PDA

View Full Version : OFFICIAL BRETT THE LIVING LEGEND THREAD

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46

Rastak
02-01-2009, 02:35 PM
I'm repeating myself but I wonder if indeed the queens are really interested in Favre. Unless Brett changes his tune and conditions himself like an older player must to withstand the rigors of an NFL season he will run out of steam again come December next year even tho he's playing in that Humpty Dump. And would they/could they pay Brett his accustomed millions? Are they up against the cap? Would they ask Brett to take a pay cut?

This move would really endear himself to Packer fans. :butt: If he did go to the Vikes - if the Jets release him and the queens want him - that would be the last straw for me! :evil:

They have a decent amount of cap space and I would assume he'd be playing for alot less than 10 mil. Frerotte took a pretty good beating last year so I have my strong doubts he'd last anywhere near the entire season.

Tp cpk's point, I wouldn't in the least worry about the "circus", because he'd likely have a one year deal, IMHO. Plus, if he plays next year, which I have my doubts, it would surely be his last.

cpk1994
02-01-2009, 02:42 PM
Oops, hit the wrong button. :oops:

cpk1994
02-01-2009, 02:44 PM
I'm repeating myself but I wonder if indeed the queens are really interested in Favre. Unless Brett changes his tune and conditions himself like an older player must to withstand the rigors of an NFL season he will run out of steam again come December next year even tho he's playing in that Humpty Dump. And would they/could they pay Brett his accustomed millions? Are they up against the cap? Would they ask Brett to take a pay cut?

This move would really endear himself to Packer fans. :butt: If he did go to the Vikes - if the Jets release him and the queens want him - that would be the last straw for me! :evil:

They have a decent amount of cap space and I would assume he'd be playing for alot less than 10 mil. Frerotte took a pretty good beating last year so I have my strong doubts he'd last anywhere near the entire season.

Tp cpk's point, I wouldn't in the least worry about the "circus", because he'd likely have a one year deal, IMHO. Plus, if he plays next year, which I have my doubts, it would surely be his last.You really haven't been paying any attention to Favre the last couple of years have you? :)

cpk1994
02-01-2009, 02:47 PM
The Vikings would be smart to bring Favre in if he was cut. He needs to be in a dome or hot weather. It's a venue he could do very well at. Sorry cpk; I know your hate disallows you to do anything but rip on Favre in here but he was hurt last year and is suppose to get better w/o the surgery.This has nothing to do with my Favre hate. This has to do with common sense. It is way to risky for the Vikings to do. They have questions as to how many games the Williams's will play. ANd you wnat them to bring in a 40 year old QB? Being in a dome or hot weather is not the answer becuase it does not explain the SF game. Childress has enough problems that he can't seem to control. Favre just makes things worse. There are better options at QB out there that will give them more than one year. It's no different that the Rodgers vs. Favre debate.

EDIT: And to blame Favre's dipping play at the end of the season to an injury reeks of excuse making BS. His decision making was horrible the last month of the season and that hasn't changed over the last 5 years.

Rastak
02-01-2009, 03:02 PM
The Vikings would be smart to bring Favre in if he was cut. He needs to be in a dome or hot weather. It's a venue he could do very well at. Sorry cpk; I know your hate disallows you to do anything but rip on Favre in here but he was hurt last year and is suppose to get better w/o the surgery.This has nothing to do with my Favre hate. This has to do with common sense. It is way to risky for the Vikings to do. They have questions as to how many games the Williams's will play. ANd you wnat them to bring in a 40 year old QB? Being in a dome or hot weather is not the answer becuase it does not explain the SF game. Childress has enough problems that he can't seem to control. Favre just makes things worse. There are better options at QB out there that will give them more than one year. It's no different that the Rodgers vs. Favre debate.

EDIT: And to blame Favre's dipping play at the end of the season to an injury reeks of excuse making BS. His decision making was horrible the last month of the season and that hasn't changed over the last 5 years.

It may very well have been the injury. You don't have any inside knowledge I'm guessing.

That having been said, I tend to agree with your point, although neither of us know for sure.

Bretsky
02-01-2009, 03:02 PM

ya; sure

It has everything to do with your hate; anybody who pays attention to the forum IMO would agree with me.

Harlan Huckleby
02-01-2009, 04:02 PM
It has everything to do with your hate; anybody who pays attention to the forum IMO would agree with me.

Bretsky is getting vicious. I think cpk1994 and Bretsky both need the quarter treatment. Madtown, do your thing.

Bretsky
02-01-2009, 04:08 PM

Bretsky is getting vicious. I think cpk1994 and Bretsky both need the quarter treatment. Madtown, do your thing.

you should be the Pot Stirring Rat :lol:

PaCkFan_n_MD
02-01-2009, 04:24 PM
is favre still a top 10 qb?

EZ question without the blinders

NO

07- top 5
08- top 20 (between 15-20)

It sucks, but its true.....

cpk1994
02-01-2009, 07:10 PM

ya; sure

It has everything to do with your hate; anybody who pays attention to the forum IMO would agree with me.No it doesn't. I am probably the only one on this forum who actually likes Childress and that is based off of his time at Wisconsin and the two Rose Bowl wins he was an instrumental part in. I can be objective enough to see that Favre at this point would be bad for the Vikings unless you can guarantee a SB. But you can't do that.

retailguy
02-01-2009, 07:26 PM
ya; sure

It has everything to do with your hate; anybody who pays attention to the forum IMO would agree with me.No it doesn't. I am probably the only one on this forum who actually likes Childress and that is based off of his time at Wisconsin and the two Rose Bowl wins he was an instrumental part in. I can be objective enough to see that Favre at this point would be bad for the Vikings unless you can guarantee a SB. But you can't do that.

CPK, I call BS. There is NOTHING about your point that is objective, it's the same old Favre hate. Favre can still play. Bad decisions and all. He's always had them, always will. Are there better options for the Vikings? Maybe.

It isn't about that. If Favre goes to the Vikings, it'll be about two things for the Vikings. Ticket and merchandise sales, and a relatively inexpensive Super Bowl shot.

For Favre, it's about one thing. Poking Thompson in the eye.

Saying Favre can't play any longer is short sighted. Is he the Favre of old? Of course not. But, behind a good line, with good receivers and a threat like AP? He could play. If he accepts the fact that his arm is tiring, and he goes back to short passes, he could play quite well. If not, well it'll be unpredictable.

Just stop responding to the Favre posts. Trust me, we ALL know where you stand. You're entitled to your opinion, but for me, it's as old as Paco's (and the very same thing in reverse).

Bretsky
02-01-2009, 07:50 PM

ya; sure

:bs2: :bs2: :bs2: :bs2: :bs2:

Bretsky
02-01-2009, 07:53 PM
ya; sure

CPK, I call BS. There is NOTHING about your point that is objective, it's the same old Favre hate. Favre can still play. Bad decisions and all. He's always had them, always will. Are there better options for the Vikings? Maybe.

It isn't about that. If Favre goes to the Vikings, it'll be about two things for the Vikings. Ticket and merchandise sales, and a relatively inexpensive Super Bowl shot.

Saying Favre can't play any longer is short sighted. Is he the Favre of old? Of course not. But, behind a good line, with good receivers and a threat like AP? He could play. If he accepts the fact that his arm is tiring, and he goes back to short passes, he could play quite well. If not, well it'll be unpredictable.

Just stop responding to the Favre posts. Trust me, we ALL know where you stand. You're entitled to your opinion, but for me, it's as old as Paco's (and the very same thing in reverse).

:bclap: :clap: :bclap:

cpk1994
02-01-2009, 09:18 PM
ya; sure

Just stop responding to the Favre posts. Trust me, we ALL know where you stand. You're entitled to your opinion, but for me, it's as old as Paco's (and the very same thing in reverse).I never said Favre couldn't play. Show me where I said Favre couldn't play anymore. All I am saying is, and Brett has said this himself, going for one year is risky unless you can guarantee a SB. This is too much of a risk for the Vikings to take. It has nothing to do with my personal opinion of Favre. This is trying to take a look from Childress' possible perspective. Even Ras sees my point.

cpk1994
02-01-2009, 09:21 PM

It may very well have been the injury. You don't have any inside knowledge I'm guessing.

That having been said, I tend to agree with your point, although neither of us know for sure.Exactly right. But you can't write off his bad performance SOLEY to his injury when hhis decision making was very dubious at best.

GrnBay007
02-01-2009, 09:28 PM
Let the hate go dude!!!! :D

cpk1994
02-01-2009, 09:31 PM
Let the hate go dude!!!! :DNo hate here, but thanks anyway. :)

Pugger
02-02-2009, 07:43 AM
This is what drives me crazy. A person says Brett played crappy and his decisions were lousy in December and he is labelled a hater. :doh: When Brett played for us I was a big fan. I have no ill will towards him (unless he goes to the queens - then he'll be just like Shortwell and Sharper) but I don't think he's the same QB now as he was 10 years ago.

Zool
02-02-2009, 09:32 AM
This is what drives me crazy. A person says Brett played crappy and his decisions were lousy in December and he is labelled a hater. :doh: When Brett played for us I was a big fan. I have no ill will towards him (unless he goes to the queens - then he'll be just like Shortwell and Sharper) but I don't think he's the same QB now as he was 10 years ago.

Yup, its best to just stay out of it.

GrnBay007
02-02-2009, 09:52 AM

I was not referring to "people" that questioned his play and decision making in December. My reply was directed at cpk, who has not hidden or attempted to hide his dislike of Brett Favre....it's well documented.

GBRulz
02-02-2009, 10:05 AM
This is what drives me crazy. A person says Brett played crappy and his decisions were lousy in December and he is labelled a hater. :doh:

FYI, cpk is the person people are referring to as a hater, not anyone who says Favre played crappy in Dec. Hell, I said he played crappy in Dec.

What drives me crazy is people that don't have a clue. :roll:

GBRulz
02-02-2009, 10:06 AM
ya; sure

:bclap: :bclap: :bclap:

Fritz
02-02-2009, 10:56 AM
ya; sure

Except, Retail, I think there is a legitimate question as to whether Favre can still play - and it has to do with his injured shoulder. Doctors have determined he's suffered an injury, and whether he could come back and play effectively after such an injury is a legitimate question. He's not a 27 year old QB trying to heal up. It'll be difficult, and who knows if he or anyone can do it and be effective?

cpk1994
02-02-2009, 12:02 PM
ya; sure

Except, Retail, I think there is a legitimate question as to whether Favre can still play - and it has to do with his injured shoulder. Doctors have determined he's suffered an injury, and whether he could come back and play effectively after such an injury is a legitimate question. He's not a 27 year old QB trying to heal up. It'll be difficult, and who knows if he or anyone can do it and be effective?Thank you, Fritz. This is exactly what I trying to get at and why think the Vikings would be making a mistake bringing in Favre now.

retailguy
02-02-2009, 03:14 PM
Except, Retail, I think there is a legitimate question as to whether Favre can still play - and it has to do with his injured shoulder. Doctors have determined he's suffered an injury, and whether he could come back and play effectively after such an injury is a legitimate question. He's not a 27 year old QB trying to heal up. It'll be difficult, and who knows if he or anyone can do it and be effective?

Fritz - You must have missed this article (basically, surgery gives immediate relief of the pain, but the injury can heal itself, it just takes time):

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3800421&campaign=rss&source=NFLHeadlines

Sources: Favre won't need major surgery
By Ed Werder
ESPN.com

Brett Favre has been told by doctors that pain in his right shoulder is from a torn biceps tendon and some calcification in the area, but the New York Jets quarterback would need nothing more than arthroscopic surgery to repair the injury, sources said.

The sources Tuesday also said the 39-year-old Favre might be able to avoid an arthroscopic procedure altogether if he decides to play a 19th NFL season. While playing with what is described as a partial tear of the biceps tendon, Favre contributed to the late-season Jets collapse with nine interceptions and only two touchdown passes in the final five games.

Favre has been encouraged to take as much time as he needs before determining whether to return to the Jets. According to a source, Favre is expected to deliberate for several weeks, perhaps to allow New York time to hire former coach Eric Mangini's successor. Mangini was fired Monday after three seasons.

Favre had complained about pain and seemed to suffer diminished arm strength late in the season. He indicated he was unwilling to undergo numerous surgeries if they were necessary to keep him playing. The latest medical development -- the tear is located near the acromioclavicular joint, sources said -- suggests Favre can make his decision knowing major surgery is not necessary.

Favre had a similar injury to his left shoulder three years ago while playing for the Packers and avoided surgery. He experienced relief from the pain that time when the tendon finally released and has been told to expect the same this time, according to the source. The purpose of arthroscopic surgery would be to provide relief from pain immediately.

Favre led the league with 22 interceptions, matching his number of touchdown passes. He passed for 3,472 yards, his fewest since 2003. In Favre's last five games, four of them losses, his highest passer rating was 61.4.

Patler
02-02-2009, 05:42 PM
OK so Favre was injured and his performance the last 5 games of 2008 was due to the injury. What's the explanation for the last 5 games of 2007? Or 2006? Or 2005? For the last four years, Favre has tailed off rather significantly the last 5 game. 2008 was by no stretch of the imagination an oddity. The last 5 games of:

2008 - 98/175 1110 yards 2 TDs 9 Ints. 57.56 rating.
2007 - 65/110 799 yards 6 TDs 6 Ints. 77.05 rating.
2006 - 113/210 1251 yards 4 TDs 8 Ints. 62.22 rating.
2005 - 117/206 1167 yards 1 TDs 10 Ints. 54.41 rating.

