PDA

View Full Version : OFFICIAL BRETT THE LIVING LEGEND THREAD

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46

MOBB DEEP
10-19-2009, 11:00 AM
Vikes/Pats 2010 SB?

Whoever has homefield in playoffs b/w NYG, Saints, and Minny will play Steelers

imscott72
10-19-2009, 11:06 AM
Brees is solid but I don't think he is spectacular. I haven't seen him play much so perhaps that is why.

:roll:

imscott72
10-19-2009, 11:11 AM
OMG!

Like I say to my self when Im wrapping up my 7-11 miles running on the treadmill (10 today), "SOLDIER!"

Wait, you're not that guy that falls over himself trying to keep up with a friend of mine on the treadmill next to her are you?

LOL...I have almost fallen a couple of times. Thus I keep my pace moderate; which is more optimal for fat burn anyway

Not true. Ever try HIIT? High intensity interval training. Go balls to the wall for 2-3 minutes, medium for 2-3, and repeat for 15-20 mins. Best way of all to shred fat. Look it up.

imscott72
10-19-2009, 11:13 AM
Vikes/Pats 2010 SB?

The Giants are built to play anywhere, especially the cold. The Vikes and Saints better hope they have home field or they're done.

denverYooper
10-19-2009, 12:03 PM
Vikes/Pats 2010 SB?

The Giants are built to play anywhere, especially the cold. The Vikes and Saints better hope they have home field or they're done.

Totally agree.

mngolf19
10-19-2009, 12:08 PM
Vikings have definitely gotten their share of luck on the year.

It's more like they got that "it" on their side. As in LORD FAVRE....nuff said, G.O.A.T.

Cant wait til Rastak's half-empty tail gets back from the game and fills us in on how spectacular that last GO-FOR-IT bomb looked in person

Favre #1, Aaron #2 in division....GOTA love it!

I didn't know Favre had the ability to make opposing kickers blow makeable FG's.

Yeah, the Vikes always win because of luck and the Packers lose because of refs. :roll:

Pffft.

If you were truly lucky you'd have a Championship by now.

Exactly. :)

denverYooper
10-19-2009, 12:09 PM
Vikes/Pats 2010 SB?

Dunno about the Steelers, but I'm sure they'll keep themselves in the conversation. Colts sure look good. No better field general than Manning this year. If the donk's D holds up tonight, they are in contention also. Pats look good too. It's like the early 2000s again... Colts, Broncs, Pats, Steelers. Who knows?

It's hard to argue about the NFC teams at this point, with the possible addition of Atlanta.

gex
10-19-2009, 05:43 PM
GOTA love how Favre couldnt even look at Raven's FG attempt and had to be told by tavaris that it was a miss...lol....what schism?

LOL. i just seen that on sportscenter...You think he's having fun this year? :lol:

MJZiggy
10-19-2009, 06:41 PM
OMG!

Like I say to my self when Im wrapping up my 7-11 miles running on the treadmill (10 today), "SOLDIER!"

Wait, you're not that guy that falls over himself trying to keep up with a friend of mine on the treadmill next to her are you?

LOL...I have almost fallen a couple of times. Thus I keep my pace moderate; which is more optimal for fat burn anyway

Well, if you're doing it for the girl (and it's kind of a hard core gym), she's interested.

MJZiggy
10-19-2009, 06:43 PM
BTW, pretty impressive that you guys have managed to jack THE Favre thread...

MOBB DEEP
10-20-2009, 11:13 AM
For those that didnt get a chance to watch the game because of the conflict with Packers game, or no DVR, NFLN is replaying Ravens @ Minny at 9:30 pm EST today

Pugger
10-20-2009, 12:23 PM
Isn't it a tad early to annoint the conference champions seeing it isn't even Halloween? :roll:

Zool
10-20-2009, 12:28 PM
Isn't it a tad early to annoint the conference champions seeing it isn't even Halloween? :roll:

Well the Packers are 2.5 out with a loss to the Vikes basically making it 3.5. Unless you think Chicago has a chance, I'm thinking MN takes it this year.

denverYooper
10-20-2009, 02:59 PM

Well the Packers are 2.5 out with a loss to the Vikes basically making it 3.5. Unless you think Chicago has a chance, I'm thinking MN takes it this year.

Law of small numbers applies so far. Things might look vastly different 2 weeks from now.

woodbuck27
10-20-2009, 03:40 PM
Vikes/Pats 2010 SB?

Dunno about the Steelers, but I'm sure they'll keep themselves in the conversation. Colts sure look good. No better field general than Manning this year. If the donk's D holds up tonight, they are in contention also. Pats look good too. It's like the early 2000s again... Colts, Broncs, Pats, Steelers. Who knows?

It's hard to argue about the NFC teams at this point, with the possible addition of Atlanta.

Yup . One of those teams in the AFC and I'll go with the hot QB in the end. Right to this point that is P. Manning.

The Saints explosion over the Giants is just one game and the Giants will rebound. Not implying that the Saints arn't the class in the NFC at this time.

The Vikings need another season. They must improve on their secondary and game plan on offense to gain more time for the offense on the clock. That means runs and short passing. The quick strike will suck them down. Favre is playing outstanding ball and AP is a great RB but it won't ever be enough with that secondary. The Vikings are 6-0 and should make the playoffs but they need improvement on 'D'.

I see a real chance for the Packers to win a wild card in the NFC.

retailguy
10-20-2009, 05:22 PM

based on what? the OL will keep them out of the playoffs unless there is serious improvement.

imscott72
10-20-2009, 05:27 PM
Vikes/Pats 2010 SB?

Sorry, not this year. As for the Vikings they better get home field throughout or they won't go deep into the playoffs.

gex
10-20-2009, 05:43 PM

based on what? the OL will keep them out of the playoffs unless there is serious improvement.

I agree, unless somehow they manage to win the division, there is going to be teams with better records for those 2 wildcard spots than us.

denverYooper
10-20-2009, 06:04 PM

I agree, unless somehow they manage to win the division, there is going to be teams with better records for those 2 wildcard spots than us.

Who?

Unless the Falcons really shit the bed, I think they'll probably grab one spot.

At this point, we look to be in a mix with the 9ers, Bears, and Iggles for the second.

Football outsiders has us at just over 50/50 to get in.

mmmdk
10-20-2009, 09:00 PM
Happy Bert Mitzva !

Bert is finally coming of age with only 1,1% of passes attempted being intercepted. Very impressive ! Never happened in BFs career before.

Rastak
10-20-2009, 10:41 PM
Happy Bert Mitzva !

Bert is finally coming of age with only 1,1% of passes attempted being intercepted. Very impressive ! Never happened in BFs career before.

Actually better than Alan at this point.

Bretsky
10-21-2009, 08:45 AM
Congrats to the Vikes Rastak; they've put together a nice squad using a combo if trades, draft picks, and free agency.

And if they keep this up you'll have Favre next year too; maybe some offseason drama but it'll be worth it to you.

I've never bought into the he fades hard down the stretch theory...but this year will prove me wrong or right.

He's prone to bad games at the wrong time....and he's poor in terrible weather IMO.

But from my vantage point the Vikes are his perfect fit.

Who'd have thought five years ago this guy would be excelling in the Metrodome.

Go Figure

mmmdk
10-21-2009, 10:27 AM
Congrats to the Vikes Rastak; they've put together a nice squad using a combo if trades, draft picks, and free agency.

And if they keep this up you'll have Favre next year too; maybe some offseason drama but it'll be worth it to you.

I've never bought into the he fades hard down the stretch theory...but this year will prove me wrong or right.

He's prone to bad games at the wrong time....and he's poor in terrible weather IMO.

Go Figure

BF plays in a dome now & Vikes has a super shot at being top seed in NFC with playoffs in dome. Saints play in a dome too...NY is another matter though. SB is in sunny Miami...yet it rained in last SB at Miami.

Vikings has made all the right moves the last 2 seasons; actually some of the best [moves] in the league.

mmmdk
10-21-2009, 10:29 AM
Happy Bert Mitzva !

Who's Alan? :?:

packerbacker1234
10-21-2009, 01:48 PM
I don't think Favre plays poor in bad weather, what he plays poor in is "extreme cold". He use to have ice in his veins and run around naked, but age caught up with him. Last year as a packer, the playoffs were a great example.

First game, it was snowing pretty good, and most consider that some sloppy football weather. What did #4 do? Have one of the single best playoff games of his career. He tore them apart, and and had another one of those under handed while be dragged down passes for some key yards that we hadn't seen in a long time.

Then the next week, no snow this time, no rain, just really damn cold. He had the one nice pass to driver for the score, but we simply couldn't run the ball, he couldn't get it done in the 4th, and I think by OT his body was simply "done". He threw a horrible pick, as he has done before, and then got labeled as "he can't play in bad weather anymore".

The two games against chicago is was really cold and he played bad. Really cold against htye giants and he played bad. He can play in bad weather, just not really cold weather. Bit of a difference.

Freak Out
10-21-2009, 02:05 PM
Favre will not be Minnesota's undoing this year their defense will.

pbmax
10-21-2009, 02:11 PM

Go Figure

BF plays in a dome now & Vikes has a super shot at being top seed in NFC with playoffs in dome. Saints play in a dome too...NY is another matter though. SB is in sunny Miami...yet it rained in last SB at Miami.

Vikings has made all the right moves the last 2 seasons; actually some of the best [moves] in the league.
Why don't the Packers just surrender now? :lol:

Rastak
10-21-2009, 05:23 PM
Happy Bert Mitzva !

Alan Rodgers.

retailguy
10-21-2009, 05:50 PM
Happy Bert Mitzva !

Who's Bert?

mmmdk
10-21-2009, 08:55 PM
Happy Bert Mitzva !

Alan Rodgers.

Thought so :lol:

gex
10-21-2009, 09:42 PM
Happy Bert Mitzva !

Who's Bert?

lol :lol:

gex
10-25-2009, 12:56 AM
What time is the Min-Pit game and what network?

Tyrone Bigguns
10-25-2009, 02:42 AM

jesus freaking christ. You are smart enough to get on the internet and post this message, but can't do a random google.

GrnBay007
10-25-2009, 08:14 AM

FOX @ noon

BallHawk
10-25-2009, 10:48 AM
Looks like the Vikes are gonna be without their star CB for awhile. Winfield's out for 4-6 weeks.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4593260

Rastak
10-25-2009, 10:49 AM
Looks like the Vikes are gonna be without their star CB for awhile. Winfield's out for 4-6 weeks.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4593260yes, lucky one of the weeks is a bye but that one stings.....

BallHawk
10-25-2009, 10:53 AM

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4593260yes, lucky one of the weeks is a bye but that one stings.....

So who's gonna take his space? Paymah?

Rastak
10-25-2009, 10:55 AM

So who's gonna take his space? Paymah?

Benny Sapp, although Paymah may shift to outside in the nickle ans Sapp moves inside. Asher Allen will probably b worked in also. He looked decent in preseason but that's preseason.

gex
10-25-2009, 12:01 PM
Man, no pit-min game on tv here :(

Badgerinmaine
10-25-2009, 03:06 PM
Turnover! Steelers to the house!

Badgerinmaine
10-25-2009, 03:08 PM
Steelers up 10, kicking off to Minn., one minute to play.

