PDA

View Full Version : OFFICIAL BRETT THE LIVING LEGEND THREAD

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46

Bretsky
11-02-2009, 10:35 PM
Honestly who gives a shit?
I understand that is going to be a yearly debate for the next 50 years of Packer football, but the bottom line, is Favre no longer plays for the Packers, he is a Viking.

If you are a Packer fan you root for the Packers, Favre said it himself. Favre will always be remembered for his 16 years in Green Bay and one year in Minnesota shouldn't change the impact that he made on the Green Bay Packers.

Go a head and be bitter all you want. I don't think he cares. I will tell you this either Favre is a really good actor, or the impact of not playing in the Green and Gold got to him when he was tending to Greg Jennings on the sideline. I know Scott Campbell will take his shot at this, but regardless of the critizism of Favre as a bad teammate that the media ran with the last year or so, he did and still cares about his former teammates in Green Bay.

:tup:

Brett said it. Are you gonna root for the packers or are you rooting Bert?

I like Erin

Freak Out
11-02-2009, 10:39 PM
I understand that is going to be a yearly debate for the next 50 years of Packer football, but the bottom line, is Favre no longer plays for the Packers, he is a Viking.

If you are a Packer fan you root for the Packers, Favre said it himself. Favre will always be remembered for his 16 years in Green Bay and one year in Minnesota shouldn't change the impact that he made on the Green Bay Packers.

Go a head and be bitter all you want. I don't think he cares. I will tell you this either Favre is a really good actor, or the impact of not playing in the Green and Gold got to him when he was tending to Greg Jennings on the sideline. I know Scott Campbell will take his shot at this, but regardless of the critizism of Favre as a bad teammate that the media ran with the last year or so, he did and still cares about his former teammates in Green Bay.

I like Erin

When is ESPN going to smarten up and get her working the sidelines on MNF? :twisted:

MOBB DEEP
11-03-2009, 07:32 AM
Warren Sapp says that he came into the NFL the season after favre won his 1st MVP and that THIS favre is better than THAT favre because of maturity/decision-making, accuaracy, and focus

Alot can be said for wisdom. And life issues (father's death, deanna illness, her bro's deathy, etc...) can help put one's craft in perspective

Like Fatboy MM said, favre was always a gifted athlete with great intangibles. Add that to experience and knowledge, plus chip on shoulder....

He/we should actually THANK t.t. for disrespecting his legacy since icons often NEED a "target," espcially after accomplishing SO much ala jordan getn "mad" at irrelevant bulletin board material even after it was clear he was GOAT....

Like my barber says Favre sittn pretty; can play 3 more years and continually irk GB brass who hav to want him to jus go away - lol

I know like me, most of you all liked the minn star-tribune headline monday LORD OF LAMBEAU (his new title)

I like the 1 sign at the game this lady had: ONE YEAR IN PURPLE CANT ERASE 16 YEARS ON MEMORIES...bingo

Patsy mark murphy

Bossman641
11-03-2009, 08:41 AM
Warren Sapp says that he came into the NFL the season after favre won his 1st MVP and that THIS favre is better than THAT favre because of maturity/decision-making, accuaracy, and focus

Alot can be said for wisdom. And life issues (father's death, deanna illness, her bro's deathy, etc...) can help put one's craft in perspective

Like Fatboy MM said, favre was always a gifted athlete with great intangibles. Add that to experience and knowledge, plus chip on shoulder....

He/we should actually THANK t.t. for disrespecting his legacy since icons often NEED a "target," espcially after accomplishing SO much ala jordan getn "mad" at irrelevant bulletin board material even after it was clear he was GOAT....

Like my barber says Favre sittn pretty; can play 3 more years and continually irk GB brass who hav to want him to jus go away - lol

I know like me, most of you all liked the minn star-tribune headline monday LORD OF LAMBEAU (his new title)
I like the 1 sign at the game this lady had: ONE YEAR IN PURPLE CANT ERASE 16 YEARS ON MEMORIES...bingo

Patsy mark murphy

You couldn't be more wrong.

denverYooper
11-03-2009, 09:45 AM

Patsy mark murphy

Especially since he's 1-1 in his last 2 games there...

MichiganPackerFan
11-03-2009, 02:11 PM
I certainly didn't want the Favreless Packers to beat the Favre led Vikings.

That's just plain Nutz :D

MichiganPackerFan
11-03-2009, 02:14 PM
Not surprising in the least. He wanted to play QB, Coach, and GM.

QB and GM maybe, but not coach. The guy never showed much interest in interfering or running play calling. That role is reserved for Manning.

MichiganPackerFan
11-03-2009, 02:22 PM
Honestly who gives a shit? I understand that is going to be a yearly debate for the next 50 years of Packer football, but the bottom line, is Favre no longer plays for the Packers, he is a Viking.

Eventually there will be another tell all book written by Favre, it will be interesting, but again there are three sides to every story, Favre's side, The Packers' side, and the truth. They are both to blame. The reason why I like Rodgers was that through the whole thing he stayed neutral. I am sure he was pissed that Favre wanted to come back and take his job back as a starter, but he never cracked once in the media, and he was open to a competition.

Pretty solid post there. Can't disagree. Overall, I think #4 was more to blame than you do (or that I ASSUME you do)

FritzDontBlitz
11-03-2009, 03:05 PM
Why do Packer fans feel they should have the right to decide not only when or where Favre should retire, but which team he can play for if he decides to resume his career? Its pretty silly to claim letting Favre go was "a business decision" but then not be willing to accept the idea that once he leaves he has the right to continue his career as he chooses. I think a lot of us need to just get over it. Favre Derangement Syndrome is not pretty.

Pugger
11-03-2009, 03:50 PM
I'll post this question yet again - Why did he retire in the first place? Was he that unhappy with the management style of TT and the coaching of MM? If he says he wanted TT to get veterans so the team would be a winner then he's a goofball. Why would a guy who just played in the NFC Championship game a couple of weeks earlier QUIT on that team? I'm sure MM asked BF to make a decision before the draft and this isn't an unreasonable request. Did BF feel he was being pushed to make a decision? Nonsense. One would think if he wanted to win in Green Bay there wouldn't be any question that he'd be back. This is why I believe he has wanted out of Green Bay ever since TT and MM came on the scene. I believe had he not retired and came back in 2008 he would've been our starting QB and none of this shit would've happened. :?

Tyrone Bigguns
11-03-2009, 03:57 PM

Lets see...

I'm going to cheer for BRETT

And this weekend I got my tickets for the Packer/Bear game at Soldier Field for Dec. 13th

You decide Einstein.

The question was were you rooting for the pack or for Bert. Simple question. Stop evading it.

Did you root for the pack or for Bert in the game.

C'mon, you can say it.

Tyrone Bigguns
11-03-2009, 03:59 PM

Patsy mark murphy

exactly.

Unless you live in Minny, what fucking kind of packer fan would choose to read that paper.

mraynrand
11-03-2009, 04:04 PM

Patsy mark murphy

exactly.

Unless you live in Minny, what fucking kind of packer fan would choose to read that paper.

I just wish he had been Lord of Lambeau when it meant going to the Superbowl instead of 'irking' Packer brass. Brrr...I'm COLD!

Tyrone Bigguns
11-03-2009, 04:26 PM

Patsy mark murphy

exactly.

I just wish he had been Lord of Lambeau when it meant going to the Superbowl instead of 'irking' Packer brass. Brrr...I'm COLD!

When Ty and Rand agree on something, you can pretty much put the issue to bed.

:lol:

sharpe1027
11-03-2009, 04:28 PM
I'll post this question yet again - Why did he retire in the first place? Was he that unhappy with the management style of TT and the coaching of MM? If he says he wanted TT to get veterans so the team would be a winner then he's a goofball. Why would a guy who just played in the NFC Championship game a couple of weeks earlier QUIT on that team? I'm sure MM asked BF to make a decision before the draft and this isn't an unreasonable request. Did BF feel he was being pushed to make a decision? Nonsense. One would think if he wanted to win in Green Bay there wouldn't be any question that he'd be back. This is why I believe he has wanted out of Green Bay ever since TT and MM came on the scene. I believe had he not retired and came back in 2008 he would've been our starting QB and none of this shit would've happened. :?

Favre: I was not pushed into retiring. This decision is entirely my own.

time passes...

Favre: I felt forced into retiring.

time passes...

Favre: They didn't try hard enough to get me back.

Not to mention:

Favre: They tricked me into coming back by promising to resign either Wahle or Rivera. (Facts show that he didn't announce his decision until after both of them were signed elsewhere).

My take:
For whatever reason, Favre didn't "like" TT and MM, so he wanted out of GB. He couldn't own up to it, so he plays games to try to force the Packers to get rid of him so he doesn't look like the bad guy.

Further evidence: He did the same thing to the Jets.

mraynrand
11-03-2009, 04:35 PM

Patsy mark murphy

exactly.

When Ty and Rand agree on something, you can pretty much put the issue to bed.

How about this: Bob Harlan: "Brett, you win this NFCC game and beat Brady in the Superbowl and we fire Ted and Mike and you get final up or down vote on the new GM." I bet he wins that fucking game.

Deputy Nutz
11-03-2009, 04:51 PM

time passes...

time passes...

Not to mention:

Favre: They tricked me into coming back by promising to resign either Wahle or Rivera. (Facts show that he didn't announce his decision until after both of them were signed elsewhere).

My take:
For whatever reason, Favre didn't "like" TT and MM, so he wanted out of GB. He couldn't own up to it, so he plays games to try to force the Packers to get rid of him so he doesn't look like the bad guy.

Some people say some real goofball shit, but this takes the cake.

sharpe1027
11-03-2009, 05:28 PM

time passes...

time passes...

Not to mention:

My take:

Hey, I could be wrong. I posted it to get different perspectives. So far I've gotten nothing intelligent. :wink:

packinpatland
11-03-2009, 06:07 PM

time passes...

time passes...

Not to mention:

My take:

Yeah, that shoulder thing was all fake.

sharpe1027
11-03-2009, 06:10 PM

Nah, but it sure didn't stop him from suiting up with the Vikings.

Why did he ask to be released outright instead of just retiring? It is almost as if he was expecting to come back and play for another team...

g4orce
11-03-2009, 06:16 PM
I'll post this question yet again - Why did he retire in the first place? Was he that unhappy with the management style of TT and the coaching of MM?

Yes. He hated Ted Thompson's style with a passion and never felt welcomed by him from the get go.

If he says he wanted TT to get veterans so the team would be a winner then he's a goofball. Why would a guy who just played in the NFC Championship game a couple of weeks earlier QUIT on that team? I'm sure MM asked BF to make a decision before the draft and this isn't an unreasonable request. Did BF feel he was being pushed to make a decision? Nonsense. One would think if he wanted to win in Green Bay there wouldn't be any question that he'd be back.

Brett Favre wanted veterans cuz he knew this was what the youngest team in the league was missing. He knew if they added a few missing pieces that this team was on the rise but it goes back to TT's style of building a team and Brett Favre was done doing it that way.

This is why I believe he has wanted out of Green Bay ever since TT and MM came on the scene. I believe had he not retired and came back in 2008 he would've been our starting QB and none of this shit would've happened. :?

Ur ending is what u feel or believe, I get that, but it really all stems from him not wanting to deal with an organization that wasnt trying to win now.. see 2006,2008, and 2009.

packerbacker1234
11-03-2009, 06:17 PM

Why did he ask to be released outright instead of just retiring? It is almost as if he was expecting to come back and play for another team...

1. He didn't want to play for the jets to begin with, so if he could get out of it then sweet. The jets did not have to outright release him, they did so because they too were done with brett. Mangini was gone, new coaching staff, time for a new era.

2. He said pretty much from the get go that he wasn't sure, so the release gave him the opportunity to go where he wants to go if he does want to play. The "second retirement" was pretty much a joke. Everyone knew it, no real presser about it. He was hurt, didn't know if he could recover well enough to play again, asked for release and got it. He asked the packers for the same thing and got traded instead.

Freak Out
11-03-2009, 06:21 PM
It's to bad TT didn't just man up and trade him to the Vikes in the first place....Chilly would have given a couple of 1st round picks for him. :lol:

Bossman641
11-03-2009, 06:22 PM
IMO Favre had every intention of playing for the Vikings from the end of the Jets season on. Why else would he have booked a block of hotel rooms for the weekend of the Packer-Viking game while STILL ON THE JETS TEAM?

Tyrone Bigguns
11-03-2009, 06:23 PM

1. He didn't want to play for the jets to begin with, so if he could get out of it then sweet. The jets did not have to outright release him, they did so because they too were done with brett. Mangini was gone, new coaching staff, time for a new era.

