PDA

View Full Version : OFFICIAL BRETT THE LIVING LEGEND THREAD

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46

Scott Campbell
11-22-2009, 04:54 PM
Mr. 313 played really well again today.

what does 313 mean?

It means you don't know your Favre records very well.

MOBB DEEP
11-22-2009, 04:57 PM
oops

MOBB DEEP
11-22-2009, 04:58 PM
It means you don't know your Favre records very well.

I just want to hear you say it SC

gex
11-22-2009, 06:45 PM
I'm just happy as hell that he keeps putting up these kind of numbers week in and week out!
Thee Favre will have a lock down on most of the records when he does retire. It worried me with Paul Manning getting close, but after this year and maybe next, Favre will be #1 in the books for a long time :D

mraynrand
11-23-2009, 10:11 AM
FFs are really out in full force here.

mraynrand
11-23-2009, 10:15 AM
One thing this year (and last before Favre's 'injury') clear up is the "Was Favre great or did the talent around him make him great?" With all quarterbacks, you have to have some talent to be productive, but clearly Favre has made decent receivers and TEs look better than they are in NY and in MN, just as he did in GB with guys like Brooks, Freeman, Chmura, and even an over the hill Jackson. Favre is the man!

woodbuck27
11-23-2009, 05:57 PM
One thing this year (and last before Favre's 'injury') clear up is the "Was Favre great or did the talent around him make him great?" With all quarterbacks, you have to have some talent to be productive, but clearly Favre has made decent receivers and TEs look better than they are in NY and in MN, just as he did in GB with guys like Brooks, Freeman, Chmura, and even an over the hill Jackson. Favre is the man!

In 2007 Favre led us to a 13-3 record and the playoffs. He carried the team until Grant picked it up at RB and support Favre's heroics. If you'll recall. Tom Brady won the MVP that season playing lights out with Randy Moss in the fold at New England. Favre was the popular second choice for MVP in 2007. Favre was the outstanding QB in the NFL for as I recall it in 4 weeks of that schedule.

Last season (2008) Favre again took the hapless NY Jetrs from 4 wins in 2007 to 9 wins. This season the NY Jets are sitting to date at 4 wins. They won't win nine games. Favre!

We see where Minny is this season and a lot of credit has been given to Favre the outstanding QB and leader.

Yes. Favre is the man.

ThunderDan
11-23-2009, 06:18 PM
Lasy seaso (2008) Favre again tooki the hapless NY Jetrs from 4 wins in 2007 to 9 wins. This season the NY Jets are sitting to date at 4 wins. They won't win nine games. Favre!

Yes. Favre is the man.

Really??? You don't think there is any difference in starting a 10 year vet like Favre or Pennington over a rookie that stayed 3 years in college.

Favre is playing great this year.

woodbuck27
11-24-2009, 06:10 PM

In 2007 Favre led us to a 13-3 record and the playoffs. He carried the team until Grant picked it up at RB and support Favre's heroics. If you'll recall . Tom Brady won the MVP that season playing lights out with Randy Moss in the fold at New England. Favre was the popular second choice for MVP in 2007 and was the outstanding QB in the NFL for as I recall it, 4 weeks.

Last season (2008) Favre again took the hapless NY Jetrs from 4 wins in 2007 to 9 wins. This season the NY Jets are sitting, to date, at 4 wins. They won't win nine games. Favre!

We see where Minny is this season and a lot of credit has been given to Favre the outstanding QB and leader.

Since Favre left us his teams have won 18 games and the team he led to a 13-3 team, and that would be the Green Bay Packers, are 12 wins and 14 loss's over the same span of regular season games.

Yes. Favre is the man.

Scott Campbell
11-24-2009, 06:21 PM
Virtual stuttering.

Bretsky
11-24-2009, 10:18 PM
about time he gets the coaching he needed to put up these kind of numbers :lol:

GrnBay007
11-24-2009, 11:25 PM

:flm:

LOL

and/or supporting cast!

gex
11-25-2009, 12:03 AM

:flm:

LOL

and/or supporting cast!

Tru dat 8-)

mraynrand
11-25-2009, 08:16 AM
Where's the scar!!!??? Show us the scar!

mngolf19
11-25-2009, 12:36 PM
Interview with the Vikes announcer today said that Longwell was likely the biggest contributor to getting Favre in purple. He called constantly from March on. Actually used the words most valuable person in describing the effort from Longwell.

AtlPackFan
11-25-2009, 12:45 PM
Interview with the Vikes announcer today said that Longwell was likely the biggest contributor to getting Favre in purple. He called constantly from March on. Actually used the words most valuable person in describing the effort from Longwell.

March of '08??? :wink: :mrgreen:

Rastak
11-25-2009, 06:39 PM

That would be legal I think. Players can call each other all they want to and say what they want.

You'll hear that stuff in interviews at the Pro Bowl actually. "Hey, you gotta sign with us, man". Lots of that sort of thing.

AtlPackFan
11-26-2009, 08:29 AM

That would be legal I think. Players can call each other all they want to and say what they want.

You'll hear that stuff in interviews at the Pro Bowl actually. "Hey, you gotta sign with us, man". Lots of that sort of thing.

:shock: :oops:
Just jokin' Rastak.

sharpe1027
11-26-2009, 09:43 AM

I'm not so sure. I think they may just ignore it, but it might still be tampering. Unless they don't consider players as part of the club, which is possible, but seems unlikely. Plus, making an off-the-cuff comment or two is a bit different than a series of calls and lobbying.

Personally, I don't think there is much doubt the Minnesota *could* have been dinged for tampering, but that could probably be said for most teams at one point or another.

Found this definition from the NFL:
The term tampering as used within the NFL refers to any interference by a member club with the employer/employee relationship of another club or any attempt by a club to impermissibly induce the person to seek employment with that club or with the NFL.

woodbuck27
11-27-2009, 02:00 PM
http://www.nfl.com/partner?partnerType=players-air-and-ground

Favre, Williams Week 11 FedEx Air & Ground Players of the Week

Brett Favre leads all NFL QB's as FedEx Air Player of the week through ten weeks of the schedule in 2009.

Weekly winners:

1: Drew Brees, Adrian Peterson
2: Drew Brees, Frank Gore
3: Peyton Manning, Maurice Jones-Drew
4: Brett Favre, Rashard Mendenhall
5: Peyton Manning, Cedric Benson
6: Drew Brees, Thomas Jones
7: Carson Palmer, Cedric Benson
8: Brett Favre, Chris Johnson
9: Kurt Warner, Michael Turner
10: Brett Favre, Adrian Peterson
11: Brett Favre, Ricky Williams

ThunderDan
11-27-2009, 02:04 PM

Brett Favre leads all NFL QB's as FedEx Air Player of the week through ten weeks of the schedule in 2009.

Weekly winners:

Isn't that voted on by the fans and not an impartial judge/observer?

woodbuck27
11-27-2009, 02:20 PM

Weekly winners:

That's correct ThunderDan but fans don't nominate those eligible based on play as finalists.

In each of those weeks Brett Favre deserved the recognition of fans he was given for his outstanding contribution. :D

ThunderDan
11-27-2009, 02:26 PM

Weekly winners:

That's correct ThunderDan but fans don't nominate those eligible based on play as finalists.

In each of those weeks Brett Favre deserved the recognition of fans he was given for his outstanding contribution. :D

Let's see as a fan I could have voted for Brady Quin, Matt Stafford or Brett Favre last week!! I bet the voting wasn't even close eventhou the performances were!

woodbuck27
11-27-2009, 03:04 PM

Weekly winners:

Let's see as a fan I could have voted for Brady Quin, Matt Stafford or Brett Favre last week!! I bet the voting wasn't even close eventhou the performances were!

The voting shouldn't have been close Packer fan.

Brett Favre had another career day. He passed for 88% or was 22 for 25 and four TD's. That four TD game set him up for another NFL record or the most 4 TD or more games, passing the great Dan Marino.

MOBB DEEP
11-29-2009, 03:53 PM
Favre to harvin for 5th TD this season..

GrnBay007
11-29-2009, 04:02 PM

Bretsky
11-29-2009, 04:13 PM
#23 on a nice roll out

Chevelle2
11-29-2009, 04:21 PM
I'm hoping his 40 year old body breaks down....hoping....

ThunderDan
11-29-2009, 04:21 PM

Weekly winners:

The voting shouldn't have been close Packer fan.

Brett Favre had another career day. He passed for 88% or was 22 for 25 and four TD's. That four TD game set him up for another NFL record or the most 4 TD or more games, passing the great Dan Marino.

Stafford goes 26/43 422y 5td 2 int, a game winner with no time and a dislocated shoulder
Quinn goes 21/33 304y 4td

Favre has name recognition that Quinn and Stafford never will.

Partial
11-29-2009, 04:22 PM

I'm hoping he wins a super bowl, personally. I still think the Eagles are gonna represent the NFC, though.

Chevelle2
11-29-2009, 04:22 PM

I'm hoping he wins a super bowl, personally. I still think the Eagles are gonna represent the NFC, though.

Well yeah, we already know you aren't a Packer fan. No need to remind us.

TennesseePackerBacker
11-29-2009, 04:24 PM

:lol:

Bretsky
11-29-2009, 04:30 PM
The Balance of power has definitely shifted closer to the middle

Indy seems to be the class of the AFC. Who is behind them ? The only other team that might really scare me in the playoffs if I was Indy is New England....maybe a healthy Pittsburg

The Saints and Vikings seem to belong with Indy.

And several NFC teams might be in that second tier with Pittsburg..etc.

THIS MIGHT BE A FUN SUPER BOWL....assume GB is not in

Favre/Brees...vs....Manning/Brady

Makings of a hyped shootout

Bossman641
11-29-2009, 04:34 PM

Just out of curiosity, what has you so high on the Eagles?

Partial
11-29-2009, 04:38 PM

Game speed. Best QB in the NFC. Great coach. A young team starting to peak. Many things really. They're not dominant but they're crafty and can close.

They're hurting without Westbrook, especially in the cold weather style short passing offense, but they'll be okay I think.

Inside I think they have the speed to match up with just about anybody. And I think it's pretty obvious at this point the NFC is going through a domed stadium.

They were my preseason pick and I will ride them until they fail.

Partial
11-29-2009, 04:40 PM

Rather not lump myself in with a sick mofo who wishes ill upon someone he A) used to cheer for B) any human period. I'm not that manic.

Bossman641
11-29-2009, 04:43 PM

Game speed. Best QB in the NFC. Great coach. A young team starting to peak. Many things really. They're not dominant but they're crafty and can close.

Great coach? Maybe during the week but he is horrible in-game.

I think they are a decent team but we have different definitions of peaking - they barely beat an awful WASH team today and inched by the Bears last week.

GrnBay007
11-29-2009, 04:46 PM
.edit

Bretsky
11-29-2009, 04:46 PM
I picked the Eagles to go to the SB at beginning of the season as well. They were a popular pick and would be in better shape if not for all the injuries. I picked the Pats as well....and would not be surprised if they make it to the SB...or miss the playoffs.

Bretsky
11-29-2009, 04:47 PM

Premature Touchdownulation !!!

Partial
11-29-2009, 04:48 PM

I think they are a decent team but we have different definitions of peaking - they barely beat an awful WASH team today and inched by the Bears last week.

You're crazy. You don't get to 5 NFC Championship games by being a bad in-game coach. He's in the upper echelon of coaches.

We'll learn more about them the next few weeks.

I think there is a chance they go 4-1 to end the season despite a ridiculously difficult schedule. 3-2 should get them in I'd think.

