PDA

View Full Version : OFFICIAL BRETT THE LIVING LEGEND THREAD

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 43 44 45 46

pbmax
12-02-2012, 09:12 AM
MMmmm...Cuisine de la Cracker:

You don't think Eméril uses Campbell's Cream of Mushroom Soup n his Etoufee?

swede
12-02-2012, 02:01 PM

Lol. It struck me as funny in exactly that way.

Smeefers
12-02-2012, 03:34 PM
first.

woodbuck27
12-02-2012, 05:35 PM

Maybe? just one (1) can.

woodbuck27
01-07-2013, 02:35 PM
http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-total-access/09000d5d82a26424/Who-is-Brett-Favre-s-favorite-current-QB

Who is Brett Favre's favorite current QB?

Note: Published: June 26, 2012 at 08:01 p.m

Favre is IMO accurate in his analysis.

mraynrand
01-07-2013, 02:44 PM
Uh Oh!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ncoblvNQC48

denverYooper
01-07-2013, 03:32 PM
http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-total-access/09000d5d82a26424/Who-is-Brett-Favre-s-favorite-current-QB

Who is Brett Favre's favorite current QB?

Note: Published: June 26, 2012 at 08:01 p.m

Favre is IMO accurate in his analysis.

You could really hear the whoosh as he zipped by Rodgers.

woodbuck27
01-07-2013, 03:52 PM
You could really hear the whoosh as he zipped by Rodgers.

Brett Favre was very positive in his respect for Aaron Rodgers. His comments very positive.

" I knew when I left he had all the tools. He can beat you with his feet; he's got a great arm, extremely accurate,handles the cast around him perfectly." Brett Favre on Aaron Rodgers

In his next sentence he draws a similiar comparison between Aaron Rodgers and Tom Brady in regards to the above.

denverYooper
01-07-2013, 04:06 PM
Brett Favre was very positive in his respect for Aaron Rodgers. His comments very positive.

" I knew when I left he had all the tools. He can beat you with his feet; he's got a great arm, extremely accurate,handles the cast around him perfectly." Brett Favre on Aaron Rodgers

In his next sentence he draws a similiar comparison between Aaron Rodgers and Tom Brady in regards to the above.

I'm aware of the words. There was another channel of information there.

Guiness
01-07-2013, 06:37 PM

Not seeing it there. Not saying he's being genuine, more likely guarded. He said more about Rodgers than Manning.

gbgary
01-07-2013, 08:57 PM
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

HarveyWallbangers
01-07-2013, 09:12 PM
Didn't this come out last summer? Why they hell is it being reposted? Troll.

Joemailman
01-07-2013, 09:17 PM

Woody has dial-up. It took him a few months to download the video.

Deputy Nutz
01-11-2013, 02:36 PM
http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Brett-Favre-envisions-returning-to-Lambeau-Field-one-day.html

I saw this a couple of months ago and didn't post it and wasn't surprised that none of you posted it either.

SkinBasket
01-11-2013, 02:45 PM
http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Brett-Favre-envisions-returning-to-Lambeau-Field-one-day.html

I saw this a couple of months ago and didn't post it and wasn't surprised that none of you posted it either.

What a dick. That guy has a mental issue.

Tony Oday
01-11-2013, 03:17 PM
Peace out Favre you are going to be the only Super Bowl Winning Starting QB in Packer history with only one ring...

pbmax
01-11-2013, 04:49 PM
Ah, the tender and fragile dance of rapprochement.

Kiwon
01-11-2013, 05:10 PM
What a dick.

Is that a question or a comment?

http://deadspin.com/5658206/brett-favres-cellphone-seduction-of-jenn-sterger

sharpe1027
01-11-2013, 05:32 PM
He was a Packer once...now he is on the other "side." When will it be time? When he gets to the point that he does not believe he is on a "side" opposite to the Packers.

MJZiggy
01-11-2013, 08:16 PM

Someone did post it or an article with the same quote because I made a similar comment to Sharpe's. Sides, sides, SIDES!!

Joemailman
01-11-2013, 09:55 PM
When Favre says he has no idea when the day will come that he will return to Lambeau, I wonder if he means he has no idea how long Ted Thompson will be a part of the Packer organization. I hope not, but I think it's a possibility.

George Cumby
01-12-2013, 08:57 AM
When Favre says he has no idea when the day will come that he will return to Lambeau, I wonder if he means he has no idea how long Ted Thompson will be a part of the Packer organization. I hope not, but I think it's a possibility.

Yawp. It's a Ted thing.

Thanks Ted!

woodbuck27
01-12-2013, 09:31 AM

What's a ' power domination hatemongering control freak'?

:smile:

woodbuck27
01-12-2013, 09:41 AM

Yes. Reading that makes it clear that it's really all on the Green Bay Packer Organization to retire Brett Favre's number and otherwise honour this Packer great.

If the Packer organization waits until after Brett Favre goes into the NFL HOF. The Green Bay Packer organization will have made a serious error.

That would smack of 'sour grapes'. I base this statement in 'common sense'.

GO PACKERS !

ThunderDan
01-12-2013, 09:43 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=m-gY3OrHFPg

I am not going to shit in the game day thread but put that shit where it belongs!!!

woodbuck27
01-12-2013, 09:45 AM

Ohh !? Did you hear him fart when he made that extremely positive statement RE: Aaron Rodgers?

If not what other channel of information do you refer to? Enlighten us please.

woodbuck27
01-12-2013, 09:47 AM
Woody has dial-up. It took him a few months to download the video.

That's funny.

:grin: X 10.

ThunderDan
01-12-2013, 09:48 AM
Yes. Reading that makes it clear that it's really all on the Green Bay Packer Organization to retire Brett Favre's number and otherwise honour this Packer great.

If the Packer organization waits until after Brett Favre goes into the NFL HOF. The Green Bay Packer organization will have made a serious error.

That would smack of 'sour grapes'. I base this statement in 'common sense'.

GO PACKERS !

It's all on BF not being an ass!!!!

That being said TT understands BF importance to GB and to football. GB will reach out to Favre to retire his number "officially" before he goes into the HOF (no one has worn the number since he left). TT will reach out with an olive branch to BF because he has no ego. TT cares about the game and the history of the game.

It will be up to BF to determine how he receives the olive branch. If he says something stupid like TT can't be at the ceremony, BF just shit on the Pack organization again.

woodbuck27
01-12-2013, 09:51 AM
Peace out Favre you are going to be the only Super Bowl Winning Starting QB in Packer history with only one ring...

Such a bad thing.

woodbuck27
01-12-2013, 09:57 AM
It's all on BF not being an ass!!!!

That being said TT understands BF importance to GB and to football. GB will reach out to Favre to retire his number "officially" before he goes into the HOF (no one has worn the number since he left). TT will reach out with an olive branch to BF because he has no ego. TT cares about the game and the history of the game.

It will be up to BF to determine how he receives the olive branch. If he says something stupid like TT can't be at the ceremony, BF just shit on the Pack organization again.

An 'olive branch' to a first ballot HOFer !??

Are you serious? An 'olive branch'.

" If he says something stupid like TT can't be at the ceremony, BF just shit on the Pack organization again." ThunderDan

How could you dream that stuff up? Where does such thinking come from Packer fan?

Deputy Nutz
01-12-2013, 10:04 AM
I am not going to shit in the game day thread but put that shit where it belongs!!!

Sorry, I forgot about your mystical powers to will a team to victory based on your presence alone. Packer fan gotta love'em for their crackerjack superstition and how my posting in the Game day thread might effect it.

Deputy Nutz
01-12-2013, 10:06 AM

" If he says something stupid like TT can't be at the ceremony, BF just shit on the Pack organization again." ThunderDan

How could you dream that stuff up? Where does such thinking come from Packer fan?
Because they are completely spoiled. Aaron Rodgers has been in all relative terms a pretty good quarterback, which apparently gives Packer fan the righteousness to dump all over Favre and forget all the good he brought to this franchise, and his dedication to the Green Bay Packers. If Aaron Rodgers shit his pants as the starting QB, Favre would still be revered by all Packer fans. They are spoiled to have such a long span of time being led by two of the best qbs in the game.

George Cumby
01-12-2013, 10:06 AM
Sorry, I forgot about your mystical powers to will a team to victory based on your presence alone. Packer fan gotta love'em for their crackerjack superstition and how my posting in the Game day thread might effect it.

You......... BASTARD! :-P

woodbuck27
01-12-2013, 10:31 AM
You......... BASTARD! :-P

No kidding. It's just too easy to play smackdown with some of these geniuses.

It's unbelievable to me that Packer fans can't simply embrace the privalege of having back to back HOF QB's and simply realize great joy in that fact.

NO! They have to make it a comparison and raise a wall between anything Brett Favre Vs anything Aaron Rodgers.

To place a new empasis on behaving foolishly. We're Green Bay Packer fans. We're not Brett Favre or Aaron Rodgers.

As we approach the opening KO Vs our storied opponent 'the San Francisco 49ers'. Do we have to make it like a Joe Montana Vs Steve Young thing? Can't we grow beyond such nonsence?

GO PACK GO !

mraynrand
01-12-2013, 10:43 AM
Because they are completely spoiled. Aaron Rodgers has been in all relative terms a pretty good quarterback, which apparently gives Packer fan the righteousness to dump all over Favre and forget all the good he brought to this franchise, and his dedication to the Green Bay Packers. If Aaron Rodgers shit his pants as the starting QB, Favre would still be revered by all Packer fans. They are spoiled to have such a long span of time being led by two of the best qbs in the game.

Yes, this is what has happened: nobody likes Favre and what he did for Green Bay! Nobody! Nobody! Wahhhhhhh!

http://www.zgeek.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/baby-crying.jpg

ThunderDan
01-12-2013, 10:47 AM

No you are trying to stir up BF shit. Why today? It's a Packer playoff game not a BF day and especially not a MINN vs SF from previous years day!

woodbuck27
01-12-2013, 10:50 AM
No you are trying to stir up BF shit. Why today? It's a Packer playoff game not a BF day and especially not a MINN vs SF from previous years day!

Ahhhh! How old are you?

If you can't run with the big dogs!? Stay on the porch.

pbmax
01-12-2013, 10:51 AM
Anyone notice how the unblockable Justin Smith was blocked by a RB because Loadholt blew a stunt?

Pugger
01-12-2013, 10:54 AM
Too bad this entire thread cannot be permanently locked.

woodbuck27
01-12-2013, 10:59 AM
Too bad this entire thread cannot be permanently locked.

If your sensative to this thread.

Simply ignore it Pugger. It's not as if someone insulted your parents or your religion.

esoxx
01-12-2013, 11:09 AM

So, does this mean Bretzky's whammy thread is simply a fraud, a farce, a hoax? That wearing my lucky clothing is an exercise in futility? Say it ain't so Joe, say it ain't so!

ThunderDan
01-12-2013, 11:16 AM

It really doesn't help? Wow I never knew, thanks for enlightening me.:cry:

esoxx
01-12-2013, 11:16 AM
On a side note, I feel a bit of relief as now I can finally change my underwear.

woodbuck27
01-12-2013, 11:17 AM
So, does this mean Bretzky's whammy thread is simply a fraud, a farce, a hoax? That wearing my lucky clothing is an exercise in futility? Say it ain't so Joe, say it ain't so!

I hope your 'Lucky Clothing' is LUCKY today esoxx. :-)

ThunderDan
01-12-2013, 11:19 AM

Yes, because BF has already said on National TV that he wants nothing to do with TT. So yes TT to patch a broken relationship will make the first move or an "olive branch."

The Packers aready once tried to retire BF's number or did you forget?

ThunderDan
01-12-2013, 11:20 AM
Ahhhh! How old are you?

If you can't run with the big dogs!? Stay on the porch.

I could drag up your handful of Jenn Sterger posts but I will stay on the porch and let the master show the student how it is done.

woodbuck27
01-12-2013, 11:24 AM
I could drag up your handful of Jenn Sterger posts but I will stay on the porch and let the master show the student how it is done.

Jenn Sterger !?

Are you fantasizing her or willing to bring up that smut again?

I forgot her name months ago. You have not ?? Amazing!

esoxx
01-12-2013, 11:30 AM

Does this mean Scott Campbell has returned?

ThunderDan
01-12-2013, 12:01 PM
Does this mean Scott Campbell has returned?

I wish he would come back!!

denverYooper
01-12-2013, 01:25 PM
Anyone notice how the unblockable Justin Smith was blocked by a RB because Loadholt blew a stunt?

I've thought about this before. What percentage of plays do you think a DL/LB just gets stalemated on a play? What percentage of the time does one of those guys have to make a play in the backfield (TFL, Sack, disruption) to be considered unblockable? I bet that in many cases it's 10% or less of their total plays.

pbmax
01-12-2013, 01:28 PM
Here is a great Aaron Rodgers story from JSOnline and Gary D'Amato. Went back to his hometown and high school for stories. http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/nfc-division-playoffs-take-packers-aaron-rodgers-home-to-chico-c38bm7f-186579661.html

Couple of takeaways:

1. Remember the story about a college professor who railed against Rodgers (and the other football players in this class) and the sense of entitlement when asking to redo homework? Prof scoffed when Rodgers said he goal was to play in the NFL? A slightly different version of that same story appears here, but its in High School and his teacher is quoted by name. She was the wife of a football coach so Rodgers probably got this talk twice.

2. How do you slide in the NFL draft and how do rumors of drug use get started? When NFL personnel people, afraid of getting burned, start asking questions like this [his high school's QB coach is quoted relaying the questions of a personnel guy]: ""He said, 'Guys like this don't just fall out of the sky. What's the real story on the kid? Was it drugs?' " Souza said. "The guy kept pushing and pushing. Was it drugs? Alcohol? No, he just grew late. When he was 15 he was 5-3 and 115 and he wasn't on anybody's radar."

3. Same teacher as #1 took ill during class and Rodgers assisted her. When he came back to class, he had the teacher's book and started teaching the class in her stead.

pbmax
01-12-2013, 01:29 PM
I've thought about this before. What percentage of plays do you think a DL/LB just gets stalemated on a play? What percentage of the time does one of those guys have to make a play in the backfield (TFL, Sack, disruption) to be considered unblockable? I bet that in many cases it's 10% or less of their total plays.

Reasonable. Stalemated, if the other defenders also can maintain the shape of the D, can be a winning position for a defense. Esp. against the run.

woodbuck27
01-13-2013, 08:13 AM
Yes, because BF has already said on National TV that he wants nothing to do with TT. So yes TT to patch a broken relationship will make the first move or an "olive branch."

The Packers aready once tried to retire BF's number or did you forget?

Timeline TunderDan !?

Post your timeline please. I've posted over and over again this fact:

Brett Favre says clearly that it was his best impression that any ill will or bad feelings between himself and anything Packer management was over( in an interview with the media) following the last New York Jets game. Try to find that interview and you'll see it for yourself.

Please discover this TRUTH. You owe it to yourself to be informed. I encourage you to discover this TRUTH.

Otherwise... this is 'a day of grieving', another season down the tubes. Moreso one that reveals much that needs to be improved on the team we both support.

I'm not here to argue nonsence with you or anyone else regarding a Green Bay Packer GREAT.

The TRUTH and all the inspiration you or any Packer fan ever really needs to discover. In specific terms of that fact is logged in NFL history.

Open your eyes, mind and heart. Try to use good sense.

