PDA

View Full Version : OFFICIAL BRETT THE LIVING LEGEND THREAD

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46

woodbuck27
05-22-2012, 12:50 PM
To be fair, he has famously large hands, so objects may be larger than they appear.

Nice save.

Joemailman
05-22-2012, 04:07 PM
I say yes! Start a full-out petition drive to allow me to have sex with Deanna. Deliver it into the hands of Brent Favre. Photo opp there for ol' #4.

Me and Deanna, alone for three and a half minutes. I walk out smiling, Deanna walks out frowning.

Once again, I love Brent. And once again, so does Deanna.

If we can't get Deanna, would you settle for Jenn Sterger?

Cheesehead Craig
05-22-2012, 04:18 PM

I already called dibs on Sterger.

Pugger
05-22-2012, 05:47 PM
Woody he is 100% right, I am not or nor longer a Packer Fan. I think I have made that point about 150 times since 2008.

You have a lot of posts here for a non-Packer fan.

Harlan Huckleby
05-22-2012, 07:22 PM

huh. Brett couldn't get Jenn Sterger and settled for Deanna.

MadtownPacker
05-22-2012, 07:34 PM
Only a gay man would see it this backwards.

He already got Deanna. He was just trying to add to the trophy case dumbass.

swede
05-22-2012, 09:38 PM
You have a lot of posts here for a non-Packer fan.

Another casualty of the Favre wars.

He may not be a Packer fan any longer but it frees his mind to a zen-state clarity regarding football, and what I like about him is that he's an ornery sonofabitch and he's an original Rat. I respect his agnosticism

Joemailman
05-22-2012, 09:40 PM

Maybe he was looking for a threesome.

Pugger
05-23-2012, 04:19 AM
Another casualty of the Favre wars.

He may not be a Packer fan any longer but it frees his mind to a zen-state clarity regarding football, and what I like about him is that he's an ornery sonofabitch and he's an original Rat. I respect his agnosticism

He is no longer a Packer Fan because of the Favre mess?

Deputy Nutz
05-23-2012, 07:38 AM
He is no longer a Packer Fan because of the Favre mess?

What rock have you been living under for the last 2940 posts?

George Cumby
05-23-2012, 08:29 AM
To be fair, he has famously large hands, so objects may be larger than they appear.

Well, you know what they say, large hands........ large gloves.

Harlan Huckleby
05-23-2012, 08:30 AM
nutz is channeling Cliff Christl, not only is he not a Packer fan, he mostly just watches high school football because the pros aren't like the pros of the old days.

Either all of you are dumbasses or I am.

Smeefers
05-23-2012, 08:40 AM
Hey wood, I never said that those who support favre should turn in their loyalty cards or anything to the such. I've never blamed the NY Giants loss solely on Favre. I think both of those ideas are crazy.

All I have stated is that I Loved Favre for how he played in Green Bay and the great memories he gave us. Unfortunately he tainted all those memories with the way he left and he did so in the following ways:
1. For years he refused to tell the media if he was coming back or not. So we had to play the guessing game and we were essentially held hostage by his whims.
2. After actually retiring he came back and created a very uncomfortable situation in Green Bay.
3. He spoke publicly demonizing our organization. (Greta)
4. He said real packer fans would support him leaving.

At this point he went to the Jets and things were fine for me. I didn't love him, but I didn't hate him. I wished him luck in his endevours. Given a couple years of things cooling down, I would have welcomed him back with open arms. But then...

4. He retired from the Jets just to get our of his deal in order to specifically go to the Vikings (arguably our greatest division rival) in order to play and beat us, which he did, handidly.
5. After retiring for good (hopefully) from the Vikings, he continued to bad mouth the packers via contacting the Lions to give hints and wishing Urlacker the best of luck against us.

And so now I hold a much greater animosity towards him. It became personal because I do Identify with the packers and his attacks on them feel like attacks on me. The more he did to insure the packers failed, the more I disliked him, but the real breaking point was him signing up for the Vikings. He probably could have done all those other things and I would have forgiven him easily once the dust settled, but going to the Vikings was the real killer. That turned him from hero to villain in my eyes. And so, as I discussed earlier with Nutz, in order for me to change my mind on him, he has to work towards erasing the ill will he has built up now. If he would attempt to mend the rift between himself and the Packers, I could still see myself forgiving him. That has yet to happen and so I continue to dislike him, but I do eagerly await for the day that he changes my mind.

I understand why some people still support him and I don't think that makes them any less a packer fan. They just happen to be Packers fans and Favre fans. Just because I can't reconcile the differences doesn't mean other people can't.

I also understand why people think it must be one or the other, because there's such a huge divide between the two. It's like being a die hard Boston fan and a die hard Yankees fan at the same time. I'm not saying that's right, but I see where they're coming from.

Pugger
05-23-2012, 08:40 AM

Gee, I don't keep score of what side everyone is on with the Favre shit. Pardon me all to hell. :roll:

woodbuck27
05-23-2012, 09:02 AM

Pugger I sense that your a nice person. Based solely on the posts in this thread going back 'specifically' to the TOP of page 457.

If any member of Packerats ever posted this:

"I've been for a long time a Green Bay Packer fan and will remain loyal to the Green Bay Packers. Yet ... hold a certain distaste and even distain for many Packer fans. Because of their lack of respect and fairness for how much we were spoiled by the contributions of Brett Favre." by any Packer fan in the world

This is specifically for you and I request that you merely think about it.

Is that above statement (not assigned to any member here) beyond your fair and/or compassionate ability to understand?

GO PACKERS !

Brandon494
05-23-2012, 09:44 AM
Mad, is there anyway you can limit someone to 5 post per day? Or less :)

Upnorth
05-23-2012, 09:48 AM
Well, you know what they say, large hands........ large gloves.

Leave OJ out of this!

Deputy Nutz
05-23-2012, 09:54 AM
Gee, I don't keep score of what side everyone is on with the Favre shit. Pardon me all to hell. :roll:

there are only 13 total posters here, it isn't real hard. You are the one that is keeping track of posts, not me.

Smeefers
05-23-2012, 09:56 AM
"I've been for a long time a Green Bay Packer fan and will remain loyal to the Green Bay Packers. Yet ... hold a certain distaste and even distain for many Packer fans. Because of their lack of respect and fairness for how much we were spoiled by the contributions of Brett Favre." by any Packer fan in the world

I'm having a hard time figuring it out. So what the writer is saying that he's a big packer fan, but he hates other fans because they don't respect Brett? I think that's it. If it is, I think that's dumb. I mean, I get *why* they do, but that stance ignores everything he did after oh, say, 2005. That would be like my brother Joe building me a house. Then a couple years later he destroys my front lawn and moves in with my ex wife and talks shit about me behind my back. You know, I'm really greatfull that Joe built my house, he did me a solid, but there's no way I'm letting him slide for the other stuff.

woodbuck27
05-23-2012, 10:41 AM
I'm having a hard time figuring it out. So what the writer is saying that he's a big packer fan, but he hates other fans because they don't respect Brett? I think that's it. If it is, I think that's dumb. I mean, I get *why* they do, but that stance ignores everything he did after oh, say, 2005. That would be like my brother Joe building me a house. Then a couple years later he destroys my front lawn and moves in with my ex wife and talks shit about me behind my back. You know, I'm really greatfull that Joe built my house, he did me a solid, but there's no way I'm letting him slide for the other stuff.

Awesome analogy understood and appreciated by this member of an unjust wrong based in a certain disrespect.

Does it apply to anything RE: Brett Favre?

Ohh.....

I will pray that nothing like that ever happens to you Smeefers.

woodbuck27
05-23-2012, 10:43 AM
Leave OJ out of this!

Nothing .......resembling murder..... is allowed on Packerrats ... last time I checked.

woodbuck27
05-23-2012, 10:50 AM

Are you 'in trouble'? DO YOU need HELP?

Are you 'addicted....obsessive...out of control'? Have you consulted ' Forum Posters Anonymous'. Every addiction has it's cure.

It's the GREAT Americsn way.

woodbuck27
05-23-2012, 10:53 AM

I suspect this is a true statement:

No poster.... at Packerrats wants anything to do with Favre's shit.

woodbuck27
05-23-2012, 11:20 AM
Hey wood, I never said that those who support favre should turn in their loyalty cards or anything to the such. I've never blamed the NY Giants loss solely on Favre. I think both of those ideas are crazy.

All I have stated is that I Loved Favre for how he played in Green Bay and the great memories he gave us. Unfortunately he tainted all those memories with the way he left and he did so in the following ways:
1. For years he refused to tell the media if he was coming back or not. So we had to play the guessing game and we were essentially held hostage by his whims.
2. After actually retiring he came back and created a very uncomfortable situation in Green Bay.
3. He spoke publicly demonizing our organization. (Greta)
4. He said real packer fans would support him leaving.

At this point he went to the Jets and things were fine for me. I didn't love him, but I didn't hate him. I wished him luck in his endevours. Given a couple years of things cooling down, I would have welcomed him back with open arms. But then...

4. He retired from the Jets just to get our of his deal in order to specifically go to the Vikings (arguably our greatest division rival) in order to play and beat us, which he did, handidly.
5. After retiring for good (hopefully) from the Vikings, he continued to bad mouth the packers via contacting the Lions to give hints and wishing Urlacker the best of luck against us.

And so now I hold a much greater animosity towards him. It became personal because I do Identify with the packers and his attacks on them feel like attacks on me. The more he did to insure the packers failed, the more I disliked him, but the real breaking point was him signing up for the Vikings. He probably could have done all those other things and I would have forgiven him easily once the dust settled, but going to the Vikings was the real killer. That turned him from hero to villain in my eyes. And so, as I discussed earlier with Nutz, in order for me to change my mind on him, he has to work towards erasing the ill will he has built up now. If he would attempt to mend the rift between himself and the Packers, I could still see myself forgiving him. That has yet to happen and so I continue to dislike him, but I do eagerly await for the day that he changes my mind.

I understand why some people still support him and I don't think that makes them any less a packer fan. They just happen to be Packers fans and Favre fans. Just because I can't reconcile the differences doesn't mean other people can't.

I also understand why people think it must be one or the other, because there's such a huge divide between the two. It's like being a die hard Boston fan and a die hard Yankees fan at the same time. I'm not saying that's right, but I see where they're coming from.

Hi Smeefers:

This is my third time trying to respond to your well understood post above. I get you and certainly respect you.

I believe I have proof that Brett Favre himself would certainly admit to you the Packer fan that he made certain errors back in 2008 before the Green Bay Packers traded him to the New York Jets. I believe as well that he would expand on that by informing you from his view that both sides made errors. You and I might even agree on that 'as a fact or the TRUTH'?

Here is where it gets dicey for you and I as Packer fans. How we stand on different sides.

I can only speculate on why? we do not agree and maybe it's IMO simply a cultural thing. see when the Packers traded Favre to the jets his desteny was in his own hands.I'm very positive that the collapse experienced by the Jets in 2008 wasn't anything that Brett Favre orchestrated or wished for. I refer to the serious injury that hampered his play in the final six games of that season culminating in a week 17 loss to the miami dolphins and what after ten weeks looked like a sure jet solid position in the post season was drained ...down the toilet by that Dolphin victory.

Favre felt terrible in terms of letting the Jets down. Favre soon after that seasons end. Clearly and prudently advised the Jets to determine another starting QB for the 2009 season.

How Brett Favre came to wear a Vikings jersey is beyond my scope of certain kniowledge. Did you or I believe that was his obvious destiny after week ten of the 2008 season? I certainly didn't imagine that possibility. He seemed to me too focused on possibly winning another MVP and leading the Jets to a Super Bowl. Favre looked solid behind center as a Jet until his injury. An injury that was later revealed as covered up the the jets HC Mangini... for which he was subsequently fined by the NFL.

As a Canadian I'm 'of course' an NHL fan. Used to seeing our hero's traded to different teams. Used to the obvious assumption that a player traded is a player that is certainly focused on playing a career game the next time he faces his old team. Focused on sticking it to his old team but not doing so in any disrespect for that teams players or fans.

Is that where the rub lies with Packer fans such as you and I?

An obvious cultural difference in terms of our understanding of what a PRO athlete is and what Pro organizations are in terms of the word 'LOYALTY".

When the Packers traded Favre they ensured one reality. Brett Favre ws then and in his future a FREE Man in terms of his talents and service to any football team that saw a need to sign him.

GO PACKERS !

MadtownPacker
05-23-2012, 11:56 AM
No but I think there is a characters limit per post.

woodbuck27
05-23-2012, 12:04 PM

I verify that is a fact.

Harlan Huckleby
05-23-2012, 12:20 PM
No but I think there is a characters limit per post. We need a characters per forum limit. Send some of our characters over to packerchatters.com
Swede and Wist are very much on my nerves. I thought Nutz was OK, but lately he's been a bully with all the threats. Let him and his whiny little sidekick talk guns over at chatters. A change of scenary might do those punks some good.

woodbuck27
05-23-2012, 12:40 PM
We need a characters per forum limit. Send some of our characters over to packerchatters.com
Swede and Wist are very much on my nerves. I thought Nutz was OK, but lately he's been a bully with all the threats. Let him and his whiny little sidekick talk guns over at chatters. A change of scenary might do those punks some good.

Harlan:

Have you been sent the formal stationary for submitting such suggestions or proposals? I do not want your enormous ideas to be ignored due to a technicality.

It's a part of the package contained in your mailed Packerrats Membership envelope. Available upon paying the new modest rate for a Packerrat of $600.00 American per annum. For your convenience that's available in 4 installments of $150.00 per quarter beginning April 01, 2013.

A price increase is at the sole discretion of 'the owner'.

This is NOT a Public Service Announcement. Keep up with 'the scoop (s)'... yourselves.

woodbuck27
05-23-2012, 12:57 PM

Sometimes Man. You're soooo sweet.

MadtownPacker
05-23-2012, 02:05 PM
We need a characters per forum limit. Send some of our characters over to packerchatters.com
Excellent suggestions but Nutz will only agree to a trade to purplepride.org where he can get back at us by posting for our hated rivals.

Harlan Huckleby
05-23-2012, 03:27 PM
Have you been sent the formal stationary for submitting such suggestions or proposals? I do not want your enormous ideas to be ignored due to a technicality. I put my suggestion in Madtown's suggestion box, but it turned out to be a glory hole.

Cheesehead Craig
05-23-2012, 03:28 PM
Excellent suggestions but Nutz will only agree to a trade to purplepride.org where he can get back at us by posting for our hated rivals.

