. So the training camp ugliness hadn't happened yet.

But he did do a good overall job of holding his tongue. It also may have helped to play well most of the time and go 8-8. Not a tire fire, but a lot of room for improvement.

Pugger
07-22-2014, 08:26 AM
I recall hearing Aaron got death threats and some of the stuff fans and their kids were calling him during the 2008 TC were shameful.

QBME
07-23-2014, 08:53 AM
Considering the reception he got the last 2 times he appeared at Lambeau, it's hard to imagine he thinks that.

The fine folks over at Pro Football Mock weigh in - http://profootballmock.com/report-packers-reluctant-retire-brett-favres-number-fear-hell-unretire-demand-starting-job-back-ceremony/

Rutnstrut
07-24-2014, 12:01 PM
The fine folks over at Pro Football Mock weigh in - http://profootballmock.com/report-packers-reluctant-retire-brett-favres-number-fear-hell-unretire-demand-starting-job-back-ceremony/

That wasn't even a little funny, I hope they don't pay their "writers" well.

Joemailman
07-24-2014, 12:05 PM
Those guys sure ain't The Onion.

pbmax
07-24-2014, 01:51 PM
Going to get the boos out of the way:

Jason Wilde ‏@jasonjwilde 24m
Murphy on Favre: "We are talking about bringing him back for a game this year." Not to retire No. 4, just to return to @LambeauField.

Cheesehead Craig
07-24-2014, 03:02 PM
Going to get the boos out of the way:

Jason Wilde ‏@jasonjwilde 24m
Murphy on Favre: "We are talking about bringing him back for a game this year." Not to retire No. 4, just to return to @LambeauField.

BOOOOOO!!!! PB YOU SUUUUUUUUCK!!!!!

pbmax
07-24-2014, 03:43 PM
BOOOOOO!!!! PB YOU SUUUUUUUUCK!!!!!

I'm taking my talents to Eden Prairie!

Or maybe PURPLE PRIDE DOT ORG!!

MadtownPacker
07-24-2014, 05:49 PM
Where do we send your locker?

pbmax
07-24-2014, 09:10 PM
Where do we send your locker?

If I am a Viking poster, then I assume I have a cabin somewhere near Upper Red Lake.

pbmax
07-24-2014, 10:00 PM
Jason Wilde ‏@jasonjwilde 5m
Had a season-ticketholder send me a pic of #Packers-#Eagles game ticket. Says "Third Jersey Game" on it. Did I miss the announcement?

Maybe they are retiring all of Brett's jerseys except the Vikes one.

ThunderDan
07-25-2014, 08:16 AM
Jason Wilde ‏@jasonjwilde 5m
Had a season-ticketholder send me a pic of #Packers-#Eagles game ticket. Says "Third Jersey Game" on it. Did I miss the announcement?

Maybe they are retiring all of Brett's jerseys except the Vikes one.

Now you have peaked my curiosity. We received our tickets in the mail on Wednesday but I haven't opened the package yet.

I am guessing it means the blue jerseys with the yellow dots.

Striker
07-25-2014, 10:03 AM
Baby laxative goes bad?

Faked out.

I think the only thing that can be confirmed is that the guy is an ass. Though something doesn't smell quite right.

Striker
07-25-2014, 10:06 AM
Now you have peaked my curiosity. We received our tickets in the mail on Wednesday but I haven't opened the package yet.

I am guessing it means the blue jerseys with the yellow dots.

I think your guess is right. Throwback makes the most sense.

Fritz
07-26-2014, 07:52 AM
Those were just kinda weird jerseys, although oddly I kinda like the brownish helmets.

But really, who the hell thought "oh, yeah, GREEN Bay Packers....that calls for blue jerseys!"

Or was that when they were the Acme Packers?

Guiness
07-26-2014, 12:43 PM
Those were just kinda weird jerseys, although oddly I kinda like the brownish helmets.

But really, who the hell thought "oh, yeah, GREEN Bay Packers....that calls for blue jerseys!"

Or was that when they were the Acme Packers?

yes, it's intended to mimic the jersey from the Acme Packers days, 1929 championship team to be exact.
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y260/fritschcards/jnew/29packers.jpg

KYPack
07-26-2014, 01:44 PM
The Lambeau Packers wore blue jerseys (mostly) in tribute to Notre Dame's colors where Curly went to college (briefly).

Acme only sponsored the Packers for 1920 season.

That picture inspires an old trivia question.

Who is the only man to be enshrined in the Baseball and NFL Hall of Fame?

pbmax
07-26-2014, 04:03 PM
Dilweg played a long time.

KYPack
07-26-2014, 09:17 PM
Dilweg played a long time.

Nope.

pbmax
07-26-2014, 09:21 PM
Well, between the 1929 picture and Pro Football Reference saying Anthony Hume Dilweg retired in 1990, he played 61 years, no? :lol:

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/D/DilwAn00.htm

Willard
08-03-2014, 07:25 PM
Packers and Packers Hall of Fame making a joint announcement regarding BRETT FAVRE tomorrow afternoon!

http://blog.packers.com/2014/08/03/brett-favre-subject-of-monday-announcement/

pbmax
08-03-2014, 07:50 PM
Good move. When you buy your ticket it has "No Booing" as an expectation to your continued use of the ticket.

pbmax
08-03-2014, 08:25 PM
Pete Dougherty ‏@PeteDougherty 18m
Source says #Packers announcement tomorrow is Favre going into #Packers Hall of Fame tomorrow

Short notice if not a grammatical typo.

Joemailman
08-03-2014, 08:53 PM
http://blog.packers.com/2014/08/03/brett-favre-subject-of-monday-announcement/

Brett Favre subject of Monday announcement
Posted by packers.com on August 3, 2014 – 7:07 pm

The Packers and Green Bay Packers Hall of Fame Inc. issued a media advisory at 7 p.m. on Sunday, relating to a joint announcement regarding former Packers quarterback Brett Favre: “The Green Bay Packers Hall of Fame Inc. and the Green Bay Packers will make a joint announcement regarding former quarterback Brett Favre Monday, Aug. 4, at 1:30 p.m., in the new Hall of Fame under construction in the Lambeau Field Atrium.”
Packers.com will staff the event and provide a bulletin story when the announcement is made, followed later by a complete version of the press conference’s events. The event will also be streamed live on Packers.com.

Cheesehead Craig
08-04-2014, 07:53 AM
Good deal. I think it's good timing for the whole thing. It's been long enough so most of the bitter feelings out there have subsided quite a bit. Should be a great day.

pbmax
08-04-2014, 08:07 AM
Brett's statement today on the upcoming announcement:

Brett Favre confirms Packers Hall induction, jersey retirement
By Tyler Dunne of the Journal Sentinel Aug. 4, 2014 7:46 a.m.

Green Bay --- The Packers and Brett Favre will soon be together. As reported last night, he'll be inducted into the team's Hall of Fame in 2015 and also have his jersey number retired.

The quarterback confirmed this much on his website with the following note...

I'm pleased to announce that I will be returning to Green Bay, Wisconsin in 2015 for induction into the Green Bay Packers Hall of Fame and retirement of my jersey.

It was a tremendous honor to play 16 years for the Green Bay Packers. Now to have my name placed among others such as Starr, Hornung, Kramer, Taylor, Lambeau, Nitschke, Lombardi, Davis, White and Hutson is a special honor that I share with all of my teammates and coaches, and that would not have been possible but for the foresight of Ron Wolf, the greatest GM In the history of the NFL.

I'm truly looking forward to celebrating and sharing this special moment with all of the great fans of the Green Bay Packers.

Go Packers!

Brett

Zing. http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/269812811.html?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed

Guiness
08-04-2014, 08:08 AM
From ESPN

The announcement will be that Favre will be inducted into the team's Hall of Fame in the summer of 2015 and the uniform No. 4 that he wore for the Packers from 1992-2008 will be retired, according to a statement on Favre's website. It was not immediately clear when exactly the number retirement ceremony will take place.

NFL network was saying last night that the Packers hand is being forced by the fact that he should be in the Packers HOF before being inducted into the NFLs. :huh:
Sure, I guess.

denverYooper
08-04-2014, 08:40 AM
Good. Now won't be so awkward when he shows up at the Superbowl to pull for the Packers.

Pugger
08-04-2014, 09:17 AM
From ESPN

NFL network was saying last night that the Packers hand is being forced by the fact that he should be in the Packers HOF before being inducted into the NFLs. :huh:
Sure, I guess.

Bull.

pbmax
08-04-2014, 09:36 AM
Bull.

Well, that is the box Murphy painted himself into early in this process.

Pugger
08-04-2014, 02:17 PM
Well, that is the box Murphy painted himself into early in this process.

I don't believe for one second that anyone's hand was being forced to do anything. Murphy probably wanted to do it before his HOF induction so if that is forcing his hand so be it.