Your a Green Bay Packer fan. So am I.

GO PACKERS !

woodbuck27
02-02-2013, 03:45 PM
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/early-lead/wp/2013/01/31/brett-favre-joins-nfl-network-for-super-bowl-xlvii/

Brett Favre joins NFL Network for Super Bowl XLVII

Posted by Cindy Boren on January 31, 2013 at 9:50 am

" The 43-year-old former quarterback for the Green Bay Packers, New York Jets and Minnesota Vikings will be an analyst on the NFL Network’s “NFL GameDay Morning,” which begins at 9 a.m. Sunday.

“I don’t miss the grind and stress of day-to-day football,” he told the Associated Press in an email, “but I do miss my teammates and coaches.” ..."

Patler
02-02-2013, 03:55 PM
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/early-lead/wp/2013/01/31/brett-favre-joins-nfl-network-for-super-bowl-xlvii/

Brett Favre joins NFL Network for Super Bowl XLVII

Posted by Cindy Boren on January 31, 2013 at 9:50 am

" The 43-year-old former quarterback for the Green Bay Packers, New York Jets and Minnesota Vikings will be an analyst on the NFL Network’s “NFL GameDay Morning,” which begins at 9 a.m. Sunday.

“I don’t miss the grind and stress of day-to-day football,” he told the Associated Press in an email, “but I do miss my teammates and coaches.” ..."

They forgot "Atlanta Falcons".

pbmax
02-02-2013, 08:02 PM
Favre and Rodgers, in tandem, presented the comeback player of the year award tonight in New Orleans.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BCJJZZZCMAECnlL.jpg:large

woodbuck27
02-02-2013, 08:28 PM
Favre and Rodgers, in tandem, presented the comeback player of the year award tonight in New Orleans.

http://blogs.twincities.com/vikings/2013/02/02/brett-favre-emerges-with-aaron-rodgers/

woodbuck27
02-02-2013, 09:06 PM
Then there's this release Re: Favre and Rodgers presenting Peyton Manning with the Comeback Player of the Year Award:

http://www.nflgridirongab.com/favre-and-rodgers-present-peyton-manning-with-comeback-player-of-the-year-award/

RashanGary
02-02-2013, 09:30 PM
Favre looks cool with the grey hair and glasses. Kind of has that Richard Gear look.

woodbuck27
02-02-2013, 09:35 PM
Favre looks cool with the grey hair and glasses. Kind of has that Richard Gear look.

Yea your right:

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTEaF7KsxwbHPabTqnFEvm2Kkui3Tvtf Qkr7ISC4n-5CV8VyanwEg

RashanGary
02-02-2013, 09:36 PM
Dude has aged well. I'm sure he can pull 40 year old pussy with the best of them.

Bossman641
02-02-2013, 09:47 PM

Could this mean the healing process is ready to begin?

Joemailman
02-02-2013, 10:33 PM
Could this mean the healing process is ready to begin?

I'm not sure Favre really has a problem with Rodgers. His problem is with TT. Hard to say whether it's a start of a healing process, or just an isolated situation that won't lead to anything further.

RashanGary
02-03-2013, 09:29 AM
I was kind of impressed when Peyton Manning called them two of the greatest QBs of all time. That's a really big compliment to Aaron Rodgers. It also really smooths over some of the rejection factor. I was pissed at Favre when he fought the system so hard and made everyone in GB (from MM to AR to TT) look horrible. But. . . . . He was equally hurt, if not more. The Packers were a group, ditching a member of the family. As much as football meant to Favre, that was a huge blow. Same as Jennings. His group is like a 2nd family to him and he's getting booted to the curb. I know it's not that way, but it seems they feel that way and I understand it. Favre cried when he said they were just doing it for Aaron. It was like some guy was beating his dog, living in his house, sleeping in his bed and riding his wife.

Having Manning call them two of the greatest. . . To me, it shows you can have both, that football isn't one or the other. It's not like marriage. The memories and time together are not diminished when a team moves on or a player retires. Favre's legacy is Favre's. Aaron's is Aarons and being members of the same team, being a successor and predecessor doesn't mean all that much.

I do think the healing has begun, and if more people can put it in the light Peyton Manning did, I think it will come to the point where Aaron and Brett can hold their heads high individually and together for bringing an era of great QB play that may last longer for a franchise than ever before and maybe ever again. Congrats to both.

It's been 20 years of steady HOF QB play in GB. When it's all said and done, it could be 30. We're lucky fans.

pbmax
02-03-2013, 09:29 AM
I'm not sure Favre really has a problem with Rodgers. His problem is with TT. Hard to say whether it's a start of a healing process, or just an isolated situation that won't lead to anything further.

It does remove one big roadblock, if nothing else. Rodgers seemed to hint about this on his radio show last week and I would love to know how much back and forth there was to get this done.

woodbuck27
02-03-2013, 11:40 AM

" His problem is with TT. " Joemailman

Give us some real proof of your contention ... please.

I don't buy that's real at all. Back yourself up please or let go of the nonsence.

Brett Favre is way past holding a grudge against Ted Thompson and it's been that way, certainly, by the end of his season in New York.

Your talking about one of the most down to earth people ever in Pro sports in Brett Favre. He doesn't hold any grudge now against Ted Thompson.

If you can prove your claim.... please.... do so.

KYPack
02-03-2013, 11:48 AM
BF is on the NFL Network SB show right now.

He is still the Beaver.

I never hated 4 during all this drama.

I was royally pissed at him when he signed with the team across the Mississippi.

That was a long time ago, now.

Go on Huckleberry Finn, you'll never change.

Pugger
02-03-2013, 12:11 PM
It does remove one big roadblock, if nothing else. Rodgers seemed to hint about this on his radio show last week and I would love to know how much back and forth there was to get this done.

Hopefully he'll reveal some of this next week during his final show of the season.

Freak Out
02-03-2013, 01:09 PM
DAYUM! Lord Favre looking good.

Joemailman
02-03-2013, 01:11 PM

I don't buy that's real at all. Back yourself up please or let go of the nonsence.

Brett Favre is way past holding a grudge against Ted Thompson and it's been that way, certainly, by the end of his season in New York.

Your talking about one of the most down to earth people ever in Pro sports in Brett Favre. He doesn't hold any grudge now against Ted Thompson.

If you can prove your claim....please....do so.

Bossman641
02-03-2013, 01:52 PM

When the Packers won the SB, Favre told Peppers in week 15 or 16 to beat the Packers and keep them out of the playoffs.

http://www.aglocreations.com/flash/images/soupnazi.jpg

NEXT

Joemailman
02-03-2013, 02:57 PM

If Rodgers has decided to take a positive role in healing the breach between Favre and the Packers, that would be huge. He's one guy who could bring fans along with him if he does that. Driver is the other.

Rutnstrut
02-03-2013, 02:59 PM
When the Packers won the SB, Favre told Peppers in week 15 or 16 to beat the Packers and keep them out of the playoffs.

http://www.aglocreations.com/flash/images/soupnazi.jpg

NEXT

So YOU overheard him say this?

MJZiggy
02-03-2013, 03:07 PM

At least 100 reported it, and NO ONE not even Favre denied it. If someone misquoted me to the press, there would be loud and public hell to pay. The lack of response is as good as confirmation considering the slam Favre's reputation took for having said it.

pbmax
02-03-2013, 03:08 PM

Sometimes we should Google before we post.

Deputy Nutz
02-03-2013, 03:18 PM
Favre said all was squashed and that he never had issues with Rodgers, it was an awkward segment because everyone was talking over each other. Favre did mention "other people" in terms of feelings, but did say everything was squashed on his end. Mooch asked him if he would be back in Green Bay soon, but Irving talked right over the question.

Kudos to Rodgers and Favre because for Packer fans every where this was a major step in the healing process. The Packers will never be complete without Favre and Favre's legacy will never be complete until he comes home to Green Bay.

Two other things, Favre was able to poke fun of himself for coming back in 2010, and when bounty gate was brought up he simply stated that he didn't make the plays needed to win the NFC Championship game in 2009.

Oh and Favre is not real good in front of the camera, he should stick to coaching high school football.

Patler
02-03-2013, 06:03 PM
All this talk about "healing" kind of cracks me up. I couldn't care less if the organization and Favre ever mend their fences or not. His legacy will be unchanged either way for me, and the organization will be neither less without him nor more if he returns.

He was entertaining while here, but has been gone a long time already, football-wise. I will not think less of him if he never shows up again in GB, nor more of him if he does. Same for the organization. What was done, was done and nothing in the future will change it for me.

Patler
02-03-2013, 06:07 PM

If that's the standard we are to apply, that first person recounts are all that is accepted. we might as well shut this place down because none of us, including you, will have much to write about; especially since you also ridicule any of our personal opinions generated from our direct observations.

pbmax
02-03-2013, 07:42 PM
All this talk about "healing" kind of cracks me up. I couldn't care less if the organization and Favre ever mend their fences or not. His legacy will be unchanged either way for me, and the organization will be neither less without him nor more if he returns.

He was entertaining while here, but has been gone a long time already, football-wise. I will not think less of him if he never shows up again in GB, nor more of him if he does. Same for the organization. What was done, was done and nothing in the future will change it for me.

I think people are interested in "healing" only so far as it prevents embarrassment while giving him a typical sendoff into retirement like White got. It would bring things to a nice, familiar conclusion.

Its not going to change opinions of him. Only the last memory of the guy is affected.

Patler
02-03-2013, 10:23 PM
I think people are interested in "healing" only so far as it prevents embarrassment while giving him a typical sendoff into retirement like White got. It would bring things to a nice, familiar conclusion.

Its not going to change opinions of him. Only the last memory of the guy is affected.

God took care of White's send off into retirement before the Packers could do much.
If the relationship with Favre doesn't "heal", the Packers should just wait and give God the first ceremony again. Shouldn't take more than about 50 years or so.

The Shadow
02-03-2013, 10:30 PM
Favre continues to be an assclown.
Let's move on.

swede
02-03-2013, 10:38 PM
I like the word assclown, though it makes no sense.

Surprisingly, I find myself letting go of my resentment and resuming my affection for the old goof.

And with his new look he and I could be broskis. I haven't seen his frames at Wal-Mart vision, so he might have spent more than me on the spectacles, though.

Next time I see him I may want to ask if he spent more than $85 after the Wal-Mart frequent shopper discount.

woodbuck27
02-03-2013, 10:51 PM
If you can prove your claim....please....do so.

Brett Favre says clearly that it was his best impression that any ill will or bad feelings between himself and anything Packer management was over( in an interview with the media) following the last New York Jets game. Try to find that interview and you'll see it for yourself.

Please find and read Brett Favre's post game interview with the media, following the Jets final game (a loss to the Miami Dolphins). Favre makes a clear statement in that interview that if there were bad feelings between himself (TT and MM) and added that both sides made errors...those bad feelings were now healed or words to that effect.

Feelings that were once raw are now healed. That's what time should do and this is certainly Brett Favre's position.

GO PACKERS !

woodbuck27
02-03-2013, 10:57 PM
God took care of White's send off into retirement before the Packers could do much.
If the relationship with Favre doesn't "heal", the Packers should just wait and give God the first ceremony again. Shouldn't take more than about 50 years or so.

Wow! That's so bitter. Yet you contend that you don't care about Brett Favre.

You don't have issues with Brett Favre. Rather you have issues with yourself man.

woodbuck27
02-03-2013, 11:05 PM
Let's move on.

Assclown! Come on man.

Brett Favre gave his heart to the Green Bay Packers and fans. Brett Favre will enter the HOF in his first year of eligibility. If the Packer Organization doesn't clue in and retire his number before his NFL HOF induction (and that will be very soon). The Green Bay Packer Organization will look very bad over that issue into perpetuity.

The Green Bay Packers and Brett Favre have some business to attend to. It will get done. Count on it.

That Sir is a fact you need to prepare for.

Iron Mike
02-03-2013, 11:10 PM
Let's move on.

He needs to face fact.

Patler
02-04-2013, 07:32 AM
Wow! That's so bitter. Yet you contend that you don't care about Brett Favre.

You don't have issues with Brett Favre. Rather you have issues with yourself man.

Good lord, lighten up. I was being facetious, thus the flippant reference to waiting only about 50 years or so.

Kiwon
02-04-2013, 09:21 AM
NFL Network OD'd on Favre for about a hour yesterday and it was pretty good, I guess.

But Favre's speaking style is definitely NOT for a fast-paced show or segment. I was starting to worry if he were dealing with concussions or something.

But there at the end, he perked up and came through. A 4th quarter comeback, if you will.

One thing was obvious, though. He has the respect of all the ex-players. He's totally gray now and looks older than his years, but players love the guy and Favre is great at telling a story.

Favre and A-Rod did a good job at the NFL Honors the night before as well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5eJEgQKeE

Cheesehead Craig
02-04-2013, 09:53 AM
Big props to Manning for the comment that he and Luck will be on stage presenting the award someday.

Bossman641
02-04-2013, 10:00 AM

Please find and read Brett Favre's post game interview with the media, following the Jets final game (a loss to the Miami Dolphins). Favre makes a clear statement in that interview that if there were bad feelings between himself (TT and MM) and added that both sides made errors...those bad feelings were now healed or words to that effect.

Feelings that were once raw are now healed. That's what time should do and this is certainly Brett Favre's position.

GO PACKERS !

So, according to your story, the bad feelings were gone in January 2009? That doesn't explain him telling Peppers in week 15 (December 20, 2010) to beat the Packers. You don't think that's a little peculiar? He didn't tell Peppers good luck with the Jets in week 16. He told them beat the Packers in week 17. That's not strange to you? Favre gets knocked out of the game, plays his last snap ever, and he has Packers on the brain?

pbmax
02-04-2013, 10:41 AM
Big props to Manning for the comment that he and Luck will be on stage presenting the award someday.

Would have been funnier if he had then paused and said "I can't wait."

Cheesehead Craig
02-04-2013, 10:50 AM
Would have been funnier if he had then paused and said "I can't wait."

Well now you're just being nit-picky. You nit-picker person.

ThunderDan
02-04-2013, 11:23 AM
So, according to your story, the bad feelings were gone in January 2009? That doesn't explain him telling Peppers in week 15 (December 20, 2010) to beat the Packers. You don't think that's a little peculiar? He didn't tell Peppers good luck with the Jets in week 16. He told them beat the Packers in week 17. That's not strange to you? Favre gets knocked out of the game, plays his last snap ever, and he has Packers on the brain?

You will not listen to the truth. It is time to face fact regarding this issue.

When BF says something to the public he is being completely truthful.:razz:

woodbuck27
02-04-2013, 11:57 AM

Brett Favre will go down in history as an exceptional Green Bay Packer quarterback. Think of him as you feel you must. Most NFL fans will 'only' go there or acknowledge his outstanding accomplishments. Why? It's based in common sense.

I'm a Canadian so a big part of my life as sports fan has been more than just football. I've like the NFL, been a NHL, MLB and NBA fan for about 55 years. I supported the Green Bay Packers in the 1960's. I've always been a proud Green Bay Packer fan. As such I've experienced alot. The good the bad and the ugly.

I'm a Pro sports fan. Very often when a player is dealt from one NHL team to another. That player is expected to, or 'want revenge' on his old team, by playing well against that team. Sometimes the resentment is big and that player simply wishes that his old team plays badly without his services. He wants his old team to fall on their collective ass's. This isn't abnormal and often it's just simple gamemanship.