Badgerinmaine
10-25-2009, 03:13 PM
Final: 27-17, Steelers. :D :D

Chevelle2
10-25-2009, 03:17 PM
HAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHA

gex
10-25-2009, 03:18 PM
Even tho that will go down in the stats as a Favre pick 6, that ball should have been caught by Taylor. When it hits you right in the hands you cannot deflect it right to the other team :shock:
Guess karma is getting 1 back for the Vikes early season lucky breaks.

Bretsky
10-25-2009, 03:23 PM
Packer nation should be very happy

But any more crying and whining about the Vikings getting all the calls would be way off base after watching the Steelers game

The Division is wide open now

Win next week and we're right there :!:

Rastak
10-25-2009, 03:23 PM

6-1 baby! See how funny stuff is next week..... :wink:

Scott Campbell
10-25-2009, 03:25 PM
Classic. Favre serves up a whopping 14 points to the PIT defense during his massive 4th quarter choke job, and already the excuses have started.

esoxx
10-25-2009, 03:29 PM
The bait has been cast. Will any suckers bite?

imscott72
10-25-2009, 03:31 PM

make that 6-2... :)

Rastak
10-25-2009, 03:32 PM
Classic. Favre serves up a whopping 14 points to the PIT defense during his massive 4th quarter choke job, and already the excuses have started.

He had nothing to do with the end of that game but I bet you feel better about yourself saying that, Funny as hell in a sad sort of way. Check out the highlights when you are bored.

Rastak
10-25-2009, 03:33 PM

Don't count on that!

Scott Campbell
10-25-2009, 03:34 PM

Don't count on that!

I seriously wonder if the Packer will even be favored to win the game.

imscott72
10-25-2009, 03:39 PM

Don't count on that!

I seriously wonder if the Packer will even be favored to win the game.

If they are it won't be by more than a point or two. And that's only because it's at Lambeau.

denverYooper
10-25-2009, 03:44 PM

He had nothing to do with the end of that game but I bet you feel better about yourself saying that, Funny as hell in a sad sort of way. Check out the highlights when you are bored.

This is how it starts.

Scott Campbell
10-25-2009, 04:04 PM

There is a certain euphoria that goes along with the Vikings losing, and Bert collapsing down the stretch. Hell yeah.

The shoe has been on the other foot far too often so far this season, so I'm going to enjoy this. Don't take it personal. :P

Bretsky
10-25-2009, 04:05 PM

Just curious

Did you watch the fourth quarter ??

Bretsky
10-25-2009, 04:08 PM

There is a certain euphoria that goes along with the Vikings losing, and Bert collapsing down the stretch. Hell yeah.

The shoe has been on the other foot far too often so far this season, so I'm going to enjoy this. Don't take it personal. :P

Did you watch the game ?

I'm seriously tring to figure out if your tone is this after seeing how the 4th quarter went down or if you are just throwing arrows without seeing anything.

Scott Campbell
10-25-2009, 04:11 PM
I watched. He looked terrific moving the ball, but he looked horrific scoring points. Unless you're counting PIT points.

The pass to Taylor was high - a typical excited Favre pass. And he didn't take care of the ball on the fumble, and then missed an easy tackle on the return touchdown.

All in all - a great day for Packer fans. And it's 21-0 CIN over CHI!!!

Bossman641
10-25-2009, 04:21 PM
I watched. He looked terrific moving the ball, but he looked horrific scoring points. Unless you're counting PIT points.

The pass to Taylor was high - a typical excited Favre pass. And he didn't take care of the ball on the fumble, and then missed an easy tackle on the return touchdown.

All in all - a great day for Packer fans. And it's 21-0 CIN over CHI!!!

28-0 now

Tyrone Bigguns
10-25-2009, 04:23 PM
the pass to taylor was high.The fumble was his fault.

You want to give credit to him when he makes the plays (or his receiver makes a great catch, a kicker misses), you gotta take the blame when he doesn't. It is just that simple.

packerbacker1234
10-25-2009, 04:28 PM
Favre actually played well down hte stretch. The fumble was rough, especially since he ahd the vikings driving for the lead... but Harvin erased that. The int wasn't on him. Favre and AP were driving again to win late and it bounced off Taylor's hands and into a defenders to end the game. Hardly #4's fault. The pass was a little high, but it's a screen pass, and taylor did have both hands on the ball.

Hardly favre's fault for this loss. He still played well, but they just didn't have the bounces going their way like they did with Baltimore and San Fran. Can't win em all.

They should sitll be favored to beat us. The offense is still dangerous, and that game was tight all the way to the end. The Steelers are most likely not any better then the vikes. THat game is at the dome, and it goes the other way.

MOBB DEEP
10-25-2009, 05:23 PM
I'm seriously tring to figure out if your tone is this after seeing how the 4th quarter went down or if you are just throwing arrows without seeing anything.

par for course

MOBB DEEP
10-25-2009, 05:24 PM

You want to give credit to him when he makes the plays (or his receiver makes a great catch, a kicker misses), you gotta take the blame when he doesn't. It is just that simple.

Bert STILL sucks

Tyrone Bigguns
10-25-2009, 05:26 PM

Bert STILL sucks

Lord Favre!!

Scott Campbell
10-25-2009, 05:38 PM
Favre actually played well down hte stretch......

......for PIT. :lol:

Rastak
10-25-2009, 05:41 PM

Fire up the TIVO studley......

Chevelle2
10-25-2009, 05:45 PM
I like how Favre can throw illegal BLINDSIDE blocks in preseason, but cant even try to tackle a member of the opposing team on a game ending interception.

Bossman641
10-25-2009, 05:51 PM
I like how Favre can throw illegal BLINDSIDE blocks in preseason, but cant even try to tackle a member of the opposing team on a game ending interception.

LOL

That was pretty pathetic to watch, smart but still pathetic. He just sorta fell down.

Scott Campbell
10-25-2009, 05:55 PM

LOL

That was pretty pathetic to watch, smart but still pathetic. He just sorta fell down.

He looked like some scrawny Spaniard in the running of the bulls.

Scott Campbell
10-25-2009, 05:55 PM

Damn straight. I'm gonna wear this one out! :lol:

mngolf19
10-25-2009, 05:59 PM

Damn straight. I'm gonna wear this one out! :lol:

Would you be one of those blaming the refs for losing if this was the Packers? There was a clear bad call in the 4th that could have cost the Vikes the game. Not gonna hear that from me though. Nor would I say Favre was the reason for losing this game. It was a good tough game that just went Pit's way this time. I like the Vikes chances vs. anyone after seeing how they played that game. I actually feel better about them after this one than the last.

Fritz
10-25-2009, 06:04 PM
I'm sorry - I can't help myself. This from the Star-Tribune:

"LaMarr Woodley's 77-yard fumble return and Keyaron Fox's 82-yard interception return on turnovers by Favre allowed the Steelers to turn back Minnesota's repeated comeback attempts"

Tony Oday
10-25-2009, 06:06 PM
Well we all saw how you beat the Vikes...score more points then they do ;)

MOBB DEEP
10-25-2009, 06:07 PM
I like the Vikes chances vs. anyone after seeing how they played that game. I actually feel better about them after this one than the last.

I can see how u feel that way

i WANT pack v pitt in SB but think Minny and Pitt will play

Vikes ar AT LEAST as good as anyone imo; played shaky w/TERRIBLE play calln but "barely" loss

Bossman641
10-25-2009, 06:09 PM
I like the Vikes chances vs. anyone after seeing how they played that game. I actually feel better about them after this one than the last.

Vikes ar AT LEAST as good as anyone imo; played shaky w/TERRIBLE play calln but "barely" loss

Couldn't you say the same exact thing about the Packers?

MOBB DEEP
10-25-2009, 06:09 PM

"LaMarr Woodley's 77-yard fumble return and Keyaron Fox's 82-yard interception return on turnovers by Favre allowed the Steelers to turn back Minnesota's repeated comeback attempts"

lol...why are u even reading that paper anyway? hmmm.......

MOBB DEEP
10-25-2009, 06:12 PM

Couldn't you say the same exact thing about the Packers?

Yes.....and i continue to believe that Pack and Vikes will make postseason when its all said and done. Along with Philly and NYG, Cards, and NO

MOBB DEEP
10-25-2009, 06:14 PM

LOL

He looked like some scrawny Spaniard in the running of the bulls.

Hilarious! stop hating tho; he's balln like a 26 year old on OFFENSE

The Shadow
10-25-2009, 06:21 PM

Just beginning to reach late season form a wee bit early.

jconnor99
10-25-2009, 07:41 PM
http://vikingsmessageboard.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=19924
I found this funny, viking fans already contemplating whether they should retire Favres number after he retires.

MJZiggy
10-25-2009, 07:47 PM
http://vikingsmessageboard.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=19924
I found this funny, viking fans already contemplating whether they should retire Favres number after he retires.

Which time?

MJZiggy
10-25-2009, 07:48 PM

lol...why are u even reading that paper anyway? hmmm.......

Cause at this moment in time, it's DAMN fun!

MJZiggy
10-25-2009, 07:50 PM
Would you be one of those blaming the refs for losing if this was the Packers? There was a clear bad call in the 4th that could have cost the Vikes the game. Not gonna hear that from me though. Nor would I say Favre was the reason for losing this game.

Funny, I just did hear it from you...

Packerarcher
10-25-2009, 08:08 PM
Given the level of competition Brett looked about a 100 times better than Rodgers as he has all season. The Vikes loss today was NOT Favres fault,there may be a game this year that is but today wasn't. It's funny that there are a number of you here talking of Favres late season decline. Rodgers will not have a decline because while a decent QB,he isn't a winner. Claim stats all you want,W/L are all that matter.

channtheman
10-25-2009, 08:12 PM
Would you be one of those blaming the refs for losing if this was the Packers? There was a clear bad call in the 4th that could have cost the Vikes the game. Not gonna hear that from me though. Nor would I say Favre was the reason for losing this game.

:lol:

Tony Oday
10-25-2009, 08:12 PM
Given the level of competition Brett looked about a 100 times better than Rodgers as he has all season. The Vikes loss today was NOT Favres fault,there may be a game this year that is but today wasn't. It's funny that there are a number of you here talking of Favres late season decline. Rodgers will not have a decline because while a decent QB,he isn't a winner. Claim stats all you want,W/L are all that matter.

well if AR is not a winner how does he have a winning record this year? You are blind in your analysis. Favre didn't lose this game by himself but he did lose it.

MJZiggy
10-25-2009, 08:14 PM

If that's your logic, what's your excuse for Favre's 4-12 season? It all comes back to the same stuff. TEAMS win games. If Rodgers isn't, then by your own logic, neither is Favre. I'm sick of hearing that BS.

mngolf19
10-25-2009, 08:30 PM

Stop poking me with a stick. My team lost. :wink:

Packerarcher
10-25-2009, 09:26 PM
If that's your logic, what's your excuse for Favre's 4-12 season? It all comes back to the same stuff. TEAMS win games. If Rodgers isn't, then by your own logic, neither is Favre. I'm sick of hearing that BS.[/quote]

Thank you,you have helped prove a point that I have said here forever. Many here LOVE to blame Favre for some big losses in GB when in fact it was a TEAM effort. Just as a win is,but people are very quick to point fingers and especially at Brett now that he is a Vike. By the way I like Rodgers and think he will be a very good QB. He will NEVER be a Favre,but that's apples to oranges.

The Shadow
10-25-2009, 09:27 PM

Cuckoo, cuckoo, cuckoo!

pbmax
10-25-2009, 09:38 PM
That's genius thinking right there. Its the same strategy all of the game's top GM/owners have used. Snyder, Jones, Wilson, Tannenbaum.

