PDA

View Full Version : OFFICIAL BRETT THE LIVING LEGEND THREAD

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46

Upnorth
08-22-2011, 09:46 AM
Irsay is a troll!

channtheman
08-22-2011, 12:48 PM
The lockout pushed this whole thing back. Don't be surprised (since the streak is over) if the itch doesn't come back till after week 1.

mraynrand
08-22-2011, 01:29 PM
The lockout pushed this whole thing back. Don't be surprised (since the streak is over) if the itch doesn't come back till after week 1.

Don't forget that Bert was subject to a lock out as well - by Deanna!

http://beat.bodog.eu/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/favre.jpg

Scott Campbell
08-22-2011, 01:50 PM
I suppose it had to come to this. Favre has an impersonator. http://www.greenbaypressgazette.com/article/20110819/GPG0101/110819081/Man-posing-former-Packers-quarterback-Brett-Favre-making-rounds-Green-Bay?odyssey=mod|mostview

http://i1206.photobucket.com/albums/bb449/route25/notfavre.jpg

I boo'd him.

imscott72
08-22-2011, 01:54 PM
I boo'd him.

I think that is Bert.. :)

Jimx29
09-23-2011, 07:31 PM
Favre returns (http://msn.foxsports.com/collegefootball/story/brett-favre-joins-broadcast-team-for-southern-mississippi-football-game-092311/?GT1=39002)

channtheman
09-23-2011, 07:39 PM
Favre returns (http://msn.foxsports.com/collegefootball/story/brett-favre-joins-broadcast-team-for-southern-mississippi-football-game-092311/?GT1=39002)

I imagine that game will air on ESPN along with all the other major networks, correct?

gbgary
09-23-2011, 08:20 PM
ugh!

Kiwon
09-23-2011, 09:26 PM
I imagine that game will air on ESPN along with all the other major networks, correct?

John Madden's bus will be in the parking lot.

channtheman
09-23-2011, 09:31 PM

:D

gbgary
09-23-2011, 10:12 PM

will chilly be driving?

Joemailman
09-23-2011, 10:38 PM
will chilly be driving?

Hard to drive and be a stewardess at the same time.

http://images.huffingtonpost.com/2009-10-30-bradchildressphotos1.jpg

gbgary
09-23-2011, 11:27 PM
yikes!

Scott Campbell
09-23-2011, 11:35 PM

The Spice Network.

Iron Mike
09-24-2011, 09:22 AM
http://cdn04.okcdn.okmagazine.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/Jen_Sterger_Oct8_03.jpg

Maybe somebody will get a new sideline gig......

Bossman641
10-04-2011, 02:53 PM
You know who is back in the news with possibly a couple veiled shots at Rodgers.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcnorth/post?id=32176

Here's the whole interview transcript if interested.

http://sportsradiointerviews.com/2011/10/04/brett-favre-tv-announcer-nfl-hall-of-fame-history-aaron-rodgers-green-bay-packers/

vince
10-04-2011, 03:11 PM
Brett Favre is a flawed, petty, insecure, pathetic human being. If he didn't have such an outspoken group of hero worshipers for whom he can do no wrong and access to anything he desires (that can be bought with money), I'd feel sorry for him.

He's surprised it took him so long.

What a dick.

Guiness
10-04-2011, 03:27 PM
I don't know the word to describe him, but you put it together pretty well Vince.

If nothing else, colour me confused by him. Did he fool us all those years? Was he always a bastard, and if so, was he just better at hiding it, or did we choose to ignore it? Or did those characteristics not become apparent until he stopped getting his way?

swede
10-04-2011, 03:32 PM
Yeah, ol' Brett really took the young guy under his wing and showed him a thing or two about playin' the game the right way. And losing the NFC Championship was about the young guys, not the overtime interception thrown by the league's career interception leader.

:vomit:

bobblehead
10-04-2011, 04:05 PM
I don't know the word to describe him, but you put it together pretty well Vince.

If nothing else, colour me confused by him. Did he fool us all those years? Was he always a bastard, and if so, was he just better at hiding it, or did we choose to ignore it? Or did those characteristics not become apparent until he stopped getting his way?

Yes, he was always a bastard. Yes many overlooked it. No, he didn't fool people, they fooled themselves.

Look, BF is who he is. He hasn't changed, fooled anyone or anything of the sort. People see what they want to see. Follow politics diligently and it becomes very apparent.

hoosier
10-04-2011, 04:14 PM

What comes out of F****'s mouth now when he talks about the Packers is spite, the rancor of a jilted ex. Rodgers bears the brunt of that because he took BF's place in the bed. We didn't see this before because he hadn't yet found himself in that position of being on the outside looking in. I guess you could say that side of him had not yet been revealed when he was the starting QB for the Packers. Some may claim to have seen it there under the surface, but I am not nearly so confident in my abilities to read human beings through the media.

Packers4Glory
10-04-2011, 04:42 PM
idk. hard to argue or find fault w/ anything he said. The only thing I think you can objectively question is the "i'm surprised he didn't do it sooner" comments is open for debate.

I'm not a favre hater now. I'll always cherish the memories he brought me growing up and divorces are often bitter. He'll always be one of the greats despite his falling apart the final year w/ numerous issues. shit happens.

mraynrand
10-04-2011, 05:06 PM
Sound and Fury

Gunakor
10-04-2011, 05:23 PM
He could have simply said "I'm not surprised. That kid has a ton of talent. I could tell back in '07 that the team Ted Thompson was putting together was going to be special, and Aaron is a special quarterback. I'm not surprised at all." That would have gone much farther towards rebuilding burned bridges than saying he fell into a good situation, had 3 years to sit and learn from the master, and should have won one sooner than he did.

Joemailman
10-04-2011, 05:42 PM
I think people are overreacting here. Favre has said and done some thing that justifiably upset Packer fans. In my opinion, this ain't one of 'em. People are acting as if the statement "I'm surprised he didn't win it sooner" is a criticism for not winning it sooner. I think it was meant as an acknowledgement that Rodgers is damn good, and that Ted Thompson has surrounded him with great talent. I guess Favre could have said it better and more precisely. Well guess what? Favre isn't the most gifted speaker to come along. I'm sure Favre still bears some resentment over what happened here, but he strikes me as being less bitter than a lot of his critics.

Packers4Glory
10-04-2011, 05:47 PM
I think people are overreacting here. Favre has said and done some thing that justifiably upset Packer fans. In my opinion, this ain't one of 'em. People are acting as if the statement "I'm surprised he didn't win it sooner" is a criticism for not winning it sooner. I think it was meant as an acknowledgement that Rodgers is damn good, and that Ted Thompson has surrounded him with great talent. I guess Favre could have said it better and more precisely. Well guess what? Favre isn't the most gifted speaker to come along. I'm sure Favre still bears some resentment over what happened here, but he strikes me as being less bitter than a lot of his critics.
can't argue that one bit. good post.

Harlan Huckleby
10-04-2011, 06:49 PM
http://packersnews.greenbaypressgazette.com/article/20111003/PKR04/111003091/Favre-debuts-college-football-TV-analyst-watch-clip

I don't see favre cutting it as a TV analyst. No gift of gab.

gbgary
10-04-2011, 07:09 PM
f bf

Deputy Nutz
10-04-2011, 07:13 PM
Well Hank Williams compared the President to Adolph Hitler yesterday on Fox and Friends.

Favre could say that Rodger's is so damn good he shits gum drops and Packer fan is going to burn his ass. So it really doesn't matter.

red
10-04-2011, 07:31 PM
what a dick, he needs to realize that he's dumb as shit and needs to just close his fucking mouth. everytime he opens it he just ends up looking more stupid

he said in his own kind way that rodgers plsyed like shit the last two years and he was the reason they didn't win a super bowl sooner
Aaron had a chance…even though the last couple years it's seemed like he's almost a rookie

then he blames the nfc championship fuckup to the team being so young. NOT the fact that he made one of his patented bone head moves with the game on the line

We were very, very young; take me out of the mix and we were by far the youngest team in the league. But I could see the talent pool across the board was outstanding. Now our season kind of ended up being a reflection of that

JUST SHUT UP BRET. let packer fans remember what you've done and who you were, not as the jealous, backstabbing bitter old "i'm the greatest" fuck you've become

Deputy Nutz
10-04-2011, 07:58 PM
you are ridiculous.

Joemailman
10-04-2011, 08:03 PM
what a dick, he needs to realize that he's dumb as shit and needs to just close his fucking mouth. everytime he opens it he just ends up looking more stupid

he said in his own kind way that rodgers plsyed like shit the last two years and he was the reason they didn't win a super bowl sooner

then he blames the nfc championship fuckup to the team being so young. NOT the fact that he made one of his patented bone head moves with the game on the line

JUST SHUT UP BRET. let packer fans remember what you've done and who you were, not as the jealous, backstabbing bitter old "i'm the greatest" fuck you've become

Well, as I said earlier in this thread, Brett strikes me as being less bitter than a lot of his critics.

RashanGary
10-04-2011, 08:20 PM
I used to be angry at him because of how he treated people on his way out, just the disrespect for other peoples jobs and lives.

People like Favre, I don't think it's worth the energy to have ill will toward them, but I do think it's smart to keep your distance. There are often times understandable reasons for a person to be selfish and destructive to others. Mostly it's insecurity. Favre seems like a very insecure person. It seems like he can't accept that the Packers are doing better without him. That's just a tough place to be, but at the same time, he's a guy you want to stay away from. As a husband, he'll cheat on you. As a teammate, he'll have his own lockerroom and won't show up for team work. When he leaves the team, he'll call a competitor and try to help them get an edge on his old teammates.

He just has no care for anyone but himself. Again, it's not a reason to hate. It's just sad and a reason to stay away.

pbmax
10-04-2011, 08:22 PM
Well Hank Williams compared the President to Adolph Hitler yesterday on Fox and Friends.

Favre could say that Rodger's is so damn good he shits gum drops and Packer fan is going to burn his ass. So it really doesn't matter.

Actually, if he said something that wasn't self-serving spin wrapped as plain speakin' praise, I would be too stunned to complain.

Harlan posted something Brett about not having the gift of gab. I know what he means, but that doesn't color the whole picture. Brett could work as a diplomat in the Foreign Service with no additional training with his ability to say both something and nothing, praise and condemnation, self-criticism and self-forgiveness in a single statement.

He has truly mastered the art. I think Joe has fallen for the "this is just how he expresses himself" trope, that Brett is too unskilled at PR to skillfully navigate uncomfotable topics. That he is just being too brutally honest for general consumption. But he has done it too often for his own benefit for this to be anything other than a complaint. He is more skilled at this now than Holmgren was.

vince
10-04-2011, 08:36 PM
The words of a true megalomaniac...

And I’d like to think that he watched, he learned, ... he got a chance to watch and see successful teams do it right. And so he just kind of fell into a good situation. ... I don’t think anyone would question now the talent around him is even better than when I was there. So I’m really kind of surprised it took him so long.
If this isn't a backhanded compliment I've never seen one.

Yeah, Rodgers fell into a good thing. Thanks for showing him how the successful teams do it. He'd have never done it without you Brett. Maybe someday he'll perform up to your standards.

Aaron Rodgers All-Time Rank
Passer Rating 1
Interception % 1
Adj. YPA 1
TD % (post 1976) 1
Passing Yds/Game 3
Completion % 4
Completions/Game 6

This season he’s on pace for:
5300 yards Projected All-Time Record
56 Total TDs Projected All-Time Record
73% completions Projected All-Time Record
48 Passing TDs Projected 3rd All-Time
9.4 YPA Projected 8th All-time

Guiness
10-04-2011, 08:46 PM

Yeah, Rodgers fell into a good thing. Thanks for showing him how the successful teams do it. He'd have never done it without you Brett. Maybe someday he'll perform up to your standards.