2. He said pretty much from the get go that he wasn't sure, so the release gave him the opportunity to go where he wants to go if he does want to play. The "second retirement" was pretty much a joke. Everyone knew it, no real presser about it. He was hurt, didn't know if he could recover well enough to play again, asked for release and got it. He asked the packers for the same thing and got traded instead.

Nice spin job.

Especially love the part about "no real presser" about the "second retirement."

P.S. Don't you love the favre guys. Typing which "retirement" it was. Can't believe they can do that with a straight face.

Bert and Jay Z battling it out for most career retirements.

g4orce
11-03-2009, 06:23 PM
It's to bad TT didn't just man up and trade him to the Vikes in the first place....Chilly would have given a couple of 1st round picks for him. :lol:

It just woulda thrown more pressure on TT though. If he had gotta a couple 1st rounders, and he misses on the draft picks, his name is in even more mud.

sharpe1027
11-03-2009, 06:28 PM
Ur ending is what u feel or believe, I get that, but it really all stems from him not wanting to deal with an organization that wasnt trying to win now.. see 2006,2008, and 2009.

I think you missed a year.

Tyrone Bigguns
11-03-2009, 06:32 PM

Bert had a successful 07. What EXACTLY made him feel that the 08 season was being approached differently than 07?

Bossman641
11-03-2009, 06:33 PM

It just woulda thrown more pressure on TT though. If he had gotta a couple 1st rounders, and he misses on the draft picks, his name is in even more mud.

I don't understand where people get the idea the Vikings would have given up the farm for Favre. No way for that aged QB.

Tyrone Bigguns
11-03-2009, 06:41 PM

I don't understand where people get the idea the Vikings would have given up the farm for Favre. No way for that aged QB.

Teams that feel they are close to winning it all often do things like that. But, I doubt multiple firsts as well.

But, with the Vikes, Freak does have history on his side.

Scott Campbell
11-03-2009, 09:08 PM

time passes...

time passes...

Not to mention:

My take:

Hey, I could be wrong. I posted it to get different perspectives. So far I've gotten nothing intelligent. :wink:

I agree with you. But then again I'm not smitten with Wrangler lust.

gex
11-03-2009, 11:03 PM

Good post.

GrnBay007
11-04-2009, 12:22 AM

Lets see...

And this weekend I got my tickets for the Packer/Bear game at Soldier Field for Dec. 13th

You decide Einstein.

The question was were you rooting for the pack or for Bert. Simple question. Stop evading it.

C'mon, you can say it.

Yep, I was rooting for Brett on Sunday. And I was disappointed Packer fans boo'd him. I knew there would be some when he came out on the field, but I didn't expect to hear it throughout the whole first quarter. Here's the thing though, it wasn't just that they were boo'ing someone who gave them everything he had for 16 years, it was more so that Packer fans have always taken pride in being the greatest fans...the friendliest fans, etc. and I felt a little embarrassed by all the boo'ing. I personally think boo'ing a player....any player is wrong (unless they do something like Sapp did and hurt another player in the manner in which he did). Just my opinion.

Why feel a little embarrassment? I had forgotten about this until I was watching the game on Sunday, but I remember when Favre broke the TD record vs the Vikings and the whole Metrodome stood and cheered for him. I remember thinking how great it was that football fans could step out of the box and cheer for a QB's great accomplishment regardless of the uniform he was wearing...even if it was a rival team.

To each their own on the whole boo'ing thing...I'm just saying it's not for me. I was happy to see some Packer fans holding up signs in support of Favre on Sunday. Whether you want to believe it or not, there are a lot more Packer fans out there that feel the way I do.

But anyway, pretty excited about those Packer/Bear tickets we got for 12/13. It will be brrrr cold in Chicago but they are good seats and can't wait to go!

GrnBay007
11-04-2009, 12:57 AM
Deion being funny....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=22E23UfqLfs

Partial
11-04-2009, 01:01 AM
Well said, 007.

Also, well said to Deion. He is calling it exactly like it is. I can respect that.

Sad to think that Wisconsinites boo'd Favre when Viking's fans stood up and showed class and cheered when he set the record. Really, really disgusting how classless it was to boo him.

GrnBay007
11-04-2009, 01:03 AM
OK, if you saw Favre "blow" his nose w/o a tissue (lol) on Sunday this is funny... kinda gross, but funny w/ the music.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wbk2BXEWEWg

Tyrone Bigguns
11-04-2009, 01:08 AM
Nice of you to admit that you rooted for Favre over the packers. Now you can finally move to becoming a vikes fan.

Wow. All that booing sounds traumatic for you. Must have been quite a shocker to come face to face with reality.

Well, ty thought the stories you made up regarding Favre....well showed signs of delusion, but now this....can even being to figure out the massive rationalizations in your head.

Have you always had the ability to discern the thoughts and emotions behind fan's boos?

I'm sure the Bear's game will be fun for you. Have you decided who you will be rooting for? The pack is the team in the green and gold.

Partial
11-04-2009, 01:12 AM
Nice of you to admit that you rooted for Favre over the packers. Now you can finally move to becoming a vikes fan.

Wow. All that booing sounds traumatic for you. Must have been quite a shocker to come face to face with reality.

Well, ty thought the stories you made up regarding Favre....well showed signs of delusion, but now this....can even being to figure out the massive rationalizations in your head.

Have you always had the ability to discern the thoughts and emotions behind fan's boos?

I'm sure the Bear's game will be fun for you. Have you decided who you will be rooting for? The pack is the team in the green and gold.

You're such a prick. This is completely unnecessary.

th87
11-04-2009, 01:23 AM
I was always a Favre supporter. When he flipped out about Moss, I could see where he was coming from, for example. When he went on Greta, I was pretty shocked and disappointed, but I still thought there was some way out of this.

However, AS SOON AS I found that Favre was interested in the Vikings, all that good will went straight out the window.

Why? Because I thought Favre was different. I thought Packers football was different. I thought Favre was loyal to us Packer fans until the end of time. I considered Packer nation to be as close to a real nation as you can get. HOW COULD HE sign with our number 1 rival?? That's as close to real treason as you can get!

This is not just entertainment! This is GREEN BAY PACKER FOOTBALL. It's a part of my life and always will be.

And so the reason I want Favre to fail is precisely because I supported him so fervently all these years. He made me believe he was different - that Packer fans never had to worry about THE BRETT FAVRE to switch allegiances. Because he's better than that, and we're better than that.

But he showed me that none of that matters. He stabbed ME in the back. I took it VERY personally.

And so did everybody who booed.

Tyrone Bigguns
11-04-2009, 01:31 AM

You're such a prick. This is completely unnecessary.

I'm sure the 007 is quite capable of replying, she doesnt' need your help.

Your comment is not necessary.

Tyrone Bigguns
11-04-2009, 01:33 AM
I was always a Favre supporter. When he flipped out about Moss, I could see where he was coming from, for example. When he went on Greta, I was pretty shocked and disappointed, but I still thought there was some way out of this.

However, AS SOON AS I found that Favre was interested in the Vikings, all that good will went straight out the window.

Why? Because I thought Favre was different. I thought Packers football was different. I thought Favre was loyal to us Packer fans until the end of time. I considered Packer nation to be as close to a real nation as you can get. HOW COULD HE sign with our number 1 rival?? That's as close to real treason as you can get!

This is not just entertainment! This is GREEN BAY PACKER FOOTBALL. It's a part of my life and always will be.

And so the reason I want Favre to fail is precisely because I supported him so fervently all these years. He made me believe he was different - that Packer fans never had to worry about THE BRETT FAVRE to switch allegiances. Because he's better than that, and we're better than that.

But he showed me that none of that matters. He stabbed ME in the back. I took it VERY personally.

QFT.

Bert had a chance to be in a very small pantheon of heroes. He blew it.

Butler and Hendu are Packer People. Bert is not.

th87
11-04-2009, 01:52 AM

QFT.

Right on. He could've been beloved forever in Wisconsin. Wisconsin's pride. Statues, legends. People centuries from now would be taking about him like they talk about Abraham Lincoln or somebody.

I can't believe anybody could be that dumb.

Bossman641
11-04-2009, 06:27 AM
Yep, I was rooting for Brett on Sunday. And I was disappointed Packer fans boo'd him. I knew there would be some when he came out on the field, but I didn't expect to hear it throughout the whole first quarter. Here's the thing though, it wasn't just that they were boo'ing someone who gave them everything he had for 16 years, it was more so that Packer fans have always taken pride in being the greatest fans...the friendliest fans, etc. and I felt a little embarrassed by all the boo'ing. I personally think boo'ing a player....any player is wrong (unless they do something like Sapp did and hurt another player in the manner in which he did). Just my opinion.

Why feel a little embarrassment? I had forgotten about this until I was watching the game on Sunday, but I remember when Favre broke the TD record vs the Vikings and the whole Metrodome stood and cheered for him. I remember thinking how great it was that football fans could step out of the box and cheer for a QB's great accomplishment regardless of the uniform he was wearing...even if it was a rival team.

To each their own on the whole boo'ing thing...I'm just saying it's not for me. I was happy to see some Packer fans holding up signs in support of Favre on Sunday. Whether you want to believe it or not, there are a lot more Packer fans out there that feel the way I do.

But anyway, pretty excited about those Packer/Bear tickets we got for 12/13. It will be brrrr cold in Chicago but they are good seats and can't wait to go!

Are you really comparing these 2 situations? Recognition for a long-standing record being broken vs. expecting fans to cheer someone who went to the enemy. And that's without even attempting to get into what Favre meant to Packer fans or the shady way in which he made his way to Minnesota.

Partial
11-04-2009, 06:38 AM

Are you really comparing these 2 situations? Recognition for a long-standing record being broken vs. expecting fans to cheer someone who went to the enemy. And that's without even attempting to get into what Favre meant to Packer fans or the shady way in which he made his way to Minnesota.

How are they not similar situations?

Those records were broke at the Vikings expense. They lost games because Brett broke that record. He did it in what, 32 games against them...

Yet, they still cheered him because they respected him.

Brett broke that same record 4 times on Sunday. The same one the Viking's fans cheered him for, despite kicking there tail by playing against them in 30 something games.

The Packer fans, who he played some outrageous number of games for in a row mind you, booed him when he broke that record all four times on Sunday. For shame.

I know you're going to come back and argue "He was beating our team". So what? He was beating the Vikings and they still cheered for him and showed respect. Why? Because they know how it is to not have a star QB. GB is still adjusting to having only a 7 for prom date instead of a 10.

It really is pathetic.

Bossman641
11-04-2009, 07:00 AM

Those records were broke at the Vikings expense. They lost games because Brett broke that record. He did it in what, 32 games against them...

Brett broke that same record 4 times on Sunday. The same one the Viking's fans cheered him for, despite kicking there tail by playing against them in 30 something games.

The Packer fans, who he played some outrageous number of games for in a row mind you, booed him when he broke that record all four times on Sunday. For shame.

I know you're going to come back and argue "He was beating our team". So what? He was beating the Vikings and they still cheered for him and showed respect. Why? Because they know how it is to not have a star QB. GB is still adjusting to having only a 7 for prom date instead of a 10.

It really is pathetic.

You answered your own question. It has nothing to do with winning or losing, it's about respect. Favre had the respect of Packer nation, he lost a lot of it with his antics.

Scott Campbell
11-04-2009, 07:11 AM
Packer fans boo'd Brett because he's a scumbag, and not everyone is willing to fabricate excuses for his inexcusable behavior. I'll bet that Matt Millen gets it.

Iron Mike
11-04-2009, 07:32 AM
http://cdn.ksk.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/LOL-JEALOUS.jpg

Partial
11-04-2009, 07:42 AM
Packer fans boo'd Brett because he's a scumbag, and not everyone is willing to fabricate excuses for his inexcusable behavior. I'll bet that Matt Millen gets it.

How is he a scum bag? I think he's a pos for screwing around on his wife, but at the same time how many pro athletes do this? Most. Funny story recently about Santana Dotson trying to take a friend of mine home despite having a wife and kids at home.

He has done more good through charity than 99.9% of people have.

You guys are ridiculous. You build this fantasy world up in your head where he did this awful thing. What is the awful thing? Wanting to play for someone else? So what? I think it looks bad and isn't really cool but it certainly isn't awful and I don't think it makes him less of a person.

Bretsky
11-04-2009, 07:53 AM
Silly Partial......he was dishonest and manipulative.....that makes him a terrible terrible person..... and we've coined all kinds of terrible phrases to make him sound more like the devil.

GrnBay007
11-04-2009, 08:11 AM

I don't buy in to your BS in looking for an argument...not worth my time.

