PDA

View Full Version : OFFICIAL BRETT THE LIVING LEGEND THREAD

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46

Bretsky
10-02-2009, 11:24 PM
We have faith in Rod

Chevelle2
10-02-2009, 11:40 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/10/02/favre-limited-again-in-practice/

With one of the biggest regular-season games in recent memory coming in less than three days, the man at the center of the storm has yet to complete a full practice.

Vikings quarterback Brett Favre has a foot injury, and he has been only a limited participant each of the past two days of practice.

Bretsky
10-02-2009, 11:44 PM
no excuses not to beat an injured Brett Favre then

Tyrone Bigguns
10-03-2009, 12:20 AM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/10/02/favre-limited-again-in-practice/

With one of the biggest regular-season games in recent memory coming in less than three days, the man at the center of the storm has yet to complete a full practice.

Vikings quarterback Brett Favre has a foot injury, and he has been only a limited participant each of the past two days of practice.

Apparently from sticking it once to often in his mouth.

SnakeLH2006
10-03-2009, 12:44 AM

There is an achievement for that, Ty. Good job:

http://achievements.schrankmonster.de/Achievement.aspx?text=Ty%20is%20smarter%20than%20A LL.%20Einstein%20FAILS.

GrnBay007
10-03-2009, 12:51 AM
:lol:

Tyrone Bigguns
10-03-2009, 12:53 AM

http://achievements.schrankmonster.de/Achievement.aspx?text=Ty%20is%20smarter%20than%20A LL.%20Einstein%20FAILS.

Ty hurt his foot from kicking your ass all over this forum.

SnakeLH2006
10-03-2009, 12:59 AM

007 knows what is up. Ty, I still like ya buddy, but that NEVER happened, nor will it. :lol:

MadtownPacker
10-03-2009, 01:04 AM
I agree completely but wouldn't it be ironic if then TJack came in and led Vikes to a victory?Dont be stupid. Oh wait, I forgot your a vikings fan. Carry on.

Tyrone Bigguns
10-03-2009, 01:06 AM

007 knows what is up. Ty, I still like ya buddy, but that NEVER happened, nor will it. :lol:

Country voted for Bush twice.

GrnBay007
10-03-2009, 01:08 AM
Go back to your box

Tyrone Bigguns
10-03-2009, 01:13 AM
Go back to your box

Put yourself in the middle. Don't blame anyone but yourself.

Exactly how many times can you laugh at the same joke?

GrnBay007
10-03-2009, 01:16 AM

You don't really want me to answer that, do you? It's GOLD!! :D

MOBB DEEP
10-03-2009, 01:19 AM
Meril Hodge was straight slurppn favre on nfl primetime. He said that he is the most magical player ever and that last weeks heroics was his most magical moment ever! Crazy

MadtownPacker
10-03-2009, 01:23 AM
Mobb, dont none of these Whiteys care what your Black azz has to say. Go back to Africa.

SnakeLH2006
10-03-2009, 01:27 AM
Mobb, dont none of these Whiteys care what your Black azz has to say. Go back to Africa.

LOfuckingL. Good stuff.

Tyrone Bigguns
10-03-2009, 01:29 AM

Well, looks like we identified the Carrot Top demographic.

SnakeLH2006
10-03-2009, 01:37 AM

Carrot Top NEVER KNEW EVERYTHING like you do, TY? Snake doesn't like Carrot Top or TY (and I would bet EVERY Rat would say the same). Who is smarter Carrot Top (stupid shit but millions in the bank....or Ty.....stupid shit, but EVERY Rat hating his same ass BS)? Just wondering....

Tyrone Bigguns
10-03-2009, 01:47 AM

Carrot Top NEVER KNEW EVERYTHING like you do, TY? Snake doesn't like Carrot Top or TY (and I would bet EVERY Rat would say the same). Who is smarter Carrot Top (stupid shit but millions in the bank....or Ty.....stupid shit, but EVERY Rat hating his same ass BS)? Just wondering....

Ty, I still like ya buddy

SnakeLH2006
10-03-2009, 02:01 AM

So what's the deal? I still like ya. Just quit your BS shit of know-it-all-ness? If you could do that you'd be a fav. Rat. Post/twist/ammend as you see, but it's crazy how me and Mad are at ease, yet you still have you own Ty Island, no? Quit being a know-it-all. Nuff said. I'd like ya.

Tyrone Bigguns
10-03-2009, 02:14 AM

So what's the deal? I still like ya. Just quit your BS shit of know-it-all-ness? If you could do that you'd be a fav. Rat. Post/twist/ammend as you see, but it's crazy how me and Mad are at ease, yet you still have you own Ty Island, no? Quit being a know-it-all. Nuff said. I'd like ya.

Show me a post where i'm being a know it all. And, show me a post of your where you aren't.

I posted about bert sticking his foot in his mouth. Anyone who is being objective would say he has done that...and boom, you attack me. Nothing know it all in that comment at all.

You are more of a know it all than me.....Grant will be out of the league in 2 years, Colledge sucks, etc. You won't find one post where i ever make that kinda statement. You don't think that is being a know it all?

SnakeLH2006
10-03-2009, 02:46 AM

Tyrone Bigguns
10-03-2009, 02:47 AM
Proved my point.

SnakeLH2006
10-03-2009, 02:53 AM
Proved my point.

Yep...you have SO MANY allies/friends on here?

Wait, nope...none.

But at least you are smarter than EVERYONE:

Tyrone Bigguns
10-03-2009, 03:02 AM
I don't know where yer finding these things, Ty, but keep 'em coming

Yes, that is how Ty writes. It can be irritating at times but really is pretty damn smart writing if you take the time to appreciate what is being done.

SnakeLH2006
10-03-2009, 03:19 AM
I don't know where yer finding these things, Ty, but keep 'em coming

Yes, that is how Ty writes. It can be irritating at times but really is pretty damn smart writing if you take the time to appreciate what is being done.

LOL....UR just responding to myriad posts about your ass-hole-ish-ness. But that is funny. Give it a break.

Ty, your posts give Rats cancer.

Tyrone Bigguns
10-03-2009, 03:24 AM
You are sad.

SnakeLH2006
10-03-2009, 03:32 AM
My posts are sad. I give Rats cancer.

No really, Ty, your negative ass posts give people cancer. Stop it.

Tyrone Bigguns
10-03-2009, 03:37 AM
Demented and sad, but social.

SnakeLH2006
10-03-2009, 04:01 AM

Yep they give us all cancer. Good job, buddy.

Tyrone Bigguns
10-03-2009, 04:03 AM

How soon before the cancer metastizes and you succumb?

SnakeLH2006
10-03-2009, 04:12 AM

You are truly a good person.

Tyrone Bigguns
10-03-2009, 04:34 AM

Well since you asked you heartless fuck. Prob. as soon as my Mom and my Brother (both diagnosed with Terminal Cancer in the last 2 months, and I'm super close with my mom and best friends with my brother) die.

As soon as my family dies, Snake should too (and most likely won't post anymore cuz I'll jump off bridge or take my DE and put one in my head).

I hope that makes you feel better, Ty, as I'm crying typing this....u fuck. I truly am.

Say something smart to that you fuck. You got nothing.

Well, i am truly sorry your have illness in your family. Seriously. Ty has had cancer in his family.

that said, is is quite shocking you would joke around and be so cavalier about cancer. Saying Ty's post cause cancer, probably not your best avenue of attack.

SnakeLH2006
10-03-2009, 04:40 AM
Yeah, I've been "off" the Rats on a daily basis for the last month for a reason. Whatever, man.

MOBB DEEP
10-05-2009, 09:18 PM
Gotta give credit where credit is due: that was a sweet play.

It was a terrific play. I'm just glad he got it out of his system before next week.

Where u been SC?

Favre's confidence (even after 100 years in NFL) should be high for MNF

Aaron and him will DEF engage in frickn shoot-out!

If this game were played on a Wednesday morning Favre's confidence would be high. It has nothing to do with MNF.

I hope they tell Brett to throw 46 times. I hope it becomes Favre vs Rodgers. I really do. Because the fewer times he hands the ball of to Peterson the better the chance we win the game.

qft

MOBB DEEP
10-05-2009, 09:30 PM
frickn clinic

MOBB DEEP
10-05-2009, 10:09 PM
4 TD passes coming?

MOBB DEEP
10-05-2009, 10:52 PM
ANOTHER record; 1st player to beat ALL of the current teams in nfl

Lord Favre...

packerbacker1234
10-06-2009, 12:19 AM
Impressive. First he proves last week he still has the magic to make a game winning play and drive, then this week he proves he can still play a complete football game, put the offense on his shoulders, and get it done in a big game.

Guy still has it. Still waiting on Rodgers to get whatever the hell he is missing that Favre has. #4 keeps winning, Rodgers keeps the stat padding up while not winning.

steve823
10-06-2009, 12:24 AM
Impressive. First he proves last week he still has the magic to make a game winning play and drive, then this week he proves he can still play a complete football game, put the offense on his shoulders, and get it done in a big game.

Guy still has it. Still waiting on Rodgers to get whatever the hell he is missing that Favre has. #4 keeps winning, Rodgers keeps the stat padding up while not winning.