In total, 20 games, 13 TDs and 33 interceptions when you need him the most to finish out a season. That's why MM and TT didn't mind seeing him retire, and that is also why any team with real playoff hopes should be reluctant to go with Favre. He generally starts the season quite strong, but finishes rather poorly

I think it is clear that Favre does not hold up through a 16 game schedule anymore, and one year very soon it may not be there at the start of a season, or may not be there the entire second half of the season.

Lurker64
02-02-2009, 06:49 PM
I'm curious. If Favre goes to play for the Vikings, the team I detest more than any other, am I allowed to hate Favre for being a Viking without incurring the ire of the Favre aficionados around here?

If Favre becomes a Viking, I don't want to see him do well, I want to see him fail hard. Is that so wrong?

Rastak
02-02-2009, 07:00 PM
I'm curious. If Favre goes to play for the Vikings, the team I detest more than any other, am I allowed to hate Favre for being a Viking without incurring the ire of the Favre aficionados around here?

If Favre becomes a Viking, I don't want to see him do well, I want to see him fail hard. Is that so wrong?

Totally understandable as a Pack fan....although you are hating on a great franchise! :D

I'd sorta cringe everytime he ran out of the tunnel to be honest. Once the game got going I'd likely be cool.

Packers4Ever
02-02-2009, 09:11 PM
I think Favre is going to play for the Vikings next year. Its a LEGIT shot at a superbowl. Unless the Vikings can lure a better QB, they might as well give the old man a shot. The window closes quickly.And the Vikings would be morons for it. He has a bum shoulder and they have other questions marks, mostly the lard ass twins. Childress has enough problems as it is. He doesn't need the circus coming to town.

When hasn't Brett Favre had an injury that he had to coax along, especially the shoulder? He's a war horse!!
I can feel it in my stomach that the Vikes would be quite eager to talk
with Favre, get a feel for his current approach for playing 16 games. Over in Jets Nation there are many who feel he's still their best chance at
winning anything this coming season. Very divided. If Brett wouldn't require any sort of approval from TT, I can see him checking it out. Would it hurt?
Isn't he first ballot HOF? :shock:

Bossman641
02-02-2009, 09:52 PM
OK so Favre was injured and his performance the last 5 games of 2008 was due to the injury. What's the explanation for the last 5 games of 2007? Or 2006? Or 2005? For the last four years, Favre has tailed off rather significantly the last 5 game. 2008 was by no stretch of the imagination an oddity. The last 5 games of:

2008 - 98/175 1110 yards 2 TDs 9 Ints. 57.56 rating.
2007 - 65/110 799 yards 6 TDs 6 Ints. 77.05 rating.
2006 - 113/210 1251 yards 4 TDs 8 Ints. 62.22 rating.
2005 - 117/206 1167 yards 1 TDs 10 Ints. 54.41 rating.

In total, 20 games, 13 TDs and 33 interceptions when you need him the most to finish out a season. That's why MM and TT didn't mind seeing him retire, and that is also why any team with real playoff hopes should be reluctant to go with Favre. He generally starts the season quite strong, but finishes rather poorly

I think it is clear that Favre does not hold up through a 16 game schedule anymore, and one year very soon it may not be there at the start of a season, or may not be there the entire second half of the season.

And this pretty much sums it up. In order to win a SB, you need to be able to count on your best players to play their best at the end of the year. I don't think Brett is capable of that anymore.

And I know there are those who will say, well all Brett would have to do is throw the ball short and then he wouldn't have to force balls deep. Come on, it's Brett Favre. That isn't in his system.

PackerBlues
02-03-2009, 09:50 AM
I think you have to blame the coaching staff and Favre's starting streak as much as anything for his late season drop off.
Any other QB in the league would be benched if he were injured. With Favre, it seems that nobody wants to bench him. Nobody wants to be the guy who goes down in history as the person or persons who benched the QB with the longest starting streak in the history of the NFL.
It seems kind of stupid in so many ways. It would have benefitted the team and Favre if he were to have been benched towards the end of the season to rest his arm, and yet.......... it didnt happen. :roll:

While Favre should take a portion of the blame for this, I myself have to question the intelligence of the people in charge. I'm guessing this may have been part of the reason that Man-genius got fired.

KYPack
02-03-2009, 10:30 AM
Well, now that everyone is over their individual "shit fits"...

This word from the Minny Star Trib

" Favre won’t be traded to the Vikings by the New York Jets because the Jets would then have to give three first-round picks to the Green Bay Packers. That poison pill was inserted last summer when the Jets acquired Favre from Green Bay and applies if Favre is dealt to any team in the NFC North.

But that does not mean the Jets couldn’t release Favre, enabling him to sign with any team he wants. Meanwhile, surprise, surprise, it still remains to be seen what Favre is going to do. King reported today that Favre and Jets General Manager Mike Tannenbaum talked the other day and Tannenbaum said he was in no hurry for Favre to make a decision on his future. According to King, the decision could take “months.”

But Newsday refuted that report, saying the Jets hope to have an indication from Favre by the time the NFL combine begins on Feb. 18. Here is that story.

If the Vikings do have any interest in Favre – and we are saying IF – they likely won’t want Favre taking months to decide. If Favre does try to take as long as possible to make his decision, the Vikings very well will have to look elsewhere if they plan to go outside the organization to address their quarterback situation."

The Jets almost HAVE to release Favre based on their cap situation. Mangini got bagged for Tannenbaum's screw-up, it looks from here.

It will be a trip, I assure you.

Joemailman
02-03-2009, 10:54 AM
So Brett Favre may become a salary cap casualty? God, I hope he retires before that happens. I will say if the Jets are going to release him, they owe it to Favre to do it early so that he may have some options. Really though, I think it's time for Favre to call it a career and accept the adulation he is due from Packer nation.

cpk1994
02-03-2009, 11:53 AM
I think Favre is going to play for the Vikings next year. Its a LEGIT shot at a superbowl. Unless the Vikings can lure a better QB, they might as well give the old man a shot. The window closes quickly.And the Vikings would be morons for it. He has a bum shoulder and they have other questions marks, mostly the lard ass twins. Childress has enough problems as it is. He doesn't need the circus coming to town.

When hasn't Brett Favre had an injury that he had to coax along, especially the shoulder? He's a war horse!!
I can feel it in my stomach that the Vikes would be quite eager to talk
with Favre, get a feel for his current approach for playing 16 games. Over in Jets Nation there are many who feel he's still their best chance at
winning anything this coming season. Very divided. If Brett wouldn't require any sort of approval from TT, I can see him checking it out. Would it hurt?
Isn't he first ballot HOF? :shock:Yes, but he will be 40 years old. His play hasn't held up for a full 16 games now for a few years as Patler noted. That war horse is breaking down. A large risk for the Vikings.

GBRulz
02-03-2009, 12:20 PM
cpk, why are you so concerned with the Vikings well-being? If Favre comes to MN with the circus & all the distractions, wouldn't you be happy? Unless of course, you think he can still play and actually be a threat to GB? It doesn't sound that way, because you say he'll be 40, can't play a whole season, etc.

I guess if I saw McMahon coming back to play for Chicago, I'd be elated! No way in hell I'd say saying "Poor Lovie doesn't need an old QB and all those distractions"

LP
02-03-2009, 12:21 PM
So Brett Favre may become a salary cap casualty? God, I hope he retires before that happens. I will say if the Jets are going to release him, they owe it to Favre to do it early so that he may have some options. Really though, I think it's time for Favre to call it a career and accept the adulation he is due from Packer nation.

That's a two way street isn't it?

Harlan Huckleby
02-03-2009, 12:44 PM
cpk, why are you so concerned with the Vikings well-being? If Favre comes to MN with the circus & all the distractions, wouldn't you be happy? Unless of course, you think he can still play and actually be a threat to GB? It doesn't sound that way, because you say he'll be 40, can't play a whole season, etc.

I guess if I saw McMahon coming back to play for Chicago, I'd be elated! No way in hell I'd say saying "Poor Lovie doesn't need an old QB and all those distractions"

I think the circus is played out. Favre can go play for MN and people aren't going to care that much. I'd like to see him play just to relieve the grinding boredom in my life.

I'm a little confused that so many Favre Fans are hoping for him to retire. Many wished he would have stayed retired last summer.

IF Favre is ready for retirement, didn't Thompson make a wise decision in not taking him back?

mraynrand
02-03-2009, 12:48 PM
If Favre plays for the Vikings next year, I hope he gets the ever lovin' shit kicked out of his 40 year old carcass. once you put on that lousy Viking uniform, the love fest is over. If he's wearing Viking purple, I want Kampman to drive him into that ugly, piece of crap artificial turf, while all those worthless annoying Viking fans look on and cry. Stuff that in your horn and smoke it.

Zool
02-03-2009, 12:50 PM
If Favre plays for the Vikings next year, I hope he gets the ever lovin' shit kicked out of his 40 year old carcass. once you put on that lousy Viking uniform, the love fest is over. If he's wearing Viking purple, I want Kampman to drive him into that ugly, piece of crap artificial turf, while all those worthless annoying Viking fans look on and cry. Stuff that in your horn and smoke it.

If he's a Bear or Viking next season he's dead to me. Any other team I could care less. Let him soak in that limelight while he still can, but if he goes to one of them, I'll boo the shit outa him and hope they go 0-16.

Bossman641
02-03-2009, 12:51 PM

I know I'm speaking for CPK here, but here goes. From a purely football standpoint, I don't give a damn if Favre played for the Vikings. I don't think he would make them SB favorites. I think he is too old and can't get it done for an entire season, as evidenced by how he has finished the past couple seasons. Myself, and many others, don't like the way Favre handled the situation last offseason. We don't need to rehash that. I was all for Favre doing well last season, until about Week 9 when the Favre vs Rodgers comparisons got out of control. I will admit that I got a small amount of satisfaction out of seeing him struggle down the stretch. After all the "see, he's still good and Rodgers sucks" comments from a lot of Packer fans (not necessarily here), I feel that is only human. With all that said, I am still a Favre fan though. I think everything can be forgotten and, if handled properly, he will still have the same legacy in GB. It was bad enough seeing him play for the Jets. It would be 10000 times worse seeing him suit up in purple. That would be a lot harder to forget for me. That is why I don't want to see him on the Vikings.

I ask you the same question though. Why is it so important for you that you DO get to see him play for the Vikings? Would the joy of seeing him play (well, poorly, who knows) for you outweigh whatever disgust you would feel or tiny amount of respect you would lose seeing him play for the Vikings?

Lurker64
02-03-2009, 01:10 PM
The Jets almost HAVE to release Favre based on their cap situation. Mangini got bagged for Tannenbaum's screw-up, it looks from here.

I'm kind of hoping Brett still wants to play, and the Jets still want to keep him because of his marketabliity in this down economy, and they start cutting other people to hang onto Favre. You could easily keep Brett if you cut, say, Thomas Jones and Kris Jenkins... ;)

GBRulz
02-03-2009, 01:11 PM
I ask you the same question though. Why is it so important for you that you DO get to see him play for the Vikings? Would the joy of seeing him play (well, poorly, who knows) for you outweigh whatever disgust you would feel or tiny amount of respect you would lose seeing him play for the Vikings?

No way do I want to see him wearing purple, are you kidding me? I wanted him to stay retired, but then he came back to the Jets and I wished him well. Like you, I was sick of all the Favre vs. Rodgers threads and all the bashing that went along with them. Apparently, it wasn't ok that you supported both. If you supported Brett, then you were an Aaron hater & vice versa.

Like I said, I wanted him to just retire last year and now more than ever, I hope he retires. He had a helluva career and I hate how he is just tarnishing his image by hanging on too long.

BTW, don't even attempt to speak for cpk unless you are going to act like a 6 year old anti-Favre troll. :twisted:

Bossman641
02-03-2009, 01:15 PM

No way do I want to see him wearing purple, are you kidding me? I wanted him to stay retired, but then he came back to the Jets and I wished him well. Like you, I was sick of all the Favre vs. Rodgers threads and all the bashing that went along with them. Apparently, it wasn't ok that you supported both. If you supported Brett, then you were an Aaron hater & vice versa.

Like I said, I wanted him to just retire last year and now more than ever, I hope he retires. He had a helluva career and I hate how he is just tarnishing his image by hanging on too long.

BTW, don't even attempt to speak for cpk unless you are going to act like a 6 year old anti-Favre troll. :twisted:

OK, I should have known better then to think you were one of those "yea I hope Brett goes to the Vikings so he can stick it to TT. TT, MM, and Arod all suck and have ruined this franchise" posters. I think they mostly hang out at Packersnews.

Next time I speak for CPK I'll bash my head into a wall a few times beforehand. :D

Joemailman
02-03-2009, 07:26 PM
For what it's worth, it looks like the Jets OC would like for Favre to return.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d80e8f2b1&template=with-video-with-comments&confirm=true

Rastak
02-03-2009, 07:43 PM

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d80e8f2b1&template=with-video-with-comments&confirm=true

If they can shed 13 mil of salary this month they do own his rights.