I do want to add though, a while back there was a thread titled, WTF is going on here....or something to that effect. Your post is a perfect example of WTF is going on. I made sure to point out my post was my opinion....and added, to each their own. You respond with belittling comments meant for nothing more than to offend and berate. Sad little world you live in, but you have a good day Ty.

mraynrand
11-04-2009, 08:15 AM
http://cdn.ksk.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/LOL-JEALOUS.jpg

This year's Vikings are the most talented team Favre has ever played with.

mraynrand
11-04-2009, 08:16 AM
Deion being funny....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=22E23UfqLfs

Deion ought to know about being sold to the highest bidder.

mraynrand
11-04-2009, 08:17 AM
OK, if you saw Favre "blow" his nose w/o a tissue (lol) on Sunday this is funny... kinda gross, but funny w/ the music.

Really, 007, this is too much. Do you cheer when he picks his ass too?

GrnBay007
11-04-2009, 08:25 AM

Really, mraynrand, and people wonder why this place isn't FUN anymore?

mraynrand
11-04-2009, 08:29 AM

I think that cheering the nose blow is a little over the top. Even my favorite Favre fan thought it was too. Plus, I thought my retort about picking his ass was funny. Perhaps I should have put a smiley face in there :lol: :D :D

Partial
11-04-2009, 08:32 AM

To be fair it was really gross :lol:

sharpe1027
11-04-2009, 09:04 AM
For me, it comes down to this:

What I liked most about Favre was his brutal (sometimes too brutal) honesty and how I could believe what he said as not being PR BS. Since that is exactly what he wasn't able to do during this whole thing I am rather pissed off, since what I liked best about him seems to have gone by the wayside. Too many conflicting statements and actions to count, including flat out lying about not wanting to unretire, making up stories about being tricked into playing and throwing his "friend" Campen under the bus for no good reason other than to make himself look good, asking for a flat out release when he was under contract (honor your contract J. Walker...), constant contact with the Vikings, going out of his way to call the Packer's opponent allegedly discussing the Packer's tendencies....ect...

One or two things I can handle, but this is just a clear trend that I could see even if I had severe cataracts in both eyes.

Just my opinion.

green_bowl_packer
11-04-2009, 09:12 AM

It really is pathetic.

The whole Metrodome cheered in 2007 because it was mostly Packers fans that day, not polite Vikings fans.

Article: VIKINGS NOTES; Packers fans make Dome home away from home.(SPORTS)

Article from:
Star Tribune (Minneapolis, MN)
Article date:
October 2, 2007
Author:
Zulgad, Judd; Seifert, Kevin CopyrightCOPYRIGHT 2007 Star Tribune Co. This material is published under license from the publisher through the Gale Group, Farmington Hills, Michigan. All inquiries regarding rights should be directed to the Gale Group. (Hide copyright information)

Byline: Judd Zulgad; Kevin Seifert; Staff Writers

The number of Green Bay Packers fans in attendance at the Metrodome on Sunday did not go unnoticed on the Vikings sideline.

"It seemed like we were playing at Lambeau Field," cornerback Antoine Winfield said Monday. "It was unreal. When our offense was on the field, it was loud in there. I've never been a part of a team having two home fields before."

The Packers always attract a large following when they play in Minnesota, but Sunday's announced attendance of 63,779 seemed to include more Green Bay fans than usual. This was largely because quarterback Brett Favre entered the game needing only one touchdown pass to ...

http://www.highbeam.com/doc/1G1-169477098.html

ThunderDan
11-04-2009, 09:16 AM

It really is pathetic.

The whole Metrodome cheered in 2007 because it was mostly Packers fans that day, not polite Vikings fans.

Article: VIKINGS NOTES; Packers fans make Dome home away from home.(SPORTS)

Article from:
Star Tribune (Minneapolis, MN)
Article date:
October 2, 2007
Author:
Zulgad, Judd; Seifert, Kevin CopyrightCOPYRIGHT 2007 Star Tribune Co. This material is published under license from the publisher through the Gale Group, Farmington Hills, Michigan. All inquiries regarding rights should be directed to the Gale Group. (Hide copyright information)

Byline: Judd Zulgad; Kevin Seifert; Staff Writers

The number of Green Bay Packers fans in attendance at the Metrodome on Sunday did not go unnoticed on the Vikings sideline.

"It seemed like we were playing at Lambeau Field," cornerback Antoine Winfield said Monday. "It was unreal. When our offense was on the field, it was loud in there. I've never been a part of a team having two home fields before."

The Packers always attract a large following when they play in Minnesota, but Sunday's announced attendance of 63,779 seemed to include more Green Bay fans than usual. This was largely because quarterback Brett Favre entered the game needing only one touchdown pass to ...

http://www.highbeam.com/doc/1G1-169477098.html

If you want to buy single game tickets for the Vikings/Packers, MINN makes you purchase a preseason game also because so many Packer fans come.

Scott Campbell
11-04-2009, 09:30 AM
The final verdict is in. After 15 months of heated deliberation, a Lambeau stadium crowd of 70,000 mostly loyal Packer fans have found Brett Favre guilty of high treason. He has forever been branded a traitor.

Pugger
11-04-2009, 10:07 AM
IMO Favre had every intention of playing for the Vikings from the end of the Jets season on. Why else would he have booked a block of hotel rooms for the weekend of the Packer-Viking game while STILL ON THE JETS TEAM?

+100000000000

With Favre and his bunch you have to watch what they DO and not what they say.

MOBB DEEP
11-04-2009, 11:11 AM
The final verdict is in. After 15 months of heated deliberation, a Lambeau stadium crowd of 70,000 mostly loyal Packer fans have found Brett Favre guilty of high treason. He has forever been branded a traitor.

I bet he's devastated too SC :cry:

Freak Out
11-04-2009, 11:15 AM

I bet he's devastated too SC :cry:

BS....when it's all said and done he'll be welcomed home with open arms.

MOBB DEEP
11-04-2009, 11:20 AM
Antonio Freeman worked with Percy Harvin (flat out STUD!) this summer on route running, etc

Coming out of Florida that was the concern of SOME teams

Gota eat crow now: ROOKIE OF THE YEAR. Thanks to Free and MAYBE Bert.... :roll:

Tyrone Bigguns
11-04-2009, 03:46 PM

QFT.

Right on. He could've been beloved forever in Wisconsin. Wisconsin's pride. Statues, legends. People centuries from now would be taking about him like they talk about Abraham Lincoln or somebody.

I can't believe anybody could be that dumb.

You are thinking even smaller than i hoped. Legendary players who only play for one team are beloved nationwide. In this day an age so rare. He had a chance to be in a pantheon that is really, really small.

He will be a HOF. But, there will always be an mental asterisk when his name comes up.

Scott Campbell
11-04-2009, 03:48 PM
I think for many people the defining moment of his career will be him getting boo'd at Lambeau field for being a traitor.

So thank you to everyone at the game who performed their civic duty and let him have it.

MadtownPacker
11-04-2009, 03:51 PM
I wonder if history will be kind enough to forget TT and M3's part in all this mess. Or do they get mental asterisks too?

Tyrone Bigguns
11-04-2009, 03:52 PM

I don't buy in to your BS in looking for an argument...not worth my time.

I do want to add though, a while back there was a thread titled, WTF is going on here....or something to that effect. Your post is a perfect example of WTF is going on. I made sure to point out my post was my opinion....and added, to each their own. You respond with belittling comments meant for nothing more than to offend and berate. Sad little world you live in, but you have a good day Ty.

Let's review. You were surprised at the booing. Why? Because you live in a world concocted to support your view of Bert. Only somebody deluded or living in a fantasy world would have been surprised that packer fans booed h im

2nd, you attempt to justify the booing so as to fit into your worldview. No, it couldn't be that they don't like him, it has to be something else. Something that will allow you to feel good about your position.

Lastly, i would rather live in my sad, but cognizant of the real world, world than live in your fantasy.

g4orce
11-04-2009, 03:53 PM
I wonder if history will be kind enough to forget TT and M3's part in all this mess. Or do they get mental asterisks too?

They wont be around long enough, just a little smudge on the history of the Green Bay Packers.

Scott Campbell
11-04-2009, 03:56 PM
I think kids watching the game on Sunday learned a valuable life lesson. No matter how rich, famous and successful you are, if you're deceitful, manipulative and expect to be treated better than regular people, you will be hated.

Tyrone Bigguns
11-04-2009, 03:57 PM

Why would they? They acted in the best interest of the team. Bert did not.

MadtownPacker
11-04-2009, 03:59 PM
I think for many people the defining moment of his career will be him getting boo'd at Lambeau field for being a traitor.

So thank you to everyone at the game who performed their civic duty and let him have it.On a side note, question for those living in different states. Here in Cali just about everyone I talk to is rooting for Favre. Not sure why because many would talk shit about him before regarding the retirement lagging. What is the vibe in other states?

g4orce
11-04-2009, 03:59 PM

They acted in what they thought was the best interest of the team. We will see how that all pans out when they are on the unemployment line.

Scott Campbell
11-04-2009, 04:00 PM
While MM and TT have been cleared of any wrong doing in the Favre matter, they're performance evaluation criteria will eventually shift back towards the team's effectiveness - where it belongs.

Tyrone Bigguns
11-04-2009, 04:01 PM

They acted in what they thought was the best interest of the team. We will see how that all pans out when they are on the unemployment line.

No. A QB that can't commit. A QB who waffles. A qb unable to do the required work. that aint' in the best interest of the TEAM.

Because it doesn't work out doesn't mean they were wrong. Back to logic class for you.

Scott Campbell
11-04-2009, 04:02 PM

So thank you to everyone at the game who performed their civic duty and let him have it.On a side note, question for those living in different states. Here in Cali just about everyone I talk to is rooting for Favre. Not sure why because many would talk shit about him before regarding the retirement lagging. What is the vibe in other states?

Not in the Bay Area. Most people I talk to are just kind of sick of the story period, and aren't that interested in blaming anybody.

g4orce
11-04-2009, 04:03 PM

No. A QB that can't commit. A QB who waffles. A qb unable to do the required work. that aint' in the best interest of the TEAM.

Because it doesn't work out doesn't mean they were wrong. Back to logic class for you.

Well the TEAM he's playing for sure seems to make it work quite well. So did the TEAM he played on last season up until his injury. So did the 2007 TEAM that he was a QB for before that.

Offseason shit is for the birds when u got a QB that can teach the coaches the offense.

Scott Campbell
11-04-2009, 04:07 PM
Here's the jury reading the verdict, and Favre's everlasting legacy:

http://video.google.com/videosearch?q=favre+booing&hl=en&emb=0&aq=f#

g4orce
11-04-2009, 04:13 PM

his legacy in your eyes. When he's done and I mean really retired, his legacy will be of one that you talk about thats historic and legendary. He will be talked about in such a high honor for his style of play and what he accomplished that I'll have a smile from ear to ear and guys like you, will want to puke. But its all ok, cuz to each his own.

Scott Campbell
11-04-2009, 04:16 PM

his legacy in your eyes.

Millions and millions of eyes - all watching Brett get the big thumbs down from the wonderful folk who fill our Lambeau Field. The people have spoken. Brett is, and always will be, a traitor.

g4orce
11-04-2009, 04:17 PM

his legacy in your eyes.

Millions and millions of eyes - all watching Brett get the big thumbs down from the wonderful folk who fill our Lambeau Field. The people have spoken. Brett is, and always will be, a traitor.

Until his name gets slapped up there with all the rest of the Packers legendary players. :lol:

Scott Campbell
11-04-2009, 04:23 PM
I wonder if he'll show his face in Lambeau after he retires for the 17th and final time knowing that he'll get boo'd for the rest of his life. I bet he gets boo'd at his HOF induction. Unprecedented.

g4orce
11-04-2009, 04:25 PM
I wonder if he'll show his face in Lambeau after he retires for the 17th and final time knowing that he'll get boo'd for the rest of his life. I bet he gets boo'd at his HOF induction. Unprecedented.

Those boo's never seemed to bother him during that game, in fact he had a smile on his face and winked at a teammate when coming out onto the field. Man you have hate in your heart!

MadtownPacker
11-04-2009, 04:27 PM
Not in the Bay Area. Most people I talk to are just kind of sick of the story period, and aren't that interested in blaming anybody.Dude I live here and I was in SF just last weekend. Favrebowl II was football topic peeps here discussed so if you want to say what utah thinks let me know. Otherwise quit sounding like a woman scorned.

Scott Campbell
11-04-2009, 04:29 PM
Not in the Bay Area. Most people I talk to are just kind of sick of the story period, and aren't that interested in blaming anybody.Dude I live here and I was in SF just last weekend. Favrebowl II was football topic peeps here discussed so if you want to say what utah thinks let me know. Otherwise quit sounding like a woman scorned.

I work in the Bay Area.

MOBB DEEP
11-04-2009, 04:30 PM
Man you have hate in your heart!

HILARIOUS

MOBB DEEP
11-04-2009, 04:31 PM
Bryant Mckinnie said Bert can do the prep, cabbage patch, and roger rabbit for all u hip ppl

MadtownPacker
11-04-2009, 04:33 PM
I work in the Bay Area.I recall you saying that so why you lying for?