Aaron Rodgers All-Time Rank
Passer Rating 1
Interception % 1
Adj. YPA 1
TD % (post 1976) 1
Passing Yds/Game 3
Completion % 4
Completions/Game 6

This season he’s on pace for:
5300 yards Projected All-Time Record
56 Total TDs Projected All-Time Record
73% completions Projected All-Time Record
48 Passing TDs Projected 3rd All-Time
9.4 YPA Projected 8th All-time

:wow:

Extrapolation like this is silly after 1 or 2 games. But 4, it starts too look less silly.

Guiness
10-04-2011, 08:51 PM
What comes out of F****'s mouth now when he talks about the Packers is spite, the rancor of a jilted ex. Rodgers bears the brunt of that because he took BF's place in the bed. We didn't see this before because he hadn't yet found himself in that position of being on the outside looking in. I guess you could say that side of him had not yet been revealed when he was the starting QB for the Packers. Some may claim to have seen it there under the surface, but I am not nearly so confident in my abilities to read human beings through the media.

I think this is kind of where I fall. Those selfish characteristics were always there, but while he was the darling they weren't so pronounced, and when they did show up, we glossed them over. When he felt slighted and ignored, he acted out - like a child. That same inner child, I guess, that we admired when he showed it on the field playing for us.

easy cheesy
10-04-2011, 08:57 PM
http://packersnews.greenbaypressgazette.com/article/20111003/PKR04/111003091/Favre-debuts-college-football-TV-analyst-watch-clip

I don't see favre cutting it as a TV analyst. No gift of gab.

Apparently no "gift" at all.... unless "4" makes the earth move... if you're gettin' my drift.... maybe he could pair up with Joe Buck... Troy wouldn't notice the added commotion in the booth.. he appears to be a lobotmized jackwad every week... sooooo.... Joe Buck could be exploring those Wranglers STAT!

Joemailman
10-04-2011, 09:00 PM

And I’d like to think that he watched, he learned, ... he got a chance to watch and see successful teams do it right. And so he just kind of fell into a good situation. ... I don’t think anyone would question now the talent around him is even better than when I was there. So I’m really kind of surprised it took him so long.

It sounds like less of a backhanded compliment if you don't delete out the words that are complimentary to Rodgers.

"And I’d like to think that he watched, he learned, and then when he got a chance to play, he brought in his ability which is obviously very good or they wouldn’t have drafted him in the first round. He's got tremendous talent, he's very bright and he got a chance to watch and see successful teams do it right. And so he just kind of fell into a good situation. On top of that, he’s a good player.

Guiness
10-04-2011, 09:06 PM
I don’t think anyone would question now the talent around him is even better than when I was there.

Tough to put that line in context, but when is he talking about? Does he mean Rodgers had a more talented team for his SB than in '96? Reggie White, LeRoy Butler and Freeman might not be so happy about a comment like that. Or is he talking about some other fantasy year?

digitaldean
10-04-2011, 09:08 PM
Brett comes across as a bitter old fart. No matter how you slice or parse it, BF just alienated a few more Packer fans. Think he should stay out of the booth, away from any microphone and sit on his lawn tractor in MS. He should quietly wait for Murphy to call and let him know when the Packers are retiring his number.

mission
10-04-2011, 09:16 PM
He could have simply said "I'm not surprised. That kid has a ton of talent. I could tell back in '07 that the team Ted Thompson was putting together was going to be special, and Aaron is a special quarterback. I'm not surprised at all." That would have gone much farther towards rebuilding burned bridges than saying he fell into a good situation, had 3 years to sit and learn from the master, and should have won one sooner than he did.

Exactly. Good post.

And he didn't say that. You can spin it all you want but I was listening to this live when it came on and I couldn't believe it. How hard is it for him to say: "damn, that kid is really good. he's amazing, im just glad if I'm going to get chased out of town, it's for someone like that (hillbilly chuckle)". Instead Aaron got to see how successful teams did it -- because he was around in 1996. :roll:

Joemailman
10-04-2011, 09:24 PM
"And I’d like to think that he watched, he learned, and then when he got a chance to play, he brought in his ability which is obviously very good or they wouldn’t have drafted him in the first round. He's got tremendous talent, he's very bright and he got a chance to watch and see successful teams do it right. And so he just kind of fell into a good situation. On top of that, he’s a good player.

I'm really surprised people are so upset with this quote. Favre is hardly the first person to suggest that Rodgers benefited from sitting and watching Favre for 3 years instead of being thrown to the wolves as Alex Smith was in San Francisco.

easy cheesy
10-04-2011, 09:32 PM
I... AM... SICK.... OF... BRETT... FAVRE.... CAN... IT... JUST....BE.... OVER... ALREADY?.... "DOT... DOT... DOT..." PLEASE ADVISE QUICKLY AS BOAT HAS SPRUNG LEAK... ***GLUG... GLUG... GLUG...***

mraynrand
10-04-2011, 09:41 PM
I... AM... SICK.... OF... BRETT... FAVRE.... CAN... IT... JUST....BE.... OVER... ALREADY?.... "DOT... DOT... DOT..." PLEASE ADVISE QUICKLY AS BOAT HAS SPRUNG LEAK... ***GLUG... GLUG... GLUG...***

Agree. just absolutely sick of it

Joemailman
10-04-2011, 09:49 PM
DON'T...HAVE...TO...READ...THE...THREAD...IF...YOU 'RE...SICK...OF...IT...THERE...ARE...HUNDREDS...OF ...OTHER...THREADS...TO...READ...

mission
10-04-2011, 09:51 PM
I'm really surprised people are so upset with this quote. Favre is hardly the first person to suggest that Rodgers benefited from sitting and watching Favre for 3 years instead of being thrown to the wolves as Alex Smith was in San Francisco.

It's fine for other people to suggest it but when you're asked one question -- and one question only -- about Aaron Rodgers, and you happen to suggest that yourself... well, come on, that's really not necessary. Wasn't the question like "how did you feel watching AR and the Pack when the Super Bowl last year?". What's that gotta do with that?

easy cheesy
10-04-2011, 09:55 PM
DON'T...HAVE...TO...READ...THE...THREAD...IF...YOU 'RE...SICK...OF...IT...THERE...ARE...HUNDREDS...OF ...OTHER...THREADS...TO...READ...

THANK YOU FOR SHOWING ME THE LIGHT.... I CAN'T IMAGINE WHAT I WOULD'VE DONE WITHOUT YOUR ASSISTANCE.... I'M GOING TO THE SHITTER AS WE SPEAK... GOD BLESS....

mraynrand
10-04-2011, 10:03 PM

not the thread - just kinda sick of Favre

easy cheesy
10-04-2011, 10:04 PM
Posted Yankee smack talk in here whilst buzzed- wrong thread- duly removed with apologies all around!

easy cheesy
10-04-2011, 10:05 PM
see above.... *** sigh ***

Pugger
10-04-2011, 11:22 PM

I don't think he became a bastard towards the Packers until TT had the audacity to draft his replacement - Rodgers - while he was still our starter. I submit Favre felt threatened by Rodgers as soon as everyone saw Aaron on the practice field. I also believe Favre "retired" after the 2007 season because he feared he might lose his starters job and sure as hell didn't want to be Rodgers back-up! There can be no other explanation why a QB who still was playing at a high level would want to leave a team that just weeks ago was OT away from the Super Bowl, a team he admits was one of the most talented one he'd ever played on in GB. I for one don't give a damn what he says about our team today or our fabulous QB. He can go to blazes.

HarveyWallbangers
10-04-2011, 11:32 PM
Probably writes what a lot are feeling about the interview.

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/131072208.html

Gunslinger is more mudslinger in his remarks about Packers' Rodgers

What you want from the former star, when he talks about the current star of your team, is generosity, grace, clarity and genuine admiration.

What you get from Brett Favre, when he talked about Aaron Rodgers during a radio on Tuesday, is a dash of generosity, a dearth of grace, an absence of clarity and an admiration couched in backhanded compliments.

Talk about a passive-aggressive expression of praise for your successor.

In the interview the former Packers quarterback did with a radio station in Atlanta, WQXI-AM (790), Favre was asked what his thoughts were as he watched Rodgers and the Packers during their championship run last season.

"I’m going to be honest, I was not surprised," Favre said. "The biggest surprise to me would be that he didn’t do it sooner."

Sooner? Sooner than what? Sooner than Rodgers’ third season as a starter?

Favre said the last season in Green Bay (2007) proved what he had said at the beginning of that run – it was the most talented team he had ever played on.

"I could see the talent pool across the board was outstanding," Favre said. "Now our season kind of ended up being a reflection of that. We came close, and I think we took a lot of people by surprise, but guys emerged rather quickly."

So Rodgers takes over in 2008 and the team Favre called the most talented he ever played on went 6-10.

Is that the implication?

Let’s go on.

"Aaron had a chance . . . even though the last couple years it’s seemed like he’s almost a rookie, he’s been around awhile," Favre said. "And I’d like to think that he watched, he learned, and then when he got a chance to play, he brought in his ability which is obviously very good or they wouldn’t have drafted him in the first round. He’s got tremendous talent, he’s very bright and he got a chance to watch and see successful teams do it right. And so he just kind of fell into a good situation. On top of that, he’s a good player. I don’t think anyone would question now the talent around him is even better than when I was there. So I’m really kind of surprised it took him so long. Really, the early part of last year season, it hadn’t quite clicked yet and I didn’t know if it would. I just kind of figured when they hit their stride, they’re going to be hard to beat. And that’s what happened."

Been around awhile. Fell into a good situation. Really kind of surprised. Hadn’t quite clicked.

Now if you consider that genuine praise of your successor and his abilities, then you think Lady Gaga needs to make more flamboyant clothing choices for her concerts.

And, oh yes.

Favre just got done saying the 2007 team was the most talented he ever played on. But now the 2010 or ’11 Rodgers’ teams have more talent than when he was there? Which is it?

Bart Starr was unflagging and unambiguous in his praise of Favre when No. 4 was behind center in Green Bay.

Favre apparently has not yet located the same kind of generosity when talking about Rodgers.

The Shadow
10-04-2011, 11:49 PM
The really hilarious part of this is that Favre undoubtedly assumed that all Green Bay would pine for decades over his absence, something like the Starr to Favre wait.
What he finds instead? His successor turns out to be an upgrade.
That tractor seat has got to be smolderingly hot.

Harlan Huckleby
10-04-2011, 11:53 PM
Jeez. Favre was trying to deliver a compliment to Rodgers, he thought he was being generous by saying Rodgers had the talent to succeed quickly. You have to be digging for trouble to spin it as "what took him so long!?"

channtheman
10-05-2011, 12:58 AM
Jeez. Favre was trying to deliver a compliment to Rodgers, he thought he was being generous by saying Rodgers had the talent to succeed quickly. You have to be digging for trouble to spin it as "what took him so long!?"

If he was trying to give a compliment to Rodgers, I think he failed.

easy cheesy
10-05-2011, 01:52 AM
The really hilarious part of this is that Favre undoubtedly assumed that all Green Bay would pine for decades over his absence, something like the Starr to Favre wait.
What he finds instead? His successor turns out to be an upgrade.
That tractor seat has got to be smolderingly hot.

If he was trying to give a compliment to Rodgers, I think he failed.

Agreed Chann...I don't believe that Favre would EVER try to deliver a genuine compliment to Rodgers. In my opinion, he is bitter, narcissistic, self aggrandizing and obviously jealous and full of contempt.

The tractor seat is smokin' hot and his diaper is most assuredly smoldering, festering and fatally fuming... fuck him....

vince
10-05-2011, 03:57 AM
It sounds like less of a backhanded compliment if you don't delete out the words that are complimentary to Rodgers. He damn well should compliment the most efficient quarterback in history and the Super Bowl MVP after he's done what he's done thus far. It's the backhanded compliments that stick out. That's what he said. I'm not interpreting what I think he meant to say. None of the words quoted were taken out of context one iota. If he really just wanted to compliment Rodgers he wouldn't have insulted him at the same time.