Bretsky
.edit

BUSTED :!: :!: :!: :!: :!:

GrnBay007
.edit

BUSTED :!: :!: :!: :!: :!:

LOL

Brat!

GrnBay007
11-29-2009, 04:49 PM
NOW #24 lol

MOBB DEEP
11-29-2009, 04:51 PM
I, the Lord, have spoken.,... :D :D :D :D

Better numbers in the 1st half than Peyton had all game!

4 MVPs?

Partial
11-29-2009, 04:57 PM

4 MVPs?

Co-MVPS imo. They'll split it and each have 4 after the year.

Scary to think we gave away an MVP for a 3rd round pcik :idea: I understand the situation, but still, eye opening nonetheless.

Chevelle2
11-29-2009, 04:57 PM

4 MVPs?

Scary to think we gave away an MVP for a 3rd round pcik :idea: I understand the situation, but still, eye opening nonetheless.

He hasn't received the MVP yet.

Bretsky
11-29-2009, 04:59 PM
We took a 3rd round pick to keep him away from the Vikings for a year
It seemed to work out alright since we were able to package it to move up for Clay Matthews.

Partial
11-29-2009, 05:05 PM
It seemed to work out alright since we were able to package it to move up for Clay Matthews.

I agree, and given the situation they got a deal. Just crazy to think about when looking at the lowest common denominator.

IMO, no matter what happened last year, it was happening this year regardless. ARod was playing this year no matter what, and he has played pleasantly well the past few weeks. He may be a gamer after all. Just gotta keep it up.

Clay is my favorite packer so I'm eternally grateful for the draft choice.

Bretsky
11-29-2009, 05:10 PM

I agree, and given the situation they got a deal. Just crazy to think about when looking at the lowest common denominator.

IMO, no matter what happened last year, it was happening this year regardless. ARod was playing this year no matter what, and he has played pleasantly well the past few weeks. He may be a gamer after all. Just gotta keep it up.

Clay is my favorite packer so I'm eternally grateful for the draft choice.

There is the saving grace; without the Favre trade we never draft Clay Matthews

MOBB DEEP
11-29-2009, 05:49 PM
Lord have Percy

th87
11-29-2009, 05:57 PM
Is there justice in football?

Favre is FINALLY playing exactly like we had hoped he would all these years. Only it's with the Vikings.

That stings.

channtheman
11-29-2009, 06:01 PM

Favre is FINALLY playing exactly like we had hoped he would all these years. Only it's with the Vikings.

That stings.

He's finally playing in the system. First year he's ever done that.

Bossman641
11-29-2009, 06:02 PM

You're crazy. You don't get to 5 NFC Championship games by being a bad in-game coach. He's in the upper echelon of coaches.

I think there is a chance they go 4-1 to end the season despite a ridiculously difficult schedule. 3-2 should get them in I'd think.

Honestly, you don't know nearly as much about the Eagles as you think you do if you don't know about Reid's horrible game management skills.

Look at the SB alone. They were down 2 scores or something and didn't even try hurry-up.

th87
11-29-2009, 06:02 PM

That stings.

Makes me lower my esteem of him further.

MOBB DEEP
11-29-2009, 06:05 PM
Will brett set personal best of 403 yards?

MJZiggy
11-29-2009, 06:06 PM
When was the 402 game?

MOBB DEEP
11-29-2009, 06:06 PM

That stings.

Because he intentionaly played "poorly" for the pack?

:roll:

MOBB DEEP
11-29-2009, 06:07 PM
When was the 402 game?

YARDS!

green_bowl_packer

Honestly, you don't know nearly as much about the Eagles as you think you do if you don't know about Reid's horrible game management skills.

Look at the SB alone. They were down 2 scores or something and didn't even try hurry-up.

true he suck's at managing the clock.

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Tavern-talk-NFLs-worst-game-manager.html

Tavern talk: NFL’s worst game manager

by Michael Lombardi
October 20, 02009
Print This

I’d like to make an official announcement today:

Philadelphia Eagles head coach Andy Reid is the winner of the best coach in the NFL to be the worst game manager of all time.

Andy Reid has won a lot of games in his career for being such a poor game manager.

Normally, bad coaches are bad game managers — it kind of goes hand in hand. The “Peter Principle” takes over for bad coaches, and the one area that can’t be hidden from fans is game management. Coaches’ ability to handle game situations is visible every Sunday, so those crunch-time decisions shed light on the kind of coach that’s running the team. Bad game managers become bad coaches because their decisions result in losses, which turn off fans and create doubt about the quality of the coach.

Andy Reid is the exception to the rule about bad coaches and bad game managers going hand in hand. He’s a good coach. For someone who’s won 100 regular-season games, he continues to amaze me with his lack of regard for managing the game and giving his team a chance to win. Yet he’s won his share of games, in large part because of the talent of the late Jim Johnson, the Eagles defensive coordinator whose unit would frequently bail out Reid and his poor decisions.

Reid makes decisions that leave me asking WTF?! Last year in Cincinnati, in a classic overtime game, he dazzled me with his moves at the end of regulation and in overtime. In fact, NFL Network should put that game on its classic series to teach young kids who dream of becoming NFL coaches what not to do when it comes to game management. The back and forth between Reid and Bengals coach Marvin Lewis will one day be part of a class lecture taught by own Bob Boland at NY U. Bobb McKittrick, the renown 49ers offensive line coach, once told me as we flew back from the Senior Bowl, “Young man, you can learn as much from what not to do as you can learn from what to do.”

I know Reid is smart. I know he works hard and is well-informed. But I also know he’s the worst game manager currently in the NFL. Sunday against the Raiders, he nailed down the title.

Donovan McNabbAPEagles QB Donovan McNabb couldn't deliver the road win in Oakland on Sunday.

There are some in Philadelphia – a cynical city, for sure -- who might feel that Reid is overrated as a coach. There’s some merit to that, especially when you consider that since their Super Bowl appearance in 2004, the Eagles are 36-32-1. They haven’t dominated the NFL, but they’ve been to the playoffs twice, including one conference championship game, since their bowl appearance. A little balance is always a good thing, especially in Philadelphia.

And for the record, I feel the Eagles should extend Reid’s contract because he’s a good coach. However, there should be one caveat. They should insist he bring someone from the outside to assist him, especially on game days with alternative ways to manage the game. It should be someone who won’t be intimidated by Reid and can make independent recommendations, not just tell him what he wants to hear like many do in Philadelphia.

How did Reid earn this title? With many of his game-gasping management decisions – and none more gasping than this one on Sunday. We start with the Eagles, down 13-9, getting the ball with 3:42 to go in the game and having all their timeouts.

Philadelphia Eagles at 3:42

1-10-PHI 20 (3:42) D.McNabb pass short middle to B.Westbrook to PHI 28 for 8 yards (T.Howard).

2-2-PHI 28 (3:17) B.Westbrook left tackle to PHI 39 for 11 yards (M.Huff). R13

1-10-PHI 39 (2:52) (Shotgun) D.McNabb pass short middle to D.Jackson to OAK 49 for 12 yards (T.Branch). P14

1-10-OAK 49 (2:45) D.McNabb pass incomplete deep right to D.Jackson.

2-10-OAK 49 (2:36) (Shotgun) D.McNabb pass incomplete deep middle to J.Avant.

3-10-OAK 49 (2:32) (Shotgun) D.McNabb scrambles up the middle to OAK 43 for 6 yards (M.Huff).

Brian WestbrookAPEagles RB Brian Westbrook

THIS PLAY CALL IS UNDERSTOOD. THEY ARE IN FOUR-DOWN TERRITORY.

Timeout #1 by PHI at 02:21.

HAVE TO TAKE THE TIMEOUT HERE TO REGROUP. NEED TO GET THE FIRST DOWN.

4-4-OAK 43 (2:21) (Shotgun) D.McNabb pass incomplete deep left to D.Jackson.

Oakland Raiders at 2:14

CHANGE OF POSSESSION STOPS THE CLOCK. AT THIS POINT, BEFORE SENDING THE DEFENSE BACK ON THE FIELD, YOU MUST TELL THEM TO CALL A TIMEOUT IMMEDIATELY AFTER THE FIRST RUN.

1-10-OAK 44 (2:14) J.Fargas right tackle to OAK 46 for 2 yards (B.Bunkley).

Timeout #2 by PHI at 02:10.

NOW, MAKE IT VERY CLEAR TO THE PLAYERS TO LET THE PLAY CLOCK WORK DOWN. WE WANT THE RAIDERS TO HAVE TO RUN THE BALL, AND THE ONLY WAY TO ENSURE A RUN IS TO LET THE CLOCK HIT THE TWO-MINUTE WARNING. IF THE PLAY CLOCK STOPS WITH ONE SECOND LEFT, AT 2:09, CALL TIME OUT. BUT ONCE THE CLOCK PASSES 2:08, LET IT GO TO THE TWO-MINUTE WARNING, WHICH WILL FORCE THE RAIDERS TO RUN ONE MORE TIME.

2-8-OAK 46 (2:10) J.Fargas up the middle to OAK 44 for -2 yards (T.Cole).

Timeout #3 by PHI at 02:02.

HEAD SCRATCHER. NOW REID HAS ALLOWED THE RAIDERS THE OPTION TO RUN OR PASS WITHOUT CAUSING ANY HARM AND FORCING HIS DEFENSE TO DEFEND THE ENTIRE OFFENSIVE PLAYBOOK. THIS IS A HUGE MISTAKE.

3-10-OAK 44 (2:02) J.Russell pass short right to G.Russell to PHI 43 for 13 yards (J.Trotter). P17

Richard SeymourAPRichard Seymour and the Raiders were able to celebrate a victory when the clock expired.

Two-Minute Warning

WOULD NEVER HAVE CALLED A PASS HERE HAD IT NOT BEEN BEFORE THE TWO MINUTE. THIS COST THE EAGLES A CHANCE TO WIN THE GAME — BY GETTING THE BALL BACK. MAYBE YOU COULD ARGUE A PLAYER CALLED TIMEOUT BY MISTAKE, BUT THE TIMEOUT BEFORE, THE COACHES SHOULD HAVE GONE OVER THIS SITUATION. IT WAS SO WEIRD THAT WHEN YOU WATCH THE TV REPLAY OF THE GAME, THEY HAD THE CLOCK GO DOWN TO THE TWO-MINUTE WARNING, NEVER THINKING THE EAGLES HAD CALLED TIMEOUT. I HAD TO REWATCH IT FIVE TIMES. THE ANNOUNCERS NEVER ADDRESSED THE RUN PASS.

1-10-PHI 43 (1:55) J.Fargas left tackle to PHI 46 for -3 yards (T.Laws).

2-13-PHI 46 (1:13) J.Russell kneels to PHI 47 for -1 yards.

PENALTY on PHI-D.Howard, Unnecessary Roughness, 15 yards, enforced at PHI 47.

All of Philadelphia is on Reid for his play-calling and lack of halftime adjustments from the Raiders game, and here are some of his responses to those questions. Reid on WIP. Yet for me, the disappointment doesn’t come from Reid’s failure to keep the run-pass ratio in order but his lack of understanding of how to manage the game -- especially now that Jim Johnson isn’t around to bail him out.

MOBB DEEP
Or maybe set the 4 td-game record he tied last week?

MJZiggy
I'm aware of that. When was that game?

MOBB DEEP
11-29-2009, 06:08 PM
I'm aware of that. When was that game?

Sorry: who cares tho? TWO DECADES

th87
11-29-2009, 06:09 PM

That stings.

Because he wasn't as humble and hard-working as he is now. Calm down.

MJZiggy
11-29-2009, 06:10 PM
It was probably a PACKER record. I care.