You and some others here want to, IMO, grasp at straws and take a simple matter of gamemanship (even if that's true) against Brett Favre to justify your angst over him.

Do you even imagine how crushed he must have felt being rejected by the Green Bay Packers given the last outstanding season he had with our team? You hang onto that flippant comment to Julius Peppers, as opposed to all the positives as an NFL QB after Ted Thompson traded him to the New York Jets.

You choose to ignore his post Packer play helped the New York Jets almost get into the post season, after a 4 win season the year before, even playing when not at 100% health. You discount what he did in his first year returning to play the Packers in a Viking uniform. How he almost led the Vikings the following year to another Super Bowl appearance in his final NFL season. Favre's final season 'in final analysis' was extremely successful.

Brett Favre will absolutely be a first ballot HOFer. He dedicated by far the best part of his adult life to helping the Green Bay Packers return to elite status in the NFL. In his career he set every major passing record. He's the ultimate 'Iron Man' in the NFL. All that is set aside because of some simple post Green Bay Packer gamemanship!? I will never get it. I will never agree with it either. It's just silliness to hold a grudge against a man such as Brett Favre has been 'in the BIG picture'. Especially so being a Green Bay Packer fan.

Think about it in that context.

GO PACKERS !

ThunderDan
02-04-2013, 12:03 PM
Brett Favre will absolutely be a first ballot HOFer. He dedicated by far the best part of his adult life to helping the Green Bay Packers return to elite status in the NFL. In his career he set every major passing record. He's the ultimate 'Iron Man' in the NFL. All that is set aside because of some simple post Green Bay Packer gamemanship!?

GO PACKERS !

No one on here has argued that BF isn't a first ballot HOFer. No one here has argued that he isn't the league leader in almost every statistical category.

We are discussing if BF holds a grudge against TT. All the records that BF holds has nothing to do with this discussion.

woodbuck27
02-04-2013, 01:06 PM
No one on here has argued that BF isn't a first ballot HOFer. No one here has argued that he isn't the league leader in almost every statistical category.

We are discussing if BF holds a grudge against TT. All the records that BF holds has nothing to do with this discussion.

Brett Favre holds 'no grudge' against Ted Thompson.

On 2008-12-28 the Miami Dolphins defeated the New York Jets 24-17 at The Meadowlands in what was essentially an elimination game to make the post season. After that game Brett Favre met with the media and 'he clearly stated', that in his mind there was 'no longer' any ill will between himself and Ted Thompson.

That's a truthful fact.

ThunderDan
02-04-2013, 01:15 PM

On 2008-12-28 the Miami Dolphins defeated the New York Jets 24-17 at The Meadowlands in what was essentially an elimination game to make the post season. After that game Brett Favre met with the media and 'he clearly stated', that in his mind there was 'no longer' any ill will between himself and Ted Thompson.

That's a truthful fact.

And people don't lie?

Why in 2010 did Favre say something completely different to Julius Peppers of the CHI Bears that contadicts that statement?

Why after the 2007 season tell GB he was going to retire and hold a press conference saying he was going to retire?

Why after the 2008 season did he tell the GM of the NYJ that he was really done this time and he wanted to be released from the team?

From the above there seems to be a lot of BF said this and did that.

I don't hold it against BF that he wanted to continue his football career. I just don't like the way he went about it . He and Bus Cook were expert manipulators doing everything they could to get BF to MINN where he would have a shot to get back at TT and the Pack.

woodbuck27
02-04-2013, 01:33 PM
And people don't lie?

Why in 2010 did Favre say something completely different to Julius Peppers of the CHI Bears that contadicts that statement?

Why after the 2007 season tell GB he was going to retire and hold a press conference saying he was going to retire?

Why after the 2008 season did he tell the GM of the NYJ that he was really done this time and he wanted to be released from the team?

From the above there seems to be a lot of BF said this and did that.

I don't hold it against BF that he wanted to continue his football career. I just don't like the way he went about it . He and Bus Cook were expert manipulators doing everything they could to get BF to MINN where he would have a shot to get back at TT and the Pack.

That's sad that that gets you so pissed.

ThunderDan
02-04-2013, 01:54 PM
That's sad that that gets you so pissed.

Actually I am not pissed at BF anymore.

I just can't stand that some people need to lie and distort BF to try to make what really happened fit their image of BF the savior of Green Bay.

Zool
02-04-2013, 02:04 PM
Brett Favre gave his heart to the Green Bay Packers and fans.

All he got in return was ~$150million, his own locker room and 2 retirement ceremonies.

woodbuck27
02-04-2013, 02:26 PM
Actually I am not pissed at BF anymore.

I just can't stand that some people need to lie and distort BF to try to make what really happened fit their image of BF the savior of Green Bay.

a) I'm not a lier RE: Brett Favre

b) I never stated that Brett Favre was the 'Saviour of Green Bay'.

You cannot contend with either of the above and back yourself up. Let it go please.

cheesner
02-04-2013, 02:53 PM

That's a truthful fact.

Come on, man. He 'clearly stated' that he then signed with Minnesota so that he could 'stick it to Ted'. Does that sound like he no longer had any ill will? He said something in an interview and said 'the right things' to make himself look good.

Bossman641
02-04-2013, 02:55 PM
Brett Favre will go down in history as an exceptional Green Bay Packer quarterback. Think of him as you feel you must. Most NFL fans will 'only' go there or acknowledge his outstanding accomplishments. Why? It's based in common sense.

I'm a Canadian so a big part of my life as sports fan has been more than just football. I've like the NFL, been a NHL, MLB and NBA fan for about 55 years. I supported the Green Bay Packers in the 1960's. I've always been a proud Green Bay Packer fan. As such I've experienced alot. The good the bad and the ugly.

I'm a Pro sports fan. Very often when a player is dealt from one NHL team to another. That player is expected to, or 'want revenge' on his old team, by playing well against that team. Sometimes the resentment is big and that player simply wishes that his old team plays badly without his services. He wants his old team to fall on their collective ass's. This isn't abnormal and often it's just simple gamemanship.

You and some others here want to, IMO, grasp at straws and take a simple matter of gamemanship (even if that's true) against Brett Favre to justify your angst over him.

Do you even imagine how crushed he must have felt being rejected by the Green Bay Packers given the last outstanding season he had with our team? You hang onto that flippant comment to Julius Peppers, as opposed to all the positives as an NFL QB after Ted Thompson traded him to the New York Jets.

You choose to ignore his post Packer play helped the New York Jets almost get into the post season, after a 4 win season the year before, even playing when not at 100% health. You discount what he did in his first year returning to play the Packers in a Viking uniform. How he almost led the Vikings the following year to another Super Bowl appearance in his final NFL season. Favre's final season 'in final analysis' was extremely successful.

Brett Favre will absolutely be a first ballot HOFer. He dedicated by far the best part of his adult life to helping the Green Bay Packers return to elite status in the NFL. In his career he set every major passing record. He's the ultimate 'Iron Man' in the NFL. All that is set aside because of some simple post Green Bay Packer gamemanship!? I will never get it. I will never agree with it either. It's just silliness to hold a grudge against a man such as Brett Favre has been 'in the BIG picture'. Especially so being a Green Bay Packer fan.

Think about it in that context.

GO PACKERS !

Stay on track WB. I'm not arguing any of the above regarding his playing career, accomplishments, awards, right to be upset, etc, etc.

You are trying to say that Favre was completely done and over the bitter feelings with the Pack in January 2009. I provided you an instance from December 2010 that shows that he was far from being through with those feelings. Nothing more nothing less.

Kiwon
02-04-2013, 08:47 PM
Come on, man. He 'clearly stated' that he then signed with Minnesota so that he could 'stick it to Ted'. Does that sound like he no longer had any ill will? He said something in an interview and said 'the right things' to make himself look good.

And when he signed with the Jets, he clearly intended to stick it to Jenn Sterger. :rs:

mraynrand
02-04-2013, 09:08 PM
And when he signed with the Jets, he clearly intended to stick it to Jenn Sterger. :rs:

gud one!

http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/archive/01169/arts-graphics-2006_1169913a.jpg

woodbuck27
02-05-2013, 01:46 PM
Stay on track WB. I'm not arguing any of the above regarding his playing career, accomplishments, awards, right to be upset, etc, etc.

You are trying to say that Favre was completely done and over the bitter feelings with the Pack in January 2009. I provided you an instance from December 2010 that shows that he was far from being through with those feelings. Nothing more nothing less.

Again if Brett Favre said to Julius Peppers "Go beat the Packers in a couple of weeks":

a) His remark was at most flippant ....

b) merely gamemanship and nothing to get all boiled over.

c) If he said it 'in hindsight'... best left unsaid. Why? Because some people are rather sensative to such things. They have sensative ego's. i.e. some Green Bay Packer fans.

As a Packer fan what do you really care what he said or why would it be an issue? Look at 'the big picture'. What happened in that game with the Bears? We won that final game of the 2010 season, secured a playoff position, and went on to do what? Win throughout the playoffs and get to and win the SUPER BOWL.

After that you and others here need to make issue of some flippant remark that Favre made to another NFL player as 'hate for the Green Bay Packers'. It's 'simple gamemanship' man. It's simply a part of Pro sports.

Let's wind it back one season; to the NFC playoffs in the 2009 season . Did you ever imagine that the bulk of Packer Nation was pulling for the Minnesota Vikings to knock off the New Orleans Saints in the NFC Championship game and advance to the Super Bowl? That Ted Thompson and Mike McCarthy and some Packer players sent their best wishes along to Brett Favre?

"Rah! Rah!! Brett!!! Go out there and take down those Saints Brett." an imaginary quote... fantasy

Bossman641
02-05-2013, 02:32 PM
Again if Brett Favre said to Julius Peppers "Go beat the Packers in a couple of weeks":

c) If he said it 'in hindsight'... best left unsaid. Why? Because some people are rather sensative to such things. They have sensative ego's. i.e. some Green Bay Packer fans.

As a Packer fan what do you really care what he said or why would it be an issue? Look at 'the big picture'. What happened in that game with the Bears? We won that final game of the 2010 season, secured a playoff position, and went on to do what? Win throughout the playoffs and get to and win the SUPER BOWL.

After that you and others here need to make issue of some flippant remark that Favre made to another NFL player as 'hate for the Green Bay Packers'. It's 'simple gamemanship' man. It's simply a part of Pro sports.

Let's wind it back one season; to the NFC playoffs in the 2009 season . Did you ever imagine that the bulk of Packer Nation was pulling for the Minnesota Vikings to knock off the New Orleans Saints in the NFC Championship game and advance to the Super Bowl? That Ted Thompson and Mike McCarthy and some Packer players sent their best wishes along to Brett Favre?

"Rah! Rah!! Brett!!! Go out there and take down those Saints Brett." an imaginary quote... fantasy

So which is it? Did he say it and Packer fans are too sensitive, or was he done with his bad feelings towards the Packers in Jan 2009? Can't really have it both ways.

Deputy Nutz
02-05-2013, 02:45 PM

Man, she was hot. I still find it funny how she wanted to protect her career, then blabbed to deadspin and she was never heard from again, unless you count punch lines.

woodbuck27
02-05-2013, 02:46 PM
So which is it? Did he say it and Packer fans are too sensitive, or was he done with his bad feelings towards the Packers in Jan 2009? Can't really have it both ways.

Holy Cow! How's this for you.

He took a heavy pounding that day and 'just maybe' he was post concussive; muttered the wrong thing. In doing so he neglected the sensative feelings of some Packer fans. :idea:

I'm sorry after over two years that this is still a huge issue with you and some others here at Packerrats. I truly feel sad for you.

Ohh 'the gnashing of teeth' what an echo. :-)

Arn't you paying attention to Brett Favre. Over and over that man has repeatedly said that he has the fondest regards for Green Bay Packer fans and feels he gave his best as the Packer QB. That man still bleeds the Green and Gold. Even this weekend he told us, that he felt that the teams that would go to the Super Bowl would be 'the Green Bay Packers and the New England Patriots'. Did you miss that?

Deputy Nutz
02-05-2013, 02:49 PM
I am huge Favre honk, and believe me when I tell you , he wanted to shove it up Thompson's ass just as he wanted to shove it up sterger's ass.

He was disgusted with Thompson ever since he took Rodgers in the first round instead of drafting pieces that would help the Packers win right away. Favre truly dislikes that man. I would say the same for Thompson but he is void of emotion. Favre will and has always loved the franchise, and the fans of the Packers.

ThunderDan
02-05-2013, 02:54 PM

And what would have happened if the Bears had beaten the Packers in the last game of the 2010 regular season like BF wanted?

Psssttt...We miss the playoffs and no Super Bowl!

George Cumby
02-05-2013, 03:01 PM
Aaaaahhhhhhh...... The post-season after losing in the Divisional Round with lots of doubt and questions about the team. Time for us to turn upon one another and rend each other's flesh like rats in a sociology experiment.

Cheesehead Craig
02-05-2013, 03:04 PM
Aaaaahhhhhhh...... The post-season after losing in the Divisional Round with lots of doubt and questions about the team. Time for us to turn upon one another and rend each other's flesh like rats in a sociology experiment.

Can I be part of a sorority experiment instead?

mraynrand
02-05-2013, 03:07 PM
I am huge Favre honk, and believe me when I tell you , he wanted to shove it up Thompson's ass just as he wanted to shove it up sterger's ass.

He was disgusted with Thompson ever since he took Rodgers in the first round instead of drafting pieces that would help the Packers win right away. Favre truly dislikes that man. I would say the same for Thompson but he is void of emotion. Favre will and has always loved the franchise, and the fans of the Packers.

Favre being angry with TT is like the auto assembly line worker being angry at the new automated computerized welding machine that takes his job.

Piss off!
http://www.accubilt.com/images/welding_img1.jpg

Deputy Nutz
02-05-2013, 03:08 PM
I don't disagree.

mraynrand
02-05-2013, 03:09 PM
Man, she was hot.

She had very large, attractive bags of saline embedded in her chest

woodbuck27
02-05-2013, 03:10 PM
And what would have happened if the Bears had beaten the Packers in the last game of the 2010 regular season like BF wanted?

Psssttt...We miss the playoffs and no Super Bowl!

How old are you? What if...what if....come on.

It didn't matter a hoot what Brett Favre said or not to Julius Peppers when it came down to game day and Bears @ Packers. All that mattered was how the Packer players performed that day. The results on the field.

Maybe 'just maybe' what Brett Favre said to Julius Peppers was a blessing in disguise. An added incentive for our players to ensure defeating the Bears!?

mraynrand
02-05-2013, 03:10 PM
'just maybe' he was post concussive; muttered the wrong thing.

The devil made him do it!

woodbuck27
02-05-2013, 03:11 PM

It's the of season at Packerrats.

Rats will be rats. :lol:

woodbuck27
02-05-2013, 03:22 PM

Deputy... of course he did. That's just common sense to know that. It's a fact of life and good reason (or normal behaviour) in Pro Sports. Sadly some Packer fans just don't get it when most sports fans take that crap all in stride. I'm used to that being an NHL fan. Scoring a hat trick against your old team is supposed to bring on the widest grin. It's supposed to be 'a feel good ' moment.

The question I ask is: What makes Green Bay Packer fans so unrealistic in terms of understanding this fact of life. Why do Packer fans have to carry that crap around for what may be forever? That's 'just' foolish.

