PDA

View Full Version : OFFICIAL BRETT THE LIVING LEGEND THREAD

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46

MOBB DEEP
09-14-2009, 04:15 PM
Ras,

Did you all suffer any injuries?

MOBB DEEP
09-14-2009, 09:23 PM
Favre is the first player ever to win season openers for 3 diffrent teams in 3 straight seasons

Legend continues to grow....damn the tractor

GBRulz
09-14-2009, 10:12 PM
I never thought I would see the day where I would be at Lambeau to see more people wearing Chmura jerseys than Favre.

Upside down 4 t-shirts with names such as traitor and drama queen not included.

Bretsky
09-14-2009, 10:28 PM
Favre still did not look like he had a great command of the offense; my guess is he improves and starts going downfield more in the next few weeks. It's a good time for the Vikes to have an early weak schedule

Patler
09-15-2009, 05:03 AM
Favre is the first player ever to win season openers for 3 diffrent teams in 3 straight seasons

Kind a dubious "first" for someone to have even looked up. With multi-year contracts being the norm in the NFL, how many different players have been on three different teams in three successive years? Not very many, I would guess. Only someone who has been cut a few times, and due to the waiver system he is likely to be picked up by bad teams, or someone who had "issues" and went from team to team. Guys like Koran Robinson, who went from Seattle, to MN, to GB in successive years, but even he wasn't on opening day rosters the last two times.

Fritz
09-15-2009, 06:42 AM
To me, one of the most interesting questions is how long will Brent be able to stay in "game managere" mode? Can he do that for a whole season, or will we hear the "I yam what I yam" line at some point?

swede
09-15-2009, 07:32 AM
To me, one of the most interesting questions is how long will Brent be able to stay in "game managere" mode? Can he do that for a whole season, or will we hear the "I yam what I yam" line at some point?

And it's clear that Cutler is chasing his interception record. Brent may have to pad that if he wants it to stand forever.

Patler
09-15-2009, 07:48 AM

I don't remember which highlight program our announcer it was, but one said "Here is Brett Favre doing what he does best now, handing off!"

Scott Campbell
09-15-2009, 09:02 AM

Kind a dubious "first" for someone to have even looked up. With multi-year contracts being the norm in the NFL, how many different players have been on three different teams in three successive years? Not very many, I would guess. Only someone who has been cut a few times, and due to the waiver system he is likely to be picked up by bad teams, or someone who had "issues" and went from team to team. Guys like Koran Robinson, who went from Seattle, to MN, to GB in successive years, but even he wasn't on opening day rosters the last two times.

Maybe a guy like Jeff Garcia could have had the opportunity to do it.

This might be the most meaningless record ever. Favre's legend is growing as the nation laughs at him, and he finds himself fodder for all the late night hosts.

MOBB DEEP
09-15-2009, 11:34 AM
Favre's legend is growing as the nation laughs at him

Thats quite a stretch SC. I know people on both sides so "the nation?" I dont think enough people even care that much in 2009

With AD's performance the people Ive talked to at the gym and barbershop yesterday have the sentiment that favre is "sitting pretty" what with such a primo situation

He's young by the "nations" standards (just old for nfl), can spend time on tractor and with fam from 41-81, gettn mad loot, surrounded by enormous talent, PEERS stil respect him, having fun with the youngns/easy days at the office, chance to get ring, revenge factor (foolish to me, but human nature), sears commercial - lol

Overall ppl were sick of the flip-floping but with the way the world is, now that he's actually playn, life goes on! Theres always something new for folk to focus on and make a story of/scrutinize. I think packer nation cares WAY more about this than the whole nation and comedians use whatever they can for material b/c its their livelihood (like u.... :) )

Sitting pretty

MOBB DEEP
09-15-2009, 11:36 AM

I don't remember which highlight program our announcer it was, but one said "Here is Brett Favre doing what he does best now, handing off!"

lol....$1,000 a hand off

and he was worried his shoulder couldnt hold up?

Scott Campbell
09-15-2009, 11:48 AM
Thats quite a stretch SC. I know people on both sides so "the nation?" I dont think enough people even care that much in 2009

With AD's performance the people Ive talked to at the gym and barbershop yesterday have the sentiment that favre is "sitting pretty" what with such a primo situation

He's young by the "nations" standards (just old for nfl), can spend time on tractor and with fam from 41-81, gettn mad loot, surrounded by enormous talent, PEERS stil respect him, having fun with the youngns/easy days at the office, chance to get ring, revenge factor (foolish to me, but human nature), sears commercial - lol

Overall ppl were sick of the flip-floping but with the way the world is, now that he's actually playn, life goes on! Theres always something new for folk to focus on and make a story of/scrutinize. I think packer nation cares WAY more about this than the whole nation and comedians use whatever they can for material b/c its their livelihood (like u.... :) )

Sitting pretty

Is this what they mean by sitting pretty?

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i212/XErzengelX/SHH%20Images/favre-drama.jpg

denverYooper
09-15-2009, 12:47 PM
Favre's legend is growing as the nation laughs at him

Sitting pretty

I sport the green and gold a lot because I love my Packers. Around Denver, I frequently get asked the question: "what do you think of Favre?" To which I usually reply with a canned, "He can do what he wants. My QB is Aaron Rodgers".

And they usually laugh, responding in one of a few ways:
"It's a good thing that they didn't lose Rodgers, he's a better QB"
"That was kinda weird how that went down dontchathink?"
"He sure is a selfish jerk, isn't he?"

I didn't care when he played for the Jets, other than there was so much noise all year with all of the Favre/Rodgers comparisons. That was useless and annoying.

As a Vikings player, a Hated Division Rival, though. I want to see him fail. I want us to rub his face in the grass all game and pick him off every time he throws the ball. He's on the other side of the LOS from My Team and can go fuck himself for that reason alone. I'm never sure whether I want the Vikings to get blown out of every game or to keep producing seasons just mediocre enough to keep your weinerbucket of a coach at the helm of that rudderless knarr.

Sure, Packer Nation cares more about it than the average Joe Bland because we Love Our Team. You really wouldn't understand. But if you think there aren't a lot of other fans out there who are aware of the situation (thanks esp. to MSM) and wouldn't take a certain amount of pleasure in seeing him fail, you're kidding yourself.

mngolf19
09-15-2009, 12:58 PM
MOBB, no injuries for the Vikes. Although Berrian is still not 100% from his hammy.

Denver, just remember that if Chilly and his issues(I'm not denying them) does better than MM and his issues this season, which team will be rudderless? That outcome would have Chilly with a better record than MM overall in the same period of time.

MOBB DEEP
09-15-2009, 01:27 PM

Sitting pretty

Is this what they mean by sitting pretty?

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i212/XErzengelX/SHH%20Images/favre-drama.jpg

:lol:

MOBB DEEP
09-15-2009, 01:45 PM
But if you think there aren't a lot of other fans out there who are aware of the situation (thanks esp. to MSM) and wouldn't take a certain amount of pleasure in seeing him fail, you're kidding yourself.

And some people still support him is ALL I was saying in response to SC saying the nations laughing at him. Of cousrs I know SC knows that so maybe there was no need for me to respond?!

And likie i said in my post, his fellow NFLers have no beef with him becaue they realize its a biz/ENTERTAINMENT; its the fanatical diehards that allow this entity (small part of life) to impact their emotions disportionately

I used to be that way so dont say i dont know anything about passion for the packers. I used to be sullen until thursday when they lost (ask Wifey and gym members) until i prayed to be able to keep it in perspective. i couldnt even watch any other games that day/mnf/that week until the next pack game...

i am SURE i have more green and gold than you do since i been collecting since 91. and im just as happy as u when they win just not as depressed as i once was after inevitbale losses in an entity i have NO control over. Same with Favres performances

not sayn im any better than the fanatics i just enjoy this existence more and give da Lawd all the credit. I enjoy the ENTIRE sport of pro ball more now too.

GO PACK GO FAVRE GO VICK (in that order)...

Pugger
09-15-2009, 02:20 PM
On ESPN's NFL Countdown Sunday morning the guys were discussing BF now playing for MN. Carter and Meshawn said if they could still play at the age BF is they would. Then Tom Jackson took the floor. He said he could understand how Packer fans would feel betrayed by Brett actively wanting to play for the bitter rival of the team that made him rich and famous. He said he couldn't have tossed aside all of the success and Super Bowls he won while playing in Denver and go and play for the Raiders.

Most Packer fans don't hate Favre. They hate the fact that he is wearing that hideous purple getup and THIS is the reason why most Packer fans want BF and his fellow Heidi Hairs to fall on their collective keisters. I will have as much glee in seeing BF flop just like I had watching Cutler implode on national TV Sunday nite. Never in my lifetime have I ever wanted a QB of any divisional foe to have any success unless that would help MY team, the Green Bay Packers.

hoosier
09-15-2009, 02:28 PM
On ESPN's NFL Countdown Sunday morning the guys were discussing BF now playing for MN. Carter and Meshawn said if they could still play at the age BF is they would. Then Tom Jackson took the floor. He said he could understand how Packer fans would feel betrayed by Brett actively wanting to play for the bitter rival of the team that made him rich and famous. He said he couldn't have tossed aside all of the success and Super Bowls he won while playing in Denver and go and play for the Raiders.

Most Packer fans don't hate Favre. They hate the fact that he is wearing that hideous purple getup and THIS is the reason why most Packer fans want BF and his fellow Heidi Hairs to fall on their collective keisters. I will have as much glee in seeing BF flop just like I had watching Cutler implode on national TV Sunday nite. Never in my lifetime have I ever wanted a QB of any divisional foe to have any success unless that would help MY team, the Green Bay Packers.