Of course, its beyond the ken of mere mortals like we message board posters to divine that to create a winning team, you might need to look deeper than Wins and Losses at the professional level. Talent, health and performance might make up a part of winning.

But I am sure you are right; what do we know? The Broncos must be the best team in the NFL right now. We can just stop playing and hand them the Lombardi.

MJZiggy
10-25-2009, 09:45 PM
If that's your logic, what's your excuse for Favre's 4-12 season? It all comes back to the same stuff. TEAMS win games. If Rodgers isn't, then by your own logic, neither is Favre. I'm sick of hearing that BS.

Thank you,you have helped prove a point that I have said here forever. Many here LOVE to blame Favre for some big losses in GB when in fact it was a TEAM effort. Just as a win is,but people are very quick to point fingers and especially at Brett now that he is a Vike. By the way I like Rodgers and think he will be a very good QB. He will NEVER be a Favre,but that's apples to oranges.[/quote]

Don't give me that crap. You're trying to say a guy at the end of his career who's had all the time in the world to prove himself is apples to oranges with a young, smart, intense QB in his second year starting. You're right. But not for the reasons you think. You have no idea what Rodgers will have accomplished by the time he's Favre's age. What Rodgers knows, he knows through smarts. What Favre knows, he knows through experience. But if Favre gets the team excuse for 4-12, so does Rodgers for last season. Favre also went 8-8 under Rhodes. Must be an average QB then. If Favre was so great, why was he screaming for "weapons" his last year or two here? Rodgers seems to be doing just fine without them.

Packerarcher
10-25-2009, 10:00 PM

Thank you,you have helped prove a point that I have said here forever. Many here LOVE to blame Favre for some big losses in GB when in fact it was a TEAM effort. Just as a win is,but people are very quick to point fingers and especially at Brett now that he is a Vike. By the way I like Rodgers and think he will be a very good QB. He will NEVER be a Favre,but that's apples to oranges.

Don't give me that crap. You're trying to say a guy at the end of his career who's had all the time in the world to prove himself is apples to oranges with a young, smart, intense QB in his second year starting. You're right. But not for the reasons you think. You have no idea what Rodgers will have accomplished by the time he's Favre's age. What Rodgers knows, he knows through smarts. What Favre knows, he knows through experience. But if Favre gets the team excuse for 4-12, so does Rodgers for last season. Favre also went 8-8 under Rhodes. Must be an average QB then. If Favre was so great, why was he screaming for "weapons" his last year or two here? Rodgers seems to be doing just fine without them.[/quote]

Actually what I meant by the apples to oranges comment was that they are two different types of QB's. Did you really read my post? I said Rodgers will be a great QB,but never a Favre. Let's face it Brett has to many untangables that you can't coach/learn.

digitaldean
10-25-2009, 10:02 PM
Were there years that Favre could have had more weapons? Sure, Ron Wolf said as much and that was his own fault.

And no, Favre didn't single handedly blow the Eagles playoff game or the Giants NFCC game. Coaching gaffes and other players on the defense had a large hand in that.

But let's not kid ourselves, either. Favre's inexplicable hail mary during the Eagles OT playoff loss and the well photographed INT vs. the Giants in the NFCC game weren't anyone else's fault but his own.

Favre made his rep on spectacular play, playing when hurt and rifling a ball in an area that no other QB could hit (e.g., the game at Lambeau vs. the Bengals in '96). Plus some of the plays he made in the 2007 reg. season.

What ran Favre out of here was his incessant Divaness and waffling about retirement. The Packers didn't want to lose Rodgers to FA so they needed an answer. The Packers didn't dump Favre in the offseason, he retired.

AR has shown poise the past 2 seasons. He probably won't be a HOF QB, but VERY few are. But he can be an elite QB that can lead a team to a title.

Bossman641
10-25-2009, 10:05 PM
Were there years that Favre could have had more weapons? Sure, Ron Wolf said as much and that was his own fault.

And no, Favre didn't single handedly blow the Eagles playoff game or the Giants NFCC game. Coaching gaffes and other players on the defense had a large hand in that.

But let's not kid ourselves, either. Favre's inexplicable hail mary during the Eagles OT playoff loss and the well photographed INT vs. the Giants in the NFCC game weren't anyone else's fault but his own.

Favre made his rep on spectacular play, playing when hurt and rifling a ball in an area that no other QB could hit (e.g., the game at Lambeau vs. the Bengals in '96). Plus some of the plays he made in the 2007 reg. season.

What ran Favre out of here was his incessant Divaness and waffling about retirement. The Packers didn't want to lose Rodgers to FA so they needed an answer. The Packers didn't dump Favre in the offseason, he retired.

AR has shown poise the past 2 seasons. He probably won't be a HOF QB, but VERY few are. But he can be an elite QB that can lead a team to a title.

:bclap:

And I'd just like to add that I love Rodgers

Scott Campbell
10-25-2009, 11:50 PM
Let's face it Brett has to many untangables that you can't coach/learn.

You may have just unintentionally coined a term for Favre gaffes.

Scott Campbell
10-26-2009, 12:19 AM
The old guy really absorbed some vicious shots today.

MadtownPacker
10-26-2009, 12:23 AM
All of you are stupid. This was a bad thing for next week. We all know how #4 usually comes back strong after a game like this.

I bet the NFL is pissed they cant flex this game yet.

pbmax
10-26-2009, 12:23 AM
Actually, I could simplify the question here. All that matters are Wins and Losses, except when discussing a Viking loss with Favre apparently. Today, it wasn't his fault. So today, apparently, it isn't all about Wins and Losses.

Which standard should we apply to Rodgers, just so we are talking about the same thing? Or do only 40 year olds get the benefit of the doubt?

pbmax
10-26-2009, 12:25 AM
All of you are stupid. This was a bad thing for next week. We all know how #4 usually comes back strong after a game like this.

They did flex it once, already. From a 1 PM start to 4 PM. Even moved both New York teams' games to the early slot to do it. And that rarely happens.

MadtownPacker
10-26-2009, 12:26 AM

They did flex it once, already. From a 1 PM start to 4 PM. Even moved both New York teams' games to the early slot to do it. And that rarely happens.Im talking about making it the Sunday Night game Casper.

Partial
10-26-2009, 01:17 AM
You guys act as if we have any chance to walk into Heinz field and get a win. Safe money is on the black and yella.

Pugger
10-26-2009, 02:46 AM

+1 :bclap:

Pugger
10-26-2009, 02:50 AM

+1 :clap:

Tyrone Bigguns
10-26-2009, 04:13 AM
Superb post DD.

Bossman641
10-26-2009, 06:26 AM
Let's face it Brett has to many untangables that you can't coach/learn.

You may have just unintentionally coined a term for Favre gaffes.

I see an instructional video in the future - including everything from playing fundamentals to media relations.

Fritz
10-26-2009, 06:49 AM

Thank you,you have helped prove a point that I have said here forever. Many here LOVE to blame Favre for some big losses in GB when in fact it was a TEAM effort. Just as a win is,but people are very quick to point fingers and especially at Brett now that he is a Vike. By the way I like Rodgers and think he will be a very good QB. He will NEVER be a Favre,but that's apples to oranges.[/quote]

Okay, this is the kind of BS that drives me berserk. You tell MJ she helped you prove your point regarding Favre by saying that people love to blame losses on Favre when in fact it's a team effort. That's the bolded line you wrote above. But here's what you wrote just a few posts earlier about Rodgers:

"Rodgers will not have a decline because while a decent QB,he isn't a winner."

Okay, so it's a team sport and wins and losses can't be pinned on individuals, but Rodgers isn't a winner? So he's somehow responsible for wins and losses?

Do you just post something and then forget you posted it?

MOBB DEEP
10-26-2009, 08:22 AM
Ras,

Whats up with Winfield? One report says he's out 4-6 weeks?! Dayum; say it aint so...It was SO clkear that he was missed yesterday. Pitt continually ran and threw to his side. Who's that bama that was there in his place? He had ONE good play, breakn up a game-clinching pass. Ben tested him then for a reason... :evil:

Berrian? How bad is Hamstring?

Rice = stud? or another case where Lord makes a WR better? What college? 2nd rounder? GREAT mathup will be Woodson'nem vs Favre/Minny WRs

Do you think Chilly went away from the run too much? He put it all on Lord and he came through but AD was fresh in the 4th so I thought he could've done some sweeps AND quick hitters

Thanks

Injuries, as usual, will be key for Sunday's game

Bretsky
10-26-2009, 08:26 AM
Losing Winfield really hurts the Vikes; I think that might be what pushes Sunday's game in Green Bay's favor.

Rice....year 3...he's developing into a stud. Glad I picked him up in the New York League

MOBB DEEP
10-26-2009, 08:40 AM
Losing Winfield really hurts the Vikes; I think that might be what pushes Sunday's game in Green Bay's favor.

Totally agree! thought the same thing when I saw the report last night B

Deputy Nutz
10-26-2009, 08:53 AM
What the hell is Favre doing attempting 52 passes? That is just stupid play calling. Especially down on the goal line where they only ran Peterson once. Goofy.

The whole point with signing Favre was that the Vikings weren't going to overuse him. His passing would be second to the run. Really, 52 attempts?

Fritz
10-26-2009, 09:09 AM
Well, to be fair, MM got defensive when asked about his running game, implying that coaches see more than fans and respond to the personnel and situations they see on the field.

On the other hand, in the long-running Favre soap opera, one of the debates on this forum has been whether Favre could or would be a "game manager" all season long. Some here felt he didn't have it within himself to stay reigned in; others felt that Chevel would eventually go to Favre to carry the team. Even Kampman made an indirect reference to how often Favre's passed the last few games, suggesting maybe they were, earlier, just getting Favre in sync with the team before turning him loose.

Me, I wouldn't want Favre to carry a team I coached. Not any more. Heck, I never really wanted that - I'm a bit conservative that way. But that's just me.

I believe that the worm is turning. A season is a series of short stories and too many people want one stretch of games early on to stand for a whole season. But often times the unbeatable team of September is the 9-7 first round playoff knockout.

It's a long year.

Deputy Nutz
10-26-2009, 09:19 AM
The Vikings have scratched there way to 6-1. I haven't seen them play a complete game yet, or finish a game. For example the games against the Packers and the Ravens. They dominated both games but had to win on a missed field goal, and recover two onside kicks against the Pack.

If this team thinks they are going to consistently dominate and beat teams with Favre throwing 52 times then all they have to do is look at yesterday's game as proof.

I am thinking Favre needs more Woody Hayes, then June Jones right now. Run the ball 3 out of 4 plays would do the Vikings good until the defense sells out against the run, and gives Favre single coverage across the field.

pbmax
10-26-2009, 09:25 AM
Well, to be fair, MM got defensive when asked about his running game, implying that coaches see more than fans and respond to the personnel and situations they see on the field.
I read that and didn't get a real defensive vibe, no more than you might get after a follow-up question is very much like the previous question. But I did not hear it or see the video.

But McCarthy is being somewhat obtuse. One of the reasons he is in bad down and distance situations is the penalties. And that means throwing more.

packerbacker1234
10-26-2009, 02:41 PM
The Vikings have scratched there way to 6-1. I haven't seen them play a complete game yet, or finish a game. For example the games against the Packers and the Ravens. They dominated both games but had to win on a missed field goal, and recover two onside kicks against the Pack.