Freak Out
11-04-2009, 04:35 PM
Bryant Mckinnie said Bert can do the prep, cabbage patch, and roger rabbit for all u hip ppl

Dancing in the locker room now?

Tyrone Bigguns
11-04-2009, 04:48 PM

Well the TEAM he's playing for sure seems to make it work quite well. So did the TEAM he played on last season up until his injury. So did the 2007 TEAM that he was a QB for before that.

Offseason shit is for the birds when u got a QB that can teach the coaches the offense.

The team he played LAST season? You mean that imploded? That had players dissing Favre. You mean the team that he retired from? Then unretired. Yeah, Favre surely acted in the best interest of the JETS. LOL

TEAM. Not Bert. Best interest of the TEAM. Not Bert.

Bretsky
11-04-2009, 06:14 PM

Most of the people I deal with in WI on a business level feel there are two sides to every story and are not that bitter

MJZiggy
11-04-2009, 08:40 PM
The folks out here are too pissed off about the Skins to care. Yet they're stepping VERY carefully around me and the other Pack fan this week...

gex
11-04-2009, 11:05 PM
People up here in Wisco are for the most part on Favre's side, nobody likes what TT has done to this winning organization.

gex
11-04-2009, 11:07 PM
SC doesnt have any idea of the vibe, he is just an upset child who doesnt understand how his hero could ever play for another team :lol:
And he just wants to stir the pot and rile up people who actually care about things.

pbmax
11-04-2009, 11:11 PM
People up here in Wisco are for the most part on Favre's side, nobody likes what TT has done to this winning organization.
I am not sure your location gex, but in my neck of the woods, it a minority rooting for Farve. Although that will only last until he leaves the Vikings.

Scott Campbell
11-04-2009, 11:17 PM
People up here in Wisco are for the most part on Favre's side.................

Yeah gex, that's why they boo'd the crap out of him. :lol:

Bossman641
11-04-2009, 11:25 PM

:?: Did you watch the game?

Partial
11-04-2009, 11:38 PM

He's right. Every single day on WSSP (the big sports radio network in Wisconsin) they have the "sound off line", where callers come and give a Rome style take. I would say 75% of the takes are anti-TT. Maybe 5% are pro-TT. The rest are about other stuff.

Bossman641
11-04-2009, 11:41 PM

He's right. Every single day on WSSP (the big sports radio network in Wisconsin) they have the "sound off line", where callers come and give a Rome style take. I would say 75% of the takes are anti-TT. Maybe 5% are pro-TT. The rest are about other stuff.

Come on P. You are smarter than that. Who is more likely to call into a radio station, someone who wants to bitch or someone who wants to say yea great job?

Scott Campbell
11-04-2009, 11:42 PM
70,000 people. Man, that was something.

Bretsky
11-04-2009, 11:59 PM
70,000 people. Man, that was something.

Ya, pretty sad

FYI a lot of them were not booing. Hell Justin Harrell was probably screaming so loud you could hear him on TV by himself

Scott Campbell
11-05-2009, 12:02 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DURxCQPS6tQ

There were at least 6 or 7 people not booing. I think Charles Manson would have gotten a warmer welcome.

Bretsky
11-05-2009, 12:04 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DURxCQPS6tQ

There were at least 6 or 7 people not booing. I think Charles Manson would have gotten a warmer welcome.

I've spoken to people at the game; there were plenty not booing

Partial
11-05-2009, 12:06 AM

Come on P. You are smarter than that. Who is more likely to call into a radio station, someone who wants to bitch or someone who wants to say yea great job?

A lot of people call in to say positive things about other topics, but I do agree with you.

Scott Campbell
11-05-2009, 12:06 AM
The video doesn't lie.

gex
11-05-2009, 12:29 AM
The video doesn't lie.

SC, get your trollin ass out of the Favre thread!
Your agenda is tiresome and we know how you feel.
Admin, pm this jerk and tell him to quit trying to get a rise out of people. :roll:

denverYooper
11-05-2009, 12:32 AM

how about the smurf, the popeye, and the Jerry Lewis?

green_bowl_packer
11-05-2009, 02:56 PM
The Onion is awesome.

http://www.theonion.com/content/news_briefs/brett_favre_avenges_storied?utm_source=onion_rss_d aily

Brett Favre Avenges Storied 16-Year Career With Packers

http://www.theonion.com/content/files/images/Favre.article_large_0.jpg

GREEN BAY, WI—Brett Favre beat the Green Bay Packers on Sunday for the second time this season, his decisive 38-26 victory exacting some small measure of revenge for the adulation and hero worship heaped upon him by the city of Green Bay and the entire state of Wisconsin for the better part of two decades. "It feels good to finally get retribution from the team that gave me my first chance to start, believed in me despite the pitfalls of my early career, and ensured I will be a first-ballot Hall of Famer," Favre said at a postgame press conference. "And to do it in front of those fans, who unconditionally loved me through thick and thin while I struggled with a Vicodin addiction and disastrous interceptions, just made it that much sweeter. Sixteen long years of devotion, and they're finally getting what they deserve." Favre mentioned that when he does retire, he is looking forward to "really sticking it" to the wife and daughters whose loving presence has been the one constant during his playing career.

g4orce
11-05-2009, 04:44 PM
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/10325372/It

It's the Truth: Favre's proving Thompson wrong- Jason Whitlock

The Truth can be inconvenient, impolite and painful. The reason you read my NFL Truths column is because you realize I will address the inconvenient, impolite and painful, even when the "friendly fire" damages yours truly.

Like most red-blooded, patriotic football fans, I participated in Brett Favre Celebration Week and built my Sunday around watching Favre's return to Lambeau Field.

There was wall-to-wall television, radio, blog and newspaper coverage leading up to Vikings vs. Packers. I found very little Truth in any of it.

Sports media coverage is oftentimes too polite, afraid to deliver pain and too focused on making sure anyone of any power is happy and comfortable.

That's why an innocent kid like Steve Bartman can be portrayed as the dumbest fan in all of sports and/or the primary reason the Cubs didn't reach the 2003 World Series and a buffoon like Ted Thompson can hold his head high while earning millions of dollars ruining the Green Bay Packers.

We have nothing to lose trashing Bartman. Ted Thompson might pass us some juicy trade gossip or gas our egos with press-box chitchat.

So last week the media performed a full rectal examination of Brett Favre's emotions, and no one — that I saw — took a peek into the empty cranium that upon being given control of the Packers franchise in 2005 decided its first order business was to develop the Brett Favre Relocation Plan.

Twenty-four regular-season games into Favre's removal as Green Bay's starting quarterback, Ted Thompson looks every bit as stupid as Peter Pocklington, the man who traded Wayne Gretzky to Los Angeles.

The inconvenient, impolite, painful, highly entertaining and worthy-of-ample-discussion truth is Brett Favre wanted out of Green Bay because he believes Ted Thompson is a moron. Favre spent one year in New York just so he could get to Minnesota and prove that Ted Thompson is a moron.

Halfway through the 2009 season and after two Vikings victories over the Packers, the Favre prosecution team has rested its case and anxiously awaits Thompson's defense the second half of the season.

As jury foreman, I'm ready to vote guilty on all charges. Short of winning the Super Bowl, there's not a damn thing the Packers can do to mask Thompson's incompetence.

I'll be asking my peers in the jury room to sentence Thompson to the unemployment line and hand Favre the league's MVP Award.

That's right. Halfway through the season Favre is the clear-cut MVP. It ain't even close. Right now Favre is sportsman of the year. That's not hyperbole.

If Favre's second-half play matches what he's delivered through eight games and the Vikings win the Super Bowl, he will have elevated himself to Babe Ruth, Muhammad Ali, Michael Jordan and Jim Brown status.

What Favre has done so far this season is the stuff of legends. It surpasses Ruth's "called shot" in the 1932 World Series and Joe Namath's Super Bowl guarantee. I'd put Favre's 2009 performance on par with the "Miracle on Ice" and Ali's "Rumble in the Jungle" victory.

I'm telling you, despite blanket coverage, we've totally missed the Favre story. We've failed to put this in proper context.

Favre is doing what Michael Jordan could not.

MJ hated Jerry Krause, the general manager of the Bulls. Jordan believed Krause was an idiot and was in too much of a hurry to break up Jordan, Jackson, Pippen and Rodman. Jordan "retired" and first tried to prove Krause's idiocy by managing the Wizards and then tried to prove it by playing for the Wizards.

Jordan failed. He drafted Kwame Brown No. 1 overall and put together two forgettable seasons in a Wizards uniform.

The 40-year-old Favre, however, is having the greatest season of his 19-year career. His 106 QB rating is seven points higher than his previous best. He's on pace to throw just six interceptions, which would be seven fewer than he's thrown in any season as a starter.

It's deeper than the numbers. It's the 32-yard, back-of-the-end-zone rope that beat the 49ers with two seconds to play. It's the 58-yard heave to Sidney Rice that set up the game-winning field goal to beat the Ravens. It's the seven TDs and zero interceptions in two games against the Packers.

And it's the passion for the game. Favre is the Magic Johnson of football. Like Magic, Favre's personality and emotion overwhelm his teammates. You had to bust your ass and get out on the break because you knew Magic passed out candy at the offensive end like every night was Halloween.

Guys play hard for Brett Favre. There's something about good-old boys from the South. They're natural leaders. Everybody loves them. Favre and Steve McNair were cut from the same cloth. They could connect with and inspire an opposite-race teammate just as effectively as a teammate who shared a similar background as theirs.

Favre's famous "MNF" game against the Raiders after his father died is the best testament to Favre's intangible leadership qualities. Most of the media focus on Favre's great stats and overlook the fact that Favre's receivers made numerous circus catches that night. Favre's teammates cared about him so much that they picked him up on a night when he needed a lift.

All of this reflects poorly on Ted Thompson. Favre contended throughout his final seasons in Green Bay that he could still perform at an MVP level. He wanted better support. He wondered why Thompson's first significant act as GM was picking Aaron Rodgers in the first round of the 2005 draft.

Think about that. Five years ago Thompson used a critical draft pick on a player to replace the QB capable of a 106-passer rating in 2009. The Packers had their quarterback of the future — Brett Favre.

In 2006 and 2007, the Packers led the NFL in salary-cap availability. Thompson made one significant free-agent acquisition — cornerback Charles Woodson.

The rift between Favre and Thompson became irreparable when Thompson refused to go after Randy Moss, who shares the same agent (Bus Cook) as Favre. We can assume that Favre had inside knowledge that Moss would strongly consider signing with the Packers.

Thompson is dedicated to building the Packers through the draft. Moss joined Tom Brady in New England. The Patriots won 18 straight games and Brady set nearly every single-season passing record with Moss at his side.

Brady and Peyton Manning are allegedly better QBs than Favre, who has a rep for throwing huge INTs.

Favre would contend he's more prone to give in to his gambling nature when he feels he has to compensate for a talent deficiency. In his mind, give him Randy Moss, Adrian Peterson or Reggie White and his TD-INT ratio will be 3 to 1 and he'll be in contention for the MVP.

The NFL is a win-now league. When you have a chance to pair Favre with Randy Moss, you take that opportunity, win a Super Bowl or two and deal with the consequences later. Thompson chose to avoid the consequences and plan for the future.

He tired of the Favre offseason drama, tired of catering to Favre's ego. What an idiot. Favre was right. A year after Favre led the Pack to 13-3 and the NFC Championship Game, Green Bay finished 6-10 and out of the playoffs. This year it appears the supporting cast Thompson gave Rodgers is inadequate. The offensive line can't protect Rodgers and the defense looks weak against top competition.

Meanwhile, Favre has Adrian Peterson in the backfield and Jared Allen rushing the opposing quarterback. Favre has the most talented offensive and defensive players in the league. And he's not simply riding their coattails. They're all pushing each other. Favre is doing the most.

By forcing his way out of Green Bay, retiring from the Jets after one season and staging a Flava Favre, will-he-or-won't-he drama this offseason, Favre placed an unprecedented amount of pressure on himself.

When the season started, the only people in the Favre bunker were Brett, Deanna, Bus Cook, Brad Childress, Zygi Wilf and John Madden.

The media felt burned by Favre. Fans were sick of the nonstop coverage. Fran Tarkenton made a return to relevancy blasting Favre in radio and TV interviews. Adam Schefter floated a theory/story there was tension in the Vikings locker room over Favre's arrival.

Favre has made assclowns of everybody, particularly Ted Thompson.

Ali took on the government and love-it-or-leave-it America and established a reputation as "The Greatest." Other than that, I can't think of another athlete who has exceeded what Favre has accomplished this season (without overcoming a major medical issue).

Drew Brees is putting up nice stats. Peyton Manning and the Colts are undefeated.