Actually it might lend itself to an interesting psychiatric study. Why do Packer fans carry such pain over Brett Favre?

mraynrand
02-05-2013, 03:25 PM
Deputy... of course he did. That's just common sense to know that. It's a fact of life and good reason (or normal behaviour) in Pro Sports. Sadly some Packer fans just don't get it when most sports fans take that crap all in stride. I'm used to that being an NHL fan. Scoring a hat trick against your old team is supposed to bring on the widest grin. It's supposed to be 'a feel good ' moment.

The question I ask is: What makes Green Bay Packer fans so unrealistic in terms of understanding this fact of life. Why do Packer fans have to carry that crap around for what may be forever? That's 'just' foolish.

Actually it might lend itself to an interesting psychiatric study. Why do Packer fans carry such pain over Brett Favre?

And I'm sure you enjoy it when a former player lights your team up for a hat trick. What a * you are.

*deleted to retain some semblance of civility.

woodbuck27
02-05-2013, 03:25 PM
The devil made him do it!

Brett Favre was so bad that day. Is it really 'just' that?

Bossman641
02-05-2013, 03:40 PM
Holy Cow! How's this for you.

He took a heavy pounding that day and 'just maybe' he was post concussive; muttered the wrong thing. In doing so he neglected the sensative feelings of some Packer fans. :idea:

I'm sorry after over two years that this is still a huge issue with you and some others here at Packerrats. I truly feel sad for you.

Ohh 'the gnashing of teeth' what an echo. :-)

Arn't you paying attention to Brett Favre. Over and over that man has repeatedly said that he has the fondest regards for Green Bay Packer fans and feels he gave his best as the Packer QB. That man still bleeds the Green and Gold. Even this weekend he told us, that he felt that the teams that would go to the Super Bowl would be 'the Green Bay Packers and the New England Patriots'. Did you miss that?

Actually I'm over the Favre thing and look forward to the day when he is welcomed back into Lambeau. I just don't feel the need to lie to make him look better then he is, which is why I corrected your version of the story. Thanks for your concern though.

Bossman641
02-05-2013, 04:13 PM
Just another reason to like Aaron Rodgers

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcnorth/post/_/id/52956/aaron-rodgers-cleans-up-for-packers-favre

Five years have passed since the Green Bay Packers divorced Brett Favre. During that time, we've waited for someone to step toward reconciliation. As it turns out, the most qualified candidate was a third party with a vested interest in making amends for both sides.

Speaking Tuesday on his ESPN 540 radio show, Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers confirmed his role in arranging a joint appearance with Favre at the NFL Honors show Saturday night in New Orleans. Rodgers made clear that he wants to see Favre re-enter the Packers family and hopes the reunion is part of his own legacy in Green Bay.

"As the face of the franchise now," Rodgers said, "[it's] a role that I take very seriously. I have the responsibility and enjoy having the opportunity to represent my team. I think it's important to realize that it is probably time to move forward."

It was hard to envision this day coming during the summer of 2008, when Favre attempted to force his way back onto the team -- and reclaim the job Rodgers had inherited -- after announcing his retirement. The ensuing chaos scuttled the Packers' season, and in 2009, Favre beat the Packers twice as a member of the Minnesota Vikings.

But the Packers' Super Bowl XLV championship in 2010, coinciding with Favre's retirement, began a healing process for both sides. Rodgers said producers from the NFL Honors show pitched the idea of making a joint presentation and, after thinking it over, he decided it could serve as a springboard for more important things.

Rodgers said he talked on the phone with Favre before the event. They also spent a "good amount of time" backstage arranging the routine that Rodgers claimed was entirely comfortable and devoid of the awkwardness it portrayed.

("That was the joke," Rodgers said, who added that the original plan was for the pair to start hugging but then back away and say, "Too soon?" Apparently the plan was better than the execution.)

Prior to that phone conversation, Rodgers and Favre hadn't spoken much since 2008 -- a distance I've always attributed to their distinctly different personalities as well as the inherent tension of a Hall of Fame succession. In the end, however, it was probably on Rodgers -- for lack of a better phrase -- to be the grown-up here. Favre wasn't likely to beg the Packers for forgiveness, and if Packers president Mark Murphy or general manager Ted Thompson have reached out to Favre, it has not been reported publicly.

"It didn't take a lot of coaxing for me to do it," Rodgers said. "I did want to sit and think about whether it was the right thing to do. I really feel very secure in my position with the team and feel good about the things that we've been able to accomplish in my five years as the starter, and feel good about the direction the organization is going in.

"Brett is two years removed from the game. He's going to obviously be in the Packers Hall of Fame. He'll get his number retired, and he'll be in the Pro Football Hall of Fame in the next few years. It's important, I think, to make sure that he's recognized for all the accomplishments that he's achieved in our organization especially. He's still very dear to many of our fans for the things that he's done for the Packers on the field. You can never take that away.

"As the face of the franchise, I felt like it was important that I took a leadership role in that. Not that one was needed now, but I thought it was good timing to just let the fans know, let Brett know, let's move forward. Let's heal things up and let's move forward."

I do think that it would help for Favre and Thompson to clear the air between them before the Packers schedule a Brett Favre Day at Lambeau Field. But the first step is always the most important one, and Rodgers deserves credit for making it happen. As is often the case for children caught in the middle of a divorce, he was the most clear-thinking person in the group and thus served in the unifier role.

I'm sure some of you will think Rodgers is taking himself too seriously as the "face of franchise" and doubt the reach he can have in such a multilayered issue. You're certainly entitled to that opinion, but to me, it's a much more preferable approach than the alternative. I like that Rodgers will use the power inherent in being a team's franchise quarterback to effect greater good for the franchise. And pulling Favre back into the Packers family is without question good for everyone.

"… You think about what you want your legacy to be and how you want to be remembered," Rodgers said. "As I move forward … I think about how I want to be remembered, and this is one thing that I really want to move forward with."

Rodgers has long since escaped the shadow of Favre as a player. But the debacle of his unusual departure? In the end, Rodgers had to clean that up, too.

George Cumby
02-05-2013, 08:49 PM
PFT's take:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/02/05/aaron-rodgers-thinks-its-time-for-favre-to-re-enter-packers-family/

(Way to go, Aaron, way to go, Brett [I hope])

woodbuck27
02-06-2013, 04:40 PM
And I'm sure you enjoy it when a former player lights your team up for a hat trick. What a * you are.

*deleted to retain some semblance of civility.

Hey M. it's simply one of those it will be what it is moments.The facts of life. Sometimes things don't go our way exactly as we hope they will. Accepting that as a fact of life is a factor of maturity and not allowing any suffering is simply good health.

woodbuck27
02-06-2013, 04:54 PM
Actually I'm over the Favre thing and look forward to the day when he is welcomed back into Lambeau. I just don't feel the need to lie to make him look better then he is, which is why I corrected your version of the story. Thanks for your concern though.

As long as we can agree that I'm not supporting Favre in terms of me lieing about what I know we are fine. I would not tell a lie to misrepresent Brett Favre. I know what I read in terms of what Brett Favre said in the interview with the New York sports media at the conclusion of the 2008 season with the New York Jets. Clearly at that time Favre said that it was his impression that any bad feelings were over. That both sides had moved on.

Can I support that as the absolute TRUTH? NO. I'm just a fan and not that close to the principles.

Ted Thompson has been Ted Thompson and rather closed on the whole matter. All I get is what Favre says and demonstrates.

Where will this go. It must 'only' go one place.

A public display of forgivness on both sides with Brett Favre welcomed back to Lambeau Field in a ceremony for his many Packer fans; honoured by an induction in the Green Bay Packer HOF and his number retired as appropriate. It's time for the embarassment to end.

woodbuck27
02-06-2013, 05:12 PM
Just another reason to like Aaron Rodgers

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcnorth/post/_/id/52956/aaron-rodgers-cleans-up-for-packers-favre

I just read this and it's all good. I tip my hat to Aaron Rodgers for taking the lead here. That's excellent stuff and commendable in terms of his leadership as a Green Bay Packer player.

Now it's time for the principles in the Green Bay Packer Organization to restore a better spirit of good will in Packer Nation as concerns this issue.

It's time to seriously consider the final steps to honor Brett Favre's legacy to the Green Bay Packers. To induct Brett Favre in the Green bay Packer Hall of Fame and retire his number. To get that done and to initiate the benefits of a total healing for the principles and some Packer fans.

GO PACKERS !

ThunderDan
02-06-2013, 07:35 PM
I just read this and it's all good. I tip my hat to Aaron Rodgers for taking the lead here. That's excellent stuff and commendable in terms of his leadership as a Green Bay Packer player.

Now it's time for the principles in the Green Bay Packer Organization to restore a better spirit of good will in Packer Nation as concerns this issue.
It's time to seriously consider the final steps to honor Brett Favre's legacy to the Green Bay Packers. To induct Brett Favre in the Green bay Packer Hall of Fame and retire his number. To get that done and to initiate the benefits of a total healing for the principles and some Packer fans.

GO PACKERS !

The Packers have already tried to retire his jersey once.

woodbuck27
02-06-2013, 08:15 PM

Really ! Well they have to try again. :razz:

Bretsky
02-06-2013, 08:25 PM
Did everyone watch his interview with Deon Sanders; it's obvious he still has issues with TT and still does from that interview. I think that happened last year. It was a two part. He came accross better than in the past but there are still issues in his mind

ThunderDan
02-06-2013, 08:37 PM

Yes, it was supposed to be the MINN-GB game in Lambeau to kick-off the 2008 season.

Patler
02-06-2013, 08:44 PM

Woodbuck;

You didn't know or remember that they had already made plans for it? They announced it publicly shortly after he retired. Announced tentative plans for what the day would be like and everything.

That's why when he was asked about it two years ago, Murphy quipped that this time they would wait long enough to make sure that he was staying retired before planning a ceremony. It got a pretty good laugh.

KYPack
02-06-2013, 08:49 PM
Did everyone watch his interview with Deon Sanders; it's obvious he still has issues with TT and still does from that interview. I think that happened last year. It was a two part. He came accross better than in the past but there are still issues in his mind

Yeah, it was pretty good.

Even better was the roundtable with Deon, Kurt Warner, M Faulk, Sapp, & Mooch.

Re: the Deon sessions, yeah there is still bad blood and it runs deep.

Joemailman
02-06-2013, 09:00 PM

Favre said he assumes he’ll some day return to Green Bay, where he played from 1992 to 2007 and was named NFL MVP three times. But he doesn’t know when that will be, and he doesn’t think he needs to see his jersey hung up to show what he accomplished.

“That day will come. I haven’t lost any sleep over it, nor have they, I think,” Favre said. “What I did speaks for itself. What I left behind speaks for itself.”

When Favre said he doesn't know when a retirement ceremony will take place, I took that to mean he doesn't know how long Ted Thompson will be in the Packer organization. The timing is really up to him. The Packers, I believe want a reconcilement before Favre's Canton induction, but Favre has to be a willing participant. There was some hope last year that inviting Favre to Holmgren's Packer HOF induction would be a start to a reconcilement, but much to the chagrin of people like Bob Harlan, Favre didn't show. There is now some hope that his appearance with Rodgers will lead to something. We'll see.

Patler
02-06-2013, 09:15 PM
There was some hope last year that inviting Favre to Holmgren's Packer HOF induction would be a start to a reconcilement, but much to the chagrin of people like Bob Harlan, Favre didn't show.

I had forgotten about that.

woodbuck27
02-07-2013, 09:56 AM
Yes, it was supposed to be the MINN-GB game in Lambeau to kick-off the 2008 season.

Yes but the Green Bay Packer organization wouldn't listen to Brett Favre. He still was hungry for a Super Bowl victory. That's what being a competitive NFL player is all about. Nothing else matters to such players that have the juice. Brett Favre certainly had 'that juice'.

Favre still felt he had it to get a decent team to the show and he damn near pulled that off as a Viking. He couldn't attend a Green Bay Packer HOF etc. ceremony and be on the quest for another Super Bowl.

GO PACKERS !

Zool
02-07-2013, 10:00 AM
March 6 2008

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kACbVGsWN74

woodbuck27
02-07-2013, 10:04 AM
PFT's take:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/02/05/aaron-rodgers-thinks-its-time-for-favre-to-re-enter-packers-family/

(Way to go, Aaron, way to go, Brett [I hope])

I"ll add this 'bigger picture look' to your post George. This is a decent synopsis of the most of it. The Brett Favre and Green Bay Packer drama. Of course, Brett Favre plays 'good cop - bad cop' in this drama. It omits the post game chat between Favre and Julius Peppers in Dec. 2010.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1518177-brett-favre-must-swallow-his-pride-and-embrace-the-green-bay-packers

Please, note the poll in this article.

woodbuck27
02-07-2013, 10:08 AM
Woodbuck;

You didn't know or remember that they had already made plans for it? They announced it publicly shortly after he retired. Announced tentative plans for what the day would be like and everything.

That's why when he was asked about it two years ago, Murphy quipped that this time they would wait long enough to make sure that he was staying retired before planning a ceremony. It got a pretty good laugh.

Patler, 'of course' I recall it all. Are you not aware of my positions on this forum (and others) and all things Brett Favre? I do my best to try to pay attention.

woodbuck27
02-07-2013, 10:18 AM
This is kinda amusing. What if the Packers had given in to Bret Favre and allowed him to continue as their NO.1 QB in the 2008 season??

http://www.nfl.com/videos/n-if-l/09000d5d8223e162/N-if-L-What-if-Favre-stayed-a-Packer

woodbuck27
02-07-2013, 10:36 AM
When Favre said he doesn't know when a retirement ceremony will take place, I took that to mean he doesn't know how long Ted Thompson will be in the Packer organization. The timing is really up to him. The Packers, I believe want a reconcilement before Favre's Canton induction, but Favre has to be a willing participant. There was some hope last year that inviting Favre to Holmgren's Packer HOF induction would be a start to a reconcilement, but much to the chagrin of people like Bob Harlan, Favre didn't show. There is now some hope that his appearance with Rodgers will lead to something. We'll see.

Can't any of you not understand issues between Ted Thompson and Brett Favre? Are they much alike and both such warm and down to earth people? These two men couldn't be more unalike.

That whole thing from the beginning could have been handled alot better except fpr the personalities involved. Some people simply clash as an inherant disfunction of their manners and personalities.

I look at the hard facts. The black and white of it. How close was the Packer GM to Brett Favre and the events leading up to Favre's trade to the New York Jets. Ted Thompson sent Mike McCarthy to do, essentially his job. I know the issues between Ted Thompson and Favre began long before that time. It's always been my perspective that that was a marriage that was never going to work out.

The real issue here now is the Green Bay Packers and no personality clash can exceed the great story of the Green Bay Packer history and future. This is what all Packer fans need to see and gravitate to. To withdraw from the smallness of this whole thing.

GO PACKERS !

woodbuck27
02-07-2013, 11:00 AM

Hi B.

I've gone over that interview several times; trying to find some evidence of what you write above. Specifically Favre and any issues with Ted Thompson. I want to get some real evidence in terms of his public statements RE: Ted Thompson as to derogotory feelings about Ted Thompson.

PACKERS !