All the SBs Jackson won in Denver? Just as many as Jim Kelly won in Buffalo. :lol: Jackson played on two SB losers (XII and XXI) and was spared the indignity of having been on four because he retired after XXI. Denver also lost SBs in two of the three years after Jackson called it quits.

Also, I don't think most Packers fans distinguish between how they feel about Favre and how they feel about Favre playing for the Vikings. They're the same animal at this point.

Pugger
09-15-2009, 03:02 PM
I see I typed Super Bowls. My bad. :oops: But I knew what Jackson was trying to say.

swede
09-15-2009, 03:41 PM

lol....$1,000 a hand off

and he was worried his shoulder couldnt hold up?

Conservatively I come up with $20,000 a handoff, assuming he's still upright by December.

MOBB DEEP
09-15-2009, 07:37 PM
Never in my lifetime have I ever wanted a QB of any divisional foe to have any success unless that would help MY team, the Green Bay Packers.

Very understandable P

I just feel he's still good for the game in general even if not specifically for Packer nation/his pack legacy

Retire as a Falcon lol

MOBB DEEP
09-15-2009, 08:12 PM
Since when does the GM make that list? I thought that was the coach's responsibility.

Bingo MJ....

ESPN reporting that the NFL is looking into Mangini's role in the fiasco (he should get fine accoding to Ed Werder)

I wonder if folks are mad at Favre for bringing it up?

Kinda cool that the GM was trying to put the onus on himself to sorta squash it; but NFL brass not havn it :evil:

chain_gang
09-16-2009, 07:05 PM
I thought this was kind of interesting. Favre's Viking jersery is top for sales in Wisconsin, and 18 other states.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052970203917304574413353305964712.html

Scott Campbell
09-16-2009, 07:18 PM
I thought this was kind of interesting. Favre's Viking jersery is top for sales in Wisconsin, and 18 other states.

I want the truth. Has ANYONE on this board bought one of those filthy purple blouses?

MOBB DEEP
09-16-2009, 07:25 PM
VERY surprising this is the case in Wisconsin

SC, do you REALLY think the nations laughing at him?

When I spoke with a guy at NFL Shop.com to ask why i received a delay notification on my jerz (i ordered the day after he signed) he said ppl were calln him a month b4 favre signd trying to place an order! My frats colors are purple and gold, jesus cloth purple, and prince all-time fav r n b so i respect the color of royalty

When you think about it, other than SOME die hard pack fans, who could really dislike him? Hasnt committed crimes, etc...and provides ENTERTAINMENT for the country

MOBB DEEP
09-16-2009, 07:28 PM

I want the truth. Has ANYONE on this board bought one of those filthy purple blouses?

i cant see anyone else admitting this SC...cept maybe OO7 and Gex

Scott Campbell
09-16-2009, 07:44 PM

Yeah, I think he used to be the most popular player in the NFL. Now most people think he's a tool. He's routinely the punchline of the late night shows.

But there will always be some die hards.

GrnBay007
09-16-2009, 09:43 PM
i cant see anyone else admitting this SC...cept maybe OO7 and Gex

Last year my kids asked for a Favre Jets jersey and got one for x-mas. They say they don't want a Favre Viking jersey but they do want to watch him play. I think it would be neat to have the whole set....Packers, Jets and Viking #4 jersey....but I don't have the Falcons one either and you'd have to have that one too to call it a "set".

gex
09-16-2009, 11:09 PM
Nope, no purple jersy here,No Jets jersey either, Hell, the one Favre jersey I have was given to me from a friend who it was too big for.

I quit financialy supporting NFL INC. shortly after I got the G on my arm. Now I just emotionally support my team and its players(of which Favre is and always will be).

Love the fact that an all-time Packer great(Thee Favre) is extending all his records and do hope he gets another ring for all that he has done for Packer Nation. 8-)

Bossman641
09-16-2009, 11:28 PM
Love the fact that an all-time Packer great(Thee Favre) is extending all his records and do hope he gets another ring for all that he has done for Packer Nation. 8-)

Call me crazy, but I'd rather see Packer nation get another ring then the Vikings get their first.

MOBB DEEP
09-17-2009, 09:37 AM
I think it would be neat to have the whole set....Packers, Jets and Viking #4 jersey....but I don't have the Falcons one either and you'd have to have that one too to call it a "set".

Yeah, thats my goal and then i wouldnt buy any more apparel...good point about Falcons jerz...can you still get those? what about packers? Havn four #4s would be cool

MOBB DEEP
09-17-2009, 09:42 AM

So, the question is: pack v minny in nfccg, who u rooting for?

May need to answer that in a PM lol

Personally I want favre to throw for like 400-plus yards 6 TDs and pack win in as many OTs as it takes!

How do they do OTs in the post season where ther cant be any ties? hmmm...

denverYooper
09-17-2009, 10:25 AM
I think it would be neat to have the whole set....Packers, Jets and Viking #4 jersey....but I don't have the Falcons one either and you'd have to have that one too to call it a "set".

Yeah, thats my goal and then i wouldnt buy any more apparel...good point about Falcons jerz...can you still get those? what about packers? Havn four #4s would be cool

You can go here:
http://store.falcons365.com/Store/product/Personalized-Retro-Replica-Jersey,1019,64.htm

And create a personalized retro replica jersey.

MOBB DEEP
09-17-2009, 10:33 AM

You can go here:
http://store.falcons365.com/Store/product/Personalized-Retro-Replica-Jersey,1019,64.htm

And create a personalized retro replica jersey.

Thanks DY

Pugger
09-17-2009, 10:39 AM
If it came down to GB and MN in the conference champ game it is no debate for me. I would want GB to thoroughly stomp MN. I am a Packer fan first and I won't cheer for MN under any circumstances no matter who their QB is. Yeah, he was our QB but he isn't any more. As long as he wears that jersey I will regard him like I do any other player on one of our divisional rivals. :P After his playing days are over I'll look at him differently.

I've never purchased any players' jersey. I prefer to wear Packer gear that I can wear no matter is on the roster.

MOBB DEEP
09-17-2009, 10:40 AM
I prefer to wear Packer gear that I can wear no matter is on the roster.

Smart thinking

mraynrand
09-17-2009, 10:44 AM

Yeah, I think he used to be the most popular player in the NFL. Now most people think he's a tool. He's routinely the punchline of the late night shows.

But there will always be some die hards.

Favre will bring the Vikings death, and the fans will love him for it.

Chevelle2
09-17-2009, 06:48 PM
Rodney Harrison has some very insightful thoughts on Favre

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/danpatrick/streamingaudio/

Click on "Hour 2" and scroll about half way through.

Scott Campbell
09-17-2009, 10:12 PM
I don't know how anyone can defend this jag-off any longer.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/09/17/favre-keeps-quiet-about-injury-report-fiasco/

Mangini, Tannenbaum and the Jets were good to him. He asked for his outright release, and they gave it to him.

And this is what Favre does to his friends?

Freak Out
09-17-2009, 10:17 PM
Now he's learned to shut the fuck up?

Scott Campbell
09-17-2009, 10:20 PM
And for everyone who said he's not a traitor, well guess what? He's a traitor to 2 teams now, and counting. The Vikings better watch their backs around this guy.

Chevelle2
09-17-2009, 10:37 PM
And for everyone who said he's not a traitor, well guess what? He's a traitor to 2 teams now, and counting. The Vikings better watch their backs around this guy.

Its interesting isn't it?

The guy has so far left 3 teams, and in 2 of them (ATL and GB) he was almost literally kicked out. They just had had enough of him. They told him to f off.

Perhaps more details about his departure from NYJ will emerge that will make him 3 for 3.

gex
09-18-2009, 12:17 AM

:roll: :roll: :roll:

gex
09-18-2009, 12:18 AM

Its interesting isn't it?

The guy has so far left 3 teams, and in 2 of them (ATL and GB) he was almost literally kicked out. They just had had enough of him. They told him to f off.

Perhaps more details about his departure from NYJ will emerge that will make him 3 for 3. :beat:

Freak Out
09-18-2009, 12:40 AM
ATL? Give me a fucking break. He was traded because they were loaded at QB...or so Jerry thought. :lol:

Tyrone Bigguns
09-18-2009, 02:09 AM
ATL? Give me a fucking break. He was traded because they were loaded at QB...or so Jerry thought. :lol:

No, that aint' exactly true, and Bert will tell you himself about his partyin and poor studying and work ethic.

Scott Campbell
09-18-2009, 08:19 AM

Excellent defense of another Favre scumbag move.

MOBB DEEP
09-18-2009, 08:34 AM
Rodney Harrison

off ALL people to bash Lord; ultimate jerk

MOBB DEEP
09-18-2009, 08:37 AM
The fine seems a bit excessive to me

Good thing the favre signing generated so much loot for nyj! But mangini has to be upset (SO cute he named his son after Brett tho)

Scott Campbell
09-18-2009, 08:47 AM

Good thing the favre signing generated so much loot for nyj! But mangini has to be upset (SO cute he named his son after Brett tho)

Can you help me out with the slang Mobb? Wouldn't the boys in the hood call that "snitching"?

MOBB DEEP
09-18-2009, 08:52 AM

Can you help me out with the slang Mobb? Wouldn't the boys in the hood call that "snitching"?

Hahahaha.....stupid.....and snitches get stitches

It wasnt intentional tho and u know that SC, like i said before just talks too much

Bossman641
09-18-2009, 08:54 AM

Hahahaha.....stupid.....and snitches get stitches

It wasnt intentional tho and u know that SC, like i said before just talks too much

That excuse is wearing a little thin for me.