Brees and Manning can't touch Brett Favre. Even if the Saints and the Colts run the table, Favre is the MVP unless he falls apart down the stretch.

You can e-mail Jason at BallState0@aol.com or find him on Facebook at facebook.com/jasonwhitlock.

denverYooper
11-05-2009, 04:56 PM
Yeah, and he's a poopy doody pants too!

packerbacker1234
11-05-2009, 04:58 PM
Interesting Truth article. Naturally, there are people that feel that way. We all know TT builds for the future instead of winning now, and yeah, Brett ellivates the play of the players around in. There is no more truth in that then last season. 13-3 the year before, virtually the exact same roster minus brett, and they go 6-10. Rodgers had similar stats to favre, not similar victory counts. thats not AR's fault, but what can I say other then: When Favre is your QB, the whole team plays better for him.

Is TT an idiot? Don't know, but many think he is. Chance to pair Favre with Moss, and still have DD as the #2 and possibly a young jennings as #3? Seems like a super bowl offense to me.

Still, it's done and over with. favre is playing great. Lets see if he holds it together in the second half.

Tyrone Bigguns
11-05-2009, 05:00 PM
Interesting Truth article. Naturally, there are people that feel that way. We all know TT builds for the future instead of winning now, and yeah, Brett ellivates the play of the players around in. There is no more truth in that then last season. 13-3 the year before, virtually the exact same roster minus brett, and they go 6-10. Rodgers had similar stats to favre, not similar victory counts. thats not AR's fault, but what can I say other then: When Favre is your QB, the whole team plays better for him.

Is TT an idiot? Don't know, but many think he is. Chance to pair Favre with Moss, and still have DD as the #2 and possibly a young jennings as #3? Seems like a super bowl offense to me.

Still, it's done and over with. favre is playing great. Lets see if he holds it together in the second half.

SB offense? Really?

How did it work out for the Pats?

packerbacker1234
11-05-2009, 05:02 PM

SB offense? Really?

They got to the super bowl, didn't they? Seemed to work pretty well there. Yes, they lost the super bowl, but they did get there. And with Tom Brady out a year, they made some noise last year with that offense going 11-5. This year they look primed for another run with Brady back.

So you tell me, how did it work out? So far pretty damn well.

Pugger
11-05-2009, 05:29 PM
I don't understand how Packer fans would enjoy watching Favre and his queenies beat the Packers. Is your hatred of TT such that you'd rather have the team lose so TT would get canned? I don't give a rat's ass about TT but I DO care about the guys on the green and gold sideline and I want them to win no matter WHO the GM is. It sucked seeing BF win that game cuz it effects the prospects of the PACKERS. But it appears Favre fans are more concerned about Favre and his feelings plus rubbing it into TT's face at the expense of Rodgers and his teammates. THIS is what is sad, frankly. :(

esoxx
11-05-2009, 05:37 PM
It sucked seeing BF win that game cuz it effects the prospects of the PACKERS.

Higher draft pick.

g4orce
11-05-2009, 05:38 PM
I don't understand how Packer fans would enjoy watching Favre and his queenies beat the Packers. Is your hatred of TT such that you'd rather have the team lose so TT would get canned? I don't give a rat's ass about TT but I DO care about the guys on the green and gold sideline and I want them to win no matter WHO the GM is. It sucked seeing BF win that game cuz it effects the prospects of the PACKERS. But it appears Favre fans are more concerned about Favre and his feelings plus rubbing it into TT's face at the expense of Rodgers and his teammates. THIS is what is sad, frankly. :(

Why is it sad that we hate Ted Thompson? We hate a guy that's done nothing for us. ABSOLUTELY NOTHING FOR US! We, and I'm speaking as a Favre fan and Packers fan, want him the fuck outta town and we cannot wait for this day to happen. Then we will all be, most likely at peace as Packer fans.

Scott Campbell
11-05-2009, 06:17 PM
I hadn't seen one writer take this stance until this article. Interesting.

Bretsky
11-05-2009, 06:21 PM
Most extreme stance I've seen taken

g4orce
11-05-2009, 06:26 PM
If he continues playing as he is, it wont be the last.

I saw a guy pick him over Manning and Brees today as the MVP on 1st n 10. Lomas Brown I think is his name.

Things will continue to heat up as long as he keeps on a truckin at the pace hes going. If that helps gets TT out of our organization faster, than I'm all for it.

Tyrone Bigguns
11-05-2009, 06:28 PM

SB offense? Really?

They got to the super bowl, didn't they? Seemed to work pretty well there. Yes, they lost the super bowl, but they did get there. And with Tom Brady out a year, they made some noise last year with that offense going 11-5. This year they look primed for another run with Brady back.

So you tell me, how did it work out? So far pretty damn well.

Was our offense the reason we lost to the Giants?

There is no way to tell how Moss woulda played here. MM isn't Bellicheck. What if Favre retired with Moss on our team. Does Moss behave. His track record prior to Pats doesn't suggest that.

Hindsight is 20/20.

BTW, Moss didn't want to come here with the rules we wanted. FACT.

How did it work out? No better or worse than the pats had previously done. Well, actually worse. Prior to Moss they were winning SBs. Now, with Moss...they lose them. Therefore Moss is the reason they lost.

See, it really is that easy to defeat your argument.:wink:

P.S. Pats didn't make the playoffs last year. Making noise....is, well, making noise. Are you gonna be happy if we make noise this year.

Tyrone Bigguns
11-05-2009, 06:29 PM

Why is it sad that we hate Ted Thompson? We hate a guy that's done nothing for us. ABSOLUTELY NOTHING FOR US! We, and I'm speaking as a Favre fan and Packers fan, want him the fuck outta town and we cannot wait for this day to happen. Then we will all be, most likely at peace as Packer fans.

What did Sherman do for us?

g4orce
11-05-2009, 06:30 PM

I agree 100% with all the other stuff you said, even though I was in favor of getting him. But if you were moss and were told ud be #2 behind DD, after all he's done in this league, I dont think I'd follow those rules either haha.

gex
11-07-2009, 12:26 AM

IMO the biggest downfall of TT is the win loss record. Are we gonna have to go thru 10 years of mediocrity for a 2-3 year window.....that sucks and is not worth it for me, some don't mind. As long as they feel that TT is heading in the right direction they are willing to be middle of the pack for as long as it takes. The window never lasts for more than a few years no matter which way you build. If you go deep in the playoffs the free agents on your team are that much more sought after, and then you start having hold-outs cause they think since they helped get the team so far they are worth that much more.
2-3 year window, weather you build to win now or to win 5-7 years down the road.

Gunakor
11-07-2009, 01:19 AM

Well, he did find us our quarterback of the future - and didn't make us wait a decade or two. And paired a pretty good WR with him, and locked both up for the next half decade plus. He fixed the problems with our defensive backfield he inherited as well. Absolutely nothing? Selective memory, I guess.

You want TT out of town so badly that you want the Pack to keep on losing to force him out? Personally, I could give a rats ass who is running the show. Just as long as we're winning. We've beaten 4 teams in 2009, lost to 2, are in second place in the NFC North, and are just one game out of a wild card spot. Things could be far worse. As long as we are in the playoff conversation I see no reason for a change.

Tyrone Bigguns
11-07-2009, 01:39 AM

I agree 100% with all the other stuff you said, even though I was in favor of getting him. But if you were moss and were told ud be #2 behind DD, after all he's done in this league, I dont think I'd follow those rules either haha.

What had he done? He had caused problems with the law. Tested positive for drugs. Been a problem in the vikes locker room, and had loafed and sucked in Oakland.

Not saying i wouldn't take him, but he was a risk. And, if he is self aware of who is was back then, well, that is even more reason to be wary of getting him.

Gunakor
11-07-2009, 01:53 AM
2-3 year window, weather you build to win now or to win 5-7 years down the road.

When you start locking up 25 year old stars like Rodgers and Jennings to 7 year contracts by building from within, you extend that window. Instead of 2-3 years it becomes 4-6 years or longer. Look at the Colts. Though they only won 1 Super Bowl, they have been contenders forever now. And the biggest reason for a long time was that the Colts drafted Manning and Harrison, then locked them both up for a very long time (at an increidble cost I might add, probably why they didn't win more than 1 SB) The window has been open for them for a decade. That can't happen if you focus on the right now, specifically. And if you focus on the right now and it doesn't work out, you leave yourself in a bigger hole to climb out of than if you continually develop and promote from within and it doesn't work out.

I'm fine with a 5-7 year plan as long as I see progress from one season to the next. There was progress each of TT's first 3 seasons before Favre left, ending in an overtime loss at Lambeau on the final weekend of January. There was a significant drop in wins during a transition year - and everyone bitches about it, as if it were something that only happens to the Packers ( :?: ). Now we're in year 2 of Favre's successor at QB and we're seeing progress in the W-L column again. And some are ready to pull the rug out from under him while the team is getting better? Why?

gex
11-07-2009, 12:05 PM

When you start locking up 25 year old stars like Rodgers and Jennings to 7 year contracts by building from within, you extend that window. Instead of 2-3 years it becomes 4-6 years or longer. Look at the Colts. Though they only won 1 Super Bowl, they have been contenders forever now. And the biggest reason for a long time was that the Colts drafted Manning and Harrison, then locked them both up for a very long time (at an increidble cost I might add, probably why they didn't win more than 1 SB) The window has been open for them for a decade. That can't happen if you focus on the right now, specifically. And if you focus on the right now and it doesn't work out, you leave yourself in a bigger hole to climb out of than if you continually develop and promote from within and it doesn't work out.

I'm fine with a 5-7 year plan as long as I see progress from one season to the next. There was progress each of TT's first 3 seasons before Favre left, ending in an overtime loss at Lambeau on the final weekend of January. There was a significant drop in wins during a transition year - and everyone bitches about it, as if it were something that only happens to the Packers ( :?: ). Now we're in year 2 of Favre's successor at QB and we're seeing progress in the W-L column again. And some are ready to pull the rug out from under him while the team is getting better? Why?

So what was so wrong with Sherman then?

MOBB DEEP
11-07-2009, 01:55 PM
Looks like wifey and I are heading to Vikes at Cards

Any of you cats ever been there and know where the happenings are? I will be there friday through monday morn....? I havent been west of Minnesota

Ty, your crazy tail used to live there right?

Pugger
11-07-2009, 03:27 PM

So what was so wrong with Sherman then?

He screwed up the salary cap, had questionable drafts (BJ Sanders anyone?) and gave big money to scrubs like Cletius Hunt and Joe Johnson. When TT finally took over he didn't have any money to keep Wahle and our O line is still struggling because of it. TT has still not addressed the line and he should be taken to task about that. But if Sherman was so great why is he not coaching somewhere in the NFL? Sherman treated Favre like royalty and created a monster. Favre was allowed to skip offseason workouts, let #4 have a say in personnel moves, gave him his own dressing room and shower and I don't recall one time that Sherman ever confronted #4 after yet another boneheaded INT. TT didn't let #4 have a say in players and MM got after him for stupid plays. No wonder Favre wanted out of Green Bay.

But I will say again, I don't care about TT. I DO care about the players wearing green and gold and I want them to win. Favre is finally playing for the queens - a team he's had his eye on for a while. Favre was great when he was in GB but he isn't a Packer now so I don't want him to succeed because it affects the Packers. If your hatred of TT is such that you hope the Packers lose so TT gets canned I hope to God you are disappointed. I want the Pack to win no matter WHO the GM is.

Freak Out
11-07-2009, 03:58 PM

Any of you cats ever been there and know where the happenings are? I will be there friday through monday morn....? I havent been west of Minnesota

I'm going to Pack at Cards......Ty does still live there.

gex
11-07-2009, 05:58 PM

Lets see...

You decide Einstein.

C'mon, you can say it.

Nice post, I had forgotten that the crowd at the Metrodome had cheered for his accomplishment that day.

gex
11-07-2009, 05:59 PM
Well said, 007.

Also, well said to Deion. He is calling it exactly like it is. I can respect that.

Sad to think that Wisconsinites boo'd Favre when Viking's fans stood up and showed class and cheered when he set the record. Really, really disgusting how classless it was to boo him.

2nd

pbmax
11-07-2009, 09:08 PM
Well said, 007.

2nd
You do realize that Packer fans invaded the Metrodome for that game, and possibly more than typical? The GBPG and Minneapolis papers had coverage the next day of the number of Packer fans there. So I think its an open book on how many Viking fans were actually cheering their team getting scored on.

Polite applause for a competitor reaching a huge milestone? Possible.

But then not exactly the same as showing up in the opposite jersey, is it?

Scott Campbell
11-07-2009, 09:14 PM
They call a spade a spade in Wisconsin - and a traitor a traitor.

MJZiggy
11-07-2009, 09:15 PM
Polite applause for a competitor reaching a huge milestone? Possible.