Pugger
02-09-2013, 11:00 AM
This is kinda amusing. What if the Packers had given in to Bret Favre and allowed him to continue as their NO.1 QB in the 2008 season??

http://www.nfl.com/videos/n-if-l/09000d5d8223e162/N-if-L-What-if-Favre-stayed-a-Packer

If he hadn't "retired" that March I think he would have been our starter if he beat out Rodgers in TC and that might not have been a sure thing.

George Cumby
02-09-2013, 11:28 AM
I"ll add this 'bigger picture look' to your post George. This is a decent synopsis of the most of it. The Brett Favre and Green Bay Packer drama. Of course, Brett Favre plays 'good cop - bad cop' in this drama. It omits the post game chat between Favre and Julius Peppers in Dec. 2010.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1518177-brett-favre-must-swallow-his-pride-and-embrace-the-green-bay-packers

Please, note the poll in this article.

My point is simply this: bearing long-term grudges and being unwilling to forgive is toxic and soul-destroying and therefore it is everyone's best interests for the hatchet to be buried. This bears true for Favre, Rodgers, M3, TT and, most importantly, the fans. I won't lie to anyone, I was disgusted with Favre and reveled in his meltdown during the Minn/NO game, I thought it just desserts for Favre, the Vikings and their fans. But I've moved on, it sounds like AR has moved on and this suggests that Favre may be on that path as well.

woodbuck27
02-10-2013, 03:06 PM
My point is simply this: bearing long-term grudges and being unwilling to forgive is toxic and soul-destroying and therefore it is everyone's best interests for the hatchet to be buried. This bears true for Favre, Rodgers, M3, TT and, most importantly, the fans. I won't lie to anyone, I was disgusted with Favre and reveled in his meltdown during the Minn/NO game, I thought it just desserts for Favre, the Vikings and their fans. But I've moved on, it sounds like AR has moved on and this suggests that Favre may be on that path as well.

Congratulations Packer fan and It's my hope that many more follow you.

Pugger
02-12-2013, 08:13 AM
Here is a photo I think we all should see!

http://www.packers.com/media-center/photo-gallery/Rodgers-and-Favre-appear-together-at-NFL-Honors/503ab6cf-24e2-4373-9a5d-f433544417b3#ec1643e7-b449-4517-9e68-04098bf5f565

pbmax
02-12-2013, 08:48 AM
This is supposed to be Favre in the drivers seat. https://twitter.com/MrYoYoSmith/status/301171202796437504/photo/1

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BC35nQACQAEh0u3.jpg:large

woodbuck27
02-15-2013, 11:13 AM
Here is a photo I think we all should see!

http://www.packers.com/media-center/photo-gallery/Rodgers-and-Favre-appear-together-at-NFL-Honors/503ab6cf-24e2-4373-9a5d-f433544417b3#ec1643e7-b449-4517-9e68-04098bf5f565

A nice moment. Alot of 'NFL QB' in that pick.

Three future HOFers !

woodbuck27
03-19-2013, 05:44 PM
http://www.espnmilwaukee.com/common/more.php?m=49&post_id=20101

Murphy on Favre number retirement: 'It's going to happen'.

Mar 18, 2013 -- 8:29pm

Comment woodbuck27:

Then....Get that done ASAP.

We don't want Favre tossing strikes to Greg Jennings and carrying him on his shoulders next season. Rumours are circulating that Brett Favre is getting that 'Old Time Feeling' after recent talks to Greg. Greg Jennings is causing more concerns than we realize.

How do we stop this happening in Minnesota Viking history?

http://www.espnmilwaukee.com/upload/Favre-Jenningspiggyback.jpg

GO PACK GO !

Cheesehead Craig
03-20-2013, 01:30 PM
Favre is not replacing Ponder in MN. One is seriously gullible if one believes there's another Favre comeback in MN. The Vikes are fully committed to Ponder this coming season.

woodbuck27
03-21-2013, 11:49 AM
Favre is not replacing Ponder in MN. One is seriously gullible if one believes there's another Favre comeback in MN. The Vikes are fully committed to Ponder this coming season.

I believe that your correct.

Smeefers
04-15-2013, 09:29 AM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000159601/article/brett-favre-disappointment-of-losing-led-to-retirement-talk

Brett Favre News.

woodbuck27
04-15-2013, 10:05 AM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000159601/article/brett-favre-disappointment-of-losing-led-to-retirement-talk

Brett Favre News.

I believe this .

Brett Favre will always be one of the very greatest of Green Bay Packers. He'll be a first ballot HOFer after he's inducted into the Green Bay Packers HOF and has his NO. 4 retired.

Brett Favre is certainly one of the most entertaining players in NFL history. He came to play and do his very best to win. He never shirked his duties. He was fun to watch on the field and the sidelines.

We were very fortunate to see Brett Favre in a Green Bay Packer jersey. He was a big reason that we left the 'Dark Ages', 1970 -1992 behind.

Long live 'the by far positive memory' of Brett Favre.

The Green Bay Packers !

woodbuck27
04-15-2013, 10:13 AM
http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQkmms4pn60GfJksqkWvdCHoppcACkbH gsrL51Gh66vaVKsOULKUQ

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSnT8zedW689-jcD5ovAi_iTeEK2VS-jAkqouyYu4vUHwORAfHNyA

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTWdlJiF9MNIMcjUF41xTwG0GMMAuZrT bpqO0fmzo_KHwMkp8ZpQa2o1CzZLQ

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQFc2WepUb_imThNTPknRdBysaClYQ_c KW93bioK7U-8CQuwScL

Brett FAVRE

swede
04-15-2013, 11:43 AM
At this point I only dial into the thread to see who bumped it.

Those who follow the game will remember Brett Favre for his interceptions and inability to retire properly.

Smeefers
04-15-2013, 01:44 PM
At this point I only dial into the thread to see who bumped it.

Those who follow the game will remember Brett Favre for his interceptions and inability to retire properly.

Ehh, it's news about a packer great. I enjoy reading about him, I figure some other people do as well. I also really like the idea of keeping it all in one place. Finally, I wouldn't mind seeing this sucker get to 10k.

swede
04-15-2013, 03:54 PM
Ehh, it's news about a packer great. I enjoy reading about him, I figure some other people do as well. I also really like the idea of keeping it all in one place. Finally, I wouldn't mind seeing this sucker get to 10k.

Smeefers, I am trying to stir the pot here. Can't you come up with an ad hominem attack? A 1,200 word screed listing all-time great moments in Favre history? An all-caps rant? If I can't stir the pot here I have to go the Better Homes and Gardens forum and declare that Little Debbie Zebra cakes are better than anything your grandma ever made.

pbmax
04-15-2013, 04:14 PM
No one stays retired like Favre! swede you're just a pot stirrer!

Just watch him enjoy the sunset years!

http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/180h8yk8w2so4gif/original.gif

Guiness
04-15-2013, 04:29 PM

That video is too good when you add Swede's bad lip reading...

-"Gatorade! HailMary! Hep...Dammit!"

Ha, found another video with some great lip reading clips! Gona start a thread, not post it here where hardly anyone looks!

MJZiggy
04-15-2013, 09:59 PM
Smeefers, I am trying to stir the pot here. Can't you come up with an ad hominem attack? A 1,200 word screed listing all-time great moments in Favre history? An all-caps rant? If I can't stir the pot here I have to go the Better Homes and Gardens forum and declare that Little Debbie Zebra cakes are better than anything your grandma ever made.
Well who the hell could argue with a statement like that, except maybe someone whose grandma had a thing for ho hos...ok somehow that just sounded all wrong.

woodbuck27
04-17-2013, 04:32 PM

http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/180h8yk8w2so4gif/original.gif

He always was a keener. :duel:

I wonder what he would be like as a cage fighter? Look the 'F' out men.

Ohh on that..... ** this fella is a die hard Green Bay Packer fan and he's clear on who's greater between Favre and Rodgers. Chuck says that it has to be Brett Favre. No kidding ! He was on NFL Access yesterday on the session on how to fix the Packers. It seems there's so much wrong that even Chuck had difficulty focusing on that question.

Chuck's concerned.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chuck_Liddell

Chuck said he's good to go if we could use him at inside LBer. He looks better than any option I see at present.

Chuck's like Brett...a keener. Here's the Pic that chuck sent TT along with his submission to help out the team he loves:

http://media.ufc.tv/fighter_images/Chuck_Lidell/Chuck_Lidell_500x325.png

Stay Tuned ! Ohh are Chuck and Brett related. I hope not because if that's the case. He need not have submitted his help.

Ohh jessssh ... these days Brett Favre sightings in Wisconsin are about as rare as Ted Thompson sightings.

Anybody see Ted ? Is Ted real ??

I didn't even see Ole Ted with a hand on Clay Matthews shoulder when Clay signed that big new deal.

Is Ted real? Couldn't someone have even tried to simply photo shop Ted into that photo with Clay? Isn't anyone suspicious?

Ohh I see... Evidently, Ted was down to the coffee shop buying coffee and donuts for the BIG celebration. What a relief.

gbgary
04-17-2013, 07:01 PM
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/images/smilies/facepalm.gif

ugh! just when you thought it would go away.

swede
04-17-2013, 09:20 PM
It can't go away. I need a place to say that Favre did this team the biggest favor in the world by doing what he did. If that situation goes to training camp and Aaron looks to be a better quarterback, controversy ensues. Aaron leaves as quickly as he can to show the Packers that they made a mistake by not giving him a job he felt he earned. Huge chip on shoulder, he goes to the Vikings in free agency and they win the 'owl in 2010.

You did the right thing, Brett, and no one will ever know.

woodbuck27
04-18-2013, 08:07 AM
It can't go away. I need a place to say that Favre did this team the biggest favor in the world by doing what he did. If that situation goes to training camp and Aaron looks to be a better quarterback, controversy ensues. Aaron leaves as quickly as he can to show the Packers that they made a mistake by not giving him a job he felt he earned. Huge chip on shoulder, he goes to the Vikings in free agency and they win the 'owl in 2010.

Aaron Rodgers time had come. Clearly we should all know that now.

2007 was Brett Favre's last shot at his dream and his second ring with the Green Bay Packers. I too believe that if Brett Favre had returned (2008); that Aaron Rodgers might have wanted out of Green Bay and deservedly so.

So... Aaron Rodgers leads us to our 4th Super bowl win. He's overwhelmingly referred to as the NFL's best QB. He's about to cost our CAP enormously.

Funny that's there's always a $$$price$$$ to pay.

When it should be limited to simply a price to pay; dampered by recovery and learning.

That $$$price$$$ may come with a heavy weight in learning for the Green Bay Packers and Packer fans.

To >>> learning>>> I think ?? :neutral:

pbmax
04-18-2013, 09:21 AM

You truly are worthy of the ninja avatar.

swede
04-18-2013, 12:01 PM
You truly are worthy of the ninja avatar.

If you mean my avatar, that is a nun laying out some medieval justice for the good of the child.

swede
04-18-2013, 12:03 PM
If you mean my avatar, that is a nun laying out some medieval justice for the good of the child.

And I am not worthy of her, because children are rarely frightened of me though I do try so.

pbmax
04-18-2013, 01:50 PM

Never would have guessed nun, thought ninja all along. Still my praise still stands. That post of Viking Rodgers was a work of genius.

woodbuck27
04-18-2013, 02:11 PM

Brutal ages. Times that really began to end with:

http://ia.media-imdb.com/images/M/MV5BMTY1NjU1MzUzNF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMTkwNDgxMQ@@._ V1_SX214_.jpg

and really turned the corner with:

http://ia.media-imdb.com/images/M/MV5BMzg2ODM2NjA0NF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMzIyODMzMQ@@._ V1_SY317_CR6,0,214,317_.jpg

woodbuck27
05-14-2013, 09:32 AM
http://www.kenoshanews.com/sports/murphy_touches_on_key_packers_topics_470887861.htm l

Lots in this article that interesting from Packers’ president and CEO Mark Murphy's perspective including The Packers moving on without three of their most popular players with the loss of Jennings, Driver and Woodson. Also please check out the part dedicated to WR Randall Cobb... Cobb’s future bright

I wanted to tie a few things together ... RE: Favre and his possible (inevitable) re-union with the Green Bay Packers. That's been covered but maybe not exactly as I'm presenting here:

From the Link above:

What about Favre?

"The Packers took a step in the right direction in warming their icy relationship with Favre at the NFL awards program in February when the three-time MVP joined Rodgers at the podium to present Peyton Manning with the 2012 Comeback Player of the Year award.

“I thought it was a very good first step,” Murphy said.

“We’ve said we want to retire his number and get him back here. It’s got to be the right timing for both him and us. It’s a pretty significant honor and he deserves it. He was one of the greatest players, if not the greatest player, in the history of the organization.”

Favre, who has stated publicly he has no relationship with the Packers, is currently the offensive coordinator for Oak Grove High School in Hattiesburg, Miss."

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/tag/_/name/mark-murphy

Please Read:

Aaron Rodgers cleans up for Packers, Favre

February, 5, 2013 ... By Kevin Seifert ... ESPN.com

Prior to that phone conversation, Rodgers and Favre hadn't spoken much since 2008 -- a distance I've always attributed to their distinctly different personalities as well as the inherent tension of a Hall of Fame succession. In the end, however, it was probably on Rodgers -- for lack of a better phrase -- to be the grown-up here. Favre wasn't likely to beg the Packers for forgiveness, and if Packers president Mark Murphy or general manager Ted Thompson have reached out to Favre, it has not been reported publicly.

"It didn't take a lot of coaxing for me to do it," Rodgers said. "I did want to sit and think about whether it was the right thing to do. I really feel very secure in my position with the team and feel good about the things that we've been able to accomplish in my five years as the starter, and feel good about the direction the organization is going in.

"Brett is two years removed from the game. He's going to obviously be in the Packers Hall of Fame. He'll get his number retired, and he'll be in the Pro Football Hall of Fame in the next few years. It's important, I think, to make sure that he's recognized for all the accomplishments that he's achieved in our organization especially. He's still very dear to many of our fans for the things that he's done for the Packers on the field. You can never take that away." Fr. LINK immediately

Finally:

Brett Favre:Disappointment of losing led to retirement talk NFL.com

Published: April 13, 2013 at 01:58 a.m.

Updated: April 13, 2013 at 12:25 p.m

"Favre's many will-he-or-won't he melodramas -- first with the Packers, later with the Minnesota Vikings -- made him the butt of nationwide jokes, and were taken as a sign of the future Pro Football Hall of Famer's selfishness, even diva mentality. According to ESPN's Jason Wilde, however, Favre said the exact opposite was true." Fr. LINK

See LINK above for Brett Favre's response to this.

" Favre also explained what it felt like when his career ended on a concussion suffered during a 2010 Vikings home game that had to be played outdoors at TFC Bank Stadium because of roof damage to the Metrodome. " Fr. LINK

Favre predictably was asked about a possible reunion with the Pack.

His answer:

"We'll do it one day."

Comment woodbuck27:

Mark Murphy and Ted Thompson.

The time when Brett Favre will become a first ballot HOFer isn't far away.

Please ... don't embarrass/taint the Legacy/History of all that's been the GREEN BAY PACKERS by procrastinating in terms of retiring Brett Favre's number and adding him and all he gave to the Green Bay Packers with a formal recognition and induction in the Packers HOF.

Get that done ASAP. Please 'just' do it !

GO PACKERS !