Favre's getting beat up over this as he should. He fucked up and he's going to have to come back and claim it was all a big misunderstanding.

RashanGary
10-05-2011, 07:49 AM

The, "he played like a rookie when he'd been in the league a long time" thing was the most obvious. Take that out and there's a decent case that he's just giving a compliment. With that in, it sort of sets the tone for the rest of it. It was as much excuses for why he didn't win as it was reasons why Aaron did. There was a contrast to their situations that seemed to echo through his interview and in it, it sounded like Aaron should have won it with that team sooner but he played like a rookie and Brett's team was the youngest so they weren't ready.

It's partly true, it just shows where he's at, trying to show people it wasn't him, it was the team around him. Aaron winning doesn't prove Aaron is better, just that he had a better team. That's subjective, but for him to take his time on air to make this contrast, it just shows where his head is at. He doesn't seem secure.

Whether it's true or not, it's just a weird thing to talk about, like he's thought about it several times and he needs to keep reassuring himself and others of it.

Deputy Nutz
10-05-2011, 07:56 AM
I think we can all agree that Packer Nation is the biggest group of Homers in the United State. Aaron Rodgers is the new Prince in town and he will be defended and pardoned until he proves unworthy on the field and then he can just go away. Favre gave a compliment to him several times over in this interview, and Packer Nation takes it as mudslinging. Maybe Rodgers can come back to the Packers after he done playing and try to coach and run the Packers as well just so he stays in the heart and minds of all the lovely Packer fans.

sheepshead
10-05-2011, 07:57 AM
I think it was a compliment too. Its as gushy as Favre gets. The take on PFT sucked.

hoosier
10-05-2011, 08:13 AM
Posted Yankee smack talk in here whilst buzzed- wrong thread- duly removed with apologies all around!

There is no right thread for that. :-)

Guiness
10-05-2011, 08:51 AM
I think it was a compliment too. Its as gushy as Favre gets. The take on PFT sucked.

I guess I just don't see it that way. I think reading it as backhanded compliments and passive aggressive behaviour is accurate. As I'm reading it, every time I see something that looks like a compliment, I can almost hear the 'but...' being inserted. One of the things I think he was trying to get across was that it wasn't really Rodger's second season.

I think when he made the comment 'it seemed like he was almost a rookie' he followed it up with 'he's been around a while'. I see that differently than others - he wasn't trying to say Rodgers' made rookie mistakes, he was trying to say 'of course he didn't, it's his fifth year in the league'. He wanted to make sure everyone remembered that Rodgers' didn't win it all his second year.

I don't think I'm reading too much into his statements. There was not a single straight out compliment - I don't think he's capable of giving one.

red
10-05-2011, 09:08 AM
i love the first comment on the PFT story

Maybe it took Rodgers longer because you wouldn’t leave.

sheepshead
10-05-2011, 09:20 AM
I think many are looking for Brett to fit in with the 'elder statesmen' of football. Your Bart Starrs, your Roger Staubachs. That just isnt Brett and I dont think we'll ever see that from him. He's a &@#$ up lately, dont get me wrong, but I think he's getting a little too much heat here. Reminds me of Florios take of Rodgers and the cancer patient video.

vince
10-05-2011, 09:39 AM
He's never going to be like Starr. That's not him, but I'd have liked to see him show a modicum of class and personal security in his own accomplishments. He doesn't have it. Here's Matt Bowen on Favre's comments.

Ex-players are bitter (almost jealous) when their replacements have real success. Some guys just can't handle it.

Old School
10-05-2011, 10:01 AM
Stephen A Smith ripped Favre a new one this morning. I couldn't believe how long he went on calling him out. He called him the most selfish player in the last 5 years. He also read qualifiers into what on the surface was supposed to be perceived as a compliment.

The fact that Skip Bayless took Favre's side gave credence to what Smith said.

Personally, I think Rodgers will go down as a better QB than Favre simply because he prepares and plays a more disciplined game. Farve did whine about practice and prep again. He as much as said he was above that. Rodgers will go down as a man with more class too.

Farve said he misses being in the locker room with the guys. Then why did he have to have his own room? To my way of thinking, he's a dieingenuous @#$%^. If he never comes back to Green Bay, it'll be fine with me.

Pugger
10-05-2011, 10:05 AM
I think we can all agree that Packer Nation is the biggest group of Homers in the United State. Aaron Rodgers is the new Prince in town and he will be defended and pardoned until he proves unworthy on the field and then he can just go away. Favre gave a compliment to him several times over in this interview, and Packer Nation takes it as mudslinging. Maybe Rodgers can come back to the Packers after he done playing and try to coach and run the Packers as well just so he stays in the heart and minds of all the lovely Packer fans.

Why do you care if Packer fans are homers? If some think Favre is a douche why do you or anyone else give a damn? It is just an opinion and I thought message boards were for folks to express their opinions? Me? I don't give a rat's ass about Favre in the least. I have no regard for him at all and enjoy all the bashing he's getting here and on other forums.

ND72
10-05-2011, 10:07 AM
Stephen A Smith ripped Favre a new one this morning. I couldn't believe how long he went on calling him out. He called him the most selfish player in the last 5 years. He also read qualifiers into what on the surface was supposed to be perceived as a compliment.

The fact that Skip Bayless took Favre's side gave credence to what Smith said.

Personally, I think Rodgers will go down as a better QB than Favre simply because he prepares and plays a more disciplined game. Farve did whine about practice and prep again. He as much as said he was above that. Rodgers will go down as a man with more class too.

Farve said he misses being in the locker room with the guys. Then why did he have to have his own room? To my way of thinking, he's a dieingenuous @#$%^. If he never comes back to Green Bay, it'll be fine with me.

I don't disagree with you...but football seriously changed from 1992 to 2002. film study and preparation changed even at the high school level let alone the professional level. Rodgers will always come across as more prepared, mostly because for the first 8 years of Favre's career, he never prepared, and everyone around him including himself would say that. Favre is Favre I guess. I loved him when I was in high school in the 90's, and part of me will always love him. But as I've said before, I will never forget the day my college roommate told me to "just wait...Brett Favre will rip the heart out of everyone who loves green bay. he's self, and he'll show himself to be just that one day."...that was 9 years before they traded him.

Pugger
10-05-2011, 10:16 AM
I don't disagree with you...but football seriously changed from 1992 to 2002. film study and preparation changed even at the high school level let alone the professional level. Rodgers will always come across as more prepared, mostly because for the first 8 years of Favre's career, he never prepared, and everyone around him including himself would say that. Favre is Favre I guess. I loved him when I was in high school in the 90's, and part of me will always love him. But as I've said before, I will never forget the day my college roommate told me to "just wait...Brett Favre will rip the heart out of everyone who loves green bay. he's self, and he'll show himself to be just that one day."...that was 9 years before they traded him.

You were in high school in the 90s?? Egad, you're making me feel old! I was in high school (in GB) in the early 70s!! :lol:

ND72
10-05-2011, 10:16 AM
I used to be angry at him because of how he treated people on his way out, just the disrespect for other peoples jobs and lives.

People like Favre, I don't think it's worth the energy to have ill will toward them, but I do think it's smart to keep your distance. There are often times understandable reasons for a person to be selfish and destructive to others. Mostly it's insecurity. Favre seems like a very insecure person. It seems like he can't accept that the Packers are doing better without him. That's just a tough place to be, but at the same time, he's a guy you want to stay away from. As a husband, he'll cheat on you. As a teammate, he'll have his own lockerroom and won't show up for team work. When he leaves the team, he'll call a competitor and try to help them get an edge on his old teammates.

He just has no care for anyone but himself. Again, it's not a reason to hate. It's just sad and a reason to stay away.

Brett is an insecure person, totally agree. When the entire state of Wisconsin, Media, and millions of other people around the country crank you off as the next coming of Jesus Christ for so many years, you're going to have a different ego than others. the "good country boy" that so many played off for him was great for him, it took away many of his flaws. if any of you lived or grew up in the fox valley area in the 90's, most probably heard about Favre's antics with women and his drinking...but we all just kind of ignored it cause our team was playing better than it had in years. I mean my grandma still defends the man for cheating on his wife....but if I ever cheated on my wife, my grandmother would skin me alive. It was just simply a different mind set with him, and after a while people start to believe their own headlines. I mean did Brett Favre really think Brett Favre would ever be traded from Green Bay? I think it hurts him a little more than Rodgers made people forget about him so quickly, and I think he is a bit hurt even more that this team was able to win without him, especially a super bowl.

HarveyWallbangers
10-05-2011, 10:33 AM
If/when Rodgers wins a second Super Bowl title, and he's asked how it feels to win a second title, I'm hoping he says something like: "It feels great. I'm just surprised it didn't happen sooner." He probably will. He definitely the type that uses any slight to fuel his drive.

ND72
10-05-2011, 10:36 AM
If/when Rodgers wins a second Super Bowl title, and he's asked how it feels to win a second title, I'm hoping he says something like: "It feels great. I'm just surprised it didn't happen sooner." He probably will. He definitely the type that uses any slight to fuel his drive.

Rodgers is likely to say that...he seems to do it all the time. Which reminds me to say thank you to Roddy White for saying ATL was the better team last playoffs, and to Brett Favre for not really saying anything horrible, but just enough to likely go on Mr. Rodgers refridgerator to inspire him...he likes that stuff.

RashanGary
10-05-2011, 11:23 AM
If/when Rodgers wins a second Super Bowl title.

This didn't cross my mind, but looking at the Packers this year. . . . . This might be the major Favre burn. Favre was a one pump chump of a champ. The guy who replaced him looks like he might be the leader of a dynasty. Perception is that dumping Favre helped lead us to greatness. That eats at Favres craw. And the guy who sent him packing. . . He's getting all the credit for dumping Favre. Favre lived a charmed life in GB and now he's a national goat. He's seen as one of the most pathetic sports figures of all time by many national media outlets.

Nutz calls him a demon made up by Packer fans. Look around. Packer fans might be the nice ones. The national media can't stand him.

Packer fans here are calling him a bitter old coot. National guys are calling him a pathetic, selfish diva.

RashanGary
10-05-2011, 12:11 PM
Favre is long winded. There are a lot of “uh’s, ah’s, you knows and I’m like’s.” It can get confusing. Each part of his interview, I just took the content. Let me know if you don’t think a part of it is accurate.

“Brett, talk a little bit as far as what was going through your mind when you saw Aaron Rodgers and the Packers go on their Super Bowl run last season.

“I’m going to be quite honest, I was not surprised. The biggest surprise to me would be that he didn’t do it sooner. “
I wasn’t surprised he won. I was surprised he didn’t do it sooner.

Because it’s funny how people forget over time, my last year in Green Bay prior to the first game, really at the start of training camp, I made the remark that this was probably the most talented team I’ve ever played on. And of course everyone kinda looked up and [was] like, ‘You know, this guy’s off his rocker.’ My last year in Green Bay I thought it was the most talented team I’ve played on. our season kind of ended up being a reflection of that. We came close, and I think we took a lot of people by surprise, but we were — you know, guys emerged rather quickly. “

My last year in Green Bay I thought it was the most talented team I’ve played on. Outside of me, we were the youngest team in the league. When we lost, it was a reflection of that youth.

Aaron had a chance, you know, even though the last couple years it’s seemed like he’s almost a rookie, he’s been around for a while. And I’d like to think that, you know, he watched, he learned, and then when he got a chance to play, he brought in his, you know, his ability which obviously is very good or they wouldn’t have drafted him in the first round. “
Aaron took over that team. I’d like to think he watched, learned and then when he got his chance he would show is ability. He ended up playing like a rookie those first two years. Obviously they believed in him or they wouldn’t have drafted him.