MOBB DEEP
11-29-2009, 06:11 PM

That stings.

Because he wasn't as humble and hard-working as he is now. Calm down.

Lol..funny....love ya Th

MOBB DEEP
11-29-2009, 06:12 PM

So u DONT like big black studs?! prefer skinny stat geeks?

GrnBay007
11-29-2009, 06:12 PM
Wasn't hard-working for the Pack??? LOLOLOLOLOL

MOBB DEEP
11-29-2009, 06:14 PM
He wasnt; If not for the pain killers he'd be Detmer

th87
11-29-2009, 06:14 PM

AS hard-working.

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

th87
11-29-2009, 06:16 PM
He wasnt; If not for the pain killers he'd be Detmer

No objective criticism allowed for your deity, I see.

MJZiggy
11-29-2009, 06:24 PM

'scuse me?

GrnBay007
11-29-2009, 06:31 PM

AS hard-working.

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Yeah, I see that. Still bs, IMO

th87
11-29-2009, 06:44 PM

AS hard-working.

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Yeah, I see that. Still bs, IMO

I don't see why. You can see Favre far more involved on the sideline. He's working with his receivers and just seems to have more of a bounce in his step. Maybe his time here just got stale.

He's thrown 3 interceptions the entire season. He has NEVER played that well before. Not even in 1996. There has to be a reason for that, and I don't see the Vikings as being markedly better than the Packer team of at least 2007.

I think his split with the Packers and his experience with the Jets humbled him somewhat. He finally realized that he needed to change his game to continue at the highest level. It was like Jordan after he came back the first time - he became a different player and more of a shooter than a dunker.

Favre is finally doing what I've been wishing he'd do. And to have it happen while he's in Minnesota is tough to accept.

MJZiggy
11-29-2009, 06:49 PM
They showed the Vikes lockerroom and everyone is covered. There's a change...

MOBB DEEP
11-29-2009, 06:56 PM

'scuse me?

Being silly (and obviously failed terribly trying to be funny :oops: )...u were wondering about some stat and i felt it was irrelevent considering favre has done SO much that tracking his every accomplishment is fruitless unless one's stat-geeky

but my boy back in Milwaukee was happy that he didnt break THAT record since it was when he was a packer

You feel the same?

packerbacker1234
11-29-2009, 07:11 PM
Favre has to be the front runner ahead of Peyton. Peyton has more yards, but the TD numbers are neck and neck, and favre has the interception edge by far (amazing to think that #4 has, I believe, the best TD to Int ratio in the league).

Co-Mvp a case can be made, and if the colts don't slip up Favre is pretty much hoping for a Co-MVP, but if I had to put one or the other on the field right not to win a game this year, I would go Favre OVER Manning. While both have played VERY well this year (Played like HOF MVP players that they are) I feel Favre has overall played better, and proven in the clutch he still has it.

Partial
11-29-2009, 07:15 PM

You're entitled to your opinion, I don't care. Pretty tough to argue that Reid isn't a premiere coach when looking at his team's history. Off the top of my head the only person with more recent post season success is the man in NE...

packerbacker1234
11-29-2009, 07:28 PM

You're entitled to your opinion, I don't care. Pretty tough to argue that Reid isn't a premiere coach when looking at his team's history. Off the top of my head the only person with more recent post season success is the man in NE...

Post season success, to me, is getting in the super bowl. Win or Lose, thats a success. What I see is one super bowl appearance and a bunch of failed post seasons.

woodbuck27
11-29-2009, 07:32 PM
Another outstanding game for Favre and the Vikings are looking to be solidifying. Favre was 32 for 48 and an NFL week 12 best (so far) 392 yards and 3 TD pass's. His arm is strong and he's right on the money with his pass's. His field of vision looks better this season.

Is he zeroing in on the MVP award? He's very close to that status and right with Peyton Manning and Drew Brees. IMO he's playing better than he ever has. His QBR was 112.5 today in that whitewash win (36-10) over the Bears.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/09000d5d814960c6/WK-12-Brett-Favre-highlights

woodbuck27
11-29-2009, 07:43 PM
http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2009112904/2009/REG12/bears@vikings

Game ball

** Vikings QB Brett Favre played in his 282nd consecutive regular-season game, tying Jim Marshall's NFL record for most consecutive games played by a position player.

** Favre finished with 392 yards and three touchdowns on 32-of-48 passing and set a franchise record by hitting five different receivers at least five times each. After Peterson's TD run, Favre took a seat on the bench, finishing 10 yards shy of his career-high for passing in a single game.

MOBB DEEP
11-29-2009, 07:49 PM
set a franchise record by hitting five different receivers at least five times each.

WOW....who does that?

Surprised it's not an NFL record

MOBB DEEP
11-30-2009, 03:06 AM
(amazing to think that #4 has, I believe, the best TD to Int ratio in the league).

Currently he has the BEST in league history for a season BY FAR

MOBB DEEP
11-30-2009, 03:09 AM

4 MVPs?

He hasn't received the MVP yet.

Done Deal

MichiganPackerFan
11-30-2009, 11:16 AM
Best QB in the NFC.

I like McNabb, but I think both Brees and Rodgers will have something to say about that. Sadly, probably Favre too.

MichiganPackerFan
11-30-2009, 11:18 AM

That stings.

It really does. It seems like he actually cares now, unlike in the latter years where he'd rely on miracles to win. Actually sitting down to study a playbook? WTF? I feel like in the last few season in GB, he really just mailed it in. And THAT'S the part that stings: for as much devotion as the GB fans put into him, it doesn't appear he put that back into the team in for the last few years. If anything, his elevated play in MIN only confirms that.

pbmax
11-30-2009, 11:28 AM

Andy Reid is 10 and 7 in the playoffs. You are going to make me look this up aren't you?

PlantPage55
11-30-2009, 11:46 AM

That stings.

It really does. It seems like he actually cares now, unlike in the latter years where he'd rely on miracles to win. Actually sitting down to study a playbook? WTF? I feel like in the last few season in GB, he really just mailed it in. And THAT'S the part that stings: for as much devotion as the GB fans put into him, it doesn't appear he put that back into the team in for the last few years. If anything, his elevated play in MIN only confirms that.

I'll feel this way if he plays lights out in the playoffs. I will be SO mad if he doesn't have a multiple INT game, because he RARELY gave us anything but that in the playoffs after the Super Bowl.

pbmax
11-30-2009, 11:56 AM
Bill Belichick.......15....4....0.789
Mike Tomlin........3.....1....0.75
Ken Whisenhunt..3.....1....0.75
Joe Gibbs...........17....7....0.708
John Harbaugh....2.....1....0.667
John Fox.............5.....3....0.625
Brian Billick .......5......3....0.625
Mike Shanahan....8.....5....0.615
Andy Reid..........10....7....0.588
Bill Parcells.........11...8.... 0.579
Norv Turner........4......3....0.571
Bill Cowher.........12....9....0.571
Jon Gruden.........5......4....0.556
Mike Holmgren....13....11...0.542
Tom Coughlin.....8......7.....0.533

mraynrand
11-30-2009, 12:38 PM

What a list. When you note that every loss in the loss column is a season-ending loss, the '11' that Holmgren endured is startling. It tells you the guy made it to a lot of post-seasons in 17 years and that 11/12 met with disappointing finishes.

Partial
11-30-2009, 02:18 PM

Andy Reid is 10 and 7 in the playoffs. You are going to make me look this up aren't you?

Most people have losing records in the playoffs PB. I'm not going to try to quantify anything and argue about it. I think he's a great coach. If others don't, they're entitled to their opinion. I don't have any fancy numbers or ballyhoo to back up my thought process.

I also think McNabb is probably the best QB in the NFC and most of the numbers don't support this.

Partial
11-30-2009, 02:19 PM

Good stuff right here. Kinda gotta throw out a few guys like Wiz and Harbs for only doing it once, but this is a solid list.

Fosco33
11-30-2009, 05:01 PM
Read some MN homer saying they were a legwhip from a perfect season... what about miracle pass and missed raven FG? I'd say you were 2 lucky breaks from 8-3 with GB on your tail...

Fosco33
11-30-2009, 05:02 PM

Good stuff right here. Kinda gotta throw out a few guys like Wiz and Harbs for only doing it once, but this is a solid list.

I'm changing my name to mike. bill or john/jon. :P

pbmax
11-30-2009, 05:07 PM

Most people have losing records in the playoffs PB. I'm not going to try to quantify anything and argue about it. I think he's a great coach. If others don't, they're entitled to their opinion. I don't have any fancy numbers or ballyhoo to back up my thought process.

I also think McNabb is probably the best QB in the NFC and most of the numbers don't support this.
Most good coaches are right around 500.

Bretsky
11-30-2009, 08:05 PM
Read some MN homer saying they were a legwhip from a perfect season... what about miracle pass and missed raven FG? I'd say you were 2 lucky breaks from 8-3 with GB on your tail...

I'd agree with this partially; they really deserved to beat Pitt but deserved to lose to San Fran. Baltimore was kind of a wash either way

Rastak
11-30-2009, 08:08 PM

I thought the legwhip was a bad call but it happens, you get some you lose some. I thought the 49er's were lucky as hell getting a 10 point turnaround on the last play of the half, yet all we hear about is Favre's rope to win it. Ravens game was REALLY fortunate. They (Vikes) really fell apart after Winfield went out and they easily could have let that one slip away.

woodbuck27
12-02-2009, 07:24 PM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d814a5367&template=with-video-with-comments&confirm=true

Nothing but a number: At 40, Favre is at his best

Hit LINK for story.

Wilcots: Favre's impact

Where Brett Favre helps the Vikings win the most is his influence. With Favre on this team, he helps everyone else play better. They play better because they know they have No. 4. That higher level of plays means they actually don't have to rely on Favre as much.

His role, in a way, is as an inspirational motivator. The fact that he's there gives the Vikings an unspoken confidence that they'll win when they take the field. Now, everyone is playing harder. Everyone is playing better. Everyone is inspired. And at the end of the day, when they have a 14-point lead in the fourth quarter, do they really need Favre to win? I don't believe so.

With Favre there, this team knows it can win. I had a similar experience during our Super Bowl season in Cincinnati in 1988, when we belived we would win every time we took the field. The Vikings are one of four teams in the NFL who have that same swagger right now.

-- Solomon Wilcots

woodbuck27
12-02-2009, 07:38 PM
Cardinals-Vikings showdown is one of several set for Week 13
NFL.com

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d814a6333&template=with-video-with-comments&confirm=true

Minnesota at Arizona

Storyline... Did you know?

Series leader: The Vikings hold a 12-9 all-time edge, including the playoffs.
Streaks: Minnesota has won seven of the last eight.

The NFL's two sage old quarterbacks, both future Hall of Famers, square off again, possibly for the last time. That is, if Kurt Warner plays against Brett Favre. At this point Warner may end up missing another game with concussion symptoms, which would change everything. Yes, Matt Leinart fared well last week, but with Antoine Winfield likely back for the Vikings, the corners might be able to pick on the novice quarterback. A win for the Vikings essentially clinches the division and would give them a tiebreaker that would put in them in great shape for securing a top-two seed and a bye.

Favre just keeps blowing through teams and making his receivers look like stars. He's having an MVP season.

** Minnesota's Percy Harvin leads all rookies with seven touchdowns.

** Brett Favre will set the NFL record for an every down player with his 283rd consecutive game played .

** Arizona's Beanie Wells leads all rookies with four rushing touchdowns.

BallHawk
12-03-2009, 02:46 PM
Maybe Favre the Great can give All Day some driving lessons?

109 in a 55 mph zone. :shock:

He makes Koren Robinson look like an old woman.