You honestly think it has beens Rodgers fault for not winning? NO. Not at all. With our banged up + horrible o-line he still played great. And on 3rd down he was great too. The only thing even the biggest Rodger haters can say is that a few times he could've threw the ball away instead of taking the sack.

GrnBay007
10-06-2009, 12:25 AM
They said on ESPN that at the end of the game when Favre and Driver hugged the crowd erupted. :hug: Sure do miss seeing those two play together!

Scott Campbell
10-06-2009, 12:28 AM

Yeah, he's still got it. He's a regular Mr. October.

gex
10-06-2009, 08:20 AM
They said on ESPN that at the end of the game when Favre and Driver hugged the crowd erupted. :hug: Sure do miss seeing those two play together! :D

:D

mraynrand
10-06-2009, 02:15 PM
Well, the shoe was really on the other foot last night. I have to admit, when Favre was a Packer and scorching other teams and doing that "aww shucks, I can still play sniff, sniff," routine, It wasn't offensive and could even be kinda funny. But when he just rang us up, it was intolerable. Plus, having Michelle Tofoya stand there licking his gray hairy ass after the game didn't help my mood either. I can't wait for the game in Lambeau - or for that matter the Viking games against Pittsburgh and Baltimore. I can't wait to see that smug little grin smashed the fuck off his unshaven grill. Favre is really under my skin now. I can't even watch old footage and enjoy it anymore. Shit.

Scott Campbell
10-06-2009, 02:38 PM
Well, the shoe was really on the other foot last night. I have to admit, when Favre was a Packer and scorching other teams and doing that "aww shucks, I can still play sniff, sniff," routine, It wasn't offensive and could even be kinda funny. But when he just rang us up, it was intolerable. Plus, having Michelle Tofoya stand there licking his gray hairy ass after the game didn't help my mood either. I can't wait for the game in Lambeau - or for that matter the Viking games against Pittsburgh and Baltimore. I can't wait to see that smug little grin smashed the fuck off his unshaven grill. Favre is really under my skin now. I can't even watch old footage and enjoy it anymore. Shit.

I could only stomach 15 seconds of that interview.

Take heart. They're not paying him $12M for winning in October.

Sparkey
10-06-2009, 02:40 PM

Perspective is a bitch, huh. Now I know why all those Vikings and Bears fans hated Favre all those years. A combination of his play, the annoying drawl, the irritatin smirks and the non-stop fluffing by the media.

Oh, well. We Packer fans had 16 years of following him. I guess it is only fair that the Vikings get a few years.

Sparkey
10-06-2009, 02:43 PM

That would be an offensive line, as opposed to a line that's offensive.

gex
10-07-2009, 12:11 AM

That would be an offensive line, as opposed to a line that's offensive.

lol :lol:

SnakeLH2006
10-07-2009, 01:40 AM
Truly it is legendary what Favre can pull off sometimes. I'm well over the fact he's a Vike (could care less) and fully like/support ARod. But Favre just has a knack for winning. Maybe it's his shiftiness (avoiding pressure while Arod just loves taking the sacks albeit our OL sucks much ass) but I dunno.

Granted Favre is not known much for postseason heroics...but damn if that guy is not the BIGGEST BIG GAME Reg. Season QB Snake has EVER seen. I gotta give it up to him there. If only he could channel that shit from Sept./October to Dec./Jan./Feb.

All in all, the best game I've seen Favre play in 2 years (I've seen most Jet/Vike games thus far)...and thought his arm fell off. Not in the big Pack/Vike game. Sucks for us.

Hopefully Colledge and Barbre find their jock straps soon, so ARod can win some games and peeps get off his ass and on his nutz like Brett. :huh: It's hard to fault Arod when he's running for his frickin' life play after play, yet old man Brett has 8 seconds to find a guy open. Just sucks...that game did (cue Yoda voice)....

Gunakor
10-07-2009, 02:04 AM
Truly it is legendary what Favre can pull off sometimes. I'm well over the fact he's a Vike (could care less) and fully like/support ARod. But Favre just has a knack for winning. Maybe it's his shiftiness (avoiding pressure while Arod just loves taking the sacks albeit our OL sucks much ass) but I dunno.

There was no pressure for Favre to avoid on Monday night. That was a major gaffe that played a big factor in the loss. You don't have to be Brett Favre to make something happen if you typically have 5-7+ seconds in a clean pocket to look around and make a good decision.

SnakeLH2006
10-07-2009, 02:26 AM

There was no pressure for Favre to avoid on Monday night. That was a major gaffe that played a big factor in the loss. You don't have to be Brett Favre to make something happen if you typically have 5-7+ seconds in a clean pocket to look around and make a good decision.

LOL. I'm not saying Brett had pressure and not trying to ignite some Brett/Arod shit. They are both great in their own rights...but Favre (even old with shitty OL play in GB) was able to shake off pass-rushers (one his legendary strengths)...He wasn't pressured much at all in this game, no (Favre).. but just saying Favre rarely took sacks in his career...even look at his last few years in GB. He's got a knack for keeping a play open with being able to shake a would-be pass-rusher. That's one of greatest strengths as a great QB and prob. ARod's biggest weakness as a young QB.

ARod needs to throw the ball away (have better instincts when he knows that OL is shaky as all hell as it is)...as I really don't have any other critique of ARod's play, but that is HUGE. Taking those sacks, or running around and making a play will pad your QB stats, but hurt the team when it's 2nd and 17. Favre has always done that. ARod needs to learn that.

Take the incompletion (he does it SOMETIMES, but half the time he's running around like a crazy person, and takes the sack putting the team in a shitty down and distance). Most young QB's do this. That is why Favre is amazing with lesser stats, and ARod has better stats, but a worser team in a nutshell IMO. This is not a diss on ARod, but something he needs to work on...and he better figure that out quick with that ass-bag of an Offensive Line....ASAP.

Gunakor
10-07-2009, 02:34 AM
You're asking Rodgers to be a bit of a gunslinger. That's what Favre was. Yeah, he'd release the ball before being hit, and yeah, many times it would fall incomplete. But other times it would wind up in the hands of Darren Sharper. And at those times I ask myself, which is better, 2nd and 17 for the Packers or 1st and 10 for the Vikings?

Call it what you will, padding stats or keeping games within reason. Turnovers kill a team faster than sacks do. I'd rather AR have 20 sacks and 1 INT than AR have 8 sacks and 5 INT, assuming 7 of those 12 passes under duress would have harmlessly hit the ground. I'd rather take a sack than force a throw to somewhere it shouldn't go.

Really, I'd rather Rodgers get some fucking protection so he doesn't have to make that decision every time he drops back into this so-called "pocket" that we keep hearing about but never ever see.

SnakeLH2006
10-07-2009, 02:43 AM
You're asking Rodgers to be a bit of a gunslinger. That's what Favre was. Yeah, he'd release the ball before being hit, and yeah, many times it would fall incomplete. But other times it would wind up in the hands of Darren Sharper. And at those times I ask myself, which is better, 2nd and 17 for the Packers or 1st and 10 for the Vikings?

Call it what you will, padding stats or keeping games within reason. Turnovers kill a team faster than sacks do. I'd rather AR have 20 sacks and 1 INT than AR have 8 sacks and 5 INT, assuming 7 of those 12 passes under duress would have harmlessly hit the ground. I'd rather take a sack than force a throw to somewhere it shouldn't go.

Really, I'd rather Rodgers get some fucking protection so he doesn't have to make that decision every time he drops back into this so-called "pocket" that we keep hearing about but never ever see.

I'm not disputing that ARod makes sound decisions...and Snake is NOT advocating ARod heaving it "gunslinger" style either. Throw it out of bounds. Stop running around if you "KNOW" you are gonna get sacked or not make a play. I think Arod is VERY savvy with INT awareness. His INT% is this side of Bernie Kosar. That's cool. I'm not advocating ARod toss it up.

Favre has always had an insane innate ability to "avoid" the rush. ARod is crafty at times to. Favre with his body control...Arod with his feet...

Favre slung it. Arod gets sacked in the end. Just dump the ball off to the coaches on the sideline. No one said ARod should just wing it up? Did they?

Gunakor
10-07-2009, 02:50 AM

I'm not disputing that ARod makes sound decisions...and Snake is NOT advocating ARod heaving it "gunslinger" style either. Throw it out of bounds. Stop running around if you "KNOW" you are gonna get sacked or not make a play. I think Arod is VERY savvy with INT awareness. His INT% is this side of Bernie Kosar. That's cool. I'm not advocating ARod toss it up.

Favre has always had an insane innate ability to "avoid" the rush. ARod is crafty at times to. Favre with his body control...Arod with his feet...

Favre slung it. Arod gets sacked in the end. Just dump the ball off to the coaches on the sideline. No one said ARod should just wing it up? Did they?

Half the time AR is sacked he is still inside the tackle box. He doesn't move out of that box very often unless it's a called rollout. When you're inside that tackle box, the coaches on the sideline are ineligible recievers and you're gonna get flagged for throwing it to them. The only way to get rid of the ball when inside that box is to throw it over a WR's head or throw it at his feet, both which carry that risk of turnover. In those situations it's better to take the sack.