Funny how he has no problem not talking when he is trying to scheme his way out of the Jets or when he feels like letting rumors linger rather than clear them up.

MOBB DEEP
09-18-2009, 09:03 AM
That was a good point harrison made about favre being named captain; a player should earn that by going through blood sweat and tears and not just have it given to him

however, how can HE know that it wasnt voted by the players and that Chilly made the executive decision to name Brett cap...MERE conjecture

And brett didnt complain about not being on injury list; he repsonded to a question about the injury he suffereed last year. He surely wasnt thinkn about the ramifications of mangini not listed him. Why would he intentionally "crap" on nyj? makes no logical sennse.....

And harrison sayn brett played like "crap" is lol funny since he himself hasnt played a good game since superbowl winning year (while brett made yet ANOTHER probowl). he (harrison) was RIGHT there when tyree crushed their dream! not to mention being out of place for game winner by Plax and several other of his catches...SHUT UP! and bow down lol.....

MOBB DEEP
09-18-2009, 09:05 AM
Funny how he has no problem not talking when he is trying to scheme his way out of the Jets or when he feels like letting rumors linger rather than clear them up.

He responded to a question in a presser

Brando19
09-18-2009, 09:10 AM
That was a good point harrison made about favre being named captain; a player should earn that by going through blood sweat and tears and not just have it given to him

however, how can HE know that it wasnt voted by the players and that Chilly made the executive decision to name Brett cap...MERE conjecture

And brett didnt complain about not being on injury list; he repsonded to a question about the injury he suffereed last year. He surely wasnt thinkn about the ramifications of mangini not listed him. Why would he intentionally "crap" on nyj? makes no logical sennse.....

And harrison sayn brett played like "crap" is lol funny since he himself hasnt played a good game since superbowl winning year (while brett made yet ANOTHER probowl). he (harrison) was RIGHT there when tyree crushed their dream! not to mention being out of place for game winner by Plax and several other of his catches...SHUT UP! and bow down lol.....

Favre was right there when the Giants crushed the Packers SuperBowl dream...as a matter of fact...Favre threw it to them.

MOBB DEEP
09-18-2009, 09:54 AM
he he...SECOND IN MVP VOTING that very month; w/o favre NO nfccg any way

lol, I just read on a Vikes forum that Packer fans rather see favre dead han to be startn QB for them

I do wonder what the die-hard Minnny fans THINK we pack fans think about this scenario...

No time for me to read it but there is a Favre thread with millions of posts on purplepride.org if someone wants to know....

Pugger
09-18-2009, 11:24 AM

lol, I just read on a Vikes forum that Packer fans rather see favre dead han to be startn QB for them

I do wonder what the die-hard Minnny fans THINK we pack fans think about this scenario...

No time for me to read it but there is a Favre thread with millions of posts on purplepride.org if someone wants to know....

Yeah, he was second in MVP voting. He got one vote. :roll:

My problem with all of this and his injury is he didn't have to say a thing about it. It was ancient history. But because of his loose lips the NFL was reminded of it all and fined the Jets. It isn't the amount of money of the fine but it was what led to the fine. What BF has yet to learn is the art of saying "no comment". The only reason he brought it up was to remind everyone he isn't 100% just in case his play starts to stink. He didn't give 2 chits if this revelation would affect anyone else.

SMACKTALKIE
09-18-2009, 01:02 PM

I'm a die hard Vikings fan and think alot of Packer fans are pissed about this situation. Some of my good friends are long time Packer fans and are pissed off that he is in Purple right now.

I wonder if they know that there is a thread here with 140 pages worth of posts on "Brett the Viking." Furthermore I wonder if they know that there is only one thread because the admin kept the chatter down to one thread.

Makes sense to have a Favre thread with millions of posts on a Vikings blog since he is a memeber of the Vikings organization.

SnakeLH2006
09-18-2009, 01:54 PM

Excellent defense of another Favre scumbag move.

Whoa, whoa, whoa, Scott. Hold on now..

Favre's not a scumbag, he's a Viqueen. Whoops, my bad...same thing. :lol:

MOBB DEEP
09-18-2009, 04:04 PM
The only reason he brought it up was to remind everyone he isn't 100% just in case his play starts to stink.

Believe it or not, I think thats possible too Pugger

Cant be for certain of course

Even though I call him lord, NO WAY do i think he's a saint devoid of insecurites and ego mania

MOBB DEEP
09-18-2009, 04:08 PM
I'm a die hard Vikings fan and think alot of Packer fans are pissed about this situation. Some of my good friends are long time Packer fans and are pissed off that he is in Purple right now.

Any of your friends say they still root for him?

MOBB DEEP
09-20-2009, 05:23 AM
Rastak,

Whats up with your boy Berrian? Is he still nursing his little boo-boo?

Him, AD, and Harvin on that carpet this afternoon.....

Rastak
09-20-2009, 07:53 AM
Rastak,

Whats up with your boy Berrian? Is he still nursing his little boo-boo?

Him, AD, and Harvin on that carpet this afternoon.....

He's set to start and is getting close to 100%.

Fritz
09-20-2009, 09:57 AM
It's hard to imagine any scenario other than the Vikings completely having their way with the Lions. The Lions' defense is simply atrocious, and the rookie QB is, well, a rookie QB, and not like Matt Ryan, either.

I think this is the game where the Vikes get out to a comfortable lead and start letting Favre try some things. I think his stats are going to look great today. He should have all day to throw and not feel like he's the guy who has to get it done.

It's going to be 48 - 17 or something.

Scott Campbell
09-20-2009, 10:13 AM
It's hard to imagine any scenario other than the Vikings completely having their way with the Lions. The Lions' defense is simply atrocious, and the rookie QB is, well, a rookie QB, and not like Matt Ryan, either.

I think this is the game where the Vikes get out to a comfortable lead and start letting Favre try some things. I think his stats are going to look great today. He should have all day to throw and not feel like he's the guy who has to get it done.

It's going to be 48 - 17 or something.

Yeah, Detroit is completely outclassed. However, if Brett has one of those games...........

Fritz
09-20-2009, 10:20 AM
This isn't that type of game where that would happen. This is the game where he throws for three hundred yards and three T.S.'s and all the hardcore Favre fans come out next week with the "I told you all that he's still great" threads.

Scott Campbell
09-20-2009, 10:25 AM
This isn't that type of game where that would happen. This is the game where he throws for three hundred yards and three T.S.'s and all the hardcore Favre fans come out next week with the "I told you all that he's still great" threads.

You're probably right. He rarely imploded unless the team really needed the W.

Gunakor
09-20-2009, 10:29 AM

Maybe. We all saw what Drew Brees did to them last weekend.

But it's hard to imagine that the Queens will build a comfortable lead and THEN start to air it out. I think this is the game where Peterson has 30 some carries for 200 some yards and 3 or more TD's, building a HUGE lead, thus warranting more carries. I don't think Chilly is going to put the ball in Favre's hands as much as you'd think, simply because he won't have to. I think he's going to keep it on the ground.

Scott Campbell
09-20-2009, 10:36 AM
But it's hard to imagine that the Queens will build a comfortable lead and THEN start to air it out. I think this is the game where Peterson has 30 some carries for 200 some yards and 3 or more TD's, building a HUGE lead, thus warranting more carries. I don't think Chilly is going to put the ball in Favre's hands as much as you'd think, simply because he won't have to. I think he's going to keep it on the ground.

I don't see AP getting 30 carries. They're trying to extend his career - not shorten it.

Fritz
09-20-2009, 10:39 AM

Why not? If the Vikes get a lead, that's perfect "practice time" for Favre. He needs the reps with his recievers, and he can do it under game conditions. It's a chance to get him some work with little risk.

By the way, when I wrote "Three T.S.'s" I meant that as "Touchdown Strikes."

Really, I did. Seriously.

Gunakor
09-20-2009, 10:45 AM

Why not? If the Vikes get a lead, that's perfect "practice time" for Favre. He needs the reps with his recievers, and he can do it under game conditions. It's a chance to get him some work with little risk.

Brad Childress is not Bill Belicheck. If they have a comfortable lead, they keep the ball on the ground and keep the clock running. That's what I think.

Gunakor
09-20-2009, 10:47 AM

I don't see AP getting 30 carries. They're trying to extend his career - not shorten it.

You're probably right. He likely wont need 30 carries to reach the 200 yard mark anyways. Still, they keep it on the ground. I don't see them airing it out with a comfortable lead. They'll run clock and go home.

Fritz
09-20-2009, 11:03 AM

Brad Childress is not Bill Belicheck. If they have a comfortable lead, they keep the ball on the ground and keep the clock running. That's what I think.

Like he did a couple years ago when Peterson was chewing up yards against the Pack in the first half and the game was tight, tight tight? And then in the second half Chilly went to Mr. Prime-Time, Tavaris Jackson, and gave Peterson about eight carries in the second half?

You mean like that?

Gunakor
09-20-2009, 11:06 AM

Like he did a couple years ago when Peterson was chewing up yards against the Pack in the first half and the game was tight, tight tight? And then in the second half Chilly went to Mr. Prime-Time, Tavaris Jackson, and gave Peterson about eight carries in the second half?

You mean like that?

Was that the one where Al Harris took out Peterson at the knees, leaving him unavailable for most of the second half?

Fritz
09-20-2009, 11:29 AM
No, Gun, I dont' think so. It was in September of '07, about the fourth game of the season, in Minnesota. Peterson had only 12 rushing attempts total, and in those twelve attempts, he had 112 yards. The Pack was only up 10-6 at the half, yet in the second half Chilly entrusted Kelly Holcomb with the task of winning the game.