Joemailman
05-14-2013, 10:22 AM
Comment woodbuck27:

Please ... don't embarrass/taint the Legacy/History of all that's been the GREEN BAY PACKERS by procrastinating in terms of retiring Brett Favre's number and adding him and all he gave to the Green Bay Packers with a formal recognition and induction in the Packers HOF.

I think Favre is the one procrastinating here. A quote of ""We'll do it one day." sounds like he's nor ready. He's either waiting for Thompson to retire from the Packers, or he's still worried about what the fan reaction would be. Or both.

Fritz
05-14-2013, 10:23 AM
http://www.kenoshanews.com/sports/murphy_touches_on_key_packers_topics_470887861.htm l

Lots in this article that interesting from Packers’ president and CEO Mark Murphy's perspective including The Packers moving on without three of their most popular players with the loss of Jennings, Driver and Woodson. Also please check out the part dedicated to WR Randall Cobb... Cobb’s future bright

I wanted to tie a few things together ... RE: Favre and his possible (inevitable) re-union with the Green Bay Packers. That's been covered but maybe not exactly as I'm presenting here:

From the Link above:

What about Favre?

"The Packers took a step in the right direction in warming their icy relationship with Favre at the NFL awards program in February when the three-time MVP joined Rodgers at the podium to present Peyton Manning with the 2012 Comeback Player of the Year award.

“We’ve said we want to retire his number and get him back here. It’s got to be the right timing for both him and us. It’s a pretty significant honor and he deserves it. He was one of the greatest players, if not the greatest player, in the history of the organization.”

Favre, who has stated publicly he has no relationship with the Packers, is currently the offensive coordinator for Oak Grove High School in Hattiesburg, Miss."

Please Read:

"Brett is two years removed from the game. He's going to obviously be in the Packers Hall of Fame. He'll get his number retired, and he'll be in the Pro Football Hall of Fame in the next few years. It's important, I think, to make sure that he's recognized for all the accomplishments that he's achieved in our organization especially. He's still very dear to many of our fans for the things that he's done for the Packers on the field. You can never take that away." Fr. LINK immediately

Finally:

"Favre's many will-he-or-won't he melodramas -- first with the Packers, later with the Minnesota Vikings -- made him the butt of nationwide jokes, and were taken as a sign of the future Pro Football Hall of Famer's selfishness, even diva mentality. According to ESPN's Jason Wilde, however, Favre said the exact opposite was true." Fr. LINK

" Favre also explained what it felt like when his career ended on a concussion suffered during a 2010 Vikings home game that had to be played outdoors at TFC Bank Stadium because of roof damage to the Metrodome. " Fr. LINK

His answer:

"We'll do it one day."

Comment woodbuck27:

GO PACKERS !

Time, Woody. It's going to take a bit more time.

woodbuck27
05-14-2013, 11:07 AM
I think Favre is the one procrastinating here. A quote of ""We'll do it one day." sounds like he's nor ready. He's either waiting for Thompson to retire from the Packers, or he's still worried about what the fan reaction would be. Or both.

Wow ! Joe ! Full marks for your propoganda skills. Where's your support for that, 'false' claim?

Are you aware of what Brett Favre claims... was the actual case... of his discovery that he was traded to the New York Jets?

I've communicated the 'DETAILS' on that with a certain prominant member of Packerrats.

So ... I'll focus on that:

If 'in fact' Favre's claim is the TRUTH. Then I can certainly understand why he might have a solid reason for any beef with Ted Thompson (if in fact that's the case? ...or that twist in Favre's finding out he was a NY Jet is 'in fact' true).

If the way he discovered that he was a NY Jet ... is true. Ted Thompson certainly showed Brett Favre a negligent and undeserving disrespect. Ted Thompson totally bungled another one.

That certainly would be 'the exact case'; in Brett Favre mind, body, heart and soul. The hurt would have been severe.

That disrespect would understandedly be 'the straw that broke the camels back'; in terms of Favre and Ted Thompson relations and communications.

A deep seeded hurt that Brett Favre would have certainly suffered, knowing him as I do as a Packer fan.

If Ted Thompson is guilty of this disrespect? The obvious question that begs to be answered is:

What else is Ted Thompson capable of, in terms of certain decency and proper relations and Packer management / Packer player minimum requirements regarding communications?

In the case of Favre becoming a New York Jet. Ted Thompson certainly bungled that as the fact it became for Brett Favre's life.

PACKERS !

Joemailman
05-14-2013, 11:13 AM
Favre was a member of the Packers roster then, so as GM it was Ted Thompson's job to make a decision on what to do with Favre. That is not the case now. I don't think Thompson has much, if any influence on what happens with Favre now. This is primarily between Favre and Murphy.

woodbuck27
05-14-2013, 11:27 AM
Favre was a member of the Packers roster then, so as GM it was Ted Thompson's job to make a decision on what to do with Favre. That is not the case now. I don't think Thompson has much, if any influence on what happens with Favre now. This is primarily between Favre and Murphy.

Your correct Joe.

Then your retracting this Joe? :

Originally Posted by Joemailman

" I think Favre is the one procrastinating here. A quote of ""We'll do it one day." sounds like he's nor ready. He's either waiting for Thompson to retire from the Packers, or he's still worried about what the fan reaction would be. Or both." Joemailman

PACKERS !

woodbuck27
05-14-2013, 11:32 AM
Time, Woody. It's going to take a bit more time.

Fritz:

Common sense dictates it's got to be getting too >>> really close.

This is becoming a potentially and growing very embarassing matter. Any Packer fan 'only' needs a little common sence and decency to realize that TRUTH.

PACKERS !

pbmax
05-14-2013, 12:37 PM
So to recap:

1. Ted Thompson has no role to play with the Favre retirement ceremony, its just Murphy dragging his feet.

and

2. Favre may hold Thompson in contempt for learning about his trade (initial report was to Bucs, no?) while watching TV. In which case, Joe is right and Favre might be waiting for Thompson to retire.

Just glad we have the logic straight on this one.

Joemailman
05-14-2013, 01:23 PM
Your correct Joe.

" I think Favre is the one procrastinating here. A quote of ""We'll do it one day." sounds like he's nor ready. He's either waiting for Thompson to retire from the Packers, or he's still worried about what the fan reaction would be. Or both." Joemailman

PACKERS !

Am I missing something here? You quoted my post, said Your correct Joe., and then you ask me if I'm retracting it? :cnf:

Fritz
05-14-2013, 02:13 PM

When Favre said "We'll do it one day" I think he was daydreaming about Erin Andrews.

Pugger
05-14-2013, 03:34 PM

I truly believe Favre has a bigger issue with M3 than TT. It was M3 who wanted to go with Rodgers and once #4 retired he moved forward at lightening speed. And it was M3 who Favre had those marathon talks with that August, not TT.

Joemailman
05-14-2013, 03:37 PM
I truly believe Favre has a bigger issue with M3 than TT. It was M3 who wanted to go with Rodgers and once #4 retired he moved forward at lightening speed. And it was M3 who Favre had those marathon talks with that August, not TT.

But it was TT who wouldn't release Favre from his contract. That's what caused things to get really ugly.

denverYooper
05-14-2013, 04:20 PM
Goddamn, this beast is going to hit 500 pages yet.

MJZiggy
05-14-2013, 08:32 PM
But it was TT who wouldn't release Favre from his contract. That's what caused things to get really ugly.
But wasn't it M3 who said he'd have to compete for the job if he wanted to come back?

KYPack
05-14-2013, 08:35 PM
Goddamn, this beast is going to hit 500 pages yet.

Mish gets mad when we bump it.

500 pp or bust!

Pugger
05-15-2013, 12:17 AM

TT knew if he gave him his unconditional release #4 would make a bee line to MN and he and M3 did not want Favre in this division during Rodgers' first year starting. I think the most egregious error made by TT and M3 was not wanting him to play in GB or any place else. Had Favre filed his papers for reinstatement a little quicker a trade could have been made even sooner and this entire saga wouldn't have dragged on and on.

pbmax
05-15-2013, 08:15 AM
I just get the feeling we are headed for a Bradshaw/Steelers situation here. Where the specifics no longer matter as much as the continued animosity.

Bradshaw was mightily pissed at Chuck Noll, but even after Noll was gone he found others to be mad at. Perhaps in Favre's case, with no owner's family at the top it will be different, but it just seems like Favre is more interested in waiting this out than solving it at the current time.

Fritz
05-15-2013, 08:20 AM
I think we all know Favre well enough to know it will take TT's retirement and some public fellatio to make him feel better.

George Cumby
05-15-2013, 08:32 AM
I think we all know Favre well enough to know it will take TT's retirement and some public fellatio to make him feel better.

Yes, but who is to be the Fellator? Harlan, Murphy, TT?

Patler
05-15-2013, 08:44 AM
I just get the feeling we are headed for a Bradshaw/Steelers situation here. Where the specifics no longer matter as much as the continued animosity.

Bradshaw was mightily pissed at Chuck Noll, but even after Noll was gone he found others to be mad at. Perhaps in Favre's case, with no owner's family at the top it will be different, but it just seems like Favre is more interested in waiting this out than solving it at the current time.

I tend to think you are right. If he was of a mind to, Favre could end this at anytime. All he would have to do is say a few things, show up in GB for some insignificant event without mentioning himself, and the organization would welcome him back. They would have no choice but to do it even if they didn't want to as individuals.

The team has to welcome him back, whenever he is ready.
For himself, Favre doesn't have to be ready ever.
It is really in Favre's hands.

Patler
05-15-2013, 08:46 AM

The fans.

KYPack
05-15-2013, 08:46 AM

Two of the 3 will "grab the knob".

Ironic, when you consider the cast of characters here.

pbmax
05-15-2013, 08:48 AM
All he would have to do is say a few things, show up in GB for some insignificant event without mentioning himself, and the organization would welcome him back.

Do you mean for the fans to be ready, this would ease the transition? I agree. The Packer org though seems willing (having already taken the public first step) with no more steps, though I could be under informed on this easily.

I wonder if it comes down to business. Bart gets paid to represent the Packers and Brett would too. Is that a very uncomfortable negotiation?

Patler
05-15-2013, 08:54 AM
Do you mean for the fans to be ready, this would ease the transition? I agree. The Packer org though seems willing (having already taken the public first step) with no more steps, though I could be under informed on this easily.

I wonder if it comes down to business. Bart gets paid to represent the Packers and Brett would too. Is that a very uncomfortable negotiation?

Ya. All he has to do is show his interest in the organization above and beyond his interests for himself, and the vast majority of fans will welcome him back. Do that just a few times, and he will be met with a tremendous ovation when walking into the stadium for a #4 retirement ceremony.

Any personal service contract is probably a ways in the future, well after a return to the family generally.

woodbuck27
05-15-2013, 09:10 AM
I had things to take care of here yesterday. I didn't visit Packerrats last evening.

I'm somewhat overwhelmed with all the posts here after my most recent ones. I need to read them and try to respond.

Later ..... and have a lovely day.

woodbuck27
05-15-2013, 10:03 AM

I'm going back to your post Joe to begin and Please this isn't personal. This isn't me Vs you or any other Packerrat. This is woodbuck27 and what's simply 'the best' solution and better the 'only solution:

How you took a rather positive response from Brett Favre and specifically:

"We'll do it one day." Brett Favre

To the **question in the interview (LINK posted on the former page this thread)

When .... asked about a possible reunion with the Pack.

Took that response to >>> and I'll break it down:

a) I think Favre is the one procrastinating here.

b) sounds like he's (not) ready

and then the GIANT leap >>> to:

c) He's either waiting for Thompson to retire from the Packers, or he's still worried about what the fan reaction would be. Or both

That sir>>>is some 'magic thinking' that lends zero credibility to Brett Favre and 'maybe' >>>'just even maybe' Joe:

That Brett Favre might be looking forward to being re-united with Packer fans that he has always spoke very well of not anything in the contrary.

That Brett Favre 'just might' be looking forward to the mending of the fence; which after 'five years' should be dealt with more positively >>> 'amongst real men'.

Certainly that considering some simple forward thinking and the bigger circumstances and possible repurcussions of a real embarrassment for 'the Green Bay Packers Organization.

Without opening up any can of worms of ignorance. I refuse to embrace any stupidity and that garbage.

This issue isn't about anything Brett Favre and his not knowing what the Green Bay Packers has and does and could mean to his life. This issue isn't about anything Brett Favre and his false pride or his 'fear of anything', Packer fan. Come on Packer fan you shouldn't see that one any differently from yours truly. We're discussing Brett Favre. Arguably the most fearless Pro athlete of all time. That man always did his level best to answer the bell.

So sorry Joe but you had to do a much better job of looking at it then in this above post.

As I recall you got there and then...well ... let me look at it again, before I point out 'any wobbleing'.

It's OK Joe. Inspite of any negativity and prejudice to either the Favre or TT/MM side or the Official Green Bay Packer Organizational/ Executive stance.

The Green Bay Packers fumbled it in terms of Brett Favre. The Packers organization may have picked up the ball but Ooooops>>the Packer organization clearly continues to fumle 'that Ole Ball'.

It's got clearly in my view to 'just stupid'. I'm positive that both sides need to get it together PRONTO. To get this mess behind all of them for the sake of one very important identity.

The Green Bay Packer fans. That and in much more positive terms:

The GREEN BAY PACKER History.

woodbuck27
05-15-2013, 10:35 AM
Your correct Joe.

PACKERS !

**Your correct Joe.

**Refers to your second post which is in a far different light then your first response to my original post yesterday... Tuesday May 14, 2013. ** This post:

** "Favre was a member of the Packers roster then, so as GM it was Ted Thompson's job to make a decision on what to do with Favre. That is not the case now. I don't think Thompson has much, if any influence on what happens with Favre now. This is primarily between Favre and Murphy." Joemailman

woodbuck27
05-15-2013, 10:51 AM
Am I missing something here? You quoted my post, said Your correct Joe., and then you ask me if I'm retracting it? :cnf:

Yes you missed something Joe.

Please ... see my preceding post where I try to clarify.

a) In essence I rebutted you with a disagreement. I 've since enhanced an explanation on why I disagreed Joe.

b) I agreed with your second respose. That this matter no longer 'in effect' should lie as any issue still existing or not 'between TT and (maybe? MM) AND Brett Favre. As any such issue is now or should be certainly ...moot.

This is no longer about little men. This is about one of the GREATEST Green Bay Packers ALL TIME and Packer CEO Mark Murphy and the integrity of Green Bay Packer history.

It's clearly in my view....All 'little men feelings' aside.

About moving forward and the ultimate step that will even possibly allow maximum healing in Packer Nation; in most importantly >>> Green Bay Packer history.

To recap a position I agree with and you until your most recent wobble :-):

This issue of Favre and his number being retired and his entry into the Packers HOF lies between Brett Favre and Oficial Green bay Packer Upper management or is on Packer CEO Mark Murphy to get it done.

Your position 'that it has anything to do' with any Brett Favre feelings RE: Ted Thompson, doesn't in my view hold weight. If your position is 'the TRUTH'. This mess will go down as a negative in Green Bay Packer history.

Can you imagine the repercussions of the enevitable Brett Favre and 1st ballot HOFer and him not having his number retired and him not in the Packer HOF? That would be exactly one thing.

Outrageous !