Tyrone Bigguns
10-07-2009, 03:07 AM
Lord Favre

MOBB DEEP
10-07-2009, 08:06 AM
LOL......
Much to Tarlam's apparent chagrin, you KNOW I was SO elated to hear how hard Lord was praying at church before the game. He obviously knows where our strength comes from (Psalms 121:1-2)... :wink:

denverYooper
10-07-2009, 12:59 PM
LOL......
Much to Tarlam's apparent chagrin, you KNOW I was SO elated to hear how hard Lord was praying at church before the game. He obviously knows where our strength comes from (Psalms 121:1-2)... :wink:

No offense, but aren't you breaking the second and possibly third commandments with your "Lord" references?

mngolf19
10-07-2009, 01:13 PM
Take heart. They're not paying him $12M for winning in October.

Between the 49er game and this one, I might disagree with you on that.

Guiness
10-07-2009, 01:22 PM

That interview was among the WorST, bar none, that I have ever seen.

Talk about the game. Talk about his play. Talk about what it's like to have a young talent like AD on your team. Talk about getting on the same page with the receivers. Talk about what it's like to be 4-0, even dust off the old 'how far can this undefeated streak go' question.
None of those were topics of a the post game interview.

packerbacker1234
10-07-2009, 01:39 PM

Yeah, except you would be singing a different tune if there was 8 sacks, 5 ints, and a 4-0 record.

MOBB DEEP
10-07-2009, 05:41 PM
LOL......

No offense, but aren't you breaking the second and possibly third commandments with your "Lord" references?

I could be wrong but I dont think I am because its a word not a title...if that makes sense.... :?:

I will ask my Pastor

MOBB DEEP
10-07-2009, 05:50 PM
Amazingly, Monday's game was the highest-rated cable show EVER! Something tells me it had nothing to do with AJ Hawk... 8-)

Sorta explains the fact that a sports illustrated poll ranked favre as the most overrated player in NFL; SO much coverage/exposure certainly can draw the ire of other players and ppl in general (a few cats here maybe?).

The poll would surely read differently now after MNF and last second heroics; current poll was taken before week 2!

T.O. and Eli were ranked high as well

gex
10-07-2009, 10:13 PM
Amazingly, Monday's game was the highest-rated cable show EVER! Something tells me it had nothing to do with AJ Hawk... 8-)

Sorta explains the fact that a sports illustrated poll ranked favre as the most overrated player in NFL; SO much coverage/exposure certainly can draw the ire of other players and ppl in general (a few cats here maybe?).

The poll would surely read differently now after MNF and last second heroics; current poll was taken before week 2!

no shit..... highest ever?

THEE FAVRE 8-)

Tyrone Bigguns
10-07-2009, 10:25 PM
lord favre

SnakeLH2006
10-09-2009, 01:00 AM

no shit..... highest ever?

THEE FAVRE 8-)

I figured it would be the highest rated cable rating EVER way before this game. Wait till the rematch in week 8 on NATIONAL TV. New records there. Here I thought Brett had 'em all...

http://www.hitfix.com/articles/2009-10-6-vikings-packers-mnf-showdown-sets-cable-records

http://blackchristiannews.com/news/favre2x-large.jpg

It turns out that ESPN dedicated a week of hype to Brett Favre and the "Monday Night Football" showdown between the Vikings and Packers because that's what the American people wanted to see. [And not just to torture the apparent minority of us who weren't so enamored.]

Monday (Oct. 5) night's gridiron matchup averaged 21.8 million viewers, to go with a 15.3 rating. That represented the biggest audience in cable television history and (not surprisingly) the highest ratings in ESPN's history.

The previous cable viewership record was held by last September's "MNF" game between the Eagles and Cowboys, which drew 18.6 million viewers.

As you might imagine, the "MNF" game was Monday's most watched primetime program in households and viewers, as well as all key male and adult demos.

"Last night's record-setting performance clearly demonstrates that big events on ESPN deliver big audiences with content across all our platforms," says ESPN President George Bodenheimer. "In its 40th season, 'Monday Night Football' remains a special place to showcase the NFL's best."

As it stands now, the three most watched cable programs in history (in total viewers) are now a trio of "MNF" telecasts. Number four? "High School Musical 2," of course.

Pugger
10-09-2009, 12:08 PM
I don't know if the game would've been such a draw if it wasn't for the 'revenge' factor. I can't recall another situation like this (an iconic QB retiring and then the public 'divorce' from his old team after 16 yrs and then the 2 teams playing each other in prime time) in the annals of the NFL. There were so many story lines in this game and it was hyped to the max so I'm not surprised to see these ratings. It got so I almost turned off BSPN cuz it was nausiating their love fest for all things Favre. Frankly I'll be happy when the next MN game is behind us no matter who wins. This drama and the rest of this crap is emotionally draining and no fun, really.

Rastak
10-09-2009, 12:31 PM
I don't know if the game would've been such a draw if it wasn't for the 'revenge' factor. I can't recall another situation like this (an iconic QB retiring and then the public 'divorce' from his old team after 16 yrs and then the 2 teams playing each other in prime time) in the annals of the NFL. There were so many story lines in this game and it was hyped to the max so I'm not surprised to see these ratings. It got so I almost turned off BSPN cuz it was nausiating their love fest for all things Favre. Frankly I'll be happy when the next MN game is behind us no matter who wins. This drama and the rest of this crap is emotionally draining and no fun, really.

That's been going on for 10-12 years.....did you almost turn it off all those other years for the same reason? I can sympathize, I really can.

denverYooper
10-09-2009, 12:35 PM

That's been going on for 10-12 years.....did you almost turn it off all those other years for the same reason? I can sympathize, I really can.

I was finally able to understand what my friends have been telling me for years about how annoying it is.

Pugger
10-09-2009, 12:39 PM

You're right, of course. Because he was the Pack's QB we fans didn't notice or dismissed it. While he played in GB most fans ate it up. And we didn't mind the adoration when he played in NY. But now that he is playing for a hated rival it is hard to stomach now. :doh:

Fritz
10-09-2009, 12:46 PM
I've been banging this drum for years. You'd be watching a meaningless preseason game, trying to get a handle on whether that 6th round pick you liked was going to make it as the backup to the backup left guard, and the announcer would be blathering on about the Brett narrative.

Too much myth-making for me.

Great player - not without flaws - headed for the HOF.

But tying an entire television company division - ESPN professional football - to one person is too much.

Tyrone Bigguns
10-09-2009, 12:49 PM
Lord Favre

mraynrand
10-09-2009, 12:59 PM
You're right, of course. Because he was the Pack's QB we fans didn't notice or dismissed it. While he played in GB most fans ate it up.

You know, when his Dad died, it was OK to do the over the top thing, but when ESPN played the Deanna "My Brett..." thing not once, but TWICE during the Packers-Broncos game in '07, I said "ENOUGH." That was unadulterated treacle. I felt empathy for Broncos fans - for BRONCOS FANS! Too much Favre. I stopped watching all that pregame nonsense years ago. It's total bullshit, and now with the shoe on the other foot, it's ten times as painful to listen to the fawning adoration. Brett's shit stinks. That's a fact.

Scott Campbell
10-09-2009, 01:59 PM
It was kind of cool at first for a GB to get all that attention. Then it became a little embarrassing. Now it's morphed into vomit inducing.

Administrator
10-09-2009, 02:02 PM
Lord Favre

Is there a point to the sixth or seventh interation of this?

Administrator
10-09-2009, 02:03 PM
It was kind of cool at first for a GB to get all that attention. Then it became a little embarrassing. Now it's morphed into vomit inducing.

This whole thing has helped him land an endorsement deal with Sears. Some of his old Wrangler commercials are back on the air too. I miss the Visa commercials from a few years ago. That "monday morning armchair quarterback" ad was really funny.

Tyrone Bigguns
10-09-2009, 02:09 PM
Lord Favre

Same point as when Mobb uses it.

Pugger
10-09-2009, 02:50 PM

This whole thing has helped him land an endorsement deal with Sears. Some of his old Wrangler commercials are back on the air too. I miss the Visa commercials from a few years ago. That "monday morning armchair quarterback" ad was really funny.

The Sears ad is pretty funny. I'm grinning just thinking about it right now. :lol:

swede
10-09-2009, 03:30 PM
The Sears ad is pretty funny. I'm grinning just thinking about it right now. :lol:

I don't care for the Sears ad. The concept is funny, and I get that. The gag doesn't get any funnier, though, and it's a pretty long commercial. It's like, "Brent can't make up his mind. Brent still can't make up his mind. And now it's real late and Brent can't make up his mind." It doesn't make me want to buy a TV at Sears.

The Monday morning quarterback was really funny.

Freak Out
10-09-2009, 03:41 PM
Has Deanna put on weight?

MOBB DEEP
10-09-2009, 06:12 PM
Lord Favre

Yeah right; EXACT same point :roll:

Hilarious to me the 1st time i saw it tho

Rastak
10-09-2009, 06:20 PM
Lord Favre

I'll be honest, me too.....the FIRST time.

He does raise a good point (his first)....what is the point of doing that?

gex
10-09-2009, 06:28 PM
Lord Favre

IMO it alot like "Go Pack Go" or other forms of fandom.
Ty is just using it to provoke.

MJZiggy
10-09-2009, 06:30 PM

Yes.

GrnBay007
10-09-2009, 06:32 PM

Yes.

Maybe it's just the difference from post chemo and no chemo. I didn't notice the weight but did think she was wearing a lot of make-up ....way too painted up.