Much second-guessing of Chilly was done after that game, and rightly so, in my opinion.

Gunakor
09-20-2009, 11:36 AM
No, Gun, I dont' think so. It was in September of '07, about the fourth game of the season, in Minnesota. Peterson had only 12 rushing attempts total, and in those twelve attempts, he had 112 yards. The Pack was only up 10-6 at the half, yet in the second half Chilly entrusted Kelly Holcomb with the task of winning the game.

Much second-guessing of Chilly was done after that game, and rightly so, in my opinion.

Ah now I remember the one you're talking about.

Chilly didn't realize at the time he had the best RB of our generation. He was still a rookie, and Chilly was still treating him like one. It wasn't a case of that one game, it was a recurring theme for that entire season. I have to assume that he's learned something from that season and understands what he has, thus I don't think the strategy will be the same.

Besides, my OP said "If the Queens build a comfortable lead..." and 10-6 is far from comfortable. While I understand your point and where you're going with this, my guess is it'll be closer to 28-3 Vikings by halftime and Favre will be handing the ball off alot to burn clock in the second half.

falco
09-20-2009, 11:36 AM

Yup...I was at that game. I was like, "where is Peterson?" He scared the $hit out of me in the first half.

Fritz
09-20-2009, 11:44 AM
Apparently he impressed everyone but Chilly.

But Gun has a point. Maybe Chilly has learned his lesson.

Still, I do see him letting Favre get some practice time in once the Vikes are up. This would also allow him to rest Peterson.

Scott Campbell
09-20-2009, 11:49 AM

You're probably right. He likely wont need 30 carries to reach the 200 yard mark anyways. Still, they keep it on the ground. I don't see them airing it out with a comfortable lead. They'll run clock and go home.

Looks like a big day from Chester Taylor.

Gunakor
09-20-2009, 11:50 AM

Looks like a big day from Chester Taylor.

If there was ever a game this season where one could reasonably expect the Vikings to have 2 RB's go over 100 yards...

MOBB DEEP
09-20-2009, 11:51 AM
Why not? If the Vikes get a lead, that's perfect "practice time" for Favre

Extended preseason until MNF

Brett sets record for starts at any position; stil amazes me

Im sure Vikes wana get off to a quicker start than Browns game where they were like 3 and out 4 out of first 6 possesions. Also more attn will be placed on protecting Fvare better. They have a youg FB i believewho might get some burn

I agrre its will practice time for the team in general since chemistry stil work in progress. Much like Cincy at Pack

Both 3 and O when MNF kicks off in 2 weeks

MOBB DEEP
09-20-2009, 04:07 PM
How did bretts old as look Ras?

mngolf19
09-20-2009, 07:48 PM

Since I'm here I'll throw out an answer. His timing was better. But he also took a few hits. Vikes started out exactly the same in this game, 3 and outs and behind but made the halftime adjustments and rolled over them in the second half. Lions played well in first half, Stafford-Jones-D. But they came back to earth in the second. And once it was decided they took BF out again.

Tyrone Bigguns
09-20-2009, 07:57 PM
These early games mean nothing for Bert..healthwise.

It all starts next week with the Niners. Singletary and his boys will be hitting hard.

Let's see how he hold up playing the niners, us, then pitts, baltimore and us again.

Ty predicts by the 2nd GB game, Bert is gonna look worse than Rocky did after Apollo whooped his ass.

DEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNA!!

Bert

DEAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNA!

Bert

MOBB DEEP
09-20-2009, 08:00 PM

Since I'm here I'll throw out an answer. His timing was better. But he also took a few hits. Vikes started out exactly the same in this game, 3 and outs and behind but made the halftime adjustments and rolled over them in the second half. Lions played well in first half, Stafford-Jones-D. But they came back to earth in the second. And once it was decided they took BF out again.

Do you know his passer rating? Got more rest huh? Maybe Chilly knows SOMETHING

gex
09-20-2009, 08:04 PM
Our boy looked good today, and he broke the consecutive start record :D

mngolf19
09-20-2009, 08:07 PM

His rating was 115. He only missed 2 series(2nd was taking knee) as the Lions held the ball for almost the whole 4th qtr. Vikes somewhat prevent and allowing Lions to run out the clock. Chilly has been saying that as soon as he feels comfortable he will be taking Favre out in each game. I'm assuming 4th qtr and at least a 14 pt lead. Of course they were doing that with many players as I saw The Wall out most of 4th as well and some of the DB's too.

MOBB DEEP
09-20-2009, 08:18 PM

His rating was 115. He only missed 2 series(2nd was taking knee) as the Lions held the ball for almost the whole 4th qtr. Vikes somewhat prevent and allowing Lions to run out the clock. Chilly has been saying that as soon as he feels comfortable he will be taking Favre out in each game. I'm assuming 4th qtr and at least a 14 pt lead. Of course they were doing that with many players as I saw The Wall out most of 4th as well and some of the DB's too.

Who's The Wall? D-line?

Last year I saw nearly every snap of the jets'

A lil harder to follow Minny rt now at least

mngolf19
09-20-2009, 08:23 PM

Who's The Wall? D-line?

Yes the Williams'.

Vikes seem to be not focused or "oh hey, there's a game going on" during the 1st qtrs so far. They move towards "ok" during 2nd, then seemingly turn it on during the 3rds. Lions actually look to be going in the right direction now. I see good things for them in the future, just not so much this season although they will win a few.

MOBB DEEP
09-20-2009, 08:29 PM

Who's The Wall? D-line?

Yes the Williams'.

Vikes seem to be not focused or "oh hey, there's a game going on" during the 1st qtrs so far. They move towards "ok" during 2nd, then seemingly turn it on during the 3rds. Lions actually look to be going in the right direction now. I see good things for them in the future, just not so much this season although they will win a few.

Lions no wins till at least week 8 = Rams

MOBB DEEP
09-21-2009, 06:07 AM
The geezer had a career high passing percentage of 85.2, 11-12 1st half, 23-27 for the game! wow...

Threw the key BLOCK for AD's 15 yard jaunt (vintage favre) that got AD untracked for the game

Something tells me he's quite comfortable "managing" the game, gettn wins, padding his records and stats, and being WELL compensated - does he even break a sweat? The lucky bastard's SITTING PRETTY

ZERO int's this season!

Harvin's a flat-out stud of a talent too

Good test next week with Gore going against that run D for Minny's home opener; I think Vikes win ONLY b/c its the home opener

Im SO disappointed that Pack loss; I thought it was gona be cool to have Pack n Minny undefeated when they meet in a MERE two weeks... :evil:

Packers4Ever
09-21-2009, 02:27 PM
Wait 10 minutes - he might change his mind.

HAHA you sure got that one right, SC !

Packers4Ever
09-21-2009, 02:31 PM
DAMN !! Sure wish I'd had a moment longer to log in what was

said and who said it.....:roll: the story was right there...

Patler
09-21-2009, 02:51 PM
Our boy looked good today, and he broke the consecutive start record :D

Apparently not according to Jim Marshall. who said he STARTED every game as a rookie, but his claim can't be verified by available records. They do however credit him with playing in all those games. So while his recognized streak was 270 starts, he claims it is actually 282 (just 12 game seasons back then).

MOBB DEEP
09-23-2009, 06:00 PM
They're saying Favre has torn finger nail: will he go?>??? :twisted:

MOBB DEEP
09-23-2009, 06:23 PM
Oh, will/SHOULD favre get fined for saying that the fine NYJ got was "unfair?"

MOBB DEEP
09-23-2009, 06:26 PM
That excuse is wearing a little thin for me.

After hearing his presser today it's CLEAR him talkn too much IS the issue....

Leave the man alone; u AND sc :cry:

MOBB DEEP
09-23-2009, 06:28 PM
Ras,

How's AD's back issues?

Favre says he is BY FAR the best RB he's ever seen incld Sweetness (kinda wrecked me tho since walters my all-time fav)

Rastak
09-23-2009, 06:32 PM
Ras,

How's AD's back issues?

Favre says he is BY FAR the best RB he's ever seen incld Sweetness (kinda wrecked me tho since walters my all-time fav)

Back issues? Well, I guess it's a bit sore from carrying the offense on it but he's ok from what I hear.

MOBB DEEP
09-23-2009, 06:49 PM
in same segment favre was sweating him, They said on espn that he didnt really practice b/c of sore back

..he HAS to stop taking on defenders and get ouit of bounds when its time if he wants to last! 5 yards not worth having 5 year career...ask earl campbell about being tuffy

MOBB DEEP
09-23-2009, 08:34 PM
Ras,

How's AD's back issues?

Back issues? Well, I guess it's a bit sore from carrying the offense on it but he's ok from what I hear.

Are u or or u not the vikings info man around here? dayum.....nfln reporting back issues too; limited participation in practice today!

Put the buddah down!

MOBB DEEP
09-27-2009, 05:41 AM
2. Harvin. You dont' call a rookie a flat out stud, until they have proven it. If harvin is a flat out stud, then Jennings is an out of this world HOF.

Mark my words Ty

And brett is endearing himself to him too....

....thus Harvin is leading team in receptions on the way to ROY

Tyrone Bigguns
09-27-2009, 05:48 AM
2. Harvin. You dont' call a rookie a flat out stud, until they have proven it. If harvin is a flat out stud, then Jennings is an out of this world HOF.