KYPack
02-03-2009, 09:42 PM

If they can shed 13 mil of salary this month they do own his rights.

You might see the cuts Lurk suggested.

They almost gotta keep Jones.

Kris ("the almost Beast every six games or so) Jenkins carries a big ticket to the pay window. They signed a lot of guys that could make some cap sense by cutting. Rex Ryan is a stern SOB. He may want to start over. it's real funny how Ryan hasn't said diddly poo about the BF situation.

GrnBay007
02-03-2009, 09:53 PM
Here is one solution:

http://www.nyjetscap.com/salarycapcuts09.html

KYPack
02-03-2009, 10:05 PM
Great stuff, 007.

No wonder they gave you the license to kill!

The more I learn about the Jets cap situation, the happier I am with TT as our GM. Tannenbaum is lucky he didn't go out with Mangini the Boy Genius. I thought Tanny was supposed to be a cap wizard. Some of those contracts are crazy.

I also doubt the Jets can get even half of that cap maneuvering done.

cpk1994
02-04-2009, 06:23 AM

I guess if I saw McMahon coming back to play for Chicago, I'd be elated! No way in hell I'd say saying "Poor Lovie doesn't need an old QB and all those distractions"Its real simple. If the Vikings were to sign Favre, and if the Vikings were then to win regardless of if Favre played well or not,, All the shit about ARod would start up again. I don't wan't to go through that again. Also, excuse me for playing devil's advocate here amongst those that seemingly wnat Favre to go to the Vikings so he can stick it to TT. GB & ARod will never be able to totally move on until Favre retires.

KYPack
02-04-2009, 09:20 AM
Another opinion weighs in,

This from Brian Schottenheimer, Jet's OC last year and this year under Rex Ryan... (from Newsday)

(Quote on)Brian Schottenheimer said yesterday that he would "welcome the opportunity" to coach Brett Favre again but didn't elaborate much more on the issue.

The Jets' offensive coordinator also said he, like just about everyone else, had no idea when the notoriously indecisive quarterback would make up his mind about whether to return.

But Schottenheimer did say something interesting about the acquisition of Favre last August, and the season-long struggles of getting him acclimated to a new offense. The coach acknowledged what most thought: that it was a shock to the system, so to speak, after spending an entire offseason preparing to start Chad Pennington or Kellen Clemens.

"Was it a lot of work? Absolutely," Schottenheimer said in a conference call with Jets beat reporters. "Quite honestly, when Brett got here, it was very simple - we started over. We went back to the early installation and said, 'What are you comfortable with? What do you like?' There was a lot of sharing of ideas. Brett, at no point, did he say, 'I only want to run this, I only want to call that.' It really was give and take."

Glauber's NFL Blog Schottenheimer pointed out that none of those kinds of questions were being asked when the team was 8-3. As for what went wrong, he said turnovers were a big issue (Favre threw nine interceptions in the final five games) but was quick to say, "It would be unfair to put it all on Brett."

He did float the theory - then pulled away from it - that perhaps options were limited with Favre not having the full playbook at his disposal.

"At 8-3, we did find our groove. Unfortunately, our groove dried up a little bit," Schottenheimer said. "Maybe that's because we didn't have as big a package as we would've liked and teams caught on. I really don't think that's what it was. It came down to more us not executing, and not always calling the right play in the right situation."
(Quote off)

So he wanted to say the small playbook affected the playcalling, but then pulled back from that, eh?

When will all this shit end?

2020?

Zool
02-04-2009, 09:46 AM
Unfortunately, our groove dried up a little bit," Schottenheimer said. "Maybe that's because we didn't have as big a package as we would've liked and teams caught on.

I lawled

Fritz
02-04-2009, 01:40 PM
Unfortunately, our groove dried up a little bit," Schottenheimer said. "Maybe that's because we didn't have as big a package as we would've liked and teams caught on.

I lawled

I thought the rumor was that Favre had a huge Package?? Ladies?

packinpatland
02-04-2009, 02:51 PM

I lawled

:laugh: I thought the rumor was that Favre had a huge Package?? Ladies? :lol:

Pugger
02-04-2009, 03:00 PM

I lawled

:laugh: I thought the rumor was that Favre had a huge Package?? Ladies? :lol:

:lol: I really couldn't say!!! 8-)

But lord, I wish the guy would just retire already!!! :doh: I'm getting absolutely sick of all of this, really. If Favre is cut by NJ and goes to the queens that's it for me. He'll be right up there on my shit list with Shortwell and Sharpier. :evil:

Bretsky
02-04-2009, 05:25 PM
Why blame Longwell ? He was one of the best kickers in Packer history.
TT lowballed Sharper to redo his deal; hard for me to blame him either

I'd rather not see Favre play in purple but I would not be ticked if he did either

Partial
02-04-2009, 05:27 PM
Why would you be mad at him for playing for the Vikings? The Packers threw him away.. not the other way around. In my opinion, he is fair game to play for anyone, and to blame him for taking the opportunity to start on a good team is ludicrous.

Bossman641
02-04-2009, 05:49 PM
Why would you be mad at him for playing for the Vikings? The Packers threw him away.. not the other way around. In my opinion, he is fair game to play for anyone, and to blame him for taking the opportunity to start on a good team is ludicrous.

Without starting this all up again, the Packers didn't "throw" Favre away. He did as much (or more) distancing from the organization as the organization did from him.

PaCkFan_n_MD
02-04-2009, 05:51 PM
Brett should just retire anyways. The doesn't commit to anything until training camp and him switching systems every year is not going to do him any good. Plus he's lost some in the past year and a half.

And if he keeps playing all these years why couldn't he just tell the packers he wants to keep playing. The more years he hangs on the more respect I will lose for him. I was on his side at first, but he's becoming Jerry Rice really fast.

Lurker64
02-04-2009, 05:51 PM

I'm still going to loathe anybody who puts on a purple uniform, no matter who he is or why he's wearing it.

PaCkFan_n_MD
02-04-2009, 05:53 PM

I'm still going to loathe anybody who puts on a purple uniform, no matter who he is or why he's wearing it.

As would I. Playing for the Vikings would get under my skin. He needs to call it a career.

Partial
02-04-2009, 05:57 PM

Without starting this all up again, the Packers didn't "throw" Favre away. He did as much (or more) distancing from the organization as the organization did from him.

In the end (the only thing that matters is the result), the Packers decided they did not want Favre. Instead of opting to keep him as their quarterback, they unloaded him.

That is an undeniable fact.

If another team throws him away, he has the right to sign with whomever. I'm not going to "loathe" a man for who he chooses to play for.. Thats a little bit pathetic. I will not root for him, however, but that is quite a different thing than loathing someone.

Bossman641
02-04-2009, 06:07 PM

In the end (the only thing that matters is the result), the Packers decided they did not want Favre. Instead of opting to keep him as their quarterback, they unloaded him.

That is an undeniable fact.

If another team throws him away, he has the right to sign with whomever. I'm not going to "loathe" a man for who he chooses to play for.. Thats a little bit pathetic. I will not root for him, however, but that is quite a different thing than loathing someone.

There's a lot more that matters the just the result, such as how we arrived at that result.

I'm not sure I would "loathe" him, but I would definitely lose a lot of respect for him and I would hope to see him fail just as much as I do any other Viking QB.

Partial
02-04-2009, 06:18 PM
Why would you lose respect for him? That doesn't even make sense. As a Packer fan, you shouldn't care what they do. He shouldn't be any different to you than Longwell, or even Kevin Williams.

I'm sure there isn't anything personal. I'd want to play on the best team in a weak division as well. The Vikes are a QB away from being very, very good imo.

Merlin
02-04-2009, 08:42 PM
I didn't have a problem in my youth rooting for the Fran Tarkenton led Vikings, because he was enjoyable to watch. Favre is enjoyable to watch and if he ends up in Minnesota, I can promise you that for the first time, probably since Tarkenton, the Vikings will "really" sell out every game at home. None of this last second bailout by some company to prevent a blackout. That's why the Jets don't want to see him go, he is a money machine whether you like Favre or not and let's face it, that is ultimately all that matters in the NFL.

packinpatland
02-04-2009, 09:36 PM
I didn't have a problem in my youth rooting for the Fran Tarkenton led Vikings, because he was enjoyable to watch. Favre is enjoyable to watch and if he ends up in Minnesota, I can promise you that for the first time, probably since Tarkenton, the Vikings will "really" sell out every game at home. None of this last second bailout by some company to prevent a blackout. That's why the Jets don't want to see him go, he is a money machine whether you like Favre or not and let's face it, that is ultimately all that matters in the NFL.

This could possibly be taken as to mean 'Favre sells'...........I have many fond memories of the 'discussions' Tyrone and I have had regarding this............ :lol:

mraynrand
02-05-2009, 08:19 AM

This could possibly be taken as to mean 'Favre sells'...........I have many fond memories of the 'discussions' Tyrone and I have had regarding this............ :lol:

Whichever side of the argument he defended, he was right.

Zool
02-05-2009, 09:05 AM
FYI every Viking fan I've ever met hates Favre genuinely. Football players always use war analogies when talking about a game, so Favre in a Viking uniform would be helping the enemy on the battlefield thus making him inexcusably traitorous.

Harlan Huckleby
02-05-2009, 09:59 AM
FYI every Viking fan I've ever met hates Favre genuinely. Football players always use war analogies when talking about a game, so Favre in a Viking uniform would be helping the enemy on the battlefield thus making him inexcusably traitorous.

I don't think Chicago fans give a damn anymore that Jim McMahon played a year with the PAckers. At least he still gets cheers at Soldier Field. And the Packer-Bear rivarlry in McMahon's era was red hot.

I hope the Vikings pick up Favre, and it won't matter a hill of beans in the long run.

But I suppose I am biased. The Favre Fans seem so frantic in their desire for him to retire, that I figure there is bound to be some good fun it if he plays. :P

KYPack
02-06-2009, 05:49 AM

I don't think Chicago fans give a damn anymore that Jim McMahon played a year with the PAckers. At least he still gets cheers at Soldier Field. And the Packer-Bear rivarlry in McMahon's era was red hot.

I hope the Vikings pick up Favre, and it won't matter a hill of beans in the long run.

But I suppose I am biased. The Favre Fans seem so frantic in their desire for him to retire, that I figure there is bound to be some good fun it if he plays. :P

Plus Harlan would then toddle on down to the HHBaggy Dome and see BF play in his last games, eh?

Rastak
02-06-2009, 05:53 AM

Plus Harlan would then toddle on down to the HHBaggy Dome and see BF play in his last games, eh?

That gives me the willies.....

Harlan Huckleby
02-06-2009, 09:30 AM
come on, it would be fun to watch Favre play for Vikes, unless he is really beat up and ineffective now, which is a possibility.

who could get mad at him? it wouldn't be controversial, just interesting to see how he does.

cpk1994
02-06-2009, 10:22 AM
come on, it would be fun to watch Favre play for Vikes, unless he is really beat up and ineffective now, which is a possibility.

who could get mad at him? it wouldn't be controversial, just interesting to see how he does.You don't know ESPN very well, do you? :lol:

KYPack
02-14-2009, 10:07 AM
Justification for a bumperooski?

I think so.

In what now is an NFL channel tradition, every time Brett retires, they run a Favre marathon.

All Brett, all day.

Right now, it's Brett vs the Bengals in '92.
Then Cowboys '95 championship
Patriots Super Bowl
The Oakland game after Big Irv died.
3-4 Jet games

Hopefully, they won't have to do this for the next 20 years.

PaCkFan_n_MD
02-14-2009, 10:48 AM
Favre was the type of player that even if the team sucked he would still get you excited for the game. That is by far what I will miss (and have missed) most about him not being here anymore. It was no single game that I loved more than any other because watching Favre play was more than stats or even wins for me especially since I grew up as a kid watching him.

But am glad he's gone because the this past year I have not seen the same Favre.

packinpatland
02-14-2009, 11:29 AM
In the offseason........all I can say is, lucky us!

Harlan Huckleby
02-14-2009, 11:32 AM
But am glad he's gone because the this past year I have not seen the same Favre.

He made the pro-bowl by playing well for the first 2/3 of the season.

He is too old for the long season, true. But I won't be shocked to see him come back.

Fosco33
02-14-2009, 12:50 PM
So NFL Network is reairing tons of old Packer games today - Favre's first win, '95 NFC championship, Oakland MNF, Superbowl victory.

As I rewatch the '95 NFCC vs. Dallas (now almost doubled my age) - it's apparent Favre should have played in a few more Superbowls (first play of the game was a close incomplete pass returned by the pack for a TD, then we block a punt and toss a TD only to have it called back for delay of game... a huge no call on a pick that let Deon take the ball within red zone --- all in the first half of the first Q. Then Favre throws an INT inside our 10 to Leon Lett... only to come back and complete his first pass for a 73y TD strike to Brooks.). That was the 1st Quarter. Favre was wild - tons of overthrows, Reggie was a beast and the Cowboys were flashy coke fiends (and dirty hits - Jurkovic would've whooped Eric Williams in a street brawl). Then Favre hits Jackson and takes the lead early in 2nd Q - despite 2 terrible calls, a stupid penalty that cost them 4 points and a Favre INT that cost them 7 more. Really - should've been 21 to 7 (or 21-3) at that point!

