PDA

View Full Version : OFFICIAL BRETT THE LIVING LEGEND THREAD

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46

MadScientist
02-03-2010, 12:39 AM
WTF....seriously a football player having pictures of bruises posted on the web? I keep losing more and more respect for this guy with each ridiculous "LOOK AT ME" moment.
Well what else was he supposed to do. The whole retire - unretire bit was wearing thin. The whole football world was going to ignore him until at least June. Something new had to be done to give him the attention he so richly deserves.

pbmax
02-03-2010, 07:18 AM
What??? A football player played with a black & blue bruise? :shock: :shock: :shock:
Well, I don't know about that. I am not a doctor and do not play one the internet, but the only time I have seen a hamstring look like that was a tear.

And I have seen an ankle like that before and that was a ligament tear.

The thing we are missing is context. The only other injured appendage I know of that currently has pictures on the internet is Dwight Freeny's foot.

MJZiggy
02-03-2010, 07:31 AM
I think I'm with Fritz here. I need to see photos of what other players look like after a game in which they take a solid pounding. Favre isn't the only player ever to get hit a lot in a game you know. I'm not a 6'2" football player, but if they were paying me $12 million, I'd probably put up with a few bruises from being hit by guys my size--even big bruises--without even posting them on the internet. Football players get hit like this all the time. Football players play with injuries worse than these all the time. I don't understand what the fuss is about.

pbmax
02-03-2010, 07:33 AM
Here is Freeny's ankle, the one that purportedly may keep him out of the game. A DE is in a different position that an QB, so a direct comparison is probably impossible. Freeny has also be getting 24 hr per day treatment. The bigger question is what is wrong with man's pinkie toe?

http://thebiglead.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/capt.sb12502021655.super_bowl_football_sb125.jpg

Scott Campbell
02-03-2010, 07:45 AM
Here you go Bert.

http://www.placefordads.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/09/hello-kitty-band-aid1.jpg[/img]

mraynrand
02-03-2010, 08:15 AM
http://i453.photobucket.com/albums/qq254/mraynrand/vikingfavre2.jpg

Patler
02-03-2010, 08:15 AM
What??? A football player played with a black & blue bruise? :shock: :shock: :shock:
Well, I don't know about that. I am not a doctor and do not play one the internet, but the only time I have seen a hamstring look like that was a tear.

The thing we are missing is context. The only other injured appendage I know of that currently has pictures on the internet is Dwight Freeny's foot.

That was my point exactly. The fact he has large black and blue marks means little of nothing. Could be something real serious...or not. I've seen goaltenders with black and blue bruising from armpit to wrist from taking shots on the inside of their arms. I've seen black and blue ankles from puck impacts, and saw one with a huge black and blue bruise on his hamstring from getting turned around and taking a slapshot to the back of his leg (he, as many, wore little to no real protection over his hamstring).

However, in an apparent attempt to bolster Favre's tough guy image, Bus Cook did little more than make him a target for jokes and sarcasm. Favre had an image 3 years ago that athletes (and their agents) drool over. It suffered a bit in the Packer situation and scrambling attempts to rebuild it seem to be doing more harm than good.

KYPack
02-03-2010, 09:19 AM
It belongs here, so I place into the thread into which it must go...

Brett Favre 2020 MVP, courtesy of a Japanese car company

[/url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mVYxU1OHumM&feature=player_embedded[url]

pbmax
02-03-2010, 09:56 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mVYxU1OHumM&feature=player_embedded

pbmax
02-03-2010, 10:07 AM

That was my point exactly. The fact he has large black and blue marks means little of nothing. Could be something real serious...or not. I've seen goaltenders with black and blue bruising from armpit to wrist from taking shots on the inside of their arms. I've seen black and blue ankles from puck impacts, and saw one with a huge black and blue bruise on his hamstring from getting turned around and taking a slapshot to the back of his leg (he, as many, wore little to no real protection over his hamstring).

However, in an apparent attempt to bolster Favre's tough guy image, Bus Cook did little more than make him a target for jokes and sarcasm. Favre had an image 3 years ago that athletes (and their agents) drool over. It suffered a bit in the Packer situation and scrambling attempts to rebuild it seem to be doing more harm than good.
Yes. Context and a diagnosis. Maybe there will be more surreptitious visits to Dr. James Andrews and diagrams in the Minneapolis papers. :lol:

Patler
02-03-2010, 10:10 AM

Yes. Context and a diagnosis. Maybe there will be more surreptitious visits to Dr. James Andrews and diagrams in the Minneapolis papers. :lol:

Those can't possibly heal before,...oh...about the end of August, can they??? :wink:

red
02-03-2010, 10:11 AM
the bruises don't bother me as much as the ankle

about 7 or 8 years ago i landed on the side of my ankle after trying to block a shot in basketball. i came down on the side of another guys foot, rolled my ankle, and the little knob on the side of the ankle is what hit the floor and what i landed on.

that knob when from being a little bit smaller then a golf ball, to being the size of a baseball within an hour.

i couldn't put weight on it for over a week, none at all. i couldn't run on it for 4 or 5 months. and i couldn't walk or run pain free for over a half of a year. and i have a pretty high pain tolerance

his ankle is about the size of a softball judging by that picture.

a have to imagine its messed up pretty bad

KYPack
02-03-2010, 11:16 AM

Thought I did it right. Thanks for the edit, PB

Freak Out
02-03-2010, 11:52 AM
Favre is a puss.....I send Pop Warner kids back onto the field with worse than that. So is Freeny.....cut the little toe off and get back out there!

Lurker64
02-03-2010, 11:56 AM

Thought I did it right. Thanks for the edit, PB

You almost did it right, the tag should go first and the tag should go second. The "/" indicates "stop doing that", which in this case is "treat the preceding as a URL".

Brando19
02-03-2010, 03:24 PM
Favre is a puss.....I send Pop Warner kids back onto the field with worse than that. So is Freeny.....cut the little toe off and get back out there!

Someone call the cops on this sick sonofabitch.

Cheesehead Craig
02-03-2010, 04:19 PM
The local news media here in Minneapolis won't show the pics or discuss them as the source isn't credible given it's just some guys blog. To play devil's advocate, there's nothing on those photos to prove they belong to Favre other than this blogger saying so.

MJZiggy
02-03-2010, 04:59 PM

about 7 or 8 years ago i landed on the side of my ankle after trying to block a shot in basketball. i came down on the side of another guys foot, rolled my ankle, and the little knob on the side of the ankle is what hit the floor and what i landed on.

that knob when from being a little bit smaller then a golf ball, to being the size of a baseball within an hour.

i couldn't put weight on it for over a week, none at all. i couldn't run on it for 4 or 5 months. and i couldn't walk or run pain free for over a half of a year. and i have a pretty high pain tolerance

I've sprained my ankle worse than that any number of times and somehow everyone expects me to get up off my ass and take care of them when I do. Where's my $12 mil? I've also noticed that the older I get, the easier I bruise....

MichiganPackerFan
02-03-2010, 06:08 PM

I've sprained my ankle worse than that any number of times and somehow everyone expects me to get up off my ass and take care of them when I do. Where's my $12 mil? I've also noticed that the older I get, the easier I bruise....

Maybe you should mouth off less... KIDDING!! KIDDING!!

Joemailman
02-03-2010, 06:24 PM
I guess we can all just be thankful Favre didn't have a groin injury...at least most of us are thankful.

hoosier
02-03-2010, 06:33 PM
I guess we can all just be thankful Favre didn't have a groin injury...at least most of us are thankful.

And thankful that he did not decide to show the world what a pain in the a** he can be :lol:

The Shadow
02-03-2010, 07:35 PM

Wouldn't really be very hard to make up the list.

MadtownPacker
02-03-2010, 08:09 PM
Shadow you really gotta be such a bastard? Huh old timer? Those who dont like Favre got the last laugh, simple as that. This forum should return to a place that talks about the draft around this time. You guys dont have anything knowledgable to say anymore? I can get this info from drunk homeboys at a party. Come through with that nitty gritty shit like back in the days cuz this is tired BS from both sides of this debate.

You got any Packers news/talk Shadow or you just got BS?

MadtownPacker
02-03-2010, 08:12 PM

Thought I did it right. Thanks for the edit, PBIf you just put the full damn link and dont add the tags it will work as well.

Just trying to make it easier on your old ass. :D

KYPack
02-03-2010, 08:56 PM

Thought I did it right. Thanks for the edit, PBIf you just put the full damn link and dont add the tags it will work as well.

Just trying to make it easier on your old ass. :D

Yeah. I did it 3 times and still fucked it up.

So did you watch the vid, vato?

Administrator
02-03-2010, 09:30 PM

from his 486-20, on his AOL dialup account?

No. He did not watch the video. :wink:

mraynrand
02-03-2010, 09:32 PM

I figured Madtown was still using a Commodore 64.

Bretsky
02-03-2010, 09:33 PM
NFL NETWORK

Greatest 4th Quarters

Showing Pack vs Vikes in 2000

Didn't that asshole guy that everyone hates play in that game....the dude everyone boo's cause they hate him?

Yup, and that guy who completely sucks rocks and always has played pretty dang well that game.

Gex, isn't this pretty much what you're complaining SC does?

Pot meet kettle

Bretsky
02-03-2010, 09:35 PM
I think I'm with Fritz here. I need to see photos of what other players look like after a game in which they take a solid pounding. Favre isn't the only player ever to get hit a lot in a game you know. I'm not a 6'2" football player, but if they were paying me $12 million, I'd probably put up with a few bruises from being hit by guys my size--even big bruises--without even posting them on the internet. Football players get hit like this all the time. Football players play with injuries worse than these all the time. I don't understand what the fuss is about.

completely agree

Administrator
02-03-2010, 09:44 PM

I know for certain he's got a 486-20 because he insisted on it as part of the deal, along with 200 free AOL CD's.

Zool
02-03-2010, 10:58 PM

I know for certain he's got a 486-20 because he insisted on it as part of the deal, along with 200 free AOL CD's.

If the new site doesn't get the dripping blood banner seperating stories I'm gonna be pissed.

Also where's the rotating flashing hit counter at the bottom?

Fritz
02-04-2010, 05:44 AM
Shadow you really gotta be such a bastard? Huh old timer? Those who dont like Favre got the last laugh, simple as that. This forum should return to a place that talks about the draft around this time. You guys dont have anything knowledgable to say anymore? I can get this info from drunk homeboys at a party. Come through with that nitty gritty shit like back in the days cuz this is tired BS from both sides of this debate.

I thought that's what this was. Oops. Does that mean I don't have to swill half a bottle of jack before I post on this site any more?

Pugger
02-04-2010, 09:53 AM

Last spring I turned my ankle so bad I broke the tip of the bottom of my fibula! :doh:

woodbuck27
02-04-2010, 02:05 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sOlI0Y8d6UA&feature=related

Here is the whole story.

swede
02-04-2010, 03:26 PM

Last spring I turned my ankle so bad I broke the tip of the bottom of my fibula! :doh:

Once I threw a ball so hard my right arm fell off and I picked it up and clubbed the defensive end with it on the next play. I would have scored sixty points in that game if the dam hadn't broke.