Mark my words Ty

Ahead of the rookie who's team is undefeated in the media capital of the world? :lol:

MOBB DEEP
09-27-2009, 06:24 AM

Mark my words Ty

Ahead of the rookie who's team is undefeated in the media capital of the world? :lol:

AND a pretty boy to boot...sigh

Me thinks Jets will still end up .500 though

Tyrone Bigguns
09-27-2009, 06:27 AM

Mark my words Ty

Why is it when a black man gets successful he wants a white guy? :lol:

Zool
09-27-2009, 11:25 AM

Mark my words Ty

Why is it when a black man gets successful he wants a white guy? :lol:

Sanchez is white?

gex
09-27-2009, 11:29 AM
Favre should have a good day today! :D

Brando19
09-27-2009, 11:41 AM
Favre should have a good day today! :D

Hopefully he throws 4 INTS and AD has 25 rushing yards.

Bretsky
09-27-2009, 12:04 PM
I think Favre might struggle today; that Niner defense is tough. Favre will get impatient and throw 1-2 picks IMO.

I kind of hope the Vikings win though and they we take the undefeated squad down next week

MOBB DEEP
09-27-2009, 12:21 PM
BOOM favre throws a 30 yrd strike to rice

MOBB DEEP
09-27-2009, 01:37 PM
49ers block fg run in TD before half

Lead 14-13

MOBB DEEP
09-27-2009, 02:16 PM

Mark my words Ty

Harvin KR for td! FLAT OUT stud...!

MOBB DEEP
09-27-2009, 02:29 PM
wow....favre just laid a hecka block on P. Willis...vintage!

MOBB DEEP
09-27-2009, 02:39 PM
9ers are Balln

MOBB DEEP
09-27-2009, 02:42 PM
Hill-to-davis is golden

MOBB DEEP
09-27-2009, 02:53 PM
Can Lord Favre engineer another 4th quarter comeback at age 90????

BOOM...!!! :wink:

G.O.A.T.

MOBB DEEP
09-27-2009, 02:58 PM
Favre doin that mess again goin past line of scrimmage lol

gex
09-27-2009, 03:05 PM
wish theyd switch over to that game for the last 2 min

Kiwon
09-27-2009, 03:06 PM
2 bad throws by Farve.

No 4th quarter comeback today.

Bretsky
09-27-2009, 03:09 PM
vikes have the ball back; 80 yds to go with no TO's

Bretsky
09-27-2009, 03:09 PM
now 60yds to go

Bretsky
09-27-2009, 03:11 PM
54 yards
40 seconds

MOBB DEEP
09-27-2009, 03:14 PM
Can Lord Favre engineer another 4th quarter comeback at age 90????

BOOM...!!! :wink:

G.O.A.T.

!

Kiwon
09-27-2009, 03:14 PM
2 bad throws by Favre.

Opps....I could be wrong.

Favre makes his first real mark as a Viking.

MOBB DEEP
09-27-2009, 03:16 PM
CLASSIC! the 1st game he has to win it HE DOES!!!!

Bretsky
09-27-2009, 03:17 PM
2 bad throws by Favre.

THE CURSE OF

KIWON

is born

MOBB DEEP
09-27-2009, 03:17 PM
301 yards too....WHAT!!!??

Jimx29
09-27-2009, 03:18 PM
Outstanding.....this is why i've always said, "once a fan,always a fan"

MOBB DEEP
EARNING that loot

]{ilr]3
all the brent favre dick suckers will hae a field day with this

Kiwon
09-27-2009, 03:19 PM
2 bad throws by Favre.

THE CURSE OF

KIWON

is born

:)

Jimx29
09-27-2009, 03:20 PM
{ilr]3]all the brent favre dick suckers will hae a field day with thisas well as the anti-Favre people who resort to name calling like 2nd graders

Kiwon
09-27-2009, 03:22 PM
Well, the old guy proved that he can move a team downfield by himself.

Yes, Farve can still beat you with his arm.

Bretsky
09-27-2009, 03:24 PM
2 bad throws by Favre.

THE CURSE OF

KIWON

is born

You do realize your LEGACY has just been born

This could be bigger than my curse on draft picks !!

:)

]{ilr]3
09-27-2009, 03:26 PM
{ilr]3]all the brent favre dick suckers will hae a field day with thisas well as the anti-Favre people who resort to name calling like 2nd graders

See, what did i say.

MOBB DEEP
09-27-2009, 03:42 PM

Yes, Favre can still beat you with his arm.

best game-managing QB ever no???

Gunakor
09-27-2009, 03:44 PM

He's done a fantastic job at that this year, so don't think I'm taking anything away from what he's done so far this year. He's been very, very solid in 2009.

But...

The best game-manager ever? Absolutely not. He may be the best gunslinger ever. Certainly not a game manager type, at least until this season.

Tyrone Bigguns
09-27-2009, 03:46 PM

Manning by far over favre.

Bossman641
09-27-2009, 03:47 PM
Outstanding.....this is why i've always said, "once a fan,always a fan"

Normally this applies to teams, not players

imscott72
09-27-2009, 03:48 PM
And to think he didn't even need training camp. Like him or not it's pretty amazing..

MOBB DEEP
09-27-2009, 03:51 PM
Favre carried the team; him and that STUD harvin...

Percy has Td in all 3 games

I think we have best div in fball talent -wise

MOBB DEEP
09-27-2009, 03:53 PM

Im talkn "manager" like dilfer, etc since thhtas the catch phrase ppl are using for favre this year...obviously Montanas best

Kiwon
09-27-2009, 03:55 PM
And to think he didn't even need training camp. Like him or not it's pretty amazing..

Makes the Vikes ownership and head coach look like geniuses.

Actually, you could not ask for a more entertaining storyline building up to next week's game.

It's a football fan's dream.

Heck, maybe, TT will suit up again and play middle linebacker against #4.

MOBB DEEP
09-27-2009, 04:01 PM

Makes the Vikes ownership and head coach look like geniuses.

Actually, you could not ask for a more entertaining storyline building up to next week's game.

It's a football fan's dream.

Heck, maybe, TT will suit up again and play middle linebacker against #4.

lol

Tyrone Bigguns
09-27-2009, 04:10 PM

Mark my words Ty

Jets undefeated. 2 passing tds trumps a kick return. Leading your team as a rookie to 3 wins and no losses.

SANCHEZ.

KR for TD or QB passing for 2 tds and leading team to three and 0.

The black man's time is over. Move over, mexicans are taking over. Sanchex is a MexiCAN!!!

BZnDallas
09-27-2009, 04:16 PM
I seem to remember BF playing really well in the beginning of the season last year too... the story has yet to be finished...

Rastak
09-27-2009, 04:28 PM
I seem to remember BF playing really well in the beginning of the season last year too... the story has yet to be finished...

He didn't play all that well today. That last pass was perfect though.

Chevelle2
09-27-2009, 04:35 PM

Im talkn "manager" like dilfer, etc since thhtas the catch phrase ppl are using for favre this year...obviously Montanas best

LOL @ you thinking Montana was a game manager. Are you 12, or retarded?

MOBB DEEP
09-27-2009, 04:36 PM

He didn't play all that well today. That last pass was perfect though.

I disagree but i wasnt AT the game....totally different perspective when THERE...i give him a grade of b-plus

MOBB DEEP
09-27-2009, 04:38 PM

I think some of yal cats subconsciously want to misread my posts

I said favre is best dilfer-type ever whereas montans is best ever period!

dayum...

Chevelle2
09-27-2009, 04:39 PM

dayum...

Perhaps you should write coherently next time.

MOBB DEEP
09-27-2009, 04:41 PM
GREAT presser by brett; gave ALL of the credit to g. lewis, none to himself...

That selfish bastard...lol

His QB rating i blieve was like 79; guess that tells us how relevant those ratings are huh?!

MOBB DEEP
09-27-2009, 04:42 PM

dayum...

dont pounce! :wink:

And u cant be rough on me since pack won today; no excuse to be meanie

Gunakor
09-27-2009, 04:54 PM

His QB rating i blieve was like 79; guess that tells us how relevant those ratings are huh?!

Well, he did take 59 minutes and 58 seconds to put the game away. He didn't have the greatest completion percentage, yards per attempt, TD to INT ratio, etc.

He won, but he didn't have the greatest day in the world. I think the QB rating is pretty suggestive of the day he had prior to making a great throw to win the game.

gex

dayum...

Ahh I see the young kids are coming in the Favre thread to do some trolling.

MOBB DEEP
Favre loves harvin...

MOBB DEEP
09-27-2009, 04:55 PM

dayum...

lol, usual suspects

Chevelle2
09-27-2009, 04:56 PM

dayum...

LOL. This is the only packer forum where such a thread exists. Can I start a Javon Walker thread too? Anthony Smith?

MOBB DEEP
09-27-2009, 04:57 PM

dayum...

LOL. This is the only packer forum where such a thread exists. Can I start a Javon Walker thread too? Anthony Smith?

lol jwalk

Gunakor
09-27-2009, 04:58 PM

dayum...

Just keeping things honest. Calling Favre one of the better game managers ever is a bit much. Greatest gunslinger, sure, he arguably is the best gunslinger ever. But he wasn't a game manager for the vast majority of his career, so it's tough to call him the best ever. He might be the best through 3 weeks in 2009 though.

Chevelle2
09-27-2009, 04:58 PM

dayum...

lol jwalk

I feel if you and Gex were really steadfast in your support for Favre, you wouldn't let my comments bother you. After all, I have said nothing bad about him, just talked about Montana.