Did any of you watch the press conference today on WBAY and notice who was standing in the back of the room all smiles?

Scott Campbell
08-04-2014, 04:11 PM
yes, it's intended to mimic the jersey from the Acme Packers days, 1929 championship team to be exact.
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y260/fritschcards/jnew/29packers.jpg

Legend has it that Woody tried to photobomb this picture, but security hauled him off a few minutes before the shot was taken.

call_me_ishmael
08-05-2014, 10:38 AM
The return of Scott Cambell. Look at this guy.

Infamous
09-05-2014, 06:34 AM
When exactly will his number be retired??

Iron Mike
09-05-2014, 06:44 AM
The return of Scott Cambell. Look at this guy.

Just as long as it's not the same Scott Campbell that posts in "NFC North Trash Talk" on Facebook. That guy's a TOTAL @$$h0!e....

Joemailman
09-10-2014, 07:00 PM
Who will he cheer for Sunday?

http://sports-kings.com/downanddistance/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/071122-brett-favre-throws.jpghttp://espn.go.com/photo/2008/0819/nfl_u_jet_favre_580.jpg

Infamous
10-11-2014, 06:38 AM
HAPPY BELATED LORD FAVRE!

Father, Son, Holy Spirit, Brett Favre

Infamous
10-19-2014, 07:40 AM
Lord Favre live on NFL Gameday Morning 9 est

A lot of talk about him right now on NFL Gameday First right now; exclusive footage of his home lol

Im actually a little shocked Deanna hasn't told Brett to get a job in the media; sure she needs her space by now

Guiness
10-19-2014, 10:42 AM
With all the suspension/commissioners special list stuff going on, I wonder what they'd do with Brett and his crock shots if it was happening now??? lol

KYPack
10-19-2014, 11:09 AM
Mobb (infamous), you started this thread, maybe we should let you end it.

Nobody answered my trivia question.

The only man in the Pro football Hall of Fame and the Baseball HOF is Packer tackle Cal Hubbard (in baseball as an umpire).

pbmax
10-21-2014, 09:19 AM
C'mon Brett. Bart needs to rest. Just bring Dickey, Majikowski and Tomczak.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/11738030/brett-favre-says-return-green-bay-packers-hold-due-bart-starr-health

Patler
10-21-2014, 10:12 AM

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/11738030/brett-favre-says-return-green-bay-packers-hold-due-bart-starr-health

Favre is worried about the type of reception he will receive. Having Starr come onto the field with him would almost guarantee a warm reception. Fans will not boo with Starr there. No one else will have the same impact on the event as Starr would.

pbmax
10-21-2014, 10:17 AM
Favre is worried about the type of reception he will receive. Having Starr come onto the field with him would almost guarantee a warm reception. Fans will not boo with Starr there. No one else will have the same impact on the event as Starr would.

Oh I agree. But Bart being the crux of the plan is exactly why they need a Plan B. Not my goofy one, but something that shows support to other WI groups, causes or people. He should have shown up for the softball game last summer, or the Badger Final Four run, or maybe the LSU game. MACC fund event, Make a Wish, something.

Just need to tilt the coverage in the other direction rather than focus on a big return.

Patler
10-21-2014, 10:22 AM
Oh I agree. But Bart being the crux of the plan is exactly why they need a Plan B. Not my goofy one, but something that shows support to other WI groups, causes or people. He should have shown up for the softball game last summer, or the Badger Final Four run, or maybe the LSU game. MACC fund event, Make a Wish, something.

Just need to tilt the coverage in the other direction rather than focus on a big return.

Yup. I've said the same thing for a year or more. Reintroduce himself slowly back to WI. But, he has always been a bit of a drama queen. An "event" that is about him is more in his nature.

One thing he was always first rate about was the Make A wish program. It was said that he entertained a child at practice almost every week during the season for years. Favre apearing with some of those kids would provide the buffer he seems to demand.

Pugger
10-21-2014, 12:37 PM
I really like that Favre wants to wait until Bart is better. Evidently it was Brett's idea to have both of them as honorary captains for that game. I suppose there will be boos when he returns to GB but I'm gonna wager there'll be more cheers. It will be wonderful to see 3 of the best QBs in Packer history on the field at the same time!

gbgary
10-21-2014, 01:40 PM
he just needs to show up and take his medicine...or not.

Harlan Huckleby
10-22-2014, 10:04 AM
dp

Harlan Huckleby
10-22-2014, 10:08 AM
he just needs to show up and take his medicine...or not.

Why does he need to do that? Do you go to family reunions of your ex-girlfriends?

Fuck "the medicine", he owes zero to fans in Wisconsin. (Maybe you are agreeing with me with your "or not" )

I have mixed feelings about Favre. I wish he would have just left and found success elsewhere.

Harlan Huckleby
10-22-2014, 10:13 AM

I think Dickey deserves to be on stage with the Big Three. Dickey was a great QB who kept football interesting in GB for 9 years (I had to check, 76-85 ) I know his stats aren't great and he wasn't part of playoffs.

I don't blame Favre for not wanting to get booed. It's one thing to get booed as an athlete, but to get booed on a social call to the old haunt is different. I'd stay away from people who would boo me.

ThunderDan
10-22-2014, 11:18 AM
PacoPete I have a question for you.

If you could have had Favre for 1-2 years (however many he would have played) but then Rodgers would have signed elsewhere and we'd be starting from sratch with either Flynn, Brohm, a draft pick, or FA would you have done that?

Bossman nailed it almost 6 years ago today in this thread. On 10/24/2008 he asked PacoPete the above question.

Zool
10-22-2014, 11:24 AM
Bossman nailed it almost 6 years ago today in this thread. On 10/24/2008 he asked PacoPete the above question.

Only problem is trying to apply logic to illogical people. Thanks Ted?

Fritz
10-22-2014, 04:34 PM
I think Dickey deserves to be on stage with the Big Three. Dickey was a great QB who kept football interesting in GB for 9 years (I had to check, 76-85 ) I know his stats aren't great and he wasn't part of playoffs.

I don't blame Favre for not wanting to get booed. It's one thing to get booed as an athlete, but to get booed on a social call to the old haunt is different. I'd stay away from people who would boo me.

Perhaps he could hold a Make-A-Wish kid out in front of him with one hand and help push Bart's wheelchair with the other, whilst the big screen plays testimonials from Mother Theresa (she was a big fan, back in the day) and Billy Graham.

That ought to cover the bases.

Scott Campbell
10-22-2014, 05:05 PM
This retirement ceremony reminds me of a wedding where the bride is 8 and a half months pregnant. Everybody just wants to get it over with.

Harlan Huckleby
10-22-2014, 05:12 PM
Perhaps he could hold a Make-A-Wish kid out in front of him with one hand and help push Bart's wheelchair with the other, whilst the big screen plays testimonials from Mother Theresa (she was a big fan, back in the day) and Billy Graham.

That ought to cover the bases.

The other way to go would be to show-up in a Vikings jersey. Then the boos are a badge of honor.

I would respect such a gag till the end of time, if not longer.

I'm not getting any seconds for my nominating ode to Lynn Dickey.:cry:

George Cumby
10-22-2014, 07:46 PM
Who is this Brent Faver person?

pbmax
10-22-2014, 08:20 PM
This retirement ceremony reminds me of a wedding where the bride is 8 and a half months pregnant. Everybody just wants to get it over with.

Speaking from experience?

pbmax
10-22-2014, 08:21 PM
The other way to go would be to show-up in a Vikings jersey. Then the boos are a badge of honor.

I would respect such a gag till the end of time, if not longer.

I'm not getting any seconds for my nominating ode to Lynn Dickey.:cry:

If not Bart, Dickey by himself might not be enough. Maybe the Bikini Girls can help out.

Harlan Huckleby
10-22-2014, 09:10 PM
Packers Greatest QBs
1 Brett Favre
2 Arnie Herber
3 Aaron Rodgers
4 Bart Starr
5 Tobin Rote
6 Lynn Dickey
7 Don Majkowski
8 T.J. Rubley

pbmax
10-22-2014, 09:28 PM
Is John Hadl still around? No one will notice Brett if he shows up.

Harlan Huckleby
10-23-2014, 01:13 AM
Is John Hadl still around? No one will notice Brett if he shows up.
I can't count guys like John Hadl and Jim McMahon as Packers.

I wonder how far behind the Herschel Walker trade the Hadl heist ranks in NFL blunders.

Seriously, I think Bart Starr, Brett Favre, Aaron Rodgers and Lynn Dickey should be honored together. I know that Dickey is the Ringo of this Beatles reunion, but he was truly the shining star for the franchise for an era.

Dickey was the toughest QB I've ever seen, and a hell of a pure passer.