But then not exactly the same as showing up in the opposite jersey, is it?

You took the keystrokes right outta my fingers.

mraynrand
11-07-2009, 11:20 PM
I was at the Packers Bears game at Lambeau following Payton's death. We all observed a moment of silence for a great competitor who played his entire career loyally for the team that drafted him. Payton never played the prima donna game of pondering retirement each and every year, and to my knowledge didn't complain when the RB of the future was drafted, didn't say that he wouldn't help them in their progression, didn't complain that problematic WR weren't signed, and didn't have a family and agent criticizing the GM. He never wore another jersey or said he wanted to beat his own team out of vengeance. He earned and deserved the respectful moment of silence. Favre deserved the continuous booing he got. I only wish Packer fans would do that to every Viking QB now and in the future. Here's hoping the Packers have another chance to beat the Vikings in the playoffs.

Bretsky
11-07-2009, 11:30 PM

An interesting but general question with holes.

I think you could make the case based on win loss record and playoff appearances that Sherman did a lot for this franchise when he was the coach and GM.

Who knows how he would have handled the year when Wahle, Rivera became unrestricted and TTT let Sharper go after offering him a greatly reduced salary. He didn't have that shot and then had to live with the decisions that were made.

As a GM, it's always been my view that he was very sub par. As a coach, I think he was more effective at the start than the end.

But in the end it comes down to wins and losses and titles.

His W/L record was not that bad, but he brought us no titles.

Tyrone Bigguns
11-08-2009, 02:10 AM

yeah. you are a packer fan. lol

Ty lives in AZ. Watch your back, fool.

Scott Campbell
11-08-2009, 07:35 AM

I think you could make the case based on win loss record and playoff appearances that Sherman did a lot for this franchise when he was the coach and GM.

Who knows how he would have handled the year when Wahle, Rivera became unrestricted and TTT let Sharper go after offering him a greatly reduced salary. He didn't have that shot and then had to live with the decisions that were made.

As a GM, it's always been my view that he was very sub par. As a coach, I think he was more effective at the start than the end.

I guess no titles were part of it. But the whispers about his management style probably had a lot to do with it also. Once he got himself fired as a GM, it was only a matter of time.

Who knows. If he never got the GM job in the first place, he might still be here.

MadtownPacker
11-08-2009, 10:38 AM
Ty lives in AZ. Watch your back, fool.What city and how can I hook up with you? Might be hitting that Pack @ AZ game. Gonna need dank too and not that dry compressed shit.

mraynrand
11-08-2009, 10:52 AM

I guess no titles were part of it. But the whispers about his management style probably had a lot to do with it also. Once he got himself fired as a GM, it was only a matter of time.

Who knows. If he never got the GM job in the first place, he might still be here.

How many guys do you know get shitcanned two years in a row by the same organization?

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_jG7uIJAXCcM/RsBpO6gOp1I/AAAAAAAAAjQ/8-bDeWi-ecE/s400/mike_sherman_sleeping.jpg

P.S. SC, you are slipping. I'm having to cover for you. You are going to be shitcanned.

Fritz
11-08-2009, 10:53 AM
I was at the Packers Bears game at Lambeau following Payton's death. We all observed a moment of silence for a great competitor who played his entire career loyally for the team that drafted him. Payton never played the prima donna game of pondering retirement each and every year, and to my knowledge didn't complain when the RB of the future was drafted, didn't say that he wouldn't help them in their progression, didn't complain that problematic WR weren't signed, and didn't have a family and agent criticizing the GM. He never wore another jersey or said he wanted to beat his own team out of vengeance. He earned and deserved the respectful moment of silence. Favre deserved the continuous booing he got. I only wish Packer fans would do that to every Viking QB now and in the future. Here's hoping the Packers have another chance to beat the Vikings in the playoffs.

I agree with this post.

I suspect that if someone like Peyton Manning comes into Lambeau and sets some big record, he would be politely acknowledged - after fans finish booing the safety who was out of place on the play, or whatever.

One of the reasons - and a big reason - that Favre's appearance is so much more emotional that that of Longwell or Sharper is that Favre actively encouraged the myth of the football player as loyal to a particular team forever. These guys make a lot of money plying their trade - they are professionals, and owe a team no more loyalty than the head of Boeing owes that company or the head of GE owes his or hers.

It's a business. Fans invest in loyalty to the brand, no matter who wears the colors. The NFL has an interest however in downplaying the business aspect of the game. Thus there is a concerted attempt to create the myth of the loyal player.

Favre fed the myth. And that's okay, except that once you explode the myth (I can't see myself ever playing for another team...) you are going to be called a hypocrite. Now, Leroy Butler can exploit the myth fully, and he does. He's a guy who got lucky enough to play for one team his whole life, so he can talk as if that was some choice based on his love of the Green Bay Packers. Well, that may in fact be part of it, but if he'd had a chance to get a muchlarger paycheck from some other team, don't you think he'd have gone or at least considered going?

The game has changed. Originally, it was "our guys from our city are better than your guys from your city." Well, now a team situated in the upper midwest has a QB from California and a wide receiver from Texas, and so on and so on. There's nothing regional about it.

MOBB DEEP
11-08-2009, 01:21 PM
Ty lives in AZ. Watch your back, fool.What city and how can I hook up with you? Might be hitting that Pack @ AZ game. Gonna need dank too and not that dry compressed shit.

lol at dank

MOBB DEEP
11-08-2009, 01:23 PM

I'm going to Pack at Cards......Ty does still live there.

Ty,

You gota open your house to folk...

g4orce
11-09-2009, 09:45 AM
Man, I was just looking over the Vikings schedule and it is very possible that Favre is on track for a 4th MVP. If Manning or Brees lose a game or two, which most likely happen, this is very possible. The Vikings get the Bears twice, lions, seahawks, cardinals, bengals, panthers, giants. Here's how their D stacks up against the pass.

D RANKINGS vs. PASS

TEAM YDS TDS INT QB RAT%
DET 31 21 21T 32
SEA 17 20T 10T 17
CHI(2) 12 28T 10T 24
ARI 29 24T 10T 16
CIN 25 11T 6 10
CAR 7 11T 7T 13
NYG 3 26T 10T 19

Looks like he could have 6 real good games, and 2 so-so games. If he throws 32-36 TD's with 8-10 INT's and about 3600-3800yrds with about 13-3, 14-2 records its really possible for his 4th MVP. It'd be great if him and Manning shared one. Both getting #4 with Favre being 40 and on his way out. It's something they could share because they are both great in their own ways.

g4orce
11-09-2009, 09:48 AM
can someone make that a list for me? I tried but obviously failed hah.

MOBB DEEP
11-09-2009, 10:19 AM
Rastak,

What's up on the injury front?

Winfield back after the bye?

Will you be at the Cincy game week 14?

MadtownPacker
11-09-2009, 10:21 AM

lol at dankI guess Ty's not gonna respond to my post. Funny cuz he usually responds to everything.

MOBB DEEP
11-09-2009, 10:29 AM
Looks like he could have 6 real good games, and 2 so-so games.

Amazingly vikes only have 3 road games remaining (Cards, Panthers, Bears) with only ONE being a game at a venue where the weather could impact their speed and vs. a hated rival when records dont always matter; Chicago

They will be 14-2 AT LEAST, possibly losing to a desperate Giants in week 17 when Chilly may rest cats depending on playoff seedings

however, I think All Day AP will be the focus during the next 2 months so favre may not get to 3500 yards. But his arm will be in good shape for the REAL games/playoffs....dome games all post season til mia???

Brett is SITTING PRETTY...

MOBB DEEP
11-09-2009, 10:30 AM
I guess Ty's not gonna respond to my post. Funny cuz he usually responds to everything.

i know right?! :?:

g4orce
11-09-2009, 10:34 AM
Looks like he could have 6 real good games, and 2 so-so games.

Amazingly vikes only have 3 road games remaining (Cards, Panthers, Bears) with only ONE being a game at a venue where the weather could impact their speed and vs. a hated rival when records dont always matter; Chicago

They will be 14-2 AT LEAST, possibly losing to a desperate Giants in week 17 when Chilly may rest cats depending on playoff seedings

however, I think All Day AP will be the focus during the next 2 months so favre may not get to 3500 yards. But his arm will be in good shape for the REAL games/playoffs....dome games all post season til mia???

Brett is SITTING PRETTY...
i hope ur wrong but most likely ur right. I hope they keep showcasing that 40 yr old arm that doesn't know it's 40. The more fun he has the more likely he'll be back and that's what I wanna see.

MOBB DEEP
11-09-2009, 10:37 AM
The more fun he has the more likely he'll be back and that's what I wanna see.

QFT

We are in same boat so i HOPE im wrong too; gettin another MVP would be the best ever!

My barber insists that Favre can play THREE more years! wow...imagine that!

g4orce
11-09-2009, 10:47 AM

QFT

We are in same boat so i HOPE im wrong too; gettin another MVP would be the best ever!

3 more years would be simply awesome. IMO I see him playing this year and next. I think they stumble in the NFC championship game this year and add a few key pieces this offseason and just flat out dominate everyone the following season. Brett will commit 100% full cuz they are committed to winning NOW.

packerbacker1234
11-09-2009, 12:11 PM

QFT

3 more years would be simply awesome. IMO I see him playing this year and next. I think they stumble in the NFC championship game this year and add a few key pieces this offseason and just flat out dominate everyone the following season. Brett will commit 100% full cuz they are committed to winning NOW.

They should be committed to winning now as long as AP is a stud back. Running backs have a short life span in the NFL: Need to win now with every season you have him.

Bretsky
11-10-2009, 09:43 PM
http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/69720032.html

SnakeLH2006
11-12-2009, 12:53 AM

lol at dankI guess Ty's not gonna respond to my post. Funny cuz he usually responds to everything.

Ty's shit will elevate you to a whole new level, bud.

http://surrealistcat.com/albums/surrealistcat/einstein_joint.jpg

Freak Out
11-12-2009, 01:27 AM

Ty's shit will elevate you to a whole new level, bud.

http://surrealistcat.com/albums/surrealistcat/einstein_joint.jpg

I've always want some of that shit. Hook us up man.

Tyrone Bigguns
11-12-2009, 01:47 AM

Mad,

Musta missed the original post.

Ty lives in Scottsdale.

Ty will be happy to assist in your request for the dank. PM ty if you are serious.

Tyrone Bigguns
11-12-2009, 01:51 AM
I guess Ty's not gonna respond to my post. Funny cuz he usually responds to everything.

Shut your mouth you black asshole!

Open my house? To a fuckin Favre fan. Not likely.

SnakeLH2006
11-12-2009, 02:12 AM

Sounds like you don't want to open your house to a black guy via your quote? Where you get your sticky-icky then Ty? :lol:

Snake's been to Scottsdale and had 2 WI buddies who lived there. They say it's predominately white. So what's with the Ty Biggun's black avatar then? I just don't get it.

Tyrone Bigguns
11-12-2009, 04:24 AM

Sounds like you don't want to open your house to a black guy via your quote? Where you get your sticky-icky then Ty? :lol:

Snake's been to Scottsdale and had 2 WI buddies who lived there. They say it's predominately white. So what's with the Ty Biggun's black avatar then? I just don't get it.

Normally, Ty wouldn't respond to you...as it usually proves fruitless. But, for the sake of heading off misunderstanding regarding "black asshole" Ty will.

Earlier today, Mobb referred to himself as Token from South Park. Ty responded back to Mobb, asking about him bringing his bass guitar to the game...a riff on the Christian Rock Hard episode.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christian_Rock_Hard

Since this post was in response to Mobb, Ty responded to Mobb/Token in Cartman style, using "black asshole" which was a direct quote from the episode.

As for sticky icky. If you think you have to go to black guys to get it...well, keep believing it.

As for the rest of your post, well, it just lacks logic. Even if Sdale was predominantly white, that wouldn't preclude a black or any other minority from living there.

Ty bigguns avatar? Who is Ty bigguns?

What is with Snake and an avatar of Arod and Brett. Are we to believe you are two men?

Tyrone Bigguns
11-12-2009, 04:24 AM
double post

Tyrone Bigguns
11-12-2009, 04:25 AM
damn wifi

g4orce
11-12-2009, 09:22 AM
I didn't want to start a new thread about this, but they just debated if MM took a pot shot at Favre because he is still angry at him for playing this season and beating them twice. I guess MM is quoted saying that the Cowboys offense is the best they've seen throwing and running it, stuff like that. It was an interesting debate on 1st and 10.

Packers might be falling apart more than we know.

GrnBay007
11-12-2009, 11:37 AM
I guess MM is quoted saying that the Cowboys offense is the best they've seen throwing

g4orce
11-12-2009, 01:48 PM
I guess MM is quoted saying that the Cowboys offense is the best they've seen throwing

He musta had his eyes closed when Brett was tearing him a new asshole... musta hurt. :?