However he does not have the right to dictate where he will be traded to. First he must go theganggreen.com as they are desperate for talent there.

MadtownPacker
05-23-2012, 04:35 PM
However he does not have the right to dictate where he will be traded to. First he must go theganggreen.com as they are desperate for talent there.We considered sending him to Bucschat.com but after further consideration we prefer to move him outside the NFC.

Fritz
05-23-2012, 04:52 PM
I think the Jetfuel.com needs a new poster.

Gunakor
05-23-2012, 11:58 PM
Bearman and Baddest will find themselves shelved late in the season, and Nutz will email CBMB offering his services.

CBMB will decline.

woodbuck27
05-25-2012, 07:08 PM
Bearman and Baddest will find themselves shelved late in the season, and Nutz will email CBMB offering his services.

CBMB will decline.

If we lost 'the Deputy' we'd lose one of the most honest 'REAL MEN' on this Forum.

We would lose a member that does understand the game and how to analyze it from a proper fan perspective.

Be careful what you wish for or play with.... as members like Deputy Nutz cannot be replaced.

MJZiggy
05-25-2012, 07:13 PM
If we lost 'the Deputy' we'd lose one of the most honest 'REAL MEN' on this Forum.

We would lose a member that does understand the game and how to analyze it from a proper fan perspective.

Be careful what you wish for or play with.... as members like Deputy Nutz cannot be replaced.

Nutz wrote a good column. He should do that again...

ThunderDan
05-25-2012, 07:16 PM

Thanks MJ!

MJZiggy
05-25-2012, 07:41 PM
Thanks MJ!

Just speaking the truth.

Pugger
05-26-2012, 06:00 AM

Chatters is moderated so I doubt they could talk guns over there.

woodbuck27
05-26-2012, 07:53 AM
Chatters is moderated so I doubt they could talk guns over there.

Anything wrong with discussing guns? Just about anyone who is of 'a rural background' any hunter up here has a few guns.

The 'only' people that hate guns are Fashists and over sensative silly out of touch judgementle people that havn't realized that guns are simply small scale versions of Nuclear Weapons...a deterrent to keep the bad guys away or get acquainted with the true meaning of 'BUYER BEWARE" !

Pugger
05-26-2012, 01:57 PM
Anything wrong with discussing guns? Just about anyone who is of 'a rural background' any hunter up here has a few guns.

The 'only' people that hate guns are Fashists and over sensative silly out of touch judgementle people that havn't realized that guns are simply small scale versions of Nuclear Weapons...a deterrent to keep the bad guys away or get acquainted with the true meaning of 'BUYER BEWARE" !

I didn't mean just guns. They frown on off topic stuff except on non-football subforums where this kind of talk is okay. They also don't like profanity, unlike here.

woodbuck27
05-27-2012, 07:32 AM
I didn't mean just guns. They frown on off topic stuff except on non-football subforums where this kind of talk is okay. They also don't like profanity, unlike here.

Imagine that.

woodbuck27
05-27-2012, 08:47 AM
http://www.jsonline.com/sports/time-for-packers-to-retire-favre-drama-2a5hoo8-153873545.html

Michael Hunt

Time for Packers to retire Favre drama (http://www.jsonline.com/sports/time-for-packers-to-retire-favre-drama-2a5hoo8-153873545.html)

If I'm doing the Lambeau Field schedule, I'd reserve 4 /4 /14 as the date to stick No. 4 up there with 3, 14, 15, 66 and 92.

GO PACKERS !

Little Whiskey
05-28-2012, 10:02 PM

+1 on this one. it was one of my fav articles to read every week.

Upnorth
05-29-2012, 08:29 AM
Your the moderator now, start leaning on him. Nutz strikes me as a guy who would bend to authority figures...

ThunderDan
05-29-2012, 08:53 AM
http://www.jsonline.com/sports/time-for-packers-to-retire-favre-drama-2a5hoo8-153873545.html

Michael Hunt

Time for Packers to retire Favre drama (http://www.jsonline.com/sports/time-for-packers-to-retire-favre-drama-2a5hoo8-153873545.html)

If I'm doing the Lambeau Field schedule, I'd reserve 4 /4 /14 as the date to stick No. 4 up there with 3, 14, 15, 66 and 92.

GO PACKERS !

woodbuck27-

They do retirement ceremonies at games when the stadium is full. They will not retire his jersey in April in the middle of the dead period of the off-season.

woodbuck27
05-29-2012, 09:28 AM
Your the moderator now, start leaning on him. Nutz strikes me as a guy who would bend to authority figures...

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

woodbuck27
05-29-2012, 09:31 AM
woodbuck27-

They do retirement ceremonies at games when the stadium is full. They will not retire his jersey in April in the middle of the dead period of the off-season.

I'm the REAL Michael Hunt. No...I'm the REAL Michael Hunt. NOPE ! I'm Michael Hunt !!

I'm NOT Michael Hunt. woodbuck27

ThunderDan
05-29-2012, 10:35 AM
I'm the REAL Michael Hunt. No...I'm the REAL Michael Hunt. NOPE ! I'm Michael Hunt !!

I'm NOT Michael Hunt. woodbuck27

I must be missing something. :huh:

Bossman641
05-29-2012, 10:57 AM

Let me pull out my Canadien - English translator

Hunt was the one who suggested the date of 4/4/14 to retire Favre's jersey. WB was simply passing the message along.

ThunderDan
05-29-2012, 11:11 AM

Hunt was the one who suggested the date of 4/4/14 to retire Favre's jersey. WB was simply passing the message along.

Ahhh... thank you. I never clicked on the link to read the article. It wasn't in " " so I thought it was woodbuck's idea.

LP
05-29-2012, 12:42 PM

Sounds perfect to me. If nobody's there, nobody will boo.

Zool
05-29-2012, 12:51 PM
I assume the jersey will be taken down a couple weeks later when it want's to hang in the yet to be created Viking stadium? At which point Thompson's polo will send it to the Jets for a pair of BVD's and some Crocs. The jersey will spend a year in NY trying to get with some Victoria's Secret under ware before finally getting over to MN and fall just short of being the first jersey hung in their rafters.

woodbuck27
05-29-2012, 01:19 PM

Maybe you never heard of this game show that was very successful?

A total of 25 seasons of the various versions of 'To Tell The Truth' have been produced, just exceeding the 24 of 'What's My Line?' and the 20 of 'I've Got a Secret'.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/To_Tell_the_Truth

Game Play:

" Three challengers are introduced, all claiming to be the central character. The announcer typically asks the challengers, who stand side by side, "What is your name, please?" Each challenger then states, "My name is [central character's name]." The celebrity panelists then read along as the host reads aloud a signed affidavit about the central character.

The panelists are each given a period of time to question the challengers. Questions are directed to the challengers by number (Number One, Number Two and Number Three), with the central character sworn to give truthful answers, and the impostors permitted to lie and pretend to be the central character." Fr. LINK

ThunderDan: Michael Hunt isn't 'an imposter'.

He wrote the story... I didn't.

woodbuck27
05-29-2012, 01:26 PM

Thank You.

woodbuck27
05-29-2012, 01:30 PM
I assume the jersey will be taken down a couple weeks later when it want's to hang in the yet to be created Viking stadium? At which point Thompson's polo will send it to the Jets for a pair of BVD's and some Crocs. The jersey will spend a year in NY trying to get with some Victoria's Secret under ware before finally getting over to MN and fall just short of being the first jersey hung in their rafters.

Zool. Awesome man. Can you please clean that up a wee bit?

We might be able to use it in some new HBO format for 'really bad television'. You know ....the stuff that is available after 3 AM with ten minute commercial breaks.

Little Whiskey
05-29-2012, 03:21 PM

trying to persuade him via peer pressure and compliments. maybe if enough of us tell him how much we enjoy those, he might start again. just a thought.

MJZiggy
05-29-2012, 10:04 PM

Hey I wrote too ya know!!! :smack:

Upnorth
05-29-2012, 10:27 PM
Nutz, please bring back the articles, they were well written and thought out.
For that matter I enjoyed most of the articles and greatly respected the work put into them. As a poster who rarely stings together more than 20 words in a row kudos to all of the article writters! Thank you.

woodbuck27
05-30-2012, 05:56 AM

Again I was wrong. All this time I imagined you 'only wrote' one sentence posts. You actually composed sentences into paragraphs. Paragraphs into a story or article like format?

I always say that we must be open to learning something new every single day we live.

Awesome MJ !

Little Whiskey
05-30-2012, 07:08 AM

good point. however, I figured you'd keep writing yours. its what you do. thanks for them!! hope to see more of them.

Harlan Huckleby
05-30-2012, 08:33 AM

I think April 1 would be a good day to schedule the retirement ceremony. And then, you know, stuff happens.

woodbuck27
05-30-2012, 08:44 AM
I think it would be most approprite to conduct the jersey retirement ceremony on any day that the Chicago Bears visit Lambeau Field.

Brett Favre owned da BEARS.

Fritz
05-31-2012, 07:11 AM
Look here, people, a couple of pages ago I offered myself up as the peace pipe (so to speak) to the Favre family. I said that I would be willing to have sex with Deanna as a representative of Packer fans generally and Packerrats specifically, with Brent's permission. The giving of permission, coupled with my coupling with Deanna (and the photo opp of Brent and me, in my old #4 jersey), would represent Brent reaching out to all Packer fans and asking forgiveness. Thus the wound would finally begin to heal, and soon we would all be drinking beers in dives across the land, fondly and sloppily remembering that great and brave Oakland game after Irv passed, or reminsicing about the time Favre got a concussion, then came back - without Shermy even knowing! - after being out only one play, and throwing a TD pass. Ah, good times, good times.

So someone here mentioned starting a petition to give to Favre on my behalf. But no. No action has been taken.

I can only conclude that perhaps I have been wrong in my condemnation of Brent's actions of the last several years. Maybe it's you people who are the problem. Maybe you don't want to forgive Brent at all. Maybe you're all wallowing in your bitterness, perhaps even becoming sexually excited as you revel in Brent's manipulating, dickpicking ways.

I must reconsider my position on this issue. I have offered myself, as a sacrificial lamb. I am willing to go into Deanna's bedroom - alone, with no support from any of you - and give it my all for probably as long as thirty seconds, for the sake of you people. Yet you reject me.

Maybe this is what Jesus felt like.

George Cumby
05-31-2012, 07:34 AM
Look here, people, a couple of pages ago I offered myself up as the peace pipe (so to speak) to the Favre family. I said that I would be willing to have sex with Deanna as a representative of Packer fans generally and Packerrats specifically, with Brent's permission. The giving of permission, coupled with my coupling with Deanna (and the photo opp of Brent and me, in my old #4 jersey), would represent Brent reaching out to all Packer fans and asking forgiveness. Thus the wound would finally begin to heal, and soon we would all be drinking beers in dives across the land, fondly and sloppily remembering that great and brave Oakland game after Irv passed, or reminsicing about the time Favre got a concussion, then came back - without Shermy even knowing! - after being out only one play, and throwing a TD pass. Ah, good times, good times.

So someone here mentioned starting a petition to give to Favre on my behalf. But no. No action has been taken.

I can only conclude that perhaps I have been wrong in my condemnation of Brent's actions of the last several years. Maybe it's you people who are the problem. Maybe you don't want to forgive Brent at all. Maybe you're all wallowing in your bitterness, perhaps even becoming sexually excited as you revel in Brent's manipulating, dickpicking ways.

I must reconsider my position on this issue. I have offered myself, as a sacrificial lamb. I am willing to go into Deanna's bedroom - alone, with no support from any of you - and give it my all for probably as long as thirty seconds, for the sake of you people. Yet you reject me.

I, for one, appreciate your dedication to the greater good and the spirit of self-sacrifice displayed in your courageous offer to bed Mrs. Favre on the behalf of an ungrateful Packer Nation.

If you are Jesus in this matter, you may count me as one of your apostles, Paul perhaps? No, that doesn't work, someone more obscure. Simon, that's it, I'm Simon.

I will tread the wilderness on your behalf speaking to your misguided flock and try to show them the righteousness of your cause and the open their eyes to the light shed on the dark shadows of our souls by your coitus brevitus with Deanna.

wootah
05-31-2012, 08:59 AM

I'm willing to vote for this on a poll, Fritz. Let's make this happen. Favre was always eager to grant requests via the Make-A-Wish foundation; you should get them in the loop.

woodbuck27
05-31-2012, 11:00 AM

Ohh my GOD !! What is that stuff your smokin??

Whatever it is it must be banned for the sake of anything sensable.

Fritz reach out to Jesus at this moment. He awaits your plea. He understands your confusion.

woodbuck27
05-31-2012, 11:04 AM
I, for one, appreciate your dedication to the greater good and the spirit of self-sacrifice displayed in your courageous offer to bed Mrs. Favre on the behalf of an ungrateful Packer Nation.

If you are Jesus in this matter, you may count me as one of your apostles, Paul perhaps? No, that doesn't work, someone more obscure. Simon, that's it, I'm Simon.

I will tread the wilderness on your behalf speaking to your misguided flock and try to show them the righteousness of your cause and the open their eyes to the light shed on the dark shadows of our souls by your coitus brevitus with Deanna.

Ohh boy your using that one:

'coitus brevitus' ... the most common complaint of ... ' Women RE: Men '.

Isn't Fritz more SPECIAL than that slight?

Ohh this thread just 681 posts >>> 10,000 posts.

Amazing !

Fritz
05-31-2012, 12:04 PM
Ohh boy your using that one:

'coitus brevitus' ... the most common complaint of ... ' Women RE: Men '.

Isn't Fritz more SPECIAL than that slight?

Ohh this thread just 681 posts >>> 10,000 posts.

Amazing !

About five seconds more special, yes.

woodbuck27
06-20-2012, 10:42 AM
http://www.greenbaypressgazette.com/article/20120620/ADV02/306200198/Q-Ron-Wolf

Q. You were the man responsible for bringing quarterback Brett Favre to the Packers. How do you feel about the way the two sides parted ways?

A. I’m not familiar with any schism, because I’m not around here. He retired, and I watched all of that from Florida. And then suddenly he came back, and I always felt that was a situation that no matter what happened the Packers would never be right. There wouldn’t be any way they could be right until that thing worked itself out. Now, fortunately for Ted Thompson, Aaron Rodgers has come in and just played lights out. And you know, Brett was one timeout from taking his team in Minnesota to the Super Bowl (in 2009). To me, Brett Favre and I are like connected at the hips. I feel strong loyalty to Brett Favre. When I got here, Don Huston was the greatest player ever to play for the Green Bay Packers. I think everybody will tell you now, the greatest player ever to play for the Packers is Brett Favre. That’s his legacy. Fr. LINK

Comment woodbuck27:

Ron Wolfe leaves himself wide open in this portion of his interview. Something like walking bare assed down 'Main Street... anywhere USA' and not expecting to get arrested.