Maxie the Taxi
10-23-2014, 07:55 AM
Packers Greatest QBs
1 Brett Favre
2 Arnie Herber
3 Aaron Rodgers
4 Bart Starr
5 Tobin Rote
6 Lynn Dickey
7 Don Majkowski
8 T.J. Rubley

Putting Arnie Herber up there and not mentioning Cecil Isbell is a damn shame. Isbell was a pure passer who could run like the wind. And tough? The guy played with a chain running from his arm to his belt to keep his shoulder from popping out of place. And he played both ways with it. He got tackled every play but set passing records that were only broken by guys playing in the modern era.

I'll post a writeup in the Legends thread for all you whipper snappers with short memories. :-)

Maxie the Taxi
10-23-2014, 08:58 AM
Vince already posted on Isbell in the Legends thread here: http://packerrats.com/showthread.php?20377-OFFICIAL-PACKERS-LEGENDS-THREAD&p=533076&viewfull=1#post533076

Here's a video of both Isbell and Herber in action:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aNiPY-hbPvQ

[CHECK OUT THE AFTER-TOUCHDOWN HANDSHAKE IN THE ENDZONE. I've seen Packers' WR's shake hands like that in games this year. Could the handshake be our guys' nod to old timers like Isbell, Laws and Hutson? AND HOW ABOUT THOSE GOAL POSTS!]

And here are some pictures:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YxlXfN-qPKE

And a really good article comparing Isbell with his more famous counterparts, Sid Luckman and Sammy Baugh: http://www.profootballresearchers.org/Coffin_Corner/27-06-1104.pdf

Isbell joined the Packers after leading the College All Stars to a 28-16 victory over Sammy Baugh’s Redskins in 1938. The Packers already had an All-League tailback in Arnie Herber, but Isbell was so talented that the two generally would alternate for Cecil’s first three years in the league. Sometimes both would play at the same time and occasionally even would throw passes to each other. Slow-footed Herber caught two touchdown passes from Cecil in 1938.

So does Cecil Isbell belong in the Hall of Fame? No, his career was too short. The above numbers indicate, though, that Curly Lambeau was not off-base when he said that Isbell was the best passer he ever saw. Isbell was the master at any range. He could throw soft passes, bullet passes, or feathery lobs. He was the best with Sid Luckman of the Bears a close second and Sammy Baugh of the Redskins a long third. Luckman wasn’t as versatile and Baugh coudn’t compare on the long ones.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/a/ad/Cecil_Isbell.jpg/200px-Cecil_Isbell.jpg

denverYooper
10-23-2014, 09:50 AM
The DBs when Woodson was around used to do the handshake too. They used to call it the business handshake or something similar.

Harlan Huckleby
10-23-2014, 09:56 AM

They shared the QB position for three years. Herber played much longer and was voted to the NFL's "All 1930s" team, so I figured he must be the real legend. But I see now that Isbell was special too. Herber should have retired, then threatened to play for the Duluth Eskimos if Curly didn't let him return and play ahead of Isbell.

Hmmm, Isbell pushes TJ Rubley off of the Big Eight list, tis a shame. There's something wrong with a list that has Bart Starr as only the 4th best QB in Packer history.

Maxie the Taxi
10-23-2014, 10:38 AM
There's something wrong with a list that has Bart Starr as only the 4th best QB in Packer history.

Especially since there's been a sportswriter or two that have called Starr the best QB in NFL history.

3irty1
10-23-2014, 11:04 AM
Packers Greatest QBs
1 Brett Favre
2 Arnie Herber
3 Aaron Rodgers
4 Bart Starr
5 Tobin Rote
6 Lynn Dickey
7 Don Majkowski
8 T.J. Rubley

This is a terrible ranking

Harlan Huckleby
10-23-2014, 11:20 AM
dp

Harlan Huckleby
10-23-2014, 11:26 AM
Especially since there's been a sportswriter or two that have called Starr the best QB in NFL history.

I don't know, he played with such talent in an era when teams could amass a dominant roster. What is your list?

I put Favre at top of list because of his combo of physical talent and accomplishments.

Sounds like Herber is only guy who was clearly dominant at QB position in his era, so he had to be up there.

Rodgers ahead of Starr is speculation.

Fritz
10-23-2014, 12:34 PM
Vince already posted on Isbell in the Legends thread here: http://packerrats.com/showthread.php?20377-OFFICIAL-PACKERS-LEGENDS-THREAD&p=533076&viewfull=1#post533076

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aNiPY-hbPvQ

[CHECK OUT THE AFTER-TOUCHDOWN HANDSHAKE IN THE ENDZONE. I've seen Packers' WR's shake hands like that in games this year. Could the handshake be our guys' nod to old timers like Isbell, Laws and Hutson? AND HOW ABOUT THOSE GOAL POSTS!]

And here are some pictures:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YxlXfN-qPKE

And a really good article comparing Isbell with his more famous counterparts, Sid Luckman and Sammy Baugh: http://www.profootballresearchers.org/Coffin_Corner/27-06-1104.pdf

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/a/ad/Cecil_Isbell.jpg/200px-Cecil_Isbell.jpg

What's with all the throwing off the back foot? And why are milk men acting as referees?

As for the list...CHFF did a list a couple years ago, I think, and Bart Starr (based on their formula) was the greatest NFL quarterback...in all NFL history. Not just for the Packers. So, for me, watching Starr as I grew up (admittedly toward the end of his career), here is my list:

1. Bart Starr
2. Aaron Rodgers
3. Brent Favre
4. Cecil Isbell (just because I saw Maxie's video)
5. Lynn Dickey

Maxie the Taxi
10-23-2014, 01:01 PM
I don't know, he played with such talent in an era when teams could amass a dominant roster. What is your list?

I put Favre at top of list because of his combo of physical talent and accomplishments.

Sounds like Herber is only guy who was clearly dominant at QB position in his era, so he had to be up there.

Rodgers ahead of Starr is speculation.

Comparing old guys to modern guys is good conversation, but there's really no meaningful metric to do it. The game and the players have changed too much. Was Jerry Rice better than Don Hutson? Dan Marino better than Cecil Isbell? It's like comparing a modern day Ferrari to a Duesenberg.

In their day Herber and Isbell were elite talents. Lambeau called Herber the best long passer ever and he called Isbell the best passer of the two. Go figure. Isbell was an outstanding runner; Herber was a dud. Herber was the better punter. A good part of their fame was the fact that they were pioneers of an evolving game. Hutson too.

Of the modern guys on your list, I'd rank them:

1 Bart Starr
2 Aaron Rodgers
3 Brett Favre
4 Lynn Dickey
5 Tobin Rote
5 Don Majkowski

I put Starr on top simply because he was far and away the best field general in football in an era when the QB called his own plays. Sure, he was surrounded by talent, but so was Favre and Dickey (at least on offense). Plus, Starr took care of the ball like Rodgers does, which I highly value. Starr was irritating to watch they way he took sacks, but he also stood in there and took the hits. Very brave man.

Rodgers? What can I say that we don't all know. He is like Bart Starr on steroids.

Favre? I've often said he's the most exciting player I've ever seen, but not the best QB. I've seen him throw too many times into triple coverage when the game was on the line. When he was on, he was exciting.

Dickey was a great passer, as you say. But he had problems turning the ball over as well.

Tobin Rote and Don Majkowski were similar types. They were good runners, good passers and gave hope to the Packer faithful in lean times.

As far as Starr's standing among all QB's in his era, I'd take him over Unitas. Johnny was a better passer by far, but Starr was cool and consistent in the clutch, which was his hallmark.

Harlan Huckleby
10-23-2014, 01:09 PM
Bart Starr must have sold a lot of cars at that dealership of his. The used car salesman certainly has you two fooled.

Only kidding! I have no problem with Starr at top of list, I really don't know. I did see him play at end of his career. Looks like Maxie waited until Fritz posted, he cribbed from his list.

Maxie the Taxi
10-23-2014, 01:31 PM
Bart Starr must have sold a lot of cars at that dealership of his. The used car salesman certainly has you two fooled.

Only kidding! I have no problem with Starr at top of list, I really don't know. I did see him play at end of his career. Looks like Maxie waited until Fritz posted, he cribbed from his list.

I resemble that remark!!

Actually, it's interesting how close our lists are. I was actually posting my list when I saw Fritz had posted one. I think they're similar because we both have terrific powers of football game observation. :-)

Fritz
10-23-2014, 04:44 PM
I resemble that remark!!

Actually, it's interesting how close our lists are. I was actually posting my list when I saw Fritz had posted one. I think they're similar because we both have terrific powers of football game observation. :-)

Damn straight!

And I have fond memories of Dickey - the only ray of hope was that one playoff team. The dude could throw a football. But he was a statue in the pocket, and he did throw his share of picks.

Pugger
10-23-2014, 05:58 PM
Damn straight!

And I have fond memories of Dickey - the only ray of hope was that one playoff team. The dude could throw a football. But he was a statue in the pocket, and he did throw his share of picks.