The Shadow
02-04-2010, 04:50 PM

Well, there's something to be said for consistency, right?

Ok then, I will try:
1. I want a complement to Clay Mathews OR an instinctive DB in the 1st round of the draft. An offensive lineman in the 2nd.
2. I think James Campen should be replaced, as well as Slocum.
3. I don't think running back is all that big of a concern, outside of someone (later pick?) to take the place of Green, should he be at the end of the line.

Pugger
02-04-2010, 06:11 PM

Once I threw a ball so hard my right arm fell off and I picked it up and clubbed the defensive end with it on the next play. I would have scored sixty points in that game if the dam hadn't broke.

I guess you are trying to be cute but I actually DID break my ankle. :( I couldn't but any weight on it for 6 weeks. Almost went crazy just sitting around. You can only do so many sukoku or jigsaw puzzles...

swede
02-04-2010, 06:36 PM
I guess you are trying to be cute but I actually DID break my ankle. :( I couldn't but any weight on it for 6 weeks. Almost went crazy just sitting around. You can only do so many sukoku or jigsaw puzzles...

Pugger, in real life I can promise you I'd never make light of your pain.

Last night I was rolling through some old Dilbert panels and the Topper character came up. Topper is the guy at work who doesn't listen to your story--he just tops it with a story of his own.

I once told my dad, "It's not funny if you have to explain it." and he said, "In your case it's usually just not funny."

MJZiggy
02-04-2010, 07:27 PM

OW! :(

pbmax
02-04-2010, 07:44 PM

Wan't Shadow referring to a list of fans of pictures of Favre's groin?

Not the ongoing debate over who was more aggrieved?

I for one, do not wish to see the pictures unless they are of Mrs. Favre's groin.

MJZiggy
02-04-2010, 08:10 PM
I don't need pictures of Favre's groin...just not interested.

ThunderDan
02-04-2010, 10:07 PM
NFL NETWORK

Greatest 4th Quarters

Didn't that asshole guy that everyone hates play in that game....the dude everyone boo's cause they hate him?

Yup, and that guy who completely sucks rocks and always has played pretty dang well that game.

Pot meet kettle

Interesting response! Gex complains that SC baits people in the thread and he should be banned. I was just wondering why he wouldn't have asked for you and Rastak to be banned earlier in the thread for doing the same thing.

It's amazing that when the provoker shared his point of view it was all peachy but as soon as the "Pro-Packers" group does the same thing he starts whining.

So pointing this out is pot meets kettle? :oops:

Bretsky
02-04-2010, 11:04 PM
NFL NETWORK

Greatest 4th Quarters

Pot meet kettle

Interesting response! Gex complains that SC baits people in the thread and he should be banned. I was just wondering why he wouldn't have asked for you and Rastak to be banned earlier in the thread for doing the same thing.

It's amazing that when the provoker shared his point of view it was all peachy but as soon as the "Pro-Packers" group does the same thing he starts whining.

So pointing this out is pot meets kettle? :oops:

It's hypocritical when the one pointing it out sometimes does the same. :idea:

pbmax
02-05-2010, 12:54 AM
Fine. I will mark you down as "curious". Not groin interested.

Just groin curious. :D

pbmax
02-05-2010, 02:00 AM
But what if SC baits Woody, who posts a 23.000 word diatribe with random bolding about the inner workings of Brett's mind and character that causes SC to respond with more snark, earning him a condemnation from Bretsky. Who then gets hit with a broadside attack (no B, not that kind of broad) from Thunder Dan, who being relatively new does not understand that Bretsky tries very hard to be middle of the road even though he bleeds Favre colored blood?

Then 007 jumps to Bretsky's defense, however, the kindness of that message is lost when packerarcher launches a short but powerful and possibly hallucinogenic contention that Brett, like time, heals all wounds and is a competitor like no other. Ty then attacks packerarcher's sanity and sobriety to great affect but does so in an angry and condescending manner. This gets Gex's blood up and all that can be done is one message with the multiple clapping emoticon and another decrying that Ty should be allowed to publish such attacks while they are simply trying to appreciate the glory of Favre.

Meanwhile pbmax, who only comes in occasionally to fact check (:roll:), responds to Woody's first post in the series from 124 messages back, with a long list of factual complaints and links from 12 other NFL websites that he frequents while he should be working, all meant to point out that Woody can't possibly know what goes on in Brett's mind AND even if we give him that argument, Brett's job description is not Asst. GM. Woody responds with a "good issues for thought" message and a request for time, which causes Gunakor to offer that Woody should take the next 13 months off from PackerRats to study the issue. Woodbuck questions Gunakor's familiarity with the rules of decent society and leaves to study the issue for sometime.

Skin posts a picture of a woman getting bitten by a snake. SC compares this to Packer fans and Favre. Nutz posts a heartfelt plea that Favre has been wronged even if he is not perfect and can't we root for the guy who rescued the franchise from the pit of despair. But Skin and Nutz cannot agree on which strip bar to watch the game at because the obvious choice is frequented by a loon who has been Skin nothing but trouble and the evil eye since Favregate started and Skin does not want it to go down if Nutz doesn't have his back.

MOBB, after posting a thread about his man and brother Brandon Lloyd (BRANDON THE MAN!!) the chimes in with a thought about the shared humanity of all and asks if we cannot find common ground. Then he asks Ziggy to meet him to go bowling. Several posters ask MOBB to stay on topic (Favre not Lloyd) and please translate his last post into the Queen's English. Ziggy cannot go bowling, her son is asking her to explain the reason for Skin's picture. Outrage over the picture mounts, but Fritz thinks the girl in the photo might know Drew Barrymore. MrAynRand posts a picture of a Fat Lady singing with a five-day growth of beard, thereby putting an end to Fritz's dreams of Barrymore and responding to MOBBs plea for understanding by simultaneously calling Favre a crier, fat and a woman.

Red cannot believe anyone can worry about Favre while there are clearly problems on the line, in the defensive backfield and at punter. Lurker posts with the top 32 at each position including links and reminds us that Favre was the 3rd rated QB in the 1991 draft. bulldog reminds is that Favre is not a big game QB, SC posts INT reaction shots from Favre's last five teams and 007 reminds Scott that being a character is not the same as having a character.

Then the debate commences over who started being mean first. Is it worse to be a pot stirrer, a sh*t stirrer or an emoticon abuser? And everyone wonders how this thread has made it to 84,600 posts. :lol:

packrulz
02-05-2010, 05:09 AM
http://www.thenorthwestern.com/article/20100205/OSH0101/302050081/1128&located=rss

Scott Campbell
02-05-2010, 06:44 AM

Strangely enough it looks a lot like the back of gex's head.

Scott Campbell
02-05-2010, 06:47 AM
But what if SC baits Woody, who posts a 23.000 word diatribe with random bolding about the inner workings of Brett's mind and character that causes SC to respond with more snark, earning him a condemnation from Bretsky. Who then gets hit with a broadside attack (no B, not that kind of broad) from Thunder Dan, who being relatively new does not understand that Bretsky tries very hard to be middle of the road even though he bleeds Favre colored blood?

Then 007 jumps to Bretsky's defense, however, the kindness of that message is lost when packerarcher launches a short but powerful and possibly hallucinogenic contention that Brett, like time, heals all wounds and is a competitor like no other. Ty then attacks packerarcher's sanity and sobriety to great affect but does so in an angry and condescending manner. This gets Gex's blood up and all that can be done is one message with the multiple clapping emoticon and another decrying that Ty should be allowed to publish such attacks while they are simply trying to appreciate the glory of Favre.

Meanwhile pbmax, who only comes in occasionally to fact check (:roll:), responds to Woody's first post in the series from 124 messages back, with a long list of factual complaints and links from 12 other NFL websites that he frequents while he should be working, all meant to point out that Woody can't possibly know what goes on in Brett's mind AND even if we give him that argument, Brett's job description is not Asst. GM. Woody responds with a "good issues for thought" message and a request for time, which causes Gunakor to offer that Woody should take the next 13 months off from PackerRats to study the issue. Woodbuck questions Gunakor's familiarity with the rules of decent society and leaves to study the issue for sometime.

Skin posts a picture of a woman getting bitten by a snake. SC compares this to Packer fans and Favre. Nutz posts a heartfelt plea that Favre has been wronged even if he is not perfect and can't we root for the guy who rescued the franchise from the pit of despair. But Skin and Nutz cannot agree on which strip bar to watch the game at because the obvious choice is frequented by a loon who has been Skin nothing but trouble and the evil eye since Favregate started and Skin does not want it to go down if Nutz doesn't have his back.

MOBB, after posting a thread about his man and brother Brandon Lloyd (BRANDON THE MAN!!) the chimes in with a thought about the shared humanity of all and asks if we cannot find common ground. Then he asks Ziggy to meet him to go bowling. Several posters ask MOBB to stay on topic (Favre not Lloyd) and please translate his last post into the Queen's English. Ziggy cannot go bowling, her son is asking her to explain the reason for Skin's picture. Outrage over the picture mounts, but Fritz thinks the girl in the photo might know Drew Barrymore. MrAynRand posts a picture of a Fat Lady singing with a five-day growth of beard, thereby putting an end to Fritz's dreams of Barrymore and responding to MOBBs plea for understanding by simultaneously calling Favre a crier, fat and a woman.

Red cannot believe anyone can worry about Favre while there are clearly problems on the line, in the defensive backfield and at punter. Lurker posts with the top 32 at each position including links and reminds us that Favre was the 3rd rated QB in the 1991 draft. bulldog reminds is that Favre is not a big game QB, SC posts INT reaction shots from Favre's last five teams and 007 reminds Scott that being a character is not the same as having a character.

Then the debate commences over who started being mean first. Is it worse to be a pot stirrer, a sh*t stirrer or an emoticon abuser? And everyone wonders how this thread has made it to 84,600 posts. :lol:

Classic!!! :lol:

Fritz
02-05-2010, 06:55 AM
Since it's the Favre thread I want to bring up something I don't think I've heard anyone comment upon in the discussion of the now-infamous Favre interception just a couple weeks ago: Most people suggest that Favre should have run, but when I watched a replay, over and over, stopping it and starting, I noticed a Viking - #42 I believe - out on the right sideline, seemingly open if Favre had fired a shot to him. The guy is at about the 31 yard line and his defender is about four or so yards away, moreso when the defender sees Favre look over the middle.

Had Favre faked the throw over the middle and fired it to the guy on the right sideline, that would have been about a 48 yard field goal (assuming the receiver catches the ball and doesn't make any forward progress but steps out of bounds). In fact, the clock on the screen showed about 12 seconds left when Favre was intercepted, so with one more timeout the Vikes could have run a running play up the middle and called their last timeout, with the ball centered.