GO PACKERS !

Pugger
06-20-2012, 04:52 PM
Favre was one of the best players to don green and gold but he's still #3 behind Hutson - whom I consider #1 - and Starr.

KYPack
06-20-2012, 08:51 PM
Favre was one of the best players to don green and gold but he's still #3 behind Hutson - whom I consider #1 - and Starr.

Pug for leader.

Don is still the greatest Packer of all. The guy altered the face of Pro Football.

MadScientist
06-20-2012, 08:58 PM
Brett set all kinds of records as a Packer and deserves the honors for them, but Don did to receiving what Babe Ruth did to home runs. Utterly transforming the game, in ways that just can't be done anymore.

Smeefers
06-27-2012, 07:37 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/brett-favre-likes-aaron-rodgers-loves-drew-brees-022729041--nfl.html;_ylt=AlYn5UmwBXnTrEtpSqyHH6NDubYF

Brett loves everyone. Including Aaron Rodgers.

Gunakor
06-27-2012, 07:59 AM
He never said he loves Aaron Rodgers. He never even said he likes Aaron Rodgers. All he said was that he knew Aaron Rodgers had all the right tools to be an outstanding quarterback. The fact he speaks more favorably and at greater length about Tony fucking Romo says more than the mere lip service he paid to an undeniable fact about the guy who replaced him with great distinction as the signal caller for Green Bay.

"Look, that Tony Romo, that's ME 20 years ago!" "Hey, look at ME!" No difference. He's still full of himself.

Pugger
06-27-2012, 09:48 AM
What else CAN he say about Rodgers without sounding like a jerk? He can't be all that thrilled that the guy who made him expendable in GB just might out-do what he did as far as championships are concerned. I do agree with him about Romo. Romo is another gunslinger who has problems performing in the post season. ;-)

Zool
06-27-2012, 09:52 AM
What else CAN he say about Rodgers without sounding like a jerk? He can't be all that thrilled that the guy who made him expendable in GB just might out-do what he did as far as championships are concerned. I do agree with him about Romo. Romo is another gunslinger who has problems performing in the post season. ;-)

Tons of stats, fun guy to watch, needs a top notch D to get over the hump. Sounds a lot like Romo.

Gunakor
06-27-2012, 11:20 AM
What else CAN he say about Rodgers without sounding like a jerk? He can't be all that thrilled that the guy who made him expendable in GB just might out-do what he did as far as championships are concerned.

If he's a Packer for life, as he said just before the Jets season started in that interview or whatever, he could try to be more thrilled that the guy who made him expendable in GB just might out-do what he did as far as championships are concerned. For starters. He wears no other team's colors anymore, so if he wants to be a Packer for life, it's time to start rooting for Aaron Rodgers. Sincerely.

Fritz
06-27-2012, 11:36 AM
Don Hutson - #1 Packer of all time.

Bart Starr - #2.

Brent is more along the lines of Paul Hornung.

hoosier
06-27-2012, 12:57 PM
He never said he loves Aaron Rodgers. He never even said he likes Aaron Rodgers. All he said was that he knew Aaron Rodgers had all the right tools to be an outstanding quarterback. The fact he speaks more favorably and at greater length about Tony fucking Romo says more than the mere lip service he paid to an undeniable fact about the guy who replaced him with great distinction as the signal caller for Green Bay.

"Look, that Tony Romo, that's ME 20 years ago!" "Hey, look at ME!" No difference. He's still full of himself.

Who?

Joemailman
06-27-2012, 04:46 PM

You're finding negative things to point at in Favre's quotes because you want to find negative things. He was completely complimentary about Rodgers, but that's not enough for some people. Who cares if he likes Rodgers or not? He didn't say he likes Brady, Manning or Brees either. He just said they were great quarterbacks. He said the same thing about Rodgers. He actually didn't even mention Romo until Deion brought up Romo's name. So maybe he likes Romo better than the others. Romo seems like a pretty cool guy to me. (Even though his owner is an ass).

pbmax
06-27-2012, 05:30 PM
I don't expect him to like Rodgers. Took years for Montana and Young to come to terms and it will be the same with these two.

But I do wish amends could be made between the team and 4 THEN he go interview crazy. But we don't have control over it, it'll just have to run its course.

RashanGary
06-28-2012, 01:16 AM
My favorite part was when he said he was like Tony Romo because Romo was carrying the team on his back :) :) :)

Practice some humility, Brett. Sheesh. And show some respect for the players that played around you. It seems like the really great ones go down thanking those around them, saying there was no way they could have done it without their team mates. Favre talks about a great player being able to do it with junk around him. Come on, Brett. . . . .

RashanGary
06-28-2012, 01:19 AM
Favre might go down as the second greatest QB on his team in Green Bay. That possibility would get the worst out of me too, I think, if I had done all that Favre has done.

RashanGary
06-28-2012, 01:38 AM
It seems like the subtle pot-shots from both these guys never ends. The difference is Favre's message is how great he was and how much talent AR has around him, and AR's pot shots are about how selfish Favre was as a player (really nothing to do with how good he was.)

Favre is narcissistic, to the point where he needs that outside approval. You can see it. AR seems to have a more healthy narcissism. I can't picture AR being bitter and taking pot-shots at the next guy for having too much around him. I can't see him ever comparing himself to a player who has garbage players around him and saying that's what shows how great he is. I don't think AR will care much if he's considered the best Packer ever or the 10th. I just don't think he needs the approval the way Favre does. I know Favre isn't being as stupid as he was during the Jen Sturger thing and all of the other drama in those final years of his career, but the more he talks, the more he shows himself to be a true, self-centered ass-hole.

For a great player, AR walked into the single greatest situation, maybe ever for a QB. He followed up a guy who treated him like shit and wanted him gone, a guy who ditched team work to sit home, a guy who had his own locker room, and everyone knew it, a guy who clearly, if not explicately held the team hostage for the last couple years of his career, a guy who ended up being in a sext scandal where his penis was posted all across the web along with voice mails that paint him in the most disgusting light to a not-so classy media girl right in the middle of the switch and a guy who was considered to be one of the greatest players of our era. Anything AR did, he would have been given the excuse that it's hard to live up to Favre. TT on the other hand would have been crucified. On top of those intangible things, AR came into a team that was built to win for the next 5-10 years and a GM who seems to be capable of making sure AR has a dominant cast for his whole career. He has the best set of receiving weapons in the NFL. He has a darn good OL right now. Outside of running back, the Packers have the most talented offense in the league.

If he wasn't great, the Favre fans would have hated him forever, but I think nationally he would have been liked. The fact that he did turn out great, it's only exaggerated by the whole draft thing but mostly by the way Favre destroyed all of the respect he had built up in one of the most horrific throw-himself-under-the-bus 3 year fiasco's in sports history. Favre walked into a situation where he had an excellent supporting cast, in a new FA era, on a historic team that hadn't won in a couple decades. That was a great situation, a situation that made him look like a hero. Fuck, he couldn't leave good enough alone. As great of a hero-potential pot as he was tossed into, he made damn sure to give the next guy a better one. AR looks like more of a hero that he even is, and Favre has himself to thank for that.

Favre, sir, you are a retard. You could have gone down as an all time great, and a hero. Now you're probably going to go down as one of the biggest douche bags to wear a Packer uniform and be completely overshadowed as a person, and maybe as a player, by the guy who replaced you. Had he shut up and shown some class, history would have viewed the guys careers more separately, and certainly with less bias (similar to Montana/Young.) Now, even Favres playing career, as great as it was, is going to get slandered and mis-perceived by how big of a dick-wad he is. People can't separate the emotional part from the realities of what happened. Favre's play, as irrational is it may sound, is going to be remembered in a lower light because of his antics as a person. Had he gone down a hero, you would have seen highlights of his greatness and not the interceptions at the end. Because of the way he went down, you might see the poor aspects of his game, and of his personality highlighted more-so than the good. Not only that, because of they way he went down, the next guy is going to be exaggerated in the exact opposite direction and it's going to be done in a contrasting fashion, almost like a political campaign, except completely one sided.

Favre will never be remembered for as great as he was. Rodgers will forever be remembered greater than he even is. And all of the perception skew, Favre can place squarely on his shoulders, the same shoulders he believes carried the team for 16 years. He should have been casting a shadow over Rodgers career, instead he cast an eerie shadow over his own career. Oh, and he deserves it.

Gunakor
06-28-2012, 04:15 AM
You're finding negative things to point at in Favre's quotes because you want to find negative things. He was completely complimentary about Rodgers, but that's not enough for some people. Who cares if he likes Rodgers or not? He didn't say he likes Brady, Manning or Brees either. He just said they were great quarterbacks. He said the same thing about Rodgers. He actually didn't even mention Romo until Deion brought up Romo's name. So maybe he likes Romo better than the others. Romo seems like a pretty cool guy to me. (Even though his owner is an ass).

I'm finding Brett's being more complimentary toward a QB for a hated rival that isn't in Aaron Rodgers' league than he is toward Rodgers himself as a negative. Absolutely. He's a Packer for life, remember? That's what he said anyway.

What I'd LOVE to hear from him is that he's completely in Aaron Rodgers' corner and hopes he wins as many rings as his fingers can hold. I want Favre to publicly become Rodgers' biggest fan, just like Bart Starr publicly became Favre's biggest fan. I want him to shout it in front of every camera around while wearing a cheesehead and a #12 Packers jersey. I want Favre to actually BE a Packer for life before he calls himself one. Once he's a Packer for life, lifelong Packers and Packer fans will welcome him back with open arms. Maybe that's too much to ask. But if that's too much to ask, honestly, Favre's desire to be a Packer for life is also too much to ask.

Pugger
06-28-2012, 07:06 AM
I'm finding Brett's being more complimentary toward a QB for a hated rival that isn't in Aaron Rodgers' league than he is toward Rodgers himself as a negative. Absolutely. He's a Packer for life, remember? That's what he said anyway.

What I'd LOVE to hear from him is that he's completely in Aaron Rodgers' corner and hopes he wins as many rings as his fingers can hold. I want Favre to publicly become Rodgers' biggest fan, just like Bart Starr publicly became Favre's biggest fan. I want him to shout it in front of every camera around while wearing a cheesehead and a #12 Packers jersey. I want Favre to actually BE a Packer for life before he calls himself one. Once he's a Packer for life, lifelong Packers and Packer fans will welcome him back with open arms. Maybe that's too much to ask. But if that's too much to ask, honestly, Favre's desire to be a Packer for life is also too much to ask.

I don't see that happening. I doubt Favre blames Rodgers for the drama of 2008 but I would find it rather phony if Favre started donning a #12 jersey. :lol: It will take time before these 2 gentlemen are cordial to one another like Montana and Young are now.

Smeefers
06-28-2012, 08:49 AM
Man. Looks like JH has some pent up frustration.

As for Favre becoming Arod's biggest fan, that's not going to happen. They're too close. It's easy to sit back from the glory years and know you're place in history is cemented and cheer for the best QB the franchise has seen since you... 20 years ago. It's an entirely different thing to be replaced by a guy when you still wanted to play. I don't expect him to wear the #12 jersey, but I do expect him to play nice and that's all I really want.

Deputy Nutz
06-28-2012, 10:18 AM
Smeefers, that last post doesn't make you such a loser.

I love how you all hang on every word that flows from Favre's mouth. It is priceless. Some real hard hitting unbiased opinions on here.

Bossman641
06-28-2012, 01:10 PM

JH, I disagree with a large percentage of your post. You claim Rodgers walked into a perfect situation? I couldn't disagree more. He had the pro-Favre crowd breathing down his neck ready to absolutely pounce on him if he failed. Let's not forget the stories about little kids swearing at him at training camp. I don't think it's a stretch to say many of the Favre fans wanted Rodgers to fail. If Rodgers had come out and stuggled, the media and Packer fans (not just Favre fans) would have crucified TT for pissing away a SB chance. Rodgers had a TON of pressure on him and lesser QB's would have certainly wilted.

I also think a lot of Favre's antics will be forgotten as time passes as well, and he will be remembered for the risk-taking country boy that Madden and others liked to pass him off for. Most NFL fans won't remember the timeline of everything that happened from January 2008 onward.

swede
06-28-2012, 01:39 PM
Most NFL fans won't remember the timeline of everything that happened from January 2008 onward.

So we never forget... (http://www.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/22475988/23625835)

January, 2006: It begins. Favre drops the word "undecided" on an ESPN Sunday Conversation , stating that if he "had to pick right now," he's "not coming back."

April, 2006: Just your everyday harmless decision NOT to retire, as Favre announces he'll be playing with the Packers once again. Everyone in Green Bay takes shots of beercheese to celebrate. The Onion , obviously wise before the rest of the world, mocks Favre for his indecision.

May 6, 2006: Favre holds a press conference in which he renounces his comments that he would retire after 2006 and states that he may keep playing past that year.

December 2006: Favre nearly cries on television after getting a standing ovation from the freaking Bears FANS during the final game of the 2006 season, because everyone understands he's actually retiring this time.

February 2007: I'm so excited. I just can't hide it. And so is Brett, as the 37-year-old unretires. Again.

January 2008: Packers lose to the Giants in the NFC Championship Game, but MY GOD, what a way to go out for a true legend, huh? A 13-3 record, MVP chatter, everyone forgetting that he basically did the same thing as Michael Jordan on the Wizards ... just legendary stuff in terms of timing if he retires now.

March 2008: Favre weeps while giving an awesome retirement speech , stating that he has "no regrets" because he "played the game one way" -- "the only way [he] knew how."

July 2008: Favre gets an "itch" to play again. RUH. ROH. Suddenly, Favre was "never fully committed" to retiring and the Packers and No. 4 are involved in a very public and awkward melee that results in Favre telling Fox News that the Packers "pressured" him and that they should let him "play elsewhere."

August 2008: Bretty's granted reinstatement by the NFL! He then harasses Green Bay in training camp until they trade him to the Jets.

September 2008: Favre throws six touchdowns (a career high!) as the Jets throttle the Cardinals and appear to be rolling towards the playoffs.

December 2008: Favre melts down during the stretch run, as the Jets go 1-3 and miss the playoffs.