MOBB DEEP
09-27-2009, 05:00 PM
[quote:eee18743cc="Kiwon"]Well, the old guy proved that he can move a team downfield by himself.

dayum...

lol jwalk

I feel if you and Gex were really steadfast in your support for Favre, you wouldn't let my comments bother you. After all, I have said nothing bad about him, just talked about Montana.[/quote:eee18743cc]

Oh, its all good for me; favre aint my mama...i just get disappointed when folk get rude towards ME, not these darn ENTERTAINERS....

woodbuck27
09-27-2009, 05:10 PM

With Brett Favre it's all about the 'W'.

woodbuck27
09-27-2009, 05:12 PM
[quote:28df593512="MOBB DEEP"][quote:28df593512="Kiwon"]Well, the old guy proved that he can move a team downfield by himself.

dayum...

lol jwalk

I feel if you and Gex were really steadfast in your support for Favre, you wouldn't let my comments bother you. After all, I have said nothing bad about him, just talked about Montana.[/quote:28df593512]

Oh, its all good for me; favre aint my mama...i just get disappointed when folk get rude towards ME, not these darn ENTERTAINERS....[/quote:28df593512]

Hey! Your cool Moob Deep. A real football fan. :D

woodbuck27
09-27-2009, 05:15 PM
{ilr]3]

See, what did i say.

Favre and Aaron Rodgers 'on fire'. Good for those men. :D

MOBB DEEP
09-27-2009, 05:30 PM
{ilr]3]

See, what did i say.

Favre and Aaron Rodgers 'on fire'. Good for those men. :D

EXACTLY! all's well

Cant believe that was the 1st 300 yrd passing game for Minny in SIXTY-THREE games! whoa....

I think the owners and fans are happy

SITTING PRETTY

denverYooper
09-27-2009, 05:41 PM
Gotta give credit where credit is due: that was a sweet play.

MOBB DEEP
09-27-2009, 05:47 PM
Favre 7 shy off all-time record for 4th quarter comebacks, elway of course

Scott Campbell
09-27-2009, 05:49 PM

It was a terrific play. I'm just glad he got it out of his system before next week.

MOBB DEEP
09-27-2009, 05:52 PM

It was a terrific play. I'm just glad he got it out of his system before next week.

Where u been SC?

Favre's confidence (even after 100 years in NFL) should be high for MNF

Aaron and him will DEF engage in frickn shoot-out!

MOBB DEEP
09-27-2009, 06:34 PM

Mark my words Ty

Jets undefeated. 2 passing tds trumps a kick return. Leading your team as a rookie to 3 wins and no losses.

SANCHEZ.

KR for TD or QB passing for 2 tds and leading team to three and 0.

The black man's time is over. Move over, mexicans are taking over. Sanchex is a MexiCAN!!!

Scott Campbell
09-27-2009, 06:36 PM

Where u been SC?

I think the Packers will be 7 point dogs in this one. They've got a lot of stuff to fix. But I'm thrilled we won.

MOBB DEEP
09-27-2009, 06:36 PM
Favre carried the team; him and that STUD harvin...

Percy has Td in all 3 games

I think we have best div in fball talent -wise

oops

Gunakor
09-27-2009, 06:37 PM

Where u been SC?

If this game were played on a Wednesday morning Favre's confidence would be high. It has nothing to do with MNF.

I hope they tell Brett to throw 46 times. I hope it becomes Favre vs Rodgers. I really do. Because the fewer times he hands the ball of to Peterson the better the chance we win the game.

MOBB DEEP
09-27-2009, 06:37 PM

Where u been SC?

I think the Packers will be 7 point dogs in this one. They've got a lot of stuff to fix. But I'm thrilled we won.

I say 4 points

MOBB DEEP
09-27-2009, 06:41 PM
JUST as i suspected, tom jackson and cats on espn are JOCKING brett for making the decleater on P. Willis

BEAST

woodbuck27
09-27-2009, 06:52 PM

Here it is and we'll not see many better:

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-cant-miss-plays/09000d5d812f33ea/WK-3-Can-t-Miss-Play-Favre-s-game-winner

An especially great day for those of us that still appreciate Brett Favre. Lots of us still here at Packerrats. :D

BallHawk
09-27-2009, 06:52 PM
Fine with the Vikes' victory. If they did or didn't win this one against SF, it still doesn't change the circumstances for next week: the winner will be the leader in the NFC North.

And I'd much rather play the Vikings coming off a win than a loss.

woodbuck27
09-27-2009, 06:55 PM
Fine with the Vikes' victory. If they did or didn't win this one against SF, it still doesn't change the circumstances for next week: the winner will be the leader in the NFC North.

It will be an amazing build-up and game BallHawk. A huge game for the Packers.

Scott Campbell
09-27-2009, 07:03 PM

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-cant-miss-plays/09000d5d812f33ea/WK-3-Can-t-Miss-Play-Favre-s-game-winner

An especially great day for those of us that still appreciate Brett Favre. Lots of us still here at Packerrats. :D

I think it's somewhat diminished by the fact that his defense had to grant him a mulligan from him turning it over on downs 90 seconds earlier.

mmmdk
09-27-2009, 07:04 PM

It will be an amazing build-up and game BallHawk. A huge game for the Packers.

It'll be a very, very hostile game. Packers might steal this game but I see Vikings run wild in this one - really AD wild!!! I don't see Packers coming to Minny hot or ready for prime time.
Heck, but that's why they play the games. :|

MOBB DEEP
09-27-2009, 07:07 PM
I can see it now; ALL the talk will be about brett'nem tomorow - game of the day type coverage!

Schizsm...lol

MOBB DEEP
09-27-2009, 07:08 PM

I think it's somewhat diminished by the fact that his defense had to grant him a mulligan from him turning it over on downs 90 seconds earlier.

lol...watch the game and you'll see that the D and Berrian almost did minny in NOT lord

Gunakor
09-27-2009, 07:37 PM
I can see it now; ALL the talk will be about brett'nem tomorow - game of the day type coverage!

Schizsm...lol

Most of the talk tomorrow will be about the Detroit Lions. That I can guarantee.

mmmdk
09-27-2009, 07:41 PM

Schizsm...lol

Most of the talk tomorrow will be about the Detroit Lions. That I can guarantee.

I called it - the Lions win - in the pick'em thread. :P

I believe Lions will upset someone in the NFC North too...a sweep of da Bears! :lol:

GrnBay007
09-27-2009, 07:50 PM
Pretty cool. After all these years the guy still gets emotional after a play/win like that. Anyone else notice that on the sideline?

KYPack
09-27-2009, 07:55 PM
Check yer PM,

Brettette.

Yeah, it was cool.

GrnBay007
09-27-2009, 08:03 PM
Check yer PM,

Brettette.

Yeah, it was cool.

LOL!

Ever hear of sharing?? :P :P

packerbacker1234
09-27-2009, 08:39 PM
Been watching Favre do that for what, 18 years now? The man can still play, but he is sure taking a beating. People keep saying if AR had that OL he would be unstoppable, but last I checked, Favre has been getting HAMMERED in all three games. That OL hasn't exactly been.... any better then ours.

Anyways, as much as I hate seeing the vikings win, I gotta say that watching that play was pretty damn exciting. That there is why they wanted Brett Favre and let him push the vikings around a bit with training camp and such. There OL needs to play better though or Favre wont make it through the season. The man can take a hit with the best of them, and hell watching that one decleating block he can apparently hit others with the best of them, but he's a old man now. Can't be allowing him to get hit like that every game.

All I can say is: Good for you favre. I am sure this win was pretty good validating measure in your head that you made the right choice to come back. Hate seeing you in purple, and if you lead the vikes to the division crown over us I'll be pretty upset, but no matter how hard I try and I can't help but cheer for you.

The NFL is definitely a hell of a lot more fun to watch with you in it.

MOBB DEEP
09-28-2009, 02:24 AM
Been watching Favre do that for what, 18 years now? The man can still play, but he is sure taking a beating. People keep saying if AR had that OL he would be unstoppable, but last I checked, Favre has been getting HAMMERED in all three games. That OL hasn't exactly been.... any better then ours.

Anyways, as much as I hate seeing the vikings win, I gotta say that watching that play was pretty damn exciting. That there is why they wanted Brett Favre and let him push the vikings around a bit with training camp and such. There OL needs to play better though or Favre wont make it through the season. The man can take a hit with the best of them, and hell watching that one decleating block he can apparently hit others with the best of them, but he's a old man now. Can't be allowing him to get hit like that every game.

All I can say is: Good for you favre. I am sure this win was pretty good validating measure in your head that you made the right choice to come back. Hate seeing you in purple, and if you lead the vikes to the division crown over us I'll be pretty upset, but no matter how hard I try and I can't help but cheer for you.

The NFL is definitely a hell of a lot more fun to watch with you in it.

Well said grasshopper....

LOL at jared allen sayn to himself before the last drive "be brett...!"

And favre sayn "I just threw it as hard as I could. It wasnt anything that special; the catch was pretty outstanding..." :wink: Ode to the gunslinger/high plains drifter.....

He also said by administering that awesome decleater "maybe i can get on sportscenter"

That was the most passes favre has thrown in a game since 11/07

Who needs AD to get 100 yrds? :lol:

MOBB DEEP
09-28-2009, 03:11 AM

Schizsm...lol

OK, watch/listen and see

Give the ppl what they want, dig?!

And the more i think about it and see it, that block brett threw was redic! Teammates gon be lovn him in film session..he threw it with his throwing shoulder too LOL....frickn WARRIOR

ThunderDan
09-28-2009, 08:22 AM

Schizsm...lol

OK, watch/listen and see

Give the ppl what they want, dig?!

And the more i think about it and see it, that block brett threw was redic! Teammates gon be lovn him in film session..he threw it with his throwing shoulder too LOL....frickn WARRIOR

I'm guessing that this block was legal and the NFL won't fine him?.

sheepshead
09-28-2009, 10:54 AM
Anyone else see Mark Roman sack Favre?