Again it's on Mark Murphy to make it a priority issue and get that ceremony over with and focus on this:

“We’ve said we want to retire his number and get him back here. It’s got to be the right timing for both him and us. It’s a pretty significant honor and he deserves it. He was one of the greatest players, if not the greatest player, in the history of the organization.” Mark Murphy

Certainly Mark Murphy got that one correct.

He simply needs to follow through ASAP.

PACKERS !

woodbuck27
05-15-2013, 11:14 AM

"... it was M3 who Favre had those marathon talks with that August, not TT. " Pugger

Pugger...can you support that with proof?

ie Please ... Simply post media published references to real events where there was ongong discussion between Mike McCarthy and Brett Favre in August.

Thanks.

PACKERS !

woodbuck27
05-15-2013, 11:17 AM

Are you still 100% sure that was it Joe?

There is evidence that if you do. Evidence that you might be deceived into thinking, or imagining that.

woodbuck27
05-15-2013, 11:20 AM
But wasn't it M3 who said he'd have to compete for the job if he wanted to come back?

Yes ..... that was my take.

Patler
05-15-2013, 11:53 AM
"... it was M3 who Favre had those marathon talks with that August, not TT. " Pugger

Pugger...can you support that with proof?

ie Please ... Simply post media published references to real events where there was ongong discussion between Mike McCarthy and Brett Favre in August.

Thanks.

PACKERS !

Woodbuck;

When Favre came to GB in early August, he spent a good part of one day with McCarthy at MM's office. McCarthy even cancelled a team meeting later in the day to continue his discussions with Favre. That was reported extensively in the media at the time. McCarthy later said they broke for a few minutes a couple times, but then resumed. He described it as a 1 on 1 between coach and player during which they each aired all of their concerns and issues. Later in the evening, TT and Murphy met with Favre at his house. I think Favre left GB the next day (and I don't think has been back since).

Patler
05-15-2013, 12:07 PM
Woodbuck;

I was mistaken about one thing. Favre's meeting with MM extended over two days.

Here is an article about MM's thinking before the meetings:
http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/packers/2008-08-03-favre-update_N.htm?loc=interstitialskip

and a timeline from the GBPG:

Sunday: Favre flies to Green Bay at the same time the Packers are having their Family Night scrimmage. He’s greeted at the airport by cheering fans.

Monday: NFL commissioner Roger Goodell reinstates Favre, and the Packers add him to the 80-man roster. McCarthy is scheduled to meet with Favre, then address the team, then address the media. However, his meeting with Favre extends to roughly 4 hours — Thompson also meets with Favre — and the team meeting and media conference are canceled. Goodell also rules the Vikings didn't tamper with Favre.

Tuesday: Favre and McCarthy meet again at Lambeau Field. Then, Favre, Thompson, Murphy and others meet at Favre’s home in Ashwaubenon. McCarthy indicates Favre’s mindset isn’t right for him to rejoin the team, but says he plans to speak to Favre again in the evening.

LP
05-15-2013, 12:40 PM
Wow Patler, there you go spouting facts over emotion again. How shameless of you. I really thought you were above that.

Pugger
05-15-2013, 12:53 PM
Thanks for bringing the proof for me Patler. I thought I remembered their continued talks correctly.

woodbuck27
05-15-2013, 04:37 PM

pbmax:

Please don't make this simple matter of when will the Favre HOF Ceremony get done. Into something far more soap boxey or intrinsically ugly. There's been far too much of that and the subsequent 'tit for tat' ramble here at Packerrats, and all over Packer Nation ... already. It's time to move positively forward. Get the bad karma behind us and the Green Bay Packers.

It's time for us to grow...grow up as Packer fans.

In light of your comments above and bringing up bad feelings and Terry Bradshaw against the Pittsburg Steelers Organization 'at the top'. That and the fact that Terry Bradshaw is so very high on Brett Favre in terms of Favre's greatness, came to mind. Terry Bradshaw gets full marks from me in that analysis. :wink:

Is Packerrats going to be a leader, or a ho hum follower/acceptor of whatever and Brett Favre. We've a chance here at Packerrats to demonstrate 'distinction', in terms of Green Bay Packer fan awareness.

As it's going now, Al Harris might get his 'special day' before Brett Favre.

Packer CEO Mark Murphy certainly compliments Brett Favre. To be inducted into the Packers HOF is a true honor indeed and that moreso means that Brett Favre has to be installed there PRONTO.

It seems to me that the likes of Aaron Rodgers and Packer CEO Mark Murphy see it my way. Not to heap too much praise on anyone seeing what's a dead on 'no brainer'.

Again....back to this significant statement by Packer CEO Mark Murphy on Brett Favre and the Packer HOF:

" It’s a pretty significant honor and he (Brett Favre) deserves it. He (Brett Favre) was one of the greatest players, if not the greatest player, in the history of the organization.” Green Bay Packers CEO Mark Murphy

Can we get focused as Packer fans on that specific fact of Favre and certainly deserving, and being one of if not the greatest Green Bay Packers. Now and 'finally retired' and 'now and finally being inducted into the Green Bay Packer Hall Of Fame'?

Can't we leave any hurt feelings and/or embarrassments to the principles. Bless their souls. Act above that as Packer fans? In actual TRUTH we the fans don't really know what transpired and I don't believe this matter is deserving of 'a TRIAL' or otherwise formal hearing.

When I made my initial post yesterday. The intent of that was to take the matter of 'any animosty' out of the picture.

In my view what was said in any meetings between Favre and Mike McCarthy going back to anytime in 2008 and before Brett Favre was dealt to the New York Jets is ancient history. It doesn't matter in respect to the importance 'NOW' of Packers CEO Mark Murphy et all; simply getting down to the brass tacks of 'THE CEREMONY'. A part of which will be retiring Brett Favre's number '4' and indicting Brett Favre into the Green Bay Packers Hall Of Fame.

End of story.

Cheesehead Craig
05-15-2013, 04:45 PM
We all know he'll be in the Packer HOF and have his number retired, it's just a matter of when.

My guess is that it will happen during the 2014 season. Enough time will have passed that the parties involved (and the fans) will just get over it, along with some small overtures both publicly and privately by both sides and this will all get put behind us.

woodbuck27
05-15-2013, 05:23 PM
We all know he'll be in the Packer HOF and have his number retired, it's just a matter of when.

My guess is that it will happen during the 2014 season. Enough time will have passed that the parties involved (and the fans) will just get over it, along with some small overtures both publicly and privately by both sides and this will all get put behind us.

I hope your correct Packer fan.

woodbuck27
05-15-2013, 05:26 PM
http://www.packersnews.com/article/20130514/PKR0101/130514020/Murphy-could-see-Favre-taking-part-Tailgate-Tour?odyssey=obinsite

Packers President and CEO (Mark) Murphy: I could see (Brett) Favre taking part in Tailgate Tour

May 14, 2013

Please click Link for this story.

GO PACK GO !

woodbuck27
05-15-2013, 07:20 PM
Woodbuck;

When Favre came to GB in early August, he spent a good part of one day with McCarthy at MM's office. McCarthy even cancelled a team meeting later in the day to continue his discussions with Favre. That was reported extensively in the media at the time. McCarthy later said they broke for a few minutes a couple times, but then resumed. He described it as a 1 on 1 between coach and player during which they each aired all of their concerns and issues. Later in the evening, TT and Murphy met with Favre at his house. I think Favre left GB the next day (and I don't think has been back since).

As I'm reviewing it again now (and that rather reluctantly as I feel we must move way past that 'old news') I'm stoping right here for this day:

http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/packers/2008-08-03-favre-update_N.htm

Packers make no promises as Favre lands back in Green Bay

Updated 8/4/2008 @ 3:21 PM ... Monday 4 Aug. 2008

" Until this potential end to the bitter stalemate, Favre had been pressing the Packers to allow him to compete for his old job or release him, while Thompson did all he could to convince Favre to remain retired because the Packers had committed to Rodgers as their quarterback.

Favre forced the issue by getting on a plane late Sunday afternoon with his wife, Deanna, and agent, Bus Cook, to travel to Green Bay to report for training camp. They landed in Green Bay shortly after 8 p.m. ET after a 2-hour, 18-minute flight from Hattiesburg.

Though Favre faxed his petition for reinstatement from the reserve/retired list last Monday, NFL commissioner Roger Goodell didn't act on it all week because Favre and the Packers were negotiating a personal-services contract worth up to about $25 million over 10 years. But that deal would have included the expectation Favre stay retired, and after considering accepting the offer, Favre determined over the weekend he still wants to play.

Goodell reinstated Favre on Sunday and gave the Packers until 1 p.m. ET Monday to put him on their roster, release him or trade him.

"(Favre) wanted to play more than anything," the Favre insider said. "He couldn't do that deal. He'd been working this long to come back, and that was his goal."

In recent weeks, Thompson and McCarthy told Favre repeatedly he'd come in as a backup and wouldn't be allowed to compete for the starting job because the Packers had taken major steps over the offseason to move on to Rodgers as their new quarterback.

But after Favre rejected the personal-services offer and flew to Green Bay, Thompson and McCarthy reconsidered — even though Murphy's statement said Favre had put club officials "in a very difficult spot."

Assuming there are no changes after Favre meets with McCarthy on Monday, the Packers will spend much of the next few weeks evaluating Favre and Rodgers in their battle for the starting job.

The imbroglio with Favre has been a public-relations nightmare for the Packers, especially after Favre revealed about a week ago that Thompson and McCarthy rebuffed his request to compete for his old job.

So the team recently sought help by hiring former White House spokesman Ari Fleisher as a consultant for the next month, McCarthy confirmed Sunday night. McCarthy brought Fleisher in as a guest speaker for the team last week. " Fr. LINK

Comment woodbuck27:

Going over all that 'old news' and reflecting on it all again. Looking at Brett and Deanna Favre's arrival in Green Bay. They sure looked good and happy. Favre sure looked in awesome shape. He looked confident as I'm positive he should have been... being the runner up NFL MVP (2007). Leading his team to the NFC Championship game and losing in O.T. Favre was happy/confident looking. He was going to compete for the Packers starting QB job. No sweat !

All looked very very good for Brett Favre and remaining a Green Bay Packer. He was scheduled for conditioning tests for TC and MM wanted to have a chat.

Nothing appeared too ominous....Ehh!?

Aaron Rodgers got it unofficially that Favre was back and that he had to compete or sit on the pine again. Aaron Rodgers said he was fully prepared to compete and if need be back up Favre but reading between the lines....

and ......Somehow ...... it all blew up in Brett Favre's face.

After the message feeler outer...message carrier drama's...after the bribe....after the mess that was this whole fiasco and embarrassment to Packer Nation....an embarrassment that the TT/MM side were certain major players in.

Does anyone want to fully examine that can of worms that continued after Brett Favre and Deanna arrived in Green Bay (on Sunday evening Aug. 3, 2008) when all Brett Favre really imagined was his report for TC and another season leading the Green Bay Packers?

Do we even have the capascity too, in all TRUTH, examine the end of Brett Favre in Green Bay?

The exact events (happenings) of the next three days after his Sunday evening arrival in Green Bay .... the final hours leading up to the following headline:

Jets set for Brett: Packers legend headed to New York

Thurs. August 7, 2008, 3:46 AM ET

ESPN.com news services

" The Brett Favre era in Green Bay officially came to an end late Wednesday night (Aug. 6, 2008) as the legendary longtime Packers quarterback was traded to the New York Jets..."

PACKERS !

Scott Campbell
05-15-2013, 07:23 PM
http://flashwarner.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/favresexymessages.jpg

Patler
05-15-2013, 07:40 PM
Woodbuck;

What do you think has to happen to put the "Favre thing" to bed so his # can be retired?
Who has to do what?
To me it seems to hinge on only one thing, Favre himself saying he is ready to forget the past and do it. If he were to come to GB tomorrow and say that he is ready to have the ceremony, I don't see anyway that Murphy, TT or MM could say, "No, not yet." On the other hand, I don't think they can say or do anything that will make Favre be ready.

Favre had a great opportunity when Holmgren was inducted into the Packer HOF. It was a built in excuse for Favre to show up in GB. Personally, I think he should have come and said that it was important to be there and honor the special time that he and Holmgren lived together in GB.

MadtownPacker
05-15-2013, 07:45 PM
Not sure who is crazier, Woody or Patler for trying to reason with him. :lol:

Oh look a SC sighting. Big kudos to Woody for luring him out. :mrgreen:

pbmax
05-15-2013, 07:51 PM
woodbuck, Favre has been invited back and declined. Someone (Harlan? Starr?) tried to get him to comeback for Holmgren's HOF ceremony and he turned them down.

You don't want the matter of the Packer HOF complicated by drama? The Packers and Favre cannot even agree when to retire his jersey (which would happen first if tradition holds I believe).

There already is drama. And from public statements, it seems like Favre who is not committing. Murphy has said it can happen whenever the timing will be right. Favre says "it will happen eventually". Eventually can be a very long time.

pbmax
05-15-2013, 07:53 PM
And as for reviewing the events of the Summer of Favre, there are 486 pages of that review in this thread. We don't all need to link to the same stories again.

Let's keep the drama fresh here at The Days of Our PackerRat Lives.

pbmax
05-15-2013, 08:48 PM
I do think woodbuck should get credit for one thing. I am not sure if we get to the truth here, but I am damn sure we get closer than most media outlets. And as long as we stay smarter than talk radio, we'll be worth tuning in.

woodbuck27
05-15-2013, 09:32 PM
Woodbuck;

I was mistaken about one thing. Favre's meeting with MM extended over two days.

Here is an article about MM's thinking before the meetings:
http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/packers/2008-08-03-favre-update_N.htm?loc=interstitialskip

and a timeline from the GBPG:

Sunday: Favre flies to Green Bay at the same time the Packers are having their Family Night scrimmage. He’s greeted at the airport by cheering fans.

Monday: NFL commissioner Roger Goodell reinstates Favre, and the Packers add him to the 80-man roster. McCarthy is scheduled to meet with Favre, then address the team, then address the media. However, his meeting with Favre extends to roughly 4 hours — Thompson also meets with Favre — and the team meeting and media conference are canceled. Goodell also rules the Vikings didn't tamper with Favre.

Tuesday: Favre and McCarthy meet again at Lambeau Field. Then, Favre, Thompson, Murphy and others meet at Favre’s home in Ashwaubenon. McCarthy indicates Favre’s mindset isn’t right for him to rejoin the team, but says he plans to speak to Favre again in the evening.

Patler I have a file on all of this that covers alot of it and nothing I've read has it down in 'the almost log format' your posting. I'm not contending with your knowledge of it all. Maybe you put it together from newpaper reports. Otherwise you have source information and detail that's fascinating to me.

MM and Favre talks and breaks and resumption of talks..and more breaks and attempts successful or not to talk. That sort of detail. How did you come by such? The same with such talks and players Favre,TT,MM and Mark Murphy. When and where.

Is all that available to any Packer fan not living in the Green Bay Packer vicinity?

I've got something I wouldn't even post here because IMO it damns Ted Thompson as it finally went down or Favre was traded to the NY Jets. If in fact it's supported or THE TRUTH. That wouldn't matter to me as I'd be reluctant to release it anyway. So many here imagine that Ted Thompson is so very perfect.