If this team thinks they are going to consistently dominate and beat teams with Favre throwing 52 times then all they have to do is look at yesterday's game as proof.

I am thinking Favre needs more Woody Hayes, then June Jones right now. Run the ball 3 out of 4 plays would do the Vikings good until the defense sells out against the run, and gives Favre single coverage across the field.

They didn't 'have to recover two onside kicks to win', the packers had to recover two onside kicks to have a CHANCE to win.

The vikings had the game against the pack well in hand. It's us that needed some miracle magic to get it done.

HarveyWallbangers
10-26-2009, 03:33 PM
They didn't 'have to recover two onside kicks to win', the packers had to recover two onside kicks to have a CHANCE to win.

The vikings had the game against the pack well in hand. It's us that needed some miracle magic to get it done.

Actually, the Packers had to recover one of two onside kicks. They recovered neither. Sidney Rice made sure of that.

hoosier
10-26-2009, 04:02 PM
The Vikings may be having a hard time finishing games but, as far as I can tell, they are also consistently outplaying their opponents for most of the game. I suppose we can spin that one way or the other: either eventually they will figure out how to close out games and they'll become dominant, or eventually their luck will run out and they'll revert to the mediocre team of the last few years.

I wish I saw the worm turning, but the fact that Favre threw 50 some times and they still came oh-so-close to beating the Steelers in Pittsburgh says to me that they are the best team in the division right now, and probably the second best in the NFC. I am hoping that things will look different a week from now.

sharpe1027
10-26-2009, 05:53 PM
The Vikings may be having a hard time finishing games but, as far as I can tell, they are also consistently outplaying their opponents for most of the game. I suppose we can spin that one way or the other: either eventually they will figure out how to close out games and they'll become dominant, or eventually their luck will run out and they'll revert to the mediocre team of the last few years.

I wish I saw the worm turning, but the fact that Favre threw 50 some times and they still came oh-so-close to beating the Steelers in Pittsburgh says to me that they are the best team in the division right now, and probably the second best in the NFC. I am hoping that things will look different a week from now.

Despite trailing almost the entire game to the Steelers, all the headlines say the Steelers "stole" one from the Vikings or that the Vikings outplayed them. Go figure... :roll:

mngolf19
10-26-2009, 06:02 PM

Despite trailing almost the entire game to the Steelers, all the headlines say the Steelers "stole" one from the Vikings or that the Vikings outplayed them. Go figure... :roll:

Vikes were right there all game, just happened to turn out against them. That was their best game played all year, my opinion. And considering they were going against a top passing team, they looked pretty good without Winfield. Although I'd prefer to have him. Spin seems to be coming from the Vikes concerning his availability this week.

packerbacker1234
10-26-2009, 06:09 PM

If you got to see any of the game: The vikings were physically beating up Pit. They looked like the better team most the game. THe problem was that pit's D did just enough to not let the vikes get in the endzone.

You know, that stript of favre? Wasn't it two plays earlier Favre threw a TD to take the lead that got called back? I mean, the game could of gone any way at the end. However, the vikings did look like the better team. They just can't keep relying on #4 to pull it out in the end. He's still pretty good, but he can't be expected to do it every week. He already did it twice this year, don't keep making him do it every week.

Scott Campbell
10-26-2009, 06:41 PM
If you got to see any of the game: The vikings were physically beating up Pit. They looked like the better team most the game. THe problem was that pit's D did just enough to not let the vikes get in the endzone.

I'd say the PIT D did a little more than that. They scored 14 points in the 4th quarter.

packerbacker1234
10-26-2009, 06:57 PM

I'd say the PIT D did a little more than that. They scored 14 points in the 4th quarter.

Yeah on fluke plays. When the fumble was picked up it was like, favre or a linemen to tackle a LB. Yeah, not happening.

The int? No one over there cept favre who could of stopped it.

I mean shit, Wood had a int this last week that to me was more impressive then either one of those two plays.

Scott Campbell
10-26-2009, 07:00 PM

Yeah on fluke plays. When the fumble was picked up it was like, favre or a linemen to tackle a LB. Yeah, not happening.

The int? No one over there cept favre who could of stopped it.

I mean shit, Wood had a int this last week that to me was more impressive then either one of those two plays.

The Mendenhall fumble inside the 5 was a fluke play. The kickoff return was a fluke play. Take off the purple glasses.

PIT beat MN. Period. No excuses. No moral victories.

Tyrone Bigguns
10-26-2009, 07:07 PM
It is comical reading a packer fan post passionate defenses of the Vikes.

Scott Campbell
10-26-2009, 07:20 PM
Gotta love the one on the right:

http://media.sportsbubbler.com/images/caption1026.jpg

Rastak
10-26-2009, 07:36 PM
Very classy.

Bretsky
10-26-2009, 07:44 PM
Unfortunately the norm

Rastak
10-26-2009, 07:48 PM
Unfortunately the norm

This used to be a good place to talk football but it seems there isn't much left of that.

pbmax
10-26-2009, 07:53 PM
Unfortunately the norm

This used to be a good place to talk football but it seems there isn't much left of that.

Then, B or Ras, ignore the pic, post a good topic or football message and people will respond. No one is going to give you a good football response to the Internet's version of clucking your tongue at an attempt at humor.

Bossman641
10-26-2009, 07:54 PM

Glad I'm not the only one noticing that. We have people going out of the way to blame Rodgers for things, then turning around and looking for any way possible to excuse the Vikings.

Rastak
10-26-2009, 07:54 PM
Unfortunately the norm

Then, B or Ras, ignore the pic, post a good topic or football message and people will respond. No one is going to give you a good football response to the Internet's version of clucking your tongue at an attempt at humor.

Attempt at humor? I don't think so, he isn't that stupid.

Bretsky
10-26-2009, 08:00 PM

Glad I'm not the only one noticing that. We have people going out of the way to blame Rodgers for things, then turning around and looking for any way possible to excuse the Vikings.

Maybe I have blinders on, but I can't only think of one who has at times placed too much blame on AROD in my opinion at least

Scott Campbell
10-26-2009, 08:04 PM
You may not like the pic - anymore than I like Brett throwing that TD against SF. But it's topical. This is the official Brett the Vike thread, and that's my favorite picture of Brett the Vike thus far.

Tyrone Bigguns
10-26-2009, 08:08 PM

Boss,

You don't even need to throw in Arod into this mix. Regardless of Arod, our OL, our defense...throw all that out the door. We have packer fans now defending the Vikes. Looking for reasons not to assess blame on them. What's next? Skin, Howard, Sheep, Wist praising Obama? :lol:

That is how comical it has become.

Tyrone Bigguns
10-26-2009, 08:09 PM

Maybe I have blinders on, but I can't only think of one who has at times placed too much blame on AROD in my opinion at least

You have blinders on.

Scott Campbell
10-26-2009, 08:09 PM
Very classy.

I'm sure you can find plenty of comfort on a Viking board.

Bossman641
10-26-2009, 08:26 PM

Sorry B, I don't know the names. I have seen more than one person talking about how Rodgers just isn't a winner, or can only put up numbers, even people who have gone so far as to say Rodgers "pads" his stat.

Tyrone Bigguns
10-26-2009, 08:28 PM

Sorry B, I don't know the names. I have seen more than one person talking about how Rodgers just isn't a winner, or can only put up numbers, even people who have gone so far as to say Rodgers "pads" his stat.

QFT

gex
10-26-2009, 11:13 PM
Very classy.

I'm sure you can find plenty of comfort on a Viking board.

This forum was sooooo much better when you were gone SC, I've noticed you have well over a 1000 posts on the other Packer forums, why not just stay there.

Bossman641
10-27-2009, 08:51 AM
Interesting words from Butler

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/66155357.html

When Brett comes out you do like any other opposing quarterback, you boo him. If you don’t want to boo him, don’t say anything. But if you’re going to stand up wearing Packer clothing or a Packer uniform and cheer when Brett Favre comes out, you should bring a bag and put it over your head.......

pbmax
10-27-2009, 08:52 AM
Back to Brett.

JSO has an editorial that Packer fans should cheer for Brett when he enters the stadium. After that, scream as per usual at the Vikings. Their reader poll has booing leading the way at double the votes of either cheering or stone silence (which are tied around 24%).

Two questions: What WOULD you like to happen (or what will you do)?

What WILL happen?

I say silence for my preference and I think it will be a mix of boos (not as many as you think) and cheers.

Sparkey
10-27-2009, 11:07 AM

When Brett comes out you do like any other opposing quarterback, you boo him. If you don’t want to boo him, don’t say anything. But if you’re going to stand up wearing Packer clothing or a Packer uniform and cheer when Brett Favre comes out, you should bring a bag and put it over your head.......

:glug: A true packer fan will always root for his team and against its opponent! ALWAYS!

Sparkey
10-27-2009, 11:09 AM
Back to Brett.

JSO has an editorial that Packer fans should cheer for Brett when he enters the stadium. After that, scream as per usual at the Vikings. Their reader poll has booing leading the way at double the votes of either cheering or stone silence (which are tied around 24%).

Two questions: What WOULD you like to happen (or what will you do)?

What WILL happen?

I say silence for my preference and I think it will be a mix of boos (not as many as you think) and cheers.

Wouldn't complete silence be crazy ?

Scott Campbell
10-27-2009, 11:20 AM
Two questions: What WOULD you like to happen .....

I'd like to see him burned at the stake for witchcraft on the 50 yardline. But that probably isn't realistic.

So I'd settle for him leaving the stadium utterly humiliated. And I'm not so sure that will happen either. The Vikings are good, and the Packers are just ok at this point.

Lambeau crowds are notoriously soft, and I'm not sure they can fulfill their potential to make him uncomfortable.

Bossman641
10-27-2009, 11:30 AM
Two questions: What WOULD you like to happen .....

I'd like to see him burned at the stake for witchcraft on the 50 yardline. But that probably isn't realistic.

So I'd settle for him leaving the stadium utterly humiliated. And I'm not so sure that will happen either. The Vikings are good, and the Packers are just ok at this point.

Lambeau crowds are notoriously soft, and I'm not sure they can fulfill their potential to make him uncomfortable.

That's what I'm worried about. Still trying to decide for myself if I want to drop the cash to go to the game. It would be worth it just to boo like crazy. Anyone willing to sponsor my trip? :D I will boo with the intensity of 10+ Rats.

MichiganPackerFan
10-27-2009, 12:15 PM
Truth is, after he retires (and I wait a while to make sure it settled so I don't get taken again) I'll heal. I've worked hard to separate how much I loved his play for 16 years and how much I hate him playing for the hated vikings. I completely understand why he'd want to continue playing football and I completely understand why GB went a different direction. Both of them are ok.

I'm not the type to boo much of anything outside of my officials and the opposing team as they are introduced while at the game. My true hope is that 1. Aaron Rodgers has a great game and the fans are too busy cheering him than giving a shit about Favre.
2. The defense has a great game and the fans are too busy cheering them than giving a shit about Favre.
3. The offensive line has a great game and the fans are too busy cheering them than giving a shit about Favre.
I'm a Packers fan!

Scott Campbell
10-27-2009, 12:28 PM
Truth is, after he retires (and I wait a while to make sure it settled so I don't get taken again) I'll heal. I've worked hard to separate how much I loved his play for 16 years and how much I hate him playing for the hated vikings. I completely understand why he'd want to continue playing football and I completely understand why GB went a different direction. Both of them are ok.