Gunakor
09-28-2009, 02:40 PM

Schizsm...lol

Well, I was wrong. The Dolphins received much more attention a couple years ago when they won their first game of the season in week 16, but everybody loves the Dolphins. The Lions win their first game in nearly 2 years and it's just an afterthought. Nobody loves the Lions, I guess.

gex
09-28-2009, 11:54 PM
Man after seeing that throw and the way he alluded the defense before it and how he held it till the very end :wow:
His arm looks good and the man knows were the spots are gonna be, the wr's need to get on the same page as the 17 yr veteran :worship:

Monday night ESPN giving Thee Favre much love!
Our Packers win-Our boy Brett wins-hell I even did good in my FFL this week!!!

MadtownPacker
09-28-2009, 11:56 PM
Calm down before you jizz yourself.

Tarlam!
09-29-2009, 09:49 AM
I just received this from a Vikings Fan ex co-worker/buddy of mine!

__________________________________________________ __________________

Breleigh Ann was in her new 4th grade class in Minnesota after moving from New York, when the teacher asked the children what their fathers did for a living.

All the typical answers came up - Fireman, Truck Driver, Salesman, etc.

Breleigh Ann was being uncharacteristically quiet and so the teacher asked her about her father.

'My father's an exotic dancer in a gay bar and takes off all his clothes in front of other men.

Sometimes, if the offer's really good, he'll go out to the alley with some guy and blow them for money.'

The teacher, obviously shaken by her statement immediately changed the subject and hurriedly set the other children to work on a coloring project.

She then took Breleigh Ann aside and asked her, 'Is that really true about your father?'

'No,' said Breleigh Ann, 'He's Brett Favre but I was just too embarrassed to let anyone know that.

Chevelle2
09-29-2009, 09:41 PM
Well well well, this sure makes a lot of sense now, doesn't it? :D

http://www.packerchatters.com/4ums/index.php?showtopic=5622

MAY 2007

According to 2 separate sources, their opinion is that if Favre plays well this season (2007) then he’ll return for another year but it will NOT be with the Green Bay Packers. If Favre doesn’t play up to his own expectations, he’ll walk away from the game, to his tractor in Hattiesburg and ultimately to that anticipated day when he slips on that gold jacket and unveils his bronze bust on the historic stage in Canton.
Enjoy this year Packers fans, this appears to truly be Favre’s last hurrah. Question, if the Packers finish the 2007 campaign 11-5 and play deep in to January, would that convince #4 to don the green and gold once again? We’ll have to wait and see.

channel 4 (WTMJ) out of Milwaukee on the news last night(Tuesday)
They said that Brett Favre called MM and told him this is his last year with the Packers, because he doesn't care for TT. They said that Favre said he will either retire at the end of the season, or if he has a good year he wants to be traded.
Now......i have NO idea how they got this info. I can't see MM telling ANYONE if he got this kind of call from Favre.
This was on the Milwaukee Journal TV station, so I don't know WHY they would throw this out unless they had some GREAT inside source.

So this would lend into my theory that he has wanted to play in MIN since 2007. This would also lead me to believe that his initial retirement was fake. :shock:

MJZiggy
09-29-2009, 09:44 PM
It's reached a point. I just don't give a flying hamster any more (yes I did have wine with dinner. Why do you ask?)

falco
09-29-2009, 09:44 PM
It's reached a point. I just don't give a flying hamster any more (yes I did have wine with dinner. Why do you ask?)

2nd

Bretsky
09-29-2009, 11:32 PM

2nd

You two STOP MAKING SENSE !!!!

It's so much more fruitful to ridicule and nitpick :lol:

MOBB DEEP
09-30-2009, 06:47 AM
5 days, 12 hours, 42 mins til kickoff biatches!

LETS GOOOOO.....!!!

Fritz
09-30-2009, 07:01 AM
It's a good thing I don't own a hamster because if I did and the Packers were on t.v. and playing badly, it would become a flying hamster.

But I get your point.

Beat the Vikings!

MadtownPacker
09-30-2009, 12:05 PM
MAY 2007

According to 2 separate sources, their opinion is that if Favre plays well this season (2007) then he’ll return for another year but it will NOT be with the Green Bay Packers. If Favre doesn’t play up to his own expectations, he’ll walk away from the game, to his tractor in Hattiesburg and ultimately to that anticipated day when he slips on that gold jacket and unveils his bronze bust on the historic stage in Canton.
Enjoy this year Packers fans, this appears to truly be Favre’s last hurrah. Question, if the Packers finish the 2007 campaign 11-5 and play deep in to January, would that convince #4 to don the green and gold once again? We’ll have to wait and see.

They said that Brett Favre called MM and told him this is his last year with the Packers, because he doesn't care for TT. They said that Favre said he will either retire at the end of the season, or if he has a good year he wants to be traded.
Now......i have NO idea how they got this info. I can't see MM telling ANYONE if he got this kind of call from Favre.
This was on the Milwaukee Journal TV station, so I don't know WHY they would throw this out unless they had some GREAT inside source.
So whats up with posting the link to your favorite forum you sorry SOB? That article wasnt even from there and no one here gives a shit what is said there. Do you post links to this site on other forums joto?

Chevelle2
09-30-2009, 12:12 PM
MAY 2007

So whats up with posting the link to your favorite forum you sorry SOB? That article wasnt even from there and no one here gives a shit what is said there. Do you post links to this site on other forums joto?

Firstly, if "no one cares about what is said there" why were you compelled to reply?

Secondly, why do you always resort to name calling?

MadtownPacker
09-30-2009, 12:18 PM
Firstly, if "no one cares about what is said there" why were you compelled to reply?

Secondly, why do you always resort to name calling?Im commenting about how you love to put your favorite forum link here all the time. They not doing good enough? BS move IMO.

Because I always have and once I got my handcuffs removed during the summer I was able to resort to my old ways from back in the JSO days. Sorry if it makes you sad. :D

packerbacker1234
09-30-2009, 12:32 PM
Well, as it was stated in that small tidbit, it was TT on why Favre wanted out after 2007, not necessarily his desire to play for another team. He just wanted to get away from TT, and who can blame him?

In the last 4 years that #4 was a packer, TT didn't make any moves that would lead you to believe he wanted to win now. He stayed safe adn went through the draft. Favre got sick of it. He wanted to win now, not set the table for Rodgers.

pbmax
09-30-2009, 01:54 PM
That Chatters stuff is complete nonsense. If Channel 4 in Milwaukee had put out an actual report (as opposed to laughing at insane rumors) that Favre made that call to M3, it would be all over You Tube and the Internets. Brett may have felt that way, no way does that report exist.

Chevelle2
09-30-2009, 06:32 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/09/30/gruden-thought-favre-was-coming-to-tampa/

"I talked to Brett on the telephone," Gruden said, per Bob Wolfley of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel. "I think if you talk to Brett yourself -- both of us thought he was coming to Tampa. I went to bed about 20 minutes after [midnight] or 12:30 [a.m.] thinking we had Brett Favre. I was sure we had Brett Favre. When I woke up the next day Santa Claus didn't arrive. It was a sad day for me.

SMACKTALKIE
09-30-2009, 06:39 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/09/30/gruden-thought-favre-was-coming-to-tampa/

"I talked to Brett on the telephone," Gruden said, per Bob Wolfley of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel. "I think if you talk to Brett yourself -- both of us thought he was coming to Tampa. I went to bed about 20 minutes after [midnight] or 12:30 [a.m.] thinking we had Brett Favre. I was sure we had Brett Favre. When I woke up the next day Santa Claus didn't arrive. It was a sad day for me.

Wow. Old, non-news that did'nt happen.

Is'nt there a game Monday night?

Bretsky
09-30-2009, 09:02 PM
FOR THE GUYS WHO STILL LIKE FAVRE

WHAT A GREAT VIDEO.........ABOUT THE 3:15 MARK

FUN TO LISTEN TO AND BRINGS BACK MEMORIES

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/09000d5d812f3b87/Vikings-27-49ers-24

GrnBay007
09-30-2009, 10:42 PM

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/09000d5d812f3b87/Vikings-27-49ers-24

Ahem....Gals too? :P

Thanks for posting it.

Sure does bring back memories.

gex
09-30-2009, 11:13 PM

Man, from 50 yards out...that was a magical throw. 1 foot in either direction and no catch for the game winner.
Scrambling in traffic.... from 50 yards out.........

Scott Campbell
09-30-2009, 11:13 PM
Well, as it was stated in that small tidbit, it was TT on why Favre wanted out after 2007, not necessarily his desire to play for another team. He just wanted to get away from TT, and who can blame him?

In the last 4 years that #4 was a packer, TT didn't make any moves that would lead you to believe he wanted to win now. He stayed safe adn went through the draft. Favre got sick of it. He wanted to win now, not set the table for Rodgers.

:bs:

denverYooper
10-01-2009, 11:03 AM
Another Angle on The Comeback Kid:

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=fleming/090930&sportCat=nfl

I appreciate all of the things he did for the Pack, but I think the Dune-esque mythbuilding is ridiculous.

pbmax
10-01-2009, 01:22 PM
Brent in Weekly Media Availability: Never Was About Revenge

See JSO Blog for details. http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/63112217.html

Also, Clifton did not practice on Wednesday, nor did Bigby or BJack.

Peter King will Twitter with head asplode in a few minutes.

packerbacker1234
10-01-2009, 01:57 PM

I appreciate all of the things he did for the Pack, but I think the Dune-esque mythbuilding is ridiculous.

I like the first comment: He compares it to elway and one user says "go break down all of elways 47 comebacks and I bet you see the same thing".