He’s got tremendous talent, he’s very bright, and he got a chance to sit and watch and he saw a successful team do it right. And so he just kind of fell into a good situation. On top of that, he’s a good player. I don’t think anyone would question now the talent around him is even better than when I was there. So I’m really surprised that it just kind of took him so long.
He has tremendous talent. He’s very bright. He fell into a good situation. He’s a good player. The talent around him is better than the talent when I was there. I’m surprised it took so long.

And really, the early part of last year season, again it’s surprising to me ’cause I’m like, you know, it just hadn’t quite — it hadn’t clicked yet and I didn’t know if it would. Last year, I just figured when they hit their stride, they’re going to be hard to beat. And that’s what happened.”
Last season I knew they were great. If it started to click I knew they’d be hard to beat and that’s what happened.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Host: “Brett, talk a little bit as far as what was going through your mind when you saw Aaron Rodgers and the Packers go on their Super Bowl run last season.”

Favre Paraphrased: I wasn’t surprised he won. I was surprised he didn’t do it sooner. My last year in Green Bay I thought it was the most talented team I’ve played on. When we lost, it was a reflection of the youth. Aaron took over that team, but with experience. I’d like to think he watched, learned and then when he got his chance he would show is ability. He ended up playing like a rookie those first two years. Obviously they believed in him or they wouldn’t have drafted him. He has tremendous talent. He’s very bright. He fell into a good situation. He’s a good player. The talent around him is better than the talent when I was there. I’m surprised it took him so long. Last season I knew they were great. If it started to click I knew they’d be hard to beat and that’s what happened.

RashanGary
10-05-2011, 12:30 PM
And if you really want the nuts and bolts, this is it.

"The team I had in 2007 was too young. I would have won a SB with the teams he had sooner. He played like a rookie, that's why they didn't. But yeah, he's playing great and won a SB with a loaded team. I'm not surprised."

In Favre's defense, it's a shitty question. How is he supposed to feel? He left a team on rocky terms. He was hurt. He wanted to prove them wrong. And now a question about how it felt after they beat him twice, injured his ankle and won the SB without him. They even went so far as to specifically mention AR winning it. It was kind of loaded, set a defensive tone. Still, his true colors shine through.

mraynrand
10-05-2011, 12:32 PM
I'm not surprised you wrote that. I'm just surprised it took you so long.

Cheesehead Craig
10-05-2011, 01:29 PM
I'm not surprised you wrote that. I'm just surprised it took you so long.

LMAO!!!

Upnorth
10-05-2011, 01:38 PM
Favre sure does bring out emotion with the way he left. Many fell betrayed still. Easy to read a lot into his words when emotion is involved, but I still wish he would ahve just said "good for them".

Above some one mentioned Favre as a one pump chump. Well he played in two SB's and the second one was close.
I think Rodgers will get us to another one, and in a way it looks like this year, but lets not get to far ahead of the game. If you are calling Favre a one pump chump and Rodgers never wins another, then you have to call him a one pump chump as well.
Farve is the second or third best QB in packer history (depending on where you put Arnie Herber). I think Rodgers will over take him and bump him down one slot, but until he does when you dump on Favre as sucking for only winning One SB just remember he made it to two, Rodgers is still at one.

As an aside I feel dirty defending Favre. I never did, and never have thought of him as the greatest of all time, and really hated teh way he played for the queens.

Old School
10-05-2011, 03:19 PM
Favre said Rodgers watched and saw a successful team do it roght.

What Rodgers saw was what happens when the so called team leader is above playing within the system. He saw how lack of self discipline and preperation were the difference between winning and losing. He saw how if you want to be accepted as the leader, you needed to allow the 53rd man on the roster to be part of the team. He saw that if you expected a certain level of performance from the rest of the team, you need to lead by example.

The last thing he learned was that when 4 receivers are open, you don't throw it to the 5th guy who is double covered.

Aaron learned well.

Fritz
10-05-2011, 03:43 PM
If Favre responds to all the furor, look for him to confess to being mystified and hurt at all the criticism. After all, he was only complimenting Aaron Rodgers! He'll say he can't believe how vengeful and spiteful some people can be - all he ever wanted to do was play and have fun and do his best, etc. He's hurt by it all and wishes people would understand he was just complimenting his successor.

If Dom Capers were running Brent's defense, it'd be called the "Mississippi Country Boy" defense.

mraynrand
10-05-2011, 04:07 PM
We need another tender, touching Ode to Brett:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vWbNgIc2TVM

vince
10-05-2011, 04:16 PM
I'd say we've all seen more than enough pics of the touching of Brett's tender ode.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/10/05/clay-matthews-favres-snub-will-motivate-rodgers/

Clay Matthews: Favre’s snub will motivate Rodgers

Posted by Michael David Smith on October 5, 2011, 5:11 PM EDT

Brett Favre’s comment that he was surprised that Aaron Rodgers didn’t win a Super Bowl in Green Bay sooner has not gone unnoticed in the Packers’ locker room.

Packers linebacker Clay Matthews said today on Jim Rome Is Burning that he doesn’t want to make a big deal of Favre’s comment, but he does think it’s just the kind of thing that motivates Rodgers.

“I’m not going to get involved with that, but I know 12,” Matthews said, referencing Rodgers’ jersey number. “He hears those comments. It definitely fuels the fire. He’s playing outstanding ball but it’s only going to continue to exacerbate the situation and continue to step his game up, so I’m just looking forward to having him on my team and to see what he is able to do.”

Rome then asked if Matthews had a problem with what Favre said.

“I’m sure Aaron has a bigger problem,” Matthews said. “Backhanded comments like that, I’m sure it hits a core with Aaron. He’s a competitor. He takes everything that people say about him, the criticisms, and puts it on display on Sunday.”

Rodgers has always taken the high road publicly, but teammates have said Rodgers feels bitter about the way Favre treated him, particularly by jerking Rodgers around with retirements and un-retirements. Favre’s statement this week isn’t going to make that relationship any better.

red
10-05-2011, 04:20 PM
I'd say we've all seen more than enough pics of Brett touching of his tender ode.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/10/05/clay-matthews-favres-snub-will-motivate-rodgers/

lets hope it somehow motivates CM3 a little too

vince
10-05-2011, 04:34 PM
Here's the arrogant one's response.
http://packersnews.greenbaypressgazette.com/article/20111005/PKR01/111005098/Rodgers-responds-sort-Favre-comments?odyssey=mod|newswell|text|PKR-News

During his weekly press conference in front of his locker today, Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers chose to avoid addressing directly the comments made by Brett Favre Tuesday.

Favre said yesterday that he was surprised it took Rodgers and the Packers so long to win a Super Bowl. Rodgers, who replaced Favre as the starter in 2008, led the Packers to a championship in his third year as a starter.

When asked what he made of Favre’s comments, Rodgers replied: ”You know what, I’m just, the only thing I want to say is I’m just really proud of our guys and what our team did last season. It was a great accomplishment. It took all 53 of those guys and obviously it got the attention of a lot of people and we’re proud of the fact that we achieved the ultimate goal as a team.”

When asked if he found Favre to be disrespectful at all to him, Rodgers replied: ”You know what, again I’m just going to say I was really proud of our team. It takes 53 guys to win a championship. We had the right recipe last year and we’re trying to do that same thing this season.”

Deputy Nutz
10-05-2011, 04:44 PM
Brett Favre still the most polarizing figure in Packer football.

sheepshead
10-05-2011, 04:47 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u8HAzI63X8Q

red
10-05-2011, 04:48 PM
http://packersnews.greenbaypressgazette.com/article/20111005/PKR01/111005098/Rodgers-responds-sort-Favre-comments?odyssey=mod|newswell|text|PKR-News

what an asshole

Scott Campbell
10-05-2011, 05:09 PM
It's partly true, it just shows where he's at, trying to show people it wasn't him, it was the team around him. Aaron winning doesn't prove Aaron is better, just that he had a better team. That's subjective, but for him to take his time on air to make this contrast, it just shows where his head is at. He doesn't seem secure.

Exactly. Favre is an insecure diva.

Bossman641
10-05-2011, 05:19 PM
Favre said Rodgers watched and saw a successful team do it roght.

What Rodgers saw was what happens when the so called team leader is above playing within the system. He saw how lack of self discipline and preperation were the difference between winning and losing. He saw how if you want to be accepted as the leader, you needed to allow the 53rd man on the roster to be part of the team. He saw that if you expected a certain level of performance from the rest of the team, you need to lead by example.

The last thing he learned was that when 4 receivers are open, you don't throw it to the 5th guy who is double covered.

Aaron learned well.

Right on!!

red
10-05-2011, 06:34 PM
i'd like to add that even though bert seems to think it took arod 3 years to win with the same team he ended with, he's dead wrong

a-rods first starting season was the rookie year for jordy. fin, and sitton

2009 brought raji, CM3, lang, wynn, brad jones

2010 brought bulaga, neal, burnett, quarless, newhouse, starks, cj wilson, sam shields ans zombo

man, that a lot of talent that somehow figured out how to win WITHOUT bent fart

so in short, not at all the same teams favre left and a-ron won a super bowl with. those young guys had to have some growing pains

mission
10-05-2011, 07:13 PM

That was as good of a response as he could have had. Classy and smarter than Brett.

He got one tiny dig in there... so tiny... he said it took all 53 of those guys and they had the right recipe. You could have just about all the right ingredients but if you're missing just one thing -- one out of 53 -- the whole dish could taste off. So yes, the team is talented... you're right Brett ... but we had to make a little change in one of the ingredients to accomplish the ultimate goal. That ingredient is me, Aaron Rodgers. Bitch. :lol:

vince
10-05-2011, 07:17 PM
Agreed. And he will be for a long time to come I'd say. 16 years of never missing a game at QB, all the records, all the huge highs like his game in Oakland on Monday night and the Super Bowl, all the touchdowns for so long, along with all the interceptions for so long, the lows like his drinking, drug addiction, womanizing, crushing losses at his hands in the playoffs.

Favre's such an idelible part of Packer history. The sad part is, Favre acts and talks like he thinks the Packers are an indelible part of Favre history.

Brandon494
10-05-2011, 07:19 PM

How does Favre's dick taste?

Brandon494
10-05-2011, 07:20 PM

Vince Lombardi anyone?

Guiness
10-05-2011, 07:40 PM
Vince Lombardi anyone?

:huh:How is Lombardi polarizing?:cnf:

Joemailman
10-05-2011, 07:44 PM
:huh:How is Lombardi polarizing?:cnf:

He retired from the Packers and then went and coached another team. :razz:

Freak Out
10-05-2011, 07:54 PM
Favre really needs a good shrink.....the guy is dealing with some serious issues. His time has come and gone but it's hard to let go.....

Guiness
10-05-2011, 07:55 PM
i'd like to add that even though bert seems to think it took arod 3 years to win with the same team he ended with, he's dead wrong

2010 brought bulaga, neal, burnett, quarless, newhouse, starks, cj wilson, sam shields ans zombo

so in short, not at all the same teams favre left and a-ron won a super bowl with. those young guys had to have some growing pains

The 2010 team is quite different from the '07 team, I don't think it occured to me just how much so. I should have realized it, the way TT's draft picks all seem to make the roster every year.

My count shows 29 players remain from the 07 team, and that count includes Justin Harrell and M. Montgomery.

Joemailman
10-05-2011, 08:14 PM
Favre really needs a good shrink.....the guy is dealing with some serious issues. His time has come and gone but it's hard to let go.....

He needs to get a job. Problem is, I'm not sure if Deanna will let him out of the house for very long.

Bretsky
10-05-2011, 08:56 PM
I'm coming clean; I was one of the last guys here to fight for Favre and I'm still around to admit that. I made comments and defended Favre against TT, MM, the Packers Brass...and even Jenn Sterger (sorry...still think she flirted with the idea of him too Ziggy)

But this....