If that were all that happened I think most fans would understand. I know I would. It was the bridge burning on his way out of town that poisoned his relationship with WI.

Deputy Nutz
10-27-2009, 12:30 PM

I would like to put a bag over Leroy Butler's head and beat him with a sack full of oranges. This guy has nothing but crap to say about Favre. He isn't partial, and it is funny because he tries to be an expert on his radio program, and you can't be an expert when you have an agenda against Favre, personal or otherwise.

You want to cheer Favre, it is your choice, you want to boo, that is your choice as well, but don't do something because of what Leroy Butler has to say.

In my opinion Favre deserves to be cheered, and booed.

Bossman641
10-27-2009, 12:37 PM

I would like to put a bag over Leroy Butler's head and beat him with a sack full of oranges. This guy has nothing but crap to say about Favre. He isn't partial, and it is funny because he tries to be an expert on his radio program, and you can't be an expert when you have an agenda against Favre, personal or otherwise.

You want to cheer Favre, it is your choice, you want to boo, that is your choice as well, but don't do something because of what Leroy Butler has to say.

I agree. I'm not taking Butler's word as the gospel. I just think it is refreshing, in a way, to see a former player who thinks like a fan.

Mobb, for instance, goes on and on about how it's all just entertainment and the players don't actually care about the team or the jersey they are wearing.

Zool
10-27-2009, 12:44 PM
If the entire stadium could go silent during the introduction THAT would be impressive.

Deputy Nutz
10-27-2009, 12:48 PM

I agree. I'm not taking Butler's word as the gospel. I just think it is refreshing, in a way, to see a former player who thinks like a fan.

Mobb, for instance, goes on and on about how it's all just entertainment and the players don't actually care about the team or the jersey they are wearing.

Leroy gets payed to come to Wisconsin and support the Packers. A piece of his income comes directly from his support of the Packers. In fact he was no where to be found until Favregate last summer and then he was every where bashing the guy, saying how no other former Packers could even get a hold of him, they didn't even have his number, bla bla bla. Leroy certainly wasn't in the media game to not talk about Favre.

He wants to sell his autograph, and get payed to talk on the radio so he does it in Wisconsin, if he was ultra talented he would be doing talk radio in his native Florida where he resides, he doesn't he does it in Milwaukee where people tune into listen to a Packer Hall of Famer and his input on the team and organization.

Bossman641
10-27-2009, 12:56 PM
From ESPN

Will the Packers find a way to draw attention to Favre during pregame warm-ups Sunday -- to help rev up their crowd, if nothing else? Minnesota hasn’t had players individually introduced all season, either at home or on the road. So we won’t have that moment to tell our grandchildren about. Typically, NFL teams don’t show opposing players on the video screen. Here’s my suggestion, and keep in mind the value is commensurate with the price: Ignore him all together. Carry on pregame festivities as if nothing unusual is going on, and send the message the Packers have moved on from the Favre Era.

The Vikings get to decide who they want to be introduced (offense or defense) or if they even want to be introduced at all, right? I was hoping Favre would be introduced, just to see the reaction.

MichiganPackerFan
10-27-2009, 01:05 PM

If that were all that happened I think most fans would understand. I know I would. It was the bridge burning on his way out of town that poisoned his relationship with WI.

I think that part of what made this so challenging is that Favre was an extremely emotional player. We loved him for it and now some hate him for it. Personally, I was tired of the ESPN drama (take the ESPN drama factor out of the equation and this would NOT have risen to the exponential levels that it did.) We loved him for being competitive. He played all out for us for 16 years. That same fire drove him to play for a rival. I won't be cheering for him on Sunday. I'll boo him with the rest of the lineup. And then I will hope our Defense lives in the backfield. Like I do EVERY sunday!!

channtheman
10-27-2009, 02:54 PM

William Henderson feels the same way that Butler does, and I agree it's refreshing to see some former Packers who really bleed green and gold. Henderson said in an interview with Jim Rome that he won't be able to call Favre or his family to see how they are doing until the season is over.

MichiganPackerFan
10-27-2009, 04:19 PM
William Henderson feels the same way that Butler does, and I agree it's refreshing to see some former Packers who really bleed green and gold. Henderson said in an interview with Jim Rome that he won't be able to call Favre or his family to see how they are doing until the season is over.
In general, I think Henderson has a lot more credibility than does Butler. Loved them both, but William was a "pro's pro"

mmmdk
10-27-2009, 04:28 PM
In general, I think Henderson has a lot more credibility than does Butler. Loved them both, but William was a "pro's pro"

I met Hendo back in 2006 in GB - class act !

Butler just happens to be right too - I don't care if he lives in Florida and makes bucks in Wisconsin. He's still spot on.

Tyrone Bigguns
10-27-2009, 04:39 PM

Butler just happens to be right too - I don't care if he lives in Florida and makes bucks in Wisconsin. He's still spot on.

Agreed. It isn't like Butler lives in Copenhagen, that would be outrageous!!

Deputy Nutz
10-27-2009, 04:42 PM

No, you just happen to agree with him.

Henderson did say that he considers Brett a close friend and that he totally understands what Favre was and is going through. He doesn't hold him responsible for the break between Favre and the Packers.

mmmdk
10-27-2009, 04:43 PM

Agreed. It isn't like Butler lives in Copenhagen, that would be outrageous!!

Copenhagen is my Minnesota :lol: Beat'em.

mmmdk
10-27-2009, 04:56 PM

Henderson did say that he considers Brett a close friend and that he totally understands what Favre was and is going through. He doesn't hold him responsible for the break between Favre and the Packers.

Apples and oranges. Read all Hendo said plus you really don't like Butler.

How is this place ever gonna move on?

This Packer fans vs Favre fans is unprecedented or? I have no knowledge of such devotion for a player over the team, its history - in the NFL. NBA is another matter.

The identity of Packers and their supporters is altered; makes it mediocre to follow the Packers these days. Just like if LeBron leaves Cleveland. Players are above teams; I never imagined Packers being moved [won't happen either] but I'd follow the team anyways.

MichiganPackerFan
10-27-2009, 05:01 PM

That interview with Henderson WAS really good. I think I downloaded it. (That WAS what you were referencing.... right?)

Tyrone Bigguns
10-27-2009, 05:02 PM
jeez christ, nutz. Some euro fag, effete, soccer playing liberal weenie gets it.

Are you seriously going with Favre over Hendu and Butler. Just get it over with and join a vikes forum.

Deputy Nutz
10-27-2009, 05:03 PM
yes.

mmmdk
10-27-2009, 05:05 PM
yes.

Europe is your daddy !

Deputy Nutz
10-27-2009, 05:06 PM
jeez christ, nutz. Some euro fag, effete, soccer playing liberal weenie gets it.

Are you seriously going with Favre over Hendu and Butler. Just get it over with and join a vikes forum.

Why should I have to do anything? That Vikings forum sucks. I considered going there when Ziggy said the same thing to me, I was confused and cold. I think I peed on myself. Then I came back here, and continued to complain.

Deputy Nutz
10-27-2009, 05:06 PM
yes.

Europe is your daddy !

I was talking about Hendo's interview.

Scott Campbell
10-27-2009, 05:07 PM
I think the Favre lovers have a right to feel the way they do. I don't agree with it, but don't begrudge their right to form their own opinion.

mmmdk
10-27-2009, 05:08 PM
yes.

Europe is your daddy !

I was talking about Hendo's interview.

Oh, my bad.

I thought you hated this Euro dude slash Americano!? :wink:

MichiganPackerFan
10-27-2009, 05:12 PM
I think the Favre lovers have a right to feel the way they do. I don't agree with it, but don't begrudge their right to form their own opinion.

Just wanted to seal this wisdom permanently into the forum. Well said.

mmmdk
10-27-2009, 05:13 PM

Right you are but it ain't cool that the Packers are oozing out of a Packer site.

Badgerinmaine
10-27-2009, 11:47 PM
[
This Packer fans vs Favre fans is unprecedented or? I have no knowledge of such devotion for a player over the team, its history - in the NFL. NBA is another matter.
The closest comparison might be in the National Hockey League with the reaction of Canadians when Wayne Gretzky left to play in Los Angeles. There are still Canadians bitter about his leaving, and that was years ago.

Chevelle2
10-28-2009, 08:09 PM
In the past 2 seasons, Favre has had 12 games with 2 or more turnovers.

In 6 of those 12, Favre followed the next week with a game in which he committed...you guessed it, 2 or more turnovers.

In 3 of the remaining 6, he had 1 pick

That leaves 3 games.

In 1 of those 3, there wasn't another game, because it was the end of the year

That leaves only 2 games in which he followed up a 2+ TO game with 0 TOs.

8-)

gex
10-29-2009, 11:37 PM
From ESPN

Will the Packers find a way to draw attention to Favre during pregame warm-ups Sunday -- to help rev up their crowd, if nothing else? Minnesota hasn’t had players individually introduced all season, either at home or on the road. So we won’t have that moment to tell our grandchildren about. Typically, NFL teams don’t show opposing players on the video screen. Here’s my suggestion, and keep in mind the value is commensurate with the price: Ignore him all together. Carry on pregame festivities as if nothing unusual is going on, and send the message the Packers have moved on from the Favre Era.

The Vikings get to decide who they want to be introduced (offense or defense) or if they even want to be introduced at all, right? I was hoping Favre would be introduced, just to see the reaction.

I don't think the Vikes will introduce the offense for that reason alone, boo or cheer why would they want to have either reaction in Favre's head.

Pugger
10-30-2009, 12:03 AM

I'm not the type to boo much of anything outside of my officials and the opposing team as they are introduced while at the game. My true hope is that 1. Aaron Rodgers has a great game and the fans are too busy cheering him than giving a shit about Favre.
2. The defense has a great game and the fans are too busy cheering them than giving a shit about Favre.
3. The offensive line has a great game and the fans are too busy cheering them than giving a shit about Favre.
I'm a Packers fan!

+1

However, I contend that if all he wanted to do was play football why did he 'retire'yet again after playing for the Jets? He had one more year on his contract that he originally signed in GB. He just went to NY for that one year in hopes he could then get NY to release him outright (The Jets have a history of releasing players with value and getting nothing in return) so he would be free to go to the team he had his heart set on - the queens - which I find revolting to say the least.

Deputy Nutz
10-30-2009, 07:30 AM

I'm a Packers fan!

+1

However, I contend that if all he wanted to do was play football why did he 'retire'yet again after playing for the Jets? He had one more year on his contract that he originally signed in GB. He just went to NY for that one year in hopes he could then get NY to release him outright (The Jets have a history of releasing players with value and getting nothing in return) so he would be free to go to the team he had his heart set on - the queens - which I find revolting to say the least.

1. He was traded to the Jets, he never really wanted to play in New York, but made the best of it for one season.

2. He was injured. He thought he was done.

3. Jets just hired a new head coach and new offensive system was coming in. He had hardly learned the first offense.

4. He played like complete crap at the end of last year and certainly didn't want to play like that again.

5. Backlash from teammates in New York. Apparently his teammates were unhappy with him and didn't want him back.

Minnesota still had interest in him even after he retired. Only team to express interest in signing him.

He still wanted to play football.

I don't know if this was ever leaked to the media, or if it was just a PFT article, but I heard that Favre made a deal with the owner of the Jets. That if things didn't work out in NY that first year, that they would give him his release. Favre wasn't in their long term plans, so it made sense, especially considering he carried a 12 million dollar price tag and the Jets already had cap problems.