February 2009: Favre retires. FOR THE ELEVENTY BILLIONTH TIME. He jokes, "I have no reason to wonder why you would be so skeptical."

April 2009: The Jets, ready to go in a "different direction," release Favre.

May 2009: Favre has surgery. Because, obviously, that's what people who are retired and want to ride on tractors do, right?

June 2009: Inexplicably, Favre considers playing for the Packers arch-rival, the Vikings. This is considered something along the lines of finding out that George Washington is actually French.

July 2009: Favre decides NOT to join Vikings, thus ending the retiring the possibility that he would retire from retirement. Or something.

August 2009: Favre UNRETIRES, joins the Vikings.

October 2009: Favre gets booed at Lambeau Field and then proceeds to beat the Green Bay Packers.

January 2010: Ole' No. 4 wins a playoff game at age 40 and sings "Pants on the Ground" in the locker room . Then he proceeds to throw an interception to end the Vikings shot at a Super Bowl.

Fritz
06-28-2012, 02:43 PM

By golly, it's all coming back to me now.

Look, we had joy, we had fun, we had seasons in the sun.

But the stars on the beach are just starfish out of reach. And stuff.

I think Brent still harbors some resentment toward the Pack and Rodgers, based on his gushing over Romo and Brady, and based on his polite but reserved comments regarding Rodgers.

Do you invite that guy back for a retirement ceremony? I dunno. Seems like it'd be more tense than fun. And retirement ceremonies should be fun.

Upnorth
06-28-2012, 04:35 PM
By golly, it's all coming back to me now.

Look, we had joy, we had fun, we had seasons in the sun.

But the stars on the beach are just starfish out of reach. And stuff.

I think Brent still harbors some resentment toward the Pack and Rodgers, based on his gushing over Romo and Brady, and based on his polite but reserved comments regarding Rodgers.

Do you invite that guy back for a retirement ceremony? I dunno. Seems like it'd be more tense than fun. And retirement ceremonies should be fun.

Just hold a series of them each year for 4 years. By the time the 4th on occurs we will be really good at it from all th epratice and it might actually be fun by then,

Pugger
06-28-2012, 05:25 PM
Yes, we should keep scheduling retirement ceremonies for him but then change our minds as often as he "retired". :lol:

swede
06-28-2012, 05:25 PM
Just hold a series of them each year for 4 years. By the time the 4th on occurs we will be really good at it from all th epratice and it might actually be fun by then,

Genius!

I might add to that a wrinkle: schedule a ceremony in 2013, call Brint at the airport and call it off. Then do a series of annual events retiring his Jets and Viking jerseys in 2014 and 2015. By 2016 the venom will be purged and we can enjoy the 20th anniversary.

gbgary
06-29-2012, 12:48 AM
What else CAN he say about Rodgers without sounding like a jerk?
he can't say anything without sounding like a jerk...because that's exactly what he is. people need to stop asking him questions.

pbmax
06-30-2012, 02:14 PM
Each of their stories and public perception is intertwined with their respective approaches.

Favre felt taking risks was often necessary on some of his teams because he believed he was the only one capable of pulling it off. Rodgers feels like taking unnecessary risks (and some necessary ones) simply undermine the efforts of the whole.

Neither is optimal. Favre both won and lost games on the strength of his belief in his arm (see Rams playoff game or 4th and 26). Rodgers has shown risk aversion at times when it wasn't prudent. Mr. Blonde, the otherwise vitriolic Game Day Thread complainer, correctly pointed out that Rodgers sack on 4th down near the end of the Giants playoff game was completely unproductive. A heave anywhere but OOB would have been more productive in 95% of possible outcomes.

Favre likens his situation to Romo but he still fails to see the downside. Rodgers, and this is the trait that may separate him from the rest, seems to still be learning.

packrulz
07-02-2012, 05:37 AM
GREEN BAY – Mike Sherman – a guy who knows a thing or two about having hard feelings toward the Green Bay Packers organization – believes that iconic quarterback Brett Favre and the franchise will reconcile eventually.

Sherman, who served as the Packers head coach from 2000 through 2005 and held the dual role of being the team’s general manager from 2001 through 2004, told the Boston Globe’s Greg Bedard that he expects the two sides to come together despite their ugly breakup during the summer of 2008.

Sherman, now offensive coordinator with the Miami Dolphins under former Packers assistant Joe Philbin, was relieved of his general manager duties following the 2004 season, when then-president/CEO Bob Harlan hired current GM Ted Thompson. Thompson then fired Sherman, who had considered coaching the Packers his dream job, after the Packers went 4-12 in 2005.

"I think time will pass and everything will be made right," said Sherman, who spent eight seasons with the Packers during Favre’s tenure, first as tight ends coach (1997, 1998) and then as head coach. "Green Bay has meant too much to him as a player and as a person and he's been too much for them.

"I know there's some hard feelings, maybe on both sides, but at the same time I think with time that all dissipates and he'll be welcomed back with open arms. The dust just has to settle a little bit and the pain of his exit has to heal a little bit and I think he'll be what he was. He was an icon.

"I know he loved his time in Green Bay and has phenomenal memories. I know that he cherishes every single Sunday that he went out that tunnel to the cheers of those fans. I think eventually that will heal up and be put in the past."

LP
07-02-2012, 01:40 PM
"I knew when I left, this guy has all of the tools; he can beat you with his feet, he has a great arm, extremely accurate, handles the cast around him perfectly," Favre told Sanders.

I think it would have been interesting if Sanders would have followed up with something like, "If you knew all this, were there any seeds of doubt planted in your mind on whether or not you could win a true, open QB competition in camp in 2008?"

Pugger
07-02-2012, 08:01 PM
"I knew when I left, this guy has all of the tools; he can beat you with his feet, he has a great arm, extremely accurate, handles the cast around him perfectly," Favre told Sanders.

I think it would have been interesting if Sanders would have followed up with something like, "If you knew all this, were there any seeds of doubt planted in your mind on whether or not you could win a true, open QB competition in camp in 2008?"

I truly believe Favre did have doubts and this is why he retired in 2008 the first time and why he scoffed at the notion when Greta asked him if he'd be interested in competing for his old job. I'm sure he did not not want to risk being anybody's back-up.

pbmax
07-03-2012, 01:39 PM
Hmmm, a previous assertion of irrefutable logic is called into question. Favre resisting attending Mike Holmgren's induction into the Packer HOF?

Original Story from Wilde interviewing Bob Harlan: http://www.espnmilwaukee.com/page.php?page_id=278
PFT's take: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/07/03/packers-hall-of-fame-reaches-out-to-brett-favre/

Tweet during interview I think: https://twitter.com/jasonjwilde/status/220160526498529280
Jason Wilde ‏@jasonjwilde
Bob Harlan says Brett Favre should be in the @PackersHoF before @ProFootballHoF, suggests Favre should come back for Holmgren induction.

Wilde thinks Harlan is the man to bridge the gap: http://espnmilwaukee.com/common/more.php?m=49&action=blog&r=40&post_id=7568

Pugger
07-03-2012, 01:50 PM
None of this surprises me. I contend Favre will NOT step foot in Green Bay as long as Ted, McCarthy and Murphy are still running things at 1265. And for some fans more time should pass before their is any reconciliation.

Zool
07-03-2012, 02:22 PM
Fuck him

ThunderDan
07-03-2012, 03:42 PM
Hmmm, a previous assertion of irrefutable logic is called into question. Favre resisting attending Mike Holmgren's induction into the Packer HOF?

Original Story from Wilde interviewing Bob Harlan: http://www.espnmilwaukee.com/page.php?page_id=278
PFT's take: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/07/03/packers-hall-of-fame-reaches-out-to-brett-favre/

Tweet during interview I think: https://twitter.com/jasonjwilde/status/220160526498529280
Jason Wilde ‏@jasonjwilde
Bob Harlan says Brett Favre should be in the @PackersHoF before @ProFootballHoF, suggests Favre should come back for Holmgren induction.

Wilde thinks Harlan is the man to bridge the gap: http://espnmilwaukee.com/common/more.php?m=49&action=blog&r=40&post_id=7568

Looks like Packers are making the first move. Now we will see if Favre is man enough to accept it.

gbgary
07-03-2012, 09:05 PM
Fuck him

THIS! the asshole just needs to be ignored.

Pugger
07-04-2012, 06:44 AM
I hope he declines. If he does come he'll become the focus and it should be about Holmgren and his induction into the Packer HOF.

Upnorth
07-04-2012, 09:35 AM
I hope he declines. If he does come he'll become the focus and it should be about Holmgren and his induction into the Packer HOF.

I agree with you 100% pugger. :tup:

Joemailman
07-04-2012, 10:52 PM
I think you guys have it all wrong. If he declines, that will be a bigger story than if he is present. He should be there, and I expect he will be.

George Cumby
07-05-2012, 08:19 AM
Gazette reporting that Bus apparently didn't return the Committee's call.

Stay Classy, Bus. Stay Classy.

Lurker64
07-05-2012, 03:08 PM
I think the opinions of people who weren't in the Packers organization during the Favreageddon of the summer of 2008 are pretty irrelevant when it comes to how the Packers organization should deal with Favre.

TT, MM, or Favre has to make the first move if there's going to be a reconciliation, what Bob Harlan or Mike Sherman thinks about this is pretty irrelevant.

ThunderDan
07-05-2012, 03:50 PM
I think the opinions of people who weren't in the Packers organization during the Favreageddon of the summer of 2008 are pretty irrelevant when it comes to how the Packers organization should deal with Favre.

TT, MM, or Favre has to make the first move if there's going to be a reconciliation, what Bob Harlan or Mike Sherman thinks about this is pretty irrelevant.

I have a feeling it will be TT who starts the conversation. The man has no ego. He does everything for the betterment of the team. Hell, we won the Super Bowl and he lets Murphy carry the trophy and he just stands behind everyone on the podium.

pbmax
07-05-2012, 07:08 PM
This thread will be truly impressive if we can get it to 10,000 posts before the Hall of Fame or his jersey retirement with no filler. Such as posts about the post count.

gbgary
07-05-2012, 10:14 PM
he might end up in the nfl hof before he's in the Packers Hall of Fame. when he is allowed in, it won't be pretty. i'll bet the boos out weigh the cheering. if he knows what's good for him he'll stay away and save himself the embarrassment. would be funny if everyone sat on their hands, quiet. with just a smattering of cheering from the crowd when he's introduced.

Lurker64
07-05-2012, 11:05 PM
I have a feeling it will be TT who starts the conversation. The man has no ego. He does everything for the betterment of the team. Hell, we won the Super Bowl and he lets Murphy carry the trophy and he just stands behind everyone on the podium.

It's also possible that TT just plans on retiring before he really has to deal with it, and just leave the Favre mess for the next guy.

It's entirely likely that Favre won't really be welcome back at Lambeau until both TT and MM have moved on, unless Favre extends an olive branch (or tree, or grove) first.

swede
07-06-2012, 08:42 AM
It's entirely likely that Favre won't really be welcome back at Lambeau until both TT and MM have moved on, unless Favre extends an olive branch (or tree, or grove) first.

Lurker, I like your posts, and I often notice new angles in them that make me think.

But this last post presupposes that TT and MM are the parties being difficult and that Favre is the one who will need to make extraordinary efforts to overcome hostility of the TT regime.

Is that really what you mean and you and I are that far apart on a reading of the motivations and actions between the Packers and the Favres?

#thanksted

Zool
07-06-2012, 09:10 AM
Lurker, I like your posts, and I often notice new angles in them that make me think.

But this last post presupposes that TT and MM are the parties being difficult and that Favre is the one who will need to make extraordinary efforts to overcome hostility of the TT regime.

Is that really what you mean and you and I are that far apart on a reading of the motivations and actions between the Packers and the Favres?

#thanksted

I take it as they could care less if Favre is in the PHOF or not so they arent going to make a big effort to make it happen.

pbmax
07-06-2012, 09:25 AM
Thompson's retirement could very well be on Favre's radar, but these grudges do not always end well or when they are supposed to.

Bradshaw is still mad at the Steelers over the end of his career. He used to blame Noll and the training staff for pushing him to play while hurt and too soon after surgery, but they are all gone now. Despite a few rapprochements, the last comments I heard indicated Bradshaw still considers himself estranged.

Its the damnedest thing too, as unlike Favre who wanted a second title, Bradshaw had no more to gain. 4 Super Bowl wins pretty much remove you from criticism (he also has an AP MVP award). There is something about the former Steelers QB that seems unhappy about his career. He is also still mad about insults to his intelligence when he was a young player.

Joemailman
07-06-2012, 09:55 AM
I take it as they could care less if Favre is in the PHOF or not so they arent going to make a big effort to make it happen.

It's not their (TT & MM) role to deal with the Favre situation. They're in charge of football operations, and are preparing for the coming season. The last thing they want is the distraction that comes with the Favre situation. This is Murphy's job, and he seems to be trying to at least set the stage for some sort of reconcilement.

Patler
07-06-2012, 10:39 AM
Thompson's retirement could very well be on Favre's radar, but these grudges do not always end well or when they are supposed to.

Bradshaw is still mad at the Steelers over the end of his career. He used to blame Noll and the training staff for pushing him to play while hurt and too soon after surgery, but they are all gone now. Despite a few rapprochements, the last comments I heard indicated Bradshaw still considers himself estranged.

Its the damnedest thing too, as unlike Favre who wanted a second title, Bradshaw had no more to gain. 4 Super Bowl wins pretty much remove you from criticism (he also has an AP MVP award). There is something about the former Steelers QB that seems unhappy about his career. He is also still mad about insults to his intelligence when he was a young player.

I think Bradshaw has always felt that the Steelers never fully appreciated or respected him. He was a 5 year vet, and they tried to replace him as a starter with Joe Gilliam. I don't think he ever got over that. For most of his career, the media portrayed Bradshaw as a mere cog in the machine driven by the defense and the running game. Even in the passing game, Swann and Stallworth were portrayed as flawless, Bradshaw as the country rube who chucked it up in their general direction. The team did nothing to try to change the public's image of Bradshaw. Bradshaw has commented to the effect that the team didn't back him in those matters.

Personally, I think Bradshaw was a good leader and a tough SOB who fit the Steeler mold quite well at the time. As for his QB skills ... just so-so, but with a very strong arm. In spite of the HOF and other awards, I don't think he ever performed individually as well as he wanted to or thought he could have, and in the twisted logic common among pro athletes, he blames the organization for not being viewed as the greatest QB ever.