Rastak
10-09-2009, 06:33 PM
Lord Favre

IMO it alot like "Go Pack Go" or other forms of fandom.
Ty is just using it to provoke.

That's all he does so I already picked up on that but the "lord favre" and nothing else always did seem a big odd. For instance, would you consider posting to a thread "go pack go" as a big addition to the discussion?

Maybe in a live game thread.

MJZiggy
10-09-2009, 06:36 PM
She was post chemo at the first posters game when a couple of us shot pictures. She's definitely bigger now. Funny, I noticed her weight, but not the makeup...

GrnBay007
10-09-2009, 06:36 PM
For instance, would you consider posting to a thread "go pack go" as a big addition to the discussion?

I was thinking some people here use "go pack go" as a prayer before a meal. :D

MJZiggy
10-09-2009, 06:37 PM
For instance, would you consider posting to a thread "go pack go" as a big addition to the discussion?

I was thinking some people here use "go pack go" as a prayer before a meal. :D

Some don't? :shock:

Rastak
10-09-2009, 06:39 PM
She was post chemo at the first posters game when a couple of us shot pictures. She's definitely bigger now. Funny, I noticed her weight, but not the makeup...

Tis a rare lad or lass that doesn't suffer from the bigger when older syndrome.

MJZiggy
10-09-2009, 06:41 PM
She's not that old.

Rastak
10-09-2009, 06:42 PM
She's not that old.

Still in her 20's?

edit: OK, 30's isn't old......

MOBB DEEP
10-09-2009, 06:47 PM
Ice Cube on Total Access NFLN

Rastak
10-09-2009, 06:48 PM

I think the final episode of 90210 is on.....saw the wife watching it from her sickbed.

Administrator
10-09-2009, 07:06 PM
Lord Favre

I am pretty confident that your comedic skills need work.

MOBB DEEP
10-09-2009, 07:52 PM

I think the final episode of 90210 is on.....saw the wife watching it from her sickbed.

woodbuck27
10-10-2009, 07:43 AM
Player of the week NFL Offense NFC (Week 4):

Brett Favre QB - Minnesota Vikings

Defense:

Darren Sharper S - New Orleans

MichiganPackerFan
10-10-2009, 08:18 AM
Lord Favre

Agree - that was simply funny!

pbmax
10-10-2009, 08:53 AM
Lord Favre

I am pretty confident that your comedic skills need work.
I am pretty confident that as a commentary on posters whose most common contribution is essentially "Wow, Player X is fantastic!", that the comedy here stands up well.

Of course, there always is a point where even a good joke runs its course.

pbmax
10-10-2009, 08:54 AM

Defense:

It's like 2001 all over again. :lol:

Bossman641
10-10-2009, 09:30 AM

Defense:

Fire TT

woodbuck27
10-10-2009, 10:06 AM
Favre shines against former squad as Vikes downs Pack

http://sports.sportsrumble.com/merge/tsnform.aspx?c=sportsrumble&page=nfl/news/news.aspx?id=4258579

It was a picture-perfect night for Favre, who turns 40 this Saturday. Starting his NFL-record 273rd straight game, Favre, who holds every significant career passing record, set a milestone by becoming the first QB in league history to beat all 32 NFL teams. He connected on 24-of-31 passes.

" I was about as nervous as I've ever been before a game going into this one," said Favre. "I didn't think I would be, but when I got to the hotel yesterday it kind of dawned on me.

"I had church today at 3 o'clock and I was sitting there and throwing all kinds of prayers out. I said 'man I'm losing it.' But I'm so thankful the way this game went and we were able to win it. The good lord answered my prayers I guess. " Brett Favre

Re: Favre's return to Lambeau Field on Nov. 01, 2009

"The preparation will be difficult again," said Favre. "I'm not really going to focus on where we're playing. It's going to be tough either way, as it was tonight. But I hope the Packer fans know how I feel about them.

"I know what it's like to be on the other side. That's pretty tough. I've been able to see both the good Lambeau, and the good and the bad here. I've had cheering against us, but it was awesome here tonight. That was a great environment here tonight and it will be in several weeks." Brett Favre

Scott Campbell
10-10-2009, 10:25 AM
I sure hope the Packers put up a better fight in Lambeau.

gex
10-10-2009, 12:16 PM
I know there is a Birthday thread already but this must be posted in thee official Favre thread.

Happy Birthday Brett L. Favre!!!!

This is the only thread that he reads. :lol:

Scott Campbell
10-10-2009, 12:54 PM
http://www.campphillip.com/home/2195/2195//images/4082/Kissing%20a%20life-size%20poster%20of%20Brett%20Favre%20-%20Leah%20Schlecht,%20Callie%20Dublinski,%20Kayla% 20Stone%20and%20Sarah%20Jones%20-%20Summer%202008.JPG

Bossman641
10-10-2009, 12:58 PM
http://www.campphillip.com/home/2195/2195//images/4082/Kissing%20a%20life-size%20poster%20of%20Brett%20Favre%20-%20Leah%20Schlecht,%20Callie%20Dublinski,%20Kayla% 20Stone%20and%20Sarah%20Jones%20-%20Summer%202008.JPG

Are you trying to stir up some jealousy here?

retailguy
10-10-2009, 01:36 PM
I thought posting pictures of forum members was against the rules? Gex should lodge a formal complaint.

woodbuck27
10-10-2009, 02:41 PM
Favre Facts and possible projection:

Brett Favre has 19 career touchdown passes against the Rams who entertain the Vikings this week, and at least one in each of his 11 games Vs the Rams. Six of those TD's came last season in the Jets Vs Rams game.

Favre turns 40 today (Sat. 10 Oct. 2009) and becomes the 12th 40-year-old quarterback to start in the Super Bowl era (since 1966). No 40 year old QB has ever won an NFL playoff game.

Bretsky
10-10-2009, 03:12 PM

are those four of your wives :?:

MOBB DEEP
10-10-2009, 09:32 PM
I thought posting pictures of forum members was against the rules? Gex should lodge a formal complaint.

LOL

MOBB DEEP
10-11-2009, 12:16 PM
Favre is continuing where he left off MNF; just put on a CLINIC on vikes 1st drive. 5/6 for 66 yards and a laser off back foot to Percy (BEAST) Harvin

Jared Allen killn em too!

Tyrone Bigguns
10-11-2009, 12:23 PM
lord favre

MOBB DEEP
10-11-2009, 12:27 PM
Favre trying to go 5-0 for 1st time in career

I thought for sure he accomplished that with Reggie'nem

MOBB DEEP
10-11-2009, 12:27 PM
lord favre

:wink:

gex
10-11-2009, 01:52 PM
This is a good B-day present for Favre too!!

MOBB DEEP
10-11-2009, 01:56 PM
oh yeah bamas, favre is 3rd in nfl qb rating as of yesterday

2 ints in 5 games shocks even me

woodbuck27
10-11-2009, 02:24 PM
oh yeah bamas, favre is 3rd in nfl qb rating as of yesterday

2 ints in 5 games shocks even me

Favre's 2nd pick of 2009 season a forced throw into alot of coverage:

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2009101107/2009/REG5/vikings@rams#tab:watch

but . . . Favre keeps slingin' em. Check out the 47 yard pass play Favre to S. Rice after that pick. Great concentration by Rice as he's interfered with during that route:

Jared Allen is having an amazing day for the Vikings as well.A fumble recovery for a TD and a second fumble recovery deep in Viking territory at their 2 yard line to thwart a Rams score.

Note:

Favre and the Vikings also will have a 5-0 record after today as it's 31-3 Vikings with 10 minutes remaining in the game. Favre today Vs. the Rams is 18 for 24 for 232 yards and 1 TD, 1 Pick, QB Rating 101. Favre's numbers for the season to this time:

Passing about 68%, QB Rating about 104, 9 TD's, 2 Picks and about 1070 yards.

Vikings HC Brad Childress makes a smart move and takes both AP and Favre out of the game with over 6 minutes remaining in the 4th quarter. Tavaris Jackson in at QB ( Chester Taylor at RB) and has the Vikings on a long drive to the Rams 1 yard line at the 2 minute warning. TD by C. Taylor. Vikings 38 Rams 10.

MOBB DEEP
10-11-2009, 02:36 PM
tavaris in

favre 232 yards, 18-24, td

LORD

MOBB DEEP
10-11-2009, 02:38 PM
Favre's numbers for the season to this time:

And what is he? like 90 yrs old?

Phenom

MOBB DEEP
10-11-2009, 02:39 PM
This is a good B-day present for Favre too!!

BINGO

woodbuck27
10-11-2009, 02:40 PM
Favre's numbers for the season to this time:

And what is he? like 90 yrs old?

Phenom

He's playing like 40 going on 30 years old. :D

He starts at 5-0 for the first time in his career.

Pugger
10-11-2009, 07:06 PM
It looks like the MN and SL final score today was close to the final when we played the Rams. I almost feel sorry for the Rams. There are a few lousy teams this year. There are 4 winless teams (depending upon what TN does) and 6 teams with only one win. If you read some of the forums online you would swear the Packers are winless too. :roll:

pbmax
10-11-2009, 07:09 PM
The Vikings let the Rams go up and down the field several times, and each time except for the Bulger TD, the Rams coughed it up rather than score. I think there are points to be had against this defense.