Or you can just believe that Favre wanted to be in Minnesota this whole time. From way back in 2007.

MichiganPackerFan
10-30-2009, 08:09 AM

I'm a Packers fan!

+1

I think Nutz got it right.

In summary NYJ were done with #4 and #4 was done with NYJ.

mraynrand
10-30-2009, 08:13 AM
I was hoping Favre would be introduced, just to see the reaction..

I'd be interested in the reaction too - but it depends - do they distribute the beer in cups or in bottles?

Scott Campbell
10-30-2009, 08:54 AM
Or you can just believe that Favre wanted to be in Minnesota this whole time. From way back in 2007.

+1

Badgerinmaine
10-30-2009, 08:56 AM

Or C. all of the above. The list of factors you gave is perfectly compatible with this. Plus, Minnesota runs an offense that he knows and is comfortable with.

green_bowl_packer
10-30-2009, 01:08 PM
Andrew Brandt offers the insider's perspective - It seems that Brett wasn't getting the same royal treatment he got from Sherman, and that ticked him off and that TT isn't the people person we made him out to be.

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/The-difficult-parting-of-Favre-and-the-Packers.html

The difficult parting of Favre and the Packers

by Andrew Brandt
October 30, 02009

The saga continues Sunday at Lambeau Field. The storylines are drawn for this drama that’s been building for 16 months: The signature player for one team for a decade and a half returns in the uniform of its rival. Made for television, guaranteed to garner the strongest rating of the 2009 NFL season. High drama indeed.

Having spent nine years in Green Bay, I’ve commented often about both sides of the decision by the Packers to move on without quarterback Brett Favre. I’ll leave out the truly confidential parts of the story, but here’s a look behind the green and gold on some matters.

As we know, when Brett decided to un-retire last year to reclaim his throne in Green Bay, coach Mike McCarthy informed him, “We’ve moved on,” signaling the end of an era. All events from that point forward were the result of those three words.

In early 2008, there was radio silence between Favre and the Packers. In previous years, McCarthy and GM Ted Thompson had stopped by the Favre compound in Mississippi for a visit when they were at the Senior Bowl in Mobile, Ala. Faced with indifference from his coach and general manager in the months following the 2008 NFC championship game, Brett took the hint. And coincidentally, on the same day Randy Moss re-signed with the Patriots after the Packers had attempted to sign him two years in a row (after much urging from their quarterback), Brett decided to retire.

Even though he cried at his press conference -- and Packer Nation cried with him -- announcing that he had “nothing left to give,” those of us who knew Brett understood this was not a decision he wanted to make (he cried following other seasons, but he wasn’t going anywhere). He was retiring from the Packers because the Packers were indifferent to his decision about playing, something he dearly wanted to continue.

The man behind the curtain

When I started with the Packers in February 1999, Ron Wolf greeted me and placed me in an office with a white-haired personnel director named Ted Thompson. I got to know Ted a bit that year. We shared an office and then worked closely for three years when he returned as general manager of the Packers. There were a few times when I was able to get Ted to open up and actually talk about things other than football players. I was pleasantly surprised to learn there was more to the person than anyone knew.

Ted is a fundamentally good person with exceptional loyalty to a few close friends. He cares about his staff and players and about the history and tradition of the Packers. He is obsessed with the task of looking under every rock to find the best football players for the team.

Like many people, though, Ted is uncomfortable being open with people when the situation may require it. Difficult conversations are just that -- difficult -- yet necessary to clear up ambiguities. Dealing with conflict is part of leadership and management of elite athletes with fragile egos and insecurities. Avoidance is a dangerous option when handling the raw emotion of player-management relations.

I never had a difficult conversation with Ted until our last one, when it became clear we were not going to be able to continue working together. Even in that conversation, Ted acted as if he had a plane to catch. It hurt, but I agreed with him: Although I felt, and still feel, that the Packers are a national treasure, life is short. After a nine-year run through three head coaches, three general managers and countless players, it was time to move on.

It was also time for Brett to go soon after. Ted and Brett never had a cross word with each other; they just had little to no words at all. Brett was used to a certain warm response from the general manager’s office -- through the years of Ron Wolf and Mike Sherman -- and he and his family recoiled at the quiet chill from Thompson’s leadership. Rather than talking about it, both sides just stayed silent rather than face the inevitable conversation.

The successor

A major reason, of course, why the Packers moved on from Brett was Aaron Rodgers. Aaron was special from the day he arrived, exuding high intelligence, natural leadership skills and a wry sense of self and humor. We were friends despite our alma mater rivalry (Cal vs. Stanford).

Aaron RodgersAPThe successor, Aaron Rodgers

Brett, as I have often said, has the Wally Pipp syndrome, knowing how he got his job -- replacing the starting quarterback and never giving it back. I saw it first as an agent for Matt Hasselbeck and then with Aaron. I understood Brett’s insecurity about a new potential team leader. Aaron was someone he could not embrace, but I was glad to finally see Brett warm to him in 2007.

On the field, Rodgers displayed in practice and preparation the skills he’s now showing as a starter. And in the 2006 and 2007 offseasons, with Brett at home making his decisions and sitting out the majority of the offseason, Aaron was preparing as if he was the starting quarterback. Ted and Mike certainly liked what they saw. Aaron was going to be fine.

The bitter end

Even upon his retirement, the Packers knew -- or should have known -- that Brett would not stay retired. They knew Brett and knew when the calendar moved closer to training camp, that he would want to play again. At the time of his retirement, as hard a conversation as it would have been, the Packers could have had an open and honest communication that they were moving on with Aaron, someone they had been grooming for three years, and any un-retirement would not be welcome. That conversation, however difficult, would have headed off the enmity to come.

Instead, there was growing distance between the parties, even with an awkward attempt to have Brett stay retired with a marketing deal with the team. Favre and the Packers retreated to their media sources to spin their stories. The Packers even uncharacteristically detailed the sequence of events that showed Brett’s vacillations, incensing Favre and his family.

Mutual mistrust ensued again with Brett’s desire to play for the Vikings and, in the view of the Packers, having extensive communication about doing so. The Packers obviously were not going to let that happen and were exasperated when the NFL dismissed tampering charges despite what they felt was strong evidence against their rival. That episode further enhanced the existing rivalry that continues Sunday.

Once set free from the Jets last winter, Brett was finally was able achieve the result he and the Vikings had pursued for more than a year. Brett now is linked at the hip to offensive coordinator Darrell Bevell, a member of Mike Sherman’s staff in Green Bay that treated Brett and his family the way felt they should be treated given his accomplishments with the team.

Handling the decision

Brett FavreAPFavre already has a victory over the Packers this season. Can he deliver again on Sunday?

Let me say this: I agree with the decision by my former team to move to the future with Rodgers. It was not like the Packers were moving forward with a stopgap veteran quarterback. I also believe that whatever communication Brett had with the Vikings a year ago complicated matters for all sides and that Brett could have handled himself better at the end of the relationship as well.

The Packers didn’t “owe” Brett Favre anything. He had retired, was paid over $100 million by the team, and he would be a living legend free to return any time with great fanfare. At the end of the story, though, Brett deserved more from the Packers as a person, not as a player. Brett had played through personal tragedy; he had raised the profile, the profit and the asset value of the franchise; he had made the Packers a national, and international, attraction.

How could they have treated Brett better at the end? Simple, open and honest communication, and perhaps a touch of bedside manner and humanity to go along with it. As easy as it sounds, it was very hard to do but needed to be done. That may have gone a long way to making sure the parting of the most famous player on one of the most storied franchises in sports was amicable.

The next chapter – but certainly not the final one -- comes Sunday.

Follow me on Twitter: adbrandt

MadtownPacker
10-30-2009, 03:20 PM

+1Wow, great contribution. Oh I forgot, you save your best for that piece of shit jso forum. Sorry MFer.

Why do people find it so hard to understand that Favre did not want to bust his ass all summer anymore? He is old. Wanted to chill with his peeps. Was it OK, that is up for debate. I dont think the vikings came to mind until he knew he wasnt welcome back in GB. Then human nature (like JH said) took over.

woodbuck27
10-30-2009, 03:58 PM

+1Wow, great contribution. Oh I forgot, you save your best for that piece of shit jso forum. Sorry MFer.

Why do people find it so hard to understand that Favre did not want to bust his ass all summer anymore? He is old. Wanted to chill with his peeps. Was it OK, that is up for debate. I dont think the vikings came to mind until he knew he wasnt welcome back in GB. Then human nature (like JH said) took over.

He sure didn't play in 2007 like he wanted out of Green Bay and to wear the Viking colors. I think that any inference of Favre wanting to be a Viking prior to his knowing he was done in Green Bay is foolish speculation.

MichiganPackerFan
10-30-2009, 04:34 PM

He sure didn't play in 2007 like he wanted out of Green Bay and to wear the Viking colors. I think that any inference of Favre wanting to be a Viking prior to his knowing he was done in Green Bay is foolish speculation.

Agreed. UNLESS he too saw the writing on the wall and new AR had surpassed him..

Rastak
10-30-2009, 04:39 PM
I kind of doubt that. I'm guessing he felt it was HIS team and about shit his drawers when McCarthy did his "Aw Brett, you are putting us in a bad spot" deal when he called him.

I bet his jaw hit the ground. You are NOT bigger than the team, and TT dealt him. I guess people want to make it more complicated than it is.

ThunderDan
10-30-2009, 04:53 PM

That's why it isn't foolish speculation. You can't force out a QB that takes you to the Championship game and has stats of 4,155 yrds 28 TD and 15 INTs. The job was Brett's, only his retirement because he didn't "feel loved" pushed him out the door. You don't take a QB who is an MVP canidate and kick him to the curb who is also an Icon in the NFL.

Scott Campbell
10-30-2009, 06:52 PM

How many pesos do I owe you for cleaning up my yard?

Pugger
10-31-2009, 12:00 AM

That's why it isn't foolish speculation. You can't force out a QB that takes you to the Championship game and has stats of 4,155 yrds 28 TD and 15 INTs. The job was Brett's, only his retirement because he didn't "feel loved" pushed him out the door. You don't take a QB who is an MVP canidate and kick him to the curb who is also an Icon in the NFL.

+1

denverYooper
10-31-2009, 10:52 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pcXWfqAh2MI&NR=1

Scott Campbell
10-31-2009, 11:24 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pcXWfqAh2MI&NR=1

He's been blaming receivers for 17 years now. That might be another NFL record.

mmmdk
10-31-2009, 05:34 PM
[
The closest comparison might be in the National Hockey League with the reaction of Canadians when Wayne Gretzky left to play in Los Angeles. There are still Canadians bitter about his leaving, and that was years ago.

I remember somewhat but this is different; bitterness vs Packers / TT and having sympathy for a Mickey Mouse player.

Cool Canadian fans; just like in Europe and a few American teams. Maybe it's cause your teams move cities? *Expecting weird comment from Ty*.

I was a big fan of the Juventus team then the 2006 scandal and now my team is AS Roma. My team is the Packers but I feel alienated to a group of fans. Big Litmus test tomorrow but that's my frame of things and my call.

Scott Campbell
10-31-2009, 06:54 PM
[

I remember somewhat but this is different; bitterness vs Packers / TT and having sympathy for a Mickey Mouse player.

Cool Canadian fans; just like in Europe and a few American teams. Maybe it's cause your teams move cities? *Expecting weird comment from Ty*.