Fritz
07-07-2012, 08:57 AM
I blame Packerrats for me not being considered the greatest poster ever.

pbmax
07-07-2012, 10:14 AM
I think Bradshaw has always felt that the Steelers never fully appreciated or respected him. He was a 5 year vet, and they tried to replace him as a starter with Joe Gilliam. I don't think he ever got over that. For most of his career, the media portrayed Bradshaw as a mere cog in the machine driven by the defense and the running game. Even in the passing game, Swann and Stallworth were portrayed as flawless, Bradshaw as the country rube who chucked it up in their general direction. The team did nothing to try to change the public's image of Bradshaw. Bradshaw has commented to the effect that the team didn't back him in those matters.

Personally, I think Bradshaw was a good leader and a tough SOB who fit the Steeler mold quite well at the time. As for his QB skills ... just so-so, but with a very strong arm. In spite of the HOF and other awards, I don't think he ever performed individually as well as he wanted to or thought he could have, and in the twisted logic common among pro athletes, he blames the organization for not being viewed as the greatest QB ever.

Bradshaw might never have flourished in today' offenses. He did not play in a manner that made you think he could be precise with a 3 and 5 step drop passing game. Of course, I am sure he would argue that with the right coaching, he could have done anything. I tend to think of his skills as pretty good, but he was a throwback compared to Joe Montana. He had more in common with Namath and Fouts and Fouts got to run an entirely different kind of offense.

But as a fan whose team was a victim of Bradshaw more times than I care to remember, he was more than fully capable of taking advantage of new passing rules in 1978. I don't remember the cog in the machine kind of coverage, but I was reading one group of writers seeking to deify an entire team (Pittsburgh) and another group (Cleveland) wondering how the hell the Browns had allowed the worst franchise in the league to surpass them. Neither group was busy denigrating Bradshaw by the time I was reading them.

With 2 Super Bowl MVPs (and the AP MVP) coming in the years where his passing sustained the team far more than rushing or defense (even the vaunted Steel Curtain wasn't as good as the pass offense in 77, 79 and 80), its not like he lacked for attention over his accomplishments. I have little doubt however, that this latter career recognition never erased the sting of previous doubts. It also might help explain why he was so downcast about not being able to continue his career in the 80s.

Nearly forgot about Gilliam, though I do remember Bradshaw was back as QB by the Super Bowl and threw all of ten times in that game (vs Vikings?).

Cheesehead Craig
07-09-2012, 10:04 AM
I blame Packerrats for me not being considered the greatest poster ever.

It's really Brett's fault. If it wasn't for all the energy being put into this thread I'm sure there would be an equally long thread posted for your greatness. The universe could only handle one thread like this and he beat you out.

Fritz
07-10-2012, 12:48 PM
I think you're onto something. It's all Brent's fault.

I want to be released so I can sign on with the Vikings' board.

swede
07-10-2012, 01:30 PM

You would never endanger your legacy. I won't believe it until Rastak drives you to the Minneapolis Applebees for a simple conversation, and if the Packerrats playbook happens to come up in that conversation...it wouldn't really be tampering.

pbmax
07-10-2012, 06:24 PM
You would never endanger your legacy. I won't believe it until Rastak drives you to the Minneapolis Applebees for a simple conversation, and if the Packerrats playbook happens to come up in that conversation...it wouldn't really be tampering.

I trust Rastak. But MNGolf, hoo boy, how can you trust someone who golfs?

MadtownPacker
07-10-2012, 07:26 PM
You MFers quit having fun and get back to petty bickering!

Upnorth
07-10-2012, 09:09 PM

Typical eskimo's fan, always bringing the party down!

Pugger
07-11-2012, 11:41 AM

:lol:

Guiness
07-11-2012, 12:38 PM
I trust Rastak. But MNGolf, hoo boy, how can you trust someone who golfs?

He golfed? I thought he drove a Volkswagen.

Zool
07-11-2012, 01:04 PM

He drove a Volkswagen? I thought he was a body of water surrounded on 3 sides by land.

Upnorth
07-11-2012, 01:26 PM

Golf is a volkswagon, man you sure don't know cars!:grin:

Guiness
07-11-2012, 03:29 PM
Golf is a volkswagon, man you sure don't know cars!:grin:

I'm sure I don't know what you're talking about.

www.volkswagen.ca

KYPack
07-12-2012, 08:41 AM
I didn't know this one....

Quote on

Although special-teams players are usually disregarded, former NFL punter Jeff Feagles still owns the league record for most consecutive games played at 352 games ahead of Favre’s 299.

Quote off

Poor Brint, he can't hold on to shit!

LP
07-12-2012, 12:36 PM
Beat out by a punter. Thats gotta hurt.

Gunakor
07-12-2012, 01:24 PM
Punters aren't even football players. Sure, we give them a helmet and a jersey and a 6 figure contract to make them feel good, but they're not football players. The real football players that line up facing the punter on 4th down get a 15 yard personal foul just for TOUCHING the damn punter! I'm as hard on Brett as anyone but seriously...

George Cumby
07-12-2012, 03:14 PM
He drove a Volkswagen? I thought he was a body of water surrounded on 3 sides by land.

Took me a minute..... or two......

Joemailman
07-12-2012, 06:42 PM

That would be a gulf. Not that I'm correcting a moderator or anything.

Rutnstrut
07-12-2012, 09:57 PM
I didn't know this one....

Quote on

Although special-teams players are usually disregarded, former NFL punter Jeff Feagles still owns the league record for most consecutive games played at 352 games ahead of Favre’s 299.

Quote off

Poor Brint, he can't hold on to shit!

Really you're argument is a punter? Even coaches see more contact than the freaking punter.

KYPack
07-13-2012, 07:43 AM
Really you're argument is a punter? Even coaches see more contact than the freaking punter.

Well, before you go strutting around trying to rut with everybody, know this. My post isn't an arguement, it's a fact. Favor's record is held in about 100 times more esteem than Feagles' is. But, in fact, Jeff Feagles still owns the league record for most consecutive games played at 352 games ahead of Favre’s 299.

That fact falls into the category of minutiae or trivia. Like a joke, Rut.

It still might be useful in a bar room bet some time, ya know?

Zool
07-13-2012, 09:37 AM
That would be a gulf. Not that I'm correcting a moderator or anything.

It was a stretch. I like a good homonym now and then.

Little Whiskey
07-13-2012, 10:38 AM
I like a good homonym now and then.

is that made with chickpeas?

Rutnstrut
07-15-2012, 05:04 PM
Well, before you go strutting around trying to rut with everybody, know this. My post isn't an arguement, it's a fact. Favor's record is held in about 100 times more esteem than Feagles' is. But, in fact, Jeff Feagles still owns the league record for most consecutive games played at 352 games ahead of Favre’s 299.

That fact falls into the category of minutiae or trivia. Like a joke, Rut.

It still might be useful in a bar room bet some time, ya know?

It already has been useful, I have a buddy that is a self proclaimed stat god. It was a lot of fun winning a case of beer from him with this little nugget;)

Bretsky
07-18-2012, 06:58 PM
There is a two part special on the NFL Network of Deon Sanders interviwing Brett Favre is anybody wants to watch. Form the highlights Favre comes accross like a smug piece of shit

gbgary
07-18-2012, 11:16 PM
I like a good homonym now and then.

I hate grits!

;)

Kiwon
07-19-2012, 07:58 AM
There is a two part special on the NFL Network of Deon Sanders interviwing Brett Favre is anybody wants to watch. Form the highlights Favre comes accross like a smug piece of shit

Brett Favre's five favorite words..."I, me, my, Brett Favre."

George Cumby
07-19-2012, 08:23 AM

Sounds about as much fun as stabbing myself in the eye with a tent stake.

Fritz
07-19-2012, 10:00 AM
Whatever happened to that "Aw shucks" guy we thought we knew and loved?

Upnorth
07-19-2012, 12:30 PM
Sounds about as much fun as stabbing myself in the eye with a tent stake.

Metal or plastic? Once or repeatedly? Details man details!

sharpe1027
07-19-2012, 12:37 PM

Hold on now. You're way ahead of yourself. Let's start by talking about retirement for a few years. Then you need to actually retire and unretire. There should also be a younger poster ready to take your place. We'll setup your Greta interview after that.

Rutnstrut
07-19-2012, 07:44 PM

You must have been watching a different special than I was. It was well done and Brett never seemed smug, but most on here whine no matter what he does.

Packers4Glory
07-19-2012, 08:34 PM

I think things started to fall apart and he just ripped the wheels off and everything just snowballed into a giant shit sandwich he just couldn't stop eating.

Joemailman
07-19-2012, 09:06 PM
Didn't hear the interview, but from reading some of the transcripts, it sounds like Favre has no intention of reconciling with the Packers as long as Thompson is around. Too bad he's still bitter, but that's his choice and his problem.

pbmax
07-19-2012, 09:11 PM
He did seem to honestly admit that the money was too good to turn down in 2010, when asked why he returned for that year. Seems very reasonable. But I'd bet it wasn't the only reason.

George Cumby
07-19-2012, 10:30 PM
Didn't hear the interview, but from reading some of the transcripts, it sounds like Favre has no intention of reconciling with the Packers as long as Thompson is around. Too bad he's still bitter, but that's his choice and his problem.

Truly. Too bad for him. Forgiveness can be a powerful healing force.

gbgary
07-21-2012, 02:22 PM

coaching high school ball in mississippi.

Cheesehead Craig
07-21-2012, 11:44 PM
Some of the radio guys here in the Twin Cities thought he was typical Favre in the interview about 2010. He came out and said that he knew that the magic wasn't going to happen again, said that things just wouldn't fall into place, mentioned some items but never brought up that he simply played poorly.

pbmax
07-22-2012, 09:22 AM
Some of the radio guys here in the Twin Cities thought he was typical Favre in the interview about 2010. He came out and said that he knew that the magic wasn't going to happen again, said that things just wouldn't fall into place, mentioned some items but never brought up that he simply played poorly.

Self evaluation wasn't his strong suit in the latter half of his career. I wonder if its possible to play QB at a high level for an entire career without eventually succumbing to defensiveness or the urge to collect veteran FAs like a magpie with shiny objects.

Its probably part and parcel with players who have trouble adjusting to life after football. They don't wish to leave the spotlight, but everything about their profession tells them it will be over very soon.

Fritz
07-25-2012, 06:08 AM
It's really weird to me to imagine if he'd actually stayed retired after that 13-3 surprise season. He'd be worshipped in Green Bay, with all kinds of "what ifs" and wondering what might've happened if only he'd have come back for one more year. People would have been sad and wistful and loved him for his dedication, for stepping out while near the top of his game, for his love for Green Bay. He would have been seen as a hero, a guy who overcame a prescription drug and alcohol addiction, who overcame his father's death, who settled down and became a family man. He would have been beloved.

But I suppose I've fucked up many, many times in my life, made poor decisions. Luckily I'm not in the spotlight.

ThunderDan
07-25-2012, 09:33 AM
He did seem to honestly admit that the money was too good to turn down in 2010, when asked why he returned for that year. Seems very reasonable. But I'd bet it wasn't the only reason.

Hard to imagine someone with over $150,000,000 in career earnings needed another year of "good" money. It seems like an easy out to say that.

Nothing wrong will working a couple of extra years but I am guessing his family is set for at least 3 generations without the last two years.

HowardRoark
07-25-2012, 09:42 AM
Hard to imagine someone with over $150,000,000 in career earnings needed another year of "good" money. It seems like an easy out to say that.

Nothing wrong will working a couple of extra years but I am guessing his family is set for at least 3 generations without the last two years.

Deanna doesn't pay her bills.

Deputy Nutz
07-25-2012, 12:33 PM
It's really weird to me to imagine if he'd actually stayed retired after that 13-3 surprise season. He'd be worshipped in Green Bay, with all kinds of "what ifs" and wondering what might've happened if only he'd have come back for one more year. People would have been sad and wistful and loved him for his dedication, for stepping out while near the top of his game, for his love for Green Bay. He would have been seen as a hero, a guy who overcame a prescription drug and alcohol addiction, who overcame his father's death, who settled down and became a family man. He would have been beloved.

But I suppose I've fucked up many, many times in my life, made poor decisions. Luckily I'm not in the spotlight.

He couldn't walk away, he felt he was so close to winning a championship, and he couldn't let it go. He loved winning, he loved the cheers, and he loved the game. He was addicted and like so many other addictions you don't stop them until your body shuts down on itself. He wasn't concerned with his legacy, or at least the expectations that other people had for his legacy. 20 years of stardom and living as everyone else's hero and poster boy, and saint and sinner people have their opinions some of them fair, but regardless of spectrum most of them are now ridiculous. He still can't take a shit without Packer Fan commenting on it, and making it the talk of their sports day.

Cleft Crusty
07-25-2012, 01:14 PM
He couldn't walk away, he felt he was so close to winning a championship, and he couldn't let it go. He loved winning, he loved the cheers, and he loved the game. He was addicted and like so many other addictions you don't stop them until your body shuts down on itself. He wasn't concerned with his legacy, or at least the expectations that other people had for his legacy.

That's exactly how I felt before I left competitive Jarts forever.

Deputy Nutz
07-25-2012, 01:15 PM
I once got a jart stuck in my mouth, I walked away from the game at 11 years old.

Zool
07-25-2012, 01:34 PM
He still can't take a shit without Packer Fan commenting on it, and making it the talk of their sports day.

You had a good post going...Just can't help but troll I guess.

ThunderDan
07-25-2012, 02:04 PM
He couldn't walk away, he felt he was so close to winning a championship, and he couldn't let it go. He loved winning, he loved the cheers, and he loved the game. He was addicted and like so many other addictions you don't stop them until your body shuts down on itself. He wasn't concerned with his legacy, or at least the expectations that other people had for his legacy. 20 years of stardom and living as everyone else's hero and poster boy, and saint and sinner people have their opinions some of them fair, but regardless of spectrum most of them are now ridiculous. He still can't take a shit without Packer Fan commenting on it, and making it the talk of their sports day.

While I'm not going to go back through the whole thread, I think it wasn't until your post at number 9,412 that BF's shit was mentioned or commented on.

Pugger
07-25-2012, 05:55 PM
If he wanted another ring why did he quit on a team that was an INT in overtime away from a SB XLII berth?

Deputy Nutz
07-25-2012, 10:49 PM
You had a good post going...Just can't help but troll I guess.