So you'd be talking about a 48 yard field goal, maybe shorter, in a dome, by Longwell.

hurleyfan
02-05-2010, 07:12 AM

Beautiful!

Administrator
02-05-2010, 08:03 AM

Dear God. What have I purchased? :cry:

sheepshead
02-05-2010, 08:11 AM
white cross and red bull at 3:00 am, not a good combination.

GrnBay007
02-05-2010, 08:11 AM

Kinda funny when you put it that way. :D

P.S. They started it! :P

TravisWilliams23
02-05-2010, 08:53 AM
Since it's the Favre thread I want to bring up something I don't think I've heard anyone comment upon in the discussion of the now-infamous Favre interception just a couple weeks ago: Most people suggest that Favre should have run, but when I watched a replay, over and over, stopping it and starting, I noticed a Viking - #42 I believe - out on the right sideline, seemingly open if Favre had fired a shot to him. The guy is at about the 31 yard line and his defender is about four or so yards away, moreso when the defender sees Favre look over the middle.

Had Favre faked the throw over the middle and fired it to the guy on the right sideline, that would have been about a 48 yard field goal (assuming the receiver catches the ball and doesn't make any forward progress but steps out of bounds). In fact, the clock on the screen showed about 12 seconds left when Favre was intercepted, so with one more timeout the Vikes could have run a running play up the middle and called their last timeout, with the ball centered.

So you'd be talking about a 48 yard field goal, maybe shorter, in a dome, by Longwell.

Yes Fritz, I saw that too. The player was Berrian, # 87, who was the
1st option on that play according to the breakdown of the play video
shown earlier in this thread.

Once Favre looked towards the middle, the defender who was covering
him dropped off coverage towards the middle, leaving Berrian open
a good 5-7 yards. He was around the 30 yard line at that point.

Kinda reminded my of the 2007 championship game interception where
you can see other Packer receivers coming open but I can't tell from the
video if it would have been possible to wait that extra second to finish the play.

KYPack
02-05-2010, 08:54 AM

Helluva a post, PB. That was a real screed, you just about got it all in that one.

You forgot:

...and Madtown bitched us all out for being White.

Again.

pbmax
02-05-2010, 09:05 AM

And that just covers the last six months. :lol:

Noodle
02-05-2010, 09:06 AM
PB, so much great stuff, but this couplet

Skin posts a picture of a woman getting bitten by a snake. SC compares this to Packer fans and Favre.

was just superb. Captured the true essence of the Skin as well as the killer ability of SC to turn anything in to wicked snark.

Son, you're wasting your talents on this board. Hope you keep doing so.

MichiganPackerFan
02-05-2010, 09:31 AM
PB, that was genius! (just sad and embarrassed to be left out :cry: )

SkinBasket
02-05-2010, 09:48 AM
PB, so much great stuff, but this couplet

Skin posts a picture of a woman getting bitten by a snake. SC compares this to Packer fans and Favre.

was just superb. Captured the true essence of the Skin as well as the killer ability of SC to turn anything in to wicked snark.

Son, you're wasting your talents on this board. Hope you keep doing so.

It's not just my essence, it's my reality. She's in the lesbian thread in the GC if you're man enough to watch a snake biting a woman.

Noodle
02-05-2010, 10:09 AM
Checked the thread and was treated to one of the biggest friggin cat fights I've ever seen. But no hot snake on chick action that I saw. Maybe my work filter blocked it out.

Oh well, another day in disappointment land.

pbmax
02-05-2010, 11:06 AM
It was late and I ran out of energy too soon to include everyone.

Gunakor
02-05-2010, 01:03 PM

Here's your winner!

Great post PB, and thank you. I was having an awful day, I needed a good laugh.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

MJZiggy
02-05-2010, 01:58 PM
It was late and I ran out of energy too soon to include everyone.

He can come bowling if he helps explain that picture to my kid.

Scott Campbell
02-05-2010, 02:13 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t36L4rgKl_c

TravisWilliams23
02-05-2010, 02:44 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t36L4rgKl_c

Now that's funny!

woodbuck27
02-05-2010, 02:50 PM

Yes Fritz. Looking at and studing that play I saw exactly the same option. One that looked clearly as Favre's best opportunity to set up a FG at 48 yards or less depended on the forward progress after the catch and any ensueing play.

I couldn't tell who that player was standing on or near the 30 yard line but I'm sure he was shocked not to get the pass. All Favre had to do was pull back on his intended receiver Sydney Rice and it's an easy toss to the right.

Who was that player Rastak, or anyone else if you know?

woodbuck27
02-05-2010, 03:13 PM

Yes that was funny but I protest. I've cut way back on the CAP's. Also I apologize for not always responding to posts ( the one you refer to pbmax I'm not even aware of or can re-call ). For the longest time I've not been on line.

Here's the thing as I see it on the Favre attacks and how many still loyal to Favre may feel reading this garbage. This tread is all we here loyal to Favre have left. We are Packer fans who still cherish the fact of Favre and how he pursues his hopes to win another Super Bowl. The thing is. He's damned if he does and damned if he doesn't but worse we have to bear the ridicule of the buffoon's and maintain our contempt of such posters for the overall good of the forum.

Some I'm sure want to go all commie and ban all mention of Brett Favre here. These (if in fact they exist) are the extremists and need to be ignored by the real powers here. The fact remains this thread is ' like a home or homestead ' dedicated to Brett Favre trivia etc.

Now can't most of you agree with this? If you are a guest in my home and you attack my parent or sibling. Your wide open to getting your arse ripped. Funny thing is those of us that see Favre as more positive appreciate the great season he had overall and take the high road when it comes to responding to the posts of a buffoon. Fools can only outdo themselves. Fools have no dignity and almost seem to enjoy being the village idiot. One can only wonder about their lack of esteem and really just ignore that poster or risk being lowered to his or her level.

All season long we have persevered.

swede
02-05-2010, 04:19 PM
If you are a guest in my home and you attack my parent or sibling. Your wide open to getting your arse ripped.

That would never happen.

http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z236/dsteenswede44/dwight.jpg

Cheesehead Craig
02-05-2010, 04:42 PM
How about we just lock the thread and just deal with that he hasn't been a Packer for 2 years.

Freak Out
02-05-2010, 05:14 PM
Checked the thread and was treated to one of the biggest friggin cat fights I've ever seen. But no hot snake on chick action that I saw. Maybe my work filter blocked it out.

Oh well, another day in disappointment land.

There is a thread in the GC where he posted that......as well as some very hot lesbian action.

Bossman641
02-05-2010, 05:37 PM
How about we just lock the thread and just deal with that he hasn't been a Packer for 2 years.

Maybe once he retires......and then changes his mind.....and then does a few interviews......and then leaks info to the press.............and then changes his mind again......and then removes Ed Werder and Mort from his cell phone..........and then October rolls around and he still isn't playing.

Scott Campbell
02-05-2010, 05:49 PM
This thread is all we here loyal to Favre have left.

It's all any of us Fans For Poetic Favre Justice have left too. Your side isn't being singled out.

pbmax
02-05-2010, 05:53 PM

Yes that was funny but I protest. I've cut way back on the CAP's. Also I apoligize for not always responding to posts ( the one you refer to pbmax I'm not even aware of or can re-call ). For the longest time I've not been on line.

Here's the thing as I see it on the Favre attacks and how many still loyal to Favre may feel reading this garbage. This tread is all we here loyal to Favre have left. We are Packer fans who still cherish the fact of Favre and how he pursues his hopes to win another Super Bowl. The thing is. He's damned if he does and damned if he doesn't but worse we have to bear the ridicule of the buffoon's and maintain our contempt of such posters for the overall good of the forum.

Some I'm sure want to go all commie and ban all mention of Brett Favre here. These (if in fact they exist) are the extremists and need to be ignored by the real powers here. The fact remains this thread is ' like a home or homestead ' dedicated to Brett Favre trivia etc.

Now can't most of you agree with this? If you are a guest in my home and you attack my parent or sibling. Your wide open to getting your arse ripped. Funny thing is those of us that see Favre as more positive appreciate the great season he had overall and take the high road when it comes to responding to the posts of a buffoon. Fools can only outdo themselves. Fools have no dignity and almost seem to enjoy being the village idiot. One can only wonder about their lack of esteem and really just ignore that poster or risk being lowered to his or her level.

All season long we have persevered.
No Woody, that was a post from long ago (an exception to most of the other referenced posts/posters) and from another thread. And I think you did eventually respond. No worries. And the Bold/Caps Lock was just a callback to that time too.

I would just like folks to stop blaming everyone else for the way they feel. No more references to hating or loving (at least as far as Brett goes) or pot stirring or pot calling the kettle black, or calling the Admin to ban or moderate. If all the Favre stuff is in here, then some of it will be pro and other material will be anti. I think we are all adults enough to understand there are a great variety of viewpoints about Brett at this point, some of which we simply aren't going to agree on.

But there is no reason to plead, beg or respond angrily to any post. This may be the "home" of Brett Favre material, but it isn't anyone's home in particular, so we need to keep some distance from it.

Scott Campbell
02-05-2010, 05:55 PM
Fools can only outdo themselves. Fools have no dignity and almost seem to enjoy being the village idiot. One can only wonder about their lack of esteem and really just ignore that poster or risk being lowered to his or her level.

You mean like this?

Exhibit A:

I ate Darren Charles shit once. right out of the toliet. It was good.

Yea sure, but come on get REAL - own up to the whole TRUTH, Doctor.

"Someone told me - you had EXTRA fries , EXTRA ketchup and you were real heavy on the hot peppers, with that late night snack." jk

Evidently, Packer fans.

Dr. Nutz had a munch on and was stuck.

Due to the hour, that wasn't one of those very rare ,late night eateries that afforded the refined discrimminating Doctor, a garnish ala 'Grey Poupon'.

I mean come on Dr.Nutz. You were eating 'almost' . . . . HOLY Shit' .

I'll add this though, and to your credit Doctor. That experience that you re-call so well, is well let's say . . . .

It's very Byzantine.[/b]

Scott Campbell
02-05-2010, 05:58 PM
No Woody, that was a post from long ago (an exception to most of the other referenced posts/posters) and from another thread. And I think you did eventually respond. No worries. And the Bold/Caps Lock was just a callback to that time too.

I would just like folks to stop blaming everyone else for the way they feel. No more references to hating or loving (at least as far as Brett goes) or pot stirring or pot calling the kettle black, or calling the Admin to ban or moderate. If all the Favre stuff is in here, then some of it will be pro and other material will be anti. I think we are all adults enough to understand there are a great variety of viewpoints about Brett at this point, some of which we simply aren't going to agree on.

But there is no reason to plead, beg or respond angrily to any post. This may be the "home" of Brett Favre material, but it isn't anyone's home in particular, so we need to keep some distance from it.

Great post. You're dead on without taking either side. Switzerland would be proud.

I get the impression that Woody thinks that those not agreeing with him are fools. Because he said as much.

woodbuck27
02-07-2010, 01:04 PM

Great post. You're dead on without taking either side. Switzerland would be proud.