MichiganPackerFan
12-03-2009, 07:05 PM

What is with those Vikings, first Chilly in drag and now this? :shock:

channtheman
12-04-2009, 03:58 AM
Maybe Favre the Great can give All Day some driving lessons?

109 in a 55 mph zone. :shock:

Peterson told The Associated Press on Thursday that he "got a little speeding ticket. I need to be more aware of the speed I was going and not let it happen again."

Uhh yeah no shit you need to be a little bit more aware when you're going over 100.

woodbuck27
12-04-2009, 09:27 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/The-Week-12-NFL-Quarterback-Power-Rankings?urn=nfl,205809

** Who would ever have predicted that Brett Favre would actually be into MVP consideration this season? 2874 yards passing - 261.3 yards per game - 8.0 yards per attempt - 24 TD's (he had 28 TD's in 2007) - 3 picks - QBR = 112.1.

Now factor in the fact that Adrian Peterson is the Vikings RB.

** That coming to the three quarter point of this season he'd have only one QB ranked above him? Drew Brees's QBR = 112.6 amongst other considerations.

** That after 11 games he would have 'only three picks'?

** That based on Quarterback Rating alone (112.1). He would be having a (by a huge margin). A career year? In 2007 his QBR was 95.7. Last season with the NY Jets it was 81.

** That his arm would be as strong as we've seen this season?

** That his leadership skills and resolve on and off the field would have determined such results as we've witnessed this season? I say ' let that pony go and the result will be wins '. Brett Favre looks to be on a mission. It's ' just ' one game at a time. :D

MOBB DEEP
12-06-2009, 06:27 AM
its AMAZN that ppl are saying Brett is playing the best he ever has! Not sure i agree but its great to hear him FINALLY getting some love after all these years :lol: :lol: :lol:

I really hope Warner plays today (game time decision) since he and brett are the two old heads in the NFL gettn it done

Plus since Kurt is a man of God/faith, its only fitting that he gets in the presence of the LORD...he he....

Happy Holidays ppl

John 16:33.....lovely that Tebow had this AWESOME scripture on his eye black! 8-)

gex
12-06-2009, 11:57 AM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d814a5367&template=with-video-with-comments&confirm=true

Hit LINK for story.

Where Brett Favre helps the Vikings win the most is his influence. With Favre on this team, he helps everyone else play better. They play better because they know they have No. 4. That higher level of plays means they actually don't have to rely on Favre as much.

His role, in a way, is as an inspirational motivator. The fact that he's there gives the Vikings an unspoken confidence that they'll win when they take the field. Now, everyone is playing harder. Everyone is playing better. Everyone is inspired. And at the end of the day, when they have a 14-point lead in the fourth quarter, do they really need Favre to win? I don't believe so.

With Favre there, this team knows it can win. I had a similar experience during our Super Bowl season in Cincinnati in 1988, when we belived we would win every time we took the field. The Vikings are one of four teams in the NFL who have that same swagger right now.

-- Solomon Wilcots

I thought we officially debunked and disproved this theory here? :lol:

Seriously tho, that is what the old man brings....Inspiration to both sides of the ball.... and a cannon arm that can throw it on a frozen rope 50 yards downfield while backpedalling with a 300pound defensive end wrapped around his waist :shock:

bobblehead
12-06-2009, 12:29 PM

Hit LINK for story.

-- Solomon Wilcots

Seriously tho, that is what the old man brings....Inspiration to both sides of the ball.... and a cannon arm that can throw it on a frozen rope 50 yards downfield while backpedalling with a 300pound defensive end wrapped around his waist :shock:

Foolishly I opened this thread, my bad, but since I did I pose this:

Since this is unquestionably the best BF has ever played wouldn't the logic actually dictate that in fact HIS TEAMMATES are INSPIRING HIM and not vice versa??

Seriously I find it so insulting to all the other members of that 10-1 team that they have to hear they don't play as well without BF around. Guys on that D are in now way inspired by the QB. They are professionals and get paid to perform.

Has BF inspired AP to a career low in YPC?? Or doesn't that count...I know its convenient to not count things that don't support our argument around here.

How about that defense...top 7 for 3 straight years....now with BF at the helm they are ranked 8....boy he inspires those guys.

BF is probably winning the MVP this season, he is playing fucking great, but to somehow say that his teammates are playing better because of him....I call bullshit!!

denverYooper
12-06-2009, 12:34 PM

Hit LINK for story.

-- Solomon Wilcots

I disagree with the cannon arm sentiment. While he can get good zip on his throws underneath, his deep ball is just average these days.

I think that what he' really brings to the Vikes is the expert ability to read a defense quickly and manage the game at the LOS. Give him the weapons that the Vikes have and he's making a killing finding and exploiting mismatches.

pbmax
12-06-2009, 01:14 PM
Except of course, that most available, objective evidence is that the Vikings are relying upon Favre more and more. Not less and less. So Favre is becoming more integral to their offensive success. If he should have another late season meltdown, the Vikings offense would need to change its mode of operation back to the beginning of the season.

MOBB DEEP
12-06-2009, 02:47 PM
Rastak,

Is winfield active today finally?

He should be nice and fresh for end-of-season run no?!

Rastak
12-06-2009, 02:48 PM
Rastak,

Is winfield active today finally?

He should be nice and fresh for end-of-season run no?!

He's out is what I hear.

MOBB DEEP
12-06-2009, 07:09 PM
Cant believe Favre just used the 3rd person reference in his interview with Collinsworth

Good interview overall though

Bossman641
12-06-2009, 07:12 PM
Cant believe Favre just used the 3rd person reference in his interview with Collinsworth

Out of curiosity, could Favre say or do anything that you wouldn't consider "good"?

gex
12-06-2009, 07:15 PM

I'm pretty stoked about being able to watch him play tonight!
Besides the Packer games Only a few have been on tv here.
Do we post in this thread or the non-packergame one.

MOBB DEEP
12-06-2009, 07:23 PM

Out of curiosity, could Favre say or do anything that you wouldn't consider "good"?

MOBB DEEP
12-06-2009, 07:24 PM
We should probaly post in game thread to keep things mellow

gex
12-06-2009, 07:30 PM
We should probaly post in game thread to keep things mellow
To the game thread it is

Iron Mike
12-06-2009, 09:39 PM
*crickets chirp*

TennesseePackerBacker
12-06-2009, 10:00 PM
Picks # 4 and 5 tonight!. He would have more but Adrian Wilson still has hands of stone.

channtheman
12-07-2009, 03:49 AM
I truly honestly did not believe that Favre would have his late season swoon this year. He had been playing too well for it to happen it seemed. I know it' only one game but it isn't just a game, it's the game that he has traditionally started to suck at. This is the point in the season where he begins to suck. Let's watch his next game and see what happens.

mngolf19
12-07-2009, 10:46 AM
I truly honestly did not believe that Favre would have his late season swoon this year. He had been playing too well for it to happen it seemed. I know it' only one game but it isn't just a game, it's the game that he has traditionally started to suck at. This is the point in the season where he begins to suck. Let's watch his next game and see what happens.

Like you said, it's 1 game. My biggern concern is the injuries. That has a better chance of causing a "swoon" this month. Favre could have played better no doubt, but the whole team was off last night. If not for the injuries, I'd say this could keep them mentally focused going forward now. At the same time, give Cards lots of credit. They played really well, wasn't just a bad night for Vikes.

RashanGary
12-07-2009, 03:51 PM
Favre looked like Rodgers did against Tampa last night. Pumping, hanging onto the ball, sacks and then the INT's. Strange night. Don't know what AZ did, but it worked. Favre's INT's weren't quick decisions gone wrong. He was holding too much and got in trouble. Don't know what happened there.

RashanGary
12-07-2009, 03:57 PM
Maybe Minny got some of the McCarthy arrogance with Favre's MVP talk. All year they've been doing the simple things really well. Maybe they tried to really expand the offense, thinking they have it all figured out like the Packers did.

Keep it simple stupid. When it's simple, your QB isn't pumping the ball, confused, getting sacked and throwing picks. When it's simple, the balls out and the drives stay alive.

Just a weird night for Minny. They looked exactly like the Packers offense early in thsi season and we've started to look like the minny offense with more quick, simple passes. I don't know why teams go away from what was working. I just don't know why Favre was holding the ball so much. AZ said they did nothign special, just played assignment sure and that was it.

woodbuck27
12-13-2009, 01:17 PM
What's Brett Favre doing today in the Cincy @ Minny game? With 5 minutes remaining in the first half.

So far it's been a mixed bag. On the negative he's passing 5 of 11 for 75 yards and a pick (his 3rd in two games). He passed for a TD (called back) after going beyond the LOS by about 2 yards.

On the positive. He made his 6000th completion and passed for his 491st TD of his career ( Favre's 27th TD pass in '09 ). The countdown to his 500th career TD pass stands at 9.

mngolf19
12-13-2009, 01:41 PM
The keys so far have been defense playing well and offense doing what JH mentioned. Simpler and putting more effort into running the ball. It's working. Although some of their gameplan may be due to Harvin being inactive.

woodbuck27
12-13-2009, 02:05 PM
The keys so far have been defense playing well and offense doing what JH mentioned. Simpler and putting more effort into running the ball. It's working. Although some of their gameplan may be due to Harvin being inactive.

Yup. A. Peterson is giving more to the Viking 'O' today and Favre just never quits despite his miscues and all those times the Bengals 'D' has put him on his back.

There he goes....down again at 11:51 remaining in the 3rd quarter. He just bounces back up and makes a play. Favre doesn't discrimminate over who he makes his target. A sweet 26 yard pass to Chester Taylor to the Cincy 25 yard line. Then Taylor comes right back with a 17 yard run to the Cincy 8 and they'll score again.

There it is. Minny takes charge 23-7, banging it in and Cincy is hard to rush for a TD against:

TD A.Peterson 1 yd. run Drive: 10 plays, 60 yards in 6:16

That TD by Adrian Peterson ties a Minnesota Viking record for TD rushing in a season.

What I saw on that drive mngolf19 was. BALANCE.

mngolf19
12-13-2009, 03:54 PM

I'm hoping last week's loss taught them something about maintaining that balance and coming focused each week. May turn out to be a good thing in the long run.

Rastak
12-13-2009, 04:00 PM
Just got back from the game. Arizona flat out kicked their ass on both sides of the ball last week.

I wouldn't say the Vikings destroyed the Bengals on both sides of the ball but they did win the battle on both sides. Favre wasn't sharp but really started reaming them on their blitzes with dump offs and some over the middle stuff. Great game plan by the Vikings offensively and great effort on defense. I was pretty worried about Jamarca Sanford (you big dummy!) starting at safety. He may hit hard but he's slow as shit. He did ok, other than a really bad angle that allowed a long Benson run. Minnesota's OL played really well and Favre moved around really well in the pocket, making plays.

woodbuck27
12-13-2009, 04:10 PM

I'm hoping last week's loss taught them something about maintaining that balance and coming focused each week. May turn out to be a good thing in the long run.

There is such a thing as a timely loss or a wake up call but what I saw was a really tough Arizona team last Sunday night. Their 'D' was throwing the sink at the Vikings and disrupting Favre at the LOS. When Favre rolls out of the pocket he gets creative and can create confusion in a defense. Favre's really dangerous when he's mobile. Favre nor Peterson never got set before that Cardinals game was over. They were 'as leaders' much better today.