Rastak
10-11-2009, 07:11 PM
The Vikings let the Rams go up and down the field several times, and each time except for the Bulger TD, the Rams coughed it up rather than score. I think there are points to be had against this defense.

Not sure about points PB but there sure as hell is yards to be had from what I'm seeing.

pbmax
10-11-2009, 09:46 PM

Not sure about points PB but there sure as hell is yards to be had from what I'm seeing.
I would counter that its hard to continue that pace of turnovers and its eventually going to cost them, but then I would need to re-explain the 2007 Packer defense. :lol:

woodbuck27
10-11-2009, 10:39 PM

A soft game by the Vikings (a Viking fan) should hope. :D Too bad they couldn't just mail in the 'W'.

packerbacker1234
10-12-2009, 12:07 AM

A soft game by the Vikings (a Viking fan) should hope. :D Too bad they couldn't just mail in the 'W'.

Game was over by the midway point of the first quarter. Pretty sure it was all mailed in today.

This is different: The vikings dominated the Rams throughout the game. Yeah, they moved the ball, and didn't score. Meanwhile, it took the packers until the 4th quarter to put them away. Not acceptable.

Either way, it was a rather boring game. Vikings didn't even need to show up to get this W. Aint too worried about giving up yards: They are not giving up points. Look at us. We drove on them many times and came away empty. Its' what our D did to everyone in 07. It can work. Bend, don't break.

Pugger
10-12-2009, 09:33 AM
When the Pack played the Rams there was really no time that I thought St. Louis was gonna win. The only reason the Rams were in the game until the 3rd was because the Pack didn't get TDs on those turnovers early in the game.

Harlan Huckleby
10-12-2009, 09:48 AM
I like seeing Favre play well. So far I haven't heard too much Thompson-bashing as a result of Favre success, perhaps because this is the season of more legitimate Thompson bashing.

The Vikings will win the Super Bowl if Favre avoids the late season slump he's been prone to in his retirement years.

denverYooper
10-12-2009, 10:01 AM

Game was over by the midway point of the first quarter. Pretty sure it was all mailed in today.

This is different: The vikings dominated the Rams throughout the game. Yeah, they moved the ball, and didn't score. Meanwhile, it took the packers until the 4th quarter to put them away. Not acceptable.

Either way, it was a rather boring game. Vikings didn't even need to show up to get this W. Aint too worried about giving up yards: They are not giving up points. Look at us. We drove on them many times and came away empty. Its' what our D did to everyone in 07. It can work. Bend, don't break.

Yeah, but "bend but don't break" is quite a change from "stout run-stopping D" that the Vikes have been known as. The potential problem for Minny is that they've gotten 4 turnovers in 2 weeks now from opponents in scoring position. There's some luck involved in that. To some extent, they're relying on them to win. It's a defensive strategy that Packer fans have been familiar with for the last 20 or so games. It's fun when it goes well. Not so much when it doesn't

Don't get me wrong, their D has playmakers, but they are not as stout against the run as in days of yore. In fact, they are 10th right now in YPA, behind GB. They dropped from #1 last year. And that is with a better offense, which also helps the D.

MOBB DEEP
10-16-2009, 09:37 AM
Interestingly, Bert's last 10 games are polar opposites. 2 TDs and 9 picks in NYJ's last 5 games (1-4 record) and 9 TDs and 2 picks (1 was a tipped ball) for Minny (5-0 record). Merely more proof that he is THE difference maker

Had he not gotten INJURED......

Herm Edwards said this week that people continually underesimate just home much better he makes cats around him. He has that "it" that you cant teach; plus he's on a mission now/focused like I knew he would be considering the stakes. NO WAY he would comeback to the NFCN/queens and NOT be single-minded. Not like he has any distractions at his stage in life and has a wealth of knowledge about the game in general and WCO specifically

Some Minny reporter talked about how the comraderie in the lockeroom is off the chart and how from day 1 Bert has endeared himself to cats (both young and old). Obviously his good play also has made believers out of the youngns and reinforced legend with vets

Bert and Jared Allen, who Prime Time and some other reputable cat on ESPN considers the league MVP at this point, are carrying this squad. With teams semi-corraling AD it's been on Bert to handle his business. He's delivering and it's such a sight to see. NO WAY i would be as into this NFL season had he not returned. Thanks #4

woodbuck27
10-16-2009, 11:23 AM
I like seeing Favre play well. So far I haven't heard too much Thompson-bashing as a result of Favre success, perhaps because this is the season of more legitimate Thompson bashing.

The Vikings will win the Super Bowl if Favre avoids the late season slump he's been prone to in his retirement years.

This week will inform us more on the real quality of the Viking team. Baltimore needs to bounce back somehow. This game is important for both sides. I believe that the Vikings will be more realistically on the two year program.

Then there are two other teams. The Saints and the Giants that look very good to go to the Super bowl. Philly may be there as well but right now look to be outside of the Saints and Giants.

woodbuck27
10-16-2009, 11:33 AM

Yeah, but "bend but don't break" is quite a change from "stout run-stopping D" that the Vikes have been known as. The potential problem for Minny is that they've gotten 4 turnovers in 2 weeks now from opponents in scoring position. There's some luck involved in that. To some extent, they're relying on them to win. It's a defensive strategy that Packer fans have been familiar with for the last 20 or so games. It's fun when it goes well. Not so much when it doesn't

Don't get me wrong, their D has playmakers, but they are not as stout against the run as in days of yore. In fact, they are 10th right now in YPA, behind GB. They dropped from #1 last year. And that is with a better offense, which also helps the D.

Jared Allen was again huge Vs the Rams and that helped a final score in a game that was not in doubt, yet could easily (given the Rams offense) have been closer on the score board.

Bossman641
10-16-2009, 01:34 PM
Interestingly, Bert's last 10 games are polar opposites. 2 TDs and 9 picks in NYJ's last 5 games (1-4 record) and 9 TDs and 2 picks (1 was a tipped ball) for Minny (5-0 record). Merely more proof that he is THE difference maker

Why don't you go look up his stats over the past 1/4 of the season from the past 4-5 years? There is a slide every year. Now, this year he has lucked out with the way the Viking schedule is set up and only having 1 cold weather game at Chicago. Please don't act like last year was some type of anomaly.

woodbuck27
10-16-2009, 01:41 PM

Why don't you go look up his stats over the past 1/4 of the season from the past 4-5 years? There is a slide every year. Now, this year he has lucked out with the way the Viking schedule is set up and only having 1 cold weather game at Chicago. Please don't act like last year was some type of anomaly.

Favre was injured in the last third of last seasn (the Jets). In 2007 he only lost 3 regular season games on a team that was being dismantled. Secondly you cannot use the past as an absolutely accurate predictor when it comes to a sports team players performance.

Bossman641
10-16-2009, 01:57 PM

Favre was injured in the last third of last seasn (the Jets). In 2007 he only lost 3 regular season games on a team that was being dismantled. Secondly you cannot use the past as an absolutely accurate predictor when it comes to a sports team players performance.

Dismantled?

December 07 stats - 6 TD, 5 INT, 62.5%, 85.5 rating
06 - 4 TD, 8 INT, 53.8%, 62.2 rating
05 - 0 TD, 9 INT, 56.8%, 49.6 rating

His stats were all significantly worse then the rest of the year. Right, you cannot use past performance as an absolute indicator, but I'm fairly certain it's a more accurate indicator then hope and prayer - which is what you're banking on.

GrnBay007
10-16-2009, 08:22 PM
Many have slammed Favre for his work ethic. While I understand most were directing that at training camp....thought this article was interesting.

http://www.twincities.com/vikings/ci_13560222

gex
10-16-2009, 11:26 PM

I see you are already setting up your excuses :oops:

Partial
10-16-2009, 11:47 PM

Well, it basically was. 2007 he took a team on his back to the championship game. Without his steady play I highly doubt they would have overcame the 0-14 deficit they were in against Seattle.

That said, can't really argue with the rest. I don't see why this is relevant, though. Without a doubt Favre is a difference maker and super star at QB still...

Maybe he won't be in January, it's far too early to tell, but I would bet my bottom dollar that his team makes the playoffs.

retailguy
10-16-2009, 11:53 PM
Well, it basically was. 2007 he took a team on his back to the championship game. Without his steady play I highly doubt they would have overcame the 0-14 deficit they were in against Seattle.

That said, can't really argue with the rest. I don't see why this is relevant, though. Without a doubt Favre is a difference maker and super star at QB still...

Maybe he won't be in January, it's far too early to tell, but I would bet my bottom dollar that his team makes the playoffs.

yeah, he was a big reason that they got into the playoffs and he played well in the seattle game, but not in the giants game, nor the bears game that year either.

i think someone posted that his stats fell that year late in the year too. and he def choked when the time came. that wasn't so good.

i wonder the % of teams that start 5-0 that don't make the playoffs? I'd think it pretty small...

woodbuck27
10-17-2009, 07:47 AM
Many have slammed Favre for his work ethic. While I understand most were directing that at training camp....thought this article was interesting.

Favre's dedication to the game and his team remains a question mark that alarms me. I've only seen him as giving all he can. He knows he's running out of time to be on another Super Bowl winning team and he's going all out this season. Maybe he believes if he gives all he can he'll be the difference maker. Who could knock that?