Imagine if the Pack was able to play the Steelers (95/96), then win the Superbowl vs. the Pats, went to another (Denver loss) and could have went to one more (Giants NFCC) possibly three (SF divisional game with the no call fumble, 4th & 22).

So many close games/losses.
Glad Favre got his ring - but man - he could've had a few more without stretching much...

PaCkFan_n_MD
02-14-2009, 12:51 PM

He made the pro-bowl by playing well for the first 2/3 of the season.

He is too old for the long season, true. But I won't be shocked to see him come back.

Talking more about the hate he portrayed this last year. That is not the Favre that I loved supporting all these years and I do not want to go though another year of that. I want all my memories of Favre when I get older to be good. It is time for him to call it a career.

KYPack
02-15-2009, 09:30 AM
This is a good article on Favre.

I've heard enough on Andrew Brandt to consider him a mixed bag. A good guy, it seems, but a definite practitioner of the "Tennessee handshake"

This shows 'ol Andy's warm side. It jibes with my impression of BF.

Check it out http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/2009/02/brett-behind-the-facemask/

GrnBay007
02-15-2009, 09:57 AM
Nice article KYPack, thanks for posting it.

Bretsky
02-15-2009, 11:03 AM
Great Article; those who have turned on him should read about the person

GrnBay007
02-15-2009, 11:19 AM
Great Article; those who have turned on him should read about the person

Yep!!

Amazingly enough, those that really KNEW him didn't call him a POS (ck!)

Harlan Huckleby
02-15-2009, 11:36 AM
In his recent news conference, BF came across as a very likeable and straight-forward person.

But then we also hear in that conference (between the lines) that he is holding a grudge against Ted Thompson for ridiculous reasons. Prima Donna stuff.

There is good and bad in him. I don't think the people who have "turned against him" deny the likeable and admirable parts. I'd say it is more accurate to say that his extreme fans ignore his Prima Donna side.

pbmax
02-15-2009, 12:05 PM

I've heard enough on Andrew Brandt to consider him a mixed bag. A good guy, it seems, but a definite practitioner of the "Tennessee handshake"

Check it out http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/2009/02/brett-behind-the-facemask/
OK, I gotta know. What is "Tennessee Handshake"?

Is that when you are greeting with one hand and removing money from the billfold with the other? :lol:

KYPack
02-15-2009, 12:16 PM

OK, I gotta know. What is "Tennessee Handshake"?

Is that when you are greeting with one hand and removing money from the billfold with the other? :lol:

Oh yeah.

Lotta Wisconsin people on here.

Guess you could call it the "Illinois handshake".

The Tennessee Handshake is when you shake the guy's hand with your right hand and slip a knife in his back with your left.

Think Bobby Petrino, Nick Saban.

pbmax
02-15-2009, 12:30 PM
How does everyone else feel about this quote:

I remember how concerned he was about Deanna, his wife. She is a truly special person. Brett really outkicked his coverage with her.?

Because getting pregnant in HS or College with the QB's child (and then sticking it out even though he didn't marry her) always left me with the impression that Deanna won the lottery on that day. So when I read Brandt's line it was the exact opposite of my impression.

Now I do not mean to disparage Mrs. Favre, and one decision/mistake/accident does not define the totality of a person. And I know only some of the public information about their relationship. She may well be best human being Favre knows. But I am not sure the millionaire 100 times over has outkicked anything here.

Bretsky
02-15-2009, 01:37 PM

I remember how concerned he was about Deanna, his wife. She is a truly special person. Brett really outkicked his coverage with her.?

Because getting pregnant in HS or College with the QB's child (and then sticking it out even though he didn't marry her) always left me with the impression that Deanna won the lottery on that day. So when I read Brandt's line it was the exact opposite of my impression.

Now I do not mean to disparage Mrs. Favre, and one decision/mistake/accident does not define the totality of a person. And I know only some of the public information about their relationship. She may well be best human being Favre knows. But I am not sure the millionaire 100 times over has outkicked anything here.

You should read her book; great gift for a chick too. Fast reading. You'd come to appreciate the great person she is

Pugger
02-15-2009, 02:08 PM
I just pray BF stays retired time and doesn't pull any shennanigans about getting the itch this spring! I find the entire senario of him in purple absolutely revolting. :evil:

packinpatland
02-15-2009, 04:55 PM

You should read her book; great gift for a chick too. Fast reading. You'd come to appreciate the great person she is

I agree 100%. She has a way of presenting her husband in a very sub-hero way.......like he's a real guy.

GrnBay007
02-18-2009, 09:12 PM
Makes a person wonder why this thread was started. Brett Favre winning with the Jets and a large portion of the forum didn't want to hear anything about Brett Favre........"this is a Packer forum....keep the BF talk in one thread". How things have changed. Now he retires and some want to get in their last few jabs.......8 threads on the 1st page of the Packer forum. Hypocritical and sad some of you.

Tyrone Bigguns
02-18-2009, 09:14 PM
I honestly dont' know how you type so fast with one hand on the keyboard and the other frigging yourself to pics of Brett.

GrnBay007
02-18-2009, 09:21 PM
I honestly dont' know how you type so fast with one hand on the keyboard and the other frigging yourself to pics of Brett.

You are a DICK!

Tyrone Bigguns
02-18-2009, 09:25 PM

You are a DICK!

99% of body weight.

Bretsky
02-18-2009, 09:27 PM

You are a DICK!

99% of body weight.

That put me into a laughter; it makes me want to get a chick to call me that

But in real life they dig my charm and since I'm one of many ugly nice guys they feel safe and think I'm a pretty good guy.

packinpatland
02-18-2009, 10:26 PM

You are a DICK!

99% of body weight.

:oops: :lol: :oops: ............that was good :oops: :lol: :oops:

woodbuck27
02-19-2009, 12:24 PM

THANKS KY. :D

Just sent that article to friends that are Packer fans in the Maritimes. I'm there on vacation at this moment. Snowing hard in Saint John, New Brunswick today.

GO PACK GO !

mraynrand
02-19-2009, 01:13 PM
I posted this in the other tread, but I thought it belonged in here, with an addendum:

"Funny thing, legacy. Did anyone notice that when Roethlisberger had that remarkable scramble in the superbowl, that Madden and Michaels compared him to - Tarkenton - and (I can't remember who else). I looked at the play and was thinking - that's a Favre play if I ever saw one. Not a word about Favre. Also, every time an up and coming QB is compared to one of the greats, Marino, Brady, Manning, Montana are mentioned - maybe even Unitis or one of the older greats - but almost never Favre. Favre is just not considered a great QB. It's a little strange, but when they talk of Favre, it's always the INTs, the 'chuck one up' mentality, and the playoff failures (whether he deserves the blame or not). It may be startling to some (myself included), but Favre's enduring legacy looks to be one of failure.

To conclude, I almost never hear anyone with real football knowledge say that Favre is in the top 5 QBs all-time. Once people start talking, he slips quickly below 5. People like Marino, Montana, Brady, Manning, Elway, automatically are put ahead and some will slip in Unitas and others - even Steve Young or Otto Graham (one of my favorites) before they include Favre.

I suspect that Favre will sink over the years into quasi-greatness - somewhere around ten due to the gunslinger 'chuck one up' label, the lack of championships, and the general consensus (right or wrong) that Favre was the reason the Packers failed to get another Superbowl (1997) or two (2007) or three (2003) while he was the QB.

Bossman641
02-19-2009, 01:45 PM

THANKS KY. :D

Just sent that article to friends that are Packer fans in the Maritimes. I'm there on vacation at this moment. Snowing hard in Saint John, New Brunswick today.

GO PACK GO !

Woodbuck!

Where you been hiding??

KYPack
02-19-2009, 04:47 PM
C'mon out an play, Woodbuck.

The boys are sick of beating up Partial.

Besides, he seems to like it.

We want our favorite Newfie to kick around for awhile, 'til the draft.

C'mon man, do it for OUR TEAM!

Tyrone Bigguns
02-19-2009, 05:01 PM

You are a DICK!

99% of body weight.

It is a classic response that is tried and true, leaves the name caller befuddled and sputtering for a response.

Joemailman
02-19-2009, 05:04 PM
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y300/kerayzee/2Barney-Group2.jpg

Harlan Huckleby
02-19-2009, 06:51 PM
I really thought the Farve-Thompson dispute was over.

But it seems the Hatfields still feel that the McCoys done 'um wrong, and they are lobbing rocks over the property line.

packinpatland
02-19-2009, 08:20 PM
I posted this in the other tread, but I thought it belonged in here, with an addendum:

"Funny thing, legacy. Did anyone notice that when Roethlisberger had that remarkable scramble in the superbowl, that Madden and Michaels compared him to - Tarkenton - and (I can't remember who else). I looked at the play and was thinking - that's a Favre play if I ever saw one. Not a word about Favre. Also, every time an up and coming QB is compared to one of the greats, Marino, Brady, Manning, Montana are mentioned - maybe even Unitis or one of the older greats - but almost never Favre. Favre is just not considered a great QB. It's a little strange, but when they talk of Favre, it's always the INTs, the 'chuck one up' mentality, and the playoff failures (whether he deserves the blame or not). It may be startling to some (myself included), but Favre's enduring legacy looks to be one of failure.

To conclude, I almost never hear anyone with real football knowledge say that Favre is in the top 5 QBs all-time. Once people start talking, he slips quickly below 5. People like Marino, Montana, Brady, Manning, Elway, automatically are put ahead and some will slip in Unitas and others - even Steve Young or Otto Graham (one of my favorites) before they include Favre.

I suspect that Favre will sink over the years into quasi-greatness - somewhere around ten due to the gunslinger 'chuck one up' label, the lack of championships, and the general consensus (right or wrong) that Favre was the reason the Packers failed to get another Superbowl (1997) or two (2007) or three (2003) while he was the QB.

I think next year they will be doing the Favre comparison........this year it was not a 'comfortable' thing to do.

mraynrand
02-19-2009, 08:28 PM

You are a DICK!

99% of body weight.

It is a classic response that is tried and true, leaves the name caller befuddled and sputtering for a response.

Ty Bigguns Immortalized
http://www.luc.edu/faculty/jlong1/Priapus.jpg

Joemailman
02-19-2009, 08:37 PM
If you wanted to get this thread banished to the GC, why did you wait until there are 118 pages?

mraynrand
02-19-2009, 08:46 PM
If you wanted to get this thread banished to the GC, why did you wait until there are 118 pages?

Why should it get banished for a statuette of Priapus - taken from a university faculty page. Someone is way too sensitive.

Joemailman
02-19-2009, 08:57 PM
I predict someone may be. Not me, but someone.

cpk1994
02-20-2009, 04:18 AM
I really thought the Favre-Thompson dispute was over.

But it seems the Hatfields still feel that the McCoys done 'um wrong, and they are lobbing rocks over the property line.Well, as long as their leader keeps adding fuel to the fire, it won't stop.

MOBB DEEP
05-06-2009, 04:29 PM

not over till the FAT mcarthy sings...

OVECHKIN RULES....!!!!

cpk1994
05-06-2009, 04:31 PM

OVECHKIN RULES....!!!!YOu already had 4 Favre threads to choose from. Do you always have to be an ass?

Gunakor
05-06-2009, 04:33 PM
Thanks Mobb...

Why don't you go bump all of the other Favre threads from last year too while you're at it. I don't think there's enough on the front page yet. Good grief man.

mraynrand
05-06-2009, 04:45 PM
Thanks Mobb...

Why don't you go bump all of the other Favre threads from last year too while you're at it. I don't think there's enough on the front page yet. Good grief man.

http://www.foodkake.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/08/n674280427_1759547_3617.jpg

MOBB DEEP
05-06-2009, 11:40 PM

OVECHKIN RULES....!!!!YOu already had 4 Favre threads to choose from. Do you always have to be an ass?

one love

MOBB DEEP
05-06-2009, 11:40 PM
Thanks Mobb...

http://www.foodkake.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/08/n674280427_1759547_3617.jpg

thats hilarious

MOBB DEEP
08-18-2009, 03:13 PM
lets keep all the peaceful talk in here like last season :roll:

GBRulz
08-18-2009, 03:39 PM
Is Lord Favre not worthy of a new thread where you feel you have to recycle the one from last year? I'm shocked, Mobb.

KYPack
08-18-2009, 03:42 PM
Is Lord Favre not worthy of a new thread where you feel you have to recycle the one from last year? I'm shocked, Mobb.

Mobb, I'm fairly certain you are wearing a condom right now.

mraynrand
08-18-2009, 03:52 PM
http://s453.photobucket.com/albums/qq254/mraynrand/?action=view&current=favreslastGBtoss.flv

Chevelle2
08-18-2009, 05:20 PM
Just got a text from espn

09: 12 mill
10: 13 mil

are you
fucking
kidding
me

Chevelle2
08-18-2009, 06:27 PM
Favre didn't even look excited to be there in the press conference.

Scott Campbell
08-18-2009, 06:29 PM

Would you be if everyone in the country knew that you were a lying douchebag?

Chevelle2
08-18-2009, 06:30 PM

Would you be if everyone in the country knew that you were a lying douchebag?

:lol:

I lol'ed for real HAHAHAHHAH

GrnBay007
08-18-2009, 06:30 PM

More so then when he signed with the Jets, that's for sure!

Chevelle2
08-18-2009, 06:33 PM

Just marginally.