Insted of giving AROD credit for what he did accomplish he bittterly dwells on what he didn't accomplish (or he accomplished too late)
When we know Favre was a terrible teammate to AROD he implies AROD could have learned a lot from him....watching him
And by turning on AROD, he once again turns on anybody who is a Packer Fan

In reality, the win AROD let us to in the Super Bowl was more clutch and a better performance than any playoff game I recall Brett Favre giving up.
He clutched up. Had AROD been leading us in our SB loss against Denver, he makes that off balance throw to a wide fricking open Freeman on 3rd down to a wide open Freeman and instead of giving the ball back to Denver to drive down and beat us we win that game. AROD had been clutch; Favre was a guy who played forever, who ultimately choked most of the time when we needed him the most.

THis is a sad pathetic betrayal to the Green Bay Packer Squad and Nation.
I'll only say it once. Fuck You Favre

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4RqQwQAp0YE&feature=related

red
10-05-2011, 09:39 PM
bout time you came to your senses

Deputy Nutz
10-05-2011, 09:44 PM

I guess you should ask your mother.

gbgary
10-05-2011, 09:48 PM
I'm coming clean; I was one of the last guys here to fight for Favre and I'm still around to admit that. I made comments and defended Favre against TT, MM, the Packers Brass...and even Jenn Sterger (sorry...still think she flirted with the idea of him too Ziggy)

But this....

Insted of giving AROD credit for what he did accomplish he bittterly dwells on what he didn't accomplish (or he accomplished too late)
When we know Favre was a terrible teammate to AROD he implies AROD could have learned a lot from him....watching him
And by turning on AROD, he once again turns on anybody who is a Packer Fan

In reality, the win AROD let us to in the Super Bowl was more clutch and a better performance than any playoff game I recall Brett Favre giving up.
He clutched up. Had AROD been leading us in our SB loss against Denver, he makes that off balance throw to a wide fricking open Freeman on 3rd down to a wide open Freeman and instead of giving the ball back to Denver to drive down and beat us we win that game. AROD had been clutch; Favre was a guy who played forever, who ultimately choked most of the time when we needed him the most.

THis is a sad pathetic betrayal to the Green Bay Packer Squad and Nation.
I'll only say it once. Fuck You Favre

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4RqQwQAp0YE&feature=related

time for a name change...arodsky maybe?

Joemailman
10-05-2011, 09:48 PM
I think Favre's comments were less about Rodgers and more about himself. Favre doesn't go around dissing other players, but he does promote himself (In case you haven't noticed!) I think Favre was trying to convey the idea that he could have won a title with the players Arod had. It was stupid of him to do it, but that's what he's become. I wish he hadn't done it, but I don't hate him for it. Just not my nature, I guess.

Scott Campbell
10-06-2011, 01:17 AM

Probably not as chocolaty as Newton's.

Fritz
10-06-2011, 06:31 AM
Greg Jennings gets in a shot: "We didn’t go all the way with Brett, but we did with Aaron. I think that kind of speaks for itself.”

Brandon494
10-06-2011, 07:40 AM
Probably not as chocolaty as Newton's.

Or as big

pbmax
10-06-2011, 07:41 AM
Brett is an insecure person, totally agree. When the entire state of Wisconsin, Media, and millions of other people around the country crank you off as the next coming of Jesus Christ for so many years, you're going to have a different ego than others. the "good country boy" that so many played off for him was great for him, it took away many of his flaws. if any of you lived or grew up in the fox valley area in the 90's, most probably heard about Favre's antics with women and his drinking...but we all just kind of ignored it cause our team was playing better than it had in years. I mean my grandma still defends the man for cheating on his wife....but if I ever cheated on my wife, my grandmother would skin me alive. It was just simply a different mind set with him, and after a while people start to believe their own headlines. I mean did Brett Favre really think Brett Favre would ever be traded from Green Bay? I think it hurts him a little more than Rodgers made people forget about him so quickly, and I think he is a bit hurt even more that this team was able to win without him, especially a super bowl.

This is all gold. And I don't just mean the knocks on Brett, I mean the whole of Packerdom's complicity. Though I would add one item to the list of characteristics.

Brett wanted to be remembered another way. In 2000 or 2001, he gave Peter King an interview that claimed if the Packers ever felt he was done, he would retire rather than face being released or traded. Even at the time, this seemed like grandiose statement, one he would have trouble backing up.

When push came to shove, as Brandt has written, neither Favre nor Thompson were able to have a conversation that they needed to have. How to end it, peaceably. Each hoped the other would be cowed by the negative reaction to do what the other wanted. Instead it simply got ugly.

sheepshead
10-06-2011, 07:50 AM
Did Brett cheat on his wife or girlfriend? Was he married at that time? Just asking. I didnt hear the interview, just read it until this morning(my brother said I should hear his tone) I still dont think its that bad of a knock on Rodgers. If anything, its a knock on McCarthy. Who I was very critical of in those years also. I thought he got way out coached in Arizona for instance. Brett sort of ties it back to Rodgers at the end a bit. I'm still not convinced he was ripping Aaron a new one necessarily.

Kiwon
10-06-2011, 07:59 AM
I wish I had a dime for every time Favre mentioned "I, me, my" during an interview.

Deputy Nutz
10-06-2011, 07:59 AM
PB, you are absolutely right.

The Packers didn't want Favre, and Favre didn't want the Packers anymore and neither of them could make it work because even at this level people's feelings got hurt. Favre knew he could still play and he proved that in 2009 as a 40 year old Pro Bowl QB. It was a very bitter split with a lot of emotion and venom. The Packers and I believe Favre have both moved on. Brett Favre is still enemy number one for Packer Nation and he will get shredded regardless what he say about the Packers or Prince Aaron.

If Packer fan thinks Favre can't move on, then where is Packer fan with it all? Read the last few pages and you would think that Favre was trash bag QB for the Packers. Everyone involved in with Favregate needs to move on and let it go. The Packers won their Super Bowl, Rodgers is an amazing QB all is right with Packerland, but you all can't get over Brett Favre.

I would still rather hang out with Favre than Aaron Rodgers and his indy music loving ass.

Deputy Nutz
10-06-2011, 08:00 AM
I wish I had a dime for every time Favre mentioned "I, me, my" during an interview.

Don't you dare compare him to Obama, that is way past the line!

sheepshead
10-06-2011, 08:02 AM

The Packers didn't want Favre, and Favre didn't want the Packers anymore and neither of them could make it work because even at this level people's feelings got hurt. Favre knew he could still play and he proved that in 2009 as a 40 year old Pro Bowl QB. It was a very bitter split with a lot of emotion and venom. The Packers and I believe Favre have both moved on. Brett Favre is still enemy number one for Packer Nation and he will get shredded regardless what he say about the Packers or Prince Aaron.

If Packer fan thinks Favre can't move on, then where is Packer fan with it all? Read the last few pages and you would think that Favre was trash bag QB for the Packers. Everyone involved in with Favregate needs to move on and let it go. The Packers won their Super Bowl, Rodgers is an amazing QB all is right with Packerland, but you all can't get over Brett Favre.

I would still rather hang out with Favre than Aaron Rodgers and his indy music loving ass.

ARod's 'throwaways' would be better.

Deputy Nutz
10-06-2011, 08:03 AM
I think the Packers of 2011 are looking for some kind of motivation coming off the Super Bowl win last year. It is all great to win but sometimes a spark is missing, I wonder if the Packer players are looking for an edge, or a rally cry.

Besides how many guys in the locker room actually read the papers? Not many so I am sure a reporter picks and chooses the Favre quotes and throws them at the players looking for a quote.

pbmax
10-06-2011, 08:09 AM

That his claim has gone unchallenged surprised me too. When Brett said this, everyone thought he was nuts. Though McGinn did call this year.

No one knew who Ryan Grant was when Favre made his "most talented team" comment. In fact, while I am not sure of the dates, Grant was such a late preseason addition, Brett was likely complimenting Brandon Jackson as his starting RB. And this team had Junius Coston, Tony Moll and Aaron Rouse get starts.

pbmax
10-06-2011, 08:13 AM
Dammit. We should have ended it on Bretsky's post (http://packerrats.com/showthread.php?13510-OFFICIAL-BRETT-THE-LIVING-LEGEND-THREAD&p=621400&viewfull=1#post621400)and locked the thread. We just never know when to stop, do we? :)

Harlan Huckleby
10-06-2011, 09:54 AM
Insted of giving AROD credit for what he did accomplish he bittterly dwells on what he didn't accomplish (or he accomplished too late) Did you hear the interview and detect bitterness in his voice? Favre is an awkward quote machine. It was likely just a gaffe.

Patler
10-06-2011, 09:58 AM
Perhaps then Mr. Favre should explain why he did not win the Super Bowl with the Vikings, because that team too was better than any team he played on in Green Bay, including the Super Bowl teams and the team he last played on in 2007

From 2009:

"Physically, and from a talent level, this is the best team I've ever been on." That's what Brett Favre said a few weeks ago about his Minnesota Vikings..If Rodgers should have won it earlier, shouldn't Favre have won in 2009?

So Rodgers fell into it, and to believe Favre, it wasn't that big of an accomplishment. Yet, it (winning a Super Bowl) was something he didn't feel up to even with that supposedly loaded roster returning for 2008. By his own words, it was too much pressure for him. From his retirement interview:

"I know it shouldn't feel unsuccessful, but the only way to come back and make that be the right decision would be to come back and win a Super Bowl. And honestly, the odds of that, they're tough. Those are big shoes for me to fill, and I guess it was a challenge I wasn't up for. "So trying to win a Super Bowl in 2008 or 2009 was too tough for him, too much of a challenge for him with all his experience, but something that Rodgers should have stepped in and accomplished as a first or second year starter?

Truth be told, Favre saying that his current team was the best he had ever been on was virtually an annual event for many years in Green Bay. Favre also routinely talked about how difficult winning was in the NFL and that winning the Super Bowl was an extremely difficult task. For him to now degrade the 2010 team's accomplishment in anyway is simply the babblings of a bitter old fool, in my opinion.

ThunderDan
10-06-2011, 10:02 AM

I disagree. BF could do a lot of things to improve his image. Like answering the question this way, It was fun watching the Packers on the Super Bowl run last year. They really had a special group of players on that team. I spent 1X years playing my heart out for GB. No matter how my career ended spending that much time with a quality organization leaves a lasting mark. I will always follow the Packers in the media.

Brandon494
10-06-2011, 10:37 AM
Favre is a douche bag... the end

Zool
10-06-2011, 11:43 AM
I think the Packers of 2011 are looking for some kind of motivation coming off the Super Bowl win last year. It is all great to win but sometimes a spark is missing, I wonder if the Packer players are looking for an edge, or a rally cry.

Besides how many guys in the locker room actually read the papers? Not many so I am sure a reporter picks and chooses the Favre quotes and throws them at the players looking for a quote.

http://qkme.me/355kfi

channtheman
10-06-2011, 11:52 AM
I disagree. BF could do a lot of things to improve his image. Like answering the question this way, It was fun watching the Packers on the Super Bowl run last year. They really had a special group of players on that team. I spent 1X years playing my heart out for GB. No matter how my career ended spending that much time with a quality organization leaves a lasting mark. I will always follow the Packers in the media.

Yup. Favre could actually compliment Rodgers and the Packers organization and a lot of us would begin to dislike him less.

Zool
10-06-2011, 11:56 AM
Maybe he could just STFU and fade into oblivion, but that won't happen.

Deputy Nutz
10-06-2011, 11:57 AM
Zool, I never would have expected that from you. From others, yes, but not you.

AtlPackFan
10-06-2011, 12:04 PM

+1

Zool
10-06-2011, 12:05 PM
Zool, I never would have expected that from you. From others, yes, but not you.

Aww sorry. I take it all back if you take back your trolling.

Rutnstrut
10-06-2011, 12:20 PM
Not really defending him BUT, maybe if the media should just leave him alone. Then again maybe it was a slow day for reporting on whether Payton Manning took a shit or not.