It would be interesting if we could go back and give Dickey a decent defense. Maybe he would have been truly successful.

Harlan Huckleby
10-23-2014, 06:34 PM
It would be interesting if we could go back and give Dickey a decent defense. Maybe he would have been truly successful.

My fondest memory of Lynn Dickey comes from 1990s when he was back for some honor, maybe 92 when he got put in hall. The camera cut to him in a sky box during game. He was just shoveling food in his face. It was funny at time, never seen him since.

pbmax
10-23-2014, 11:51 PM
He should go to the game at the Superdome and sit with the Execs up in the Suite. We get a shot of Ted and Brett talking with no sound. Make up conversation bubble for it the rest of the week.

Win - win.

Pugger
10-24-2014, 12:13 AM
My fondest memory of Lynn Dickey comes from 1990s when he was back for some honor, maybe 92 when he got put in hall. The camera cut to him in a sky box during game. He was just shoveling food in his face. It was funny at time, never seen him since.

He has returned numerous times to Lambeau along with other alumni for a home game.

George Cumby
10-24-2014, 05:10 PM
Damn straight!

And I have fond memories of Dick - the only ray of hope was that one playoff team. The dude could throw a football. But he was a statue in the pocket, and he did throw his share of picks.

FTFY.

I keed, I keed!

George Cumby
10-24-2014, 05:11 PM
Damn straight!

Seriously, I'm with you. Those were some hard years but who can forget the Monday Night Shootout with the Champion Redskins.

Fritz
10-25-2014, 08:51 AM
His numbers, when you look them up, aren't that great. From '76 - '85 he averaged usually around fifteen or so picks per season, not including two years - 1980 and '83 - when he threw 25 and 29 picks. And he actually averaged approximately the same number of TD's as picks.

But from '80 - '84 he threw for lots and lots of yards, and I think the game was different then, anyway. He had a completion rate in the mid-50's for lots of those years, which doesn't sound that great today, but I think D-backs were still doing a lot of grabbing and banging, and of course they had almost no concept of an "illegal hit."

I just loved the guy. He stood in the pocket even though he got hammered. He got sacked forty times in 1981 and again in 1983. Wow.

He couldn't move in the pocket, but in some ways he was like Brent Favre - he was a gunslinger on a team that needed that, cuz there weren't no defense to speak of for most of the years he played.

Pugger
10-25-2014, 09:04 AM
His numbers, when you look them up, aren't that great. From '76 - '85 he averaged usually around fifteen or so picks per season, not including two years - 1980 and '83 - when he threw 25 and 29 picks. And he actually averaged approximately the same number of TD's as picks.

But from '80 - '84 he threw for lots and lots of yards, and I think the game was different then, anyway. He had a completion rate in the mid-50's for lots of those years, which doesn't sound that great today, but I think D-backs were still doing a lot of grabbing and banging, and of course they had almost no concept of an "illegal hit."

I just loved the guy. He stood in the pocket even though he got hammered. He got sacked forty times in 1981 and again in 1983. Wow.

He couldn't move in the pocket, but in some ways he was like Brent Favre - he was a gunslinger on a team that needed that, cuz there weren't no defense to speak of for most of the years he played.

Yup, unfortunately for Lynn he had to practically do it all himself. We didn't have much of a running game and our defense was a sieve so he almost HAD to put it up on every snap just to keep the team in the game.

Maxie the Taxi
10-25-2014, 09:28 AM
He had a completion rate in the mid-50's for lots of those years, which doesn't sound that great today, but I think D-backs were still doing a lot of grabbing and banging, and of course they had almost no concept of an "illegal hit."

I think the lower completion rate was due to the fact that he didn't play the West Coast offense. Most of his throws were downfield. I think they had John Jefferson, James Lofton and Paul Coffman at the time. If Rodgers relied on his downfield completion percentage alone, it'd be the same for him.

Fritz
10-25-2014, 10:58 AM
I think the lower completion rate was due to the fact that he didn't play the West Coast offense. Most of his throws were downfield. I think they had John Jefferson, James Lofton and Paul Coffman at the time. If Rodgers relied on his downfield completion percentage alone, it'd be the same for him.

I was thrilled when they traded for Jefferson. I still think that trio is one of the best in all of Packer history. Lofton was just a gazelle; he was beautiful to watch. Jefferson was not quite what he was in San Diego (I think that's where he was), but he was still awfully good. And Coffman - he had really good hands, and he knew how to get open.

Maxie the Taxi
10-25-2014, 11:11 AM
I'd like to have any one of three right now...especially Coffman.

Tyrion Lannister
11-09-2014, 12:46 AM
Nice feature article by Bedard, err, Dunne:

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/brett-favre-found-b99383084z1-281524621.html

woodbuck27
12-01-2014, 11:23 PM
Nice feature article by Bedard, err, Dunne:

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/brett-favre-found-b99383084z1-281524621.html

I was searching for a thread and discovered this great article.

Not one Packerats commented on it's quality. Made any comment at all.

WOW....just wow ! What a shame.

Thanks Tyrion Lannister. It's late and I have to come back to it. It's long and I havn't gotten to the video portions. It certainly appears as if Brett Favre is doing well. That's some shack and estate he lives on.

Later......

Pugger
12-02-2014, 12:29 AM
Comparing old guys to modern guys is good conversation, but there's really no meaningful metric to do it. The game and the players have changed too much. Was Jerry Rice better than Don Hutson? Dan Marino better than Cecil Isbell? It's like comparing a modern day Ferrari to a Duesenberg.

In their day Herber and Isbell were elite talents. Lambeau called Herber the best long passer ever and he called Isbell the best passer of the two. Go figure. Isbell was an outstanding runner; Herber was a dud. Herber was the better punter. A good part of their fame was the fact that they were pioneers of an evolving game. Hutson too.

Of the modern guys on your list, I'd rank them:

1 Bart Starr
2 Aaron Rodgers
3 Brett Favre
4 Lynn Dickey
5 Tobin Rote
5 Don Majkowski

I put Starr on top simply because he was far and away the best field general in football in an era when the QB called his own plays. Sure, he was surrounded by talent, but so was Favre and Dickey (at least on offense). Plus, Starr took care of the ball like Rodgers does, which I highly value. Starr was irritating to watch they way he took sacks, but he also stood in there and took the hits. Very brave man.

Rodgers? What can I say that we don't all know. He is like Bart Starr on steroids.

Favre? I've often said he's the most exciting player I've ever seen, but not the best QB. I've seen him throw too many times into triple coverage when the game was on the line. When he was on, he was exciting.

Dickey was a great passer, as you say. But he had problems turning the ball over as well.

Tobin Rote and Don Majkowski were similar types. They were good runners, good passers and gave hope to the Packer faithful in lean times.

As far as Starr's standing among all QB's in his era, I'd take him over Unitas. Johnny was a better passer by far, but Starr was cool and consistent in the clutch, which was his hallmark.

:-)

Pugger
12-02-2014, 12:32 AM
Seriously, I'm with you. Those were some hard years but who can forget the Monday Night Shootout with the Champion Redskins.

I was there! Big wins were few and far between back then so it was a real treat to win that one!

George Cumby
12-02-2014, 08:18 AM
I was there! Big wins were few and far between back then so it was a real treat to win that one!

That's rad! I stayed up late to watch the game and kept reading about it as I delivered the WSJ the next morning.

mraynrand
12-02-2014, 11:52 AM
That's rad! I stayed up late to watch the game and kept reading about it as I delivered the WSJ the next morning.

Whut? You read the paper in the dark, while you were delivering it? I used to deliver the Milwaukee Urinal, and even as an afternoon paper, I could only make out the headlines. Still, it could be because I was only reading at a first grade level, but come to think of it, that's the level the Urinal wrote at. Ahh, never mind...

George Cumby
12-02-2014, 08:57 PM
Whut? You read the paper in the dark, while you were delivering it? I used to deliver the Milwaukee Urinal, and even as an afternoon paper, I could only make out the headlines. Still, it could be because I was only reading at a first grade level, but come to think of it, that's the level the Urinal wrote at. Ahh, never mind...

Street lamps, my man, street lamps.

woodbuck27
12-02-2014, 09:23 PM
Fr. http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/brett-favre-found-b99383084z1-281524621.html

The play call ... " 72 X Shallow Cross "

" An enlarged scoreboard reads, 17-14 Falcons, third and 1 at the 9-yard line, 15 seconds left. Defensive end Chuck Smith is helpless, turned over like a dying fish. Favre is airborne, diving across the goal line for the victory. " **

** His 1994 dive into the end zone at County Stadium — the final Packers game in Milwaukee.

" After 20 years of highs, lows, emotional skydives, Brett Favre's world has slowed down. Pro football's ironman has found peace, his way.

When that pilgrimage to Lambeau Field closes in, Favre knows it'll feel real. Next year, No. 4 will be retired. Closing this chapter — in a good way, he punctuates — "needed to be done."..."