I was a big fan of the Juventus team then the 2006 scandal and now my team is AS Roma. My team is the Packers but I feel alienated to a group of fans. Big Litmus test tomorrow but that's my frame of things and my call.

I was in Turin for 3 weeks this year. They sure love their soccer.

MOBB DEEP
11-01-2009, 07:28 PM
7 TDs versus Pack this year

How many INTs in game 1?

Scott Campbell
11-01-2009, 07:30 PM

How many INTs in game 1?

Zero. He played great.

Chevelle2
11-01-2009, 07:30 PM

How many INTs in game 1?

Im sure you know. You are just back to your antagonizing ways.

Scott Campbell
11-01-2009, 07:32 PM

How many INTs in game 1?

To the victors go the spoils.

MOBB DEEP
11-01-2009, 07:33 PM

How many INTs in game 1?

HONESTLY Chevelle, i didnt/dont remember

I just asked my Queen

SERIOUSLY

gex
11-01-2009, 08:35 PM
Thee Favre :D
Old man still has it and here's to him gettin' another ring and riding off into the sunset. 8-)

Scott Campbell
11-01-2009, 08:44 PM
Congratulations Viking fans. You got your win today. Enjoy.

gex
11-01-2009, 08:50 PM

Not Viking fans, "Favre fans"
When Favre gets his ring and retires and TT is shitcanned, then we'll all be one big happy family again! :lol:

Scott Campbell
11-01-2009, 08:51 PM

Same difference.

Deputy Nutz
11-02-2009, 12:21 AM

Same difference.

For the first time I think we agree. Although I have stopped caring what the Jets are doing this year, and next year I probably won't care what the Vikings are doing.

I can't be a total Vikings fan although I think Jared Allen is my second favorite active player.

I certainly didn't want the Favreless Packers to beat the Favre led Vikings.

packers11
11-02-2009, 12:36 AM

... what?

Your telling me you were rooting against 'your team' today?

Deputy Nutz
11-02-2009, 12:59 AM

... what?

Your telling me you were rooting against 'your team' today?

Christ what rock have you been under? I have been rooting for all season for the Vikings.

LEWCWA
11-02-2009, 02:05 AM
Well Brett got his wish, so far. He has totally destroyed the Packers this season. He has schooled his old team. Now that that is settled, both teams can concentrate on making the playoffs and get back to normal. Maybe we can in here as well. I do understand, being a Brett fan and enjoying, maybe even rooting for him to do well. I don't understand rooting for him over the Packers though. I guess it is a personal decision for everyone. I hold out hope for one more chance to ruin, Brett's conquest of the Pack. Divisional playoff game in the Dome, Greenbay gets their revenge and sends Brett back to Mississippi for good.

IT COULD HAPPEN!

MJZiggy
11-02-2009, 06:24 AM
Somebody, somewhere this season will send him back to Mississippi for good. Not even talking about injury, but we're already hearing the rumblings out of him about how "hard" it is to be game ready...Don't need an ice bath to ride your tractor, Bert...

mraynrand
11-02-2009, 06:31 AM
Somebody, somewhere this season will send him back to Mississippi for good. Not even talking about injury, but we're already hearing the rumblings out of him about how "hard" it is to be game ready...Don't need an ice bath to ride your tractor, Bert...

After all these years, you still fall hook line and sinker for that "Aw shucks" routine?

Partial
11-02-2009, 03:31 PM
It's starting to come out that Favre wanted out. That doesn't paint him in a very positive light.

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Brett-and-the-broadcast-guys.html

Freak Out
11-02-2009, 03:43 PM
It's starting to come out that Favre wanted out. That doesn't paint him in a very positive light.

Cowboy Troy has said all along that Brett wanted out after TT showed up.....I won't argue with that.

Favre wants to win.....and he must have figured TT wasn't going to set up the team to win before he was done. It looks like he may have been right.

Chevelle2
11-02-2009, 03:45 PM

Cowboy Troy has said all along that Brett wanted out after TT showed up.....I won't argue with that.

Favre wants to win.....and he must have figured TT wasn't going to set up the team to win before he was done. It looks like he may have been right.

Im starting to believe this too.

Only 2 questions I have are

1)Wouldnt it make more sense for him to reture in 05, or 06?

2) Why would he ask to return to the Packers in the summer of 08? Perhaps he thought they would say no, when they really said "yes come on back" ?

Bossman641
11-02-2009, 03:48 PM

Not surprising in the least. He wanted to play QB, Coach, and GM.

The more time passes, the more stories come out against Favre. That's obviously Favre's decision on what he wants to do, but those Favre backers looking for the huge bombshell how TT wronged Favre better start looking elsewhere.

This also just provides further evidence that Favre knew exactly what he was doing with his retirement from the Jets.

Bradshaw and Aikman have both now spoken out about it, not in great detail, but they are at least now putting the idea out there.

Freak Out
11-02-2009, 03:49 PM

2) Why would he ask to return to the Packers in the summer of 08? Perhaps he thought they would say no, when they really said "yes come on back" ?

Could be.....maybe he was just tired of playing in GB?

mraynrand
11-02-2009, 04:01 PM
Maybe Thompson wanted Favre out too. So everyone wins! Well, except the Packers.

woodbuck27
11-02-2009, 05:04 PM

When Favre gets his ring and retires and TT is shitcanned, then we'll all be one big happy family again! :lol:

I'll drink to that.

What we saw yesterday is the real beginning of the Ted Thompson exit. I hope I'm not the first or the only Packer fan on this board who truly believes that will be the result for Ted Thompson when it's all said and done. It's not anything in particular of focus on the Brett Favre affair ( Favre is far better off away from Ted Thompson ). Rather it's more of what he gives to the team overall that will be his demise in Green Bay.

It's more than just a gut feeling I've always had about this man. That as Packer fans we need more from a GM than TT will ever allow himself to bring to the table.

GO PACKERS!

gex
11-02-2009, 05:25 PM

I'll drink to that.

What we saw yesterday is the real beginning of the Ted Thompson exit. I hope I'm not the first or the only Packer fan on this board who truly believes that will be the result for Ted Thompson when it's all said and done. It's not anything in particular of focus on the Brett Favre affair ( Favre is far better off away from Ted Thompson ). Rather it's more of what he gives to the team overall that will be his demise in Green Bay.

It's more than just a gut feeling I've always had about this man. That as Packer fans we need more from a GM than TT will ever allow himself to bring to the table.

GO PACKERS!

There is also that little fact that Numb points out in his sig.

Scott Campbell
11-02-2009, 05:34 PM

I've thought that all along. I think Patler has too.

GrnBay007
11-02-2009, 05:55 PM

I think there might be a lot of truth to this. And Partial, I don't think it paints him in a negative way.

Favre knew he was reaching the end of his playing career. Thompson is known for building a team through the draft...which takes time.

Look at the emotional retirement press conference. That wasn't fake. I think Favre probably really, really struggled with this. Perhaps he knew he wanted to continue to play, but deep down knew the clock was ticking and what he wanted was not going to happen in GB. The emotions - he loved GB and the Packer fans. It would be hard to walk away from that. Sometimes a person has to do what's right for them personally, even though it may not be what others would like. I just don't see how people can fault him for that. No matter how big of a fan people think they are, they have no right to believe they can dictate what these players do. Once the negativity of the split started, it snowballed and got out of control. That's the sad part.

Scott Campbell
11-02-2009, 06:00 PM

I think there might be a lot of truth to this. And Partial, I don't think it paints him in a negative way.

Favre knew he was reaching the end of his playing career. Thompson is known for building a team through the draft...which takes time.

Look at the emotional retirement press conference. That wasn't fake. I think Favre probably really, really struggled with this. Perhaps he knew he wanted to continue to play, but deep down knew the clock was ticking and what he wanted was not going to happen in GB. The emotions - he loved GB and the Packer fans. It would be hard to walk away from that. Sometimes a person has to do what's right for them personally, even though it may not be what others would like. I just don't see how people can fault him for that. No matter how big of a fan people think they are, they have no right to believe they can dictate what these players do. Once the negativity of the split started, it snowballed and got out of control. That's the sad part.

I don't buy that. If that were true he should have just told the truth instead of creating the Summer of 08 Freak Show Extrodinairre. If it's true, he tried to blame Ted for the trade instead of taking responsibility for his own desire to leave.

Scott Campbell
11-02-2009, 06:03 PM
And if its true, one side lied a lot. And the other side told the truth.

You may not like Ted's philosophy as a GM, but this should put doubts about his character to rest once and for all.

woodbuck27
11-02-2009, 06:08 PM

I don't buy that. If that were true he should have just told the truth instead of creating the Summer of 08 Freak Show Extrodinairre. If it's true, he tried to blame Ted for the trade instead of taking responsibility for his own desire to leave.

When this Brett Favre and Packers divorce began I believe that Favre didn't know what he wanted. It was obvious that there had to be issues between Favre and TT. They are off two different cobbs.

So TT had his way and his team. Favre was out. Favre didn't want to be a Viking. It just came to that.

green_bowl_packer
11-02-2009, 06:09 PM

05 and 06, he still had all the records in front of him yet to attain.

All the flip/flops regarding retirement I'm now starting to think were just threats to have the roster loaded up with vets or players he wanted for the following year, because he's not the type of player to come flat out in the media and say it (did he have family members blurt anything? can't remember). Rumor was he flipped out and threatened retirement the day the Moss trade fell through, and announced his retirement the day after Moss resigned with the Patriots. So it adds up.

He probably was getting lip service from TT. Remember that they would never call it rebuilding? He was all they had in those years and he knew it, so he could get away with it for a while - Craig Nall, TJ O'Sullivan, and Ingle Martin behind him before ARod and even in Arods first year or two where he looked sketchy this would/could of worked, but TT never caved. As ARod developed into what he is today that grip he had disappeared.

Scott Campbell
11-02-2009, 06:10 PM
When this Brett Favre and Packers divorce began I believe that Favre didn't know what he wanted.

Then he lied to you. He said he wanted to play for the Packers. The whole Family Night thing was a heavily choreographed publicity stunt if he didn't know what he wanted. He lied.

I think he knew exactly what he wanted. He wanted Chilly to shuttle him from the airport and cater to his every whim.

green_bowl_packer
11-02-2009, 06:33 PM
This is more for the Fredo picture than the article about fan reaction yesterday - picture alone wasn't posting.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/Packers-fans-compare-Brett-Favre-to-Fredo-Judas;_ylt=At6qLvWy8vDvGOi0v.NKMahDubYF?urn=nfl,19 9456

Deputy Nutz
11-02-2009, 06:42 PM
Honestly who gives a shit? I understand that is going to be a yearly debate for the next 50 years of Packer football, but the bottom line, is Favre no longer plays for the Packers, he is a Viking.

If you are a Packer fan you root for the Packers, Favre said it himself. Favre will always be remembered for his 16 years in Green Bay and one year in Minnesota shouldn't change the impact that he made on the Green Bay Packers.

Go a head and be bitter all you want. I don't think he cares. I will tell you this either Favre is a really good actor, or the impact of not playing in the Green and Gold got to him when he was tending to Greg Jennings on the sideline. I know Scott Campbell will take his shot at this, but regardless of the critizism of Favre as a bad teammate that the media ran with the last year or so, he did and still cares about his former teammates in Green Bay.

Eventually there will be another tell all book written by Favre, it will be interesting, but again there are three sides to every story, Favre's side, The Packers' side, and the truth. They are both to blame. The reason why I like Rodgers was that through the whole thing he stayed neutral. I am sure he was pissed that Favre wanted to come back and take his job back as a starter, but he never cracked once in the media, and he was open to a competition.