I hope you are here week 8 when this guy is the laughing stock of the NFL. That is if he isn't in the hospital by then. You can bet based on the comments of the Packers defense, they are head hunting.

GrnBay007
08-18-2009, 06:37 PM

Just marginally.

I hope you are here week 8 when this guy is the laughing stock of the NFL. That is if he isn't in the hospital by then. You can bet based on the comments of the Packers defense, they are head hunting.

LOL you hope I'm here?? Why wouldn't I be?

Sorry, but he will never be the "laughing stock" of the NFL.

Scott Campbell
08-18-2009, 06:40 PM

Just marginally.

:shock:

Conan, Jay and Jimmie will probably skewer him again tonight. He's the NFL version of Brittany Spears.

GrnBay007
08-18-2009, 06:42 PM
Conan, Jay and Jimmie will probably skewer him again tonight. He's the NFL version of Brittany Spears.

And when did sports figures/fans care what these people say, really???

Chevelle2
08-18-2009, 06:45 PM

Dont kid yourself. He doesn't care what you, the fan, thinks either. He said it himself.

Rastak
08-18-2009, 06:46 PM

Dont kid yourself. He doesn't care what you, the fan, thinks either. He said it himself.

Don't kid yourself....NOT one of them does.....this is a friggen job. A Job.

Scott Campbell
08-18-2009, 06:49 PM

Whether he cares or not is not Germaine to the discussion of whether or not he's the laughing stock of the NFL.

Bretsky
08-18-2009, 06:49 PM
Why should a player get emotional over the fans views
And why should fans get emotional over player movement ?
It's a game

Today is a great day for the NFL

Scott Campbell
08-18-2009, 06:50 PM

True enough. But many don't go so far out of their way to destroy the relationship they had with an organization and the community.

Rastak
08-18-2009, 06:53 PM

True enough. But many don't go so far out of their way to destroy the relationship they had with an organization and the community.

Go out of their way in a sense of signing with a team offering a job? Did I miss the repeated press conferences where he ripped the Packers over and over. He hasn't said a single negative thing about them.

He hardly went out of his way.

Scott Campbell
08-18-2009, 06:54 PM

Go out of their way in a sense of signing with a team offering a job? Did I miss the repeated press conferences where he ripped the Packers over and over. He hasn't said a single negative thing about them.

He hardly went out of his way.

He's said plenty. Ask Matt Millen.

SkinBasket
08-18-2009, 08:26 PM
People are still excited about a guy willing to lie on national television about his football ability to avoid staying in a dorm during training camp? Favre used to be a warrior. Someone willing to kill his own body rather than not play a snap. Now he'll lie to not attend training camp for a few days. Deanna must be proud.

The Shadow
08-18-2009, 09:08 PM

Just marginally.

Too late. He is (again).

pbmax
08-18-2009, 09:22 PM

Not true for everyone. Peyton Manning makes a mint by maintaining a certain public image. Sapp was the same way, only he did not mind being the bad guy. Cris Carter, Steve Young, Mike Golic, TV guys and all the players doing endorsements do not fit your categorization.

Favre was not at Manning's level in terms of endorsements/face time, but its a factor in his future income. Most players don't think about it as it does not impact them financially. For those who can command a payday outside of the game, its matters quite a bit.

GrnBay007
08-18-2009, 09:33 PM

Now please!! This is just silly. You are saying he went out of his way solely for the purpose of destroying his relationship with the GB Packers and with the community??? You can't truly believe that.

Yes, BF did retire...waffled on the retirement deal for several years. But when it came down to the final call, the Packers did not want him back. How can you be pissed at an NFL player that wants to continue to play? It's like you are saying you are just pissed he didn't end his career with the Packers. And in the end he didn't have the final say in that, remember?

Chevelle2
08-18-2009, 09:44 PM

Now please!! This is just silly. You are saying he went out of his way solely for the purpose of destroying his relationship with the GB Packers and with the community??? You can't truly believe that.

Yes, BF did retire...waffled on the retirement deal for several years. But when it came down to the final call, the Packers did not want him back. How can you be pissed at an NFL player that wants to continue to play? It's like you are saying you are just pissed he didn't end his career with the Packers. And in the end he didn't have the final say in that, remember?

You are dealing with 2 different things here. The 2nd paragraph is ok, he can play, sure.

The 1st paragraph? Dude said so himself last summer he wanted to stick it to TT.

Fritz
08-18-2009, 10:13 PM

Whether he cares or not is not Germaine to the discussion of whether or not he's the laughing stock of the NFL.

Anybody know where that term comes from? "Laughing stock"?

b bulldog
08-18-2009, 10:20 PM
Actually, the way I remember, was Brett pulling the ultimate act of selfishness by flying to GB so he could get the media on his side along with the fans and force TT's hand. He than was told he would have to beat out Rodgers to be the starter and he thought he was above that so he left GB pissed off. The guy is probably one of the most selfish players to have ever played in the NFL, anyone doubt the reports that he did try to help the Lions in giving them info when they played the Packers??

Bretsky
08-18-2009, 10:42 PM
Actually, the way I remember, was Brett pulling the ultimate act of selfishness by flying to GB so he could get the media on his side along with the fans and force TT's hand. He than was told he would have to beat out Rodgers to be the starter and he thought he was above that so he left GB pissed off. The guy is probably one of the most selfish players to have ever played in the NFL, anyone doubt the reports that he did try to help the Lions in giving them info when they played the Packers??

It's funny how people remember the scenario in different manners and have heard different takes about what really occured. That is your take. Three other people may spin the details in different ways and all have differing views on how it really went down

MOBB DEEP
08-19-2009, 09:07 PM
all the vikings offensive players interviewed said favre was sharp today and that he provides a quiet confidence for the team in general

jared allen is straight slurpn him

Bossman641
08-19-2009, 10:23 PM
all the vikings offensive players interviewed said favre was sharp today and that he provides a quiet confidence for the team in general

More than you?

Partial
08-19-2009, 10:26 PM
My god, everyone needs to forget about Brett Favre after 2007 and let this go. He was a great Packer and great for Wisconsin. He's doing soemthing else now and its cool.

Bossman641
08-19-2009, 10:41 PM
My god, everyone needs to forget about Brett Favre after 2007 and let this go. He was a great Packer and great for Wisconsin. He's doing soemthing else now and its cool.

Now

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_XfqAGqXKAdE/Si2SYl8XJxI/AAAAAAAAAH4/WZSfBm_ewDw/s320/FavreViking.jpg

Chevelle2
08-20-2009, 12:59 AM
We better get him good in Week 4.....Im not sure he will even make it Green Bay.

http://img256.imageshack.us/img256/9497/picture3zrp.png

mraynrand
08-20-2009, 01:18 AM

Disagree. Not cool. Never liked any Viking. Never will. Screw Favre.

th87
08-20-2009, 03:03 AM

I express similar disbelief at what you apparently believe.

The Packers did not want to undo all the progress of the spring to sneak Favre in at the last minute. If someone misses the bus by hours, it's not coming back to pick them up. It's infeasible.

But instead of understanding this predicament, Favre orchestrated a hissy fit and made very public efforts to undermine the Packers. And despite knowing that trades within the division never occur, he initially insisted on that very thing. And he admitted that he was doing this to spite Thompson, and by extension, the Packers. And by extension, Packers fans.

Then he manipulated his way out of NY. Release him "just in case." But he's not going to play - he's retired.

Favre has lied to us over and over and over and over. And then weaseled his way onto our main rival out of spite. How has that not destroyed his relationship with us?

packerbacker1234
08-20-2009, 05:34 AM

I express similar disbelief at what you apparently believe.

The Packers did not want to undo all the progress of the spring to sneak Favre in at the last minute. If someone misses the bus by hours, it's not coming back to pick them up. It's infeasible.

But instead of understanding this predicament, Favre orchestrated a hissy fit and made very public efforts to undermine the Packers. And despite knowing that trades within the division never occur, he initially insisted on that very thing. And he admitted that he was doing this to spite Thompson, and by extension, the Packers. And by extension, Packers fans.

Then he manipulated his way out of NY. Release him "just in case." But he's not going to play - he's retired.

Favre has lied to us over and over and over and over. And then weaseled his way onto our main rival out of spite. How has that not destroyed his relationship with us?

1. It was pretty apparent for at least 3 seasons TT did not want favre as a packer anymore. So he may have missed the bus: But your not undoing anything. It's the same offense with the same players, Favre didn't miss a thing that season. The packers merely said it;s AR time and they wanted to move on. I don't recall trade demands, especially to the vikings, until the "buyout" offer was made. Get payed a lot of money by GB to do whatever, but in return stay retired. That was a bigger slap in the face then a retired player deciding he made a mistake.

It is hard to call it quits, and Favre felt he made a mistake retiring. In this sport, that happens, and can be undone. The packers just did not want any of it.

Lied. Lied about what? When he first retired, I am sure he meant it at the time. He was coming off a playoff pick that ended a fabulous season and a possible SB, and the packers wanted to know pre draft. So, pre draft, he was so emotionally drained from that loss what else could he be thinking? He even admitted he could play, but mentally he just wasn't there. Well, I don't blame him, and I doubt he lied at that time.

He simply changed his mind. A lot of former NFL players warned of it before it happened, because he is not the only one to do this.

What he did last year to get out of the jets... sure it was sort of a cop out, but the jets are the ones that just "let him go". That is their fault, and their loss, not Favre's. Favre fits with the vikings for many reasons, the most important one doesn't even pertain to playing against packers: The playbook. He even said it himself, first practice he was out with the first team calling plays and had no issues there.

Minnesota's playbook is very similar to what Brett knows. Minnesota has a probowl running back, a decent OL, average WR's, and a decent defense with a team that has the same playbook he got use to for 16 seasons. If he was going to play, Minnesota really was the best fit for him.

Patler
08-20-2009, 07:30 AM
1. It was pretty apparent for at least 3 seasons TT did not want favre as a packer anymore. So he may have missed the bus: But your not undoing anything. It's the same offense with the same players, Favre didn't miss a thing that season. The packers merely said it;s AR time and they wanted to move on. I don't recall trade demands, especially to the vikings, until the "buyout" offer was made. Get payed a lot of money by GB to do whatever, but in return stay retired. That was a bigger slap in the face then a retired player deciding he made a mistake.

Apparent for three seasons that TT didn't want Favre? Based on what, exactly?
They were ready to welcome him back as the starter when he first wanted to unretire.
They were ready to bring him back in August, but in a competitive situation.
He didn't demand a trade when he first talked about returning, he demanded an outright release.

It is hard to call it quits, and Favre felt he made a mistake retiring. In this sport, that happens, and can be undone. The packers just did not want any of it.

A month after retiring, the Packers were ready to bring him back as the starter; but he changed his mind yet again. They were willing to bring him back in August, to compete with Rodgers. This is sports. Competing for a position is what it is all about.. Favre is the one who would have nothing of it.

Lied. Lied about what? When he first retired, I am sure he meant it at the time. He was coming off a playoff pick that ended a fabulous season and a possible SB, and the packers wanted to know pre draft. So, pre draft, he was so emotionally drained from that loss what else could he be thinking? He even admitted he could play, but mentally he just wasn't there. Well, I don't blame him, and I doubt he lied at that time.

He simply changed his mind. A lot of former NFL players warned of it before it happened, because he is not the only one to do this.

No the Packers did not want to know predraft. Favre admitted that when he told them he wanted to retire they asked if he was sure, and told him he could take as much time as he wanted.

I am of the opinion that from his first announcement with the Packers, his entire goal was to get out of Green Bay. I am of the opinion that it was his goal to get out of Green Bay for several years. It is my opinion that he tried to do with GB exactly what he did with the Jets, put them in a position in which they would have to release him so he could go wherever he wanted to. But that is a another topic, and I won't go into the details here.

What he did last year to get out of the jets... sure it was sort of a cop out, but the jets are the ones that just "let him go". That is their fault, and their loss, not Favre's. Favre fits with the vikings for many reasons, the most important one doesn't even pertain to playing against packers: The playbook. He even said it himself, first practice he was out with the first team calling plays and had no issues there.

Minnesota's playbook is very similar to what Brett knows. Minnesota has a probowl running back, a decent OL, average WR's, and a decent defense with a team that has the same playbook he got use to for 16 seasons. If he was going to play, Minnesota really was the best fit for him

No, the Jets didn't just "let him go". They relied on what he told them, made plans to go on without him, and unlike the Packers the year before the Jets didn't have the cap space if he wanted to come back. They knew what was up when he asked for his release instead of being content on the retired list, and rather than get involved in the Favre off season circus they released him early when he asked for it.

Favre shafted the Jets big time, in my opinion.

MOBB DEEP
08-20-2009, 08:50 AM

More than you?

he he...i lobbed that 1 to u huh?

LMAO at tarkenton's angst and rants

can we say bitter....

KYPack
08-20-2009, 09:00 AM
No, the Jets didn't just "let him go". They relied on what he told them, made plans to go on without him, and unlike the Packers the year before the Jets didn't have the cap space if he wanted to come back. They knew what was up when he asked for his release instead of being content on the retired list, and rather than get involved in the Favre off season circus they released him early when he asked for it.

Favre shafted the Jets big time, in my opinion.