GO PACK GO !

KYPack
12-08-2014, 01:46 PM
He returns.

Brett is back in GB today for an event at Bart Starr's Rawhide Ranch.

He'll speak briefly at the steakhouse and at Rawhide Ranch.

BLF has no plans to attend the Packer Falcon's game.

I suppose he doesn't want to take from the teams by being a distraction.

It would be a natural time to make an announcement of some kind of peace treaty, Packers, Falcon's, Bart Starr, etc, etc.

Bart is too ill to attend, but is supposedly recovering from his stroke.

Fritz
12-08-2014, 01:48 PM
Bart Starr's Rawhide Ranch?

Sounds like a BDSM store.

LP
12-08-2014, 01:57 PM
Bart Starr's Rawhide Ranch?

Sounds like a BDSM store.

Voice of experience speaking?

Smidgeon
12-08-2014, 02:54 PM
He returns.

It would be a natural time to make an announcement of some kind of peace treaty, Packers, Falcon's, Bart Starr, etc, etc.

Why does it have to be a big deal for him to attend? Why can't he just go to the game without fanfare? Sure, the cameras would pan to him once or twice, but unless the networks went overboard, there would be no distraction...

QBME
12-08-2014, 03:08 PM
Why does it have to be a big deal for him to attend? Why can't he just go to the game without fanfare? Sure, the cameras would pan to him once or twice, but unless the networks went overboard, there would be no distraction...

The game is on ESPN with Michaels and Collinsworth. They'd be all over it all night long.

ThunderDan
12-08-2014, 03:51 PM

My thoughts exactly. He is 3 blocks from the stadium. Go to a box and watch the game. It doesn't have to be about you for once. Just go, don't tell the media and the world. Sure they will find out and show him on TV. But who cares if he doesn't fly in the same day and say he wants to suit up and play or something.

Guiness
12-08-2014, 04:02 PM
My thoughts exactly. He is 3 blocks from the stadium. Go to a box and watch the game. It doesn't have to be about you for once. Just go, don't tell the media and the world. Sure they will find out and show him on TV. But who cares if he doesn't fly in the same day and say he wants to suit up and play or something.

At this point it's going to be a spectacle no matter how they go about it. If they put on a big show of him being there, well, it's a big show. If he shows up quietly and sits in a box, the cameras will find him and spend half the game talking about him and dollars to donuts he ends up on the field at the end of the game. There's just no way to do this quietly and without it turning into a circus and someone asking him why he decided to finally come back. It's been too long and the reunion is going to be an event.

Guiness
12-08-2014, 04:17 PM
At this point it's going to be a spectacle no matter how they go about it. If they put on a big show of him being there, well, it's a big show. If he shows up quietly and sits in a box, the cameras will find him and spend half the game talking about him and dollars to donuts he ends up on the field at the end of the game. There's just no way to do this quietly and without it turning into a circus and someone asking him why he decided to finally come back. It's been too long and the reunion is going to be an event.

I think this was a good way to start his return. Quietly in and out of town, short appearance in front of essentially a hand picked crowd and some the Packers brass present (Mark Murphy was there).

mraynrand
12-08-2014, 04:29 PM
Gruden better get his Favre tapes queued up just in case.

woodbuck27
12-08-2014, 04:31 PM
I see Brett Favre more than ever it seems.

He's doing lots of commercials lately.

Mae saw him doing something for WALMART.

Plugging some sporting shoes for a Nike subsidiary, I believe.

channtheman
12-08-2014, 06:34 PM
Favre is all over the product where a man can trim his own hair too. I've seen an extended ad for it at least 3-4 times in the last few weeks.

woodbuck27
12-08-2014, 10:55 PM
Favre wouldn't come to the game tonight so as not to risk any scene.

Some people really are confused by this man but it sure seems to me he's got things right as it stands today.

woodbuck27
12-08-2014, 10:56 PM
Where's Mad ?

Is Madtownpacker OK?

Mad there were 30 people here (after the game and) tonight for the Atlanta @ Green Bay game.

GO PACK GO !

mraynrand
12-08-2014, 11:00 PM
Where's Mad ?

Is Madtownpacker OK?

http://www.freeallimages.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/grumpy-cat-no-1.jpg

woodbuck27
12-08-2014, 11:02 PM
http://www.freeallimages.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/grumpy-cat-no-1.jpg

Anyone !??

I havn't seen a sign of Mad here for over three weeks.

Is he OK?

woodbuck27
12-10-2014, 07:27 PM
He returns.

http://www.packersnews.com/story/sports/nfl/packers/2014/12/08/brett-favre-in-green-bay-for-bart-starr-tribute/20093265/

Favre attends Starr tribute, hints at 2015 reunion

Jeff Ash and Mike Woods, Post-Crescent Media 9:10 p.m. EST December 8, 2014

" If Brett Favre had any lingering concerns how the majority of Packers fans feel about him, they should have been erased early Monday afternoon.

Appearing at a fundraising event for the Rawhide Boys Ranch at the Brett Favre Steakhouse, the future Hall of Fame quarterback received a long and loud standing ovation from the approximately 200 in attendance. "

Please click on the LINK for the whole story.

GO PACKERS !

gbgary
12-10-2014, 08:19 PM
by not going to the game, and just waving to the crowd from the window of a luxury box, he missed a chance to reconnect to the Lambeau crowd. it would have been brief and informal. smh

mraynrand
12-10-2014, 08:46 PM
by not going to the game, and just waving to the crowd from the window of a luxury box, he missed a chance to reconnect to the Lambeau crowd. it would have been brief and informal. smh

Waving to the rabble from up on high behind security glass is the perfect way to reconnect and say "Thanks, Ted!"

woodbuck27
12-10-2014, 09:17 PM

Something like this?

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSqrkCBcrWWs-6UrX28LNMI4Cm94ktrwnwpeVvIAdwX_OzViszrlg

Freak Out
12-10-2014, 10:55 PM
Have you had that sig since day #1 Woody?

George Cumby
12-11-2014, 08:17 AM
I don't know who you all are talking about, but this new fella' Erin Roggers looks like he might turn out ok.

Fritz
12-11-2014, 12:40 PM
The ol' gunslinger seems a little antsy 'bout returnin' to town since the new sheriff took over.

woodbuck27
12-11-2014, 12:42 PM
Have you had that sig since day #1 Woody?

Hi Freak Out:

If I had another I cannot recall what it was. That one has been with me for 8-10 years.

Imagine that. Several of us go back to the JSO Packer Forum (2004-05) and some even longer.

woodbuck27
12-11-2014, 12:50 PM
The ol' gunslinger seems a little antsy 'bout returnin' to town since the new sheriff took over.

In that article that Tyrion Lannister posted just a couple of pages back:

Favre talks about a hunting trip somewhere in Wisconsin and going to a laundry mat wearing a hoody and doing so undercover with the hood over his head.

Jimx29
12-12-2014, 09:09 PM
Eh??

http://i62.tinypic.com/2qvzinb.jpg

https://twitter.com/wozniak85/status/542843589139914752/photo/1

Infamous
12-14-2014, 06:25 PM
copper fit

Infamous
12-14-2014, 06:32 PM
Hi Freak Out:

If I had another I cannot recall what it was. That one has been with me for 8-10 years.

Imagine that. Several of us go back to the JSO Packer Forum (2004-05) and some even longer.

wow JSO..those were the DAYS!! I would be late for work bc of the fun I had with you guys..need a reunion of sorts

mraynrand
12-14-2014, 06:43 PM
wow JSO..those were the DAYS!! I would be late for work bc of the fun I had with you guys..need a reunion of sorts

BRING BLACK MOBB!!!!!!

woodbuck27
12-18-2014, 06:59 AM
PackerRats.com Statistics

Threads: 27,361 Posts: 814,071 Members: 5,007 Active Members: 342

OFFICIAL BRETT THE LIVING LEGEND THREAD - Started by MOBB DEEP, 08-14-2008 12:28 AM

Replies: 10,673 ..... Views: 410,717

Dennis Krause @DennisKrause1

20 years ago tomorrow, the last Packers game at County Stadium. W(hair) did the time go? pic.twitter.com/ycqyEruqpo

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B5G1cNXIEAALx0S.jpg

Dennis Krause ‏@DennisKrause1 · 9h9 hours ago
@Sajnog yes sir. 21-17 Packers on late Favre diving touchdown.

AND:

jerry van handel ‏@stargazejerry · 8h8 hours ago
@DennisKrause1 Edgar Bennett with 46 yds. rushing and 101 receiving that day. Falcons QB? Old USFL-er Bobby Hebert.

Followed by: Wes Hodkiewicz, Pete Dougherty and Rob Demovsky.

woodbuck27
01-15-2015, 07:55 AM
Brett Favre sure is an enterprising fella:

http://www.favreandcarve.com/

woodbuck27
02-04-2015, 06:32 AM
This year (2015) two Green Bay Packers legends will be going into Halls of Fame within a few weeks of each other.