Thanks for that story 007. :D

Scott Campbell
10-17-2009, 08:00 AM

He's put those kind of film room hours in since Holmy was here.

woodbuck27
10-17-2009, 08:12 AM
Love and respect for Favre and A. Peterson in Minnesota - a Viking OL hanging tight and their discussion of Favre and AP while breaking bread:

http://www.vikings.com/media-vault/videos/O-Line-Confidential-Minnesota-Vikings/61cbeff7-eb68-4581-94e7-2f084b835e96

woodbuck27
10-17-2009, 08:18 AM
NFL Network: Favre Factor (00:03:57:02)

http://www.vikings.com/media-vault/videos/O-Line-Confidential-Minnesota-Vikings/61cbeff7-eb68-4581-94e7-2f084b835e96#?id=b49a7bc5-59bc-4da6-995e-f94216fa27ac

MOBB DEEP
10-17-2009, 03:39 PM

Lovely...

MOBB DEEP
10-17-2009, 03:52 PM
NFL Network: Favre Factor (00:03:57:02)

http://www.vikings.com/media-vault/videos/O-Line-Confidential-Minnesota-Vikings/61cbeff7-eb68-4581-94e7-2f084b835e96#?id=b49a7bc5-59bc-4da6-995e-f94216fa27ac

Both good stuff

Freak Out
10-18-2009, 12:09 PM
DAYUM!

woodbuck27
10-18-2009, 12:18 PM
http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2009101803/2009/REG6/ravens@vikings#tab:watch

Favre and the Vikings strike fast:

TD V.Shiancoe 19 yd. pass from B.Favre (R.Longwell kick is good) Drive: 6 plays, 61 yards in 3:35

Vikings 7 - Ravens 0.

woodbuck27
10-18-2009, 12:28 PM
Favre strikes again.

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2009101803/2009/REG6/ravens@vikings#tab:watch

TD B.Berrian 4 yd. pass from B.Favre (R.Longwell kick is good) Drive: 7 plays, 55 yards in 3:21

Favre 7 of 8 ... for 89 yards and 2 TD's

Vikings 14 - Ravens 0

Kiwon
10-18-2009, 03:05 PM
Ravens 31 Vikes 30 - 3:37 left in 4th Qtr.

Farve has another game winning drive?

Gunakor

Favre has another game winning drive?

Looks like it.

imscott72
OMG Brett is gonna do it again..I'm sick

Jimx29
10-18-2009, 03:06 PM

Favre has another game winning drive?kinda looks like it 8-)

MJZiggy
10-18-2009, 03:07 PM
This'd be a good time for a pick...

Scott Campbell
10-18-2009, 03:11 PM
With a great opportunity to put the Vikings up by more than a FG, Chilly just took the ball out of Brett's hands on those last three plays.

retailguy
10-18-2009, 03:12 PM
With a great opportunity to put the Vikings up by more than a FG, Chilly just took the ball out of Brett's hands on those last three plays.

He's watched all those late game GB replays... Maybe he's not as stupid as we all thought?

imscott72
10-18-2009, 03:13 PM
plenty of time here for the Ravens to get in position

red
10-18-2009, 03:15 PM
come on ravens

steve823
10-18-2009, 03:17 PM
looking good so far

steve823
10-18-2009, 03:18 PM
steve hasuchka haha funny name

red
10-18-2009, 03:19 PM
come on guy

The Leaper
10-18-2009, 03:19 PM
Damn...Flacco has 380+ passing? If only we had an OL.

Gunakor
10-18-2009, 03:20 PM
Wide left

red
fuck

bad snap

imscott72
Vikings luck out again

Scott Campbell
10-18-2009, 03:24 PM
Vikings luck out again

If I'm a Viking fan, I'm happy about this win, but not so happy with Chilly.

FritzDontBlitz
10-18-2009, 03:24 PM
WOW. :shock:

Sometimes its better to be lucky than good.

Bossman641
10-18-2009, 03:35 PM
Cannot believe that shit. Vikings have definitely gotten their share of luck on the year.

BTW, let me just say that Frank Walker sucks

Fred's Slacks
10-18-2009, 03:35 PM
WOW. :shock:

Sometimes its better to be lucky than good.

If you play the Lions you don't need either. :lol:

MOBB DEEP
10-18-2009, 03:40 PM
Vikings have definitely gotten their share of luck on the year.

It's more like they got that "it" on their side. As in LORD FAVRE....nuff said, G.O.A.T.

Cant wait til Rastak's half-empty tail gets back from the game and fills us in on how spectacular that last GO-FOR-IT bomb looked in person

Favre #1, Aaron #2 in division....GOTA love it!

MOBB DEEP
10-18-2009, 03:43 PM

QFT

GrnBay007
10-18-2009, 03:48 PM
Exciting 4th Q in the Viking/Raven game! wow!

FritzDontBlitz
10-18-2009, 03:49 PM
Vikings luck out again

I hear ya there. Childress and Bevell suck at running the WCO. They only ran one slant in the second half - and it went for like 50 yards. Hardly any play action the entire game and their red zone calls were mind-numbing.

Exciting finish, though.

MOBB DEEP
10-18-2009, 03:52 PM
Vikings luck out again

I hear ya there. Childress and Bevell suck at running the WCO. They only ran one slant in the second half - and it went for like 50 yards. Hardly any play action the entire game and their red zone calls were mind-numbing.

Exciting finish, though.

+2

FritzDontBlitz
10-18-2009, 03:56 PM
Is that #41 who got torched by Sidney Rice the same Frank Walker that used to ride the bench in Green Bay?

BallHawk
10-18-2009, 03:56 PM
Cant wait til Rastak's half-empty tail gets back from the game and fills us in on how spectacular that last GO-FOR-IT bomb looked in person

Yes, Favre is the only QB in the league who can throw it deep on Frank fucking Walker.

GrnBay007
10-18-2009, 03:57 PM
Fun to watch Jared Allen.....he's a BEAST!

BallHawk
10-18-2009, 04:00 PM

If you love watching players who play dirty and want to hurt people...yeah he's a lot of fun.

Bossman641
10-18-2009, 04:01 PM

QFT

How the fuck is that an excuse? The Vikings play at GB on Nov 1. After that, they are all either warm weather or dome other than at Chicago late in the year.

That's not an excuse, that's fact.

Maybe Favre will play well all year because he doesn't have to play outdoors in the cold. Maybe he will get worn down and will struggle down the stretch again. I don't know. I do know how the Vikings schedule is set up though.

MOBB DEEP
10-18-2009, 04:01 PM

Current MVP according to Prime Time and Dilfer

MOBB DEEP
10-18-2009, 04:03 PM

If you love watching players who play dirty and want to hurt people...yeah he's a lot of fun.

PROVE that!

If it were true, folk would be sayn it.....

Bossman641
10-18-2009, 04:03 PM

It's more like they got that "it" on their side. As in LORD FAVRE....nuff said, G.O.A.T.

I didn't know Favre had the ability to make opposing kickers blow makeable FG's.

MOBB DEEP
10-18-2009, 04:06 PM

QFT

How the fuck is that an excuse? The Vikings play at GB on Nov 1. After that, they are all either warm weather or dome other than at Chicago late in the year.

Maybe Favre will play well all year because he doesn't have to play outdoors in the cold. Maybe he will get worn down and will struggle down the stretch again. I don't know. I do know how the Vikings schedule is set up though.

U're spot on but relax

Partial
10-18-2009, 04:06 PM
Yeah, don't give Favre any credit at all for making a spectacular play (yet again) to put his team ahead to win the game. His team put up 33 points against one of the best (if not the best) Ds in the NFL.

Favre has been dominant this year and after today (I didn't watch the game, just read the summary and box score) he's probably the NFL's co-MVP with Peyton making them the first four-time MVPs.

I hate homers.

Rastak
10-18-2009, 04:08 PM
Damn. Vikings flat out kicked their ass for 3 quarters and damn near blew it. They were down to safeties playing corner for a while there. Paymah is strictly a special teams guy and shouldn't even be allowed on the field.

Hats off to the Ravens for never giving up though. They got dominated for a good portion of the game. Allen was bullrushing Oher all game long.

Favre had a bit of a cold streak midgame but just nailed a few great passes and deserves a ton of the credit for the win.

MOBB DEEP
10-18-2009, 04:09 PM
Yeah, don't give Favre any credit at all for making a spectacular play (yet again) to put his team ahead to win the game.

EXCELLENT throw btw!

MOBB DEEP
10-18-2009, 04:11 PM
Favre had a bit of a cold streak midgame but just nailed a few great passes and deserves a ton of the credit for the win.

BOOM.....

How did that last bomb look in person Ras?

Whatsup with QB rankings?

Stop being half-empty, you guys have MOST talent in NFL

U love favre now?

FritzDontBlitz
10-18-2009, 04:11 PM

QFT

Maybe Favre will play well all year because he's not playing for a coach who needs him to throw 40-50 times a game in the first half of the season because he has no running back production due to a shitty blocking scheme.

Rastak
10-18-2009, 04:14 PM
MOBB, pass was dead on to Rice and a helluva catch. Rice has fantastic hands and he's really coming into his own.

MOBB DEEP
10-18-2009, 04:18 PM
MOBB, pass was dead on to Rice and a helluva catch. Rice has fantastic hands and he's really coming into his own.