Fuck you. I listen to sports talk radio all fucking day long, and all last week the biggest talk on the dial was Favre's interview with Deion, and whether or not he was going to go Holmgren's induction. So ya, I am right.

Patler
07-26-2012, 05:03 AM
He still can't take a shit without Packer Fan commenting on it, and making it the talk of their sports day.

Fuck you. I listen to sports talk radio all fucking day long, and all last week the biggest talk on the dial was Favre's interview with Deion, and whether or not he was going to go Holmgren's induction. So ya, I am right.

Oh, so what they were really talking about were an event and a topic instigated and promoted nationally by the media. That doesn't really prove your point that fans hang on every little thing he does.

He's gone from a god to a caricature, so sure, people will still talk about him if he is brought up as a subject. Doesn't mean they really care all that much about his routine matters.

When the dumb ass comes out in a national interview and basically says he couldn't care less whether GB retires his number or not (whether he really means that or not), of course people will talk about it, and anything related to it. Those aren't really bowel movement type activities.

Personally, I think Murphy and everyone associated with the Packers should stop talking about the # retirement thing, and if asked they should simply say, "That is a matter for future consideration."

Fritz
07-26-2012, 09:48 AM
If he wanted another ring why did he quit on a team that was an INT in overtime away from a SB XLII berth?

I think this is a damn good question. If he really couldn't walk away because he wanted to try for one more ring, why didn't he go to MM and TT and say, "Look, I know you think your boy is ready, but I want one more try for the ring. I'm coming back for one more shot, and after that, I'll let go and you can move on. Whaddya say?"

Speaking of Brent, I've heard his turds were legendary in the locker room for their length and girth, unlike other aspects of Brent.

Zool
07-26-2012, 10:17 AM

Fuck you. I don't listen to sports talk all day long and I'm a Packer fan. So lumping 6 whining fucks together, that called into a talk radio show, means all Packer fans? Thats some fucking sound logic there trolly trollerson. You could have left that last sentence off your post entirely and it would have been a really good post. Instead you had to drop it in knowing it would get a reaction. I.E. trolling.

Upnorth
07-26-2012, 10:51 AM
I believe that trolling is what is keeping this thread going more than anything. I give Nutz credit for his part of trolling in a historic (histronic?) thread.

Fritz
07-26-2012, 12:30 PM
You guys are getting this thread way off track. I thought we were supposed to be (figuratively) dissecting Brent's poop.

George Cumby
07-26-2012, 07:42 PM
Oh, so what they were really talking about were an event and a topic instigated and promoted nationally by the media. That doesn't really prove your point that fans hang on every little thing he does.

He's gone from a god to a caricature, so sure, people will still talk about him if he is brought up as a subject. Doesn't mean they really care all that much about his routine matters.

When the dumb ass comes out in a national interview and basically says he couldn't care less whether GB retires his number or not (whether he really means that or not), of course people will talk about it, and anything related to it. Those aren't really bowel movement type activities.

Personally, I think Murphy and everyone associated with the Packers should stop talking about the # retirement thing, and if asked they should simply say, "That is a matter for future consideration."

Whoa, whoa, whoa!

Call FBI HRT, some @ss dropping mutha' fucka' has abducted the beloved, even-keeled and equanimical Patler and is assuming his internet persona and is using "dumb ass" in a post!

Is anyone else alarmed by this seemingly out of character lapse?

Patler
07-26-2012, 08:16 PM
Whoa, whoa, whoa!

Call FBI HRT, some @ss dropping mutha' fucka' has abducted the beloved, even-keeled and equanimical Patler and is assuming his internet persona and is using "dumb ass" in a post!

Is anyone else alarmed by this seemingly out of character lapse?

:lol::lol: The guy is really starting to frustrate me. After 20 years in the limelight, he still doesn't realize when he is shooting himself in the foot. He seems to get dumber and dumber with the passing of time.

George Cumby
07-26-2012, 09:26 PM
:lol::lol: The guy is really starting to frustrate me. After 20 years in the limelight, he still doesn't realize when he is shooting himself in the foot. He seems to get dumber and dumber with the passing of time.

I think this is a side-effect of too much celebrity or too much masturbation, both of which seem to make people stoopiter over time.

Never one for self-reflection or self-analysis, it seems he is incapable of empathy and honestly assessing how his words affect others or will be interpreted.

I am not particularly concerned about his bowel movements but I am sad for the man and the joke that he has become; in contrast to the hero he would have been had Fritz's scenario been the one that had played out.

It reminds me of this definition of Hell: "The last day you have on Earth, the person you became will meet the person you could have become."

Pugger
07-27-2012, 07:49 AM

I wonder if he has always been this dumb but we didn't see cuz we didn't want to. ;)

Fritz
07-27-2012, 08:09 AM
I think this is a side-effect of too much celebrity or too much masturbation, both of which seem to make people stoopiter over time.

Never one for self-reflection or self-analysis, it seems he is incapable of empathy and honestly assessing how his words affect others or will be interpreted.

I am not particularly concerned about his bowel movements but I am sad for the man and the joke that he has become; in contrast to the hero he would have been had Fritz's scenario been the one that had played out.

It reminds me of this definition of Hell: "The last day you have on Earth, the person you became will meet the person you could have become."

If only i hed nown!

GrnBay007
07-28-2012, 03:18 PM

They CAN'T let it go......it's big time revenue. I'm sure they don't really care about his number retirement but from the business side of things they can't let it go.

GrnBay007
07-28-2012, 04:00 PM
Speaking of Brett....a recent story...

A few years ago Brett ordered a custom made golf cart from a small business in a small town in Iowa. No idea how he found out about the business. The owner made the cart and decided to deliver it in person. His best friend (Bubs) was a huge Favre/Packer fan and he asked him to make the trip with him. They drove to Mississippi with his custom made golf cart and fully expected to be greeted at the gate by the grounds-keepers to drop of the cart. Instead they were greeted by Brett, who invited them in. He showed them around his estate and they spent the day with him BSing.

The business owner and Brett had contact a couple times over the next 3 years. About a year ago his friend, Bubs, was diagnosed with a brain tumor. After all cancer treatment had expired and the end was near, the business owner contacted Brett with a special request. He asked that he travel to this Iowa town to visit his friend Bubs. Brett and Deanna didn't hesitate and made the visit. Bubs died 2 weeks later.

Bubs was a business owner as well...he owned a popular sports bar. That was where Brett visited him and was there about 4 hours. Anyone that showed up could get an autograph and a pic with he and Bubs. It's a cool story and there was no lime-light, CNN or any high profile people talking about it.....just a random act of kindness for practically a stranger.

Brett's business decisions were that.... business decisions. Sure there was bitterness and animosity on BOTH sides and that happens in business. I'm sure we've all seen it. Why it was taken to extreme by fans, I don't know. He's made some mistakes over the years .....like all of us. Our mistakes are just not out there for the world to see. His visit to a dying man that I personally knew was pretty special for him and his family. I think there's still a lot of good in old Brett!

Deputy Nutz
07-29-2012, 12:15 AM
Fuck you. I don't listen to sports talk all day long and I'm a Packer fan. So lumping 6 whining fucks together, that called into a talk radio show, means all Packer fans? Thats some fucking sound logic there trolly trollerson. You could have left that last sentence off your post entirely and it would have been a really good post. Instead you had to drop it in knowing it would get a reaction. I.E. trolling.

I know you are just trying to piss me off, I keep all the Favre talk here, I rarely respond to this thread to begin with, but you then try to start shit with me because you think you are funny. You don't listen to sports talk radio so you don't know shit about sports talk radio, you don't know what they are talking about, but you want to give lip about it. When Favre speaks Wisconsin listens, fact. Maybe it would be better if you just don't fucking respond to my shit. You are not funny, and I don't appreciate your bullshit. Go banter with Skinbasket, because I don't find you all that entertaining.

Deputy Nutz
07-29-2012, 12:19 AM
Speaking of Brett....a recent story...

A few years ago Brett ordered a custom made golf cart from a small business in a small town in Iowa. No idea how he found out about the business. The owner made the cart and decided to deliver it in person. His best friend (Bubs) was a huge Favre/Packer fan and he asked him to make the trip with him. They drove to Mississippi with his custom made golf cart and fully expected to be greeted at the gate by the grounds-keepers to drop of the cart. Instead they were greeted by Brett, who invited them in. He showed them around his estate and they spent the day with him BSing.

The business owner and Brett had contact a couple times over the next 3 years. About a year ago his friend, Bubs, was diagnosed with a brain tumor. After all cancer treatment had expired and the end was near, the business owner contacted Brett with a special request. He asked that he travel to this Iowa town to visit his friend Bubs. Brett and Deanna didn't hesitate and made the visit. Bubs died 2 weeks later.

Bubs was a business owner as well...he owned a popular sports bar. That was where Brett visited him and was there about 4 hours. Anyone that showed up could get an autograph and a pic with he and Bubs. It's a cool story and there was no lime-light, CNN or any high profile people talking about it.....just a random act of kindness for practically a stranger.

Brett's business decisions were that.... business decisions. Sure there was bitterness and animosity on BOTH sides and that happens in business. I'm sure we've all seen it. Why it was taken to extreme by fans, I don't know. He's made some mistakes over the years .....like all of us. Our mistakes are just not out there for the world to see. His visit to a dying man that I personally knew was pretty special for him and his family. I think there's still a lot of good in old Brett!

Packer fan doesn't want to hear about the nice things Favre does for other people, according to Packer fan he probably just does these things to boast his own image and impress himself with all the good stuff he does. Packer fan knows he does far more harm to mankind than he does good. Packer fan knows.

Deputy Nutz
07-29-2012, 12:26 AM

his play in Green Bay speaks for its self, if you want to keep worrying about his legacy in Green Bay you go a head, because he doesn't give a shit, you are either with him or against him. He is fine with that, he doesn't need to feel the love, you turned your back, he doesn't need you worrying about getting his number retired. Hell I hope he gets his number retired in Minnesota before he walks back into Green Bay.

Patler
07-29-2012, 05:12 AM

They CAN'T let it go......it's big time revenue. I'm sure they don't really care about his number retirement but from the business side of things they can't let it go.

I didn't mean not do it, just stop talking about it until the time is right to do it. It's clear that any such ceremony is at least a little while off yet. Scuttle future talk about it until the team and Favre are ready to go ahead with it. Then, make a big announcement about it and get it over with. Continuing to talk about the uncertainty of when it will be is pointless.

Patler
07-29-2012, 05:41 AM
his play in Green Bay speaks for its self, if you want to keep worrying about his legacy in Green Bay you go a head, because he doesn't give a shit, you are either with him or against him. He is fine with that, he doesn't need to feel the love, you turned your back, he doesn't need you worrying about getting his number retired. Hell I hope he gets his number retired in Minnesota before he walks back into Green Bay.

Did I write anything about his play in GB?
Did I express worry one way or the other about his "legacy"? I simply commented on the change, which is hard to dispute.

I am neither with him or against him. I am simply an observer of the soap opera that has gone on for about 7 or 8 years now, from when he first started talking seriously about retiring. You may recall that I commented critically about it even before he left Green Bay. I have not changed in view of the revelations about him during his departure or his seasons in NY and MN. I argued before his retirement that he was trying to get out of GB.

His number will be retired. I didn't suggest that it shouldn't be. I merely said that the Packers should quit talking about it until they are ready to do it. Short and pointed replies to the press that the time for number retirement will be determined in the future would move toward that. It really does neither Favre nor the Packers any good for either one of them to continue talking about it. They both know it can't happen until fences are mended between them.

It's hard to deny that his reputation and esteem has taken a hit. An athlete's reputation is a blend of performance and personality. Nothing has changed about the performance component in Favre's reputation. However, the public's perception of his personality has changed due to a number of things.

I have never said he is all bad. He has always had a soft spot and time for terminally ill people. Those stories have been consistent. His work with Make-A-Wish and other organizations was legendary. For years, he had guests at one practice almost every week.

I neither revere nor despise the guy. Never did, even when he was in GB.

I don't understand your apparent bitterness.

Joemailman
07-29-2012, 07:56 AM
I didn't mean not do it, just stop talking about it until the time is right to do it. It's clear that any such ceremony is at least a little while off yet. Scuttle future talk about it until the team and Favre are ready to go ahead with it. Then, make a big announcement about it and get it over with. Continuing to talk about the uncertainty of when it will be is pointless.

I think by raising the issue Murphy is trying to get both Favre and the Packer fan base to at least start thinking about reconcilement. Favre is going to be a first ballot NFL Hall Of Famer in a few years. My guess is that both Murphy and the NFL want there to be a reconcilement before Favre's induction. They don't want the rift between Favre and the Packers to be what people are talking about at Favre's induction. Based on Favre's recent comments though, and the fact he didn't show for Holmgren's Packer HOF induction, it doesn't seem Favre is interested in a reconcilement any time soon. So while there may not be much Murphy can do, I think he will continue to try to nudge the process along.

Patler
07-29-2012, 08:17 AM
I think by raising the issue Murphy is trying to get both Favre and the Packer fan base to at least start thinking about reconcilement. Favre is going to be a first ballot NFL Hall Of Famer in a few years. My guess is that both Murphy and the NFL want there to be a reconcilement before Favre's induction. They don't want the rift between Favre and the Packers to be what people are talking about at Favre's induction. Based on Favre's recent comments though, and the fact he didn't show for Holmgren's Packer HOF induction, it doesn't seem Favre is interested in a reconcilement any time soon. So while there may not be much Murphy can do, I think he will continue to try to nudge the process along.

All may be true, but even his HOF candidacy is a ways off, in the terms of NFL careers. A year or true with little Favre discussion would probably be good for him and the team.

RashanGary
07-29-2012, 12:05 PM
It's all one big drama.

The way this thing went down couldn't have gone any worse for either side.

For the Packers, they wanted to pay the guy 20 million dollars to go away. They wanted to keep that golden goose, laying little *Packer for life) eggs for decades to come. Favre went to Minnesota. The fans turned their backs on him and now the Packers lose out on a bunch of cash they could have had if Favre had just gotten in line and done what they wanted him to do.

For Favre, he had a team ditch him in favor of Aaron Rodgers. I think in one of the interviews he cried when he said they were just doing it for Aaron. I don't remember the exact context, but he was friggin hurt. He had a bunch of reactions, on TV, that made him look bad. Then he went on to toss a horrible interception against the Saints and the Packers went on to be the most successful team over the last 4 years.