I'm down with 90% of your post. I do think that when Brett retired (1st one, now) he truly was scewed up in the head and didn't know what he was really doing. I felt his strategy (if you can call it that) was to get out of OTA's, post season training, and camp. Then he wanted to blow into GB and start playing.

When it didn't work, he made it all up as it came along.

The part I quoted is a big one. No one has got on Brett's ass about :

1. Playing last season when he should have shut it down and given the Jets a shot at making the play-offs.
2. Ruining the end of the Jets season and getting the coach canned.

To me it's one of the sorriest episodes in year. Basically the Jets are such a sorry organization, they are used to having a quick fix fail and blow up in their faces. They just move on to a new coach and new QB and don't really give a shit

Fritz
08-20-2009, 04:47 PM
You know, KY, that's a good point. If he really was as hurt and damaged as he claimed later, was he really their best option to win? Did he hide the extent of the hurt from the coaching and medical staff?

It'd be interesting to know more.

woodbuck27
08-20-2009, 05:02 PM

He feels underpaid. Disrespected. :D

$25 Million DOLLero's. Way to go Bus Cook. Not bad for a washed up QB.

denverYooper
08-20-2009, 05:13 PM

He feels underpaid. Disrespected. :D

$25 Million DOLLero's. Way to go Bus Cook. Not bad for a washed up QB.

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Wednesday-whys-Its-all-about-Brett-3611.html

When I negotiated Brett’s 10-year, $100-million contract with his agent, Bus Cook, for the Packers in 2001, Bus and I felt that we would be lucky to get three years out of that contract. It actually lasted until a couple of months ago when the Jets terminated the contract in order to allow Brett, for the first time in his career, to exercise his rights as a free agent.

The amounts for years eight and nine of that contract, which would have been 2008 and 2009, were $12M and $13M, respectively. Brett will make those exact amounts in a two-year, $25-million contract he signed with the Vikings.

MOBB DEEP
08-21-2009, 01:49 AM
they're saying favre may play 2 series, 1 unless its too short

personally, i think he should play about 20 snaps with about 8 pass plays being called

for the 3rd pre-season game he should play a half

i cant remember exactly but i dont think he played an entire half in any of the jets pre-season games last year and the chemistry was adequate, leading to an 8-3 start

all in all, im expecting the vikes staff and favre to learn alot from the way things fell apart in n.y. (number of passing plays called, favre bonding with teammates, etc)

btw, dustin keller said its "absolutely false" that brett was standoff-ish last season. he stated that an individual made a negative remark about brett and the media took it and ran; as they do most things

is this game v chiefs gonna be televised? SO surreal....

GoPackGo
08-21-2009, 06:21 PM
Brett Favre is a tool and Packer fans have a right to be outraged.
The Packers should never retire #4.

MJZiggy
08-21-2009, 06:47 PM
Give it to a rookie punter.

Fritz
08-21-2009, 06:52 PM
I'm all for bringing in another punter, if one can be found!

Our punters seem to be of the British variety!

denverYooper
08-21-2009, 09:45 PM

ay-oh!

:rs:

MOBB DEEP
08-21-2009, 10:38 PM
not a bad debut at all considering he signed 3 days ago....

harvin will be the good devin hester

Scott Campbell
08-21-2009, 10:43 PM
not a bad debut at all considering he signed 3 days ago....

harvin will be the good devin hester

Kevin Siefert from ESPN writes:

"Unfortunately for the Vikings, that's about where the fun ended. Once the pomp and circumstance was over, Favre looked very much like a 39-year-old quarterback who just finished his first week of practice in almost nine months. He misfired on three of his four passes, his only completion a diving 4-yard catch by receiver Percy Harvin, and absorbed two heavy hits from an active Kansas City defense. The Vikings managed 9 yards over five plays in two series before Tarvaris Jackson replaced him.

(Those same fans booed Jackson as he jogged on the field. Classy.)"

Bossman641
08-21-2009, 10:43 PM
1/4 for 4 yards? I didn't see it, but

1. That seems too small to gauge anything
2. That seems pretty shitty as it is

MOBB DEEP
08-21-2009, 10:50 PM
some cat who was calln the game on nfl network broke it down nicely; its not about numbers tonite for a 90 year vet...its about developing synergy

vikes will be good and favre will fair well

GBRulz
08-21-2009, 10:51 PM
Sorry if these were posted elsewhere already...I just received them in an email today.

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e189/gbrulz/HelleJ20090819_low.jpg

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e189/gbrulz/Brett_Favre.jpg

Scott Campbell
08-21-2009, 10:54 PM
some cat who was calln the game on nfl network broke it down nicely; its not about numbers tonite for a 90 year vet...its about developing synergy

vikes will be good and favre will fair well

http://www.contented.com/contented/wp-content/uploads/2008/11/lipstickpig.jpg

Rastak
08-21-2009, 10:55 PM

Yea I expected alot more too after 1 practice outside and 1 inside because of rain..... :lol:

I'm kinda surprised they played him at all but I guess he wanted to get a few snaps to help shake off the rust. The Chiefs were getting after him pretty good and I think he has a ways to go to get timings down with his recievers. There is time for that but if the joker would have showed up for camp he'd be alot closer now.

MOBB DEEP
08-21-2009, 11:11 PM

Yea I expected alot more too after 1 practice outside and 1 inside because of rain..... :lol:

I'm kinda surprised they played him at all but I guess he wanted to get a few snaps to help shake off the rust. The Chiefs were getting after him pretty good and I think he has a ways to go to get timings down with his recievers. There is time for that but if the joker would have showed up for camp he'd be alot closer now.

yeah, i thought it was strange KC was coming after him so much...weird gameplan givn the circumstnaces imho...KC will suck!

Rastak
08-22-2009, 12:09 AM
For MOBB and a few others that care.....I think this would be the right non-pack thread

http://blogs.startribune.com/vikingsblog/?p=3205

Brett Favre said the strangest aspect about playing his first game in a Vikings uniform on Friday is that he felt nervous before the game.

Favre finished 1 of 4 passing for 4 yards in two series in a 17-13 victory against the Kansas City Chiefs. Afterward, he talked about his first game, the reception he received and what the past five days have been like for him personally.

Here is some of what he said:

Q: What was it like coming down the tunnel before the game?

Favre: It felt a little odd after so many years being on the other side. I thought it was a welcome reception. I know in the long run we’ll be judged on wins and losses. This was a tough place to play. It’s nice to be on the other side. It was a little loud when we were on offense too. [smiling] I think this place is just loud period.

Q: How nervous were you?

Favre: Today I came over to meetings at the hotel, sitting in the room, all of sudden I started having butterflies. I’m like, I haven’t felt this in a long time, which was probably the oddest thing today. I was talking to my oldest daughter and she told me good luck. I said, ‘I’m nervous.’ She said you’ll be fine. I said, ‘I just don’t want to screw up.’ I didn’t expect much today. Practiced two-and-a-half days. I just didn’t want to fumble a snap. I wanted to make sure I got the handoffs and if I complete a pass, great. But I was nervous.

Q: Why so nervous?

Favre: Good question. Maybe two-and-a-half days of practice. Live bullets, no red jersey. Of course all the attention that’s been focused on this. The guys have been great. I talked to numerous guys on the sideline today as well as during the week. To a man, they’ve all said, ‘Hey, we just want you to come in and be you. Be the leader you’ve always been. Don’t feel like you have to do everything.’ I’m trying to kind of purge myself of that. With all the attention, it’s hard not to feel like you have to live up to all this hype. Not that I don’t want to do that. But the most important thing is to lead this team to victory.

Q: What has last five days been like for you personally?

Favre: Each day it’s gotten a little bit smoother. It’s really about football. After the first day of practice, the next day I walk in and guys are yawning and going to meetings and practice. It’s business as usual. Once that started happening, it was much better. And getting this game over with tonight is a good thing as well. Preseason is tough anyway. But this week has obviously been a little hectic. We have a long week next week and I consider that a good thing. It’s something I need.

Q: We’re there certain throws that you wanted to do to test your arm?

Favre: Not really. … I’m probably more concerned right now with just getting my legs into shape. They were a little bit sore the last two days. Just from dropping back and doing things you can’t get until you start practicing. My arm is not in game shape. It’s just hard to simulate. I’ve been throwing but not dropping back and rolling out and doing things like that. I feel real good about where my arm is right now. It’s just more — not that I wanted to get hit — but there’s only one way to get the body physically in condition and that is to get out and fall and get banged around, get elbowed, helmet in the chest. But I’ve always felt like I can handle that side of it. Not that I want to be sore tomorrow. But I think all that stuff is good.

Q: How much extra time have you spent studying the offense?

Favre: A little bit. I feel pretty confident. My concern is more … like the last play I was in. They blitzed. This was a play we hadn’t practiced on. It’s actually a play you don’t practice regardless of where you are because you don’t see zero blitz very much. That was an empty blitz, which was a little surprising. But it was a double post, which is a pretty good call against that. I thought Percy [Harvin] would go inside the safety. He actually kind of stuck the guy and went around the top, which is what he had been coached to do. I didn’t know that. So that’s where I need to catch up.

MOBB DEEP
08-22-2009, 08:01 AM
thanks Ras

listening to his presser it was good to hear him say and imply a few times that he knows he doesnt have to take the whole load on his shoulders. also, good thing for him that they dont play again until the 31st, giving the team time to get on same page befor the all-important 3rd preseason game

he maintains that because of all the attention his coming to vikes has generated he could revert back to his tendency to try and do too much. he rcognizes, however, that the team has SO many weapons he shouldnt have to...should bode well for vikes...

i think his numbers will be behind rodgers and cutler's but at this point who cares??!! just win baby.....except against pack!

speaking of which; wil he be able to refrain from pressing against the pack at lambeau in the 4th quarter??? hmmmm

lol at reports that deanna went on a $4300 shoppn spree this week...must be nice...u know his dirty country tail aint spent that much on clothes his entire career

MOBB DEEP
08-25-2009, 02:23 AM
per chilly, favre to play entire 1st half monday night on espn

should get better gauge

MJZiggy
08-25-2009, 06:31 AM
Oh yay. It took them an hour to broadcast 4 bad passes last game. This should keep them busy all night.

Scott Campbell
08-25-2009, 08:23 AM

should get better gauge

It'll also give the opposing D more time to crush him.

Bretsky
08-25-2009, 08:28 AM
Favre may not look good until the regular season. He needs time...which is why it was so valuable to get him into camp a few weeks earlier when he thought he'd hang it up again.

MOBB DEEP
08-25-2009, 08:39 AM

should get better gauge

It'll also give the opposing D more time to crush him.

yeah, his geriatric tail avoided the rush none on friday...he stated in presser that maybe he should move around more...however, his "mind says go but body cant" lol

MOBB DEEP
08-25-2009, 01:45 PM
adam schefter reports that some players in the vikes locker room want Tavarvis to start this year

cats on espn 1st take say that favre not going through the blood sweat and tears with the team during 2 a days, etc, may be a factor. thus, there could be a qb controversy...whoa....

Ras,

whats the word up there?

woodbuck27
08-25-2009, 04:44 PM

Check out Seattle's Jon Ryan's punting stat's in the first exibition game this season. He had to chip one into the red zone for about 35 yards and had a 77 yard boomer. He averaged 52.5 yards with about 8 punts. Of the 8 punts two went into the end zone.

I predict he will become one of the very most solid punters in the NFL for many seasons. He's a fine athlete, intelligent and coachable. Sadly it appears to me that he Packers declined on him way too soon.

Tyrone Bigguns
08-25-2009, 05:16 PM
Big difference tween kicking in Lambeau and a dome.

Zool
08-25-2009, 05:34 PM

Kingdome? Pretty sure they blew that up. First game pre-season for Seattle was in SD.

mngolf19
08-25-2009, 05:38 PM
adam schefter reports that some players in the vikes locker room want Tavarvis to start this year

cats on espn 1st take say that favre not going through the blood sweat and tears with the team during 2 a days, etc, may be a factor. thus, there could be a qb controversy...whoa....

Ras,

whats the word up there?

Their saying that Schefter has now joined the ranks of ESPN and thus creates his own stories out of thin air.

Freak Out
08-25-2009, 05:48 PM

Kingdome? Pretty sure they blew that up. First game pre-season for Seattle was in SD.

Didn't the debacle of a game in the wind in Chicago seal his fate? The whole team stunk and wanted to go home in that one.

Scott Campbell
08-25-2009, 06:01 PM

True enough. However the Seahawks don't play in a dome.

Patler
08-25-2009, 06:06 PM
Check out Seattle's Jon Ryan's punting stat's in the first exibition game this season. He had to chip one into the red zone for about 35 yards and had a 77 yard boomer. He averaged 52.5 yards with about 8 punts. Of the 8 punts two went into the end zone.

I predict he will become one of the very most solid punters in the NFL for many seasons. He's a fine athlete, intelligent and coachable. Sadly it appears to me that he Packers declined on him way too soon.

No one has ever question Jon Ryan's leg strength. He will get some distance.
Here is the problem with Ryan:

Total punts - 15
# downed inside the 20 - 5
Touchbacks - 4

You want to see a much higher percentage of kicks downed inside the 20, (a better ratio of punts inside the 20 to touchbacks).

Additionally, in 15 punts he has only 1 fair catch. Again, you want to see better control over run backs.