Deputy Nutz
10-06-2011, 12:40 PM
Aww sorry. I take it all back if you take back your trolling.

How in the hell are you going to call me a troll? I have been here for day one, and you gonna call me a troll? I call it like I see it and you all make it just that more entertaining.

You all love busting my balls aobut Favre, but it is amazing you can take Rodgers cock out of your mouth long enough to do so. All of my critiizism of Rodgers is constructive where yours is always personal on Favre. So call me a troll all you want but that is bullshit and you know it.

Deputy Nutz
10-06-2011, 12:42 PM
Not really defending him BUT, maybe if the media should just leave him alone. Then again maybe it was a slow day for reporting on whether Payton Manning took a shit or not.

Favre gave the interview, which he normally doesn't do but he was promoting his gig as a color commentator for Southern Miss, which apparently didn't go well and he got raked over the coals for that to. I am sure that all the ex-athletes that got into color commentary had their mistakes but Favre being Favre it gets all that much more highlighted.

ThunderDan
10-06-2011, 12:46 PM
Favre gave the interview, which he normally doesn't do but he was promoting his gig as a color commentator for Southern Miss, which apparently didn't go well and he got raked over the coals for that to. I am sure that all the ex-athletes that got into color commentary had their mistakes but Favre being Favre it gets all that much more highlighted.

Talk to Emmitt Smith about that one. Every week there was an article on all the stupid things he said the day before.

Deputy Nutz
10-06-2011, 12:48 PM
Talk to Emmitt Smith about that one. Every week there was an article on all the stupid things he said the day before.
And he worked in a studio where he could have worked off a prompter.

mmmdk
10-06-2011, 12:49 PM

+2

I see no reason to take this back, which leads me to another point, it might also be the only way for BF to taken back by Packers & their fans. Understand this though; I want the prick, Brett Favre, to fade into oblivion hence Brett Favre the former Packer football player, could then be forgiven and take his humble place amoung other former Packer players. It could & should happen but BF might be out of reach.

Zool
10-06-2011, 01:10 PM
How in the hell are you going to call me a troll? I have been here for day one, and you gonna call me a troll? I call it like I see it and you all make it just that more entertaining.

You all love busting my balls aobut Favre, but it is amazing you can take Rodgers cock out of your mouth long enough to do so. All of my critiizism of Rodgers is constructive where yours is always personal on Favre. So call me a troll all you want but that is bullshit and you know it.

1) show me where I gush about Rodgers
2) you instigate specifically about Packer fans being homers on a Packer specific message board (trolling)
3) don't lump me in with the masses, I'm just fucking with you because it's a slow day at work and you kind of had it coming

ThunderDan
10-06-2011, 01:11 PM
And he worked in a studio where he could have worked off a prompter.

I am not sure what they taught him in Gatorland. Reading probably isn't a strength for Emmitt.

Guiness
10-06-2011, 01:16 PM
PFT taking veiled shots at BF while talking about the upcomming game in London! Have a look at the article

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/10/06/nfls-uk-spokesman-confirms-sales-for-bears-bucs-are-slow/

- anyone else think it's not a coincidence that the picture posted there is of a naked guy with his schlong covered, and they mention BF in the text for no particular reason??? lol

Harlan Huckleby
10-06-2011, 01:19 PM
Uhhhhh, I finally heard the whole clip of Favre's remarks. I take back my defense of Favre, it wasn't just a gaffe. He mentioned how good the team was that was turned-over to Rodgers. It wasn't an awkward compliment, Favre was an ass.

Pugger
10-06-2011, 01:36 PM
I think Favre's comments were less about Rodgers and more about himself. Favre doesn't go around dissing other players, but he does promote himself (In case you haven't noticed!) I think Favre was trying to convey the idea that he could have won a title with the players Arod had. It was stupid of him to do it, but that's what he's become. I wish he hadn't done it, but I don't hate him for it. Just not my nature, I guess.

If he felt he could have won a SB with that team in 2008 then why in the hell did he quit? How come nobody asks him that?

Pugger
10-06-2011, 01:42 PM

:lol:

Joemailman
10-06-2011, 04:01 PM
If he felt he could have won a SB with that team in 2008 then why in the hell did he quit? How come nobody asks him that?

In my opinion that's always been the question. I think he quit because he just didn't want to go through the offseason work anymore. I think he was serious about retirement initially. Then the Vikings let him know he didn't necessarily have to do the offseason stuff in order to keep playing. That's why he eventually asked for his release from the Packers.

Dammit. We should have ended it on Bretsky's post (http://packerrats.com/showthread.php?13510-OFFICIAL-BRETT-THE-LIVING-LEGEND-THREAD&p=621400&viewfull=1#post621400)and locked the thread. We just never know when to stop, do we? :)

This thread is a living historical document. It can't be locked.

LEWCWA
10-06-2011, 04:31 PM
This shit is just awsome....None of you can let it go. It is like crack!

I'm sure Favre thinks Rodgers is a young cocky punk, TT is a bastard and MM is a back stabbing bitch. I am also sure all 3 of them think BF is a self indulgent spoiled brat. Thing is they are all right. Who gives a shit if BF hates Rodgers, who gives a shit if Rodgers hate BF. That shit will never change, Just enjoy the great run the Packer will be on and go ahead and remember how BF and Reggie brought GB football back into relevence. So many psuedo pyschologists around here. It amazes me how you guys know what is everyones head, but don't even know these people.......enjoy the game!

RashanGary
10-06-2011, 04:42 PM
This shit is just awsome....None of you can let it go. It is like crack!

I'm sure Favre thinks Rodgers is a young cocky punk, TT is a bastard and MM is a back stabbing bitch. I am also sure all 3 of them think BF is a self indulgent spoiled brat. Thing is they are all right. Who gives a shit if BF hates Rodgers, who gives a shit if Rodgers hate BF. That shit will never change, Just enjoy the great run the Packer will be on and go ahead and remember how BF and Reggie brought GB football back into relevence. So many psuedo pyschologists around here. It amazes me how you guys know what is everyones head, but don't even know these people.......enjoy the game!

Psychology aside. It seems like the average person has a fair amount of disgust for Favre. There is something about trust, compassion, honor, values, forgiveness that warms the human soul. There is something about Favre that disgusts people.

People want to forgive. They want a good story about personal growth. Favre just keeps dishing out disgust.

You might have it misread too. I know all of the phony psychologists here don't know what they're talking about, but it's good to have you and DeepdunkingFavre's Nutz here to set humanity straight.

Regardless of what's going on in the heads of Favre, MM, TT or AR. . . . Favre is a disgusting figure to what seems like just about everyone with an opinion on TV and most Packer fans if I'm counting right. But since you're the gate-keeper on how people should feel, maybe we should all just control our invalid emotions, since we have no right to feel them. We're all supposed to feel warmth and respect toward Favre cuz you said so, right? We can't be turned off and disgusted, right?

Maybe try letting people feel however they want to feel. It might be a relief for you to let that go. Not everyone feels the same way about Favre as you do.

LEWCWA
10-06-2011, 04:56 PM
I don't respect anything about BF, except his ability to throw a football and lead a football team. Personally, I think he is probably a tool, but I don't know him. Shit Justin you are probably a complete tool as well. From your actions on and off in here that probably wouldn't be a stretch, but I don't know you and to judge you based on this forum wouldn't be fair. Then again I think most of humanity is seriously flawed, so what the hell do I know! Hero worship get people into trouble, because heroes don't exist! People do heroic things, but will ultimately fall short given enough time......

RashanGary
10-06-2011, 05:10 PM
I don't respect anything about BF, except his ability to throw a football and lead a football team. Personally, I think he is probably a tool, but I don't know him. Shit Justin you are probably a complete tool as well. From your actions on and off in here that probably wouldn't be a stretch, but I don't know you and to judge you based on this forum wouldn't be fair. Then again I think most of humanity is seriously flawed, so what the hell do I know! Hero worship get people into trouble, because heroes don't exist! People do heroic things, but will ultimately fall short given enough time......

Well said. And yes, I've been a big douche bag more than my share for someone my age. I like to think of myself as a person now who is considerate and caring for others, but that certainly wasn't always the case and I'm sure it won't always be.

Everyone has different reasons to respect / not respect people.

And I'll be the first one to get in the humanity flaw line, but I think if you asked my kids, wife, coworkers and friends about me today, I think they'd say they trust me and respect me. That's been a pretty recent occurrence though. I also think you'd hear a story of me overcoming some really tough situations that I was born into. I didn't come out of it forgiving and loving like Jesus Christ. I came out angry, bitter and insecure. But I've replaced those never ending miserable feelings with security, forgiveness, faith, compassion. . . .

As forgiving as I am (and really, after I'll I've been through and done, I don't have much of a choice) Narcissists are my nemesi. I had an equally insecure but opposite personality to Favre. With my insecurity, I thought I was less of a person. I always tried to be OK in other peoples eyes, but it would never come. I wasn't OK in my own eyes. Favre though, he seems to hide the insecurity with acting like he's better than people, with getting preferential treatment, with seeking money, fame, power. . . . That whole act, being better. . . . for me, I think was reinforcement that I didn't live up, so I was jealous.

Looking at it now, he still rubs me wrong, just because I'm not as fucked up doesn't mean I'm untouchable. Extreme arrogance like Favre's still pisses me off. It's not worth the misery, but what the hell, I can be miserable for an hour or two when I come here and read the remaining Favre worship :)

LEWCWA
10-06-2011, 05:16 PM
didn't mean to call you out, as I am a big jerk too. Anyhow my point is why let someone you don't know rip your heart out. I would say most successful athletes are just that narcissists. It kinda goes with the territory. Give them enough rope and they will hang themselves. Arod even lets it get through sometimes....Favre maybe just got old and crotchety and didn't care to hide is anymore! I don't know....

Upnorth
10-06-2011, 07:54 PM
And now the healing can begin. Thank you for sharing your inner feelings. I can feel the love you two share growing and blossoming into something special. It is a beautiful thing to see.

channtheman
10-06-2011, 09:29 PM
Fuck Favre

MJZiggy
10-06-2011, 09:33 PM
Beautiful segue.

vince
10-06-2011, 10:19 PM
All of my critiizism of Rodgers is constructive… So call me a troll all you want but that is bullshit and you know it.
“Hold your horses you dimmed light bulbs”
"Rodgers is an arrogant asshole."
“Rodgers doesn't like to share the spot light with anyone else.”
"...since I don't like the guy..."
“he is too gotdamn good to drive a pickup truck. He probably drives a Prius.”
"Prince Aaron"
“Aaron Rodgers and his indy music loving ass”
… it is amazing you can take Rodgers cock out of your mouth long enough “

Trollin. I like it, so I’m not complaining one bit. Just pointing out who's bullshittin' who. Keep it up by all means.

mission
10-06-2011, 10:25 PM
didn't mean to call you out, as I am a big jerk too. Anyhow my point is why let someone you don't know rip your heart out. I would say most successful athletes are just that narcissists. It kinda goes with the territory. Give them enough rope and they will hang themselves. Arod even lets it get through sometimes....Favre maybe just got old and crotchety and didn't care to hide is anymore! I don't know....

Are all 854 of your posts in this thread?

Freak Out
10-07-2011, 12:25 AM
Favre is a cock texting douche.....ok. I'll always have great memories of the 90s Packers though. Well....most of the 90s. :)

Fritz
10-07-2011, 05:42 AM
And now the healing can begin. Thank you for sharing your inner feelings. I can feel the love you two share growing and blossoming into something special. It is a beautiful thing to see.

Somebody cue up the Barry Manilow!

This post cracked me up.

Pugger
10-07-2011, 07:41 AM

I don't think Favre rips our hearts out now (he did enough of that when he played) but a lot of us are disappointed in his behavior and we admonish ourselves for not seeing this in him when he played for us. But that is probably human nature. I'm sure queen fans couldn't stand him until he doned a purple uniform.