Horrible guy? Nope
Horrible time for all sides to come together? Yep

The Packers don't need Favre in any way. right now. Fans are enjoying the run and the Packers are making millions. In a few years, if the Packers have a little drought, that would be a good time to capitalize on some big Favre ceremonies, sell some Favre jerseys and memorabilia. . . .

There's no reason for Favre to march into GB right now with a bunch of fans who will boo him. Ron Wolf used to say we won't appreciate Favre until he's gone. As it turns out, we might not appreciate Favre until Aaron Rodgers is gone. Then, when the Packers aren't on top of the world, people might want to look back at the good old days, when Favre was ripping it up, rather than focusing on how Favre betrayed them.

We loved watching him play. For me it was about 12 of his 16 years here. For most, it was all 16. But still, he was a lot of fun to watch and it would be fun to look back at those big plays and celebrate his career. For Favre, I imagine it would feel good to get that gratitude from the fans and the team.

Sure seems like a good time to let this shit die. Sometimes I read a Driver article where he says "The Packers mean a lot to me and I mean a lot to them. I'm going to retire a Packer." Driver doesn't mean it to come off this way, but it comes off like he's loyal and Favre is not. It just shows how much the Favre thing affected me. I suspect others read that in too. Then AR says he's going to retire when he doesn't love the game enough to show up for the offseason work. Now that one, I think that one is a direct example of Aaron learning "what not to do" from Favre. From my perspective, it fortifies the opinions I had when Favre wasn't showing up. . . . . On my end, it's not a closed book yet. I don't think it is for a lot of people, including Favre and some of the leaders in the Packers (namely AR and MM) TT seems cold as ice. I don't think he gives a shit one way or the other.

swede
07-29-2012, 02:15 PM
Hell I hope he gets his number retired in Minnesota before he walks back into Green Bay.

I think this represents a popular sentiment.

GrnBay007
07-29-2012, 03:58 PM
Sometimes I read a Driver article where he says "The Packers mean a lot to me and I mean a lot to them. I'm going to retire a Packer." Driver doesn't mean it to come off this way, but it comes off like he's loyal and Favre is not. It just shows how much the Favre thing affected me. I suspect others read that in too. Then AR says he's going to retire when he doesn't love the game enough to show up for the offseason work. Now that one, I think that one is a direct example of Aaron learning "what not to do" from Favre. From my perspective, it fortifies the opinions I had when Favre wasn't showing up. . . .

I would not read into Driver's statement the way you did. I would image most guys on the present roster would say that if asked...can't bite the hand that feeds you.

Remember, talk is cheap. It's easy to utter those words when things are going your way and there is no end in site (Rodgers). They can't predict exactly what they would do if they were in Favre's situation, just like no one here could ....until you walk in someone else's shoes....wouldn't the world be a much better place if we all practiced that before making random statements, especially the statements meant to spite or degrade others?

RashanGary
07-29-2012, 05:12 PM
007, I was more saying, fans draw a contrast still. 4 or 5 years later, it's still an issue for fans. Whenever a player talks about doing something opposite of what Favre did, it reminds me of him. I think other fans probably do the same thing.

What the heck is it with you Favre fans coming back for training camp anyway :)

This is fun time, damn it!!

But yeah, Favre still has an impact with Packer nation. Always will. He was a big part of our era of football. That won't go away.

My son likes this dude :cool: and this dude :p

Deputy Nutz
07-29-2012, 09:32 PM
It's all one big drama.

The way this thing went down couldn't have gone any worse for either side.

For the Packers, they wanted to pay the guy 20 million dollars to go away. They wanted to keep that golden goose, laying little *Packer for life) eggs for decades to come. Favre went to Minnesota. The fans turned their backs on him and now the Packers lose out on a bunch of cash they could have had if Favre had just gotten in line and done what they wanted him to do.

For Favre, he had a team ditch him in favor of Aaron Rodgers. I think in one of the interviews he cried when he said they were just doing it for Aaron. I don't remember the exact context, but he was friggin hurt. He had a bunch of reactions, on TV, that made him look bad. Then he went on to toss a horrible interception against the Saints and the Packers went on to be the most successful team over the last 4 years.

Horrible guy? Nope
Horrible time for all sides to come together? Yep

The Packers don't need Favre in any way. right now. Fans are enjoying the run and the Packers are making millions. In a few years, if the Packers have a little drought, that would be a good time to capitalize on some big Favre ceremonies, sell some Favre jerseys and memorabilia. . . .

There's no reason for Favre to march into GB right now with a bunch of fans who will boo him. Ron Wolf used to say we won't appreciate Favre until he's gone. As it turns out, we might not appreciate Favre until Aaron Rodgers is gone. Then, when the Packers aren't on top of the world, people might want to look back at the good old days, when Favre was ripping it up, rather than focusing on how Favre betrayed them.

We loved watching him play. For me it was about 12 of his 16 years here. For most, it was all 16. But still, he was a lot of fun to watch and it would be fun to look back at those big plays and celebrate his career. For Favre, I imagine it would feel good to get that gratitude from the fans and the team.

Sure seems like a good time to let this shit die. Sometimes I read a Driver article where he says "The Packers mean a lot to me and I mean a lot to them. I'm going to retire a Packer." Driver doesn't mean it to come off this way, but it comes off like he's loyal and Favre is not. It just shows how much the Favre thing affected me. I suspect others read that in too. Then AR says he's going to retire when he doesn't love the game enough to show up for the offseason work. Now that one, I think that one is a direct example of Aaron learning "what not to do" from Favre. From my perspective, it fortifies the opinions I had when Favre wasn't showing up. . . . . On my end, it's not a closed book yet. I don't think it is for a lot of people, including Favre and some of the leaders in the Packers (namely AR and MM) TT seems cold as ice. I don't think he gives a shit one way or the other.

This post is spot on. I thought bringing up the number retirement was a bit too early, Favre has been retired for one season, and it is apparent that he isn't ready, let it die. The Packers are playing good football and honestly made a surprisingly easy transition from Favre to Rodgers, they have had great success on the field, and financially as well. The Packers don't need Favre any more than Favre needs the Packers. Spot on.

The Argentina Womens Sand Volleyball team is hot

Iron Mike
07-30-2012, 07:16 AM
The Argentina Womens Sand Volleyball team is hot

Hello, Dutch Field Hockey!!!!

http://www.unathleticmag.com/wp-content/uploads/T3i16_DutchFieldHockey.jpg

Iron Mike
07-30-2012, 07:18 AM
http://www.unathleticmag.com/wp-content/uploads/T3i16_DutchFieldHockey.jpg

http://ayyyy.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2008/01/wooderson.jpg

Alright, alright, alright!!!!

swede
07-30-2012, 07:29 AM
And thus begins the "Dutch Women's Field Hockey" chapter of the Brett Favre thread.

This is why Fritz's thread is having a hard time keeping pace.

Pugger
07-30-2012, 09:40 AM
All may be true, but even his HOF candidacy is a ways off, in the terms of NFL careers. A year or true with little Favre discussion would probably be good for him and the team.

And especially the fans.

I'm becoming more ambivalent about Favre as time goes on (= I don't give care about him one way or another, frankly) but I'm hoping the Packer brass puts a lid on this number/jersey retirement stuff entirely. It is too early for some for any reconciliation and the league frowns on retiring numbers these days anyway. I say putting his name up on the Ring of Honor after his HOF induction should suffice.

Zool
07-30-2012, 09:42 AM
I know you are just trying to piss me off, I keep all the Favre talk here, I rarely respond to this thread to begin with, but you then try to start shit with me because you think you are funny. You don't listen to sports talk radio so you don't know shit about sports talk radio, you don't know what they are talking about, but you want to give lip about it. When Favre speaks Wisconsin listens, fact. Maybe it would be better if you just don't fucking respond to my shit. You are not funny, and I don't appreciate your bullshit. Go banter with Skinbasket, because I don't find you all that entertaining.

Not trying to be funny and I could care less about you so I'm not trying to piss you off. You have a good post then end it with something trying to rile up the locals. This can't be shocking news to you. It's been going on for a while.

I'll respond to anything I choose just as you can/do. Neat thing about a forum.

Tell you what, stop taking cheap shots at the users here and I'll do the same with you.

pbmax
07-30-2012, 11:28 AM
Remember, talk is cheap. It's easy to utter those words when things are going your way and there is no end in site (Rodgers). They can't predict exactly what they would do if they were in Favre's situation, just like no one here could ....until you walk in someone else's shoes....wouldn't the world be a much better place if we all practiced that before making random statements, especially the statements meant to spite or degrade others?

On this, GB007 and I agree. Talk is cheap, especially when a very large check and contract are on the horizon. Rodgers is no more committed to the Packers at this stage of his career than Favre was. Favre was also going to retire when it wasn't fun anymore, nor did he care if he was being paid a lot of money to play and he told people he would retire rather than play for another team when the Packers thought he was done. Obviously, none of those statements were 100% true. And Rodgers words are no more binding. I am not winking with this post and taking a shot. 007 is right that Rodgers has no idea what his future holds.

Rogers cannot now envision putting his backup through the cold shoulder routine or running a power play against the team by taking a month or two to contemplate his retirement. But no one thinks relationships will turn sour when everything is going well.

The difference is that most Packer fans bought that Favre was different. No one wanted to see the signs that he had his own agenda. Rodgers can't burn that bridge, its already up in smoke.

Patler
07-30-2012, 11:45 AM
And especially the fans.

I'm becoming more ambivalent about Favre as time goes on (= I don't give care about him one way or another, frankly) but I'm hoping the Packer brass puts a lid on this number/jersey retirement stuff entirely. It is too early for some for any reconciliation and the league frowns on retiring numbers these days anyway. I say putting his name up on the Ring of Honor after his HOF induction should suffice.

The team has no choice but to retire his number eventually. They already said they would. They had even scheduled a weekend to do it. The absolutely have to do it eventually, but when that will be depends on the relationship between the team and Favre.

My only point on the matter is that there is no reason to talk about it until the relationship is such that the ceremony will happen soon. Unlike some, I don't see any great need for it to happen before his HOF induction. If it can, fine. If not, so what?

Deputy Nutz
07-30-2012, 02:40 PM

Zool, I would like to know exactly which section of my post you determined to be a cheap shot. Because I can come up with "cheap shots" that are ten times worse. I seriously don't know why you decided to get this worked up and start shit over this one post when I have flamed Packer fan a 100 times worse than anything that could have been taken as a cheap shot in the above post. regardless what I say on this topic you find a reason to call me out, you act like a bitch. you want to be the holy protector of Packer fan, fine but I will start calling you out like the bitch that you are. You want to start a flame war with me go ahead, but please pick a post where I have actually taken a cheap shot.

Here I will give you something so you can actually get worked up,

"95% of the Packer fans in the state of Wisconsin are low life, Starter apparel wearing, booger eating slobs, that can hardly read. The only thrill they get is to get drunk on cheap, shitty beer and make racist remarks towards any and all black players regardless if they screw up or make a great play. These are the same fans that can only name two Packers, Aaron Roger, and Brett Favre, and then call him Bert Favre like they are the first witty bastard to come up with it, even though they saw it on a shirt at their local Walmart. Hey Packer fan, Stonewashed jeans went out of fashion 20 years ago. It is bad enough that Packer fan goes ballistic every time the Packers lose a game(blamed on the black players of course) but do they need to choke their daughters, and kick their dogs?

See those things I just wrote are what I would call cheap shots, talking about what interests Packer fan is not. I can't believe you honestly find a lack of truth with my quoted post and if you did, then you are very ignorant and out of touch with Green Bay Packer fans interests and concerns.

Deputy Nutz
07-30-2012, 02:46 PM
On this, GB007 and I agree. Talk is cheap, especially when a very large check and contract are on the horizon. Rodgers is no more committed to the Packers at this stage of his career than Favre was. Favre was also going to retire when it wasn't fun anymore, nor did he care if he was being paid a lot of money to play and he told people he would retire rather than play for another team when the Packers thought he was done. Obviously, none of those statements were 100% true. And Rodgers words are no more binding. I am not winking with this post and taking a shot. 007 is right that Rodgers has no idea what his future holds.

Rogers cannot now envision putting his backup through the cold shoulder routine or running a power play against the team by taking a month or two to contemplate his retirement. But no one thinks relationships will turn sour when everything is going well.

The difference is that most Packer fans bought that Favre was different. No one wanted to see the signs that he had his own agenda. Rodgers can't burn that bridge, its already up in smoke.

You are very correct. Favre was willing to retire a Packer and be hailed the greatest of all time, but then reality slapped him in the face and the Packers wanted to go another direction, one that didn't include Favre leading the Packers to glory. Everyone has an ego, Professional Athletes may have the biggest egos, in line with politicians and movie stars. When Favre turned directions and decided to play for the Vikings he not only played for another team, he played for the hated rival in the Vikings, the loyalty ended on both sides. Welcome to professional sports, it is entertainment, nothing more and nothing less.

Fritz
07-31-2012, 08:44 AM
I'll tell you what, whatever you think of ol' #4, he is compelling. Don Hutson will never have a thread that runs this long.

HowardRoark
07-31-2012, 09:11 AM
My thread would have balls; there wouldn't be no girl's sports in it.

http://s3.hubimg.com/u/2324298_f260.jpg

Zool
07-31-2012, 09:21 AM
http://i279.photobucket.com/albums/kk127/fireandashes36/heatsmyballs.jpg

Zool
07-31-2012, 09:22 AM
Zool, I would like to know exactly which section of my post you determined to be a cheap shot. Because I can come up with "cheap shots" that are ten times worse. I seriously don't know why you decided to get this worked up and start shit over this one post when I have flamed Packer fan a 100 times worse than anything that could have been taken as a cheap shot in the above post. regardless what I say on this topic you find a reason to call me out, you act like a bitch. you want to be the holy protector of Packer fan, fine but I will start calling you out like the bitch that you are. You want to start a flame war with me go ahead, but please pick a post where I have actually taken a cheap shot.

Here I will give you something so you can actually get worked up,

"95% of the Packer fans in the state of Wisconsin are low life, Starter apparel wearing, booger eating slobs, that can hardly read. The only thrill they get is to get drunk on cheap, shitty beer and make racist remarks towards any and all black players regardless if they screw up or make a great play. These are the same fans that can only name two Packers, Aaron Roger, and Brett Favre, and then call him Bert Favre like they are the first witty bastard to come up with it, even though they saw it on a shirt at their local Walmart. Hey Packer fan, Stonewashed jeans went out of fashion 20 years ago. It is bad enough that Packer fan goes ballistic every time the Packers lose a game(blamed on the black players of course) but do they need to choke their daughters, and kick their dogs?