Ron Wolf will be inducted into the NFL HOF.

In a much anticipated event and on July 18. 2015. Brett Favre will be inducted into the Green Bay Packer Hall Of Fame. Evidently approximately 1,600 tickets for Favre's induction banquet are already sold out.

Wolf and Favre:

Ron Wolf 'architect of the 1990s Packers' went after a QB he really believed would turn Green Bay Packer long time frustrations around. He certainly was correct in his vision. That man was Brett Favre; the 1990's '3 years consecutive NFL MVP'.

In Green Bay Packer history Ron Wolf and Brett Favre are forever linked together. Without Ron Wolf in Green Bay there never would've been Favre. Most likely the pain of a nearly 3 decade Lombardi Trophy drought would have been extended.

woodbuck27
02-04-2015, 07:26 AM
for the first time ever.... the Brett Favre HOF Induction banquet scheduled for Sat. July 18, 2015 will be recorded and broadcast the next day on WTMJ-TV (Milwaukee), WGBA-TV (Green Bay) and the Packers TV Network affiliates.

woodbuck27
02-04-2015, 06:51 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FhtsH3w3HSo

Brett Favre on Deflate-Gate, Aaron Rodgers, Comebacks and Super Bowl XLIX

FOX Sports Live

Published on Jan 26, 2015

" It's been a while since we've seen Brett Favre in action, but he's still very much involved with the game.

Favre joins Ryan Field and Ephraim Salaam to talk about Deflate-Gate, his relationship with Aaron Rodgers, comebacks, who he thinks is the best quarterback in the game and his pick for Super Bowl XLIX."

woodbuck27
02-09-2015, 02:18 PM
http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/green-bay-packers-brett-favre-plans-to-return-to-green-bay-retire-jersey-number-020915

Favre plans to return to Green Bay, retire jersey number

FOX Sports

FEB 09, 2015 12:58 PM ET

"Brett Favre's long-tenured career with the Green Bay Packers will be celebrated this upcoming season.

The future Hall of Famer announced his plans to return to Lambeau Field to have his number retired and be inducted into the Packers Hall of Fame on his website Monday morning."

Please click on the LINK for his statement on this tremendous honor.

GO PACK GO !

Joemailman
02-11-2015, 07:27 PM
23 years ago today the Packers traded for Brett Favre. http://espn.go.com/blog/green-bay-packers/post/_/id/18528/brett-favre-recalls-being-kind-of-shocked-by-trade-to-packers

mraynrand
02-11-2015, 08:57 PM
I'm a gonna have a whole contingent at the HOF* for that induction ceremony next year. It should be epic.

*NFL HOF

pbmax
02-11-2015, 09:55 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B9kwevGCEAAoCqj.jpg:large

pbmax
02-11-2015, 09:57 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B9kPj7qCcAAhgjY.jpg:large

woodbuck27
02-12-2015, 03:46 AM
I'm a gonna have a whole contingent at the HOF* for that induction ceremony next year. It should be epic.

*NFL HOF

https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR1mXVikHJHYXFbGm5Fvs1DMjEBb3RY8 m40YAI4HnM_y6uNTeFO

woodbuck27
02-12-2015, 03:46 AM
and fantasize all you want:

https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSagAp-aa98024IPykSxijXqy9bDX0Vu2TNHRxQcexuh8_imeLmeg

The bikini girls will be cheering NO. 4.

pbmax
02-13-2015, 09:41 AM
What is her deal with this?

Greta Van Susteren ‏@greta 2h2 hours ago
VIDEO: Green Bay Packers Fans, It’s Time to Unite and Demand Brett Favre Be Honored in Lambeau Field! @espn #Packers http://gretawire.foxnewsinsider.com/video/video-green-bay-packers-fans-its-time-to-unite-and-demand-brett-favre-be-honored-in-lambeau-field/ …

Demand that an honor be help in a specific place? Something tells me this isn't going to be worth it.

I am just going to wait to go to Darren Sharper's Hall of Fame induction (assuming he is still free to travel) and boo while holding up a 4th and 26 sign with Fritz. I think I promised Fritz that, maybe it was Rand.

Deputy Nutz
02-13-2015, 10:00 AM

*NFL HOFWife okay'd me for 750 big ones for the jersey retirement, I wonder how I can work in the HOF induction

Deputy Nutz
02-13-2015, 10:02 AM
What is her deal with this?

Greta Van Susteren ‏@greta 2h2 hours ago
VIDEO: Green Bay Packers Fans, It’s Time to Unite and Demand Brett Favre Be Honored in Lambeau Field! @espn #Packers http://gretawire.foxnewsinsider.com/video/video-green-bay-packers-fans-its-time-to-unite-and-demand-brett-favre-be-honored-in-lambeau-field/ …

Demand that an honor be help in a specific place? Something tells me this isn't going to be worth it.

I am just going to wait to go to Darren Sharper's Hall of Fame induction (assuming he is still free to travel) and boo while holding up a 4th and 26 sign with Fritz. I think I promised Fritz that, maybe it was Rand.

I'll go with you, but I am quite the buffoon.

Greta is an idiot, Favre should really stop doing interviews with her. Her tweet is ridiculous

Deputy Nutz
02-13-2015, 10:04 AM

This was when Favre weighed like 250 pounds and Frank Winters thought he was an out of shape linebacker picked up in plan b free agency

woodbuck27
02-13-2015, 10:15 AM
http://gretawire.foxnewsinsider.com/poll/where-should-brett-favres-hall-of-fame-induction-and-jersey-retirement-be-held/

POLL QUESTION:

" Where should Brett Favre’s hall of fame induction and jersey retirement be held?

Thank you for voting! "

Inside the stadium at Lambeau 93.66% (945 votes)

In the atrium 6.34% (64 votes)

Total Votes: 1,009

woodbuck27
02-13-2015, 10:25 AM

The 1992 Green Bay Packers:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1992_Green_Bay_Packers_season#Roster

In photo: NO. 4 Brett Favre and NO. 7 Don Majkowski.

Who is wearing NO. 18?

Is that Mike Tomczak, (QB), Ohio State, 1991 ?

Deputy Nutz
02-13-2015, 11:38 AM
yes

Deputy Nutz
02-13-2015, 11:39 AM
I also believe that Ty Detmer was drafted by the Packer in 1992 and was the 3rd QB.

woodbuck27
02-13-2015, 11:40 AM
I also believe that Ty Detmer was drafted by the Packer in 1992 and was the 3rd QB.

Yes

Patler
02-13-2015, 12:04 PM
http://gretawire.foxnewsinsider.com/poll/where-should-brett-favres-hall-of-fame-induction-and-jersey-retirement-be-held/

POLL QUESTION:

" Where should Brett Favre’s hall of fame induction and jersey retirement be held?

Thank you for voting! "

Inside the stadium at Lambeau 93.66% (945 votes)

In the atrium 6.34% (64 votes)

Total Votes: 1,009

Aren't thos two separate ceremonies?

pbmax
02-13-2015, 12:12 PM
Same one, with a public unveiling at a game in 2015.

http://www.packers.com/news-and-events/article-press-release/article-1/Packers-Hall-of-Fame-Inc-to-induct-Brett-Favre-in-2015-Packers-to-retire-Favres-No-4/4d9f3048-a4c5-483d-be43-b139dbb6e1f9

woodbuck27
02-13-2015, 12:28 PM
Aren't thos two separate ceremonies?

I noted the date of the Brett Favre Green Bay Packer HOF induction banquet. OK here:

http://www.packers.com/lambeau-field/hall-of-fame/induction-banquet.html

That's already a sold out event and scheduled for Sat. July 18, 2015.

I've read of plans to honor Favre during some game

I thought (imagined) that Favre's number '4' retirement ceremony would 'in fact' be on some game day @ Lambeau Field...next season. I'm aware that is Brett Favre's wish so as many fans as desired might have a chance to be there for that big day.:

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/291469281.html

Brett Favre on Packers' Hall induction: 'I would like to see us do it in the stadium'

By: Tyler Dunne of the Journal Sentinel

Feb. 11, 2015

" ..."The response has been outstanding," Favre said. "I think everyone should have an option to go. And what better way to do it than Lambeau Field. You're right, I didn't play in the atrium. As you know, that whole facility is second to none. But there's nothing like Lambeau Field .."

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=12309773

Patler
02-13-2015, 12:33 PM

http://www.packers.com/news-and-events/article-press-release/article-1/Packers-Hall-of-Fame-Inc-to-induct-Brett-Favre-in-2015-Packers-to-retire-Favres-No-4/4d9f3048-a4c5-483d-be43-b139dbb6e1f9

Well, as far as that goes, his number has been retired since they announced that White's would be and Harlan declared Favre's would be, too. The only significant thing yet to do for that is the unveiling in the stadium. I don't see the Packer HOF ceremony as adding much to the number retirement storyline.

woodbuck27
02-13-2015, 01:14 PM

This is confusing ?!