It will be a rare game that any defense can disrupt the skills of both Peterson and Favre and that team will have to have a complete defensive game. It will be interesting if the Packers get another shot at the Vikings this season. I'd love to see that game because it"s so difficult to defeat a team 3X in a season.

mngolf19
12-13-2009, 04:14 PM

There is such a thing as a timely loss or a wake up call but what I saw was a really tough Arizona team last Sunday night. Their 'D' was throwing the sink at the Vikings and disrupting Favre at the LOS. When Favre rolls out of the pocket he gets creative and can create confusion in a defense. Favre's really dangerous when he's mobile. Favre nor Peterson never got set before that Cardinals game was over. They were 'as leaders' much better today.

It will be a rare game that any defense can disrupt the skills of both Peterson and Favre and that team will have to have a complete defensive game. It will be interesting if the Packers get another shot at the Vikings this season. I'd love to see that game because it"s so difficult to defeat a team 3X in a season.

Agreed. As long as it is not until game 2 and at MN. :)

MOBB DEEP
12-13-2009, 07:40 PM
Just got back from the game. Arizona flat out kicked their ass on both sides of the ball last week.

I wouldn't say the Vikings destroyed the Bengals on both sides of the ball but they did win the battle on both sides. Favre wasn't sharp but really started reaming them on their blitzes with dump offs and some over the middle stuff.

Agree...i know we're not boys but why didnt you respond to my PM? woulda loved to see a poster in person u bastard :x

I was at the Dome playing the role of that firefighter guy at Jets game cheering on Lord Favre and buying drinks galore

Wifey and I were 2 of maybe 20 black folks at the game other than the players... lol...we are at the marriot 10 mins from the stadium and there are so many Cincy fans here spreading the love last night partying in the lobby/bar area....good fun in this COLD as city (11 degrees rt now). Why would u live here??

Not really sure how any team on the Vikes level or lower could ever win in that place...SO frickn loud. Like the Pack, Minny will NOT lose at home the rest of the year

destiny = pack v favre part III

and like woody says, tough to beat a squad 3 times

Rastak
12-13-2009, 09:01 PM
Agree...i know we're not boys but why didnt you respond to my PM? woulda loved to see a poster in person u bastard :x

Dude, I would have gladly hooked up for a pint but I ain't texting some internet person I don't know from my work phone. Next time PM me and say where do you want to hook up and that's what we'll do.

MOBB DEEP
12-20-2009, 07:22 PM
Are you worried about the panthers?

mraynrand
12-20-2009, 07:29 PM

Yes. Their pass rush has been pretty poor lately. Hopefully they will be on tonight and plant Favre in the turf. Hope to see him go out on a cart (nothing permanent).

MOBB DEEP
12-20-2009, 07:48 PM

Yes. Their pass rush has been pretty poor lately. Hopefully they will be on tonight and plant Favre in the turf. Hope to see him go out on a cart (nothing permanent).

he he he....this is an ultimate trap game....

mraynrand
12-20-2009, 10:28 PM

Nice end to a no so great day - Vikes get demolished and Favre - "Mr. December" - gets planted multiple times. Secure that number five slot GB, maybe MN gets the #3 and has to play Dallas at home Wildcard weekend. LOL.

Scott Campbell
12-20-2009, 10:29 PM
...........and Favre continues to cement his December legacy.

th87
12-21-2009, 01:04 AM

Dude, I would have gladly hooked up for a pint but I ain't texting some internet person I don't know from my work phone. Next time PM me and say where do you want to hook up and that's what we'll do.

It's a Packer-issued cell phone, isn't it?

MOBB DEEP
12-21-2009, 06:29 AM

It's a Packer-issued cell phone, isn't it?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

MOBB DEEP
12-21-2009, 06:44 AM

Nice end to a no so great day - Vikes get demolished and Favre - "Mr. December" - gets planted multiple times. Secure that number five slot GB, maybe MN gets the #3 and has to play Dallas at home Wildcard weekend. LOL.

Sounds good to me

Minny could easily lose at Bears MNF and Philly is kinda hot right now.......Because I cant see myself rooting for minny to win it all (and am more or less just interested in seeing Brett play as much as possible) I hope Vikes DO have to play wildcard game

Screw the pitch count, i dont care about minny long term

Scott Campbell
12-21-2009, 07:32 AM
http://nfl.fanhouse.com/2009/12/21/brett-favre-upset-with-attempted-benching/

Excerpt:

"And while the timing was a bit odd in this case, it's hard to blame Childress. Favre's numbers have fallen off in the past three games, when he's thrown just three TDs to four interceptions and not recorded a QB rating over 80. That no doubt lends ammunition to the folks who think Favre, 40, is bound to wear down over the course of an NFL season -- an argument supported by his shoulder injury and subsequent struggles down the stretch with the Jets in 2008."

Pugger
12-21-2009, 07:55 AM
Yesterday my hubby and I were at a Packer bar getting ready to watch the game. This bowling alley has a small banquet room set aside just for us. Anyway, this lady comes in wearing a t -shirt she made with the Packer #4 on the front and a purple back with the queens logo and #4. She asks the gathering if any of would want a shirt just like she was wearing and all she got was a resounding NO! from most of us. She sat down rather sheepishly. I have a feeling she won't be back - at least not with those shirts in tow... :lol:

Scott Campbell
12-21-2009, 08:23 AM
Yup. A. Peterson is giving more to the Viking 'O' today and Favre just never quits despite his miscues and ........................

.........Chilly trying to bench him. :lol:

gex
12-21-2009, 08:26 AM
Yup. A. Peterson is giving more to the Viking 'O' today and Favre just never quits despite his miscues and ........................

Cmon SC, How about a post with some football substance instead of the tired old one liners :roll:

mraynrand
12-21-2009, 08:30 AM

Cmon SC, How about a post with some football substance instead of the tired old one liners :roll:

Oh, the IRONY!

Scott Campbell
12-21-2009, 10:11 AM

Ok - lets discuss.

So what do you think about the Vikings dropping 2 of 3 so far in December?

Is something wrong with Bert? Or is it just a bad month of the year for him?

Why was Ahmad Carrol playing for Antione Winfield last night?

Bryant McKinnie got benched last night. Were you surprised Favre allowed that to happen?

Scott Campbell
12-21-2009, 11:16 AM
Florio writes:

"Well, when you dance with the devil in the pale moonlight, sometimes the devil puts his pitchfork right up your ass."

Hey, I think he might be talking about Bert here.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/12/21/childress-tried-to-take-favre-out-in-third-quarter/

Fritz
12-21-2009, 11:40 AM
Florio writes:

"Well, when you dance with the devil in the pale moonlight, sometimes the devil puts his pitchfork right up your ass."

Hey, I think he might be talking about Bert here.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/12/21/childress-tried-to-take-favre-out-in-third-quarter/

Of course, you'd have to be dancing the freaky-deaky, else how would the devil be able to get his pitchfork up your behind without you seeing him readying for the plunge?

mngolf19
12-21-2009, 12:50 PM

Ok - lets discuss.

So what do you think about the Vikings dropping 2 of 3 so far in December?

Is something wrong with Bert? Or is it just a bad month of the year for him?

Why was Ahmad Carrol playing for Antione Winfield last night?

Bryant McKinnie got benched last night. Were you surprised Favre allowed that to happen?

I'll answer the first one, Vikes are not the same on grass as on turf. 2-3 this year with 2 being in Dec and a third coming up. I'm sure a bad effort there will be blamed on Favre, but at least in the Car game I don't think he contributed to the loss. Losses all have a common thread-vs a good pass rush and on grass.

hoosier
12-21-2009, 12:55 PM
Bears have lost Ogunleye for the rest of the year. That significantly lessens the chances that things will reach a point where Bert makes the decision to let Chilly sit him down.

mraynrand
12-21-2009, 01:59 PM
Bears have lost Ogunleye for the rest of the year. That significantly lessens the chances that things will reach a point where Bert makes the decision to let Chilly sit him down.
That's too bad. Bears will just have to blitz a little more. BTW, Chilly is the one sitting for Favre. Where does Chilly go to reclaim his dignity?

http://i453.photobucket.com/albums/qq254/mraynrand/Chillylegs.jpg

mngolf19
12-21-2009, 03:08 PM
That's too bad. Bears will just have to blitz a little more. BTW, Chilly is the one sitting for Favre. Where does Chilly go to reclaim his dignity?

Dignity is overrated. :lol:

packers11
12-21-2009, 03:37 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FmKKlcIIbaI

trouble brewing in paradise.

Freak Out
12-21-2009, 03:46 PM

This is just wrong Rand....stomach turning wrong.

Fritz
12-21-2009, 03:54 PM
Well, if Mortenson's "sources" are to be believed, this is not just about saving Favre from abuse, it's about his level of play. And Favre is just telling his head coach "no."

That's one issue. The first thing that comes to mind is this: would Holmgren have put up with that?

But there's another aspect I haven't seen discussed. What the hell is Childress thinking if he's really thinking of pulling his starting QB every third game or so? What kind of NFL coach would flip flop his QB's as often as it appears Childress might be?

That just doesn't sound right. It's hard to imagine Childress being dumb enough to A) think about benching Favre when the team has been playing so well, and B) actually let it be known in any way that he was thinking of benching Favre.

Makes me wonder if this isn't a bit overblown.

sharpe1027
12-21-2009, 07:08 PM
Favre QB rating by Month, you have to go back to 2003 to find a good December (2007 was 2nd best at 85.5). Maybe he should be benched:

December 76.1
November 129.4
October 107.6
September 94.5

December 53.3
November 91.8
October 65.7
September 110.8

December 85.5
November 106.8
October 84.7
September 97.3

December 62.2
November 72.7
October 75.8
September 87.2

December 49.6
January 76.3
November 67.7
October 95.3
September 72.7

December 78.6
November 108.0
October 86.8
September 95.3

December 111.9
November 72.9
October 107.1
September 76.6

hoosier
12-21-2009, 07:46 PM

My sister tells me that Salon Rouge in Georgetown does a fine bikini wax for a reasonable price. He might find it there.

MJZiggy
12-21-2009, 11:40 PM
Thanks for the nightmares...

MOBB DEEP
12-22-2009, 02:29 AM
Favre QB rating by Month, you have to go back to 2003 to find a good December (2007 was 2nd best at 85.5). Maybe he should be benched:

December 76.1
November 129.4
October 107.6
September 94.5

December 53.3
November 91.8
October 65.7
September 110.8

December 85.5
November 106.8
October 84.7
September 97.3

December 62.2
November 72.7
October 75.8
September 87.2

December 49.6
January 76.3
November 67.7
October 95.3
September 72.7

December 78.6
November 108.0
October 86.8
September 95.3

December 111.9
November 72.9
October 107.1
September 76.6

this is amazing stuff

thanks for the breakdown

Favre overrated?

channtheman
12-22-2009, 02:35 AM

PM him if you truly really take offense and are not trying to start shit.

Pugger
12-23-2009, 03:06 PM
I know this is an oldie but it is still a goodie. :lol:

A man won the lottery and offered to buy his three boys a gift...money was no object. The oldest boy had recently graduated college and wanted a house. His dad bought him a mansion. The middle son was nearly 16 and wanted a car. His dad bought him a Ferrari. The youngest son was only 5 and not into such material things. All he asked for was a Mickey Mouse outfit. His dad bought him the Minnesota Vikings.

Bossman641
12-25-2009, 11:52 PM
http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcnorth/post?id=7843

Long-range forecasts indicate temperatures between 24 and 28 degrees at Soldier Field. The Bears have won their last 10 home games when the temperature was 32 degrees or colder, including in the playoffs. They’ve won those games by an average score of 26-13. And, in case you haven’t heard, Favre isn’t a big fan of playing in cold weather anymore. He’s lost his past seven starts when the temperature at kickoff is 38 degrees or lower, dating to the 2003 playoffs.