Yeah, Favre says that what he doesnt have speed-wise (cant blieve he got caught from behind!) he more than makes up for it in other areas. During telecast thay were commenting on how Favre loves Rice. Interesting since i thought BB would be the man this year for you all

Yal STACKED ras

Bossman641
10-18-2009, 04:18 PM
Yeah, don't give Favre any credit at all for making a spectacular play (yet again) to put his team ahead to win the game. His team put up 33 points against one of the best (if not the best) Ds in the NFL.

Favre has been dominant this year and after today (I didn't watch the game, just read the summary and box score) he's probably the NFL's co-MVP with Peyton making them the first four-time MVPs.

I hate homers.

Let's see, going into today the Ravens were 12th in PPG allowed at 19.4. This year's Ravens D is not nearly as good as what they've had in the past.

24 against KC, 26 against SD, 3 against CLE, 27 against NE, 17 against CIN

If you had watched the game, you'd also know that the Ravens have been giving up big plays which did not happen to them in the past.

Favre played well, they (the Vikings) were lucky Baltimore missed a FG at the end.

I hate the uninformed.

Partial
10-18-2009, 04:20 PM
Giving up big plays... thats because Favre is chucking the ball lights out.

I'm not uninformed. I think defensive rating is a crock of crap. The Ravens offense has been lights out so they've been scoring and giving the opposition plenty of attempts. No team is bullet proof.

The Ravens were lucky the Vikes let them back in the game. Don't be a fool. They were up big.

MOBB DEEP
10-18-2009, 04:21 PM

I hate homers.

Let's see, going into today the Ravens were 12th in PPG allowed at 19.4. This year's Ravens D is not nearly as good as what they've had in the past.

24 against KC, 26 against SD, 3 against CLE, 27 against NE, 17 against CIN

If you had watched the game, you'd also know that the Ravens have been giving up big plays which did not happen to them in the past.

Favre played well, they (the Vikings) were lucky Baltimore missed a FG at the end.

I hate the uninformed.

Be nice bro; Pack won going away...

MOBB DEEP
10-18-2009, 04:23 PM
No team is bullet proof.

The Ravens were lucky the Vikes let them back in the game. Don't be a fool. They were up big.

Partial's kinda smart

And possibly more pragmatic than I am :shock:

BallHawk
10-18-2009, 04:23 PM
His team put up 33 points against one of the best (if not the best) Ds in the NFL.

Partial, they're not even in the top 10 in scoring defense. Stop living in the past.

pbmax
10-18-2009, 04:34 PM

I'm not uninformed. I think defensive rating is a crock of crap. The Ravens offense has been lights out so they've been scoring and giving the opposition plenty of attempts. No team is bullet proof.

The Raven Offense has only been lights out in comparison to previous versions of Raven offenses. They are above average.

Even if they were lights out, then they would have an early lead and force opponents to be one-dimensional (think the Colts this year). And that makes the Defense's job easier.

Football Outsiders do have Baltimore in the top 5 though. Vikes scored on a good D.

mngolf19
10-18-2009, 04:39 PM

I didn't know Favre had the ability to make opposing kickers blow makeable FG's.

Yeah, the Vikes always win because of luck and the Packers lose because of refs. :roll:

GrnBay007
10-18-2009, 04:45 PM
Yeah, the Vikes always win because of luck and the Packers lose because of refs. :roll:

Our friendly Viking fans have to be excited this year! :D

mngolf19
10-18-2009, 04:48 PM

Our friendly Viking fans have to be excited this year! :D

I'd be more excited if they didn't make some of these games a little too exciting at the end if you know what I mean. I also think the bye week can't come soon enough for some of these guys. I was just hoping for 2 wins out of the next 3 before bye. Still on track.

Bossman641
10-18-2009, 04:54 PM

Giving up big plays all year, not just today.

What defensive rating? That's PPG allowed. I don't know how else you want to judge a defense other than by points given up.

Now nice of the Vikings to let the Ravens back in the game. You act like the Vikings were playing prevent defense. Again, I watched the game. Flacco and Ray Rice played lights out in the 4th quarter. Flacco particularly, was taking shots all game long.

Rastak
10-18-2009, 04:57 PM

What defensive rating? That's PPG allowed. I don't know how else you want to judge a defense other than by points given up.

Now nice of the Vikings to let the Ravens back in the game. You act like the Vikings were playing prevent defense. Again, I watched the game. Flacco and Ray Rice played lights out in the 4th quarter. Flacco particularly, was taking shots all game long.

I was there. The Vikings secondary was badly depleted by injury and their tackling was worse than atrocious. Rice played well but the Vikes had them completely stuffed until the defense got tired and started making huge mistakes. Hats off to the Ravens who got completely outplayed most of the game but kept punching back.

BallHawk
10-18-2009, 05:01 PM

PROVE that!

You think I'm the first person to say that Jared Allen is a dirty player?

Do you not read other people's posts on this forum that don't have to do with Favre?

Bossman641
10-18-2009, 05:14 PM

What else do you want me to call it when a kicker misses a FG? The Vikings deserved to win based on how they played the first 50 minutes. They did not deserve to win based on the final 10 minutes.

Bossman641
10-18-2009, 05:18 PM

I was there. The Vikings secondary was badly depleted by injury and their tackling was worse than atrocious. Rice played well but the Vikes had them completely stuffed until the defense got tired and started making huge mistakes. Hats off to the Ravens who got completely outplayed most of the game but kept punching back.

I'm not disagreeing that the Viking D collapsed down the stretch. I do disagree with Partial's statement that the Ravens were lucky the Vikings let them back in it. The Vikings were going after Flacco the whole game and he took a beating. He stood in there and made the throws.

MOBB DEEP
10-18-2009, 05:23 PM
GOTA love how Favre couldnt even look at Raven's FG attempt and had to be told by tavaris that it was a miss...lol....what schism?

Scott Campbell
10-18-2009, 05:24 PM

Pffft.

If you were truly lucky you'd have a Championship by now.

Rastak
10-18-2009, 05:25 PM
Bossman, yea Flacco was good. Allen and Kevin Williams were in his face all game and he delivered. That dude is a very good QB.

MOBB DEEP
10-18-2009, 05:26 PM

PROVE that!

You think I'm the first person to say that Jared Allen is a dirty player?

Do you not read other people's posts on this forum that don't have to do with Favre?

Yep, my main man Michiganpackerbacker made that same contention and I said I dont see it! Thats NOT his rep BH. And I dont even like cats like him normally but give credit where its due; he's a stud PERIOD

MOBB DEEP
10-18-2009, 05:29 PM

I wa actually referring to the bomb that led to PI on that whack Raven DB...either draw flag or give up TD

LORD

MJZiggy
10-18-2009, 05:30 PM

I wa actually referring to the bomb that led to PI on that whack Raven DB...either draw flag or give up TD

LORD

Lord Shiancoe?

MOBB DEEP
10-18-2009, 05:32 PM

LORD

Lord Shiancoe?

BallHawk
10-18-2009, 05:33 PM
GOTA love how Favre couldnt even look at Raven's FG attempt and had to be told by tavaris that it was a miss...lol....what schism?

All is well for now....

MOBB DEEP
10-18-2009, 05:34 PM

Pffft.

If you were truly lucky you'd have a Championship by now.

Funny

packerbacker1234
10-18-2009, 05:50 PM
Favre was dead on today - he definitely did all he could to deserve the win... the vikings defense down the stretch.... not so much.

Flacco is a stud. Safe to say he is prolly a top 8 QB in this league... and at this point in the season it's prolly safe to say favre may be up there too.

MOBB DEEP
10-18-2009, 05:51 PM
Flacco is a stud. Safe to say he is prolly a top 8 QB in this league... and at this point in the season it's prolly safe to say favre may be up there too.

Who's ur top 10?

packerbacker1234
10-18-2009, 06:20 PM

Who's ur top 10?

1. Peyton Manning
2. Drew Brees
3. Brett Favre
4. Eli Manning
5. Joe Flacco
6. Aaron Rodgers
7. Big Ben
8. Matt Ryan
9. Kyle Orton
10. There are a lot of people you can put here. Brady's game today would prolly vault him to at least here, maybe higher. Schaub has been pretty good all season, Cutler has been good for a few games... Palmer has a bunch of game winning drives. It's really up the air here.

This is based on performances of this season alone, not career, or previous accomplishments, being involved.

MOBB DEEP
10-18-2009, 06:26 PM
OMG!

Sal reports that the last chuck to Rice v walker (62 yards in the air) was a run play the Favre audibled out of! Led to game-winning FG...Dayum, what a beast...

Not sure why cats here want to minimize this dude's essence

Like I say to my self when Im wrapping up my 7-11 miles running on the treadmill (10 today), "SOLDIER!"

MOBB DEEP
10-18-2009, 06:27 PM

Who's ur top 10?

1. Peyton Manning
2. Drew Brees
3. Brett Favre
4. Eli Manning
5. Joe Flacco
6. Aaron Rodgers
7. Big Ben
8. Matt Ryan
9. Kyle Orton
10. There are a lot of people you can put here. Brady's game today would prolly vault him to at least here, maybe higher. Schaub has been pretty good all season, Cutler has been good for a few games... Palmer has a bunch of game winning drives. It's really up the air here.

This is based on performances of this season alone, not career, or previous accomplishments, being involved.