Induct Brett Favre formaly into the Packers HOF at the banquet on Sat. July 18, 2015.

At some Packer home game have the ceremony to retire his and Reggie White's number.

Neat and simple.

woodbuck27
02-13-2015, 01:19 PM
Well, as far as that goes, his number has been retired since they announced that White's would be and Harlan declared Favre's would be, too. The only significant thing yet to do for that is the unveiling in the stadium. I don't see the Packer HOF ceremony as adding much to the number retirement storyline.

As a fan I'd prefer to be at Lambeau Field and see Brett Favre's number '4' retired formally.

In my world that's such a great honor that Brett Favre certainly deserves. That's for Favre and respecting Packer fans.

pbmax
02-13-2015, 02:27 PM
It'll be put in a nice frame.

Patler
02-13-2015, 03:09 PM
As a fan I'd prefer to be at Lambeau Field and see Brett Favre's number '4' retired formally.

In my world that's such a great honor that Brett Favre certainly deserves. That's for Favre and respecting Packer fans.

It will be at the stadium, just as it was for White.

mraynrand
02-13-2015, 07:31 PM
It'll be put in a nice frame.

An inlaw got to meet Clay Matthews this year and gave me a signed jersey for Christmas. I'm building a glass covered case/frame for it. Cherry wood or Oak, that is the question.

woodbuck27
02-13-2015, 07:33 PM
An inlaw got to meet Clay Matthews this year and gave me a signed jersey for Christmas. I'm building a glass covered case/frame for it. Cherry wood or Oak, that is the question.

Receiving such a gift would absolutely thrill me.

mraynrand
02-13-2015, 07:34 PM

Favre stuck it to Packer fans maneuvering into the Vikings spot, but god love 'em, he gave so many years of great exciting football, I will love the guy forever. If the Vikes had won a SB, maybe I would not be so generous, but now, that's all water under the bridge and all I can see are those great TD passes the 36 yard run for a TD versus Chicago in the rain in '94, "He dives into the end zone at County Stadium (I was there!). Yeeha, Go Bert!

woodbuck27
02-13-2015, 08:02 PM
Favre stuck it to Packer fans maneuvering into the Vikings spot, but god love 'em, he gave so many years of great exciting football, I will love the guy forever. If the Vikes had won a SB, maybe I would not be so generous, but now, that's all water under the bridge and all I can see are those great TD passes the 36 yard run for a TD versus Chicago in the rain in '94, "He dives into the end zone at County Stadium (I was there!). Yeeha, Go Bert!

Are you being serious?

pbmax
02-13-2015, 08:25 PM

"Betcha can't guess what type of wood this is."

"It's oak."

"Nope. It's oak."

mraynrand
02-13-2015, 08:31 PM
"Betcha can't guess what type of wood this is."

"It's oak."

"Nope. It's oak."

Great line. Great Episode.

https://reggiestake.files.wordpress.com/2012/02/mash-henry-and-charlie.jpg

pbmax
02-13-2015, 08:40 PM
Go through the doors and you'll see a man with a can of furniture polish in his hand.

He'll take me to Colonel Blake?

That is Colonel Blake.

MASH is on Netflix now and I have been watching Season 1. Hysterically good with a number of my favorite episodes. And that was a year their ratings were low.

woodbuck27
02-15-2015, 06:23 AM

Here's the official dope on all that:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Green_Bay_Packers_retired_numbers

List of Green Bay Packers retired numbers:

Packers Retired Number 3 - Tony Canadeo - HB, 1941-44, 1946-52 - Retired 1952

https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR87Bg0MJSOKQxCoKA3w_ja2-cPYuHuqawHhA9mYUOVXpmhf0CH

Packers retired number 14 - Don Hutson - WR/DB, 1935-45 - Retired 1951

https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR7KyPJGqHOC1cO6ZelTQebKhpd06RGS HyTMGJkatBymX3SLuPXCw

Packers Retired number 15 - Bart Starr - QB, 1956-71 - Retired 1973

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRMDDHHNZYWL7qxrnWIMrr1ungja7oAo QB_ge9DJK5s-mZa7ZL4

Packers Retired Number 66 - Ray Nitschke - LB, 1958-72 - Retired 1983

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTvrMO9DCYpY3QRGfOz9R-SAl8lc3dAxP4RGFcGDyfpGE8m_xLruA

Packers Retired Number 92 - Reggie White - DE, 1993–98 - Retired 2005

https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR0W9i-EUfGPO1KYpO_yTur2f2dioiFHfd14FAqNxa5hcMMrxOmTQ

" When Brett Favre retired from the Packers, the organization planned to retire the #4 in his honor. When he returned to football, this was put off. On August 3, 2014, the Packers organization announced the retirement of the No. 4 jersey and the induction of Favre into the Packers Hall of Fame in July 2015."

Next up:

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS1ggUZOczgeCKaCKA-gCbaS2mdzp5ux_Oqkl1FQSlpcgIjZmtY

https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQGhbpJxErAUkfzbPxG1jmvcQyaZXitD MAqmyHJgoIqKaUQ2jSHQw

KYPack
02-15-2015, 09:18 AM

Last game at the County, right?

Joemailman
02-15-2015, 09:51 AM

Yep. I was there in what would be the upper deck right field seats. Needed that game to stay alive in the playoff race. One of Brett's greatest heart attack moments.

mraynrand
02-15-2015, 02:33 PM

Yep. Totally awesome. After years of misery including "Bounce pass" Zorn and washed up Mike Balzac at QB, Favre was tremendously refreshing and fantastic. Will always appreciate his great and inspired play for the Pack. That's what you celebrate at the HOF inductions. All that other crap is water under the bridge (his personal stuff is for him to work out).

gbgary
02-16-2015, 08:20 PM
greta is a massive Packers fan and owner. :)

Fosco33
02-27-2015, 12:52 PM
So - still in atrium but fans can join in Lambeau and maybe Favre addresses the crowd. And it's $4 and goes to charity.

Interesting.

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/294394391.html

mraynrand
02-27-2015, 01:07 PM
I hope the fans treat him well

red
02-27-2015, 03:04 PM
I hope the fans treat him well

i'm sure they will

who's gonna pay money and take time out of their schedule to go boo a guy?

"guess what honey, i got us 50 yard line tickets to the brett favre thingy at lambeau tonight, we can go boo him again. HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!"

mraynrand
02-27-2015, 03:17 PM

Ever been to professional wrestling?

KYPack
02-27-2015, 03:18 PM
The classiest fans in pro sports will stay classy.

Brent is like everybody's Packer weird uncle.

red
02-27-2015, 03:32 PM
The classiest fans in pro sports will stay classy.

Brent is like everybody's Packer weird uncle.

who will get drunk and expose himself to everyone

woodbuck27
02-28-2015, 07:03 AM
i'm sure they will

"guess what honey, i got us 50 yard line tickets to the brett favre thingy at lambeau tonight, we can go boo him again. HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!"

Hahahahaha

gbgary
02-28-2015, 04:24 PM
i payed plenty to see him/them play several times but i wouldn't go to this if they payed it all back to me.

Rutnstrut
02-28-2015, 05:15 PM
i payed plenty to see him/them play several times but i wouldn't go to this if they payed it all back to me.

I'm pretty sure no one will shed a tear if you or any other haters miss it.

Smidgeon
07-07-2015, 12:39 PM
Everyone assumes it was TT. But according to Favre, he and TT remained in contact, but it was M3 with whom it took longer to mend:

In fact, he said he and Thompson, who was a Packers scout when the team acquired Favre in a 1992 trade, kept in contact even after he was traded to the Jets and went on to play for the Vikings. Favre also said he and McCarthy resumed communication after Favre's final retirement following the 2010 season and that his relationship with current quarterback Aaron Rodgers is good.

"Every time I played against Ted or when I was with the Jets and threw six touchdown passes against the Cardinals, which was the only time in my career I ever did that, Ted sent me a message," Favre said. "It was always, 'Nice job. Congratulations. Amazing game.' The day that I left in my meeting with Ted, he has a way of killing you with kindness. He doesn't say a lot, but I've known Ted ever since I got to Green Bay and always got along with him. I can't say that things were mended [at that point], but I responded to texts in a polite way myself. And Mike, there came a point where he and I started exchanging messages, I think it was after I got done playing."

I thought that very interesting and would have assumed the reverse. Yes, I know he said it wasn't mended yet with TT, but at least they were still in touch.

Apologies for not ammending this to the Favre thread. I was too lazy to look for it.

Patler
07-07-2015, 01:01 PM
I said years ago that it was MM. It was Favre's day long meeting with MM that was the last straw that ended his tenure in GB. He met with TT only a short time, but so long with MM that MM cancelled practice that day. Can't for the life of me figure out what they talked about for a whole day. Should have been.