In all actuallity, he is probably right.

Chevelle2
10-01-2009, 02:54 PM
why ask for Jets to release you?: "None of that matters now anyway. What matters is that game Monday night."

LOL @ this clown.

Bretsky
10-01-2009, 09:40 PM
NFL NETWORK

Greatest 4th Quarters

Showing Pack vs Vikes in 2000

Rastak
10-01-2009, 09:41 PM
NFL NETWORK

Greatest 4th Quarters

Didn't that asshole guy that everyone hates play in that game....the dude everyone boo's cause they hate him?

Bretsky
10-01-2009, 09:43 PM
NFL NETWORK

Greatest 4th Quarters

Didn't that asshole guy that everyone hates play in that game....the dude everyone boo's cause they hate him?

Yup, and that guy who completely sucks rocks and always has played pretty dang well that game.

Rastak
10-01-2009, 09:46 PM
Oh, I wouldn't cheer for him either once the whistle sounded but damn, there is a ton of hate.

Bretsky
10-01-2009, 09:50 PM
Oh, I wouldn't cheer for him either once the whistle sounded but damn, there is a ton of hate.

FAN is short for FANatics

Agree with you completely

pbmax
10-01-2009, 09:50 PM
NFL NETWORK

Greatest 4th Quarters

Yup, and that guy who completely sucks rocks and always has played pretty dang well that game.
C'mon. No one thinks he sucked before Ray Rhodes. :lol:

Bretsky
10-01-2009, 09:54 PM
NFL NETWORK

Greatest 4th Quarters

Ray Rhodes ruined a talented team that year

Tyrone Bigguns
10-01-2009, 09:55 PM
NFL NETWORK

Greatest 4th Quarters

Ron Wolf ruined a talented team that year

Fixed

pbmax
10-01-2009, 09:56 PM
NFL NETWORK

Greatest 4th Quarters

And wouldn't this just be pot-stirring (by both B and Ras)? Putting words in people's mouths?

Pretending there is no nuance to anyone's position? Taking the most extreme commenters and pretending they represent an entire group?

Is this really Taking It Down A Notch? :lol:

Am I going to keep asking myself my own leading questions to sway the debate my direction? I might, you never know.

pbmax
10-01-2009, 09:59 PM
NFL NETWORK

Greatest 4th Quarters

Ray Rhodes ruined a talented team that year
You know, I don't know. Parts of that team were really old by that time. Think of how young the O Line got in just two years after this. The defense suffered brutally too.

I think Ray was his own worst enemy, but Ron was reloading and it took him two years to complete it.

Bretsky
10-01-2009, 09:59 PM
Touchdown Antonio Freeman; Packers win

Wait, the play is under review

Dang that was a great Monday Night

pbmax
10-01-2009, 10:04 PM
Touchdown Antonio Freeman; Packers win

Wait, the play is under review

Dang that was a great Monday Night
That catch was insane. I couldn't watch it if I rooted for the Vikings. Ridiculous.

Cleft Crusty
10-01-2009, 10:05 PM

I like the first comment: He compares it to elway and one user says "go break down all of elways 47 comebacks and I bet you see the same thing".

That's the key to the whole article - there was never any attempt at relating Favre's comebacks to those of other QBs. Thus, the entire focus of the article is completely pointless. Legends grow in the game of sport because sports figures do great things in great ways, and great reporters, like a Damon Runyan and Grantland Rice add the imagery and soaring language, to sear them into the country's collective consciousness. Having John Facenda blow smoke up your ass doesn't hurt either.

Tyrone Bigguns
10-01-2009, 10:15 PM
Having John Facenda blow smoke up your ass doesn't hurt either.

Trust Ty, it does.

Kiwon
10-01-2009, 10:52 PM

Trust Ty, it does.

:) I knew it.

MJZiggy
10-02-2009, 06:18 AM

That's the key to the whole article - there was never any attempt at relating Favre's comebacks to those of other QBs. Thus, the entire focus of the article is completely pointless. Legends grow in the game of sport because sports figures do great things in great ways, and great reporters, like a Damon Runyan and Grantland Rice add the imagery and soaring language, to sear them into the country's collective consciousness. Having John Facenda blow smoke up your ass doesn't hurt either.

Writers like Rice are extinct. When's the last time you've heard language like that?

Tyrone Bigguns
10-02-2009, 06:42 AM

Trust Ty, it does.

:) I knew it.

What is telling is that you thought it was sexual.

Pugger
10-02-2009, 10:31 AM
Queen fans kill me. They all laugh at us for feeling bitter towards Favre.

But for argument's sake let suppose this: AP helps bring home a SB and is universally loved by all Queen fans (the thought of that is stomach turning but stay with me here). After a couple of years Chilly gets canned and they bring in a task master HC and AP is uphappy. AP "retires" but then starts doing all the crap Favre has this past year. Queen fans get wind that AP wants to play in GREEN BAY! :shock: AP asks for his release but MN instead trades him to an AFC team. AP plays one year there, "retires" yet again but asks that AFC team for his release and they give it to him. Not long after that he goes straight to Wisconsin and 1265.

THIS is why so many fans have no love for Favre today.

MadtownPacker
10-02-2009, 10:49 AM
Pugger - The anger for what went down lasy year is justified but I think it is BS how many cut down his time in GB. The man put in work and gave us many moments like what he gave queens fans last Sunday. Why does that have to be discounted?

Fritz
10-02-2009, 11:11 AM
It doesn't have to be, and it shouldn't.

He was, above all, an exciting quarterback to watch - often a good kind of excitement, as when he'd stuff a football between three defenders for a touchdown, though sometimes a bad kind of excitement, as when he threw the ball into an opposing linebacker's arms (thank goodness they dropped lots of those surprises).

But often enough it was the good kind - so much so that he's headed to the Hall of Fame. He could be frustrating sometimes, but he did a whole lot of good stuff for this team, and he was tough.

But he's a Viking now, so right now I hope he throws four picks and gets sacked six times and his team gets its ass beat to a purple pulp on Monday night.

MadtownPacker
10-02-2009, 11:21 AM
Fair post Fritzy but I want a shootout. I want it to be ARod vs. Favre.

Chevelle2
10-02-2009, 11:22 AM

Why?

MadtownPacker
10-02-2009, 11:32 AM

Why?Same reason I wouldn't fight someone with a broken arm. I want them at their best so there can be no doubt. IF you truly believed in ARod you would want the same. You would want him to walk out of the metrodump victorious and able to say "I beat Brett, not my defense".

Fritz
10-02-2009, 11:54 AM
If you want A-rod versus Favre then you gotta hope they sign up with the WWF or the WEF or whatever it is these days, because there's gonna be twenty-two on the field, and I hope the eleven in Packer helmets beat the holy hell outta the ones in the purple helmets.

Having said that, I would say that I would be bummed if Favre gets injured and has to leave the game. But I'd be a lot more bummed if A-rod gets injured. A lot more bummed.

KYPack
10-02-2009, 11:54 AM
At least one team can produce an OK Corral shoot-out. The packer D will be primed to stop AP. That leaves our secondary (espec. that one S spot) vulnerable to the Viking passing attack.

You know both ARod and Jennings want to get their thing rolling. If Rodgers gets time, MM will want to take shots at Minny's leaky secondary.

I think a QB battle is one likely scenario, but this game can break a lot of different way.

MadtownPacker
10-02-2009, 12:07 PM
At least one team can produce an OK Corral shoot-out. The packer D will be primed to stop AP. That leaves our secondary (espec. that one S spot) vulnerable to the Viking passing attack.

You know both ARod and Jennings want to get their thing rolling. If Rodgers gets time, MM will want to take shots at Minny's leaky secondary.

I think a QB battle is one likely scenario, but this game can break a lot of different way.The vikings DBs are something I noticed too. They can be beat and they havent even come across a set like DD and Jennings. Maybe even Jordy and Jones.

Grant is not marquee, vikings have fatboys, fuck it lets air it out. At least that is what I believe will happen. And ARod will hit some bombs. The fireworks will begin.

mngolf19
10-02-2009, 12:21 PM

Why?Same reason I wouldn't fight someone with a broken arm. I want them at their best so there can be no doubt. IF you truly believed in ARod you would want the same. You would want him to walk out of the metrodump victorious and able to say "I beat Brett, not my defense".

I agree completely but wouldn't it be ironic if then TJack came in and led Vikes to a victory?

Pugger
10-02-2009, 01:57 PM
Pugger - The anger for what went down lasy year is justified but I think it is BS how many cut down his time in GB. The man put in work and gave us many moments like what he gave queens fans last Sunday. Why does that have to be discounted?

I think most fans don't discount what BF did for when he played in Green Bay. We should all cherish what he brought to our favorite team. Most fans just can't stomach BF in purple...

Rastak
10-02-2009, 05:20 PM

I think most fans don't discount what BF did for when he played in Green Bay. We should all cherish what he brought to our favorite team. Most fans just can't stomach BF in purple...

And I had just the opposite reaction Pug! :wink:

Well, you got a young Alan Rodgers so you guys will likely be set for sometime.

pbmax
10-02-2009, 07:53 PM
I agree completely but wouldn't it be ironic if then TJack came in and led Vikes to a victory?
Yes it would be, if by ironic you mean bitter and disheartening.

GrnBay007
10-02-2009, 08:09 PM

And I had just the opposite reaction Pug! :wink:

Well, you got a young Alan Rodgers so you guys will likely be set for sometime.

Rastak
10-02-2009, 08:14 PM
Yes it would be, if by ironic you mean bitter and disheartening.

That's for damn sure....lol....