Scott Campbell
11-12-2009, 02:01 PM
That was an odd comment to make after McFatty rolled over twice against the Queens.

MJZiggy
11-12-2009, 04:12 PM
That was an odd comment to make after McFatty rolled over twice against the Queens.

If that's true then we should really expect to get our asses handed to us on Sunday? Sometimes ya gotta think these things through, Mike.

MOBB DEEP
11-13-2009, 05:30 PM
During bye week Lord stayed in Minny, hunted, and helped 10 yr old daughter with homework

The dumb hick said that facing 4th and 20 is less intimidating than aiding her with her assignments.. :lol:

Like most of us parents can attest, it is insane to have to remember something you learned 20 yrs ago and havnt used since....

Hopefully his sore groin wont ruin his streak v lions

MOBB DEEP
11-13-2009, 05:38 PM
Since this post was in response to Mobb, Ty responded to Mobb/Token in Cartman style, using "black asshole" which was a direct quote from the episode.

AWESOME episode...me and wifey were cracking up

Remember how pissed he was that cartman et. al were correct that he could play the bass? Had a brutha rolln....

You dont REALLY discrimnate against fans of other teams and players like an adolscent do u?

I love hamming it up with members at my gym about their/my teams. Could be a cultural thing; i dont know ANY black folk who take it as serious as say Bossman

MOBB DEEP
11-13-2009, 05:40 PM
I guess MM is quoted saying that the Cowboys offense is the best they've seen throwing and running it, stuff like that.

This was the topic in my MM/Capers thread g

GrnBay007
11-14-2009, 11:42 AM
Fox Midseason Grade

Minnesota Vikings (7-1)
Grade: A
Making the grade: The Vikings were one turnover-filled fourth quarter against Pittsburgh from an 8-0 start. Minnesota has played sound football throughout the season and swept Green Bay in Favre Bowls I and II.

Most valuable player: QB Brett Favre. Give props to Vikings coach Brad Childress. He recognized that Favre has a lot more left in the tank than many people thought (including me). With 16 touchdowns and three interceptions, Favre's stellar play gives him the edge over two other worthy contenders on the same roster — DE Jared Allen (10.5 sacks) and RB Adrian Peterson (784 rushing yards, 9 TDs).

Biggest disappointment: Because of lingering hamstring problems, Bernard Berrian isn't as favored a passing target as fellow wide receivers Sidney Rice and rookie sensation Percy Harvin. Berrian hasn't played badly, but is on pace for the lowest per-catch average (11.1 yards) of his six-year NFL career.

Health status: Star CB Antoine Winfield (foot) should return within the next few weeks. The roster is healthy otherwise.

Second-half forecast: The Vikings have a legitimate shot at a 10-1 record with three consecutive home games upcoming against Detroit, Seattle and Chicago. In a perfect world, Minnesota wins the NFC North and clinches a first-round playoff bye early enough to let Favre rest his 40-year-old bones before the postseason begins.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/10345940/NFL-midseason-report-card:-NFC-grades

Tyrone Bigguns
11-15-2009, 01:33 AM

AWESOME episode...me and wifey were cracking up

Remember how pissed he was that cartman et. al were correct that he could play the bass? Had a brutha rolln....

You dont REALLY discrimnate against fans of other teams and players like an adolscent do u?

I love hamming it up with members at my gym about their/my teams. Could be a cultural thing; i dont know ANY black folk who take it as serious as say Bossman

Of course i remember that episode.

"I need you in my life....jesus"

Discriminate. Of course not. But, that isn't the case with you. You claim to be a packer fan, but would fly across the country to see Lord Favre.

That deserves a beating...Kunta Kinte style!

g4orce
11-15-2009, 11:52 AM
I had a dream Brett gets hurt in this game.. I really hope I'm wrong!

GrnBay007
11-15-2009, 12:08 PM
He probably won't play much after halftime because it will be such a blowout.

Scott Campbell
11-15-2009, 12:09 PM
I had a dream Brett gets hurt in this game.

Tease.

denverYooper
11-15-2009, 12:09 PM
Man, I hate the Vikings.

MJZiggy
11-15-2009, 12:10 PM
Nice stop by the Lions... :shock:

MOBB DEEP
11-15-2009, 12:19 PM
He probably won't play much after halftime because it will be such a blowout.

RT! keep that pitch count on the low end....

MOBB DEEP
11-15-2009, 12:20 PM
Nice stop by the Lions... :shock:

joking right? vikes marched rt down the field on them but redzone penalty ruined it

MOBB DEEP
11-15-2009, 12:21 PM
Man, I hate the Vikings.

Y

MOBB DEEP
11-15-2009, 12:24 PM
hanson misses an easy fg 3-0, vikes

MOBB DEEP
11-15-2009, 12:29 PM
sidney rice is kinda alright

learned from antother Gamecock Sterling Sharpe... :wink:

denverYooper
11-15-2009, 12:32 PM
http://tvmedia.ign.com/tv/image/article/837/837056/cartman-gets-an-anal-probe-20071121032210186.jpg

Ha ha ha ha ha ha!

Harvin messes up an EASY handoff!

MOBB DEEP
11-15-2009, 12:33 PM
http://tvmedia.ign.com/tv/image/article/837/837056/cartman-gets-an-anal-probe-20071121032210186.jpg

Ha ha ha ha ha ha!

Harvin messes up an EASY handoff!

redic right? he rushed it

MOBB DEEP
11-15-2009, 01:05 PM
Lord has PERFECT passer rating right now

DONT EVER RETIRE!!

MOBB DEEP
11-15-2009, 03:08 PM
Ends with a 120.5 passer rating

Screw the tractor!

BOW DOWN...

Fosco33
11-15-2009, 03:09 PM
How bout we keep all the extraneous Favre threads here Mobb???

g4orce
11-15-2009, 03:16 PM
Just another day for ole #4. Another WIN and doing it with style. If Berrian had any hands his stats wouldve been even better. 344 yrds, td NO ints and 4 plays over 40yds... FUN to watch as usual.

MOBB DEEP
11-15-2009, 03:19 PM

Seriously im fine with it!

Feel sifled tho but i dont like irking folk

Partial
11-15-2009, 03:36 PM

I think this rule should apply to every non-Packer.

MOBB DEEP
11-15-2009, 03:42 PM

Or jus ex-packers who still play well like sharper?

i GOTA be able to discuss Vick da Great and Gado

MOBB DEEP
11-15-2009, 07:02 PM
depending on what transpires tonite Lord favre may have #1 qb rating for the week... :roll:

Scott Campbell
11-15-2009, 07:04 PM

Discuss with whom? You mostly post to yourself.

Rastak
11-15-2009, 07:07 PM

Gotta agree with my new best friend Scott....... :lol: :lol: :lol:

MOBB DEEP
11-15-2009, 07:16 PM

Thats b/c all you whining skirts have run off the staunch BF supporters! Good job ladies

Makes you all girlie men imo

Like Tyson said, yal wouldnt last a minute in my world

LOL

thin skinned non-athletic punks

"dont mention favre, it hurts our feelings" as gay BS

MOBB DEEP
11-15-2009, 07:21 PM
i actually do wish there was a forum for pack fans who still support brett

SC ur smart, how can we create one? i cant stomach the vikes forums and am disappointed in the estrogen-filled, myopic packer-only forums

MOBB DEEP
11-15-2009, 07:33 PM

Pretty rude there referencing slavery like its cute

OF COURSE not as bad as talking about favre

Rastak
11-15-2009, 07:48 PM

Par for the course MOBB.

ND72
11-15-2009, 09:43 PM
So I totally forgot to mention this after the Packer/Vikes game @ Lambeau.

We always park at Ace hardware down the road from Lambeau...so we cross the road, and we're walking across the north side of the Stadium, just total Favre bashing (my buddy and I). F Favre this, F Favre that.....3 good looking women walking ahead of us.......middle one turns around, it's Deanna Favre. She turned around and looked at us...

"Oh, Hi Deanna"....

She turns and walks away, my buddy (typical him)...."That bitch..."

Partial
11-15-2009, 09:45 PM

I read this and thought it was completely out of line as well. Completely inappropriate and not okay.

MJZiggy
11-15-2009, 09:50 PM
I can't be sure, but I think he's quoting whatever show it was you guys were discussing at the time...

MOBB DEEP
11-15-2009, 10:18 PM
I can't be sure, but I think he's quoting whatever show it was you guys were discussing at the time...

NOPE...

Have you been under a rock for 30 years?

Thats a character from Roots, an epic movie about slavery, lynching, etc from the late 70s. Angered and informed black folk

Ty's one of those cats you joke with who ends up taking things too far then feigns ignorance lol...plenty cats like him caught a black eye during my youth since i attended mostly-white institutions of higher learning. I wonder (not really) how many ppl at packerrats are actually racists but like the entertainment that black folk provide. That is, wont deal with us on any significant level but like our athleticism and swag... corny little weiner bastards...he he....

How old are u? U ever dated a big black buck?

MJZiggy
11-15-2009, 10:24 PM
I saw Roots, dear. I was referring to the Bigguns character that the two of you were discussing. Ty is a lot of things, but one thing he isn't, is that stupid.

And I am old enough. I have dated a big black buck until I found out he was living with another woman. That ends it instantly regardless of color.

Scott Campbell
11-15-2009, 10:24 PM

We always park at Ace hardware down the road from Lambeau...so we cross the road, and we're walking across the north side of the Stadium, just total Favre bashing (my buddy and I). F Favre this, F Favre that.....3 good looking women walking ahead of us.......middle one turns around, it's Deanna Favre. She turned around and looked at us...

"Oh, Hi Deanna"....

<HIGH FIVE!>

Scott Campbell
11-15-2009, 10:38 PM
Thats b/c all you whining skirts have run off the staunch BF supporters! Good job ladies.

Look at all the Bert Favre supporters.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-L5UyGDlVM

gex
11-15-2009, 11:22 PM
Thats b/c all you whining skirts have run off the staunch BF supporters! Good job ladies.

Look at all the Bert Favre supporters.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-L5UyGDlVM :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

gex
11-15-2009, 11:25 PM
Once again SC, get your trollin ass out of the Favre thread.

Tyrone Bigguns
11-16-2009, 12:41 AM

Par for the course MOBB.

Yes, as is your sanctimonious comment.

Tyrone Bigguns
11-16-2009, 12:43 AM

I read this and thought it was completely out of line as well. Completely inappropriate and not okay.

Who the fuck asked you.

Obviously intended as HUMOR..and received by Mobb as such. Or do your really believe Mobb thinks getting a whipping is less offensive than talking negatively about Favre.

Tyrone Bigguns
11-16-2009, 12:49 AM

NOPE...

Have you been under a rock for 30 years?

Thats a character from Roots, an epic movie about slavery, lynching, etc from the late 70s. Angered and informed black folk

Ty's one of those cats you joke with who ends up taking things too far then feigns ignorance lol...plenty cats like him caught a black eye during my youth since i attended mostly-white institutions of higher learning. I wonder (not really) how many ppl at packerrats are actually racists but like the entertainment that black folk provide. That is, wont deal with us on any significant level but like our athleticism and swag... corny little weiner bastards...he he....

How old are u? U ever dated a big black buck?

Ty doesn't feign ignorance. That aint' cool, but what else would one expect from a favre fan. You are the king of feigning ignorance.

Ty is a cat that often will push the boundaries of humor and taste. And, will apologize if a line has been crossed. That is what happens, especially when humor involves touchy subjects.

Simple way to avoid situations like this Mobb..don't start joking about touchy subjects. Remember you brought race as a subject and one where it was a subject of humor.

But, any Pack fan that would fly across the country to see favre...does deserve a beating.

MOBB DEEP
11-16-2009, 04:32 AM
I have dated a big black buck until I found out he was living with another woman.

Dayum...ppl are ill

Tyrone Bigguns
11-16-2009, 04:43 AM
didn't know ziggy dug the purple crayon. :)

MOBB DEEP
11-16-2009, 05:25 AM
Simple way to avoid situations like this Mobb..don't start joking about touchy subjects. Remember you brought race as a subject and one where it was a subject of humor.

MJ says ur smart so i KNOW u know the difference b/w a person being self-effacing (which i pride myself on) and another person/ppl insulting them; comedians do it all the time.