Pugger
12-26-2009, 11:57 AM
Oh good, cold temps. Will there be any wind? We can only hope! :lol:

MOBB DEEP
12-28-2009, 01:30 AM
is favre due for a good game?

MOBB DEEP
12-28-2009, 08:42 AM
Rastak (or another informed poster),

I know they will be breakn it down on espn all day and during telecast, but what are all the ramifications for tonight's game? seedings, byes, etc....if vikes and aints win out, who's top seed? how can philly over take vikes? how far down can the top seeds fall?

AMAZINGLY favre has only ONE sub .500 season in 19 years (TWO DECADES!) who does that in this parity-laden entity?

mngolf19
12-28-2009, 12:20 PM

I know they will be breakn it down on espn all day and during telecast, but what are all the ramifications for tonight's game? seedings, byes, etc....if vikes and aints win out, who's top seed? how can philly over take vikes? how far down can the top seeds fall?

AMAZINGLY favre has only ONE sub .500 season in 19 years (TWO DECADES!) who does that in this parity-laden entity?

All 6 seeds are undecided.

Vikes win 2 and Saints lose 1 the Vikes are #1 seed. Only two teams eligible for #1.

Vikes lose 1 and Philly could win a tie breaker next week for #2
Vikes lose 2 and Dal or AZ could also get #2.
Vikes could finish anywhere from #1-#4 depending on how they finish. They only control their destiny for #2.

MOBB DEEP
12-28-2009, 05:26 PM

Vikes win 2 and Saints lose 1 the Vikes are #1 seed. Only two teams eligible for #1.

Vikes could finish anywhere from #1-#4 depending on how they finish. They only control their destiny for #2.

thanks my man

bears and nyg suck so AT LEAST #2 for minny it appears....not a bad outcome considering all the new faces

Bretsky
12-28-2009, 08:37 PM
I kind of figured this would be a tough one for Minnesota as it was likely that cold weather Favre would be out

ThunderDan
12-28-2009, 10:12 PM

thanks my man

bears and nyg suck so AT LEAST #2 for minny it appears....not a bad outcome considering all the new faces

This is a Vikings team that was 6-10, 8-8 than 10-6. Where did you expect them to go after adding a HOF QB? It's funny that Chilly was on the hotseat. I think he is a bad coach personally but he has improved the last 3 years.

MOBB DEEP
12-28-2009, 10:42 PM
I kind of figured this would be a tough one for Minnesota as it was likely that cold weather Favre would be out

he he...

Packerarcher
12-28-2009, 11:21 PM

he he...

It was hardly Favre that lost this game for the Queens,he is actually the reason they stayed in it.

packerbacker1234
12-28-2009, 11:23 PM
Gotta be a tough loss for Favre to swallow. He played one hell of a second half. Chilly was way too conservative in the first half. He didn't play bad in OT either... peterson fumble. blah.

Favre played a really good game today, and yes, that is on the road and in cold weather. That 4th down TD pass was just a money play. Too bad the D didn't show up, and that peterson had to cough it up.

One has to wonder why chilly keeps so conservative in the first half every game. If the vikes want a deep playoff run, they are going to need to open it up fast every game.

Tyrone Bigguns
12-28-2009, 11:23 PM

he he...

It was hardly Favre that lost this game for the Queens,he is actually the reason they stayed in it.

Without a doubt! Bert kept them in the game in the first half. :lol:

packerbacker1234
12-28-2009, 11:37 PM

he he...

Yeah, his 5/9 for 36 yards... totally his fault. TYou know, we two incompletions being throw aways due to pressure.

Favre was not the reason for this loss tonight. If anything, he is the reason they even had a chance to win. That first half falls on chilly and his super conservative play calls. Not even one pass played called that was more then 8 yards.

Tyrone Bigguns
12-28-2009, 11:41 PM

he he...

Yeah, his 5/9 for 36 yards... totally his fault. TYou know, we two incompletions being throw aways due to pressure.

Favre was not the reason for this loss tonight. If anything, he is the reason they even had a chance to win. That first half falls on chilly and his super conservative play calls. Not even one pass played called that was more then 8 yards.

Easy for you to forget that he almost had 2 picked as well. Good teams make those picks.

You can talk about reasons...all ty knows is that he lost. He loses in december. Was it chilly's fault he was getting sacked? Was it Chilly's fault he couldn't lead his team in OT.

P.S. It was the general consensus that the Vikes needed favre to complement their offense..to make plays when necessary. Not to lead this team by throwing a ton, etc. Funny watching the Bert apologists.

Bretsky
12-28-2009, 11:42 PM
Ty is great at stirring pots

Tyrone Bigguns
12-28-2009, 11:44 PM

This is the official Bert thread...how can you stir the pot by talking about Favre in a favre thread.

Or, did Ty misread the thread title: "the official suck bert's dick cause he does no wrong thread!"

The Shadow
12-28-2009, 11:46 PM
I must admit it was fun to watch the little self-satisfied smile quickly disappear.

Tyrone Bigguns
12-28-2009, 11:48 PM
I must admit it was fun to watch the little self-satisfied smile quickly disappear.

Presser.

Delicious.

packerbacker1234
12-28-2009, 11:48 PM

he he...

Easy for you to forget that he almost had 2 picked as well. Good teams make those picks.

You can talk about reasons...all ty knows is that he lost. He loses in december. Was it chilly's fault he was getting sacked? Was it Chilly's fault he couldn't lead his team in OT.

P.S. It was the general consensus that the Vikes needed favre to complement their offense..to make plays when necessary. Not to lead this team by throwing a ton, etc. Funny watching the Bert apologists.

And favre made the plays when necessary. Down 17, they come back. 4th down, game and #2 seed on the line, last play in regulation - TD. OT. Favre's first posession in OT... no protection.

Gets the ball back, nice easy 15 yard dump pass to AP... fumble.

Yup, Brett lost this game. He throughout his career has always had those one or two pass plays that "shoulda" been picked, and guess what, even good teams drop em. The first was tipped off his own WR's hands. Understandbly, defender wasn't ready. 2nd was knocked down by the WR - so it wouldn't of been picked regardless.

You say he was brought there to make plays. I believe coming back down by 17 due to conservative play calling and poor defense, a 4th down TD pass to force ot, and a nice dump off pass to start driving the filed in OT is "Brett doing what he was brought there to do". Alas, he can't do the blocking, the catching (berrian drop earlier in the game when wide open deep), and the runnign after the catch, or prevent fumbles from the RB.

Favre did what he needed to do to win this game. His team didn't come through.

He isn't teh guy who had his extra point blocked, or the person who gave up a long returns all game, including one at a critical part in the 4th after the vikes just tied it.

Again, tell me what Brett did to cause the vikings to lose this game. This is not me being an apologist, it's me being a realist. He did what had to be done. His special teams, defense, and AP int he clutch were why they lost.

Bretsky
12-28-2009, 11:51 PM

This is the official Bert thread...how can you stir the pot by talking about Favre in a favre thread.

Or, did Ty misread the thread title: "the official suck bert's dick cause he does no wrong thread!"

It's tone; but obviously you don't see it. Or maybe I'm still thinking of the 40 yd field goal comment pot stir and am letting that attempt influence my view here

Tyrone Bigguns
12-28-2009, 11:53 PM
Wrong 2 plays. The first went off a Bear's outstretched hands..of the two i'm talking about.

Favre lost. It is that simple. He didn't make the plays in the cold at the end of the game. He had multiple tries and failed.

But, thanx for proving my point. If Favre has to do what he is doing..throw a ton, make plays, etc...then Favre and the Vikes either lied about his role or were completely clueless about the real vikes...and if so, then no reason to bring Bert in...cause if they are so inept that they can't win without favre being a superstar..then they are in trouble.

Funny, the vikes lose, packers are winning...and your posts are about Bert. Might wanna readjust your priorities.....or at least change your name.

Packerarcher
12-28-2009, 11:58 PM
Ty,

I am suprised you are still up,I figured your momma would have you on an early curfew in the basement.

Bretsky
12-29-2009, 12:02 AM
Ty,

I am suprised you are still up,I figured your momma would have you on an early curfew in the basement.

Bush League
No need for this crap at all

MOBB DEEP
12-29-2009, 12:02 AM
bert sucks but like i said last week, i hope minny has to play in the 1st round so i can see him chuck the ball in as many games as possible

mere ENTERTAINMENT

tt and sherman robbed me of any emotional ties to this shyt i have NO control over

celtics suck too.... :cry:

denverYooper
12-29-2009, 12:03 AM
I do believe that's the oldest internet insult in the book.

MOBB DEEP
12-29-2009, 12:05 AM

so that actualy WAS a smile he had? i was lookn at him and sayn no way he's THAT gangster

i like it tho; very ENTERTAINING

MOBB DEEP
12-29-2009, 12:06 AM
I do believe that's the oldest internet insult in the book.

lol....circa 1998

prob true tho

MOBB DEEP
12-29-2009, 12:07 AM
Gotta be a tough loss for Favre to swallow. He played one hell of a second half. Chilly was way too conservative in the first half. He didn't play bad in OT either... peterson fumble. blah.

Favre played a really good game today, and yes, that is on the road and in cold weather. That 4th down TD pass was just a money play. Too bad the D didn't show up, and that peterson had to cough it up.

One has to wonder why chilly keeps so conservative in the first half every game. If the vikes want a deep playoff run, they are going to need to open it up fast every game.

good post

Bretsky
12-29-2009, 12:12 AM
MN seemed to call a shit game in half one. But Favre missed throws too. The one that sticks out was the blitz by da Bears. Berrian seemed to have two steps on his guy crossing over the middle and a LOT of green ahead of him....maybe a TD. Favre threw the pass a few feet behind him and they punted. Berrion seemed to return the favor later though when he dropped a nicely thrown crossing pattern in Bears territory.

Tyrone Bigguns
12-29-2009, 12:31 AM

It's tone; but obviously you don't see it. Or maybe I'm still thinking of the 40 yd field goal comment pot stir and am letting that attempt influence my view here

tone? I don't think bert played great. I backed it up.

40 yard fg? Simply noted that it ain't easy. Have no idea who said what..cept that some posters think it should be automatic.

packerbacker1234
12-29-2009, 12:52 AM

40 yard fg? Simply noted that it ain't easy. Have no idea who said what..cept that some posters think it should be automatic.

And i backed up that he played well and made the plays needed to WIN the football game. He can't do it alone, as I noted. It's really showing the type of team Minn really is, and it aint Berts fault. 26/40, 321 yards, two td's, no ints, game tieing TD pass, 17 point come back, had a drive going in OT that ended with a AP fumble.

What more can the guy do? I agree, if Brett has to be a Superstar for Minn to win games, then minn really isn't as good as they think they are, but that doesn't mean bringing Brett is was a bad move. He has clearly played at a level the other QB's on that team can't compete with, and is playing well enough for a super bowl run, just like in 07. The question is how he plays in the playoffs, and how the rest of his team plays. Is that defense going to show up? Are the special teams going to keep giving up huge returns? Is the OL going to continue to look like the packers OL circa begining of 09?

And is Brett going to fold up, or is he going to be a Super star. All questions no one can answer. All I know is, Brett played great today. Not perfect. He came through in the clutch, and HIS TEAM lost it for him.

Tyrone Bigguns
12-29-2009, 01:04 AM

And i backed up that he played well and made the plays needed to WIN the football game. He can't do it alone, as I noted. It's really showing the type of team Minn really is, and it aint Berts fault. 26/40, 321 yards, two td's, no ints, game tieing TD pass, 17 point come back, had a drive going in OT that ended with a AP fumble.