Rastak
08-25-2009, 06:15 PM

Ras,

whats the word up there?

Not sure, I don't have access to the players to do my own poll so I have no idea. I've never heard a single quote to indicate that but I couldn't say.

Lurker64
08-25-2009, 06:20 PM
Not sure, I don't have access to the players to do my own poll so I have no idea. I've never heard a single quote to indicate that but I couldn't say.

It wouldn't be hard to imagine that if Brett continues to struggle through the preseason and doesn't look ready for the regular season, and T. Jack continues to play well in the preseason that there would be some dissension in the locker room. I mean, the players want to win games and to do that they want their best QB on the field. I don't think appeasing a legend is really one of their interests.

Scott Campbell
08-25-2009, 06:22 PM
Publicly backing Jackson over Favre is probably a career limiting move if you're a Viking player.

Rastak
08-25-2009, 06:29 PM

It wouldn't be hard to imagine that if Brett continues to struggle through the preseason and doesn't look ready for the regular season, and T. Jack continues to play well in the preseason that there would be some dissension in the locker room. I mean, the players want to win games and to do that they want their best QB on the field. I don't think appeasing a legend is really one of their interests.

First point, Favre was there two days so I wouldn't say he struggled. They probably shouldn't have even put him out there after a single outdoor practice with the team but he wanted to get his feet wet. He took a few snaps and missed one obvious throw. He missed one on a miscommunication and then on a zero blitz threw it where he expected the reciever to be, Harvin (the reciever) was busy being interfeared with and then broke outside instead of what Favre expected.

T-Jack played well in last years pre-season games. He always seems to play well with no pressure. I have zero confidence in him anymore, not that I had a bunch before. I'm sure the more cereberal players realize this. There most certainly could be some guys who are friends with the guy who could feel that way but I really wouldn;t know that for sure.

Rastak
08-25-2009, 06:30 PM
Publicly backing Jackson over Favre is probably a career limiting move if you're a Viking player.

True dat, although depends on the guy. You are a scrub then ya, not real bright. You're Peterson, Berrian, Hutchinson or any of another 10 guys you can say what you want.

Zool
08-25-2009, 07:09 PM
Hey Ras, how does it feel defending Favre?

Rastak
08-25-2009, 07:12 PM

Against what?

GrnBay007
08-25-2009, 08:15 PM

Against what?

Scott Campbell
08-25-2009, 09:07 PM

Against what?

:lol: :lol:

That was pretty good.

MichiganPackerFan
08-26-2009, 08:09 AM
I'll admit, I've put Ras on the spot a few times. Tired of fielding all the questions yet?

Bossman641
08-26-2009, 09:04 AM

Against what?

Repeat after me

"It wasn't Brett's fault, the WR ran the wrong route"

"That WR should have made a better play on the ball, or at least batted it away from the 2 defenders surrounding him"

"He was just trying to make a play"

"I'm pretty sure Favre had the sun in his eyes and couldn't see that defender"

denverYooper
08-26-2009, 09:16 AM

Against what?

Repeat after me

"That WR should have made a better play on the ball, or at least batted it away from the 2 defenders surrounding him"

Ha! That's already begun...

"He knows all of the calls, it's just getting used to the receivers' tendencies"
"Harvin was coached to break outside, not inside... Brett didn't know that"

And my favorite, yet to come:
"He got confused because he's used to throwing to the guys in the Green and Gold jerseys ;)"

HarveyWallbangers
08-26-2009, 04:21 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/trainingcamp09/news/story?id=4424660

Source: 'Little support' for Favre
By Adam Schefter

What two knowledgeable NFL people described earlier this week as an "issue" in the Minnesota Vikings locker room was described Wednesday by a third informed person as a "schism."

The issue is quarterback Brett Favre, and the schism is the preference that certain Vikings players have for specific quarterbacks.

Sources with knowledge of the Vikings locker-room dynamics say some players believe Tarvaris Jackson gives the Vikings the best chance to win, while other players believe Sage Rosenfels gives the team the best chance to win -- which is one of the new twists to this storyline. In the words of one NFL source, Favre has "little support" in the locker room as Minnesota prepares for its Monday night preseason game against the Houston Texans.

Favre, who signed only last week, struggled in his one preseason appearance but could easily win backers with improved performance and victories. But as it now stands, one NFL source said these locker-room issues stem back to long before the team signed Favre, and it's possible they will not be going away any time soon unless Favre can completely silence them with his play.

hoosier
08-26-2009, 04:22 PM
ESPN is running a story about how the Vikings locker room is divided--but it's not Favre against whoever. Instead, the players are reportedly split on whether Rosenfels or Jackson gives them the best chance to win. This is a little hard to believe given Favre's stature, and I doubt that he has managed to burn up ALL of the good will that he earned over the first 15 years of his career during the last two years. Who knows how the players in that lockerrom really feel? If Favre performs well early in the season, surely they will jump on the bandwagon and get behind him 100%. But if Favre struggles and if Jackson performs well in the last two preseason games we could see some interesting friction to the north. I'm hoping that TJax is absolutely on fire against Houston. :lol:

EDIT: I got beat to the punch by a minute! At least I added my own commentary as proof that I thought of it first. :lol:

Scott Campbell
08-26-2009, 04:46 PM

By Adam Schefter

What two knowledgeable NFL people described earlier this week as an "issue" in the Minnesota Vikings locker room was described Wednesday by a third informed person as a "schism."

The issue is quarterback Brett Favre, and the schism is the preference that certain Vikings players have for specific quarterbacks.

Sources with knowledge of the Vikings locker-room dynamics say some players believe Tarvaris Jackson gives the Vikings the best chance to win, while other players believe Sage Rosenfels gives the team the best chance to win -- which is one of the new twists to this storyline. In the words of one NFL source, Favre has "little support" in the locker room as Minnesota prepares for its Monday night preseason game against the Houston Texans.

Favre, who signed only last week, struggled in his one preseason appearance but could easily win backers with improved performance and victories. But as it now stands, one NFL source said these locker-room issues stem back to long before the team signed Favre, and it's possible they will not be going away any time soon unless Favre can completely silence them with his play.

This is usually indicative of a coach that gives them no chance to win.

Rastak
08-26-2009, 04:57 PM

Against what?

Repeat after me

You ever see the bang cartoon Brett Favre excuse-o-matic? That was some funny stuff.....you guys would laugh right now but when it was first published you'd have been red faced and mad about it.... :)

Freak Out
08-26-2009, 04:58 PM

By Adam Schefter

It's always great to see a locker room full of overpaid arrogant player/coaches/GMs argue.

Tony Oday
08-26-2009, 06:29 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2VfHnCwLp14&eurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww%2Efacebook%2Ecom%2Fhome%2Eph p%3Fref%3Dhome&feature=player_embedded#t=222

HowardRoark
08-26-2009, 09:36 PM

Against what?

Repeat after me

"I told you fellows about my rotator cuff, didn't I? I thought I mentioned it during the first 3 minutes of my first press conference."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_wy8ebqKbA

HarveyWallbangers
08-27-2009, 12:08 AM

Disgruntled ex-player alert. Sharper takes another swipe at an ex-team.

http://www.sportingnews.com/blog/The_Trenches/entry/view/31466/Are_Vikings_Rebelling_Against_Childress?

"What it comes down to is loyalty to players, that's a big question mark in Minnesota. " Saints safety Darren Sharper told me a few weeks back.

mraynrand
08-27-2009, 12:14 AM
It had to have pissed the Vikings plenty when Favre pulled up with his PODS and brought in his old Packer locker, with TT's return address still on the shrink wrap.

Rastak
08-27-2009, 05:47 AM

By Adam Schefter

In response to this former Packer beat writer Judd Zulgad did some investigation........

8:49 PM (8 hours ago)
About that schism
by Judd Zulgad
I spent much of the late afternoon following up on ESPN and ProFootballTalk’s reports today that painted a picture of division in the Vikings locker room over who should be this team’s starting quarterback.

ESPN’s Adam Schefter posted a story that cited a source as saying a “schism” – a separation or division into factions — had developed over the situation and stated that while some players felt Tarvaris Jackson gave the Vikings the best chance to win, others felt Sage Rosenfels should be the guy. The story also had an NFL source saying, Favre had “little support” in the locker room.

So where did my reporting get me? Nowhere close to feeling that this situation is as dire as it is being painted. Let’s make this much clear: There are almost certainly some members of the Vikings who would like to see Jackson starting. Jackson might not have proven himself as a reliable starter in his first three seasons but he is well-liked by many of his teammates and from everything I’ve seen a good guy who often faces criticism head on.

Defensive end Ray Edwards made it clear during the offseason that Jackson was his guy and it seems highly unlikely that has changed. Guys like Adrian Peterson and Sidney Rice also have spoken highly of Jackson in the past. Keep in mind, there are 80 guys in the Vikings locker room right now and the fact that not all of them think that having a nearly 40-year-old quarterback who reports late to training camp isn’t a good idea should come as no surprise.

But that doesn’t mean this is a majority opinion and it certainly doesn’t mean the locker room is fractured with two weeks to go in the preseason. If the Vikings get off to a rough start in the regular season there could be some grumbling about Favre and how his situation was handled, but that’s the nature of the beast in professional athletics. If guys who get paid to do this for a living are on the winning side enough that can make a lot of potential problems go away. On the other hand, if those same folks experience a disappointing season the natural reaction of some is to express their frustration through various forms of media. (As much as head coaches would like to see that change it’s not going to happen.)

So how did we get to this point only a week and one day into Favre’s tenure? That’s the best question in my opinion. I’m going to tell you at least three teams that likely saw the Favre stories on ESPN and ProFootballTalk today and immediately smiled. The Bears, Packers and Lions (I guess, you can throw them in) aren’t going to mind that a potential smoke bomb has been tossed into the Vikings locker room only a few weeks before the regular season opens. (The Vikings were more than happy to see the Favre situation serve as a distraction for the Packers last summer.)

Even if in the end it turns out there is only smoke and no fire.

Who knows.....or cares at this point in the preseason...if they lose a few games to start the season I can assure you they'll be some kind of fracture in the locker room. There was to some extent last year....same issue, different name at QB. When a team starts losing and there is what is perceived as a capable backup guys take sides, it;s human nature. As for Schefter (who I do respect) indicating there is very little support for the old dude, I am not getting that vibe at all from the offensive starters and their body language when asked about it. Most people just tow the company line so you do have to read between the lines a bit.

Rastak
08-27-2009, 05:49 AM

Disgruntled ex-player alert. Sharper takes another swipe at an ex-team.

http://www.sportingnews.com/blog/The_Trenches/entry/view/31466/Are_Vikings_Rebelling_Against_Childress?

"What it comes down to is loyalty to players, that's a big question mark in Minnesota. " Saints safety Darren Sharper told me a few weeks back.

I would have to agree, there was no loyalty to Sharper, he was shown the door when a younger guy was brought in to take his place. Similar to no loyalty to Scott Wells, KGB, etc etc etc etc. It's the nature of the business.

Rastak
08-27-2009, 06:01 AM
One more look at the great divide....

http://www.twincities.com/vikings/ci_13212029?nclick_check=1

Reports that there is an "issue," "schism" or "faction" in the Vikings' locker room over who will start at quarterback was news to 13 players, including nine offensive and defensive starters, Wednesday evening.

To encourage candor, the Pioneer Press contacted players expected to make the final 53-man roster and offered them anonymity to address how they felt about who should start at quarterback and if they had heard any teammates discussing the "issue" or "schism."

Two of the veteran starters spoke on the record.

"I'm in the mix, but I haven't heard anyone talk about that," starting tight end Visanthe Shiancoe said. "The locker room is not divided at all.

"Everyone is going to have their own opinions, and everyone is not going to like everyone all the time. But we don't have time for that dumb (expletive)."

Vikings Pro Bowl defensive tackle Pat Williams said he hadn't heard any whispers about a possible rift regarding the quarterbacks.

"But if someone did say something, it don't matter because he isn't one of the leaders on this team," said Williams, one of those said leaders. "The leaders are all together."

All 13 players contacted by the Pioneer Press were in full support of Favre as the team's starting quarterback, although none said that was a slap at Jackson.

Several players said they were disappointed with the representation that Favre is the final piece to a possible championship team.

"One person doesn't make a Super Bowl team," one player said. "But I can't say that it hurts our chances, either."

During a news conference immediately after practice, Pro Bowl running back Adrian Peterson said he also hadn't sensed any faction of the team preferring Jackson.

"I don't know where that came from," he said. "That's news to me."

Asked if it's tough because of his friendship with Jackson, Peterson said, "The key word is 'professional,' and that's how you've got to handle it.

"Guys come in competing for jobs each year," he said. "If there was a running back they brought in this year that was being more productive than me or whatnot, then I'm sure I would be sitting on the bench. That's what it's all about."

One starter said he was thrilled about Favre's signing but insisted that Jackson has the potential to be a starter in the NFL for a long time.

Yet given the options, the starter preferred Favre for his consistency and championship credentials.

On his first day as a Viking, Favre expressed concern to Williams about how the former Packers quarterback would be welcomed in the locker room, Williams said.

The defensive tackle recalled that same uncertainty when he joined the Vikings in 2005.

"I told him to be himself," Williams said. " 'We all got your back.' "

If anyone said anything, Williams suggested it might have been one of the team's younger players.