Great list; i would DEF put brady in top 5 tho

Chevelle2
10-18-2009, 06:51 PM
lol @ Mobb just talking to himself in this thread.

Partial
10-18-2009, 06:53 PM
What QBs are playing better ball than Favre right now? Manning definitely and maybe Brees (though I'm not sold on Brees). Maybe Brady, too, after today.

BallHawk
10-18-2009, 06:55 PM
What QBs are playing better ball than Favre right now? Manning definitely and maybe Brees (though I'm not sold on Brees). Maybe Brady, too, after today.

You have to look at the assets Favre has though. Not taking anything away from him, but having a defense like that and one of the best RBs of the decade certainly makes your job easier.

Partial
10-18-2009, 06:57 PM
Right, no doubt I agree. That said, he still has it and can make plays when he has to, which is what you want out of a QB. Vikes/Pats 2010 SB?

channtheman
10-18-2009, 06:57 PM

You have to look at the assets Favre has though. Not taking anything away from him, but having a defense like that and one of the best RBs of the decade certainly makes your job easier.

He's also throwing his bombs to receivers this year. How many games do you remember him launching those bombs into triple coverage? He hasn't done that this year so far.

Rastak
10-18-2009, 07:00 PM
Funny quote from Chilly....

“I just told him we’re going to win this football game right here,” Childress recounted. Television replays showed Peterson nodding his head, accepting if not agreeing with the prediction.

Pressed on what made him believe that Baltimore place-kicker Steven Hauschka would miss a 44-yard field goal as time expired, Childress smiled.

“What else am I going to say?” Childress said after Minnesota survived a wild fourth quarter to take a 33-31 victory. “What am I going to tell them? ‘They’re going to beat us right here?’ I’m not going to say that. I stay on the positive side all the time.”

BallHawk
10-18-2009, 07:01 PM
He's also throwing his bombs to receivers this year. How many games do you remember him launching those bombs into triple coverage? He hasn't done that this year so far.

I think that's a combination of defenses having to respect the run more, making receivers more open downfield, as well as some good playcalling my Chilly.

I'm not certain on the last one so Ras would have to back me up, but Chilly's playcalling seems pretty good.

Partial
10-18-2009, 07:04 PM
Wrong thread my bad.

Rastak
10-18-2009, 07:05 PM

I think that's a combination of defenses having to respect the run more, making receivers more open downfield, as well as some good playcalling my Chilly.

I'm not certain on the last one so Ras would have to back me up, but Chilly's playcalling seems pretty good.

He's also letting Favre change plays, something he didn't let Frerotte do. I think having a dude with Favre's experience helps when he's allowed to make adjustments at the line.

Chevelle2
10-18-2009, 07:21 PM

How the fuck can't you be sold on Brees? He's been doing this shit for the past 2, 3 seasons. Jesus.

Rastak
10-18-2009, 07:22 PM

How the fuck can't you be sold on Brees? He's been doing this shit for the past 2, 3 seasons. Jesus.

No kidding.

gex
10-18-2009, 08:11 PM
OMG!

Sal reports that the last chuck to Rice v walker (62 yards in the air) was a run play the Favre audibled out of! Led to game-winning FG...Dayum, what a beast...

Not sure why cats here want to minimize this dude's essence

Like I say to my self when Im wrapping up my 7-11 miles running on the treadmill (10 today), "SOLDIER!"

QFT

The Shadow
10-18-2009, 08:51 PM
OMG!

Aren't you special!

MJZiggy
10-18-2009, 08:55 PM
OMG!

Wait, you're not that guy that falls over himself trying to keep up with a friend of mine on the treadmill next to her are you?

Freak Out
10-18-2009, 08:58 PM

No kidding.

He doesn't have the "it factor" going just yet. :lol:

Partial you are comic genius man.

Partial
10-18-2009, 09:03 PM
Brees is solid but I don't think he is spectacular. I haven't seen him play much so perhaps that is why.

Zool
10-18-2009, 10:03 PM
I guess I'd take 14k yards and 88 TD's in the 3 years before this year and call it pretty damned good.

Partial
10-18-2009, 10:07 PM
I guess I'd take 14k yards and 88 TD's in the 3 years before this year and call it pretty damned good.

I'm not a stats guy, you know this.

pbmax
10-18-2009, 10:08 PM

And you aren't an eyeball guy either (since you didn't watch him). How do you judge players? Magic Eight Ball?

Partial
10-18-2009, 10:10 PM

And you aren't an eyeball guy either (since you didn't watch him). How do you judge players? Magic Eight Ball?

I saw a lot of him in college and a couple times in SD. Don't know, not a huge fan. His teams haven't really won much.

Zool
10-18-2009, 10:10 PM

Seriously. You said you don't watch him but you're not impressed. The guy makes every throw there is to make. He made the Saints a good team again. They can actually run the ball because teams have to respect the pass so much.

Guy is a stud QB.

Partial
10-18-2009, 10:13 PM
I'm not saying he's bad, I'm saying I'm not a fan and he's not one of my guys. If I were building a team and had my choice of any QB in the league, it wouldn't be him. I don't think he'd be in my top 3. That's all I'm saying.

channtheman
10-18-2009, 10:17 PM
I'm not saying he's bad, I'm saying I'm not a fan and he's not one of my guys. If I were building a team and had my choice of any QB in the league, it wouldn't be him. I don't think he'd be in my top 3. That's all I'm saying.

Well yeah I don't think anyone would pick Brees because everyone would pick Peyton Manning. As for your arguments I don't understand. You haven't watched him yet you don't want to use stats. Then you say he hasn't won much either. How do you measure QB's? Wins? If wins only, it's a team game you can't accurately say that a QB is solely responsible for a win.

Partial
10-18-2009, 10:26 PM

Well yeah I don't think anyone would pick Brees because everyone would pick Peyton Manning. As for your arguments I don't understand. You haven't watched him yet you don't want to use stats. Then you say he hasn't won much either. How do you measure QB's? Wins? If wins only, it's a team game you can't accurately say that a QB is solely responsible for a win.

A QB is responsible for winning more than any other element of the equation in my opinion.

Teams that have stud QBs aren't looking for one. Teams that don't have one constantly are. There are many reasons as to why having the star QB makes a team better, and the proof is in the pudding. Teams like the Pats, Colts and Packers were/are always at least decent because of the QB they had always kept them competitive.

pbmax
10-18-2009, 10:30 PM
A QB is responsible for winning more than any other element of the equation in my opinion.
If this is truly your standard, then you will never be able to distinguish the QB from the team.

And Trent Dilfer would have been your MVP in 2000.

Chevelle2
10-18-2009, 10:32 PM
If this is truly your standard, then you will never be able to distinguish the QB from the team.

As would have Kerry Collins in 2008.

Partial
10-18-2009, 10:36 PM

It's the most important, but it's not the only.

On those teams, the QB was not the playmaker. I guess it's not as cut and dry as I tried to put it, but the point is typically the guy that drives the car is the QB.

Bossman641
10-18-2009, 11:20 PM

I saw a lot of him in college and a couple times in SD. Don't know, not a huge fan. His teams haven't really won much.

And yet you love Cutler??

Partial
10-18-2009, 11:21 PM

And yet you love Cutler??

I don't love Cutler, I think he is a pretty darn good QB though. I <3 McNabb and Peyton, that's it.

Deputy Nutz
10-19-2009, 07:34 AM

Teams that have stud QBs aren't looking for one. Teams that don't have one constantly are. There are many reasons as to why having the star QB makes a team better, and the proof is in the pudding. Teams like the Pats, Colts and Packers were/are always at least decent because of the QB they had always kept them competitive.

You simplified way too much here. There wasn't much more Brees could do last year in terms of driving a team. He has had a putrid defense since arriving to N.O and not much of a running game. He is playing for a first time head coach in Peyton. Peyton is good, one of the better coaches in the league, but still a first time coach, putting all the pieces together.

Brees was never given the proper shot to be the long term starter in S.D and that is probably more your judgement on him than anything else.

MOBB DEEP
10-19-2009, 09:43 AM
OMG!

Wait, you're not that guy that falls over himself trying to keep up with a friend of mine on the treadmill next to her are you?

LOL...I have almost fallen a couple of times. Thus I keep my pace moderate; which is more optimal for fat burn anyway

MOBB DEEP
10-19-2009, 10:00 AM
OMG!

Aren't you special!

Since u inquired...I do get a lil arrogant towards the end of my run or when i KNOW im gona get in the zone that day. Mostly because Im a muscualr guy who sprinted and ran the pigskin as a yute; never getting into distance running. All of a sudden in my older age Ive beat my body into submission with the way I train. I can count on 1 hand the days in a month that I DONT run for an houir and 15 minutes before hitting the eliptical for targert heartrate/fatburn. Social life is church, work, gym, and documentaries/sports. Guts are gross (hard to lose mine in my mid 30's even though im a running fool. Guess b/c I love my sugar) whether male or female

Im blessed to actualy like cardio and got good muscle-building genes. So dont mess with me buddy - lol.....

Very narcissistic babble i know...my bad

I like talkn to myself like chevelle says

Perhaps b/c i dont have an expansive social life

MOBB DEEP
10-19-2009, 10:40 AM
Skip Bayless, who is no longer a favre apologist, maintains that Brett has played a lil more consistently than Brees.....