Who am I to shatter such allusion.

woodbuck27
05-15-2013, 09:35 PM
Not sure who is crazier, Woody or Patler for trying to reason with him. :lol:

Oh look a SC sighting. Big kudos to Woody for luring him out. :mrgreen:

Mad....If I lured Lucifer out would I get 'the Packerrat bonus kudos? :mrgreen:

woodbuck27
05-15-2013, 10:01 PM
Woodbuck;

What do you think has to happen to put the "Favre thing" to bed so his # can be retired?
Who has to do what?
To me it seems to hinge on only one thing, Favre himself saying he is ready to forget the past and do it. If he were to come to GB tomorrow and say that he is ready to have the ceremony, I don't see anyway that Murphy, TT or MM could say, "No, not yet." On the other hand, I don't think they can say or do anything that will make Favre be ready.

Favre had a great opportunity when Holmgren was inducted into the Packer HOF. It was a built in excuse for Favre to show up in GB. Personally, I think he should have come and said that it was important to be there and honor the special time that he and Holmgren lived together in GB.

How about something really simple like this:

A simple telephone call following (maybe?) a 'formal letter of introducing the topic (s) of a) Brett Favre's number retirement ceremony. Some short time later (**maybe). Brett Favre's b) induction ceremony into the Green Bay Packers HOF. **If it really must be two ceremonies; as one should cover it all, as we do here in Canada.

The script for that telephone call doesn't even have to be memorized by Mark Murphy in order to close the deal. I can imagine him carrying it off, almost magically:

Mark Murphy: Hello Brett How's life? How's Deanna and the family? I'm calling you to follow up on the letter I sent you last week.

Brett Favre: Hi Mark.Nice to hear from you and Thanks for asking. Deana and all are just great and the rest of the family is fine. How are your loved one's Mark? ..... Nice Mark. What's up Mark!?

Mark Murphy: We all think that it's time to retire your number and I simply called to touch base on that as to when we might get that done Brett? I hope your as excited to get this done as we are Brett.

Brett Favre: That's good news Mark. Deanna and I are looking forward to that getting done. It's too long coming. I miss the fans in Green Bay, Mark. What were you fellas thinking.

The conversation continues and the groundwork layed to retire Brett Favre's number 4 and possibly in one swoop. Also induct Brett Favre into the Green Bay Packer HOF.

GO PACKERS !

woodbuck27
05-15-2013, 10:06 PM
woodbuck, Favre has been invited back and declined. Someone (Harlan? Starr?) tried to get him to comeback for Holmgren's HOF ceremony and he turned them down.

You don't want the matter of the Packer HOF complicated by drama? The Packers and Favre cannot even agree when to retire his jersey (which would happen first if tradition holds I believe).

There already is drama. And from public statements, it seems like Favre who is not committing. Murphy has said it can happen whenever the timing will be right. Favre says "it will happen eventually". Eventually can be a very long time.

Do you fulfill every invitation you get?

I don't sometimes because of extenuating circumstances, higher priorities or any other good reason to have to decline.

Are you positive that with Brett Favre missing the Mike Holmgren ceremony that it wasn't just simply something like that pbmax?

PACKERS !

woodbuck27
05-15-2013, 10:10 PM
And as for reviewing the events of the Summer of Favre, there are 486 pages of that review in this thread. We don't all need to link to the same stories again.

Let's keep the drama fresh here at The Days of Our PackerRat Lives.

Fresh drama and Favre doesn't excite my tastes.

It's alot like I imagine eating a tough steak with no teeth.

George Cumby
05-15-2013, 10:13 PM
I think I would give Woodbucks left testicle to have an audio recording of that marathon session. I know I would give Woody's right nut to hear the part when TT was is the room.

woodbuck27
05-15-2013, 10:27 PM
I think I would give Woodbucks left testicle to have an audio recording of that marathon session. I know I would give Woody's right nut to hear the part when TT was is the room.

Did I sign a waiver for you to give my balls away?

If I did I 'officially' want to reneg on that offer....K!?

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQn3uASpcKlqUO7iDdXslWnh5OI18KNL a80xerqT5JVKr9UIyyztg

woodbuck27
05-15-2013, 11:34 PM

From the Link above:

What about Favre?

Please Read:

Finally:

His answer:

"We'll do it one day."

Comment woodbuck27:

GO PACKERS !

For the record:

When I wrote the above on Tues. May 14, 2013... I wasn't aware of this:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/packers/2013/05/15/brett-favre-packers-reunion-jersey-retired/2160603/

Comment woodbuck27:

I hope this gets done or Favre's jersey retired sometime this season.

PACKERS !

woodbuck27
05-15-2013, 11:57 PM
I tried to post a LINK that didn't work.

Patler
05-16-2013, 12:50 AM
Patler I have a file on all of this that covers alot of it and nothing I've read has it down in 'the almost log format' your posting. I'm not contending with your knowledge of it all. Maybe you put it together from newpaper reports. Otherwise you have source information and detail that's fascinating to me.

MM and Favre talks and breaks and resumption of talks..and more breaks and attempts successful or not to talk. That sort of detail. How did you come by such? The same with such talks and players Favre,TT,MM and Mark Murphy. When and where.

Is all that available to any Packer fan not living in the Green Bay Packer vicinity?

I've got something I wouldn't even post here because IMO it damns Ted Thompson as it finally went down or Favre was traded to the NY Jets. If in fact it's supported or THE TRUTH. That wouldn't matter to me as I'd be reluctant to release it anyway. So many here imagine that Ted Thompson is so very perfect.

Who am I to shatter such allusion.

The Sunday, Monday and Tuesday summaries I posted were simply copied and pasted from a longer chronology that was printed in the GBPG:

http://www.greenbaypressgazette.com/article/20080805/PKR01/80805191/Favre-timeline-s-been-strange-5-months

Similar chronologies were printed by Yahoo Sports, JSO, NBC Sports and elsewhere.

Most of my information comes from JSO and the GBPG.

pbmax
05-16-2013, 07:40 AM
Do you fulfill every invitation you get?

I don't sometimes because of extenuating circumstances, higher priorities or any other good reason to have to decline.

Are you positive that with Brett Favre missing the Mike Holmgren ceremony that it wasn't just simply something like that pbmax?

PACKERS !

Of course not. It could be he simply couldn't make it.

But since retirement, Brett has done interviews with local reporters in his hometown, Dallas and Minneapolis. He has appeared on National TV for interviews and game coverage. He has not made any local appearances that I am aware of. And we know he has turned down an invitation to Holmgren's HOF induction. He has been everywhere except Green Bay.

woodbuck your posts seems to indicate you think the process will move forward when the Packers contact Brett to begin setting dates. My read of the above is that Brett is not yet interested in setting a date. He doesn't seem interested in setting foot in Wisconsin. The Packers cannot provide this information publicly because it would look like poisoning fan sentiment against Favre.

But if you were the Packer's social secretary, would you send a person exhibiting this behavior an invitation to an event in their honor? I tend to doubt it. You would first want to be sure a date would work. And so far, Brett has been unavailable for Wisconsin.

swede
05-16-2013, 07:46 AM
Brett Favre has roots in the emigrant culture of Acadia, so the Canadian connection makes sense when one looks at his rare mix of talent and aberrant behavior. In an alternate timeline he could have screwed up his legacy as a very good hockey player.

Patler
05-16-2013, 07:52 AM
Regarding Holmgren's Packer HOF induction. perhaps Favre was otherwise engaged and couldn't make it, but if that were the case it would have been the normal thing to make the conflict known. It would seem that Holmgren should have a special place with Favre, as there is probably no one more responsible for Favre becoming the QB he did than Holmgren was. I would have expected Favre to want to be there, and if he couldn't to offer a reason why (I do allow for the fact that it could have been a private reason).

Not conclusive in and of itself, or even close to it, but another tidbit of information contributing to my perception of the situation.

Fritz
05-16-2013, 08:52 AM
Once Ted is dead, Favre will be ready. Unless he dies first.

Like most human folly, this will be corrected when someone (whose initials are Brent Favre) has a brush with death or sees someone very close to him dying. Then all our grudges, our pride, our anger - is seen for what it is - human foolishness - and Favre will make overtures.

This is my prediction.

Pugger
05-16-2013, 09:41 AM
Regarding Holmgren's Packer HOF induction. perhaps Favre was otherwise engaged and couldn't make it, but if that were the case it would have been the normal thing to make the conflict known. It would seem that Holmgren should have a special place with Favre, as there is probably no one more responsible for Favre becoming the QB he did than Holmgren was. I would have expected Favre to want to be there, and if he couldn't to offer a reason why (I do allow for the fact that it could have been a private reason).

Not conclusive in and of itself, or even close to it, but another tidbit of information contributing to my perception of the situation.

I tend to think it was a good thing Favre wasn't there in person. That was supposed to be Mike's day in the sun and if Brett would have showed up it would have been a freaking circus.

pbmax
05-16-2013, 09:48 AM
I tend to think it was a good thing Favre wasn't there in person. That was supposed to be Mike's day in the sun and if Brett would have showed up it would have been a freaking circus.

That could very well be. But these things can be minimized. Or avoided entirely if he had poked his head up long enough for the initial media crush to dissipate before the event.

Its the fact that the process has not even begun makes me think he isn't ready for it to conclude.

Patler
05-16-2013, 10:00 AM

That could have been handled ahead of time with the media, and by Favre at the time he was there. Come in quietly through a back door, unannounced, etc. directly to his table. Leave slightly ahead of time. Meet the media off-site, if at all, etc.

Besides, Holmgren might have even enjoyed being the unifying factor between GB and Favre.

Fritz
05-16-2013, 10:22 AM
It's going to be a while. Maybe Bart Starr could help here, since he's the link between Favre adn Rodgers, both of them publicly having said Starr is the best ever, a class act, all of that.

But then again, it's less about Rodgers and Favre than it is about Favre and Thompson/McCarthy. Who could bridge that gap? Ron Wolf? Henry Kissinger?

Cleft Crusty
05-16-2013, 11:22 AM
Bring in the expert

http://www.rdawson.com/images/mr-hd.jpg

TravisWilliams23
05-16-2013, 11:25 AM
But then again, it's less about Rodgers and Favre than it is about Favre and Thompson/McCarthy. Who could bridge that gap? Ron Wolf? Henry Kissinger?

I vote for Jenn Sterger. She knows all about gaps and could get Brett and Tom to come together. :shock:

http://media.mademan.com/chickipedia/uploaded_photos/d/db/Jenn_Sterger-chickipedia-before-lovely-lips-smoking-hot-skin-soft-babe-after-stunning-young_thumb_585x795.jpg

swede
05-16-2013, 11:50 AM
I vote for Jenn Sterger. She knows all about gaps and could get Brett and Tom to come together. :shock:

http://media.mademan.com/chickipedia/uploaded_photos/d/db/Jenn_Sterger-chickipedia-before-lovely-lips-smoking-hot-skin-soft-babe-after-stunning-young_thumb_585x795.jpg

Brings new meaning to dp around here.

pbmax
05-16-2013, 12:09 PM
Could we fake Ted's death and pretend like its over for him like Agent Coulson in the Avengers movie?

Then resurrect Ted in time for the 2014 draft like Coulson is coming back for the SHIELD TV show?

Pugger
05-16-2013, 02:58 PM

Tom? Clements? :?:

Fritz
05-16-2013, 03:38 PM

She could get a lot of guys to come together.

Joemailman
05-16-2013, 04:04 PM

Why would it have been a circus? It's not held in Lambeau Field. It's held in the Atrium, attended by people who paid $135 per ticket. I don't think the type of people who attend Hall Of Fame Banquets are going to make a scene just because Favre is there.

pbmax
05-16-2013, 04:33 PM
Why would it have been a circus? It's not held in Lambeau Field. It's held in the Atrium, attended by people who paid $135 per ticket. I don't think the type of people who attend Hall Of Fame Banquets are going to make a scene just because Favre is there.

Inside the room, no. But media coverage, interview requests and every Wolf, Holmgren or Harlan interview about Mike's moment would have become a Favre news story.

But there are ways around that if they were prepared to work together and plan it. They could have tried to keep it quiet, but that would have been the toughest method to pull off.

Pugger
05-17-2013, 12:05 AM
Inside the room, no. But media coverage, interview requests and every Wolf, Holmgren or Harlan interview about Mike's moment would have become a Favre news story.

But there are ways around that if they were prepared to work together and plan it. They could have tried to keep it quiet, but that would have been the toughest method to pull off.

This.

Patler
05-17-2013, 06:27 AM

It wouldn't have had to, if each simply made it known that they wouldn't answer Favre/Packers type questions, and then stuck to it for the day. Plenty of times for those questions days or weeks later.

MadtownPacker
05-17-2013, 11:53 AM
I have to agree with Puggers, no matter what it would have taken away from Holmgrens day in the spotlight.

woodbuck27
05-19-2013, 12:14 PM

I've gone back into this thread to simply review some of the posts. Patler your reaction (above) is somehow fascinating to me. I mean totaly .... fascinating.

I mean your non plused one way or the other, in terms of any news RE: Brett Favre and his number being retired and/or his induction into the Packer HOF.

In my case I believe that these future events coming to fruition are vital in terms of Green Bay Packer history. That... in terms of how this story of FAVRE and PACKERS might play out in a negative context.

Specifically...If he should enter the NFL HOF as a first ballot candidate and at that time. NOT have his number retired and/or NOT been inducted into the Green Bay Packer HOF.

Then we would more that likely have a media circus frenzy in terms of accusations of 'sour grapes'. That accusation 'again' and like a recurring nightmare, pointed in two directions. At Favre and the Green Bay Packers. As a result the sick drama merely carrying on and forward... on and on and on...ad nauseum; and in my view, unacceptable.

Again ... and I adamantly express this concernn and one in which I am correct in taking.

a) That Brett Favre has to have his number retired.

b) Brett Favre must be inducted into the Green Bay Packer HOF >>> ASAP.

This priority must be a certain focus of Packer President and CEO Mark Murphy. Brett Favre has to also embrace the importance of getting this done.

This is so very important now.

PACKERS !

woodbuck27
05-19-2013, 12:20 PM
I have to agree with Puggers, no matter what it would have taken away from Holmgrens day in the spotlight.

I tend to agree.

Again ... Favre does the right thing.

So often as people we must do things that confuse those with busy minds. Life doesn't have to be confusing, if we simply remind ourselves to tend to our own affairs; as I'm postive Brett Favre endeavours to do. :-?

Pugger
05-19-2013, 05:59 PM
I tend to agree.

Again ... Favre does the right thing.

So often as people we must do things that confuse those with busy minds. Life doesn't have to be confusing, if we simply remind ourselves to tend to our own affairs; as I'm postive Brett Favre endeavours to do. :-?

Yes, every once in a while he does. ;-)

gbgary
05-19-2013, 08:31 PM
bf knows 90% of the Packer fans can't stand him. why show up for boo-fest. hell, the Packers know this too. this is media driven...everyone wants an exclusive. the Packers contiue to take the high road whenever it's brought up to be politically correct. everyone pushing this needs to let it go. it'll be a fucking disaster. he pissed away his chance to be a beloved part of Packers history.

swede
05-19-2013, 09:19 PM
bf knows 90% of the Packer fans can't stand him. why show up for boo-fest. hell, the Packers know this too. this is media driven...everyone wants an exclusive. the Packers contiue to take the high road whenever it's brought up to be politically correct. everyone pushing this needs to let it go. it'll be a fucking disaster. he pissed away his chance to be a beloved part of Packers history.

Finally, someone who didn't buy a purple #4.