I get the impression that Woody thinks that those not agreeing with him are fools. Because he said as much.

Scott. This isn't about me Vs them. It's about declaring and exibiting some decent respect for aguably one of the top 3-5 All Time QB's. We can definitely agree that Favre's pick was a turning point in what looked like a Viking victory. That play forced the game into OT. After that it comes down to a coin toss and getting the correct call.

You as much admitted that it was your grief that it appeared as thought the Vikings would pull out this game. Dis you consider the impact of the too many men in the huddle 5 yard penalty? Wasn't that too a turning point that called for a passing play? You as much as admitted that the Vikings dominated on offense. The Viking defense allowed 77 yards of offense in the second half. This game was stolen from the Vikings in regulation but no more or less that game went to OT and it's brand new.

Then as happens more than not was won after getting the correct coin toss. There are many factors to consider in a teams winning or losing. This game came down to two successive success's. Winning a coin toss and winning a challenge on a pass completion that was challenged and ruled as called and a subsequent 40 yard field goal.

Favre had nothing at all to do with what transpired in OT. Yet you go all kiddish over his pick. Where is your common sense or dignity man? I believe in this issue it's lost in your need to take apart a man that still means alot to many Packer fans. It's lost in your disrespect for more that Brett Favre Scott Campbell. You fail to weigh respect for those here that wish the best for a fine QB that will live on as a Packer and NFL great.

You've had your fun Scott. It's time to let that pick go. The score was afterall tied on a Viking comeback before and after that pick.

MadtownPacker
02-07-2010, 02:33 PM
Woody, shit went down the way it did and it aint changing. Why do you continue to argue with a useless piece of shit like campbell? You allow him have what he wants and that is to ruin this forum. Just let that BS go and work with those who have something interesting to say. Maybe avoid this thread for a while if you have to.

Scott Campbell
02-07-2010, 04:11 PM
The Vikings had played their way into the Superbowl. The game was over. But then Favre inexplicably choked. Again. With the entire Viking season on the line, Favre did what he always does in that situation. He choked. Just like Philly. Just like NY. The game should have been over. He's no longer a closer, and hasn't been since the magical 96 season. That seems like a very long time ago.

And best of all, he deserved it.

HowardRoark
02-07-2010, 04:56 PM
I am too lazy to see if these pictures have already been posted.....it looks like he has cast his spell on Viking fans too.

http://www.kfan.com/pages/teamguides/vikings/notebook/FavreBillboard020510.html

KYPack
02-07-2010, 07:06 PM
Freakin' Hattiesburg is lovely this time 'o year, ain't it?

GrnBay007
02-07-2010, 07:08 PM
Halftime, but so far the Vikings could have beat either of these teams. Maybe seeing that will bring back BF for 1 more season!! :D

Patler
02-07-2010, 07:13 PM
Halftime, but so far the Vikings could have beat either of these teams.

Apparently not, because they had their chance to beat one of them, and failed. :lol:

The Shadow
02-07-2010, 07:15 PM
Personally, I think old Scott is one of the best posters here.
Why the hate?

packerbacker1234
02-07-2010, 07:24 PM

Apparently not, because they had their chance to beat one of them, and failed. :lol:

Ha, well to be fair, coming out of the game everyone kenw the vikings were the better team. They were better in every phase of the game... but they turne dit over like 5 times.

Scott Campbell
02-07-2010, 07:37 PM
Halftime, but so far the Vikings could have beat either of these teams...............

........behind Aaron Rodgers they could.

Bretsky
02-07-2010, 08:26 PM
Halftime, but so far the Vikings could have beat either of these teams...............

........behind Aaron Rodgers they could.

Depends if he had to hit a wide open wide receiver on a long ball for the win or not.

Truth be told Rodgers had a chance to win that game after having a very good game. He blew the throw

Favre had a chance to help his team win that game by either running for five more yards or throwing to somebody else. Both still assume Longwell makes a field goal next to what he noted was his limit and he needed more yards for that. They were out of field goal range with an incompletion. He blew the throw as well. To say his team had the game won is untrue; they were out of field goal range after a stupid penalty

Anybody can come out and say the loss was not Rodgers fault for that and there were many more reasons GB lost than the final throw. Ditto for the Vikings game.

pbmax
02-07-2010, 08:39 PM
I thought I had killed this thread. Oh well.

MOBB DEEP
02-07-2010, 08:46 PM
Halftime, but so far the Vikings could have beat either of these teams. Maybe seeing that will bring back BF for 1 more season!! :D

CLEARLY...

good to hear all the players are textn favre telln him to bring his choking tail back! good to do it early too....smart move....plus they know he gives them best chance other than VICK DA GREAT

Patler
02-07-2010, 08:53 PM

Ha, well to be fair, coming out of the game everyone kenw the vikings were the better team. They were better in every phase of the game... but they turne dit over like 5 times.

Hard to say, in all honesty, which is the better team week in and week out.. If both teams played the way they did that game, the Vikings should win. But who's to say if they played 10 more times that the Saints wouldn't play a heck of a lot better, and the Vikings worse, even without fumbles? You just don't know.

When a team can lose to Tampa Bay one week and beat the Cowboys the next, it goes to show that past performance or present performance means little. All that matters is the scoreboard, because the same two teams might look totally different playing each other a week later.

Bretsky
02-07-2010, 09:00 PM

Hard to say, in all honesty, which is the better team week in and week out.. If both teams played the way they did that game, the Vikings should win. But who's to say if they played 10 more times that the Saints wouldn't play a heck of a lot better, and the Vikings worse, even without fumbles? You just don't know.

When a team can lose to Tampa Bay one week and beat the Cowboys the next, it goes to show that past performance or present performance means little. All that matters is the scoreboard, because the same two teams might look totally different playing each other a week later.

:bclap:

SkinBasket
02-07-2010, 09:01 PM

*(infinity) +1

pbmax
02-07-2010, 09:09 PM

*(infinity) +1
You forgot a emoticon.

MJZiggy
02-07-2010, 09:12 PM
I thought I had killed this thread. Oh well.

In yer dreams! :lol: :lol: :lol:

SkinBasket
02-07-2010, 09:16 PM
You forgot a emoticon.

I'm going to kill you. It's "an" emoticon.

pbmax
02-07-2010, 09:18 PM
You forgot a emoticon.

I'm going to kill you. It's "an" emoticon. :eyes:

RashanGary
02-07-2010, 09:23 PM
It's nice to see Brees up there. I don't know if I could have handled Bert sitting up there talking about himself for an hour.

Nice to hear a guy talk about the other players and the city.

Scott Campbell
02-07-2010, 09:23 PM

pbmax
02-07-2010, 09:29 PM
It's nice to see Brees up there. I don't know if I could have handled Bert sitting up there talking about himself for an hour.

Nice to hear a guy talk about the other players and the city.
Really? This is your lasting impression of Favre? C'mon. Everyone just give up this thread.

gex
02-07-2010, 09:54 PM
Woody, shit went down the way it did and it aint changing. Why do you continue to argue with a useless piece of shit like campbell? You allow him have what he wants and that is to ruin this forum. Just let that BS go and work with those who have something interesting to say. Maybe avoid this thread for a while if you have to.

I honestly believe that is his only purpose here.
He thrives on ripping on other posters emotions no matter what they may be.

HowardRoark
02-07-2010, 09:57 PM
He thrives on ripping on other posters emoticons no matter what they may be.

fixed

pbmax
02-07-2010, 10:22 PM
My goal in this life is to outlive this thread.

MadtownPacker
02-07-2010, 10:27 PM
He thrives on ripping on other posters emotions no matter what they may be.Until you get your shit together you aint any better man. Try to avoid it.

Same to you B, 007, Woody, myself etc.

gex
02-07-2010, 10:35 PM
He thrives on ripping on other posters emoticons no matter what they may be.

fixed :bclap: :bclap: :bclap:
I gotta give that 3 clappps
Since Ty left your my new favorite debater Howard. 8-)

Bretsky
02-07-2010, 10:41 PM
He thrives on ripping on other posters emotions no matter what they may be.Until you get your shit together you aint any better man. Try to avoid it.

Same to you B, 007, Woody, myself etc.

You are right; best to just ignore at this point; I'm to the point where I hardly read some posters who I use to think highly of and as a result I post less and I've noticed the same of others.

Anybody seen Rastak lately ?

The intention of this thread was good; but the results have not been.

I question whether it will accomplish anything, but it might be time to consider zapping it so pb accomplishes his goal

Bossman641
02-07-2010, 10:48 PM
WTF is with the Favre supporters getting all emotional and bent out of shape? For the past 2 years WE (those who back the organization) have had to deal with the Favre bullshit and how the Packers made a mistake, how Favre was wronged, and on and on.

Any Favre supporter could have easily gone to a Jets or Vikings board, or to Favre's website and posted how much they love him there. They didn't.

Honestly, this shit is out of control expecting people to NOT be thrilled that Favre fucked up.

pbmax
02-07-2010, 10:59 PM
... but it might be time to consider zapping it so pb accomplishes his goal
Well, we don't need to hurry. Its not like I am on death's doorstep.

Yet.

:lol:

MJZiggy
02-07-2010, 11:00 PM
Good to know.

Administrator
02-07-2010, 11:01 PM
I hope in the end that this thread can be healing.

If not, I'll use it as the evidence as to why this place cannot be saved. I'll then register Favre rats for all you guys and become a cowboys fan. :P :wink:

swede
02-07-2010, 11:07 PM
IT'S ONE FREAKING FAVRE THREAD!

AND WHY ARE WE YELLING?
http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z236/dsteenswede44/20051026155320l-1.jpg

MJZiggy
02-07-2010, 11:09 PM
I hope in the end that this thread can be healing.

If not, I'll use it as the evidence as to why this place cannot be saved. I'll then register Favre rats for all you guys and become a cowboys fan. :P :wink:

Good GOD man, get hold of yourself! Nothing is EVER so unsalvageable as to even mention horror like that! :mrgreen:

pbmax
02-07-2010, 11:11 PM

AND WHY ARE WE YELLING?
There was a guy on a horse.

I killed a guy with a Trident.

vince
02-08-2010, 05:20 AM
And so it begins again...

Vikings want Favre's decision soon (http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_rumors/view/155070-vikings-want-favres-decision-soon)

The consensus guess is that Brett Favre will return. But Favre has proved it's virtually impossible to predict what he'll do next. The Vikings, although they won't say it, need to know Favre's plans before March 5, when the trading deadline opens, so they would be able to compete with other teams to acquire, for instance, a Donovan McNabb from Philadelphia or a Matt Hasselbeck from Seattle, or whomever they would try to bring in.

denverYooper
02-08-2010, 06:10 AM

AND WHY ARE WE YELLING?
There was a guy on a horse.

I killed a guy with a Trident.

Brick, I've been meaning to talk to you about that. You should find yourself a safehouse or a relative close by. Lay low for a while, because you're probably wanted for murder.