See those things I just wrote are what I would call cheap shots, talking about what interests Packer fan is not. I can't believe you honestly find a lack of truth with my quoted post and if you did, then you are very ignorant and out of touch with Green Bay Packer fans interests and concerns.

You've historically taken cheap generalized shots in this thread and others. Now you're indignant about it? You know who you are, and I guess everyone else does too. You can get all internet tough I guess. Have at it. You're the only one here acting like a bitch.

Deputy Nutz
07-31-2012, 01:28 PM
Internet tough? Are you really that fucked in the head? I am exactly the same fucking immature jackass on these forums as I am in real life, I am an asshole and I never claimed to be different. If you want to point out that I take cheap shots at Packer fan then do it, but please every time I post in this thread I am waiting for your pathetic ass to call me a troll. Because only someone with a pathetic life would get worked up enough to call someone else a troll on an internet forum. When have I ever changed who I was on these boards? If I offended you, how come it wasn't five years ago? Or how about 8 years ago? Or maybe you found two little testicles inside the folds of your mangina, good for you, now piss off and figure out some other way to spend your time with your newly found balls.

LP
07-31-2012, 01:37 PM
Internet tough? Are you really that fucked in the head? I am exactly the same fucking immature jackass on these forums as I am in real life, I am an asshole and I never claimed to be different. If you want to point out that I take cheap shots at Packer fan then do it, but please every time I post in this thread I am waiting for your pathetic ass to call me a troll. Because only someone with a pathetic life would get worked up enough to call someone else a troll on an internet forum. When have I ever changed who I was on these boards? If I offended you, how come it wasn't five years ago? Or how about 8 years ago? Or maybe you found two little testicles inside the folds of your mangina, good for you, now piss off and figure out some other way to spend your time with your newly found balls.

Someone's rather sensitive.

Fritz
07-31-2012, 01:43 PM
Wait...maybe Nutz IS Brent!

Zool
07-31-2012, 01:56 PM

Apparently now I have internet testicles as well as an internet mangina? WTF are they teaching you in college bio class? Apparently I have offended you and for that I'm a little happier in my day.

Guess I'll take my life of a pathetic person and let you say whatever the fuck you want with impunity. That seems to be the only way for your panties to get unbunched.

Packer fans united on AM radio!

pbmax
07-31-2012, 02:10 PM
Nutz, you used to tell us what you thought about the game and how the players played it. But more often now we get to hear what "Packer Fan" is thinking or doing. You admittedly don't include yourself in this group and the comments are clearly all condescension.

Most on here knocking Favre are actually knocking the player. Right or wrong, its a critique of a former player. There has been criticism of his defenders (much of it unwarranted) and it still pops up from time to time, but most of that has gone away and we enjoy a measure of peace because of it.

But I think the comments Zool points to are the continued insults of posters, radio show callers and other assorted "Packer Fans". I don't think you are being held to a different standard. This board does better when the disagreements don't get personal. Everyone could hold a grudge about something someone has written about them on this board. There is no justice though, the only option is restraint.

HowardRoark
07-31-2012, 03:08 PM
.......the only option is restraint.

Thanks Christopher Grey*.

*I know of this from a woman who told me about the book. I do not now, nor have I ever, had a mangina.

Upnorth
07-31-2012, 04:13 PM
I have noticed a disturbing trend over the last few post. The attemp at putting logic into this thread is disturbing to say the least. This was a fun thread for those of us who are mentally deranged as it gives us an oppertunity to air our personal form of insanity in a clear consice and batshit insane sorta way with out judging. This logic you are forcing on us might just ruin this run away train. Please restrain yourself from this, put on a propellor beanie and let loose with the stupid.
Thank you.

swede
07-31-2012, 04:51 PM
Ode to a Turd That Won't Flush

The lever unchains a vortex to hasten
Swirling and downward the porcelain basin
Riding a river of unwanted fluid
Bucking its fate the torpedo extruded
From bowels tormented by los habaneros
From yesterday's breakfast of huevos rancheros
Denies all the physics and technical prowess
The plumber had given the creator's house
Riding centrifugal force the duration
Bobbing, finally, in mute celebration

Fear not, though you may look on in disgust
Fear not, flush again, and again--if you must
Its very existence a repellant reminder
Of entropy's relentless march to the hinder
Soon we all die, the shit and the shitter
But today goes the turd, and we are no quitter
Plunging and gouging a terrible geyser
The turd is all gone and we are no wiser

Fritz
07-31-2012, 05:52 PM
That's a shitty poem.

pbmax
07-31-2012, 06:58 PM
Thanks Christopher Grey*.

*I know of this from a woman who told me about the book. I do not now, nor have I ever, had a mangina.

I would Google that name but I am afraid of the results. Must wait for solitude.

MJZiggy
07-31-2012, 07:46 PM
I would Google that name but I am afraid of the results. Must wait for solitude.

I believe he meant Christian Grey of Shades fame...

Fritz
08-01-2012, 05:35 AM
Doesn't that guy have fifty shades? And does that mean one of his shades in mangina gray?

Mangina Gray - hmmm...sounds like a Sherman-Williams paint color.

KYPack
08-01-2012, 07:27 AM
Eric Mangina,fmr Browns/Jets coach?

Fritz
08-01-2012, 07:35 AM
Eric Mangina!

Upnorth
08-01-2012, 10:34 AM
Ode to a Turd That Won't Flush

The lever unchains a vortex to hasten
Swirling and downward the porcelain basin
Riding a river of unwanted fluid
Bucking its fate the torpedo extruded
From bowels tormented by los habaneros
From yesterday's breakfast of huevos rancheros
Denies all the physics and technical prowess
The plumber had given the creator's house
Riding centrifugal force the duration
Bobbing, finally, in mute celebration

Fear not, though you may look on in disgust
Fear not, flush again, and again--if you must
Its very existence a repellant reminder
Of entropy's relentless march to the hinder
Soon we all die, the shit and the shitter
But today goes the turd, and we are no quitter
Plunging and gouging a terrible geyser
The turd is all gone and we are no wiser

I vote Swede for packerrat Poet Laureate. Just so you know the pay is shitty (groan)

pbmax
08-01-2012, 11:06 AM

So NOT the Canadian actor? That's good to know.

swede
08-01-2012, 01:21 PM
I vote Swede for packerrat Poet Laureate. Just so you know the pay is shitty (groan)

Thank you

I used to make cakes for a hobby but i like poetry more so things have gone from batter to verse.

I was simply trying to divert a sudden rush of negative energy that had entered our Favre thread by inserting a ridiculous poem as a baffling non sequitur.

The Favre thread inspired me to muse upon turds that won't go away.

(In retrospect, "surfing" would be better than the redundant second "riding" and be more alliterative with "centrifugal".)

Upnorth
08-01-2012, 01:58 PM
Thank you

I used to make cakes for a hobby but i like poetry more so things have gone from batter to verse.

I was simply trying to divert a sudden rush of negative energy that had entered our Favre thread by inserting a ridiculous poem as a baffling non sequitur.

(In retrospect, "surfing" would be better than the redundant second "riding" and be more alliterative with "centrifugal".)

ROFL!!!!! Why oh why can't we rep the same post more than once!

George Cumby
08-01-2012, 10:49 PM
Thank you

I was going to attempt the same but you artfully and masterfully beat me to the punch.

I bow to your virtuosity, sir.

gbgary
08-03-2012, 12:14 AM

i think he meant fletcher christain of bounty fame...

Deputy Nutz
08-03-2012, 10:47 AM
Nutz, you used to tell us what you thought about the game and how the players played it. But more often now we get to hear what "Packer Fan" is thinking or doing. You admittedly don't include yourself in this group and the comments are clearly all condescension.

Most on here knocking Favre are actually knocking the player. Right or wrong, its a critique of a former player. There has been criticism of his defenders (much of it unwarranted) and it still pops up from time to time, but most of that has gone away and we enjoy a measure of peace because of it.

But I think the comments Zool points to are the continued insults of posters, radio show callers and other assorted "Packer Fans". I don't think you are being held to a different standard. This board does better when the disagreements don't get personal. Everyone could hold a grudge about something someone has written about them on this board. There is no justice though, the only option is restraint.

When the games start I will be happy to comment on them. Training camp battles, sure I will comment on them now that we are in the second week of training camp, but I would like to actually watch a preseason game first. I don't have a problem with anyone on these forums. Zool has made it his duty to continue to call me out, and that if fine, but until he shuts up I will continue my cheap and disrespectful outbursts at Packer fan and the tit that they continue to suckle for their warmth and self esteem.

green_bowl_packer
09-29-2012, 03:26 PM
http://i48.tinypic.com/2r59oog.jpg

What goes around, comes around

George Cumby
09-29-2012, 04:53 PM

What goes around, comes around

My God. Why does that clip make me want to like him again?

Pugger
09-29-2012, 05:49 PM
Give 'em hell, coach! :lol:

Joemailman
09-29-2012, 06:01 PM
He is a coach's son. Apple didn't fall far from the tree.

RashanGary
09-29-2012, 06:04 PM
Haha, he cares, that's for damn sure. Gotta love it.

I think the highschool thing is good for him. On the NFL stage, too many people were looking at him, judging him, talkign about him, etc. . . . . I think it's hard to be yourself when other people are saying so much about you every day.

He looks like himself in the clip. Angry, yes, but he also seems genuine. Down the stretch there, when he played, it looked like he was faking it a little.

swede
09-29-2012, 07:41 PM
If I read lips rightly, Cameron is going to get an earful by Coach Favre during the film session.

Edit 1: Heh heh...It's not "Cameron!"...it's "HailMary! HailMary!"

Edit 2: "Gatorade! HailMary! Hep...Dammit!

channtheman
09-30-2012, 11:54 AM
:lol: Love the second edit swede!

Smeefers
10-06-2012, 07:42 AM
http://www.officialbrettfavre.com/news/story_c3e4682ad6f0/

Man, regardless of how much I don't like the man, it would be awesome if he coached one of my nieces or nephews, or one of my girlfriends kids, or anyone I knew really.

KYPack
11-21-2012, 12:29 PM
There was a Mobb ref in one of the threads, so I'm bumpin' this sucker.

Just for the hell of it, read the first pages of this monstrosity.

It's like seeing an old teacher you hated at Walmart.

mraynrand
11-21-2012, 12:41 PM
Uh oh!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_PUAgITZfq0

The return of "Oh my, Fucktacklem!!!"

denverYooper
11-21-2012, 01:01 PM
That dude is a straight up pimp.

Cheesehead Craig
11-21-2012, 02:48 PM
The return of "Oh my, Fucktacklem!!!"

I love that guy!

mission
11-21-2012, 04:19 PM
Why KY why

KYPack
11-21-2012, 05:14 PM
Why KY why

Sorry Mish.

Once I broke into the clear, they just couldn't stop me.

It's old home week & I had to do it.

AtlPackFan
11-21-2012, 06:31 PM
Sorry Mish.

Once I broke into the clear, they just couldn't stop me.

It's old home week & I had to do it.

Crap. One of these days this thread is really going to die. Probably not in my life time...but one of these days.

pbmax
11-21-2012, 08:11 PM
If I read lips rightly, Cameron is going to get an earful by Coach Favre during the film session.

Swede, have you ever seen this site? You should contribute.

http://badlipreading.tumblr.com

woodbuck27
11-27-2012, 11:57 AM
My God. Why does that clip make me want to like him again?

Holy Cow ! Favre makes Mike Ditka look serene in comparison as a football coach.

Did someone steal ** the gatoraid?

** Note: I read this post after I made the above gatoraid reference. Quite a coincidence.:

woodbuck27
12-01-2012, 02:10 PM
I don't want to hurt anyone's feelings on this forum for posting this video of the story of Brett Favre narrated by Billy Bob Thornton for NFL Films. Our present quarterback Aaron Rodgers and our Packers are struggling at present to make the playoffs this season (2012) and hopefully make a Super Bowl run. That's of present concern for aware Packer fans.

I was researching our former outstanding WR Sterling Sharpe when I discovered this video on You Tube. I enjoyed it as it showed the human side of 'The Legend' or observation of Brett Favre we agreed or disagreed with as Packer fans.

This is a long video (44:25) and well done, excellent quality. It covers alot that was Brett Favre as a quarterback and a person... a human being . A unique NFL QB as tough as they came and as much fun as it gets to watch. Why he made us cheer so loudly for him and at the same time drive us to distraction in frustration. Favre is a funny man and this video certainly proves that fact. I don't believe you can call yourself a Green Bay Packer fan and not get some enjoyment out of this video.

NFL Films Presents Brett Favre

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MnL4Nd7QOJ8

GO PACKERS !

Freak Out
12-01-2012, 02:30 PM
OMFG.

pbmax
12-01-2012, 03:49 PM
OMFG.

This forum infected your computer too?

Pugger
12-01-2012, 05:59 PM
:pc:

denverYooper
12-01-2012, 07:04 PM
OMFG.

CBGB

swede
12-01-2012, 11:52 PM
MMmmm...Cuisine de la Cracker:

Brett Favre’s Crawfish Etoufee

Recipe By : The NFL Family Cookbook
Serving Size : 4 Preparation Time :0:00
Categories : Main Dishes

Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
-------- ------------ --------------------------------
1/2 Cup (1 stick) margarine
2 green bell peppers -- chopped
2 Ribs (2-3 ribs) celery -- chopped
1 Large onion -- chopped
3 Cans (3-4 Cans) Cream Of Mushroom Soup -- 10 3/4 Oz Each
1 Pound crawfish tails
2 Cans Diced Tomatoes With Green Chiles -- 10 Oz Ea,
Undrained
cooked white rice

In large pot or cast-iron Dutch oven, melt margarine and saute peppers,
celery and onion.

Add soup and cook over low heat, stirring occasionally, 20 to 30 minutes.

Add crawfish tails and cook 30 to 40 minutes more.

Add tomatoes and their liquid and stir to blend completely. Serve over rice
in individual serving bowls. Makes about 4 servings.

This is a Southern specialty from Green Bay Packers quarterback Brett Favre
and his wife, Deanna. Published in the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel 10/15/97.

woodbuck27
12-02-2012, 07:54 AM
This thread:

OFFICIAL BRETT THE LIVING LEGEND THREAD

Started by MOBB DEEP, 08-14-2008 12:28 AM

475 Pages ... Replies: 9,498 ... Views: 298,139

Nearly 10,000 Replies and 300 K Views. HOLY COW !