Deputy Nutz
10-07-2011, 07:57 AM
“Hold your horses you dimmed light bulbs”
"Rodgers is an arrogant asshole."
“Rodgers doesn't like to share the spot light with anyone else.”
"...since I don't like the guy..."
“he is too gotdamn good to drive a pickup truck. He probably drives a Prius.”
"Prince Aaron"
“Aaron Rodgers and his indy music loving ass”
… it is amazing you can take Rodgers cock out of your mouth long enough “

Trollin. I like it, so I’m not complaining one bit. Just pointing out who's bullshittin' who. Keep it up by all means.

Ok you got me on some of those, but in all fairness I say some of those things to stir the pot for my "Hater's Take", which the majority of you all get wet in the pants in anticipation for it to come out. My personal favorite is the dimmed light bulb comment.

You must have a lot of time on your hands to look up all the stupid shit I spell out on this place.

I might not be a Packer fan anymore, but Packer fans are my kind of people. Don't confuse me with any other kind of fan either. I just feel bad for Detroit.

Deputy Nutz
10-07-2011, 07:58 AM
I guess I will just never understand.

Fritz
10-07-2011, 08:10 AM
Why feel bad for Detroit? The Leos are 4-0. And their fans - when they've had a decent team - are as rude and obnoxious and stoopid as any fans you'll find.

Deputy Nutz
10-07-2011, 08:13 AM
In this day and and age if you are undeserving, bad, poor, and dirty you have the right for people to feel bad and sorry for you. You also deserve those handouts, so sticking with society I am now a huge Lions fan!

Iron Mike
10-07-2011, 08:20 AM
Did Brett cheat on his wife or girlfriend? Was he married at that time? Just asking.

I have an idea.....why don't you text a picture of your junk to some random 20-something female??? Then check with your wife and ask if that was cheating or not--you can get back to us when you're home from your Marriage counseling session.

Scott Campbell
10-07-2011, 12:47 PM
I have an idea.....why don't you text a picture of your junk to some random 20-something female??? Then check with your wife and ask if that was cheating or not--you can get back to us when you're home from your Marriage counseling session.

5 out of 7 wives disapproved. The other 2 just laughed.

sheepshead
10-07-2011, 01:02 PM

The question, smart ass, was in reference to a guys comments about Bretts early years with the Packers. The early 90's when the stories in the Green Bay and Milwaukee bars became legendary. So I just looked it up and they were married in 1996. So he was still single at that point.

swede
10-07-2011, 02:22 PM
Tar!

Nice of you to stop by. Are you healthy and happy? Are you working, working out, working up to something? Dish!

sheepshead
10-07-2011, 03:32 PM
Nice read (on topic)
http://espnmilwaukee.com/page.php?page_id=285

mmmdk
10-07-2011, 03:33 PM
I'm happy...Denmark 4 Cypress 1 and it's ok if you don't care! :smile: Towards the Euro championship.

hoosier
10-07-2011, 03:38 PM
I'm happy...Denmark 4 Cypress 1 and it's ok if you don't care! :smile: Towards the Euro championship.

Didn't know Denmark had a baseball team. :wink:

mmmdk
10-07-2011, 03:38 PM
Nice read (on topic)

I've been so lucky to have met Hendo; the man is right...so man up, Brett.

mmmdk
10-07-2011, 03:39 PM
Didn't know Denmark had a baseball team. :wink:

:rs: :lol:

LEWCWA
10-07-2011, 04:05 PM
Are all 854 of your posts in this thread?

No, but why do you ask?

Joemailman
10-07-2011, 06:27 PM
Nice read (on topic)

Favre should fire Bus Cook and hire Hendo as his agent.

MJZiggy
10-07-2011, 06:31 PM
Favre should fire Bus Cook and hire Hendo as his agent.

Favre should simply do what Hendo said.

Joemailman
10-07-2011, 06:32 PM
I figured that would be part of the deal.

MJZiggy
10-07-2011, 06:36 PM
I figured that would be part of the deal.
Yes, but with my solution he could just fire Bus and shut up and save himself some cash.

Bretsky
10-07-2011, 06:57 PM

ditto :)

Scott Campbell
10-07-2011, 07:05 PM
Favre should simply do what Hendo said.

Wow. Pretty much the entire civilized world considers Favre a douchebag.

Iron Mike
10-07-2011, 08:07 PM
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xic1jt_cee-lo-green-fuck-you_music

This thread needs its own theme music....

Joemailman
10-07-2011, 08:36 PM
Yes, but with my solution he could just fire Bus and shut up and save himself some cash.

He'll need an agent when he replaces Gruden on MNF.

HarveyWallbangers
10-07-2011, 09:08 PM
The question, smart ass, was in reference to a guys comments about Bretts early years with the Packers. The early 90's when the stories in the Green Bay and Milwaukee bars became legendary. So I just looked it up and they were married in 1996. So he was still single at that point.

He was still dating her, so he did cheat on her. She threatened to dump him for good (even though he was her daughter's Daddy) if he didn't stop. He apparently did. Well, probably not. She didn't find out. Or maybe she did (Sterger). Or more than likely, she just decided to turn a blind eye to it. I guess fame and fortune go a long way.

MJZiggy
10-07-2011, 09:55 PM
He'll need an agent when he replaces Gruden on MNF.

I heard rumors he wasn't so good in his debut, but haven't seen clips. Did you guys see it?

Joemailman
10-07-2011, 10:10 PM
I heard rumors he wasn't so good in his debut, but haven't seen clips. Did you guys see it?

Not good, but I've seen worse. http://www.jaxnewsonline.com/2955/watch-brett-favre-make-his-tv-broadcasting-debut-video.php

Upnorth
10-07-2011, 10:17 PM
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xic1jt_cee-lo-green-fuck-you_music

This thread needs its own theme music....

Let's add a poll for this threads theme song. My suggestions are yakkity sax and muppet theme song.

Joemailman
10-07-2011, 10:26 PM
Let's add a poll for this threads theme song. My suggestions are yakkity sax and muppet theme song.

The Long And Winding Road

esoxx
10-08-2011, 12:24 AM
Extreme arrogance like Favre's still pisses me off.

Man, you must really HATE Obama if that's the case huh.

sheepshead
10-08-2011, 07:09 AM
He was still dating her, so he did cheat on her. She threatened to dump him for good (even though he was her daughter's Daddy) if he didn't stop. He apparently did. Well, probably not. She didn't find out. Or maybe she did (Sterger). Or more than likely, she just decided to turn a blind eye to it. I guess fame and fortune go a long way.

Yeah, that was my question really. I was never sure (how could any of us be sure) what his relationship was with her at any given time until they married. I know they had a daughter. He was a puke just how much of a puke is really at question.

sheepshead
10-08-2011, 07:11 AM
The Long And Winding Road

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PVi8bJFIac8

woodbuck27
10-08-2011, 07:31 AM
today he talks to coles about how he's not trying to replace his freinship with chad, he's just here to help them win

bubba says #4 "still has it, ask any of the WRs" and that he's been "making incredible plays"

bubba's locker is rght next to lord's and he comes to him with any questions

brett says his arm is a little fatigued ("no pain") and that he felt 38 today - mangini states that this is normal for camp b/c u take more reps than most weeks during season.

brett also favorably compared coles and his other wrs to the ones he had in GB with respect to their play-making abilities (YACS) - this along with the fact that thomas jones is AT LEAST as good as grant gives team hope....

LET'S GOOOOOOOO.....!!!!!

Where's DAT GUY? MOBB DEEP !??

GO PACKERS!

woodbuck27
10-08-2011, 07:33 AM

Good beat to that tune. I enjoyed it.

MJZiggy
10-08-2011, 11:10 AM

There's Never Been Any Reason -Head East

Upnorth
10-08-2011, 07:24 PM
Thisthread does not just need a theme song, it needs a sound track

MJZiggy
10-08-2011, 08:59 PM
Thisthread does not just need a theme song, it needs a sound track

I'm guessing it won't be the Curious George Lullabyes and other Stories soundtrack...

MadtownPacker
10-08-2011, 09:13 PM
OT discussion removed.

Upnorth
10-09-2011, 12:30 AM
I'm guessing it won't be the Curious George Lullabyes and other Stories soundtrack...

Maybe the monkeys theme song might belong, kinda goofy like this thread. Also for when it goes insane "I am the walrus" by the bettles would work.

Guiness
10-13-2011, 05:31 PM
Well, well.

Favre claims he was just misunderstood. That he meant nothing but sincere praise for Rodgers and the organization. That he is gracious and complimentary.

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/thehuddle/post/2011/10/brett-favre-says-his-comments-on-aaron-rodgers-were-misinterpreted/1?csp=34sports&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+TP-TheHuddle+%28Sports+-+The+Huddle%29

Scott Campbell
10-13-2011, 05:37 PM
This year has been tremendous in part because that douchebag is no longer in the NFL.

sheepshead
10-13-2011, 05:37 PM
Well, well.

Favre claims he was just misunderstood. That he meant nothing but sincere praise for Rodgers and the organization. That he is gracious and complimentary.

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/thehuddle/post/2011/10/brett-favre-says-his-comments-on-aaron-rodgers-were-misinterpreted/1?csp=34sports&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+TP-TheHuddle+%28Sports+-+The+Huddle%29

Once again. I tend to cut him some slack on this one. I thought he was dissing McCarthy if anyone.

channtheman
10-13-2011, 07:57 PM
Well, well.

I'm not surprised Favre is claiming he was misunderstood, I'm just surprised he didn't claim it sooner.

pbmax
10-13-2011, 07:59 PM
:bang:

Packgator
10-14-2011, 01:35 AM
There's Never Been Any Reason -Head East

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CguSW9y5bD8

Fritz
10-14-2011, 06:09 AM
Perhaps then Mr. Favre should explain why he did not win the Super Bowl with the Vikings, because that team too was better than any team he played on in Green Bay, including the Super Bowl teams and the team he last played on in 2007

From 2009:

If Rodgers should have won it earlier, shouldn't Favre have won in 2009?

So Rodgers fell into it, and to believe Favre, it wasn't that big of an accomplishment. Yet, it (winning a Super Bowl) was something he didn't feel up to even with that supposedly loaded roster returning for 2008. By his own words, it was too much pressure for him. From his retirement interview:

So trying to win a Super Bowl in 2008 or 2009 was too tough for him, too much of a challenge for him with all his experience, but something that Rodgers should have stepped in and accomplished as a first or second year starter?

Truth be told, Favre saying that his current team was the best he had ever been on was virtually an annual event for many years in Green Bay. Favre also routinely talked about how difficult winning was in the NFL and that winning the Super Bowl was an extremely difficult task. For him to now degrade the 2010 team's accomplishment in anyway is simply the babblings of a bitter old fool, in my opinion.

Good post.

We've been wrong about Favre for all these years. He's not Hamlet at all.

Favre = Lear

gbgary
10-14-2011, 10:09 AM
f bf

Fritz
10-14-2011, 11:48 AM
http://www.nflnewsworld.com/wp-content/uploads/Brett-Favre-Retires-and-Brad-Childress-Press-Conference.jpg

Equals

http://www.pathguy.com/lear300.jpg

RashanGary
10-14-2011, 07:34 PM
Favre seems ego-smitten by two things.

1. AR succeeded him. The Packers won the SB while Favre was still on the Vikings with an unsettled grudge, a tarnished reputation and (small) penis pictures floating around the web.

2. The way the Packers were willing to just move on. Favre is so emotionally reactionary right now, he's cutting off his nose to spite his face.

It makes you wonder; is fame and fortune the ultimate punishment on Earth. Is it the demon so hidden, the poison so sweet, you cannot escape without being destroyed? Favre probably should be a sympathy figure with his misery, but he's so damn offensive, he can't even get that. He's too proud of course, but sheesh Brett, let it go.