Fritz
02-08-2010, 06:30 AM
MARCH 5TH? Man, that's applying heavy pressure. Thing is, if he says he's coming back that's a lot more believable than if he says he's retiring.

Scott Campbell
02-08-2010, 07:44 AM
WTF is with the Favre supporters getting all emotional and bent out of shape?

I think many people are trying to believe that what happened didn't tarnish Bert's legacy. But it's really hard for them, given the way he lost that last game. Every time they try and deify his Lordship now, that pesky Tracy Porter shows up.

hoosier
02-08-2010, 07:45 AM
MARCH 5TH? Man, that's applying heavy pressure. Thing is, if he says he's coming back that's a lot more believable than if he says he's retiring.

And this we know how?

Scott Campbell
02-08-2010, 07:47 AM

AND WHY ARE WE YELLING?

BECAUSE - THIS IS NOT DETROIT!

Scott Campbell
02-08-2010, 07:48 AM

And this we know how?

Usually it's a text message to Mort. Or maybe his Mom has a press conference.

http://www.theonion.com/content/news_briefs/vikings_stand_behind_brett

Vikings Stand Behind Brett Favre's Decision To Jerk Team Around For Months

http://www.theonion.com/content/files/images/Farve.article_large.jpg

Joemailman
02-08-2010, 02:28 PM

I think many people are trying to believe that what happened didn't tarnish Bert's legacy. But it's really hard for them, given the way he lost that last game. Every time they try and deify his Lordship now, that pesky Tracy Porter shows up.

You talking about Favre or Peyton Manning?

Fritz
02-08-2010, 06:41 PM

And this we know how?

Because if he says he's coming back then he'll have to come to the off season stuff and the beginning of training camp. And he won't do that unless he's for sure coming back.

hoosier
02-08-2010, 06:58 PM

And this we know how?

Because if he says he's coming back then he'll have to come to the off season stuff and the beginning of training camp. And he won't do that unless he's for sure coming back.

I had a hunch that he might string out his tale of indecision until the end of August or something like that, all Penelope like. Not that he has ever done that before.

sheepshead
02-09-2010, 07:12 AM

Packerarcher
02-10-2010, 09:13 PM

You are waaay worse than any scorned lover,get the fuck over it and move on. You act like a 16 year old girl.

swede
02-10-2010, 10:01 PM
You act like a 16 year old girl.

Actually, Scott played the lead in West Side Story when he was in high school.

When he sang "I Feel Pretty" it stayed sung!

Joemailman
02-10-2010, 10:46 PM

You are waaay worse than any scorned lover,get the fuck over it and move on. You act like a 16 year old girl.

Scott likes to antagonize Favre fans a bit. Mission accomplished, I suppose.

Fritz
02-11-2010, 06:40 AM

Having three daughters recently past the age of 16, I can safely say they were, at 16, much more mature and reasonable than many of you, PA.

Scott Campbell
02-11-2010, 07:16 AM
Looks like the governor of MN is learning to choke right out of the Brett Favre playbook. They Favred away their season, and now may Favre away the entire team.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/02/10/minnesota-governor-says-funding-for-stadium-not-in-budget-proposal/

Scott Campbell
02-11-2010, 07:17 AM

Scott likes to antagonize Favre fans a bit. Mission accomplished, I suppose.

:oops:

Joemailman
02-11-2010, 07:30 AM
Looks like the governor of MN is learning to choke right out of the Brett Favre playbook. They Favred away their season, and now may Favre away the entire team.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/02/10/minnesota-governor-says-funding-for-stadium-not-in-budget-proposal/

I know when the Lakers moved from Minny to L.A. they kept the team name. Still, L.A. Vikings just doesn't sound right.

hoosier
02-11-2010, 08:30 AM

I know when the Lakers moved from Minny to L.A. they kept the team name. Still, L.A. Vikings just doesn't sound right.

The proposed stadium would be located west of LA proper in Industry, CA.

"The City of Industry Vikings" kind of has a ring to it.

Scott Campbell
02-11-2010, 08:37 AM

The proposed stadium would be located west of LA proper in Industry, CA.

"The City of Industry Vikings" kind of has a ring to it.

I'm not sure Brett is going to like being second banana to Kobe. LA's not big enough for the both of them. And Kobe doesn't choke.

Noodle
02-11-2010, 10:56 AM
And Kobe doesn't choke.

Well, that depends on whether you believed him or her.

woodbuck27
02-12-2010, 01:30 PM

Really Mad I'm not arguing with SC. I'm trying to make some sense with this man. Maybe referring to SC as a man and or imagining so is my error in judgement?

Because of the respect I have for you and others here I'm done with SC. I bow out. SC may never change but I can.

woodbuck27
02-12-2010, 01:44 PM
And so it begins again...

Vikings want Favre's decision soon (http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_rumors/view/155070-vikings-want-favres-decision-soon)

The consensus guess is that Brett Favre will return. But Favre has proved it's virtually impossible to predict what he'll do next. The Vikings, although they won't say it, need to know Favre's plans before March 5, when the trading deadline opens, so they would be able to compete with other teams to acquire, for instance, a Donovan McNabb from Philadelphia or a Matt Hasselbeck from Seattle, or whomever they would try to bring in.

After the tremendous season Favre had last there is no reason for him to dally with his decision to come back for one more try. He had to think realistically and realize that the trip to the Super Bowl was a two year plan.

Retiring at the top of his game isn't an option as I try to understand Brett Favre. Especially coming so close in the NFC Championship game. I hope Favre gets onboard fast for 2010 especially given it's an uncapped year and the Vikings should know what's missing to really be seen as going for it.

The last thing that Packer fans want is for Favre to continue. The best thing that Packer fans can hope for is for Brett Favre to hang em up. I can't see him being accomodating. :D

hoosier
02-12-2010, 01:52 PM
After the tremendous season Favre had last there is no reason for him to dally with his decision to come back for one more try.

Then why is he dallying and posting thank-yous to his fans that make it sound like he's retiring--again?

He had to think realistically and realize that the trip to the Super Bowl was a two year plan. Retiring at the top of his game isn't an option as I try to understand Brett Favre. Especially coming so close in the NFC Championship game. I hope Favre gets onboard fast for 2010 especially given it's an uncapped year and the Vikings should know what's missing to really be seen as going for it.

Two year plan? Why, because it was going to take Favre a year to get to know Childress's offensive scheme? :lol: If next year is any different it will be because it is a year too late: Pat Williams is in decline and talking retirement, Hutchinson's play fell off in 2009, and Favre himself will be 41. I don't think "wait till next year" has a very cheery ring for Vikings fans right now.

The last thing that Packer fans want is for Favre to continue. The best thing that Packer fans can hope for is for Brett Favre to hang em up. I can't see him being accomodating. :D

I think most Packer fans wish that Favre would disappear from the media spotlight AND return to the Vikings in 2010 so that the Packers can get some venganza.

Patler
02-12-2010, 01:59 PM
After the tremendous season Favre had last there is no reason for him to dally with his decision to come back for one more try. He had to think realistically and realize that the trip to the Super Bowl was a two year plan.

Retiring at the top of his game isn't an option as I try to understand Brett Favre. Especially coming so close in the NFC Championship game. I hope Favre gets onboard fast for 2010 especially given it's an uncapped year and the Vikings should know what's missing to really be seen as going for it.

How is his past season any different than his last season in GB? Many said that was his best season until then, he barely missed the Super Bowl in the NFC Championship game, and the Packers were young and rising. The vast majority of fans wanted him back.

If he could decide to retire then, he can certainly decide to retire now.

Are you suggesting he has a grudge against the Packer fans?

woodbuck27
02-12-2010, 02:20 PM
[quote=woodbuck27]

How is his past season any different than his last season in GB? Many said that was his best season until then, he barely missed the Super Bowl in the NFC Championship game, and the Packers were young and rising. The vast majority of fans wanted him back.

If he could decide to retire then, he can certainly decide to retire now.

quote]

My response to you:

Ohh my. Here we go again. Can we ever agree on this issue or get real and stop jerking this around? The Packer management wasn't on with Brett Favre after the 2007 season and decided that Aaron Rodgers was their starting QB Patler. What the Packer fans wanted or didn't is moot. Favre was out as a starter in Green Bay.

In respect. Whether a majority of Packer fans wanted Favre back after the loss to the Giants I'll leave to your analysis Patler based on your excellence with the stat's.

Are you suggesting he has a grudge against the Packer fans?

My response to you:

No I'm not suggesting such a thing Patler. For you to go there is foolish on your part. Please don't try to bait me in such a serious issue as that allegation appears to be. Maybe I'm confused with your query Patler? It's clear to me that Brett Favre always has been upfront on his respect for Packer fans in general.

Have you evidence of anything to the contrary Patler? :D

HarveyWallbangers
02-12-2010, 02:24 PM
Ohh my. Here we go again. Can we ever agree on this issue or get real and stop jerking this around? The Packer management wasn't on with Brett Favre after the 2007 season and decided that Aaron Rodgers was their starting QB Patler. What the Packer fass wanted or didn't is moot. Favre was out as a starter in Green bay.

Here's where I think you are completely clueless. If Favre announced soon after the 2007 season that he wanted to return, he would have been the starting QB in 2008. No question in my mind.

woodbuck27
02-12-2010, 02:30 PM
Ohh my. Here we go again. Can we ever agree on this issue or get real and stop jerking this around? The Packer management wasn't on with Brett Favre after the 2007 season and decided that Aaron Rodgers was their starting QB Patler. What the Packer fass wanted or didn't is moot. Favre was out as a starter in Green bay.

Here's where I think you are completely clueless. If Favre announced soon after the 2007 season that he wanted to return, he would have been the starting QB in 2008. No question in my mind.

We don't know absolutely for sure what happened Harvey.

hoosier
02-12-2010, 02:41 PM

We don't know absolutely for sure what happened.

It sure sounds like you think you know for sure what happened.

I think there will never be agreement on this because what's being argued is not the facts, or our limited insight into what actually went down. Instead, the arguments are based on personal likes and dislikes, admiration for Favre and distaste for Thompson. There is no way that any amount of reasoning can change how someone feels about TT, so this discussion is pointless.

ThunderDan
02-12-2010, 02:44 PM

What I do know for certain is that BF retired after the 2007 season taking himself off of the roster and out of the starting QB position. That is a fact no if ands or buts.

Brandon494
02-12-2010, 02:47 PM
Favre has been on this retirement shit for the past 5 or 6 years and the Packers just got tired of it. If that was his first time brining up retirement I believe they would have let him come back but the shit just got old and they knew what they had in AR. I would have let him come back after that 13-3 season but TT made the right decision going with Rodgers.

Scott Campbell
02-12-2010, 03:47 PM
Instead, the arguments are based on personal likes and dislikes, admiration for Favre and distaste for Thompson.

I dunno about this. I liked Favre as much as anybody prior to his unretirement diva act.