What more can the guy do? I agree, if Brett has to be a Superstar for Minn to win games, then minn really isn't as good as they think they are, but that doesn't mean bringing Brett is was a bad move. He has clearly played at a level the other QB's on that team can't compete with, and is playing well enough for a super bowl run, just like in 07. The question is how he plays in the playoffs, and how the rest of his team plays. Is that defense going to show up? Are the special teams going to keep giving up huge returns? Is the OL going to continue to look like the packers OL circa begining of 09?

And is Brett going to fold up, or is he going to be a Super star. All questions no one can answer. All I know is, Brett played great today. Not perfect. He came through in the clutch, and HIS TEAM lost it for him.

How about not fumbling without getting hit? How about not taking sacks? How about not passing into a lineman and getting penalties. Need more? LOL

Of course it is a bad move. If you don't win it all you paid a guy 11 mill for nothing. You retarded the growth of your younger qbs, you didn't find the qb to lead you for the next 5-10 years.

If the Vikes have as many questions going into the playoffs, then they certainly didn't need bert. LOL

And, Bert didn't play great. He made poor passes. He got sacked. He fumbled. He made a penalties..and shoulda had 2-3 picks if the bears had any talent.

It is great with you favre bootlickers. The team lost if for him. Bert gets all the glory..none of the blame. But, more telling..lost it for him. Bert ain't the vikings org, viking owner, etc.

Bossman641
12-29-2009, 01:10 AM
I don't know know how to answer, or even how to frame this question, but has Favre made AP worse?

It sure seems like he should be putting up a lot better stats then he is. Look at his stats from week 11 on. If he was Ryan Grant, people would be callin for Green and Jackson.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?playerId=10452

mraynrand
12-29-2009, 01:32 AM

he he...

Wasn't that before the Bears lost three defensive backs to injury? Think that made a difference? Or that when you have a 17 point lead you play more prevent defense?

Loved Favre presser where he turns it into - WHAT A SHOCK - a Favre fest - "I guess they'll just say this is another example of how I can't win in the cold"

No, it's just how the Vikings can't win on the road. 36 points allowed. WOW. Can't blame it all on Favre, but he bears a lot of burden for the shitty first half. Dome sweet dome. LOL. Go Eagles!

P.S. how do you know Chilly called any of the plays in the first half - or that even if he called them Favre didn't change them? Who is running this team anyway?

Remember, it's all ENTERTAINMENT. Are you entertained?

http://i453.photobucket.com/albums/qq254/mraynrand/SIFavre.jpg

Spaulding
12-29-2009, 07:54 AM
Given my last two memories of Brett playing in the cold (Bears regular season pounding of us in 2007 and the playoff loss to the Giants), I thought he looked a lot better last night. He pretty much folded in both those games and last night he seemed to play pretty well. That being said, the Bears should have had a couple of picks and if it was Rodgers who had played like that, there would be plenty of detractors posting.

vince
12-29-2009, 07:59 AM
Shiancoe and Rice both made some really nice leaping catches for him too.

Scott Campbell
12-29-2009, 08:00 AM
What more can the guy do? I agree, if Brett has to be a Superstar for Minn to win games, then minn really isn't as good as they think they are, but that doesn't mean bringing Brett is was a bad move. He has clearly played at a level the other QB's on that team can't compete with, and is playing well enough for a super bowl run, just like in 07.

Oh how the mighty have fallen. The few remaining Favre supporters have been reduced to excuse making.

We told you people this would happen.

Scott Campbell
12-29-2009, 08:01 AM
I don't know know how to answer, or even how to frame this question, but has Favre made AP worse?

Favre is the cancer that has spread to the rest of their team.

Scott Campbell
12-29-2009, 08:05 AM
Good thing Favre put all that December fade nonsense to rest with that win against Cincy. :lol:

mraynrand
12-29-2009, 08:15 AM

Good question. I don't think he's made him worse, but he naturally takes away from him. It's a QB and pass dominated league. Look at all the best teams, playing very well and you will find an outstanding QB playing at the top of his game: Manning, Brady, Rivers, Brees, McNabb, Rodgers, etc. It's no secret. The League is geared for the passing game. Favre's played very well this year and elevated the stature of folks around him: Harvin, Rice, Shainko all look 'much better' being thrown accurate passes from Favre, but in the process the role of AP is diminished. That will also have an effect on blocking - the Vikings O-line has to be more concerned with pass blocking. Favre isn't done yet and the Vikings will likely have two playoff games in a nice cozy warm dome with Fat Williams back in there at NT, but you have to wonder where that team is at - giving up 36 to Chicago. LOL.

RashanGary
12-29-2009, 08:21 AM
It wasn't all that cold last night.

But yeah, I love how the Favre supporters are now saying the Vikings stink without him. They won 10 games last year without him and got to the playoffs with a horrible Tavaris Jackson.

Oh yeah, and the Jets are on the verge of a playoff birth now, and that is the year after Favre, but they were supposed to suck without him.

Oh, and the Packers, 2nd year AF, are in the playoffs and have a better feel to the team than we have since 1995.

And this guy has had what? 1 title in 18 years and he needed the #1 defense and #1 ST's to do it. It's not like he's carrying anyone to anything and that's not a knock on him. That's reality. I don't believe any player, ever, has carried a team to the SB. Football is the ultimate team sport. Maybe that's true in basketball where 1 in 5 carries so much more weight.

When are poeple going to realize this farce is a part of these good teams, not the reason they win. Just stop propping him up so much. He's a damn fine player but nobody in the NFL, ever, has played up to the imaginary level that Favre supporters try to cast him on. We moved on just fine without him because he's replaceable. The Jets moved on just fine without him because he's replaceable. The Vikings should be slipping over the next few years with or without him, so they mgiht not, but the fact remains, Favre doesn't make teams. Good teams have given Favre chances to succeed. And to Favre's credit, just like all 10 or 15 other guys in the NFL right now, he has the talent and know how to help a team win. To Favre's credit, he's been supremely durable todays gladiator sport. To Favre's credit, he's had a great career.

When you start trying to prop him on these unrealistic levels, and start ripping other people down to do it, anyone with a shred of realism is going to chime in. The Favre lovers and Favre's own ego are his worst enemies. Knocking him off the ledge he's propped on isn't even an insult, but his lovers and he himself seem to think it is. The expectations are so unrealistic and sad. If Favre is a victim, he's a victim of people thinking he's superhuman and sadly, he might be dumb enough to believe it himself. That would be hard to try to live up to the impossible. That's a big part of Brett's burden.

Shit, just be one of the guys and have fun. That's what it's about, not this legacy, proving this or that BS. Look at the Packers team. They're having a blast together. That's what football is.

GrnBay007
12-29-2009, 09:04 AM
Gotta be a tough loss for Favre to swallow. He played one hell of a second half.

When you start trying to prop him on these unrealistic levels, and start ripping other people down to do it, anyone with a shred of realism is going to chime in.

PB1234, this is what happens at PR if you attempt to say anything that would resemble a positive remark about Favre.

The guy says he played a good second half and that's giving him props on an "unrealistic level"? LOL

Pugger
12-29-2009, 09:10 AM
Favre played pretty well in the second half. I'll give him that. And yes, this is a passing league today and the teams with the best records have good QBs. But. It still takes a good defense to win. I don't recall hearing Jared Allen's name mentioned a lot and their secondary is suspect. They made Jay Cutler look like Aaron Rodgers! :wink: Chicago's offense is one of the worst in the league and they scored 36 points on the vaunted MN D. Warms the cockels of my heart, I tell ya! :hrt:

Fred's Slacks
12-29-2009, 09:11 AM
Nice post JH. Totally agree. The man is a great QB, no question. Possibly the best. But some argued going from 13-3 to 6-10 was all in losing Brett. That really drove me nuts.

pbmax
12-29-2009, 09:13 AM
The Jets are on the verge of a playoff spot because the bottom has fallen out of the wild card teams in the AFC. A 9-7 record with or without a playoff berth is mediocre. Ryan also seems to have bolstered an already good defense.

I was surprised Favre played as well as he did in the second half.

ThunderDan
12-29-2009, 09:23 AM
The Jets are on the verge of a playoff spot because the bottom has fallen out of the wild card teams in the AFC. A 9-7 record with or without a playoff berth is mediocre. Ryan also seems to have bolstered an already good defense.

Just think where the Jets might be if BF hadn't gotten his release. Just think they are 8-7 with Sanchez and his 188/348 2,381Y 12TD and 20INT stats.

RashanGary
12-29-2009, 09:35 AM
I think Brett might have had a better chance with the Jets too. Great running team. Really, really good OL. Great defense. Good ST's.

And another thing about the Jets, they run that AFC style offense with a lot of shifting and focus on matchups. Favre is more used to the "static" offense that takes advantage of the defenses weak spot on any given play, but I think he had a chance to master something new there. He's already very unique, but to really have mastery of the two biggest styles of offense in the NFL and have the physical ability still.

His time with the Jets was valuable to him though. I'm sure it still helps him.

Regardless, he's had a great career and is having a great year. I'll do my best not to rip the guy down, but when people try to make him out as this individual hero playing iwth a bunch of mortals, well, that's not fair to him because most of us know that's not true and sadly saying that's not true and using evidence to show it, just casts an ugly light on a career that should be celebrated. Unfortunately though, Favre seems to be out trying to prove it's true, so he sort of brings it on himself and deserves it with his larger than team attitude.

I insist that Favre's worst enemy is himself, his ego and his crazy fans. Without those things, he'd still be one of the most respected, admired and beloved figures in all of sports by the majority, not the dividing figure that he is now. He should have nothing to prove, but his actions keep pushing ot have to prove he is something he can never be, something nobody has ever been.

Scott Campbell
12-29-2009, 09:52 AM
Maybe he's injured again.

Karma - better late than never.

MadtownPacker
12-29-2009, 10:27 AM
campbell - pathetic like always. What more can be expected from the big "exec" that somehow cant afford to go to games unless the tickets are free.

I gotta admit Favre did better than expected but not good enough at the end. Should never got peterson involved in OT but thats how it goes.

Truth is that this is just the set up for Pack vs Favre/vikings pt III like Mobb said would happen.

Scott Campbell
12-29-2009, 10:42 AM
campbell - pathetic like always. What more can be expected from the big "exec" that somehow cant afford to go to games unless the tickets are free.

I gotta admit Favre did better than expected but not good enough at the end. Should never got peterson involved in OT but thats how it goes.

Truth is that this is just the set up for Pack vs Favre/vikings pt III like Mobb said would happen.

Hi Mad. It looks like you finished shoveling my driveway. The work was shoddy as usual, but at least you're cheap.

It's funny how the mood of this thread has changed since the calendar turned to December.

Scott Campbell
12-29-2009, 11:26 AM
I thought Favre was supposed to make everyone around him better.

Packerarcher
12-29-2009, 11:49 AM

Has anyone ever told you that you are an annoyying worthless piss ant,opps looks like I just did.

mraynrand
12-29-2009, 12:04 PM

Interesting. I think he has made Rice, Shiancoe, Harvin, and a few others better. He's made Peterson look worse, but indirectly. In truth, he's played mostly very well this year and the Vikings have benefitted from a strong passing attack. But there are cracks - generally poor run blocking, some breakdowns in pass pro, and the D? Shows how you have to be strong right up the middle: NT, MLB, Safety. Vikings were without two last night and it hurt them (plus, they don't really have a great safety). Finally, their pass rush is much more effective on turf. The Vikings will look all the better if they are able to secure that #2 and have two nice cosy games in domes.

The Shadow
12-29-2009, 12:09 PM

Has anyone ever told you that you are an annoyying worthless piss ant,opps looks like I just did.