MM; "Hi Brett."
BF; "Hi Mike."
MM; "Brett, I think Aaron is ready to play, and probably won't go into hibernation in the cold like you did in the last game."
BF; "I don't know, Mike; he's damn young with no experience. Heck, I have thrown 10 times as many interceptions as he has completions."
MM; "Believe me, I know that. You ready to compete with him head to head for the starting job?"
BF; "Mike, I'm frickin' BRETT FAVRE! The fan's will have your ass if I don't start."
MM; "My decision to make, Brett. Bye, Brett."

TT would never have gotten rid of Favre without MM being comfortable with Rodgers as the starter. I have always felt MM said it was time.

Joemailman
07-07-2015, 04:04 PM
I think it was MM's decision not to bring Favre back once he had announced his retirement. Once that decision was made, it was TT's decision on what to do with Favre, which is where it got publicly ugly because Favre wanted to be released.

pbmax
07-07-2015, 04:44 PM
Retired plus Giants playoff game. Remember the scuttlebutt that M3 was mad about play calling changes and performance in that game. I think that was one of Bob's Sunday "the end is nigh" pieces.

M3 isn't quite Coughlin in terms of being unbending, but the man does like to plan ahead.

run pMc
07-08-2015, 06:45 AM
Where did the "stick it to Ted" comments come from? Favre or his camp?

pbmax
07-08-2015, 09:22 AM
Nice overview of the interviews with beat guys Favre held yesterday.

http://cheeseheadtv.com/blog/favre-speaks-packers-beat-listens-fans-ready-to-welcome-a-legend-back?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+CheeseheadTv+%28Cheesehead+TV %29

Demovsky: http://espn.go.com/blog/green-bay-packers/post/_/id/21373/brett-favre-excited-nervous-about-packers-hall-of-fame-induction

Wilde: http://www.espnwisconsin.com/page.php?page_id=278

Audio: http://www.stationcaster.com/player_skinned.php?s=71&c=583&f=4574163

JSO: Apparently shut out. Unless this goes to Day 2. Last Favre item was review of his SI cover: http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/310982051.html

Ty Dunne did get an interview last October: http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/brett-favre-found-b99383084z1-281524621.html

Freak Out
07-13-2015, 06:53 PM
The countdown has begun....
http://www.packers.com/media-center/videos/Favres-Greatest-Games-Favre-vanquishes-Vikings/b629644d-f361-4a94-8bf1-8190c93f89a0?campaign=social_content_20150713_4910 8576&adbid=10153298691385073&adbpl=fb&adbpr=71671905072

pbmax
07-13-2015, 07:11 PM
I can't wait for the speech; rather than prepare, he's winging it.

I expect at least one INT. Butler will catch it.

mraynrand
07-13-2015, 07:17 PM
I can't wait for the speech; rather than prepare, he's winging it.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_i5a6DVLrzjg/TRuPaazEEsI/AAAAAAAAAak/ijAoc7j2G4A/s1600/Screen+shot+2010-12-29+at+11.43.04+AM.png

Patler
07-13-2015, 07:22 PM
The speech...... we should start a pool to predict how long he drones on for. If his Q&A press conferences from years ago tell us anything, its that he can drag a simple statement on forever. This thing could last an hour!

Freak Out
07-14-2015, 12:23 AM
Anyone notice how fucked up Larry's left pinky is? Whoa.

pbmax
07-14-2015, 12:26 AM
Also need to bet on whether he is packing a chaw or not during the speech.

mraynrand
07-14-2015, 06:03 AM
I'm betting he will be extremely well-groomed. No stray ear or nose hairs. Copper compression cuff on elbow: 50-50 chance. Need to check Vegas odds.

pbmax
07-14-2015, 06:51 AM
I'm betting he will be extremely well-groomed. No stray ear or nose hairs. Copper compression cuff on elbow: 50-50 chance. Need to check Vegas odds.

1.5 - over/under on mentions of his Father.

pbmax
07-14-2015, 07:07 AM
PackerRats Brett Favre Packer Hall of Fame Retirement Speech Prop Bets

1. Tears shed, money line, 110/-200 (affirmative/negative bet)

2. O/U mentions of Irv Favre, 1.5

3. Beard (any form facial hair), money line, 150/-170

4. Sideburns lower than earlobe (only pays off if #3 is None), 125/-125

5. Accouterments, bracelet, rubber, something Strong-like, 110/-175

6. Accouterments, bracelet, magnetic healing variety, 160/-145

7. O/U, mention Greatest Fans in the World, 4.5

8. O/U, mention, Ron Wolf, 1.5 (first name OK as long as clear)

9. O/U, mention, Mike Holmgren, 2.5 (same)

10. O/U, mention, Mike McCarthy, .5

11. O/U, mention, Ted Thompson, 1.0

12. O/U, mention, Bob Harlan, 3.5

13. O/U, mention, Mark Murphy, 1.5

14. O/U, mention, Lee Remmel, .5

15. O/U, mention, Steve Mariucci/Mooch, 1.5

16. Boos happen, money line, 110/-200

17. Boos if happen, get drowned out, money line, 170/-150

18. Walk on music, Melissa, Allman Brothers Band, 150/-125

19. Walk on music, Here I Go Again, Whitesnake, 140/-110

20. Hair Products, Just for Men, money line, 190/-170

Please feel free to add. Also to correct money line bets as I don't actually know how they work.

Pugger
07-14-2015, 09:10 AM
The NFLN will be showcasing Favre and the 1996 team all day on Saturday and will broadcast the HOF induction ceremony live.

Patler
07-14-2015, 12:55 PM
The NFLN will be showcasing Favre and the 1996 team all day on Saturday and will broadcast the HOF induction ceremony live.

Nothing like the NFL publicity machine to blow things out of proportion. Are they going to start broadcasting HOF ceremonies for all teams? For GB every year?

MadtownPacker
07-14-2015, 05:07 PM
Come on Patler!! You have watches NFLN before. If they can attempt to show Deion Sanders and Michael Irvin have conversations about moral and right versus wrong they can pretty much try anything.

But why is this so wrong to showcase? Why the bitter tone towards some thing Packerscentric?

Patler
07-14-2015, 09:35 PM
I tire of our deification of those who entertain us.

pbmax
07-14-2015, 09:45 PM
Blast From the Past.

Peter Kings stakes out the Favre/Tynes bedroom. Roderick Mullen's first week with the team. Holmgren with the weakest Head Coach trash talk ever (couldn't find a plane?). Earl Dotson is photographed and isn't false starting. Brett is afraid of snakes. Mark Ingram still has a job. Chmura before Hot Tub Crime Machine. Jack Del Rio. Brett doesn't know much about the science of sleep (six hour nap?). TJ Rubley is still active. Charles Jordan, troublemaking muse to Antonio Freeman.

http://mmqb.si.com/2015/07/01/brett-favre-packers-1995-peter-king/

pbmax
07-14-2015, 09:48 PM

You add celebrities to that and I will subscribe to your newsletter.

mraynrand
07-14-2015, 10:08 PM

I agree

http://cpd.typepad.com/.a/6a00d8341d45b053ef017c3578b97c970b-250wi

http://drandrewsargent.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/shadrach-meshach-abednego-stand.jpg

Patler
07-14-2015, 10:48 PM
You add celebrities to that and I will subscribe to your newsletter.

I already did, which is why I referred to "those who entertain us", and not just "athletes" or "football players". My pet peeve for years has been the various awards programs where those in the music and movie industries fall all over themselves, and the media acts as if it is something really, really important. They become very full of themselves, and we are to blame for it much of the time.

George Cumby
07-15-2015, 01:27 AM
Count me among those who gives zero shits about this, one way or the other.

The awards shows are so smug and banal. I can't remember the last time I watched one and couldn't tell you who won what award. Best Picture? I lost interest after Saving Private Ryan lost to some period rom-con.

I guess I'm just a curmudgeon anymore. Victor David Hansons Confessions of a Cultural Dropout isn't too far off. Pardon me while I yell at some kids on the front lawn.........

Zool
07-15-2015, 08:48 AM
Thankfully I have anything else to do on Thursday. Maybe I'll see if I can't watch the clover patch grow in my back yard.

Which reminds me, I gotta call a lawn guy. Mad do you have any relatives in the area?

Pugger
07-15-2015, 10:14 AM
Nothing like the NFL publicity machine to blow things out of proportion. Are they going to start broadcasting HOF ceremonies for all teams? For GB every year?

Do other teams have their own HOF?

Pugger
07-15-2015, 10:15 AM
Thankfully I have anything else to do on Thursday. Maybe I'll see if I can't watch the clover patch grow in my back yard.

Which reminds me, I gotta call a lawn guy. Mad do you have any relatives in the area?

What is happening tomorrow?