Scott Campbell
02-12-2010, 03:48 PM
I bow out. SC may never change but I can.

Perhaps one can teach an old goat new tricks. :lol:

hoosier
02-12-2010, 03:54 PM
Instead, the arguments are based on personal likes and dislikes, admiration for Favre and distaste for Thompson.

I dunno about this. I liked Favre as much as anybody prior to his unretirement diva act.

I think emotion plays out in slightly different ways among the pro and anti Favre crowds. Many of the pro-Favre fans seem to have internalized Favre's antipathy for TT, or maybe they were anti-TT even before the rift (there were certainly plenty of those). The most vehement anti-Favre fans display emotional reactions against the image of the traitor, the former teammate who would go out of his way to hurt his old team and his old fans just to score a personal point. What I am saying has little or nothing to do with how people felt two years ago. It's all about how emtions play into the ways we interpret the rift.

Scott Campbell
02-12-2010, 04:06 PM
Favre has been on this retirement shit for the past 5 or 6 years and the Packers just got tired of it. If that was his first time brining up retirement I believe they would have let him come back but the shit just got old and they knew what they had in AR. I would have let him come back after that 13-3 season but TT made the right decision going with Rodgers.

There are those of us who believe that Favre was just waiting for the train to leave the station before he announced he in fact really wanted to play - just like he did the following year with the Jets. I think he wanted to play indoors and have have a coaching staff and front office that he could easily manipulate. And he wanted to protect his Packer legacy by shifting the blame for leaving to Ted.

Some of his fans want to believe that he just changed mind about retirement. Yet for an entire year he never once wavered about who he wanted play for - the Vikings. The dude never changed his mind. That's just what he'd like you to believe.

Steve McNair
Brett Favre
Jay Cutler

The only 3 ugly QB divorces in the last ~5 years were all carefully orchestrated by the same guy - Bus Cook.

Scott Campbell
02-12-2010, 04:09 PM

The only people who don't know what happened are those that really don't want to know - protecting their fantasy. IMO :)

Patler
02-12-2010, 04:34 PM

No baiting involved Woodbuck. Above are your exact words. I simply questioned whether you were suggesting that Favre would find encouragement not to retire simply because the Packer fans wanted him too.

Scott Campbell
02-12-2010, 04:40 PM
The best thing that Packer fans can hope for is for Brett Favre to hang em up. I can't see him being accomodating. :D

Are you sure?

Packer fans wanted to see him choke away their Superbowl berth, and he was more than accommodating with that. :lol:

I'm a little torn. If he hangs them up, he can't win a title and it's mercifully over. Finally. On the other hand, I sure enjoyed watching him puke all over himself in the clutch against New Orleans. And I'd love for our line to get another opportunity to dish out a little of what NO hit him with.

I guess I'm good either way.

Scott Campbell
02-12-2010, 05:55 PM
Many of the pro-Favre fans seem to have internalized Favre's antipathy for TT, or maybe they were anti-TT even before the rift (there were certainly plenty of those). The most vehement anti-Favre fans display emotional reactions against the image of the traitor, the former teammate who would go out of his way to hurt his old team and his old fans just to score a personal point.

I see. So which group do you think I fall into?

hoosier
02-12-2010, 08:34 PM
Many of the pro-Favre fans seem to have internalized Favre's antipathy for TT, or maybe they were anti-TT even before the rift (there were certainly plenty of those). The most vehement anti-Favre fans display emotional reactions against the image of the traitor, the former teammate who would go out of his way to hurt his old team and his old fans just to score a personal point.

I see. So which group do you think I fall into?

For you I pick door #2: hang the traitor.

MJZiggy
02-12-2010, 09:20 PM
Met a new co-worker today who, after reciting the 1965 roster from memory, displayed some pretty lusty disgust.

RashanGary
02-12-2010, 10:47 PM
Met a new co-worker today who, after reciting the 1965 roster from memory, displayed some pretty lusty disgust.

About what?

swede
02-12-2010, 11:06 PM

About what?

Be careful not to overshare here, Zig. After 258 pages you wouldn't want to be responsible for sending the Favre thread to the GC, home of lusty disgusting images.

Joemailman
02-12-2010, 11:41 PM

Co-worker displayed lusty disgust, or disgusting lust?

Harlan Huckleby
02-13-2010, 12:02 AM
I find better mastabatory material in FYI than the GC.

MJZiggy
02-13-2010, 07:46 AM

About what? About a certain unretired quarterback who once played for our team.

Scott Campbell
02-13-2010, 09:03 AM
I find better mastabatory material in FYI than the GC.

That Barney Frank really does it for ya - huh?

Scott Campbell
02-14-2010, 10:05 AM
http://www.startribune.com/sports/vikings/84312222.html?elr=KArksi8cyaiU9PmP:QiUiacyKU7DYaGE P7vDEh7P:DiUs

"The only thing Brett Favre likes more than playing football is being begged to play football."

It's funny because it's true.

GrnBay007
02-14-2010, 11:25 AM
http://www.startribune.com/sports/vikings/84312222.html?elr=KArksi8cyaiU9PmP:QiUiacyKU7DYaGE P7vDEh7P:DiUs

"The only thing Brett Favre likes more than playing football is being begged to play football."

Who cares!!!!! We want him back!!!!

Scott, quit trying to compete with BF for attention. He has the national media....you only have PR!!!! LOL

:P :lol:

Scott Campbell
02-14-2010, 04:16 PM
Scott, quit trying to compete with BF for attention.

You're out of line. Why don't you read the fucking rules and keep the snide personal comments to yourself.

If you don't like what's being written about him in the media, maybe you shouldn't read it.

Joemailman
02-14-2010, 04:31 PM
We have rules? :?

Scott Campbell
02-14-2010, 04:37 PM

Yeah, and I think most of us our crystal clear on them.

http://www.packerrats.com/ratchat/viewtopic.php?p=471700&highlight=favre#471700

Joemailman
02-14-2010, 05:06 PM
Why the hate?

Shadow called you old. You gonna stand for that?

Cheesehead Craig
02-14-2010, 05:07 PM

What I do know for certain is that BF retired after the 2007 season taking himself off of the roster and out of the starting QB position. That is a fact no if ands or buts.
That is true.

Those stating the Packers didn't want him to return have nothing factual to base that on. He retired, the Packers made commitments to Rodgers, Favre wanted to come back and the Packers stated they had decided to move on as he stated he wanted to by retiring.

Scott Campbell
02-14-2010, 05:14 PM
Why the hate?

Shadow called you old. You gonna stand for that?

Not only will I stand, I will also applaud.

Fritz
02-15-2010, 07:34 PM

Actually, I thought that guy hit it right on the head in that article.

He wants people to want him. He needs people to need him. He begs people to beg him.

Didn't we didn't didn't we see him crying? Oh, didn't we didn't we didn't we see him crying?

digitaldean
02-15-2010, 07:51 PM

He wants people to want him. He needs people to need him. He begs people to beg him.

Didn't we didn't didn't we see him crying? Oh, didn't we didn't we didn't we see him crying?

OK, Fritz, don't go all Cheap Trick on us now or I'll have to sick Rick Nielsen on you...
http://daverogers41008.files.wordpress.com/2009/05/rick.jpg

swede
02-15-2010, 10:03 PM
Bun E. Carlos

Scott Campbell
02-15-2010, 10:10 PM

OK, Fritz, don't go all Cheap Trick on us now or I'll have to sick Rick Nielsen on you...

I think Bert acts more like Diana Ross on a bad hair day.

GrnBay007
02-17-2010, 12:17 AM
Scott, quit trying to compete with BF for attention.

You're out of line. Why don't you read the fucking rules and keep the snide personal comments to yourself.

If you don't like what's being written about him in the media, maybe you shouldn't read it.

Well, it was intended to be a funny (in a way) due to your countless posts regarding Favre. I mean, really...who else would spend so much time, and for what other reason, to dig up so much info on the man? go figure!

So in response to, "I'm out of line" ...naa....I think u just took it the wrong way. http://blog.al.com/outdoors/2008/04/small_crying_baby_rbby_92.jpg

I've only known one other person at PR that was able to take all the "injustice" and try to spin it the other way as well as you do. I don't really think you actually get off that much on doggin BF (but I could be wrong) as much as you just want to bombard the BF thread with "crap" (as I call it) just to antagonize those that still support him. Most likely in hopes that someone will call you out ...argument starts and then the thread can be banished...which I think you would enjoy. So with that in mind...go for it....bash away. Most will laugh...some with you....some at you.

It's all kinda funny in a way. This thread was created at a time when Favre was playing well and some at PR did not want a bunch of Favre threads all over the place. I believe I remember the majority saying they didn't mind keeping one thread around about Favre. Thing is, it was obviously created for those PR members that supported him and still wanted to follow his career. You've made it your objective to trash the thread and hopefully get rid of it, I would assume.

So back to your original post..."why don't I read the fucking rules". I think I have a perfect understanding of the "fucking" rules and did nothing to break them. Good day.

GrnBay007
02-17-2010, 12:26 AM
Brett and Deanna still support Wisconsin Charities

http://www.officialbrettfavre.com/news/story_2f623e2ca17d/

Scott Campbell
02-17-2010, 06:32 AM
Thing is, it was obviously created for those PR members that supported him and still wanted to follow his career.

Like a little private clubhouse? :lol:

Scott Campbell
02-17-2010, 06:51 AM
Speaking of crying, at least one Viking is very upset about the Saints touching Lord Favre:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/02/16/shiancoe-says-there-might-be-a-little-extra-out-there-when-vikings-play-saints/

"So it all depends on who it is placed upon and how they react to it, man, but we didn't like that too much, of course. Especially being that it was Brett, it's unnecessary hits and a little bit of extra. So, you know, we play these guys again. It might be a little bit extra out there."

Like teammate Ray Edwards, Shiancoe says he didn't realize that the Saints were applying "remember hits" to Favre. And Shiancoe says he would have done something about it, if he had known.

"That's what I'm trying to tell you, is that I didn't know it was going on because usually I was in a route or stuff like that but after the game when I seen all that definitely I probably would have said something to our defense," Shiancoe said. "And, like, that's the truth. I would have said something to our defense about it and it would have been damn chaos out there. It would have been a war out there."

Hey Visanthe, I hope you keep blocking the way you do because so many of us enjoyed watching him get his well deserved beating. Not quite as much as the choke job to Porter that ended your season, but satisfying nonetheless.

Scott Campbell
02-17-2010, 08:19 AM
Brett and Deanna still support Wisconsin Charities

http://www.officialbrettfavre.com/news/story_2f623e2ca17d/

You would think that after all these years that traitorous scumbag would know that the good people of Wisconsin can't be bribed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-L5UyGDlVM

RashanGary
02-17-2010, 12:09 PM
The Saints were trying to apply "remember" hits on Favre? I think most teams want to do that to a QB.