Personally, I think Old Scott is a most valuable asset to this forum.

mngolf19
12-29-2009, 12:24 PM

Interesting. I think he has made Rice, Shiancoe, Harvin, and a few others better. He's made Peterson look worse, but indirectly. In truth, he's played mostly very well this year and the Vikings have benefitted from a strong passing attack. But there are cracks - generally poor run blocking, some breakdowns in pass pro, and the D? Shows how you have to be strong right up the middle: NT, MLB, Safety. Vikings were without two last night and it hurt them (plus, they don't really have a great safety). Finally, their pass rush is much more effective on turf. The Vikings will look all the better if they are able to secure that #2 and have two nice cosy games in domes.

Spot on man. Why are we talking about losses in Dec? Because they have played 3 outdoor games in Dec. Different team on turf.

As for AP, while his rushing yards are way down, his rushing TDs are way up and his receiving yards are so high they have kept his overall yards from scrimmage nearly the same as last year.

ThunderDan
12-29-2009, 12:30 PM

Is that a urinating ant?

It's pissant.

Favre is now 1-3 in his last four games. When ARod was having similar issues last year it was all his fault for a segment of the population on this website. (It doesn't matter how good the QB play is, if the D and ST blow you are most likely going to lose)

packers11
12-29-2009, 02:00 PM
http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2009/1229/page2_e_jester_576.jpg

gex
12-29-2009, 02:38 PM

Many many times (sigh) but we are stuck with the worthless posts that SC provides to this forum. :cry:

mraynrand
12-29-2009, 02:41 PM

Many many times (sigh) but we are stuck with the worthless posts that SC provides to this forum. :cry:

The oracle speaks! Pot meet kettle. Among the FFFs, your posts are about the most inane and devoid of insight. But you're pretty good with the emoticons. Keep up the good work!

:bclap:

MOBB DEEP
12-29-2009, 03:14 PM

+1

He was straight balln; anyone who cant see that is merely hating as if he really harmed them personally or cant possibly be an objective viewer. ALL the so-called experts are marveling at what he's done this year at his age (no one ever has) and how well he played last night (thus the redic smirk he had :cry: ). i can understand the disdain for the vikes as a myopic GB backer. But to try to tear down/minimize favre's accomplishments is asanine. ALL THESE GUYS OUT THERE ARE PPL TOO so when they do greatr things why not respect that? before evolving i HATED moss more than any player ever! y? because he was KILLN the pack, not slapping my mama. but NO WAY i could ever dislike a former packer (cant realy see myself disliking ANY player at this point in time - not everyone can control what jerzey they wear and unless they offend me personally i would feel stupid hating on their SKILLS)...frickn LOVE moss now b/c i was able to put this form of ENTERTAINMENT in perspective. i dont root for rivers (irks me a lil) to win but how can i not respect his gangsta/great plays? i cant play like that

i know this will fall on deaf ears around here but im just sayn....favre was in MVP talks as a geezer. thats awesome and cool to see

HE DISLIKES TED THOMPSON AND MCCARTHY NOT PACKERRATS, ty, or scottcampbell

:roll: DAYUM...evolve

GOD BLESS

The Shadow
12-29-2009, 03:45 PM

+1

He was straight balln; anyone who cant see that is merely hating as if he really harmed them personally or cant possibly be an objective viewer. ALL the so-called experts are marveling at what he's done this year at his age (no one ever has) and how well he played last night (thus the redic smirk he had :cry: ). i can understand the disdain for the vikes as a myopic GB backer. But to try to tear down/minimize favre's accomplishments is asanine. ALL THESE GUYS OUT THERE ARE PPL TOO so when they do greatr things why not respect that? before evolving i HATED moss more than any player ever! y? because he was KILLN the pack, not slapping my mama. but NO WAY i could ever dislike a former packer (cant realy see myself disliking ANY player at this point in time - not everyone can control what jerzey they wear and unless they offend me personally i would feel stupid hating on their SKILLS)...frickn LOVE moss now b/c i was able to put this form of ENTERTAINMENT in perspective. i dont root for rivers (irks me a lil) to win but how can i not respect his gangsta/great plays? i cant play like that

i know this will fall on deaf ears around here but im just sayn....favre was in MVP talks as a geezer. thats awesome and cool to see

GOD BLESS

Why do behavioral psych majors so often try to sound 'gangsta'?
Just asking.

Bossman641
12-29-2009, 03:57 PM

+1

GOD BLESS

Mobb

We get it. It is entertainment to you. We've heard it 100 times. That is all fine and dandy for you, but you are definitely in the minority with your viewpoint. I don't understand why you can't respect that it means much more for numerous posters.

mraynrand
12-29-2009, 03:58 PM

Source?

mraynrand
12-29-2009, 03:59 PM
dp

Scott Campbell
12-29-2009, 07:01 PM

Harlan did a few times. But he was often overly emotional.

swede
12-29-2009, 07:07 PM
Harlan could be so annoyying.

Bretsky
12-29-2009, 07:20 PM

Source?

Yes, how do you know he doesn't like Scott Campbell ? :lol:

mission
12-29-2009, 07:43 PM

+1

GOD BLESS

Just asking.

*whispers* (he's black)

Scott Campbell
12-29-2009, 08:12 PM

http://thepmi.files.wordpress.com/2008/12/crybaby.jpg

HowardRoark
12-29-2009, 08:19 PM
Dem dare Favres just keep on coming.....

http://packerrats.com/ratchat/viewtopic.php?t=19703

The Shadow
12-29-2009, 08:20 PM

+1

GOD BLESS

Just asking.

*whispers* (he's black)

Sounds white bread wannabe, all the same.

CaptainKickass
12-29-2009, 10:20 PM
Just stopping by to hurl a middle finger in their general direction and say:

"Fuck Brett Favre and the Vikings!"

...'cause I'm a childish, competitive asshat mostly.

Also - quite unbelievably - I actually muttered these words:

"c'mon Bears...pull this one out"

while watching the Chi/Mn game last nite.

Times they are a changin'.

channtheman
12-29-2009, 10:43 PM

+1

GOD BLESS

Just asking.

*whispers* (he's black)

Racist.

Scott Campbell
12-29-2009, 11:42 PM

+1

GOD BLESS

Mobb

We get it. It is entertainment to you. We've heard it 100 times. That is all fine and dandy for you, but you are definitely in the minority with your viewpoint. I don't understand why you can't respect that it means much more for numerous posters.

I get the feeling Mobb was a lot more entertained prior to the latest December meltdown.

LEWCWA
12-30-2009, 12:25 AM

+1

GOD BLESS

Good post. This is the point I am at now...I can't root for the Vikings, Favre is my favorite player since James Lofton....What a dilema. I don't root for the Vikings or Favre, I just admire the things he accomplishes and how he plays.

gex
12-30-2009, 01:30 AM

+1

GOD BLESS

Mobb

I get the feeling Mobb was a lot more entertained prior to the latest December meltdown.

And another very insightfull post by Mr. sc....(still waiting)

Scott Campbell
12-30-2009, 07:40 AM
http://cdn.faniq.com/images/blog/41d3e90314f6011c2b62e1136c27f3aa.jpg

Thanks indeed.

http://thesportsabyss.files.wordpress.com/2008/08/ted424.jpg

Smidgeon
12-30-2009, 10:05 AM
200 pages? Really?

Cheesehead Craig
12-30-2009, 10:28 AM
200 pages? Really?
But it's 200 pages of fun and frivolity! :lol:

woodbuck27
12-30-2009, 11:34 AM
Vs the Bears.

Favre was 26 completions of 40 attempts for 321 yards, 2 TD's and no picks. A QB Passer Rating of 106. He played his heart out in the second half to bring the Vikings back to tie the game very late in the fourth quarter and send it to OT. Anyone who saw that game and is aware of what he did as the Vikings QB shouldn't be saying, seriously, :D that Favre melted down in that game.

The Vikings have some serious issues on their OL and trying to defend the deep pass among other things. Favre is a long ways from being a problem, moreso a serious issue with his team.

Smidgeon
12-30-2009, 11:51 AM
200 pages? Really?
But it's 200 pages of fun and frivolity! :lol:

Is it? I never even opened this thread until it hit 200. And then it was just to post on how ridiculously high the page count is. Any good moments from this thread? Maybe a "Greatest Highlights" of the thread need to be summarized every fifty pages or so for those who don't want to wade through all the posts...

mraynrand
12-30-2009, 12:16 PM
Vs the Bears. Favre was 26 completions of 40 attempts for 321 yards, 2 TD's and no picks. A QB Passer Rating of 106. He played his heart out in the second half to bring the Vikings back to tie the game very late in the fourth quarter and send it to OT. Anyone who saw that game and is aware of what he did as the Vikings QB shouldn't be saying, seriously, :D that Favre melted down in that game.

The Vikings have some serious issues on their OL and trying to defend the deep pass among other things. Favre is a long ways from being a problem, moreso a serious issue with his team.

You have some good points there, but how much is the Favre situation part of the difficulty they had in the first half - that got them behind 16-0? Should they have opened it up and just let Favre run the offense right from the start? Is Chilly trying to exert authority at the cost of success on the field? Why would he do that unless there is a power struggle? How much of this is Favre's doing, and how much is on Chilly? Is Minnesota going to be a run first, second and then pass team, or will they realize that they (like all successful NFL teams) must rely heavily on the QB and the passing game? These are interesting issues. Hopefully the Vikings get it all wrong, have power struggles and dissension and all this stuff blows up in their faces over the next two weeks so that we don't have to see the Vikings on the field until next year.

mraynrand
12-30-2009, 12:18 PM
Maybe a "Greatest Highlights" of the thread need to be summarized every fifty pages or so for those who don't want to wade through all the posts...

I think Harlan is working on that - along with the Packerrats rule book and the new Home Page design. That's why he's been in seclusion for weeks.

channtheman
12-30-2009, 02:07 PM
Vs the Bears.

Favre was 26 completions of 40 attempts for 321 yards, 2 TD's and no picks. A QB Passer Rating of 106. He played his heart out in the second half to bring the Vikings back to tie the game very late in the fourth quarter and send it to OT. Anyone who saw that game and is aware of what he did as the Vikings QB shouldn't be saying, seriously, :D that Favre melted down in that game.

Reminds me of Rodgers all last year. Yet Rodgers was the problem last year....

ThunderDan
12-30-2009, 03:27 PM
Vs the Bears.

Reminds me of Rodgers all last year. Yet Rodgers was the problem last year....

In that same theme, Favre had the ball twice in OT and couldn't get it done. He's not a winner! (Oh wait, he's got the most wins of any starting QB in the history of the NFL.)

Tyrone Bigguns
12-30-2009, 04:51 PM
Let's not forget that it was against the Bears. Bert played half a game well against a pretty bad team..and one that lost, arguably, it's best CB.

Packerarcher
12-30-2009, 05:24 PM
Let's not forget that it was against the Bears. Bert played half a game well against a pretty bad team..and one that lost, arguably, it's best CB.

Yup,that could be almost as bad as losing to Tampa.

mission
12-30-2009, 05:36 PM

Yup,that could be almost as bad as losing to Tampa.

"OMG"!

Scott Campbell
12-30-2009, 06:17 PM
The light just doesn't glisten off his helmet the way it used to.

Bretsky
12-30-2009, 06:25 PM
Childress did a poor job with his game plan Monday
He announced to the Bears all week he was re establishing the run
Then they kicked his game plans ass
One series was run run draw play punt

In second half he came out to expose the Bears weaknesses in the secondary and it worked; should have started earlier

Regardless, I wonder where the Vikings Defense has went

Do they miss EJ Henderson that much ?