And i know Ty gets off on getting a rise out of ppl in cyberspace like most self-loathing, picked-on-in-highschool, never got the girl morons so i usually give him a pass, plus he's funny like SC and Pb :wink:

thought it was tasteless for sure but wasnt REALLY mad just dismayed that a few hosers jumped all over me for starting a FAVRE FOR MVP thread b/c i think its crazy that ppl get so angered over some PERSON being mentioned but have no angst over an INSTITUTION/atrocity like chattel salvery being mentioned??!!!! :?: Clearly the demographics here lends itself to this quandry :x

NO ONE can convince me that the mentioning of BFs name should elicit SO much frustration. Let me break some news to those who dont get it:

NO ONE IN THE PACKER ORG, OR NFL FOR THAT MATTER, HAS ANY ALLEGIANCE TO YOU SO STOP ACTING LIKE ITS MORE THAN A BUSINESS/FORM OF ENTERTAINMENT THAT IS MEANINGLESS AT THE END OF THE DAY

After a loss some cats are all torn up around here when the majority of pro athletes forget about the game 15 mins after it ends kiddies.

I REALLY dig brett but how maladjusted and lame i would be if i got mad if some1 makes neg comments about him on a forum; or makes fun of him when he plays poorly?! :roll: I wouldnt give a rat's as; he aint my daddy (clealry TT, MM, and curly lambeau's daddy tho..he he...)...All the banter is HILARIOUS to me and is what made this forum fun before all the sanctioning. i wonder how much sanctioning would have been done if favre played like cutler?! probably would be tons of favre-bashing threads created by some insecure simpletons.... hmmmm

Gay as heck (gay = ebonics for whack, stupid) to get all bent out of shape b/c some dude's name is brought up like a bunch of jealous skirts. I assume some of u fatso's played sports. I did. and i got heckled at away games. it built resolve and became funny/fun. Surely u grown men here should be able to handle the favre talk w/o whining and suggesting that posters get banned :lol:

FAVRE FOR MVP biatches....

MOBB DEEP
11-16-2009, 05:32 AM

"Oh, Hi Deanna"....

<HIGH FIVE!>

Way to stand for something honorable.... :roll:

MOBB DEEP
11-16-2009, 05:40 AM

I actually like her now....

MJ, dont u live near me here in Prince George's Co, Maryland? :wink:

Are you similar to my boo Elizabeth Lambert??

pbmax
11-16-2009, 07:20 AM
And i know Ty gets off on getting a rise out of ppl in cyberspace like most self-loathing, picked-on-in-highschool, never got the girl morons so i usually give him a pass, plus he's funny like SC and Pb :wink:
I must be closer to a temporary ban than I realized (if that pb was referencing me)! :lol:

g4orce
11-16-2009, 08:54 AM
What I've noticed about Brett is that his feet seem quicker than in years past. He may not be running but he sure is moving very well within the pocket. He's still got the ability to make the one guy miss. He's not gonna deke out 2-3 guys anymore but still spry enough to buy enough time with pump fake or a side step. Helps that his rocket arm us still well above average also.

MOBB DEEP
11-16-2009, 12:30 PM
I must be closer to a temporary ban than I realized (if that pb was referencing me)! :lol:

yep...

MOBB DEEP
11-16-2009, 12:30 PM
What I've noticed about Brett is that his feet seem quicker than in years past. He may not be running but he sure is moving very well within the pocket. He's still got the ability to make the one guy miss. He's not gonna deke out 2-3 guys anymore but still spry enough to buy enough time with pump fake or a side step. Helps that his rocket arm us still well above average also.

+1

swede
11-16-2009, 01:12 PM
I haven't any respect for Favre the person. None.

Favre the football player is doing some amazing things this year. Amazing.

His quickness in the pocket, his decision making, his ability to control the defense with looks and pump fakes are amazing. Beyond AD/AP's influence, I think there may be some chemistry between Bevel and Favre as well, with Bevel skillfully playing up Favre's strengths.

Favre is also so single-minded right now. He went from Terry Bradshaw to Peyton Manning in one season, showing tremendous effort in shaping teamwork and communication with Viking receivers.

Right now, I wouldn't root against him if he took the Vikes to the Big Game.

But then the ungrateful sonuvagun can go into the Hall of Fame as a Viking. Screw him. Why did he never give us that commitment?

Scott Campbell
11-16-2009, 04:34 PM
No doubt, the Traitor is playing very well. But I'll root against the filthy swine every time he takes the field.

MJZiggy
11-16-2009, 06:53 PM

Dude you're married. So I dated a black guy a decade ago. So what?

Tyrone Bigguns
11-16-2009, 08:21 PM

MJ says ur smart so i KNOW u know the difference b/w a person being self-effacing (which i pride myself on) and another person/ppl insulting them; comedians do it all the time.

thought it was tasteless for sure but wasnt REALLY mad just dismayed that a few hosers jumped all over me for starting a FAVRE FOR MVP thread b/c i think its crazy that ppl get so angered over some PERSON being mentioned but have no angst over an INSTITUTION/atrocity like chattel salvery being mentioned??!!!! :?: Clearly the demographics here lends itself to this quandry :x

NO ONE can convince me that the mentioning of BFs name should elicit SO much frustration. Let me break some news to those who dont get it:

NO ONE IN THE PACKER ORG, OR NFL FOR THAT MATTER, HAS ANY ALLEGIANCE TO YOU SO STOP ACTING LIKE ITS MORE THAN A BUSINESS/FORM OF ENTERTAINMENT THAT IS MEANINGLESS AT THE END OF THE DAY

After a loss some cats are all torn up around here when the majority of pro athletes forget about the game 15 mins after it ends kiddies.

I REALLY dig brett but how maladjusted and lame i would be if i got mad if some1 makes neg comments about him on a forum; or makes fun of him when he plays poorly?! :roll: I wouldnt give a rat's as; he aint my daddy (clealry TT, MM, and curly lambeau's daddy tho..he he...)...All the banter is HILARIOUS to me and is what made this forum fun before all the sanctioning. i wonder how much sanctioning would have been done if favre played like cutler?! probably would be tons of favre-bashing threads created by some insecure simpletons.... hmmmm

Gay as heck (gay = ebonics for whack, stupid) to get all bent out of shape b/c some dude's name is brought up like a bunch of jealous skirts. I assume some of u fatso's played sports. I did. and i got heckled at away games. it built resolve and became funny/fun. Surely u grown men here should be able to handle the favre talk w/o whining and suggesting that posters get banned :lol:

ty doesn't see anything he posted as insulting to you.

Tasteless. Ok. That is all a matter of taste..and subjectivity. Like Ty said, Ty will dance close to the edge. And if Ty goes over...just smack him and say "you crossed the line."

As for your assertion that i get off on getting a rise. Couldn't be further from the truth, as is your conclusion about who i was in high school.

In fact, i think it is funny that you would call me or others out on that..as you are king of it. Starting Favre threads on a packer forum...seems like that is about getting a rise outta people. As is the Sharper shit as well.

Anyway, let's skip controversial subjects like Favre and get back to you calling you a black asshole.

MOBB DEEP
11-17-2009, 01:00 PM

NOT married!

More ebonics teaching: wifey can stand for current girlfriend/boo/girl u r interested in and things are looking positive/someone u WOULD marry if certain thing are in place like compatibility and child-rearing theories and practices

Where do you live? are u from Md?

MOBB DEEP
11-17-2009, 01:05 PM

Tasteless. Ok. That is all a matter of taste..and subjectivity. Like Ty said, Ty will dance close to the edge. And if Ty goes over...just smack him and say "you crossed the line."

As for your assertion that i get off on getting a rise. Couldn't be further from the truth, as is your conclusion about who i was in high school.

In fact, i think it is funny that you would call me or others out on that..as you are king of it. Starting Favre threads on a packer forum...seems like that is about getting a rise outta people. As is the Sharper shit as well.

Anyway, let's skip controversial subjects like Favre and get back to you calling you a black asshole.

He He...i dont know your heritage so i cant make as many funnies as u...black is black b/c the white man raped afrika....white folks on the other hand claim to be part german, polish, irish, etc...basically mutts...even got Tiger leaning towards his recessive gene

i believe u mentioned being jewish so u BETTER be wealthy if so...NO excuse

btw, today is Founder's Day for OMEGA PSI PHI fraternity, Inc so I took off work and all my peeps are textn me "Happy....." including Zack Crockette and Zo....Ques rule!

Freak Out
11-17-2009, 01:15 PM

He He...i dont know your heritage so i cant make as many funnies as u...black is black b/c the white man raped afrika....white folks on the other hand claim to be part german, polish, irish, etc...basically mutts...even got Tiger leaning towards his recessive gene

btw, today is Founder's Day for OMEGA PSI PHI fraternity, Inc so I took off work and all my peeps are textn me "Happy....." including Zack Crockette and Zo....Ques rule!

I didn't know you were Greek? :wink:

MOBB DEEP
11-17-2009, 01:17 PM

I didn't know you were Greek? :wink:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

woodbuck27
11-17-2009, 06:59 PM
It's a little early to be thinking Favre for MVP but he sure is getting all he needs together to get that award.

He started off this season slow in the first two games. Learning the offense and getting his communication up with his receivers. With that accomplished he's playing as well as he ever has or he's playing outstanding football.

He leads the NFL in QBR @ 107.5. He has 2269 Yards passing and looking decent for another 4K yard season. He has 17 TD pass's and only 3 picks and a 8 W - 1L record **. Great numbers and he's definitely all commited and a dedicated leader on his team.

Will he be the MVP? We'll see.

Brett Favre has been 30 W and 11 L over the past three seasons. Lots of football remaining in this man.

MJZiggy
11-17-2009, 09:04 PM

NOT married!

More ebonics teaching: wifey can stand for current girlfriend/boo/girl u r interested in and things are looking positive/someone u WOULD marry if certain thing are in place like compatibility and child-rearing theories and practices

Where do you live? are u from Md?

Fine. Please see post above for how I feel about guys with "wifeys" hanging around. 'Sides, if all you have to be is interested, shouldn't you be worried about whether there's a "husbandy" floating around here?

Tyrone Bigguns
11-17-2009, 09:08 PM

Black men also raped africa. Might wanna include that in your dissertation.

Congrats on Founders Day. Perhaps you might wanna learn your famous member's names. CROCKETT.

Ty is guessing you didn't make it in on merit...you sound like a legacy.

Sigh.

gex
11-21-2009, 04:26 PM
It's a little early to be thinking Favre for MVP but he sure is getting all he needs together to get that award.

He started off this season slow in the first two games. Learning the offense and getting his communication up with his receivers. With that accomplished he's playing as well as he ever has or he's playing outstanding football.

He leads the NFL in QBR @ 107.5. He has 2269 Yards passing and looking decent for another 4K yard season. He has 17 TD pass's and only 3 picks and a 8 W - 1L record **. Great numbers and he's definitely all commited and a dedicated leader on his team.

Will he be the MVP? We'll see.

Brett Favre has been 30 W and 11 L over the past three seasons. Lots of football remaining in this man.

Man, thats hard to believe that at 40 years old he can still do those things...I know I can't at 37.

packerbacker1234
11-21-2009, 04:33 PM
Yeah 30 - 11 the last three seasons: Pretty amazing honestly, especially with his age.

The guy can definitely still play football. MVP? may be early, be he has to be one of the front runners right now.

Him, Manning, and Brees - the 3 true front runners at this point.

SnakeLH2006
11-21-2009, 10:18 PM
Yeah 30 - 11 the last three seasons: Pretty amazing honestly, especially with his age.

The guy can definitely still play football. MVP? may be early, be he has to be one of the front runners right now.

Him, Manning, and Brees - the 3 true front runners at this point.

QFT

MOBB DEEP
11-22-2009, 12:45 PM
FAVRE 'N HARVIN TD...7-0

Lord have Percy...

GrnBay007
11-22-2009, 12:52 PM

GrnBay007
11-22-2009, 01:03 PM

Fosco33
11-22-2009, 01:07 PM
Now that we're past the Vikes and they are locking up the division. It amazes me to see #4 playing so well (12/14 for 100+ and 2 TDs). Impressive.

Bretsky
11-22-2009, 01:09 PM
Now that we're past the Vikes and they are locking up the division. It amazes me to see #4 playing so well (12/14 for 100+ and 2 TDs). Impressive.

yup; and he only has a couple games in the cold; perfect setup for him to succeed

MOBB DEEP
11-22-2009, 01:14 PM
FAVRE THREE TD'S IN THE HALF!

15 years of 20-plus td's

Dayum!

GrnBay007
11-22-2009, 01:14 PM
WOW #20 ....and he's spreading it out too!

MOBB DEEP
11-22-2009, 01:16 PM
WOW #20 ....and he's spreading it out too!

GO BUCS!

GrnBay007
11-22-2009, 01:55 PM
#21!

22/25, 213 yds, 4 TD's. Nice day!

Ya, I think he made a good business decision.

MOBB DEEP
11-22-2009, 01:57 PM
#21!

FOUR td's today

sit him down now, his work is done and he aint no spring chicken

22nd game with 4 td's

MOBB DEEP
11-22-2009, 02:10 PM
22-25, 213 yards, 4 td's and favre is done for the day

GREAT idea Chilly; earn that paycheck!

RUN THAT BALL...!!

gex