"The young players get caught up, and some of the young guys don't know (expletive)," Williams said. "You have a role, and you have to accept it.

Stevogbfan
08-27-2009, 06:14 AM
rastak, are you talking about this video...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZxzeBxTz_Y
it might be weird when the shoe is on the other foot

MOBB DEEP
08-27-2009, 08:06 AM
Not sure, I don't have access to the players to do my own poll so I have no idea

sorry smarty pants! :evil: I think of you as a conduit

When i lived, and go back to, milwaukee i DO obtain more info than when I'm here in DC. But again, my bad buddy

LOL at "schism." This is probably coming from the youngns who dont respect their Lord enough. Bow down! He he...Actually youngsters DONT understand the idea of seizing the moment as much as the vets do (every walk of life really, my 14 year old doesnt want to hang with her grand ma ma just because she might not be around in 10 years when she realizes fam IS of the utmost importance). They dont have as much a sense of urgency that say a Hutchinson has; not every year do you have an awesome D, plentiful offensive weapons, and only lack in the most important area of QB and have a chance to get a should-be-motivated HOFer? And like Golic said, will this schism prevent the o-line from preparing their best for games? DBs? AD wont run as hard? Winfield will just let Hester run past him b/c he's mad Lord didnt do OTAs? Its a PROFESSION not social club and these cats get paid to perform; why jeopordize your employment (NFL = not for long buddy!) by not trying to be the best YOU can be regardless of personnel moves?

oh, and winning is the best elixir. Vikes schedule is ready made to get off to a good start, thus eliciting team-wide confidence to build nice cushion before hitting the meat of the sched (at packers biggest reg season game EVER, at steelers, at Car/the game wifey and I are attending, at bears, and vs nyg). 4 out of first 5 games are gimmes - browns, lions, 9ers, pack, and rams...1st loss = packers

Yeah, Vikes are ruined now :roll:

Zool
08-27-2009, 09:26 AM
First point, Favre was there two days so I wouldn't say he struggled. They probably shouldn't have even put him out there after a single outdoor practice with the team but he wanted to get his feet wet. He took a few snaps and missed one obvious throw. He missed one on a miscommunication and then on a zero blitz threw it where he expected the reciever to be, Harvin (the reciever) was busy being interfeared with and then broke outside instead of what Favre expected.

Ahem

Chevelle2
08-27-2009, 10:24 AM
I didn't want to start a new thread, but are Rodgers and MM taking shots at Favre?

http://www.madison.com/wsj/home/sports/463485

“You can’t help but follow or believe in someone, in my opinion, who’s there 95 percent-plus in the offseason. It’s the same way with anybody else in this room. You feel like you can count on a guy who’s been there since the start of the offseason with you. ... There’s a different attitude when you look at them, knowing you can believe in them.” - Aaron Rodgers

In his PC on packers.com, around the 8:15 mark, he says:

"Well having a good QB is a big part of success. I think every team in the league is trying to improve their football team, and you never have enough quarterbacks....that part is obvious, how does it all fit together...you know, AR has developed in this offense, and had a successful season last year, and we look for him to build off that. Now how does Culter, and Favre, and those guys in DET, how they fit into their scheme, to me, thats to be seen. Because I don't care how long youve played in the offense, or how well you know somebody, you still have to go out and play the game...you have to go to practice, i mean, there's a reason why we practice, and how you preform thats how we play the game.

You tell em, Mac.

Scott Campbell
08-27-2009, 10:48 AM
I didn't want to start a new thread, but are Rodgers and MM taking shots at Favre?

Nah. They're just taking shots a divas that weasel there way out of training camps.

GOOD STUFF!

Rastak
08-27-2009, 06:16 PM

Ahem

At which part? The dude fucks up alot, we all know that. I thought his pass to Tahi was shitty. Look, if I say Aaron Rodgers lost a bunch of games down the stretch and you say the defense was bad, are you making a bunch of excuses for Rodgers or stating the facts?

Look, I was pretty luke warm on this whole plan and I'm still not 100% sold. The guy came in, didn't have any real work with his recievers and missed 3 of 4 passes. I'll put it on Favre for waffling so friggen long, yes. I'll put it on Chilly for puting him in a game after 1 outside practice and 1 inside. I'm not gonna say "what a bunch of shitty throws" because that wasn't what happened.

Does this make any sense Zool?

Pugger
08-27-2009, 06:25 PM
I've only seen "highlights" of the MN and KC game but if MN doesn't get that O line of theirs in gear BF won't last until Thanksgiving. Of course that wouldn't break my heart... :wink:

woodbuck27
08-27-2009, 06:44 PM

Yes there is. Here are Jon Ryans numbers from last week:

Punts (Number-Average) 7 - 49.6 ; Blocked 0 ; Net Punting Average 41.3

What I see is consistency and decent to good numbers.

Fritz
08-27-2009, 06:45 PM

Ahem

At which part? The dude fucks up alot, we all know that. I thought his pass to Tahi was shitty. Look, if I say Aaron Rodgers lost a bunch of games down the stretch and you say the defense was bad, are you making a bunch of excuses for Rodgers or stating the facts?

Look, I was pretty luke warm on this whole plan and I'm still not 100% sold. The guy came in, didn't have any real work with his recievers and missed 3 of 4 passes. I'll put it on Favre for waffling so friggen long, yes. I'll put it on Chilly for puting him in a game after 1 outside practice and 1 inside. I'm not gonna say "what a bunch of shitty throws" because that wasn't what happened.

It kinda sucks to be in a position of defending someone whom you don't necessarily want but still feeling that person deserves some defense.

woodbuck27
08-27-2009, 06:50 PM

Ahem

I'm glad your here Rastak so we'll get some straight up reporting on what Favre really does this season. I agree with you on his damn tendency to waffle as it makes little sense unless he wanted to squeeze out something for himself (some ? there 'of course') as we all know he loves to play.

woodbuck27
08-27-2009, 06:54 PM

Nah. They're just taking shots a divas that weasel there way out of training camps.

GOOD STUFF!

Yes. You make any team 'in practise' not based on reputation. You have to be an integral part of 'the team'.

Freak Out
Has Chilly named Favre the week one starter yet? If not that means it still could be Jackson or Rosencrapper correct? If Favre stinks it up the rest of the pre season and Jackson rocks then one would assume he gets the nod correct? Prolly not a bad idea to give him more time to work and get football ready and when :lol: Jackson folds you bring him in to save the day......of course Favre wouldn't do that because of the streak.

MichiganPackerFan
It kinda sucks to be in a position of defending someone whom you don't necessarily want but still feeling that person deserves some defense.

You mean like HH?

woodbuck27
08-27-2009, 06:57 PM
Has Chilly named Favre the week one starter yet? If not that means it still could be Jackson or Rosencrapper correct? If Favre stinks it up the rest of the pre season and Jackson rocks then one would assume he gets the nod correct? Prolly not a bad idea to give him more time to work and get football ready and when :lol: Jackson folds you bring him in to save the day......of course Favre wouldn't do that because of the streak.

There's too much tied up in Brett Favre now for any thoughts that he won't start game one. Yes. That streak is huge. An amazing record to hold.

Tyrone Bigguns
08-27-2009, 07:06 PM

Missed the point. There is no point in bemoaning the packers not giving him a longer leash, as his #s in seattle aren't relevant. Not relevant in the preseason, not relevant in the season, and not relevant in the post season.

Until ryan proves he can kick in lambeau or any other cold weather city without a dome his stats mean nothing.

woodbuck27
08-27-2009, 07:19 PM

Missed the point. There is no point in bemoaning the packers not giving him a longer leash, as his #s in seattle aren't relevant. Not relevant in the preseason, not relevant in the season, and not relevant in the post season.

Until ryan proves he can kick in lambeau or any other cold weather city without a dome his stats mean nothing.

Point well taken Tyrone Bigguns.

MOBB DEEP
08-31-2009, 09:34 AM
Will Brett rise to the ocassion on MNF or shrink under the pressure to redeem himself for his somewhat-paltry play vs KC?

hoosier
08-31-2009, 09:48 AM
Will Brett rise to the ocassion on MNF or shrink under the pressure to redeem himself for his somewhat-paltry play vs KC?

Yes.

mraynrand
08-31-2009, 11:26 AM

Yes.

WORD!!!!! lol

Cheesehead Craig
08-31-2009, 12:11 PM
http://img7.imageshack.us/img7/4089/seniormoments.jpg

rbaloha1
08-31-2009, 02:30 PM
espn is reporting favre has a cracked rib.

Chevelle2
08-31-2009, 02:39 PM
Saw that....this guy is in for a rough season

Chevelle2
08-31-2009, 02:46 PM
either that, or he is setting up a whole slew of excuses

gbgary
08-31-2009, 02:48 PM
he's gonna be very rusty for the opener...if he even makes it.

Scott Campbell
08-31-2009, 03:20 PM
The sacks should be doubly delicious tonight.

woodbuck27
08-31-2009, 03:41 PM
either that, or he is setting up a whole slew of excuses

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/trainingcamp09/news/story?id=4434939

sheepshead
08-31-2009, 04:17 PM
About Brett's Rib:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KNQRqAoT-2c

woodbuck27
08-31-2009, 05:15 PM
http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcnorth

Expecting progress, not excuses, from Favre

August 31, 2009 3:36 PM

Posted by ESPN.com’s Kevin Seifert

HOUSTON -- My big question Monday night at Reliant Stadium will not be whether Brett Favre looks more comfortable as Minnesota’s starting quarterback. After his brief debut Aug. 21, Favre has nowhere to go but up. No, what I want to see is whether Favre is close to being comfortable enough to start the regular season.

(And I’m not talking about his potentially cracked rib, either. More on that in a bit.)

It’s entirely possible that this will be Favre’s final preseason appearance before the season opener at Cleveland, now 14 days away. No matter how much you hear about Favre’s familiarity with this offense, let’s be clear on one point. The Vikings are trying to squeeze into a month what most NFL teams need a full offseason or more to achieve: Chemistry between a quarterback and his teammates.

There are no shortcuts or timesavers in this endeavor. The only solution is practice and game-speed reps. Favre is playing catch-up in both areas, and time is running out. To me, it’s reasonable to expect substantial progress and much better precision Monday night in order to be convinced that this fast-track preparation schedule will be a success for opening weekend.

I know some people would suggest that the Vikings’ early-season schedule -- Cleveland followed by Detroit and San Francisco -- gives them a chance to work out the kinks without taking a direct hit on their record. But in what I think will be a highly competitive division, the Vikings can’t afford even one slip-up related to Favre’s late start.

So I guess I’m not buying into Favre’s attempts to downplay Monday night’s game. His revelation Monday that he thinks he has a cracked rib seemed to be another attempt to lower expectations. This appearance is a big deal, and I’m not (only) saying this because it’s on ESPN’s air.

Favre continued to maintain last week that he is mostly focused on the basics. If the Vikings score on every possession Monday night, he said, “I’ll probably be the most surprised person in the building.”

Instead, Favre said, “the things that people don’t see” are the most important.

“No one wants to see the ball on the ground,” he said. “Calling plays wrong, going the wrong way. Things like that. The other stuff will come.”
The other stuff will come. I presume that refers to completions, touchdowns and other minor details.

But when will they come and at what cost? That’s what I want to find out Monday night.

sheepshead
08-31-2009, 05:43 PM
I'll have popcorn and a few colds ones ready for tonight. Does anyone think Brett could be "cut" as in, "brett we will say publicly that its your shoulder but in effect, we're cutting you."?

woodbuck27
08-31-2009, 05:56 PM
I'll have popcorn and a few colds ones ready for tonight. Does anyone think Brett could be "cut" as in, "brett we will say publicly that its your shoulder but in effect, we're cutting you."?

No.

sheepshead
08-31-2009, 06:03 PM

No.

So if he stinks it up today, he starts on the 13th (or whatever day they open)?

Just wondering out loud.

BEARMAN
08-31-2009, 07:09 PM
SIXTEEN seconds and SEVEN points, wOw ! :shock: Lord Faaaaaaaaaarve looks OK ? :lol:

BallHawk
08-31-2009, 07:09 PM
Bump for game going on right now.

1st play and AD runs it in for a 75-yard TD. No need for Favre to throw a single pass.

Interesting to see how Favre will do tonight. He's gonna need to show something to at least get some peace going into the regular season.

MOBB DEEP
08-31-2009, 07:10 PM
WOW...!!

Rastak
08-31-2009, 07:11 PM
WOW...!!

Well, Favre leads the Vikings on a 75 yard opening drive.........lol.....

MOBB DEEP
08-31-2009, 07:12 PM
Now p. williams bangs out texan RB causing fumble!

MOBB DEEP
08-31-2009, 07:13 PM
Bad call

MOBB DEEP
WOW...!!

lol

Gunakor
WOW...!!

That was a beautiful handoff to Adrian Peterson. He must still be elite hey?

BallHawk
08-31-2009, 07:14 PM
WOW...!!

Anything less than a unanimous MVP award would be a disappointment.

Rastak
08-31-2009, 07:14 PM
WOW...!!

Dude, I guess I should have used the wink emoticon but I thought it was obvious enough.......

BEARMAN
08-31-2009, 07:21 PM
How many sacks can lord faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaRve sustain this year, before it starts to hurt his preformance ? He is long in the tooth ?