Joemailman
10-14-2011, 08:26 PM
Favre's curse is that he cannot let go of a grudge. Mainly against Thompson, not so much against Rodgers. The question he was asked in the interview was a great opportunity to put it all behind him, but he couldn't bring himself to do it. He could have said, "I'm happy for them. I was hoping they would win it". But instead he gave a rambling answer that most, rightly or wrongly, saw as a veiled shot at Rodgers. If the Packers win the Super Bowl this year, Favre needs to do 4 things:

Call Aaron Rodgers and congratulate him.
Call Ted Thompson and congratulate him.
Call Mike McCarthy and congratulate him.
Give an interview in which he says he's happy for the Packers and their fans.

That's what he needs to do. I'm not sure he can bring himself to do it though.

Pugger
10-14-2011, 08:54 PM
If Favre has a grudge against Rodgers that shows how immature he is. Rodgers took his job? Waa Waa. If you hadn't "retired" in the first place none of this crap would have happened in the first place - unless you feared Rodgers would have beaten you out for the starter's job and there was no way in hell you'd be his back-up. If you are pissed at MM and TT too damn bad. YOU were the one who "retired". Lemme give you a crying towel.

channtheman
10-14-2011, 09:22 PM
If Favre has a grudge against Rodgers that shows how immature he is. Rodgers took his job? Waa Waa. If you hadn't "retired" in the first place none of this crap would have happened in the first place - unless you feared Rodgers would have beaten you out for the starter's job and there was no way in hell you'd be his back-up. If you are pissed at MM and TT too damn bad. YOU were the one who "retired". Lemme give you a crying towel.

Hey! That's MY quarterback you're talking about.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LOweupNOBVU

Packgator
10-14-2011, 11:04 PM
Give an interview in which he says he's happy for the Packers and their fans.

That's what he needs to do. I'm not sure he can bring himself to do it though.

He's not happy about it. He's not happy for the organization. He's not happy for his old teammates. And he's not happy for the fans. If he was he would have done the things you suggested. Even though he's not happy....he should still do those things because it's the right thing to do. But he's to dumb and/or stubborn to do it.

TennesseePackerBacker
10-15-2011, 12:50 AM
Thread closed? No more "living legend." This horse has been turned in to glue.

Iron Mike
10-15-2011, 09:16 AM
http://scm-l3.technorati.com/10/10/21/20457/favre-with-crocks.jpg

Fritz
10-15-2011, 09:36 AM
I wonder if Deanna feels sorry for him...

MJZiggy
10-15-2011, 04:42 PM
I wonder if Deanna feels sorry for him...

You mean while he mopes around the mansion feeling misunderstood? He may have been our Favre, but he pretty well proved he wasn't just her Brett...

Pugger
10-15-2011, 05:24 PM
Well, well.

The way he talks in circles and rambles on it isn't easy to keep track of what the hell he is saying at times.

HowardRoark
10-30-2011, 07:45 PM
http://www.lastdayatlambeau.com/#!

SkinBasket
12-05-2011, 01:44 PM
It's official. Bert Farve is a queer ass douchebag. Funny how the fucker only wants to be a washed-up tally-whacker on teams who play in the same division as his former team. Life with Deanna post Jenn must not be as fun as he thought it would be.

Report: Brett Favre would listen if Bears made a pitch (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/Report-Brett-Favre-would-listen-if-Bears-made-a?urn=nfl-wp13236)

pbmax
12-05-2011, 01:48 PM
The Twitter feed is hysterical for this. https://twitter.com/#!/search?q=%23Favre

Favorite so far is Whitlock: Whitlock is willing to listen if Halle Berry calls...

mraynrand
12-05-2011, 01:56 PM
Fritz is willing to listen if Drew Barrymore calls

George Cumby
12-05-2011, 02:25 PM
The Twitter feed is hysterical for this. https://twitter.com/#!/search?q=%23Favre

Favorite so far is Whitlock: Whitlock is willing to listen if Halle Berry calls...

My fave:

"Bears to Brett Favre: Please Stop Sexting Us"

Guiness
12-05-2011, 02:43 PM
Fritz is willing to listen if Drew Barrymore calls

Bazinga!

Guiness
12-05-2011, 02:44 PM
This just in: Favre, Iverson and Clemons have pitched in togethe to hire and answering service...in case anyone calls. Word is still out on whether Tiki will commit.

gbgary
12-05-2011, 03:25 PM
f bf

Upnorth
12-05-2011, 03:41 PM
f bf

These three letters sum up this thread and everything since 2008 so well.

Joemailman
12-05-2011, 04:17 PM
Michael C. Wright has spoken to a source who believes that if the Bears contacted Favre about filling that position for the last four weeks of the regular season and possibly beyond, there could be a match.

Gosh! It must be true.

pbmax
12-05-2011, 04:28 PM
Gosh! It must be true.

Brett's family is the one subject whom I would believe it to be true, based on that kind of qualification.

yooperfan
12-05-2011, 04:32 PM
If Favre walks into Lambeau on Christmas day in a Bear uniform, the Packers D shouldn't
even cover anyone but send 11 guys and pound him into the ground.

Joemailman
12-05-2011, 05:37 PM
http://www.midwestsportsfans.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/brett-favre-bears.jpg

gbgary
12-05-2011, 06:06 PM
jason laconfora says nobody's called f'n bf.

gbgary
12-05-2011, 06:07 PM
If Favre walks into Lambeau on Christmas day in a Bear uniform, the Packers D shouldn't
even cover anyone but send 11 guys and pound him into the ground.

lol

AtlPackFan
12-05-2011, 06:07 PM
f bf

These three letters sum up this thread and everything since 2008 so well.

+1

Deputy Nutz
12-05-2011, 06:10 PM
It's official. Bert Farve is a queer ass douchebag. Funny how the fucker only wants to be a washed-up tally-whacker on teams who play in the same division as his former team. Life with Deanna post Jenn must not be as fun as he thought it would be.

Report: Brett Favre would listen if Bears made a pitch (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/Report-Brett-Favre-would-listen-if-Bears-made-a?urn=nfl-wp13236)

Next time you come to Wisconsin I am going to punch you in the balls.

red
12-05-2011, 06:23 PM
i told you guys this would happen

he's gonna take one last giant shit on green bay bu playing for the bears.

if he puts on a bears uniform, i say he should never get in the ring of fame

fuck him

Tarlam!
12-05-2011, 07:10 PM
i say he should never get in the ring of fame

I don't think a player should be honoured in the ring of fame if he shits on the franchise after his departure - period. But we know, he is going to get in, even if he dresses in a Bears costume Xmas and a Lions one New Year's. There's no denying what he did for the franchise and the NFL in general. Personally, I think Canton is plenty enough, due to his behaviour after he left, but that's just me.

As someone mentioned on another thread, the guy would be a walking god to Packer fans if he had done a "Driver" with the transition. He shoulda taken the gig Murphy offered him in Public Relations and enjoyed the retiring of his number. His legacy is shot to pieces forever in my mind. That is all on him.

Freak Out
12-05-2011, 07:31 PM
WTF Tarlam....? You just happen to show back up the same day Favre is back in the news...? :)

Welcome back.

George Cumby
12-05-2011, 07:43 PM
i told you guys this would happen

he's gonna take one last giant shit on green bay bu playing for the bears.

if he puts on a bears uniform, i say he should never get in the ring of fame

fuck him

QFT

Tarlam!
12-05-2011, 07:53 PM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d824c451c/article/report-favre-would-listen-if-bears-called-about-comeback?module=HP11_headline_stack

Interesting video about "What if TT and M3 had given into Bert's demands". It's only short, but really interesting speculation.

mraynrand
12-05-2011, 07:56 PM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d824c451c/article/report-favre-would-listen-if-bears-called-about-comeback?module=HP11_headline_stack

Interesting video about "What if TT and M3 had given into Bert's demands". It's only short, but really interesting speculation.

That's almost as interesting as "What if Lincoln hadn't been shot" or "What if Spiderman had joined the Fantastic Four"

MJZiggy
12-05-2011, 08:09 PM

Damn, that is some funny shit. "Favre talking to Bears: Zoo security orders him to leave."

SkinBasket
12-05-2011, 08:33 PM
Next time you come to Wisconsin I am going to punch you in the balls.

Come get me you little lick-spittle!

pbmax
12-05-2011, 08:44 PM
That's almost as interesting as "What if Lincoln hadn't been shot" or "What if Spiderman had joined the Fantastic Four"

The Spiderman cartoons from the 1960s are on Netflix. Watched a few with the younger generation, they were mostly unimpressed but I forgot that for a cartoon score, the music was OK. :)

mraynrand
12-05-2011, 09:36 PM
The Spiderman cartoons from the 1960s are on Netflix. Watched a few with the younger generation, they were mostly unimpressed but I forgot that for a cartoon score, the music was OK. :)

I remember altering the lyrics based on the cheap nature of the show, withe repeated stock footage:

"Spider-man, Spider-man, does whatever a spider can.
Spins a web, any size, seems I've seen this scene more than twice.
Look Out! Here comes the Spider-man.

"Shoot a bullet, he can dodge it, This cartoon has a three dollar budget.
Can he swing from a thread? Take a look overhead.
Hey, there. There goes the Spider-man."

yooperfan
12-05-2011, 09:48 PM
Spider Pig!
Spider Pig!
Does whatever a spider pig does!
can he swing from a web?

No he can't
He's a pig!
Lookout!
Here comes the spider pig!!

mission
12-05-2011, 10:36 PM
I wish a nicca would...

Fritz
12-06-2011, 12:22 PM
I wish a nicca would...

spider man, spider man,
likes to read when he's on the can.
Spins a log, every time,
Drops a turd on a dime.

And on to Brent...most interesting to me is that according to the source Brent would listen, at least - but he still might say no!

He wants them to want him, he needs them to need him, etc.

Upnorth
12-06-2011, 12:29 PM
I like where this thread is going finally.

Nanananananannananana, BATMAN!

(gary post some other cartoon lyric and we may sucseed in derailing this MOFO)

Deputy Nutz
12-06-2011, 02:48 PM
Come get me you little lick-spittle!

Are you getting a divorce? You seem so shy and distant.

SkinBasket
12-06-2011, 02:56 PM
Are you getting a divorce? You seem so shy and distant.

My wife's out of town til Friday and you're nowhere to be found.

gbgary
12-06-2011, 03:01 PM
I like where this thread is going finally.

Nanananananannananana, BATMAN!

(gary post some other cartoon lyric and we may sucseed in derailing this MOFO)

:lol: i'm thinking...i'm thinking.

Cheesehead Craig
12-06-2011, 04:29 PM
Scooby Doobie Doo
Where are you?
We got some work to do now.

Upnorth
12-06-2011, 04:33 PM
Flintstones, meet the flintstones
Their the modern stoneage family.
From the town of bedrock
there a place right out of history.

MJZiggy
12-06-2011, 04:41 PM
spider man, spider man,
likes to read when he's on the can.
Spins a log, every time,
Drops a turd on a dime.

And on to Brent...most interesting to me is that according to the source Brent would listen, at least - but he still might say no!

He wants them to want him, he needs them to need him, etc.

Most interesting thing is that BRETT said if they came calling, he would listen. THE BEARS said they ain't calling. Unrequited love alas.

Upnorth
12-06-2011, 04:44 PM
Most interesting thing is that BRETT said if they came calling, he would listen. THE BEARS said they ain't calling. Unrequited love alas.

Now put that unrequited love in the form of a song Zig.

MJZiggy
12-06-2011, 04:50 PM
Now put that unrequited love in the form of a song Zig.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E0LAs7X5ybE&ob=av2e

yooperfan
12-06-2011, 05:37 PM
Love is Like a Rock
You can't depend on your teacher
You can't depend on your preacher

You can't depend on politicians
You can't depend on superstitions
CHORUS
Love can rock you
Never stop you
Ah, Ah, Ah, Ah,