Scott Campbell
11-02-2009, 07:08 PM
Honestly who gives a shit?

People who don't enable liars.

Deputy Nutz
11-02-2009, 07:24 PM

People who don't enable liars.

Fuck you.

packerbacker1234
11-02-2009, 07:25 PM
We'll never know the truth from either side on this fallout. It's all 100% media and fan driven rumors and guesses. I am happy with AR as is, he should be a stud a year or two from now, and is a pretty good QB right now.

However, he isn't Favre. He shouldn't be compared to Favre. But he will be. There are things that Favre does better then Rodgers even at 40, and things Rodgers can do better then Favre. Unfortunately, the things favre can do better are more inept to winning games. Rodgers can run well and throw a good Deep ball. You need more then that to win games.

Slow decision making and late reads are hurting him, and this offense. He had 3 TD's yesterday, which is some pretty solid stats. #4 had 4 and 38 points. It's not all on Rodgers, but I can think of two drives in the first half that were going well till rodgers took a sack and never made a decision on a 4 yard and a 6 yard pass play to get a first on 3rd down.

I like AR. I have high hopes he will be a top 3 QB in the league and not just a stat machine who deosn't get all the W's - but at this point in the season it's not really even fair. Favre has been better then Rodgers this year, and there is no real debate about that.

retailguy
11-02-2009, 07:27 PM

I buy all of this, and I don't believe that it speaks well of Favre at all. Irv is rolling over in his grave... When he died, the "real" Brett came out. Before that, Irv would've kicked his ass over all this crap, and probably routinely did...

mmmdk
11-02-2009, 07:31 PM

I'll drink to that.

GO PACKERS!

Let me get you a drink.... :twisted: :lol:

mmmdk
11-02-2009, 07:45 PM

This is old; your views are well documented.

I'm not blaming Favre much anymore; he is what he is. A prick but a damn good NFL quaterback. I don't see Favre as evil just not honest about the whole affair. Neither is TT.

The Packers lost a game yesterday but the fans won big time in my book; they showed love for their team. Favre got booed but it wasn't crazy hate towards Brett. It wasn't FC Barca crazy - though I love those faithful fans. :lol:

I'm actually happy with the Lambeau game vs Vikes yesterday except for the loss...and that dead beat McCoach. :lol:

esoxx
11-02-2009, 08:50 PM
So is Favre a good ol' boy, aw shucks, hillbilly, boneheaded Country Bumpkin'....or is he really a shrewd, calculating, genius that is so far ahead of everyone else he's able to outmaneuver others years ahead of time. Kind of like a Rainman in cleats?

I think he's somewhere in between. He's a lot smarter on the football field than given credit but also a goofball who's basically a 40 y/o teenager. I think he flies by the seat of his pants and much like a teenager does things impulsively, then seems to be remorseful for his actions and overly emotional (can you tell I have a teenager?).

mraynrand
11-02-2009, 09:00 PM
I think the Favre persona got so big in Green Bay that he (mostly understandable) thought he was bigger than the team in some respects. Plus, he got tired of the off season drag. I think he expected that Green Bay would always give him a free pass and he was wrong. That's Thompson's and McCarthy's call, right or wrong. Plus, I think he really bought into the Thompson wasn't going to do anything to help him win right now deal. That much should be obvious from what Favre said. I think he looked over at Minnesota and saw a place with familiar people, playing a familiar offense, in a warm facility, who would pick him up at the airport (treat him as he had become accustomed in GB), without having to go through all the rigamarole of the offseason and training camp. Why not go for that? I think he went prima donna divaish, but not much more than should be expected for a guy with all the adoration that he got from family etc. I think there is a lot of genuine good old country boy in there, but there's some bad stuff too.

Bottom line for me is that he's a Viking QB. I've been a Packer fan since 1974 and I will NEVER EVER cheer for a Viking QB NO MATTER WHO HE IS or WHAT HE DID for Green Bay. I hope the Vikings lose all the rest of their games and I hope Favre gets pummeled (because that will help them lose). I hope he doesn't get permanently hurt though.

Bretsky
11-02-2009, 09:00 PM
Favre is evil; Favre is the Devil. Should feel much worse for those who believe that after the devil waxed us twice

Tyrone Bigguns
11-02-2009, 09:01 PM
So is Favre a good ol' boy, aw shucks, hillbilly, boneheaded Country Bumpkin'....or is he really a shrewd, calculating, genius that is so far ahead of everyone else he's able to outmaneuver others years ahead of time. Kind of like a Rainmain in cleats?

I think he's somewhere in between. He's a lot smarter on the football field than given credit but also a goofball who's basically a 40 y/o teenager. I think he flies by the seat of his pants and much like a teenager does things impulsively, then seems to be remorseful for his actions and overly emotional (can you tell I have a teenager?).

Favre and Bus Cook together were schooling the pack org and their PR department. It took bringing in Ari Fleisher from the Death Star to even things up.

I think that pretty much answers your question.

Deputy Nutz
11-02-2009, 09:04 PM
Packers got waxed by a 40 year old qb, that doesn't go to OTAs, Mini Camps, and part of Training Camp. I forgot to mention that he was been retired for most of the past two years.

esoxx
11-02-2009, 09:05 PM
So is Favre a good ol' boy, aw shucks, hillbilly, boneheaded Country Bumpkin'....or is he really a shrewd, calculating, genius that is so far ahead of everyone else he's able to outmaneuver others years ahead of time. Kind of like a Rainmain in cleats?

Favre and Bus Cook together were schooling the pack org and their PR department. It took bringing in Ari Fleisher from the Death Star to even things up.

Frankly, if the Favre/Cook combo was schooling an entire organization, I don't have much faith in the braintrust running the show.

And who the hell is "rainmain?" :P

mraynrand
11-02-2009, 09:08 PM
Packers got waxed by a 40 year old qb, that doesn't go to OTAs, Mini Camps, and part of Training Camp. I forgot to mention that he was been retired for most of the past two years.

He's pretty good, isn't he? Might make the Hall of Fame. But even you must realize he wasn't the only talented football player in a Viking uni.

Scott Campbell
11-02-2009, 09:12 PM
Frankly, if the Favre/Cook combo was schooling an entire organization, I don't have much faith in the braintrust running the show.

Cook did it to TEN. He did it to DEN. And he did it to GB. Were not the only organization to get played by that scumbag. We are the only one that hired Ari, and took control of the situation. And Ted sent him to NY for a year, and got a 3rd round pick. Not too shabby.

Bossman641
11-02-2009, 09:14 PM

I'm not sure they schooled the Packers at all. I highly doubt Favre wanted to throw away his goodwill with fans the way he did. I'm guessing they were hoping TT/MM would say they didn't want him back. Then they could play the "poor old Favre just wanting to play football" card, gain the public's empathy, and make the organization look bad.

They outmaneuvered the Jets

Tyrone Bigguns
11-02-2009, 09:15 PM

GB media wise is a soft org. They dont' fact the intense media scrutiny of NY or Philly.

Bus is another in a line of "just a simple country loy yuh."

mraynrand
11-02-2009, 09:16 PM
I'm not much of a conspiracy theory guy, but here's a good one for you: Favre never had a shoulder injury and never had surgery! Show us the scar! LOL.

Tyrone Bigguns
11-02-2009, 09:17 PM

I'm not sure they schooled the Packers at all. I highly doubt Favre wanted to throw away his goodwill with fans the way he did. I'm guessing they were hoping TT/MM would say they didn't want him back. Then they could play the "poor old Favre just wanting to play football" card, gain the public's empathy, and make the organization look bad.

If they werent' getting schooled, they wouldn't have brought in Ari.

Bert might not have wanted to lose his goodwill, but he lost it went Ari came in and the pack got on point and on message.

Until then the public was solidly on Bert's side.

Bossman641
11-02-2009, 09:21 PM

Bert might not have wanted to lose his goodwill, but he lost it went Ari came in and the pack got on point and on message.

Sorry. In the end he certainly didn't school the Packers is what I meant. He had the tide at first, but it turned around.

denverYooper
11-02-2009, 09:31 PM
However, he isn't Favre. He shouldn't be compared to Favre. But he will be. There are things that Favre does better then Rodgers even at 40, and things Rodgers can do better then Favre. Unfortunately, the things favre can do better are more inept to winning games. Rodgers can run well and throw a good Deep ball. You need more then that to win games.

Do you know what inept means?

Usually I can figure out the word someone was trying to use and just gloss over it because I know that language is fairly organic. But in this case I'm really curious to know what adjective you were going for because I don't think inept is it.

Tyrone Bigguns
11-02-2009, 09:35 PM

Sorry. In the end he certainly didn't school the Packers is what I meant. He had the tide at first, but it turned around.

Which is EXACTLY what i said. Did you not read this:

"Favre and Bus Cook together were schooling the pack org and their PR department. It took bringing in Ari Fleisher from the Death Star to even things up."

You are agreeing with me.

They were schooling the pack. It took bringing in the Death Star to save them. That says it all about their intelligence. And, THAT was the issue Esoxx and i were talking about.

Bossman641
11-02-2009, 09:38 PM

Which is EXACTLY what i said. Did you not read this:

"Favre and Bus Cook together were schooling the pack org and their PR department. It took bringing in Ari Fleisher from the Death Star to even things up."

You are agreeing with me.

They were schooling the pack. It took bringing in the Death Star to save them. That says it all about their intelligence. And, THAT was the issue Esoxx and i were talking about.

Gotcha. Need to read more carefully. Thought you were talking about them getting school as the end result, not the fact that at one point they were getting schooled.

Tyrone Bigguns
11-02-2009, 09:41 PM
cool. Now we are on the same page. 8-)

GrnBay007
11-02-2009, 10:13 PM
I understand that is going to be a yearly debate for the next 50 years of Packer football, but the bottom line, is Favre no longer plays for the Packers, he is a Viking.

If you are a Packer fan you root for the Packers, Favre said it himself. Favre will always be remembered for his 16 years in Green Bay and one year in Minnesota shouldn't change the impact that he made on the Green Bay Packers.

Go a head and be bitter all you want. I don't think he cares. I will tell you this either Favre is a really good actor, or the impact of not playing in the Green and Gold got to him when he was tending to Greg Jennings on the sideline. I know Scott Campbell will take his shot at this, but regardless of the critizism of Favre as a bad teammate that the media ran with the last year or so, he did and still cares about his former teammates in Green Bay.

:tup:

Tyrone Bigguns
11-02-2009, 10:19 PM
I understand that is going to be a yearly debate for the next 50 years of Packer football, but the bottom line, is Favre no longer plays for the Packers, he is a Viking.

Brett said it. Are you gonna root for the packers or are you rooting Bert?

esoxx
11-02-2009, 10:22 PM
I wonder what would happen if you spilled a large box of toothpicks on a table in front of Favre?

Would he pick one up, study it a spell and then slowly use it to pick his teeth, with a good ol' boy grin?

Or,

Would he quickly blurt out "eight hundred fifty nine....yeah, definitely eight hundred fifty nine."

These are the type of questions that keep me up at night.

GrnBay007
11-02-2009, 10:27 PM

Brett said it. Are you gonna root for the packers or are you rooting Bert?

Lets see...

I'm going to cheer for BRETT

And this weekend I got my tickets for the Packer/Bear game at Soldier Field for Dec. 13th

You decide Einstein.