It turns out ironic, when Favre was trying to burn TT in the media, I thought, "man, this guy deserves to get a little of this back". The things Favre and the Favre faithful said to Aaron Rodgers and Ted Thompson were undeserved, vindictive and awful. Favre did everything he could to hurt them.

To see the look of pain and agony on his face, to watch him blow that game for the Vikings, he got everything back that he deserved. This is how Favre's career was meant to end. This is how he's meant to be remembered.

Goodbye Bert. We'll never forget what a sleeze ball you were and are. We'll always get a little smile remembering the painful justice your received in January of 2010.

RashanGary
02-17-2010, 12:32 PM
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3088/2743581613_34c81cedcf.jpg
http://blogs.citypages.com/sports/Favre%20Crying.jpg
http://s2nblog.files.wordpress.com/2008/10/favreespy.jpg
http://assets.nydailynews.com/img/2008/11/11/alg_favre-sacked.jpg
http://images.smh.com.au/2010/01/25/1066214/favre-420x0.jpg

GOOD RIDDANCE
http://images.dailyradar.com/media/uploads/ballhype/story_large/2010/01/25/favre_tears2.jpg

RashanGary
02-17-2010, 12:35 PM
Bert will always be a true Viking.

LP
02-17-2010, 12:53 PM
Heard a blurb on the radio yesterday that said Bert was leaning toward returning because the Choking's fans were showing him the support he needs, but didn't get from Packer fans in '08.

I guess it's all the fans fault now. :roll:

Scott Campbell
02-17-2010, 01:08 PM
The Saints were trying to apply "remember" hits on Favre? I think most teams want to do that to a QB.

It turns out ironic, when Favre was trying to burn TT in the media, I thought, "man, this guy deserves to get a little of this back". The things Favre and the Favre faithful said to Aaron Rodgers and Ted Thompson were undeserved, vindictive and awful. Favre did everything he could to hurt them.

To see the look of pain and agony on his face, to watch him blow that game for the Vikings, he got everything back that he deserved. This is how Favre's career was meant to end. This is how he's meant to be remembered.

Goodbye Bert. We'll never forget what a sleeze ball you were and are. We'll always get a little smile remembering the painful justice your received in January of 2010.

Scott Campbell
02-17-2010, 01:22 PM
Heard a blurb on the radio yesterday that said Bert was leaning toward returning because the Choking's fans were showing him the support he needs, but didn't get from Packer fans in '08.

I guess it's all the fans fault now. :roll:

In fairness, they've only had him choke away one season.

Scott Campbell
02-17-2010, 01:53 PM
From Nov. 23:

Last season (2008) Favre again took the hapless NY Jetrs from 4 wins in 2007 to 9 wins. This season the NY Jets are sitting to date at 4 wins. They won't win nine games. Favre!

We see where Minny is this season and a lot of credit has been given to Favre the outstanding QB and leader.

Yes. Favre is the man.

Scott Campbell
02-17-2010, 02:19 PM
I'd like to dedicate this bump to ThunderDan:

(referring to Brees) I guess I'd take 14k yards and 88 TD's in the 3 years before this year and call it pretty damned good.

I'm not a stats guy, you know this.
And you aren't an eyeball guy either (since you didn't watch him). How do you judge players? Magic Eight Ball?

I saw a lot of him (Brees) in college and a couple times in SD. Don't know, not a huge fan. His teams haven't really won much.

swede
02-17-2010, 03:15 PM

(referring to Brees) I guess I'd take 14k yards and 88 TD's in the 3 years before this year and call it pretty damned good.

And you aren't an eyeball guy either (since you didn't watch him). How do you judge players? Magic Eight Ball?

I saw a lot of him (Brees) in college and a couple times in SD. Don't know, not a huge fan. His teams haven't really won much.

SC, I'm pretty sure this exchange happened just before Partial conceded the point and admitted he was wrong, thanking PBMax for the excellent information.

Scott Campbell
02-17-2010, 04:28 PM
SC, I'm pretty sure this exchange happened just before Partial conceded the point and admitted he was wrong, thanking PBMax for the excellent information.

I must not have gotten that far.

Iron Mike
02-18-2010, 07:25 AM

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v739/mike_zankle/insanity.jpg

ThunderDan
02-18-2010, 10:16 AM

You're embarassing me Scott. :oops:

Fritz
02-18-2010, 10:37 PM
I think, in a perfectly symmetrical world, Favre cannot retire until he's played for Jerry Jones and the Cowboys.

Scott Campbell
02-19-2010, 07:35 AM
In yet another demonstration of how universally hated Favre has become, a Canadian woman hockey player says this of her pending retirement "I don’t want to pull a Brett Favre,"

http://news.bostonherald.com/sports/olympics/hockey/view/20100219us_hockeys_angela_ruggiero_i_dont_want_to_ pull_a_brett_favre/

Hey Bert - nice legacy! At least she didn't mention your choking.

I think it's nice to see respected Canadians taking a stand against Favrish behavior.

pbmax
02-20-2010, 05:32 PM
Have we seen this one before?

The Ballad of Brett Favre, I WIll If You Let Me (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k6uGwX-lz28&feature=player_embedd)

MJZiggy
02-20-2010, 06:03 PM

The Ballad of Brett Favre, I WIll If You Let Me (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k6uGwX-lz28&feature=player_embedd)

Wouldn't it have been nice...

TennesseePackerBacker
02-20-2010, 06:49 PM

That pick helped erase the bad memory of the Giants game. I'm not sure which I like more. Cheering for a man's success, or seeing a turncoat fall flat on their face.

gbgary
02-20-2010, 07:54 PM

That pick helped erase the bad memory of the Giants game. I'm not sure which I like more. Cheering for a man's success, or seeing a turncoat fall flat on their face.

it took the whole freakin' season but that kinda sums it up for me.

Cheesehead Craig
02-21-2010, 12:09 AM

Worst. Link. Ever.

pbmax
02-21-2010, 12:55 AM

Worst. Link. Ever.
No way. The internet can do way worse than that. Just ask Skin.

MJZiggy
02-21-2010, 06:28 PM

Worst. Link. Ever.
No way. The internet can do way worse than that. Just ask Skin.

Who needs to ask him? Just recall the video he put in the garbage can that had the whole forum's legs crossed and eyes watering for a week. The Bert crap's nothing in comparison.

Harlan Huckleby
02-22-2010, 11:04 AM
http://www.tnr.com/sites/default/files/imagecache/detail_page/farve_0.jpg

I strongly advise you to avoid this blabbering article about Brett Favre:
http://www.tnr.com/article/cheesehead

pbmax
02-22-2010, 02:57 PM
http://www.tnr.com/sites/default/files/imagecache/detail_page/farve_0.jpg

I strongly advise you to avoid this blabbering article about Brett Favre:
http://www.tnr.com/article/cheesehead
Just don't ask Buzz Bissinger about fans' message boards. Or blogs. Or sabremetrics. He's a feisty one.

And get off his lawn.

Administrator
02-24-2010, 07:44 PM
Favre to visit with Leno on March 4
Posted by Mike Florio on February 24, 2010 8:24 PM ET
Even as the 2010 free agency period launches, we won't be able to get away from the guy who looms over the offseason like the fart cloud at a bean farmers convention.

At or about the time that the flood gates open at midnight on March 5, Jay Leno will be welcoming to The Tonight Show one of the few guests with more gray hair than the host.

Brett Favre.

According to an online schedule found by our pal Brooks, Favre will join Matthew McConaughey and Lifehouse on Leno's fourth night back in late night. (We assume that at some point Favre will make a crack about his own inability to get his old job back in Green Bay.)

We'll be watching it as part of our constant, round-the-clock coverage of the first day of the first uncapped free agency period since 1993.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/02/24/favre-to-visit-with-leno-on-march-4/

Brando19
02-24-2010, 07:48 PM
Even as the 2010 free agency period launches, we won't be able to get away from the guy who looms over the offseason like the fart cloud at a bean farmers convention.

At or about the time that the flood gates open at midnight on March 5, Jay Leno will be welcoming to The Tonight Show one of the few guests with more gray hair than the host.

Brett Favre.

According to an online schedule found by our pal Brooks, Favre will join Matthew McConaughey and Lifehouse on Leno's fourth night back in late night. (We assume that at some point Favre will make a crack about his own inability to get his old job back in Green Bay.)

We'll be watching it as part of our constant, round-the-clock coverage of the first day of the first uncapped free agency period since 1993.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/02/24/favre-to-visit-with-leno-on-march-4/

Betcha he announces he's returning for the 2010 season on Thursday.

pbmax
02-24-2010, 08:44 PM
Nope. First he must retire. Then on Leno you'll hear something like what occurs at the 6:30 mark of the Letterman interview:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AjLZCtlVu64

channtheman
02-24-2010, 11:35 PM
Nope. First he must retire. Then on Leno you'll hear something like what occurs at the 6:30 mark of the Letterman interview:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AjLZCtlVu64

"I think around training camp, something's bound to happen." What an ass, he already knew then what he was going to do!

Scott Campbell
02-25-2010, 07:56 PM

Brett Favre.

He's saving that for Regis and Kelly.

Brando19
02-25-2010, 08:05 PM

Brett Favre.

He's saving that for Regis and Kelly.

Or The View...maybe even Deal or No Deal.

vince
02-26-2010, 01:13 AM
...maybe even Deal or No Deal.
Retire or No Retire (http://vimeo.com/9750602)

ThunderDan
02-26-2010, 08:12 AM

Brett Favre.

What a surprise he does it on March 4th just before free agency starts? Nothing like me, me, me to try and take the spotlight away from what is important the next day!!

BF is all about passion for the game now. Nothing in the date chosen would scream attention hound!

Pugger
02-26-2010, 04:05 PM
I have a feeling #4 will try to be coy like he was on the Letterman show back in 2008.

Fritz
02-27-2010, 11:54 AM
If he just says he's coming back it'd be a relief for lots of Minny folks, but would mean Favre would at the least be obligated to come in for the beginning of training camp.

I'm thinking he and Minnesota are trying to figure out a quasi-plausible angle that could get Favre out of looking like a slacker for not attending any offseason stuff and might even get him out of a week or two or camp.

LP
02-27-2010, 01:42 PM
Childress was on NFL Network last night and more or less said Bert could show up whenever he feels like it as long as he plays again.

GrnBay007
02-27-2010, 02:09 PM
I'm thinking he and Minnesota are trying to figure out a quasi-plausible angle that could get Favre out of looking like a slacker for not attending any offseason stuff and might even get him out of a week or two or camp.

From what I've read the MN players and fans don't care if he's there for offseason...or at least part of it. Nobody's calling him a slacker. Well, except for Packer fans. He came in and performed last season w/o camp so I don't think they really care. Not like he's laying in his recliner with a beer all offseason I'm sure.

GrnBay007
02-27-2010, 02:13 PM

Looking forward to it!! :D

Fritz
02-27-2010, 02:43 PM

From what I've read the MN players and fans don't care if he's there for offseason...or at least part of it. Nobody's calling him a slacker. Well, except for Packer fans. He came in and performed last season w/o camp so I don't think they really care. Not like he's laying in his recliner with a beer all offseason I'm sure.

I wonder what Chilly's gonna say to Pat Williams and the other vets about not coming in for training camp. In the big picture, this all does actually raise an interesting issue about how valuable (or not) training camp really is for established vets. In his book, former Atlanta DE Tim Green argues that training camp is unnecessary - at least the first two weeks - for veterans.

But coaches don't want to hear that. So the problem isn't that Brent will miss valuable practice or anything. It's that the double standard, which everyone knows exists but pretends does not, cannot be hidden in Minnesota now.

Frankly, Chilly could revolutionize training ideas if he told his players who are vets of a certain rank not to come in for the first two weeks. This would give him a better chance to evaluate rooks and young players and give them needed repetitions.

But neither Chilly nor any coach in the fraternity is likely to do this. Instead, my guess is that they'll invent some bullshit excuse for Favre to come in late, and then have to figure out how to deal with the Pat Williamses of the team.

Scott Campbell
02-27-2010, 06:02 PM
I wonder if he and Sydney Rice might have been in sync on that final ill fated choke job against the Saints if he only spent more time in training camp building chemistry.

The Vikes are in a tough position. They have no Aaron Rodgers to turn to.

packerbacker1234
03-01-2010, 12:52 AM
I wonder if he and Sydney Rice might have been in sync on that final ill fated choke job against the Saints if he only spent more time in training camp building chemistry.

The Vikes are in a tough position. They have no Aaron Rodgers to turn to.

It was really no wonder that Childress just said recently that Favre can take all the time he wants. Of course he can, they don't have anyone that can replace the production he gave them last season. While we had Rodgers, they have... no one really. Still, they knew all this when Childress made that call last off season. The fact they just were in the NFC Championship game, the window with a AP at the level he is being a small one, combined with the OL getting older... it's really a win now situation for the vikes. They will wait as longa s it takes for favre to say he's coming back. He just had an mvp type season for them.

Of course, Favre did that in 07 for the packers too. I think at this point though, there is ZERO pressure from the vikes for Favre to decide anything, and he knows it.

Fritz
03-01-2010, 10:48 AM
I wonder how late Favre can come in . . . could he wait until the last week of camp, show up, play a quarter, and call it all good?

packrat
03-01-2010, 11:11 AM
Maybe if he came in for the last half of the season, he would be fresher when playoffs come around. besides, by then he'll have an idea if playoffs are going to happen for the Vikes. Wait--why not WAIT until playoffs to come in!

hoosier
03-01-2010, 12:46 PM
Favre's indecision is often interpreted as an attempt to get out of preseason activities. There may be an element of that, but I have often thought that the real motivation was in his desire to be coaxed back by his team. I thought that became especially clear when he made his remarks about the Packers not sending strong signals that they wanted him back after 2007. The appearances on late night TV are another symptom. His body may not tolerate the year-round abuse the way it used to, but his appetite for attention seems to be as healthy as ever.

mngolf19
03-01-2010, 12:50 PM
[quote="GrnBay007"][quote=Fritz]

But neither Chilly nor any coach in the fraternity is likely to do this. Instead, my guess is that they'll invent some bullshit excuse for Favre to come in late, and then have to figure out how to deal with the Pat Williamses of the team.

Fritz, he already does. He lets Pat sit out due to "not being in camp shape therefore they place him on PUP for most of camp.

Fritz
03-01-2010, 03:59 PM
Well, then maybe Chilly is at the cutting edge of his profession!

I'd like to apply for the job of being the guy who comes up with the "reasons."

Brett Favre - Dint ya see the pictures of his ankes and feet, eh?

Pat Williams - Dat guy der needs ta work out privately, ya know?

Antoine Winfield -

Steve Hutchinson -

Bernard Berrian -

Looks like I got my work cut out for me here.

HowardRoark
03-01-2010, 09:52 PM
Well, then maybe Chilly is at the cutting edge of his profession!

I'd like to apply for the job of being the guy who comes up with the "reasons."

Brett Favre - Dint ya see the pictures of his ankes and feet, eh?

Pat Williams - Dat guy der needs ta work out privately, ya know?

Antoine Winfield -

Steve Hutchinson -

Bernard Berrian -

Looks like I got my work cut out for me here.

Mr. Hutchinson is building a home down the road from me. Last summer I had the opportunity to see his wife do her "walk arounds" to make sure everything was going on schedule.

Steve is a lucky man. He has much more important things to do at home. He is excused, just to keep her in the state.

Fosco33
03-02-2010, 04:29 PM
Guess who lives in SoCal and has tickets to Leno on Thursday....

<----------------------------

8-)

LP
03-02-2010, 05:11 PM
Charles Woodson? :shock:

Joemailman
03-02-2010, 06:14 PM
Conan?

Brando19
03-02-2010, 06:19 PM
Ted Thompson?

HowardRoark
03-02-2010, 06:43 PM
Doesn't Aaron live in San Diego?

Fritz
03-03-2010, 07:48 PM
You cheering or booing?

Scott Campbell
03-03-2010, 08:05 PM
You cheering or booing?

He's on Leno. Security would shoot him if he boo'd.

Fosco33
03-03-2010, 10:08 PM
You cheering or booing?

He's on Leno. Security would shoot him if he boo'd.

Can I wear a paper bag on my head?

Fritz
03-04-2010, 06:52 AM
Which head?

Hey... maybe Favre will publicly push for the Queens to sign Nick Collins. Kinda like the Randy Moss deal - y'know, "get us a top notch player right now and so we can get to the SB and maybe then I'll come back..."

Bretsky
03-04-2010, 07:20 AM
Good chance Favre tries to use some humor and many in here rail on him for any comments he makes

Scott Campbell
03-04-2010, 09:31 AM
Good chance Favre tries to use some humor and many in here rail on him for any comments he makes

Probably. And there's also a good chance that Favre says something boorish again and many on here will continue offering up excuses.

packerbacker1234
03-04-2010, 10:33 AM

Probably. And there's also a good chance that Favre says something boorish again and many on here will continue offering up excuses.

At this point what are we making excuses for, Brett being Brett?

ThunderDan
03-04-2010, 10:49 AM

No, that BF really wanted to play in GB in 2008 and TT pushed him out the door.

Zool
03-04-2010, 10:49 AM
During camp, Favre should bust out the Iverson speech.

"Practice? What we talkin about here. Not a game....not a game....practice. Practice?"

Scott Campbell
03-04-2010, 11:53 AM

Boy, it's really hard to say. There's been so many that they become a little hard to keep track of.

Fosco33
03-04-2010, 03:14 PM
Walking over to get my tickets soon - taping is at 4 pacific. I'll let you know if it's worth watching...

BTW - I may throw up the 'team CoCo' sign. 8-)

Fritz
03-04-2010, 04:40 PM
He has that "aw shucks" personality so it's hard to get pissed at him directly - which is probably why he's still married.

But during that Joe Buck interview he really did slip up and call the Vikings "we."

I'm looking forward to the 2011 season when he plays for the Cowboys.

LP
03-04-2010, 05:20 PM
During camp, Favre should bust out the Iverson speech.

"Practice? What we talkin about here. Not a game....not a game....practice. Practice?"

What've you been smokin Zool? He's not going to camp.

RashanGary
03-04-2010, 05:50 PM
When is this media whore going to go away?

Gunakor
03-04-2010, 05:55 PM
When is this media whore going to go away?

When the media stops paying attention. When nobody gives a rats ass anymore.

When Favre goes on Leno, don't watch. When he goes on Letterman, don't watch. When he holds a press conference in August to tell us what he's going to do this year, don't watch. Let the media know that WE don't care and they will leave him alone. Then it'll be over.

Bretsky
03-04-2010, 06:30 PM

I haven't seen the excuse makers around much lately so I'm not sure where the "many" would come from.

It'll be better soon when there is an ignore feature.

pbmax
03-04-2010, 06:31 PM
Guess who lives in SoCal and has tickets to Leno on Thursday....

<----------------------------

8-)

Did you lose a bet? :lol:

P.S. That was a Leno joke, not a Favre joke.

Scott Campbell
03-04-2010, 07:00 PM
I haven't seen the excuse makers around much lately so I'm not sure where the "many" would come from.

Perhaps. I guess they cleared out pretty quickly after he choked away their season.

MJZiggy
03-04-2010, 07:06 PM

But the people I'd want to ignore aren't around anymore...

Brando19
03-04-2010, 07:25 PM
http://www.greenbaypressgazette.com/article/20100304/PKR01/100304136/1058/This-just-in--Brett-Favre-says-he-hasn-t-decided-about-playing-again

This just in...Favre didn't say shit. Just like we expected...he made an appearance for nothing. I'm so glad Rodgers is our QB now.

Fosco33
03-04-2010, 07:40 PM
Just got back from the show.... comments:

Packer/Viking fan women - are crazy. I think they think that Brett can hear or see them through the lights.

Favre's priest was featured on the show (he travelled with the family). We sat a few feet from him. Fans were asking the Priest for autographs :roll:

Jay had some fun with Brett - but Brett looked a little awkward. He said - "I'm not saying anything". Then Jay gave him a gold watch (that NBC gave him before).

Matthew McGonehey (sp) was egging Brett on during the taping - "1 more year", etc.

Some brave Packer fans got a 'go-pack-go' chant going during the initial sitdown with Brett.

Saw Brett and his wife/kids as we were leaving. Brittany's friends sat in front of us - quite hot. 8-)

Other than that - Jay's mono was boorish and his 'cat n' cop' bit featured a stripping cat, lame cat butt in the face, etc. Definitely lame.

If you see a dude flashing 'co-co' standing next to his wife (in white/red checkered' blouse - that was me.

Either way - it was cool to see him and the wife loved seeing Matthew/Brett simultaneously. :P

Fritz
03-04-2010, 08:55 PM
Somehow it would be kinda cooler if Favre just said he's coming back but that he intends to skip the first two weeks of training camp. Apparently Minnesota doesn't care - neither the team nor the fans - so why not just say it?

channtheman
03-05-2010, 12:16 AM
LORD Favre coming up next on Leno for those that are interested.

EDIT: Well just saw that someone already posted what happened. Whatever, I'm still gonna watch it knowing Favre won't say anything.

EDIT: Yup, waste of time.

Fritz
03-05-2010, 06:44 AM
Brent:

"Yes, Jay, I am playing for the Vikings next season. But we've got a family vacation planned for the end of July - we're going to Greece - so I'll probably throw the football to some Greek high school boys on the beach, just to keep the arm loose, then when we come back in August I'll make sure the lawn at home is mowed nice and tight and then I'll head up to Mankato. Maybe third week of August, I'm thinking. We'll see."

Say it, Brent! Be brave!

Bretsky
03-05-2010, 07:21 AM

But the people I'd want to ignore aren't around anymore...

Perhaps the tone in here has flushed them and others away; perhaps that makes some more happy as well.